PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Please have more than one save file!

Chaos Feraligatr
May 29th, 2010, 06:20 AM
is anyone else hoping that the new games have atleast 2 save files? that would be so epic in itself.

Horizon
May 29th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Not likely, unfortunately. If you want more than one save, Nintendo expect you to buy more than one copy of the game.

I'm so cynical, aren't I?

Ger Japa
May 29th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Yap that's right that's what i always wanted :|

Neiko Star
May 29th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I only wish. :/ But I doubt it'll happen.

Chaos Feraligatr
May 29th, 2010, 06:31 AM
yeah i doubt it too i just wish it would happen V_V

Hibaru
May 29th, 2010, 06:32 AM
True! I want that too! And If it does, when the times come for me to buy both Black and White, I guess It'll be more easier for me to trade over the starters to each game. So I get the three starters.

Porygon-Z
May 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM
It would be awesome, but I cant see it happening unfortunately. Nintendo makes there money off people buying multiple copies.

MarstheCar
May 29th, 2010, 06:53 AM
That would be cool, but Nintendo wouldn't get as much money than with one save file.

Sora's Nobody
May 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM
And if they did you would be able to get several events!

Kon~
May 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
It would be too easy to abuse the game for starters and such, and anyway, Nintendo wants your money - why have two save files when you can have two games?

Anyway, I like having only one save file. :D
Not as much responsibility, you see. :D

jigglyppuff8
May 29th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Why? What about us people with big families? I'd have to share. D:

MartinJF
May 29th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Thats how Nintendo thinks. You will have to buy several games if you dont want to share the file.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Please don't, imo. More saved files could translate into limited capabilities for the games (since the DS cartridge can only hold so much as of now). I'm happy with the one saved file, and it's like a staple of pokemon. yes having more than one saved file would be awesome, though in a way it could defeat the purpose of trading pkmn, etc. Like why trade for a Tsutaja when you could just start a new file and get one?

Volroc
May 29th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Thats how Nintendo thinks. You will have to buy several games if you dont want to share the file.

then explain the legend of zelda, every game has 2-3 bdifferent save files.

Mew~
May 29th, 2010, 09:02 AM
^ This :D

I would def' want another save file so I could pick and use all the starters without restarting :D

DXrobots
May 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I've wanted two save files since Generation 2 its about damn time we got some action!

pokemongarnet
May 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I used to want it but then i noticed it'd be an easy way for pepole to cheat i.e. more than one legendarie etc.

BleuVII
May 29th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I have wanted this since the original R/B, but I really highly doubt it will happen. Each cartridge is supposed to be YOUR cartridge, and nobody else's. As people have said, it is to make sure you get only one event pokemon or legendary.

Personally, I use a game save backup device like Action Replay, though to be honest I haven't started any new games. Pokemon is so slow that I only want to play the main story once per game.

Bloothump
May 29th, 2010, 10:17 AM

Hahahah, please THINK before posting.
When playinjg Zelda, you just go through the story and have a great time and you're done.
When playing pokemon, you trade, collect pokemon, and items, and every time you play its a different experience. They're two completely different games.

And PipVoda is right. Having a second save file would only mean half the experience of a usual pokemon game.

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Not gonna happen. It takes the fun out of... actually, it doesn't harm trading. You can't trade in one Game Card... I don't see why they don't do this?

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Not gonna happen. It takes the fun out of... actually, it doesn't harm trading. You can't trade in one Game Card... I don't see why they don't do this?

Okayyy!!!Let me get out my economics book :cool::D ::flips through pages in head::: Put it this way, pokemon games are a utility and with all utilities you may want it (or need) or just want some updates to it (like more saved files). These saved files are marginal utility (you buy/have more thus making you happy) but like Bleu pointed out pokemon games are slow and sooner or later you'd get tired of playing through another saved file (law of diminishing marginal utility)...Now if Nintendo adds in more saved files we all may be shortly happy..but sooner or later the LoDMU will come into effect an more saved files would just mean less fun and possibly more headaches...that means you'd be less likely to buy another pokemon game since you already have more than one saved file on one..and you've gotten tired of it already :D. And one thing we know about Nintendo is that they want you to buy more pokemon games.

does that help? And a sidenote..like I mentioned in another post Idk how much the DS catridges can hold so more saved files could mean limited capabilities in other aspects (graphics, etc).

Volroc
May 29th, 2010, 11:36 AM
When playinjg Zelda, you just go through the story and have a great time and you're done.
When playing pokemon, you trade, collect pokemon, and items, and every time you play its a different experience. They're two completely different games.

And PipVoda is right. Having a second save file would only mean half the experience of a usual pokemon game.

you should THINK before you insult sumone baka.

i did THINK thats why i posted it, just cuz you go threw the storyline, and end doesnt mean its the end, alot of fans enjoy goin over the storyline multiple times, i am one of them.
so maybe you should THINK before you act so rudely.
------------------------
i think they should put 2save files, that way one can have their main file were they collect their pokemon, and everythin
and the 2nd could be used simple to play threw the storyline multiple times.
not only that, they could always do the "2nd Quest"
where you can start over with everythin you already obtained
they started that with yugioh world championship after many fans kept askin for it, sure it took them 2years to get the hint, but nintendo isnt completely hopeless.
after all theirs multiple games in the zelda franchise that do the "2nd Quest" thing ^_^ the original zelda is 1 of them, majoras mask is another ^_^

Esmas
May 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
It won't happen. There's too much in a tiny Pokémon game to hold two (or more O___o) save files, and it'd be too easy to trade from game to game. And anyway, it's a trio of games, so that's three save files right there.

Kirbychu
May 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM
It won't happen. There's too much in a tiny Pokémon game to hold two (or more O___o) save files
Wrong. There was quite a bit leftover space in the 4th gen games. Game Freak could have given us multiple save files in GSC.

And anyway, it's a trio of games, so that's three save files right there.
I shouldn't have to pay $35-$40 for another save file.

Hahahah, please STOP insulting other members. :)

There are plenty of collecting games that save multiple save files. Look at the Monster Hunter series, it's avery similar to Pokemon in some aspects.There's a very shallow plot and the game is focused on collecting. This game gives you multiple save files and it doesn't harm it at all.

I'm Kirbychu, and I support the multiple save file notion.

Kanto_Johto
May 29th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Whoever thinks that having more than one save file on a Pokemon game is a feasible concept is an idiot, to put it lightly. Nintendo want to make as much money as they can from these games, and know that some people are going to buy both so they can collect all the Pokemon.

This is why they have version exclusive Pokemon. They wouldn't make two different versions otherwise. The explanation to the Zelda and Mario games having 2-3 save files is that there is only one versions of the game per 2-3 years.

NikoBelic999
May 29th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Have you noticed that the cartridge is small? All of those pokemon and all of those places, AND the 3D? It is almost impossible, unless you expand the size and the NDS or NDSi.

I dont want another because it has too much responsibility. UNLESS it had black and white on one cartridge.

JAK3
May 29th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Like what Niko said, too much memory, although, it would be useful to have it, then you wouldn't have to worry about buying another cartridge or resetting a good file of yours, but, you could just buy the opposite version of that Generation, and it could be worth it considering they are saying there will be differences between the two games beside version exclusives, ( I think? ) So yeah, just enjoy yourself.

Nickmonster
May 29th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I doubt this could happan,even do i would like this happan as much as you.like everyon esles saying,there trying to make money.

Heart's Soul
May 29th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah. Get the game and a CycloDS, dump it, get the latest version (once it's perfected) and you can have 3 savefiles now! 2 Saves on the CycloDS (because of Normal and Alternative save method) and a save on your real card. I did that with Pearl.

Rei Shingetsu
May 29th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I really don't think it's possible though...
So what if you save before catching a legendary, then saved when you captured it, and go back and try for another one?
I doubt it.

dozo
May 29th, 2010, 05:45 PM
That would be far too fantastic and easy for everyone, so they won't consider it.

Ravecat
May 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I don't want two or more save files.

A Pokémon game is supposed to be your game with your captured Pokémon, having multiple save-files, characters, and captured Pokémon would ruin the atmosphere in my honest opinion.

Mattysaurus
May 29th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think it's a matter of the size of the cartridge, but that Nintendo would lose sales that way. People wouldn't need to buy two of the games because they would already be basically owning two of the games and so on. 2 save files = 2 games, basically.

And what someone before me said, about the Zelda and Mario having separate save files, it's because there was only one for every couple of years, whereas Pokemon has two-three versions every couple of years.

Cyberglass
May 29th, 2010, 06:08 PM
What would be the actual in-game benefit of multiple save files? Wouldn't it actually not help at all for collecting, since you still only have one version and you would still need a second game as an intermediary to trade between the two save files (in which case you could just restart the second game after trading the starter in the first five minutes, and get all three starters anyway)?

Beelzenef
May 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I wish, being able to have 2 files would be an advantage for most people.

But Nintendo wouldn't do this for Pokemon. :U

RyanGT
May 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM
This won't happen. It should, but it won't unfortunately. This has been talked about for the last decade, I don't think they will change their minds now.

PiPVoda
May 29th, 2010, 07:20 PM
This won't happen. It should, but it won't unfortunately. This has been talked about for the last decade, I don't think they will change their minds now.

yeah I definitely know if I worked for Nintendo I'd never take that idea into consideration.

garnetdagger
May 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM
It would be awesome, but I cant see it happening unfortunately. Nintendo makes there money off people buying multiple copies.

Exactly what I was thinking.

But yeah it will probably will never happen with any Pokemon games in the future, as convenient as it would be. I hate start new files because I end up being attached to at least a few Pokemon....:/

Kirbychu
May 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Have you noticed that the cartridge is small? All of those pokemon and all of those places, AND the 3D? It is almost impossible, unless you expand the size and the NDS or NDSi.

Like what Niko said, too much memory

You guys do realize that the games already have two save files? One is the main one and the other is a back-up file that boots up whenever the main one gets corrupted. Whenever you save, your previous save file becomes the back-up save file.

Bloothump
May 29th, 2010, 09:26 PM
you should THINK before you insult sumone baka.

i did THINK thats why i posted it, just cuz you go threw the storyline, and end doesnt mean its the end, alot of fans enjoy goin over the storyline multiple times, i am one of them.
so maybe you should THINK before you act so rudely.

You're right, I was rude, and I apologise. I was irritated by something and I brought that here and that was wrong. I didn't mean anything against you personally, ahaha.

Anwho~ I understand that Zelda has multiple save files, I usually utilize this and play twice with every game i get. But the difference is with Zelda there is no trading or collecting, so Nintendo doesn't have to worry about anyone abusing the system. 2 save files means 2 legendaries, 2 starters, 2 master balls, and half the money.

Again, I apologise for being such a jerk, that's not usually who I am and it won't happen again.

Leki
May 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM
They want you too badly to buy the other two versions in each trio. D8

Plus, I think it'd be hard onthe memory with all those Pokemon with individual stats, abilities, moves, natures, badges, and with so many boxes. D8

Volroc
May 30th, 2010, 12:16 AM
You're right, I was rude, and I apologise. I was irritated by something and I brought that here and that was wrong. I didn't mean anything against you personally, ahaha.

Anwho~ I understand that Zelda has multiple save files, I usually utilize this and play twice with every game i get. But the difference is with Zelda there is no trading or collecting, so Nintendo doesn't have to worry about anyone abusing the system. 2 save files means 2 legendaries, 2 starters, 2 master balls, and half the money.

Again, I apologise for being such a jerk, that's not usually who I am and it won't happen again.

apology excepted mate ^_^

actually TLoZ sells twice as much as pokemon, so if they did that,it might double their sells, just sayin, they have nothing to lose, people will still buy at least 1of each Duo, and then usually the 3rd game, thats what i end up doin cuz im a sucker for the new region,and cant wit for the 3rd game :P

They want you too badly to buy the other two versions in each trio. D8

Plus, I think it'd be hard onthe memory with all those Pokemon with individual stats, abilities, moves, natures, badges, and with so many boxes. D8

well ive seen the size of TLoZ:Ocarina of Time, compared to the size of Platinum, Platinum is triple the size of OoT, but OoT gives you 3save files which is indeed triple the data so their bout the same ^_^
im sure if they actually worked on it, and tried theyd be able to make it work, unlike the half-assed emulators for the N64 zelda games they made on gamecube.

adventure
June 7th, 2010, 12:44 PM
If that was technically possible, I'd love it so much.

GlitchCity
June 7th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I would love that, but I will end up buying both games anyways lol

Mclarenf1905
June 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I would love for this to happen, but I know well enough that it never will, Nintendo makes enough money off of people who buy more than one copy of the game specifically for this reason, the upside is it gives you a reason to buy all three versions of each generation, or both in the case of remakes like FRLG/HGSS.

metalflygon08
June 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
How would tradng wrk with 2 save files? Wouldn' you be able to trade with yoursef via GTS if there were 2 save files?

MistahDude
June 7th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Game Freak wants you to be able to have your very own adventure. How could you do that with multiple save files?

Thunderhead
June 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
It would be sweet if they did something simmilar, like have something in Wiiware to hold you pokemon save games.

Kind of like Pokemon Box, but made for saved games as well.

ChrisTom
June 7th, 2010, 09:28 PM
This would be sorta nice because when I want to show a Friend how to play Pokemon I'm always worried they will screw something up with my file. But I don't know if they will or not.

*shrugs shoulders*

It'd be nice, but it's not really neccessary.

Dwight12
June 7th, 2010, 09:36 PM
That would be great. But i doubt it will happen.

kaiser32
June 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hey Pokemon SS and HG, Held two regions and a nice pokemon list.

I think they can make it.

DXrobots
June 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
they should make use of the SD card in the DSi. That way could have multiple Save files.

ghasteon
June 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
they should make use of the SD card in the DSi. That way could have multiple Save files.
YESSSSS you rock!!!!
That would be awesome i have so many old ones

Volroc
June 8th, 2010, 07:33 PM

thats epic fail.
SD cards are mad expensive.
and the games have alot of memory
youd be payin for a new one every time you played the game.
thats an easy 20-40$ just to play the game
so basically that ****s everyone out of the money they paid for the game, their better off gettin a rom then.

Kirbychu
June 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Not to mention that they can probably fit two or three files on a standard DS cartridge anyways.

sandeon
June 8th, 2010, 09:14 PM
yes because my parents always want me to "share" with siblings.

Secretstunt24
June 8th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Getting more than one save file isn't likely to happen due to the fact it take so much data managing one save file. Using two would call for a technology advancement. Futhermore, Nintendo wants you to interact with the community... giving you more than one save file reduces the chances of you getting more people involved. Saying that though... I have two game systems so I can trade back and forth between my 5 DS games.

myrrh25
June 9th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Nintendo suck for just wanting money. I should not have to pay £35 for being able to play my storyline through dozens of times, and then another £35 just to have my Batlle Pokemon. Example; I want to restart my Soul Silver game, I have 29 lvl100's that I don't have the patience to trade, so therefore I would have to buy HeartGold to get another playthrough done. Cheers Nintendo.

Ninja Caterpie
June 9th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Multiple saves would've worked in Gen II.
Multiple saves would've worked in Gen III.

But multiple saves won't work in Gen IV, V, VI or any high gen.

Why? Because we have Wifi - more specifically, the Global Trade Station.

Start the game on three different saves, with three different starters, get to the GTS, put them up in one, take them down in another and voila, three starters in one save.

shengar
June 9th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Multiple saves would've worked in Gen II.
Multiple saves would've worked in Gen III.

But multiple saves won't work in Gen IV, V, VI or any high gen.

Why? Because we have Wifi - more specifically, the Global Trade Station.

Start the game on three different saves, with three different starters, get to the GTS, put them up in one, take them down in another and voila, three starters in one save.

Yes. And this also the reason why letting us have more than one save file will DISCOURAGED trading with other people.

Weavile05
June 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM
they need three so you can have one of each starter, and then they should allow you to trade pokes between files. And they could just make it so that one file can't trade over gts with another file on the same game cartridge

Volroc
June 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
heres the simpliest fix, that so bovious,even i overlooked it til a moment ago, and with how technology is, itd happen anyways:

YOU CANT TRADE BETWEEN SAVE FILES.

Voila! simple fix, see the genius?
you have 1 file to play threw the storyline all you want
and you have 1 save file you use for wifi battles, tournaments, & completin the pokedex, and run threw the storyline just the once ^_^

and since you cant trade between them, you still gotta use the community to trade.
of course the loop hole is you could just have a friend hold your pokemon,& you trade them over between files lol

^_^ see nintendo has plenty of options, they can do it
after all you get 3files for Twilight Princess of legend of Zelda, and that games at least 24times the size of a pokemon game, youd think the Wii couldnt handle somethin like that :P

Nikorasu
June 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Lol, the reason nintendo wont do this, like said, is they expect people to buy another game. This leads to the comsumer to buy the other version. One game is used for the one good save, and the other is used to keep restarting.

Woo 300 posts :D

A Pixy
June 9th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, I would want that so much. o3o

war rock exe
June 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
that's a good idea. but i agree with horizon...

Dragonika
June 9th, 2010, 09:12 AM
i would preffur to have just 1 save file not as much responsability and for 2 u could have to event pokemon of the same event which would mess things up (cheat)

XxVeNtAnAxX
June 9th, 2010, 09:16 AM
that would be amazing more then one save file. the ability to have two would just make me go crazy

xPsychosocial
June 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM
It sounds like a good idea and it would save me a bit of money but I don't see it happening. Like others have said Nintendo want to make money by selling multiple copies of the games. =\

Flare Riqueza
June 9th, 2010, 10:48 AM
It'd be ok....

.....but then again, removes part of Satoshi Tajiri's original idea, doesn't it?

He was partially inspired by the fact that aGameboy could link with another Gameboy so people could swap!

Bluemoon
June 9th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I DOUBT IT WOULD HAPPEN CAUSE POKEMON ONE GAME CARD CANNOT HOLD TOO MANY FILES....

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
That would be UBER epic!
I'd love that... I'd make the first one my girl file, and the second the boy file.

So I can make them make out.

PiPVoda
June 9th, 2010, 06:17 PM
heres the simpliest fix, that so bovious,even i overlooked it til a moment ago, and with how technology is, itd happen anyways:

YOU CANT TRADE BETWEEN SAVE FILES.

Voila! simple fix, see the genius?
you have 1 file to play threw the storyline all you want
and you have 1 save file you use for wifi battles, tournaments, & completin the pokedex, and run threw the storyline just the once ^_^

and since you cant trade between them, you still gotta use the community to trade.
of course the loop hole is you could just have a friend hold your pokemon,& you trade them over between files lol

^_^ see nintendo has plenty of options, they can do it
after all you get 3files for Twilight Princess of legend of Zelda, and that games at least 24times the size of a pokemon game, youd think the Wii couldnt handle somethin like that :P

merrrr, and what do you do if your pokemon gets stuck in a trade in-between the files? It's possible, you never know :P The DS could more than likely definitely handle more info on one cartridge but I don't think it will happen. I've grown use to Nintendo's money-making ways. So use to it that I might end up having 4 copies of black & white...lol.

Ninja Caterpie
June 9th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Using excuses like Mario and LoZ don't work. There's no element of other players in those games; those are strictly one-player games.

Do LoZ or Mario give you special items by going to events?
Didn't think so.

Do you trade stuff with friends and get extra stuff like that in Mario or LoZ?
Didn't think so.

Can you connect to Wifi, put something up with one save and then take it down with the next in LoZ or Mario?
DIDN'T THINK SO.

Volroc
June 9th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Using excuses like Mario and LoZ don't work. There's no element of other players in those games; those are strictly one-player games.

Do LoZ or Mario give you special items by going to events?
Didn't think so.

Do you trade stuff with friends and get extra stuff like that in Mario or LoZ?
Didn't think so.

Can you connect to Wifi, put something up with one save and then take it down with the next in LoZ or Mario?
DIDN'T THINK SO.

Actually its MORE relevant than pokemon simply cuz:

IT MAKES MORE MONEY THAN POKEMON

we get at least 6mario games between each gen of pokemon, we get at least 2 zelda games between each gen of pokemon

and you wanna know wat happens?

THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN POKEMON

Pokemon makes half the money you get from Mario & Zelda, and we know Nintendo only cares bout the money, thats why we have a poor excuse for Zelda like twilight princess, or those lame paper mario games
and they make the most money& they have far more in them than pokemon, yet they have several save files.......

Pokemon gets 1save file, just cuz it has events? and multiplayer?
hell no! its just nintendos lazy streak
after workin hard on the zelda& mario games, they sit down& just relax and make pokemon, as a side plan for money.

get the idea yet? they only want the money, do you think wed have events if they werent gettin paid for it? hell no.

Forever
June 9th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Pokemon gets 1save file, just cuz it has events? and multiplayer?
hell no! its just nintendos lazy streak
after workin hard on the zelda& mario games, they sit down& just relax and make pokemon, as a side plan for money.

Nintendo isn't lazy. Every game has a purpose - for the people to play the games to actually enjoy them (including Pokemon), and every game makes profit for Nintendo. I don't get the issue here...

Ninja Caterpie
June 9th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Uhm, I don't see how having one save file is laziness. o.o

And, uh, name the six mario games that we've gotten in the last year, please.

Nintendo isn't lazy; having 1 save file might be their idea, y'know? I mean, they bothered to put FREAKING BACKGROUND SOUNDS WHEN YOU WALK NEAR WATER AND FOOTSTEP NOISES AND THE LIKE INTO POKEMON HGSS. I DARE YOU TO CALL THAT LAZY.

Volroc
June 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Nintendo isn't lazy. Every game has a purpose - for the people to play the games to actually enjoy them (including Pokemon), and every game makes profit for Nintendo. I don't get the issue here...

nintendo is lazy,not as lazy as playstation& Xbox (who just do fancy graphics)
nintendo gives good storyline sure, but the lack things to do after
basically once you finish story mode you just round up every other pokemon so fun *rolls eyes* once thats complete, your finished.
multiple save files would be a way to fix that.
or better do like yugioh world championship
2modes:

Storyline Mode
&
Collection Mode

you basically can put your pokemon in collection mode after you beat story mode, then your collection is safe& you can play threw story mode again, see easy fix,everyones happy& nintendo still makes their money
probably twice as much as they did.

Ninja Caterpie
June 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yes, uhm, great. Most games have nothing to do after you beat the main story. What're you going to do in Pokemon, just RESTART THE STORY?

Wouldn't that just be...I dunno, boring?

Forever
June 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
But people can already transfer their Pokemon to other games via trading/wifi/migration, which covers this "collection mode" thing.

Besides, that isn't really another save file, it's just somewhere to store your Pokemon, which I believe Pokemon Box was pretty much intended for.

Tyrantrum
June 9th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I realize this post is old, but I figured I should reply. Plus, I'm bored. :|
I don't think it's a matter of the size of the cartridge, but that Nintendo would lose sales that way. People wouldn't need to buy two of the games because they would already be basically owning two of the games and so on. 2 save files = 2 games, basically.
Anyway, just because it looks like they have two of the game, doesn't mean they will lose sales. They could still buy the other game, because you have to remember that there will be Pokémon differences between the two games.

Volroc
June 10th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Yes, uhm, great. Most games have nothing to do after you beat the main story. What're you going to do in Pokemon, just RESTART THE STORY?

Wouldn't that just be...I dunno, boring?

only to you appearantly, cuz you havent even read a single post of half the people here,you like to restart the story, so ya before you say sumtihn,you might wanna read the whole thread

But people can already transfer their Pokemon to other games via trading/wifi/migration, which covers this "collection mode" thing.

Besides, that isn't really another save file, it's just somewhere to store your Pokemon, which I believe Pokemon Box was pretty much intended for.

Pokemon Box/Ranch or watever it is SUCKS its the emphasis of Nintendos laziness, those Mii lookin pokemon are a disgrace.
not to mention not everyone has the money to go by a wii, i sure as hell dont.
the Collection Mode, or an extra Save File would give me the chance to not worry bout losin my pokemon, that i worked hard to raise& give me the opportunity to enjoy the storyline more.
and id probably end up buyin more of the games then, cuz then itd be worth it, take yugioh world championship:
you get 3promo cards in it & you can restart the storyline with everythin you have.
2010 sold 14times the amount of 2009,2008,&2007
all thanx to that single feature that all the fans wanted.
to all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors.

I realize this post is old, but I figured I should reply. Plus, I'm bored. :|

Anyway, just because it looks like they have two of the game, doesn't mean they will lose sales. They could still buy the other game, because you have to remember that there will be Pokémon differences between the two games.

my point exactly youll still be missing pokemon, need to trade evolve, exc.
multiple save files wont change the basic of pokemon, just let you play twice as much, let a friend play their own if they dont own it (which would make them buy it) i left no loop hole, ive shown how this would increase their sales ALOT.

enderalex
June 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM
they wont do it . Nintendo wants your money, all of it lol. They want you to buy several copies of essentially the same game. Its called evil coporations :l

HannahMontana
June 10th, 2010, 07:37 PM
@Volroc

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot.

STOP comparing Zelda and Pokemon. They're both Nintendo branded, but Pokemon is made by Gamefreak, a second party developer...they don't adhere to the same standards.

WHY are you even bringing up Twilight Princess? Does it have an alternate version on the Wii? NO!

They're out to make money. Thus, they create two versions of the same game and later an updated third one. They also include exclusive Pokemon. Many fans buy all three. It's an amazing sales tactic that is working very well, they are not going to stop.

And no, Zelda games ABSOLUTELY DO NOT outsell Pokemon games. Stop making up facts. Pokemon is a franchise with every type of product imaginable, its sells are unprecedented. If each Zelda game had only one save file, it's sales would....nearly stay the same! They would not double, that's just stupid.

"o all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors?

What the hell? No, you are wrong. You are very wrong and you look very ignorant and ridiculous right now. Pokemon is a very unique case, stop comparing it to games with multiple save files. They are purposely not putting on save files. The sales would take a MAJOR hit. Increase? LOL!

I have no clue why you are bringing up "laziness" as if that has anything to do with why they aren't including a second save file.

Memory isn't an issue, it all comes down to money. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't have an issue with buying two/three games. This is all REALLY obvious, it doesn't even have merit to be discussed.

So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about.

Volroc
June 10th, 2010, 08:12 PM
@Volroc

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot.

STOP comparing Zelda and Pokemon. They're both Nintendo branded, but Pokemon is made by Gamefreak, a second party developer...they don't adhere to the same standards.

WHY are you even bringing up Twilight Princess? Does it have an alternate version on the Wii? NO!

They're out to make money. Thus, they create two versions of the same game and later an updated third one. They also include exclusive Pokemon. Many fans buy all three. It's an amazing sales tactic that is working very well, they are not going to stop.

And no, Zelda games ABSOLUTELY DO NOT outsell Pokemon games. Stop making up facts. Pokemon is a franchise with every type of product imaginable, its sells are unprecedented. If each Zelda game had only one save file, it's sales would....nearly stay the same! They would not double, that's just stupid.

"o all you who think theyd lose sales over this idea, your wrong, every game i have seen with multiple save files has increased sales dramatically from its predecessors?

What the hell? No, you are wrong. You are very wrong and you look very ignorant and ridiculous right now. Pokemon is a very unique case, stop comparing it to games with multiple save files. They are purposely not putting on save files. The sales would take a MAJOR hit. Increase? LOL!

I have no clue why you are bringing up "laziness" as if that has anything to do with why they aren't including a second save file.

Memory isn't an issue, it all comes down to money. There is nothing wrong with that and I don't have an issue with buying two/three games. This is all REALLY obvious, it doesn't even have merit to be discussed.

So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about.

isnt hannah montana supposed to nice and not a total *****?

(owned)

anyways its not "made up facts" go research it, its fact.
before you open your big mouth& like like a know it all, you should back up your words.

(owned twice)

and hannah montana cant sing, has a voice deeper than mans, & cant act to save her life

(owned 3times)

shall i go for a 4th? no, ill be nice :P

i lready proved that nintendo only cares for the money, you proved it too, so stow it.

HannahMontana
June 10th, 2010, 08:22 PM
LOL at your "owned."

I'm named Hannah Montana ironically if you were too thick to tell. OWNED!!111!

Second I love you tell me to back up my words without stating a SINGLE fact.

Best Selling Zelda games:

Ocarina of Time- 7.6 million
Twilight Princess- 6.2 million

Best Selling Pokemon games:

Red and Blue- 21 million
Yellow- 9 million
Gold and Silver- 15.2 million
Ruby and Sapphire- 13 million
Fire Red and Leaf Green- 12 million
Emerald- 6.32 million
Diamond and Pearl- 18 million
Heart Gold and Soul Silver- 8.4 million
Platinum- 7 million

Yeah, nice try. Zelda franchise doesn't earn a fraction of the money Pokemon does. I'm not even taking into account the spin-offs, card series, table top series, book series, anime and the plethora of other Pokemon merchandise.

Should I say it? MEGA OWNED!

Other than that...yeah; you made EVERYTHING up. And then you just didn't respond to the rest of my post talking about how irrelevant and stupid your comparisons were.

I win :).

Ravecat
June 10th, 2010, 08:24 PM

(owned)

before you open your big mouth& like like a know it all, you should back up your words.

(owned twice)

and hannah montana cant sing, has a voice deeper than mans, & cant act to save her life

(owned 3times)

i lready proved that nintendo only cares for the money, you proved it too, so stow it.
You couldn't own a slow child.

Also, nobody has proved that Nintendo only cares for money.
Yes, they are a business, their primary function is to make money. This does not mean Game Freak (yes, a second-party dev) only care about money.
They also likely care about the franchise they have created and raised, perhaps?

Zorua
June 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM
To be honest, I have no interest within seeing more than one save file within this game. It'd be nice if you were to start all over for the heck of it, but taking into consideration how traditionally long pokemon games are, I wouldn't really count on utilizing a second file, unless there's some sort of replay bonus, which...again, I doubt. D:

YellowCrystalEmeraldPearl
June 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
What is it with a lot of people here seeming to assume that more than one save file means more than one version of Pokemon on the same cartridge? It does not! For example - on Pokemon Diamond, two save file would both be save files of Pokemon Diamond, and three save files would again all be Pokemon Diamond files. So even with multiple save files people would still have to buy Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Crystal as well if they wanted all 3 versions of Generation 4 (IV)!

And - how are you going to trade between save files in the same cartridge anyway - unless they allow you too? Wouldn't you have to buy another cartridge, and trade to there and then trade back to do that? Or maybe with the Wifi capabilities is what you mean, because I have only ever played generations 1, 2 and 3.

And of course there is a good reason to have more than one save file - other than even sharing in a large family or for swapping Pokemon around. What if you play one file really far but then you think - "I could have done some things better or with a different strategy and I want to try starting out fresh - but Man I don't want to wipe out all that progress I just did!" then what do you do with just one save file? - you don't have as many options in that case!

IcyArceusRider
June 13th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Yes, I agree, PLEEEEAAAASSE more than one save file. That would be so convenient for me. But it just looks like it's not going to happen....*sigh* It would be great, though. I'd love it!

WriteThemWrong
June 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
most ds games unfortunately don't have this feature but maybe now that a new ds is coming out, 3ds maybe it'll be possible. it would be awesome

Guy
June 13th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Not likely, unfortunately. If you want more than one save, Nintendo expect you to buy more than one copy of the game.

I'm so cynical, aren't I?
Sadly, I would have to agree with this from the get go. With two save files, Nintendo makes less money as people won't be have to purchase both (or all three games) for more save files. So, I doubt it would happen unless GameFreak and Nintendo are both sitting at high spots in the economy right now and feel comfortable to give it a shot.

I would love for them to do this though. How it would make things so much easier. *sighs*

Ninja Caterpie
June 17th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Just to add salt to the wounds, Volroc, Nintendo aren't the ones making Pokémon directly.

Do I smell a word...?

That's right.

OWNED.

My friend, you're getting destroyed by facts. Stop claiming your "proof" that Nintendo is lazy and cares nothing about us, because it's all in your head. I actually have proof to the contrary. Take a look at the new 3DS games list - a remake of Ocarina of Time? A new Kid Icarus game? Seems to me like Nintendo's actually caring, y'know, and remaking the old games everyone used to like, don't you think?

Oh, but you can't, you've just been owned beyond rational thinking. Sorry about that.

Calder
June 17th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Everyone should just chill out...

Anyways back to the topic...I think we should have Karma choices so that 3 savefiles would be good...One for Good, Evil, Neutral and for those who do challenges thats One for Main, Challenge, Karma (Reset)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 18th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I would really, really like there to be. But unfortunately, I doubt there will be that option. As others have said, Nintendo/GameFreak will probably just expect you to buy two games if you want two save files. -.-

Just to add salt to the wounds, Volroc, Nintendo aren't the ones making Pokémon directly.

Do I smell a word...?

That's right.

OWNED.

My friend, you're getting destroyed by facts. Stop claiming your "proof" that Nintendo is lazy and cares nothing about us, because it's all in your head. I actually have proof to the contrary. Take a look at the new 3DS games list - a remake of Ocarina of Time? A new Kid Icarus game? Seems to me like Nintendo's actually caring, y'know, and remaking the old games everyone used to like, don't you think?

Oh, but you can't, you've just been owned beyond rational thinking. Sorry about that.

Ouch, nasty much? GameFreak creates games exclusively for Nintendo. They're practicality a subsidiary. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some say over what the games do and are about, despite your over-arching optimism to the contrary.

As for LOL REMAKING GAMES IS LIEK SOOO FOR FANS...it's also a way to cut costs but still sell a ton of games. HG/SS were made so quickly because GameFreak already had the story-line, the characters, the level designs, the Pokémon locations...everything. All they needed to do is update the graphics, copy and paste the Battle Frontier in from Platinum and add the locations of the non-Johto PokéDex. It will be the same with OoT and the countless other games they will remake for the 3DS. Lrn2Capitalist and try again - it's not caring, it's money-saving. :|

Le Creep!
June 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Not to be rude, or anything, but...

Pffft! As if. I though there was gonna be two save files for HG/SS, and I'm wrong. So, I highly doubt there will be for Black/White.

This was just my honest opinion.

~LC!

zappyspiker
June 18th, 2010, 03:11 AM
It would be nice for 2 save files. I hate having to delete my game.

Insane85
June 18th, 2010, 03:12 AM
It's theoretically possible, and I'd love it to be so, but there's no way it's gonna happen.

Cherrim
June 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM
imo, even if we had two save files, people would whine about not being able to trade between them. :s I think it just makes more sense to have the one and if you want to play it again without losing your old file, buy it again. Might not be the most economical for consumers but Gamefreak/Nintendo already knows it can get away with one save file and forcing people to buy another game to play again if they're attached so... dunno why they'd fix a formula that, for them, isn't really broken. XD;

Anyway, that said, watch your tones, guys. :( There's no need to be condescending in a speculation thread.

bobandbill
June 18th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Also, nobody has proved that Nintendo only cares for money.
Yes, they are a business, their primary function is to make money. This does not mean Game Freak (yes, a second-party dev) only care about money.
They also likely care about the franchise they have created and raised, perhaps?This is certainly true in another manner - Pokemon is not the only thing Game Freak has made - they also had a game called Pulseman. This is they have references to that game series in a few ways (Volt Tackle is basically Pulseman's 'attack', and the D/P/Pt's rival battle music is remixed music from pulseman), which shows that they still care about a game long gone... most certainly this is also the case with Pokemon.

Anyways...well, another save file would be nice, but as said one was worked just fine and dandy for them, and somehow another set of two games at once suggests it'll be the same deal as before - one save file because they make money and like getting people to trade and use the wifi system they set up, etc, etc.

Tanaki
June 18th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Sadly, it ain't gonna happen. With a system like that it would be too easy for people to abuse getting starters and events, and it would defeat the purpose of making you buy both games to do such anyways. They only ever put a few different save slots on the console games so that 2 or more people can duke it out. That and the game's speed would drop to an abysmal low. It already takes up to 2 minutes to save the game if you move pokemon through your boxes. With 2 slots in a handheld pokemon game you'd better hope your batteries aren't dying.

PiPVoda
June 18th, 2010, 09:26 AM
@Volroc

I know my commenting on this is like 5 days after (lmao) but still...I don't like this comment :pink_no:, and yes you are right if they put more than one saved file in it could possibly mean a decrease in sales, but really what's wrong w/ experimenting? You say things come down to money and last time I checked Nintendo has a strong balance sheet and can afford to take a hit from low sales if it did happen. Having one than more saved file won't lower sales to the point of where Nintendo is posting as small as $500 million dollar profits. People would still buy games after that (say 3rd installment) because it would come w/ updated features, story, etc. So basically what I am saying is that having more than one saved file wouldn't alter the storyline or anything else in the game. But hey again that's my opinion, and you have yours.

That is because Zelda gets fewer games made than pokemon. Well in my opinion. Pokemon or Mario, one of the two, are Nintendo's two best selling genres and you have to admit one reason pokemon has been going so strong for so long is due to the cards, anime, video games every year, etc. If Zelda had that kind of exposure you could bet that sales would skyrocket.

He explained why he thought they were being lazy. He wasn't dogging on them, so tell us now why you don't have a clue why he's bringing up laziness. I mean he clearly explained his reasoning but you're just spewing out blank statements.

STOP. You DON'T know what you're taking about, and making yourself look like an idiot. So please stop being a fanboy and refrain from posting until you have any idea what you're talking about
:\ I don't think he made himself look like an idiot, if anything you've made yourself appear as an arrogant ass who thinks he or she (whatever the hell you are) know what they're talking about. If you thought he didn't know what he was talking about you could have said it in a more RESPECTFUL, yes say it w/ me now: R.E.S.P.E.C.T.F.U.L. way. Geesh, people on the internet these days.

And really none of our comments make 'sense' since none of us here work for Nintendo or Game Freak.

Kanto_Johto
June 20th, 2010, 01:16 PM

(owned)

(owned twice)

(owned 3times)

i lready proved that nintendo only cares for the money, you proved it too, so stow it.Holy ****! You sure showed that guy! One thing is for sure. If I ever saw you on the streets, I would run away. I couldn't stand to be owned by someone as intelligant and as quick witted as you.

/sarcasm

altariaking
June 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
bad idea. it makes it too easy to complete the pokedex, therefore removing the whole point in the game.

rockman0
June 20th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I would love for more than one save file, but given the nature of the games, I doubt it will be happening.

Deokishisu
June 20th, 2010, 08:36 PM
To all the people who think that there's not enough space for another save file: Do you have ANY idea how much free space is simply wasted in the Pokemon games? Furthermore, do you know the actual SIZE of a save file? Here's a point of reference. A Platinum save file (which contains both a main save, and the backup incase you turned it off while saving or some other nonsense) is 512KB. That's it. Nintendo could've given us several save files since G/S/C, and if R/B/Y wasn't all over the place with its space usage, it could've had multiple files as well. Most GBA Pokemon games have a little more than 1024KB of free space that's just sitting there. (I think I did that conversion right, if from offset 0x800000 to 0xFFFFFF is 8388607 bits.) Yes folks, that's right, TWO Platinum save files could fit in that space. TWO. A GBA save file is only 128KB. That's 8 full save files that could've been given to us in any GBA Pokemon game (perhaps 1 less in Emerald, it has less free space than R/S and Fr/Lg. How much less I'm not sure). 8. Do some research before spouting ignorance.

And though I'd love the second (or more) save file, it won't happen. Money money money...

Zirkle38
June 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I don't understand the point in two save files, other than abusing the trading system, that is.

And I think Zelda has multiple save files for multiple people. There are different ways of completing the game, depending on which one you play, I think.

In Pokemon, it seems more personal. At least, to me. This is MY SS game, MY Platinum game, MY Pikachu. And in Pokemon your course is pretty set, unless you count beating Erica and Sabrina in reverse order in RBY. That would be the only instance I could think of for multi save files, and even then, that reason is very, very pitiful.

And I'm not sure it would decrease sales that much, because I thought most people just bought the one game, regardless? Even if they were planning on buying Black and White, why would that change with multiple save files? I assume you are buying the other version for the exclusive Pokemon, which wouldn't be included in your extra save file.

So, if someone could explain -

The point in another save file, (disregarding the trade abuse,)
How/Why the sales would decrease

and do it without repeatedly insulting me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm totally neutral towards the situation. I'm not sure if I would utilize the capabilities, but it's not like more save files would be on my list of cons.

Migueliscool
June 20th, 2010, 09:21 PM
People would want 2 save files so someone they know could have a file too. But if they bought the game themselves you could battle them :D.

And also Nintendo would lose a lot of money if they do that. So that in itself is not gonna motivate them

Zirkle38
June 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Pokemon Box/Ranch or watever it is SUCKS its the emphasis of Nintendos laziness, those Mii lookin pokemon are a disgrace.
not to mention not everyone has the money to go by a wii, i sure as hell dont.
the Collection Mode, or an extra Save File would give me the chance to not worry bout losin my pokemon, that i worked hard to raise& give me the opportunity to enjoy the storyline more.

You lose your Pokemon often? You might wanna get that checked out.

Oh, and Pokemon Boxes come with the game. You know the computer looking this in the Pokemon Center? They're called PC's and you can store Pokemon on there, if you catch any more than six Pokemon. The Pokemon center is the Reddish/Pinkish building, usually located in Towns or Cities. They look like the blue ones, but those are stores.

Oh and, Yu-Gi-Oh sucks. It's a disgrace to humanity, cards, people with hair, Egyptians, dragons, eyes, girls, Pixies, furry things, the letter K, people with bi-polar disorder, older men who like to play card games with children, winged horses, orphans, chess, and just everything. Ever.

People would want 2 save files so someone they know could have a file too. But if they bought the game themselves you could battle them :D.

And also Nintendo would lose a lot of money if they do that. So that in itself is not gonna motivate them

Hmm. I suppose that makes sense, but I don't see this happening because if I want my friend to play Pokemon, I'd want to battle them and all the other things that come with Pokemon, and if I was playing it, they couldn't be playing it at the same time, which may create some tension with 'turns'. This would make the most sense with save files, I suppose, but I just don't see much sharing happening. But, that may just be me.

Migueliscool
June 20th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Hmm. I suppose that makes sense, but I don't see this happening because if I want my friend to play Pokemon, I'd want to battle them and all the other things that come with Pokemon, and if I was playing it, they couldn't be playing it at the same time, which may create some tension with 'turns'. This would make the most sense with save files, I suppose, but I just don't see much sharing happening. But, that may just be me.

That is exactly what I was thinking in my previous post I just didn't know how to put it into words so thanks

Ravecat
June 20th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Again, it's not just money; it defeats the purpose of Pokémon.

If there are two games on one cart:
• They're incompatible with each other; no battling, trading, etc.
• You now have two Pokémon collections, in a game where the entire point is to fill one collection.
• Legendaries/Starters can be captured an unlimited amount of times.
• The second file can be used as a slave for the aforementioned reason, and other such things.

These are bad things, that ruin the atmosphere of Pokémon.

Zirkle38
June 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
If they're incompatible, how could you get an unlimited amount of starters/legendaries?

Ninja Caterpie
June 22nd, 2010, 12:33 AM
Trading with a different game. :D

Ravecat
June 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
If they're incompatible, how could you get an unlimited amount of starters/legendaries?
i.e. having a main file, as well as a file you can use to get to the legendary, trade away to someone, and then restart without the usual worry of losing all of your other Pokémon.

Logiedan
June 22nd, 2010, 01:26 AM
Having two save files would be quite essential but if they were to add two it would mean they just gave you a 2 of the save version in 1 game. So this brings us back to Nintendo wanting more money making you buy another game. I wouldn't mind having two save files but i'm not sure what i'd be using it for. Also as Ravecat said,it defeats the purpose of Pokemon giving you less work to complete the game and pokedex yourself. Bottom line,I wouldn't mind having one or two save files.

Funfat.
June 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
What takes the fun out of trading if you can't trade with 1 system?;
I would want to beat the game over again without losing my old pokemon :)
what if I had to share 1 game with a friend
...........................................................................................................

Migueliscool
June 22nd, 2010, 09:16 AM
What takes the fun out of trading if you can't trade with 1 system?;
I would want to beat the game over again without losing my old pokemon :)
what if I had to share 1 game with a friend
...........................................................................................................
Yea you guys could share the game. But think of it this way. You could never play at the same time so you could race. You could never battle or trade either :(