PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Do you think The name 'Black and White, is Racist?

Tribal Ebony
May 31st, 2010, 12:00 AM
Personally, i think it isnt. Put it this way, if somebody says "Ha Ha BLACK AND WHITE!". These rumours have been going round lately and i want you guys to give me your opinion.

Horizon
May 31st, 2010, 12:12 AM
For crying out loud.

How is it racist? How in any concievable or possible way is it racist? I've said this before, in no way or anywhere does the company say that they are referring to skin colour and/or races with these games. Just because a product has the word "Black" in it's name, doesn't mean the company is trying to cause a racial divide.

Bloody hell, stop being so sensitive, people.

Ronin
May 31st, 2010, 12:18 AM
Colour or lack of colour is not a race (black being a lack of visible light, physics baby). Each game cart is not a race.

In other words wtf are you on about? In fact never mind the "about", wtf are you on?

loliwin
May 31st, 2010, 12:23 AM
first happy reply
Well, I dont think its racist. Ive got a good mind ye know? XD

Brendonwii
May 31st, 2010, 12:27 AM
Hmmm i can ramble on and start swearing but here it is.
ITS NOT RACIST! PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP ITS A COLOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GAHHHHH!

Penutz
May 31st, 2010, 12:28 AM
I work at a game shop part time. I will find it awkward if a black guy walked in and bought Pokemon Black, then later a white guy brought pokemon white. But truely black is a color, and also a race. Black people cant run around saying nothing can be called black but them.

Jack
May 31st, 2010, 12:34 AM
Black is generally a color, rofl. White is generally a color.

Angelroid
May 31st, 2010, 12:41 AM
It's not racist for the 1,0000 time.

Ninja Caterpie
May 31st, 2010, 12:44 AM
They're just two bloody shades. There is NOTHING, abso-freakin'-lutely NOTHING racist about them, they're just two shades. I think you might want to learn what racism is before asking a question like this. Here, I'll help you:

rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm]
–noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I don't see anything to do with saying black or white, do you? The fact that you could think of such a thing from two freakin' colours means that, well, you're pretty racist-minded.

Ravecat
May 31st, 2010, 12:46 AM
That's sorted then.

No, it's not racist.

Yes, they are colours.

The closest thing to racism involved is the people who keep saying it's racist.

Horizon
May 31st, 2010, 12:46 AM
People are too sensitive, plus you cannot say or do anything in the modern day without fear of offending somebody.

Bluerang1
May 31st, 2010, 12:50 AM
It's only racist because stupid idiots in the past decided to call these dark skinned people "Black" and themselves "White". When neither is true most of the time. It's like Chocolate and Peach...

Personally, no, I don't thin the game names are Racist, plain though :P

loliwin
May 31st, 2010, 12:51 AM
really, I dont think there is a point is this thread since everyone is gotta hate
I think most sensible and mature people will think its a colour. XD

empty streets
May 31st, 2010, 01:07 AM
HAHA. Khm.. Actually I never thought of the new gen name THIS way. Sounds silly.

Eldrei
May 31st, 2010, 01:13 AM
I don't think so. Only a racist's corrupt mind would think that this is racist.

vibratingcat
May 31st, 2010, 01:23 AM
People are too sensitive, plus you cannot say or do anything in the modern day without fear of offending somebody.
haha unless ur living in australia. everybody makes racist jokes and no one cares.
the relationship between black and white and skin colour isnt considered in japan. im sure the poke co dont think like that either. i can think of a thousand things that r black and white b4 i come to skin colour.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
May 31st, 2010, 01:35 AM

Agreed. It's not racist. I dunno if they've given the black/white reason in interviews anywhere (I'm waay behind on rumours/facts for these games XD) but to me it refers to Ying and Yang.

Ben.
May 31st, 2010, 01:40 AM
ohh mi gosshsh wi r pukamn so rasitct noa adayz????/////?question mark???!!eleven!!111!!one!.
We all agree it's not racist, this might aswell me lock.
All we're doing is repeating each other.

billi1000
May 31st, 2010, 01:45 AM
Oh freakin come on, are you even asking this question seriously? People thinking this is racist must be pshycos that have nothing to do in life but search for the slightest offense for their race, even if it is completely irrelevant.

Charmageddon
May 31st, 2010, 01:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Lizzy-kun/headdesk2.gif

It's not racist! Get over it!

curiousnathan
May 31st, 2010, 01:54 AM
Excuse me? What makes you think that the names 'Black' and 'White' are pointing to people with darker skin or are lighter in skin complexion? Meh, I don't wanna start a flamefest. So I am going to keep it simple. I do not believe that the names of the new generation, is not racists, unless you are very sensitive and take offence to little things.

SinisterEternity
May 31st, 2010, 02:02 AM
This is not racist, like, not at all.
Because in the first place, we shouldn't call someone by the "skintone" they have. We shouldn't say : "Hey look, a Black person" or "Hey, look, a White person". We're all humans now, aren't we ? *sigh*

Black for Dark
White for Light

This is all I have to say.

shengar
May 31st, 2010, 02:16 AM
What makes you think the name is racist? why people really sensitive to bad thing? it is actually the reverse of it, because both version is equal. Neither have exclusivity against the other. Stop this, for our sake or the version might be changed.

SolarAbusoru
May 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
no, i don't, and anyone that mentions it possibly being racist is racist themselves for thinking of it.

beca
May 31st, 2010, 03:52 AM
Nah...I mean, the same thing could be argued about "red" and "yellow"; I highly doubt that the intention was to cause a mass amount of racial debates xD
In the end, they're just colours. No need to link them to anything else.

Kai Yamato
May 31st, 2010, 04:19 AM
It'd be racist if it was titled Blacks and Whites.

Alakazam17
May 31st, 2010, 04:19 AM
Agreed. It's not racist. I dunno if they've given the black/white reason in interviews anywhere (I'm waay behind on rumours/facts for these games XD) but to me it refers to Ying and Yang. This, exactly. When I heard the names of the games for the games, these were my initial thoughts, in order:

1) "Hmm, not very original names."
2) "They must be referring to Yin and Yang."
3) "The American versions will have different names regardless." >_>

I don't think they're racist, but I knew from the start that a small group of people would think that, the original poster here included.

beca
May 31st, 2010, 04:20 AM
"They must be referring to Yin and Yang."

Probably. Or they're just running out of ideas :P

bobandbill
May 31st, 2010, 04:25 AM
This, exactly. When I heard the names of the games for the games, these were my initial thoughts, in order:

1) "Hmm, not very original names."
2) "They must be referring to Yin and Yang."
3) "The American versions will have different names regardless." >_>

I don't think they're racist, but I knew from the start that a small group of people would think that, the original poster here included.Note that Black and White shall be the names of the English versions apparently (so says the us site anyways). Probably because the names aren't racist as everyone said. -_-

Went
May 31st, 2010, 04:27 AM
They are just colours.

Plus I can't see any kind of intelligent discussions coming from here.