PDA

View Full Version : E3 2010 - Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

T3h Kaiser
June 1st, 2010, 08:34 AM
So, the Electronic Entertainment Expo - E3, as it's better known - is in just a little over two weeks. Are you hyped yet?

What are you looking forward to seeing? What surprises do you hope to see?

Me, I'm just pumped because I'll be there in attendance. It's my first year going and I really think it'll be great, hopefully present some new opportunities for me or be the start of a career kind of thing. Buildin' my street cred!

But aside from that, I'm hoping we'll finally get to see Pikmin 3 or a new Kid Icarus. Maybe, just maybe, Mega Man Legends 3? Naw, Capcom's a whole different kind of beast now... that'll never happen.

Also curious to see what Atlus brings to the show. And of course, my first priorities will be to try out the Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and Legend of Zelda Wii demos.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
Isn't the new 3DS being shown at E3? That's what I'm most excited for. :D

Okami Chi
June 1st, 2010, 08:45 AM
I wonder what Nintendo has set up for us? Black and White, but what else. It's an open ball field for them. (PIKMAN 3 PIKMAN 3!!!)

Åzurε
June 1st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Aside from 3DS and BW, I'd like to see if Capcom has any plans to release Megaman Battle Network: Operation Star Force in the US. Do want!

Alinthea
June 1st, 2010, 08:56 AM
This is the only event I will stay up late and watch from start to finish!

Hope they will actually be on time with the live feeds this year =P

Barney.
June 1st, 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm hoping to see more from Metal Gear Solid: Rising, definitely.
Bit more info on Dead Space 2.

But I'm really looking forward to what Nintendo bring to the table.
Last year was absolutely brilliant, what with NSBWii, SMG2, S&P2 etc.
Here's hoping for a confirmed European release for Xenoblade (Monado: The Beginning of the World). A Nintendo published RPG? Yes please. If you've never heard of it, check out the trailers etc.

Jolene
June 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
I think E3 is where they said the new Wii Zelda game is going to be shown so I am looking forward to that.

How can I watch E3 is it on the TV?

Alinthea
June 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM

Not unless there is some random channel giving coverage this year.

It will all be online; you should be able to watch it on the E3 website.

A Pixy
June 1st, 2010, 03:59 PM
Nintendo is just going to devour the whole expo.

Everyone else will be inevitably and obviously overshadowed.

Arcanine
June 1st, 2010, 04:09 PM
I want to see the 3DS, not that I care about Nintendo anymore. But still I'm always trying to see what everyone has (and you never know... it might get me back into playing Nintendo stuff XD). I'm also looking forward to the new 360 they got planned. I've always liked E3 and TGS, so I can't wait to see all the stuff on all of the new games and such.

Alinthea
June 2nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Nintendo is just going to devour the whole expo.

Everyone else will be inevitably and obviously overshadowed.

A part of me hopes they do, since last years was so boring and pointless for me.

Then again, I don't think they will steal the show, but you never know.

Nuke
June 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM
Not the big thing anyone else will be looking for but forget natal, this new DS etc., I honestly am most looking forward to hopefully a lot more information on the formula one game.

Bet they'll be some more info on Black Ops too.

Pikachu™
June 2nd, 2010, 05:54 AM
Valve throwing away the CS:S beta and instead showing off episode 3.

Barney.
June 2nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
Sony and Microsoft probably think that it's gona be their show, due to move and natal..But then Nintendo are just going to swoop in and steal the show with the new Zelda. Should be a great show.

ryushin5
June 2nd, 2010, 06:25 AM

If you have the G4 channel you can watch it on there, they cover E3 every year.

Morkula
June 2nd, 2010, 08:08 PM
I'm always excited for E3 every year, and even though I'm trying to keep it down because they've disappointed me almost every year lately, I can't help but be most excited for Nintendo's conference. 3DS + Zelda Wii + hopefully a few surprises...should be a good conference. I'm excited to see more of Move from Sony too. Natal...not so much. But there will inevitably be some awesome game footage and announcements that will pique my interest.

TRIFORCE89
June 3rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
New Zelda info. On my birthday. Woohoo! Its a weekday. Still doing group chat guys?

From Nintendo I'd like to see lesser franchises get some love. Star Fox, Kirby, F-Zero, Pikmin.

From Microsoft...I dunno.

GatchamanPhoenix
June 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
I'm really excited about Nintendo's press conference. Any new Zelda Wii footage, seeing it playable at E3, Pokemon Black and White, Pikmin 3, and the 3DS. Also, other games that'll be announced as well.

Alinthea
June 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
I would love to hear more about 'The Last Guardian'. I can't wait for that game.

Team Ico are just epic!

KingCharizard
June 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'll be there... Got tickets going cause I worked on some AI for a RTS their showing

Agent Clank
June 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hoping to Find out more Info on Batman Arkham Asylum 2,StarWars The Force Unleashed 2 and Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions.
and Pokemon Black & White.
Those are The games I want to learn Info about.

Jolene
June 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I am looking forward to the 3DS also.

On IGN, it said that the 3DS "has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

I hope there is a sequel to Style Savvy because in the original the clothes all looked really nice but they were quite pixely. Hopefully if there is a sequel on the 3DS it won't be so pixely.

Banjora Marxvile
June 5th, 2010, 06:34 AM
I'm wishing (probably gonna be wrong) for some mention of F.3.A.R. as it looks awesome from the 2 trailers, so I am wanting to see in-game footage. (Co-op in a F.E.A.R. game may ruin the horror a bit, but meh)

Amaruuk
June 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Zelda Wii is top priority, since I already rolled-over the $5 from when I pre-ordered HeartGold to it, and have been awaiting (like most fans) another big console Zelda title. Plus, what little has been said about it has me thinking it's gonna be awesome.

Can't think of what else there is but I think this'll be a good year. :3

A Pixy
June 5th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Oh yeah, the 3DS, I'm looking forward to that. (b")b

A part of me hopes they do, since last years was so boring and pointless for me.

Then again, I don't think they will steal the show, but you never know.

Oh gawd, last year's was horrible. Reggie deserves to be killed in the most brutal was possible.

Fox♠
June 5th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Nintendo better not have that really really boring lady again talking about Wii Fit re-release, Wii sports minor expansion and NSB port.

I'm not so fussed about MGS: Rising, I remember feeling so raped when M$ were like "SOLID SNAKE IS COMING TO 360!!!" then Kojima came out and trolled them with "i did not say anything about sorrid snake" and i was like "this is why i would turn gay for you :)"

Jolene
June 5th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Oh gawd, last year's was horrible. Reggie deserves to be killed in the most brutal was possible.

What was wrong with last year? I read about it in the Nintendo magazine and it seemed okay - there was Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii and Endless Ocean 2, and probably some other things also that I forgot.

A Pixy
June 5th, 2010, 08:33 AM
What was wrong with last year? I read about it in the Nintendo magazine and it seemed okay - there was Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii and Endless Ocean 2, and probably some other things also that I forgot.

Reggie wouldn't stop flapping his gums.

The games they were showing were cool, but the presenter just totally failed.

Eпvy
June 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM
So, the Electronic Entertainment Expo - E3, as it's better known - is in just a little over two weeks. Are you hyped yet?

Hyped? Not too much. The only company I'll pay much attention to is Nintendo (since the only other console I own is a PS2. lol), and lets see here I can't think of them surprising me too much.

Zelda Wii should be awesome, so that'll be exciting. But beyond that there isn't anything left on the Wii for me. So I'm hoping that Zelda Wii is the most awesomest thing ever.

And then there's the 3DS, which might be the thing I'm most excited for. I want to see the next Animal Crossing installment (which will very likely be on the 3DS) so I can see whether Nintendo has 'given up' on improving the series like I think they have or not.

And of course there better be some more Golden Sun DS information, as well!

Can't say there's anything else, though. All of the franchises I love...or loved...have already been exhausted on the Wii.

Me, I'm just pumped because I'll be there in attendance. It's my first year going and I really think it'll be great, hopefully present some new opportunities for me or be the start of a career kind of thing. Buildin' my street cred!

Have fun!

Eternal Nightmare
June 5th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I so envy you dude ;^; I so wanna go.

Anyway yes I'm hype for this year. So many games and projects so I will specufy below

The company I always hyped for is Nintendo of course. I so ready for more news on the 3DS. Game wises I will be pumped for anyting they have to offer. But of course mainly Metroid: Other M, Zelda Wii, Golden Sun DS, Pokemon Black and White, and hopefully some Pikmin 3 :D.

Sony I'm not as hyped for them this year as I hope :/.

Microsoft...ok I hate the 360 with a passion but Project Natal looks promising as well as a new Fable. Almost make me want to buy a 360...not really xD

Other companies...Sega is one I'm pumped for maily for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Colors :3, yes I'm a Sonic fanboy so sue me xD. Capcom for Marvel vs Capcom 3 mostly :]. Konami...new Castlevania and Metal Gear Solid, oh god yes. Natsume for the new Harvest Moon coming to the DS :D. Square Enix for Final Fantasy XIV and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. Lastly SNK just for their new King of Fighters.

Seriously, I hope Namco reveal a new Naruto: Clash of Ninja for the Wii and Ubisoft finally puts Rayman back on a grand adventure without Rabbids involved :/.

institutions
June 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Looking forward to anything that has to do with the superior console, the Xbox 360. :D
Just kidding (but not really), don't scream fanboy insults at me about why you think your console is better :P

Really want some more Fallout: New Vegas info, hopefully a gameplay demo like Fallout 3 had.

Also, Rock Band 3's Keyboard/tar controller. Can't wait to see that.

Natal...Meh. Microsoft resorts to jumping on the bandwagon. Not really into the motion control stuff. I can see them saying "Alright guys, we may be a little late in this department...but ours is better :D"
And then I facepalm.

Not happy how Fable 3 is action-adventure instead of RPG. Fable 1 was a great RPG. Fable 2 was meh, more adventure than RPG. Now Fable 3 isn't even trying to pretend it's an RPG.

Fox♠
June 5th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I'd be happy with new details on MGS peace walker, but since it's out this month anyway I highly doubt we'll see anything on it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sx4k1aa07Ng&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sx4k1aa07Ng&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the trailer from the last E3, which I still think was the strongest element of Sony's presentation.
It's a PSP game btw.

In fact I'd be really happy if there was ANY good stuff for PSP again this year.

Razer302
June 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Hasn't been anything good on PS3 for me personally since the last monster hunter came out. Haven't touched my PSP in over a year. It has slowly gotten worse and worse with the quality of games.

I Don't really have anything to look forward to at E3. I just don't want loads of wii fit talk again. That was annoying last year.

I will still watch the Sony live stream though. Doubt I ill see anything of to much interest.

Yoshimi
June 5th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I've decided never to trust Nintendo at E3. Almost all of their good games are named Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon, and that's the only thing I've grown to expect from them.

I'm definitely more excited to see what Sony does, since their Wii HD looks really interesting, but I swear to god they better have Kevin Butler.
So far, Sony was the only company to continually draw my attention because they actually care about making completely new games that aren't First or Third person shooters.

loliwin
June 5th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Im really looking forward to LBP2 and Killzone 3. Just imagine the craploads of programming LBP2 needs.

lx_theo
June 5th, 2010, 05:07 PM
The Paper Mario series is easily one of my favorites of all time (Paper Mario, Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Dorr, Not Super Paper Mario). Does anyone else hope that something will be shown for a new one (with a return to the first two games' battle style)?

Nuke
June 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Not much happened so far by the sounds of it but Rare and Respawn have promised 'big announcements'.

Eurydice
June 8th, 2010, 03:36 PM
i cant wait to see stuff for the new zelda game.

Zet
June 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
I can't wait for information about Saints Row 3.

With the cancellation of Portal 2, I wonder what the surprise is going to be.

Morkula
June 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I can't wait for information about Saints Row 3.

With the cancellation of Portal 2, I wonder what the surprise is going to be.
I think they're still showing Portal 2 at E3, they're just not doing a full conference dedicated to it like they'd planned.

vibratingcat
June 8th, 2010, 11:28 PM
i am really looking forward to e3. i'm hoping for more info on castlevania lords of shadows, versus XIII, 3DS and MvC 3. particularly the 3ds as i've been waiting for the next gen handheld for a long time, seeing as the ds is one of my favourite consoles.
although its unlikely, i would like to see pikmin 3 and kirby wii too.

Zet
June 9th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I think they're still showing Portal 2 at E3, they're just not doing a full conference dedicated to it like they'd planned.

Maybe, but reading an article over at neowin saying that the conference will be Portal 2 themed and that Portal 2 will be released in 2011 now :(

Droidz
June 10th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Mostly looking forward to the 3DS and Pokemon B,W. I hope they talk about CoD: Black Ops too.

Alinthea
June 11th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Haha. It is set from the Tuesday to the Thursday, right?

I am calling in sick on the Wednesday. No way in hell am I working through that.

Jesh
June 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I want Rare to have a Conkers Bad Fur Day sequel. Yes.

Also Golden Sun andandand

THE BIG THING

BIGGEST THING

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/09/kingdom-hearts-re-coded-for-ds-revealed-in-square-enix-e3-lineup/

yeah and anything from Square Enix, FF7 remake plzkthx.

Droidz
June 11th, 2010, 03:42 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/09/kingdom-hearts-re-coded-for-ds-revealed-in-square-enix-e3-lineup/

Hey I didn't know that was going to be in E3, thats awesome xD

June 11th, 2010, 03:43 AM
I want Rare to have a Conkers Bad Fur Day sequel. Yes.

Also Golden Sun andandand

THE BIG THING

BIGGEST THING

yeah and anything from Square Enix, FF7 remake plzkthx.

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE A SEQUEL TO CONKER'S BAD FUR DAY AND A RE-MAKE OF FFVII. Although the original is fine, but still, omg it would look amazing with updated graphics ;__;

Excuse me whilst I skadfjsdfjkgldhgfh over the KH link. :33333

TheUltimateSacrifice
June 11th, 2010, 04:53 AM

But aside from that, I'm hoping we'll finally get to see Pikmin 3 or a new Kid Icarus. Maybe, just maybe, Mega Man Legends 3? Naw, Capcom's a whole different kind of beast now... that'll never happen.

Also curious to see what Atlus brings to the show. And of course, my first priorities will be to try out the Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and Legend of Zelda Wii demos.

http://mmoredrama.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/super-cool-story-bro.png?w=300&h=281

Shogun 2: Total War is the only game I am interested in seeing.

Morkula
June 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Here's the schedule of conferences for all those wondering. All times are Eastern Time.

Sunday, June 13
10:00 PM Microsoft Natal Event (not airing live)

Monday, June 14
1:00 PM Microsoft
5:00 PM Electronic Arts
8:00 PM Ubisoft

Tuesday, June 15
12:00 PM Nintendo
2:30 PM Sony

Wednesday, June 16
4:00 PM Konami

If you want to catch the Natal event, it's airing Tuesday at 3:30 PM on MTV (though that conflicts with Sony's conference) and at 9:00 PM on Nickelodeon as well as a couple other stations.

Barney.
June 13th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I'm really hoping that the rumors aren't true..They better not announce MGS Rising as a 360 exclusive..If they do I am literally going to have to buy a 360...Bad times.

June 13th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Tuesday, June 15
2:30 PM Sony

Sounds like Tuesday is my day! I can't wait for the Ninty and Sony conferences :3 Let's see, Eastern time is 5 hours behind GMT, soo...I need to be up fresh and early at 7am to catch the Nintendo conference. Awesome. *checks back through the topic to see if there are any websites hosting the conferences live*

ETA: AND OF COURSE I MEAN 5.00PM, NOT 7.00AM. ONLY SOMEBODY WITH NO MATHEMATICAL SKILLS WHATSOEVER COULD MAKE SUCH A FOOLISH MISTAKE.

-.-

Fox♠
June 13th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I'm really hoping that the rumors aren't true..They better not announce MGS Rising as a 360 exclusive..If they do I am literally going to have to buy a 360...Bad times.

It was already announced as P{S3 and PC too last year, Kojima even talked about it to Offical Playstation Magazine, not that it matters, it's just a non canon spin off.

Barney.
June 13th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Oh, I know it was announced and stuff last year. But there has been the odd piece of evidence and rumor. Just a thought.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded. I love the Kingdom Hearts series and can't wait to get my hands on Birth by Sleep in September. I need to survive a month of school before I can play though

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 05:31 AM
So, E3 descents onto us in over 3 hours. I can't wait =D

Barney.
June 14th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Personally I prefer for the event to end. And then I catch up with it all after. And god, I hope that the Nintendo Channel upload a montage of the main trailers like last year. That thing got me so hyped for the games it was unbelievable! Watched it loads aswell..Sin and Punishment 2, Monado, SMG2 and NSMB..God I was speechless!

Morkula
June 14th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I think Klippy wanted this stickied, but since he's not around I'll do it.

SLIGHTLY AMENDED SCHEDULE!

Monday, June 14
1:30 PM Microsoft
5:00 PM Electronic Arts
8:00 PM Ubisoft

Tuesday, June 15
3:00 PM Sony

Wednesday, June 16
4:00 PM Konami

Fox♠
June 14th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Looking most forward to Konami.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I am looking forward to M$, Sony and Konami. Nintendo would be interesting to see.

Alex_
June 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Where can I watch these live? Last year I could watch them on G4, but they don't start their coverage until 3. :/

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM
This is where I am watching it.
STARTING NOW:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events/e3/briefing.html

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 09:36 AM

If you guys want to see E3, it's on every year on G4TV, channel 340 on Cox Cable.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I figured I should put this up.

So anyways, I'm praying for Pikmin 3, just so I can break out my Wii(:
And maybe a new expansion it World of Warcraft...
Nah, Blizzard wouldn't do that Dx

Edit:

I looked at my avatar and remember something...
PORTAL 2!
There has to be some coverage on it!

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Kinect is going to be Eyetoy again I can see it now, they even have the Eyepet rip-off all lined up. Shame.

Just watching the stream that Fabio linked and the guy playing CoD shot like mad at his teammate who dropped down through a hole thing, don't think he should be playing.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Watching it on the link Fabio posted.
Video is very laggy D:

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Video is fine for me and Morkula. Your internet might be a bit slow!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Rising looks amazing.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Video is fine for me and Morkula. Your internet might be a bit slow!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Rising looks amazing.

Yeah, I'm running off a horrible internet connection...
To the desktop!

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 09:54 AM
They are demoing Gears of War 3.
Doesn't interest me at all ><'

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Rising looked good but they needed to stop buzzing about the cutting.

Gears is boring me. :l

EDIT: Oh god, here is Molyneux.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 09:58 AM
FableIII looks beast.
Let's see the new partner shall we :D

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:03 AM
You can change the looks of the guns and make slight changes to the layout but at heart its still Halo 3.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
*Halo yawn*
Doesn't interest me at all, either! XD

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM
You can change the looks of the guns and make slight changes to the layout but at heart its still Halo 3.

But you have to think of all the new features.
Sure the layout is the same as Halo 3, but the features is what makes it hawt.

Eternal Nightmare
June 14th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Yes Fable 3 is awesome but still not enough to make me want a 360.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:12 AM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU STUPID JUSTIN BEEVER!
M$ have now lost all my respect.

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:15 AM
But you have to think of all the new features.
Sure the layout is the same as Halo 3, but the features is what makes it hawt.

It really doesn't seem different enough.

Not too excited for Reach

Nothin' on you recovered it.

Kinect looks alright after all but it will probably have loads of problems on release.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:15 AM

FUUUUU D:

Woo! Easy gamerscore references!

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Damn them and their England match references.

Still happy about this, I hope we can have some major leagues for the football, I get little chance to see football as my parents refuse to get sky.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Stopped watching.
Stupid ESPN idiots.

Brb while I rage.

[/RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE]

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Damn them and their England match references.

Still happy about this, I hope we can have some major leagues for the football, I get little chance to see football as my parents refuse to get sky.

Sorry, when they said that, I was yelling for a commercial break xD
But I don't want America to win, so I'm not hating.

Anyways, ESPN feature seams pretty nice.

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Please show your premier league games for free on 360, please.

I bet this guy thinks he looks cool.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Cause we all want to wave our hands in midair to play with a virtual animal.
I wouldn't find entrainment out of this if I was a toddler.

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:31 AM
They couldn't be ripping off the wii more if they tried.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM

LOL!
It is funny because it is true! :3

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Don't forget that they're ripping of the DS, so Nintendo in general.

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I also hope these aren't full price titles because most of them use avatars. I mean indie games can use avatars.

I hope we see some non-avatar kinect titles too.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Please...someone...kill those girls! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I also hope these aren't full price titles because most of them use avatars. I mean indie games can use avatars.

I hope we see some non-avatar kinect titles too.

I wouldn't mind Tekken or something on the kinect.
The Kinect Sports was a full rip off of Wii Sports.

Oh look! Wii Fit! Ehem... I mean Kinect Fit!
And it notices if you take clothes off aye?
I could mess with people on live with that feature xD

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't mind Tekken or something on the kinect.
The Kinect Sports was a full rip off of Wii Sports.

That is what prompted me to post the rip-off post. Its so obvious.

Forget I asked for non-avatar games, this is bad aswell and just a slight hint of wii fit rip off here?

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else thing it should be called the 'Kinect conference'?

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:45 AM

Well it is a "big step forward" into the new generation of Xbox!
Syke -.- But they spent more time on this junk then they did on Black Ops and Reach!

Nuke
June 14th, 2010, 10:46 AM

Yes.

I find it funny they said all the games are 360 exclusives and since then its pretty much been all kinetic.

Well they're bound to show a good game with kinetic soon but I put the world cup first so this is were I leave.

God that fitness one went on long. Dance one coming on now doesn't look bad.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Okay, Dance Central, only good update to the kinect.
Still rather have a DDR update actually.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Yes.

I find it funny they said all the games are 360 exclusives and since then its pretty much been all kinetic.

When they said it is exclusive games for 360, I was expecting AAA titles. Not dancing and Wii rip-offs.

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 10:56 AM
The star wars thing is the only thing thats looked interesting so far, but that's my opinion.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM
The star wars thing is the only thing thats looked interesting so far, but that's my opinion.

I could see that game getting old, quickly.

Great, a car game. Why the hell would you want to walk around a car and check it out?

NEW X-BOX!
For the same price as a normal X-box.
Being shipped today!
Build in wifi.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM

When I saw it, I yell "I like where this is going!"
Then I realized how horrible the game play is.

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 10:59 AM
When I saw it, I yell "I like where this is going!"
Then I realized how horrible the game play is.

Its a hit or miss type thing I'd imagine

parallelzero
June 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Well that... was an absolutely abhorred conference. Way to come nowhere near my expectations Microsoft.

"Thanks for sitting in on our crappy conference. Here's a free 360 to make up for it!"

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Horrible horrible HORRIBLE conference.

Well, won't take a lot for Nintendo and Sony to beat that.

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Nintendo would beat that for me if all they did was announce a new Paper Mario game. Sony could probably just do what they do every year and trump it.

As for this conference I missed a bit of it. There was a new 360 model that basically adds a few of the things the PS3 has had over it for I don't know how long, some boring Kinect games, and what else?

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 11:09 AM
NEW X-BOX!
For the same price as a normal X-box.
Being shipped today!
Build in wifi.

Excuse my language, but I jizzed <3
I'll get it in a heartbea...
Wait a minute! D:
I dont have Live on my current 360, so I cant do the recover Game Profile thing.
CURSE YOU XBOX! )x

parallelzero
June 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Somewhere along the line Microsoft forgot the 360 is a gaming console first and foremost.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Somewhere along the line Microsoft forgot the 360 is a gaming console first and foremost.

They have Wii-itus.
That really was such a fail conference.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Can't say it was to fail.
I mean the highlights are:

CoD Black Ops
Fable III
New Xbox

Everything else was junk.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 11:21 AM

CoD Black Ops
Fable III
New Xbox

From a WHOLE conference?
That is pretty poor in all fairness.

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 11:22 AM

CoD Black Ops
Fable III
New Xbox

3 things qualifying as good or better often gets seen as a pretty bad showing.

Alex_
June 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I don't think it was as bad as you guys are making it out to be, but it was really underwhelming. Last years was so much better imo. As far as Kinect goes, I don't really care about it. I know if I bought it I'd play with it a week and then it'd be put away never to be touched again. Seems like MS is pulling a Nintendo and leaving the hardcore gamers out to dry.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Can someone IM me on Windows Live when EA Conference comes on? Even though it won't be worth watching.
I mean really, what can we get out of it? Previews on new sport games and more Kinect junk?

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Can someone IM me on Windows Live when EA Conference comes on? Even though it won't be worth watching.
I mean really, what can we get out of it? Previews on new sport games and more Kinect junk?

It starts in 21 minutes exactly.
So just get the conference website ready.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Found the site.
Need For Speed, doesn't look to good so far.

Morkula
June 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I have to say, as sad as it sounds, EA had a much better conference than Microsoft. Microsoft showed off Wii minigame shovelware crap (now in HD!) for 75% of the conference, while EA had a fairly solid lineup of games that had something for pretty much everyone. MS was horrid...where was Rock Band 3? Fallout New Vegas? Arkham Asylum 2? The Force Unleashed 2? Or even some Kinect games that aren't minigames or Wii clones?

Ubisoft kicks off in just under half an hour. Looking forward to seeing some Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood footage especially. I'm sure we'll get bombarded with Kinect crap through the whole conference, but I hope that Ubi has some good stuff to show.

Cherrim
June 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Hope I can stay awake for the start of Ubi's let alone the duration of it. @_@ I'm really excited to learn more about Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood... if only to actually instill some hype in me for it because I'm on the fence about it still. (I love the franchise but I'm not sure how they're gonna bring multiplayer in. D: Hopefully there'll be gameplay footage tonight.)

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I have to say, as sad as it sounds, EA had a much better conference than Microsoft. Microsoft showed off Wii minigame shovelware crap (now in HD!) for 75% of the conference, while EA had a fairly solid lineup of games that had something for pretty much everyone. MS was horrid...where was Rock Band 3? Fallout New Vegas? Arkham Asylum 2? The Force Unleashed 2? Or even some Kinect games that aren't minigames or Wii clones?

Ubisoft kicks off in just under half an hour. Looking forward to seeing some Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood footage especially. I'm sure we'll get bombarded with Kinect crap through the whole conference, but I hope that Ubi has some good stuff to show.

Since Rockband3, New Vegas, and Arkham are multi platformers, they weren't showed at Microsoft's Conference.
Not to sure why The Force Unleashed 2 wasn't shown.
But if you remember, EA's conference didn't have any Kinect crap, so I doubt Ubisoft's will.

institutions
June 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm visiting 2 forums at once talking about all this E3 stuff, so i'll just copy the post I made over there.

I'm a little late, but I can't watch G4 in my room and the live feed wasn't working for me so I couldn't comment whilst watching.
I only barely caught the EA one and missed Microsoft altogether, but from what I hear it was disappointing.

Super psyched for the new Medal of Honor. It looked amazing. Way better than COD (didn't see the Black OPs though.)

Crysis 2. Damn. Too bad my computer is complete ****.

Bulletstorm looked pretty fast paced and extremely fun. Loved the part where he pulled an enemy towards him, and then kicked the enemy in the electrical thing.

Madden...meh. Not a sports fan.

That EA Live thing (they showed it off with the MMA game, don't remember what it was called) sounded awesome. I'm not big into sports games, but thousands of people watching me fight some other dude sounds pretty cool.

I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars, but that little trailer was pretty epic.

Didn't see Dead Space 2, but they showed a little as the G4 guys were going over it and it looked fine. Never played the first one.

I'm currently waiting for the Ubisoft stream on Gamespot. Really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Haven't heard what other games are being showed, but I like surprises http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/smilies/smiley.gif

Didn't want to re-type all my thoughts :P
Let's all wait for Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed! :D
12 minutes!

EDIT: Sorry about the swearing. I forgot to proofread and censor myself for PC D:

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Since Rockband3, New Vegas, and Arkham are multi platformers, they weren't showed at Microsoft's Conference.
Not to sure why The Force Unleashed 2 wasn't shown.
But if you remember, EA's conference didn't have any Kinect crap, so I doubt Ubisoft's will.

Lol, that hasn't stopped them in the past. I remember past conferences for Microsoft that had them listing off their lineup of games with 90% of them being multi-platform. They just acted like they were exclusive.

As for Kinect stuff, EA did have that EA Sports Active 2 (I think thats what it was called) that used the Kinect thing for 360, and they spent a few minutes talking about.

Eternal Nightmare
June 14th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I hope I don't sound like a geek for this but I really hope they have some plans for a new Rayman WITHOUTH THE RABBIDS.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I don't want to see this stupid exercise video!
WTF were the stupid guns? ><'

Klippy
June 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I missed Microsoft's, but it doesn't look like I missed much. (And everyone says it sucked.)

I missed EA's, so I'll have to go back and check out that one.

I'm watching Ubisoft's now, but all that's really got me interested is Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Everything else was just stupid. I actually fell asleep during the exercise stuff. That's just silliness. But that Rayman: Origins actually looks like a cool side-scroller.

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I haven't gotten excited about anything I have seen today really. :/

I am hoping Nintendo and Sony will be better.

Night guys!

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Similar ideas of boredom drawn by the presentations today. Other than the new Assassin's Creed of course. It looks good, but no where near as expanding on the story as I had hoped for at the end on number 2. Still should be a fun game.

institutions
June 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Another copy-paste of what I just typed.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was what I was looking forward to from Ubi and I was not disappointed. 200% epicness there.

I don't like sports games, haven't played a skate one since Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, but the Shaun White game looked pretty fun. Not on my list of games to buy, but i'd rent it.

That shooting game was...uh...pass, thanks.

Wtf was that stress -------- game? Seems more like a crappy $2.99 app for an iPhone, not a full game.

Rayman Raving Rabbids. Why do they even have the Rayman name on these games? It interests me to hear Rayman, but to follow it up with those damn Rabbids makes me want to shoot someone. I hate those little things.

Driver San Fransisco looks pretty fun. I'd like to see some multiplayer first though, just to see if it's as weird as they say.

The 3 projects at the end...
The first one...nah.
Second one - i'll have to see more first, but it seemed decent enough. all i want is to create my own map for an fps http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/smilies/smiley.gif
Third (Rayman) - Woot! More Rayman! Haven't played as him since the N64!

GRAW Future Soldier - I've never played a GRAW game before, but now I might pick the first 2 up. This game looks so ------- cool.

I honestly can't remember if there were any more games shown, but if I can't remember them they probably weren't too great anyway.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that MJ dancing thing at the end. I found it incredibly lame. ***** out dead people some more, why don't you. Maybe next we'll have a Billy Mays game, where you use Kinetic to yell at the TV for commericals and it tells you if you're loud enough. Perhaps you can also get bonus points for doubling the offer, or adding something totally unrelated to the product if you call in the next 10 minutes. How can they tell if it's been less than 10 minutes if it comes on different channels most likely every 7?

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was definitely the high point (aha, get it?) of Ubisoft's presentation.
GRAW Future Soldier surprised me though. It looked great. I wasn't too big on the end though, with the field warfare stuff. The stealth was cool though.

Not TOO psyched for Nintendo's presentation, because I hate (and refuse to buy) the Wii and the only DS game I have is Pokemon. I'll DVR it though, because I have Drivers Ed tomorrow and I gotta drive till noon D:

Klippy
June 14th, 2010, 06:04 PM
I forgot to ask, does anyone have any clue what that Michael Jackson bit at the end of Ubisoft was for?

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I forgot to ask, does anyone have any clue what that Michael Jackson bit at the end of Ubisoft was for?

Not sure, but I found an article talking about the conference.
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265341/michael-jackson-game-headlines-ubisoft-conference
Near the end, it has notes on the events of that, and a guess by them that it might be a dancing game focused around Michael Jackson.

mew²
June 15th, 2010, 12:25 AM
What... What the hell is this D:
This is not something Ubisoft would do at all!
Sorry for the TMZ quote, I missed the Ubi Conference *sadface*

The game -- currently untitled -- will essentially be "dance karaoke" ... which means gamers will see Michael Jackson dancing on screen and will then be challenged to imitate his moves.

The game will be available on multiple platforms including Wii and Xbox 360. The Xbox version will incorporate Microsoft's new Kinect motion capture technology -- which will allow the gamer to play without holding a controller.

Also in the Xbox version, the gamer will be judged based on full body movements. The game will process the movements and display the gamer's avatar on screen ... dancing right next to MJ.

And there's more -- the game also includes a karaoke feature, in which gamers can sing MJ songs like "Billie Jean" ... and even mess around with their voice thanks to an autotune feature.

The game is being developed by Ubisoft -- the same people behind Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon -- and we're told Ubisoft properly secured permission from the MJ estate ... so it's all legit.

The game is scheduled to hit shelves sometime before Christmas.

Anyways, I'll probably watch the Ubi conference after Sony's stupid unlive broadcast.
My girl is coming at 1PM PST so I get to miss Sony! Woo! D;

Sneeze
June 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM
It's been pretty... terrible so far, in my opinion.

360 slim? Predictable. Didn't really need to wait until E3 to show it off. Can't say I like the somewhat angular look of it either but that's just down to personal taste.

Kinect is completely redundant, most of the games look pretty mediocre and well, that's what the Wii is for, 360 (and PS3) should stick to traditional games. Unless PS Move pulls something awesome later today I'll be saying the same. One major floor with kinect is that there's zero physical feedback, the Wii has very little but at least the Wiimote can pass for a gun, flailing your arms about like a dead fish cant.

EA where pretty bad, Dead Space 2 and The Old Republic look decent though but they saturate the market with sports which I don't much care for.

Ubisofts conference was almost cringe-enducingly bad at some points, most of the games where trying to play of fads and gimmicks with only a couple of interesting ones in there and where the hell was I Am Alive? -.-

So yeah, it's a little disappointing in my opinion, gimmicks and "fitness" games abound. E3's fate is in the hands of Sony and rather disturbingly, Nintendo.

mew²
June 15th, 2010, 12:58 AM
It's been pretty... terrible so far, in my opinion.

360 slim? Predictable. Didn't really need to wait until E3 to show it off. Can't say I like the somewhat angular look of it either but that's just down to personal taste.

Kinect is completely redundant, most of the games look pretty mediocre and well, that's what the Wii is for, 360 (and PS3) should stick to traditional games. Unless PS Move pulls something awesome later today I'll be saying the same. One major floor with kinect is that there's zero physical feedback, the Wii has very little but at least the Wiimote can pass for a gun, flailing your arms about like a dead fish cant.

EA where pretty bad, Dead Space 2 and The Old Republic look decent though but they saturate the market with sports which I don't much care for.

Ubisofts conference was almost cringe-enducingly bad at some points, most of the games where trying to play of fads and gimmicks with only a couple of interesting ones in there and where the hell was I Am Alive? -.-

So yeah, it's a little disappointing in my opinion, gimmicks and "fitness" games abound. E3's fate is in the hands of Sony and rather disturbingly, Nintendo.

You must have some high expectations.
I though Dead Space 2 looked amazing. More amazing then the first.
Crysis 2 is what caught my attention at the EA Conference.
Hopefully Ubisoft's conference isn't as bad as you put it.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 09:26 AM
So, the grand hour is over. I'm so pumped for Golden Sun. And GoldenEye. And the other games. And the 3DS which looks awesome despite the lack of release date/pricing. Nothing about Black and White in their main show, unfortunately.

Also, e3.nintendo.com isn't showing any video. wth?

D. Lawride
June 15th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I think they said they were "going to conclude by" some five times.

Searching through the web during the conference, I saw several comments everywhere saying that the E3 this year wasn't quite successful, especially on the Microsoft side (and the Nintendo side, if you will :p).

However, the trailers they showed looked pretty awesome! :D
Too bad for Miyamoto, though xD

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4703769312_052732929f_b.jpg

Now, I'm off to glue my eyes to the Zelda gameplay trailers that I couldn't watch because the stupid video was buffering.

June 15th, 2010, 09:44 AM
So, the grand hour is over. I'm so pumped for Golden Sun. And GoldenEye. And the other games. And the 3DS which looks awesome despite the lack of release date/pricing. Nothing about Black and White in their main show, unfortunately.

Also, e3.nintendo.com isn't showing any video. wth?

I'm really excited for the 3DS, but I'm disappointed they didn't show the console itself more. I know it would have been hard to communicate its 3D qualities on stage/via the stream, but they could at least have showed you around the console itself rather than a digital display. Still, I'M HYPED. Pre-ordering as soon as it's put up! Unless it's ridiculously expensive. I'm hoping for a £180 price estimate.

And yeah, I couldn't get e3.nintendo.com to work at all, so I used GameSpot. But then I missed the extra video footage, boo.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
No new Paper Mario... I could care less about the rest Nintendo showed. I'm sure their good games and all, but I'm just annoyed as one can be at the moment.

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Was better than M$'s.

Things I liked in it was the announcement or update about Golden Sun, and the Kirby game! Looks cute and fun!

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 15th, 2010, 10:16 AM
No new Paper Mario... I could care less about the rest Nintendo showed. I'm sure their good games and all, but I'm just annoyed as one can be at the moment.

Wasn't in the press conference, but…

http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/340x-20100616-041427.png

Akeraz
June 15th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Just saw the new trailer for the next Zelda game.
I totally can't wait for that game.
A reason to dust off my wii :D.

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Not a fan of paper Mario, but would be nice to see the 3D in action.

The Zelda game did look nice, if not a little glitchy with the controls. Stupid Wiimote.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 10:32 AM
"Is anybody using a wireless device?" Hehehe.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
I just saw the Zelda and the Kirby on Youtube. I think the Kirby looks really nice I want to make some textile Kirbys now.

I want to see Nintendogs and cats. Is there a trailer?

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Far as I know, they're uploading everything at e3.nintendo.com (http://e3.nintendo.com), which by the way did work for a few moments before they reset it to what it is now. I think I saw a Nintendogs video on there...

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Nintendogs uses the built-in camera and facial-recognition technology to enable puppies to react to your real-life movements, mimicking your head tilts and jumping up to lick you as you lean in.

Aaaaaaaa I want it now. Aaaaaaa.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM

Yes, thats great. Though it means I have to buy a 3DS now... which is a little annoying.

TheAppleFreak
June 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I'm getting more and more anxious about Metroid: Other M coming out. Just the fact that it's a new Metroid game is enough to go ASDFGHJKL about; the fact that it's coming out in a few weeks is ever more reason to do so.

The 3DS also looks nice (can't say the same about the color choices, though; those clash horribly), but I want to see its 3D before I make any judgment on it.

Shadow
June 15th, 2010, 11:04 AM

[img]http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/340x-20100616-041427.png[img]

Where did you find that? Yarglblblblbblblgbglgb.

Alinthea
This is what I have been waiting for!
COME ON SONY LETS GO! XD

Klippy
Donkey Kong Country, yes please.
Legend of Zelda, yes please.
Kirby, yes please.

Glad to see they're bringing out so many first-party games. I would've loved a new (instead of a port) Animal Crossing, but that'd be wishful thinking. ;)

Crystal-Heart
June 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I'm ecstatic. First we get the return of Donkey Kong Country, then they announce the epically awesome looking Kid Icarus Uprising! I will be getting a 3DS just for that game alone!

I'm a little iffy on the new Zelda, I don't care for the cel shaded look, even though I did love Wind Waker's play style, I was just hoping for a game more akin to Twilight Princess' realistic look.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I'm a little iffy on the new Zelda, I don't care for the cel shaded look, even though I did love Wind Waker's play style, I was just hoping for a game more akin to Twilight Princess' realistic look.

I think that colorful Zelda games are better because Zelda games are supposed to be for kids. I like how you can roll the bombs like a bowling ball I think I will be good at that because I am good at bowling.

Shadow
June 15th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hahahaha, now they're bragging about the PS2 still being popular. You wanna know why? Because you yanked the PS2 support from PS3 and people still want to play more than two games. Hahaha.

Hahaha.

Oh, and you can get the SonyMote--- I meant Sony Move in pink. Yes. That's so hardcore.

Crystal-Heart
June 15th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I think that colorful Zelda games are better because Zelda games are supposed to be for kids. I like how you can roll the bombs like a bowling ball I think I will be good at that because I am good at bowling.
Zelda games aren't suppose to be for kids..most are meant for everyone, except Twilight Princess, which is meant more teens and up.

I do like the bomb rolling too.

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Wow, Nintendo have just killed the Wii-mote with their version.
It actually does what you want it to do. Who would have thought! XD

Storm_has_formed
June 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
New Golden Sun... i think i can die happy now!

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I really really really wish Kevin Butler wasn't speaking on behalf of Sony

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hahahaha, now they're bragging about the PS2 still being popular. You wanna know why? Because you yanked the PS2 support from PS3 and people still want to play more than two games. Hahaha.

Hahaha.

Oh, and you can get the SonyMote--- I meant Sony Move in pink. Yes. That's so hardcore.

Yeah, that's not biased at all, considering the PS3 has over 20 top tier games based rating from high grade gaming websites.

EDIT: Portal 2 in Sony's!

mew²
June 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Oh, and you can get the SonyMote--- I meant Sony Move...

Totally stole my joke o;
Anyways, I slept in, so I get to watch every conference from today later tonight D:

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I do like a lot of those games.
Sony's has been the best for me so far.

Final Fantasy XIV actually looks decent!

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Sony usually has one lack trick to pull out announcement wise after their usual game montage. Hope they keep up that trend.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM

Hahaha.

Even if it's pink atleast it actually works, which is more than I, and apparantly Zelda Wii, can say about the Wiimote.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 12:47 PM
New Twisted Metal? Awesome! Even for a 2011 release.

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 12:58 PM
T-T-TWISTED METAL! HOM MY GOD!

I can not WAIT FOR THAT GAME! That has nearly topped everything for me.

Klippy
June 15th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Well, Sony is over and I really only enjoyed seeing Dead Space 2 and Portal 2. I don't actually have a PS3, so it didn't matter who showed that, since those two are multiplatform.

And I don't really remember much else from Sony. But I'd probably have been more enthused if I was an owner.

Also, just a reminder to everyone to keep this conversation on a level-headed and calm front. No arguing over consoles or whatever.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
New Twisted Metal? Awesome! Even for a 2011 release.

It looks so good. Also really looking forward to Valkyrie Chronicles 2, The 3rd birthday, Crysis 2, Medal of Honor, GT5, Killzone 3, SOCOM, Time Crisis, Castlevania, Dead Space 2, Assasia....fml so much to look forward to.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Even if it's pink atleast it actually works, which is more than I, and apparantly Zelda Wii, can say about the Wiimote.

It worked for all of the journalists who played the game afterward.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 01:32 PM
It worked for all of the journalists who played the game afterward.

Doesn't really matter, it just proved again how innacurate the wiimote is. Seeing as Sony Move worked 100% 1:1 consistantly and it's still not finished I'm gonna have to say sorry, but Sony's $50 add on has crushed Nintendos $200 console.

shinx95
June 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Has anyone else seen the images for Ocarina of Time for the 3DS? I'm speechless! Ocarina of Time was one of my favorite childhood games, so many memories with it ^_^ But why didn't Nintendo announce it during their conference!? I mean, people would of freaked out! This is awesome! ;D

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Doesn't really matter, it just proved again how innacurate the wiimote is. Seeing as Sony Move worked 100% 1:1 consistently and it's still not finished I'm gonna have to say sorry, but Sony's $50 add on has crushed Nintendos $200 console.

And it's a $50 add on to a 300 dollar system. :V Something tells me you don't own a Wii.

Here's a quote from Sony's conference: "It's about the games." A piece of hardware cannot crush anything.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 01:40 PM
And it's a $50 add on to a 300 dollar system. :V Something tells me you don't own a Wii.

Here's a quote from Sony's conference: "It's about the games." A piece of hardware cannot crush anything.

I own a Wii, I've maybe got 2 days good gaming out of it, compared to months of playtime clocked on my PS3. Nothing on the Wii is outstanding really. And like you said "it's about the games" and when I'm (and I am sure you are too) hard pressed to name 10 good wii games that aren't remakes/rehashes/rerelease/ports then i think thta sums it up.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Doesn't really matter, it just proved again how innacurate the wiimote is. Seeing as Sony Move worked 100% 1:1 consistantly and it's still not finished I'm gonna have to say sorry, but Sony's $50 add on has crushed Nintendos $200 console.

It was because of interference in the room, wasn't it? But that won't matter to you, of course, because you're a Playstation fan.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
I own a Wii, I've maybe got 2 days good gaming out of it, compared to months of playtime clocked on my PS3. Nothing on the Wii is outstanding really. And like you said "it's about the games" and when I'm (and I am sure you are too) hard pressed to name 10 good wii games that aren't remakes/rehashes/rerelease/ports then i think thta sums it up.

Outstanding is opinion, and why are remakes invalid? Are they less of a game than new titles? Especially if the originals came out like ten years ago or something.

Anyways, I'm done with that convo'.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
It was because of interference in the room, wasn't it? But that won't matter to you, of course, because you're a Playstation fan.

He also owns a Wii, as do I. Wii has its good games, but when coupled with the Eye Camera (which I already have) it is more accurate and versatile. I don't know how a person could say otherwise based on the actual demonstrations.

Nintendo has its good games, but I've found much more fun on the Playstation myself.

Barney.
June 15th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I peed my pants watching the Nintendo conference. It was the best. Whatever anyone says.

3DS actually looks amazing, And I thought it would be terrible.

AND KID ICARUS. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IM SO HAPPY!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Stop trollin' Jolene.

I am sorry, but you have to admit, the PS3 move controller is a lot more accurate than the Wiimote. Even when they were demoing the Zelda game, it was unresponsive at times then didn't work at all, that is just embarrassing.

Summing up E3 so far.
~Microsoft were just awful and the Kinect is fail.
~Nintendo were very good and I am impressed with some of the games.
~Sony stole the show for me (Surprise surprise =P) Just so many games that I want to play.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I think the Kinnect looks really good.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 02:18 PM
My personal grades for the 5 conferences:

Place 1: Nintendo - A
- They actually had a very good showing, first for a while now. Lots of promising games, which I'll only probably buy a few, among many of their beloved franchises. The 3DS was okay, but with Paper Mario on it I now have to get it. They didn't really show much of it in action besides commercials type presentations.

Place 2: Sony - B+
- Lagged at times, but they did a very good job at selling me on Move. I was considering skipping it altogether. They also had a solid lineup of games, as well as some great announcements with the exclusive content and versions (DLC and Move versions of games). I'm not sure about the 3D yet. I'd need to get a 3D HDTV first, which I doubt I will.

Place 3: EA - C+
- Some interesting games and presentations, but ended up being more same old type of stuff.

Place 4: Microsoft - D-
- Really, what were they trying to do? Horrible handling of selling Kinect to the public. They showed a few games, then went on to... I don't even know what to call it, with the Kinect. Their version of the Wii, with the ditching of hardcore gamers and such on release. The new Xbox was... underwhelming, as it doesn't add a whole lot, and still hasn't caught up to the PS3 technologically.

Place 5: Ubisoft - F
- Yeah, they had Assassin's Creed and Ghost Recon, but do they really deserve their own conference?

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM
So, Konami tomorrow is it?
That should be interesting to see. Then E3 is over =[

Jeremy
June 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Well sweeties, Nintendo won e3 in my book. Kirby, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Country, and Zelda sealed it for me.

Eternal Nightmare
June 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Thank you Jeremy and I have to agree. I'm not going to say "oh the xbox sucks, oh the ps3 sucks," Nintedo had a bucket load of games that had my heart crying with joy. Can't say that about Microsoft on the other hand with there failure. I've yet to watch Sony but I'm sure they topped Microsoft by a mile. Sony and Nintendo will always be my favorite top companies (Sega and Ubisoft for minor, Sega just needs to stop screwing up Sonic). The 360's library is just mostly shooters, which is great, but it gets repeatative and boring to me :/.

Go ahead and say the wii isn't hardcore enough, xbox is the shiz. I really don't care as I play any game I like instead of those who derail Nintendo for having childish and casual games. I will gladly take a wii or ps3 over a xbox anyday.

In other news, I'm excited for plenty of Nintendo and Sony's games, as well as Assassians Creed, Rayman Origins, Sonic 4, Sonic Colors, and a few xbox titles that I may never play. Nintendo has owned this years E3 hands down IMO. So many great games to choose from.

Hiidoran
June 15th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I definitely agree with Jeremy, though Playstation did widen my eyes a bit from time to time. Haha, I don't regret watching a recorded coverage of it.

Unlike the Microsoft conference...

New Zelda title didn't entice me too much, but I am looking forward to the new Donkey Kong Country. XD

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM

Whereas you're a Nintendo fan. I'm not seeing your point here. I've not complained about Microsoft's show at all and I don't really like the 360, the difference is Microsoft's show went smoothly and their new tech worked.

Outstanding is opinion, and why are remakes invalid? Are they less of a game than new titles? Especially if the originals came out like ten years ago or something.

Anyways, I'm done with that convo'.

It's not any less of a game, but it isn't new content. I wouldn't use a remake game on PS3 as an argument for this gen. Not that Wii has many remakes though, just lots and lots of re-releases.

But here's a cool idea kids, go play a PS3 a bit, give Move a chance and stop frothing at the mouth everytime someone highlights another of Nintendo's lazy mistakes.

Moving on; gotta say the 3DS caught my eye, albeit most of the annouced games are remakes but it'll be a whole new way to enjoy them. + Snake Eater, which was hands down the best PS2 game in my eyes.

Kirbychu
June 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
So many wonderful games for Nintendo! Epic Yarn, Kid Icarus, and Other M will be mine. Epic Yarn looks like it has co-op...

Crystal-Heart
June 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'd have to say Nintendo was my favorite so far.
As I said, didn't care for the new Zelda's style, but it still seems fun. Kid Icarus: Uprising has me the most excited, followed by Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M as well as the various remakes (Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64), Paper Mario, Metal Gear, and Kingdom Hearts.
As for PlayStation, despite the PS3 being tied with the Wii for my favorite system, nothing they showed really got me pumped, mostly because I'm not a fan of many series on the system and I couldn't care less about Motion Gaming until there is a title I want to play with it.

I'm hoping to see something from Capcom in regards to Marvel vs Capcom 3 or MegaMan Universe, since all I know is that they registered a patent for it.

Alex_
June 15th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I missed the Sony conference. Was there anything significant announced? I'm in the market for a PS3, since I'm getting pretty tired of my 360; but I don't see anything out now that really makes me want to go out and get one.

fenyx4
June 15th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Pokemon, Kid Icarus, Kirby, StarFox, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, Metal Gear Solid...

And the highly-anticipated revelation of the Nintendo 3DS?! I think I'm going to cry... So many awesome games coming out! I've already been pumped for Pokemon Black and White Versions, but there are so many others that I'm interested it. I saw snapshots for a few of them, and just viewed the Kid Icarus: Uprising trailer (without sound, though :(). The game looks awesome. I've never played the Kid Icarus series before, but this new installment looks enthralling! :D Go Nintendo!

I'll have to catch up on the other companies, later though. And I love the red-and-black Nintendo 3DS design. That thing is pure win. :D I just wish there was GBA compatibility... I'm stuck in Gen III, so I really don't want to have to buy a DS Lite and a 3DS just to get Gen III Pokemon to the Black and White Versions of Gen V...

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I missed the Sony conference. Was there anything significant announced? I'm in the market for a PS3, since I'm getting pretty tired of my 360; but I don't see anything out now that really makes me want to go out a get one.

- A number of third party games are getting exclusive content
- A few third party games, like Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, showed content not seen before.
- Gran Turismo 5 got a release date, one that's soon
- Valve's Steam is coming to the PS3
- Portal 2 will have its "best" version on the PS3
- Details on PS Move, as well as game functionality with it.
- Details with the 3D element being added to games.
- A new Twisted Metal was announced.
- Details on a few already known of games, like LittleBigPlanet 2
- Trailers for some games, like inFamous 2.
- A few game demonstrations, most having to do with how PS Move will be used.
- And a few more things I'm forgetting

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Whereas you're a Nintendo fan. I'm not seeing your point here. I've not complained about Microsoft's show at all and I don't really like the 360, the difference is Microsoft's show went smoothly and their new tech worked.

Okay, so it's because you have an irrational dislike for Nintendo. We'll get to the bottom of this, Fox.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Okay, so it's because you have an irrational dislike for Nintendo. We'll get to the bottom of this, Fox.

Its sounds like your saying not finding the Wii the best no matter what problems it may have is an irrational dislike for Nintendo...

institutions
June 15th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Everyone keeps talking about how bad the Microsoft conference was, but was it really THAT bad?
I actually missed Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony's shows lol.

I don't have a Wii though, and don't plan to buy a 3DS as long as I can play Pokemon Black on my old fat silver DS, so I don't think i'd be interested in anything they showed. I'm not a huge fan of Zelda or DK, but Golden Sun did catch my eye (didn't watch. I caught some of the news on G4s iPhone app.)
I'm not buying a 3DS just for that though. Maybe i'll get it for Golden Sun, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and did someone say TLoZ:OoT was coming?
I'd rather buy a slim 360 first though.

I don't have any Sony products aside from a broken PS2 and a PSP that I got years ago and have played for around 2 hours total since I got.

I also don't think i've ever played a Konami game. Unless Konami made Yugioh games. I played some Yugioh on GBC and GBA a long time ago :P

So far from E3 i'm looking forward to - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Driver San Fransisco, Bulletstorm, Fallout: New Vegas, and possibly the 3DS titles I listed above.

I'll need to watch the conferences that I missed but i've also been looking forward to the new Guitar Hero (wow, who looks forward to something that comes 5 times a year?), the new CoD, and Fable 3 (maybe).

Also, where the hell was Rock Band 3?

Sorry for the long post.
I've also decided to stop bashing other consoles. Every console gets some great exclusives and some crappy motion games.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Its sounds like your saying not finding the Wii the best no matter what problems it may have is an irrational dislike for Nintendo...

You must read in between the lines. To me it is clear that what Fox was saying is "I don't like Nintendo because they do not make mature enough toys." I think that is a bit irrational myself.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM

it's not really irrational lol. Personally I love shelling out £40 every 2 months for another Mario spin off don't get me wrong, it's just the Wii isn't casual enough for me.

Sneeze
June 15th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I dunno why I worded my last post as strongly as I did, I was probably cranky, I'm totally buzzed about Dead space 2 (more so now its coming with extraction with the special edition). After Microsoft's frankly embarrassing conferences (either those cutscenes where pre-rendered or Kinect is THAT good it moves before even you do) Sony and Nintendo both pulled it back for me.

Zelda looks fun, love the new art style. 3DS looking good, OLD style Paper Mario, Saints Row and Resident Evil? YES, please. No mention of Pikmin 3 but I'll let that slide.

Sony started off slow but after more Dead Space teasing, inFamous 2 and Twisted Metal I was well happy. Twisted Metal 2 was like my fav game ever on the PS1 so I'm totally stoked. Then there's Portal 2 (Gabe is a ****ing legend for the record).

Microsoft make a complete fool of themselves and Sony and Nintendo release a selection of games from my fav ever serieses? Pretty sound E3 afaic.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
You must read in between the lines. To me it is clear that what Fox was saying is "I don't like Nintendo because they do not make mature enough toys." I think that is a bit irrational myself.

Or you've just curved your interpretation to be in your favor.

There IS a notable higher quality in the precision and versatility of the Move over the WiiMote, due to its use of the camera.

There WAS problems, interference or not, being had with the Zelda game, and could be taken by anyone watching as problems in programing, because they shouldn't have to assume it will be fixed.

The remakes ARE more likely to be dismissible simply because there are people who'd prefer new content over reliving memories.

People ARE allowed to find games dull to their whim.

A person CAN be rational in not liking something because it doesn't suit their tastes in the subject in question.

Air Pichu
June 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Personally I really liked the PS3 and Nintendo stuff.

The Nintendo 3DS was cool, and with Paper Mario and Donkey Kong, I will get it.

The PS3 had lots of games I want to try. :)

*~Frost Umbreon~*
June 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Holy Quick Man.

THERE'S A KIRBY WII IN THE MAKING.

I KNEW THERE WOULD BE ONE, I JUST KNEW IT.

I'm also pretty excited for the Kid Icarus remake and Paper Mario 3DS. Better start saving up my money.

Eternal Nightmare
June 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Or you've just curved your interpretation to be in your favor.

There IS a notable higher quality in the precision and versatility of the Move over the WiiMote, due to its use of the camera.

There WAS problems, interference or not, being had with the Zelda game, and could be taken by anyone watching as problems in programing, because they shouldn't have to assume it will be fixed.

The remakes ARE more likely to be dismissible simply because there are people who'd prefer new content over reliving memories.

People ARE allowed to find games dull to their whim.

A person CAN be rational in not liking something because it doesn't suit their tastes in the subject in question.

I have to agree on a few of your statements.

1. I haven't watched the Sony Conference so I'm not clear on their wiimote move

2. Yesh, it can't be denied that there were some complications with the game, but according some people who played demos of the game, the controls were working just fine so meh...:)

3. Ok I'm on edge about this comment. Some people cherish there childhood memories so I have to doubt they will be dismissible. Plus I don't hardly see any remakes outside Oot3D and Starfox 64 3ds or am I missing something :/. I saw sequels more than anything but they still look amazing.

4 + 5. This is a true...just like hardly an xbox games are to my liking and I most of them dull and repeatative :<.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I have to agree on a few of your statements.

1. I haven't watched the Sony Conference so I'm not clear on their wiimote move

2. Yesh, it can't be denied that there were some complications with the game, but according some people who played demos of the game, the controls were working just fine so meh...:)

3. Ok I'm on edge about this comment. Some people cherish there childhood memories so I have to doubt they will be dismissible. Plus I don't hardly see any remakes outside Oot3D and Starfox 64 3ds or am I missing something :/. I saw sequels more than anything but they still look amazing.

4 + 5. This is a true...just like hardly an xbox games are to my liking and I most of them dull and repeatative :<.

They're remaking MGS3 on 3DS as well. He's not saying no one wants remakes etc, he's refering to my earlier post where I said remakes should be exempt from the argument about content.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Some of the games for the 3DS (main area this applies) are undetermined, but have a chance to be remakes based on screenshots of some (Kingdom Hearts and the Metal Gear Solid game) looking a lot like old ones.

By dismissible, I mean reasonable for a person to dismiss it based on those grounds. Smaller crowd of people interested, less overall appeal.

Eternal Nightmare
June 15th, 2010, 05:04 PM
They're remaking MGS3 on 3DS as well. He's not saying no one wants remakes etc, he's refering to my earlier post where I said remakes should be exempt from the argument about content.

Some of the games for the 3DS (main area this applies) are undetermined, but have a chance to be remakes based on screenshots of some (Kingdom Hearts and the Metal Gear Solid game) looking a lot like old ones.

By dismissible, I mean reasonable for a person to dismiss it based on those grounds. Smaller crowd of people interested, less overall appeal.

Ahhhh...I appreciate you guys for clearing that up for me C: Also, I forgot about MGS3D. But yeah the Kindom Hearts and Metal Gear do look like old titles but I love classics more than anything, even remade, maybe its just me though.

Speaking of classics did Sega reveal anything new about Sonic 4 and/or Sonic Colors, yes I like Sonic games laugh if you will =_=.

Chibi-chan
June 15th, 2010, 05:05 PM
There's an OoT remake?
Good, never played the first. I think I owe it to myself to play this one.

Fox♠
June 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah, the Metal gear Solid is a remake of MGS3 from PS2. Should be interesting in 3D

A Pixy
June 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I've waited 4 years for a new Kirby game, and Hal hasn't let me down yet. Kirby: Epic Yarn is going to be, dare I say, EPIC. :D

Also, that new DK game is cool too. The rock remix was so nice. ;O;

I like how Nintendo is cheating.

Nintendo: Look, we have Motion Control. It doesn't work perfectly, but still! Buy it! :D

Sony & Microsoft: We have Motion Control too and it's WAY better than Nintendo's! Buy ours! :D

Nintendo: Look, we have 2D side-scrollers, an art we've been honing for decades. BUY IT! :D

They're cheating.

Oh, and I only want the DS version of Sonic Colors. Dimps is making it, win is assured. I've waited years for a Sonic Rush Adventure successor. ;O;

Alinthea
June 15th, 2010, 06:15 PM
There's an OoT remake?

It isn't the best Zelda game, in my opinion, but a game everyone should play, even for a little bit.

A Pixy
June 15th, 2010, 06:30 PM
There's an OoT remake?

So I'm not the only one who thinks Link's design is rather OoT-ish.

That beetle thing seems weird and the motion control better be perfect. D:<

/looks on internet

So you're not just being sarchastic? Wow.

Launching a console with one of highest rated games of all time is a smart move.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOMURA, TEASING YOUR FANBASE! YOU MAKE ME SICK! D:<

Crystal-Heart
June 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Maybe i'll get it for Golden Sun,
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is for the original DS actually, so you don't have to buy the 3DS for it.

So I'm not the only one who thinks Link's design is rather OoT-ish.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU NOMURA, TEASING YOUR FANBASE! YOU MAKE ME SICK! D:<
What do you mean? Are you talking about the design for Link in Skyward Sword? If you are, its actually more akin to a Cel Shaded version of Twilight Princess Link.
Also, if you are talking about Skyward Sword, the Ocarina of Time remake people are talking about is the one implied by these screenshots, that Nintendo promptly removed from their site.
http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/215528-2.jpg?rand=66A470C2-F5F9-5B82-3AD089CF5FDE1AA4http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/215528-3.jpg?rand=66A470C3-F19B-8B37-CFF66BBF4C083DE4

Take note that there are more screenshots, I just didn't feel like putting the others up, since its primarily just the opening sequence.

Oh, and what did Nomura do? Tease with the 3DS Kingdom Hearts screens?

rockman0
June 15th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I haven't watched Microsoft's conference, but I did see the little Kinect presentation they had. What was with the weird tribal people on the ground?

Sony's was pretty cool. Killzone 3 looked amazing and I would love to play it. Also, love that Sony is making some good 3D games. Move...I could live without it.

Nintendo. Nintendo just blew my mind. It was hyped-up game reveal after hyped-up game reveal. I mean, it started off with Legend of Zelda (which was kinda slow in my opinion). Lol, at the controller glitch. :D Then, there was game after game, and then the 3DS. My only regret is not being there in person. Also, I never saw Pokemon BW. Was it at their press conference, or just on the show floor?

Eternal Nightmare
June 15th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Not they did not have anything pokemon at there conference I believe. I'm not surprised though as we already have had our information for the month xD. I was also hoping they would show off Pikmin 3 and some gameplay trailers of Metroid: Other M but they already blew my expectations so I'm happy :D.

June 16th, 2010, 12:49 AM
I intend to watch Nintendo's conference again because my laptop was so crappy at buffering the damn thing that I missed pretty much everything Reggie said, and most of the 3DS demonstration apart from the Kid Icarus trailer (<3). I'm only annoyed that e3.nintendo.com won't work for me at all, so I can't get at any of the behind the scenes stuff. D:

Sneeze
June 16th, 2010, 02:10 AM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/e3_2010_pikmin_3_still_coming_despite_no_show

Semi-related, in case anyone else was disappointed by it's absence. At least it exists. Taking their time though. :U

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Major highlights for me so far:

New Paper Mario Game
Star Wars: the Old Republic

A Pixy
June 16th, 2010, 04:15 AM
What do you mean? Are you talking about the design for Link in Skyward Sword? If you are, its actually more akin to a Cel Shaded version of Twilight Princess Link.

The only difference between TP's Link and OoT's Link is that TP's Link's tunic is darker so I'm probably just nitpicking. o3o

Let's just assume this is a new Link with little to no prior connections to old Links. o3o

But the graphics are super, cel-shaded ftw. n3n

Oh, and what did Nomura do? Tease with the 3DS Kingdom Hearts screens?

I meant Nomura teasing his fan-base on a remake of FF7.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
June 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Y'know what annoys me? Even after Nintendo won E3, life and everything, all I hear people saying is "omg can't wait for COD with Natal Kinect"

June 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Y'know what annoys me? Even after Nintendo won E3, life and everything, all I hear people saying is "omg can't wait for COD with Natal Kinect"

Nintendo could make a console which projects flesh-and-blood characters into your living room, and people will still say that Sony and Microsoft are cooler. It's apparently the in-thing to hate on Nintendo right now, even though the Kinect is basically a Wii-clone.

Crystal-Heart
June 16th, 2010, 08:17 AM
The only difference between TP's Link and OoT's Link is that TP's Link's tunic is darker so I'm probably just nitpicking. o3o
Actually, there are a few differences. TP Link's hair style has it parted more to one side, rather then in the center, he has chainmail under his tunic, there's an extra strap on the belt he holds his sword on, as well as the intricate detailing on both his gauntlets and boots.

However, now I'm being nitpicky

I meant Nomura teasing his fan-base on a remake of FF7.
That wasn't primarily Nomura, he isn't in charge of (most of) Final Fantasy, he's only in charge of Kingdom Hearts, the Advent Children movie, and FFVersusXIII.

Eternal Nightmare
June 16th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Nintendo could make a console which projects flesh-and-blood characters into your living room, and people will still say that Sony and Microsoft are cooler. It's apparently the in-thing to hate on Nintendo right now, even though the Kinect is basically a Wii-clone.

Just like its the inthing to hate on Sonic because he had some bad 3D experiences =_=. And yeah the Kinect is a clone...only you have no controls. Yay Microsoft that's really exciting. O can't wait to get my hads on a copy of Wii Sports, Just Dance, Nintendogs and cats, and Wii Sports Resort...oh wait I'm meant Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures.

People just can't accept Nintendo is dominating the video game industry with quote games with no innovation, casual gaming, and kiddy and ungory non fps games unquote. I see Microsoft and Sony are trying to reel in. The casual crowd now because it worked for the Wii.

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 09:05 AM
People just can't accept Nintendo is dominating the video game industry with quote games with no innovation, casual gaming, and kiddy and ungory non fps games unquote. I see Microsoft and Sony are trying to reel in. The casual crowd now because it worked for the Wii.

While there's no doubt that's what they're doing, Microsoft and Sony are still whole different animals.
In the mean time, Nintendo has games I want to play that I don't have to pay 350+ for.

Yoshimi
June 16th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Natal(not Kinect, that name is terrible) is not a Wii clone at all though :/
It's supposed to be a controller free peripheral so even new players will be able to get into it without having to know the controls.
If anything, the Playstation Move is a Wii Clone. Oh yeah, if you ignore the fact that it's significantly cheaper and most likely won't suck as much.

Banjora Marxvile
June 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I agree with Luck. The Playstation Move is remarkable like a Wii clone (when I was looking at the replies to an article I found, and it said they were all copying the Wii, I looked at the XBox 360 Kinect and Playstation Move more closely. Playstation is a clone, but the XBox one isn't a clone, more... Well, not an advance, really, but it is no Wii).

Did anyone pay attention to the F.3.A.R. Trailer? I did, and it looked great (though... Not really like the original F.E.A.R.)

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
...It's probably just me, but this thread kind of has a taste of console wars in it.
Stop comparing the new stuff so closely, folks.
It's different tech owned by different companies known for different things.

Nuke
June 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Dont see how nintendo 'won' personally.

Xbox will have a new technology quite a way ahead of what we have seen for any console and Nintendo announce a new '3D' DS. Since everything is 3D, I don't care about it being 3D just another DS really and there are going to be more good games on the xbox. If I buy a 3DS (which I probably will for this reason) it'll be to get the next pokemon game and thats it.

Alinthea
June 16th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Regardless of who you think won, it is all down to personal opinion, what games you like and normally what consoles you own.

The reason I think Sony topped it, was because a lot of their games I can't wait for and they have brought back a childhood game of mine. TWISTED METALLLLLL!

Nuke
June 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Regardless of who you think won, it is all down to personal opinion, what games you like and normally what consoles you own.

The reason I think Sony topped it, was because a lot of their games I can't wait for and they have brought back a childhood game of mine. TWISTED METALLLLLL!

I normally own any of them I suppose.

I had a playstation first then got a playstation 2 but got a wii then thought that was awful so got an xbox.

So I'm glad for any side if they come up with something good. It'll be an interesting console war now with all of them opting for motion control.

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I agree with Luck. The Playstation Move is remarkable like a Wii clone (when I was looking at the replies to an article I found, and it said they were all copying the Wii, I looked at the XBox 360 Kinect and Playstation Move more closely. Playstation is a clone, but the XBox one isn't a clone, more... Well, not an advance, really, but it is no Wii).

Did anyone pay attention to the F.3.A.R. Trailer? I did, and it looked great (though... Not really like the original F.E.A.R.)

Yeah, Move is a Wii clone. But its also doing the WiiRemote with considerably more accurate, versatile technology and potential for usage in good games. The Kinect has a interesting concept, but becomes much more just annoying when you realize that its potential to be used in anything beyond a minigame game is little to none. No buttons, nothing your actually holding (who wants to play an FPS with their hand as a gun), all lead to those issues.

Fox♠
June 16th, 2010, 02:09 PM

Actuallly Kinect is a lot more like Sony's eyetoy/Playstation eye. I'm not going to get into a huge argument because Nintendo fans here outweigh people who see sense and are always arrogant but let me say this. Growing up I was a huge Nintendo fan but eventually I had enough of "prinez pech hav bein stolen again lols" and "ganondurf is aftr mor triforc/zelda" and "kirby suck stuff in get new hair olol" But been a fanboy I decided to give Wii a try. I don't think I've ever, ever regretted buying something so much in my life. Honestly if Miyamoto done a huge steamer on a dirty plate I garuntee half of this forum would defend it as a good game.

Yoshimi
June 16th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Actuallly Kinect is a lot more like Sony's eyetoy/Playstation eye. I'm not going to get into a huge argument because Nintendo fans here outweigh people who see sense and are always arrogant but let me say this. Growing up I was a huge Nintendo fan but eventually I had enough of "prinez pech hav bein stolen again lols" and "ganondurf is aftr mor triforc/zelda" and "kirby suck stuff in get new hair olol" But been a fanboy I decided to give Wii a try. I don't think I've ever, ever regretted buying something so much in my life. Honestly if Miyamoto done a huge steamer on a dirty plate I garuntee half of this forum would defend it as a good game.

This actually. I only played my Wii about 3 times, and I only had two games for it since every other game at the time was garbage. The two games were Twilight Princess, which has no replay value, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which didn't even work because my Wii was unfortunate enough to be one of the few that couldn't even play it. A few months later I sold it and got a 360, and although I don't play it nearly as much as my PS3, I don't regret a thing.

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM

So it's not so much that you're a Sony fanboy, it's more that you're a Wii hater. Hate all you want, but look at where you're venting it.

"I don't want to start an argument but Nintendo fans are arrogant and can't see reason. Also the games are repetitive."
Come on, Foxy. At least Luck isn't bordering on ad hominem. We're not even in OC!

Fox♠
June 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
So it's not so much that you're a Sony fanboy, it's more that you're a Wii hater. Hate all you want, but look at where you're venting it.

"I don't want to start an argument but Nintendo fans are arrogant and can't see reason. Also the games are repetitive."
Come on, Foxy. At least Luck isn't bordering on ad hominem. We're not even in OC!

You guys can't see reason, people post highlighting why the Wii is the worst of the three, why Nintendo's show wasn't the best thing ever and you all reply with "omfg no sony move rip off kinect rip off new zelda new mario new kirby omfg so cool i love payin $40 for the same game ive bought 5 years in a row now"

Eternal Nightmare
June 16th, 2010, 02:45 PM

I know what you are saying it is basically the same stuff over and over again but Nintendo can get creative...I mean look at Epic Yarn. If Miyamoto did do something like that I would only support it if it was a good game. I don't mind gore as long as the game is decent n.n. Its not that I'm a Nintendo fan I play any game I find enjoyable regardless of system...although 360 hasn't had anything yet to scream "Get your ass up and come buy me"

This actually. I only played my Wii about 3 times, and I only had two games for it since every other game at the time was garbage. The two games were Twilight Princess, which has no replay value, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which didn't even work because my Wii was unfortunate enough to be one of the few that couldn't even play it. A few months later I sold it and got a 360, and although I don't play it nearly as much as my PS3, I don't regret a thing.

A lot of peoples wii had that problem because I believe the cd has morelayers or something so only wiis with a good internal harddrive could play it. You could have sent the wii and Brawl to Nintendo free of charge like I did ^w^. There was like some online form on nintendo.com I had to fill out first. But I had a 360 as well but the only games I played were Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection, one of the Gears of War, and one of the God of War games. They were all good and fun but the 360's library doesn't appeal to me that much. I want a PS3. How are they?

Fox♠
June 16th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I know what you are saying it is basically the same stuff over and over again but Nintendo can get creative...I mean look at Epic Yarn. If Miyamoto did do something like that I would only support it if it was a good game. I don't mind gore as long as the game is decent n.n. Its not that I'm a Nintendo fan I play any game I find enjoyable regardless of system...although 360 hasn't had anything yet to scream "Get your ass up and come buy me"

Nah i completely understand and respect that. I'm just saying, people are going on about this e£ as if Nintendo showed us anything we hadn't seen before (excluding 3DS)

Storm_has_formed
June 16th, 2010, 04:58 PM
my problem with Nintendo was the lack of games that interested me for the Wii. It's still collecting dust. On the other hand, they basically restored my faith in them this e3 with their remakes and the 3DS. Then again, i liked Microsoft and Sony's conferences as well... i can't even be a fanboy now :(

A Pixy
June 16th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Nah i completely understand and respect that. I'm just saying, people are going on about this e£ as if Nintendo showed us anything we hadn't seen before (excluding 3DS)

I just think Nintendo is trying to cater to it's hardcore audience again. As far as I see, announcing a new Kirby, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus and explain the new Zelda as well as Miyamoto himself on stage was a pretty good show. They're just showing they care about their hardcore audience. o3o

Masquerainisthajam
June 16th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Nintendo Spotlight: My Thoughts

Tuesday, June 15, 2010
10:52 a.m.

I’m currently watching the Maury show, but that’s not important right now. This week is one of the biggest weeks annually for the gaming world. Yes it’s E3 2010, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. I’m really excited to hear about what Nintendo and Sony have to offer for the year of 2010-2011. The spotlights start at 11:30 a.m. today and I’m hoping to get at least one of the spotlights down before I go to work

Nintendo Spotlight 2010

Last year, I gave the Nintendo Spotlight a B-. They were showcasing the Wii MotionPlus accessory with WiiSports Resort. Also, they were showcasing The New Super Mario Bros. Wii game with 4 player co-op at the same time on screen. Not only that, but they were also showing Metroid: Other M and some accessory called Wii Vitality Sensor which is supposed to enable relaxation when gaming. The reason I gave it a B- was because they had more games for the casual gamer and they seemed to slip away from the core gamer. That kind of upset a few people. I hope Nintendo steps up in their spotlight today.

-----

And step up they have with an array of games and new technology. This year’s theme is “Something for Everyone”, and it brought more of an emphasis on the core gamer. It seems that the core gamer audience has shrunk or lost interest over last year, but there are a lot of interesting things coming out that will try to be won back to Nintendo. Reggie Fils-Amie, President and COO of Nintendo America said “Technology is a tool…the end product…is the experience.” He meant that technology should be used to enhance the experience of the game, nothing more, nothing less.

First is the long, long, long, long, long awaited Legend of Zelda game for the Wii. Everyone, get ready to put down Twilight Princess and get ready to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The Wii Remote with the MotionPlus accessory and the Nunchuk is supposed to make using the sword, shield and items naturally. According to Miyamoto, this will be a “key turning point in Link’s long history.” Zelda fans were hoping not to get a child Link like they did in the Wind Waker, and guess what? There is no child Link in this game!

With the game mechanics this “natural”, there are supposed to be more strategic ways to defeat your enemies. There is also a new weapon called the Beetle. You can control it to help pick up items and it looks like a cool thing to cover surveillance on. Spy style mission, anyone? This game will be coming out next year.

Fils-Amie also said that there will be new experiences for everyone and since the gamers are all on a worldwide spectrum, games will be made to give a universal appeal. He talked about sports games being either realistic, such as Madden, or over the top arcade fun, like NBA Jam.

He then talked about Mario. Yes, it’s another Mario sports game (What? You thought I was going to talk about another Mario game?) This time, Mario and gang will be playing hockey, volleyball, dodgeball and basketball. I think this might be an interesting take on these sports. After all, they have already done golf, soccer and tennis. Hey, what about a Mario football game? Or maybe even lacrosse? This game is Mario Sports Mix and it will come out for the Wii in 2011.

The Nintendo Wii has made more sales all time and it has far better replay value, but is it because of the welcoming of the casual gamer and the disinterest of the core gamer? Thoughts appreciated here.

And guess what? There is another Wii game that will use your Miis You’re probably thinking, Come on! We already have WiiSports, WiiSports Resort and WiiMusic, what else do we need? We need a party game. It’s called WiiParty (creative title, isn’t it?). It’s self explanatory and it’s somewhat like Mario Party mixed with Miis. I honestly don’t think this is an interesting game to play at all, but I’ll leave that to your experiences. This game will be released Holiday 2010.

We also have Just Dance 2. This sequel to the popular game will feature up to 8 player playability and 40+ hit tracks. This looks like an interesting game and I wonder how it will play out. I guess we’ll find out this Fall.

The next game was Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and it featured a new storyline, but it didn’t tell much of what is going to be in that game, just that a new evil is brewing and that a new generation will be sent to take care of it. It will be released Holiday 2010.

The next announcement shocked me and James Bond fans. The popular game and movie GoldenEye 007 will be released for the Wii around November/Holiday 2010 and it will feature 8 classic Bond characters and special game modes, and also split screen and online multiplayer modes. This game was brought back from its days in the Nintendo 64. This brings a concern to me. Will this game be stuck in its own time? Will this be just more hype for another rehashed game? Will the mechanics be improved in some way, shape or form?

There was also buzz for another game by the company of Disney. Warren Spector and Adam Creighton came to the spotlight to discuss Disney Epic Mickey. This story involves Mickey Mouse, the character we all come to know and love, taking part in an adventure through the Wasteland, a land where forgotten and rejected characters and attractions go. Mickey has been successful in TV, movies, and just about every other media outlet available, but will he be legitimately successful as a video game character?

The game comes with a combination of RPG, adventure and platform elements found in three different location types: Action Zones, Quest Zones and Travel Zones. There is also a Play Style Matters concept; how you play the game matters what the outcome is going to be. This depends on what you are being told or not told, what you erase or bring to life, what characters to help or not help, just about anything imaginable. This game looks good and it will come out Holiday 2010.

There was a point made; Kirby had not been on a main console for 7 years. It’s been gracing our presences in handhelds. However, there is this game coming out for the Will called Kirby’s Epic Yarn. Let me start off by saying that the art style is truly unique and never thought of before. I mean, you can use the fabric of the worlds to your liking and to help you get across certain levels. Kirby also became a machine, that’s pretty cool. But, I did not see Kirby suck up one thing during that preview. They can’t take away that vacuum power! Game comes out Fall 2010.

The next game shown was DragonQuest IX: Sentinels of Starry Skies, coming out July 11. This is a super impressive game, because there is a crapload of things to do and also a crapload of special modes. The maps keep changing, there are tons and tons of items and equipment to customize your character. How will new members to the franchise be able to adapt to the craziness the entire game has to offer.

Coming out on August 31 is Metroid: Other M. This has been showcased in last year’s E3. Nintendo has teamed up with Team Ninja to bring more than the classic hallmarks of isolation and exploration.

We actually have a new Donkey Kong game. When was the last time that happened? Donkey Kong Country Returns is the next game with DK and Diddy Kong. It looks like there are some interesting mechanics to the game. I liked how it worked. The game will come out Holiday 2010.

Now the biggest thing for the Nintendo spotlight was the new Nintendo 3DS. This is supposed to be a way to bring 3D technology into gaming and we could also take 3D with us. Satoru Iwata showcased the item. Now I first thought, “How are we going to use 3D without the glasses?” Well, this successor to the DS will have a 3D effect slider, a 3.5 inch wide top screen, a Slide Pad that enables analog play (finally!), and a motion and gyro sensor. Hey, does this mean that I can play Yu-Gi-Oh and have the monsters appear live on my screen in 3D? (That was a joke, people!) I have my doubts, but I hope for the best.

This will have 2 Camera Lenses that will allow us to take and view pictures in 3D and we can view movies in 3D. What I can’t believe is a new Kid Icarus game. The last game was when? I can’t remember. However, we have Kid Icarus: Uprising. This game looks promising and fun to play. I’m actually looking forward to playing this game!

The 3DS will feature non-proactive use. What they meant was that gameplay continues when the DS is closed. It will feature new stages and quests, ghost data and rankings downloaded even when the DS isn’t near a Wi-Fi access point.

Looks like there will be another version of Nintendogs for the 3DS, and it will involve cats! Plus, gaming companies such as Activision, Level-5, Square Enix, THQ, EA, KT, Capcom, WB Games, Ubisoft, Namco Bandai and Konami are just a few of the companies that will take part in creating games for this system.

Bottom Line: Nintendo has brought excitement. Finally. I have to say the Nintendo spotlights from the last two years didn’t even compare to the spotlight shown this year. This spotlight has a blend of games for the casual and core gamer, but the questions remain: We have more games coming out for the core gamer, but will it bring the core gamer back? Will the casual gamer back away? Will the core gamer even care? Well, I’m not going to answer these questions for you! Try it out yourself!

Grade: A- (I have some reservations!)

Masquerainisthajam
June 16th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Sony Spotlight: My Thoughts

Tuesday, June 15, 2010
10:52 a.m.

I’m currently watching the Maury show, but that’s not important right now. This week is one of the biggest weeks annually for the gaming world. Yes it’s E3 2010, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. I’m really excited to hear about what Nintendo and Sony have to offer for the year of 2010-2011. The spotlights start at 11:30 a.m. today and I’m hoping to get at least one of the spotlights down before I go to work

Sony Spotlight 2010

Last year, I gave the Sony Spotlight an A-. They showcased the Worst Kept Secret of E3, the PSP Go. This will be able to download games, but it will not replace the PSP. There was also the reveal of God of War III, which received a lot of hype and a 5/5 later from X-Play. One of the biggest things about the spotlight was its motion capture technology which was later dubbed the PlayStation Move. It uses “sub-millimeter precision”. I hope it will stick to its word. I gave it an A- because there was no price drop for the PS3 announced, but there was one later.

---

The press conference started with CEO and President Jack Tretton, saying that the PS3 is the only console with something for every member of the family. He gave the opening remarks and then it was Kaz Hirai’s turn to take over. Hirai is the President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment. He talked about the two pillars of the PlayStation, content and innovation. The goal according to Sony is to bring these two elements to a whole new level. They call themselves the undisputed leader of 3D and they will have 20 of these titles by March 11, 2010.

Hermen Hulst of Guerrilla Games took the floor to show a two part live demo of Killzone 3 in 3D. I’m not even at E3 and it feels as if I am actually there flying the jet pack. This game will be fully compatible with the PlayStation Move and it will be released February 2011 worldwide.

Hirai came back and said that the PlayStation move will be combined with 3D. Talk about a win win situation! They’re actually combining two innovations at one time! It’s amazing! And you thought that there was no way that two innovations couldn’t be combined together!

Jack Tretton gave an interesting quote, “It’s no longer simply a question of how long you can be relevant in people’s lives, but in how many ways you can be relevant in people’s lives.” He was saying that when people are dealing with one thing, they will like it for a while and then get bored with it. However, when one game is showcased in different ways, the playability will last a lot longer. This is the vision of Sony and the PlayStation systems. By bringing 3D and motion control, this will enhance playability and it will cause gamers to come back and play games again and again and again.

He also talked about the 10 year anniversary of the PlayStation 2. This game system has been the foundation for the PS3 as many of the franchises move from it to the next gen system. Apparently, the PS2 is the most played system worldwide. Also, Sony wanted to bring more realism to the genre.

Next was Peter Dille the Senior VP of Marketing. He was talking about how the PS3 was “futureproof”. He then moved on to the PlayStation Move, Sony’s attempt to enter the motion control world. This will involve the PlayStation Eye Camera and the motion peripheral. Supposedly, this will appeal to the casual gamer, but also attract the hardcore gamer with the different franchises on board. My question is this: Since motion control is in for the PS3, will the hardcore gamer shy away because of their preference for letting their thumbs do the work and not their entire body?

The PlayStation Move (now on called PSMove in this post) will have 3 motion sensors to increase precision and accuracy in gaming and it will include buttons to gain more control over the game.

Christian Busic was up to showcase the next game entitled Sorcery. This game involves spellcasting by the use of the PSMove peripheral. All you have to do is flick the “wand” to cast the spell. The precision control on this game is amazing! Flicking it a certain way will affect the overall power and trajectory of the spell. This game will be released in Spring 2011.

Andrew Wilson, head of Worldwide Development for EA Sports, demoed the PSMove with Tiger Woods PGA Tour ’11. He was showing the precision of the controller as a golf club. It was too bad that he kept hitting the ball into the sand traps!

The next game that was going to be showcased was Heroes on the Move. This is a working title dealing with three of the biggest franchises in the PlayStation world: Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and also the Sly Cooper gang. I wonder, could a game handle that much greatness? At once? This game is coming soon.

Coca-Cola will help market and promote the PS3 and PSMove by use of sweepstakes and contests, I believe. This will be interesting. I wonder if I happened to win…

Kevin Butler appeared and he was the comic relief. He started with three memorable quotes from the start:

“Gaming is having a ridiculously huge TV in a tiny, one-room apartment.”
“Staying up till 3 AM to earn a trophy that isn’t real…but is.”
“And girls who know that the way through a man’s heart is through a melee attack.”

He continued to say that the PSMove will bring a lot more to the table.

The PSMove will be released in Europe September 15, the United States on the 19th, and in Japan October 21. The PSMove will cost $49.99, the Navigation Controller $29.99, the Move Controller with the PlayStation Eye and Sports Champions bundle for $99.99. If someone doesn’t have a PS3 like me, we can get a Ps3 bundle with the aforementioned bundle for only $399.99.

The PS3 will have 15-20 titles available by the launch of the PSMove with an additional 40+ games available by and during the Holiday season. Games include SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, EyePet, and Singstar Dance. Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5:Golden Edition, and Toy Story 3 will be updated with the PSMove functionality.

Enough about the PS3…for now. Time to head to the PSP. A marketing campaign will be made to promote games for the PSP. This will feature a boy named Marcus and the slogan will be “Step Your Game Up”. Games included for the PSP will include Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, inviZimals, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, ModNation Racers PSP and Patapon 3.

It seems that there is another game in the God of War franchise. When will this take place? I wonder…anyway, it’s called God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Will it keep up to the franchise? I hope so.

Now the PS3 is the most connected console of the market and there is also a replica of the Sony booths through PlayStation Home. Now that’s awesome! And innovative!

Alex Evans of Media Molecule revealed the next LittleBIGPlanet sequel. Not only can we create worlds, but we can also create games. GAMES!! Dude, creativity has come on a whole new level! How many game ideas can we come up with? The possibilities are endless!

Tretton introduced the PlayStation Plus, which will bring more experience and more content through the PlayStation Network. Subscribers will receive discount the PlayStation Store. Will this be a worthwhile investment? Will we get our money’s worth? We hope so.

John Schappert represented EA Games and it answered the question of what they will bring to the Sony platform? It started with Greg Goodrich showing us Medal of Honor.

Medal of Honor will step out of World War II to the War on Afghanistan. They actually worked with today’s military to bring true and realistic experience of war. This game is expected to be released October 12. This game will include weapon customization and a multiplayer map known as Diwagal Camp. A Beta for this will be released June 21. The exclusive pack will come with the game and the 2002 hit, Medal of Honor: Frontline.

The second game showcased was Dead Space 2 with Steve Papoutsis. A live demo was shown and it was great! I personally could never be able to play that game because it is way to freaky and scary for me. They do have another exclusive. We could get Dead Space 2 with Dead Space: Extraction with the PSMove.

Gabe Newell from Valve showed up to give a trailer for the next Portal game, Portal 2. He says that this game will have “the best version on any console!” This game will be released next year.

Tretton comes back and tells us about Final Fantasy XIV, an online RPG experience. There’s also 2K Games which will release Mafia II August 24. Day 1 content will be only available on the PS3. Ubisoft has released bigger news concerning the Assassin’s Creed franchise. They will release a game November 16 entitled Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. This will include multiplayer capability and they will have a beta on the PlayStation Network. Tretton concluded by saying that the word ‘exclusive’ has become his new favorite word! I think that may be my word, too.

Next was Gran Turismo 5. This racing game will be fully playable November 2 in 3D. And the sequel to a very good and popular game Infamous will be released in 2011. The main character can now control ice, compared to the first game’s ability to control electricity.

The co-founders of Eat Sleep Play has resurrected a favorite from years of sleep. Yes, Twisted Metal. You remember, the game with all the vehicles with all kinds of weapons that blow each other up? And with the creepy clown guy known as Sweet Tooth? Yeah, that game. It will be released in 2011. It has a new game mode called Nuke. In this mode, we have to capture the opponent’s faction leader and prepare it for a sacrifice to launch missles to take down our opponent’s giant statue. Sound like a lot of fun, don’t you think? I think so.

Sony has brought it once again with new titles and more on the PlayStation Move. They even introduced 3D gaming into the mix. However, will we find the 3D glasses to be a nuisance after a while or will we be too immersed into the games to actually care? That’s your call. Try it out yourself.

Grade: A

Yoshimi
June 16th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Uh oh, you gave Nintendo an A-. You'll be called a sony fanboy for doing this.

Crystal-Heart
June 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Dont see how nintendo 'won' personally.

Xbox will have a new technology quite a way ahead of what we have seen for any console and Nintendo announce a new '3D' DS. Since everything is 3D, I don't care about it being 3D just another DS really and there are going to be more good games on the xbox. If I buy a 3DS (which I probably will for this reason) it'll be to get the next pokemon game and thats it.
What else is in 3D? None of the current generation is in 3D, nor have we seen any of the next generation, bar the 3DS, to say whether or not its in 3D.

When they said the 3DS was in 3D, they meant like if you were to go to a 3D movie, you know, where you typically need 3D glasses. Thats why one of the things they pointed out was that you got "3D without glasses", although we'll see how true that is.

Oh, and one last thing, lets kill the console war please. It was already getting old back in the SNES vs Genesis days.

TRIFORCE89
June 16th, 2010, 07:04 PM
my problem with Nintendo was the lack of games that interested me for the Wii. It's still collecting dust. On the other hand, they basically restored my faith in them this e3 with their remakes and the 3DS. Then again, i liked Microsoft and Sony's conferences as well... i can't even be a fanboy now :(
My Wii has never collected dust. My DS on the other hand does and often at that.

And it still based on yesterday's conference unfortunately. But the 3DS is looking much better and hopefully dust-free.

Masquerainisthajam
June 16th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Hey, I'm trying to be as non-biased as possible! I'm a fan of both of the gaming giants, that's all!

Timbjerr
June 16th, 2010, 07:43 PM
The two most promising games on that list were announced last year (Golden sun DS and Metroid: Other M)

I do like the return of a classic DKC-style game, and a new Kid Icarus could be fun, but that's about all I like from the show. Overall pretty good though. :P

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Cool yer jets, Luck.

Did anyone notice that Warren Spector didn't say anything the whole time he was on stage?
Call me nuts, but I think the "scaring kids" aspect has been toned down a slight bit.

Zorua
June 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Okay, so from what I'm hearing from all sides, I think I'll be going with Nintendo's E3 presentation, even though I've sort of yet to see it, but I'm going to when I get the chance. All of these remakes that are gonna be on the 3DS actually seem promising and seem to offer quite a fun experience. Looking at the 3DS in itself says a lot to me(I'm looking at the analog stick and what it can actually be used for).

But yeah. I'm just focused on Nintendo as for now; since Sony nor Microsoft don't really have anything that really catch my interests(Probably except Sony's new FF game, though that's gonna be for the PS3 and I don't have a PS3 so....yeah)

Yoshimi
June 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Okay, so from what I'm hearing from all sides, I think I'll be going with Nintendo's E3 presentation, even though I've sort of yet to see it, but I'm going to when I get the chance. All of these remakes that are gonna be on the 3DS actually seem promising and seem to offer quite a fun experience. Looking at the 3DS in itself says a lot to me(I'm looking at the analog stick and what it can actually be used for).

But yeah. I'm just focused on Nintendo as for now; since Sony nor Microsoft don't really have anything that really catch my interests(Probably except Sony's new FF game, though that's gonna be for the PS3 and I don't have a PS3 so....yeah)

IIRC Final Fantasy XIV is also for the PC. But it's an MMO, so it'll waste too much of my time. But maybe it'll be good, so I should take it upon myself to at least check out how this works.

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 10:21 PM
IIRC Final Fantasy XIV is also for the PC. But it's an MMO, so it'll waste too much of my time. But maybe it'll be good, so I should take it upon myself to at least check out how this works.

If you're going to try an MMo in the next year or so, then I'd suggest Star Wars: The Old Republic a lot more than FFXIV. Not to say FFXIV will be a bad game, but SW:TOR seems to be revolutionary in its design for MMO's (every class [8 of them] has a personalized storyline, dialogue choices and other decisions changing story, fully voiced, and much more)

Fox♠
June 17th, 2010, 03:21 AM
What else is in 3D? None of the current generation is in 3D, nor have we seen any of the next generation, bar the 3DS, to say whether or not its in 3D.

When they said the 3DS was in 3D, they meant like if you were to go to a 3D movie, you know, where you typically need 3D glasses. Thats why one of the things they pointed out was that you got "3D without glasses", although we'll see how true that is.

Oh, and one last thing, lets kill the console war please. It was already getting old back in the SNES vs Genesis days.

PS3 has been 3D ready since 2007. And will be operating full 3D before the 3DS is released. The bulk of Sony's first half was about 3D, and half the show was in 3D itself. I'm not trying to knock the 3DS, I actually think it looks promising, but it's not a new concept by any means.

Sparker
June 17th, 2010, 03:35 AM
Sony and Microsoft lame as usual, Sony made a copy from the Wii, in the other hand, Microsoft made an effort and innovate a little more.

The 3DS is as allways from nintendo in the spot!

Fox♠
June 17th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Sony and Microsoft lame as usual, Sony made a copy from the Wii, in the other hand, Microsoft made an effort and innovate a little more.

The 3DS is as allways from nintendo in the spot!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Kinect is just an advanced eyetoy, it's great but it's not really innotive. And Sony didn't copy the wii because you know, Sony's move works and has actual games on it.

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Nintendo Spotlight: My Thoughts

Merged your Sony & Nintendo threads into the main E3 thread.

lx_theo
June 17th, 2010, 05:48 AM
PS3 has been 3D ready since 2007. And will be operating full 3D before the 3DS is released. The bulk of Sony's first half was about 3D, and half the show was in 3D itself. I'm not trying to knock the 3DS, I actually think it looks promising, but it's not a new concept by any means.

Meh, Sony's 3D isn't going to be anywhere near as successful. While its not thats it won't have quality, it will still require glasses and for one to buy a new 3D capable HDTV, which is a lot of money.

June 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Genesis does what Nintendon't!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Kinect is just an advanced eyetoy, it's great but it's not really innotive. And Sony didn't copy the wii because you know, Sony's move works and has actual games on it.
Both are gimmick products that won't see any long term adoption within anything but the casual sector.

lx_theo
June 17th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Both are gimmick products that won't see any long term adoption within anything but the casual sector.

Did you see how they were promoting the Move? Yes it has its casual games, but they seem to have as many hardcore games Move compatible or made for move, like Socom 4 and Killzone 3

Sydian
June 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
That controller design is awful. I would tell you what it looks like, but it'd just be *'d out.

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

You STILL don't own a Sega CD?! What are you gonna do? Wait on Nintendo to make one?

Agreed. And two words: Epic Yarn. Syd. Cannot. Wait. For. That. Game.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
June 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM
>.>

Frikkin' console wars are every where. Nintendo have done pretty well this time I think, mainly because they've brought up all the old franchises. Sure, Kirby, Zelda and Mario might all be repetetive, but let's face it, that's not really the point. The point of them is that they're still fun to play.

Sony's Move might be good, but I could see it running into the same problems as the Wii, in that it could go overly casual. I'm not entirely sure which way it will go tbh, but as it is, it's not drawing my attention much.

And the less said about the Microsoft conference the better.

JakeyBoy
June 17th, 2010, 08:04 AM
You STILL don't own a Sega CD?! What are you gonna do? Wait on Nintendo to make one?You're all forgetting this one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVL3uW9uV4E)
Was anyone else surprized when the 3DS had a resolution only a little bit better than the DS, even though it looks better than the Wii?

Åzurε
June 17th, 2010, 08:28 AM
You're all forgetting this one. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVL3uW9uV4E)
Was anyone else surprized when the 3DS had a resolution only a little bit better than the DS, even though it looks better than the Wii?

Not really. It's not quite up to PSP resolution, but it's a definite improvement. And hey, it's Nintendo. Graphics hasn't been their thing.

JakeyBoy
June 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM
My point was that it looks amazingly stunning even though it is only 400x240. I may have said this already, but when I saw the Kid Icarus video I thought "Wow, that's like 480p or something". Then I did a little image thing to compare the resolutions of the DS, 3DS and Wii, and I was surprized how small it was given the amazing graphics we've seen in trailers and images.

Fox♠
June 17th, 2010, 08:54 AM
My point was that it looks amazingly stunning even though it is only 400x240. I may have said this already, but when I saw the Kid Icarus video I thought "Wow, that's like 480p or something". Then I did a little image thing to compare the resolutions of the DS, 3DS and Wii, and I was surprized how small it was given the amazing graphics we've seen in trailers and images.

I noticed that most of the 3DS stuff looked remarkably better than most Wii games.