PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] What's Your Rival's name?

cadgod120
June 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
I saw a thread on naming the hero/heroine, but what about your rival?

Ever since I saw a rather comedic Let's Play of Gold, I have decided to name my rival...Carl.

PiPVoda
June 1st, 2010, 09:09 AM
I don't know...I might name my rival after an old friend (for old times sake).

Sora's Nobody
June 1st, 2010, 09:10 AM
We dont even know 1) If there will be any rival 2) if the "Rival" is a boy or girl!

mondays suck
June 1st, 2010, 10:33 AM
Some kind of insult, because I'm so incredibly mature. It feels just wrong otherwise.

cadgod120
June 1st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Some kind of insult, because I'm so incredibly mature. It feels just wrong otherwise.

I did that for my rival in SS. I named him A**hole. I couldn't think of anything else :D

Lickeh Lickeh
June 1st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Something witty, normally I do Green; this time I feel like doing something witty.

Talli
June 1st, 2010, 11:30 AM
Don't know yet, will probaby decide when we have the game

Ayselipera
June 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
I might just use the first default name depending on whether it resembles him or not. I actually carefully choose my rival's name. I like to name them by how they look. So, for example in HG/SS I think I may have named Silver Danny once because he looks like a Danny to me. :3

Lilith
June 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hahaha, I don't even know my trainer name yet... Maybe Light, honestly. From username, not for Black/White theme. :x!

So, the rival can be lame ol' Shadow. Or Zack. Names of my past pets. xD

Having a mean female rival would be cool. o__O

Mew~
June 1st, 2010, 12:22 PM
We don't even know what they look like yet LOL
I guess I would name it an offical name like Silver in SS...

Eeohnex
June 1st, 2010, 12:55 PM
I'm probably going to name it after the version of the game: White if I get the White version and Black if I get the Black version, sounds pretty weird but that's what I did on my Soul Silver and Heart Gold.

Flare Riqueza
June 1st, 2010, 01:03 PM
I'll wait until the manga. Whatever they're called in the manga, I'll name them.

That's why I'm "Gold" and rival is "Silver", not Ethan and Heart, in SoulSilver.

I just like the manga names.

However, I may just name them after the partner game.

Colorado Avalanche
June 1st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Anyways. If it is a boy I always name it after one of my best friends or one of my brothers.

I think it's fun. Maybe it will be a girl this time and not boys many times.

cadgod120
June 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm kinda hoping for a girl rival myself. Dawn and Kris don't do much at all. May sucked too.

If that happens, then I can't name her Carl ( although that would be rather funny :D )

Zeta Patchouli
June 1st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Well, since I started HG, I'm going to name them both this:

Hero: Ichigo/Sakura
Rival: Nikolai/Arina

Yeah, for any game, these are the names. Male/Female, yay!

myrrh25
June 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
I vary it a little bit
My name is always named after my real-life name, always.
For mystery dungeon games I pick the friend that I think best suits me as a be-there-for-you-always partner.
For main Pokemon games I pick the friend that I think is the most competitive battler for my rival.

Frozzd
June 1st, 2010, 02:30 PM
DOUCHE. Never "Douche," "douche," or "DoUcHe".

Always DOUCHE.

Rich Boy Rob
June 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
Well for my last few playthroughs I've named the rival (Pearl) Jacob after my friend who still actually likes Pokémon.

Hybrid Theory
June 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM
I'm naming my rival Brad because it's an awesome name. xP

Shiny Shaymin
June 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
I guess I’ll do Murdle… cuz it sounds quite cool. xD

███
June 1st, 2010, 03:22 PM
me rival(if any): trask :)

Kid Coma
June 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM
???

That's his real name, dammit!

Otherwise it's usually just insults.

GrifSpark
June 7th, 2010, 07:28 AM
My rival, huh? At first (Yellow to Ruby) I called him Gary after the Ash's rival in the Anime. But in Pearl and Platinum, I changed it to Thomas. But in SS I called him Spencer, which is what I'll probably call him in B/W. But I might change it like I have done. I'll just have to wait and see.

Elise
June 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM
I always feel like the naming process should be spontaneous! :)

Numbers
June 7th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I'll either just keep the default name, or name him/her after... well I guess if it's a girl I can't name it after my brother haha. If it's a guy I'll name him after my brother, if it's a girl I'll name her Emma.

Okami Chi
June 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I will name him/her Kitsune. (Fox) And I will be Okami. (Wolf)

HaloSonic
June 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM
well, assuming your rival is gonna be your opposite Gender, I'll leave it to default. otherwise, I'll use Shadow.

Starling008
June 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
In HG mine's name is Johnny. It seems every dangerous man is named Johnny(ex. Jack Torrance in The Shining). The G/S, HG/SS rival is by far my favorite out of all the games' rivals.

Doppelgänger
June 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I don't know yet, since we have yet to see the rival's design, and if they are a boy or a girl. Once the design is revealed, I'll make a decision then.

GoldvsRed
June 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Meh, I'll wait for the official names. That way, I can refer to them by those names with minimal confusion!

TFKitFG
June 24th, 2010, 03:55 PM
something I've always done was name myself after the original rival, Gary.. in turn naming my rival Ash. (basically a copy paste of a previous response, but I didn't want either of the threads to feel left out!)

Darkmoonazara
June 24th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Depends what they look like. And whether they are the sam gender or not. If they aren't, I'll name the boy Riku and the girl kasai. otherwise, I'll name male rival Axel and a female rival Larxene.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I can't decide a name for them quite yet. I want to see their appearance and design first.

Jaiyke
June 24th, 2010, 09:31 PM
meh.. depends on the Region
in R/B/Y i was always battling with my Cousin Jomar so the Gary character was always named Jomar... plus mine always been named Jacob
plus, it kinda fit. 5 letters both started with J
in Johto my name changed to JAKE and my rival was Jesse who was an Older friend of mine
he always beat me every time we battled so Beating my Rival with his name was fun xD
in Hoenn my name turned to Jaiyke... well it sucked because you couldnt name them in Hoenn Dx
in Sinnoh the Blonde Helpless fellow got the name of my much Younger Cousin who
i helped through the game his name was Isayah and i am either Jacob or Jaiyke in Sinnoh too... in HG SS i decided to go back to naming my rival Jomar
for Isshu my name with be Jacob/Jaiyke again with Rival being
Boy: Colt a friend of mine who plays Pokemon with me now or
Girl: Rena also a friend of mine who plays Pokemon with me XD

Calder
June 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I'll be Yin and they will be Yang....Nah I'm lying I'm Calder of course and they are Tyson...As it always has been...(Fit perfectly in DPPt though haha)

Azure-Supernova
June 25th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Well let's see... in Red I named him James, in Gold I called him Fudge... I'll probably call em' Dorian for a guy or Calla for a girl...

Logic.

Agent Clank
June 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM
If its a guy rival: Silver (its what i'm calling all my rivals now)
If its a girl rival: Probably there real names (anime/manga names)

skiffz
June 25th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I usually name my rival Lavir (Rival Backwards). Yea I know its lame but I just dont like the names provided.

Daydream
June 25th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'll probably decide when I see their design, but I usually name them Connor/Lewis (the exception bring LG and Yellow where it's always Gary) after my former two main rivals in Pokemon Battling. :3

Lunyka
June 25th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Well if the boy happens to be the rival then I dunno yet.

I might name him Matt due to that being my boyfriend's name and how we used to play pokemon a lot together.

My name ingame will be Kat so no big deal there.

salemboy94
July 3rd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Definitely "Yogurt XD" That was my rival's name in SS, and I've decided I like it. It makes me laugh every time I read it.

xPsychosocial
July 3rd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hm, I'll probably call the rival Jaden or Jagger. If the rival happens to be a girl then I guess it's back to the drawing board.

dragon0fangz
July 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
I just name based on looks. I named Barry Jerry which is weird because it rhymes. I didnt even know he was Barry. I named Silver Garth.
Possible Names:
Guy:
Arthur
Lenny
Quince
Vincent
Girl:
Ariana
Luci
Janna
Diane
Im just thinking here...

Kizerzin
July 3rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Since Im Ryu..I usually name the rival after Street fighter characters since I got alot of jokes about my name back in the day....If its a guy :Akuma or Ken If its a girl : Viper or Cammy

tangvor
July 3rd, 2010, 07:23 AM
Well I've named my character Tangy since Saphire as it applies to either the guy or girl ;]
Then I usually go with some other flavor for my rival depending on their personality.
Like in HG/SS the rival was always so mad when he lost and when I think mad I think Spicy :]

Faline
July 3rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
I always chose names that are both for male and female so it's not a problem with me. :3

Kanto_Johto
July 3rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Well, basically:

http://www.vgcats.com/super/images/080428.gif

superpika237
July 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Either Gutsman, just for saying "DU NUUUUUU" every time I battle him/her, or one of the default names depending on what they are.

beca
July 3rd, 2010, 05:00 PM
I named mine ♪ xD the symbols just looked cool. I chose the smiley face as my own name http://i49.tinypic.com/2db4j9e.png

Le Creep!
July 3rd, 2010, 11:40 PM
Sash; because I used to have a hardcore, fully EPIC neighbor, because Silver is hardcore and fully EPIC.

yufang
July 4th, 2010, 12:13 AM
I might name him/her Blue after the girl in Pokemon Adventures Manga( or after the rival's name in the introduction to the Official HG SS Guide )