PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

jespoke
June 27th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Speaking of a UMC, what do you guys think about ultimate challenges now? Will BW and B2W2 both have to be included because they're so different? Or just pick one out of the 4? I never do ultimates, but I'd like to know y'alls opinion.

I really think doing just 1 is fine, simply because all the pokemon in the new games are also in earlier games, giving it no new pokemon to use. And it seems half the game of B2W2 is in the same routes and cities as BW anyway.

Im back to do some challenges in my summer break that started today XD
Sorry i havn't updated in ages, i had exams and other stuff :/

Alli
June 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I wanna get on with my Pick Up and Play challenge, but I don't have anything I can use to play my copy of Red and I can't run my emulator. :( I should have just switched the order of my games, but I'm going away for a week soon so it's not like I'd have time to play anyway. Hurrrr. ;;

And before I get out my obligatory "I can't wait for my copy of Black 2 to get here" now that there's assist, regular, and challenge mode, when we put up challenges that are either for or include B2W2, we should make sure we start specifying our mode! I'm glad there's a challenge mode. It looks good, but not TOO hard and I can't wait to get on it. :D

jdthebud
June 29th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I wanna get on with my Pick Up and Play challenge, but I don't have anything I can use to play my copy of Red and I can't run my emulator. :( I should have just switched the order of my games, but I'm going away for a week soon so it's not like I'd have time to play anyway. Hurrrr. ;;

And before I get out my obligatory "I can't wait for my copy of Black 2 to get here" now that there's assist, regular, and challenge mode, when we put up challenges that are either for or include B2W2, we should make sure we start specifying our mode! I'm glad there's a challenge mode. It looks good, but not TOO hard and I can't wait to get on it. :D
Um, Assist, normal and challenge mode? what's that? A difficulty slider?

IWearHatsIndoors
June 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a challenge idea. You should bring it up in CI&D sometime! k done advertising my forums lol

Well, I think I was told to go here! Please tell me if I'm wrong

When B/W2 will be released, I will be going to the nearest card shop and buying a booster pack of Pokemon cards. I will then have to use those specific monster cards through the whole game. I've come up with SOME rules for this type of game
1) If you find a pokemon (For example a Krokorok) You can catch the prevolution to evolve it. However, you would not be allowed to evolve Krokorok to Krookodile
2) You are allowed to use your starter up until you catch your first Pokemon. After you get your first pokemon you are not allowed to use your starter (Unless you get your starter in your booster pack)
3) If you get a Pokemon which is uncatchable in the game, you are allowed to get it by trading an egg or a Pokemon less than level 10.

Now, I need some help from you guys. I'd like to find a rule for legendaries, since getting one would pretty much make you get one less pokemon, and I'd also like to think of rules for Energies and Trainer cards, or would getting an Energy/Trainer leave you down a pokemon?
Also, I'd like to christen this with an appropriate name. Please give me feedback! And thank you!

Alli
June 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM
For legendaries, I mean, it's a big reward to find one in a booster pack, so I think they should be allowed. :o As for Energies and Trainers, I can't really think of anything. There are so many Trainer cards that if you tried to do something that corresponds to that card, it'd take you forever and a day to list them all. I guess you'd just be down a Pokemon? ;( Or, in the case of Energies, consider it a "wild card" and you get to pick a Pokemon of that type. But the Trainer cards are just so varied, it's hard to come up with a standard for them.

Also, for people that don't want to buy booster packs or just can't, but have cards, perhaps shuffle a bunch of them together and draw 6? Cause I find this challenge really interesting and cool, but I don't feel like buying booster packs just for the sake of it. But then you have to take in to account how people will put in legendaries and such to shuffle in and that could be a problem. ;( I probably wouldn't...I have a ton of decks I used to battle with and could easily use those, or get my sister to select about 30 cards from my book, shuffle them, and have me draw from it.

Also, I think it'd be cool if you require certain moves. Like some cards actually have a real attack on the card for the Pokemon to use, and if you have one like that, you have to use that move/those moves? Or make it totally optional. Haha, sorry I'm like...giving you so much lol. I just really love this idea for a challenge and wish I had thought of it myself. ;P

Edit: random names for the challenge blahhh

Booster Pack Challenge
Random TCG Challenge

mamoswineftw
June 29th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Well, I think I was told to go here! Please tell me if I'm wrong

When B/W2 will be released, I will be going to the nearest card shop and buying a booster pack of Pokemon cards. I will then have to use those specific monster cards through the whole game. I've come up with SOME rules for this type of game
1) If you find a pokemon (For example a Krokorok) You can catch the prevolution to evolve it. However, you would not be allowed to evolve Krokorok to Krookodile
2) You are allowed to use your starter up until you catch your first Pokemon. After you get your first pokemon you are not allowed to use your starter (Unless you get your starter in your booster pack)
3) If you get a Pokemon which is uncatchable in the game, you are allowed to get it by trading an egg or a Pokemon less than level 10.

Now, I need some help from you guys. I'd like to find a rule for legendaries, since getting one would pretty much make you get one less pokemon, and I'd also like to think of rules for Energies and Trainer cards, or would getting an Energy/Trainer leave you down a pokemon?
Also, I'd like to christen this with an appropriate name. Please give me feedback! And thank you!

I would love to do this with the original Red/Blue and maybe Gold/Silver, since I just found my ancient pretty much complete set of cards rom then. So, like Sydian mentioned, could we do this by randomly drawing 6 (or whatever number we like greater than 3) cards from a shuffled set.

To be honest, it sounds very much like the random pokemon challenge (which uses a generator), except the part where you use your own decks of cards. For sheer nostalgia's sake I'd love to do something like this.

11wildy
June 30th, 2012, 01:28 AM
If you find a shiny in a monotype run, would you guys use it or not? Just asking, since I would definitely use it, even if it wasn't my type.

IWearHatsIndoors
June 30th, 2012, 01:52 AM
For legendaries, I mean, it's a big reward to find one in a booster pack, so I think they should be allowed. :o As for Energies and Trainers, I can't really think of anything. There are so many Trainer cards that if you tried to do something that corresponds to that card, it'd take you forever and a day to list them all. I guess you'd just be down a Pokemon? ;( Or, in the case of Energies, consider it a "wild card" and you get to pick a Pokemon of that type. But the Trainer cards are just so varied, it's hard to come up with a standard for them.

Also, for people that don't want to buy booster packs or just can't, but have cards, perhaps shuffle a bunch of them together and draw 6? Cause I find this challenge really interesting and cool, but I don't feel like buying booster packs just for the sake of it. But then you have to take in to account how people will put in legendaries and such to shuffle in and that could be a problem. ;( I probably wouldn't...I have a ton of decks I used to battle with and could easily use those, or get my sister to select about 30 cards from my book, shuffle them, and have me draw from it.

Also, I think it'd be cool if you require certain moves. Like some cards actually have a real attack on the card for the Pokemon to use, and if you have one like that, you have to use that move/those moves? Or make it totally optional. Haha, sorry I'm like...giving you so much lol. I just really love this idea for a challenge and wish I had thought of it myself. ;P

Edit: random names for the challenge blahhh

Booster Pack Challenge
Random TCG Challenge

Well, I'm thinking that Booster Pack Challenge seems pretty cool (And It makes me feel stupid that I couldn't think of that >.>). So I'll just refer to it as that now!

I'm thinking with the energy cards, you are allowed to get one basic Pokemon from that type, but you can't evolve it. The reason I quite like this idea is that most challenges limit you to 6 Pokemon, whereas with this you can get up to 11 (I think so anyway). So you can have a CHOICE!

Well, I think that if you didn't want to buy cards (and just wanted to be BORING) you could just pick some cards at random.
The problem with the move sort of thing, is that there are some moves in TCG which arent on the game, so I think that if you can get a move as cllose as possible to the one on the card then that is how you should do it!
YAY! IT LOOKS BETTER NOW!

Alli
June 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM
If you find a shiny in a monotype run, would you guys use it or not? Just asking, since I would definitely use it, even if it wasn't my type.

If it were my type I would. If not, I would catch it and save it to be trained later. :)

Well, I think that if you didn't want to buy cards (and just wanted to be BORING) you could just pick some cards at random.
The problem with the move sort of thing, is that there are some moves in TCG which arent on the game, so I think that if you can get a move as cllose as possible to the one on the card then that is how you should do it!

Well I meant like, if on the off chance you do pull a card where the Pokemon knows a move in the actual game, you could use that. So if you pull an Emboar with Flamethrower, you have to use Flamethrower. But if you pull Petilil with Ram, that's not a real move so you obviously would be exempted from having to use the attack on the card. Does that make more sense? Haha.

Alli
June 30th, 2012, 09:58 AM

If it were my type I would. If not, I would catch it and save it to be trained later. :)

Well I meant like, if on the off chance you do pull a card where the Pokemon knows a move in the actual game, you could use that. So if you pull an Emboar with Flamethrower, you have to use Flamethrower. But if you pull Petilil with Ram, that's not a real move so you obviously would be exempted from having to use the attack on the card. Does that make more sense? Haha.

jespoke
June 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Id say you can catch it, but not use it in that case. I would imediately trade it over to my storage games and train it there

Gulpin
June 30th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I really like the idea of the booster pack challenge. It seems really fun; like a cross between the TCG Challenge and the Random Pokemon Challenge. Also, it seems like it would make a really good challenge and it seems like we haven't had many good challenge ideas lately.

Also, about the shiny in the monotype: I wouldn't use it. I would either save it for later or, if you find it early enough in-game (like before the first gym), I would just change types so it could be a member of the team.

11wildy
July 1st, 2012, 02:31 AM
Well, then I better hope for a Poisoon type shiny in Crystal. Too bad I won't be able to migrate it to later games then. ALso, it's on emulator >.< Well, I'm getting this strange feeling I will get a shiny anytime soon :o

Alli
July 1st, 2012, 05:32 AM
^ And THAT is the reason I never do challenges on emulators. :)

11wildy
July 1st, 2012, 11:48 PM
Well, emulators do play a lot faster, mainly useful for grinding. It's hell to grind up a SPINARAK WITHOUT SPEED BOOSTING EMULATORS!

vaporeon7
July 2nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Finding a shiny whilst doing a challenge on an emulator is also a fear of mine. To have that luck wasted...

jespoke
July 4th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I just read that B2W2 has achievements for beating the E4 monotype or solo :D One for each type and and one for getting them all

11wildy
July 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I could use some help here:

I am battling Steven's Metagross on Pokemon Ruby. It's the last Pokemon away from beating my monopoison challenge.

My team:
Level 49 Roselia@Miracle seed
Leech seed
Toxic
Magical leaf
Growth

Level 52 Dustox@Lax Incense
Silver wind
Toxic
Giga drain
Double team

Level 51 Swalot
Sludge bomb
Shock wave
Shadow ball
Ice beam

And 3 HM slaves. Who are currently dead anyway.

Notable items:
19x Revive
3x Max Ether
37x Full Heal
26x Full Restore
1x Max Revive
6x Leppa berry

The Metagross has gotten an attack boost from Meteor mash and kills every of my Pokemon in 1 hit. The only way out from that is a Meteor Mash miss or Lax Incense hax. But I'm afraid I will run out of items before I can Leech seed him for some stalling. How can I even use Leech seed when it will Earthquake on my Roselia?

ANY HELP ON THIS? PLEASE?

Argentum-Zeena
July 4th, 2012, 07:55 AM
^I wish I could help, but I can't think of anything :/ All I've got is somehow using Double Team on Dustox to make MM more likely miss.

I've got this idea for a challenge, but I'm not sure how interesting it would be. You would have to have a team (minimum is three pokemon, not counting slaves) consisting of the same pokemon. Like, a team of nothing but Persians. The goal of it would be to raise all of them as differently as possible, giving you some sort of variety. So choosing a pokemon that can learn lots of different TKs.

11wildy
July 4th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Dustox is not able to outspeed Metagross, so that wont help. Anything else that could work? :x

chaos11011
July 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Is this a Monotyped Nuzlocke? If not, just lose on purpose and just grind some more. If so, the best I can tell you is pray for the Lax Incence hax and go for another Double Team.

11wildy
July 4th, 2012, 11:03 AM
well its not a nuzlocke, but I kind of dont want to waste anymore time with the challenge. it took me too much already. xd

Halfcadence
July 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
ANY HELP ON THIS? PLEASE?

I don't know what move you would want to replace for it, if any, but maybe you could teach Swalot Earthquake for some x2 goodness? You get the TM in Seafloor Cavern. You could also get your hands on a Weezing and teach it Flamethrower, but you said you don't want to waste any more time. Weezing would come with the added bonus of Levitate so Metagross' Earthquake wouldn't hit. Pus he's super defensive bulky which would help against Meteor Mash and Hyper Beam.

11wildy
July 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Sadly, Swalot does not learn Earthquake. The original plan was to have Roselia Leech seed him, then stall. Did not work though xd It will when I grinded more. Thanks for the suggestions!

Halfcadence
July 4th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Oops, yeah, my bad. He can learn it in Gen IV on.

11wildy
July 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I also had 8 rare candies in bag, so I restarted, gave them to Roselia and Leech seed stalled him. DONE MONOTYPE POISON IN HOENN! Now I started mono bug in Jotho, I just beat Bugsy and caught a Heracross!

warlockryu
July 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
You may only use pokemon which you recieve outside of battle (i.e. starter, fossil).
HM slaves may be caught but can never be used in battle.
No hacking.
No tutors & no interaction with any NPC that would affect a pokemon in your party in any way (i.e. hair-stylist in GSC, move deleter, move relearner).
No breeding.
No items (from berries to pokeballs to TMs to potions) & no equippable items.
No trading & No ingame trades.

[Additional: No pokemon from any game corner.]
[Additional: You can only battle with two pokemon in the entire game.]
[Additional: No grinding. Your pokemon must max at the level of the next gym or equivalent until you surpass them.]
[Additional: No in-battle switching.]
[Additional: Pokemon may only have moves that are either NORMAL-type or share a type with the pokemon.]
[Additional: Pokemon may each have only one useable move.]
[Additional: Pokemon may never have a move replaced.]
[Additional: No wild battles.]
[Additional: No trainer battles that you can avoid.]
[Additional: No status-inflicting moves.]
[Additional: No battle pokemon of the following types: Normal, Ghost, Ground, Dark, Steel, Flying.]
[Additional: No pokemon or moves of the following type: Steel, Dragon, Poison, Grass, Water, Fire, Rock, Ghost.] {In this case, a starter may be excused or replaced immediately with the first pokemon obtained from outside of battle.}

Alli
July 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
You mean a gift challenge? Could swear we had one before. Though I dislike all the restrictions. I know it's supposed to be a challenge, but still, some of those take the fun out of it, even though things like move tutors are late into games, like in HGSS.

11wildy
July 9th, 2012, 12:31 AM
How about a route challenge? You choose a route or location and only use Pokemon found there. (but you can hack them in earlyer, or catch them earlyer) As an additional rule you could only use items found on that route (and Pokeballs, if there is no kind of them on the chosen route).

thenickel09
July 9th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Boy has it been a while since I've been here.

(Sorry to those who signed up for my challenge, life got a little crazy-busy and I didn't think I could run a challenge, probably should have kept that in mind prior to starting. This probably isn't a sufficient apology and I will go back into my lurking corner for another 3 months)

Anything new going on? Was thinking of doing a relatively easy challenge to get me back in the swing of things, any recs, o wonderful members of the challenge forum?

11wildy
July 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Monotypes are always great, and a Nuzlocke is not too difficult either. The standard ones would be the easyest I suppose. Go for a monotype ;D

Alli
July 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Would anyone be interested in a plushie challenge? Like, you use a team based off of the Pokemon plushies you have. There would be other things I'd add in or make optional, but that's essentially the idea. idk how many of you guys actually have plushies though haha. I have a ton and have a big variety to choose from. :P

11wildy
July 10th, 2012, 09:33 AM
That would be an Oddish solo run then! :D I also suspect a lot of Pikachu and Jigglypuffs. It's a nice idea though :)

Alli
July 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I realized that haha. Kill two birds with one stone and do a solo run as well I suppose. ;) I was also thinking of having a gift function. Those with a lot of plushies could "give" one to another challenger that doesn't have many. Like if I chose 6 out of my...almost 20 plushies, I could "give" the others away. Or something. It would be optional though, cause I imagine some people would love to do a solo plushie challenge. btw I just got a Snivy plushie yesterday eeeee

- Zero -
July 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
It'd be interesting ... shame I don't have any ... (I'm allergic :( )
Anyhow, I just got back here on PC and I feel like doing a challenge, any suggestions?

vaporeon7
July 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I only have five plushies, and one of them is a legendary Pokémon, but I would still do that challenge because it seems like lots of fun!

Mine are Lugia, Lickilicky, Vaporeon, Hoppip and Mudkip btw

Alli
July 10th, 2012, 06:33 PM
5 would work, as would legendaries! Show of the fluff power you have. ;) And use however many you want of course. Zero, you should enter a random challenge. Or scramble. Something weird to get you going. And enter Pick Up and Play challenge!

- Zero -
July 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I wish I had a plush ... Could gachapon figurines be allowed? (I mean those things are cheap ...)

11wildy
July 11th, 2012, 12:54 AM
If you gave me some plushies then Sydian, I would probably join ;3 As long as I can still make it a monopoison :3

Alli
July 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I was thinking of allowing figurines, though I think it should be a separate challenge. Cause they're just really different imo. Also, I had to lock the Nuzlocke thread due to the OP being banned. A sad day in Challenges, it is. :(

Oh and Wildy, the only Poison type plushie I have is a Croagunk that I wanna get rid of lol. It's just SO ugly and it's not even made of nice material. It's made of that crappy weird material, it's not soft, fuzzy, cute, or cuddly...I have high plushie standards apparently. I have plenty to give for Grass though. Snivy, Treecko, Grovyle, Petilil (...WELL I think I would be using that), Cherrim, Cherubi...I think that's it haha. Oh, and I have an Eevee, which if you evolve it into Leafeon, then well, there ya go. I think I'd make evolving optional, because most plushies are the base form of the line and trust me, NFE challenges are awful lol.

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Even though I said that, I don't even have figurines ... (they're random though)
But I guess a lot of people would like this challenge

Alli
July 11th, 2012, 08:16 AM
That's okay. If I put in the give feature, then I will have plenty of plushies for people to choose from. :) I can't be the only one that has plushies...lol.

11wildy
July 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Hmm Croagunk isn't available on leafgreen :3. And uh, I already did a grass monotype on Black. I suppose I won't join the fun then :( UNLESS you got some other fnu things? :3

vaporeon7
July 11th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I guess I'd do my challenge on SoulSilver, as 4/5 of mine are available on there (and I could either just have a team of 4 or trade in Mudkip). Otherwise I could just use the three available and do it on Silver or Crystal.

jdthebud
July 11th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Also, I had to lock the Nuzlocke thread due to the OP being banned. A sad day in Challenges, it is. :(

A sad day indeed! What did Karpman do?

I would make the new thread, but I'm not sure I could actually participate, lol.

Alli
July 11th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Not allowed to discuss bans, I'm afraid. But I mean, if anyone wants to do a Nuzlocke and can keep up with the thread, please make one. I'm not allowing just any thread to go through though. A popular challenge like that needs someone capable of keeping up with it and having the rules nice, neat, and clear, not nubby or stupid. I get SO many threads to approve that are essentially nuzlockes, but I don't approve them cause we had a nuzlocke and even if we didn't, at the time, it was just crappily put together. But you guys would know that if you read the unapproved challenge thread lol.

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
What exactly do you mean by nubby?
And just out of curiosity, why do every Ultimate challenge have to be played in Generation Order :( ?

thenickel09
July 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Methinks that I should do a Scramble Nuzlocke. On Obnoxiously Hard Difficult Critical Mode with 1 HP /shot

CI&D, give me a team D:< nothing too harsh though :B

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Methinks that I should do a Scramble Nuzlocke. On Obnoxiously Hard Difficult Critical Mode with 1 HP /shot

CI&D, give me a team D:< nothing too harsh though :B
On what game?
Either way, use the starter, if you want a handicap, it can't use STAB moves (or evolve) your choice :3

thenickel09
July 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'll do it on Ruby, it my game of choice for challenges.

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Then I hope u liek Mudkipz
But, ain't your copy of Ruby used-up with the Duo Species Challenge (and two no less)?

thenickel09
July 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Then I hope u liek Mudkipz
But, ain't your copy of Ruby used-up with the Duo Species Challenge (and two no less)?

That, is precisely what emulators are for.

Alli
July 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Go join the actual challenge to get a team, hun. And nubby is basically...stupid. When I say "I don't want it to be nubby" I mean "I don't want it to be stupid" lol.

Example of nubby challenge thread:

"hi me and my friends were playing pokemon one time and decided it would be cool/tough to release our pokemon if they fainted so you guys should try it too. okay good luck."

Also, once I finish White, I will start the Plushie Challenge probably. Eeeeee.

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Wee!
Speaking of challenges, what are you guys' favorite challenges (if any)?
Just outta curiosity

Alli
July 11th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I really like challenges that have me use Pokemon I've never used or would never think to use, so that's things like random and scramble. I also like my pick up and play challenge. If you're in a mood to play Pokemon, but can't decided which, why not play each one on different days? I find it can rekindle your fire for a game. I went on a HG spree after playing it for my recent PU&P challenge. Also things like the plushie challenge I'm gonna make, and the ever so popular Ones That Got Away. Just things that aren't the normal thing, really. And I find the events I make to be fun too. Y'all might not though lol. ;(

- Zero -
July 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM
:3
They are fun, Syd
I kinda like more strategical ones (such as Nuzlocke or Solo run) in which you have to be more careful with your actions

thenickel09
July 11th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Duo-Species. All the way.

As for why: I don't really know. I thought a solo run put too much emphasis on training one Pokemon, and I don't like doing that. Its like a nooby trainer who plays the game for the first time and only uses their starter cause they're stupid. I thought that two would be just as hard of a challenge, because you now have to split the exp, and have to pick Pokemon with good type coverage so that you don't get bumrushed by a gym leader. Plus, its relatively quick to finish.
(lol, says the guy who has three going on right now /shot)

And nix the whole Scramble Nuzlocke, I'm gonna do a Triple Threat Duo-Species that I still have to finish.

And the monotype, being the first challenge I ever attempted, will always be a close second.

jdthebud
July 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
And just out of curiosity, why do every Ultimate challenge have to be played in Generation Order :( ?

Actually, my monocolor thread doesn't require that! :D

My favorite challenge probably is the monotype, but I agree with Sydian. Right now, I'm trying to do challenges that let me use Pokemon I haven't used before, unless they completely suck, lol.

11wildy
July 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I completely love monotyping, but nuzlocke is cool too. Including the monotype evo = death rule where I couldn't hold up evolution ;3 Needed a lot of strategy and luck for that!

Edit: Just found this in the solo run challenge thread:

Glacia, Alot of switching into groudon to put up sun for a turn while she put up the hail. Frustrating, but easy

But if you do that, what's the point of a solo challenge? If you use TWO Pokemon in the battle?

Halfcadence
July 12th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I'm partial to the Mono challenges. They're not necessarily much more challenging than a regular run, but it puts certain restrictions into effect that makes putting together a team with as much coverage as possible that much more of a puzzle. Not gonna lie, my favorite part of doing a run is planning out my entire team beforehand, and these challenges not only encourage that, but almost make it necessary. I like having control over what I use.

vaporeon7
July 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I love planning out teams for challenges. I always plan out teams and movesets before hand. I guess that is why I like challenges like mono rather than Nuzlocke.

- Zero -
July 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Speaking of planning movesets, I'm gonna do a solo with Sableye (on Leaf Green)
Any moveset suggestions?

jdthebud
July 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Any moveset suggestions?
shadow ball and faint attack seem obvious. others...Calm Mind is good, then maybe Psychic or Shock Wave or something. If you want to use Attack, Brick Break is a good move too.

thenickel09
July 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I'm nearing the end of my Duo-Species run on Ruby, and am in need of two new combatants and would love input from you guys. Dino and Shade are having trouble in the Elite Four though.

(Venusaur and Bannette have poor type coverage in the Hoenn Elite Four /shrug)

vaporeon7
July 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Any moveset suggestions?

Use Shadow Ball and Brick Break definitely, it has perfect type coverage.

In other news, I got a new plushie that I could use for the challenge; Togekiss.

11wildy
July 13th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I would suggest Shadow ball, Brick break, Faint attack and Toxic. Because stab + coverage + status move kills everything :D

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Looks like Karpman is free! But he doesn't really frequent the Challenge forum anymore, so I think I'll keep the Nuzlocke thread locked and allow for a new one. That one ran its course long enough I think. Though I'm going to be quite picky with it tbh. I want it to look nice and be run by someone that I think is capable of keeping up with it. Good thing I'm not so picky with other challenges, right? lol or am i

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hola, since we no longer have a Duo-Species forum I'm posting here that my Venusaur/Banette run is complete.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/thenickel09/PokemonRubyDSC3Win.pnghttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/thenickel09/PokemonRubyDSC3Win2.pnghttp://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j410/thenickel09/PokemonRubyDSC3Win3.png

Final Movesets:

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/354.gif

Shade the Mild Banette (F) - Level 72
-Shock Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Faint Attack
-Destiny Bond

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/003.gif

Dino the Careful Venusaur (M) - Level 70
-Razor Leaf
-SolarBeam
-Sludge Bomb
-Petal Dance

Overall, Venusaur was MVP until late game when Banette started raepin' everything in sight gaining me huge victories.
Next Team is Undecided/Undecided!

^Pics or it didn't happen !!1!11!!!

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
We don't? OOOOPS. Thought we still had it. Ruh roh. Now I hope that when I unapproved those other ones that it was still around when I did. Those people probably think I'm a huge dick now, lol.

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
We don't? OOOOPS. Thought we still had it. Ruh roh. Now I hope that when I unapproved those other ones that it was still around when I did. Those people probably think I'm a huge dick now, lol.

Bahaha, we do but it's from '11, and I don't feel like necroposting to revive the thread.

/shrugs
/gets brownie points for knowing rules :D

I could start one if you want.

vaporeon7
July 13th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I could make the Nuzlocke challenge thread, but my updates would be really slow. If you need one, you can ask me.

Also was Banette's Destiny Bond a lifesaver? Because Destiny Bond on my Vespiquen saved my in my flying mono in Diamond.

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, if it's from 11 then don't post in it haha. This section has a two month revival rule. But yeeeah now I feel bad. XD Now we need a new duo-species challenge!!

Vappy, if you wanna make one, go ahead. I just want it to look nice and be run by someone that can keep up with it, and I'm sure you can. It's okay if your updates are slow. Mine are like that when I make challenges, haha. They end up falling into inactivity though and I forget cause no one else updates either. :( I need to play Red for Pick Up and Play soon.

- Zero -
July 13th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I wish I had motivation :(
Ehh, what challenge should I do?

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
-whistles- Pick up and play challenge is pretty fun. -whistle whistle- ;3 Wish more people did it. It's not like hard. I think the hardest thing about it is remembering to do it. lol

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Also was Banette's Destiny Bond a lifesaver? Because Destiny Bond on my Vespiquen saved my in my flying mono in Diamond.

YES. Got rid of Steven's Metagross.

-whistles- Pick up and play challenge is pretty fun. -whistle whistle- ;3 Wish more people did it. It's not like hard. I think the hardest thing about it is remembering to do it. lol
lol shameless plug. now approve my thread D:<

- Zero -
July 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
@Syd Joined it, happy now?
Now, what challenge did you guys think it was the hardest. ever.
(Message supported by curiosity and boredom)

Halfcadence
July 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not sure how much of a splash I've made around here reputation-wise, but I'd be willing to take on the Nuzlocke thread. I was thinking of doing a run anyways. I'm definitely on here enough to keep it updated, even if my post count doesn't reflect that. I guess I'll take a crack at creating the thread and you can approve or deny it at your discretion, Sydian? Of course, if vaporeon still want to do it, he takes precedence 'cause he kind of called dibs lol.

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 02:36 PM
NICKEL any thread with Petilil is my friend. lol

Hardest challenge was Christian challenge. No evolving is AWFUL. No vitamins either. And no Dark, Psychic, or Ghost type Pokemon or moves...it was AWFUL. I evolved them all after I finished it, gave them new moves, and migrated them to HeartGold haha. They deserved it.

HuggerMugger, if Vappy doesn't wanna do it, then feel free to make a thread for it. Just wait and see if he does it first though or says anything else about it, since he already brought it up. :)

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 02:40 PM
NICKEL any thread with Petilil is my friend. lol

Hardest challenge was Christian challenge. No evolving is AWFUL. No vitamins either. And no Dark, Psychic, or Ghost type Pokemon or moves...it was AWFUL. I evolved them all after I finished it, gave them new moves, and migrated them to HeartGold haha. They deserved it.

HuggerMugger, if Vappy doesn't wanna do it, then feel free to make a thread for it. Just wait and see if he does it first though or says anything else about it, since he already brought it up. :)

You're welcome, Syd. I like the name change of CI&D. lol.

Oh, and I'm probably going to edit out the challengers part and just have the champions because then the thread will be much less cluttered.

Alli
July 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Yes, you can has thread title! Haha. And yeah, I usually only list champions, except with events cause sometimes I decided "EH everyone can has emblem."

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Yes, you can has thread title! Haha. And yeah, I usually only list champions, except with events cause sometimes I decided "EH everyone can has emblem."

Just making sure its A-OK with you. Thanks for the quick response.

Now I'm gonna turn into you and write a shameless plug for the Duo-Species challenge. (Cwutididthar) And check out rule #1. Its da bomb.

- Zero -
July 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
What rule?
Thread ain't showing just not yet
Anywhoozle, I still need a challenge to fill my BW² slot, any suggestions?
(Can't be solo or monotype)

thenickel09
July 13th, 2012, 03:31 PM
What rule?
Thread ain't showing just not yet
Anywhoozle, I still need a challenge to fill my BW² slot, any suggestions?
(Can't be solo or monotype)
Maybe I'm the only one who can see it cause I'm better than you the author.

How about a Duo-Species run once the thread opens o: Genius!

- Zero -
July 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who can see it cause I'm better than you the author.

How about a Duo-Species run once the thread opens o: Genius!

Actually it's open, it was me that's dumb and missed it '-_-
Sure, why not?

thenickel09
July 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Actually it's open, it was me that's dumb and missed it '-_-
Sure, why not?

Yay, people signin up! This is much better than last time!

Me thinks that the challenges forum should have an irc channel (just sayin) <_<

Sorry for double posting /shot

In other news:
http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=Xb9ee9lWSbg&feature=related best thing to listen to during any epic battle because so epic!

Alli
July 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Me thinks that the challenges forum should have an irc channel (just sayin) <_<

I have been thinking about starting one for a while now. Once I like...figure out what to do, maybe I'll get to making one. ;) And btw don't double post. Just edit what else you wanna say into your last post. I'll merge those, just edit it next time you have this situation. :)

thenickel09
July 14th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I have been thinking about starting one for a while now. Once I like...figure out what to do, maybe I'll get to making one. ;) And btw don't double post. Just edit what else you wanna say into your last post. I'll merge those, just edit it next time you have this situation. :)

But I said I was sorry D:<

Lol, I just think it'd be a good idea.

Oh btw Syd, did you check out my thread for your special challenge : D

Alli
July 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Yes! haha, Love it. :) Even the blinding lime green text. idk why but every time I see that color, I think of candy, so it makes me happy and idc that it hurts my eyes lmao.

- Zero -
July 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Pokemon Clubs have one, so we can have one too :3

Alli
July 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Lots of forums have one haha. Trade Corner does, I'm usually in there. When I get home from work tomorrow (don't have time tonight, sorry) I will work on it. :)

thenickel09
July 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Lots of forums have one haha. Trade Corner does, I'm usually in there. When I get home from work tomorrow (don't have time tonight, sorry) I will work on it. :)

(y) thenickel09 likes this.

In other news, I was listening to game music and realized something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2KNaKmNQM&feature=related

This song can be played at the end of every Nuzlocke run :''( /all of my feels

vaporeon7
July 16th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I've added the chatroom to my auto-join list on Colloquy!

Also it seems that the Pick up and play challenge is starting to become part of my morning routine.

KadabraK
July 18th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Perhaps a challenge where you take the uh..first 6 letters from your forum name, find pokemon that fit in that category (fully evolved ones), and use those in your run?

for example: kadabr

Kanghaskhan
Alakazam
Dugtrio
Arcanine
Blastoise
Raichu

Could use a nickname or your real name instead of forum name to make it easier, simpler, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone has came up with this, but it could be called "The Name Challenge". I wouldn't mind hosting it. The same concept could be used on all 5 regions and make it an ultimate challenge as well.

Thoughts?

Format could be something like
Name you're going by (min. 4 letters, max. 6):
Games:

And just update your progress, etc.

NVM: Found the one I actually suggested! I'll have to take the challenge sometime. So I guess it wasn't a suggestion, haha.

11wildy
July 18th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I think this has been done before.. So yeah, what would I have to use with "1"? :3

KadabraK
July 18th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I think this has been done before.. So yeah, what would I have to use with "1"? :3

Well, ignore the 11, and just use wildy.

I don't know if it's been done before or not, I don't see a topic about it so I think it has potential.

Only issue is with people who have extremely hard names for finding pokemon, but I can't think of anything that would be difficult.

I lied.. I found the thing and here I thought I had a great idea! Shout out to InfernoRogue I guess, haha. It's called The Username Challenge, no wonder I didn't recognize it.

vaporeon7
July 19th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Well, ignore the 11, and just use wildy.

I don't know if it's been done before or not, I don't see a topic about it so I think it has potential.

Only issue is with people who have extremely hard names for finding pokemon, but I can't think of anything that would be difficult.

I lied.. I found the thing and here I thought I had a great idea! Shout out to InfernoRogue I guess, haha. It's called The Username Challenge, no wonder I didn't recognize it.

Yeah, I've completed it before, twice I think even. It was/is a pretty popular challenge.

Alli
July 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Guys, just so you know, if you stop by the irc chat and notice I'm not there or I'm not talking or I'm just asleep, feel free to still stick around. Or if you've stopped by and not bothered staying cause it's not active, that's just how irc can be sometimes. I'm in an active tradecorner chat and even it gets inactive. But to increase activity in there, it does help if you join the chat and actually stick around. I made this for you guys, and it makes me a little sad that I've only seen a few of you in there, and not even for that long. :(

vaporeon7
July 20th, 2012, 04:39 AM
When I have Colloquy open, I'll always be on it, just idle, but I'll gladly talk if pinged (just write Vaporeon7 or Vapor or Vaporeon or Vappy, etc). I think we just need to build up regular visitors there.

Alli
July 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, but most regulars haven't been in there. It's mostly been other mods (they probably feel bad for me having a dead irc lol) and some non-challenge regulars, and that makes me sad. :(

11wildy
July 21st, 2012, 12:06 AM
Well, when I tried it it somehow didn't work and going on holiday tomorrow, so I might need a new challenge to do. Or a fun type for leafgreen. Any suggestions? :D

Alli
July 22nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Did you click the link? And then type in a nickname? And hmm. I'm having fun with my monocolor. You should try that if you haven't already! Pink monocolor! ;)

Perrie ✿
July 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
So Nuzlocke's challenges aren't really that hard. ): even tho i was down to one pokemon at one point. Since I'll be done with that one pretty soon, anyone got any suggestions of challenges I should do next? n_n

darkpokeball
July 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
Objective:
After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
and is only to help decide your custom rules.

Rules/How to Play:
--You will get four questions. Each of them has an
A,B,C, or D choice. Answer each then open the spoiler tag
to find out what your custom rules are for the REC.

--You are not allowed to spin trade, trade, hack, or recieve
any assistance from other games(Unless permission is given by
either rule or darkpokeball)

--The following games are banned from the challenge:
Original Red, Original Blue, Black 2, White 2

--If you are using HG/SS, then you may not use the
PokeWalker until you beat the challenge.

--When the challenge is beaten:
Yellow: Beat the E4.Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
FireRed/Leafgreen: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
G/S/C/HG/SS: Beat the E4. Extra: Beat Red.
R/S/E: Beat Steven. Extra: Beat/Catch Rayquaza.
D/P/PT: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf.
B/W: Beat Alder. Extra: Catch/Beat Kyurem.

The Four Questions:
1. Your region is being destroyed by the legendary Palkia!
Many are struggling onto the ship to get to a new, safe
region. However, to get onto the ship, you need a pass.
Each pass only supports:
1 person
1 pokemon
You come across two passes, and you have to choose who
to give the second pass to!
Who do you give it too?

a. The one that you are engaged too(who'll bring
his/her Snubull that doesn't battle, it's more of a
house pet)

b. Your aunt, who has always looked after you, (who will
take your second most prized pokemon aside from the one
that you are bringing)

c. Hunter, the smuggler(he is a warm-hearted gentleman
that can bring the rest of your team across w/o anyone
noticing)

d. Marvella, the little girl, because nobody deserves to
die at this young an age(who'll bring her Jigglypuff)

2. You have made it to the new region, your old one gone.
Suddenly, the policeman confiscate your pokemon! What do
you do?

a. You don't need your prized pokemon, you have a bright
future ahead to start anew

b. Cry out and demand that they give it back!

c. Vow to steal it back when the time is right, and quietly
move along

d. Break into a tantrum and have a fit until they give in
and return your pokemon

3. One year into your new life and you're suddenly arrested!
The policemen say you're up for execution. What do you do?

a. This is fate. Let it happen.

b. Try to escape, do whatever it takes

c. Demand to know why you're here, and verbally assault them

d. Whimper and accept what has happened: this is the end

4. You are in an electric chair, powered by Manetrics. With
one flip of a switch, you're dead meat. What do you do?

a. Ask for a few last words, and then give an inspiring
speech. You're going out with a bang.

b. Cry out and insult the guards, you don't deserve this.
Who are they to try to do this to you?

c. All according to plan...you have a complex escape
planned out within your mind...

d. Close your eyes and brace yourself.

Your REC rules:
Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
challenge.

1. If you answered:

a. You musn't use potions or any items throughout your quest.
The PokeCenter is your only way to heal/get rid of a status
effect instantly.

b. If a pokemon faints because of poison or a burn, it is
gone forever.

c. You must use items for everything: you are forbidden to
use the PokeCenter to heal. Use PokeMarts.

d. Freebee! No given rule for #1. Lucky you.

2. If you answered:

a. Once you reach three pokemon or more, you must
release one every time you beat a gym.

b. You are forbidden to use items while in battle. You
may only use items after the battle is over.

c. You may not use the box to store new pokemon.You must
release old ones to gain new ones.

d. If you lose on the 3rd, 5th, or 7th gym leader the first
time that you face them, then you must start a new game.

3. If you answered:

a. You are forbidden to use normal-type pokemon, and
any pokemon that has a dual-normal type.

b. At least one pokemon on your team has to be
fighting-type.

c. You must have at least one dark type pokemon on your
team.

d. You are forbidden from using fighting types and
dual-fighting type pokemon.

4.If you answered:

a. You may perform 1 spin trade after you beat the fourth
gym. No more than 1. This is not required. Both eggs have
to be legit.

b. You are not allowed to save until you beat two gym
leaders. Once all eight gyms have been beaten, you may
save whenever you desire. (so, you may only save after
you beat the 2nd, 4th, and 6th gym leader.)

c. You are not allowed to buy more than 6 pokeballs. You
may use pokeballs you have obtained by other means.
By pokeball, I refer to every type of pokeball:
(great, ultra, nest, master, etc.)

d. If a pokemon faints, it dies, UNLESS it dies of a burn
or poisoning.

Sign-Up Form:

Username:
Pokemon Game:
Rules:
X, X, X, X

Loopholes/Extra:

Rules 4d and 1b:
If you got rules 4d and 1b, then both of the rules cancel
out each other and you don't have to follow either one.
Rule 2a:
If you reached three pokemon at one point, and ended up at
one, and then beat a gym, you must release that
one pokemon. In otherwords, game over, start a New Game.

Alpha King
July 23rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
I had an idea of doing a Team Magma/Aqua challenge. You would choose a team and your pokemon would have to correspond. Magma would get Fire and Ground. Aqua would get Water and Dark. They cannot intertwine though; for example, Swampert, Quagsire, etc. would be banned because they are both Water and Ground. There would be exceptions, though, Magma can use Mightyena and Absol, and a few other dark types. They would both be able to use the Crobat line, the Weezing line, Raticate line, Linoone line, Watchog line, etc. The only problem I think is that I feel like it's kind of just another "here's the criteria, so pick a pokemon" game, but it's new!

Also, has anyone thought about the alphabet challenge before? I though I saw it here but I don't see it..

jdthebud
July 23rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Also, has anyone thought about the alphabet challenge before? I though I saw it here but I don't see it..
Yeah, it was the "Beginning Letter Challenge" iirc. I remember doing it on Yellow with N.

Perrie ✿
July 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Everyone should go sign up for the anime challenge. n_n

Buzz Buzz
July 24th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I have a question. I've noticed some challenge threads have been started over like the Nuzlocke and monotype ones and I was wondering if the Combined Solo Challenge would be allowed to start over again too. Because I've noticed myrrhman hasn't updated the first post in a while. I do understand that this probably means he has a life and is quite busy with it, but I'd like to mention I have absolutely no life and have made an updated list where every completed challenge after the last update is listed in.
I was just wondering so if it isn't possible, no problem. I'm always willing to give the complete list to myrrhman too.

myrrhman
July 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Wow, should have checked this before I checked my thread. I'm in the process of updating right now, I have all the updates through page 52, but yeah, a full list would be super mega helpful!

vaporeon7
July 26th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I suppose I'd better have a routine time where I update the Nuzlocke challenge thread, every couple of days maybe? I still need to do more of mine though.

myrrhman
July 26th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I used to update at the beginning of every month, but then I took a laziness to the me.

darkpokeball
July 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
Objective:
After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
and is only to help decide your custom rules.

Rules/How to Play:
--You will get four questions. Each of them has an
A,B,C, or D choice. Answer each then open the spoiler tag
to find out what your custom rules are for the REC.

--You are not allowed to spin trade, trade, hack, or recieve
any assistance from other games(Unless permission is given by
either rule or darkpokeball)

--The following games are banned from the challenge:
Original Red, Original Blue, Black 2, White 2

--If you are using HG/SS, then you may not use the
PokeWalker until you beat the challenge.

--When the challenge is beaten:
Yellow: Beat the E4.Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
FireRed/Leafgreen: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch/Beat Mewtwo.
G/S/C/HG/SS: Beat the E4. Extra: Beat Red.
R/S/E: Beat Steven. Extra: Beat/Catch Rayquaza.
D/P/PT: Beat the E4. Extra: Catch Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf.
B/W: Beat Alder. Extra: Catch/Beat Kyurem.

The Four Questions:
1. Your region is being destroyed by the legendary Palkia!
Many are struggling onto the ship to get to a new, safe
region. However, to get onto the ship, you need a pass.
Each pass only supports:
1 person
1 pokemon
You come across two passes, and you have to choose who
to give the second pass to!
Who do you give it too?

a. The one that you are engaged too(who'll bring
his/her Snubull that doesn't battle, it's more of a
house pet)

b. Your aunt, who has always looked after you, (who will
take your second most prized pokemon aside from the one
that you are bringing)

c. Hunter, the smuggler(he is a warm-hearted gentleman
that can bring the rest of your team across w/o anyone
noticing)

d. Marvella, the little girl, because nobody deserves to
die at this young an age(who'll bring her Jigglypuff)

2. You have made it to the new region, your old one gone.
Suddenly, the policeman confiscate your pokemon! What do
you do?

a. You don't need your prized pokemon, you have a bright
future ahead to start anew

b. Cry out and demand that they give it back!

c. Vow to steal it back when the time is right, and quietly
move along

d. Break into a tantrum and have a fit until they give in
and return your pokemon

3. One year into your new life and you're suddenly arrested!
The policemen say you're up for execution. What do you do?

a. This is fate. Let it happen.

b. Try to escape, do whatever it takes

c. Demand to know why you're here, and verbally assault them

d. Whimper and accept what has happened: this is the end

4. You are in an electric chair, powered by Manetrics. With
one flip of a switch, you're dead meat. What do you do?

a. Ask for a few last words, and then give an inspiring
speech. You're going out with a bang.

b. Cry out and insult the guards, you don't deserve this.
Who are they to try to do this to you?

c. All according to plan...you have a complex escape
planned out within your mind...

d. Close your eyes and brace yourself.

Your REC rules:
Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
challenge.

1. If you answered:

a. You musn't use potions or any items throughout your quest.
The PokeCenter is your only way to heal/get rid of a status
effect instantly.

b. If a pokemon faints because of poison or a burn, it is
gone forever.

c. You must use items for everything: you are forbidden to
use the PokeCenter to heal. Use PokeMarts.

d. Freebee! No given rule for #1. Lucky you.

2. If you answered:

a. Once you reach three pokemon or more, you must
release one every time you beat a gym.

b. You are forbidden to use items while in battle. You
may only use items after the battle is over.

c. You may not use the box to store new pokemon.You must
release old ones to gain new ones.

d. If you lose on the 3rd, 5th, or 7th gym leader the first
time that you face them, then you must start a new game.

3. If you answered:

a. You are forbidden to use normal-type pokemon, and
any pokemon that has a dual-normal type.

b. At least one pokemon on your team has to be
fighting-type.

c. You must have at least one dark type pokemon on your
team.

d. You are forbidden from using fighting types and
dual-fighting type pokemon.

4.If you answered:

a. You may perform 1 spin trade after you beat the fourth
gym. No more than 1. This is not required. Both eggs have
to be legit.

b. You are not allowed to save until you beat two gym
leaders. Once all eight gyms have been beaten, you may
save whenever you desire. (so, you may only save after
you beat the 2nd, 4th, and 6th gym leader.)

c. You are not allowed to buy more than 6 pokeballs. You
may use pokeballs you have obtained by other means.
By pokeball, I refer to every type of pokeball:
(great, ultra, nest, master, etc.)

d. If a pokemon faints, it dies, UNLESS it dies of a burn
or poisoning.

Sign-Up Form:

Username:
Pokemon Game:
Rules:
X, X, X, X

Loopholes/Extra:

Rules 4d and 1b:
If you got rules 4d and 1b, then both of the rules cancel
out each other and you don't have to follow either one.
Rule 2a:
If you reached three pokemon at one point, and ended up at
one, and then beat a gym, you must release that
one pokemon. In otherwords, game over, start a New Game.

*ahem* This^
I can haz suggestion/critiscm?

Alli
July 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
First thing to change is the spoilers. ;( Just nitpicking, but I hate when people put all the rules and explanations in spoilers. It's annoying to have to open them up just to read the rules. Spoilers are meant to hide, well, spoilers. So the rules are spoilers!? RUH ROH. And it's also used to save room, but it seems silly to hide the rules. Hide the challenger/champion list sure, cause that's gonna grow and grow and grow. But not the rules.

Other than that, I'm not even awake to read the rules and such. yawn.

myrrhman
August 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Sorry to do this, Syd, but I can't stand this thread being under the unapproved challenges. So, how was your day?

vaporeon7
August 6th, 2012, 04:01 AM
My day was awful, I'm never taking these sleeping pills again. Also Ekans's Wrap is fun to abuse in Red.

myrrhman
August 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM
So as many of you hopefully know, I play my Pokemanz on emulators. One time I was fighting a bellsprout, and something glitched, because he used Wrap on me and it didn't stop. Not like he outsped me and kept using Wrap, he used it once and it said "the attack continues" over and over til I died. So... I dislike Wrap.

Alli
August 7th, 2012, 10:36 AM
GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. :) It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

rpg man
August 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
GUYS I bought a Game Boy Color today. :) It's green. I'm playing Crystal for PUaP today. ON A GBC. AWWWW YEAH.

I have like 6...AWWWW YEAH,,,,:t245:

vaporeon7
August 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM

OMG I'm soooo jealous. I recently just dropped in my Gold to get the battery done.

Alli
August 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm going to have to get my Silver's battery replaced. :( It died the other day. Very sad. btw, when I played Crystal for PUaP yesterday, it asked me to reset the time and day. @_@ Does this happen to GS as well? Does this mean it's gonna die soon? Or did it just extend its life? I'm soooo confused, haha.

Also I have Blue for PUaP today and it's nice playing on my GBC cause like...the cartridge will freeze if it slightly taps something, and the way it sticks out on an SP or GBA makes it easy to happen but it's nice and safe in the GBC so that hasn't happened yet. :3 Makes me happyyyyy. I could play it in the Game Boy as well but...lol...

speaking of puap thank you for posting in there vappy omg i hate editing over and over to update. XD

Gulpin
August 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
After a way too long break from challenges (not an intentional break, I just had too much to do) I've finally started to actually start (and complete!) some challenges! A few weeks ago I started a trio challenge with Salamence, Froslass, and Carracosta on Black and had a bunch of fun completing it. Since then I decided to start a duo species challenge on Black with Volbeat and Illumise (4 badges!) as well as a grass type ultimate monotype, which I've already started on Pokemon Blue with two badges! I haven't played a GameBoy game in so long, but since I found my SP charger this morning, I decided I would give an ultimate monotype a go! Also, where do you get the battery fixed and how much does it cost? I'm having the same problem as Syd with my Crystal cartridge.

Alli
August 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM
My friend linked me to a battery on Amazon that was like $1.79 and no shipping charge. But he also mentioned they might have them in Radio Shack, so if you have one nearby, you could check that out. And I imagine stores similar to RS might have them as well. I'm going to check some time next week perhaps.

vaporeon7
August 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I just got my Gold back from my local Gametraders, it was good that I didn't have to organise a battery, they did the whole thing!

Gulpin
August 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I just got finished replacing the battery in my Silver cartridge. It really wasn't that difficult to do, and all I had to go out to get so I could do it were the batteries. I still need to do the same to my Gold and Crystal games, but I'll save that for later. This is like the 3rd time restarting my Johto Grass monotype run because it wouldn't save. First with Gold that ended up not saving, then again with the same problem in Silver. But now I have it fixed so I can continue my challenges!

vaporeon7
August 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
This thread needs a life injection so...

Does anyone else still hoard TMs, even on a challenge where you won't use them on your planned team?

Buzz Buzz
August 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I'm absolutely always hoarding TMs. Black and White were a blessing to me because TMs could be reused.
Getting all TMs was like an unofficial challenge next to getting the gym badges. Even now I only use them in challenges and even then I feel a little awkward when there's one missing from the list (I'm a bit OCD like that) and I like getting all of them every game even those from the game corner (I've stopped doing that in challenges though, money shortage :D).
Using a TM simply could not do. They were and still are more like collectibles to me.

myrrhman
August 29th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I've gotten much better over time about saving space in my bag, since I play Red and Blue almost exclusively, bag space is a real problem. Nowadays, I sometimes get full with Fire Blast from Blaine, and then I can't get Fissure from Giovanni, but I almost never have TMs left in my bag that aren't from a Gym Leader.

vaporeon7
September 3rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Something I've noticed when I do challenges in R/B/Y is that I always seem to end up with a full bag in the SS. Anne. Unless of course I've emptied it out before then (which I never really have).

myrrhman
September 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
I usually only buy 2 Pokeballs from the Viridian Mart, which I use on a Spearow and whichever my first Pokemon is, some Potions, Bide, Escape Rope, Rare Candy, Fossil, Nugget, SS Ticket, Bubblebeam (sometimes used), and Dig (sometimes used). So at the most, I guess I just have 9 items when I get on da boat.

Alli
September 3rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
WAIT did I miss something is there a challenge based on bag spacw?! wait no i did approve something today with that rule...okay nevermind carry on. lmao

PikachuAddict
September 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
I was thinking about a challenge thread where each challanger is six Pokémon each with their restrictions (like one Pokémon must solo a Gym Leader to evolve, another must keep certain move in move at all times, and another must battle 10 trainers to evolve, and then solo a gym leader to evolve again). Each person would suggest one Pokémon for a challenger, and the challenger would have the ultimate say over what challenges they took. Does this sound like good idea? I've seen this idea done on another forum, but I don't know if it would be considered too similar to the Random Pokémon Challenge. So what do you guys think?

Alli
September 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
It sounds kind of like a scramble challenge, which you get to pick your team (if I'm not mistaken) and other challengers will choose the restriction it has, though usually the restriction isn't evolving by fighting a gym leader. That's not similar to the random challenge at all though, lol. Just reminds me of a scramble.

myrrhman
September 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Nah, we just started about TM hoarding, which got me bragging talking about saving bagspace. And I think I'd be pretty good at that challenge if there was one, I've played RB enough to know where all the items I need are.

gimmepie
September 10th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I thought a challenge where your team must all at least evolve from baby pokemon could be interesting. What do you guys think?

myrrhman
September 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
We've had a couple threads go through where you just used baby Pokemon, but I don't think we've had one where you're supposed to evolve said baby Pokemon. That being said, I would almost just do it as an Egg Group Challenge, since 13/18 of the baby Pokemon are either in the Fairy Egg Group (7), or Human-like Egg Group (6)

Alli
September 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
But not all baby Pokemon come from the same Egg Group, I don't think. I think it could go as its own challenge, however it's a bit restrictive and a lot of people are gonna have similar teams which is always kinda meh. Diversity is good you know. There was also a challenge where the challenger gave away 6 random eggs and she had a theme for each team. I got the team that was all baby Pokemon actually, lol. Using babies SUCKS.

Chrysogenum
September 10th, 2012, 06:37 PM
But not all baby Pokemon come from the same Egg Group, I don't think. I think it could go as its own challenge, however it's a bit restrictive and a lot of people are gonna have similar teams which is always kinda meh. Diversity is good you know. There was also a challenge where the challenger gave away 6 random eggs and she had a theme for each team. I got the team that was all baby Pokemon actually, lol. Using babies SUCKS.
Laura's eggy challenge or whatever you called it? It actually looked kinda fun
Especially the messed up egg run
Either way, Magby and Elekid don't suck
The rest on the other hand ...

Alli
September 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Yes, that's the one. And I had a Magby actually, which was the best thing I had haha. I don't remember anything else, but I know Bonsly was alright. BUT HAPPINY. UGH. And even after evolving...UGH. I ended up quitting in favor of starting our Halloween event last year, and I needed to use my Black version sooo yeah. lol Speaking of events, I hope everyone's ready for the GTX event!

11wildy
September 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM
OMGOSH EVENT, WHEN WHEN WHEN. And, more important, can I monotype it? :3

myrrhman
September 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Right, but like I said, a good 2/3 of them come from one of two egg groups. And yeah, having only like 18 to choose from is quite a bit restrictive.

GTX is uhhhhh the 24th? Whenever the banner on the homepage says it is. I'm assuming the challenge event will need to run the whole time, as it does take people a little longer to run through a challenge than to uhhhhhh play a round of iSketch. And yeah, I guess you could monotype it, if you really wanted to.

Chrysogenum
September 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Will it be a time trial like it was last time?

myrrhman
September 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Nope! Its a completely different kind of challenge, the likes of which have never been seen on this board. There are going to be two different types (Syd and I are co-running the event, but it sort of turned into us doing two different challenges lol). I'm not going to say anything else past that, though! You'll just have to wait until GTX starts!

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 11th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I had an idea for a challenge recently so here goes:
It would be called the Rare Pokemon Challenge or something and basically, the first pokemon you encounter on a route you have to catch. But, if you encounter a pokemon on that route that's rarer, you must ditch the previous pokemon and use that pokemon (etc, etc) No repels allowed and probably no fly, as that makes the event of finding a new rarer pokemon less likely (for when you backtrack) and of course no capturing a pokemon that's less rare or of equal rarity to the pokemon you have. (in events where there's only one of a pokemon species available (i.e. hoenn route 101 with the starters) you have to use it, and any shinies MUST be used as they're as rare as you get)

So what do you guys think? :D

Chrysogenum
September 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Not really that challenging imo
I can just run around until I get that particular rare Pokemon (since it'll most likely be better than the very common ones) and no Fly is just a nuisance, at least for the reasons you presented.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM
^^Well it becomes challenging if say you get stuck with a surskit or a dunsparce or something. And I think my fly rule makes sense, it gives you more of the challenge... (it could be optional) Anyway, this was just my most basic idea.

myrrhman
September 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mehhhh. You only have 6 slots, so even if you got stuck with a Surskit, you could just catch something on another route and replace it if you don't want it. And I agree, no fly is more painful than its worth. Not that many games require excessive backtracking through grass (many make you backtrack through water, but oh no, you're probably going to get a Tentacool.

Alli
September 11th, 2012, 08:22 PM

Not...really hahaha. You could try, but...well, we'll just say it won't always be monotype. Till the end. Maybe. Meow!

And ummm not really understanding this rare Pokemon challenge, lol. But honestly, after spending hours searching for Riolu and Eevee in Black 2, I don't think I ever want to torture myself by searching for Pokemon with 5% encounter rate ever again. So if the point of the challenge is to find the least common Pokemon on the route, that's more tedious than challenging. idk how catching the first thing you find on the route is a challenge though? There are some challenges that have you do that, but that doesn't make sense to call it a rare Pokemon challenge. Umm...I'm tired so maybe I'm misunderstanding things hahaha. GOOD NIGHT!!

jdthebud
September 11th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Why is everyone hating on Surskit? Masquerain is totally awesome!

SuperKirbyFan
September 11th, 2012, 11:26 PM
But honestly, after spending hours searching for Riolu and Eevee in Black 2, I don't think I ever want to torture myself by searching for Pokemon with 5% encounter rate ever again.

Try EV training over 170 points off of a 20% encounter rate without the use of power items, macho brace, or pokerus. That was torture (This was in my Weedle Sapphire Solo). No speed button either, it was on cartridge.

Chrysogenum
September 12th, 2012, 04:03 AM
- snip -

In all fairness, all the challenges with the catch the first mon (only) rule are either limiting your team or making you use Pokemon you never used before and they always have a side rule to help to make it challenging

But now I'm curious, I was doing a Duo Species and the grinding was so tedious and I got this question, what do you guys think of using cheats and other 'illegal' means (such as rare candies, X5 exp,lvl 100 enemies with lvl 3 defenses to level up quickly?)to speed up grinding on challenges? Quite frankly I don't think it's too much of a deal unless you're doing a run that depends on time or on the faint = permadeath idea, because otherwise you're just speeding up a boring process

Alli
September 12th, 2012, 05:52 AM
But now I'm curious, I was doing a Duo Species and the grinding was so tedious and I got this question, what do you guys think of using cheats and other 'illegal' means (such as rare candies, X5 exp,lvl 100 enemies with lvl 3 defenses to level up quickly?)to speed up grinding on challenges? Quite frankly I don't think it's too much of a deal unless you're doing a run that depends on time or on the faint = permadeath idea, because otherwise you're just speeding up a boring process

That'd be boring and I wouldn't allow it, really. What would be the point of the challenge if you could just cheat and gain levels so quickly? I think it's fine if you're on an emulator to use the space bar and speed up the game, but that's not altering the exp gain or anything really. Rare Candy is fine as long as it's not hacked in by the dozens haha. I mean, I Pickup grind Rare Candy when I do challenges on RS, but that still takes a while. I don't even use them till the end anyway, so eh.

In all fairness, all the challenges with the catch the first mon (only) rule are either limiting your team or making you use Pokemon you never used before and they always have a side rule to help to make it challenging

But that's the point of them. That's their way of being challengeing. I have no problem with the baby Pokemon challenge, even though it's restricting, if that's what you're pining at.

myrrhman
September 12th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Not...really hahaha. You could try, but...well, we'll just say it won't always be monotype. Till the end.
No monotyping until the end!

They sort of limit your team in a different way though. I mean, if I'm playing Blue for example, and I want a Pidgeot, well I'm getting the Pidgeot on the first route no problem (I think Rattata and Pidgey are about the same rarity, correct me if I'm wrong. If Rattata is rarer than Pidgey, then use the example with Raticate instead). That's already one Pokemon I have that I can plan on having, that I know I'll have for the whole challenge. Many of the "more common" Pokemon are available on multiple routes, so chances are you're going to find one on one of the routes first and then be able to get out of the grass and not go back in on that route. There are actually very few routes that you have to go in grass for an extended period of time (In Red/Blue at least, that's what I do 99% of my challenges on, so that's the series that I use for my points.) Most of them are either optional routes, or walking in the grass on the route is optional.

Yes, there are a couple examples where you can run into a Pokemon that's rarer and worse than the more common Pokemon on the route, like the couple examples that you mentioned. But, there are far more times where the rarer Pokemon are better (again, speaking from the beginning of 1st gen, Nidoran > Rattata, Pikachu > Weedle/Caterpie, any of the other three > Zubat, etc. The list goes on and on.

niallmuz
September 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
you know at the start of pmd where you do the personality test .. there should be a challenge were you can only use the pokemon you get in the test ino this sounds like a solo run but it would be good and it shouldnt just be certain pokemon in the test it should either just a certain generation of pokemon or every pokemon - id defos play that :)

Chrysogenum
September 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
you know at the start of pmd where you do the personality test .. there should be a challenge were you can only use the pokemon you get in the test ino this sounds like a solo run but it would be good and it shouldnt just be certain pokemon in the test it should either just a certain generation of pokemon or every pokemon - id defos play that :)

You do know that you need to play through it with two pokemon for the first part of the game right?

myrrhman
September 19th, 2012, 02:29 PM

Are you talking about doing this on PMD or on the main series? Because I'm pretty sure we have PMD challenges that have "versions" that basically do what you're saying, with maybe one extra rule. If you're talking about doing this on the actual series, we've had a challenge called something like "Trainer Personality Examination" that was basically the personality test on PC, and then the OP gave you a team based on your "personality".

niallmuz
September 20th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Are you talking about doing this on PMD or on the main series? Because I'm pretty sure we have PMD challenges that have "versions" that basically do what you're saying, with maybe one extra rule. If you're talking about doing this on the actual series, we've had a challenge called something like "Trainer Personality Examination" that was basically the personality test on PC, and then the OP gave you a team based on your "personality".

oh aha that sounds pretty good actually :)

myrrhman
September 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
The Trainer Personality Challenge didn't work very well because the OP kinda had to be there at the right time before people could start their challenges. You MIGHT be able to resurrect that kind of a challenge if you were to run it more like the scramble, where everyone could give everyone else a team.

何贤豪
September 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Well, I'll be posting a few ideas that I have for challenges, but don't really want to do. Anyone can use it, of course! (It'd be better if anyone that uses this would give me credit as well, but it isn't necessary)

-The Fate Challenge
Where you're just going to accept what the game gave you to work with! (IDs are automatically made by the game, the name of the rival and yourself is also decided by the game, soft resetting after accidentally beating down a legendary Pokemon/shiny POkemon/losing to a Leader/E4/Champion is forbidden, soft resetting for shiny Pokemon are forbidden, RNG abusing is forbidden)

-The Rich Person Challenge
Where everything is done through using money! And you only earn money from battles! (Selling items is forbidden, healing using the Pokemon Center is forbidden, ALL items obtained without the usage of your own money is forbidden)

Well, I hope it isn't wrong to post stuff like this. And if anyone wants to ask me on these ideas, go ahead...

Chrysogenum
September 21st, 2012, 03:21 AM
-The Fate Challenge
Where you're just going to accept what the game gave you to work with! (IDs are automatically made by the game, the name of the rival and yourself is also decided by the game, soft resetting after accidentally beating down a legendary Pokemon/shiny POkemon/losing to a Leader/E4/Champion is forbidden, soft resetting for shiny Pokemon are forbidden, RNG abusing is forbidden)

How exactly is this a challenge? It's pretty much how I (and most people I assume) play my(their / our) runs normally (and the no reset stuff can easily be circumvented by a hard reset )

myrrhman
September 21st, 2012, 06:05 AM
Well, I'll be posting a few ideas that I have for challenges, but don't really want to do. Anyone can use it, of course! (It'd be better if anyone that uses this would give me credit as well, but it isn't necessary)

-The Fate Challenge

-The Rich Person Challenge
Where everything is done through using money! And you only earn money from battles! (Selling items is forbidden, healing using the Pokemon Center is forbidden, ALL items obtained without the usage of your own money is forbidden)

Well, I hope it isn't wrong to post stuff like this. And if anyone wants to ask me on these ideas, go ahead...

The fate challenge sounds like every day Pokemon playing to me.

And I think someone has almost made the rich person challenge before, it was just a no pokecenter challenge. But there's a next "step" up from that (the survival challenge, no Pokecenters OR Pokemarts) but that allows you to use the items you don't have to buy (and just find in the wild).

Alli
September 21st, 2012, 06:09 AM
Maybe all along, people that play the game normally in the manner of the fate challenge have just been doing a challenge all along and not playing normally. :o I used to play like that when I first started though, minus the name thing.

Also, I was looking through an old notebook and found a challenge idea that I abandoned. It was the opposite challenge. You had certain Pokemon to get, similar to the Halloween and Christmas challenges last year, but it was a bit different. I remember one was like "use a Pokemon opposite of what they're known for" so like a special attacking Machamp or something and then one was "use a legendary, but you can only have attacks with 60 base power and under" so yeah. If anyone wants to post this, I'll post the rest of the rules and such for you, just give credit. I have no time to do so because there are three things planned in the near future, haha. I'm already overwhelmed as it is. :P

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Hm, yeah now that I think about it my challenge idea makes no sense XD Well, it did in my head at least...

Anyway, I have a new challenge idea (yay) and it'll probably need critiquing so yeah:

*It's long, so I'm spoilering it.

The Nervous System Challenge.
-The goal of the game is to beat the elite four using six pokemon. Here's the catch:

-Your team will work somewhat similarly to the human nervous system, with a pokemon representing the brain, a pokemon representing the spinal cord, a pokemon representing each arm and a pokemon representing each leg.

-If the pokemon representing a certain part faints, it is dead and you can not use advantages that pokemon gives. (so the challenge becomes harder and harder as you go as more and more handicaps are placed on you - it's basically a modified nuzlocke)

-Here are the repercussions for when a certain pokemon dies (also, each penalty stacks)

-One of your leg pokemon: You can not run away from pokemon battles

-Both of your leg pokemon: You can not run, you must walk or use your wheelchair. (bike) You should try to use your wheelchair whenever possible.

-Left arm pokemon: You can not go into your bag during battles

-Right arm pokemon: You cannot switch pokemon out/in in battle

-Spinal cord pokemon: Once this pokemon dies, so do all the other appendages (so say good bye to your legs and arms) and you gain all the penalties for losing them

-Brain pokemon: Once this pokemon dies, the game is over.

Optional Rules:
-You can only use electric types, pyschic types and any pokemon with a speed over 100.

-You also have a time limit, 24 ingame hours to beat the game. (you can set the time limit lower if you like)

-If a pokemon is poisoned, it is considered dead.

-Until getting your pokemon, you are inhibited (so if you don't have the pokemon representing your left arm, no bag)

Well, what do you think? o.o

Alli
September 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
I think it's very unique! Not my kind of challenge since I'm not into anything related to Nuzlockes, but I really like it. :)

myrrhman
September 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
I agree with Syd, a very unique and well thought out challenge. If it were a thing, I would definitely end up doing it.

jdthebud
September 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if you would set limitations for each body part, but the concept is pretty good.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the praise! :D I'm thinking I will make it, but if anyone else REALLY wants to, they can.

@jdthebud What do you mean by limitations/what kind? :?

Alli
September 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
You should make it. :) It's your idea. I'd hate if I posted an idea and someone submitted it even though I planned on doing so haha. Luckily, I can stop that from happening since I'm the one threads have to go through lol. Just make sure you're able to play when you post it.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Okay, made and sent! Now you can all join me on my death trip adventure. Thanks for the support! :D

niallmuz
September 22nd, 2012, 05:51 AM
theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it

myrrhman
September 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
theres pmd challenges but what about pokemon conquest i dont think ive seen a challenge based on that yet - what about a mono type challenge on pokemon conquest
rules: when you (the hero) has a eevee everyone in your army must have a normal type parter but as soon as your eevee evolves to lets say vaporeon everyone else on your team must have a water type partner .. so if i was playing this challenge and i evolved my eevee into vaporeon and oichi only had jigglypuff or wigglytuf and no water type partner i would have to make oici leave the team and/or put her at a conquered castle were the only type aloud to defend that castle is normal .. and if my eevee evolved into a flareon and one of my allies had a charizard wich is fire and flying type he could defend a castle for fire or flying types? this probably needs criticising so yeah :) if people like this challenge i would definitely do it

Suddenly, I remember what I was going to do with my first paycheck! To Walmart I go!
I don't really know the specifics of Pokemon Conquest yet, so I don't think I can critique your challenge, but I would definitely like to see some kind of PC (that's going to be annoying) challenge sometime!

Alli
September 22nd, 2012, 09:56 AM
I'd love for there to be more spin off challenges, or game specific challenges really. However, I don't have Conquest so since I don't know the mechanics, I can't really critique it either. :( I suppose I could go read up on it but lol...that'd take a while, and that's not how I want to spend my last free Saturday I'll have in months.

myrrhman
September 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
You guys off this week? We're basically off (Akron, 35 pt. favorites), but I'm working because I like getting paid to watch football games.

The only sort of 'bad' thing about spinoffs is that I'm assuming a lot of people don't have the games. I have 2 PMD's and Coll., and I really don't know why I have all of them, I rarely ever play them.

Alli
September 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, we didn't go with the team for the game today and we're not playing at the local competition, which is pretty surprising.

Yeah, I don't have Conquest myself, and it's still fairly new. People don't run out for spin offs like they do main games, so less people are gonna have it I think. Though spin offs are played differently and it would be nice to see more challenges for them with more creative ways to play. It'd be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of spin offs though, so eh.

niallmuz
September 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?

vaporeon7
September 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
its easy to find on rom, and is it worth making a challenge for do you think?

As much as it pains me to say so, I'd say no. I can't see there being enough people who have played the game and that would want to do so again already with a challenge. Though I didn't really enjoy Conquest as much as other games, so I may be biased.

myrrhman
September 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far, I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.

niallmuz
September 24th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Well hm, I did in fact get the ROM, which WAS in fact easy to get, and so far, it just feels like an average game to me. Mind you I don't think I'm very far, I have the Fighting/Electric/Bug castles unlocked, and I'm building up my army at the moment but I don't really see how much harder a monotype would be. It would be hard in the sense of I think you might have to duo the game with Jigglypuff for quite a while until you can get a stone (which I don't know how to yet, do you just find them in battles like the other items?) because I'm pretty sure you start out in the normal castle, but there aren't any normal trainers to try to recruit, only wild Pokemon. Its not a bad game, but nothing spectacular. I might do a monotype when I play through it once though.

okay i wont make a challenge in it unless it gets popular aha and to get moon stone you can either luckiyl find it after a battle or later in the game theres a travelling salesmen wich you can buy all the evo stones from. and if you want to evolve your eevee into leafeon just win a battle in the grass castle with about 80% link but id recomend evolving eevee into glaceon because the last castle is quite hard unless you have an ice type :)

bctincher15
September 24th, 2012, 10:14 AM

You can go to Serebii, they have a lot of guides.
Here's a link: http://www.serebii.net/conquest/

Hope I helped. :)

I also agree with niallmuz, evolve Eevee into Glaceon, it will help you a lot.

Alli
September 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
HELLO EVERYONE SHOULD GO SIGN UP FOR GTX CHALLENGE EVENT :) :) :)

11wildy
September 25th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD

myrrhman
September 25th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Nvm, found it. But I'm still thinking if I wanna join it.. Since I kind of want to combine every challenge with a monotype.. XD

There's no reason you can't make it a monotype.

11wildy
September 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
But it's difficult to find a type it actually works for. Since gifts are pretty evenly distributed and I did some of the most common ones already :p I'm still puzzling for it though ^^

jdthebud
September 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289115

Challenge event link for any interested. Be sure to get there before 11:59 CT Sept 25 if you want the full package. You can join after but it won't be as immersive.

Myrrhman, you gonna participate?

Alli
September 25th, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v

jdthebud
September 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I'm stressing so hard lol. I have a math test Friday that I'm getting ready for everyday/night this week (bad at math, second time taking this course, I have the worst teacher ever) and this is all during GT week. v_v WHY did they have to have it now and not in summer when there's nothing to do? Seriously. I'm still pissed off about that. lol Also worried cause no one is signing up for games that can trade with each other in the emulator version of the challenge. And I won't even have much time to play mine. Then there's a challenge event that start October 1st (luckily we have a month for that because it's a challenge event, not a GT event) and yeah.

rant rant rant blah blah blah i am going to cry from frustration v_v
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?

11wildy
September 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Sydian, don't worry, just take the test and see how genius you are ;) And in the breaks you should take from studying you can play the challenge :D. You'll be fine^^

myrrhman
September 26th, 2012, 06:12 AM
doesn't matter if you can't trade b/w emulators, right, since we are swapping sav files?

We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)

jdthebud
September 26th, 2012, 10:56 AM
We're not swapping the sav files, we're swapping the pokemon on the files. Some people like to get items at different times and stuff, and I for instance would be a little pissed if I opened a game and they were at like Cinnibar Island without Fly. At least I could just teach a new Pokemon Fly (assuming they had a flying type, mind you.)
oh, okay, that wasn't real clear in the description.

Alli
September 26th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Well at this rate, idk if anyone's gonna get to trade lol. v_v Remind me to not run this type of event with such a small time constraint...so who's ready for the October event that was actually supposed to be September event but I was sick and away at the beginning of September so we're having it in October?! YEAH! You'll have a month. :3

11wildy
September 26th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Awesomeness! Just remind me to finish the current one before the time runs out >.< I will have to do some sick playing saturday probably to get it done. Seeing I'm just behind Whitney and I still have to do a Chansey hunt.. O_O

Alli
September 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't worry about the time constraint for the GT event. Everyone gets the emblem regardless because the event was so bad. I posted a hint as to what the October event is about in that thread btw. Hmmmmmmm. It's for any game as well, so it's not like the Christmas or St. Patrick's Day events from last year. All games are welcome.

11wildy
September 29th, 2012, 01:07 AM
More epicness! But I'll still try to finish the current challenge, It'll just take a while. Stupid university etc >.<

vaporeon7
October 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
Don't worry about the GT event Syd, in the end there was a challenge to partake in, and that's all that really matters.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
I wish I could have participated in the event, but all my cartridges were being used... :( Maybe next time? :D

vaporeon7
October 2nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
I wish I could have participated in the event, but all my cartridges were being used... :( Maybe next time? :D

You could always have used an emulator. I tend to use them because all my cartridge games are like completed Pokédexes and stuff and I don't want to delete all of it.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
^^Ah, right. I've tried to use an emulator once, and I got it downloaded... but then something crazy about winzip files happened and it was super confusing and terrible. So I gave up on it.
I'm terrible with computers. :'(

vaporeon7
October 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
^^Ah, right. I've tried to use an emulator once, and I got it downloaded... but then something crazy about winzip files happened and it was super confusing and terrible. So I gave up on it.
I'm terrible with computers. :'(

It's well worth figuring out how to use them. Having access to almost any game is helpful when doing challenges.

Alli
October 5th, 2012, 08:33 AM
^ It's helpful, yes. I always have extra copies that are for restarting for challenges and such, so I never use emulators for challenges. Only did that once, and did it on a cart at the same time as well, haha.

I don't even think I want a GT challenge event ever again after this one. v_v

11wildy
October 7th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I continued with the Swap Meet challenge, but it turns out Shuckle is actually pretty Solid to use! It can take literally ANY move, while it does damage over time with things like Wrap, Swagger and Rollout! And later in the game it can get Curse and Toxic as well!

Edit: Shuckie just took 12 HP damage from a critical hit super effective move :3

11wildy
October 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Just wanted to say that I finished my Swap Meet challenge on Crystal! I challenged Red with all my pokemon level 56, never had an easyer battle against him. Onix killed Pikachu in one hit, Shuckle Toxiced Espeon and I kept using hyper potions on it until espeon died. Snorlax died to Onix, which used Screech 3 times, then 2HKOd with Earthquake. Blastoise was taken down by a critical hit Thunderbolt from Electabuzz. Venusaur was beaten by repeating Fly with Aerodactyl, so it kept missing Solarbeam. Then Charizard was finished off by a powerful Ancientpower. GG Red, GG.

In a try to revive this, what challenges are you people diong lately?

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
As of right now, I'm doing my Nervous System challenge on Diamond (doing it right now actually) and a poison Monotype on Sapphire.

So far I've been enjoying my challenge, and I'm being really careful as I don't want anyone to die XD

My monotype is going well, I always enjoy it when I play it, it's just that I've been lazy and haven't felt like picking it up :/

Also, I'm thinking about doing a challenge for White 2. Any ideas?
What about everyone else?

myrrhman
October 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Hey guys, I'm back for a bit. Upon further investigation, Conquest is freaking awesome. Doing all the post-game campaigns now and I retract what I said earlier about it being an average game. Soon as I finish all of them I'm going to get perfect links with all the warlords and what not.

Also, how new is the liking thing? Looks fun.

Alli
October 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM
The like feature isn't finished yet haha. :P Everyone's busy with their challenge event and B2W2! ...Me, more with the latter than the former...hehehe.

11wildy
October 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM
If everything goes right I will get B2 today. Then I'll monotype water it, so I got water done in every region! As for the challenge event, it was/is cool Sydian^^

Alli
October 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I am glad you liked it! It got some good reception and I am quite proud of the concept. :) It allows for more customization than previous events while still keeping things in a certain criteria. So I am a bit proud of myself for that one haha.

jdthebud
October 12th, 2012, 05:02 PM
The like feature isn't finished yet haha. :P Everyone's busy with their challenge event and B2W2! ...Me, more with the latter than the former...hehehe.
I saw that for a bit too, what brought that on? Is there a thread about it somewhere?

And I am also having fun w/ White 2.

Myrrh, how fun is Conquest? thinking about trying it out.

Alli
October 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Audy likes to do a lot of coding stuff, haha. However, I think it's because we get a lot of suggestions for a like feature that brought it on. I asked for prefixes in Metal/Color and Advance Generation the other night and he gave me colored prefixes! :) I love them so much! I need to get him to add them in here though haha. :3

I worked on my challenge bowl stuff today...my team is so awful. XD Hopefully when Timburr and Phanpy evolves and Swablu gets added to the team, we'll be better. Smeargle got a new move today too (Sketch became Leech Seed) so we'll see. I might work on it again tonight.

11wildy
October 13th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Imma call you crazy for using Smeargle, but it's really cool that you do actually use it! It seems more useless than Shuckle, who was actually pretty good after getting Toxic!

Alli
October 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I went with it because it's part of my old username, but also because sports fans tend to paint their face or body haha. It's hard to use, but it has been useful in tight spots, so not too many complaints really. It gets better and better as I go along.

何贤豪
October 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hello! Well, I'm back. With a challenge idea. I would like to make it myself, and I just need some criticism on it and how to make it validated successfully (as in, making it better so it can stand as a thread). I just found an idea...an ASCII challenge. Here's how it goes: You specify a certain sentence. Later, I'll find out what it'd look like in ASCII code and determine the Pokemon that they can use from that ASCII code. Example:

User 1: A great revelation.
Me: 65 32 103 114 101 97 116 32 114 101 118 101 108 97 116 105 111 110 46. Out of all these numbers, the Pokemon chosen from these numbers are...No. 6, No. 3, No.1, No.111, No.77, and No.99.

Like that. Of course, the Pokemon chosen would conform to a rule...Maybe...it must be available to catch before mid-game (before the 4th badge). It must be able to be caught in the game. Stuff like that. Well, that's all I can say about the challenge. It's pretty simple.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I make the thread and be delayed on participation? I want to do it in B2, but I don't have it...yet.

jdthebud
October 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hello! Well, I'm back. With a challenge idea. I would like to make it myself, and I just need some criticism on it and how to make it validated successfully (as in, making it better so it can stand as a thread). I just found an idea...an ASCII challenge. Here's how it goes: You specify a certain sentence. Later, I'll find out what it'd look like in ASCII code and determine the Pokemon that they can use from that ASCII code. Example:

User 1: A great revelation.
Me: 65 32 103 114 101 97 116 32 114 101 118 101 108 97 116 105 111 110 46. Out of all these numbers, the Pokemon chosen from these numbers are...No. 6, No. 3, No.1, No.111, No.77, and No.99.

Like that. Of course, the Pokemon chosen would conform to a rule...Maybe...it must be available to catch before mid-game (before the 4th badge). It must be able to be caught in the game. Stuff like that. Well, that's all I can say about the challenge. It's pretty simple.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can I make the thread and be delayed on participation? I want to do it in B2, but I don't have it...yet.
Sounds interesting, but I would try to make it so anyone can actually do the conversion, since threads that are dependent on the thread owner assigning teams don't usually last very long. Maybe try to make it simpler or something? idk.

myrrhman
October 14th, 2012, 10:18 PM
@JD: If you've ever played any of the Final Fantasy Tactics series, the battles are very similar to those. I recommend it, its a completely different game and has quite a bit of challenge potential.

@RGoF: I like the idea, especially if you put a link to an ASCII converter so everyone can make their teams, like JD said. What would you think about everyone using their usernames? That could potentially work.

Alli
October 15th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Sounds interesting, but I would try to make it so anyone can actually do the conversion, since threads that are dependent on the thread owner assigning teams don't usually last very long. Maybe try to make it simpler or something? idk.

Not gonna lie, when I get challenge submitted that require this, if I don't know that user well enough (like if they're new or I've never seen them and have no clue about how their activity here is or will be), then it'll be denied. It's easier to have those challenges so that other challengers can also assign teams. Cause believe me, it's hard to keep up with that. Hell, I can't even keep up with sign-ups most of the time. Still have to update Challenge Bowl's challenger list UGH. >:( who wants to go through and look at all the sign ups for me and pm me the ones i haven't added yet n___n no one? thought so.....

But yeah, I think once you work out the other kinks, just make it so that others can assign teams and it should work out better. You don't ever wanna have challengers dependent on the OP for that. Some get needy just over the challenger list and request I lock threads because of inactive owners. @_@

adlkfjeorhsofhslajlfsdjfs I STILL NEED TO MAKE EMBLEMS FOR GT AND CHALLENGE BOWL FML

11wildy
October 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Syd, stop stressing and do it whenever you feel like. Important stuff always go first ;p

11wildy
October 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Well, I feel li9ke playing Pokemon Leafgreen again, any suggestions for a challenge, that can be combinted with a monotype? And any type suggestions?

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 20th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Do my challenge :P

You could do a solo challenge, that way it'd be monotype no matter what!

Or you could combine it with a monocolor? Or even a mono-body style could be interesting...

For type you should use bug, since it was the weakest type in gen 3 (I think it was at least) so much more challenging. Or you could normal, could be interesting.

myrrhman
October 20th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Monocolor and monotype are pretty easy to combine imo, as well as a lot of the time monocolor + monotype + gym leader. For someone like me who is slowly doing all of what I think of as the "main" challenges (Solo, Duo, Trio, Nuzlocke, Evil Team, Gym Type, Gym Disadvantage, Catch 'em All, One in Each, Random, Gym Leader, Elite Four, Monotype, Color, Tier, and Alphabet*) challenges, combining and making 2/3 in 1 challenges not only makes it fun/more difficult, it also saves a LOT of time.

*Disclaimer: My list of challenges was made at a time where all of these challenges were "prominent" challenges, and I know like the Gym Type/Disadvantage aren't active right now, but they're still solid challenges for someone to do.

11wildy
October 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not looking for something that restricts my teams choices, I would rather have some extra gameplay rules to make it more difficult, but thanks for the opinions!

11wildy
October 22nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Why is this topic so dead! Has anybody ever did a challenge in which you can have only 3 attack slots? I just did that on my ground monotype in Crystal, I hacked in 4 TM Sandstorm, just to give my whole team Sandstorm, which is close to useless in-game. It's really limiting for most Pokemon if you can only use 3 moves on it, since you get less coverage, or lack a stab move, or miss on an important supporting move.

myrrhman
October 23rd, 2012, 06:02 AM
I probably have. Not on purpose though. Some Pokemon with really small movepools only have like 3 good moves.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM
A lot of the time I find myself just using one or two moves on a pokemon, especially up until the 4th gym or so. (although this really depends on the pokemon)

Has anybody ever done some sort of a layer challenge? Where you start off with one rule and then as you go you get more rules (say, per gym leader) Or the opposite, you start off with many rules and then lose a rule after each gym leader?

Or perhaps you start off with a bunch of rules and earn points in various ways, and then can use points to get rid of a rule??? :/

Alli
October 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
I haven't done a challenge that layers (that I remember anyway) and I'm sure we've had a challenge with a point system like that. I personally don't like the over the top MMORPG or point system style challenges though. Involves other people too much and I don't want to have to rely on someone or have someone rely on me. I take challenges pretty slowly. lol

Why is this topic so dead!

Because we're busy? This thread is never dead btw. It's a sticky...can't die. So...lol. :P

11wildy
October 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Yeah that's right Syd, but it was fainted in that case :3.

And same here, I never played a challenge that stacks rules or requires points. Imo, that's too much effort outside of the game to be fun. I prefer a difficult in-game challenge. Like my mono-water nuzlocke on black 2 >.< Seems like a suicidal move to me. How tha **** can I EVER beat Kyurem-Black forme!

myrrhman
October 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah that's right Syd, but it was fainted in that case :3.

Does that make you Nurse Joy?

And I don't like doing layer challenges (or even Scramble for that matter). There's just too many things to remember, and I'm just bound to forget.

11wildy
October 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Uuuh, I hope not, since I think I'm a boy still.. O_O

And I do like Scramble challenges once in a while though, since it kind of makes good Pokemon difficult to use as well ;D. And I love difficult challenges. Although a monowater nuzlocke on black 2 is way more difficult than expected. I got only my Samurott alive, along with a freshly caught level 30 alomomola. Just after the eight gym O_O. Dead count: 12

myrrhman
October 31st, 2012, 07:44 AM
Uuuh, I hope not, since I think I'm a boy still.. O_O

And I do like Scramble challenges once in a while though, since it kind of makes good Pokemon difficult to use as well ;D. And I love difficult challenges. Although a monowater nuzlocke on black 2 is way more difficult than expected. I got only my Samurott alive, along with a freshly caught level 30 alomomola. Just after the eight gym O_O. Dead count: 12

Uhhh Nurse Roy?

And my biggest problem is that I like getting a challenge, and then maybe taking a little break, and then saying "okay, time to do that challenge" and doing it in one fell swoop without having to look back and see what the rules are. Some challenges just have too many rules (or like the scramble, where I have to remember specific movesets that I wouldn't normally have? Forget it!)

11wildy
October 31st, 2012, 07:51 AM
Lol XDD, would Brock turn out to be bi in that case? :3

If I do a challenge on an emulator I usually do it in one, two or three times playing, but I also enjoy doing stuff like Scramble challenges on an actual cartridge, sometimes racing against a friend. :P

Do any of you sometimes play a challenge together with a reallife friend?

Alli
October 31st, 2012, 08:21 AM
I like Scrambles, but I also have a good memory so I can remember my stuff haha. And I have no friends to play challenges with, so no haha. :(

11wildy
October 31st, 2012, 08:55 AM
I suppose you have no friends who play Pokemon, and not that you don't have any friends? :o And yeah, I need a difficult challenge, very difficult, suggestions?

Alli
October 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm kidding, haha. I have friends (no one I'm like super close to though) and a lot of my friends and acquaintances play Pokemon, but none of them do challenges that I know of. I do have a friend that likes to breed Pokemon, though. And I've had a few people mention wanting to try a Nuzlocke. But that's about it. No one ever does challenges with me. :P

Also, happy CHALLOWEEN guys! Anyone dressed up?

11wildy
October 31st, 2012, 01:27 PM
In Holland we don't really celebrate Halloween, sadly :(. I'd love to go outside in the dark to scare people :p But it's more surprising if I do it tomorrow XD.

As for me, I only got 1 friend who plays challenges, but only monotype, nuzlocke or sometimes a scramble. He's the kind of lucky players, so anything he does will turn out perfectly. Needs to hit 3 Blizzards, easy, 1 OHKO move, still fine. For me, I tend to get the WORST possible outcome on about everything. Crits everywhere, as well as 40% chance Blizzard hits. So I tend to be a bit more skilled, to compensate the lack of luck, so we're just as good in challenges I suppose :p.

As for the rest of my life, I tend to get ignored a lot, except for a few friends, who accept the fact I still play Pokemon :S.

myrrhman
October 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evvverryone knows I play Pokemon. And I start a conversation about Pokemon every chance I get. Or if someone mentions it, I will talk to them about it for as long as possilbe (longer than they want if I'm drunk lol. Drunk me is hillarious.) I have a friend that's Nuzlocking right now, but that's all he does, and its super lame.

Since Halloween is in the middle of the week this year, I'm not partying until this weekend, so I haven't finished my costume yet. I'm going to put pictures of it up when its done though, and so far its looking super awesome. I always put a whole bunch of effort into my costumes, and they really pay off I think.

GolurkIsDaBomb
November 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
Aw man, it stinks when Halloween is in the middle of the week! Because then it gets completely bogged down by school. D:

I have a terrible challenge idea! It's partly for lolz, and the rules are probably to simplistic/weak to stand on its own, but whatever!

THE TRADING CHALLENGE

Before starting the game, you must decide your team (each teammate can be traded in at different times)
You must then trade each team member from another game to the game you will be playing on.
As soon as getting your team member, you must grind it up until it begins to act disobedient
Once beating a gym leader you must grind it up until it surpasses the "tame" level, and begins to disobey.

This challenge would make me rage.

Alli
November 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
That'd get annoying in BW(2) not because of disobedience, but because of the way the level curve and gym badges work in that game. If you mean I'd have to grind to level 50 after the 4th badge, then no thanks...lol The tedious part would be the grinding, not the trading or disobedience and unless you're into masochism grinding, it would not be the challenge for you.

Oh, and people know I'm a walking Pokedex haha. And I was Ness for Halloween! We went to a friend's apartment and played Brawl and Mario Party 9. AND SOME CRAZY **** HAPPENED IN MY OTHER FRIENDS' APARTMENTS ON THE NEXT FLOOR OH MAN. There was some WILD party where everyone was drinking and smoking weed and then the people from that party snuck out the back and shimmied through the balconies and snuck into other peoples apartments to escape the cops. We heard all this stomping from where we were and I thought "okay Jason can't make THAT much noise" haha. And that's your wild party PG-13 story for the year, my little Swablu. lol

11wildy
November 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lolwut? XD

I would hate the challenge, I've played some challenges that required trading in Pokemon (SWAP MEET CHALLENGE HM?!) and they kept disobeying. Yes, it's rage-inducing. And yeah, nice party you got I suppose? Although I'm jalous that you got friends who play brawl ;( Only person I got who will play it with me is my girlfriend ;o. And her little brother :3

myrrhman
November 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
The craziest/best/only time i've blacked out party that i've been to was last year sometime. We were having a party at one of my friends places, but first my other friend was having a birthday party, so I thought I'd stop by. I went with my roommate, we were just going to stay for a few drinks and then leave for the better other party. But we got convinced into playing Apples to Apples at the birthday party, where every time you won a round you took a shot. My friend and I left 5 and 3 shots in, respectively.

Since we had stayed a bit longer than we wanted to, the party was already going pretty strong when we got there. And I was drunk to the point that when I saw alcohol, I wanted to drink it, so I ended up drinking more than I probably should have. Once everyone was sufficently unable to walk, half of us decided to go climb a tree. Apparently cops came like 2 minutes after we left, but there were only 5 people left, and they were watching a movie, so nothing happened.

Climbing a tree proved.... too difficult for me. One of my other friends like gashed her leg open, but she was drunk so it didn't hurt, and she didn't tell anyone (which probably was a mistake). After about 15 minutes of trying to climb the tree, someone saw her leg, so we went to a friend's apartment to bandage her up, where I fell asleep in the bathtub, as my "responsible" friend babysat me, stroking my back with an Eggman voice (if any of you have played Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, it was the voice of Eggman petting a chao).

Edit: A beautiful picture (http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/421191_2784413098449_1410204164_n.jpg) that a friend drew of the night. I'm the one on the ground.

Halfcadence
November 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Guysguysguys. Don't get too excited, but i might try to get back into this whole Pokemon thing. I know it'll be hard to control your excitement, since I'm so awesome, but do try to control yourselves ;P.

School's been craaaazy, and i got a new computer cause my old one died, so I need to download whole new emus and start challenges over and blahblahblah I'm going to try. I'll probably only play on weekends or whatever, but still.

SnowpointQuincy
November 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
[Not sure if this would be approved as a thread so I'll put it here and someone can post it if it is any good.]

Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of pokemon.

Rules:

All pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)

Optional Rules:

Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)

Very Optional Rules:

Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)

I have a week off for thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge.

WarriorCat
November 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
[Not sure if this would be approved as a thread so I'll put it here and someone can post it if it is any good.]

Black Tower Mono-Type Challenge.

Goal: Complete all 10 levels of Black Tower (or White Tree Hollow) with only one type of pokemon.

Rules:

All pokemon must share 1 type (duh)
No Saving. If you Lose, you Lose. (You can't use saving to help you explore the levels. If you only use saving honestly to take a break, that is OK.)

Optional Rules:

Only use 3-4 Pokemon on Level 1-5. (Those levels are supposed to be easier, so use less than 6 Pokemon)

Very Optional Rules:

Only use Pure Type Pokemon. (no dual type Pokemon)
Don't use any Pokemon with Recovery Moves
Only use One Pokemon. (This way ALL of your Pokemon are the same type.)

I have a week off for thanksgiving before the month of November 2012 is over, so I'll start the challenge then.

Probably a Dragon Type Challenge.

I would definitely do this, I love this idea, I hope it does become a thread. I can start it if you want.

myrrhman
November 5th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Seems too similar to just a monotype. Why not just do a monotype on Black II/White II?

11wildy
November 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah, and add a suicide rule in it like I did :D. I arrived at the pokemon League with just a Floatzel. Which in theory had the coverage to beat Psychic, dark and Ghost. (Crunch and Low kick :D) But it had zero chance against Fighting. So I looked at the water types I didn't use and I could use Corsola or Starmie. So I trained up a Starmie from level 30 to 60. Then I challenge the league. Starmie dies to Marshall, but at a point that Floatzel could win. Then Floatzel killed the other members of the Elite Four. And now I stand there. Right before a Floatzel champion solo.

Wish me luck :D

Alli
November 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
HUGGERMUGGER COME BACK TO MEEEEE :(

Guys guys guys. I HAVE FREE TIME TODAY. That means I can edit that challengers list finally and and and like ummm do things like idk what the hell am i supposed to do i don't understand free time :( :( :(

oh i have a challenge to restart like i said i would. i could do that. yeah...maybe...i had sugar sorry.

edit: also our work is recognized in b2w2 did you know? you can get medals for soloing and monotyping the E4!! i'm gonna solo with petilil. :D eventually. and record. y/n

SnowpointQuincy
November 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Seems too similar to just a monotype. Why not just do a monotype on Black II/White II?

Yeah, that is why I hesitated in starting a thread. I was afraid of a Mod screaming, "That is just a regular Mono-Type Challenge!"

Except Mono-Type Tower doesn't require a new Game, just a new Team.

Alli
November 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that is why I hesitated in starting a thread. I was afraid of a Mod screaming, "That is just a regular Mono-Type Challenge!"

I don't scream. :( It wouldn't even be seen by anyone anyway. The most that would be seen by people would be in Unapproved Challenges and it'd just say "that's just a monotype challenge. Use the thread we already have." lol I'm not a mean mod so I'm a bit taken aback that you think I'd yell at you but oh well. ~_~

11wildy
November 5th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah, Sydian can be stressed out, but will alsways be nice :). I hope >.> :3 planned my champions battle for my way to school, have to travel an hour by train. Perfect time to play Pokemon ;3

Alli
November 5th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I try to be. XD I'm still human, so if my teeth show, I'm sorry! :3 I just passed out emblems for Challenge Bowl and I'm gonna probably start making a thread for Favorite Challenge V3. I just wrote out my list of favorites earlier. I'm feeling a bit lazy though and don't wanna restart my Jap Black 2 but eh. I'll get over it. I'm feeling a bit burnt out on B2W2 though idk. The beginning part, anyway.

SnowpointQuincy
November 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I don't scream. :( It wouldn't even be seen by anyone anyway. The most that would be seen by people would be in Unapproved Challenges and it'd just say "that's just a monotype challenge. Use the thread we already have." lol I'm not a mean mod so I'm a bit taken aback that you think I'd yell at you but oh well. ~_~

Wasn't thinking of anyone specific, I am just shy is all.
:15:

Alli
November 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Don't be shy. Our mods here are quite friendly! And if they're not, tell me and I'll beat them up. :) For future reference, I'm the only person on staff that deals with the Challenge forum. Occasionally an smod or admin locks a revived thread in here cause I'm not around, but that's the most anyone else deals with this place. Everything else in here is all me. :)

11wildy
November 5th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I likey the emblem :D. When's the next event coming? Christmas again? And why do you feel burnt out on Bw2? I liked the games because they were more difficult than the other Pokemon games. I like the be challenged. A lot. :D

Btw Syd, I like your sig ;o

Alli
November 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Probably not Christmas, because I've been so stressed over the last two events and I'm not looking forward to another one any time soon. Plus I'll be working two jobs in December, both of which will get hectic. ;( Next event will probably be February. I had one planned for this February, but I never got around to getting it all sorted out.

And I'm burnt out of B2W2 already cause I've played three times. :P About to be four cause I just signed up for my own challenge with Black 2.

And thanks! I like my sig too. :D

11wildy
November 6th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Ohgod, I'm just done with my first playthrough XD. And I never play the same game twice in a row, I'm afraid it will get boring D:. And Ferbruary is pretty long, isn't there anybody else who can do an event? :3 Or isn't that allowed or something like that?