PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

jdthebud
November 6th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Any chance that someone else can host the Christmas event? cause I mean, there has to be one...

maybe a collaboration...?

EDIT: just saw that this thread has 3000 posts. yay!

11wildy
November 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Omg I didn't even notice that I made the 3000th post! Congratz, thread!! :D

And yes, we do need a Christmas event, maybe if we could make up some ideas together? :D

How about, instead of receiving gifts, we give them away? :D So the player would have to give away (release) a Pokemon after every gym, so he can play Santa Clause! And he would need to have at least 1 Santa related Pokemon on the team that he/she can't give away as a present.

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
If someone else wants to host one, it'd be totally fine as long as I'm PMed about it and it's arranged at least like...maybe 4 days before posted? The only thing about that is that I don't want someone running it that I don't think could handle it...cause they do get to be stressful. But I'm totally open to suggestions and such for it, or if someone just wanted to rehash the one from last year, that's fine too. I just need to be notified and it has to be approved first. :)

I wouldn't like a challenge where I gradually release my team though. ;-; That's not Christmas-y! We have to raise baby Jesus Pokemon. Duh.

edit: Oh and if someone else does make an event and their thread is ugly and unattractive, I will totally go through and edit it and make it pretty because events need to look nice imo maybe i'm ocd BYE

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
November 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Baby jesus pokemon! Yes!

We also need a hannukah event. FIRE POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm, perhaps one of the rules is that your pokemon have to be either red or green or ice types? Or maybe it could be a challenge set up like a pine tree where your pokemon and the rules relate in different ways?
...*
...^
..^^
.^^^
^^^^
...U

SO, in that format... P# = Pokemon R# = Rule
l or / or \ = Applies To/Pathway
... = placeholder

......P6
.......l
......R6
....../ \
....P4 P5
..../ \ / \
..R4 P3 R5
../ \ / \ / \
P1 R2 R3 P2
..\...\../.../
.......R1

You follow the paths from the bottom up to determine the rules for a specific pokemon. By following all the possible paths, those are the rules that pokemon gets. P1 and P2 would have R1. P3 would have R1, R2, and R3. P4 would have R1, R2, R3, and R4. P5 would have R1, R2, R3 and R5. And lastly, P6 would have R1,R2,R3,R4,R5 and R6.

Make sense? And the rules could be Christmas related too! Also, we could have a list of rules, say 10. By putting 1-10 into a random generator, you could figure out which rule is which. So perhaps you generate random number 10, so rule 10 in the list becomes your rules 1 in the pine tree. I'm sure if you weren't naughty, Santa will give you lots of goodies! but maybe, you'll get some coal! ;)

Does this make any sense? Or am I just crazy?!?!?!? This is probably too complicated though for the event. :(

EDIT: Sorry this is super messy. it was fine until i posted it, but then it decided the spaces I put didn't exist, so I had to put all the periods... :(

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I think you're crazy cause I didn't understand lol. @_@ Though I like the idea of Hanukkah in the challenge. My nickname is Jew, so of course I'm into that idea haha. :P

11wildy
November 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Neither did I to be honest, but it could potentially be good if it would be a bit easyer.

Baby Jezus hmm? How about a baby Pokemon which always have to be the highest leveled in the team? :D

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Baby Jesus Pokemon could follow rules from the Christian challenge. So no evolving, no vitamins, no Psychic/Dark/Ghost moves or typing...lmao.

For the record, for an event, I don't like things to be too complicated, especially after the get together fiasco. lol Or have too much relying on other players. That's the downfall in those is that some people sign up and forget to ever look at the challenge again. Sillies.

November 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Waaaaaaaa! Aw man!

It's simple guys! Just start at R1, and follow it up. It's interesting because different pokemon get different rules assigned!!! eh? EH? NO?! awwww. :'(

Menorah based challenge should happen right now! Or something to do with latkes. Baby Jesus Latke Menorah pine tree challenge event!!!

11wildy
November 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I do like Jezus being based on the Christian challenge idea. And maybe add in a few other simple rules, to make it a bit more challenging, or team restrictions, which makes me puzzle to form it into a monotype again. (As long as you make that possible I'll participate XD)

myrrhman
November 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM
DON"T WORRY GOLURK I GOT WHAT YOU"RE SAYING AND I LIKE IT.

Lemme try with a pikshure.

Also we could totes do a Hannukah challenge similar perhaps?

http://imgur.com/RH19g
Here's my take on it. Only put in like 5 optional rules, but you can see how there are different ways to get to most of the Pokemon spots, depending on if you really don't like a rule (like if rule 2 was 'The Pokemon must be Grass Type, and you really don't want to use a Grass type or something, you can go the long way to it!) Of course, sometimes it would be impossible to do, like if Rule 1 was Ice Type, and rule 10 was Grass type, and you were playing before Snover. In that case they could like reroll or something?

jdthebud
November 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe combine all the holidays at the end of December? Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yule (winter solstice), maybe even New Year's. I think that would allow for some good variety if each team member represents a holiday.

Any other holiday suggestions?

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
WE NEED ROSH HASHANAH IN THE MIX

myrrhman
November 7th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Ok, I put in my picture ^ up there. What do you guys think? We would have to think of a lot of rules (do we want to just make holiday related rules like I have, or should we just have a bunch of different rules from like all the challenges combined?) so that they could have a large pool of rules to choose from so that each challenge is unique. And that's supposed to be a Christmas tree, I would definitely fix the base lol.

November 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Woah you made it much more intense! :D

And yeah, i was thinking about that. Like if you were to get "green" and "ice-type." Near impossible except for abomasnow and castform, and those two are pushing it. SO the rules need to be general, and there need to be some exceptions, but I think it's pretty easy to figure out! :D

Some rules could be....

green
red
white
ice-type
grass-type
in wild must be able to hold item (presents)
if it faints it dies
must be related to presents: delibird, chansey, etc...?
"store bought" (so: man-made non-organic pokemon like magnemite or porygon)
still a child (must be NFE, no non-evolvers)
mistletoe (pokemon must have a kissing related move. Or must be a Jynx/Smoochum)
Hannukah (must learn a different fire-type attack after each gym. Or must be a chandelure/litwick/lampent)

And those are just now, off the top of my head. :)

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Wait wait wait WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. HEY. HEY. HEY.

Since WHEN is Castform GREEN?

Tman109ner
November 7th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I have 2 ideas:

Egg Swap Challenge
- Once 4 or more people join the challenge, all the participants egg swap 5 eggs with each other and trade them to whatever game they are playing to hatch them.
-This could work on Gen 4/5 easiest but could also be done with just regular trading in VBA Link.

Not My Pokemon Challenge
-This challenge would be done by only using pokemon you receive from other players in the game. This includes Gift Pokemon, traded pokemon, egg's that the player is randomly given, and I bet there are a few more circumstances.

Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.

Tman109ner
November 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Way too similar to the failed GT event that I never want to think about again. -shudders- Like I said, I don't want an event that relies heavily on other participants, especially after how badly the GT event went this year. Even the year before which wasn't as badly affected by deadweight participants, it still hurt the challenge. So...yeah. No more of those.

Oh well, maybe a personal challenge. :P

November 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Wait wait wait WHOA WHOA WHOA. WHOA. HEY. HEY. HEY.

Since WHEN is Castform GREEN?

Lol Ice Castform is what I meant, which you didn't get since you're not telepathic for some reason?! XD
Great reaction though lol. XD

Thinking back on it, castform wouldn't even work since it's just a forme. Ah well. I tried?

Warrior Garcia
November 7th, 2012, 08:14 PM
How about a challenge where a pokemon gains 10 levels, then has to be released.

November 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
That's actually pretty interesting, only problem is GSC/HGSS would be nearly impossible after beating Johto...

Rivvon
November 7th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Baby Jesus Pokemon? So our starter would be Larvesta? xD

For a Christmas challenge perhaps we could have to have Delibird to start and always have it know Present? And it always has to be the strongest Pokemon on our team, to make sure we keep using it xD And perhaps for other rules we could only have Ice-types in our party? If we used Abomasnow it could be a Dreaming of a White Christmas Challenge x3

Alli
November 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I've done too many challenges where Delibird is involved and not looking forward to more... :(

HM. A Christmas themed Scramble challenge IDK.

11wildy
November 7th, 2012, 09:20 PM
But a scramble relies on other players again, which is not very good for an event. And I'm already doing a mono-ice on Ruby did one on Diamond and Crystal. So if we were to monotype it with ice, only first and last gen are availabl for me ;3

November 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Is there anyway that there could be a challenge based off Scrooge and the ghosts of Christmas or something? I would elaborate, but I'm tired and want to sleep, so tomorrow. XD

Tman109ner
November 7th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hmmmm, what about another challenge like the Event Bowl but with Holiday Symbols. Here are some off the top of my head.

Giver- Has to have 3 move's that aren't attacks, one of which has to benefit either the users team or the opposing team. (I.E. Swagger)
Holiday Spirit- Teams core. Special Attack and Speed must be the 2 highest stats.
Scrooge- Must have base happiness below 70. (The only gen this would be a problem in is any of the Kanto Games because the only ones below 70 that aren't legendaries is the Dragonite family.)
Jack Frost- Pokemon must learn blizzard.
Everlasting Candle- A fire type that has to learn Flash.
Present From The GM: What ever pokemon you'd like. (Base Stats below 550)

Alli
November 8th, 2012, 08:12 AM
But a scramble relies on other players again, which is not very good for an event. And I'm already doing a mono-ice on Ruby did one on Diamond and Crystal. So if we were to monotype it with ice, only first and last gen are availabl for me ;3

The difference there is that if someone else drops out, you're not affected, unlike playing in teams or having to swap teams and eggs with people. And if we did that, we could change it to where one person could assign all your stuff instead of having to wait on different people to give you something. idk if that's how it's still run though, cause I haven't done a scramble in a long time so maybe it's been changed since then.

11wildy
November 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Well yeah that could work, but I would still like to decide my own team, for me that's a big part of the challenge.

Alli
November 21st, 2012, 04:31 PM
So, does everyone like the new forum splash? :D

Luigi-San
November 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM
Everlasting Candle- A fire type that has to learn Flash.

Problem: Entei, Ho-Oh, Victini, and the Litwick line are the only fire types who can legitimately learn Flash, which would make the Generation I games unusable, and require using a legendary in the Generation II, III, and IV games, as well as hacking in the Generation III games and D/P/Pt.

jdthebud
November 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
So, does everyone like the new forum splash? :D
I think you should try putting a width limit on it so it looks nice on wide screens (like mine, everything fits but the last word, lol), or just have the last sentence be on its own line.

Alli
November 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
That sounds like effort. I'm not a good designer or anything, so I just did what looks good on my screen. :( But all the forums in GPGD except PGC have a splash and I recommend everyone go look at them lol.

Mononoke Hime
November 26th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I really want to do a mono body challenge...

I looked in the challenges list and I didn't see anyone. :c

Alli
November 27th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Make sure you check back as far as two months, since that's the revival limit in here as opposed to one month like the other sections. If you don't see it, then feel free to make it. :o

I personally have been wanting to get back into the TCG and remembered there was a TCG challenge where you used only Pokemon from a certain deck. I wish that was back, but I don't have a free game to use atm nor do I feel like starting it and being in a new challenge. Plus I am awful at keeping up with threads and challengers and answering questions in them lol. Maybe after I clear out some I will restart it, buuuut meh.

Speaking of that, I beat my monocolor in Ruby the other day. :) It was magical!

11wildy
November 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I beat my Delibird solo in HeartGold, man, that was hell >.< Even the Leafgreen solo with Eevee was easyer, apart from Brock being a pain.

Anybody got a new and very difficult challenge for me, which I can combine with monotype? ;3

LaureTheLoner
November 28th, 2012, 04:43 AM
I haz my green version and I want a Christmas challenge before my holly jolly mood fades away :|

Alli
November 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Your holly jolly mood should be around a while. It's not even December 1st.

And you should solo Ditto, wildy.

Ash
November 28th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I really want to participate in more challenges but I don't have the games to do them with and I dislike playing on ROMs. If I get desperate enough though I might, and I do have FireRed I could restart as well I guess ...

That said I did restart my White and started a challenge. There was no such challenge for what I was doing though and since I was unsure if anyone would participate I decided 'oh well. no will know my progress woe'

LaureTheLoner
November 28th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I really want to participate in more challenges but I don't have the games to do them with and I dislike playing on ROMs. If I get desperate enough though I might, and I do have FireRed I could restart as well I guess ...

That said I did restart my White and started a challenge. There was no such challenge for what I was doing though and since I was unsure if anyone would participate I decided 'oh well. no will know my progress woe'

If you have a DS you should consider getting an AceKard (no one yell at me, downloading Pokemon Roms is perfectly legal if you already own a physical copy which I'm sure you have a few)

You can play Gameboy and Gameboy color games on it as well as DS games

The perfect solution for those with unavailable game slots and as I said legal if you put games you already own on it

Anywaaayyyyyy Syd is trying to steal X-mas by making me wait forever for an X-mas challenge

imma pout

Ash
November 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM
If you have a DS you should consider getting an AceKard (no one yell at me, downloading Pokemon Roms is perfectly legal if you already own a physical copy which I'm sure you have a few)

You can play Gameboy and Gameboy color games on it as well as DS games

The perfect solution for those with unavailable game slots and as I said legal if you put games you already own on it

Anywaaayyyyyy Syd is trying to steal X-mas by making me wait forever for an X-mas challenge

imma pout
Alas, All we have here are DS Lites. but maybe if I ever get the 3DS I want I can consider getting one.

And yeah, I know. But for all generations I don't really have any extra cartridges. Makes me wish I didn't give away Sapphire haha. So yeah. All I have is FireRed, White, and I guess Platinum if I can find it. I'm good with sticking to the current Challenge I have on White; at Twist Mountain right now on it.

LaureTheLoner
November 28th, 2012, 09:11 PM
There is an acekard for every version of the DS

Anyyywaaaayyyy I started a new challenge, it's simple, yet entertaining if anyone wishes to give it a try, I decided to use green version since I've never played it before

omg

this is the worst translation ever, I don't understand how this could have happened? Was Red and Blue not out prior to this translation or something?

Some of the sprites are creepy but are actually really good almost yellow version quality

November 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
^^I think that you, and also BinaryPeaches, should tell us your challenge ideas! I enjoy simple and new challenges, so you guys should definitely share! :D

Also, for the Christmas Event challenge, maybe we d=could do something relating to stockings? You'd have to have a team of six, and half the team would be "presents," meaning you'd have 3 awesome pokemon, and the other three would be "coal" and would be NFEs or whatever. Feel free to elaborate. My most basic idea is that you have something negative relating to coal. Lol

Alli
November 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Or coal like...three Pokemon you hate. We could have like...a list of various types of presents and then various types of coal and then someone could assign them their six, with three of each.

Example:
Presents:
Favorite Pokemon
Pokemon with your favorite move
Legendary with BST under 600
In-game trade Pokemon
Fossil Pokemon
Coal:
Least favorite Pokemon
NFE Pokemon
Ugly Pokemon
Pokemon with bad moveset

Something to that nature. That's just what came off the top of my head. I kinda like this one, as people will end up with...interesting teams. XD We're getting closer and closer to December, so this is probably my favorite suggestion and if nothing else comes to mind, I think this would work best. Very simple, plus my Ruby version is free to do a challenge now. :)

jdthebud
November 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Or coal like...three Pokemon you hate. We could have like...a list of various types of presents and then various types of coal and then someone could assign them their six, with three of each.

Example:
Presents:
Favorite Pokemon
Pokemon with your favorite move
Legendary with BST under 600
In-game trade Pokemon
Fossil Pokemon
Coal:
Least favorite Pokemon
NFE Pokemon
Ugly Pokemon
Pokemon with bad moveset

Something to that nature. That's just what came off the top of my head. I kinda like this one, as people will end up with...interesting teams. XD We're getting closer and closer to December, so this is probably my favorite suggestion and if nothing else comes to mind, I think this would work best. Very simple, plus my Ruby version is free to do a challenge now. :)Sounds good to me. Shouldn't gift pokemon be included in the Presents category though? And for Coal...ummm...there prolly should be another option...

Wait, maybe a black colored pokemon? although that doesn't really fit the theme of "bad".

How about pokemon used by the evil gang in your game? Grunts only, so we don't have people using the leader's pokemon, which can be awesome at times.

These aren't the greatest ideas, but they're something :P

Ash
November 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Oh the Christmas Challenge sounds good! Already thinking on what I can use on FireRed if I find it and decided to do this challenge (forget about the normal monotype I already have on it haha. I could always try that challenge again afterwards).

As for the Challenge I'm doing on my White it's pretty simple? Just choose a Pokemon Trainer from the Anime (so different from the PWT one) and use their team to complete the game. If they're a character that goes across different regions use the team that they have in said region, and if it's a character where you see them gain Pokemon throughout (like Ash) you start using the Pokemon when they started using them. Also same movesets as the Pokemon and such as well if possible. /o/; On my White I'm doing none other than Ash's Unova team so I'm balancing ten Pokemon and using whatever Pokemon he used in ___ gym in the anime at that gym. For the Elite Four I'll use the first six we see him use in the league/know he will use in the league. Yup ... i'm a dork.

11wildy
November 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I like the christmas event idea!

But how about for Coal a Pokemon that always gives you trouble in-game in some kind of way? Maybe when you use it, maybe when you are put against it, maybe because you keep seeing it or something like that?:)

November 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Interesting Challenge idea BinaryPeaches! I would do that, but mehhhh dtoo much looking things up lol. And I have NO free games at them moment :(

As for the Christmas event (if that's what we're going with) I agree with the format you have Sydian, a list of 3 present options and a list of three coal options. (with a bonus that you must use delibird if playing GSC/HGSS) I think we should have a *gift list* of presents (so maybe 6 guidlines for a pokemon you have to use (i.e. 600 BST legendary, pokemon of your favorite type, in game trade etc.) and you pivk three of them for your challenge. For ones like "pokemon of your favorite type" you'd say your type, and the person posting below you would assign you your pokemon based on whuchever *presents* you've chosen. We'd do the same with a list of 6 for the coal, you pick 3 and the person below assigns you your pokemon.

I feel like this way it has more of that gift-giving spirit, (think of the person posting below as your secret santa) and also, who always receives presents that were on the top of their list? ;) I think this adds a bit more fun than assigning your own, and stops you from giving yourself a tangela in BW2 or something for your coal *NFE pokemon.* (since tangela is good already, PLUS eviolite :P) I don't think people would really abuse it, but just in case.

And if you're worried about having to wait for someone to respond, I don't think that will be an issue, as the last event got like 5 posts a day! :D

Alli
November 30th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Sounds good to me. Shouldn't gift pokemon be included in the Presents category though? And for Coal...ummm...there prolly should be another option...

Wait, maybe a black colored pokemon? although that doesn't really fit the theme of "bad".

How about pokemon used by the evil gang in your game? Grunts only, so we don't have people using the leader's pokemon, which can be awesome at times.

Oh, I really like these ideas! :) Thank you!

If anyone else has ideas for what can be a present and what can be coal, feel free to VM or PM them to me. I gotta work on the MOTY stuff tonight as well as posting the challenge. Sorry the challenge is so rushed btw. XD But I'll try to think of some other stuff as well. Since everyone seems to be on board with this stocking thing, then that will be it and I'll try to have it up around midnight CST! :)

edit: or tomorrow morning because i am really tired night night. btw, MOTY challenge ballot is up, so please vote everyone! the GPGD ballot is up in PGC so please vote in that one as well. night night birdies.

Honeyman
December 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I recently made a challenge, yet its hardly getting attention...

Is there someway I can advertise it? I'm thinking of making a link in my signature.

Alli
December 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
A link in your sig and posting about it here is really all you can do. Or talking about it in #swablunest, but the chatroom I started months ago was pretty unsuccessful, so even if you go in there, you'd be talking to...well, no one haha.

Speaking of advertising though, everyone make sure you vote in the MOTY ballots! There are section specific ones here in Challenges and the ballot in PGC covers the other four forums of GPGD and neither of them have gotten much attention. And also make sure to vote in the main MOTY ballot in Other Voting Polls to represent our little corner of Challenges! :)

Honeyman
December 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I guess I'll say that I made a Low Stat Challenge. It should be on the first page of challenges.

Alli
December 4th, 2012, 09:27 PM
You have to consider that usually these types of challenges based on certain or all stats are generally not popular. We've had similar challenges in the past and they had a bit of popularity for a while and died off, or they didn't get many people at all. You also have to consider that there's an event going on so a lot of people want to work on that, as it's only here for a month, so there's a limited time to finish. So that's going against you, but I'm sure you'll see some activity soon. :( Also, December is a busy time of year with those of us that work, and there's Christmas stuff and finals so yeah.

Honeyman
December 4th, 2012, 09:34 PM
It's fine... I could wait, I'm quite a patient person. I just wanted a little attention, that's all. And hey, I can't blame them for participating in the Stocking Stuffer.

Alli
December 4th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Just remember, threads in the Challenge forum are considered dead after two months as opposed to one month in the other forums on PC, so you have plenty of time to raise activity in your challenge. :)

11wildy
December 5th, 2012, 06:13 AM
That's right, I don't have much time to play,and I need to find a Riolu before I'm actually able to start the event challenge :(

Alli
December 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
If it helps, I had to breed an Eevee in Emerald, trade it over to Sapphire (CABLES) then trade it back to Emerald later on to get its friendship maxed out and then WAIT TILL THE MORNING to evolve it finally. Then trade back.

The horror. :(

11wildy
December 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't even be able to, since I don;t have a working link cable, but don't worry I'll find a Riolu. And if it's female I'm going to name it to you :3

vaporeon7
December 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I had a thought of a challenge where the Pokémon's base stat total determined how powerful its moves were allowed to be. For example a Pokémon with 550 BST or over couldn't have moves with over 40BP, 500 BST and 60BP, 450 and 80BP, 400 and 100BP and 350 and under and free to use any move.

Alli
December 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't even be able to, since I don;t have a working link cable, but don't worry I'll find a Riolu. And if it's female I'm going to name it to you :3

Awww. :) <3 I will have to name my next Riolu/Lucario after you then!

I had a thought of a challenge where the Pokémon's base stat total determined how powerful its moves were allowed to be. For example a Pokémon with 550 BST or over couldn't have moves with over 40BP, 500 BST and 60BP, 450 and 80BP, 400 and 100BP and 350 and under and free to use any move.

Sounds neat and quite difficult actually. I like it!

11wildy
December 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
One problem though, you would probably faint a bit too much for my likings, since it will be challenge mode... XD And I"ll switch my other Pokemon a bit, I want to use a Crobat :3.

Alli
December 5th, 2012, 11:13 PM
GIVE ME ICE PUNCH! I used Lucario in my first Black 2 run and when I got the English B2W2, I said I wasn't gonna repeat Pokemon...ended up with a Lucario in White 2 though lol. I got attached. ;; His name is Cayson~ And Ice Punch is always a must. Plus I'm obsessed with those moves. Anything Fire, Electric, and Ice that have like a trio of sort, those are my favorites. idk why though.

I haven't used Crobat in forever though, augh. I kinda wanted to use it for something, but ended up with something else. ): Bleh.

vaporeon7
December 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Sounds neat and quite difficult actually. I like it!

Great to hear! But I think I'll wait until after the event until I do anything about it. I also have to wait to get my broken laptop back so I can do the challenge.

Alli
December 5th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, good idea haha. And aww, that sucks about your laptop. At least you're getting it fixed and not being like me. I just let my PC rot after it started getting bad, lol.

vaporeon7
December 6th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Yeah, good idea haha. And aww, that sucks about your laptop. At least you're getting it fixed and not being like me. I just let my PC rot after it started getting bad, lol.

Idk if I'll ever get it back though, seeing it's a school laptop and the school gets it fixed. And now it's the holidays.

11wildy
December 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I dunno if I'm getting Ice punch. It depends on if I make him physical or special oriented. If special, I'll probably get Dragon Pulse instead. I'll see about it. :3 And I'm also going to see if there's something in the game I hate more than Gurdurr and I'll use that. If I don't find anything, I'll catch a Gurdurr just before the E4 and use that :p. And Crobat replaces Klinklang.

And I just found out I can't switch to challenge mode, since I reset all the data. So now I need to find someone who has the game beaten AND has challenge mode on it, so he can send it to me ;(

Alli
December 6th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I love Timburr, but I'm not fond of Gurrdurr at all. XD

Is this Black 2 or White 2? Cause if it's B2 and you already beat the E4 and Champion on the previous file, you should be able to use Challenge Mode. Strange.

Idk if I'll ever get it back though, seeing it's a school laptop and the school gets it fixed. And now it's the holidays.

I wish school gave us laptops...:|

11wildy
December 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
That's what I thought, but the challenge mode is now locked again :( And Timburr is alright, but Gurdurr and Conkeldurr are stupid xD

Honeyman
December 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I freaking love Conkeldurr. I used it in my original Black run, and it destroyed EVERYTHING.

11wildy
December 7th, 2012, 03:00 PM
but I don't like it, with it's stupid stones. I'm sorry Syd, no female Riolu ;(. Maybe I'll find a female Zubat? ;D

Alli
December 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I don't have to be female. :D

btw guys shameless advertising again, but the MOTY ballots for challenges and gpgd need more votes. :( Especially GPGD. There are two, one of which is mine. sob sob

11wildy
December 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I want you to be a female ;( so I'm trying to get a female Zubat, because Crobats are really awesome too, so that fits you ;D

Alli
December 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Crobat works then. :) I have a shiny Crobat named Green...needless to say, I caught it as Golbat, so it was Green then...now it's pink but named Green to confuse people.

11wildy
December 8th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Haha, but my chances on finding a shiny are non-existent, I'm known as a very unlucky player XD. That's why it took me so many hours to find a Riolu. :p But I need to wait for that one certain friend I barely see apart from sports training to send me challenge mode, since for some weird reason it can't be sent over by wifi.

SuperKirbyFan
December 13th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Is this Black 2 or White 2? Cause if it's B2 and you already beat the E4 and Champion on the previous file, you should be able to use Challenge Mode.

Erasing the file erases the keys. 11wildy is right, he needs to find someone else who can give him the key. I really should post on here more often...

Alli
December 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
After beating the game though, it should still be there when you restart. Unfortunately, the only B2W2 game I restarted was my Japanese Black 2, so I can't even read it to figure it out. That's a bit silly to delete the keys after restarting considering you have to beat the game to unlock challenge mode. Cause if you get it at the end, but it goes away after restarting, what's the point? Cause there's nothing left to make it of any use in post-game. Strange. :/

11wildy
December 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just some ****ed up nintendo thingy ;(. And I don't know if I'll be able to do much on the event, with me being at school for more than 12 hours every day. I'm too tired to even think about it ;x. But I'll try...

Alli
December 13th, 2012, 09:24 PM
It's okay. I totally understand, as I was swamped during the Get Together event as well as the Challenge Bowl. As long as you update once, you will get the emblem. So don't sweat over it too much! :)

atie
December 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I've come up with an idea for a challenge for a while: The Weather Challenge.

Only Pokemon that has something to do with a certain weather.

Let's say the Stormy Weather Challenge, Only Water or Electric Pokemon can join or Pokemon with the abilities: Drizzle, Rain dish,Storm drain and swift swim.
TM Rain Dance must always be learned to your team members as soon as you get it (In generation 5 all your team members must have Rain Dance since you will always have Rain dance in your bag as soon as you aquire it) Electric Pokemons must be pokemon who can learn Thunder by leveling and must learn it As soon as possible.

And then similair rules to the Sunny weather, Sandy weather and Snowy weather
Castform is the Pokemon that can be used in every of those challenges

This is just a example leave a reply if you like the idea of this challenge.

11wildy
December 16th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I already did this challenge on the first 3 generations, in combination with monotype XD. You should also add stuff like ice body and rain dish for the later generations :).

And Sydian, I know I will get the emblem, but I just feel bad that you put all the effort in the event and I can't even finish it. :(

Alli
December 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I do like that weather idea actually. Too bad in gen V, you need DW Polis and Vupix to get your Drizzle/Drought in place.

Yeah, if it helps, I hate when I don't finish events I make. I didn't finish Challenge Bowl lmao. ;( I felt so awful, but man I was so busy that month.

11wildy
December 17th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Ohh Syddy double post :o. I didn't finish challenge bowl in time, but in the end I ended up finishing it, but I am not very motivated this time ;(. We'll see if I continue or not.

And instead of weather ability, there's rain dance, Hail, Sandstorm, Sunny day moves :D.

Keiran
December 17th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Is there a challenge where you fight a Gym with only Pokemon from neighboring areas? Sort of like how N battled the trainer with a new team with Pokemon only from the area he was in.

So say you're challenging Burgh next, you would have to catch a new team of Pokemon from either Castelia Park/Sewers or Route 4. And then Elesa you could use Pokemon from Route 4 (except ones you used against Burgh), Route 5, Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest.

Alli
December 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
PC likes to give me double posts sometimes. ;(

And yeah Keiran, I think that was actually called the N Challenge.

Halfcadence
December 19th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Is there some secret place where you guys are socializing these days? I came back to a dead #swablunest :(.

I've been sitting in #tradecorner for the past couple days but I think they think I'm weird : /. Plus all they talk about is RNGing and I'm just like I don't understand your voodoo magic :S.

Alli
December 19th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Nah, I got really caught up in band camp then school started and I ignored it and I guess everyone else did too. Our Latios bot even left! Sad, I know.

#tradecorner is great though! RNGing is totally fun btw. It's not as hard as you may think. :) And I'm sure they don't think you're weird. They're weird. :P Just be like "i'm one of syd's little swablu" and they'll be like "AWWW OKAY HI" and there ya go!

Hate to advertise this over and over, but if you guys haven't done so already, please go vote in the MOTY Challenge and GPGD categories, and represent the Challenge forum in the main MOTY ballot in Other Voting Polls! :) but seriously the gpgd category has like 4 ballots please vote so i have something to count lmao

Halfcadence
December 19th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I would vote in the other ones but I literally don't leave the Challenges forum, so I wouldn't be able to contribute constructively haha.

And yeah, I've mentioned how awesome you are in #tradecorner a couple of times. People agreed :).

11wildy
December 19th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Then you have the fact that people think I'm weird because I AM weird! :D Am I also one of your little Swablu's? :)

Alli
December 19th, 2012, 11:29 PM
There are still some categories you could vote for your fellow members in here and such! And there's things like "favorite event" and "favorite forum" and such.

Yes, everyone that's a regular in Challenges is one of my Swablu. :3

11wildy
December 22nd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Yay I'm a Swablu ;D.

I don't know how many people here know the Gone book series, but I made a challenge around that!

And every gen has a ruleset which corresponds with the number of the book in the serie.

So for example in gen 1, you would need to release every Pokemon after evolution, and you cannot stop a Pokemon from evolving.

And as optional rules you could add that you have to use the fire starter :).

Any ideas? Should I post this? :D

Honeyman
December 27th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I thought up a pretty interesting challenge, but it is still in its rough draft. I call it the Zodiac challenge. The rules are that your team of 6 must each represent a sign of the Zodiac, and your sign MUST be in your team. Also, each sign has an additional rule that may hinder you, like all of the Scorpio Pokemon has to keep Poison Sting, and stuff like that. What do you guys think?

11wildy
December 28th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I think I saw something like that before, but I'm not sure. Also, who decides what represents a sign? Apart from that it seems interesting, but not something I'd prefer to do. I'll stick with monotypes :3

Honeyman
December 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM
And *that* is why my challenge is only a draft. I think animals can decide on what Zodiac they fall under, like Cats, and Foxes will fall under Leo, and Cows and Dogs will fall under Taurus. Though Capricorn will be a very big problem, considering there are no goats, and sheeps will fall under Aeries.

Alli
December 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM
You could count deer as goats. So Sawsbuck, Stantler...I think it would work. ...Arceus is a space goat...lol.

Honeyman
December 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Decided that Capricorn will be Deer, Elephants, and Bears. Why? They wouldn't fall under anything else.

vaporeon7
December 31st, 2012, 10:54 PM
You could always take some inspiration from the Unova Horoscope in B/W.
Seen here. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Horoscope)
Syd was right about Sawsbuck.

Honeyman
December 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Some of them I already labeled under Signs, like Bouffalant and the Gothorita family, but some of them seem like pretty good ideas like the Klink and Lampent families. Though I already had a completely different idea for both those signs.

Azazel
January 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I've got new ideas for challenges this year and am super excited to see what this year brings!

My New Years resolution is to finish my Ultimate Monotype Challenge for Bug types! Anyone else with challenge resolutions?

jdthebud
January 1st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Happy New Year everyone! I've got new ideas for challenges this year and am super excited to see what this year brings!

My New Years resolution is to finish my Ultimate Monotype Challenge for Bug types! Anyone else with challenge resolutions?
To finish all my monotypes and the monocolors too.

Alpha King
January 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mine is too finish any challenge I sign up for. I really am interested in the Favorite Challenge right now. I just need the eggs for the Pokemon I need and tradecorner ppl are being snooty ):

Azazel
January 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mine is too finish any challenge I sign up for. I really am interested in the Favorite Challenge right now. I just need the eggs for the Pokemon I need and tradecorner ppl are being snooty ):
Trade Corner. Hey, watch what you say. That's more or less my home on PC. Who are you asking over there? Cause some of them are cool and some of them are kinda... well, I guess I shouldn't go saying things I'll regret.

EDIT: I just found your post in TC. Most of the Trade Shop owners don't really check the Quick Trade Thread. You would be better off making some requests in people's shops.

vaporeon7
January 1st, 2013, 05:55 PM
I'm very limited with challenges until my laptop is returned. I guess I could always do a Hall of Fame Challenge on my Black 2 or something. I also should update the Nuzlocke thread.

On an unrelated note, I just choked on a carrot.

Alli
January 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'd tell you to go to my shop, but I'm inactive in there atm!

Resolutions, eh. I never make any resolutions, really. I'd just like to finish my Random, Favorite, and Gender Discrimination. And then that other Hall of Fame challenge. Ummmm I also really wanna play Emerald and raise a Beautifly idk why though, but that would just be a normal playthrough.

Honeyman
January 1st, 2013, 06:21 PM
My resolution is to finish the Random, Time Warp, and Low Stat challenges this year. I won't be starting any new challenges until then.

Gulpin
January 1st, 2013, 06:21 PM
Well I just finished my first Ultimate monotype using Grass. A pretty good way to start the new year, I would say. Too bad I have school starting in a few days and between band and AP classes I probably won't have time for too many challenges for a while :/
But it has been a great Christmas break! Very successful from a challenge point of view, considering I was able to do the second half of Sapphire, and all of Diamond and Black to complete my monotype!

myrrhman
January 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
My two resolutions are two be more active on PC and to finish my super jumbo challenge that I've named "Project Perfect Pokemon". Basically I found every Pokemon game that I could (27 in total) and I'm going to 100% beat each and every one of them. Obviously I'm not going to do both Red and Blue, since they're the same game, but I will do like Sapphire and Emerald, since they're different. So far I'm done with Blue and ALMOST done with both Stadium and Silver. The reason that I've been so inactive on PC is because I've been doing my PPP challenge and streaming it on Twitch and stuff and that really sucks you in lol.

Honeyman
January 1st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Is Trozei in your PPP challenge? Probably the hardest Pokemon game to complete 100%.

Cardinal
January 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Ugh, I hate Trozei. Too hard. My resolution is to finish three Pokemon games by the end of the year. Seems easy to you guys. Hard for me.

Honeyman
January 2nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hard? Unbelievably yes.
Bad? Unbelievably no.

I find it quite a fun game. Extremely hard, but fun.

Enigma
January 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
New Year's Resolutions? Getting my butt back into gear and picking up where I left off challenge-wise.

a lot of you probably don't remember me but yes hello

Alli
January 2nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
I remember you, my dear! :) Welcome back!

jdthebud
January 3rd, 2013, 12:05 AM
New Year's Resolutions? Getting my butt back into gear and picking up where I left off challenge-wise.

I remember you! Welcome back, and look forward to a new year of challenges.

By the way Syd, what happened to the MOTY thread?

11wildy
January 3rd, 2013, 12:19 AM
It disappeared O_O

Welcome back Inferno!

Enigma
January 3rd, 2013, 02:20 AM
It's a relief to see the regulars still around as well as some new faces. As for my challenges, I'm gonna have to edit my signature soon undecided on where to pick up on first, I might go for my RBY solos just to finish them up and be done with it.

11wildy
January 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
All solo's hmm O_O. Seems like an awful lot or work. But less than monotypes.. XD Onix seems like a pain... Are you doing evolution lines at once or all seperate?

Enigma
January 3rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
All solo's hmm O_O. Seems like an awful lot or work. But less than monotypes.. XD Onix seems like a pain... Are you doing evolution lines at once or all seperate?
You think that Onix seems like a pain? I already did Ditto and Magikarp AND Abra. I tried to do all the hardest ones first. I'm just going in whatever order I feel. Pretty much looking at the Pokedex and picking whatever one sounds fun at that moment in time.

vaporeon7
January 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
You think that Onix seems like a pain? I already did Ditto and Magikarp AND Abra. I tried to do all the hardest ones first. I'm just going in whatever order I feel. Pretty much looking at the Pokedex and picking whatever one sounds fun at that moment in time.

For Magikarp and similar, how did you beat Ghosts? Or did you just hack on Bubble or something if they ever came up?

11wildy
January 3rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, since you cannot pp stall them in RBY, and you cannot hit ghosts otherwise. :D. ditto seems really hard too.

Alli
January 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
By the way Syd, what happened to the MOTY thread?

Results are posted in Other Voting Polls. It's at the bottom of PC btw. I know some of you guys probably don't scroll past Challenges, hehe. :P

Congrats to all the winners btw!

Azazel
January 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM

Hi there, I don't actually know you, since I only started being really active in Challenges recently, but I have seen some of your work looking through old threads. You got some nice stuff! :)

I'm doing a Solo Challenge for Gallade myself right now, cause I noticed no one else had done that one on the list (though the list is a little out-dated) and it seemed like a fun choice.

SwabluNest sure is dead...

Enigma
January 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM
For Magikarp and similar, how did you beat Ghosts? Or did you just hack on Bubble or something if they ever came up?
Yeah, for Magikarp I had to hack on Bubble. I only kept it on for the battles I needed it for, though, since there was literally no other method of defeating some Pokemon. I can't remember if I had to hack any moves for similar situations on anything else, it's been quite a while.

Hi there, I don't actually know you, since I only started being really active in Challenges recently, but I have seen some of your work looking through old threads. You got some nice stuff! :)

I'm doing a Solo Challenge for Gallade myself right now, cause I noticed no one else had done that one on the list (though the list is a little out-dated) and it seemed like a fun choice.

SwabluNest sure is dead...
Thanks, and (I'm probably a little late on this but) welcome to the swablu nest Challenge forum. C:

Are you going ultimate for your solo challenge, or just doing one game?

vaporeon7
January 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah, for Magikarp I had to hack on Bubble. I only kept it on for the battles I needed it for, though, since there was literally no other method of defeating some Pokemon. I can't remember if I had to hack any moves for similar situations on anything else, it's been quite a while.

I suppose it's fitting also, as iicr, there was an event Magikarp in Gen II that had Bubble.

Azazel
January 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM

Thanks, and (I'm probably a little late on this but) welcome to the swablu nest Challenge forum. C:

Are you going ultimate for your solo challenge, or just doing one game?
I'm just doing Single. I don't really want to do any Ultimate challenges outside Monotype. It seems more fun doing Single Solo. I'm thinking about doing Blaziken on Ruby next. But that's a ways down the road...

I'm currently working on a Challenge to post that features Legendary Pokemon at the moment, since there are very few challenges that allow them (and with good reason). But they're fun to use so I figured I would make a challenge that makes using them more difficult while allowing you to play with some of the most powerful Pokemon in the series.

Enigma
January 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
I suppose it's fitting also, as iicr, there was an event Magikarp in Gen II that had Bubble.
Magikarp actually wasn't as bad as I had imagined, I think Abra actually might have annoyed me the most because it was getting OHKO'd or 2HKO'd by a lot of things until it got a decent STAB move.

jdthebud
January 3rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Results are posted in Other Voting Polls. It's at the bottom of PC btw. I know some of you guys probably don't scroll past Challenges, hehe. :P

Congrats to all the winners btw!
Thanks. I actually hardly ever go to the main page at all, my bookmark is on the Challenge page :D.

So here are the Challenge Results for those who don't feel like going over there:

Challenges

Most Creative Challenges: LaureTheLoner (8)
Challenge Chugger: Myrrhman (5)
Monotype Obsessed: jdthebud (5)
Nuzlocke Obsessed: Zaroas (5)
Challenge of the Year: jdthebud's Monocolor Challenge (4)
Swabiest Swablu: jdthebud (5)

I feel honored, you guys. Thanks for voting for me!

Also, some poll winner/runner-ups featuring challenge regulars in the spoiler:

Best Signature
Whether it be Umbreon or love letters to her pairs, Sydian's signatures are dubbed the best.

1. Sydian (5)

Favourite Moderator

3. Razor Leaf (9), Sydian (9)

Favourite Male

3. Shining Raichu (6), Razor Leaf (6), GolurkIsDaBomb (6)

Pokemon Gaming Central

Most Helpful for Metal/Color Gen: vaporeon7 (3)
Generally Helpful: vaporeon7, PlatinumDude, Hikari10, Sydian (1)
Most Interesting Posts: Sydian, MiTJa, XanderO, ninjagon (1)

Battle Center

Most promising new user: GolurkIsDaBomb (2)

Trade Corner

Classic Breeder of the Year: NecrumWarrior
Most Likely to Collect Thirty of the Same Pokemon: NecrumWarrior

Black and White

Most creative thread ideas: GolurkIsDaBomb (3)

Other Voting Polls

Most frequent user in Dear Anonymous: Sydian (6)

Member of the Year 2012
And the winner is...

Abnegation (5)

Runners Up: MidnightShine (4), GolurkIsDaBomb (4)

Here is a link to the full thread. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293881)

Azazel
January 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
I got that award for breeding over 400 Magikarp...

ihu sometimes Trade Corner. :p

Alli
January 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Congrats, birds. <3 :) I'm so proud of all of you! If we do the same set up as last year though, I hope more people vote in the GPGD category. There were 4 people that voted, hence why there's two unanimous winners and two tied categories.

New year resolution should be for me to make #swablunest more active. XD

Enigma
January 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks. I actually hardly ever go to the main page at all, my bookmark is on the Challenge page :D.

So here are the Challenge Results for those who don't feel like going over there:

Challenges

Most Creative Challenges: LaureTheLoner (8)
Challenge Chugger: Myrrhman (5)
Monotype Obsessed: jdthebud (5)
Nuzlocke Obsessed: Zaroas (5)
Challenge of the Year: jdthebud's Monocolor Challenge (4)
Swabiest Swablu: jdthebud (5)

I feel honored, you guys. Thanks for voting for me!

Also, some poll winner/runner-ups featuring challenge regulars in the spoiler:

Best Signature
Whether it be Umbreon or love letters to her pairs, Sydian's signatures are dubbed the best.

1. Sydian (5)

Favourite Moderator

3. Razor Leaf (9), Sydian (9)

Favourite Male

3. Shining Raichu (6), Razor Leaf (6), GolurkIsDaBomb (6)

Pokemon Gaming Central

Most Helpful for Metal/Color Gen: vaporeon7 (3)
Generally Helpful: vaporeon7, PlatinumDude, Hikari10, Sydian (1)
Most Interesting Posts: Sydian, MiTJa, XanderO, ninjagon (1)

Battle Center

Most promising new user: GolurkIsDaBomb (2)

Trade Corner

Classic Breeder of the Year: NecrumWarrior
Most Likely to Collect Thirty of the Same Pokemon: NecrumWarrior

Black and White

Most creative thread ideas: GolurkIsDaBomb (3)

Other Voting Polls

Most frequent user in Dear Anonymous: Sydian (6)

Member of the Year 2012
And the winner is...

Abnegation (5)

Runners Up: MidnightShine (4), GolurkIsDaBomb (4)

Here is a link to the full thread. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=293881)
Congrats to all the winners, you guys certainly deserve it. I'm gonna try to make 2013 a better challenge year for myself, so maybe I'll be on par one day. probably not but eh

Honeyman
January 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
I... I don't see me...

*sits in corner sulking*

11wildy
January 4th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I'm already pleased I got a single nomination for the challenge forum;$. Thanks Syd! :'D And congrats on all your places for best member. :)

Azazel
January 4th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Too many challenges I wanna do guys! Not nearly enough games to do em on. D:

1. Legendary Trio Challenge: I have my claim on this one and will be running it myself as soon as I get a game to play on. Maybe an emulator or something. Pretty straight forward, you play the game using only 3 legendary Pokemon for your team. This means that you will be severely handicapped in regards to typing, and all your Pokemon will be running the highest experience curve. Hacking is required in most circumstances, although there are exceptions with low level legendary Pokemon, like HGSS Creation trio mons, or events at lvl 15 or under.

2. Egg Group Challenge: This should be pretty self explanatory. I have seen a couple of really old threads out there for this challenge, and I think it would be really interesting.

3. Lost In Translation: This is another I really want to run myself, but I wouldn't care if someone started it before me. Basic concept is, you play through a foreign region game of a language that you don't speak, without the help of the internet to guide you.

Honeyman
January 4th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Turns out there are 14 Zodiac signs instead of the 12 we grew up with. These two extra signs are Cetus: The whale, and Ophiochus: the snake bearer. Now I feel I need to include these two into my Zodiac challenge.

Enigma
January 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Too many challenges I wanna do guys! Not nearly enough games to do em on. D:

1. Legendary Trio Challenge: I have my claim on this one and will be running it myself as soon as I get a game to play on. Maybe an emulator or something. Pretty straight forward, you play the game using only 3 legendary Pokemon for your team. This means that you will be severely handicapped in regards to typing, and all your Pokemon will be running the highest experience curve. Hacking is required in most circumstances, although there are exceptions with low level legendary Pokemon, like HGSS Creation trio mons, or events at lvl 15 or under.

2. Egg Group Challenge: This should be pretty self explanatory. I have seen a couple of really old threads out there for this challenge, and I think it would be really interesting.

3. Lost In Translation: This is another I really want to run myself, but I wouldn't care if someone started it before me. Basic concept is, you play through a foreign region game of a language that you don't speak, without the help of the internet to guide you.
All three sound excellent, I have a feeling that I'll get addicted to the Egg Group challenge and want to do every egg group or something ridiculous. :P

11wildy
January 5th, 2013, 12:38 AM
I kind of only do challenges if I can combine them with a monotype, or when they are INSANELY difficult. So I kind of want to do a Ruby/Sapphire run with NO Pokecenter/Market. I could use some advice for it...

What starter should I use? Mudkip kills most of the game by itself, but I don't know if it learns enough TMs to keep up with PP. Blaziken has a few problems on the way, mainly 6th and 8th gym, but learns more offensive TMs as well as getting better super effective coverage. And Blaziken KILLS the E4.

Apart from that, should I use Groudon or Kyogre? I cannot grind, since it will cost too much pp and hp, thus the legendaries seem like a solid choice, since they are strong and high leveled. Kyogre can help Swampert with the 8th gym with Thunder(bolt), while Groudon can be a great help in the E4, or a Blaziken supporter in general. I wouldn't mind running Groudon+Swampert or Kyogre+Blaziken though, if that gives better coverage.

Any help? :)

jdthebud
January 5th, 2013, 03:49 AM
I kind of only do challenges if I can combine them with a monotype, or when they are INSANELY difficult. So I kind of want to do a Ruby/Sapphire run with NO Pokecenter/Market. I could use some advice for it...

What starter should I use? Mudkip kills most of the game by itself, but I don't know if it learns enough TMs to keep up with PP. Blaziken has a few problems on the way, mainly 6th and 8th gym, but learns more offensive TMs as well as getting better super effective coverage. And Blaziken KILLS the E4.

Apart from that, should I use Groudon or Kyogre? I cannot grind, since it will cost too much pp and hp, thus the legendaries seem like a solid choice, since they are strong and high leveled. Kyogre can help Swampert with the 8th gym with Thunder(bolt), while Groudon can be a great help in the E4, or a Blaziken supporter in general. I wouldn't mind running Groudon+Swampert or Kyogre+Blaziken though, if that gives better coverage.

Any help? :)those leppa berries will come in handy, as will the various ethers on the ground.

go with kyogre, and give it shock wave first maybe to save on PP.

Blaziken will also have trouble with the 7th gym, although you could also skip the 6th gym and beat Winona with Kyogre later, since Fly isn't essential to get around.

I think Swampert should be fine though, there are enough pp items to help you out.

Azazel
January 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM

Any help? :)

Just thought I'd mention that if your using this combined with a monotype, that legendary pokemon are forbidden by the monotype challenge rules. So you would either have to keep it as a personal run, or if you want to post updates and be recognized, you'll have to not use kyogre or groudon

Alli
January 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I... I don't see me...

*sits in corner sulking*

Hate that I'm just now thinking of this, but there should have been a "Best New Challenger" category! >:( Oh well. Stick around for the next one and maybe you'll get something! I'm proud of all you guys anyway, regardless of MOTY stuff. The challenge forum makes me happy and I have all you guys to thank for that, so no need for a silly contest to tell you that. :)

jdthebud
January 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Just thought I'd mention that if your using this combined with a monotype, that legendary pokemon are forbidden by the monotype challenge rules. So you would either have to keep it as a personal run, or if you want to post updates and be recognized, you'll have to not use kyogre or groudon
The challenge he's referring too doesn't have anything to do with combining anything, it's the second part of his statement he's talking about, the "INSANELY difficult" part.

btw I just realized that blacking out would still be okay in that idea since you would wake up at home, unless you accidentally go into a PC. Even if you don't use it, it still counts as a visit, in which case a blackout will mean you fail since you use the PC to heal.

I'm much more about having fun and having variety/chances for little used Pokemon in my challenges, rather than difficulty. Sometimes I like to play hacks like Blaze Black that are harder games though.

Azazel
January 5th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I just wanted to point it out cause both kyogre and Groudon both share types with Swampert. Just trying to avoid a worse case scenario.

11wildy
January 5th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Well alright, thanks for the help. So Swampert + Kyogre it is. How to beat Brawly though, I never beat him without a flying type or Combusken... XD (are you judging me for using the most overpowered legendary? :x)

And Sydian, same for me, thank you all!

vaporeon7
January 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I updated the Nuzlocke thread after ages... that was absolute hell to do.

Azazel
January 6th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I updated the Nuzlocke thread after ages... that was absolute hell to do.

I hear ya man. You should seen all the work I had to do to bring the monotype thread up to speed. Half a years worth of posts. It was crazy to say the least.

Enigma
January 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'm going crazy with the challenges again. I have so many in mind that I want to do! I definitely want to do another ultimate solo, but this time, I'll be using Altaria.

http://www.greenchu.de/sprites/b2w2/334.gif

Represent!

Now, when I start this challenge, I want to name this Altaria something that is representative of the Challenge Forum. So, what do you guys think we should name her? I was thinking Challey but that sounds kind of lame to me

vaporeon7
January 6th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I'm going crazy with the challenges again. I have so many in mind that I want to do! I definitely want to do another ultimate solo, but this time, I'll be using Altaria.

Represent!

Now, when I start this challenge, I want to name this Altaria something that is representative of the Challenge Forum. So, what do you guys think we should name her? I was thinking Challey but that sounds kind of lame to me

I did a solo with Swablu once and called it Sydian.

Azazel
January 6th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Represent!

I see your still procrastinating your signature. Bad. lol

I think Sydian is the only real name that could represent the Challenge forums.

Also, all a ya need to hang out in #swablunest more. I'm getting lonely, k?

Enigma
January 6th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I see your still procrastinating your signature. Bad. lol

I think Sydian is the only real name that could represent the Challenge forums.

Also, all a ya need to hang out in #swablunest more. I'm getting lonely, k?
I have procrastination issues, bad ones

That's two votes for Sydian then, I'm not going to start the ultimate for a few days or longer knowing my procrastinating hurr durr so there's plenty of time for others to have a say in the matter.

Yes yes everyone go to #swablunest

11wildy
January 7th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Another vote for Sydian here! Btw, I beat Sapphire without use of mart/center! After catching Kyogre I didn't use swampert anymore :p.

vaporeon7
January 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
So apparently the challenges section was added to the profile.

REJOICE!

Azazel
January 8th, 2013, 01:20 PM
So apparently we all need to hurry and finish our Ultimate challenges now. Cause once 6th gen is out, we're gonna have yet another game to add to the requirements. XD

And awesome! We got a place for challenges!

Alli
January 8th, 2013, 01:23 PM
New games will mean new Favorite Challenge thread! :) I will probably wait a month or two after release and keep the B2W2 one up till then. I'm so ready for the XY prefix btw. Not like it'll be used but it's great when I have to tell the admins to add a new prefix, lmao. ...Oh. I'll be using it for Favorite Challenge. Yay.

guys i need a fennekin avatar reel bad ;(

Azazel
January 8th, 2013, 01:57 PM
New games will mean new Favorite Challenge thread! :) I will probably wait a month or two after release and keep the B2W2 one up till then. I'm so ready for the XY prefix btw. Not like it'll be used but it's great when I have to tell the admins to add a new prefix, lmao. ...Oh. I'll be using it for Favorite Challenge. Yay.

guys i need a fennekin avatar reel bad ;(
Fennekin is so awesome, it should be a Challenge Mascot with Swablu! :)

I'll probably do an X/Y challenge after I beat it to give the tag some use too. I don't know what yet though...

Alli
January 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
No, Swablu forever. XD If I remember right, I think InfernoRogue and I came up with that. Something about Challenges being a nest and me being Altaria and then all the challengers being Swablu. And thus that was born! You can't just make something a mascot, haha.

You should do Favorite Challenge, duh! :) ...When it's got its Gen VI version obviously.

Azazel
January 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
No, Swablu forever. XD If I remember right, I think InfernoRogue and I came up with that. Something about Challenges being a nest and me being Altaria and then all the challengers being Swablu. And thus that was born! You can't just make something a mascot, haha.

You should do Favorite Challenge, duh! :) ...When it's got its Gen VI version obviously.
Oh I definitely will, but I meant I would run a challenge with the tag also.

And there's no reason they could not coexist. :D
Though I do understand why we wouldn't add another.

jdthebud
January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Well, I still have no clue if the game will be possible to play on emulators, not like there are any 3DS emus out there. :/ Still it looks really cool.

SuperKirbyFan
January 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Well, I still have no clue if the game will be possible to play on emulators, not like there are any 3DS emus out there. :/ Still it looks really cool.

You could just play it on an actual cartridge.

jdthebud
January 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM
You could just play it on an actual cartridge.I may end up doing that, but not until its been out for a while.

Azazel
January 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I plan on buying both at once, which I've never done before. But the first one I play will become my breeding foundry, and the other will be used for challenges! :D

vaporeon7
January 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I don't like restarting my cartridge games though because I have a habit of completing them fully.

Also Flareon > Fennekin if we were having a fire mascot imo

MattyJ
January 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Just a quick question, what are people's thoughts on an 'All Star' Challenge (and, does anyone know if this has been done before)?

This challenge would involve players selecting a team of up to six Pokemon out of a certain category. Each category would be made up of 8-13 Pokemon (to give challengers a bit of a selection), and contain the signature Pokemon of the Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four and/or Champion of each region (haven't decided which to include yet), giving a grand total of about 65 Pokemon to choose from. The teams wouldn't be restricted to individual regions, so, for example, people selecting from the Kanto All Stars could challenge Unova (meaning Ultimate challenges are possible).

By way of an example, the Kanto All Stars 'options' would be:
Brock - Onix
Misty - Starmie
Lt. Surge - Raichu
Erika - Vileplume
Koga - Muk
Sabrina - Alakazam
Blaine - Rapidash
Giovanni - Rhydon
Lorelei - Dewgong
Bruno - Machamp
Agatha - Gengar
Lance - Dragonite
Green/Blue - Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise (1 only)

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense... I haven't 'proposed' a challenge before! Just thinking about ideas for challenges I'd like to do!
I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this - I might be inspired to make a challenge!

Dr. Slavic
January 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I like the idea! It would give variety in the team and I'd be happy to participate in it!

As for me, with Pokemon X and Y coming out, I wanted to create a challenge, where you go through a game/games using either an X team or a Y team, and the Pokemon would be based on body shape (Metagross - X, Porygon-Z - Y), designs on the Pokemon (Drifblim - X, Beeheeyem - Y), or gender chromosomes (Nidoqueen - X, Nidoking - Y). Before I posted anything, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it.

Enigma
January 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM
So apparently the challenges section was added to the profile.

REJOICE!

I guess my long post yesterday did the trick, lol

So apparently we all need to hurry and finish our Ultimate challenges now. Cause once 6th gen is out, we're gonna have yet another game to add to the requirements. XD

And awesome! We got a place for challenges!

It's gonna suck for me, I have to cram in all my ultimates before October-ish.

Yeah, that was us. :3 Initially Syd posted on my challenge list in my blog, and talked about wrapping me in Swanna wings, then I said maybe Syd could be the Mantine and we were Remoraid, something like that. We finally settled on Swablu/Altaria, and I'm glad we did.

Because of the release of these games, if there isn't one already, I'm sure people will get to working on them.

I don't like restarting my cartridge games though because I have a habit of completing them fully.

Also Flareon > Fennekin if we were having a fire mascot imo

Agreed about the Flareon until we see what Fennekin's evos look like.

Azazel
January 8th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Just a quick question, what are people's thoughts on an 'All Star' Challenge (and, does anyone know if this has been done before)?

This challenge would involve players selecting a team of up to six Pokemon out of a certain category. Each category would be made up of 8-13 Pokemon (to give challengers a bit of a selection), and contain the signature Pokemon of the Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four and/or Champion of each region (haven't decided which to include yet), giving a grand total of about 65 Pokemon to choose from. The teams wouldn't be restricted to individual regions, so, for example, people selecting from the Kanto All Stars could challenge Unova (meaning Ultimate challenges are possible).
Interesting concept. It's generally a good idea to have each category be a set of guidelines though, rather than explicitly giving a selection of Pokemon. Take my Vault Hunter's challenge for example. I give a set of requirements that a Pokemon should meet in order to fill a certain role on the team. This allows people to get creative and give them more options for Pokemon (or at least make them feel like there's more options).
As for me, with Pokemon X and Y coming out, I wanted to create a challenge, where you go through a game/games using either an X team or a Y team, and the Pokemon would be based on body shape (Metagross - X, Porygon-Z - Y), designs on the Pokemon (Drifblim - X, Beeheeyem - Y), or gender chromosomes (Nidoqueen - X, Nidoking - Y). Before I posted anything, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it.
That's pretty cool too. I feel like the Gender one is just Gender discrimination though. But the Body shape one is definitely an idea. :D

Alli
January 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM

I love this idea! :) And even though someone mentioned Gender Discrimination challenge, I don't think that would really interfere with it if you allowed the male/female thing. Perhaps allowing a mixture of body type and chromosomal? I think that'd be awesome.

Yeah, that was us. :3 Initially Syd posted on my challenge list in my blog, and talked about wrapping me in Swanna wings, then I said maybe Syd could be the Mantine and we were Remoraid, something like that. We finally settled on Swablu/Altaria, and I'm glad we did.

<3 !

So am I! Swablu/Altaria just...fits! XD

Enigma
January 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I like the idea! It would give variety in the team and I'd be happy to participate in it!

This sounds like quite an awesome potential challenge. I would be definitely interested in it.
(This chromosome thing is really ironic, as we are doing genetics in my class at school right now...what nice timing)

<3 !

So am I! Swablu/Altaria just...fits! XD
I honestly could not imagine any other evolutionary line to be our "mascots". They do fit really well, although I cannot put a finger on exactly why.

MattyJ
January 8th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Interesting concept. It's generally a good idea to have each category be a set of guidelines though, rather than explicitly giving a selection of Pokemon. Take my Vault Hunter's challenge for example. I give a set of requirements that a Pokemon should meet in order to fill a certain role on the team. This allows people to get creative and give them more options for Pokemon (or at least make them feel like there's more options).

Hmm, so you'd say it would be better if I picked two or three Pokemon from each Leader's team, and gave people a choice of what to use? I was thinking maybe five lots of ~13 Pokemon to choose from would be enough... People would be able to use less that six if they so desired...

Hmm.. Maybe I need to think about it a little more.

Thanks for your input! :)

11wildy
January 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Swablu fits so well because Sygian is just so... Altaria like! ;D beautiful and elegant, but she can Draco Meteor you to death if you don't watch out :P

And yeah, new generations means even more monotypes to do ;D And it will take even longer to complete them all! Now if I was only good with paint and could add XY beneath my (stolen) chart... xD

myrrhman
January 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Oh god, its going to take JD and I so long to edit our challenges rofl.

jdthebud
January 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Oh god, its going to take JD and I so long to edit our challenges rofl.
I'm focused on the ones that stick around, that makes it easier lol. and Myrrh, you need to get on the monotype lists. At least we have 10 months to go.

vaporeon7
January 9th, 2013, 06:17 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120829010649/es.pokemon/images/5/52/EP340_Altaria_y_Swablu.jpg
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2012/029/6/6/altaria_and_swablu_by_laurafufu-d4nyb0h.jpg

And yet the challenges emblem has Primeape on it. That was my first of 100 emblems too. And probably one of my favourites.

jdthebud
January 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120829010649/es.pokemon/images/5/52/EP340_Altaria_y_Swablu.jpg
http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2012/029/6/6/altaria_and_swablu_by_laurafufu-d4nyb0h.jpg

And yet the challenges emblem has Primeape on it. That was my first of 100 emblems too. And probably one of my favourites.
Wierd thing is that I don't have that emblem yet. *winks at Sydian*

Honeyman
January 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Emblem? I never heard of any emblem...

Enigma
January 9th, 2013, 09:15 PM

100 emblems, wow.

look how cute those pictures are omg So glad we chose Swablu/Altaria.

Alli
January 9th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Swablu fits so well because Sygian is just so... Altaria like! ;D beautiful and elegant, but she can Draco Meteor you to death if you don't watch out

This is the best way anyone has described me. XD

And omg I always forget we have an emblem. I think it was made before the whole Swablu thing, and I was thinking of changing it anyway. But that Primeape and the name of the emblem fit so well. idek. Nick got his ego emblem completely changed, so perhaps I could do that some time for the Challenge Chugger emblem. Or was it Champion...

i still have to edit and make an emblem for stocking stuffer oh god

edit: omgosfds thealtariaandthebbyswabluandthecuteandthefluffyandomggggg osjdfaljrs chirp!!

Enigma
January 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
This is the best way anyone has described me. XD

And omg I always forget we have an emblem. I think it was made before the whole Swablu thing, and I was thinking of changing it anyway. But that Primeape and the name of the emblem fit so well. idek. Nick got his ego emblem completely changed, so perhaps I could do that some time for the Challenge Chugger emblem. Or was it Champion...

i still have to edit and make an emblem for stocking stuffer oh god

edit: omgosfds thealtariaandthebbyswabluandthecuteandthefluffyandomggggg osjdfaljrs chirp!!

The emblem is called "Challenge Champ".

11wildy
January 10th, 2013, 12:26 AM
I want the emblem D: And I just noticed I mistyped Sydian, sorry for that :(

Apart from that, I posted a team in in-game team rate, but nobody actually cares to look there so I didn't get any help on it yet xP. It's monotype though, but I need a bit of help to be able to beat my friend.

Altaria being awesome forever<3

mamoswineftw
January 10th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hey guys,

I'm currently overseas and have gone and left my ds/games back home. Since I have some free time, I was hoping to do a challenge or two, but I've exhausted myself of Kanto and Johto, and would appreciate a break from Hoenn for a bit. I really want to do Sinnoh and Unova, but I want to know if anyone can recommend an emulator to use?

Please understand that I am not requesting roms, just an emulator.

Also, I would prefer if there were some way to have sped up gameplay? Maybe not to th degree of the speed button on vba, but something to allow me to quicker complete a challenge.

Cheers in advance.

And I just remembered something else - can someone enlighten me on how to make banners? Or know someone who could do some? I really like the look of (for example) jdthebud's banner for his USCs.

Cheers

Azazel
January 10th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Hey guys,

I'm currently overseas and have gone and left my ds/games back home. Since I have some free time, I was hoping to do a challenge or two, but I've exhausted myself of Kanto and Johto, and would appreciate a break from Hoenn for a bit. I really want to do Sinnoh and Unova, but I want to know if anyone can recommend an emulator to use?

Please understand that I am not requesting roms, just an emulator.

Also, I would prefer if there were some way to have sped up gameplay? Maybe not to th degree of the speed button on vba, but something to allow me to quicker complete a challenge.

Cheers in advance.

And I just remembered something else - can someone enlighten me on how to make banners? Or know someone who could do some? I really like the look of (for example) jdthebud's banner for his USCs.

Cheers

I think your question may be better suited to the emulation forum. In fact there may already be a thread there with recommended emulators. :)

mamoswineftw
January 10th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Thanks NecrumWarrior, I managed to find the page there.

Cutielaurenie
January 10th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I came up with an idea. Someone probably came up with this idea. Its basically a Weakness challange. So, say you chose Bulbasaur. You cannot catch any Pokemon unless Bulbasaur is weak to that Pokemon or its Evolutions. It would be interesting to see what you will catch. Also, when you catch a Pokemon you have to progress onto that Pokemons weakness. Also, you can't have 2 Pokemon of the same type... Heres an example team for the Weakness challange so you get the idea. Bulbasaur>Growlithe>Tentacool>Mr. Mime>Caterpie>Pidgey

If no-one has made a challange like this, I will make this challange because I like the idea of it. I'll also participate in it.

vaporeon7
January 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I came up with an idea. Someone probably came up with this idea. Its basically a Weakness challange. So, say you chose Bulbasaur. You cannot catch any Pokemon unless Bulbasaur is weak to that Pokemon or its Evolutions. It would be interesting to see what you will catch. Also, when you catch a Pokemon you have to progress onto that Pokemons weakness. Also, you can't have 2 Pokemon of the same type... Heres an example team for the Weakness challange so you get the idea. Bulbasaur>Growlithe>Tentacool>Mr. Mime>Caterpie>Pidgey

If no-one has made a challange like this, I will make this challange because I like the idea of it. I'll also participate in it.

It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if anyone made it. Also it's good that you know to sign yourself up (most common mistake ever).

Also can someone choose the last Pokémon for my challenge, it's free choice. Click Here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=14877)

Alli
January 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Your wish has been granted, Vappy! I'm getting behind on my Emerald HoF. With school starting and all it's been bleh. :(

Azazel
January 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Syd you so greedy! :P

I made a choice since Syd already chose one of your team.

Cutielaurenie
January 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I suppose its not made, I'll search for something like it.

Alpha King
January 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM
It sounds familiar, but I'm not sure if anyone made it. Also it's good that you know to sign yourself up (most common mistake ever).

Also can someone choose the last Pokémon for my challenge, it's free choice. Click Here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=14877)

Is there a thread for the HoF challenge? If so, I may be interested in doing it (since my Favorite challenge is basically a bust b/c no eggs ;; ).

Azazel
January 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Is there a thread for the HoF challenge? If so, I may be interested in doing it (since my Favorite challenge is basically a bust b/c no eggs ;; ).
Bill, I already told you to go actually post in threads. No one uses Quick Trade. You can still do it.

vaporeon7
January 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM

There isn't, Sydian made a note that many people take a lot of time to do them, and they have a potential of death, so they really just happen in blogs. They work well there though.

Azazel
January 11th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I might do one eventually. I am capable of breeding every Pokemon right now, so you know, whatever. It looks like a really long process though. o 3o

Alli
January 11th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Hall of Fame is just a personal challenge I made for myself, and vaporeon7 is the only other person I know that's doing it. Someone once asked me to make them a team for a gen II one, but I never saw them again lol. It's just something I feel that if you're gonna do it, make it a personal thing. Doesn't need to be community wise, as it's pretty difficult and it allows someone to set their own rules. It's tons of fun though, but you run the risk of getting burnt out on some Pokemon. I did it for gen V when White was new and I don't wanna use most gen V Pokemon again after it haha.

Azazel
January 11th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I need to beat the Rematch Iris in W2, but after that I may do one for the Unova 2 dex. It will likely be a very leisurely pace though since I have a bunch of other challenges I do.

Alpha King
January 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Oh I see, so there aren't any like set rules of it? Or I'm a total dunce tonight and am not comprehending anything.

Sidenote: Necrrum you are my hero

Ilikrandomness
January 11th, 2013, 07:46 PM
I always thought that it would be good to make a challenge to make people reconsider some aspects of pokemon they didn't before. What about the Earth, Sky, and Life challenge where the stats that come into play are weight, height, and HP.
You set two pokemon on your team to be representative to each Earth, Sky, and Life, and the heavier, taller, or more HP they have, the better off you are.
Ex: Earth representatives total 200 lbs, you may allow 2 pokemon to hold items.
Get 20 feet from sky reps, you may use super potions
Get 150 total HP from Life reps and you are allowed to switch your pokemon out.

This isn't set in stone yet but I think a general "improvement" system as in the more of these stats the more freedom you have could work. Lemme know what you think.

Azazel
January 11th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I always thought that it would be good to make a challenge to make people reconsider some aspects of pokemon they didn't before. What about the Earth, Sky, and Life challenge where the stats that come into play are weight, height, and HP.
You set two pokemon on your team to be representative to each Earth, Sky, and Life, and the heavier, taller, or more HP they have, the better off you are.
Ex: Earth representatives total 200 lbs, you may allow 2 pokemon to hold items.
Get 20 feet from sky reps, you may use super potions
Get 150 total HP from Life reps and you are allowed to switch your pokemon out.

This isn't set in stone yet but I think a general "improvement" system as in the more of these stats the more freedom you have could work. Lemme know what you think.
It does seem like an interesting concept, but one that requires a little fine tuning perhaps. Though, to be honest, I don't really know what to do to make it work.

Alli
January 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Oh I see, so there aren't any like set rules of it? Or I'm a total dunce tonight and am not comprehending anything.

As long as you're not changing it too much to where it's not recognizable haha. The general rules are that you pick a generation (or you can do all gens) and get a team of 6 put together (I asked the community for my Pokemon, which you can see if you check my blog and look at the Unova Hall of Fame section) and use them to beat the Elite Four, thus getting into the Hall of Fame. You use only fully evolved forms, however you could use all Pokemon including NFE if you want. When doing it by generation, I include baby Pokemon that were introduced (using Wynaut for gen III HoF) and using Pokemon that were previously stand alone (Scyther in a gen I HoF). You can't use the E4 to grind levels, obviously.

I hope that makes sense? It's almost midnight lmfao.

myrrhman
January 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM

To answer an old question, there was a Gym Disadvantage challenge where you could only use Pokemon in each Gym that were weak to the Gym's "main" type, but nothing exactly like what you said.

vaporeon7
January 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM
As long as you're not changing it too much to where it's not recognizable haha. The general rules are that you pick a generation (or you can do all gens) and get a team of 6 put together (I asked the community for my Pokemon, which you can see if you check my blog and look at the Unova Hall of Fame section) and use them to beat the Elite Four, thus getting into the Hall of Fame. You use only fully evolved forms, however you could use all Pokemon including NFE if you want. When doing it by generation, I include baby Pokemon that were introduced (using Wynaut for gen III HoF) and using Pokemon that were previously stand alone (Scyther in a gen I HoF). You can't use the E4 to grind levels, obviously.

I hope that makes sense? It's almost midnight lmfao.

That is pretty much it. The one I'm doing at the moment is every Pokémon in existence in Black 2. They're lots of fun and great for people who want to do a challenge, but not start a new game.

Ilikrandomness
January 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
It does seem like an interesting concept, but one that requires a little fine tuning perhaps. Though, to be honest, I don't really know what to do to make it work.

Yeah at that point it was just the basic concept, but I think I have a general idea now. How is this?

The Earth, Sky, and Life Challenge:

Every Pokemon has an inherent energy in them that often remains untapped. As trainers, our battling styles as well as modern technology have made it so that these aspects of Pokemon are little more than a simple statistic. But as a purist, one should be aware of the limits, and triumphs of the inherent energies in Pokemon through this challenge.

Simply, there are 3 aspects in this challenge Earth (shown by Weight), Sky (visible in Height), and Life (correlating to HP). Each Pokemon you catch and use in your party will immediately specialize in one of these aspects, and the inherent energy from them will be put to use. However, once a Pokemon has chosen a specialty, it cannot switch to another. More than that, without utilizing these specialties to optimal levels can make being a trainer rather difficult...unless you enjoy restrictions.

The energies go as such:
(I haven't put specific amounts up yet so I'm just going in cumlulative order)

Earth: The ability of the Pokemon to use it's own potential.
?? total lbs: One Pokemon may hold an item
?? total lbs: Two Pokemon my hold items
?? total lbs: Six Pokemon may hold items

Sky: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of the environment
?? total feet: Potions and all Single Status cures may be used
?? total feet: Super Potions and Fresh Water may be used
?? total feet: Hyper Potions, all berries, Soda Pop, and Lemonade my be used
?? total feet: Moomoo Milk, full heals, and all Herbs may be used
?? total feet: Max Potions and PP increasing items may be used
?? total feet: All items may be used

Life: The ability of Pokemon to use the potential of it's wisdom
?? total HP: You may use TMs and HMs
?? total HP: You may run away from battles
?? total HP: You may use items during battle
?? total HP: You may switch out Pokemon during battle

Keep in mind that you may opt to specialize all of your Pokemon in a single aspect, or balance them out across, but neglect a single one and you may find that the life of a purist can be quite...challenging.

Life got fewer mainly because it is hard to find specific trainer tactic restrictions and restricting the bike I thought would be too much with TMs and HMs being conditional.

jdthebud
January 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I would based the HP stuff on the Base HP stat rather than the actual HP, since that changes the higher you level up. Something like 75-150-225-300 for that one, maybe? Not sure how the other stat values should work.

Ilikrandomness
January 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
For HP I thought it would be good to keep it for leveling up since if you selected your Life Pokemon early on you most likely would get the bare minimum of almost essential functions. As for the other stats I can just figure out the average height and weight of Pokemon from each reigon and apply that figure to that game. What I like about this is that you get to choose to either get a favorite team and face the potential challenges that come with it, ot try to get the best stats and work to find the best team for that.

Alpha King
January 12th, 2013, 09:37 PM
That is pretty much it. The one I'm doing at the moment is every Pokémon in existence in Black 2. They're lots of fun and great for people who want to do a challenge, but not start a new game.

Oh okay, so you try to beat the elite four with different Pokemon after you've already ebaten them the first time? Like, you use your team in BW2 and then challenge it again with different teams?

Honeyman
January 12th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I might as well bring up this little thing that I created. (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/)

Jbsundown
January 13th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Whilst playing through the Legendary Trio challenge, I realised that I was going through the game at a very fast rate. After completing Crystal in under 24 hours (real time) and around 30 hours (in game time) I was thinking of creating a speed challenge, one that involves every Pokémon game out there and people try to get the quickest time possible for that game. Looking around, I couldn't find anything that resembled that challenge.
Does anyone think that this is a good idea? :)

Azazel
January 13th, 2013, 11:23 AM
That sounds like the extremespeed challenge being run by lmfao. Word up. It can be found in this forum. Its basically just a speed run.

11wildy
January 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Sorry for not responding in a while, I'm extremely busy. I'm not even able to do any challenges now. :(

vaporeon7
January 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I don't want to do any speed runs for a while, especially after the pain of that Get-Together Challenge. My Blastoise was soooo underlevelled.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/129/9/7/altaria_with_baby_swablu_by_acidkitty3-d3fxs2f.gif

Honeyman
January 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Sure, sure... Just IGNORE something that I feel quite proud of.

Jerks...

jdthebud
January 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM

Jerks...I don't think that was intentional, the next post went to the next page, so it can be easy for people to miss it, I know I did until I saw this comment. Save your vitrol for real malice, please.

And good job on creating that page, although to be honest I am not a Reddit user. If you can make it big that would be cool though.

Azazel
January 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I actually could not tell it was a link until you said that. Sorry. That is pretty cool.

vaporeon7
January 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I honestly don't know what Reddit is. I like your self proclaimed title though.

11wildy
January 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Yeah it's cool, although I've seen some of them already :)

myrrhman
January 14th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Jerks...

How old is this? I thought I looked for something like this a long time ago rofl.

jdthebud
January 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM
How old is this? I thought I looked for something like this a long time ago rofl.
Pretty sure it was just created.

Ryker
January 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
CatchlessChallenge
Go through the game using only Pokémon given to you by NPC's.Rules 1. I said given to you, not traded to you.
No in-game trades, or trades at all.
2. No catching any Pokémon at all under any circumstances.

Can someone start a thread for this please, I will join as soon as.

Azazel
January 14th, 2013, 02:59 PM
CatchlessChallenge
Go through the game using only Pokémon given to you by NPC's.Rules 1. I said given to you, not traded to you.
No in-game trades, or trades at all.
2. No catching any Pokémon at all under any circumstances.

Can someone start a thread for this please, I will join as soon as.
I think there used to be a challenge just like this. Anyway, if you plan on participating then why have someone else post the thread? You may as well do it your self. It's fun to be in charge of a challenge!

Ryker
January 14th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I think there used to be a challenge just like this. Anyway, if you plan on participating then why have someone else post the thread? You may as well do it your self. It's fun to be in charge of a challenge!
Yeah good point. But I was wondering, do you think this would even become popular?

Alli
January 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM

Jerks...

Late, but please refrain from the insults. No one is intentionally ignoring you. Like JD says, posts that are last on a page tend to get missed. No need to get upset.

Rainbow Arcanine
January 14th, 2013, 08:52 PM

Hmm yeah I'm agreeing with Necrum :3! If you're participating you might as well make the thread yourself and its definitely fun organising it! However if you want someone else to do it, I'm sure I could do it if you want <3!

Ryker
January 14th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Hmm yeah I'm agreeing with Necrum :3! If you're participating you might as well make the thread yourself and its definitely fun organising it! However if you want someone else to do it, I'm sure I could do it if you want <3!

You can do it if you want. Im really not bothered ;-)

myrrhman
January 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Yeah good point. But I was wondering, do you think this would even become popular?

Brutal truth answer: I really don't think any challenge will be close to as popular as the monotype/solo/favorite/random challenge. You'll most likely have 4 or 5 people join and maybe complete it, but it most likely won't make it. However, those 4 or 5 people will have fun doing a fun challenge, so I say go for it!

Ryker
January 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Brutal truth answer: I really don't think any challenge will be close to as popular as the monotype/solo/favorite/random challenge. You'll most likely have 4 or 5 people join and maybe complete it, but it most likely won't make it. However, those 4 or 5 people will have fun doing a fun challenge, so I say go for it!

Kk thanks for being honest, id rather the truth than lies. ;-)

Azazel
January 15th, 2013, 10:10 AM
It is really sad that more challenges don't really build up steam. I would love to see the Gym Leader challenge be a bigger thing, but as long as it's split by gen I doubt it ever will be. :(

Ryker
January 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Um necrumwarrior are you gonna make that thread or should i?

Rewy
January 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I'm curious...

Has there ever been a body style challenge?

Azazel
January 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
@Ryker, wut?

@Rewy, yes, I don't know if it's still active, but it's around here somewhere...

Rainbow Arcanine
January 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Hmm I've already made the thread Ryker just waiting for approval! But hopefully it'll rack up a few participants so we'll see how popular it gets. <3

ArcanineIsDaBomb
January 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
(This is Golurk by the way, not Sophie, so she isn't double posting!)

Okay so I have a new challenge idea, and was hoping for some critique!

The Low Level Challenge

So the basic idea of this challenge is to have really low levels. Seems simple enough, right? (I word things really confusingly, so try not to get confused until I've explained it all!)

Okay, so the challenge doesn't start until you get repels.* Until that point you can't buy pokeballs, and so you can't catch pokemon other than your starter. However, you're going to want to keep your starter low leveled (so picking one super effective against a gym is wise) because here's the catch: When going to catch a pokemon, you must use a repel first. That way, pokemon will only appear if your pokemon are really low leveled, and then you can add them to your team. When catching a pokemon, your highest leveled pokemon must be in front of the party.

And then there will be some "check ups" along the way. So like, at the 3rd gym for this game there's a level cap of __ and at gym 7 there's a level cap of __ with a level cap of 55 or something for the elite four (although it depends on which game)

So that's the basics! What do you think?

*I now realize you don't need repels and could just check to make sure the pokemon's level is lower or equal to your highest pokemon. Oh well! :D

-Golurk

Ilikrandomness
January 15th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Hey I've never posted a challenge before I joined this forum and I wanted to see if people wouldn't mind looking at my Purist Challenge and telling me what you think. It's in the general challenge forum and I'd be happy to see some feedback. I don't know if this is what the thread is made for but hey the worst that would happen for something like this I expect is the post being removed so, why not go for broke?

Alli
January 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Hey I've never posted a challenge before I joined this forum and I wanted to see if people wouldn't mind looking at my Purist Challenge and telling me what you think. It's in the general challenge forum and I'd be happy to see some feedback. I don't know if this is what the thread is made for but hey the worst that would happen for something like this I expect is the post being removed so, why not go for broke?

Don't worry, your challenge got approved, so there's no chance of it getting removed at this point. Your challenge is a bit complicated for my liking, but there are some people that really enjoy that stuff, so I'm sure you'll have some people join in soon.

vaporeon7
January 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'm personally not a fan of challenges with lots of complicated rules. I tend to forget and it's a lot easier for me to break the rules and not notice.

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM
omg why is the wedlocke challenge so popular now lmao. Well. I say it's popular, but no one has signed up for it except like one or two people, but there's the active thread, one I accidentally approved cause I forgot the first one, and then another that was waiting on approval today and I was like "omg if it's so popular, why aren't people joining the one that's already up ;;"

Not trying to embarrass anyone, I mean, I'm embarrassed I approved a challenge even though it was already up. I feel bad now. :(

Azazel
January 16th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.

Ryker
January 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
How about a nuzlocke were you have to do it against someone else? would anyone like that?

BlueShellBeast
January 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
How about a nuzlocke were you have to do it against someone else? would anyone like that?
Do you mean that as in a race against someone else to see who can finish first?

myrrhman
January 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.

Aye. I'm doing solos for the fully evolved form of every 1st gen family. Started from the top. Went through Pidgeot and Fearow. Brock was hard, the rest was easy, which is saying something, considering they only have Normal/Flying moves.

11wildy
January 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Sydian, don't feel bad for it, it's not that important :).

As for the Wedlocke, I never actually bothered doing one, sounds like a normal nuzlocke to me.. Just with an extra rule. I prefer my rule of evo=death, made things a bit more interesting at least >;D

I did a few solo runs too, but the only difficult ones throughout the whole game were Delibird and strangely, Infernape, because it was so frail. Even Eevee was easyer after having beaten Brock and being at level idkveryhigh

Ryker
January 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Do you mean that as in a race against someone else to see who can finish first?

Yeah but bear in mind other things not just speed: Amount of Deaths etc :-)

vaporeon7
January 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah but bear in mind other things not just speed: Amount of Deaths etc :-)

I suppose you could just post it in the Nuzlocke thread. I'd probably have to mae another section, but that's okay.

Ryker
January 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I suppose you could just post it in the Nuzlocke thread. I'd probably have to mae another section, but that's okay.

So should I make a completely new tjread or not?

vaporeon7
January 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
So should I make a completely new tjread or not?

No I don't think so, after all, it's just the Nuzlocke, but against someone else. If you and someone else post about it in the thread, when I update next I'll create a special section or something for you.

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Yeah, no need for a new Nuzlocke race thread. If you can get someone to race you that starts at the same time as you, then I say go for it and just keep it in the Nuzlocke thread. Plus you just got permission from the member running it!

Also, you guys are my favorite members. After getting a rude thread about me in CQ&F today (and not even being online to defend myself and it's locked now), I was pretty pissed off and thought "why the hell am I even still here?" but you guys are wonderful and the challenge forum in general makes me totally happy. So thanks for being sane, nice, wonderful Swablu bbys! :) <3

vaporeon7
January 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Also, you guys are my favorite members. After getting a rude thread about me in CQ&F today (and not even being online to defend myself and it's locked now), I was pretty pissed off and thought "why the hell am I even still here?" but you guys are wonderful and the challenge forum in general makes me totally happy. So thanks for being sane, nice, wonderful Swablu bbys! :) <3

I saw that, and I felt really bad for you :(

Also Syd, you reeeeeally have to do something about that Christmas event.

Azazel
January 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
OMG! What!? Someone was trashing you!? That's horrible! You're like, the best mod ever! (Sorry Trade Corner mods...)

Necrum gives Syd a hug!

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 07:59 PM
-hugs NecrumWarrior!- :)

Also Vappy, Derozio is making the emblem. :) It's in the announcement! Once it's finished and uploaded, I'll be going into the thread and getting the lists updated and passing it out.

Azazel
January 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Twilight blade saw me say that...

>.>

<.<

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
That's okay! She's not a Trade Corner mod. She's a super mod. ;)

Rewy
January 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Well that was a fast Champion list update Syd. I was almost about to message you just incase.
Also, yay first challenge here completed.

Now to continue a few others I've started, but not doing on the threads.

Halfcadence
January 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Sydddddddd we lovvvvveeeeee yoooooouuuu. I find it hard to believe anyone would hold any sort of animosity towards you, let alone enough to start an entire thread about it. I stick around here because everyone is so awesome and welcoming, and you have always been a big part of that. You just keep doing you and let the haters go suck a butt.

(P.S. - Reason gajillion why I like PC so much: It forces you to be more creative with your swearing :P )

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
@Rewy: Yeah, I was curious to see what you did in your update and noticed it was your final, so that's how it got updated so fast. XD

@Huggermugger: You're too sweet! <3 :) And "go suck a butt" reminds me of how in the censored version of The Hangover, at the end, that guy's fiancee (or ex at that point really) is like "suck my butt" instead of the other phrase. And I'm always like "is it REALLY that bad to say that word?" lol

Rewy
January 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Yes, well after Ghetsis there's not much to update about ^^; Just... grinding... getting TMs... and finding the motivation to go on, even though other few million games are still waiting...

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
If it makes you feel better, I never have a desire to play any post game stuff no matter what game it is. idk why, I've just never been a huge fan of post game. Probably because most challenges are finished after you beat the Champion, so I have no need to go further. BW's post game is awful though, so I don't blame you for being bored with it.

Azazel
January 16th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I really wish standard for BW was not beating Alder. I mean, you basically become champion by beating N because N himself became champion by beating Alder. And it's just so friggin hard to grind that much post game. I would change the Monotype to reflect this, but so many people already finished by defeating Alder, so it would be pretty unfair. So unless at some point the general standard changes (doubtful) that's the way it has to be I guess...

myrrhman
January 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, no need for a new Nuzlocke race thread. If you can get someone to race you that starts at the same time as you, then I say go for it and just keep it in the Nuzlocke thread. Plus you just got permission from the member running it!

Someone was rude to Syddy? Tell me who, I'll beat them up.

I don't have any idea why anyone would ever be mean to you... You are literally the most helpful/awesomest/nicest/best mod I have ever seen. I CHALLENGE* another mod to be better than you.

* This post is now more on topic than the last few >.<