PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rewy
January 16th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Not really bored with it. I just... found it way too easy. >.> And with that I kept losing interest on the leveling after just 30 minutes. I'm now though free to go take my Black to Gamestop along with a few other piled up games to get Black 2 (since I'm so cheap that I won't want to restart my White2...)

To be honest I got my SoulSilver when it was released in Japan. I still haven't gone to beat Red. Mostly because if I do. It's over finally... and then I most certainly won't have any reason to go derp around with Yellow Forest, Winner's Path and all other events I have stashed there.
I'm looking at you Suicune for Zoroark event (on BW) and Celebi for the Giovanni event.

Alli
January 16th, 2013, 10:24 PM
@NecrumWarrior: I think I set all my challenges as "beat the E4 and you're done" which would just mean beating N in BW. Not all of them are set that way, but events I always set to that (I think). The grinding to go back for second round E4 is just horrendous. :|

@Myrrhman: Thank you, dear! <3 We won't name names though haha.

@Rewy: SoulSilver was the first game I had imported, actually. And if it helps, I've played both HG and SS countless times and have NEVER, on any file, gone to fight Red. The first time I'll do it is in my Gender Discrimination challenge. No where close to that point though, but yeah. Dreading it, even though I know he won't be that hard.

Ryker
January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
No I don't think so, after all, it's just the Nuzlocke, but against someone else. If you and someone else post about it in the thread, when I update next I'll create a special section or something for you.

Kk thanks a lot vaporeonn :)

11wildy
January 17th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Nobody hate on Sydian! Sydian is the most awesome member on all the Pokemon forums together! We'll always stand at your side! :) Besides, anything negative said about you is a lie^^ *Cyberhugs Syd*

I'm slowly progressing in my Pokemon Diamond, I'm doing a monotype rival run with a reallife friend. he uses Fight, I use Poison, after every gym we battle. I won 3 out of 3 so far. I love my Golbat and Gengar! >;P

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Not really bored with it. I just... found it way too easy. >.> And with that I kept losing interest on the leveling after just 30 minutes. I'm now though free to go take my Black to Gamestop along with a few other piled up games to get Black 2 (since I'm so cheap that I won't want to restart my White2...)

To be honest I got my SoulSilver when it was released in Japan. I still haven't gone to beat Red. Mostly because if I do. It's over finally... and then I most certainly won't have any reason to go derp around with Yellow Forest, Winner's Path and all other events I have stashed there.
I'm looking at you Suicune for Zoroark event (on BW) and Celebi for the Giovanni event.
You guys are crazy. There's so much cool stuff to do AFTER beating Red in that game. Like catching the Hoenn Legendary Pokemon (Groudon and Rayquaza in your case) and getting starter Pokemon from other regions. HGSS is the only game I know that can stay interesting even after beating the strongest trainer in the game. Just because of all the cool stuff jammed into the game. I really miss my Pokewalker...

Rewy
January 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
You guys are crazy. There's so much cool stuff to do AFTER beating Red in that game. Like catching the Hoenn Legendary Pokemon (Groudon and Rayquaza in your case) and getting starter Pokemon from other regions. HGSS is the only game I know that can stay interesting even after beating the strongest trainer in the game. Just because of all the cool stuff jammed into the game. I really miss my Pokewalker...

Well my problem is that I've played my Emerald through dozens of times and I haven plenty of Groudons, Kyogres and Rayquazas from that. I also have plenty of 1st gen starters Pal Parked from my GBA games. I've played tag with Latios in my SS and caught Latias in Pewter City (event).
Done more of less the same on my HeartGold last run and I'm just sort of... just sitting there with 16 badges always and looking at the level curve... and then going "nope", moving things to save on my Platinum or SS before thinking up a new run on it.

Only legendaries that I've never had are Jirachi and Palkia... and Palkia is just that my first game was Diamond, with over 100 hours played before I moved everything to White, and I'm too lazy to go get it in Platinum.

My Pokewalkers are almost all the time with me since they're in my bag (they get steps there) or pockets during the days.

Alli
January 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Necrum, if I could RNG HGSS, I would definitely have more incentive to beat it. XD

Thank you, Wildy! :) -hugs-

myrrhman
January 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Its funny, because you won the argument without even being there lol.

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM
It is pretty funny. I just hate that the thread had nothing to do with Syd, and then some a$$ decided to single her out in front of everyone. Seriously? Who does that?

Alli
January 17th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I wish I could win everything without being there. Trophies being sent to my door and what not lol. I think we can move past this topic guys. The issue was actually resolved before that thread, it just had its lingering drama. Glad it's over. It better not come back. I like my hair and don't wanna pull it out.

While I'm here and playing Emerald, I just want you to know...Tropius is a pain in the butt to train.

GolurkIsDaBomb
January 17th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Tropius are horrible to train, they take forever! That's why I gave up on mine and picked something else for my team ;) I hate when pokemon are weak and then are impossible to train. Like for one of the challenges I did, I had six pokemon from eggs... not fun. Especially when all bonsly could do was use copycat. >_<

Alpha King
January 17th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Syd I honestly don't understand why someone could flat out accuse you of being mean at all. People should realize the importance of communication, rather than blurting out their feelings cause it feels right (I learned that the hard way).

Anyways, I am really itching to do a challenge, and I know I have my favorite challenge almost ready to go, but I was thinking the monocolor challenge. I have never done it, but I love creeping on people's adventure logs (especially jdthebud's organized, professional looking ones lol). That brings to mind: which color is best?

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Bill, come get your eggs, they've been ready for like 3 days. :P

Green comes with some surprisingly good options. Like Yanmega, and Breloom. Oh, and Bronzong (I don't know how it's green either...)

Alpha King
January 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Bill, come get your eggs, they've been ready for like 3 days. :P

Green comes with some surprisingly good options. Like Yanmega, and Breloom. Oh, and Bronzong (I don't know how it's green either...)

Lol sorry bout that. In white I have to beat the first gym to get pal pad right? I'll get started.

With green, the only problem is almost all the awesome green pokemon come in Platinum (which I don't have), and none of the emulators I try ever work! That being said, I could do it on Soul Silver.

vaporeon7
January 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Syd I honestly don't understand why someone could flat out accuse you of being mean at all. People should realize the importance of communication, rather than blurting out their feelings cause it feels right (I learned that the hard way).

Anyways, I am really itching to do a challenge, and I know I have my favorite challenge almost ready to go, but I was thinking the monocolor challenge. I have never done it, but I love creeping on people's adventure logs (especially jdthebud's organized, professional looking ones lol). That brings to mind: which color is best?

Blue, Purple and Orange are fabulous colours imo. Or just choose you favourite.

Alpha King
January 17th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Blue, Purple and Orange are fabulous colours imo. Or just choose you favourite.

Yeah but it's too bad they left out Orange from the Pokedex, those jerks.

vaporeon7
January 17th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah but it's too bad they left out Orange from the Pokedex, those jerks.

They did!?! How dare they. I'm pretty sure Raichu is orange, not yellow.

Alli
January 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Golurk is apparently green also. Green is a good color btw. If anyone remembers the St. Patrick's Day challenge in 2011, it was basically a green monocolor, and I ended up with a pretty diverse team (I used Emerald btw). Gen V green monocolor is good too because Petilil! :)

@WeightyWillBill: Thank you darling. :)

@GolurkIsDaBomb: Sadly, I'm stuck with Tropius. :( Vappy has Kakuna though, so Tropius compared to that is a blessing. lol

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Golurk is apparently green also. Green is a good color btw. If anyone remembers the St. Patrick's Day challenge in 2011, it was basically a green monocolor, and I ended up with a pretty diverse team (I used Emerald btw). Gen V green monocolor is good too because Petilil! :)

@WeightyWillBill: Thank you darling. :)

@GolurkIsDaBomb: Sadly, I'm stuck with Tropius. :( Vappy has Kakuna though, so Tropius compared to that is a blessing. lol
I want to do a Green Monocolor now. Maybe in HG once I finish my Vault Hunter's challenge. Tyranitar is my favorite Pokemon after all, and Yanmega is pretty BA. Plus if I get a new Pokewalker I can get a Bronzor Post Game. Shroomish with Hoenn Sound. Whatever else I come up with. Lots of good ones as I said.

Oh yeah, and Meganium, my favorite starter. :D

vaporeon7
January 17th, 2013, 01:55 PM

That Kakuna (shudders). Well I managed to take out a Happiny in a couple of hits. I'm going to have to go buy some Eviolites.

Alpha King
January 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking when we get Gen VI, we should make a "one from all" kind of challenge. It would only be allowed on XY of course, but the player uses a Pokemon from each generation in their team (whether it be decided by favorites, or the user who posts next). There could be restrictions of course, like for each slot picking a type of Pokemon, kind of like what Syd and vaporeon do with their HoF challenge (e.g. when syd said "an ugly Pokemon").

Then again, I might be thinking way too far ahead lol.

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM
That's a good idea. Let your next person give a restriction to each Gen for your team choices, then build your team based on that. Awesome!

I'm finally breeding my Favorites team. This is gonna be fun. I love all the Pokemon on my team! (Not happy about raising Hydreigon again though)

Alli
January 17th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I was thinking of that too, and it's nice we'll finally have 6 gens to do so with!

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
All done breeding my team! Yay! Now I just gotta get to where I can trade them in.

Yeah, that challenge would be an excellent way to use the Tags, which almost never get used. I still wanna come up with more ideas for a 6th gen only challenge.

Alpha King
January 17th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Well, there will most definitely be another favorites challenge to include Gen VI.

Speaking of favorites challenge, I (partially) EV trained my Flacco (Murkrow) and Maitre'D (Corphish)! By partially I mean I trained them both with Lillipups and Patrats and Purrloins and got to like 60 attack EVs (good enough for me). I'm already loving these Pokemon!

Just thinking about Gen VI Favs challenge makes me excited to know that they'll probably introduce a new favorite of mine, which they always seem to do C:

Necrum
January 17th, 2013, 06:09 PM
I just hope that importing Pokemon will be possible, or else building teams is gonna be difficult for quite a while.

Honeyman
January 17th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I notice that I'm spending a lot less time on this site. I think its because
A) I'm mostly spending time on Reddit, moderating my subreddit
B) I'm on What-do-you-do.net, and we are somewhat planning to build our own RPG about out forum.
C) Midterms, nuff said.

So please, excuse my absence.

vaporeon7
January 17th, 2013, 11:51 PM
This Hall of Fame Challenge team will be really hard. I only have one Pokémon that isn't weak to fire and flying.

11wildy
January 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM
And in 6th gen, it would be possible to do a run using all the starters of one type! :D Awesomeness :)

Necrum
January 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM
This is true. We now have an opportunity for a starter monotype challenge. Should be interesting.

In other news, a small number of people have been popping into the challenge irc! I am still the only one there regularly though. So come hang out guys! I won't bite... Much...

Alli
January 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
@Honeyman: Don't worry about not being too active here. :) You may leave for a year and come back and I'd still remember you. XD

Anyway, I don't think they'd make trading and importing difficult for us...at least I'd hope not. They haven't blocked us from importing Pokemon for the past few generations, idk how this one would be different, unless they change some major systems like EVs/IVs and such. Which I hope they don't, because that'd mean relearning the system and most likely no importing. :/

ps: necrum doesn't bite he pecks

pss: i'll try to be in #swablunest tonight after dinner yay

vaporeon7
January 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
@Honeyman: Don't worry about not being too active here. :) You may leave for a year and come back and I'd still remember you. XD

Anyway, I don't think they'd make trading and importing difficult for us...at least I'd hope not. They haven't blocked us from importing Pokemon for the past few generations, idk how this one would be different, unless they change some major systems like EVs/IVs and such. Which I hope they don't, because that'd mean relearning the system and most likely no importing. :/

ps: necrum doesn't bite he pecks

pss: i'll try to be in #swablunest tonight after dinner yay

I got my laptop back so I can do challenges again! Now I'd better get ready for work. Ugh checkouts.

myrrhman
January 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Yeah honeyman, you could pull a myrrhman and disappear for like 6 months at a time. I do it all the time lol.

diamondmutt1111
January 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Just one question (I'm terribly sorry if you have answered this before Sydian): When is the next Event Challenge? I wanted to participate in the Stocking Stuffer Challenge, but sadly I never got around to it. :( But anywho, I will definitely sign-up for the next one!

btw, is my sig ok now?

Necrum
January 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I should do a mardi gras challenge. Syd, let me make it an event. :D

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
You're too late to ask for Mardi Gras event now though! I have something planned next month that I wanted to do last year, but something came up so I couldn't post it. Sorry. D: Next year we should have one though. Definitely.

diamondmutt1111
January 19th, 2013, 09:19 AM
You're too late to ask for Mardi Gras event now though! I have something planned next month that I wanted to do last year, but something came up so I couldn't post it. Sorry. D: Next year we should have one though. Definitely.

Awesome! sign-me up! :D Wait, so like 2014? Could it have something to do with X and Y? #speculation

11wildy
January 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Valentines day challenge, where we all use Luvdiscs and your favorite Pokemon and Altaria, and all Pokemon named Sydian ;D

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I guess Mardi Gras challenge will have to wait till 2014 lol. Trust me. Time goes by quick. We'll be there in no time.

Wildy is close, haha. It is a Valentine's Day challenge, but Luvdisc is not gonna be a team requirement. XD

11wildy
January 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
So probably only favorite and Altaria hmm :3. And I'll definitely name on Sydian :)

JUST MAKE IT MONOTYPEABLE PLEASE :D

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Neither of those, actually. ;) And idk if it will be monotypeable. It would be difficult to have it sorted in such a way that you could.

11wildy
January 19th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Just make the event the way you want it, I'll try to puzzle out the possibility :)

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'm sure if you plan your game and team carefully after I post it, you'll find a way to integrate a monotype in there. :P

vaporeon7
January 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Are we going to have that event to celebrate your birthday? We could use all your favourites. Is the Valentine's one the one where you said we would use other member's favourites, or was that later?

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 01:36 PM
There's a Pokemon you have to have that can fall into that category, but there are other options that don't require picking a friend. I'm sure most people will though, myself included. That's all the spoiling for now!

It'd be awesome to have an event around my birthday, haha. AlexOzzyCake made me a Christmas present which is basically a challenge centered around me, and I told him I might use that for an event some time. Only thing about my birthday is that it's in August and I start band camp then, so I'm busy. But oh well, I might do that anyway. Though the way he set up the challenge requires a gen V game to be played and I like the events to at least include one game from each gen if possible. Hm. Perhaps I can change the rules a little to allow more flexibility. It wouldn't hurt his feelings. AND. I turn 21 this year, so what a great year to have a Syd's Birthday Challenge. :P

vaporeon7
January 19th, 2013, 02:56 PM
There's a Pokemon you have to have that can fall into that category, but there are other options that don't require picking a friend. I'm sure most people will though, myself included. That's all the spoiling for now!

It'd be awesome to have an event around my birthday, haha. AlexOzzyCake made me a Christmas present which is basically a challenge centered around me, and I told him I might use that for an event some time. Only thing about my birthday is that it's in August and I start band camp then, so I'm busy. But oh well, I might do that anyway. Though the way he set up the challenge requires a gen V game to be played and I like the events to at least include one game from each gen if possible. Hm. Perhaps I can change the rules a little to allow more flexibility. It wouldn't hurt his feelings. AND. I turn 21 this year, so what a great year to have a Syd's Birthday Challenge. :P

Will one Pokémon represent drinking alcohol? xD

Necrum
January 19th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Way to ruin my fun Miss We-Love-Mardi-Gras. :P I had my idea for my challenge earlier, but I got busy at work and couldn't post for a while. Mind you Mardi Gras is actually a really long event. But I guess I'll have to tuck my idea away and hope I remember it a year from now.

diamondmutt1111
January 19th, 2013, 05:31 PM

what exactly does picking a friend mean? Slightly confused...

myrrhman
January 19th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Update to Project Perfect Pokemon (P3 Challenge):

Blue: Done!
Silver: 150ish out of 251 caught!
Stadium: In Round 2, only Giovanni, the Elite Four, and Mewtwo remain!
Stadium 2: I think I beat a Gym maybe?
Sapphire: 25 caught, but I've beaten the Elite Four. Let the catching spree commence! (Also I have Feebas already lol).
LeafGreen: 62 caught, but I've beaten the Elite Four, and gotten the Ruby and Sapphire, so I can trade to Sapphire! Got a Paras (Now I just need a Scyther or Zangoose and I'll have my Spore/False Swipe Breloom!)
Conquest: I'm not starting over a new game for this one, but I'm about halfway done with the campaigns. After I beat them all I'll start working on getting perfect links with all the warlords.

Alli
January 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
what exactly does picking a friend mean? Slightly confused...

You gotta wait till the thread is up! I'm not saying anything else about the event next month. :)

Will one Pokémon represent drinking alcohol? xD

I don't think that was included in his challenge...hahaha. Trying to think of a drunk Pokemon now. Slaking comes to mind. He looks drunk. Then he's screwing around every other turn doing drunk things.

Rewy
January 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Hrrrrrrr trying to think up a team for a challenge mode use. I mean to make it challenging just to play on my own.
(the one on my sig is for black 2 once it bothers to arrive from the mail...)

I have so far planned to have everyone evolve only once.

Dewott (NFE)
Flaaffy (NFE)
Flareon (Stone evo... and because I've never ever used one and there's now at least three physical fire attacks to choose from)
Archeops

I'm debating between a Simisage (because stone evolution to pair with Flareon) or Sawsbuck (because I've been curious to use it before)...
And not sure if I have anything valid to pair for Archeops. :<

...and if anyone wonders the "theme" is furry & fluffy

I'm just about trained up enough for Roxie with a Dewott and Flaaffy. After the gym I'm planning to grab an Archeops egg from another game. I'm just trying to think up a proper spots where to train and who and when to add more members to the team. I mean I could've just draggen Archen in straight after Cheren's fight.

Am free for ideas, since no one in my few friends seems to think playing pokemon is a proper way to pass time...

11wildy
January 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Altaria always is an option, and it's definitely fluffy! :)

Rewy
January 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Yis, incredibly fluffy but Route 14 is quite late to start training. Hmm... =/
Not impossible, but I'll consider it once I've decided with between the monkey and deer.

diamondmutt1111
January 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yis, incredibly fluffy but Route 14 is quite late to start training. Hmm... =/
Not impossible, but I'll consider it once I've decided with between the monkey and deer.

Simisage is kind of good...until the last few gyms and Elite Four....while Sawsbuck has a better movepool (Horn Leech FTW) and also packs more power than a Simisage...sorry my 2nd favorite monkey...but if you WANT the challenge of Simisage being useful...then pick it! (it's also Underused compared to Sawsbuck)

vaporeon7
January 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I don't think that was included in his challenge...hahaha. Trying to think of a drunk Pokemon now. Slaking comes to mind. He looks drunk. Then he's screwing around every other turn doing drunk things.

Spinda came to mind as well. Also...
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/psyduck-thumb-drunk.jpg

Rewy
January 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Well I'm already neck deep in trouble with Ice-types of Plasma and then some Rock-types.
I'm so tempted to take them both, but then I wouldn't get Flaaffy a wooly friend...

Simisage because of Crunch from Pansage and Acrobatics, but that Gluttony isn't really... useful.
Sawsbuck because those Fighting moves and I've never used one, but all those painful things from dual-typing...

Well I'll just play all the way to Nimbasa, because it's the place where I sort of need to decide on that team member. ^^

560cool.
January 21st, 2013, 11:11 AM
I have a quick question about playing a nuzlocke on Pokemon Black. How much do the new EXP mechanisms affect grinding ? I would assume it's much difficult, but does this render the game unplayable ?

I finally managed to move everything over to Black 2 and I've been thinking of resetting my first Gen V game for challenges.

jdthebud
January 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
I have a quick question about playing a nuzlocke on Pokemon Black. How much do the new EXP mechanisms affect grinding ? I would assume it's much difficult, but does this render the game unplayable ?

I finally managed to move everything over to Black 2 and I've been thinking of resetting my first Gen V game for challenges.
If you can find a spot to spawn Audino, it's not that bad, especially once you get the Lucky Egg. It is pretty hard to grind on normal wilds though.

Alli
January 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
It doesn't make it impossible, but if you're typically overleveled, like I am, then it can be annoying when you aren't getting adequate experience from the wild Pokemon or even the trainers. I can't speak for how it works in Nuzlockes though.

If you use Audino for grinding (you can grind in Nuzlockes right?) then it shouldn't be too unbearable.

560cool.
January 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
It doesn't make it impossible, but if you're typically overleveled, like I am, then it can be annoying when you aren't getting adequate experience from the wild Pokemon or even the trainers. I can't speak for how it works in Nuzlockes though.

If you use Audino for grinding (you can grind in Nuzlockes right?) then it shouldn't be too unbearable.

How common are Audions anyways ? I remember having trouble finding one for normal Pokedex catching business.

If you can find a spot to spawn Audino, it's not that bad, especially once you get the Lucky Egg. It is pretty hard to grind on normal wilds though.

Sounds fair enough. See what I can do.

Okay, gonna catch a box of Patrats on B2 and transfer whatever's left then start the challenge. Thanks for the advice.

Rewy
January 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Audino's are pretty normal find on a shaking grass. Just find a spot where you can run around next to some bushes without seeing water. Just be patient and ready with the repel. (It prevents anything else to jump you when you try going to the shaky spot.)

--

Edit:
These Eevees in Castelia Garden are so trolling me... >.> "Nope, I won't stay in that ball even if I'm at 1HP and asleep. Nope."
In other curiosities. Am I just too used to over planning my team, or is Challenge Mode supposed to be Challenging? I just ran back from Driftveil after getting Surf so I can pick up few awesome early game hidden TMs... And I've been doing just fine with my team of Three (Now 4 after I caught an Eevee...)

niallmuz
January 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
i was just wondering is there a challenge is there a challenge where you can only battle each gym leader with pokemon of the same type as their gym? for example you can only play against burgh with bug type pokemon etc

Alli
January 23rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
There was something like that before, I think. idr if it was popular though.

Necrum
January 23rd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Yay! I finished my very first challenge! I am a bug master! Cower before my mighty insects!!!

Alpha King
January 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Speaking of bugs, why does Scyther only learn normal type moves by level up in Red and Blue? ):

Necrum
January 23rd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Speaking of bugs, why does Scyther only learn normal type moves by level up in Red and Blue? ):
Cause GameFreak are trolls...

Aryan143
January 24th, 2013, 02:00 AM
What about a challenge that involves on using pokemon related to your Zodiac sign? I have also heard that there are different zodiacs so using one pokemon from each of your zodiac.

vaporeon7
January 24th, 2013, 02:31 AM
What about a challenge that involves on using pokemon related to your Zodiac sign? I have also heard that there are different zodiacs so using one pokemon from each of your zodiac.

That's been suggested many time, and I think there is a thread for it.

Alli
January 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM
There's still a thread for it? I know we've had one, but I haven't seen it in forever so I thought it died off or something. Hm.

And wasn't someone else working on that challenge anyway? They haven't posted it yet I don't think...not that I remember. So if anything, it's currently in the works.

Necrum
January 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I do remember some one working on that, yes. They discovered new Zodiacs most people don't know about so they had to add them.

Honeyman
January 24th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Yes, I have been working on the challenge, and it is actually finished. I posted it to the subreddit, but not here because I couldn't find the time to participate in it.

Though if someone wishes to post the topic, I can easily send you the picture.

Thanks guys, for forgetting me already.

myrrhman
January 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
i was just wondering is there a challenge is there a challenge where you can only battle each gym leader with pokemon of the same type as their gym? for example you can only play against burgh with bug type pokemon etc

Done both that challenge and one where you can only use Pokemon that are weak to the Gym type. I like this one better.

Enigma
January 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, I have a question for all of you. What game do you guys find better for challenges, BW or BW2? I am unsure of which one would be best, and I'm curious to see what everyone else believes. General speed in which one could complete the game, given typical end requirements of the games, is pretty important in my decision.

Necrum
January 25th, 2013, 08:16 PM
imo, BW2 is much superior to BW1. In addition, most challenges require you beat Alder in BW1, meaning lots of tedious grinding, but BW2 standard is the first fight against Iris.

Alli
January 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM
BW2 has much more Pokemon and it's a more difficult game, plus challenge mode. If I had a free BW2 file, I'd be using those games more often for challenges instead of BW.

11wildy
January 26th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Sorry for no responses, I was really busy last few days. I'm currently doing a mono flying challenge on Black 2, but I have to release my highest level after every 2 gyms :p. I traded in my whole team in the beginning, while I solo'd Cheren with a Pidove, which is now boxed. I had to release either Archen or Woobat after Roxie, so I chose for Woobat, since I have another psychic type in Sigilyph.

:)

Necrum
January 26th, 2013, 01:13 PM
It's no big deal if you don't post for a few days. Lots of us sometimes have no time for it. So no need to apologize, we're not going anywhere! :D

jdthebud
January 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM
imo, BW2 is much superior to BW1. In addition, most challenges require you beat Alder in BW1, meaning lots of tedious grinding, but BW2 standard is the first fight against Iris.
Interestingly enough, BW seems to be faster though, since the first half goes by so quick, although I guess BW2 would go faster if you use the Lucky Egg and skip some trainers. Usually for me they end up about the same (ending and Alder/first Iris fight).

I will say that BW2 isn't worth playing unless you use challenge mode though.

Necrum
January 26th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Challenge mode is certainly a worthwhile addition. I just wish it wasn't limited to Black version to unlock. I mean, seriously, who's gonna use an Easy mode AFTER you beat the game. Come on Game Freak.

Rewy
January 26th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Not to mention that the mode unlocks vanish if you start a new save. =/ and only ones who can share the Challenge modes are the Black2 users. (Even if you'd have both modes on a W2 save it will only send over the easy mode.)

11wildy
January 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah gf really messed up there. How am I ever ognna play the challenge mode now :S

diamondmutt1111
January 26th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Challenge mode is certainly a worthwhile addition. I just wish it wasn't limited to Black version to unlock. I mean, seriously, who's gonna use an Easy mode AFTER you beat the game. Come on Game Freak.

Wish they were BOTH available from the get-go.

BTW...those characters on your avatar and your sig...fakemon or...?

Necrum
January 26th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah, my friend is working on a Fan Game, and this is one of the Fakemon I concocted for it. They're Fire/Psychic Pokemon, Pyrokinetic was the concept (Something that Victini really wasn't...) They are intended to be the opposite of the Ralts Family, in that they're more masculine, with a female split evolution.

diamondmutt1111
January 26th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah, my friend is working on a Fan Game, and this is one of the Fakemon I concocted for it. They're Fire/Psychic Pokemon, Pyrokinetic was the concept (Something that Victini really wasn't...) They are intended to be the opposite of the Ralts Family, in that they're more masculine, with a female split evolution.

THATS FREAKING AWESOME!!! whats the names? and what fan game?...I MUST DOWNLOAD THIS! (when it comes out of course)

Necrum
January 26th, 2013, 06:19 PM
It's a long ways off, it's all conceptual atm. Little guy on the Left is Pyrokin, On the Right is Pyrotic, Middle is Pyrocaust, and floating is Pyrosis.

diamondmutt1111
January 26th, 2013, 08:29 PM
It's a long ways off, it's all conceptual atm. Little guy on the Left is Pyrokin, On the Right is Pyrotic, Middle is Pyrocaust, and floating is Pyrosis.

I wish these guys were real :knockedou I would buy this fangame and use Pyrocaust

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2013, 11:01 PM
I think they look pretty good too. And that is a lot from me considering I hate most fakemon.

Boilurn
January 27th, 2013, 01:43 PM
OK, I hope I'm in the right place when talking about challenge ideas, but I've just thought of a new one.

I'd call this the "Lightweight Challenge" since this is all about lightweight Pokemon. The objective is to beat the game using Pokemon that are lighter than say for example 15kg (or 33lbs). If we want an optional challenge, then we can say that any HM Slaves can only be used under the weight restriction.

I hope this is an interesting idea.

vaporeon7
January 27th, 2013, 04:57 PM
OK, I hope I'm in the right place when talking about challenge ideas, but I've just thought of a new one.

I'd call this the "Lightweight Challenge" since this is all about lightweight Pokemon. The objective is to beat the game using Pokemon that are lighter than say for example 15kg (or 33lbs). If we want an optional challenge, then we can say that any HM Slaves can only be used under the weight restriction.

I hope this is an interesting idea.

It sound familiar, idk.

It's not a bad idea though, you could also extend it to be that you can only use a pokémon in certain weight range, to give people more options in the sort of Pokémon.

Alli
January 27th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Yup, I'm certain we've had something like that once. I'd extend it as well though, or have different weight classes to pick from instead of just lightweight. I mean, the monocolor challenge lets you pick more than one color. There's not a thread for blue and a separate for brown. Just an example, of course.

Necrum
January 27th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Note to self, make future challenges less complicated...

Alli
January 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Yeaaaaah having a complicated challenge sucks. ;( You end up forgetting about the thread and people ask a bunch of questions that you already had answered in the first post. lol

Honeyman
January 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM
So no one is willing to post my challenge for me? That makes me a sad camper...

Alli
January 27th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I guess no one feels like running it? lol

myrrhman
January 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Omg I was playing my personal challenge trying to catch all the Pokemon in Sapphire and I got up to 188ish. All I basically had left was some baby Pokemon, Treecko/Grovyle/Mudkip, and legendaries. SO, I was playing Emerald to get Dittos for the first two groups of Pokemon. I traded Kyogre over and beat the elite four, but after the credits it didn't have the continue option, only the new game option. Guess I have a ****ty ROM that has anti-piracy stuff on it. BASICALLY i lost Kyogre and don't know how I'm going to beat Emerald now...

Also nice Sig, Syddy, I <3 Macklemore.

Necrum
January 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Oh woe is me!

It finally happened. My computer broke. This really sucks, but at least my trade shop is closed right now, so I don't have to worry too much about my ability to access PC. I won't really be able to update any of my challenge threads unfortunately, until I get a new computer. I can post still thankfully, but since the Xbox 360 version Internet Explorer doesn't have tabs, I can't really update the challengers lists.

Alli
January 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Oh man, that sucks. :( Sorry hun. Just let all your challengers know that you can't update and I'm sure they'll understand. You'll have your work cut out for you when you come back to it though, lol.

Can't wait for your shop to reopen btw. :3 I was looking through and saw something of interest~!

Necrum
January 29th, 2013, 05:24 AM
I noticed that a few people have been double posting. Most notably people posting their first update after starting a challenge. I just wanna remind everyone that double posting is against pokecommunity rules. You have to wait until someone else posts in the thread before you can post yourself. The exception is if no one has posted in the thread for over a month. But thats it, and that's only in challenges. Other forums have different rules on double posting, so make sure you check.

Rewy
January 29th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Yes, that's why there's an edit button in the posts, if you're speed player. ^^;

Aryan143
January 29th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I once completed the whole yellow and 3 badges of Crystal in Monocolor before somebody else posted! :)

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I've had stuff like that too. That is why I tend to stick to more popular challenges now.

myrrhman
January 29th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, that's why there's an edit button in the posts, if you're speed player. ^^;

Generally speaking, I try to stick to doing challenges on RBY only, which I can just do in one sitting in a couple hours. So, I usually end up queueing up like 5 challenges, and then picking one when i get bored and just doing one update of me being done with it all of a sudden. Also now that I stream, if they don't believe me, I can just direct them to the video of me playing it lol.

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I remember when I posted about what time I did my speed run in for the Get Together challenge one time. No one believed me... until I screenshoted.

Alli
January 29th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I believed you. :3 Then again, I was hosting so I had to when you sent the screenshot, lmao.

I'm trying to finish the Favorite Challenge before the Valentine's event. CAN I DO IT GUYS?! Just for some perspective, I just got to Undella Town (it's Black 2 btw).

Rewy
January 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
You can do it, if you keep playing... ;)
At least on Black2 it's relatively easy to get to the end of a challenge.

Necrum
January 29th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Syd has no comments on the double posting thing? Crazy!

I think you could pull it off. you know, as long as you neglect everything in your life and ignore PC. lol

Alli
January 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM
What double post thing?

And I think I can, and if not, I'll at least get really, really close to it. I'm also really wanting to do a Colo or XD monotype. But then I have like four regular playthroughs I need to finish, two of which I haven't beaten before so it's bothering me. Then all these non Pokemon games to play. Ugh. :(

Necrum
January 29th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Most of what we have been saying is related to something I said on the previous page about people double posting, and me reminding everyone that it's against PC rules.

Totally do that GC Monotype.

Alli
January 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
If you mean the threads where people post an update after the opening post, which makes it double posting, I've kind of been letting that slide because it would be awkward to merge an update with a post that has all the rules and challenger/champion lists. I hate to be "that mod," but remember it's not really your place to remind everyone not to double post. You can get in trouble for that as it's considering mini-modding. Just a heads up.

I probably will in March, maybe during spring break. My break doesn't correlate with my sister's, so I end up getting ditched and no one takes me anywhere and they do the fun stuff during her break without me. Woe is me.

Necrum
January 29th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't think a simple reminder in the discussion thread would be considered mini modding. But i understand what you're saying. i just wanted to make sure no one gets in trouble for something like double posting, cause i have seen a few instances that weren't updates right after starting a thread. That was just one that was more common.

Anyway, hopefully getting a laptop soon. Can't wait. But it's gonna suck getting caught up on my threads when i do get it.

Alli
January 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM
It's just that you can come across as trying to mini-mod and although I'm fairly lenient, others might not be. Like, someone could have reported that. :x And if I was on a break and an smod was watching this section for me, they might get you on that. Besides, with me as a mod in here, no one's gonna get in too much trouble for double posting lmao. The most they'll get is a warning unless they're just doing it to intentionally piss people off.

What kind are you hoping for?

Also, I beat Drayden in Black 2 and I have hours upon hours to play tomorrow and the day after. Perhaps I really can beat it before the event. ;o;

diamondmutt1111
January 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM
What double post thing?

And I think I can, and if not, I'll at least get really, really close to it. I'm also really wanting to do a Colo or XD monotype. But then I have like four regular playthroughs I need to finish, two of which I haven't beaten before so it's bothering me. Then all these non Pokemon games to play. Ugh. :(

Same with me...I have like 5 challenges going on right now and a bunch of other games to finish too! Haven't even finished White 2! Getting Fire Emblem: Awakening though...so that's yet another game to finish...o well, that's what summers are for!

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM
It's just that you can come across as trying to mini-mod and although I'm fairly lenient, others might not be. Like, someone could have reported that. :x And if I was on a break and an smod was watching this section for me, they might get you on that. Besides, with me as a mod in here, no one's gonna get in too much trouble for double posting lmao. The most they'll get is a warning unless they're just doing it to intentionally piss people off.

What kind are you hoping for?

Also, I beat Drayden in Black 2 and I have hours upon hours to play tomorrow and the day after. Perhaps I really can beat it before the event. ;o;

You've got two weeks, so I'm sure you'll be able to finish it. I should really get back to my Hall of Fame Challenge, but I just started my last year of school so :s

Alli
January 29th, 2013, 09:29 PM
...I have two weeks till I post the Valentine's event? I post them at the beginning of the month tho...lol Two DAYS you mean!

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM
...I have two weeks till I post the Valentine's event? I post them at the beginning of the month tho...lol Two DAYS you mean!

...WELL IDK

You can still finish it. You're not too far from the end.

GolurkIsDaBomb
January 29th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Ooh Valentines day event! I don't know what game I can do it on though D; Except.. maybe firered (which I keep restarting) or possibly sapphire if I finish Diamond (so i can transfer mons).

I should learn how to use emulators D:

And @Syd, while it's not a challenge I'm about as close to beating White 2 as you are to beating Black 2. I just have to brave through victory Road with my level 60+ pokemon lol.

11wildy
January 29th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Syd, you're almost done, just play on for an hour or 2 and you''ll be finished! :)
And then we'll all be able to enjoy the valentines challenge ! :D

Necrum
January 30th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Man, I always want to play the event challenges, but I have so many challenges running already that... Hnnnnnnnng.

Depending what it is I suppose my recently opened LG would work. Also I suppose I have Black and White versions, but I get so lazy with them cause their not as good as BW2.

Alli
January 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Good thing y'all are already picking FR and LG, because RBY will not be allowed. ;)

Necrum
January 30th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Well that pretty much gives away the fact that genders are involved...
>.>
<.<
I was going to do a new Monotype, but I feel like doing something a little different. Can't wait for the event to start!

diamondmutt1111
January 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Good thing y'all are already picking FR and LG, because RBY will not be allowed. ;)

in that case Leaf Green for me too since that's open for me

Alli
January 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Considering it's a Valentine's Day challenge, I figured genders being involved would be a given. :P

Rewy
January 30th, 2013, 08:02 PM
If it wouldn't have gender's involved it would really be a surprise...

Alli
January 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Exactly. :P It's gonna rely quite a bit on genders. I can't wait to post it and see how you guys like it. :3

Rewy
January 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Expecting greatness as always.

Side note: Clay sure likes to use Bulldoze... *flipping so many desks here*

Alli
January 30th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Awww. :) I put some good thought into it and I hope it's as great as previous events! <3

YEAH HE DOES. But if you're playing with that team in your sig, I would assume you'd be alright. :( Oh wait challenge mode........

Rewy
January 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM
That exploding Onix and Sandstorm is not fun. D8

Edit: it's almost a pity that Altaria isn't a single type nor does it have a Conquest type image available. My team would be ultimate fluff then. (Well ultimate would be keeping Mareep, but either way.)

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 12:23 PM
That is a shame. :( Altaria is so good too! Can't go wrong with Fly, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Dragon Claw (Pulse in gen IV and on tho). That's my standard Altaria set. :)

Also, Valentine's challenge going up at midnight Central! :D I'm excited!

BlueShellBeast
January 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Sweet! I have an open Gen 2 Game Cart that has that challenge's name on it.

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Well, my goal of finishing Black 2 before the event is ruined. I got stuck with a Japanese password on the Plasma Frigate and I've tried typing all the possible ones and have had no luck unlocking the gate. I've battled all the grunts as well, and have gotten that card thing. So idk what I could be doing wrong, other than reading the Japanese characters wrong or typing them wrong or Serebii has them wrong. No clue. :/ idk how I'm gonna finish it at all at this point.

Necrum
January 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Have you tried looking it up on another source? Like Bulbapedia?

Rewy
January 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM
レシラム
ゼクロム

Just remember to use Katakana input mode.

Those should be the ones...

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 01:30 PM
I didn't see them listed on Bulbapedia. And I'll try those Rewy, thanks. Those were listed on Serebii though and didn't work before but ugh I wanna finish this lol. :( I did have it on Katakana though.

Edit: None of them worked. :( Thanks though.

Rewy
January 31st, 2013, 01:34 PM
I just looked up from Marriland, since I've been idly watching all the let's plays while whacking around Plasma Grunts myself.

It's hilarious to play since my Zoroark is on the lead and my Fly/Strength slave Braviary is at the back...
"Braviary used Dig!" wait, what?

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 01:41 PM
I'll probably look up something later. idk what I could be doing wrong though. :/ I've tried the Katakana codes at least four times each now. And I know it's not a number code because the first time I played this file, I remember them giving me the numbers 2, 2, 2, and 0. This time I got no numbers and I battled all of them and talked to them all after winning. Multiple times. So idk, maybe I'm hitting the wrong Katakana? I'm matching it up with what I've been reading though so idk. :/ This makes me upset. I wanna finish this challenge. If not today then...just in general. lmao

Edit: Didn't know there was a translating qwerty keyboard in the game. I used that and made it through. Too bad I spent about an hour and a half stumped. :/ idk if I'll finish by the end of the day now.

Necrum
January 31st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Sweet, I beat Lance in Johto, so now I just have to get to Fuschia City and I'll be all set for the Event challenge tomorrow!

*Necrum arm pumps*

diamondmutt1111
January 31st, 2013, 06:19 PM

Hope I'm up at midnight so I can get a slight head-start! :)

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 07:40 PM
I have to grind Zweilous and grind for Blue Shards. >> Anyone know a good place to do that in Black 2? I wanna finish this before or during the posting of the event. :(

GolurkIsDaBomb
January 31st, 2013, 07:47 PM
You should grind Zweilous off of Audino on route 23, or whichever route is right before victory road, they give a good chunk of exp. Also use rare candies if you have them?

Blue Shard Locations: Route 13 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route13.shtml), Route 13 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route13.shtml), Route 17 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route17.shtml), Route 17 (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route17.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine), Desert Resort (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/desertresort.shtml), Desert Resort (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/desertresort.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine), Mistralton Cave (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/mistraltoncave.shtml), Village Bridge (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/villagebridge.shtml), Relic Passage (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/relicpassage.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine), PWT (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/pwt.shtml) (Lose at PWT), Clay Tunnel (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/claytunnel.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine), Reversal Mountain (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/reversalmountain.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine), Seaside Cave (http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/seasidecave.shtml) (With Dowsing Machine)

You can also get them in Join Avenue apparently. Good luck!

Necrum
January 31st, 2013, 07:51 PM
There's an Entree Mission for shard collecting that makes it pretty easy to build up a lot of shards pretty quick. I don't remember who you talk to to unlock it though.

Also, I got my Pokemon off LG, so I'm all set to start tomorrow!

Alli
January 31st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Thank you, dears! And yeah, I gotta make sure my Ruby is cleared off before I restart it for the event. :3

Honeyman
February 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm wondering if it's ok to make my own series of challenges based off the months, and put it on my subreddit. I will use the event challenges Sydian makes, but I will make my own for any missing months. I will give credit to you Sydian in the events you do make.

So is it a yes?

vaporeon7
February 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
This event challenge is looking great Syd! Also lol @ how my pair's favourite Pokémon is Altaria too.

Alli
February 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'm wondering if it's ok to make my own series of challenges based off the months, and put it on my subreddit. I will use the event challenges Sydian makes, but I will make my own for any missing months. I will give credit to you Sydian in the events you do make.

So is it a yes?

I'm fine with that, as long as you remember to give credit like you said. We have had a St. Patrick's Day challenge in the past and a Halloween challenge, and two different Christmas challenges. They're all listed in the FAQ if you need to see the rules, since I don't think you were on PC yet for some of them.

This event challenge is looking great Syd! Also lol @ how my pair's favourite Pokémon is Altaria too.

Cause Altaria is awesome! ;)

Honeyman
February 1st, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks Sydian!

I also have an idea for May/Mothers day challenge. It is like an egg-spin, except you breed 10-15 different Pokemon yourself. You hatch all these eggs, and you are only allowed to use the females you hatch. If you hatch more than 6, breed again with all the male Pokemon you hatch, or dittos if you hatched no males.

It is only a small idea, and it probably won't work well.
_____________________________________________________________________________________---
EDIT: DONE! (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/comments/17qap9/challenge_monthly_challenge_1_february/)
Also, some ideas for other monthly challenges would be splendid.

vaporeon7
February 1st, 2013, 11:32 PM
What about a Mother's Day challenge where everyone uses an unevolved Pokémon, and then the evolved form of that Pokémon, which will have to be female. So a team could be like:
Petilil
Eevee
Swablu
Lilligant (f)
Vaporeon (f)
Altaria (f)

idk

Honeyman
February 1st, 2013, 11:36 PM
What about a Mother's Day challenge where everyone uses an unevolved Pokémon, and then the evolved form of that Pokémon, which will have to be female. So a team could be like:
Petilil
Eevee
Swablu
Lilligant (f)
Vaporeon (f)
Altaria (f)

idk

Actually, that seems like a pretty good idea. Maybe the UE Pokemon has to be bred from the evolved Pokemon?

myrrhman
February 1st, 2013, 11:50 PM
Meh, I think its good enough just having the UE and female evolved versions. Still gets the point across.

Also, on your subreddit, you should have a link to all the OP's of the challenges that get posted there. That would kind of help clutter, because there would be a central location for people to look for challenges.

Necrum
February 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Meloetta has been announced fr a March release, and I've been thinking it would be cool to create a challenge that centers around the release. So I'm gonna start working on that and post it a country Le of days before release so you guys can plan yur team and get your games ready. Hopefully it's level 15 or planning this will be quite difficult. :(

Alli
February 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
That would be neato. And running a challenge in May, when Mother's Day is, isn't always the best idea. I ran Save the Pokemon in May of 2011 and most people are busy with finals and such. Here they are anyway, but I remember it being a common problem in that event more so than any others, so I figured out that May is not the ideal month for an event lmao. :(

Rewy
February 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
*sigh* No Meloetta for me sadly. Not that I'd even have an idea how to use it, but still...

11wildy
February 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
So little free time... It's killing me ;(. I don't know if I'll be able to do the event, I'll see about that later..

Necrum
February 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Monotype reached 1000 posts! To celebrate, i am bending the rules and letting people hack or trade any one pokemon into their game if they give the pass phrase in my post in monotype during February. There has never been a better time to start a monotype!

Alli
February 7th, 2013, 04:40 PM
How nice of you. :3 Wouldn't do me any good, as my next monotype I'm planning will be on Gale of Darkness, and I have no way of hacking anything into that game. :P

BlueShellBeast
February 7th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Monotype reached 1000 posts! To celebrate, i am bending the rules and letting people hack or trade any one pokemon into their game if they give the pass phrase in my post in monotype during February. There has never been a better time to start a monotype!
Darn, then I might have to go do a Gen 1 Ground type monotype soon... It would be cool to have a Rhyhorn right at the beginning.

11wildy
February 9th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Haha I play my monotypes the way I want to anyway xd. Now time to sign up for the event.

myrrhman
February 9th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Pokedex in Sapphire: 201/204. All I lack is Jirachi, Deoxys, and... Latias. It's Sapphire so Latias is catchable, but I've gone through 200 Max Repels looking for the darned thing. So hard to find. And I got my hopes up when I found a Latios in Emerald just walking around.

Alli
February 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Go to the route above Slateport, use your Repel, and bounce in the grass on the Acro Bike. If nothing shows up, leave the route, come back, rinse and repeat. That's what I always do and it doesn't take long normally.

11wildy
February 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I hate Lati hunting or Dog hunting etc so much! Takes so much time to find, and it will just flee unless you Mean Look it.

Alli
February 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Roamer hunting in general sucks, especially in games that have more than one. Platinum is a great game, but five roamers is a freaking crime.

11wildy
February 12th, 2013, 01:08 AM
I've caught 4 out of the 5, because every time I replayed Diamond I'd trade the Master Ball over.. XD. Now there's only a paralysed low health Zapdos left. Which kills my Crobat and Golbats too easily :(

Necrum
February 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Happy Fat Tuesday everyone! It's Mardi Gras! Show your- oh wait, better keep things pg... ;)

Alli
February 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Most challenge regulars are guys though, so I don't think that'd work. XD As for me, well... -hides and runs off the eat beneights...benyays...I can't spell it but I'mma eat them-

Lulu
February 12th, 2013, 09:24 AM
the awkward moment when I had no idea today was Mardi Gras >.> <.<
the even more awkward moment when Sydian's comment made me feel like I was the only girl doing challenges xD

ahem...
anyways xD

I really have to stop taking on challenges until I'm done with the ones I already signed up for @w@
Imma end up running out of games >.<

Alli
February 12th, 2013, 09:43 AM
There are quite a few girls. There's me, InfernoRogue, Sooyun, jespoke (who I haven't seen in a long time), and you...Griffinbane...uhhhhhhhhh -whistles- Yeah!

And yeah, I'm starting to limit my challenge intake. I've only got two right now, and a large scale project. So it's not that much really. Yay. I've got all the main games though and some extra copies, so I don't often run out of games.

Lulu
February 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
o.O There's quite a few of us then o.o

I've got 4 on-going challenges: the monotype one, the location one, the eeveelutions one and the form one.

at least some progress was made @w@
and I love the fact that I got dragged out of my comfort zone through this challenges xD

Rewy
February 12th, 2013, 10:38 AM
...I am apparently very successful of staying as no-gender person =P

Working on the Valentines Challenge still btw, I just... have been kidnapped from the computer so often. I'm already beating up Blaine but I'm not on my own computer (or internet for that matter) so I can't do proper updates for that.

11wildy
February 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Ohwell, less girls, but the girls who are here are cool ones at least^^ I should do more monotype challenges instead of being lazy. Any fun suggestions? Maybe with extra rules?

Necrum
February 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I have like, 7 or 8 ongoing challenges... And I'm at the point where I'm buying more games so i can do more... And I have two more planned challenges to post...

Alli
February 12th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Ain't no tellin when I'll post another challenge. A non-event I mean haha. I guess whenever I think of one. Hum.

11wildy
February 14th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Happy valentine to everyone! :D

Alli
February 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Yes! Happy valentine's day, my lovely Swablu! <3

Griffinbane
February 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Challenge addiction. You can die from that, yanno. :B
I thought I was bad about multiple challenges but nope.

Necrum
February 14th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Happy Valentines Day! Time for us all to get super awkward and pretend we don't all have a crush on Sydian, the best mod ever! o 3o

TrollShammy80
February 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Happy Valentines Day to everyone :D

lifeburst
February 16th, 2013, 10:58 PM
idk if anyone's posted this but some ones I've seen 'round(not here on this website)
-Scramble Challenge. Someone has to suggest the pokemon you use, movesets, conditions of use(like a Roselia that can only use non-direct moves like Toxic would be a fine suggestion), each "suggester" can only suggest up to two Pokemon per challenge
-Unevolved challenge.You cannot evolve your pokemon, pokemon that don't evolve are allowed, like ditto or something, and if you caught a Flaaffy or Marrill then you can keep it, just not evolve it.
=D

Alli
February 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM
We've had Scramble (I think it's still active?) and we've had NFEs and various forms of it (Christian Challenge, Middle Evolutions Challenge). I think we even have a thread that combines Scramble and Random, if I'm not mistaken.

11wildy
February 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Alright, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm doing so anyway :3. I'm making a Pokemon Crystal hack, and it would be cool if I could have some of the people here as trainers in it, so if anybody is interested, you can PM/VM me some of your favorites and I'll see if I can fit them in :). If it's a monotype team, you might be a gym trainer even ;D.

I don't know what you guys think but meh, I figured I could just ask, worst case scenario is nobody wanting to help x].

And I finally went on with my Flying mono on Black 2! Whoooo :D. After that hell of an Elesa, which was walled by Sigilyph ;3. Light Screen + Hypnosis was cool!

Lulu
February 19th, 2013, 06:19 AM
I was about to start yet another challenge I've been thinking of, but seeing how my Eeveelutions Challenge didn't appeal much, I'm quite reluctant about it ._. Guess people don't like the Eevee Family much or they simply don't like the D/P/Pt games x.x
Oh well, I'll think about it >.<

Alli
February 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
The thing with challenges that are only for certain games is that it makes it more restrictive, so making it only for DPPt wasn't much of a good move. It deters me personally because I hate DP and I have an ongoing playthrough of Platinum that I don't want to restart. Now, Eeveelutions are available in all gens, through actually getting one, hacking it in, or trading it in, so there really wasn't a need to make it DPPt only. You might get more challengers if it wasn't all for DPPt. Cause there honestly, imo, wasn't a reason to make it just for that game.

Not only that, but using one family is also a bit restrictive. It's different with, say, Gender Discrimination. You're limited in the Pokemon you can choose, and they have to be your gender, but at least they're not all from the same line. Plus, I think that some people do regular playthroughs with just Eeveelutions. I did that long ago, lol.

But yeah, perhaps opening it up to all games would help. If you want me to remove the DPPt prefix, just let me know. Wow this post is longer than it should be. ~_~

11wildy
February 19th, 2013, 07:31 AM
But all the Eeveelutions are of a different type, thus I can't monotype it :(. Agreed on the restriction of only one family line, I like choosing from a bit more diverse ppol of available Pokemon.

Rewy
February 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I was about to join earlier to the Eeveelutions challenge, but then I cringed at the thought of Sinnoh. It's one of my least favorite places to go through in game.
( + I have a self-imposed challenge of using a pokemon team that my bf has chosen there... Bronzong why are you so slow? )

Using at least one of the Eeveelutions is rather normal in a playthrough, since in most games (excluding Hoenn, DP and BW) you can get it rather early. So you end up either boxing it or using it. I can't count the times I've now used Vaporeon, Jolteon and Leafeon. The number is just too big to bother. So it just grows to dull out the interest.

Not to mention when you go back to 4th gen games and look at the level up moves...
Vaporeon
- BW2 - Hydro Pump - level 45
- 4th gen - Hydro Pump - level 71

Espeon (I have some serious dislike to this one actually)
- BW2 - Psychic - level 37
- 4th gen - Psychic - level 64

Umbreon
- BW2 - Moonlight - level 33
- 4th gen - Moonlight - level 71

Completely other topic side note: I need a Conquest type image of Altaria. ;__; Otherwise I can't update my sig

Lulu
February 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Then I guess I can open it up to all Gens? o.o I really don't mind at all, I just thought of it while doing my Sinnoh Location Challenge o.o Imma change the introduction and all and you can remove the D/P/Pt prefix then, Sydian o.o I don't mind at all and I really appreciate the feedback *o*

Necrum
February 19th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I personally believe that eeveelutions are the only family that works for its own challenge. A lot of people adore that family and there was even a vgc tourney centered around them. Definitely needs to be all games though. I think it would be cool to do Kanto with all base eeveelutions, but i have no way to trade or hack in kanto

Lulu
February 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Well, I changed the first post to suit all games. Just waiting for Sydian to remove the D/P/Pt tag from the title. It's true though that it might be harder for some people to trade/hack in Eevee though >.<
I'm using emulators so I can do that.
I used to have Pokémon Yellow for my Gameboy Color when I was a kid. But then I grew up and passed it on to my cousins. They broke the Gameboy and lost the cartdrige T-T
I plan on buying all the games & stuff but I can't right now due to not having a job & stuff x.x So I'm basically a full time student :V

11wildy
February 20th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I have never owned one of the first gen games, I started with Crystal.. That's probably why I love it so much! :) It's a great game to start on, since it has both an easy and difficult way to play it :P.

Lulu
February 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
I fell in love with HG/SS because of the first Pokémon in your party following you around. It brought back sweet memories from my Pokémon Yellow Days xD

Oh yeah o.o
The Eeveelutions Challenge is now officially available for all Gens o.o

Rewy
February 20th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Yay! Looking good. =) I'll probably enter once I've freed up a game for it, since I prefer to play on hard copies.

Oh and you could add that to the BW2 the fact that you can catch Eevee in the wild there from the Castellia Gardens. The one from Amanita is after E4 (with the Dream World ability).

Lulu
February 20th, 2013, 04:22 AM
I never played B2/W2 so thanks for the tips @w@ Imma go update o.o
ok, corrected that mistake xD

Griffinbane
February 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Necrum came up with an interesting idea the other day...monotyping Conquest. What counts as the end though? Just the first storyline? All stories completed? That's like 60 hours or something. I need to check my game. Not just that, some storylines are horribly restricted (namely the Ninja competition...dragon, poison and ghost. Bleh). Skip? Plus stuff stops linking/leveling, training takes forever... Hmmmmm. Ideas?

Alli
February 23rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
I've never played Conquest, so idk the end of it. But I do like the idea of monotyping it. Since I'm sure the rules would need some bending around to fit the game, I think having a separate thread for it would be fine (use my prefixes pretty please?!).

Rewy, I love your signature! :) Such a neat way to display and name your teams!

BlueShellBeast
February 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Oh yeah o.o
The Eeveelutions Challenge is now officially available for all Gens o.o
Sweet. I think that I'll enter it once I finish some of my other challenges... I never liked Gen 4 (besides HG/SS), and all of my Ultimate challenges hit a rock once I hit the Sinnoh region.

Lulu
February 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM

I second that o.o I wish I had such talent when it comes to drawing & stuff xD
nicely done xD

Sweet. I think that I'll enter it once I finish some of my other challenges... I never liked Gen 4 (besides HG/SS), and all of my Ultimate challenges hit a rock once I hit the Sinnoh region.

And yay! more challengers are always welcome xD

Alli
February 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Well, Rewy didn't draw them, those are the Conquest pictures. XD Unless...Rewy...are you...an ARTIST?!

Rewy
February 23rd, 2013, 09:59 AM

Well, Rewy didn't draw them, those are the Conquest pictures. XD Unless...Rewy...are you...an ARTIST?!

Some people like to say that I am, though as a skeptical person I don't quite trust that judgement.
(Family and close friends are bad to use for grading your talent - because they're either 100% supportive or against it, whether you're good at all or not.)

But yeah - I suppose I can make art, but not sprites or completely digital things. I prefer to draw by pencil rather than on my tablet.
(Sprite recoloring doesn't count since that's just switching pixel palettes. As you can see from the gyarados.)
I do have a Weasyl and deviantArt account, but I don't go around shoving it to everyone's faces.

Lulu
February 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I knew it! xD

Well, I think you're talented ^^
Oh and I got a new challenge in store @w@ working on it now @w@
Decided my SoulSilver could use some shaking xD so I thought I'd share the challenge with everybody o.o
Oh and don't worry, it's gonna be for all gens such challenge can be done in ^^"

GolurkIsDaBomb
February 23rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hm guys I've been wondering... how does one make a successful challenge? To be honest I'm feeling a little frustrated :/ just because I think both of my challenges are interesting ideas, but yet I'm pretty much the only one to ever post updates for them. Is it because they're too complex? It seems that people enjoy signing up for challenges that only limit the kind of pokemon you can use, by any factor. I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, I'm just wondering.. what is it that makes a challenge attractive?

Alli
February 23rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
Good question. I think making it available to all games is one way to make a challenge successful, though that's not the one and only key. Not having overly complicated rules are another thing, and having an attractive and easy to read format helps. Being an active OP is also a plus, you can ask NecrumWarrior about that. The monotype challenge has been doing much better since he took control of it, and it shows. Having a new and interesting concept is good too, but sometimes the concept might be a bit too restrictive or strange for some. For example, my Favorite Challenge is only for gen V, but it's still pretty popular since you get to use your, well, favorites.

Challenges that are too similar to something else don't always seem to go over well either, but I really think the main key is to not make a challenge too overly complicated. It needs to be explained well and easy to follow and appeal to people (which, if you write and explain things well and are persuasive, you can easily get people to want to participate I think). Also, challenges that rely on other challengers don't go well either, so trade challenges, tourney-style (though we don't have any, and it's clear why), rivaling other members, etc don't go over well. Same with challenges that only allow the OP to assign Pokemon. That's too restrictive, plus we don't know if they'll stay or not, cause then who else is gonna assign things?

That's just from my observations anyway. :) I think this post has gotten a bit too long. XD

Rewy
February 23rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Having a challenge available for all games is always a plus, but what really ticks me off (probably due to my job) is having obnoxiously large font sizes or no proper layout at all on the opening post where you're supposed to explain the rules.
Also capslock makes it even more redundant. I know some people don't read the rules properly or just skim them over when they sign up, but having to scroll up and down when reading the rules is tedious.

How the opening post looks gives the impression of what type of a player the creator is also.
If it's hastily put together and uses multiple formatings along with no real "list" of rules, the challenge won't appeal.
Bulks of text are irritating to read through especially if you have to search for the numbers for rules.

side note: why do all wild shinies decide to die on me?!! D8 Last time it was a Shiny Oddish on my Emerald and I killed it with Scratch... Now a Shiny Rattata... that I killed with Leech Life that wasn't even a STAB... Whyyyyyyyyy......

Lulu
February 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry about the shnies Rewy DX
I wouldn't know what that's like since I only ever ran into 1 wild shiny @w@ when I was doing my Bug Monotype on Emerald @w@ and it happened to be a Nincada and I caught it >u< I kinda just spammed pokeballs, out of fear I might faint it @w@

Necrum
February 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
When I first joined the Challenges section, I started a challenge some of you may remember called the Slow Learner challenge. For all intents and purposes, it had the makings of a successful challenge. A unique concept that brought legitimate challenge to the game by forcing you to be unable to delete any move once they were learned. While it did have an okay run, it never really picked up the steam I expected it too. And I even found myself quitting the challenge, as it really wasn't my type of challenge. The Vault Hunter's challenge is my second challenge to date, and is mostly kept afloat by me and TwilightBlade. I can only attribute this to the fact that less people in challenges are really fans of the Borderlands series that I based the challenge on. It was also fairly complicated, though I would say not overly so, and required a bit of research in order to build a team. Ultimately, simplicity seems to be the key to a successful thread concept wise. Rules tend to need a bit of intricacy in order to prevent people from exploiting loop holes, something I learned while in charge of the Monotype challenge.

Ultimately, there's really no knowing just what is gonna make a successful challenge. Unless you are running one of the big four (Monotype, Solo, Random, Nuzlocke) there is really no way to guarantee success. All you need is a little luck.

jdthebud
February 24th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Ultimately, there's really no knowing just what is gonna make a successful challenge. Unless you are running one of the big four (Monotype, Solo, Random, Nuzlocke) there is really no way to guarantee success. All you need is a little luck.
Having a handful of committed challengers like I have in the Monocolor Challenge, which has a very similar setup to the monotype challenge, also helps, the Monocolor was even voted the best challenge of 2012 here! shamelessly toots own horn

Ryker
February 24th, 2013, 01:21 AM
If a challenge has been non-active for nearly a month, are you allowed to make an V2 of that certain challenge??

~R~

Necrum
February 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Far as I can tell, yes, but it's over a month, not almost.

Alli
February 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Challenges go inactive after two months, not one. So if you want to participate, you can post in it as long as the last post isn't two months old. If the thread owner is inactive, you can talk to them about taking over the challenge. If they don't reply within about three days, then you can have it.

GolurkIsDaBomb
February 24th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Thank you guys for the feedback, it was really helpful! :D

Also, I was thinking about that idea someone had for a monotype challenge for Conquest.I'm just playing through it now, and I'd think monotyping to get through the main game or whatever would be enough - it wouldn't be a very long challenge, but that's not a big deal. Also I thought... why couldn't other challenges be formatted for conquest? there could easily be an NFE challenge, a Nuzlocke challenge (you can only link with one pokemon in a kingdom, if the pokemon you're controlling faints then you can't use that warrior/warlord - Oichi or the Hero/Heroine fainting equals game over etc) and so on.

I personally think it'd be cool if we just had an "Ultimate Conquest Challenge" thread, where there are several different ones, and the ultimate version would be you do all of them.

Alli
February 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Don't know a thing about (insert Adele performance at the Oscars ignoring this thread now) Conquest but I would be fine with one thread for all Conquest challenges. If it gets too hectic to run them all in one thread, we could lock it and split them all up into separate threads.

myrrhman
February 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
ZombieMyrrh back from the dead and whatnot.

I like Golurk's idea. Need to do Conquest for the P3 Challenge and I just feel like playing it a bunch. As for one thread for all the conquest challenges, we should either do that or just add Conquest to all of the challenges that we have now (monotype, nuzzy, etc.) upon request.

Honeyman
February 25th, 2013, 12:16 AM
So guys. I need help coming up with March's monthly challenge for my subreddit. I'm on a blank at the moment. Maybe you get drunk, and choose six Pokemon under the influence, and use that team?

That is a horrible idea.

Necrum
February 25th, 2013, 07:33 PM
So, I got run off the first page of blogs by everyone freaking out about the new green names. So I still need two more party members for what I call Community Run. It's very similar in style to HoF, but only one team is chosen. I was gonna try to let it happen naturally, but now I think I need y'all's help.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7539291&postcount=63

Alli
February 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
So guys. I need help coming up with March's monthly challenge for my subreddit. I'm on a blank at the moment. Maybe you get drunk, and choose six Pokemon under the influence, and use that team?

Although we won't be having it this March, we had a St. Patrick's Day event in 2011, the first challenge event actually, so you could use it. Link to it in the FAQ. If you don't like that idea, you could make an Easter challenge that involves using random eggs.

Lulu
February 25th, 2013, 11:45 PM
hey, Sydian, mind if I take over the Randomized Nuzlocke? o.o

Alli
February 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Someone already contacted me about it last night and submitted the thread, sorry. ;(

Lulu
February 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
eh it's fine then ^^"
the good stuff usually happens when it's night time over here anyways xD

Alli
February 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
All the crap happens when I'm asleep sadly. :| UGH!

11wildy
February 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I know the feel. And Syddy, why u never on the chat thingy :(. Btw, I played a ground monotype on Red, second time ever playing Red, first time playing it without insanely boosting through :3. So many WTF moments O_O.

Alli
February 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'm in there now...? lol I'm usually on every night (my time anyway) so if you're trying to catch me there in the middle of the day, I'm probably in classes. :P

Honeyman
February 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Is figured to go somewhat along the same route as Love in the Clouds, meaning that all six Pokemon will be have a different set of rules to them.

Green: Must use a green Pokemon. It has to win 2 X contests (Never used smart. If you're drunk, you tend not to be all that smart)

Shamrock: A multi-headed Pokemon. Needs another rule.

Lucky: Luck based moveset (Less than 100 accuracy moves, multi-hit moves, Metronome)

Saint: Requires at least one healing move. Can't evolve.

Alcoholic: All vitamins/drink based healing items goes towards this guy.

Leprechaun: Short. Has to be the last one caught. Once caught, must be holding nugget at all times.

Alli
February 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Hey, I really like that! Very nice. :) For the Shamrock, you could add that it needs to know a multi-hit move, I suppose. I know that's included for the Lucky Pokemon, but I think it'd fit with a Pokemon that has multiple heads. There are multiple head Pokemon available in all games though, right? I keep thinking DP doesn't have one, but I could be wrong.

Honeyman
February 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM
How about instead of just more than one head, its more of the appendages than the norm. Like Ambipom has two tails, and Machamp has four arms. Provides more variety in the Pokemon you can use. Though that extra rule to it is not all that easy to figure out...

Rewy
February 27th, 2013, 11:37 PM
You could elaborate that rule specifically, like Syd did to the Duo thing on the valentine's challenge. =)

myrrhman
March 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM
This is my kind of thread title.

Personal Challenge: Project Perfect Pokemon update!
Well, I finally caught back up to where I should have been a week ago if my game didn't delete itself 16 pokemon away from getting the Johto starters in Emerald. Got them all now. In Sapphire, I now have all but 35 families of Pokemon. Here's the breakdown of locations for me to catch them:

Emerald: 2-5/7 to catch. Sudowoodo and Smeargle caught around Battle Frontier. Those are the only ones I can catch without cheats. Lugia and Ho-oh can be caught on Navel Rock, and Deoxys can be caught on Birth Island when I hack in the tickets/warps to the locations. Celebi and Jirachi are actually unobtainable, and so I'm going to need to just hack them into the wild and catch them (which will be the last thing I do in the games).
LeafGreen: 1-14/15 to catch. Magmar is the only one that I still HAVE to catch in LG, so I'll include all the ones that I can get in either FR or LG. Togepi is only obtainable if I have a max happiness Pokemon, which I surprisingly don't yet. Suicune will be found roaming Kanto since I started with Charmander. I surprisingly don't have a Spearow/Fearow yet. Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Tauros are in the Safari Zone. Mr. Mime and Jynx are trades that I have yet to bother doing. There is still one sleeping Snorlax in my LG. I haven't started catching any of the three legendary birds or Mewtwo, which puts me at 14 families. I'll include Mew (Faraway Island) here too, which takes hacking to get to his location.
FireRed: 13 left to catch on 2 files. Which just leaves FireRed, which I haven't started playing yet. I still need both Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and therefore Entei and Raikou, respectively. Arbok, Growlithe, Cloyster, Murkrow, Quilfish, Delibird, and Electabuzz will be found throughout the game. I'll get a Scyther from the Game Corner, to make my life a little easier. Which just leaves a Kabuto for me to grab in Mt. Moon!

After that (I can probably do both Emerald and LeafGreen in one stream, FireRed will take 3 or 4) I'll just need to do some evolving and breeding, and I'll have the National Pokedex completed on an additional 3 games! Other than that, I just need to beat the battle tower in Sapphire, the battle frontier in Emerald (no laughing matter) and master rank contests in both of them (I've already gotten started with Sapphire) and I'll be 100% done with 3 more games!

My goal is to have 8 out of 25 of the games (Blue, Silver, Stadium, Stadium2, Trading Card Game, Sapphire, Emerald, and LeafGreen) completely beaten before summer break. Right now, technically I only have one of those done (Blue), but I'm pretty close on a most of them (all of them but Silver and Stadium2). This summer I'll get a capture card (or before, at this rate I'll be done in like another month lol), and a friend and I are going to power through Pokemon Rumble to perfection. When he's not here I can also hit up some Colosseum (and XD because I have money and can go buy it, jobs are great). After that, I'll be rapidly approaching the hellish halfway point of my challenge, where all the games I have left are near impossible to perfect (Trozei, Pinball, Mystery Dungeon series, Ranger series, etc.)

Hope this wasn't tl;dr for you guys, I feel like I typed for an hour lol. What do you guys think?

vaporeon7
March 1st, 2013, 11:29 PM
I would imagine if we did challenges drunk, we'd get over-emotional in Nuzlockes.

Honeyman
March 2nd, 2013, 12:43 AM
I just posted the March challenge onto the subreddit. You can find it here (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/comments/19iigv/challenge_monthly_challenge_march/).

11wildy
March 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Myrrh, I read all the way through it, you're doing awesome! And honeyman, then link isn't working for me :(

Rewy
March 2nd, 2013, 06:56 AM
There's and extra empty space and missing : around the start of that link.

JayD
March 2nd, 2013, 08:08 AM
So... The Username Letter Challenge as been locked. Can I remake the thread with the same CSS as the previous owner or he gotta do it?

Necrum
March 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
You gotta remake the thread completely, you can't just steal other people's work. Rewrite it in your own words and such. I don't know if this applies to css as well, but I'm assuming it does.

JayD
March 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Alright, so the challenge I can redo it, but not the CSS, right?

Alli
March 2nd, 2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, you can remake it, just don't copy the original thread word for word. And don't steal the CSS either. There are ways to make a challenge pretty and eye appealing without CSS. ;)

JayD
March 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Okay then :)

Reviving the Username Letter Challenge it is^^

Edit: Is it okay if I change the rules a bit, also?

myrrhman
March 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Depends on how changy you make them. Don't make it so that people that are already doing/have completed the challenge can't get credit when they finish/now that they're finished. If its a small rule like "you have to have at least 4 pokemon on your team" then that's perfectly fine though. What change you got in mind?

JayD
March 2nd, 2013, 08:53 AM
Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.

Honeyman
March 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I just posted the March challenge onto the subreddit. You can find it here (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/comments/19iigv/challenge_monthly_challenge_march/).

Here is the fixed link. Sorry about it.

jdthebud
March 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Like the old one was, if you got numbers in your username base that number on the national pokedex and whichever number it is, you'll use that Pokemon. I wanna take that rule out and just implement the letters.
Maybe make it optional? That way users with really short username that have numbers can still participate.

vaporeon7
March 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM

What if say you had a 1 in your username, you could always make it so you just use a Pokémon that starts with O, or 2 with a T, etc.

11wildy
March 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Or if you have an 11 in your name, use the 11th letter of the alphabet :3

Rewy
March 3rd, 2013, 08:36 PM
I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.

Alli
March 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Talk to Kagami and see if she can list another option perhaps?

11wildy
March 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I can now play Pokemon Red and Crystal on my phone, so I'll be able to do more monotypes on those games now! Only 2 more on Crystal to finish gen 2!

Lulu
March 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm curious to start the Time Warp challenge, but I just noticed my only free game is Emerald and Masquerain is unavailable in that one (yes, I got interested especially on that era which requires it).

I'm sort of undecided if I want to post a sign-up yet. I just thought it'd be easier to keep the new thread uncluttered from surprise questions for now.

Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)

Rewy
March 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Well, I'll add up an alternative for it that can be obtained in Emerald and represents the Era (the way I see it anyways xD)

Oh sweet, I was going to write up a message about that in a moment.
(Was making a team rocket themed pokemon team all day. It's... hard.)

^^ Everyone has different interpretations of pokemon so I don't mind. Rules are rules.
For one I don't see Clefairy ever being cute...

Alli
March 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Guys, I'm going to be making a new Gym Leader challenge thread soon (probably tonight, that's how soon lol) and I was just wondering if anyone is actually interested. I'm worried no one will want to participate and that I'll have made it for nothing, cause I'm making this one for all games and all gym leaders, so the other gym leader challenges that are game specific will be locked. And I know they all follow different rules pretty much, so eh. :(

JayD
March 5th, 2013, 08:52 AM
How's this challenge going to be?

Alli
March 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
You can play any game as any gym leader. There's about 15-20 Pokemon for each leader to choose from. Must have at least a team of four. You may trade or hack in up to 3 Pokemon. Must use the signature Pokemon if at all possible, or it's pre-evolution (ex. Use Onix in Red if you're playing as Jasmine). The lists of Pokemon were taken from all that person's gym leader appearances, and some had to have some added (gen I and II probably have more than anyone since they were in Stadium games).

The rules are different than the other gym leader challenges, so idk what I'll do about people that are in the middle of one of the old ones that want to re-sign up. Probably just let them finish with their old rules. But all the gym leader challenges have different rules anyway, so eh. This one will be much better organized and more official, and less restrictive since you can go as Clay in Blue if you wanted to lol.

JayD
March 5th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Sounds fun. I say go for it :)
I'll definitely join in :)

Alli
March 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Yay, thanks. n__n It should be up tonight. I'm also trying to finish Gender Discrimination rn so yeah haha. I feel bad that I have to lock all the other gym challenges, but I think one is dead, no one cares about the GSC one, and...no one has even signed up for the DPPt one so eh. Saying that makes me feel better. :P And with my thread, ultimate is possible. n__n Not that I'm gonna do one, but for those that like to.

JayD
March 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I prefer challenges that aren't Gen restricted. It makes the challenge more fun and it invites more people to join :)

Cordelia
March 5th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I also prefer challenges that aren't gen-restricted. I just got my Pokemon Black (German version) in the mail, so I'm going to RNG abuse my IDs then do another monotype. Looking at Normal, Fighting, or Flying. Opinions?

11wildy
March 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
OHMYGOD I WAS PLAYING CRYSTAL TODAY AND FOUND A FREAKING SHINY EKANS!!! So shiny, sparkle, and Arbok is awesome!!

As for the gym challenge:
I also prefer all gen challenges. I might join the gym leader challenge sometime! :)