PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21

Rewy
March 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
GREEN SNAKES! \o/

I started doing a TeamRocket / Giovanni team challenge (team taken from all the games and the manga, because I really wanted a crobat) last week and after trading in a Meowth egg (because i'm playing it on HeartGold) the first pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Sentret.
SO PINK AND STRIPES! She's currently my "HM slave" as Furret so I can keep her along.

Same for the challenge -
I'll join up once I'll finish up my Platinum run. *twitches* Sinnoh....

myrrhman
March 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
GREEN SNAKES! \o/

Immediately thought "No, its silver snakes, green monkeys."

Please tell me someone else knows.

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I didn't know what that was from, and so I looked it up... AND OMG I LOVED LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE. I only saw like 5 episodes but it was AWESOME.

And I'm glad there will finally be an all gen gym leader challenge. I might partake now! ^_^

Rewy
March 5th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Sadly no idea where that is from. No Nickelodeon around here.

It's also sad that Arbok is yellow/gold snake rather than green. Oh well...

Wilhelm
March 5th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I also prefer challenges that aren't gen-restricted. I just got my Pokemon Black (German version) in the mail, so I'm going to RNG abuse my IDs then do another monotype. Looking at Normal, Fighting, or Flying. Opinions?
I say Normal type. Get yourself a Stoutland, soldier!

Sydian
March 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Normal is fun to monotype. They're so versatile. <3

Rewy
March 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I learned that once on Emerald playthrough.
Zigzagoon with Surf. I wasn't expecting it... my poor Nosepass...

Also they seem to learn all the bolts/beams for elemental things. Some even with Psychic. o.o I should really try once to go all Normal.

myrrhman
March 5th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I learned that once on Emerald playthrough.
Zigzagoon with Surf. I wasn't expecting it... my poor Nosepass...

Also they seem to learn all the bolts/beams for elemental things. Some even with Psychic. o.o I should really try once to go all Normal.

Yep, they've been the most diverse pokemon since the beginning. Makes up for them not being SE against anything.

11wildy
March 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
GREEN SNAKES! \o/

I started doing a TeamRocket / Giovanni team challenge (team taken from all the games and the manga, because I really wanted a crobat) last week and after trading in a Meowth egg (because i'm playing it on HeartGold) the first pokemon I ran into was a Shiny Sentret.
SO PINK AND STRIPES! She's currently my "HM slave" as Furret so I can keep her along.

[/SUB]

I've decided to keep the Ekans on my team, even though it's fighting monotype. :P One of my own rules is that I can always use random shinies^^ Since they are so rare anyway

Rewy
March 6th, 2013, 07:15 AM
My darling shiny Furret, Innis, just became part of Hall of Fame at level 16. She dodged a Dragon Tail Dragon Rush from Lance. Like a boss. o-o I had to toss her in to revive my Persian for a flinch to stop an Outrage Blizzard.

I honestly did not expect getting through the League with a bunch of level 41-44's.
Slow Gyarados + Avalanche + positive Attack nature = Oh my god you...

Edit: Just re-read that with thought. lol, what I meant to write was Dragon Tail -> Dragon Rush (inaccuracte move is inaccurate) and Blizzard. All the Dragonites in that fight with similar move sets. And this was an hour or two after I beat Clair, who does use Dragon Tail a lot... hrrr....

Cordelia
March 6th, 2013, 07:44 AM
I say Normal type. Get yourself a Stoutland, soldier!

Normal is fun to monotype. They're so versatile. <3

Looks like I might just be doing normal. :3

11wildy
March 6th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Segment the Shiny Arbok is AWE-SOME! Way better than expected, having the strongest attack on the team, as well as having great stats overall. I love her!<3 beat Clair's Kingdra EASILY, just a few Sludge Bombs. Never had such an easy Claire battle.

Griffinbane
March 6th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Alright, I'm gonna try to monotype Conquest. I already tried to on the hardest storyline in the game and lost, like 4 times. So I'm trying a mid-difficulty one now. Hope this works!

Rule: Must invade other kingdoms with the monotype team

LilJz
March 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
So... The Location Challenge hasn't been updated since February 11th but the person who started the thread is still active :C

Orianna
March 6th, 2013, 03:38 PM
means they're just busy. when the owner's been missing, then you get to start worrying xD

Wilhelm
March 6th, 2013, 04:05 PM
People go long periods without updating all the time. I know Syd will go long intervals without an update. Only a few of us do stuff like weekly updates, so don't expect it everywhere.

LilJz
March 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Oh alright then. I thought it wasn't normal lol :C

How long does Sydian go without updating his challenge threads?

Sydian
March 6th, 2013, 09:21 PM
How long does Sydian go without updating his challenge threads?

oh my god really

like really

http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=15167

no excuse now come on

I update them whenever I feel like. Trying to get better at keeping them updated though, especially events so that I don't have to back track. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go do girl things like have a period.

BlueShellBeast
March 7th, 2013, 03:07 AM
oh my god really

like really

http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=15167

no excuse now come on

I update them whenever I feel like. Trying to get better at keeping them updated though, especially events so that I don't have to back track. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go do girl things like have a period.
I do recall on one of the info pages, you used a male pronoun when referring to yourself, but looking back at the Challenge info threads, I see that it was either changed, or I was dreaming when I saw it. ...Admittedly, at first I figured that you preferred male pronouns when I saw it on that thread, but that blog actually cleared up some of my confusion...

Sydian
March 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I would figure that those threads being written in 2010 or 2011 and my gender being currently set to female in 2013 would mean "I guess she changed her mind?" lol :(

I gotta go cuddle some puppies brb.

11wildy
March 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Syddy being too cute to be a guy^^. Seriously, don't worry about it, we know who you are, and we love you that way ;D.

I beat my Crystal run. Arbok was my best team member, Machoke and Hitmonchan just suck, Poliwrath was also pretty good xp.

LilJz
March 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Sorry Syd! :[

I get confused between every mods! :[

Sydian
March 7th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I get confused between every mods! :[

But that's like saying you confuse people in general. idk how you can confuse mods when I'm probably the only one that posts in here, other than Mac twice on this page lol. We all have different names...but oh well.

I am reluctant to start my random challenge. lol

LilJz
March 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I guess it's the 'Syd' part that keeps making me think you're a guy :[
I'll try to keep in mind that you're a dudette.

And btw, I don't know if this is still early, but would a Saint-Patrick's day event challenge be cool?

Espeon EX
March 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
^Yes! Just make sure that it will work on Sapphire. I would TOTALLY take part in that.

Wilhelm
March 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
From what I know, there is not going to be an event challenge this month. We just had one last month so Sydian wants to have a little time between them. I am glad, personally. If we had another event so soon it surely would have eaten up the time I spend on challenges, just like the Valentines day one did. I am glad to have some time again where I can just focus on my normal challenges.

Also, my German Soul Silver is on its way now! I plan on using it to continue my Ultimate Bug Monotype. Should be interesting reading all those Pokemon names in German.

Sydian
March 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
We had a St. Patrick's event in 2011 (first challenge event) and we're already about a week into March, so obviously there isn't an event for St. Patrick's Day. I always start events at the beginning of the month, so if there isn't one by then, there won't be one later in the middle of the month. The next known event is in August. idk if I'll have anything in between.

LilJz
March 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Aww, alright :(

I just loved the Valentine's challenge, you put so much effort into it and the requirements for each Pokemon were just really great. That's why I'm pretty much hyped for the next challenge you'll make, they're just so great :C

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
If we are to have an event it should be easter! Although that's also too close, isn't it? :(

Shame since I had a pretty good idea in mind haha

LilJz
March 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I don't know if it's only the mods that are allowed to make events, but if everyone is allowed to make one, you should totally do your challenge Golurk, I'm pretty sure it would be a real hit like the love in the Cloud challenge.

Wilhelm
March 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM
You have to get Syd's permission to use the Event prefix. It's in the Challenges rules.

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Hm well first we need to see if my idea would garner interest.

My idea was it'd be an Egg Challenge

Where you breed a bunch of eggs of different pokemon, and then pick 6 and trade them over, or hack in six eggs (or if either of those are too complicated, then the second part works fine). never mind that makes things too difficult. (or it could be a bonus rule? Bah.)

One pokemon would be the Sunny Side Up Pokemon which would always have to be the first pokemon in your party, or the highest leveled or something.

Another would be the Chocolate Egg Pokemon, and it would just have to know three cutesy moves (like charm, or attract or actually maybe just a move that is a "cute" contest move)

There would also be the Omelet Pokemon which would have to know an egg related move like soft-boiled or egg bomb, and wouldn't be allowed to have two moves of the same type.

Next there would be a Hard Boiled Pokemon which would have to be egg shaped, (so azumarill, chansey, elekid, exeggcutor...) and could only use physical attacking moves

Also you'd have a Scrambled Egg Pokemon which would have to learn 3 supporting moves, and all moves would have to be of different types.

And lastly would be the Deviled Egg Pokemon which would have to know 3 "evil moves" like Nasty Plot, Beat Up, Confuse Ray, Trick, Toxic.... (or even energy draining moves) and had to be Dark, Ghost, Poison or Bug (and maybe Fire?)

Sound interesting?

Sydian
March 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Easter is this month though and we're not having one this month. April is bad too. While some schools have finals in May, some have them in April, like mine. And I wouldn't be able to give the thread and event in general my full attention. I'm fine with suggestions from members, but the event would still need me. lol So don't count on an April or May challenge. ;( Nothing wrong with your idea, it's just unfortunate Easter falls this time of the year to where an event for it would get in the way with a lot of peoples' school work, especially those of us in college/uni or any high school seniors we may have.

LilJz
March 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Well that sucks :C

An Easter challenge would've been really great :[

11wildy
March 10th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I'll wait for the next event, it will be worth it!

Sydian
March 10th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Easter event is definitely something I will consider for next year, so don't be sad~!

11wildy
March 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Yay event :D. upcoming weeks I'll be pretty busy studying, so don't epect to see me a lot.. ;( I just wanna play Pokemonz...

Sydian
March 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I hear ya. ;( I got a biology test on Wednesday and I got finals in April...so not ready. At least I'll be done soon. And spring break isn't too far off. Still need a job though, and I'm taking summer classes. :/

I just wanna play Pokemon and buy Pokemon cards. v_v

Alpha King
March 10th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I'm in the same boat. Senior year is coming to a close so I have a lot of stuff to do ;_; I also need a summer job and I don't even know where I'm going to school next year.

On another note, I am almost finished with my favorites challenge! I'm also part-way through my ultimate green monocolor run so I'm actually gonna be finishing up challenges (as is my new years resolution).

LilJz
March 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I don't know if this is the place to says this, but I just have to let it out, in my username challenge, I'm using Ivysaur until I get a Jynx or a Lickitung. My Ivysaur is already level 40-ish~ and I'm up to the part where I wake up the Snorlax. I can't tell you how many trainers I skipped on purpose so that I can battle them when I get my Jynx/Lickitung @_@

Sydian
March 10th, 2013, 06:38 PM
I do that too when I'm getting close to getting a new party member and I know it's gonna be far behind in level haha.

vaporeon7
March 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I remember when I did a challenge where the first Pokémon I could use wasn't till later in the game, I put so much effort into skipping people so I could re-battle later.

Sydian
March 11th, 2013, 07:09 PM
More of y'all should show up in #swablunest. It gets awfully lonely sometimes! Perhaps I should make an emblem for it.

Aslan
March 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
An Easter event sounds interesting, can't wait to see what happens next year :o. Also never been to Swablu's Nest :(, should sometime! :D

Anna
March 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I've been in #swablunest since the beginning of time. :3c
...even though I only started doing challenges like three days ago BUT WHATEVER MAN

Oh but wow I am trying to train up a Magikarp on HG right now and I do not understand how I did this before. Like I've had a Magikarp -> Gyarados on like every other playthrough of any Pokémon game and I don't remember training it ever being this frickin difficult/tedious/painful. How did I manage it so many times in the past?!

Wilhelm
March 12th, 2013, 04:54 AM
In my water monotype for blue version, I only had gyarados and wartortle until after waking snorlax, and both of them are in the high 30s. I'm adding two new members now though, and I even managed to skip almost every trainer in Pokemon tower.

I am almost always in #swablunest, as Syd knows, and it really does get lonely in there.

Zorogami
March 12th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Ive been on #swablusnest a few times, but whenever i get on there no one else is there to chat with...

Sydian
March 12th, 2013, 06:58 AM
It doesn't help that I'm in central time zone, I suppose lol. ;( If more people would go in throughout the day, I think that'd help. But time zones are an issue, yeah. I usually just leave the chat up when I'm online whether no one's there or not.

Anna
March 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I leave the chat up whether I'm there or not haha. Mainly because I just leave my computer on until it forces me to restart it and I forget about the chat for weeks if I close it.

Sydian
March 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
I usually leave myself in there if I sign on during mornings (which is usually only Tuesdays and Thursdays). I sometimes sign on from my phone as Petilil, but no one is in there when I do that haha.

vaporeon7
March 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
More of y'all should show up in #swablunest. It gets awfully lonely sometimes! Perhaps I should make an emblem for it.

I'm on there a bit :(

/should totally be a half-op by now

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I was thinking about making a challenge where you have to complete a game using only pokemon found in another regions regional dex. What do you think?

LilJz
March 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
So this is gonna exclude FiredRed & LeafGreen then?

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I guess it would have to exclude FireRed, LeafGreen and anything from Gen 1 xD
I don't think that would be a huge negative factor though would it?

Sydian
March 16th, 2013, 07:09 AM
It will deter players without trading capabilities that are using their actual cartridges, which can be a problem.

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Would you say it is worth posting it then?

Sydian
March 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I don't know. I can see the challenge in using Pokemon that are in the regional dex, but not introduced in that generation (ex. Using Bellossom and Girafarig in Emerald) and that would be neat, but using Pokemon that aren't in the regional dex at all would just mean trading in a team of whoever you want that's from another regional dex and I don't see the challenge in that. I mean, you end up having to do that for the Random challenge or Favorite challenge, only this one would let you pick what you have. idk. It just doesn't seem that interesting. Like I said, using Pokemon in a game of the gen they weren't introduced in would be okay, like Johto Pokemon in Hoenn, but eh.

I'm a bit scatter brained right now, sorry lol. Someone else might be able to pick up on something I'm not getting. I'm trying to clean up my room rn though so...

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
@Sydian - I didn't mean to imply that they had to be traded in. It makes sense to me for people to be able to use anything they can catch as long as it fits the requirements of the challenge. I may write it up later and just see how it goes.

Sydian
March 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
The way you worded it made it seem like you would have to trade/hack in your Pokemon. You said use Pokemon that are in another game's regional dex, so that would mean having to trade them in. Or did you mean Pokemon that are in the region and are also a part of another regional dex? lol I really don't get what you're trying to say.

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I mean you could trade in and capture from the game you are in as long as the pokemon on your team are found in another regions regional dex.

For example in B/W2 you could use a Growlithe or Magnemite because they are originally from the Kanto dex but you could also trade in something not in the regional dex of Unova at all.

Anna
March 16th, 2013, 10:56 AM
So, so, you could use a Slugma in an HG playthrough because it's also in the Hoenn regional 'dex? :D
lol no sorry i'm being an ass. or is that actually what you mean

So basically what you're saying is that you'd be playing though with Pokémon not introduced in the region your game is set in. But if that's the case, where do you stand on multi-generational Pokémon evolution families? Let's say you're playing Heart Gold and you trade in an Elekid egg. Are you allowed to use that, or must you begin with an Eletabuzz? What if you're playing Platinum- are you allowed to full evolve it to Electivire, or do you have to keep it as an Electabuzz? Are you allowed to use a Pokémon even if its final form doesn't meet the requirements? Are you allowed to use it if one of its forms don't meet the requirements? What's the deal on that?

gimmepie
March 16th, 2013, 04:56 PM
@Anna - Well at the first thing, yes exactly. As for your second point, well it makes a lot of sense and I hadn't really thought about that. I'd suggest that you probably wouldn't be able to use Electivire but maybe I'd make an allowance for a later introduced prevolution. What do you think?

Rewy
March 17th, 2013, 02:02 AM
For GBA games this sounds a bit too much of work. Mainly because on both FR/LG and R/S/E games the other region pokemon (and even then only a handful) would become available. Not everyone has GBA or link cables. =( Nor the will to play on an emulator.

Simplest example would be on Fire Red (first thing that came to mind)

I'd want to use a Murkrow, just a simple Murkrow.
But since I play on cartridge and on a DS, I can't hack or trade it in. =(
Murkrows are available in the game, but only at Lost Cave, which is post-game I think
They are from JDex originally(johto region pokedex). Although even on GSC you could get murkrow only once you got to Kanto, but that's a whole different thing...

Or am I understanding this wrong?

gimmepie
March 17th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Nah, you pretty much have it. I figure that there are other options and if anyone does want to do it then they can either head to the trade centre, play a different game or use a Emulator/ROM. Honestly it is just an experiment and I'm just gonna see where it goes.

Anna
March 17th, 2013, 06:27 AM
So wait. You really can use almost anything in the Kanto 'dex since they're all in Johto's regional 'dex, and therefore you can just do a normal playthrough on any Kanto game? That's weird though. And not particularly challenging.

Sydian
March 17th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I agree with Anna. And...I'm apparently a drunken moderoid today. XD

Wilhelm
March 17th, 2013, 08:25 AM
I'm gonna get drunk and play pokemon tonight! :D

myrrhman
March 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Okok I'm 99% sure I get this and you guys aren't.

Pokemon you can use in RBYFRLG: None until you beat the game or trade/hack someone in
Pokemon you can use in GSCHGSS: Any of the original 151 Pokemon that appear in your game. So, Pidgey, Rattata, Geodude, Jigglypuff, Bellsprout, etc. Or trade/hack someone in.
Pokemon you can use in RSE: Any of the original 251 Pokemon that appear in your game. So Tentacool, Geodude, Zubat, Slugma, etc.

Like that. Honestly, I'd say if you are playing in Red/Blue, you can only use Pokemon that get new evolutions in later games. So like Poliwhirl (but not Wrath), Mr. Mime, Scyther, etc.

Sydian
March 17th, 2013, 02:07 PM
^ I started to figure that. It doesn't matter now. The challenge is up.

vaporeon7
March 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM
That isn't a bad challenge really. Considering I almost always make an effort to use the region native Pokémon.

Anna
March 17th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Er, yeah, I got that. There were just things that needed straightening out and clarification if it was to become a challenge. Which it has. So it's fine.

And idk I might do that one. Not sure what game I have open... not Emerald, I'm doing things on that, Pearl is storage, HG has got a challenge on, Black has got a challenge on... idfk what's happening on Platinum. I think there's a dumb Flareon that won't listen to me and kill Gardenia. Maybe I'll do it on Platinum. But not till after I've finished the two challenges I'm doing probably because wow two is enough. :|

Sydian
March 17th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Two is definitely enough. I've started to limit myself to two and it's helped a lot. I don't feel overwhelmed anymore and it gives me the chance to clear off some games, like White 2, for more challenges after these two. Plus it gives me more motivation to finish so that I can start on something new.

Anna
March 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I can see that. I have bunches of games that I just ignore for months in favour of Emerald and whatever is in the DS game slot. It is nice for me at least to have two things going though because then I don't get bogged down in something tedious. Like motherfrickin Azalea Town on my Clay run. Thank god I had Dent going on Black.

Griffinbane
March 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Needs more Swablu. Don't they fly in flocks? :p

Sydian
March 17th, 2013, 08:02 PM
EVERYONE GO TELL TWISTEDPUPPY YOU LOVE THE NEW CHALLENGE FORUM SPLASH n______n

jdthebud
March 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM
EVERYONE GO TELL TWISTEDPUPPY YOU LOVE THE NEW CHALLENGE FORUM SPLASH n______n
I actually think it's a little too tall, I like being able to scroll down as quick as possible :D.

Sydian
March 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
i will banish you from my lair if you speak ill of the beautiful css that i did not make >:(

vaporeon7
March 17th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I like how Altaria is telling me about challenges.

Sydian
March 18th, 2013, 07:18 AM
It's me. I'm a talking Altaria. And y'all are flying in the sky.

vaporeon7
March 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'm the second Swablu from the left then.

jdthebud
March 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
And now it's time to do challenges, not drunk, but hungover!

btw vappy, you gonna add sylveon to that picture?

11wildy
March 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I'll be the one flying at the top ;D

Wilhelm
March 18th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Anyone else getting a large amount of extra space to the right since the new splash went up? Also the #swablunest link is below the others on my screen. Not critiquing it, just wanna find out if that's just me or not? It's most noticeable on my phone since it always starts zoomed out all the way.

Anna
March 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
EDIT omg no i see what you're saying. and I know why, too- there's a css-div in there that's 1220x17 and stretching the screen

Sydian
March 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Anyone else getting a large amount of extra space to the right since the new splash went up? Also the #swablunest link is below the others on my screen. Not critiquing it, just wanna find out if that's just me or not? It's most noticeable on my phone since it always starts zoomed out all the way.

It's under the other stuff for me too. I don't have everything moved to the left though, except when I was on from my phone.

I guess I could talk to twistedpuppy about it?

jdthebud
March 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM
EDIT omg no i see what you're saying. and I know why, too- there's a css-div in there that's 1220x17 and stretching the screenso that's why I have a bottom scroll bar. I thought it was just me.

Anna
March 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah that's what that is. I don't know about the other bit, though- the link to #swablunest is exactly level with the others for me. It's not to do with the forum skin you're using, is it?

Wilhelm
March 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Twisty is fixing it now. Then we can enjoy it's fluffy glory!

twistedpuppy
March 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Le sigh...I've tried my best at fixing it. It no longer stretches that I'm aware of (tried it on my iphone). The boxes will overflow, but everything else seems fine on my laptop. x__x

I also made it a tiny smaller. Syd should be able to c/p it if she has no problems. Hope you guys like it.

Anna
March 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I'm sure it'll look perfect! Thank you much for the prettiness~ :D

vaporeon7
March 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM
And now it's time to do challenges, not drunk, but hungover!

btw vappy, you gonna add sylveon to that picture?

Berocca anyone?

I didn't make my signature, so most likely not.

Alpha King
March 19th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Looks nice now! I also love the tallking Altaria/Syd but I refuse to be any other Pokemon besides the Totodile line and Houndoom.

Sydian
March 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I might have to get an smod to add it in. I'm getting that thing popping up when I try. >.<

LilJz
March 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
There's.. there's a talking Altaria on the main page of the challenge thread! D:

And why am I flying!? >.<

Wilhelm
March 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!!!

New theme is yes. I saw this clip from the show yesterday and found myself compelled to do a profile theme of James in his Moltres costume.

Anyone have any good ideas on what I should do with my Japanese Red version? It's just been sitting here since I bought it. I don't know what challenge I should play with it...

LilJz
March 19th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Do a challenge that you never did :)

Look closely! :)

Sydian
March 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
You could always monocolor it...and use whatever color Moltres fits in so that you can name it James. :P

Anna
March 19th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Yeees do that. I was going to suggest anime character challenge or w/e but apparently that's not a thing anymore.

jdthebud
March 19th, 2013, 09:12 PM
You could always monocolor it...and use whatever color Moltres fits in so that you can name it James. :P
Yes, more monocolor challengers plz! and it's one of the few challenges that will let you use Moltres :). Yellow is the color I think.

Wilhelm
March 20th, 2013, 04:01 AM
I'm already using moltres in the gym leader challenge, and if I was gonna mono color I would like to do it on a game that I can actually see what color my pokemon are, since Nintendo decided that the gameboy advance sp didn't need the ability to read super gameboy colors. Everything would look red. Any other ideas?

Anna
March 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Oh man you should so do a Time Warp Challenge that looks amazing.

altaria221
March 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I've been contemplating a fairly interesting challenge. It involves all pokemon of a player's party that are used in battle to have the same move.

i.e. an entire team where all the pokemon know slash.

I'm thinking that this would encourage people plotting out their teams:
-something like solarbeam would ideally isolate you to grass, fire, and normal types
-something like tackle would give someone a broad spectrum, but a weak move that every team member must have

I'm curious for input.
Also, if anybody likes it, feel free to go ahead and start up the challenge. I'm very busy, and the most i could hope to do is maybe join it, much less moderate the challenge.

Rewy
March 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I remember there once being a challenge like that. Don't remember how long lifespan / interest it got though.

Wilhelm
March 20th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking about reviving this challenge:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234182

Just wanted to see if there was any interest. Looks like it had a really long run, as it was active through late last year. It seems like a cool challenge in my mind as it's a good chance to force yourself to use Pokemon you normally would never use, either because you couldn't fit it into your team, or the Pokemon in question is caught too late or after the end of the game to be usable.

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 20th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Ooh that was my first challenge! It was pretty fun, actually, especially when you got really crappy mons, and they ended up being awesome. I'd definitely participate in it again if it was revived, it was a good challenge!

LilJz
March 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I like the Hunger Games challenge. It looks really fun to play. But I don't like the part about your Pokemon fainting and you can't use it anymore. I don't like those challenges :[

Anna
March 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Ohh I remember seeing The Ones That Got Away some time ago when I wasn't into challenges and thinking it was cool. I'd do it! :D

Sydian
March 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Necrum, I loved that challenge. I ended up dropping it because the thread went inactive though. :( idk when I'd be able to participate, but it was really popular and I think it would still go over well! :)

myrrhman
March 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM
@altaria/Rewy: There was, but the OP did a pretty poor job of it (in my opinion) and made you choose between like 10 different moves. And I think there was some other restriction that was just dumb and made a bunch of people not want to do it.

jdthebud
March 20th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I'm thinking about reviving this challenge:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234182

Just wanted to see if there was any interest. Looks like it had a really long run, as it was active through late last year. It seems like a cool challenge in my mind as it's a good chance to force yourself to use Pokemon you normally would never use, either because you couldn't fit it into your team, or the Pokemon in question is caught too late or after the end of the game to be usable.
That was a nice challenge, I did that one early in my challenge career here :). Sammuthegreat was a great owner for that one, although he hasn't been around for a long time.

vaporeon7
March 21st, 2013, 12:20 AM
I remember doing that ages ago. Wasn't half bad.

Alpha King
March 21st, 2013, 11:08 AM
That was one of my favorite challenges iirc. One of the first I actually completed :)

Sydian
March 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think we have a general consensus that we love The Ones That Got Away. XD

Wilhelm
March 21st, 2013, 11:35 AM
Right. I'll get on that as soon as possible then. I need to figure out what game I'm gonna play it on and create a brand new layout, since the old thread was a bit dated. Not to mention create a new list of ones that got away! XD

Sydian
March 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Great. :) Hopefully I'll be able to participate some time. I've already got another challenge planned to post after I finish either my Random or Gym Leader though, so we'll see~!

LilJz
March 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
I'm currently doing the Pokemon Cycle Challenge and my Pokemon that I'm using for the challenge are Shiftry, Milotic & Camerupt. It's the first time I'll be doing a challenge without having to use a starter Pokemon :P

Sydian
March 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM
Yikes, have fun looking for a Feebas. :(

LilJz
March 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Yep.. I just realized that a few hours ago too :[

I was like okay I need a Seedot, Numel & a Feebas :)

Wait.. what.. *checks again*

Feebas

Feebas

Feebas

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/854/vader_NOOOO.jpg

vaporeon7
March 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM
I think I need to find a challenge I can do in short boosts, any ideas?

Sydian
March 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Monotype can go by pretty fast if you play a game you know like the back of your hand. Or a solo.

vaporeon7
March 21st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Monotype can go by pretty fast if you play a game you know like the back of your hand. Or a solo.

I might do a Solo or a Duo.

Wilhelm
March 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Does duo even exist anymore?

mozartm99
March 22nd, 2013, 08:41 AM
What about a no training challenge? So the only way you could level up your team would be through trainers and gyms. No tall grass stuff except to find your team. And you have to run away from all wild battles unless you plan on catching that wild pokemon.

LilJz
March 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
That's what I usually do to level up my team :P

I don't battle wild Pokemon. Only time I do is at the beginning of the game when you can't encounter trainers yet :P

Wilhelm
March 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Any suggestions for what I should use for the color pallet on The Ones That Got Away? I want it too look purdy like my other challenges.

vaporeon7
March 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Any suggestions for what I should use for the color pallet on The Ones That Got Away? I want it too look purdy like my other challenges.

A Pokémon you like's colour palette?

Everyone should come on #swablunest (Challenge forum irc)

Sydian
March 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
Everyone should come to the nest yes yes yes. :) We are having fun!

Wilhelm
March 23rd, 2013, 05:05 AM
The Ones That got Away is up and running! Sorry it's not all purdy. I was dead tired when I finished typing it up, and wanted to get it up as soon as possible. I'll make it look nice later when I get off work. :D

PS: I love my team.

LilJz
March 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
So I'm at the Dewford city Gym and I only got my Seedot until now. I don't wanna evolve it because it will have a big weakness against Fighting type, but they're still beating my Seedot >.<

vaporeon7
March 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
So I'm at the Dewford city Gym and I only got my Seedot until now. I don't wanna evolve it because it will have a big weakness against Fighting type, but they're still beating my Seedot >.<

If it gets too hard you can just come back later after Flannery or something, because you only need to beat Brawly before Norman.

Sydian
March 23rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Yeah, if I were you, I'd just skip Brawly for now and come back later. If you're way over his level, even if your Pokemon is Dark type, he probably won't deal enough damage to you and you'll be alright by that point.

jdthebud
March 24th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Hey Sydian, any luck getting that corrected splash inserted in? I still have a scroll bar on the bottom of the Challenges homepage.

In other challenge news, I completed my Rock Ultimate monotype yesterday. Only 2 more to go, both just for Unova! 6th gen is coming though...

LilJz
March 24th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I finally beat Brawly after several grinding and some awesome luck with Bullet Seed hitting 5 times and getting lots of crits :P

Griffinbane
March 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
So I was at Victory Road, training my dragon team when I saw a SHINY ONIX. Caught it too! \o/

Sydian
March 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
That's awesome! The only random shiny I've found while doing a challenge was in the first version of the Favorite Challenge. Got a shiny Ekans. 8) Traded it to my HG and used her on my team. HER NAME IS PANTS.

Griffinbane
March 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Ekans. Pants. Oh no. -chases innocence-

Sydian
March 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
...Never made that connection till now THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY ARBOK :(

LilJz
March 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Really Sydian...? Naming your Ekans 'pants'?

What Pokemon you got?
I got an Ekans, called pants. It's in my Pokeball (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

vaporeon7
March 25th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Really Sydian...? Naming your Ekans 'pants'?

What Pokemon you got?
I got an Ekans, called pants. It's in my Pokeball (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

That has to be thing ever.

I've never found a shiny (not Gyarados) in a challenge before. I'd be annoyed if I did on an emulator though.

Sydian
March 25th, 2013, 06:09 AM
When you are playing a Japanese game and have 5 characters for a name and are rushing with adrenaline, sometimes all you can think about is a nice pair of pants.

Wilhelm
March 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
How about a discussion question?

What is your favorite region to play challenges in? Least favorite?

For me, I really enjoy playing Kanto. I've beaten two challenges in kanto and have two more going right now and it just hasn't gotten old for me. Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but if that were the case I would be as excited in johto, which happens to be my favorite region over all.

My least favorite has been Sinnoh. It just feels so slow. I mean, I don't like to speed through my games, but it's ridiculous how sluggish Sinnoh is. I have yet to play any challenges in Hoenn, so hopefully it doesn't give me a reason to change my answer, though I doubt it will since it's really hard to be worse than sinnoh.

Anna
March 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM
lalala Hoenn forever

...I actually can't answer this question properly because I've only tried challenges on three games total lmao but I'm confided Hoenn is the best for me. I know Emerald like the back of my hand and it's still a great region to play through. Johto's also fun, but wow challenges tend to get long when you have to go through two regions, beat the E4 twice, and beat Red.

My least favourite would definitely be either DP Sinnoh or BW. They're so slow. And boring. And BW's so linear. They're just not fantastic games and they don't have a lot of 'mon I really want to use and I don't like playing them really. So they don't really make challenges fun. :|

Sydian
March 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
RSE and BW(2) seem to be my go-to games for challenges. I can complete a challenge easiest and quickest in RSE, but I like the variety that gen V games give me, so it usually depends on the challenge I'm doing as to which game I'm going to pick.

Least favorite ummm...I know you said region, but I don't like having to play GSC/HGSS past the Johto part, especially in HGSS where Red is even more difficult than in the originals. As for a region as a whole like you're asking though, I can't even do regular playthroughs in Sinnoh, so I would never do a challenge in it. Noooo thanks. I just can't do that place anymore. :( I really can't. So much need for HMs.

myrrhman
March 25th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Favorite is definitely Kanto, specifically RBY. Goes by so fast, and I can get a challenge done in an hour on a good day. Plus, I've done so many that I just know that region to the point that a couple months ago I could name every trainer Pokemon that I fought up to like Erika.

Least favorite has to be DPPt. Like said before, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. SO SLOW.

eternal_tz
March 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM
What do you think about a Starter-challenge?

using only starter pokemons, you will need more games to get the starters from thats the only prob.

Wilhelm
March 25th, 2013, 05:16 PM
You mean like a Starter Trio challenge? If that's what you mean, I was thinking about a challenge like that, where you only use the trio from a particular region. Like Blastoise, Charizard, and Venusaur, or Blaziken, Sceptile, and Swampert. Seems like a cool idea, but I'm piled up with challenges right now so I wouldn't be able to play right away.

jdthebud
March 25th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Johto's probably my favorite region to play, but it really can get old when you get to Kanto.

Platinum is actually okay for me. I am actually getting a little burned out on Unova since I've been playing it so much recently. BW2 is actually much longer than you think, and BW has a postgame requirement that can get old fast as well.

Kanto is meh right now too since I've only been playing the remakes lately, and the speed button sucks on those games (only 300% vs 500 for RSE & 1000% for RBY).

WarriorCat
March 25th, 2013, 10:25 PM
This is my order of favorite regions(1 being my most favorite).
1. Johto
2. Unova
3. Hoenn
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

(only 300% vs 500 for RSE & 1000% for RBY).

It's still good, but I agree it sucks, my speed button speeds are 500%-600% for FRLG and RSE, 4000%-7000% for GSC, and 10000%-80000% for RBGY. Yes, I'm serious, 4 zeros.

Rewy
March 25th, 2013, 11:00 PM
As regions themselves I guess? Because I'd choose BW2-Unova over BW-Unova (I don't know, I just don't like... having to grind to beat Alder) and then move on with Johto (only johto part), Hoenn, Kanto and finally Sinnoh.
Sinnoh story is just so slow, not to mention all the HM's and backtracking you need to do between gyms. (Although I did play HG/SS without a flyer once... oh god...)

Would the starter only challenge be region based? Or would you be able to mix and match?
Mainly just curious, because I'm not too fond of the derpy fire lizard (that will never be dragon type and is 4x weak to rock...) Just personal thing. I used a trio of starters + Pikachu and Togepi once in a playthrough of HeartGold and the only ones that I eventually tried to avoid using were Charizard and Raichu (well Volt Tackling myself to Death a few times was amusing...). Everyone did get to level 60 or so, just... didn't do Red eventually, because I kept missing out on Diamond Dust weather.

11wildy
March 26th, 2013, 01:12 AM
How about reviving the word themed challenge? You would randomize a word, and that would be the theme for your team. I would add an option to choose the word yourself though, for more varience.

Honeyman
March 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hey guys. Long time no see. I got a couple things to say, so listen up.

I will thankfully be getting a new laptop soon, so I could participate in challenges again. Bad news is that all my files would be gone, so if I were to continue a challenge, I would have to start over.

In other news, April is coming up, and I have no idea what to do for that month. I got a complaint about how the last 2 months were too similar, so I want something different that is still April themed. I thank you for your time.

myrrhman
March 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
When I think of April, I think of rainbows. Do a rainbow challenge, where you have to have a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple Pokemon?

Sydian
March 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Tell them to stop complaining lmao. This is why I don't put events too close together, cause I mean, if you look at them, they are generally very similar. ;( It doesn't seem to similar when they're spread out.

Also, I think there was a rainbow challenge floating around somewhere. You could search for it and get ideas from there.

vaporeon7
March 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Do an April Fool's Challenge. Pokémon must have Prankster, or know Trick, Switcheroo, Foul Play, etc.

Sydian
March 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
And make them have one fish Pokemon! For Poisson d'Avril! :3

vaporeon7
March 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I still think for an event challenge we should do who can go through a game and see the least amount of Pokémon. You'd have to skip a lot of trainers.

Wilhelm
March 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

vaporeon7
March 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.

LilJz
March 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM
So in my challenge I'm at, I gotta get my last Pokemon for the team. Which unfortunately happens to be Feebas... It's really hard to get him in Ruby... ><!

Rewy
March 30th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Yeah... dem feebasses.
Reason why I've never used a Milotic before Gen5 is because the evolution/hard to find. I found my tile on Emerald eventually (TW challenge) and spent half my game time basically then growing berries. >_>

Xaldin
March 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Ahh Feebas,the sneaky little fish.what I wonder is why that fish fixed on one SPECIFIC tile in the game?

Rewy
March 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Actually the tile (at least in Emerald) changes every time the Trendy Phrase thing updated. I never bothered on 4th gen to find one, but I think that was dependent on the day change. (Also it might've been 3 specific tiles, but you're usually just happy enough to find one, right?)

edit -
I feel so lazy on typing up updates even though I beat Wallace in my TW challenge last night... trying to think if I'll bother with Steven for lulz or not before actually copying my notepad scribbles (team levels and stuff).

myrrhman
March 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Only took me 386 hours to do (sped up)

http://imgur.com/gh13Sm2

jdthebud
March 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Only took me 386 hours to do (sped up)

http://imgur.com/gh13Sm2
Nicely done! What's next for you? I need more monocolor challengers...

Gulpin
March 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.

I agree with the Ground monotype. For me Hoenn is an awesome region for monotypes because all of its Pokemon have some pretty cool type combinations. If you do Ground you would have access to Swampert, Camerupt, Flygon, Claydol, and Whiscash which are all pretty fun Pokemon to use. I would also recommend Fighting even though you said you didn't want to do it because you could use Blaziken/Breloom/Medicham/Hariyama.

Wilhelm
March 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Ground does sound pretty good. And don't get me wrong, I do want to do Fighting in Hoenn, lots of cool fighting types, but I would rather only do one game per type at a time. Black is really nice for Fighting, because you can get more than half your team before the 2nd gym, and one of them is your starter.

myrrhman
March 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Nicely done! What's next for you? I need more monocolor challengers...

Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)

Honeyman
March 30th, 2013, 10:51 PM
So I decided to base my challenge off of April Fools. Though I need a way to make the challenge be possible in every gen.

SuperKirbyFan
March 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)

How long have you not been the OP of the Solo Challenge? Apparently its been way too long since I was here.

myrrhman
March 31st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Not too long, but it happens, the owners gradually get lazy and threads go to good homes with OPs that will love them and update them all the time.

LilJz
March 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
I spent two days not progressing in my challenge and hunting for Feebas. Ugh, can't believe I actually have to get him >.<

Sydian
March 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM
I had a whole week to make progress on challenges, and that didn't happen. :( I did more in my regular playthrough of Black 2 than anything. I did get to Opelucid though in White 2...and in White...I...beat Bianca and that was it. Someone just doesn't wanna do Chargestone Cave! All my games are like...really close. They're almost all in the same place. lol :(

Wilhelm
March 31st, 2013, 10:33 AM
I know that feel, Syd, both my black and black 2 are at desert resort, which I really, really don't want to do. And my white 2 is in nimbasa city, so I'm in much the Se boat as you when it comes to Unova. -_-

Orianna
March 31st, 2013, 11:47 AM
The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras <3

I had an entire day to do challenges but spent it on css tutorials and giving a facelift to all the challenges I'm running o.o

I honestly hope the old owner of the time warp challenge doesn't get mad at me taking over .-. or even want it back >.< I enjoy running it and I'd have a hard time parting with it >.<

though I'm not sure where previous owners stand regarding their old challenges o.O can they get them back if the current owner's actively tending to them? x.x

P.S. I'm sorry Emerald Players doing Renaissance have to get through the getting a Milotic struggle T-T I'm open to suggestions regarding another Pokémon for that Era .-.

BTW, Honeyman, I never got to thank you in person for the Egyptian Era suggestion back when I took over the Challenge o.o I did add your name to the Special Thanks section though o.o

Honeyman
March 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM
I read that, and I was like "They took my suggestion... I don't know if I should feel honoured or upset I wasn't credited". Though thanks for crediting me.

Edit: I got another era idea. Ancient China. It could mostly be based off of Ninjas and Samurais.

Orianna
March 31st, 2013, 01:16 PM
I read that, and I was like "They took my suggestion... I don't know if I should feel honoured or upset I wasn't credited". Though thanks for crediting me.

Edit: I got another era idea. Ancient China. It could mostly be based off of Ninjas and Samurais.

Someone suggested Feudal Japan which is close to what you're suggesting now xD Ninjas and Samurais were in Japan, not China btw xD
And hey, I added you to the special thanks list the moment I added Egyptian Era to the challenge xD

I hope I'll see you doing the time warp challenge again xD this time, all your questions will get answers xD

Sydian
March 31st, 2013, 01:32 PM
I don't think she minds, Kagami. I follow her on Twitter and asked her there about it and never got a reply so eh. She was pretty popular here though. Won a category or two in the Challenges MOTY voting...like Most Creative challenges I think?

Also, I updated Gender Discrimination to be for all games and not just HGSS now! Well, no RBY because no genders, but yeah. I hope more people will sign up for it now that it's more open.

Wilhelm
March 31st, 2013, 01:36 PM
The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras <3
Hooray! I wrote two of the new eras, and am about to do one more that I call The Pirate Golden Age. Definitely a cool option.

Orianna
March 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think she minds, Kagami. I follow her on Twitter and asked her there about it and never got a reply so eh. She was pretty popular here though. Won a category or two in the Challenges MOTY voting...like Most Creative challenges I think?

Also, I updated Gender Discrimination to be for all games and not just HGSS now! Well, no RBY because no genders, but yeah. I hope more people will sign up for it now that it's more open.

Oh nice o.o and well, I'm glad to be running the challenge now. And yay, I'll sign up for gender discriminarion as oon as I complete my black monobug xD And Necrum, I can't wait to see the pirates thingy o.o

Impo
March 31st, 2013, 06:35 PM
I reckon an April Fool's Day Challenge would be cool

like, find 6 posts of yours, and the Pokemon you are are the ones you train and complete the challenge with.
Of course it would take longer than a day, but eh

Anna
April 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
Aw man someone else should update their gym leader challenge. I don't wanna merge my long-ass updates. :( and also wow I'm surprised nobody has yet considering I'm slow as hell and have got three badge since last update. :|

Sydian
April 1st, 2013, 03:20 PM
I should have time to play tonight and I'll try to get in an update so you can post...Abomasnow...

Anna
April 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM
Why thank you, you're so thoughtful shiny Glaceon. ^___^

vaporeon7
April 1st, 2013, 03:56 PM
I'll probably update too, don't worry little Shaymin.

Anna
April 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Aw Kecleon you're so sweet. :3

No but seriously I'm going to have so much trouble on Marshal and augh how am I going to ever complete this ;;

GolurkIsDaBomb
April 1st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Don't worry Claydol, even a silly ground type like you should know you can beat Marshall by grinding like mad! (But seriously, good luck!) Also I'm scared to start the fish event if magikarp is the only mon I can use up until after Norman. D:

Orianna
April 1st, 2013, 04:29 PM
Don't worry, Shiny Mr Mime, you don't have to use Magikarp. It's Goldeen/Seaking that you'll have to use. Despite not liking it at first, using only 1 pokemon for like half the gyms wasn't that bad. And people really need to stop underestimating Seaking o.o Mine rocked with its peck and flail and horn attack o.o he now knows waterfall (by level up yo&) and Surf and I'm now fishing for new members for my 1 pokemon and 2 hm slaves team.

Anna
April 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah Primeape's right, Koffing- get that Goldeen once you hit Dewford and get the Old Rod. That'll see you through! Well, if Wattson doesn't get you. :|

Orianna
April 2nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
D:
Syd DX
I wanted to post updates >.>
I went through like half the game and was fishing for more team members <.< >.>
I think I'll finish it for the lulz despite it being a prank.

Xaldin
April 2nd, 2013, 05:24 AM
Lol,I knew something was....
*takes off sunglasses*
Fishy about that Challenge
YEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Wilhelm
April 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
I'm quitting the fish challenge because every time I start to play it, Slender Man attacks me. It's rather bad for my health...

BlueShellBeast
April 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Syd, I sure hope that you didn't think that you would get out of hearing about the adventures of KOIKING and Snapper just by locking the Fish Challenge Thread.
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/BlueShellBeast/KOIKINGbeatsLance_zpsc42f5809.png http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/BlueShellBeast/KOIKINGbeatsRed_zps6e5cfec4.png http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/BlueShellBeast/KOIKINGFinalTeam_zps05b56e0d.png http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv161/BlueShellBeast/RODSGET_zps1c87030e.png

At any rate, even if the challenge was a SEA of lies, I actually did learn about how great Seaking is... I just wish that it was an actual challenge...

Sydian
April 2nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
I DIDN'T KNOW EVERYONE WOULD LOVE THE FISH CHALLENGE IM SORRY

Anna
April 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
I was seriously thinking of doing it and then you said it was a joke and I was kind of sad but that's okay because I would have never gotten it done and then felt disappointed in myself SO.

also syd i stole your sig format hope you don't mind too much :x

Sydian
April 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
It's fine lmao it's an old style plus it's not like you imitated it to a t. I've had people do that before and I was like ummm rly yo?? lol

Anna
April 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Yay cool thank you! You suggested I do icons yesterday and I ended up making tons today and then I was like crap what do I do with these besides copy Syddy???

And also I'm like really in love with my avatar rn? I mean I actually used this exact same fanart for a very similar avatar/icon set two years ago but this one's just so much better.

Esper
April 2nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
So I don't really do challenges, but I like to see what kinds people come up with. Earth Day is not that far away. Maybe someone could do an Earth Day challenge. Something like:

- a Grass-type Pokemon
- a green-colored Pokemon
- a Pokemon with the Healer, Honey Gather, Natural Cure, Pickup, Poison Heal, Regenerator, or Sap Sipper ability. (Or one that can have it? Or an evolution?)
- a Water-type Pokemon
- a Pokemon that you caught/obtained in a "forest" named area of the game: Viridian Forest, Ilex Forest, etc.
- a Pokemon with the move Earth Power, Natural Gift, Nature Power, or Recycle. (Or just one that can learn it?)

Give A Hoot, Don't Pollute - You may not use a Poison-type Pokemon. You must also defeat every Poison-type Pokemon you encounter. (No running away, using Roar, etc.) If a wild Poison-type Pokemon causes the battle to end then you must search the area until you find another of the same kind and defeat it.

Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires - You may not use a Fire-type Pokemon. You must also defeat every Fire-type Pokemon you encounter. (No running away, using Roar, etc.) If a wild Fire-type Pokemon causes the battle to end then you must search the area until you find another of the same kind and defeat it.

And so on.

Honeyman
April 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you put a lot thought into that challenge. If Syd doesn't make that an event, you can make that your own challenge.

Anna
April 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh I really like that! I might do it if it becomes a thing. And if I complete one of my current challenges. -_-;

Rewy
April 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
I really like this idea as a challenge. Might do it on HeartGold once I clear it up, just because it's probably more interesting than:
a) playing Igo, Reversi, Chess or solving Sudokus on the phone all day
b) listening the teacher repeat same old things for the nth time... (we learned about using masks in photoshop on the first year darn it...)

Esper
April 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Sounds like you put a lot thought into that challenge. If Syd doesn't make that an event, you can make that your own challenge.
I would, but I don't really have the time/will to do a challenge myself right now and the rules say you gotta participate in your own challenges, so... I dropped it here for anyone who want to play with it and make it their own.

Sydian
April 2nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Cute idea, Scarf! Kinda missed the mark to make it an event though (I'm really OCD with them apparently?), but it'd be great if someone wanted to start it. :) I know you don't have time for it now, but hopefully if someone else makes it, you could come back and play it sometime. :) I think it's a cute idea though. It'd be a challenge for me...no Fire types...really difficult for me not to use one. XD

Honeyman
April 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
In other, unrelated news: The computer I'm getting is second hand, and is currently getting formatted. I might be able to finally start challenges again. Sadly, all my files and other stuff are forever gone, so I can't continue any of the challenges I started. I promise I won't be competeing in more than one challenge at once, only exception being events.

Wilhelm
April 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
I just submitted two more eras for the time warp challenge! Pirate Golden Age, and time rift. I probably won't be writing any more eras for this challenge. I hope they both get added!

Sydian
April 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
I have had a very productive week so far, and I will be adding to that productivity tonight by working on my challenges! ...And watching YGOTAS. 8)

Xaldin
April 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
I have had a very productive week so far, and I will be adding to that productivity tonight by working on my challenges! ...And watching YGOTAS. 8)

I wish I was productive right now.I'm procrastinating on some work I got over Spring Break. :p Guess I'll be "productive" tomorrow,challenges and all.

Wilhelm
April 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
I've been too tired from working an 8 day week to be productive. :<

Sydian
April 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
I am just on a roll, and don't want it to end. XD

Anna
April 3rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
I was on a roll, but then I kind of ran out of momentum and now I need a push to get going again. :| Although really what I need to be doing is cleaning the entire house rather than challenges, PC, and watching Pokémon.

koopafan29
April 4th, 2013, 01:09 AM
What about making a challenge where you have to use pokemon that are first evo and have to be done first first evo in a team of 4 (so you can have hm slaves) maybe call it baby challenge or egg challenge or something

Orianna
April 4th, 2013, 02:37 AM
What about making a challenge where you have to use pokemon that are first evo and have to be done first first evo in a team of 4 (so you can have hm slaves) maybe call it baby challenge or egg challenge or something

We already have a Baby Pokémon Challenge.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297240

You have to use pokémon from the list of 18 baby pokémon in it and your team can be as large as you want it to, but has to have at least 2 Pokémon in it (else it wouldn't be a team xD).

Wilhelm
April 4th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Waiting for my new computer to arrive. It's incredibly boring! It was supposed to be here at noon!

Xaldin
April 4th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Wish I had a computer right now. The laptop i'm using has its hinges broken off,but the screen is still connected,so it still works XD.

in other news,finished my 2nd Challenge!

Edit:Deciding between doing the Time Warp Challenge on Storm Silver,the Ones That Got Away on Yin Black,Or the Gym Leader Challenge on Volt White 2. All of the challenges look good to try. Decisions Decisions....

Honeyman
April 4th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I decided once I get my new laptop, I will start a post-apocalypse Time Warp challenge. Instead of a screenshot run however, it may just be a comic. I already have a team planned out, though it's in the rough draft.

Blaziken, Sableye, Weezing, Flygon (if allowed, if not: Armaldo), Tentacruel, and Pinsir.

LilJz
April 5th, 2013, 06:34 AM
So I finally caught a Feebas... I fed it up to the max number of Pokeblocks you can feed it and now I can't feed it anymore.. and it still doesn't evolve into Milotic.. I gotta get another Feebas so I can waste my berries on it again.. UGH! ><

Wilhelm
April 5th, 2013, 06:54 AM
So I finally caught a Feebas... I fed it up to the max number of Pokeblocks you can feed it and now I can't feed it anymore.. and it still doesn't evolve into Milotic.. I gotta get another Feebas so I can waste my berries on it again.. UGH! ><
That's why you always save before giving it the items to raise beauty.

LilJz
April 5th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I never knew they had a max number of Pokeblocks you could give until they stop eating them.. ><

Now gotta go back to the Milotic tile and get it again >.>

Xaldin
April 5th, 2013, 07:11 AM
So I fought Lenora in Pokemon Yin Black.I get her down to her last pokemon,which was a Clefable. So I thought to myself,"well this will be a piece of cake." WRONG. The Clefable knows the deadly combo of Cosmic Power and Stored Power.Also,it has Magic Guard,so I can't stall it out using Poisonpowder.It wipes out my whole team using this combo! :( Time for more training.

myrrhman
April 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM

Just breed the Milotic brah.

Xaldin
April 5th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I never knew they had a max number of Pokeblocks you could give until they stop eating them.. ><

Now gotta go back to the Milotic tile and get it again >.>

Reason 1 to love 5th Gen:The evolution method changed :P

LilJz
April 5th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I would breed it, but it's gonna take a hella lot of time to train the little bugger :(

But I think that's the best method for now..

And blah, for having to have Milotic on my challenge -.-

Rewy
April 5th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hey, I did it too, it was just... deadly for the challenge interest. Because when it finally wanted to evolve I was 2000% done with the game so I just rushed to the end.

Swablu
April 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I wish I knew you could fill up with Pokéblocks before I did it the first time. Live and learn I guess.

Sydian
April 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Your theme is genius. Never change it. omg a completely pink swablu <333 ;___;

Dark Marik
April 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I got bored and made an alt account too. >.>

jdthebud
April 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM
What's the point of having an alt account?

Sydian
April 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
To reserve a name, usually. Depends on the person who makes it, really. I made mine to reserve names, however I ended up needing to use it one time. Someone hacked the site so that staff members couldn't log in, and luckily a lot of us had alts. And then I once took a DLoA on this account because of some personal problems, but still wanted to enjoy the site. I didn't want to sign on this account at all, anticipating a PM I didn't want, so I used my alt during that break.

So yeah. That's just my experiences with having an alt. But it's mostly for name stealing. :P

ilovedeino15
April 8th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Speaking of alt accounts, I used to be bctincher15 and this is my new permanent account. :)

I just made this one because I use this name a lot more. I'll also be around a lot more than I used too, so I'ma start some challenges now, I'm also going to limit myself to 2 at a time. The only exception will be the event challenges. :)

Wilhelm
April 9th, 2013, 03:00 AM
I mostly just wanted to do a Marik theme without losing the Slender Man one that I just made and am rather happy with.

Anna
April 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
If I really like themes I just copy them and stick them in a document or in that notepad in the ucp. :3 I had so much crap in that thing on my old account. My current one just says "beedrill & qwilfish" tho.

Also I'm at Drayden in Black and really not happy about having to fight him because none of my 'mons moves are super effective against dragons and most of them are like 0.5x even. ;;

Sydian
April 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I save sigs in my notepad on PC (as in the site...lol), but I have a ton of old sigs saved on my PC (as in my old laptop), including theme collabs and such from back when Hiidoran and I would twin all the time. And I was really, really good at making sigs, too haha. Good for someone that doesn't use CSS anyway. I'll have to pull them out for y'all to see sometime.

I will get back to challenges after finals next week, probably. I'm just way too busy to even sit down and play games. :/

Dark Marik
April 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I'm just way too busy to even sit down and play games. :/
Yet you somehow have time to read Manga? Interesting... lol

+10 points if you read it in Marik's voice

Anna
April 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Reading manga goes by really quickly. I caught up to Syd in like 5 hours sooo yeah. It takes like no time at all.

Sydian
April 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Reading manga is a lot quicker to do, though. I just read. I don't have to make choices like with playing a game. And yes, I did read it in Marik's voice.

vaporeon7
April 10th, 2013, 01:47 AM
My avatar and sig pictures are too perfect, I can't change them.

Orianna
April 10th, 2013, 02:57 AM
My avatar and sig pictures are too perfect, I can't change them.

yes they are <3
I love your avie and siggy *o*

LilJz
April 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Sorry to be off-topic here, but the The Oh My GOD Challenge!! is a pretty cool looking challenge. Too bad the guy who made it as been absent since March 28th :(

Wilhelm
April 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Actually, you're more on topic than we are, lol. This thread was supposed to be for challenge discussion, we just use it for general discussion most of the time. lmfao XD

vaporeon7
April 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
At least it isn't as bad as the Nuzlocke used to be, the guy hadn't been here for ages, and with such a popular challenge.

Wilhelm
April 11th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Same happened to Monotype. That guy still hasn't come back as far as I know.

Sydian
April 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty lenient with this thread actually, haha. This is our DCC pretty much and it's where we get to know each other and become friends, so I don't mind it getting a little off-topic from time to time. :)

Anyway, March 28th isn't really long enough for it to warrant a new owner. I think I added something to either the rules or FAQ about changing thread ownership, so if you ever want to adopt that challenge as your own, just check that out and contact me and maybe something can be worked out. :) It's helped a lot of challenges really, like Time Warp, Monotype, and Solo.

LilJz
April 11th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Alright. Because I wanted to take a break from the Gym Leader challenge and do some other ones and that really caught my attention, although the owner won't even know that I'm doing the challenge *_*

I'll just finish my Pokemon Cycle challenge and then we'll see what will happen next :C

And it's awesome that the challenge thread have it's very own DCC :3

Wilhelm
April 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Well, you can play the challenge even though the owner is inactive. You just won't get added to the first post until he comes back. I was playing Monotype for months without the owner around before I finally decided to take over.

Xaldin
April 11th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Can't wait till this weekend! I'll be able to finish the Ones that got away challenge and continue with Time Warp!

vaporeon7
April 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Well this is the last day of school for this term, so I'll have two weeks of holidays at my disposal then.

Xaldin
April 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Well this is the last day of school for this term, so I'll have two weeks of holidays at my disposal then.

30 more days till I'm out of school in Mississippi,then its Senior Year ^^

Sydian
April 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I have finals next week myself. Then it's off to senior year of college. Senior year #1 anyway haha. And awww I didn't know you were so close LiteSandwich. :3 I'm in Alabama.

LilJz
April 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm all the way up top, Montreal :C

Wilhelm
April 11th, 2013, 05:01 PM
After this Sunday, I'll be free from work for 2 weeks, yay! Gonna do plenty of challenges and try to get all my other affairs on PC back up to speed.

Xaldin
April 11th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I have finals next week myself. Then it's off to senior year of college. Senior year #1 anyway haha. And awww I didn't know you were so close LiteSandwich. :3 I'm in Alabama.

Thats awesome! :D I'm hoping Senior Year of Hs will be great,since we get out sooner than everyone else,which gives me some time to think about what I want to do when i'm out of school.