PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21

myrrhman
April 11th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I have finals next week myself. Then it's off to senior year of college. Senior year #1 anyway haha. And awww I didn't know you were so close LiteSandwich. :3 I'm in Alabama.

Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee. I wonder if we can find a challenge regular from every state?

And back to being on/off topic (depending on how you look at it) OMG GUYS GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? THIS HAPPENED!!! (http://imgur.com/5b1PeMS) 3/25 (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/comments/16ov6b/personal_challenge_project_perfect_pokemon_p3/) (I think) done! Honestly don't know which I'm doing next. I SHOULD finish up Stadium/Stadium 2/Silver.... but Silver goes sooooo slow. I'm assuming I can get myself unstuck from Giovanni if I really tried.

Necrum
April 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
You can count Louisiana on that list. Although I'll be moving to Oregon in a couple of weeks so maybe that would be the state for me, lol.

Honeyman
April 11th, 2013, 07:53 PM
And back to being on/off topic (depending on how you look at it) OMG GUYS GUESS WHAT HAPPENED? THIS HAPPENED!!! (http://imgur.com/5b1PeMS) 3/25 (http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonchallenges/comments/16ov6b/personal_challenge_project_perfect_pokemon_p3/) (I think) done! Honestly don't know which I'm doing next. I SHOULD finish up Stadium/Stadium 2/Silver.... but Silver goes sooooo slow. I'm assuming I can get myself unstuck from Giovanni if I really tried.

I can not wait till you start Trozei. You are going to have a horrible, horrible time.

Jak
April 11th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Could have a challenge where you base things on certain aspects of your state. One slot could represent a famous sports team or any major group that comes from your state, one could represent an animal that is common or a staple of where you live, etc. That's just off the top of my head though. n__n

myrrhman
April 11th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I can not wait till you start Trozei. You are going to have a horrible, horrible time.

Don't know if I'm dreading Trozei or Pinball more. Gonna be rough but I'll get it done.

vaporeon7
April 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Could have a challenge where you base things on certain aspects of your state. One slot could represent a famous sports team or any major group that comes from your state, one could represent an animal that is common or a staple of where you live, etc. That's just off the top of my head though. n__n

Not a bad idea, I suppose I'd be using Pokémon like Honchkrow, Rotom, Kangaskhan, etc.

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'd have things like Sawsbuck, Ninetales, and Donphan. ...That's all I can think of to represent Alabama lmfao. But yeah, if someone wants to make that, I think it'd be fun. :) And we could think of more stuff for it in here and if anyone wants to make it, then...yay? XD

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 04:49 PM
What about Canada!? Don't forget your northern fellows D:

LiteSandwich
April 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
What about Canada!? Don't forget your northern fellows D:
From what I've gathered,Canada can be pretty cold,so some Ice types could work.

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Canada and other countries aren't forgotten; my instinct is just to say state lol.

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM
You should definitely make a challenge like that, Syd :)

It looks super fun and I would join in :D

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
OH MY GOD I COULD USE BRAVIARY BECAUSE I'M AN AMERICAN LIKE BANDIT KEITH. Also, I would make it, but I have plans to make a new TCG challenge after I finish my GL challenge. And that would be my 4th challenge I'm running. :x Sooo many. I have a monopoly building up, don't I? lol

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
You're just awesome at doing challenges :)

And a TCG challenge?! Woohoo, another challenge I would do! xD
How would it play? :)

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Another category for the location challenge (idk just calling it that for now?) could be a Pokemon to represent your general weather. Castform goes with Alabama. Cause the weather is just absolutely ridiculous and random here. :|

And yeah, TCG challenge will be super fun. :) There will be three different ways you can play. One involves using Pokemon from your most recent booster pack, the second is using Pokemon from a certain theme deck, and the last is using Pokemon from a certain set. So essentially, they're difficulty levels. I also want to incorporate Trainer cards somehow, but I can't write up something for all of them. So maybe the common ones at least. But yeah, that's what I've got so far. :) I need to finish my GL so I can start it. I can't wait! n__n And I do plan on doing another GL in the future as well. :)

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Hmm.. maybe the trainer cards would be like.. let's say you got a Ultra Ball card. You'll have to catch one of your Pokemon that you're going to have in the team with one Ultra Ball or something? :)

Would suck for someone who tries to booster pack challenge and gets all basic Pokemon who are all NFE Pokemon xD

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
That's similar to what I was thinking with the Trainer thing. Also, about NFEs, there will be an optional rule for the players as to whether or not they want to use the stage they get or the final evo. So yeah. n__n Cause I know some people don't wanna do that and some will want more of a challenge with it.

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Or maybe for those who got a bunch of cards, they can randomly take a card from their trunk and make team out of those Pokemon they randomly chose? :)

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I thought about that as well, but idk because you never know who's gonna grab their best cards. :( Not that I don't trust y'all, but there are the random people that join challenges and are bleh about it. That's why I included picking Pokemon that are in certain sets; lots and lots of variety. n__n I myself plan to play using cards from a theme deck. But I'm not gonna tell you the theme deck. ;3

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I would do the booster pack one. Random Pokemon are more fun! :D

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I'm so glad you're looking forward to it then! Gives me more incentive to hurry along with GL so I can make it. :) I'm not gonna play my games til after finals though, especially since I still have more work to do and the two finals I'm most worried about are on the same day S I G H :(

LilJz
April 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
So much works during finals @_@

When are you gonna be done with those? :)

Jak
April 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
afaik, my last final is on Thursday (but it's French so ayo easy a!), but idk the date of my theatre final. I missed the last class because I had to take something to my sister who didn't want to ask my mom to do it for a stupid reason and ugh thinking about it is making me mad. :| None of my group members will reply to me about the date and content of the theatre final, which I REALLY need a good grade in. There are only three tests in there, two of which I got a B and D on respectively. I need to ace the final. My GPA is crap.

More reasons to hate school sigh. :( I just hate that my most difficult ones are both on Monday and I work Sunday. And I have a buttload of work to do for one of those still. sigh

Rewy
April 13th, 2013, 02:58 AM
Another category for the location challenge (idk just calling it that for now?) could be a Pokemon to represent your general weather. Castform goes with Alabama. Cause the weather is just absolutely ridiculous and random here. :|

I just have to ask - is it as ridiculous as we've had here in Finland:

First week of April - All sunny and nice all the snow and icy roads are finally just about gone. Woop! +5C outside even
First Sunday - Snowstorm! T__T FML (As a side note friend of mine was planning to do some BBQ this day, he was getting trolled by nature itself.)
This last week - More snowing, occasional rain to make it even more slippery because it's still below zero during the nights.
Today - Pouring rain. What. It's almost raining sideways.

vaporeon7
April 13th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I have holidays for a bit now, so I might do some challenges. Dang it Syd, now I can't stop singing Brooklyn Rage.

WarriorCat
April 13th, 2013, 03:39 AM
I just have to ask - is it as ridiculous as we've had here in Finland:

First week of April - All sunny and nice all the snow and icy roads are finally just about gone. Woop! +5C outside even
First Sunday - Snowstorm! T__T FML (As a side note friend of mine was planning to do some BBQ this day, he was getting trolled by nature itself.)
This last week - More snowing, occasional rain to make it even more slippery because it's still below zero during the nights.
Today - Pouring rain. What. It's almost raining sideways.

I looked at the news, my city(Middletown, Ohio) was the same as everywhere else, very little changes each day, but at least in my neighborhood, it's like weather wants everyone to die of confusion, everybody refuses to leave their house now. All I can think of is wow, what the heck is wrong with you, nature.

These are by checking my temperature reader history(for the outside, obviously), I talked to ALL of my neighbors, they are the same.
April 1st-4th, ranged from 96°F (35°C) to 101°F (38°C)
April 5th-11th, ranged from 26°F (-3°C) to 30°F (-1°C)
Yesterday and Today, ranged from 106°F (41°C) to 108°F (42°C)

I wish it would stay at a good temperature of 70°F-80°F, but no, my neighborhood hates me, and everyone else in it. There was also no rain or snow, or anything, just extreme heat, and extreme cold, and the news still hasn't changed.

Also, about the "State" challenge, I would have, some kind of Bird Pokemon that is similar to a Red Cardinal. I live near a little forest with deer, so I suppose I could use Sawsbuck, there are also a lot of bats around, but they are friendly, so Swoobat(?). And I suppose I could do the TCG challenge, sound like fun. :)

Rewy
April 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Well in my friend's case it was like the Friday and Saturday had been all cozy and you could even walk outside without a jacket. (omg!) He was all excited for his plans with his family and had gone to buy a new ballgrill and some steaks. Then Sunday morning...

Our temperatures here for the past 2 months (Feb-March) have been -5C to -20C so that minimal +1 degree has been all "oh my god!" along with "What is that bright shining thing in the sky?". So when the snow had basically all melted away and you could see the asphalt and dirt roads and grass it's like the ultimate troll move from nature to dump a surprise 30cm snow back to it.

-
I'm a bit confused of the "state" challenge on what I'd even have.
I'd get like... Spearows, Pidgeys, Pidoves, a random Vulpix (foxes), a wild cat of some sort and Lopunny. And that's just the city wild life. No domesticated ones. Otherwise there'd be tons of dogs.

If it were on a national level I'd get a lion of some sort.
Finland's coat of arms is a lion.
Also Swanna would be a must have. Whooper Swan is a national bird for us.
I guess Vulpix would be a good addition from the earlier paragraph, since we have Midsummer bonfire's during the "nightless day" when the sun doesn't set at all.
As for sports teams... eh, we mainly have hockey teams that are the "sports events" that everyone knows and talks about. So from there... *trying to think* a stoat, a lynx, a shark - everything else is either just a "club", a weapon of some sort (double-bladed axes anyone) or a "league".
(We have teams here that are just called Jokers, Aces, Lynx, Stoats. You just add the city they're from in front of those. But then there's the down side of the rest being called HIFK, TPS, JYP and the sort...)

I mean sure there are a few wolves in the forests, some deer and even a random moose here and there. Then obviously reindeers and bears. That's about the entire Finnish wild life there by the way. Obviously not sharks, but we do have seals and trouts.
Also if I'd really want to get into it I'd stick a Kricketune there because of Apocalyptica.

Gulpin
April 13th, 2013, 07:04 AM
So from there... *trying to think* a stoat, a lynx, a shark - everything else is either just a "club", a weapon of some sort (double-bladed axes anyone) or a "league".
(We have teams here that are just called Jokers, Aces, Lynx, Stoats. You just add the city they're from in front of those. But then there's the down side of the rest being called HIFK, TPS, JYP and the sort...)

You could probably use something like Bisharp for the double bladed axe. It may not be strictly based on that but it does seem pretty sharp and possibly axe-like!

Also, I think it may be safe to say that many areas have wildly fluctuating weather. I live in Arkansas, and one day it's ninety degrees, the next it's snowing, and the next it's raining with a threat of tornadoes. So Castform may be a liable option for many teams. However, if you happen to live somewhere with stable weather, you could maybe choose a Pokemon that reflects that weather, for example Ninrtales if its always hot and sunny, or Politoed if it never stops raining.

Jak
April 13th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah Rewy, that sounds about right just with less snow (it doesn't snow here often so). First week of April, we had a hailstorm on a SUNNY day. :| And then a tornado. We had a week that got up into the high 70's then rained the rest of the week and was freezing. In spring. And yes, sideway rain. We've had that during band practice haha. And back in 2010, it was like 80 degrees at the beginning of the week and snowing by the end. We just ignore the seasons here. :(

LilJz
April 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
We had snow yesterday.. and the snow completely melted too :(

Oh and I dropped from my Pokemon Cycle challenge due to the lack of berries I have left to evolve my Feebas into a Milotic =/

Jak
April 13th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Aww that sucks! Could you not ask for something to replace the Milotic? I'm sure the OP would have understood since that left you with no way to get it. :(

LilJz
April 13th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Hmm, I could but my team are around level 40-ish now. And getting a new Pokemon would be so much of a hassle to level it up to be on par with the other Pokemon =/

I'll probably redo that challenge soon tho, I just didn't know a lot about Feebas on the Gen III games. Kind of a shame too, I finally got a Feebas in Gen III but never got a Milotic out of it :(

Luigi-San
April 13th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee. I wonder if we can find a challenge regular from every state?

I'm representing New York, then.

vaporeon7
April 14th, 2013, 01:22 AM
I can't help you with that then, since I'm Australian.

11wildy
April 14th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Hmm, I could but my team are around level 40-ish now. And getting a new Pokemon would be so much of a hassle to level it up to be on par with the other Pokemon =/

I'll probably redo that challenge soon tho, I just didn't know a lot about Feebas on the Gen III games. Kind of a shame too, I finally got a Feebas in Gen III but never got a Milotic out of it :(

Maybe you could keep the feebas as it is, although it will be very weak. It does get STAB Surf :D. And it gives you a nice challenge I guess xP

vaporeon7
April 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Maybe you could keep the feebas as it is, although it will be very weak. It does get STAB Surf :D. And it gives you a nice challenge I guess xP

Don't do that. Feebas has a base Sp Attack of 10. Well unless you like crying.

LiteSandwich
April 14th, 2013, 02:14 AM
We get lots of rain in Mississippi,so I might just be doing a Thunderstorm/Hurricane/Tornado team,consisting of Water,Flying,and some Electric types. speak of the devil,its raining right now!

LilJz
April 14th, 2013, 08:15 AM
The challenge is forcely telling me to get a Milotic :P

And Feebas is so weak, lmao. A tackle could make it go down to 50% of it's HP *_*

LiteSandwich
April 14th, 2013, 09:15 AM
The challenge is forcely telling me to get a Milotic :P

And Feebas is so weak, lmao. A tackle could make it go down to 50% of it's HP *_*

you should have seen the hack I was playing! A developer coded himself into the game as a trainer. Beat down all his pokes except one. It was a lv 95 Magikarp. up until now his pokes and mine were matched at lv 60-63. Little did I know,the dang thing had super powerful moves on it(such as Aeroblast and Hyper Beam) thankfully,it was a magikarp,otherwise,I would have never beat him.

BlueShellBeast
April 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I'm representing New York, then.
As for me, I'm from Michigan. Perhaps there could be every state represented with all of the challengers...

jdthebud
April 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
As for me, I'm from Michigan. Perhaps there could be every state represented with all of the challengers...
Washington! Let's see some more West Coasters!

Dark Marik
April 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I'll be in the Northwest next Friday! High five!

Jak
April 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Dammit Necrum, who's gonna represent NOLA now? :(

Dark Marik
April 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Pffffft, NOLA can represent NOLA fine, they don't need no representative, ya heard?

Jak
April 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Marik, that doesn't rhyme...

vaporeon7
April 15th, 2013, 09:05 AM
And now I'm addicted to the rap Stronger at the end of the ygotas movie. And pretty sure Body Slam is one of the best things since sliced bread.

GarlandDaHero
April 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I just thought of an idea for a challenge. It's kind of obscure, but eh.

Y'know what some common fears are, right? Ghosts, darkness, thunder and lightning, bugs, heights, etc. Well, how about a challenge with Pokemon of types that represent fears? Flying could represent the fear of heights, water could represent the fear of water, fire could represent the fear of fire, ghosts, well, ghosts, of course, dark, darkness, electric could be thunder and lightning, the list goes on.

But as a twist, why not ONLY be able to use Pokemon that back up why people are afraid of those phobias? For example, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Sharpedo, etc. for water.

Sound good?

LilJz
April 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
That could be interesting, I like it. How about people with different fear. Like let's say fear of height and darkness, we gotta choose one of them or combine them both together and use dark and flying Pokemon?

vaporeon7
April 15th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Grass could be Hastenburaphobia (fear of grass). xD

But that isn't a bad idea for a challenge really. I especially thing the second part makes a lot of sense.

GarlandDaHero
April 16th, 2013, 09:56 AM
That could be interesting, I like it. How about people with different fear. Like let's say fear of height and darkness, we gotta choose one of them or combine them both together and use dark and flying Pokemon?
Yeah, that sounds great!

And thanks, Vaporeon! Glad you approve of my idea! We need a name for it, though. But let's not make it TOO cliche.

Necrum
April 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm personally not crazy on this idea, but it would work as a challenge. It's a good idea, just not something I would probably play.

LilJz
April 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
As long as it's a challenge that people would be drawn to, it's okay to try and post, right? :)

And for the name? Maybe Challenge your fears? I don't know if it's nice. I just like the sound of it *_*

GarlandDaHero
April 16th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Challenge Your Fears sounds great! I'll post it tomorrow, unless, of course, someone else wants to post it for me. I'm fine either way. Just be sure to credit me for the idea if you do post it for me!

Necrum
April 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
How about "Conquer Your Fears"?

LilJz
April 16th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'll have to make another challenge thread? doihaveto? lol sorry, bad pun x(

Make it yourself, so like that you can include all the ideas you got :D

Honeyman
April 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I'll participate, when I could. I'm mostly scared of heights, so there will be a lot of flying Pokemon on my team.

rossi933
April 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I don't have a DS so can not do the ultimate challenges, does anyone know of an emulator that both works and runs at a good speed?

LilJz
April 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I don't use emulators myself anymore because I prefer playing Pokemon on the go, but VisualBoyAdvance is a great emulator.

rossi933
April 16th, 2013, 06:18 PM
No but I mean a DS emulator :P

vaporeon7
April 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM

Desmume is a DS emulator.

Necrum
April 16th, 2013, 10:16 PM
It's my birthday.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/103/740/c2c.png

-syd jumps into the post to power abuse because you were breaking the 4 word rule silly-

jdthebud
April 17th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Desmume is the best quality one although I use no$gba combined with no$zoomer because it's faster.

Aryan143
April 17th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Happy Birthday Necrum! Congrats on being 22

Orianna
April 17th, 2013, 03:22 AM

Desmume is a DS emulator.

Desmume is the best quality one although I use no$gba combined with no$zoomer because it's faster.

I use Desmume. You can configure it to work faster.
The only issue with No$GBA from what I've been told is that the project got abbandoned by its creator so it's kind of outdated.
Besides, there's a version of Desmume out there that enables wi-fi (that's what I'm using)

Oh and happy birthday, Necrum! ^-^

Pikapia
April 17th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Happy Birthday Necrum!!! We haven't spoken before, but that doesn't mean I can't say Happy Birthday! So, uh, Happy Birthday! :t250:

Necrum
April 17th, 2013, 06:07 AM
-syd jumps into the post to power abuse because you were breaking the 4 word rule silly-
Pfffffft, it's my birthday, who needs rules?

Thanks everyone! Syd made me a birthday thread if you want to check it out:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7628006#post7628006

Alpha King
April 17th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Yes happy birthday Necrum you challenge master you.

Necrum
April 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I have decided that doing a challenge based on Bioshock is just gonna wind up a repeat of Vault Hunter's challenge, and rather than do the same thing over again, I decided to do something I think will be more interesting. I honestly don't know how many people here are familiar with the surprise hit indie game, The Binding of Isaac, but I believe I can effectively translate elements of the game into a challenge that will be very unique, fun, and interesting. The Binding of Isaac is the game from which my current theme is from. But since my last challenge based on a video game wasn't entirely successful (although there has been some recent interest) I figured I would pitch the idea here first. Here's a video of some gameplay, so you can get an idea of what I'm working with.

WARNING: This game is kinda violent and contains some questionable religious content! If you are sensitive to such things do not watch this video!
Video courtesy of PewDiePie, the best YouTuber ever
Sr4LReuBfhw

Honeyman
April 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
For the Isaac challenge, how about you play the game, and the first six items you get, translates into the pokemon you use. Like a strength item lets you have a high attacking pokemon, an item that lets you walk over pits is a flying type, etc. If you die before six powerups, you can only use the amount of pokemon to items you have.

Necrum
April 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
The game isn't free, I can't ask people to buy it just to play the challenge (even though it's super cheap) no one would sign up. Anyway, I have a fair idea of how things are gonna be, I'm mostly scouting for interest at this point.

I more looking at translating some of the gameplay elements into ways to alter the experience of Pokemon rather than having it just be, "This item = this type of Pokemon". It will be complex but in a fun way as opposed to The Vault Hunter's challenge which was overly complicated in that it required some research in order to play.

11wildy
April 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I would love to play the fears challenge. There seems to be a slight problem with PC though, every time I try to load the website my laptop crashes for like 5 minutes. It hasn't happened with any other site yet. Any clues on how to fix?

Jak
April 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Try asking in cq&f. It's up in those first three forums. You'll attract more help asking in there than here.

Dark Marik
April 20th, 2013, 08:08 AM
What are you doing, Steve? I demand that you put your face back on this instant! Once a Steve, always a Steve...

myrrhman
April 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Oh YtAS, why you so funny.

Guys guys GUYS! I'm on a roll. Blue, TCG, Silver, Sapphire all done! Emerald done soon as I figure out this battle frontier thingie. But I've beaten it before, so can't be too terrible, right?

Necrum
April 20th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Very nice! Good luck to you, myrrhman!

jdthebud
April 20th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I've been watching, hearing him talk to himself is hilarious at times, hehe.

All kidding aside, Myrrhman, you've really done a nice job so far. Looking forward to next week, and seeing a complete run of Stadium 2. I mostly watch the recordings since you streams really early for me as I am on the west coast. 10am-noon EST every weekday for the most part, at http://www.twitch.tv/myrrhman23. The nice thing about TwitchTV is that if you miss a stream, the recordings are there!

Kinda wish I was able to watch the stream live more often, I could have helped you save some time in Silver. I have never played either of the Stadium games at all though. Maybe I should see if I can emulate it...

myrrhman
April 20th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I need people to talk to. If nobody is talking in the chat, I have to talk to myself. Don't make me resort to that :P

Not looking forward to doing ALL of Stadium 2 again... Especially Earl's academy. Its so boring.

I might be streaming on Thursday nights now, maybe I'd get more people streaming then lol. The problem is that I work 4 nights a week, party 1 night a week, and have trivia 1 night a week, so I'm only free to stream 1 night :( Oh well.

Necrum
April 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I might have been watching, but I was never sure where you were actually streaming until now. Seems like you never say whenever you bring up the topic of your challenge.

jdthebud
April 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, Myrrhman, you should make some kind of sig to promote the whole P3 thing.

Honeyman
April 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I'd watch the crap out of your stream... Once Trozei rolls around...

myrrhman
April 20th, 2013, 08:46 PM
As a wise Armsmaster once said... Bring it on.

vaporeon7
April 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM
I remember playing Trozei. Those were some dark days.

Huggermugger
April 21st, 2013, 08:28 AM
GUYSGUYSGUYS. School is donnnnnnee, which means more Huggs for everyone! I know you've missed me. I mean, how could you have not, I'm awesome : D That being said, I do have a girlfriend nowadays, so I might not be as active as I was, say, LAST summer, but I'm still gonna try to play a bunch :)

Also, it's like, been a year now since I've been around these parts. That's pretty crazy.

Necrum
April 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
GUYSGUYSGUYS. School is donnnnnnee, which means more Huggs for everyone! I know you've missed me. I mean, how could you have not, I'm awesome : D That being said, I do have a girlfriend nowadays, so I might not be as active as I was, say, LAST summer, but I'm still gonna try to play a bunch :)

Also, it's like, been a year now since I've been around these parts. That's pretty crazy.
Who are you again?

jkjk

Good to have you around more again, you're an awesome challenger!

Patrick Symus
April 21st, 2013, 03:58 PM
So, in an attempt to limit piracy, GameFreak came up with the idea to make it so that pokemon do not gain EXP in ROMs without a special patch. To create a twist to pokemon white, this challenge has you play a Pokemon White/Black ROM where you do not gain experience... If you are crazy enough then do this...
Add a Nuzlocke onto this challenge.

Necrum
April 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
No one is going to do that. That's suicide. Also, I've never heard of that. Does that really happen?

jdthebud
April 21st, 2013, 07:45 PM
No one is going to do that. That's suicide. Also, I've never heard of that. Does that really happen?
Yeah, working BW and BW2 roms are patched to allow EXP gain. There are unpatched roms available if you know where to look. It would be a major challenge though, since most of the Pokemon you find in Victory Road aren't very strong. The legendaries would give you a good shot, though, unless you are doing a Nuzlocke lol. As for Postgame, you could use Volcarona since it has Quiver Dance. Rare Candies could theroretically be used in certain situations too.

Not that I would want to do this though...the early gyms would be murder for the most part. Thank God for infinite TMs though.

SOSNH
April 21st, 2013, 09:24 PM
On the YouTube Channel "Marriland", he did a Wedlocke Challenge which I believe he created himself. It is like a spin-off of the Nuzlocke Challenge with a few additional rules. He has an instruction video about what the rules and optional rules are, and throughout his playthrough he explains any questions that needed to be answered, like what to do with eggs, breeding etc. I highly suggest this challenge. I, myself, have started doing one on my Soul Silver game and have a Cyndaquil, Pidgey, Spearow & Weedle. I haven't reached the first gym, but have trained for what seems like an eternity. VERY EMOTIONAL STUFF, MATE!!!!!

Rewy
April 22nd, 2013, 03:33 AM
We had a thread for Wedlocke starting when Marriland was about 5-7 episodes in his challenge, but it never really picked up the wind here. No one finished and the one who made the thread hasn't been online in awhile (I think). It's a good as a challenge idea, but it's hard to keep up if no one is actually playing and telling what is going on in the games. That's part of why I think the Nuzlockes stay alive.

I've watched all of the episodes around 6 times, since I like to have it on as the background noise while I play my own games. Same with his Emerald Nuzlocke. I find myself more focused in the games like so because otherwise I'll just end up pausing for dinner and then never remembering to continue.
I had a phase where I had left my DSLite on and just closed the lid. I had been playing Diamond, just regularly, at 2009. At some point during 2011 I was wondering why my DS was blinking the battery light even though it was on the charger so I opened it and was encountered with "what the hell?" because I was in mid-battle with someone at the Survival Area... yes, I used to leave my DS on the charger for ages.

vaporeon7
April 22nd, 2013, 03:35 AM
I don't think I could go through a game without exp. It would be way too hard.

Necrum
April 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
I think I'll put making a new challenge on hold for the moment. My ideas are not flowing quite the way I want them to. Better to let it come to me naturally than to force it. In the meantime, the Champion Challenge has gone a whole month without any posts, so I officially drop my Diamond run with Cynthia's Pokemon in favor of something less annoying. What that may be, I'm still not sure.

myrrhman
April 22nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Myrrhman, you should make some kind of sig to promote the whole P3 thing.
I might do that in a bit.
I'd watch the crap out of your stream... Once Trozei rolls around...
Just played it for the first time this afternoon. I feel like I got pretty far. I really don't think its going to be as hard as Pinball. At least this game has a lot of levels for you to play, to get like Mew in pinball you have to beat it one time straight through.

The Doctor
April 22nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hopefully I won't die on this Nuzlocke run, wish the thread was updated a bit more though.

vaporeon7
April 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
I must congratulate you on catching Mew in Pinball. I was neve able to do that.

Necrum
April 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Go update nuzlocke, vappy. Don't wanna fall too far behind. It's been almost a month, lol.

vaporeon7
April 22nd, 2013, 04:20 PM
Go update nuzlocke, vappy. Don't wanna fall too far behind. It's been almost a month, lol.

I was thinking about doing that actually.

Gyardosamped
April 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
I've never tried any challenges at all in my Pokémon career. I suppose I should because the games are fairly easy playing normally. Anyone recommend any good ones for a newbie? :P

Necrum
April 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
Monotype is a good starting place if you want something straight forward. Favorites and The Ones That Got Away are really laid back. Random is also along those lines, but you're more likely to wind up with a terrible team. Nuzlocke is good if you like crying.

vaporeon7
April 23rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Monotype is a good starting place if you want something straight forward. Favorites and the ones that got away are really laid back. Random is also along those lines, but you're more likely to wind up with a terrible team. Nuzlocke is good if you like crying.

I'll update heaps if you do a Nuzlocke baby <3

myrrhman
April 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
I must congratulate you on catching Mew in Pinball. I was neve able to do that.

I don't have Mew yet... I'm just sayin. You have to do it all at once, where as in Trozei you can break it up.

Edit: Just beat the storyline of Trozei. Just took 2 streams. Now to get all those hard to get Pokemon.

diamondmutt1111
April 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
UGH I FEEL SO BAD FOR TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE! Been busy and it's about to get worse...thanks finals!

Necrum
April 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
No reason to feel sorry, we're not going anywhere. ;)

Nathan
April 28th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Ok so a new old challenger arrived. I've been bored lately so I'm going to do some challenges now.

Necrum
April 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Welcome!

I think we should vote on the title of the CI&D thread next month, what do you guys think?

Griffinbane
April 28th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I think it's no longer your birthday.

Nathan
May 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks Necrum!
Wait, members can decide the title of this?

Jak
May 1st, 2013, 04:49 PM
I think I just changed the title regardless. lol And no, I just change the title whenever I feeeeeeeeel like ittttt.

Edit: Also, JNathan, welcome to the crazy world of challenges! Feel free to come onto the irc server, #swablunest. :) There's a link in the forum splash if you wanna join. Of course, the invitation is for anyone that comes across this post haha. The more the merrier!

Nathan
May 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the welcoming Sydian!

LilJz
May 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
So I'm almost done with my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, when I'm done with it, I'll be back to my challenges! :D

Jak
May 1st, 2013, 07:17 PM
You're welcome, ba! And yeah, I'm about to work on some GL challenge. I really don't wanna go to that cave, but hey, I have all my badges and I'm getting close to being done and being able to...start all over with another challenge. 8D

Necrum
May 1st, 2013, 09:39 PM
I have like no time for challenges right now. I have other parts of PC I need to get back to for this week, on top of settling into my new home, and then I'll be back on my usual rounds. Also, as a result, I probably won't be updating any threads. So everyone just be patient. I'll bring them up when I'm able.

myrrhman
May 5th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Welp, my challenge potential took another heavy hit yesterday as I bought a PS3. Don't see me doing any Pokemon for a while now :(

Jak
May 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
That's okay, Myrrh. I'm trying to play other non-Pokemon games as well, however I have no motivation for...really any of them apparently. ~_~

Also, I'm normally not a mushy person and it's difficult for me to express sentiments...but this is just a big thank you to all of you. You're all wonderful. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7650978&postcount=19

Rewy
May 6th, 2013, 09:45 AM
D'awww... ;_; That made me tear up a little. In the good way of course.

And on the subject of gaming - same here, Tera (on both EU and NA versions) has been pulling me off from pokemon games for awhile. Along with Path of Exile and few others. Although soon it'll be summer and too hot to keep the computer on all day.
(Believe me NA is tons better on the shop part and GMs - on EU you have to pay 39€ to get enough TT/EMP to buy extra character slots while on NA it's like... $10 = 8€ and you get two with that price *flipping everything when I noticed that* )

I've also been working 14 hours of studying math/physics/chemistry to try passing one entrance exam to a tech uni...
*hears self laughing at the pathetic attempt in the future*
And well trying to set up art commissions because... no one in the house currently is employed and no money means no paying bills and being evicted.

Life.

Nathan
May 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
You're a wonderful mod so thanks to you too Syd. Also you missed me, I'm crying ;_;. Challenges wouldn't be what it is without you.

Necrum
May 6th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Lalala, wonderful mod is wonderful, lalala....

vaporeon7
May 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Awww
All the <3 for you Syd.

LilJz
May 7th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks Syd :')
Probably the first time a mod actually thanked me on the site /tearsofjoy

Challenge forums are fun with you also, you make such amazing challenges that are always fun to play and you mod the challenge section so well. Unfortunately I haven't been doing much challenges lately because I'm stuck at Dialga on PMD and I wanna finish the game before doing any more challenges, but I can't wait to go back on completing the challenges :(

Even tho you manage this part of the forum all by yourself, you do an extremely well job doing it, yay for Syd!

Jak
May 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
You guys are all so great. :) It's people like you that help me not have to worry about people that write me dumbass letters in adv gen. lol Still mad I wasn't online to wreck that mess. :P

Anyway, I need to get my butt in gear and finish White 2 so I can make that TCG challenge. I have just not felt like playing anything lately. :( Which is weird, since during school, all I wanted to do was play Pokemon.

LilJz
May 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Don't worry about those kind of persons, they just keep talking trash on the internet.

And I completely forgot about that TCG challenge! I'm excited for it :D
Also, you don't feel like playing anything? That's including Pokemon games? :(

Jak
May 8th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah, I'm not bothered by him. I'm more upset that I wasn't around to be the one to close the thread if anything!

It includes all games. :( But I know I want to make that challenge and I will pop in my game right now to work on that. As soon as I finish GL on W2, I will make that challenge. :) I have 8 badges, just need to beat Plasma and E4 and I'll be done!

Nathan
May 9th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I know the feel of not wanting to play. When this happens, I'm always wandering around the house like a pained soul.
Now that I started a challenge, I'm motivated to restart for the 100th time Leaf Green and Ruby.
Edit : Why can't people just PM the mod in question and ask him/her what was the problem?

Jak
May 9th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I played and did the Plasma Frigate!! :) I will play some more tonight.

Edit : Why can't people just PM the mod in question and ask him/her what was the problem?

Because they think they're gonna be cutting edge by trying to embarrass that moderator or staff member, when really, they embarrass themselves. :)

btw, you should play Ruby. ;) Though both the games you wanna play are gen III so there really is no wrong choice there haha.

LilJz
May 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Because of the challenges, I always restart my games and they're still tons of fun! :)

Zorogami
May 9th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone!!
I was gone for a long time, but now im buck and hungry for some challenges!
I started the Monotype challenge yesterday and so fare it's a blast
Feels good to be back (:

Nathan
May 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone!!
I was gone for a long time, but now im buck and hungry for some challenges!
I started the Monotype challenge yesterday and so fare it's a blast
Feels good to be back (:

Welcome back to the land of Challenges ruled by the Queen of Hoenn. Good luck on your journey challenger!

Jak
May 10th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Welcome back, Zorogami! :) I saw you posting around and got excited like, "Hey that's one of my birds!" lmao. Not much has changed around here since you were last active I'm sure. :P

Welcome back to the land of Challenges ruled by the Queen of Hoenn. Good luck on your journey challenger!

You are too sweet! This post gave me the fuzzies, haha. :)

Necrum
May 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Welcome back!

Hey guys, the dust is starting to settle now with me getting settled into my new home, and getting my Trade Shop back up to full speed, so I'll be trying to get my Challenge threads updated. I just hope you guys didn't leave me TOO much work, lmao.

Jak
May 10th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I'm sure you have a buttload. ;) I need to check all my threads tbh, though normally when I do, it's just people updating so it's nothing to write home about. I think my Gender Discrimination challenge fell into oblivion though, haha.

Necrum
May 11th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Oops... Never got around to it yesterday, lmao.

Oh well. There's nothing going on today so I should be good to get it done.

Zorogami
May 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Welcome back, Zorogami! :) I saw you posting around and got excited like, "Hey that's one of my birds!" lmao. Not much has changed around here since you were last active I'm sure. :P

Thanks sooo much for all the welcomes!! :D
Haha yeah i'm definitely one of your birds, oh my majesty of Hoenn ;)
And although not much has changed, some challenges have been extended and some others revived, so im looking forward to trying out a bunch of new ones!

I'm doing my first Monotype challenge right now, which has been a lot of fun so far
And i even have 1 or 2 ideas for a new kind of challenge, let's see if i work out something good

Jak
May 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM
You'll have fun with your monotype. :) What type and game are you doing?

LilJz
May 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Syd! How's your Pokemon game going? You almost done or you already done, even? :)

diamondmutt1111
May 11th, 2013, 10:18 PM
No reason to feel sorry, we're not going anywhere. ;)

Yay! Btw I like your new profile picture, where did you find that? Too cool for words man.

vaporeon7
May 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
It's funny, with most of my monotypes, I choose types and games where a Pokémon on my team can learn Surf and Fly (aka the only HMs important to me).

jdthebud
May 13th, 2013, 08:58 AM
It's funny, with most of my monotypes, I choose types and games where a Pokémon on my team can learn Surf and Fly (aka the only HMs important to me).
Not that funny, I sometimes have had to choose different teams based on that (and not always the ideal one) just so I don't have to worry about using HM slaves just to get around as opposed to using them in certain spots (like with Strength and Rock Smash).

Although this is more pronounced for me now in my monocolors than many of my earlier monotypes because of the fact that I hardly ever used full teams then and am using as many as I can now, so there is hardly ever room for a Wingull or Psyduck.

Necrum
May 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Monotype is sweet, I hope you enjoy it Zorogami. I haven't been able to work on my challenges for a couple weeks due to me now being in an effective mood to get my trade shop going. But now I think I'll be able to start working on them again. I really want to get things moving in my SS Bug Mono. It's gonna be SO hard to beat, oh my god.

Jak
May 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Syd! How's your Pokemon game going? You almost done or you already done, even?

I just entered Victory Road last night. n__n Perhaps I can finish it some time today or tonight, and if not, tomorrow. idr what I was last doing on my random lmao. I'm thinking about dropping it cause I just don't have any motivation for it at all, and I'd really like to do The Ones That Got Away in either FireRed or SoulSilver.

I really need to play some other games soon too, but I'd like to finish White 2 and then focus on Okamiden for a bit maybe, or Kingdom Hearts.

Zorogami
May 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
You'll have fun with your monotype. :) What type and game are you doing?

Thanks a lot! I'm really loving it so far. I decided to do Electric on VoltWhite
Fitting right? ^^

Monotype is sweet, I hope you enjoy it Zorogami.
I'm having a ton of fun! I'll probably do another monotype after this one (:
Hope you get back to do challenges soon!!

Sooyun
May 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM
I just came up with a challenge if anyone wants to post it (I haven't decided yet if I'll participate).

Anime Character Type Challenge

This is a challenge in which your Pokémon will be given a personality – an anime personality (or archetype). You must build a team based on any of the following attributes.

Rules:
•No Mary Sues (aka Legends)
•You can’t have a team that’s full of one archetype or more than one of the same archetype in your team
•No Dues Ex Machina (aka no Action Replay or Gameshark)
•You can trade/Palpark/Time travel with yourself or each other for needed Pokémon if not available

See the spoiler for the Character Types.
Character Types

Tsundere
This Pokemon is like anime’s form of bipolar. They simultaneously help and harm their opponents and partners.
- Must have moves that can harm everyone on the field or harm them if they miss
- must have moves that can Help an ally or the entire team
- Must have moves that boost stats/attacks multiple times while sacrificing another stat, HP, causing confusion, etc.

Yandere
This character loves… maybe even obsesses about their opponent of the opposite gender. If they can’t have them, no body can.
- Must have Attract and must use it on any Pokemon of the opposite gender
- Once a pokemon is attracted, your pokemon must fight to the death without switching – preferably with anything that uses claws, blades, or other sharp, pointy objects

KUUDERE
This pokemon is so indifferent that it rarely participates in battle and when they do, they put very little effort in unless the going gets tough.
- Must be a pokemon of low speed or has truant
- Must be the last Pokemon Listed and the last to be used in any situation

DEREDERE
This Pokemon is shy, quiet, and cares for its trainer and team mates. They don’t show this side of them often, because they’re so shy of battling and making mistakes.
- Must have mainly support moves and must use them often
- Must have moves that benefit the user and hurts the opponent at the same time

BISHIE/IDOL
This Pokemon is pretty to look at. So Pretty that everything they do is pretty, down to their attacks. They’re quite popular with their team mates.
- Must be an Aesthetically pretty/cute/cool pokemon
- Must use the flashiest moves they have at all times (even if not the most powerful, or counterproductive to a situation)
- Must participate and win in contests, musicals, movies, tournaments, etc.

CHIBI
They’re Cute, they’re tiny, And they’re CHIBI!
- Must not exceed 2 feet in height

GENKI
This Pokemon’s blood is made of caffeine and sugar.
- Must have the highest speed on the team
- Must use moves that boost evasiveness and agility
- Must have moves/items that allow them to go first

LOLI/SHOTA
Putting aside the… connotations of these character types, these are really young and adorable pokemon
- Must be baby pokemon or must remain exclusively in their unevolved form

MAHOU
A Pokemon who learned more than how to pull a Buneary out of your hat.
- Must use special moves exclusively and moves that confuse the opponent
- Must learn a special move (or 2) that is not their type

MIKO
These Pokemon deal with demons, Pokemon that have passed on, and other things that go bump in the night.
- Must be Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type

NEKO/IKU/KITSUNE
Man’s best friend and mysterious frienemies
- Must be based on a cat, dog, or fox

NINJA/KUNOICHI
Nunchukus, shuriken, or just plain using their fists, these Pokemon like to fight and may use some dirty tricks
- Must use poison or other status moves that hinder the opponent
- Must be poison, dark type, or fighting

OJOU/WAKA
These are the pampered, primped Pokemon who have experienced the finer things in life: custom designed Pokeball, the most expensive Pokefood, the best medical care, and the best poffins/pokeblocks Yen can buy.
- Always give them the best medicine you have if a Pokemon Center can’t be reached quickly
- Keep them up to date on the best STAB moves
- Never let them be seen without their healing berry/item
- A team with an OJOU (female) or WAKA (male) must have a MAID (for the waka) or ****SUJI (for the Ojou)
- May only be used in battle after their ****suji/maid has fainted

****SUJI/MAID
These Pokemon take burns, freezes, electrocutions, bullets, stabbings and who knows what else for their trainer and their OJOU/WAKA. They have little regard to their safety until they know their ojou and trainer are safe.
- Must always double/triple battle with the OJOU/WAKA
- Must not be healed until they are in the red

LilJz
May 13th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Well I just finished my PMD game! Back to challenges it is! I missed you all! ♥

Necrum
May 14th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I was watching the new Pokemon XY trailer just now, and had a thought. What if, since now everything is a 3D model, we can't turn off battle animations? It would really suck for us challengers! It's like the number one way to speed up a challenge!

LilJz
May 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I don't mind having the battle animations, I love them. Even when I'm doing the challenges :)

Only time I would turn it off is when I'm doing a timed challenge.

jdthebud
May 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I was watching the new Pokemon XY trailer just now, and had a thought. What if, since now everything is a 3D model, we can't turn off battle animations? It would really suck for us challengers! It's like the number one way to speed up a challenge!
I actually don't do that, but did the console games let you turn off animations? Seems like a similar thing.

Jak
May 14th, 2013, 09:56 AM
The only time I ever turned off battle animation in a challenge was for the speed run GT event in 2011 and when I was playing Black and didn't get a team member till like...Route 4 and wanted to hurry up and get there so the challenge could really begin.

Necrum
May 14th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I usually leave them off until a boss fight, like a Gym Leader or the E4. But for regular trainer battles, and especially when Grinding I turn animations off.

Zorogami
May 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I've always had them on because i just like to see the attack, especially in the newer Gens.
Being in 3D, i'll definitely leave them on playing X/Y :D

jdthebud
May 15th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Saw this shirt on woot.com today (5/16). Daily deal, so get it before 10pm PST.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/pikaaachooo

Zorogami
May 15th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Saw this shirt on woot.com today (5/16). Daily deal, so get it before 10pm PST.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/pikaaachooo

That IS an awesome shirt!! Thinking of getting it :D

diamondmutt1111
May 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I would hope they would keep the option for turning the animations off for those who do that, I personally don't turn off animations because they interest me too much (for some reason). However, I still think having that option open, especially now that the battles look like they will take longer, would be a good idea.

Jak
May 19th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I hope they keep it. idk it'd seem like a step backwards to take them away. That in mind, I hope the L = A feature comes back. It's nice when you're multitasking and you can just kind of play your game with one hand. Can't do that with BW(2) cause they took that feature away. Sending gift Pokemon to your PC when your party is full needs to come back too. That was a feature in Gen I of all things. And it never saw a return. Silly.

btw, love your sigs Zorogami and Diamond. :)

mamoswineftw
May 19th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Hey guys,

I haven't been on for way too long! Final year uni and work have kept me busy for the last few months.

I was, as most people end up doing, browsing through random youtube videos when I was procrastinating. In doing that, I came across this:
http://youtu.be/NfvFahY8sSY

For those who don't feel like watching, it's a simultaneous playthrough by 4 guys, who are planning on working their way through all the games.

The painful (to me) part about this is that these guys don't have much of an idea of the games, at least compared to most of us on the forums. Hence I had the idea that we could do our own version!

Of course this is going to take a lot of organisation. What's more, we are all in different parts of the world (at least I am, I'm in Australia). So we need to find a time when 4 (good number I think, but I'm open to suggestions) can dedicate an hour or so block to play in. Also, only being able to play a (relatively) short amount of time each block will mean that we are in for a LONG time to complete the game.

Anyway, we can get to particulars later. What I want to know, would there be an interest in doing this? Perhaps combining it with a challenge to make it more interesting?

I'm keen.

EDIT: Also found thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFG8rzNPRc

EDIT2: and another! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaL8Ifc2Y0

Necrum
May 20th, 2013, 08:03 AM
It sounds cool, but I don't think I could dedicate the time necessary to do it.

Huggermugger
May 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM
I would tentatively be down to do this, but there are a lot of big Ifs for me:

-Right now i have a new ac adapter coming for my computer, so hopefully that makes it work again
-My laptop might not be powerful enough to record and play at the same time, we'd have to see
-I don't have a decent mic
-I'm not very interesting
-More than just me would have to be interested in it for me to want to.

Jak
May 23rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't be able to do it either, I'm afraid. :( I'm crazy lazy and just don't have that kind of time.

Griffinbane
May 25th, 2013, 05:56 PM
If I start another challenge before finishing half of the ones I already have off, shoot me. Please.

Necrum
May 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM
*Shoots Griffinbane* There, ya happy?

Orianna
May 26th, 2013, 05:33 AM
>u< I really need to finish challenges x.x I am doing way too many atm >.<

mamoswineftw
May 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Ok, I had an idea that could make this more viable - we play PokeMMO.

This way only 1 person would actually have to record, and we would effectively all be playing on the same game! Like a proper co-op sort of thing. Should still be able to play through a challenge of some sort ie. Nuzlocke, monotype etc. Thoughts?

Orianna
May 26th, 2013, 06:40 AM
That's only a great idea if you're the patient kind. I never had the patience to go through PokeMMO >.< it's slow and laggy at points and yeah >.>
Truth be told, I like to play my pokemon games alone. So sure, the people at PokeMMO worked hard & whatnot, but I think a proper Pokemon MMORPG would be different than just running through a game like FireRed/LG, the only difference being that there's other people around you.

Griffinbane
May 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I said START Necrum, gosh!
/cleanswounds

Lilith
May 28th, 2013, 11:57 AM
@mamoswineftw: Your youtube links were very cool, and I'd probably have enough free time to do something like that, but I have no idea how to get 4 people recording like that at once... Anywho, I'd love to play PokeMMO with someone through a challenge! Now that's easy and classic. :D I have an account or two, and if things are the same since I've played, I should be able to do up to 3 new games.

Necrum
May 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Oh no, an Smod in challenges! Hide, everyone!

Jak
May 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Blade is the shiny Swablu flying into the sun.

Griffinbane
May 29th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Blade had better watch out for they shiny hunters. >:3

jespoke
June 3rd, 2013, 06:45 AM
Hi fellow Swablus, long time no see :3c

My brothers have been playing pokemon the last few days, and i got a hold of a White 2 i can restart, so i decided to finally get through the last round of my Bug UMC at least. :)

I think I will keep a bookmark for the challenge forum this time around, so even if i don't feel like doing a challenge right then, i won't just drop off the face of the forum for half a year again ;-;

Edit: As for the topic on this page: I'd be down for some PokeMMO with some of you guys. It will be a pain in the butt to coordinate a working timing for an Australian, an European and an American though {D:}
I have semi-summerbreak already though, so if its planned beforehand i can maybe work something out.

Necrum
June 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM
This thread needs a new title, Syd, May is over. :P

Griffinbane
June 12th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Anyone besides me having trouble continuing their challenges now that school's over? I did most of mine on the bus. So now I'm pretty much down to 2 hours a week for challenges compared to 12 hours a week during the semester. Need to get motivated but the motivation is lacking. :/

Necrum
June 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hey guys! The Ultimate Monotype Challenge thread is officially one year old! I'm doing a special promotion for it so go check it out (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7698575&postcount=1860)!

diamondmutt1111
June 13th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Anyone besides me having trouble continuing their challenges now that school's over? I did most of mine on the bus. So now I'm pretty much down to 2 hours a week for challenges compared to 12 hours a week during the semester. Need to get motivated but the motivation is lacking. :/

I have that problem in general, lol. This summer I have been pretty motivated though, enough to finish White 2. (yes shocking isn't it? It's not that I am just busy, I am also lazy) I would suggest trying to power through a challenge you are close to finishing. Or take a break. Just remember where you stopped :)

Jak
June 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I took a break during school to focus on my finals and omg it took me forever to get back into the groove of playing after that. I'm fine now though. I'm making pretty good progress on both my challenges! I'm trying to finish up though so I can give Unova a rest and give gen III some love. Gonna rekindle my love for FRLG hopefully. But still haven't decided what I want to do with it. idk if I wanna do a challenge or a regular playthrough or what.

Necrum
June 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Do a Community run! :D

lol, I think any sort of laid back challenge is gonna be your best bet for getting into FRLG again.

Jak
June 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
But I'm afraid people won't give me pretty Pokemon I like. ;;

Necrum
June 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Just ask for pretty pokemon. :3

LilJz
June 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hello guys, been a while :)
Been hella busy with work and all *_*
I'm back into Pokemon now, but I'm not motivated about finishing my Gym Leader challenge :(
I want to finish it tho.. just gotta push myself to finish it >.<

Nathan
June 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Exams are over tomorrow so even moar challenges. Btw Syd, you're making an event for the GT?

Jak
June 20th, 2013, 01:42 PM
No. There will not be a challenge event for GT this year. I'm hosting two events along with Curious. though, which you guys should definitely enter! And please please please no one try to convince me to make a challenge event or for you to host one. I have my reasons for not having one, and not only that, there's a little something extra in the event I have planned for August. So believe me, you guys are not being skimped out on in the event department. :)

Orianna
June 22nd, 2013, 04:19 AM
Yay! The Eeveelutions Challenge seems to be gaining more sign-ups *-* I hope it's not the effect of the stuff going on in the TC irc <.< >.>

But yeah ^^ hopefully the other challenges gain more sign ups soon as well *-*

ShinyNuzLover
June 22nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
You could do a challenge where you could only use Pokemon in the next gym that are weak against it so then you need to use strategy and not type advantages. ex. Arcanine used against Clay, Sewaddle for Roxie. Does this seem to hard? Would you guys try it? I wanna know cause I might try it and I don't want to be the only one. Give me your opinions on this cause I want to know what you guys think of it.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 22nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
I had an idea for a challenge, but I'm not sure if it's different enough from nuzlocke? Also opinions are always good! :D (spoilering cuz kinda big)

The Type-locke Challenge (not really sure what to name it but this'll do!)

Like a nuzlocke, in this challenge if a pokemon faints it is considered dead, and must be released or permanently boxed.

Unlike a nuzlocke however, in this challenge you are limited to only 15 pokemon in Gen I, 17 pokemon in Gens II-V, and 18 pokemon in gen VI.

For in this challenge, the player (you) can only capture one pokemon for each type. As soon as you encounter a pokemon of one type, this pokemon fills the "slot" in your type-chart, and no other pokemon of the same type can be caught. If the pokemon flees or faints, it still fills the "slot" (like in this chart (http://imageshack.us/a/img177/7154/1270860027225.png) for example)

Ex: you pick oshawott, no more water types. You encounter lillipup first on route 1 and K.O., no more normal types can be caught

Where things get a little more interesting is with dual-types. There are two ways to play. 1) A pokemon's primary type is the only typing it can be used for, (so starly counts only as normal type) 2) a dual type pokemon can count for either of it's types, however:

Ex: Encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, put it down for bug type, (say you want petilil for grass) and then encounter venipede, venipede must count for poison, not as a "repeat bug"

OR 3) a dual type fills up both slots. Just be aware that almost all flying types have their second type as flying if using rule 1!

You can also choose to play with or without dupes clause so in the same example:

Ex (dupes allowed): encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, mark it down as bug. Encounter another sewaddle, must be marked down as grass

*no replacements (if that wasn't obvious)
As for HMs, here's a fun addition I thought of (but may just end up being confusing haha) if you need an hm slave, you can catch an additional one, but if used in battle it either a) replaces the pokemon on your team that is of the same type, or b) replaces your highest leveled pokemon (with that pokemon/type being now discontinued as if it had fainted) *if the hm slave is used as a meat shield same rule applies, and hm slave faints, rules above still apply

Also,pokemon that change type upon evolving count for that type or dual type. So eevee counts for electric if evolving into jolteon (aka you can get eevee although you have rattata) Also, pokemon that change types with formes onyl count for the type they have in common (meloetta is only for psychic, and shaymin is only for grass) Castform is always normal.

*Form change does NOT apply to wormadam

Optional Rules: *No Items (or no items in battle)
*Dupes Clause (for dual types)
*Limited Pokemon Center Heals (1 in normal towns, 1 before gym and one after gym in gym towns)
*No repels (recommended)
*Starter can be ditched/wont count for type
*Dual types count for BOTH types
*Anything else you can think of!

bduddy
June 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
So here's something that I think would work well as a challenge, or as an extra stipulation for another challenge: No using Pokemon Centers, or depositing then withdrawing Pokemon from PCs (which, of course, heals them). Actually, there could be 3 different levels of difficulty:

Level 1: No depositing Pokemon into PCs (they could still be released, though, or if you really don't want to do that, depositing them into off-limits boxes). You could still catch new Pokemon and withdraw them, fully healed, from the PC.

Level 2: No withdrawing Pokemon from the PC. You could deposit a Pokemon into the PC and catch a new one, but it would be at the same health as when you caught it, and you would immediately need to use some precious healing items.

Level 3: No using the PC at all. Once you have 6 Pokemon, you're stuck with them.

This could be a very good challenge on its own, forcing lots of inventory and risk management, or it could even be added to other challenges to provide additional challenge. Whiting out could either mean you lose the challenge (as you're then forced to use the Pokemon Center), or just take some important money. Any thoughts? I'd be shocked if this hasn't been suggested already, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Major Ziggs
June 23rd, 2013, 06:49 AM
I had an idea for a challenge, but I'm not sure if it's different enough from nuzlocke? Also opinions are always good! :D (spoilering cuz kinda big)

Like a nuzlocke, in this challenge if a pokemon faints it is considered dead, and must be released or permanently boxed.

Unlike a nuzlocke however, in this challenge you are limited to only 15 pokemon in Gen I, 17 pokemon in Gens II-V, and 18 pokemon in gen VI.

For in this challenge, the player (you) can only capture one pokemon for each type. As soon as you encounter a pokemon of one type, this pokemon fills the "slot" in your type-chart, and no other pokemon of the same type can be caught. If the pokemon flees or faints, it still fills the "slot" (like in this chart (http://imageshack.us/a/img177/7154/1270860027225.png) for example)

Ex: you pick oshawott, no more water types. You encounter lillipup first on route 1 and K.O., no more normal types can be caught

Where things get a little more interesting is with dual-types. There are two ways to play. 1) A pokemon's primary type is the only typing it can be used for, (so starly counts only as normal type) 2) a dual type pokemon can count for either of it's types, however:

Ex: Encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, put it down for bug type, (say you want petilil for grass) and then encounter venipede, venipede must count for poison, not as a "repeat bug"

OR 3) a dual type fills up both slots. Just be aware that almost all flying types have their second type as flying if using rule 1!

You can also choose to play with or without dupes clause so in the same example:

Ex (dupes allowed): encounter sewaddle in pinwheel, mark it down as bug. Encounter another sewaddle, must be marked down as grass

As for HMs, here's a fun addition I thought of (but may just end up being confusing haha) if you need an hm slave, you can catch an additional one, but if used in battle it either a) replaces the pokemon on your team that is of the same type, or b) replaces your highest leveled pokemon (with that pokemon/type being now discontinued as if it had fainted) *if the hm slave is used as a meat shield same rule applies, and hm slave faints, rules above still apply

Also,pokemon that change type upon evolving count for that type or dual type. So eevee counts for electric if evolving into jolteon (aka you can get eevee although you have rattata) Also, pokemon that change types with formes onyl count for the type they have in common (meloetta is only for psychic, and shaymin is only for grass) Castform is always normal.

*Limited Pokemon Center Heals (1 in normal towns, 1 before gym and one after gym in gym towns)
*No repels (recommended)

Your idea is very interesting, to say the least! It sounds like an incredibly difficult challenge and it seems like it could quite often end up in a very repetitive game Pokémon-wise? Say you're going through the first routes in Sinnoh with Chimchar (Fire) then you're bound to run into a Bidoof (Normal), Starly (Flying), Kricketot (Bug), Shinx (Electric), Budew (Grass or Poison), Geodude (Rock), Zubat (Poison), Buizel (Water), etc... Basically what I'm trying to get at is that these Pokémon are all incredibly common and come up a ridiculously frequent amount so you'll 90% of the time end up with the same team - perhaps it'd be better to use a method like "first Pokémon you encounter of the type, but you can choose to count others after the first in a new area"? I'm not sure how to solve it, but that's a flaw I'm seeing. Aside from that, the idea seems very interesting and I'd love to try it out. :D

jespoke
June 24th, 2013, 07:56 AM

*No repels (recommended)

Look up the "Elimination Challenge" from 2 years ago. It was practically this, besides that you didn't necessarily have to catch the 1st of each type you encounter (Though it could be a cool optional rule)

If i remember correctly i tore yellow apart with a Dodrio XD
I'd replay it in a different region if someone makes a new thread for it :)

Jak
June 24th, 2013, 08:44 AM
It's funny that Mr. Cake posts in this thread because he plays a major role in the August event! ;)

Rewy
June 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I have fallen off the earth for awhile (some weeks? ) it seems. I was setting up a freshly installed OS and chrome and all and wondered why am I missing a few tabs.
It only now occurred to me lol

So hello again o/
I'll get to writing a finished game play update for my W2 Favorites challenge. I finished it last night, since I was too fed up with doing anything on the internet and I really wanted to continue wondering why did I buy Dream Radar now.

LilJz
June 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I'll be done with the challenges for a while because I want to train my WiFi team in Pokemon White. I'll be back for some more challenges after a while. I finished my Gym Leader challenge and I'll post the update when I wake up later on :-)

It's 1am right now :-P

Jak
June 29th, 2013, 09:16 PM
YO I hurried up and finished one of my challenges to get on with TCG cause you were really interested and you still haven't signed up! It better be first on your list when you get back in the groove!

Speaking of groove, I'm replaying Gender Discrimination, but as a male in Sapphire with a Team Magma theme. But I bought Animal Crossing a week ago and it's stealing the spotlight. :3

11wildy
June 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Hey! I am planning to do a Pokemon Crystal run without pokecenter NOR pokemarket. And it would be nice to have some help of my friends :)

My starter. It has to be either Cyndaquil or Totodile, as Chikorita kind of fails at the start of the game. Totodile has troubles with the Sprout tower and Jasmine's Magnemites. Cyndaquil struggles at Chuck's Poliwrath and against Claire. Totodile also has a wider movepool and more available offensive moves, so effectively more PP.
Is it possible to skip the Sprout tower? Because if I can skip it Totodile is obviously better.

Also, as it is kind of difficult to catch and train other Pokemon, what should I catch using the master ball?

Any advice is welcome :)

jespoke
June 30th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hey! I am planning to do a Pokemon Crystal run without pokecenter NOR pokemarket. And it would be nice to have some help of my friends :)

My starter. It has to be either Cyndaquil or Totodile, as Chikorita kind of fails at the start of the game. Totodile has troubles with the Sprout tower and Jasmine's Magnemites. Cyndaquil struggles at Chuck's Poliwrath and against Claire. Totodile also has a wider movepool and more available offensive moves, so effectively more PP.
Is it possible to skip the Sprout tower? Because if I can skip it Totodile is obviously better.

Also, as it is kind of difficult to catch and train other Pokemon, what should I catch using the master ball?

Any advice is welcome :)

Looks like an interesting, but really difficult challenge. Have the notes i came up with while/after reading this.

- Sprout Tower is optional unless you play HG/SS if memory serves
- The Move Deleter and HMs can get you free infinite pp restocks on several good moves for Feraligatr from you reach Blackthorn
- The Spearow from the guard guy is a free Fly slave
- It is up to you to decide whether the Game Corner counts as a shop. If it doesn't, after the E4 you can use all your money to buy yourself some good moves/pp refills for them from the move tutor on Wednesday or Saturday (Don't go for the big ones, they are more expensive with less pp)
- Get the Exp Share as soon as possible if you intend to add any team members past the 3rd gym. switch training and straight training cost a lot of hp.
- Mr Pokemon heals you upon reaching his house. Use that to get some training in at the start.
-- Lance does the same thing when you get deeper into the Rocket Hideout. Keep it in mind so you can go blow your remaining hp/pp on other things before you go there

Emerald_Fire
June 30th, 2013, 06:06 PM
I have an idea (Sorry if it's bad, I am new at this):

The Terry Challenge! Based off of the Vietnamese Crystal Let's Play (For quick access, since I doubt it was from here, go to the LP Archive and type "Pokemon" in the search), where a boy named Terry in a dystopian land of 5-character names and butchered english, and his trusty Cyndaquil, go and do normal Pokemon stuff, but with more frequent explosions. The rules are simple, really:

-You must use your starter for the whole game. Starters don't explode, or at least as far as I can recall.
-At least three members of your team must be able to use an explosive move. The moves don't have to be the two self-sacrificers, but they must be able to learn them.
-The exploding Pokemon must have an explosive move by the fourth gym, or at least one of them.
-HM Slaves are permitted, but are not supposed to be used in battle unless in a pinch.
-Revives and Max Revives are your friends! Stock up on them (This is the only place you are allowed to hack, unless explosive Pokemon are rare where you are; you WILL need these! But don't go overboard with the Revive hacking.)
-Since you WILL encounter Pokemon that are immune to the explosive moves, try to have at least one Pokemon in your main four who can use Dark-type moves (Brute force the Ghosts if you are in Gen I).
-If explosive Pokemon are rare or uncommon in your region, you are allowed to hack in ONE. Look hard for the others. If there are no others, consult me. Unova is especially tough on this regard; I don't know of many Unovian Pokemon that explode.
-You certainly must name your Pokemon. Five-character names are supported but not enforced.
-ROM Hacks are allowed, especially if the region they take place in normally has few explosive Pokemon.
-Team layout should go: Starter, Three explosive Pokemon, Two HM Slaves.

Some Tips:
-Try getting a Bibarrel if you are in Sinnoh. They make amazing HM slaves!
-The Vs. Finder can get you more money for revives; just pummel the trainers with your Starter to spare the explosives.
-If you can't find any explosive Pokemon, try using Rock Smash. I hear Geodude are mistaken for rocks.

I'd love to do this myself, but I haven't found any good emulators for a macbook, so until I get a gaming laptop (Late July maybe), I can't do this.

Jak
June 30th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure how popular that would be, honestly. A lot of people would have the same team because of the Explosion thing. I mean, I'd approve it, but popularity wise, idk if you'd get many sign ups. :(

LilJz
June 30th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Don't worry Syd! The TCG challenge will be the first challenge I'll be doing when I'm back with the challenges :-D

11wildy
July 1st, 2013, 03:29 AM
Looks like an interesting, but really difficult challenge. Have the notes i came up with while/after reading this.

- Sprout Tower is optional unless you play HG/SS if memory serves
- The Move Deleter and HMs can get you free infinite pp restocks on several good moves for Feraligatr from you reach Blackthorn
- The Spearow from the guard guy is a free Fly slave
- It is up to you to decide whether the Game Corner counts as a shop. If it doesn't, after the E4 you can use all your money to buy yourself some good moves/pp refills for them from the move tutor on Wednesday or Saturday (Don't go for the big ones, they are more expensive with less pp)
- Get the Exp Share as soon as possible if you intend to add any team members past the 3rd gym. switch training and straight training cost a lot of hp.
- Mr Pokemon heals you upon reaching his house. Use that to get some training in at the start.
-- Lance does the same thing when you get deeper into the Rocket Hideout. Keep it in mind so you can go blow your remaining hp/pp on other things before you go there

I know it is difficult, but I do like a challenge! Thanks for the help!

Sprout tower being optional means Totodile is definitely the best starter, as it has the least problems with gym leaders. Also, it can abuse Waterfall and Surf with the move deleter, while Cyndaquil gets just Strenght and Cut. I will not use the Game Corner, I would consider it a market, and I didn't use it in my Leafgreen run either. The free Fly slave is nice, didn't think of that yet. I don't intend to add many Pokemon to the team, as I will need to skip a lot of trainers to preserve HP and PP, so I am running low on exp already. The free heals are very nice, as it gives a small opportunity to train a little bit.

Now I just need an idea how to beat Jasmine's Magnemites and Lt. Surge. (I suppose I want to go on to Red, if that's possible.)

Again, thanks for your notes!

Edit: Some more problems popped up in my mind.
(Bugsy beaten, nvm)
Second, team slots. As I can't use the Pokecenter, I do not have access to a PC, thus I must use the 6 slots I have wisely. Obviously my starter Totodile, but I also NEED to pick up the Togepi egg, will need some slaves too. And lastly, I can use the Master Ball to catch ANYTHING, so I will probably catch a legendary with it, as they need the least training to match my current level. Which one should I catch? So yeah, I mighht just NOT pick up the Spearow, since Fly isn't required to beat the game.

jespoke
July 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Now I just need an idea how to beat Jasmine's Magnemites and Lt. Surge. (I suppose I want to go on to Red, if that's possible.)

There are the TMs for Dig and Earthquake you can find before those gyms. That would leave you vulnerable to Red though. Unless you catch a pokemon that can deal with them, I think you might better off beating Pryce and Chuck first and then Surfing the Magnemites to death or something

11wildy
July 1st, 2013, 05:56 AM
There are the TMs for Dig and Earthquake you can find before those gyms. That would leave you vulnerable to Red though. Unless you catch a pokemon that can deal with them, I think you might better off beating Pryce and Chuck first and then Surfing the Magnemites to death or something

I already have the Dig TM, thought Feraligatr couldn't learn it for some reason. Now the gym shouldn't be too difficult, but I'd like to save Earthquake for red, if I can.

EDIT: Just beat the Pokemon League!
stats:
Feraligatr lvl 58
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Dig
-Icy Wind

All max PP and full HP, since you apparently get healed after the League :D. Now taking a break, will go to Kanto later, which will be much, much more difficult.

I also need some kind of rules regarding move deleter abuse. I've now used it once, but I don't want to travel back every time just to refresh PP, as that kind of defeats the challenge. Anything good for that ?

bigtukker
July 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
How about a region challenge? Where you can only use Pokémon introduced in that generation (or their (pre-)evolutions). Obviously Kanto won't work, unless you're doing an Ultimate Run.

Jak
July 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM
How about a region challenge? Where you can only use Pokémon introduced in that generation (or their (pre-)evolutions). Obviously Kanto won't work, unless you're doing an Ultimate Run.

BW wouldn't work either. tbh, that's too similar to a normal run, cause a lot of people use Pokemon introduced in that region when playing normally. Something like using Pokemon not introduced in that region would work though, I think. So say I went through Hoenn with only gen II Pokemon...I could end up with Crobat, Donphan, Lanturn, Magcargo, Skarmory, and Bellossom. ...Not a bad team actually...now I kind want this WHOOPS haha.

But yeah, that would shorten the options so you'd have to think about your team. You could also have an optional rule that doesn't allow you to use items that were made past that gen. So if I were doing the challenge I mentioned in my example, I would only be able to use items that were around in gen I and II, not anything introduced in gen III. This actually sounds like a good challenge lol...sorry I hijacked your idea by turning it around and making something new of it. ~_~

ShinyNuzLover
July 2nd, 2013, 04:36 AM
Something like using Pokemon not introduced in that region would work though, I think. Black and White wouldn't really work for this either. Because you can't find Pokemon from other regions until after you beat the game. So...yeah...wouldn't really work...

Honeyman
July 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
I'm back everyone!
Not like anyone would remember me...

jespoke
July 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Black and White wouldn't really work for this either. Because you can't find Pokemon from other regions until after you beat the game. So...yeah...wouldn't really work...

B/W wouldn't work, but B2/W2 would!
So it's just Kanto that you can't do at all...

Jak
July 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
I'm back everyone!
Not like anyone would remember me...

Nonsense! I remember all the birdies of the land.

Black and White wouldn't really work for this either. Because you can't find Pokemon from other regions until after you beat the game. So...yeah...wouldn't really work...

Really, as long as most games work, it's fine in my book as far as approving it goes. I mean, that wouldn't open it to ultimates, but it'd still be playable at least. Same with the one where you only use Pokemon introduced in that gen really.

11wildy
July 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
You could of course merge the two and put them in one thread? :3 And welcome back Honeyman (saying honey kind of sounds weird... xp). I do remember you!

SnowpointQuincy
July 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
I had some ideas to make a NFE Challenge better. Don't want to make the thread myself. Maybe My ideas have been done before, plus I'm playing a ROM with a Randomizer. Lots of fun.

Not Fully Evolved Challenge

*Not Fully Evolved Pokemon Only (pokemon effected by evolite)

*Basic Stage Pokemon can't evolve until Lv.35 (baby pokemon aren't effected)

*No Stat Boosting Items like Evolite, Light Ball, Thick Club, etc.

*Pokemon that do not evolve can be used IF their base stats are very low. Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Mawile etc. Such Pokemon must be approved individually until a complete list is made.

The one problem I see with a NFE Challenge is that you don't feel the limitation of the challenge until the Late Game when you should fave fully evolved Pokemon. Basically, the challenge doesn’t start till Victory Road.

Adding the "Lv35 Rule" should make the challenge start sooner. The exact level might need to be changed, but it is still a good idea. Lv.35 is around the time when most starters evolve into their final form, this is when your Squirtle would evolve into Warturtle.

Jak
July 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
The one problem I see with a NFE Challenge is that you don't feel the limitation of the challenge until the Late Game when you should fave fully evolved Pokemon. Basically, the challenge doesn’t start till Victory Road.

I disagree, actually. I did the Christian Challenge, which you could essentially call a variation on an NFE since you can't evolve, but I started feeling the burn around gym 4. I did mine in Hoenn. So I don't think the 35 level rule would be necessary, but optional instead. It also depends on your team, which at that point in the game, I had...nothing to write home about, honestly. I think at that point, I didn't have my desired team and I was soloing with Torchic, and it was still tough.

...I felt the burn at gym 4 in Hoenn...Flannery's gym...I see what I did there.

molivious
July 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
*Basic Stage Pokemon can't evolve until Lv.35 (baby pokemon aren't effected)

*Pokemon that do not evolve can be used IF their base stats are very low. Farfetch'd, Luvdisc, Mawile etc. Such Pokemon must be approved individually until a complete list is made.
An easier is way to regulate this is to simply create a total-stat benchmark. For example:

Start: Only pokemon with total stats 330 and below are allowed until the next badge
After acquiring 1st badge: those with 340 and below are now allowed until the next badge
2nd badge: 350
8th badge: 410 and above

410 is actually a decent stat limit. Most of your starters, when evolved, have total stats around this number. If 410 isn't satisfying enough, add +15 instead per badge acquired(8th badge = 450 and above). This way, trainers can evolve their starters much earlier.

This makes it easier to explain and force players to only evolve their pokemon at certain points in the game.

The one problem I see with a NFE Challenge is that you don't feel the limitation of the challenge until the Late Game when you should fave fully evolved Pokemon. Basically, the challenge doesn’t start till Victory Road. Depends on what pokemon are being used, really. Some are plain too good/strong for as early as the game starts, while some are horrible all the way (like uh, bugs).

edit: O_o thank god for the automated system. lags created so much spam.

Jak
July 5th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hope you guys are finding some fun GT events. :) psst there's a link to mine in my sig!! Just a reminder that next month is when the next challenge event will be, and there is an extra surprise in it. <3

Edit: Oh apparently I didn't save my sig when I added them OOPS. Well you'll see them in the GT forum. Bug Catching Contest and Secret Base Contest. :3

11wildy
July 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Well great, I won't be there next month due to holidays. Finally we get a challenge event and I can't even do it :(

I was thinking about making a challenge where you play a different set of rules between each gym. For example:
Firstly, from the start up to gym 1, you would need to play by monotype rules.
Secondly, from gym 2 to gym 3, you would play nuzlocke rules.

This could of course be chosen by the player, or randomized.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Jak
July 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I like that idea. idk why, but it makes me think of a relay race or a triathlon, though with those it's only three events, but still. And aww that's a shame you won't be around. :( I'm gonna be busy a lot next month too, but the challenge ties in with next month so it's gonna be the only time it's acceptable to post. >.<

A Shadow's Soul
July 6th, 2013, 11:57 PM
It's nice to see my Eliminationlocke and Wedlocke doing okay, it would be nice to see a few more sign ups though. I love adaptations of the Nuzlocke which gives the challenge a whole new level of difficulty and anyone who likes a challenge should definitely come check out the Eliminationlocke in particular :D

11wildy
July 7th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Oh well, I guess I won't post my challenge, as I have only 2 weeks before holiday >.<

And Sydian, I figured out that I'll be back halfway through the month, so if I'll hurry I might be able to do the event still! ;D

Jak
July 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Adam, I like that your Nuzlockes aren't carbon copies of the original. I've been getting so many submissions of Nuzlocke variants that are barely different or could easily be incorporated into the one we already have. And it's just...ugh I swear that's almost all the challenges I've seen waiting on approval lately.

Wildy, I'm hoping you can join in! And I'm looking forward to you posting that challenge as well.

So what's everyone been doing for GT? I'm hosting my two events of course, but I also entered the Trade Corner raffle that I'm totally not gonna win cause I'm not doing any of the tasks lol...even though some of the tasks include getting badges in challenges. I also posted my entry for the singing contest. ^o^

LilJz
July 9th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I keep being lazy for posting my entry for the singing contest :[

Until when is the contest open?

Sora
July 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I must be one of the only people who don't see the charm in doing nuzlockes. Maybe because while I do like doing challenges as something different games I don't really like to challenge myself. So seeing all these nuzlockes make me sad because that is less for me to choose from for challenges.

Also I wish I could post about my firered challenge but the challenge's thread here is set up in a way where I can't post in it.

I did almost nothing for the Get Together. Rarely do because of laziness but maybe one day I'll participate in more than one thing/do more than host.

LilJz
July 9th, 2013, 07:21 PM
In Nuzlockes, you mean the one where if your Pokemon faints, you can't use them anymore?

Jak
July 9th, 2013, 07:26 PM
It's okay, Tara. I don't do Nuzlockes either. I like more gimmicky challenges where I use things I wouldn't normally take while not having to change my play style too drastically. Nuzlocke goes against how I play and while I know it's meant to be challenging and such, I just can't deal with the losing Pokemon thing. lol

And go post your entry, Liljz! You have till July 10th, I believe.

Sora
July 9th, 2013, 07:30 PM
If there are any other nuzlockes I haven't really seen them, but yeah. I'm terrible with keeping my Pokemon alive when I normally play so a nuzlocke would be absolutely terrible. Plus the fact that half the time I hate grinding in my Pokemon games.

Gimmicky challenges are fun! Those are the ones I normally used to look at and go 'man I wish I could do this'. Luckily I don't really have that problem anymore since I decided to suck it up and use ROMs when I could.

Jak
July 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I have only used a ROM for a challenge once, and that was for the St. Patrick's Day even in 2011. It being the first event, I went nuts and decided to play Emerald and Gold. I played Gold on an emulator because a lot of green Pokemon I wanted had to be hacked in, so yeah. It was fun! Wish I could still play that file, but my PC has gone to crap unfortunately. And MacBook's don't have any good emulators. But other than that, I've done all my challenges on real cartridges. :)

LilJz
July 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Yikes, I hope my parents aren't home tomorrow so I can record myself. I usually don't do singing videos... but I'll do it for PC ^-^'

And until now I did all of my challenges on real cartridges too. I don't like the idea of using roms =/
If I ever get second copies of Gen IV games and Gen V games, I'll do challenges on them. Because right now, I only have one cartrdige of Pokemon HG, Diamond & White. And I don't wanna erase all of my saved file since I invested so much time in them and my Pokemon. I just wouldn't feel comfortable deleting all the Pokemon I shared my time with.

Sora
July 9th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I didn't like the idea of using ROMs either which is why I avoided using them. Because of that I remember having to miss out on the St. Patrick's event because I had no extra cartridges. I still don't other than FireRed (though I might restart my Ruby after transferring Pokemon onto SoulSilver. Not sure yet. Also my White has also become a restarting cartridge because meh Unova) but after playing the Valentines one on Crystal on the ROM on my phone I was more okay with it. Wish I could play HeartGold on my phone but oh well.

If I had the money though, I would buy extra cartridges as well as a Sinnoh game again (I lost both of mine what luck). But I'm poor and when I do have money the version I want heartgold likes to elude me.

Jak
July 9th, 2013, 07:54 PM
I wanted to record when no one was home, but I had to suck it up and do it when they were. I don't think they heard...lol

And yeah, I have extra copies of games, usually two extras in each gen...embarrassing haha. I spend a lot of money on Pokemon. v_v

11wildy
July 9th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I've played on quite some roms, as they are a lot faster, which allows for more challenges to be done! As well as speeding up grinding, which is my main reason for it...

I will post my challenge when I get from holidays Syd, so I can actually keep track of people playing. Any good name for it?

The Dark Avenger
July 11th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Everyone, keep your eyes peeled for the BINGO challenge starting this week (granted it's approved).

It's great for anyone, like me, who likes variety in their challenges, and would like to do some sort of ultimate challenge, but often lose interest in the second or third run.

In one challenge you may do a monotype and the next you might only be able to use pokemon that evolve via stones. I put together a good mixture of more conventional challenges and new ones to amp up the variety. There are literally millions of different permutations of how you can play through your unique bingo card!

Well, now that I am done advertising prematurely, in other news...not to pester you Sydian, but are you planning an event challenge anywhere in the near future? Cuz' they are always sure to entertain, and your last one was an April Fool's joke! You sorta' owe us for your "fishy" conduct :p

jdthebud
July 11th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Everyone, keep your eyes peeled for the BINGO challenge starting this week (granted it's approved).

It's great for anyone, like me, who likes variety in their challenges, and would like to do some sort of ultimate challenge, but often lose interest in the second or third run.

In one challenge you may do a monotype and the next you might only be able to use pokemon that evolve via stones. I put together a good mixture of more conventional challenges and new ones to amp up the variety. There are literally millions of different permutations of how you can play through your unique bingo card!

Well, now that I am done advertising prematurely, in other news...not to pester you Sydian, but are you planning an event challenge anywhere in the near future? Cuz' they are always sure to entertain, and your last one was an April Fool's joke! You sorta' owe us for your "fishy" conduct :p
Sounds intereseting! Do we get cookies for getting a BINGO?

Syd has said over the past few weeks that the next event will be next month in August I believe.

The Dark Avenger
July 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
^ Even better, you get........bragging rights!

Oh, she did? Thanks, for letting me know.

LilJz
July 11th, 2013, 10:20 AM
That April Fool's joke, LOL.

Use only fishes and nothing else, beat the Elite Four with a Magikarp and a Feebas.

lolnothankyou.jpg

molivious
July 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Ooh, sounds fun. I'm in! I'd have to finish my current challenges first before I would sign up, though >_< GT has taken a lot of time off my hands XD

Speaking of the GT, grats for winning in the drawing contest! I'm betting for that poodle, too. Great stuff. Love those pixel arts.

Anyway, onto another concern of mine: I was planning to make a program...
which randomizes a lot of rules from different ongoing challenges. It's actually an idea for a new kind of challenge thread. But to be fair, and to not "take over" the said ongoing challenges, I'll set limits so that the "Random-Rules Generator" wouldn't generate more than one two or rules from say, the current Nuzlocke.

E.g. if there's already a "Faint = death" rule, then rest assured, any other rule from Nuzlocke wouldn't be generated.

However, there's already a "Create your own rules" challenge posted, which sort of has the same scope, so I guess I couldn't really create a new thread for it. I think it would look redundant and I'm also worried that it may end up killing that thread (or killing myself my own thread) if I did so. I might post the download link here, though, and I would PM the TC of that thread if he wants to include it as part of his challenge.

For additional features, I think a small area for random pokemon/team generation wouldn't hurt. It would save me a lot of trouble from opening sites every now and then, too! lol.
so... I'm just wondering how many would be interested, and if it would even be acceptable

LilJz
July 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I like that idea, but personally I don't like the idea of my Pokemon getting dumped when they faint, I find it cruel to the Pokemon and to the trainer who has a hard time with the Elite 4 without Revives and Full Restores :(

molivious
July 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I like that idea, but personally I don't like the idea of my Pokemon getting dumped when they faint, I find it cruel to the Pokemon and to the trainer who has a hard time with the Elite 4 without Revives and Full Restores :(
Well, good news to you. There's an option to "deselect" a few rules you don't want to be generated (Maximum of 6-10 is fair enough, I suppose, you can re-generate anyways. lol) I actually had a "sample interface" written in notepad (ASCII art), showing the primary features - like what appears on screen and whatnot. But power came down and well, I didn't save, and everything went to hell.

But, yeah, I've been thinking of more stuff to make it more fair and useable for everyone. Once I finish listing down my first set of features/notes (hopefully, by tonight), I'm surely gonna post them up here.

So far, i've only gathered up 30 rules to include... which is around 60-70% of the whole Challenge section >_<

LilJz
July 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Oh? Okay then you can count me in on that challenge :)

Keep up the good work!

The Dark Avenger
July 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Ooh, sounds fun. I'm in! I'd have to finish my current challenges first before I would sign up, though >_< GT has taken a lot of time off my hands XD

Speaking of the GT, grats for winning in the drawing contest! I'm betting for that poodle, too. Great stuff. Love those pixel arts.

Anyway, onto another concern of mine: I was planning to make a program...
[spoiler]which randomizes a lot of rules from different ongoing challenges. It's actually an idea for a new kind of challenge thread. But to be fair, and to not "take over" the said ongoing challenges, I'll set limits so that the "Random-Rules Generator" wouldn't generate more than one two or rules from say, the current Nuzlocke.

Thanks. The funny think about that poodle is that I think the new cotton-candy puppy pokemon, I am just assuming it is a puppy, would be a perfect evo for my poodle. I was actually going to do a cotton candy eared, peppermint-striped pokemon.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/0/00/Peroppafu.png/230px-Peroppafu.png

Really, you are going to make a program? Impressive. I would never be capable of programming my phone, let along make a program, haha. Good Luck!

molivious
July 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Oooh that looks cute. That's the first time i'm seeing that cute 'n fluffy piece of win.

And yeah, I am. Thanks. You can think of it as my way of reviewing what I've long forgotten, lol. I'll need quite some practice again on the basics... and this would cover almost everything.

Anyway, I'll probably end my planning with the file attached. I can probably come up with more as I start. Also, don't mind the filename XD just noticed it too.

Necrum
July 11th, 2013, 07:23 PM
If Fennekin winds up with Fire Psychic evos, I might do a Psychic mono just so I can use the new squid mon too, lol.

Lilith
July 11th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I thought I read that Fennekin was going to be Fire/Psychic, or it's still rumored. I dunno, I 'check' Serebii every day, but I try not to commit the details to memory. I'd like to play a new generation not knowing most of the Pokemon. I'll try to play blind as best as I can rather than pre-plan a team or sign up under a challenge... if I get XY

Jak
July 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I'm planning my X team and winging my Y team. :)

The Dark Avenger
July 11th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I thought I read that Fennekin was going to be Fire/Psychic, or it's still rumored. I dunno, I 'check' Serebii every day, but I try not to commit the details to memory. I'd like to play a new generation not knowing most of the Pokemon. I'll try to play blind as best as I can rather than pre-plan a team or sign up under a challenge... if I get XY

The rumor that was started in may has been corraborated by recent information.
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

The rumor also states that Fennekin's final evo will be a fire/psychic. Therefore, it is highly likely to be true, but who knows, the rumor creator may be mistaken on some of the claims.

LilJz
July 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
So I'm thinking of going back in the challenges :)

And first thing I'm gonna do is Syd's TCG challenge :D
Now I gotta buy a booster pack and hoping I get good Gen III stuffs since I'll play with my Ruby cartridge xD

Jak
July 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Good luck with that since the common booster packs you can buy are gen V, so that's two generations of Pokemon you may get in the pack that you can't get in-game. :x

Griffinbane
July 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM
If you don't wanna buy a booster pack, you can always download the tgc online game and open a pack there. You get a new pack every couple of days so it's a good thing.

LilJz
July 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Well then, let's hope I pull something good and that I won't pull only one single Pokemon from gen III and then realizing it was a Luvdisc 8D

physi1
July 14th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I was thinking that it might be cool to do two challenges simultaneously with all restrictions from both in place (where possible), but after looking around it seems that some of the challenges already implement this in the form of additional options, which may lead to a seperate thread being redundant.

I was wondering firstly if there would be interest in this and secondly if it could work given the reason above?

some examples - NFE solo
- First Badge Mono Species
- Mono colour mono type (understandably may not work all the time but I'm sure there would be some interesting type/colour cobinations)

molivious
July 14th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I was thinking that it might be cool to do two challenges simultaneously with all restrictions from both in place (where possible), but after looking around it seems that some of the challenges already implement this in the form of additional options, which may lead to a seperate thread being redundant.

I was wondering firstly if there would be interest in this and secondly if it could work given the reason above?

some examples - NFE solo
- First Badge Mono Species
- Mono colour mono type (understandably may not work all the time but I'm sure there would be some interesting type/colour cobinations)
There's actually a ["Pick your Rules" Challenge thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304351)], where you could basically do what you mentioned in there. Simply input your selected rules, and you're good to go. I think you must notify the other thread owners though, if you want your challenges to be "credited" simultaneously. And by notify, i mean asking eachof the thread owners in charge of the First Badge challenge, Ultimate Solo Challenge, Monocolour Challenge, and Monotype Challenges... simply post in their threads.

I was also trying to support the thread I linked with this (WIP) "Challenge Generator": [link] (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7732974&postcount=3975) (check spoiler)

...and here's a screenshot of what it (currently) looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/Ns6BdJw.png
*don't mind the listbox under "Select Generation". It was initially "Select Pokedex", but I figured that the option was to only modify "Gym leader/Trainer Type/Elite Four challenge" rules, so it had to be changed to 'generation'.

and my current progress is: Not even nearly halfway done >_<
1) I'm still trying to debug a few stuff regarding the Challenge Generator's coding (I might even have to rewrite everything from scratch, on another programming language... cause i messed up so bad in this one lol); and
2) I haven't even touched the team generator just yet - which is longer to code D':
3) I've also been busy with other stuff such as studies, gaming and watching movies... lmao. So this might take more than a week or two to finish.

physi1
July 15th, 2013, 02:12 AM
There's actually a ["Pick your Rules" Challenge thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304351)], where you could basically do what you mentioned in there.

Cheers for the heads-up, signed on.

As for the challenge generator, it looks good. It would fit in well by being able to tell you at a glance how appropriate a given challenge would be.

11wildy
July 15th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I'm currently working on the challenge that gives you a different set of rules after every gym, taken from popular challenges.

So far I have: Monotype, Monocolor, No item, NFE, Solo and Nuzlocke.

Any other suggestions for challenges? Maybe a popular one I forgot about?

And a name would be nice too :D

Major Ziggs
July 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Interesting idea, it sounds very interesting to keep swapping challenge - I usually end up getting bored of the ones I do because they're all the same haha. You could add in a random team challenge where someone generates you a team and you have to ditch your team to use the new one?

11wildy
July 15th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Well, that would require a lot of effort in both hacking or catching the team, randomizing, being dependant of other people. My aim is to make it playable on cartridge, without needing other people to play.

Thanks for the input though! :D

molivious
July 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
@wildy every gym huh? from what i've collected so far in the whole challenge forum, you could probably add...
- Petit (non-evolved pokemon with a total of 330 stats or below)
- may only use pokemon owned by a certain Trainer Class (obviously, you gotta randomize a trainer class)
- May not use Dual-types (e.g Normal/Flying)
- Wedlocke/Must pair your pokemon
- must start again with lv5 pokemon (this could be harsh for late game though)
- change battle style to SET
- must use pokemon from your name's initials (well, PC name, cause someone might just name themselves "AAA" in-game)
- Gender-lock (may not use Male, or may not use female; again, randomized)
- Double-Trouble (my idea...not in any challenge yet) which forces one to use two of the same pokemon. lol. Might sound kinda boring, but it's fascinating to have two of the same Pokemon but with different movesets/roles.
- Type-locke ([link] (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303659) explains it better)

11wildy
July 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
There's a few nice ideas in there! but I don't really want the challenge to require a randomizer. I'm keeping it open to player's choice. I will probably take gender-lock, no dual type and I want something with the alphabet... Still thinking about that.

molivious
July 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Good luck with your challenge!

11wildy
July 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
The point was to make it completely possible to play using only your cartridge. If people want to randomize stuff, they are still allowed to. As well as some people choosing their own order of rules and other randomizing them, that's all fine!

That's just opening up more possibilities, which is Always good imo. Challenge will be posted in like 3 weeks, when I'm back from holidays, so I can actually manage the thread too :p.

Edit: This is what I got so far:

Hello there, welcome to this newchallenge! Unlike most challenge around here, you will not be following onespecific set of rules. Rather, the rules tend to change during the game! Therewill be a set of challenge rules. You start with one set of rules, but you haveto switch to another set of rules after every gym, up until you beat the EliteFour. This means you will have played with 9 different set of rules during yourgame.

The sets of rules are:

1) Monotype:

You have to choose one type. You canonly battle using Pokemon of your chosen type, until you beat the next gym.

2) Nuzlocke:

Every Pokemon that faints is considereddead and must be released, or permanently boxed. This remains into effect untilyou have beaten the next gym. (Pokemon that fainted during this period may NOTbe taken out of the box after the next gym, you cannot use them anymore in thewhole playthrough.)

3) No item:

You are not allowed to use any kind ofitem (except HM or key item), until you have beaten the next gym.

4) NFE:

You may not use any fully evolvedPokemon. This means that all Pokemon in your team should still be able toevolve, but are not allowed to evolve in the meanwhile.

5) Monocolor:

You must choose one color. Use onlyPokemon of that color to battle.

6) Solo:

Choose one Pokemon. Use only thatPokemon to play and beat the next gym.

7) Gender lock:

You may use only Pokemon from onegender, or only genderless Pokemon.

8) Type-familiar:

Your Pokemon may only use moves of theirown type. For example, Pidgey may only use Normal or Flying type moves.

9) Alphabetical:

The Pokemon in your team must be in alphabeticalorder. For example, if you have a team of Abra, Bonsly, Carvanha, Carnivine,Zubat and Feraligatr, the order of your party would be: Abra, Bonsly,Carnivine, Carvanha, Feraligatr, Zubat. They should also be sent out in thisorder. So if Abra faints, Bonsly must be sent out next.

Now, there are a few ways you could playthis challenge. Firstly, you could choose the rules yourself, taking any orderyou want. Secondly, you could use a randomizer to randomize the rules, whichadds a little bit of a surprise.

The rules:

1) No cheating.

2) The run ends after beating the leaguein all games. It is optional to do the postgame, this includes Kanto in G/S/Cor HG/SS.

3) You must use every rule exactly onetime. (Exactly two if you want to do the Kanto section of G/S/C or HG/SS.

LilJz
July 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I like that challenge, it seems really fun. I would definitely give it a try.

11wildy
July 16th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Well, please wait a few weeks, then I can post it :3. Good to see somebody likes it^^