PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

Perrie ✿
July 22nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
So I got back into challenges and I'm doing the First Badge challenge.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303120

Everyone go do it imo!!! it's really fun and challenging. :>

JayD
July 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM
I find myself underleveled sometimes because I captured all of my Pokemon right before the gym xD

Perrie ✿
July 22nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
I find myself underleveled sometimes because I captured all of my Pokemon right before the gym xD

Me too, lmao. I'm on my way to fight Brawly and rn my team is leveled between 15 - 18 D;

JayD
July 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Brawly was a breeze because of Taillow & Ralts :-)

Dixie Kong
July 24th, 2013, 07:57 PM
When I first played Sapphire, I thought Brawly was a Water Gym Leader because his sign outside the gym says something about crashing and I thought of crashing waves, lmao.

jdthebud
July 24th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Lol no one noticed that this thread recently went over 4000 posts!!!!

Dixie Kong
July 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM
But this post is the 4007th post, which is seven times better!!

JayD
July 25th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Doea thatean the 4008th post is 8 times better? That makes my post more awesome than yours, Syd! :-) xD

myrrhman
July 26th, 2013, 07:51 AM
When I first played Sapphire, I thought Brawly was a Water Gym Leader because his sign outside the gym says something about crashing and I thought of crashing waves, lmao.

Syd can read the future O.o Water gym one gen later revolving around crashing waves.

AoTora
July 26th, 2013, 08:16 AM
You know what would be fun? =3 To have a challenge in which you gotta play as Ash - Ash almost always uses the type that's weak to the one he is fighting and he almost always wins because he believes in his pokemon xD By the way thanks to that person who came up with challenges xD If there were no challenges I'd die because of boredom before I get my paws on x and y - I already played every game/hack there is :/

Perrie ✿
July 26th, 2013, 08:32 AM
You know what would be fun? =3 To have a challenge in which you gotta play as Ash - Ash almost always uses the type that's weak to the one he is fighting and he almost always wins because he believes in his pokemon xD By the way thanks to that person who came up with challenges xD If there were no challenges I'd die because of boredom before I get my paws on x and y - I already played every game/hack there is :/

I'm pretty sure you could just use the Anime character challenge for something like that, right?

JayD
July 26th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Syd, when is the event in August gonna be confirmed? I feel like doing a challenge but if I do, I won't have any more cartridges to play with @_@
Just a confirmed date to know when you'll be putting it out there on the forums :)

myrrhman
July 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM

Just returning after a series of long absences from PC, but last time I was here there was both an Anime Challenge as well as a "Gym Disadvantage Challenge" in which you could ONLY use Pokemon in the gym that were weak to the gym's type. If those aren't there anymore, you could always do one of those anyways! That's the great thing about this board; even if a challenge goes inactive, that doesn't mean its not a challenge anymore!

AoTora
July 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Just returning after a series of long absences from PC, but last time I was here there was both an Anime Challenge as well as a "Gym Disadvantage Challenge" in which you could ONLY use Pokemon in the gym that were weak to the gym's type. If those aren't there anymore, you could always do one of those anyways! That's the great thing about this board; even if a challenge goes inactive, that doesn't mean its not a challenge anymore!

Gym disadvantage challenge sounds fun to me :3 I'll defenitely try that out :3 And anime character challenge aswell as soon as I am done with these that I am doing right now ^_^

JayD
July 26th, 2013, 09:43 PM
So I'm planning on making a challenge which was heavily influenced by the Oh my god Challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298827). I'll base it on the main gods of Olympus and with each god, you'll be restricted to only some certain types and I'll also add in some clauses to each god as well :)

What do you guys think of the idea of it?

Dixie Kong
July 26th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I think it'd work. Not something I'd do though, mainly cause I have no time for anything haha.

Gonna have some time tomorrow to start getting the August event sorted out and ready! :)

JayD
July 26th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't mind investing my time in making challenges. It's one of my, if not my fav section of PC :)

And will you give us a little preview of how the August event will look like? :C

Dixie Kong
July 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM
There isn't really a preview I can give you that tells you anything about it. But I will say that I didn't make this challenge. AlexOzzyCake made it and I found a good way to use it (with a little tweaking so it works for all games) and that being next month. Next month is awesome, if that gives you any help as to what this challenge could be about.

JayD
July 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM
next month is awesome? Hmm, I got an idea of what it might be but I'm not really sure @_@

molivious
July 26th, 2013, 11:07 PM
What actually happens during events here? Would there simple be a special challenge for participants to complete/sign up for? Or does it change every year and no one could really tell?

Haven't been in any of the Challenge section's events before, so I'm pretty clueless.

JayD
July 26th, 2013, 11:36 PM
From my experience, challenge events are very well thought out and very organized challenges that you have to do in a limited period of time. They're also really fun and you could get emblems from them.

AoTora
July 27th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Sounds fun ^_^ I cannot wait for the event than :3 I love challenges :3

molivious
July 27th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Seconded. Really curious on the challenge now >_<

myrrhman
July 27th, 2013, 07:04 AM
There isn't really a preview I can give you that tells you anything about it. But I will say that I didn't make this challenge. AlexOzzyCake made it and I found a good way to use it (with a little tweaking so it works for all games) and that being next month. Next month is awesome, if that gives you any help as to what this challenge could be about.

Next month is awesome? Oh, that means the event is going to be use Myrrhman's favorite Pokemon :P

The Dark Avenger
July 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM

I can't tell is this supposed to be a riddle?!?
I got this! August is Psoriasis Awareness Month - www.psoriasis.org. (Wikipedia)
We can only use pokemon with blotchy skin.

Dixie Kong
July 27th, 2013, 05:25 PM
...Definitely not, Fenneking. XD And btw molivious, if you want to see the previous challenge events and get an idea of how they work, there's a link to all of them in the FAQ! :)

The Dark Avenger
July 27th, 2013, 05:52 PM
^ Well if you're not gonna make a psoriasis challenge than I will. You're gonna be sooo jealous when everyone sign's up for it.

After that I will do a diabetes challenge where you can only use food pokemon.

Lastly, I will do a flatulence challenge, you may only use pokemon like Weezing and Skuntank. They must use poison gas.

btw...please no one steal my ideas, they are brilliant, pure and simple! :p

JayD
July 27th, 2013, 06:22 PM
^ Well if you're not gonna make a psoriasis challenge than I will. You're gonna be sooo jealous when everyone sign's up for it.

After that I will do a diabetes challenge where you can only use food pokemon.

Lastly, I will do a flatulence challenge, you may only use pokemon like Weezing and Skuntank. They must use poison gas.

btw...please no one steal my ideas, they are brilliant, pure and simple! :p

Steals idea

Does it have anything to do with school, Syd? xD

myrrhman
July 27th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Dear god Fenneking if this gets made its definitely got the Challenge of the year award. Nay, the challenge of the decade award.

Dixie Kong
July 27th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Does it have anything to do with school, Syd? xD

Oh Lord, no. haha

Dear god Fenneking if this gets made its definitely got the Challenge of the year award. Nay, the challenge of the decade award.

You mean it's got your vote. ;) Gotta see how others feel about it before you call it! That and idk how MOTY is gonna be done this year. It's never been consistent haha.

JayD
July 27th, 2013, 09:57 PM
MOTY is made at the end of the year, right? :-)

molivious
July 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
And btw molivious, if you want to see the previous challenge events and get an idea of how they work, there's a link to all of them in the FAQ! http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/smilies/cerulean/1.%20smile.gif
oooh~ those do look interesting.

How long do the events usually last? or does it vary? I'm imagining just around 1 week, like the get-together...

jdthebud
July 28th, 2013, 11:36 AM
oooh~ those do look interesting.

How long do the events usually last? or does it vary? I'm imagining just around 1 week, like the get-together...
The events on the Challenge forum usually last till the end of the month, the G-T events only last a week since that's how long the G-T lasts.

Sydian, please have emblems for actually completing the challenge this time, I feel a little let down when the only emblem is just participatory, sometimes it doesn't motivate me to finish. You could have both?

Disease challenges ftw?

molivious
July 28th, 2013, 03:36 PM
The events on the Challenge forum usually last till the end of the month, the G-T events only last a week since that's how long the G-T lasts.
Makes sense, considering how challenges could take a load of time.

Anyway, add a bit more into Fenneking's ideas (like a "medic" challenge, where all your pokemon must have at least 1 hp/status-effect healing move), and he could create some challenge with a "hospital" setting... now that truly would be an interesting compilation I'd want to see. @_@

Dixie Kong
July 28th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Sydian, please have emblems for actually completing the challenge this time, I feel a little let down when the only emblem is just participatory, sometimes it doesn't motivate me to finish. You could have both?

I'd rather not. I don't see the point. The emblems used to be completion only, but they're more of "if I see you making effort, you can have it." Plus, not enough people were completing them and the emblems weren't getting used to the fullest. I think you're putting way too much stock into it if you think it should be more than one anyway. Having two for one small event seems silly, and if you don't have the motivation to complete the challenge, that's your own beef really. Besides, this challenge in particular will have something special for people that complete it.

And yes, MOTY is posted at the end of the year. Voting occurs throughout the entire month of December.

JayD
July 28th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Oooh, I wonder what the something special is gonna be :3

Speaking of challenges, the image for the Newlywed challenge is messed up. It's gone! What should I do!?1/1 :(

jdthebud
July 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I'd rather not. I don't see the point. The emblems used to be completion only, but they're more of "if I see you making effort, you can have it." Plus, not enough people were completing them and the emblems weren't getting used to the fullest. I think you're putting way too much stock into it if you think it should be more than one anyway. Having two for one small event seems silly, and if you don't have the motivation to complete the challenge, that's your own beef really. Besides, this challenge in particular will have something special for people that complete it.

And yes, MOTY is posted at the end of the year. Voting occurs throughout the entire month of December.
That's fine with me! didn't mean to come across as serious as I did, lol. Special things are awesome.

Arx
July 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Special thing? I'm excited for this challenge.

Spitfire93
July 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
I had a idea for a challenge just cant be bothered to do it myself at this point. it is a twist on the average nuzlocke where your Pokemon "age" after 3 hours of being in your party (boxing them stops the timer but it doesn't reset) they die from exhaustion, this will keep your teams fresh and also reduce the amount of time that can be spent on grinding.

myrrhman
July 30th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Seems like a good optional rule for the already existing Nuzlocke to me. Also you might want to tweak the time, Nuzlockes are beatable in less than 3 hours.

vaporeon7
July 30th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Why do I always come back here when it's about Nuzlockes? But that is a good optional rule, yeah. If enough people want to use it, I'll add it to the opening post. (I need to update that thread too at some point).

Dixie Kong
July 30th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I gotta say, editing someone else's challenge feels strange. I tried to leave it the same, though I had to remove one rule since I didn't think it'd fit in well with the everyone version. This was a challenge made by AlexOzzyCake for me as a Christmas present. It's gonna be gooood. :) Just a little more tweaking and it should be ready for August 1st! My time, btw. lol

Spitfire93
July 30th, 2013, 06:36 PM
if you wouldnt mind adding it that would be cool, ill get around to doing it myself at some point. but with uni starting soon it isnt a great time

Sora
July 30th, 2013, 07:10 PM
I was trying to remember today why I was looking more forward to tomorrow and now I remember that it was because it's going to be the start of the event challenge haha. Looking forward to what it is! Though changes are I'll need to charge my phone before I can start participating whoops.

Dixie Kong
July 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM
You've still got a day, haha. There's a July 31st we gotta get through before the fun starts!

Sora
July 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
... shhh i totally remembered that there was 31 days in july.

either way, it gives me more time to charge my phone in that case!

Arx
July 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
It's August 1st in 40 minutes where I live.
I demand the challenge to be posted Jk

JayD
July 30th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I'm actually looking forward to your challenge but at the same time, I'm not. Because August 1st means school is approaching ;~;

Dixie Kong
July 30th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I don't wanna hear you guys complain! I have a class to finish, work, my 21st birthday, band camp, and full time school starting. If I survive, you'll survive. :P

JayD
July 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I don't mind work since I got 2 jobs, which are fun (for me anyways :P) 21st birthday? That shouldn't be so bad, my birthday is on August too :3
Band camp? Sounds like fun. All those stuffs you mentionned sounds like fun except for school and class :(

myrrhman
July 31st, 2013, 06:40 AM
Oh god Syddy's gonna be wasted when this challenge comes out.

Sora
July 31st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Band Camp, from my experience, is fun but it's also a lot of having to be out in the heat and so forth haha. So good luck with everything you have to do, Syd!

The Dark Avenger
July 31st, 2013, 04:00 PM
You go to band camp?

I am so glad I was never a 'band geek', I preferred being an 'orchestra nerd'. :p

JayD
July 31st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Some personal stuffs got me really depressed right now.. I don't think I'll be able to attend the event anymore because I won't be motivated to play it.. Sorry Syd..

Hopefully everything will get settled real soon..

Dixie Kong
July 31st, 2013, 07:04 PM
Two hours till the event is posted, everyone! And no, I won't be wasted when it's posted. When it's closed, I might be. lol

Some personal stuffs got me really depressed right now.. I don't think I'll be able to attend the event anymore because I won't be motivated to play it.. Sorry Syd..

Hopefully everything will get settled real soon..

It's okay, ba! <3 I hope everything gets better for you. Maybe I can figure out something I can do for you to cheer you up. I don't like it when my birds are sad!

The Dark Avenger
July 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
Yes. The challenge is up, and it looks pretty damn fun!
And totally not egocentric. (:p))

JayD
August 1st, 2013, 04:49 AM
Hmm, I dont mind you trying" Syd, but I prefer doing it privately. Not really comfortable with people knowing what's happening..
But I decided to do the challenge...just to stop thinking about it..

Liberal Army
August 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hello guys, recently I've successfully made a new challenge. The Organism Challenge. It's about choosing an animal class with extra rules and general rules. Does somebody knows more rules I can add? I think I don't have a lot of extra rules and general rules.
Any kind of help is appreciated!

The Dark Avenger
August 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
I would suggest keeping things simple and broad!
For instance, spiders or horse pokemon species are few and far between.
I would suggest perhaps the following:

Mammal, Amphibian/Reptile, Bird, Fish, Invertebrates, Plants/Fungi

I would suggest going through each pokemon line and categorizing them into one of these categories. For any human-like pokemon, I would put them in mammal, just a note. Also, mechanical species, like Magneton should be banned, given they are inorganic.
The set up could vary from mono-organism classification or one member representing each of the category. I would suggest having both options for alternative challenges.

This ought to serve as a refresher as to what constitutes what sort of species.
http://animals.about.com/od/invertebrates/tp/invertebrate-groups.htm

Hope this helps ;)

Dixie Kong
August 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hmm, I dont mind you trying" Syd, but I prefer doing it privately. Not really comfortable with people knowing what's happening..
But I decided to do the challenge...just to stop thinking about it..

You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna, but you are more than welcome to PM me about it and I'd be willing to help as much as I can. :)

And considering I'm not the one that made the challenge, it's not too egocentric. ;) But if you like it (and the CSS, cause y'all know I don't play with that lol) go tell AlexOzzyCake that you love it and that he's fierce! And should participate in it...he did make it after all!

Sooyun
August 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Just came up with a new challenge (tho I won't be starting it for a while yet. I just got a 3DS and I'm waiting for Pokemon White to come in the mail. Trying to break away from the computer and emulating these days).

Random Master Challenge

This challenge is entirely up to chance and luck...

Unlike the usual Randomizer challenge that allows you a bit of freedom (if you don't like a team, there's nothing stopping you from clicking the randomizer multiple times until you get something workable then posting your results), we will having Masters to determine everything about your team. The "Master" of your challenge will roll a d20 die to determine the types you'll use, and then use the usual Pokemon Randomizer to give you your Pokemon for each type (trying to keep availability in consideration).

Our die numbers will be in the following alphabetical order:
1. Bug
2. Dark
3. Dragon
4. Electric
5. Fight
6. Fire
7. Flying
8. Ghost
9. Grass
10. Ground
11. Ice
12. Normal
13. Poison
14. Psychic
15. Rock
16. Steel
17. Water

Anything above 17 does not count and must be done over to get an applicable number (this will increase to 18 when XY is out to include Fairy).

ex.
Player: Sooyun
Game: White
Dice Rolls: 16, (18), (20), 3, 7, 6, 10, 14
Types: Steel, Dragon, Flying, Fire, Ground, Psychic
List results: Pawniard, Hydreigon, Unfezant, Chandelure, Excadrill, Beheeyem

So... yay or nay?

JayD
August 2nd, 2013, 04:54 AM
The 20 sided die sounds good. But don't we already have a randomized challenge that allows the people that are currently doing the challenge choose a team for you via the randomizer website?

myrrhman
August 2nd, 2013, 07:47 AM
If there is "too much freedom in selection" with the randomizer, why not just do the scramble? To me this looks like a turned down version of a scramble, but only selecting types instead of pokemon/restrictions, and a die selecting those types instead of a member.

Dixie Kong
August 4th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I thought it was kind of similar to the favorite challenge, only it's just not off your list of favorite Pokemon. But the type premise is kind of similar, just with a dice and not a member's choice. And then I have some people that don't really have favorites and they get types assigned and just randomize they're Pokemon, which is pretty much what this is. I find it a little too similar to the random and favorite for me to approve it, I'm afraid. :(

JayD
August 5th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Today while doing my challenge 21 Swablu in the Sky, my Treecko got the Pokerus! I can't believe it, OMG! :D

[] Running into a wild shiny Pokemon
[x] Getting my Pokemon infected by the Pokerus in the wild

Dixie Kong
August 5th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Aww congrats! That's great! I've gotten Pokerus twice in-game, both in challenges actually. First time was in my Japanese Black 2 on my Favorite Challenge, and then again on my Japanese SoulSilver with Ones That Got Away. ...Gee. Japanese games really like me. lol

JayD
August 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
It's actually the first time I got it, hehe :)
And can you actually read japanese to fully play the game correctly?

Dixie Kong
August 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
No, me having Japanese games = me being impatient :3

jdthebud
August 5th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I've gotten Pokerus several times, but I've played so many challenges that it probably isn't that high percentagewise, lol.

Sydian, you won't need to get a Jap version of X/Y this time! Yay for WW release!

Gulpin
August 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I've managed to get Pokerus quite a few times as well, but not in a challenge (if I remember correctly). I remember getting it very early in my playthrough of White, which provided an early boost to my teams stats!

I've also run into two shiny Pokemon pretty recently. I'm playing a monotype on every game I own that isn't used for storage so that means a lot of wild Pokemon and a good chance of seeing a shiny. I caught a shiny Bidoof in my fighting type run on Pearl at the beginning of July, and a few days ago I caught a shiny Audino in Black 2. It's always exciting to run into them during challenges!

molivious
August 5th, 2013, 06:51 PM
it shouldn't matter if i signed up so early and updated much later, right? I've been really busy lately and I couldn't just find time yet to spare... >_<

Gulpin
August 5th, 2013, 07:13 PM
In my opinion it doesn't really matter when or how often you update. I see challenge updates as more of a personal account of your progress, because to be honest most people won't actually read your updates. Really, the only reason I see for updates besides a personal account is for the challenger list on the first post of the thread. With these points in mind, I see no problem with signing up and waiting a while to post an update. After all, life tends to get in the way and sometimes updates on challenges just isn't high up on the priority list.

myrrhman
August 6th, 2013, 08:19 AM
it shouldn't matter if i signed up so early and updated much later, right? I've been really busy lately and I couldn't just find time yet to spare... >_<

Yeah, deku pretty much nailed what I was going to say. Unless you're doing an event or something, you have no obligation to update at all, really. Challenges are honestly here so that YOU can find a new creative way to beat the game. As long as the thread doesn't go inactive, you can not update for like a year, it doesn't make any difference, you're still doing the challenge. I never understand when people sign up for a challenge and then wait for the OP to put them in the challengers section (with a couple exceptions like the bingo challenge, scramble, etc. where you don't know exactly what you're doing until you get put in the first post). A lot of times, I beat the challenge before the OP even sees that I signed up for anything (especially in RBY challenges, I only sign up for stuff if I'm bored at the moment and half an hour or two to do a challenge). That being said, don't freak out if you ever get taken off the challengers list, those can get messy and lots of people sign up for a challenge and then never do it. But as long as you can remember what team you have, by all means, take as long as you want!

11wildy
August 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Back from holiday! Managed to start with the event challenge too! Got Lucky with internet :3.

molivious
August 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM
@deku & myrrh
I was just worried about how annoying it could be for some. Personally, I'd find it pointless and ridiculous to see someone sign up for some challenge then never update again. Like those people who join up in your group for projects on the first day and then never show up again after. I don't really care about being put up in the "challenger's section" or whatever... I mean, anyone could always do challenges without ever signing up. Speaking for myself, the very reason why I sign up for challenges is to let everyone know "I'll finish this, and will follow ALL the rules -- including time-limits". Not simply "I like this challenge, and I want my name up there.. whether I finish it or not". Me and my ego lol.

You could say that i've only posted that as a humble/respectful/hintful way of saying: "Current update on X challenge: nothing yet, because i'm busy". Not that it's a big deal for anyone, but I'd still want someone to know that I'm just putting it off due to time constraints, and not because I've abandoned or forgotten about it. I like a lot of challenges currently posted, but I wouldn't sign up unless I'm sure I'd finish it.

Thanks for the responses. Makes me feel more at ease :) Although I forgot to mention that that post was actually meant for the Challenge Event (not that it matters... and yes, i do know it's only for August) XD

Dixie Kong
August 6th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Speaking of sign ups and no updates, a lot of people have signed up for the Favorite Challenge, but then I never see them come back and update. Makes me sad. Like they forgot or something. It won't hurt my feelings if they just say "i don't wanna do this anymore" lol. :(

jdthebud
August 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM
hehe, I still have my save file for Blaze Black 2, but I got stuck on Clay a while ago, then got caught up doing other things. I'll probably finish eventually though since I have yet to play the whole hack through.

The Dark Avenger
August 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Speaking of sign ups and no updates, a lot of people have signed up for the Favorite Challenge, but then I never see them come back and update. Makes me sad. Like they forgot or something. It won't hurt my feelings if they just say "i don't wanna do this anymore" lol. :(

They probably didn't get a team they liked and didn't even start it. :p

To the issue about non-updating sign-ups. I was thinking of maybe having a 50 post requirement perhaps. Those who haven't been on the forums for very long tend to be very demanding and, where's my info, and so on, and then they don't even update the next couple of weeks. It's like, really? Pester me with PM's, VM's, and thread posts for me to "hurry up" AND not even start when I get around to assigning sheets. I think some challengers like the idea of a random challenge, or a surprise of some sort, but then end up not liking the cards that they are dealt - so to speak. I'd just feel bad for those who are new, that actually want to partake in my challenges though. So, I'll just suck it up and continue my weekly bingo card generator day.

Oh, and the other thing, just an example off the top of my head, but we don't really need a mono-species, duo-species, and tri-species thread for example. If that were the case, why not fuse them into one thread. Or an ultimate "locke" thread for the variations of nuzlockes. Maybe the challengers are spread too thin among the many different challenges to keep track of which ones they signed up for?

But then we have the issue of stepping on thread owners toes :(
I don't really want to start any issues!!

Liberal Army
August 8th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions for the Organism Challenge! It seems no ome is taking part of the challenge, but it takes time and patient. I don't want to add/fuse Amphibians, there are only a few amphibian based Pokemon and I already have the Primate class for that small of amount Pokémon. Mammal class is an option, but alot of Pokemon are based on mammals. But I'll see.

JayD
August 8th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions for the Organism Challenge! It seems no ome is taking part of the challenge, but it takes time and patient. I don't want to add/fuse Amphibians, there are only a few amphibian based Pokemon and I already have the Primate class for that small of amount Pokémon. Mammal class is an option, but alot of Pokemon are based on mammals. But I'll see.

Hey don't worry about it. Maybe people are busy right now. It's still summer you know, vacations and stuffs :P
I'm actually gonna do the Organism challenge once I'm done with my event challenge, it seems really fun :)

myrrhman
August 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Sorry in advance for this massive post.

@deku & myrrh
Personally, I'd find it pointless and ridiculous to see someone sign up for some challenge then never update again.

I don't really care about being put up in the "challenger's section" or whatever... I mean, anyone could always do challenges without ever signing up.
I end up doing this a lot, actually. Not NEVER update, but not update for months and months. I'm sure you guys have noticed that I'll come for usually like a couple days to a week and then disappear for another like 3 months. Its just how I do challenges. I sign up for a bunch, and then half the time they go inactive before I get enough free time to play through them. So those don't get updated on anything but my personal list. Granted, I still believe that I will complete every challenge that I've ever signed up for, its just that some of them have been inactive for like a year. One day about a year ago, I went back and cataloged every challenge that had ever been posted on this site. I've since lost that list, but there were some challenges there that have been inactive for years and years, and are still on my list to complete. But I will, someday. Its actually really unfortunate, because Pokemon is my "fall back" game/s to play. I usually only play it when I'm not doing a bigger project (100% infamous, 100% katamari forever, 100% ni no kuni, or my most recent ambition, 100% civ 5 on steam). However, I know that some day I'm going to catalog again, and when I do, if I see I posted in a thread, I'm much more likely to see that challenge and do it later on.

Its like I said before. I mostly nowadays do challenges when I'm free and have some time. I'm kind of like this, in a sense, because I do the challene before I get added, just after I sign up. I've done so many challenges now that they don't fit in a format that I like in my sig. So I trust the owners of big challenges (jd in the monocolor, necrum in the monotype, and James901 in the solo) to keep things somewhat updated so that I can tell what I haven't done. For most of the other challenges, I only care that I get put in the challengers section because like I said in my first paragraph, when I catalog again, I'm likely to forget every challenge I've done, and if a challenge looks cool, I'm likely to think I haven't done it and end up doing it again (which would be alright, but there's other challenges I could be doing for the first time still!)
To the issue about non-updating sign-ups. I was thinking of maybe having a 50 post requirement perhaps. Those who haven't been on the forums for very long tend to be very demanding and, where's my info, and so on, and then they don't even update the next couple of weeks. It's like, really? Pester me with PM's, VM's, and thread posts for me to "hurry up" AND not even start when I get around to assigning sheets. I think some challengers like the idea of a random challenge, or a surprise of some sort, but then end up not liking the cards that they are dealt - so to speak. I'd just feel bad for those who are new, that actually want to partake in my challenges though. So, I'll just suck it up and continue my weekly bingo card generator day.

Oh, and the other thing, just an example off the top of my head, but we don't really need a mono-species, duo-species, and tri-species thread for example. If that were the case, why not fuse them into one thread. Or an ultimate "locke" thread for the variations of nuzlockes. Maybe the challengers are spread too thin among the many different challenges to keep track of which ones they signed up for?

But then we have the issue of stepping on thread owners toes :(
I don't really want to start any issues!!
I think this is a bad idea. Something that I would recommend instead, is not update until after the person either updates once, or has like 3 badges (your choice on which one you would choose). Not updated new people's stuff will make the already shy average new poster not want to do the challenge. If the challengeer/champion list is for ANYONE, I feel like it should be for the new poster. They've probably lurked here for a while, and seeing their name up on the list will make them feel better about themselves. Plus, there are some 50+ posters that I've seen that do the exact same thing :P

Maybe combine the duo and trio species challenges. In fact, iirc one of the versions had them both together. I don't think combining them with the solo is a good idea though. Having the only restriction be a limit to 2 Pokemon is not even close to being on the same level of challenge of soloing RBY with a Pidgeot/Fearow with 0 type coverage. Plus, the solo is big enough that it doesn't need any added traffic.

As far as stepping on toes, this brings me way way way back to before there was a challenge board. Back in the day, the challenges were just posted on their individual generation boards (Metal/Color, RSEFRLG, etc. I went to each board and asked the OPs of each of the solo threads if they wouldn't mind me taking over (granted, back then they weren't updated or posted in very frequently, I'm sure it would be different now). Eventually, I got all the solo challenges, which I united under one post, and the same for all the monotypes (other than the ultimate). It was quite a bit of work getting to all the OPs (again, would be much easier now that they're already here and not scattered), but most people won't get mad at you if you ask nicely. They might say no, but its worth a shot if we're bettering the challenge board.

PokeHacks11
August 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I was wondering if there has been any challenges for the Pokemon Trading Card Game on gameboy color.

11wildy
August 9th, 2013, 11:04 PM
You could also think up one yourself, as the game really isn't very pupolar. You could try to monotype or nuzlocke it I suppose. or a solo challenge if you're crazy enough (well, my best deck on it has only 1 Pokemon)

Necrum
August 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Does anyone else running challenges have people signing up and putting something other than their username in the username field of the sign up form? It's really annoying.

Dixie Kong
August 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM
YES. Before I left for band camp, I was noticing that left and right. ._. I always say "username:" when I make sign ups in my challenges, so idk how that happens.

11wildy
August 21st, 2013, 11:48 PM
I am a little bit confused. I thought I had put up my challenge for approval, but it wasn't in unapproved challenges, but neither is it in the topics list?

myrrhman
August 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
I don't know why people put that in signups though. Is it that hard to look to the left of the screen to see usernames?

Dixie Kong
August 22nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
I am a little bit confused. I thought I had put up my challenge for approval, but it wasn't in unapproved challenges, but neither is it in the topics list?

Yours is there, it's just lower to the bottom cause it had been sitting there unapproved for a while cause I was gone. Just contact me next time instead of bringing it up in here, cause then it'd be brought to my attention quicker.

I don't know why people put that in signups though. Is it that hard to look to the left of the screen to see usernames?

Easier to copy/paste when they put it in their sign up form tbh. Especially weird usernames like m8eyultr4finenla. Usernames I know well, like your or Necrum, I just type those in, but there are harder ones and it's easier to copy it out of the post than the link in their postbit cause you might accidentally click the link or something stupid. And having your username looks more official imo. They've just always been like that, even before this forum was created.

Necrum
August 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it saves a lot of time when updating threads, especially more popular ones like Monotype. I mean, switching between windows and tabs to see a name that's hard to remember is not fun, and copying from the area where a person's username is displayed always seems to cause a bunch of really weird problems. Plenty of other things on this site also have Username on the sign ups, like tourneys for example, and even club sign ups. Any form in real life is gonna require a name, not having Username at the top would make it look funky in my opinion.

Mega Mawile
August 24th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Hello, if this is not the place for this, please let me know.

I've been running the Hunger Games Challenge for about 8 months now, and it's been fun, but I'm not sure how much longer I can manage it. I haven't been able to participate for a long time, considering my old computer sucked and my new computer doesn't have my files. Also, school has just started, and that has been taking up a lot of my time as well. If anyone would be interested in taking over the challenge, just message me, and we can get that arranged. Again, if this is the wrong place for this, please tell me where I can post this. Thanks!

Necrum
August 24th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is definitely the right place. I personally know nothing about the Hunger Games, so it's not really something for me, but I'm sure someone wants it.

In other news, I'm almost done updating my Monotype Challenge after over a month! Yay! Gonna be posting info about how XY is gonna be handled within it later today, so anyone playing Monotype should keep an eye out.

Xaldin
August 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Speaking of going afk,i've been gone for a while,and i'm now in my Senior year of HS,but somehow,I have time for this stuff again :P. so i'll get back on some stuff I've been stalled on,and maybe start some new stuff when I can.

JayD
August 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM
So I'm almost done with my Olympian God challenge that I'm making. Hopefully this challenge will be a hit, because I put so much effort into it! xD

ShinyNuzLover
September 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Well there could be a challenge where you can only catch the 6 Pokemon that'll be on your final team. Not sure if someone posted something like hat but thought I should post it anyway...

Dixie Kong
September 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Just a little over a month till we have to update challenges to XY standards! Gonna be fun. :) New Favorite Challenge will be posted in December, hopefully. I think I said that or January is when it will go up. It's gonna be interesting with a new type.

I gotta do a major update on the event tomorrow. I would have done it today, but I'm just way too tired. I got home at 3:30 AM and had to get back up at 9 to go to work, so I've just been trying to chill out today. Got a lot of personal stuff causing me grief too, but oh well, it'll pass. I'll be doing the raffle winners tomorrow after I update as well, so that'll be fun. Mac did a great job RNGing the prizes. <3

JayD
September 1st, 2013, 09:31 PM
Challenge section will have to get sooo many update with the upcoming Fairy types! Can you handle all those updates all by yourself, Syd? :P

And I hope your IRL problems get settled ASAP! Personal problems are just the worst you can ever have!
Can't wait to see who the winners are for the raffle :)

11wildy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
I'm looking forward to gen 6 too! And Syd, if you ever need any support, you can always vm/pm me, I'll be happy to help!

Bestwaffles
September 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
So, recently I've had a lot of free time and thought it would be great to run a challenge of my own! I have come up with a few ideas, but I have decided that a good idea might be a Date of Birth challenge, where Pokemon are assigned to a person based on their (Surprise surprise) DOB. I've come up with a few ideas as to how this would work, and also not restrict the selection of Pokemon available. Basically, using three different and simple equations, three different Pokemon can be assigned from the respective regional Pokedex of game the challenger has chosen. I'm still fine tuning what these equations might be, but my ideas for them are:

1. Adding the day, month and last two digits of the year together.
2. The day multiplied by the generation of game chosen.
3. The month multiplied by the generation of the game chosen, squared. (As in squaring the generation value)

The problem I was having was the B2/W2 regional Pokedex having 300 Pokemon, whereas, most others have around 150-200. I made it possible to achieve any number between 1-300 (I think), but if the challenger has selected a different game, they might get a number that's too high. My idea for a possible solution would be to half the number to find a suitable one. Also, if people didn't want to post their DOB, the challenge would have the rules for assigning yourself the Pokemon, so they won't have to.

Any comments, advice or other ideas for this quiz would be greatly appreciated :)

Dixie Kong
September 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Favorite Challenge will just get remade entirely (a few months after XY's release though, so people have time to get the game), Gender Dis will need a new list, TCG will just...update on it's own, since you can look at XY Base Set on Serebii or Bulbapedia, and Gym Leader will probably be the biggest pain to update. ...Did I miss one? That's all I'm running, I think. lol

Also, I'm having a big brain fart trying to understand all the math in that DOB challenge. Don't make me do math waaaah.

Edit: YO someone should sign up for Gym Leader so it doesn't die. :( Remember, revival rule in here is two months instead of one. It'll be two months old on September 13th if no one updates or signs up, and I really don't wanna have to remake it and replay it. ~_~ I worked hard on that one guys sob sob

JayD
September 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hmm, I was planning on doing another challenge but since you need help for the Gym Leader thread I'll help you out Syd and bump it. Because I know how difficult it is to invent a good challenge and then preparing the thread, just for it to die out >.<

Edit: Btw, Syd. I finished the challenge with my Lt. Surge run. You forgot to put that one in the Gym Heroes section :(

myrrhman
September 2nd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Damz I was going to be the hero, but Jz beat me to it.

Bestwaffles
September 3rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
Also, I'm having a big brain fart trying to understand all the math in that DOB challenge. Don't make me do math waaaah.
Would posting an example make it easier to understand?

So, My date of birth is 12/24/1994, if I were playing a Generation 3 game, that would give me:

1. 24+12+94=130 Which would give me Crawdaunt.
2. 24x3=72 Gives me Aggron
3. 12x3x3=108 Gives me Koffing

If we wrote it as MM/DD/YY, it would be:

1. DD+MM+YY
2. DD x (Generation of game)
3. MM x (Generation of game)^2

I think the idea is sound, I just need to work out the kinks.

Sora
September 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
So I'm almost done with my Olympian God challenge that I'm making. Hopefully this challenge will be a hit, because I put so much effort into it! xD
I am totally doing this challenge when you put it up, Jz! I've been much into the Olympian Gods (especially with the series I've been into recently) and my heart jumped a little when I saw this post. Can't wait! ♥

Though I have a few other challenges to do and I wasn't able to complete last months event challenge due to irl things I'm slowing getting back into the swing of progressing in my challenges. Updated one of 'em today and it felt nice so yeah.

@Bestwaffles: so the max amount of Pokemon you would have in your challenge would be only three? I've never had a team of only three before but it'll be interesting if I decide to try out the birthday challenge. While testing the equations on a few regions all the ones I did look at are Pokemon that I have never used before so it would certainly be worth my time.

molivious
September 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Hello guys, it's been a while. Not like anyone would care, but I've really been busy lately and I was forced to stay away from "non-productive" activities in the past few weeks -- such as finishing the event challenge ;_;. But anyway, not here to write a blog, I'm just dropping by to leave an idea that I was trying to bring into life before I got sucked into the void.

Idea's "Title": Challenge League (i ambitiously was aiming to make this a sticky topic X3)
Aim/Goal: To keep the challenge forum and it's challenges fun, colorful, and constantly active. There seems to be people seeking some reward off the challenges they join -- and I thought that this may be just what they were looking for.
Notes about the challenge thread & some rules:

- Every year, the Challenge League thread releases a selected theme, a SET of rules and a set of new "badges/titles" (in the form of "progressive" userbars -- explained later).
- For each badge/title, a participant must choose a challenge among the threads posted in this forum, and submit a registration for this thread and that one.
Take note that the Challenge League's rules must be followed ALONG WITH the rules of the challenge a participant has chosen to take. No exceptions. Queries about rule conflicts may be brought to the CI&D thread. Well it would make more sense once you see the registration form.
- If a participant signs up for a specific challenge thread (for example, the Gym Leader Challenge) for obtaining a badge/title, he may not use that same challenge to acquire another badge/title. In short, the participant is encouraged to play 13 different challenges to acquire all titles. (8 from "Gym Leader rules", 4 from "Elite Four rules" and finally, 1 from the "Champion rule")

As long as you're not repeating it in the same League, it's still okay to repeat a challenge later on. (E.g you may use the Gym Leader Challenge to acquire Leader Title 1 in Challenge league 2013, and redo it to acquire the Champion Title in Challenge League 2014.)

- [Omitted] For participants using the provided random challenge generator, he will not be forced to "de-select" specific rules. So, even if he/she gets a similar randomized result, it would not prevent him from acquiring a badge -- this rule disregards the rule above.

Unfortunately, the random challenge generator I've been planning to finish has been put to a complete stop. It actually would've been a perfect tool for this challenge (for those who don't want to bother scanning through other threads)... things happened, so sorry guys.

- [Omitted] If the participant chooses to do a challenge created by the random challenge generator, he/she must post a screenshot of the challenge and post it here as part of his/her registration form. He/she must also post his/her progress in this thread.
The participant may not skip a title. He must acquire 12 titles before he could accept the Champion title. If not, his entry would be invalid and would not be recorded into this thread's Hall of Fame.

----------- more notes ------------
About the different sets of rules: these rules are based on the theme. And there should be 4 sets in total.

2 sets in total for beating the Challenge Threads' first 8 titles -- rules 1-4 will be simple, while rules 5-8 will have an additional rule or two for more "challenge"
1 set for the "elite four" challenges. This set could be completely different from the previous 8, or if not, it will add yet another rule or two to the previous challenges for more difficulty. Take note that it must be difficult to achieve, as you are aiming to acquire an "elite" title from four challenges.
The last set is for the champion, and must be strictly hard. Like the note above, it may be a revision of the previous sets, or a completely different set -- just make sure that you still follow the theme. This alone should make the whole Challenge League a battle of the greatest.

About the theme: Themes could vary. When i was planning to create a thread for this, the theme was "adventure". I thought that an "adventure" best describes the first steps towards the development of the challenge thread. But it could really be anything -- unity, friendship, holidays, math, technology, potatoes, cheese... you get the point.

About the titles: Titles are also based on the themes, and as mentioned, are hand-made userbars. The badges/symbols are merely a treat for people to stare at XD. An example set of titles I have made for the "adventure" theme is:
1st title - Challenge Novice (badge symbol: Branch/stick)
2nd Title - Challenge Amateur (symbol: Compass/cross)
5th title - Challenge Seeker (symbol: telescope/bino)
7th title - Challenge Adept (book)
8th Title - Challenge Ace (star....with a smile. lol)
Elite Title - Challenge Expert
Champion Title - Challenge Master

** this describes what I meant by "progressive". If you've played many RPGs like I do, then you know about upgrading/promoting yourself/your characters into better jobs and classes. lulz. I just had to do it.

** initially, I was supposed to create a set of userbars which, if put together/side-by-side, would create a complete picture or well, symbol. As if they are pieces of a puzzle. But eh, now i have no time... and i'm not very artistic to begin with.

Sample?
- Challenge League -
Theme of the year (2013): Adventure!
League Rules:
- Leader Titles 1-4 (Explorer -> blah -> blah -> halb)-

Must give all pokemon a proper nickname (c'mon guys, AAA is too harsh)
Must capture 30+ pokemon over the course of your playthrough
Must meet all the legendary pokemon (excluding roaming pokemon) to complete your adventure!
Must keep a full party AND swap 2 of your pokemon for every gym battle starting the 3rd gym. (i forgot who suggested this, i had names on notepad, but i couldn't find my file XD)

- Leader Titles 5-8 (etc -> etc -> etc -> etc)-
In addition/revision to the rules above...

Must capture a total of 60+ pokemon instead of 30+
You may not use items in battle (berries are allowed)
You may only use 5 pokemon at most (that includes any HM slave)

- Elite Titles (...)-

You must switch Battle style to SET.
You must only use 3 pokemon at most (you may reserve one spot for an HM slave, but the HM slave must, by all means, not be used for battling or even sacrifice for that Dragonite's hyperbeam)

- Champion Title (...)-

You may only have 1 fully evolved pokemon. And if any, you may only have 1 non-evolving pokemon in your team (if you have a Heracross, then you can no longer bring a Groudon).

- Userbars -
picture
picture
picture
etc.

Forms
*Registration* form:
Name: Molivious
League: 2013
Current Title: None (if you have a title, provide link to your completion form)
Entry: Gym Leader Challenge (provide link to your registration form in that thread, or if you have a randomized challenge, post link to screenshot)

*Progress* form: (may or may not be optional... idk)
Registration form: (provide link to your registration form)
Current progress: (provide link to thread where you have completed your progress, OR if you used the random challenge generator, post your current progress here enclosed in a spoiler)

*Completion* form:
Acquired Title: Explorer
Registration form: (provide link to the registration form above)
Proof of completion: (provide link to thread where you have completed your challenge)

*** You will be required to post a *registration* and *completion* form for every title you are trying to acquire.
*** In total, for 13 titles, you would have 26 posts minimum in this thread and would have accepted 13 different challenges across the board, including the rules in this thread. Con-freaking-gratulations!

Previous Leagues (I suppose reserving post #2 would be an acceptable place to put these in)

- Challenge League 2012 -
- League Rules -
etc
etc
** You may still accept and aim to acquire the titles of these challenges.

well, there it goes. I really found this interesting.. and i hope it would one day be turned into reality. Edit: Yup, it should definitely look fancier than this boring wall of text.

In any case, have fun doing challenges everyone! See ya later~

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2013, 09:59 AM
That makes much more sense, BestWaffles! Haha. Sorry about my bad math. Posting an example formula makes it much easier for those like me. ;) I like the idea though. Maybe you could add in three more Pokemon without having to use math, though. Like a Pokemon representative of the month you were born in or something. Unless you want to keep it a three Pokemon thing, then that's fine too.

Sora
September 3rd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm been throwing this idea around for a Seasonal Challenge (the idea of picking your Pokemon depending on what season you choose) but I need to first open up one of my games so I can do the challenge myself. I don't think there is a challenge like that right now though, so maybe I can start working on it while finishing up one of my current challenges and then putting up that one once I can do it myself?

JayD
September 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM
I'm been throwing this idea around for a Seasonal Challenge (the idea of picking your Pokemon depending on what season you choose) but I need to first open up one of my games so I can do the challenge myself. I don't think there is a challenge like that right now though, so maybe I can start working on it while finishing up one of my current challenges and then putting up that one once I can do it myself?

Seasonal challenge sounds pretty cool. I would join it myself. There's also a temperature Challenge where you specific types depending on the weather you'll have in the next following 5 days. It sounds pretty similar but yours is seasons while that one is temperature :D

I also read the Challenges on Motorcycles posts from 2010 & 2011 and I saw some really good ideas from back then. Like for example, The Random Word Challenge. Where you use a Random Name Generator and get something then build your team around that. For example, you get the word 'Claw', so your team could be Sandslash, Zangoose & Kabutops :)

11wildy
September 3rd, 2013, 08:18 PM
I remember the random word challenge, it was really cool and got me to think of the theme a lot! I think my team had 2 rock/ground types and 2 water/flying types :p.

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
I'm about to go to bed, so I just want to post in here and remind everyone that if you participated in the event last month, please check out my latest post in that thread if you haven't already! It's very important. :)

Xaldin
September 4th, 2013, 02:54 AM
The next event challenge i gotta get a piece of. I keep missing them. :l

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Seasonal challenge sounds pretty cool. I would join it myself. There's also a temperature Challenge where you specific types depending on the weather you'll have in the next following 5 days. It sounds pretty similar but yours is seasons while that one is temperature :D

I also read the Challenges on Motorcycles posts from 2010 & 2011 and I saw some really good ideas from back then. Like for example, The Random Word Challenge. Where you use a Random Name Generator and get something then build your team around that. For example, you get the word 'Claw', so your team could be Sandslash, Zangoose & Kabutops :)
Ooooo the temperature challenge sounds fun! I would probably have a mix between a rain and a sun team because it's been between rain and sun well... since summer began haha. Might be more interesting when Fall/Winter gets near. But in general it would probably also be an easier challenge to set up; I've started sorting out the Pokemon for the Seasonal Challenge Winter would definitely be the hardest season to do cause like what else am I suppose to put other than ice pokemon and a few others?

The Random Word challenge sounds pretty fun! Though there are so many other challenges I want to do and complete right now if that one popped up I don't know what I would do. I seriously should just focus on beating one of my current challenges aha.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Yeaaa! I only got two cartridges in which I can do challenges on, because all of my DS games, I use them for Pokedex completion or for my trading thread xD
And there's just soooo many challenges I wanna do right now!

I only use FireRed or Ruby for challenges, and I'm getting quite bored of them. I might get Soul Silver, Platinum and Black 2 so my challenge would be more diverse :)

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Most of my challenge games other than FireRed are, sadly, ROMS. I want more actual cartridges so I'm not breaking the law or anything (though honestly I did at some point own all the games I have ROMs for other than Heart Gold) but I don't have the money for it. Like... HG was $40 last time I want to a video game store and when I saw that I was happen that I got Fire Emblem: Awakening instead.

That said I technically have two cartridges I can do a challenge on? Crystal that was for the event and Gold that I downloaded for some reason or another. But I still should finish what I have on FireRed, Emerald, HeartGold, and Platinum first.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I just have a pet peeves for ROMS. I rather have the physical copy =/
I don't really enjoy a Pokemon game on a ROM, lol :(

Because, when I'm done with a challenge, I transfer those Pokemon to another Pokemon game so they don't become a waste.

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Me too. I avoided for the longest time before realizing that it was really the only way to get into Challenges. I still don't like it (I like playing Crystal and Gold more on my phone since it's more portable than my laptop) but it's something I'm sucking up to so I can enjoy the amazing challenges that are here.

I really wished I could do that. But after losing Pokemon so many times to my stupidity anyways I suppose overtime I found it more and more pointless. It's why I don't touch the majority of my Pokemon games though. My White version is honestly the only game that I have that I can play and then trade my teams over to another game (black 2) before restarting and be willing to restart (cause I ain't ever restarting Soul Silver. Contemplated Ruby but eh...).

Oh and FireRed. I do remember transferring my Monotype team over to Soul Silver when I was done with that.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Yea, it sucks when you don't have money to buy legit copies and you're forced to use ROMs because Gen II games are hard to find =/

And in other news, I'm reviving the Pokemon Cycle Challenge!
Where you have to use a team of pokemon that is super effective against one another
For Example: Water > Ground > Poison > Grass :)
And to make it even fun for people to join, people that are currently doing the challenge can assign the team to other persons.

For example, I join the challenge and someone is requesting a team for Grass > Water > Fire, I can choose which Pokemon he will be using!

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Ugh yeah. I do have a Crystal but I don't really have any way to trade my Pokemon onto my Silver so I'm stuck there. And my Gold was lost years ago. :(

ooo that sounds like a fun challenge! I just decided that I'm going to do a Solo Challenge with Furret on White because I've been wanting to and I just don't have the motivation to continue the current challenge I have on my White (training ten Pokemon is hard). That and after this convo I want to do a challenge on an actual cartridge for a while haha. After that I'll probably be finished with making the Seasonal Challenge so I'll be putting that up!

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM
All this talk about different challenges really makes me wanna get more games! xD

Which challenge are you currently doing? Training ten Pokemon? O.o

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Before I decided to do the Solo challenge I was doing a challenge where I went through the game with Ash's team. I used the Pokemon that he used in each gym battle, evolved them when he evolved them (if he even did) and same movesets. And since well... he had ten Pokemon switching around in Unova I was inevitably training ten Pokemon. I managed to get to the sixth badge before realizing a few things and I just lost motivation from there.

Frankly compared to that I think a solo challenge with a Furret is going to be easier haha.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Wow, how about Kanto? iirc, that's the region where he caught the most Pokemon, right?
And I'm currently doing two challenges now! I'm doing the Pokemon Cycle challenge & the Gym Leader challenge.

But, I don't know what my team is gonna be for the Pokemon Cycle challenge yet, since someone else is supposed to assign it to me :P

Xaldin
September 4th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I'm waiting on someone to assign me a team for the Random Challenge. Tbh,i'm kinda scared about what I'm gonna get. I don't want a Wobbuffet. ._.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I remember on the past Cycle Challenge thread, I got myself a Feebas. Omg... never again.

I'd take a Wobbuffet over a Feebas anytime.

Xaldin
September 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I guess that would be true,though I still wouldn't like the fact of training a poke on counter hits only :/

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
True, haha!

At least you get good damage if you out-predict your opponent :P

Dixie Kong
September 4th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I think that if you got Feebas, they'd swap it for something else. It says in the rules that Pokemon like that, Caterpie, Kakuna, etc need to be swapped cause that's too hard. I'm sure someone somewhere would love the challenge of using those Pokemon though.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 05:21 PM
We were allowed to evolve them tho, that's the good part :P

Dixie Kong
September 4th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Oh. When I assign teams, I always list final evolutions and not NFEs, unless that person wanted NFEs.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Oh! Sorry if you misunderstood! The person showed me a Milotic. But the only thing that passed through my head was "Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing.... Noooooo!"

Xaldin
September 4th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Oh! Sorry if you misunderstood! The person showed me a Milotic. But the only thing that passed through my head was "Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing.... Noooooo!"

So much waiting for that one fish....

Dixie Kong
September 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
OH I thought you meant someone gave you a Feebas. Like a straight Feebas. XD I do remember when you had that for a challenge though! Terribad.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Having to use Feebas and not allowed to evolve it? I'd rather get a Magikarp! At least it's common, LOL!

And yea, that was the only challenge I haven't been able to complete because I gave my Feebas too much berries and I couldn't get it's Beauty maxed out >.<

Sora
September 4th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Wow, how about Kanto? iirc, that's the region where he caught the most Pokemon, right?
And I'm currently doing two challenges now! I'm doing the Pokemon Cycle challenge & the Gym Leader challenge.

But, I don't know what my team is gonna be for the Pokemon Cycle challenge yet, since someone else is supposed to assign it to me :P
Kanto he kept switching out Pokemon and releasing Pokemon, but at least he wasn't cycling them around as much! And for the "pokemon league" i would probably just take the Pokemon he had during his last match when he was knocked out haha. But yeah Kanto I think would be pretty bad as well. Sinnoh would be a blast though! Actually had a pretty good team in the Sinnoh region.

Ugh Feebas. One reason why I'm glad I've used Milotic before taking on challenge since I'm doing this to use Pokemon I've never used before and such! Or not used very much or something along the lines haha. I was lucky when I found Feebas on my Emerald (before I lost it) and ... idk how I got Feebas on Pearl (before I lost it fjdks) but knowing me my luck wouldn't be so ... lucky if I tried having a Milotic on a team again.

Well I did quite a bit on the Solo Challenge today. Much easier when I don't have to use my phone or my computer ugh I want more hard copies.

JayD
September 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Haha you and me both, Tara! I just downloaded an Emulator to play Pokemon Gold on my phone because of all this talk about Emulators and whatnot! So right now, I got 3 challenges I'm going for! xD

Althought I'm waiting for the other one to be accepted onto the forum by Sydian :3

Dixie Kong
September 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Hey guys! Raffle winners in the event have been announced and the thread is opened up for a few more days. Go tell them congrats, and give Mac a thank you for RNGing the prizes! He did an amazing job. :D Don't growl too much if you didn't win, cause you still get a really cool emblem that I think you'll enjoy. :3

11wildy
September 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Well, I'm happy that I won, at least all the effort for finishing on time didn't go to waste :D. I will be sure to train it into a cute and fluffy Altaria! :)

(Or I could ev train it even :o)

JayD
September 6th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Congratz to all 4 of you, pretty disappointed I didn't win neither prize but tbh, I'd only be using it for Pokedex completion and shiny Pokemon collection. Glad it went to other people. Especially Wildy, since he will be training it.

At least I get a nice emblem, I always love receiving new ones.

Xaldin
September 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I wonder what the next event challenge is gonna be? :o

Sora
September 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Congrats to those who won the prizes! I didn't expect to since I almost never win raffles (haven't since like... third grade and that was because I had a million entry things) so it's all good haha ♥

Can anyone name any non-ice Pokemon that could possibly be "winter" pokemon? Been trying to work out lists for the Seasonal Challenge and I need more Winter Pokemon (the other seasons are okay its just winter).

Xaldin
September 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Snorlax is like a Snowman to me. :P
Sawsbuck and Stantler,respectively
Chimecho if you count it as a jingle bell of sorts.

JayD
September 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Persian, Reminds me of a lynx that is mostly a northern animal

Goldeen & Kindra looks like animals that loves cold water.

Wailord since there's a good number of wails in cold water.

Sharpedo, they have some sharks that lives in the north!

Sora
September 6th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Deerling is in all seasons because it has a form for each season. So basically if you're going to use Deerling/Sawsbuck you have to make sure you have the correct one and make sure you play the whole challenge in the same season so it doesn't change forms on you (an extra challenge if you will).

Goldeen/Seaking are in Autumn because of Seaking's Pokedex entries (it spawns in Autumn and is legit one of the only Pokemon that mentions a season at all. Out of the Pokemon I have gone through I think the only other one is Venusaur). But I'll definitely consider the other ones!

JayD
September 6th, 2013, 08:43 PM
I don't know if you already added this one, but Starmie and Staryu. They remind me of the stars that people would put on top of their Christmas tree.

Xaldin
September 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Because of Aggron's Cry,it reminds me of the Polar Express Movie. so that may be an option.

11wildy
September 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
How about Sudowoodo for a winter Pokemn, as an alternative Christmas tree, instead of Abomasnow?

And I'm pretty sure I'll like the new emblem, I like collecting them? xp

JayD
September 7th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Sudowoodo can be the Christmas tree when all the pines have fallen :P

Sora
September 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Sudowoodo I think I have in autumn or spring for kinda of the same reason as Seaking? I don't believe it was a Pokedex entry though but something on its bulbapedia page said that it can't blend in with the trees in the winter so it would have been more suited for a season that has trees it can blend with.

But I can definitely see about tossing Staryu/Starmie in there since I don't believe there was anything specific for them and I haven't looked at Aggron's at all so if it doesn't counter anything then I can put it in Winter. ♥

Lulu
September 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
o.O I see lots of suggestions but I have no idea what we're talking about xD Christmas event? xD I'm game *-* there has to be a Glaceon >.>
oh and yay! Syd's been a good momma Altaria for 4 years now *-*
I hope you don't ever leave us, tiny birdies >u<

JayD
September 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'd imagine what the theme for a Halloween challenge would be :P

Xaldin
September 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Or a Thanksgiving Challenge! I want to use the birds that i may or may not eat in the future. :L

JayD
September 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Thanksgiving, hmm. When IS thanksgiving, btw?

Edit: Nvm, checked myself :P

Xaldin
September 11th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I don't get my next vacation weeks until Thanksgiving,so it needs to get here fast. :l

JayD
September 11th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I'm still not sure when my next day off is. Since I start at 8:10 in the morning every day and end at 4:10 in the afternoon except for friday, I really want a day off :P

Although, our teacher gave us a half day today, which is really nice ^^

Dixie Kong
September 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I can assure you there's no Halloween challenge this year. Sorry! Gotta change things up a bit every year, ya know? Can't keep celebrating the same holidays with challenges all the time. That being said, who's ready for Groundhog's Day Challenge in February?!

Oh lol. A Labor Day challenge where you can't use White Pokemon.

JayD
September 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
That sucks, I wasn't active last October, boohoo :(

Groundhog's Day challenge omg, sounds fun :P

How about Christmas?!

Dixie Kong
September 11th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure about Christmas. We've had a Christmas event every year, so the idea feels a bit tired, so maybe we could give January a spin for something. I can't think of any theme that January brings us, so it might just be some other type of challenge, but we'll wait and see what comes about. :)

JayD
September 12th, 2013, 12:58 PM
New Year's is the only thing that comes to mind when I think about January, haha :P

Necrum
September 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM
What if we used something like Hanukkah as the basis for a challenge? A change from the usual.

JayD
September 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Like foreign holidays as opposed to the more mainstream ones? That seems pretty doable.

Xaldin
September 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
New Year's is the only thing that comes to mind when I think about January, haha :P

My birthday is on that month. yay.

JayD
September 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I might make the food challenge if people are actually interested in it! :P

Since this August we celebrated Syd's birthday with a challenge, next August we should celebrate my birthday since it's on August 24th, yay

myrrhman
September 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah lets have a LiteSandwich/Myrrh bbys' birthday challenges.

Dixie Kong
September 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
My inner Jewish is screaming and dancing at the thought of a Hanukkah challenge.

Xaldin
September 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Any holiday would be cool to do.
In other news:does Scooby Doo have a Pokecommunity Account? XD

Dixie Kong
September 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
No...Rydian rust reeded roo range rit. :P

Griffinbane
September 17th, 2013, 04:10 AM
I'm sorry for stealing your dentures Syd, I really am! Here! Take it back!

Xaldin
September 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
This reminded me of FR/LG,when you give the Warden his Gold Teeth back. does Syd have Golden Dentures? o-o

Dixie Kong
September 17th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I suppose I owe y'all Surf HMs now, lol.

Gfx
September 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I suppose I owe y'all Surf HMs now, lol.

He gave us Strength, silly. You got surf from the end of the Safari Zone.
Anyways, a Hanukkah challenge seems like it'd be hard to think of.
The things that you can receive from Hanukkah would be hard to make a challenge out of.

Also, I was thinking of making an education challenge. Basically, you would go through your normal life and get Pokemon based on the years.
Elementary Schoolers:
Males - Get any Reptile/Amphibian/Dinosaur Pokemon
Girls - Get any Cute Pokemon of your choice

Middle Schoolers:
Middle school is when you follow the crowd, so get any popular, common Pokemon.

High School:
Boys - Get any plant looking Pokemon (When people experiment with marijuana and stuff) or any Fighting type Pokemon(Cause of fights)
Girls - Get any Pokemon that looks like a Girl, or looks lavished in Make-up.

College:
You pick your Minor and Major, and each one gives a certain Pokemon.
If you Major in the Medical field - You get a Pokemon that has healing moves.
If your Minor is in the Writing field - You get a Dragon type Pokemon, since they are like stories and normally not real looking.

Dixie Kong
September 17th, 2013, 10:44 AM
That either shows you A. how sick I have been or B. how long it's been since I've gone through Kanto. ~_~ I just restarted FireRed for the first time in forever though, so maybe I'll get brushed up soon enough.

School challenge sounds cute. lol Major and minor might be difficult...especially when minors are not even required, so most of us in college probably don't have one. :P I suppose in my case, I could just pick the other half of my major, since it's a double. But I don't know how you'd ever represent special education as a Pokemon.

Gfx
September 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
That either shows you A. how sick I have been or B. how long it's been since I've gone through Kanto. ~_~ I just restarted FireRed for the first time in forever though, so maybe I'll get brushed up soon enough.

School challenge sounds cute. lol Major and minor might be difficult...especially when minors are not even required, so most of us in college probably don't have one. :P I suppose in my case, I could just pick the other half of my major, since it's a double. But I don't know how you'd ever represent special education as a Pokemon.

I don't mean that you use the ones you do in real life. I'll provide a list with the Challenge creation. You choose what you want based off that list. And I figured Special Education and Education would go hand-and-hand, and I'd probably do like a Psychic Type Pokemon choice. Since in the Contests Psychic moves are Smart. Teachers need to be smart. I don't know yet.

myrrhman
September 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Aww Syddy, get better bby :'(

For special education you'd have to choose between a Slowpoke or a Bidoof methinks.

CharDon
September 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hmmm... instead of a January challenge, why don't you do a Chinese New Year's challenge? It could be centered around any of these ideas:

-Color theme: red since red is important in the mythological background of Chinese New year.
-Item/Pokemon Theme: the yearly qualities such as prosperity(amulet coin), luckiness(lucky egg), health(leftovers, berries). Or even plant pokemon since plants are used to represent these qualities.
-Overall theme: Since lions and dragons are important, you could only use dragon types or get pokemon that are related to dragons and the Felidae family.
-Fireworks: Colorful pokemon or get pokemon that release some sort of effect when sent out. Ex: Shinies, pokemon that performed in the PokeStar Studios, pokeball FX(from Hoenn I think), premier balls, etc.
-Maybe even something that has to do with the fifteen days of Chinese New Year celebrations

Also, something seperate, you could do a yearly challenge based around the chinese zodiacs. Ex: next year is the year of the horse, so Zebstrika, Raphidash, or those related to the Equidae family.

Dixie Kong
September 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Well I used mine as an example because since it is my major, I'd want to pick it. I mean, it could be different for people that aren't in college yet and don't have a major, or for those that aren't there yet with no clue what they want to do, but I imagine most would want to pick what they're majoring in. Makes it more fun to use what you relate to. Besides, I think it'd take a long time to make a list of majors and minors when you consider what all schools offer and such, unless you're really up for that challenge.

For special education you'd have to choose between a Slowpoke or a Bidoof methinks.

That's not really nice though.

Halfcadence
September 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM
My state of affairs:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/6a/6a6c252b44799f2583b421a52a4eb0ceea9f41ee9895d40b156b3f76a6eebb1f.jpg

11wildy
September 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I've been like that for a long time now. Only challenge I did was the event, which I finished JUST in time.

Dixie Kong
September 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I ended up getting five badges in the event, but I never updated to that point, so my "official" badge count was only 3. ~_~ I tried, haha. I might finish that challenge anyway, just because I was having fun using Aerodactyl and friends and I never got to get my Zangoose. We'll see.

mucus
September 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
which challenge is the hardest?
I feel a need to be challenged.

Porygon Z
September 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Why was the Tri-Species Challenge thread closed? Can I eventually re-open it? :)

Dixie Kong
September 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Tri-Species was revived after two months, and you are more than welcome to submit a new thread for it! :)

which challenge is the hardest?
I feel a need to be challenged.

I've found that it depends on how you would normally play the game. Like some people would normally blaze through with one Pokemon, so solos wouldn't be hard if you were that kind of player. Nuzlocke would be my personal hardest, because it goes against my play style. You could maybe try that, since that seems to be difficult no matter how you would normally play the game, haha.

mucus
September 20th, 2013, 09:29 AM
i've been rocking the nuzlocke - volt white 2 challenge mode no less
but it feels too easy.

Xaldin
September 20th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Mono Color can be a challenge,if you pick a color such as pink,or white.

mucus
September 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
maybe i could do a challenge where 'mon have to have a stat total of 300 or less
or perhaps a NFE challenge.

Dixie Kong
September 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Christian Challenge is pretty hard, and it is kind of like an NFE basically. I think we still have one up, but it doesn't have the NFE rule for some reason iirc.

mucus
September 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7831088&postcount=1
this looks like it could be fun

Lulu
September 20th, 2013, 01:11 PM
maybe i could do a challenge where 'mon have to have a stat total of 300 or less
or perhaps a NFE challenge.

I wanted a challenge myself at some point so I started a Baby Pokémon Challenge xD (shameful advertising, I know >.>) An I heard people don't like doing that because it's hard/ takes too much time and various other reasons regarding the difficulty of such a challenge, someone even going as far as saying that they won't torture themselves >.>

Xaldin
September 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I wanted a challenge myself at some point so I started a Baby Pokémon Challenge xD (shameful advertising, I know >.>) An I heard people don't like doing that because it's hard/ takes too much time and various other reasons regarding the difficulty of such a challenge, someone even going as far as saying that they won't torture themselves >.>

baby challenge huh? I don't think i could handle that one. not cuz of the difficulty,but the fact that i can't resist evolving a pokemon. for me,its like i have to do it. o-o

though i've considered taking the location challenge next.

Porygon Z
September 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
As any mod approves, the Tri-Species Challenge thread will be open! :D

CoffeeDrink
September 21st, 2013, 03:55 PM
I had an idea for a somewhat simple challenge, koff~

Not to difficult to remember, but it might be harder later on down the line. This challenge can be set for any main game in the series, but I'd suggest trying it out on X & Y. I will partake in this challenge as soon as I receive my copy of Pokemon X Version. (and figure out how to sign up for stuff)

The Challenge: Only three pokemon can be used to battle throughout the game. That's it. Simple, right?

You can use any combination of any* three Pokemon you wish, but you must use only three at all times. The exception to the 'any' rule is this: You cannot use pokemon that you've traded for. You can trade pokemon, but you will be restricted from using them in battle. This is to prevent trading lvl 100 bidoofs and magikarps to mop the floor with. (Also lvl 100 Mewtwos, Dragonites, Metapods and the like)

The exception to this rule is when you're out catching pokemon (obviously they'll add the three that you caught to your party) but you cannot use these newly captured pokemon to battle and catch other wild pokemon. In order to be able to use them, you'll have to travel back to the pokecenter and swap out your party members in order to comply with the rules.

You can buy any item and use any item in this challenge that is available to you, however, entering trainer battles with more than three pokemon in your party will result in a frowny face and a heap of your own shame. Oh, and the challenge will fail.

Eggs do not count as party members. So as long as they haven't hatched, you should be able to enter trainer battles with them, as you'll still black out as normal. I advise against this practice, however.

You can breed as many pokemon as you want, but I suggest that you hatch the eggs near where you received them to prevent yourself from being caught in a trainer battle with a pokemon hatched one step before.

If you have a pokemon you wish to level up using an experience share, it will have to be one of the three pokemon you're using in your party.

There is no saving before a pokemon trainer battle. If they beat you fair and square, pay them their cash and be on your way. The same goes for the elite four.

There is no limit to how many times you can re-battle a trainer. Since you're only using three pokemon, so they'll need to be strong.

Battle complexes can be entered (Colosseum, Train battles, competetions, etc.) but you must still use only three pokemon. If a challenge requires you to have four or more, you will have to participate in them later.

Once you have beat the elite four in the course of this challange, these restrictions go away and you're free to do as you please.

Well, that's it. There's my idea. If you can think of any holes, please let me know and I'll find a way to stuff them, koffi~

Ajin
September 21st, 2013, 04:07 PM
How is this different from a Trio Challenge / Tri-Species Challenge or a normal run with only 3 pokemons?

CoffeeDrink
September 21st, 2013, 06:56 PM
I don't know, koffi~

I also haven't ventured too far into the challenges section, so there may already be a challenge like this. Hmm. I'll have to come up with something else then, koff~

Edit: after looking it over, there are a few differences. You can't hack pokemon or trade them from other games. You have to use every thing the vanilla game gives you. So there are a few similarities, but there are a few differences. I may even come up with more set difficulties. For instance: Ultimate mode would mean you use your starter, and the first two pokemon you catch with pokeballs. That's it. So there is a bit of wiggle room, but not by much. I can always come up with new rules. And I believe that that thread was closed.

Porygon Z
September 22nd, 2013, 03:58 AM
I tried to re-open the Tri-Species Challenge, which is pretty much similar to your idea, but it isn't open yet...

Dixie Kong
September 22nd, 2013, 10:57 AM
I just had a bundle of challenges sitting there waiting on approval and I am beyond happy to say they were all approved. This normally never happens, haha. Usually there's always some challenge that I just shake my head at, but not this time. Thanks for the great challenges and ideas, guys! <3 Makes me happy. :)

Ajin
September 22nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Okay, if the challenges I've seen are the ones I think have passed through approval, they are in no particular order:

Lotterylocke - tl;dr: Randomlocke, if you don't know what that is, you're basically randomizing encounters via RNG and hacking / cheating. I don't know the OP's stance on the Universal Randomizer but since it makes everything much easier for all involved, I don't see why s/he would have a problem with it. OP'd by monsterhair005

Tri Species / Trio - Pick three Pokemon and you're ready to go. If one or more of these Pokemon cannot be obtained before the Xth gym, you may hack it in your game at a low level, this can also be done if the Pokemon isn't available on the game of your choice. OP'd by Porygon Z

Themes - There are 12 themes for your disposal to be picked and used, basically each theme say a keyword in which all Pokemon you use must fit that - e.g.: Cute - Pokemon accepted in the Amity Park, Baby Pokemon, Pokemon in the Fairy Egg group, etc. - the exception being random, in which you just randomize any other theme to use. OP'd by facekeyboarding

Two Moves - Each Pokemon you use may only use two moves, an attacking one and a status one. Now, with more liberal rules such as no longer having a number of Pokemon limit, and having some leeway with the starter's moves. OP'd by yours truly.

Since the challenge's thread are reserved for updates, this is the place to discuss them. So, discuss them we shall.

Now, in blunt terms the Trio Challenge is nothing new, has been done a thousand times and usually get a good number of people.

The "Lotterylocke" is also nothing particularly new, at least to Nuzlockers, simple enough a challenge should get a nice number of people interested in harder challenges.

The theme challenge has variety and teaming in sets is something many people do already, so, should get a nice interest as well.

My biggest concern is , as expected, the Two Move challenge, as history has showed it isn't exactly popular. But then again, this time around we have a much more liberal ruleset, so maybe there'll be more people around this time.

Anybody has some input?

Dixie Kong
September 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
You actually are free to discuss the challenge in its thread. :o It just doesn't happen often, and it doesn't need to get too off track to where the thread becomes a type of DCC. That happened with the Shiny Hunters Challenge...which I think died off.

As far as the four challenges that got approved go, I don't really have much to say haha. We needed a new Trio thread, nothing wrong with that. I like having new and old challenges here, no matter how simple or complex. Two Moves is challenging and while I don't feel like it will get too popular, I'm sure it'll get enough to stay active for a bit and maybe gain a solid interest. Themes sounds like Laure's Dream Theme from last year or the year before, and Lotterylocke seemed different enough from the regular for me to allow it through. I don't have much stance on Nuzlocke or its variants. I never play them, lol. ;(

Ajin
September 23rd, 2013, 08:53 AM
I wasn't saying old isn't good, it's just that ... there isn't much of a discussion.
But now that you say so, it does remind me of the Laure's theme challenge.

Maybe we can revive the weird egg challenge? That was fun.

Dixie Kong
September 23rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
If someone is willing to revive it and pass out the eggs, that'd be great. It's just a hard challenge to keep up with because of that, so I wouldn't want to run it myself.

Necrum
September 23rd, 2013, 10:13 PM
Was that me? Because I think I remember saying that.

God, I have been really bad on getting my thread updated on time lately... I should have some time tomorrow to work on them maybe.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person still playing TCG challenge which is kinda disappointing because it's a really cool challenge. :(

Lulu
September 24th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Was that me? Because I think I remember saying that.

God, I have been really bad on getting my thread updated on time lately... I should have some time tomorrow to work on them maybe.

Also, I feel like I'm the only person still playing TCG challenge which is kinda disappointing because it's a really cool challenge. :(

yeah, that was you >.> and lol, I feel the same way about most the challenges I play. That I'm the only one playing them xD

Dixie Kong
September 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I would re-enter TCG if I had the time. :( I might get around to it after I finish round 2 of Gender Discrimination. It really is a fun challenge, I just assumed that people avoided looking at it because they thought it'd be heavily TCG related and most people don't seem to know how the card game works. It really isn't heavy into TCG, you just have to look at a list to pick your team and incorporating Trainers and such is optional anyway. Anyone could really get into it if they wanted.

tl;dr everyone go play tcg challenge >:(

Ajin
September 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I will as soon as I get a game free :)
And speaking of games, a question to all, is there a particular game you like to do more challenges on, is it just your favorite one or you have other criteria?

Buzz Buzz
September 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I like to do challenges on Fire Red (especially solo runs). I used to get 'stuck' on certain places and had to look something up to find my way through or out and Fire Red (and Leaf Green, Red, Blue, ...) is the only game where I can find my way blind :p
(Gen II games (Crystal, Silver, Gold) are probably my least favorite games do to challenges on, because the Pokémon are all so low leveled (at least I think they are) and it gets hard to train your own.)

Dixie Kong
September 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I do most of my challenges on RSE and whatever the latest generation is (that being gen V just for a little longer!). RSE are easy and quick for me to play through, and Hoenn is my favorite region. And playing the latest generation will give me the maximum variety for team options. :)

Xaldin
September 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I've been doing the majority of my challenges on Fire Red and pokemon Black/White 2. Unova's grown on me,and I love the variety of pokemon I use in these challenges. Monocolor seems neat,so thats the one i might go with the most.

Porygon Z
September 25th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Did ever existed some kind of challenge where your Pokémon can't get any STAB moves?

Xaldin
September 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Omg. there's so many sets to pick from for the Tcg challenge. idk what to pick ._.
Nevermind. My sign up for it is posted!

Ajin
September 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Did ever existed some kind of challenge where your Pokémon can't get any STAB moves?

I've seen people do it with Nuzlockes, that and superless runs (no Super Effective moves may be used if possible) but I don't think I've ever seen a thread for it here. It seems like a fun prospect though.

Necrum
September 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM
And speaking of games, a question to all, is there a particular game you like to do more challenges on, is it just your favorite one or you have other criteria?
I most often seem to play LeafGreen and HeartGold. Black 2 and White 2 are certainly close contenders now though. They are really fun and have great variety.

Dixie Kong
September 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM

I know we've had one before, but I don't remember how long it lasted.

myrrhman
September 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM

Red and Blue all the way! Genwunners unite!

SnowpointQuincy
September 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Maybe this already exists, but a nuzlocke where you only get one pokemon of each type, for a total of 17/18. When you encounter a pokemon, and one of its types is a type you don't have, you must catch it. If all 17/18 die, that's it.

"Ultimate 18 Challenge"

1. Feint = death, like normal

2. If you encounter a pokemon with a type you don't have, you must catch a pokemon of that species. (if you miss your chance you can try again. you MUST get one.)

3. The catching restriction only applies to what type each pokemon is at the time of captured. If it changes type later, ignore it. Charmander only counts as fire, even though he picks up a second type later.

Dual-Types are handled like this: You catch a charmander, you can never capture slugma, but if Macargo is in the wild you can catch him as your rock type.

Dixie Kong
September 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Isn't that Typelocke? I may be wrong though. Hard to keep up with all the Nuzlocke variants, lol. ~_~

Natnew
September 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
maybe a challenge where catching is forbidden. I could start it but I'm not sure if it's good enough.

Ajin
September 26th, 2013, 12:50 PM
That's the Gift Pokemon challenge, it's been done before, so I wouldn't really worry about it not being good enough. Just make your thread concise and organized that it shouldn't have trouble getting approval.

Natnew
September 27th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I tried, and it didn't get approval. hasn't been 24 hours yet, though.

Dixie Kong
September 27th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I mean, I know you some of you guys may think I live on the site and stay in this very section, hawk-eyeing it every 5 seconds for new challenges, but...

SURPRISE!

I have a life. ;)

TwilightBlade
September 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I have a haptic tattoo that vibrates whenever something is going on here on the forums. B)

Now, if only I could decently update my three challenges in progress, lol.

Necrum
September 27th, 2013, 04:12 PM
*glares at Blade*

Peoples should come to #swablunest (http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23swablunest). It's a chat room for Challenges.

Dixie Kong
September 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I need to get back to being active in there. It's hard to with school and band and me trying to get a social life though. :( I'll come in there for a bit tonight though, since I skipped out on the jazz concert...why did i do that sob sob

Necrum
September 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Ya know, I revived The Ones That Got Away on the idea that there was a good bit of interest in it, but it keeps freezing up. From what I can tell, the old thread was one of the most successful threads in Challenges' history, so why is my version of it failing? Anybody got thoughts on this?

Dixie Kong
September 29th, 2013, 02:45 PM
No clue, really. :( It just happens, I guess. Not to mention this time of year, most people are going back to school and all. I'll try to play during my free time soon and get an update in there for ya, but I've got a busy week ahead of me so idk. :<

myrrhman
September 29th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'm in the middle of moving, and am really trying to beat Civ 5 right now, but I DID pick Trozei back up. I was really bad, which hurt me, because I got really good at that game. Need to keep playing so I don't lose any mad skillz.

Lulu
September 30th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Ya know, I revived The Ones That Got Away on the idea that there was a good bit of interest in it, but it keeps freezing up. From what I can tell, the old thread was one of the most successful threads in Challenges' history, so why is my version of it failing? Anybody got thoughts on this?

I barely get any time to play anymore xD I'm kinda focusing on my monotypes too atm, tbh xD gotta finish those before it's too late xD

11wildy
September 30th, 2013, 05:12 AM
It's time that's blocking me from playing too. all I'm doing is playing my diamond monoflying once in a awhile.

Just take your time, there's no pressure on doing challenges :).

Dixie Kong
September 30th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Is everyone ready to revamp their challenges to suit XY players?!?! I have four challenges...

-runs off to the ocean and drowns- Too many things to update omg. At least I get to wait til February to update TCG. XY Base Set isn't out till then. Though technically, that challenge will update itself since I link to Bulbapedia's list of theme decks and sets and what not, so when they update, TCG challenge will be updated. ...That was easy.

11wildy
September 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
My challenges never got popular, so nothing to update >.>

And if you ever think of drowning, we will all come and get you out of that ocean Syd, no worries^^

What will the first challenge be that you will do on XY, guys? For me it will definitely be a monotype. Probably fire or so :P.

Dixie Kong
October 1st, 2013, 07:39 AM
When I revamp the Favorite Challenge after I get Y, that'll be my first XY challenge. It should be around December. It all depends on when I get Y tbh, but I mean, that also gives everyone else a chance to get the game and play through for the first time (or on another challenge if they really wanted to).

Fairy monotypes are gonna be popular I'm sure. I plan on doing one in the future.

Kirky
October 9th, 2013, 02:13 AM
TRAINER NATURE

RULES
1) You aren't allowed to use hacks, unless your generated pokemon can't be obtained earlier in the game (please ask first if you're unsure). ROMs are allowed
2) Trades aren’t allowed unless you are evolving a pokemon
3) You aren’t allowed to breed your pokemon
4) You can have as many HM slaves as you want
5) Bold the second word of your post so that I know that you have read the rules
6) No matter what trainer nature you select, you must have a MINIMUM of 4 pokemon unless specified otherwise
7) You are not allowed to use legendary pokemon under any circumstances (unless necessary for the continuation of the main game such as pokemon Black/White)
8) If you want to make it more challenging then you can ask me for a specific type
9) Maximum of 3 re-draws. Need to be legitimate reasons (I will decide that myself on the reasons why you want a re-draw)
10) All pokemon will be randomly generated unless the nature’s description is in the colour red

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1) I will develop an imagefor each trainer's nature for when you complete a challenge that you can then add to your signature or store it in your collection of achievements. If a challenge requires a custom made one, I will ask you for the necessary details ONLY WHEN I HAVE NOTICED YOU HAVE FINISHED. DO NOT PM OR VM to notify me that you have finished, please of course
SIGNING UP
1) Just the traditional method.
Username: Kirky
Game: Pearl
Trainer Type: OCD

TRAINER NATURES
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Before you challenge a gym leader/the elite four/trainer of significance (eg: Red), all your pokemon must be at the same level at the beginning of the battle. If you faint when you face a gym leader/the elite four/trainer of significance and you have a higher level pokemon in your party, you must level up to make them even or load the save game before you battled them
Girly Girl: You can only pick beautiful looking pokemon and each pokemon must have at least won a ribbon in the Beauty or Cute category in pokemon contests before completeing the game
Nostalgic: You can only use pokemon that were in the traditional Kanto Dex
Brave: Your pokemon have to be a minimum of five levels underneath the Gym leader’s highest level pokemon/the champion/trainer of significance (eg: Red). List of all the gym leaders Highest level pokemon are listed below
Lonely: Can only use 1 pokemon for your entire journey, this pokemon is randomly generated. This will exclude starter pokemon (if your generated pokemon can’t be obtained early in the game you can use any pokemon until you obtain the generated pokemon, but only 1, unless you want a re-draw). You’re allowed to use HM slaves in this, but they all have to be under lvl 15 (this is possible).
Quirky: Can only catch and use the first pokemon you see in each route (not including HM slaves).
Incompetent: A trainer’s nature and the pokemon you will use will be selected by me at random
Mild: Can only use the same pokemon in your party such as 4 Rattatas

COMPLETION
Your challenge is only complete when:
- R/B/Y & FR/LG: You defeat your rival when he becomes champion
- G/S/C & HG/SS: You defeat Red
- R/S/E: You defeat Steven
- P/D/Plt: You defeat Cynthia
- B/W: You defeat Alder
- B2/W2: You Defeat Iris

If anyone has any ideas for more nature’s if this challenge seems like it will be given the ‘OK’ feel free to VM

myrrhman
October 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM
The only thing I would change is taking out the first rule. I don't know for sure, but I think that most of the challengers play on emulators and ROMs. Its just easier to keep your challenges organized that way.

11wildy
October 9th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I think the idea of the challenge is interesting, but I Always do the Obsessive Compulsive disorder anyway, so I could do it without changing my play style at all. The brave one seems much more difficult, as well as the random solo one.

myrrhman
October 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
A plus of allowing emulators/ROMs is that this opens up the possibility of using the Universal Randomizer, which would make the Lonely challenge much better imo.

Kirky
October 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Ok, so I have edited the first rule. Thank you for the feedback. Feel free to be discriminative. However that is not an invitation to just say blatantly that this idea is completely crap. Also to 11wildy's mesage about the OCD nature (not having a go at you): If you do that all the time then I guess you wouldn't do that one. Possibly for some other players, they might just get there pokemon within a range of 5 levels or so or just level up their starter pokemon (I did this when I was 7).
Cheers

KittenKoder
October 9th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I may run this challenge myself, may not, but since I think it's a good idea I'm going to post the rules in case someone is interested. It will require video of the battle being uploaded, so there is a limitation on the games that could be used for it.

Cute, Cool, and Clever Challenge

All pokemon are allowed, yes, even the legendaries and event pokemon. The actual winner of a match is determined by a point system, the point totals carry from match to match if done in a tiered tournament matchup style. The points earned are as follows:

Knocking out opponent's pokemon - 1 point each one knocked out.

Cuteness factor - 2 points for every cute pokemon (determined before the challenge is started) used in battle. If a pokemon is not put into battle, it doesn't count for cuteness.

Cool factor - 1 point for every every multi-turn attack, such as fly, even if the attack fails. Up to 10 points.

Style factor - 1 point for every HM or TM move used, up to 5 points.

Clever factor - 2 points for every pokemon chosen with a type that is more powerful than the opponent's type. Up to 10 points can be earned. Only the first one swapped out between knock outs counts though.

Strategy factor - 1 point for every move that has both damage and status effect, up to 5 points.

Class factor - 2 points for every combination of a move with only status effect followed by any other move. Restoration moves count as the status only effect move. Up to 10 points can be earned with this.

Epicosity - any one hit KO that is done with only damage, meaning the move has no inherent chance of a one hit KO, will earn 5 points. The move must cause as much, or more, damage than the target's maximum HP to count. 15 points can be earned this way.

----------------
The rules are a bit simpler:

Only one swap out between knock outs for the player who's pokemon is not knocked out without a penalty. Any other swap outs will cause a loss of 3 points each.

..... and that's it. Again, I may start this challenge myself later on, but in case someone else wants to do it, go ahead and have fun.

Kirky
October 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I like this idea. I take it this is done over wifi by battling others. An idea for points being earned is that you get extra points if you knockout your opponent without them landing a single blow to your pokemon. How ever you may have to moderate this somehow so that some wise guy doesn't get someone who has pokemon that are seriously under levelde and just dominate the battle. You could make categories such as Lvl 100s lvl 90s lvl 80s and son on.

chiappettaj
October 9th, 2013, 03:44 PM
6-locke challenge. Pick 6 pokemon at the beginning of the game and use hacks or whatever to catch them level 5 or under. All 6 must be caught right at the beginning of the game. You may only use these 6 pokemon to complete the game and cannot replace or catch other pokemon (Hm slave is a choice only) If a party member faints, he is deposited in the box and you must finish the rest of the game with the other pokemon you have e.g. if you have 6 and one faints, you can only use the other 5 pokemon to complete the game. If you win all 8 badges, you may select one pokemon that has fainted and bring them back into your team, or if you encounter a shiny pokemon, you can catch the shiny pokemon and revive a member of you 6 pokemon.
Good luck

KittenKoder
October 9th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I like this idea. I take it this is done over wifi by battling others. An idea for points being earned is that you get extra points if you knockout your opponent without them landing a single blow to your pokemon. How ever you may have to moderate this somehow so that some wise guy doesn't get someone who has pokemon that are seriously under levelde and just dominate the battle. You could make categories such as Lvl 100s lvl 90s lvl 80s and son on.

Thanks. Look closer at the point system, it's set up do that even in the situation you mentioned they could lose the match just because the weaker one at least tried their best. Cute pokemon will always be first evos and no-evo pokemon, after that they become cooler but less cute with each evolution. Thus why I thought of it. I never liked the excessive limits some tournaments place on which pokemon can be used, and though it's possible, not everyone will know how to take down a level 100 Raichu with a level 45 Gligar. ;) That was a fun match, of course it's not as easy before B/W2.

11wildy
October 11th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Omg playing Pokemon Y now! Going for fire monotype! :D

dexter1o6
October 13th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Hi, I just read the LetterLock Challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309735), and was inspired to create another somewhat similar challenge. This challenge would still be quite different from it though, as you make the chain as you go.

One rule: The team you play with MUST keep the chain (see Letterlock challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=309735)) intact!

Basically, it comes down to the following:
- Imagine you start with Turtwig, like the example in the read letterlock thread, You can catch Gastly. Then you can catch Yanma. However, Gastly evolves into Haunter! This means you have to rush to the PC and ditch all pokemon except one, because you can't make a chain otherwise (you could keep just Haunter for example, allowing you to catch Rufflet and add Turtwig back in your team, until...).
- You can always go to the PC and switch some of your Pokemon, but you must keep the chain intact.
- Finally having a chain of 6 pokemon, you can catch any pokemon you want. But when you want to use them, you have to make a proper chain. Failing to making a chain of 6 pokemon means that you can't catch pokemon that don't fit the chain.

There is still one flaw in this idea: I don't want to make a solo challenge of it, so, there should be a rule of 'at least x number of pokemon' in it, so maybe something like 'have at least as many pokemon as you have badges', but I don't want to make it too hard.

This challenge would NOT be a nuzlocke, because the combination kills the fun: you must be allowed to keep catching pokemon because you are already puzzling with the chain.

The reason I'm not trying to make a thread of this is because I just started a monocolour challenge. But feel free to do so anytime! (And finalize the idea into a proper challenge)

UKS
October 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
What's your opinion on allowing Mega Evolution's type changes on Monotypes?
Like Mega Gengar on a Psy monotype or Mega Ampharos on a Dragon Evolution.

Dixie Kong
October 14th, 2013, 03:53 PM
What's your opinion on allowing Mega Evolution's type changes on Monotypes?
Like Mega Gengar on a Psy monotype or Mega Ampharos on a Dragon Evolution.

But aren't Mega Evolutions just in-battle changes? So for example, I wouldn't mind someone using Mega Ampharos in an Electric mono, but not Dragon, because it's not permanently a Dragon type.

I'm not very far in the game though, so I could be wrong.

UKS
October 15th, 2013, 05:44 AM
But aren't Mega Evolutions just in-battle changes? So for example, I wouldn't mind someone using Mega Ampharos in an Electric mono, but not Dragon, because it's not permanently a Dragon type.

I'm not very far in the game though, so I could be wrong.

They are indeed only in-battle changes.

Lulu
October 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'll get to revamp my challenges once Necrum finishes a playthrough of his X/Y x.x cause I don't own a 3DS or anything and I'd rather go for accurate info.

On a side note, how much are X/Y worth over there? o.o
Because I just found the games sold in a huge store here and they cost like $60 >.< I can't really afford that .-. and even if I did, i don't own a 3DS anyways x.x
And a freakin 3DS costs like $300 over here >.<
So I'd need to pay $360 to be able to play X/Y.... That's $360 that I don't have .-.

That's $60 for one game. if I wanted both I'd have to pay $120 .-.

EDIT: turns out the one I saw was a 3DS XL. The regular 3DS console's like $213.

All those prices don't include the VAT.

UKS
October 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Speaking of adapting challenges, when will you make the X/Y Favorite Challenge, Syd?

Dixie Kong
October 15th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I'm going to try to update Gym Leader on Sunday, TCG won't need it til February, Gender Dis I'll get to Sunday hopefully, and Favorite will be remade in January to kick off the new year, and it'll be after Christmas so more people should have the games then. :) Till then though, the B2W2 Favorite Challenge will still be around.

Necrum
October 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I have Monotype up to date as far as I can tell. I don't think there's anything to change on The Ones That Got Away. Also Favorites will be easier when we have access to Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter, which will be about the time you said.

Whyvile
October 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I got an idea that sounds a bit interest

Behold, the Shin Megami Tensei Challenge

Rules:

1) Trading is only allowed to evolve Pokemon

2) The only types allowed are Fire, Electric, Ice, Flying, Fighting, Normal, and Dark.

3) To evolve a Pokemon, you must sacrifice (release) another one of the same type, for "fusion". Third stage evolutions require two fusions. The Pokemon must have at least one move that's the same as a sacrificed 'mon, though you are allowed to replace it. If the pokemon gains a type upon evolution, you must sacrifice a Pokemon with both typings as well (or two pokemon with the two types)

4) Pokemon of the types not listed may be used for HM's only. They are not allowed to participate in battle for anything, nor are they to be fused.

5) The challenge ends when you defeat Gary in Fire/Red and Blue/LeafGreen, Red in Heart/Gold and Soul/Silver (and Crystal), Steven in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Cynthia in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Alder in Black/White, Iris in Black 2/White 2, and whoever the crap the champion is in Pokemon X/Y. Those playing the Orre Games will need to defeat Evice in Colosseum, and Greevil in Gales of Darkness.

Krovikz
October 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I think this could be a really interesting idea. Now with X and Y out there's a fancy little feature called wonder trade. What I propose is a wonderlocke! Its a nuzlocke challenge in which you have to wonder trade away every pokemon you catch as your first catch of the route. Now there are two extra rules that need to be followed here: Legendaries are forbidden and if you luckily get one through wonder trade you must either trade it away, or catch and send another of the prior pokemon's kind for another wonder trade. For pokemon that are too strong for the area in the game you are at you should get a friend or someone to send you a ditto so you can breed them and then raise the baby from the ground up.
Otherwise its a traditional nuzlocke minus the ability to nickname the pokemon you recieve in wonder trade unfortunately. :( (Unless you have to do the breeding thing then you can nickname no prob.)

dexter1o6
October 20th, 2013, 03:21 PM

Rules:

2) The only types allowed are Fire, Electric, Ice, Flying, Fighting, Normal, and Dark.

3) To evolve a Pokemon, you must sacrifice (release) another one of the same type, for "fusion". Third stage evolutions require two fusions. The Pokemon must have at least one move that's the same as a sacrificed 'mon, though you are allowed to replace it. If the pokemon gains a type upon evolution, you must sacrifice a Pokemon with both typings as well (or two pokemon with the two types)

4) Pokemon of the types not listed may be used for HM's only. They are not allowed to participate in battle for anything, nor are they to be fused.

5) The challenge ends when you defeat Gary in Fire/Red and Blue/LeafGreen, Red in Heart/Gold and Soul/Silver (and Crystal), Steven in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Cynthia in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Alder in Black/White, Iris in Black 2/White 2, and whoever the crap the champion is in Pokemon X/Y. Those playing the Orre Games will need to defeat Evice in Colosseum, and Greevil in Gales of Darkness.

This one sounds interesting. I have some questions/comments though...

- Why the type restrictions?
- I think you may want to include some limitations on catching pokemon (like in the nuzlocke challenge), to make it a bit more of a trade-off to sacrifice for an evolution. The nuzlocke challenge itself might be a bit to much though, because then you are already very restricted in numbers and may not want to sacrifice anything at all.
- I would suggest to put in a rule that says the sacrificed pokemon must be of the same level or higher as the to be evolved pokemon. This is to avoid a quick 'catch and sacrifice'.

For the rest, just some refinements of the conditions, make sure there are no gaps in the rules (for example, way it is stated now, the number of pokemon necessary to evolve for the second evolution could be interpreted as one, because you already sacrificed one for the first evolution).

I would love to participate in this challenge someday (though there are others I want to participate in as well, and time is limiting). Keep up the good work:)

Dixie Kong
October 20th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I said I was gonna update my challenges today and look what I didn't do lol. Gender Dis would be easy to update though since it's just adding more Pokemon to a list, but Gym Leader is gonna be annoying as hell.

Necrum
October 20th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I actually have plans to run a Wonder Trade challenge where players build their team with Pokemon obtained using Wonder Trade. Not everything needs to be a locke you know. :P

Lulu
October 21st, 2013, 08:20 AM

Rules:

I'd add Psychic to it and even Grass and well, all the types to be honest.
As a SMT fan and a player of certain SMT games and the SMT: Imagien MMO, I could tell you that all types fit the various demons in SMT.
I got a few ideas for such a challenge and I could get it up and running by the end of the week ^^
Since I am eager to participate in anything SMT related xD