• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like monospecies, for real. Or a retarded version of the alphabet challenge.

Master Strife

The Local BAMF
Years
Hi again! Posting some more challenges I've done :). Maybe you'll find them just as fun.

Trade Challenge: Your team is to be made only of traded pokemon. The pokemon you get in the trade is totally up to the person you're trading with. They can be a jerk and give you a ditto(that's what my cousin gave me. he's such a prick). Or they can be really nice and give you a lvl 100 Rayquaza(I wish he was that nice). It's up to them.

Nickname Challenge: See, it's like the alphabet challenge, but with their nicknames not their real names! I did the challenge on my Platinum. I chose random letter, and then picked any pokemon on my other games who's nicknames began with that letter. I ended up with E, so I was able to use my Sceptile named "Emerald" from my Diamond/Pearl version. Between those 2 games I had all pokemon. This could use some polishing, but I had fun with it lol

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I have an idea! I know its gonna be rubbish though.

The name related challenge! You have to use pokemon that are similiar to your name,eg if your name meant butterfly in spanish you could use Butterfree,if the first 3 letters of your name were B,L and A you could use Blastoise,if your name rhymed with Tentacool you could use Tentacool etc. The host could decide whether or not you can use your team,so the challengers need to provide a good description of why they chose certain Pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Nothing relates to my name. Some people have strange names and can't really do that challenge, so it'd be difficult. And most people don't want everyone knowing their real names. So we wouldn't know who's lying about it and whatnot. But really, what Pokemon relates to Sydian? A bunch of S Pokemon I guess, but that'd just be an alphabet challenge.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Been lurking thiis thread for a while and to be honest these challenege ideas are...pretty bad. So I sat and did some thinking for something fun so I present to all

The Moveset Challenge

Ok in this challenge you can choose all the pokemon you are going to use(can be a single pokemon or six doesn't really matter) or if you are unsure about who to use you can

A. List types you want to use and pokemon of each type listed will be choosen for you, just specify what evolutionary line you wish to use or

B. Just ask for a randomized team with evolutionary line specifications and/or if you wanna monotype it out.

Also be sure to specify if you want an HM on a certain pokemon if you don't want an HM Slave, who doesnt . With that said yes HM slaves are allowed(max 3). When all that is set and done I, and/or 3 other helpers I will hire, will generate a moveset for you. So mentioning which game you are playing as this is VERY vital to your moveset. The challenge is complete when you bet the E4 on R/B/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Ptm and Red on G/S/C/HG/SS.

What does everyone think :D?!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds like the random challenge, but with random moves instead of random Pokemon. I...like it.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Yeah that's where the idea pretty much deprived from n n'. I had real fun with the random challenge and got a new favorite pokemon out of it, Zangoose, so I thought we can do random pokemon...why not a generated moveset to spice things up. Player will use moves they otherwise wouldn't use, hopefully. And should be challenging enough, hopefully. Although I'm iffy on the random pokemon thing as that makes it to similar to the random pokemon challenge. So I'm going to be likely leaning towards choose your own pokemon.

Soon as you approve I will get to work on the thread...after work though D:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Yay :D

I have to say no to the favorite pokemon thing though only because I'm trying to make this a stand alone type thing and not a mixture. So I say just have your own pokemon in mind and the moveset will be generated by this form

Random Move-Generator Form

Pokemon Name:
Moveset Form
How many level up moves do you want:
# of TM Moves:
# of HM Moves:
# of breedable moves(only if you can obtain this before the E4):
# of move tutor moves(if applicable):

Some will be obviously left blank and since pokemon can hold four moves it is up to the player to decided upon how they will go about obtaining these moves to make the move generation fair. If this is left blank and the player doesn't care, the movesets will be randomly choosen by examining the pokemons complete movepool..

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?

Another great idea. :) If anyone really wants this, I will edit the first post of the Favorite challenge for these extra specifications, if they are wanted. Since Eternal Nightmare doesn't want the two integrated, it'd work to just do that anyway. So if anyone really wants me to do that, feel free to VM me about it and I will do so. Might give it a shot when I'm done with my favorite challenge...which is going horribly. lol

And I don't approve ideas in this thread. You just go ahead and post them and I approve them when I see the thread. Just make sure you look over the rules, cause I'm pretty strict on them, lol.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Would, would starting up the character challenge be dumb since their are already a Manga and an Anime Challenge?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Yes it would be actually as there are no other characters that can be done outside of the anime and manga sadly...unless you want to be Pokemon Trainer off Brawl and use a Squirte, Ivysaur, and Charizard. But anyway...I don't see the point honestly.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I guess keeping them all together. And Game characters, but that'd be kind of silly...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
They were originally together, but it went past a month and when they were revived, they were separate. Reason for that is beyond me. But yeah, it would be promptly deleted.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Syd, I still promise I'm going to do the Favorite Challenge on Platinum... There are three things holding me back.

1. I'm not done with my Ghost UMC yet. And it's hard since I can't trade to get Gengar. I'm working on trading with one of my friends (read "annoying a friend to let me borrow his DS for a minute") but I can't start until I get that taken care of.
2. I'm working on Alpha Fan stuff. Yeah, the same Alpha Fan from way back when. I finally got a breakthrough on the part I was working on, but am stuck again...
3. I decided that I want a ROM with a completed Pokedex for every generation. Not for a challenge, for me. Also no glitches (other than Mew in RBY). I'm working on blue right now, have the first 6 badges, but I'm stuck in the Safari Zone. All I need are a Venonat and Tauros I think (I have Kangaskhan and Chansey, and I can get Pinsir from the Game Corner if I'm not mistaken). I have all the Red Exclusives along with all the Events that I need other than Squirtle and an Eevee that can evolve to Flareon. Also, I need Scyther from the Game Corner and to do that Mew Glitch.

But yeah, as soon as I finish the above three, nothing will get in my way of doing the Favorite Challenge, as well as the No Pokecenter Challenge (That looked like it was on my level of a Challenge). And then will be this moveset challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm going to be honest and tell you that I have not checked that thread in forever. It's hard running a challenge and 5 forums at once. I haven't even had time to play the game. :( Well, I had time this past weekend, but band bus at 5AM means sleeping...not playing SoulSilver. XD;

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Understandable, I remember the trips back from Band Competitions during High School. We loved getting back 3/4 of the way through the night, but man were we tired.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3
I'm putting up some ideas. Here :

-The Random Word Challenge : mondays suck once brought this up. Using a Random Name Generator, get a name, then build a team around. Eg. : Word : Claw. Team : Sandlash, Zangoose, Kabutops.

-The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.

Tell me what you think ! (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back