PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

myrrhman
August 13th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yet another good idea for a challenge.

HaloSonic
August 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
well to bring back a few, how about a No item challenge (you can still use pokecenters, but at a limited number of times), or the good ol' solo run, where you have to beat the game with only one pokemon battling (you'd need HM Servants, of course). try beating cynthia with a caterpie!

Weavile05
August 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Well, I've got one I created, still haven't started on it myself yet though, I know I need to.
The No evolving challenge. Can't catch em' fully evolved, can't evolve em' past where you catch em'.

Lucario-Avantasia
August 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hi...

Just wondering if I could restart the Local Area Habitat challenge, as I was unsure about thread necromancing it... It's the last one on the third page, and it's been nearly a month since anyone posted there. May I create a new thread, or no?

WriteThemWrong
August 20th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Hi...

Just wondering if I could restart the Local Area Habitat challenge, as I was unsure about thread necromancing it... It's the last one on the third page, and it's been nearly a month since anyone posted there. May I create a new thread, or no?
idk are you active?

i would start it myself, seeing as how it was my idea, but i'm having enough trouble with one challenge thread

myrrhman
August 20th, 2010, 01:58 PM
well to bring back a few, how about a No item challenge (you can still use pokecenters, but at a limited number of times), or the good ol' solo run, where you have to beat the game with only one pokemon battling (you'd need HM Servants, of course). try beating cynthia with a caterpie!No item sounds okay, as for solo.... its here. Just join up.

Well, I've got one I created, still haven't started on it myself yet though, I know I need to.
The No evolving challenge. Can't catch em' fully evolved, can't evolve em' past where you catch em'.
Has this not been created? I know at least one gen is created, but all of them combined might be a good idea. I've done this on Ruby.
Hi...

Just wondering if I could restart the Local Area Habitat challenge, as I was unsure about thread necromancing it... It's the last one on the third page, and it's been nearly a month since anyone posted there. May I create a new thread, or no?I'm pretty sure the general rule is that if it already exists and is updated, but nobody posts there, then its off limits. If, however, the OP hasn't updated in a while and people have posted, then just send the OP a quick message asking if you can run the challenge. If that's cool with him, then go ahead.

Dixie Kong
August 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
The habitat challenge was approved. I haven't seen the other one active for quite some time, so it's fine that there's a new one. However, joining in April of this year and having only 4 posts makes me wonder the new OP's activity level.

ALSOOOO. Tomorrow and Sunday I will finally have some time to work on my Favorite Challenge and update the thread. o3o I'm so bad at updating stuff it's not even funny. ):

Weavile05
August 21st, 2010, 07:46 PM
A challenge where you must use all pokemon that have a single type, no Dual types allowed.
Example: Magmortar, Carnivine, Azumarill, Rampardos, Staraptor*, Raichu
*since there are no Pure flying types, Normal/Flying is allowed.

myrrhman
August 21st, 2010, 07:59 PM
I want a challenge where I can't basically solo it. Only single types and Normal/Flyings? Solo with Blastoise w/ Pidgeot for backup against Venusaur. GSC? Kadabra/Machoke duo. 3rd gen? A little bit trickier, this would be the most fun. 4th? Main with Staraptor, have a couple of gents for backup (esp for Volkner and Candice). I really liked the Gym Disadvantage one, because you had to keep switching out your team. Make more like this.

Weavile05
August 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
I've got one, the no HM slave challenge. And just so you can't solo it, you must have a team of 6.

Vamaar
August 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
I want a challenge where I can't basically solo it. Only single types and Normal/Flyings? Solo with Blastoise w/ Pidgeot for backup against Venusaur. GSC? Kadabra/Machoke duo. 3rd gen? A little bit trickier, this would be the most fun. 4th? Main with Staraptor, have a couple of gents for backup (esp for Volkner and Candice). I really liked the Gym Disadvantage one, because you had to keep switching out your team. Make more like this.

Hmm, I don't want to start a challenge, but here's an idea:

"You're an idiot" challenge: You can never, ever, during the course of the game, have a type advantage. This means that your pokemon's type cannot resist the opponent's type, and that your opponent's type cannot be weak to your type. For example:

Say I'm using Voltorb. You cannot use a ground type, as it is resistant, and does good damage against me. You also cannot use grass, because it's resistant against me. This means that nearly every type versus itself is outlawed, with the exception of normal. You'll have to switch your team around based on the trainers and the route. If you have a type advantage, you must immediately switch to a pokemon that does not, or run. If neither option is available, reload from your last save.

... So, anyone masochistic enough to try it?

dragonite149
August 22nd, 2010, 11:56 PM
Hmm, I don't want to start a challenge, but here's an idea:

"You're an idiot" challenge: You can never, ever, during the course of the game, have a type advantage. This means that your pokemon's type cannot resist the opponent's type, and that your opponent's type cannot be weak to your type. For example:

Say I'm using Voltorb. You cannot use a ground type, as it is resistant, and does good damage against me. You also cannot use grass, because it's resistant against me. This means that nearly every type versus itself is outlawed, with the exception of normal. You'll have to switch your team around based on the trainers and the route. If you have a type advantage, you must immediately switch to a pokemon that does not, or run. If neither option is available, reload from your last save.

... So, anyone masochistic enough to try it?

Are people allowed to use ghost types against ghost types? Because your opponents ghost type will be weak to you but you will be weak to them.Same for dragon types.

Also, using the Voltorb example, are people allowed to use pokemon with super effective moves,eg: Teddiursa with dig, Ursaring with earthquake?

Vamaar
August 23rd, 2010, 03:50 AM
Are people allowed to use ghost types against ghost types? Because your opponents ghost type will be weak to you but you will be weak to them.Same for dragon types.

Also, using the Voltorb example, are people allowed to use pokemon with super effective moves,eg: Teddiursa with dig, Ursaring with earthquake?

To the first question: No. Although you're weak to them, they're weak to you as well. It's the same as a ice vs. ice, or any other type versus itself. Although they resist you, you resist them as well. So no, ghost and dragon types can't fight each other.

The second question is up to you for the most part, but I would say yes, simply because of the existance of Shedinja. If they aren't in the main storyline of the game, then I'll let you decide, but I would say yes. It means you need to be creative with your movesets.

dragonite149
August 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM
This is my idea for a challenge.
First,you think of a 6 letter word eg pencil.Then, because the first lettter of pencil is p,you would use a pokemon beginning with p like pikachu. The second letter of pencil is e, so you would use a pokemon who has e as the second letter eg venusaur and so on till you get something that looks like this Pikachu
vEnusaur
piNeco
glaCeon
glalIe
lickiLicky

myrrhman
August 23rd, 2010, 06:27 AM
I am definitely doing the first challengemabob. Because I am an idiot.

As for the second, I might try it later.

Vamaar
August 23rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Haha, I couldn't think of a better name for it, but if anyone else can think of one/wants to create a thread, feel free.

Dixie Kong
August 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Ya know, since most people don't really catch on to the more interesting challenges that we come up with in this thread, a thread doesn't have to be made. You could just do it on your own time without worrying about the updates. Just a thought, really. Cause I know I hate seeing really good challenge ideas go down the tube because no one even takes a second glance at it.

myrrhman
August 26th, 2010, 04:16 AM
That's what I'm doing, Syd. I usually just do like 3 solo challenges and then either one other challenge that we have, or one on my own. I'm currently working on a Catch 'em all challenge for every series. It's not a challenge that we have, but I still think it's important for me to do. I will eventually be cheating to get Celebi/Deoxys/Jirachi and stuff, but other than that, no master ball/rare candy cheats for me. I'm currently just after the S.S. Anne with like 20 Pokemon IIRC.

Dixie Kong
August 26th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Only 20? Um dude, Gary has already caught 40 different kinds, pal! Crawl around in the grass!

But anyway, updating is such a hassle. I think that when you're running a thread, under challengers, we should just put "whoever feels like doing this challenge." Would save the time and effort. XD

myrrhman
August 27th, 2010, 05:06 AM
You know what, that's a good idea Syd. The champion list can stay the same, but there are so many people doing the challenges that I think it would be a good idea for that to happen.

Also sad news. For some reason, My TBGDual or whatever that emulator is called, is having difficulty saving. I still have some other challenge (could potentially be either Zubat solo or Poison or Flying Mono challenge) saved, and I saved this numerous times both with savestates and with actually saving the game. No dice. Can anyone help me? Also, I don't know how to make VBA Link work. I'd prefer that one, because I like VBA better. Help there too?

Dixie Kong
August 27th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Oh Lord. :( I would die if my emulator started acting up. Haven't ran it in a while, though. But you know, if you need an answer to that, you might wanna ask in the emulation section. I know we're a bit strict on those emulation/ROM rules, but...it must be said.

dragon0fangz
August 27th, 2010, 06:48 PM
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.
Not sure how it would work out.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
This gym and this gym only
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps

560cool.
August 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Okay, here are two of my ideas.

The Underleveled Challenge

Basically, no grinding. That means only go into the tall grass to capture Pokemon. If you kill them by mistake, it doesn't count. Exceptions : RSE's Poochyena / Zigzagoon from the start and DP's Starly.

The Deja Vu Challenge

This is a bit harder to understand. You need a game from every region, start at Kanto and go through all of them in order, with the form of the Pokemon in there.
For instance, if I start with Squirtle in FR, then capture a Pidgey and a Ratatta, in my Silver game I'll have to use Totodile, Sentret and Hoothoot.
Of course this only applies to some Pokemon. :P

Just tell me what you think ! :)

dragon0fangz
August 28th, 2010, 05:41 AM
submitted my thread, called it 1 pokemon 1 gym challenge, i hope lots of people join!

redsaber5859
August 28th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hai people! its your second favorite challenger Redsaber! Now, I just started the Alpha-Fan, and now I am working on the MOST EPIC CHALLENGE ever, details will be released on this thread periodically!

Not-named challenge (codenamed Red Challenge)
Current details:
Will have some RP inputs on the thread

Dixie Kong
August 28th, 2010, 06:50 AM
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.

or maybe, you get a pokemon, the first pokemon you see, and you can only use that pokemon until the upcoming gym. then you have to catch another pokemon and release the one you had before.

for example, in red, you get a bulbasaur, train it, beat brock, catch a jigglypuff as the first poke you see (lucky or unlucky?). You have to release bulbasaur, use only jigglypuff, go through mt. moon, beat misty, then catch an oddish near nugget bridge, and release jigglypuff. and so on. It gets hard after the 8th gym, but at least you can basically catch pokemon from anywhere. maybe add the faint = death rule if youre feeling adventurous. but its not required. myrrhman, i challenge you to do this one!

(lots of grinding)

also, should i make a thread for this one? yes, im definitely making a thread, since i really want to participate. what should i name it?

Potential names:
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps

Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

Okay, here are two of my ideas.

The Underleveled Challenge

Basically, no grinding. That means only go into the tall grass to capture Pokemon. If you kill them by mistake, it doesn't count. Exceptions : RSE's Poochyena / Zigzagoon from the start and DP's Starly.

The Deja Vu Challenge

This is a bit harder to understand. You need a game from every region, start at Kanto and go through all of them in order, with the form of the Pokemon in there.
For instance, if I start with Squirtle in FR, then capture a Pidgey and a Ratatta, in my Silver game I'll have to use Totodile, Sentret and Hoothoot.
Of course this only applies to some Pokemon.

Just tell me what you think !

First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Hai people! its your second favorite challenger Redsaber! Now, I just started the Alpha-Fan, and now I am working on the MOST EPIC CHALLENGE ever, details will be released on this thread periodically!

Not-named challenge (codenamed Red Challenge)
Current details:
Will have some RP inputs on the thread

Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.

myrrhman
August 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM
OMG GOOD IDEA.

a Solo Nuzlocke.

(lots of grinding)

Potential names:
1 Pokemon 1 Gym
Solo Nuzlocke
GymSteps

You have yourself a deal. But, I have a condition. You must go through this thread, and make a list of every challenge that has been created, but not approved as a challenge. I'm going to do them all. If you do that, I'll get started as soon as I finish my Electric Monotype on Kanto.

dragon0fangz
August 28th, 2010, 06:34 PM
grah. work. but at least i can maybe find some interesting challenges to do myself!

Will description be needed?

redsaber5859
August 28th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Talk to the person running the main thread and he can put in a category in the first post for a solo nuzlocke.

First one sounds alright, but I'm sure you would only have to battle trainers then. Second one you would have to post a list of those certain Pokemon, of course.

Why do you say that as if this section is famous or something, idgi... You should really read the announcements. I'm not allowing for anymore threads that cover a challenge for all generations. Alpha fan isn't even popular enough to get one.
I just did again haha
Well Alpha-Fan I guess is gonna die *shrugs*

I'm still trying to find out how to make my challenge harder and more fun, I promise you guys won't be dissapointed with it!

AceDragonite
August 28th, 2010, 07:12 PM
^I'm the one running the Nuzlocke thread but Solo Nuzlocke is missing the point, I mean Nuzlocke is all about working together as a team. I'm sorry but I don't think I will allow it atm unless Sydian forces me to.

dragon0fangz
August 28th, 2010, 07:13 PM
all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.

redsaber5859
August 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
all challenges discussed, but not created.

shiny challenge
use only shinies, have to catch them legit

combined challenges
2 or more challenges combined

moveset challenges (made, but expired)
others choose the moveset

metronome challenge
metronome only (any pokemon with hacks fine)

pc claims
use whatever you've claimed on PC.

Gender ratio challenge
use only the exclusive gender. no 50/50, only 75/25, use male, or 0/100 use female.

weak run.
pokemon must have total base stats below 300 or 400

height or weight.
use pokemon with about the same height or weight.

sins
pokemon based on 7 sins

senses
pokemon based on the 5 senses

mythological creatures
pokemon based on mythological creatures

random moveset
use hacks to get a random moveset on a random pokemon

themed triplets
use triplets, like electabuzz, Magmar, and jynx

contests
use same contest type moves only

moveset
must learn newest move over oldest move

split game
play all three gen games at once, no same pokemon

restriction.
every 2nd or 3rd pokemon in the pokedex is restricted

interactive challenge
your challenge is modified by the OP.

stock market
have a team, get points based off qualifications, and trade for more points

no items
required items only. (no rods too)

youre an idiot
never have a type advantage.

6 letters
think of a 6 letter word, then use the first letter for a pokemon with the same 1st letter, the 2nd letter for a pokemon with the same second letter, and so on.

deja vu
use same parallels of pokemon in each generation (starter, vendor trash, bird vendor trash, pseudo legendary)

underleveled
no grinding. period.

Please bring scramble challenges back! they were so much fun. Others assign you a pokemon, with specific guidelines, so you had a Treecko, cannot use Mega or giga Drain, must know pound and quick attack, and a Lombre, cannot use super effective moves.

Also I just got an idea for a little cup challenge. You can breed egg moves onto your pokemon, but use only those egg moves, no level up moves or tms or hms. also no evolution.

woo i did it. hope this helps.
some of those are FAIL but others are quite nice, my challenge heres a spoiler relating to this quote:

It will have a Stock-Market type thing

dragon0fangz
August 28th, 2010, 07:22 PM
myrrhman agreed to do all of them, so...

also, can i take a brief moment to advertise my challenge, 1 pokemon 1 gym? its actually quite fun. really tough, especially when you catch a pokemon with a disadvantage on the next gym. and lots of grinding too. worth it, though, it makes gyms feel like an achievement.

AceDragonite
August 28th, 2010, 07:33 PM
myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.

dragon0fangz
August 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
please do so, and ill definitely participate.

redsaber5859
August 28th, 2010, 07:46 PM
myyrhman and I may host the stock market challenge eventually, but I'm helping him with alpha fan and we're trying to get a relay run going, stock market will be fun, but I've got to work out all the kinks.
Just did the alpha fan, sorry XD, you guys help me with it i guess?

Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!

Anyways, I like the restricted challenge. If somebody could host it (who doesn't already have a million things) that would be awesome, I think that would be a busy challenge!

AceDragonite
August 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
^well I'm hosting Nuzlocke, and may co-host the SML and Relay Race but I'll see if I can fit in in lol

560cool.
August 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.

myrrhman
August 29th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I've already made an Underleveled thread.
For the Deja Vu one, I need to think of the lists of Pokemon. It's gonna take while, just grilling the Pokedex and seeing which ones match.
I would potentially help you with this. But as you can see, so many challenges.

In other news, I finally made it out of Rock Tunnel with my Electric Team (Pikachu). Gyms fell fast after that, and I caught an Electabuzz, Voltorb, and Magnemite (and Zapdos the Fly Slave). This means I should be done with the challenge soon! Also I finally have a move that does neutral damage to Rock/Ground types (Electabuzz's Psychic).

Also, Thank you Dragon. Your challenge is accepted. Grabbing laptop now to start on... Metronome Challenge/Weak Run, which will also satisfy the Combined Challenge.

Weavile05
August 29th, 2010, 06:00 AM
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...

560cool.
August 29th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Well, myrrh, my list is quite done. I need to sort out Trio Legends, Pseudo Legends and other stuff.

But I could use some help ! :-D

Okay... Here are some new Underleveled rules :

2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:

myrrhman
August 29th, 2010, 09:27 AM
btw myrhhman- what you were saying about my non evolving challenge, I saw one for FR and LG but I didn't see one for anything else. Even so, mine hasn't been posted on in a while, it might even be at the very back by now...
I think I saw a non evolving challenge here once, when I was creating this sig-chart thing. I don't know whose it was though. But I still beat a challenge without evolving, so there it is.

Everlark
August 29th, 2010, 11:29 AM
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

2. Do not rematch trainers. That includes E4 rematches, Red rematches, Joey Rematches, etc.

3. Knocking out a wild Pokemon due to a crit. won't count. But if it happens too often, I might suspect some lying from you. ._.

4. DO NOT LIE. Levels can be easily seen when not battling against wild Pokemon, so don't try grinding then lying you didn't, okay ? (:

Just add them to the first post then. :) But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

Just submitted the challenge, first two posters on it get to be the gods!

That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.

560cool.
August 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Syd ! WTH ?? >>
Well, yes, I added it. Just as I guessed, mondays suck is onto it already. Oh well !...
Well, this isn't Nuzlocke. You can die and have repeated attempts if it crits. you to death.
I already died twice in my Brown Underleveled.. <_<

myrrhman
August 31st, 2010, 07:06 PM
I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to discuss my progress on my challenges here. I'm doing the Combined/Metronome/Weak Challenge, and just beat Brock on Red, and I am doing a WallaceGym/WallaceE4/Blue Monocolor on Ruby. It is going much better, and I am done with the first four gyms. Daddy is hard.

Cephix
September 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
There should be an alphabet challenge. Only use pokémon from the letter of your choice. Users picking X would have to use a team full of Xatus and Unown X.

Weavile05
September 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
They have that I believe.

myrrhman
September 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM
It's somewhere. I've done it with G's. If it's not there, you can remake it. I'll need to do it sometime.

redsaber5859
September 1st, 2010, 05:57 PM
It's Syd. Don't be alarmed. lol

Just add them to the first post then. :) But what if they spam hit crit-ratio moves like Slash? 8D

Joey rematches made me lol, ngl.

That challenge still doesn't make any sense, you know. I just don't see a lot of people wanting to participate in that behemoth of a challenge. Plus, idr you even saying what game it was for. My memory could just be poor though.
Yay u used your alt!!!

Anyways, its for all games, didn't you read that you had to go through all regions?

Weavile05
September 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
You know? One thing I really like about challenges is that they encourage you to do things you've never done before.
For instance, I've never raised Chansey or Clefairy, but I used one in Kanto and I WILL catch a Chansey in Sinnoh.

myrrhman
September 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I said something like this a couple of pages back. I don't want to do challenges where I can beat the whole thing with like 1-2 Pokemon. That's too easy. I like the Nuzlocke because it takes more planning, and a more balanced team sort of. That's also why I like the Favorite Challenge, and will like the stock market thing when it comes out.

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2010, 11:57 AM
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.

redsaber5859
September 3rd, 2010, 07:19 PM
The stock market challenge is approved. Unless you're talking about that weird cluster mess of a challenge that redsaber posted. It honestly made no sense. I even sent it to smods to see if they understood, and they didn't get it lolol.

I like the favorite challenge too, since it allows me to use what I like, plus I get to choose my team, but at the same time, I don't. If you know the rules, you'll know what I mean. And random challenges are good too. I'm all about using Pokemon I might not normally choose.
:p

Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect

And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Thats why we're beta testing the challenge Syd, when testing is over we will submit it and it will not be a mess, it will be perfect

I don't see why it has to be such a big deal, really. It's not like...some huge school project or something that's gonna change the world. But okay. If you say so.

And, I've got an idea, Sydian, is there already a multi-challenge thread?

Elaborate?

redsaber5859
September 3rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
Elaborate?
Like, if I wanted to do multiple challenges at the same time?
(IE: A unevolved mono-nuzlocke)

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2010, 07:32 PM
That's why the threads for each challenge are there in the first place? Why would you need a multi-challenge thread? That's pointless.

redsaber5859
September 3rd, 2010, 07:33 PM
That's why the threads for each challenge are there in the first place? Why would you need a multi-challenge thread? That's pointless.
Not what I mean XD

I mean like a Unevolved Mono-nuzlocke

Imagine that?

Dixie Kong
September 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Then you add the option to the Nuzlocke challenge. There's already main threads for the most common challenges to avoid clutter. Now, why would there have to be a separate thread that just merges two challenge ideas together, when one of the challenges has a main thread? It's easily added as an option on the first post after talking to the person running it. Either that, just play it on your own at home without having to worry about posting updates. Simple fix and reduces spam.

AceDragonite
September 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
@redsaber5859 you could just post that in my thread and specify the rules your using so other people might want to play it too, and everything stays in one thread ^_^.

Katja
September 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
You can only use 6 level 100 magikarp.

dragonite149
September 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I have 2 ideas!!

First,the Monotypecombo!
In Monotypecombo,you may only use Pokemon of a certain type combo eg for a Normal/Flying run,you can use Pidgey,Farfetch'd,Chatot,Noctowl,Togetic,Taillow because they are both Normal/Flying but NOT Bibarel or Gyarados.Because Bibarel and Gyarados don't have both types in the type combo you may not use them.
Also if there are reverse type combos eg Ice/Water and Water/Ice you may use both for a Water/Ice run.
Also if you are doing a Water/Flying run you can ue a Magikarp as long as you evolve it ASAP.Same for other combos

Secondly,the TM,HM run!
You may only use TMs and HMs you have taught to your Pokemon.If it doesn't know a TM or HM move,you can't use it.Challenge starts when you get your first TM/HM.Also you cannot use TM/HM moves learned by level up but you can use ones learned by TM eg a Seaking cannot learn Waterfall at LV 40 but it can learn it by HM.

I hope you like my ideas!

redsaber5859
September 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
You can only use 6 level 100 magikarp.
Impossible, they cannot affect ghost types until Gen IV

dragonite149
September 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Impossible, they cannot affect ghost types until Gen IV

Are you overlooking Struggle?

Also I have another idea!

The MonoMoveType challenge! You can only use moves of a certain type.You CANNOT use types certain types are immune to.However you may use any Pokemon apart from legendaries(Maybe Ubers too) that know a move of your type. You may train up pokemon that don't know a move of your type as long as your Pokemon learns a move of your type ASAP.

Kanye West
September 5th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Are you overlooking Struggle?

Are you overlooking all six Magikarps would faint before putting any Pokemon in red with struggle?

dragonite149
September 6th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Are you overlooking all six Magikarps would faint before putting any Pokemon in red with struggle?

Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Novelty_Pok%C3%A9mon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.

redsaber5859
September 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Are you overlooking an item called a Hyper Potion?

Anyway I have some more ideas!

First, the Novelty Challenge! You may only use pokemon that are classified as Novelty pokemon. Heres a link to a list of them http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Novelty_Pok%C3%A9mon
Magikarp, Feebas and Eevee are allowed too,but they must not be evolved.

Secondly,the Unown Challenge! First type 6 random letters for the player name. Then obtain the Unown that correspond to the player name and use them.You may catch as many Unown as you like but only the ones the correspond to the player character's name.
Novelty challenge will most likely fail... no offense

But the Unown challenge would be pretty good... if you used a random letter generator on the computer. Its hard to type random on a GB/DS :P

just my two cents

Dixie Kong
September 6th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah guys, that makes plenty of sense. Magikarp will fail, but Unown won't. Okay. If you say so. Caterpie on the other hand...

redsaber5859
September 6th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah guys, that makes plenty of sense. Magikarp will fail, but Unown won't. Okay. If you say so. Caterpie on the other hand...
Rules the world

I <3 butterfree challenges

Hey syd, you gonna join the Unown challenge? it seems you like to use them :p

Dixie Kong
September 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge. :(

redsaber5859
September 6th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Of course I'm not joining that challenge. What gave you the idea that I enjoy Unown? Sick.

lmao, but in all serious, I doubt I will. I barely have time for the Favorite challenge. :(
Your hosting it which adds more :P

Syd likes to use unown, is that challenging enough?

The thread title, now thats how I know you love unown, unless you meant the other definition of "use" (reffering to MSN conversation -_-)

myrrhman
September 7th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...

Dixie Kong
September 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Personally, I don't see the point in an Unown Challenge. It's just like a solo family challenge. There is no difference in the letters, so there is no difference in the Pokemon, and you would just end up farming until you got the Hidden Power type/power that you wanted in one of the 6 letters...

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like monospecies, for real. Or a retarded version of the alphabet challenge.

Master Strife
September 7th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Hi again! Posting some more challenges I've done :). Maybe you'll find them just as fun.

Trade Challenge: Your team is to be made only of traded pokemon. The pokemon you get in the trade is totally up to the person you're trading with. They can be a jerk and give you a ditto(that's what my cousin gave me. he's such a prick). Or they can be really nice and give you a lvl 100 Rayquaza(I wish he was that nice). It's up to them.

Nickname Challenge: See, it's like the alphabet challenge, but with their nicknames not their real names! I did the challenge on my Platinum. I chose random letter, and then picked any pokemon on my other games who's nicknames began with that letter. I ended up with E, so I was able to use my Sceptile named "Emerald" from my Diamond/Pearl version. Between those 2 games I had all pokemon. This could use some polishing, but I had fun with it lol

dragonite149
September 7th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I have an idea! I know its gonna be rubbish though.

The name related challenge! You have to use pokemon that are similiar to your name,eg if your name meant butterfly in spanish you could use Butterfree,if the first 3 letters of your name were B,L and A you could use Blastoise,if your name rhymed with Tentacool you could use Tentacool etc. The host could decide whether or not you can use your team,so the challengers need to provide a good description of why they chose certain Pokemon.

Dixie Kong
September 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Nothing relates to my name. Some people have strange names and can't really do that challenge, so it'd be difficult. And most people don't want everyone knowing their real names. So we wouldn't know who's lying about it and whatnot. But really, what Pokemon relates to Sydian? A bunch of S Pokemon I guess, but that'd just be an alphabet challenge.

Eternal Nightmare
September 7th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Been lurking thiis thread for a while and to be honest these challenege ideas are...pretty bad. So I sat and did some thinking for something fun so I present to all

The Moveset Challenge

Ok in this challenge you can choose all the pokemon you are going to use(can be a single pokemon or six doesn't really matter) or if you are unsure about who to use you can

A. List types you want to use and pokemon of each type listed will be choosen for you, just specify what evolutionary line you wish to use or

B. Just ask for a randomized team with evolutionary line specifications and/or if you wanna monotype it out.

Also be sure to specify if you want an HM on a certain pokemon if you don't want an HM Slave, who doesnt . With that said yes HM slaves are allowed(max 3). When all that is set and done I, and/or 3 other helpers I will hire, will generate a moveset for you. So mentioning which game you are playing as this is VERY vital to your moveset. The challenge is complete when you bet the E4 on R/B/Y/FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Ptm and Red on G/S/C/HG/SS.

What does everyone think :D?!

Dixie Kong
September 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Sounds like the random challenge, but with random moves instead of random Pokemon. I...like it.

Eternal Nightmare
September 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah that's where the idea pretty much deprived from n n'. I had real fun with the random challenge and got a new favorite pokemon out of it, Zangoose, so I thought we can do random pokemon...why not a generated moveset to spice things up. Player will use moves they otherwise wouldn't use, hopefully. And should be challenging enough, hopefully. Although I'm iffy on the random pokemon thing as that makes it to similar to the random pokemon challenge. So I'm going to be likely leaning towards choose your own pokemon.

Soon as you approve I will get to work on the thread...after work though D:

Domin-8
September 8th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?

Eternal Nightmare
September 8th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Yay :D

I have to say no to the favorite pokemon thing though only because I'm trying to make this a stand alone type thing and not a mixture. So I say just have your own pokemon in mind and the moveset will be generated by this form

Random Move-Generator Form

Pokemon Name:
Moveset Form
How many level up moves do you want:
# of TM Moves:
# of HM Moves:
# of breedable moves(only if you can obtain this before the E4):
# of move tutor moves(if applicable):

Some will be obviously left blank and since pokemon can hold four moves it is up to the player to decided upon how they will go about obtaining these moves to make the move generation fair. If this is left blank and the player doesn't care, the movesets will be randomly choosen by examining the pokemons complete movepool..

Dixie Kong
September 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
I like pick your own pokemon.

How about mixing it with the favorite pokemon challenge.
Put the pokemon you want in a list, someone random picks numbers. Say 1-18 so you have atleast three different teams.

Then the moves would be genereated for those 6 or whatever many you want?

Another great idea. :) If anyone really wants this, I will edit the first post of the Favorite challenge for these extra specifications, if they are wanted. Since Eternal Nightmare doesn't want the two integrated, it'd work to just do that anyway. So if anyone really wants me to do that, feel free to VM me about it and I will do so. Might give it a shot when I'm done with my favorite challenge...which is going horribly. lol

And I don't approve ideas in this thread. You just go ahead and post them and I approve them when I see the thread. Just make sure you look over the rules, cause I'm pretty strict on them, lol.

GFA
September 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Would, would starting up the character challenge be dumb since their are already a Manga and an Anime Challenge?

Eternal Nightmare
September 8th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Yes it would be actually as there are no other characters that can be done outside of the anime and manga sadly...unless you want to be Pokemon Trainer off Brawl and use a Squirte, Ivysaur, and Charizard. But anyway...I don't see the point honestly.

GFA
September 8th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I guess keeping them all together. And Game characters, but that'd be kind of silly...

Dixie Kong
September 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
They were originally together, but it went past a month and when they were revived, they were separate. Reason for that is beyond me. But yeah, it would be promptly deleted.

myrrhman
September 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Syd, I still promise I'm going to do the Favorite Challenge on Platinum... There are three things holding me back.

1. I'm not done with my Ghost UMC yet. And it's hard since I can't trade to get Gengar. I'm working on trading with one of my friends (read "annoying a friend to let me borrow his DS for a minute") but I can't start until I get that taken care of.
2. I'm working on Alpha Fan stuff. Yeah, the same Alpha Fan from way back when. I finally got a breakthrough on the part I was working on, but am stuck again...
3. I decided that I want a ROM with a completed Pokedex for every generation. Not for a challenge, for me. Also no glitches (other than Mew in RBY). I'm working on blue right now, have the first 6 badges, but I'm stuck in the Safari Zone. All I need are a Venonat and Tauros I think (I have Kangaskhan and Chansey, and I can get Pinsir from the Game Corner if I'm not mistaken). I have all the Red Exclusives along with all the Events that I need other than Squirtle and an Eevee that can evolve to Flareon. Also, I need Scyther from the Game Corner and to do that Mew Glitch.

But yeah, as soon as I finish the above three, nothing will get in my way of doing the Favorite Challenge, as well as the No Pokecenter Challenge (That looked like it was on my level of a Challenge). And then will be this moveset challenge.

Dixie Kong
September 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I'm going to be honest and tell you that I have not checked that thread in forever. It's hard running a challenge and 5 forums at once. I haven't even had time to play the game. :( Well, I had time this past weekend, but band bus at 5AM means sleeping...not playing SoulSilver. XD;

myrrhman
September 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Understandable, I remember the trips back from Band Competitions during High School. We loved getting back 3/4 of the way through the night, but man were we tired.

redsaber5859
September 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Understandable, I remember the trips back from Band Competitions during High School. We loved getting back 3/4 of the way through the night, but man were we tired.

Haha, sounds nice to get up with all your friends at 3 AM

Anyways, Syd, I wish you luck in running everything :D

560cool.
September 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3
I'm putting up some ideas. Here :

-The Random Word Challenge : mondays suck once brought this up. Using a Random Name Generator, get a name, then build a team around. Eg. : Word : Claw. Team : Sandlash, Zangoose, Kabutops.

-The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.

Tell me what you think ! (:

myrrhman
September 9th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I remember the word challenge... I never finished it. I thought it was a pretty good idea though.

As for the hated challenge, I don't see anything wrong with it, and it can actually help you to like some Pokemon that you don't necessarily like. I'm all for it!

Dixie Kong
September 9th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Haha, sounds nice to get up with all your friends at 3 AM

It is nice. Especially when the person you're sitting next to decides to sleep in the floor of the bus and gives you both seats. XD; And later, you all get to watch The Hangover and The Incredibles!

-The Hated Challenge : nope, it doesn't involve hating. Just runs like the Favorite Challenge, but instead of favorites you use hated. Of course, don't just submit Magikarp and Unown (not talking about you, Syd) because they're weak. Hate Rhyperior ? Put him on the list.

I almost made that the other day! XD I was making a list of my least favorite Pokemon for every type. Obviously, there can't be 6 for each type like there are for the favorite challenge. But yeah, I see no problem with this...however I don't think I'd try it. :P Oh, and Unown is ~fabulous~

Lols at title... :O Did you do that, Syd ? I love it ! <3

No, someone was trying to spread lies and slander about me liking Unown. :(

redsaber5859
September 9th, 2010, 07:03 AM
LOL

So Myrrhman is really gonna have a hard time doing all challenges :D

560cool.
September 9th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Let's all torture motivate myrrhman and do those threads !

I can get on with the Word Challenge. And also, instead of "The Hated Challenge", I am digging the "Dislikes Challenge" more. So that we wouldn't hate that challenge ! (:

Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D

myrrhman
September 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I might forget about the solo challenges for a while. Wait until I finish the others first. That takes off like 4/5 of the challenges or something. Sounds like what i want.

560cool.
September 9th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Yes, Soloing with every Pokemon out there can become very tedious, right ?
Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*

Dixie Kong
September 9th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Also, is discussion about random stuff allowed here. *eyes redsaber and Syd*

Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

Hahaha, myrrh... BW is coming ! 200 and so more challenges served on the table. :-D

That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V. :(

560cool.
September 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Provided that it relates to challenges. And if it doesn't, as long as something in your post does relate to challenges, it's fine. In the writer's lounge, we would get so off topic and just post "I LOVE WRITING!" as the "on topic" part of the post.

I LOVE CHALLENGES!

That would change the Favorite challenge too, since it's meant to be played on a version that is the most recent so that all Pokemon are included. Hm, I hope that we will be able to trade Pokemon that aren't in the Isshu Dex early on...otherwise most challenges are ruined in gen V. :(

Actually, it is confirmed that the Pokeshifter (a minigame to transfer from gen IV to BW. I won't describe it, you don't want to know it =) is unlocked only after you beat the league, something sorta Pal Park.

So we're stuck with Isshu Pokemon only, noo ;_;

Eternal Nightmare
September 9th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Oyyyy what there is nothing wrong with the Isshu pokemon...but still I would want more variation especially pokemon from Gen III.

The Dislike Challenge seems good but the only thing that shall be holding be back from it is the lack of a DS at the moment. Also I'm really eager to get my Random Moveset Challenge started eventually :D. I really think this could be frustrating and fun actually :3.

myrrhman
September 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I second the Random Moveset Challenge. I can easily beat any version, but it's usually because I solo RBY with Psychic/Surf/BoltBeam Starmie or Lapras, solo GSC with FireIceThunder punch/Psychic Kadabra, solo RSE with Surf/EQ/Ice Beam/Brick Break Swampert, and I rarely play DPPt... If I wasn't allowed these Pokemon, it would be much more difficult... So yeah.

bblord
September 9th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Honeymoon challenge: Get a Male and Female pokemon of the same species (exception: Nidoran family). You can only use those two throughout the game, and prior to any Gym challenge/Elite Four Challenge they must be equal in level. Perhaps to cover HMs you can have 1-2 slaves, but thats it!

Kinda weak, but I'm gonna try it soon.

560cool.
September 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Oyyyy what there is nothing wrong with the Isshu pokemon...but still I would want more variation especially pokemon from Gen III.

There isn't anything wrong with Isshu Pokemon... I LOVE them.
But using only them is gonna become bad. And plus, since this is a whole new Pokedex, I'm thinking that the Pokemon count will become HUGE : i'm guessing somewhere 670 +.

So it won't be that bad ! <3

Dixie Kong
September 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
If we're gonna talk about gen V, I will be exiting the thread because I'm avoiding spoilers. Only a few more weeks of avoiding things, though. Yay importing! The few Pokemon I have seen so far look good, though. Except...that wretched gorilla thing. No no no. Easily my new least favorite Fire type.

btw guys, I'm not gonna be too strict on the "every post must be about challenges" thing. This is practically a DCC...just don't get too crazy with it, lol. At least have some relevance to challenges. =w=

Speaking of which, when I do finish the Favorite challenge, I'm doing it again...in hopes of getting a better team.

560cool.
September 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Why doesn't anyone participate in the word challenge ? ;_;
I'm beggining soon...
Also, let's all help Syd and keep spoiler-free ! I know how bad it feels to get spoiled, mostly with the anime.

Dixie Kong
September 10th, 2010, 12:23 PM
I haven't kept up with the anime, but Hiiro told me what happened in the last DP episode and linked me to some of the characters for the upcoming season and...no. No one is very good looking. :( -dies-

About your challenge, just give it time. Not everyone is interested right now, and heck, some can't juggle too many challenges at the same time. -cough- I can barely handle two. -cough-

560cool.
September 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM
I haven't kept up with the anime, but Hiiro told me what happened in the last DP episode and linked me to some of the characters for the upcoming season and...no. No one is very good looking. :( -dies-

About your challenge, just give it time. Not everyone is interested right now, and heck, some can't juggle too many challenges at the same time. -cough- I can barely handle two. -cough-

Myrrh remains the master. Juggling hundreds of challenges is really hard.
I also remember mondays suck's glory days. When I only read his challenge update. When this Sub-Forum was inexistent. lol.

OT : The Magic Mozilla Red Underline Thingy doesn't underline myrrh. Wtf ? (it does underline wtf).
OT* : Have you seen Nurse Joy, Syd ? She looks like a... 12 year old. But cute, though :)

Dixie Kong
September 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I always remember mondays suck as the original king, no offense myrrhman. XD But I do remember spending most of my time reading challenge updates, mainly by mondays suck. Also, this isn't a sub-forum...it's a main forum. lol

And Officer Jenny looks like a dude. :(

560cool.
September 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
My bad. I know it's a forum. Now at least.
Also, mondays suck will always have a place in my heart, too. Myrrhman is giving in a lot of effort too, but... well, it looks different ! (:
Also, Syd, we own this page ! Just look ! xDD

mondays suck
September 10th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Oh wow, I never knew my runs were that popular... Apart from my Brown Nuzlocke which I consider to be my greatest effort in a Pokemon game so far, I don't think I've done anything special ... or have I?

And, to make this post not completely off-topic, is there already something like a No Items challenge (I checked the active threads of the subforum and didn't find anything, but there might be already something planned, I haven't been checking this thread regularly)? I can imagine a game without Potions and TMs being pretty hard. HMs (maybe some restrictions here though to avoid massive HM03 abuse), Pokeballs and key items would be exceptions of course. Then again, it might all just turn into a mindless grindfest...

myrrhman
September 10th, 2010, 07:14 PM
@ 560 #1: My name isn't underlined because I'm that famous. Also because myrrh is a real thing. From Fire Emblem preferably.

@ Syd: Me too. I definitely remember the Brown Nuzzy, and I remember him doing a lot of other challenges, which I'm pretty sure is what motivated me to do as many as I've done.

@ 560 #2: I agree that we have different styles. I tried to do the whole "make it a nice story" thing for a few of my early challenges, esp my Team Rocket Blue Challenge. But, I can play through the originals in an hour or so, so I ended up beating the game and then trying to remember everything that happened. Then I tried recording stuff, but I would have times where I would stop to check something real quick on Serebii and forget to unpause it. Or I would start talking to my friend throughout the challenge. Neither of them worked for me, so now I just say the basics of what happened and give you my team if you're lucky.

@ Mondays: Oh hai. We're famous here. I definitely remember your Brown Nuzlocke, because I was doing a Yellow Nuzlocke at the same time. I only joined when you were at the Elite Four, but I definitely remember that part, and I remember it was epic.

As far as the No Item challenge, there isn't one. Someone challenged me to do a No Pokecenter Challenge, but I don't think there's one for no items. I don't think it would be that hard, because you could Pokecenter spam, and get around TMs with Move Tutor Moves (if applicable). And still, I could run through Yellow Version with a Slash/Flamethrower/Fly Charizard, a Pokemon that can learn Psychic via level (so Kadabra), and maybe a Dewgong for Ice Beam. Don't think it would be that tough.

AceDragonite
September 10th, 2010, 07:18 PM
@ 560 #1: My name isn't underlined because I'm that famous. Also because myrrh is a real thing. From Fire Emblem preferably.

@ Syd: Me too. I definitely remember the Brown Nuzzy, and I remember him doing a lot of other challenges, which I'm pretty sure is what motivated me to do as many as I've done.

@ 560 #2: I agree that we have different styles. I tried to do the whole "make it a nice story" thing for a few of my early challenges, esp my Team Rocket Blue Challenge. But, I can play through the originals in an hour or so, so I ended up beating the game and then trying to remember everything that happened. Then I tried recording stuff, but I would have times where I would stop to check something real quick on Serebii and forget to unpause it. Or I would start talking to my friend throughout the challenge. Neither of them worked for me, so now I just say the basics of what happened and give you my team if you're lucky.

@ Mondays: Oh hai. We're famous here. I definitely remember your Brown Nuzlocke, because I was doing a Yellow Nuzlocke at the same time. I only joined when you were at the Elite Four, but I definitely remember that part, and I remember it was epic.

As far as the No Item challenge, there isn't one. Someone challenged me to do a No Pokecenter Challenge, but I don't think there's one for no items. I don't think it would be that hard, because you could Pokecenter spam, and get around TMs with Move Tutor Moves (if applicable). And still, I could run through Yellow Version with a Slash/Flamethrower/Fly Charizard, a Pokemon that can learn Psychic via level (so Kadabra), and maybe a Dewgong for Ice Beam. Don't think it would be that tough.

Well myrrh is actually a plant and a gift of the magi. I should probably get around to finishing my Nuzzys lol

Master Strife
September 11th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I want a new challenge to do lol. I've done the favorite tons of times (like 7 before I even suggested it here.) I've done Solo (Sceptile, FTW) and I'm about to finish the last ultimate monotype challenge for the 17th time. Nuzlocke(that's the one where fainted pokemon are released right?) bores me, because I somehow manage to never let my pokemon die. I need a new challenge to do DX

560cool.
September 11th, 2010, 12:55 PM
@ myrrh : Well, I never played Fire Emblem. Lol.

Also, can someone be James Bond and sneak into some old Nuzlocke threads and recover mondays suck's last Brown Nuzlocke update ? I just lost any connection with that thread and I can't remember the owner's name. *facesmash*

So pwease ? :]

Also, why does this thread keep on getting name changes. I can remember : "The Challenge Market Just Crashed !", "Monotypes have been murdered ?!", "Syd likes to use Unown. Is that challenging enough ?".

Pourrrrr sommmme... no, it sounds... a bit off and stupid. (that's my 2 cents, don't take it seriously)

Eternal Nightmare
September 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I would partake in the word challenge but I'm one of those people that can't do more than two challenges. Which will be three when I get a helper for my Random Moveset Challenge lurking at the bottom D:. Well I hoping I get a customer soon or I will be dishearted.

Fire Emblem is a great game series...really I recommend you try it. That was off topic but thought id throw that out there x3

mondays suck
September 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
@ myrrh : Well, I never played Fire Emblem. Lol.

Also, can someone be James Bond and sneak into some old Nuzlocke threads and recover mondays suck's last Brown Nuzlocke update ? I just lost any connection with that thread and I can't remember the owner's name. *facesmash*

[self-advertisement]
The thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5855666&postcount=94) hasn't even been dead that long, it's still on page 2...

Also, there was my 6 Unown run in Crystal last year, that was a good one as well. Only the Red battle wasn't that epic because I was forced to resort to PP stall with Revives because I didn't grind enough.
[/self-advertisement]

@myrrh: Is it possible NOT to Pokecenter spam in a run if it isn't prohibited in the rules? I do it all the time. Also, move tutors are either only usable once or have ridiculous requirements. Sure, that one 'zard example doesn't make the challenge sound very hard, but are there really that many other Pokemon who get that good movesets only by level up and HMs? Also, the Elite 4 would still be quite tough without items, unless you grind forever.
I think that while it would be a relatively easy challenge that is nowhere near the likes of a no Pokecenter run (I doubt that would even be possible to beat, since PP are going to run out VERY fast (well, one might spam Leppa Berries, but...)), it would still be a challenge.

Dixie Kong
September 12th, 2010, 06:21 PM
The trick to the no PC run is selling items you don't use and buying TMs over and over. Leppa Berries work too. But someone on YouTube did a no Pokemon Center run on FireRed. He also soloed it, though. I can't remember who it was, but I'm sure you could find it if you looked it up.

560cool.
September 13th, 2010, 12:55 AM
lolwut... Title has my name ! :O
Also, mondays suck, thanks for the link. I was just too stupid to click a "two". I was suspecting it to be long dead.
I read about the No Pokemon Center Challenge in a Walkthrough. You can also do the Suicide Challenge, which is like a Nuzlocke, but implies no items and no PokeCenters. Really, I never tried it, but I read about it.
Now, let's save mondays suck's challenge in Word... (:

Dixie Kong
September 13th, 2010, 07:22 AM
You have to be a masochist to try that suicide challenge.

560cool.
September 13th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Yes, I know. Here is the exact quote from the HGSS GameFAQs walkthrough ...

x---------------------------------------x
| THE SURVIVAL CHALLENGE |
This combines the former two into one - no Pokemon Centers and no Poke Marts!
This means you cannot heal, and the only healing items you are going to get is
anything you pick up in the field - I would highly recommend the use of the
Dowsing MCHN to pick up items as you will want everything you can find,
particularly regarding Ethers and whatnot. Remember that breaking rocks in the
Ruins of Alph will occasionally treat you to a Max Revive or Max Ether as well;
this will be an invaluable tool.

You'll want to choose a starter who can learn a lot of moves - quite possibly
Totodile will be the best choice, especially since it also gets Ice Fang,
substituting for the lost Blizzard. A second worthy Pokemon would be Geodude,
who can be caught in the Ruins of Alph at a pretty high level for the time
with Rock Smash - Geodude can be useful in taking down Bugsy and the areas
before him, as well as a bit after (Geodude can notably come in useful for
Whitney.) As with the no Pokemon Center challenge, I would again recommend
you pick up Gyarados as soon as you can.

Be sure to time the Mahogany heal well, so you get it when you need it.

In regards to Pokemon who need to be traded to evolve, you should try and avoid
trading like the plague as much as possible. The best time to trade would be
after you have just been healed, such as after meeting Lance in the rocket
hideout or after beating the Elite Four; try to do that if you can.

The Pokeathlon prizes being legal are also up to the player's discretion. You
don't technically spend money on them, however.

This can make the game pretty hard; good luck if you attempt this!I said it from memory, so I was wrong. Well, anyways, as you can see, you can use items, but only the ones you get on the field.
Well, someone can attempt it. And who is that ?
I'll let you guys guess.

and yes, I approve of this title :-)

chaos11011
September 13th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Usualy Nuzlocke is worked around by Solo-ing but with that Survival challenge I can't find a loop hole (unless Struggle is the Loop Hole ;D) To win this challenge you need Momento and Explosion http://209.85.122.87/5908/85/0/e5011287/e5011287.png Lol Jk.In all seriousness this seems like a diffiicult challenge.

-Now asumes I am part of the Cool Challenge Forum Group but really isn't xD-

AceDragonite
September 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I would partake in the word challenge but I'm one of those people that can't do more than two challenges. Which will be three when I get a helper for my Random Moveset Challenge lurking at the bottom D:. Well I hoping I get a customer soon or I will be dishearted.

Fire Emblem is a great game series...really I recommend you try it. That was off topic but thought id throw that out there x3

people have Nuzlocked Fire Emblem Before. I've actually Nuzlocked Fifa 10 :D

chaos11011
September 13th, 2010, 04:59 PM
people have Nuzlocked Fire Emblem Before. I've actually Nuzlocked Fifa 10 :D
How in the world do you do that?

OnTopic: It's just like the Begining Letter challenge but you use the Last letter instead.Yeah yu can just add that to the optional rules but still thats my 2 cents.

or

Move Choice Challenge:You may only use Pokemon 1 Pokemon must only use Physical attacks, one only uses special and one only uses Status.

560cool.
September 14th, 2010, 04:22 AM
@ AceDragonite : How can you nuzlocke a soccer game ? Sounds interesting, might do this on FIFA 10 on my PSP.

@chaos11011 : Move Choice Challenge sounds like and awesome one, I might try when I finish Favorite on Platinum.

Also, I wanted to bring something up ... :

The Pokewalker Challenge

Some of you might remember this, some might not. It is the challenge where you only use Pokemon from the Pokewalker (as many as you like). But, I wanted to add a twist to it.

The Nuzlocke Pokewalker Challenge

Yes, a challenge where you only use Pokewalker Pokemon, one per route, and with the fainting Nuzlocke rules.
That actually limits the number of Pokemon by a lot. And thus, it becomes much harder.

Tell me what you think ! :-)

chaos11011
September 14th, 2010, 04:41 AM
@ AceDragonite : How can you nuzlocke a soccer game ? Sounds interesting, might do this on FIFA 10 on my PSP.

@chaos11011 : Move Choice Challenge sounds like and awesome one, I might try when I finish Favorite on Platinum.

Also, I wanted to bring something up ... :

The Pokewalker Challenge

Some of you might remember this, some might not. It is the challenge where you only use Pokemon from the Pokewalker (as many as you like). But, I wanted to add a twist to it.

The Nuzlocke Pokewalker Challenge

Yes, a challenge where you only use Pokewalker Pokemon, one per route, and with the fainting Nuzlocke rules.
That actually limits the number of Pokemon by a lot. And thus, it becomes much harder.

Tell me what you think ! :-)
If I could find my Pokéwalker in my moving Boxes (it must be in one of my 4,000,000 Pokémon related boxes) I'd Defently do that.Because that make my HG Nuzlocke Run 1,000,000 times more interesting

560cool.
September 14th, 2010, 05:08 AM
If I could find my Pokéwalker in my moving Boxes (it must be in one of my 4,000,000 Pokémon related boxes) I'd Defently do that.Because that make my HG Nuzlocke Run 1,000,000 times more interesting

I know. And it adds a lot of twists. And it gets you a lot more active. ;-)

Also, here are some other challenges from that Walkthrough :

| THE NO POKECENTER CHALLENGE |
As the name says, this involves taking on the game without the use of a Pokemon
Center. This means you'll be keeping any damage your Pokemon take for a long
time, as well as quite possibly having a lot of PP problems with your Pokemon.
PC use is also disallowed for the purpose of healing; it should only be used
in the event you are permanently trading out a member of your party for another
Pokemon in the PC.

There are some healing points in the game that are forced; this means you get
a couple of chances to heal, but not very many at all:
- Talking to Mr. Pokemon about the egg
- Getting healed by Lance in the Mahogany Rocket Base
- Defeating Lance at the Pokemon League
- Defeating Red at Mt. Silver

Apart from these, there is nothing you can do to heal, so you will have to
strive very highly on items to survive. You may also need to catch more Pokemon
to share out the PP use, since you won't be able to consistently use one
Pokemon unless you have a lot of PP to spare.

Technically, you can heal by defeating the Elite Four, though whether you want
to do that is entirely your choice. Technically it's not an "optional" healing,
but the Elite Four itself is optional at point, so it's really a matter of
morals. Do you think it counts..?

This challenge can get hard at parts, particularly if your levels start getting
low because you have to use so many Pokemon to keep up the PP. I would probably
recommend getting the Gyarados at the Lake of Rage ASAP, and piling whatever
you can onto it. Remember that teaching new TMs will restore PP, as well as
a combination of HMs and move deleters - this could be particularly useful
if you're using Gyarados, as you can always keep Waterfall topped up.

| THE NO POKEMART CHALLENGE |
Again like the name states, this involves playing the game without the use of
a PokeMart - you can certainly go in one, but you cannot buy anything, and
this generally includes not being able to get items that your mother buys
either (though this is entirely up to the challenger.) This means you get no
extra healing items or Poke Balls, so you will have to make do with what you
have. You'll also be unable to pick up any of the strong TMs at Goldenrod,
so you'll have to settle for whatever Ice-type moves you can get.

For the record, this could also include the Game Corner, but that is again the
player's choice. Perhaps I should just call it the "no money use" challenge?

The No-Mart challenge was discussed on PC, and the Survival Challenge just combines those two. :-)

chaos11011
September 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Again those seem fun.Once Im done with Nuzlocke I might do them (or the combination of both (Survival))

560cool.
September 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Now this title : this title wins.
But I don't wanna do every challenge... I don't have time. The fault of the school. /o\

chaos11011
September 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
560cool. can't pull a myrrhman xD

I shouldn't be saying anything because of all the Challenges I did I have percrastinated like 90% of them D:

Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

Dixie Kong
September 14th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Hey hey, now. I'll be nice and won't infract you since it's your birthday, but don't be posting stuff that gets *'d out. Edit the post please, 560cool. Anyway, I am so bad about completing challenges. Unfortunately, I always choose to do challenges on HGSS, and challenges for those two (and GSC) end with Red. I don't wanna play that long. :( I barely do that on a normal playthrough, lmao.

myrrhman
September 14th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Lol, I almost have the same problem. I usually start a challenge, and by the time I get halfway through with it (unless it's on RBYGSC), I find another challenge to do, and sort of push the first challenge aside. I still need to finish my Ulti Ghost. I'm freaking on the seventh gym of the last region...

560cool.
September 15th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Well, I am exactly the same in matters of challenge.
Something like myrrhman. I also don't get bored if GSC is in the challenge, since I Spacebar my way through and it becomes way easier.

And Syd, sorry. I wasn't on today. Again, school.

Dixie Kong
September 15th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I rarely ever use my ROMs to play. I like to be able to have the game with me when I go places, so...yeah. lol But I do have ROMs for RBY, GSC, and RSE. And Mother 3, but that doesn't apply here.

560cool.
September 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Okay, people. It seems like this is Sydian's child, so try not to disturb it. :-)
I have ROMs of every Pokemon game up to Emerald on my notebook, plus some hacks (Quartz, Shiny Gold, rijonAdventures, Brown, Prism, RD Series) and Pokemon Raptor.
My netbook is stashed ! :-P

chaos11011
September 15th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Wait what Rom Discussion. I thought I was in the Challenge Forums :O

We'll yeah for CHALLENGES I use Any Pokémon game but for rom's the only CHALLENGE I've ever completed Is Moemon Fire Red Omega.Brown just bored me D:

(Bolded to indicate it's not Off Topic)

560cool.
September 15th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Actually, we can slightly drop off topic. And still, it is about CHALLENGE roms.
Anyways, what is Moemon ?
Okay, that was a bit retarded....

chaos11011
September 15th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Moemon is Pokémon in Small Girl/Human form.That way when you nuzlocke it seems more realistic. (If Little Girls with super powers is Realistic.)

myrrhman
September 15th, 2010, 01:49 PM
The only ROM I've played is the Black demo. I thought it was pretty fun, but a bit odd, iirc. I like emulators better because I'm rarely not with my computer, and the whole speed button thing....

chaos11011
September 15th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I use both :P Gen 4 Games I use DS/ When I'm away from my CPU for the weekend.The Rest I just Spam emulators. Speed Bar comes in handy for Grinding and maybe that's why I perfer percrastinating my HG Nuzlocke cause my DS doesn't have a speed button D:<

Dixie Kong
September 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I only brought up that I don't use my ROMs to do CHALLENGES on because I go on a good bit of band trips and like to have the games I'm doing a CHALLENGE on with me to pass the time.

myrrhman
September 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, Syd, when I was doing the Catch 'em All CHALLENGE, I was just a little high schooler with my little high school friends. We would trade and breed our Pokemon, and all was good. But then I didn't want to erase that data, because come on, it was tough getting all 493 Pokemon. Don't want to erase that. So I use ROM's to do my CHALLENGES nowadays. Except those on DPPt, because I don't have a ROM for those.

Dixie Kong
September 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh, you guys don't know how much I hate doing CHALLENGES on DPPt. I can't seem to even do a normal playthrough of those games anymore, let alone a CHALLENGE. Just something about it bores me, so my best bet for completing a CHALLENGE is to play with either RSE or HGSS.

chaos11011
September 16th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Wow my idea got popular O_o

I used to do a lot of CHALLENGES because I to had a lot of band trip when I lived in USA (Symphonic/Top Band FTW :D) but now I live in Bra(z/s)il so now I don't get as much oppurtunities to do CHALLENGES outside of my own home anymore.

And Ironicly Sydian my first CHALLENGE I've completed was DPPt xD

Weavile05
September 16th, 2010, 02:59 AM
The only time I've ever beaten pokemon red was in my normal monotype challenge. Also the only time I've gotten this far is in GSC (although i have beaten HGSS) was in the same challenge. In the future it may even be the first time I ever beat Emerald!

Speaking of Speed up buttons (from a little earlier in the thread) HGSS music played at 2 times the speed sounds awesome. However, there are some that do just sound flat out terrible. Like the Rival Batte.

560cool.
September 16th, 2010, 10:52 AM
My DS... I use it in the car. It takes me 30 minutes to get to school, so I play every morning ! :-P
I will now proceed with some ROM hack CHALLENGES because normal games got really boring for CHALLENGES.

Dixie Kong
September 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Weavile05 has failed us for not getting involved with the CHALLENGE idea.

560cool.
September 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
CHALLENGE, CHALLENGER, CHALLINGEST !
CHALLENGER, CHALLENGING, CHALLENGINSTIC.
CHALENGENISTICOSOGISTIMOCHALLENODROM.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous. Here are some of the "Challenge" stuff.
I love challenges !

myrrhman
September 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
OMG Syd, I know what you mean!!! I haven't beaten HG/SS yet (I'm to Red, but there's no motivation). And since Diamond houses my completed Catch 'em All challenge, and Pearl is being loaned to a friend, I'm stuck on Platinum (which I think is even harder than the other two). Stuck at the seventh gym with my ghost team there.

Dixie Kong
September 16th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Platinum I enjoyed very much. However, I'm never restarting it...ever. If I ever wanna play Platinum again, I will have to buy another one...and with game prices these days, that's ruled out. Until Platinum is considered "old" and I'm bothered enough to buy another one.

chaos11011
September 17th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I once said I would never restart my Platinum/Soul Silver.But it's not my fault when +Select+B) and deleates them D:<

I was sad to cause I just finished EV Training my 12th Pokémon,and they were all on Platinum D: (One of which was a Shiny Skarmory from SS D:) I never EV'd again and went directly to Shoddy to battle.

Oh well,now I use them to CHALLENGE spam I guess. (That word make this Post OnTOpic (Slightly) Yayyy)

Vamaar
September 18th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I just had a concept for a challenge that I think would be interesting: The never look back challenge. Basically, once you leave an area, unless an ingame event forces you to return to that area, you cannot return. So, once you deliver Oak's Parcel to Pallet town, you do not return to pallet town, ever. Once you've beaten Brock, don't go back to Pewter once you leave. If you can go somewhere, but don't need to, don't go that way. (Going into the pokemon tower before you get the Silph Scope, for example. Naturally, getting whited out means you lose, as it returns you to a place you've already been

I'd be interested in seeing how that turned out, any takers?

dragon0fangz
September 18th, 2010, 07:58 AM
a wild IDEA appears!

Its not much of one, but you could do like a monotype CHALLENGE (or solo or nuzlocke or etc.) exclusively for all finished pokemon hacks. (so that's Brown, RD Realm of Legends, Quartz, Topaz.) If im missing any, please let me know, SO I CAN GET THEM.

also, do I really have to bold the word CHALLENGE?

560cool.
September 18th, 2010, 09:02 AM
No, bolding CHALLENGE is just our little trend.
Many people do CHALLENGES on hacks. Even if you got some names wrong (REIGN of Legends, and what is Topaz ?), it is a nice idea if you never did it.

dragon0fangz
September 18th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Topaz is this fakemon hack, similar quality to Quartz >_> made by Bazza. ehh. but someone should make an organized CHALLENGE thread

Dixie Kong
September 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM
/old meme is old :(

I just had to drop out of a challenge. lol Bad, bad, bad challenge mod, I know. By the way, if anyone causes any mischief in any of my sections, this bad mamma jamma will get you, so be on the look out.

http://i55.tinypic.com/k1v4at.png

grrr scary seed bby!

560cool.
September 19th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Nice one, but, going off topic, who started this image lock thingy ? I first saw Nica's Cherrim, and now this.

And to be not completly off topic, mondays suck nuzlocke had an epic ending. And I lost all of my team mates except for Loan Shark the Croconaw is SS.

/fail/

Vamaar
September 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I wonder if it would be worth making a challenge compilation thread? A thread that has all of the challenges and relative links to the threads in it, maybe a short description, and then a list of challenges that are too obscure or otherwise not worth a thread? Because I've seen a few good ideas and other challenges buried, and it would be useful for those who want to do a lot of challenges.

Dixie Kong
September 19th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Technically, it started with Furret lock, which Audy has been using for ages. We just all decided that we were gen V obsessed and wanted our own locks. ^-^

About that compilation thread, I wouldn't really want to put the challenges that aren't made, because going through this thread would take ages. Plus, if I put a list and link to current challenges, it'd need constant updating for when they die off and when new ones are made and fffff. Guys, if you think this section is a mess when you see it, it's even worse for me because I can see all the deleted threads. So half the first page in this section is locked stuff. Haven't seen a new challenge in a week though.

myrrhman
September 19th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Syd, that's why you need someone like me to watch over it! I've always wanted something like this to happen, especially for people like me. It can totally be stickied and stuff, and then if I don't see a challenge and someone else spies it, they can tell me and I'll add it in. Please?

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM
OK guys, I've got some ideas, hope some turn out to be at least workable:

1 - pokemon Gym Leader Region Takeover:

choose a region other than the one you're playing in. Each gym leader in your game must be beaten using the pokemon type of the gym leader in their position of the region of choice. (Basically, if you're playing in Hoenn, and choose Kanto, then you'll take on Roxanne with Brock's rock types, go up against Brawly with Misty's waters... as if the Kanto leaders were staging a coup. Just an idea)

/Also, am I really slow that I've only just noticed that the Kanto leaders pwn each other in succession type-wise as the gyms get tougher? Erika>Surge>Misty>Brock, etc. In Johto, it's roughly opposite - so that if the leaders got off their butts and started looking for a promotion, they'd fall like dominoes all the way from Karen to Falkner... who would be second only to Lance o.O (Karen<Bruno<Koga<Will, Claire<Pryce<Jasmine<Chuck<Whitney, Bugsy<Falkner)/

2 - Pokemon team renewal:

Have to have a team of 4-6 ASAP and at all times.
Each pokemon species/family can only be used against one gym leader (other trainers are fair game).
E4 team is made up of pokemon used in a gym battle, but from different teams.
Goes kind of well with Nuzlocke.

3 - pokemon doubles:

If you're going to use something, you must use two of it on your party, with at most 1 shared move. Gender specification is optional.
No HM slaves - or 2 of the same :> player's choice.

4 - pokemon sandwich challenge:

You may only use pokemon that are the middle form of three-member families (Lairon, Machoke, Skiploom, etc.). The families must have been introduced with all three pieces in the same gen (so Magmar/Electabuzz/Pikachu don't count).
It's ok to catch and evolve the basic forms, but only evolve them once (obviously).
Every eligible pokemon must be caught until the player has a team of 6 pokemon. If you faint it, you must catch that species ASAP. Later captures are optional.
Unused HM slave = optionally ok

5 - last but not least, pokemon consecutive type challenge:

- Only single-typed pokemon are allowed here. Normal/Flying counts as single-type Flying.
- Player must catch the first eligible pokemon they see of each type. A second capture for each type is optional, but two of each is maximum.
Here's the catch: the player can only (and must, if possible) use 3 consecutive types of pokemon from the following list as their party at any given time:
Grass/Bug/Poison/Fire/Water/Ice/Normal/Flying/Dragon/Electric/Fighting/Ground/
Rock/Psychic/Ghost/Dark/Steel/Grass <-- the list comes full circle.
This order isn't random, it's the one I always use, based on the TCG ^^'
So, say Seaking is your water type, and you want to carry him. Then, you could have Fire, Water, and Ice pokemon, Poison/Fire/Water or Water/Ice/Normal pokemon only on your team. That's why 2 pokemon of each type are handy if you want to make it a bit easier ;) Example team: Magmar/Arcanine/Seaking/Blastoise/Glalie/Glalie
Say you wanted to use your Exploud - no problem, but you're stuck with at least one Ice and at least one Flying; at least one Flying and one Dragon; or at least one Water and one Ice (Ice/Normal/Flying, Normal/Flying/Dragon, Water/Ice/Normal).
- Your optional second catch pokemon for each type can only be used alongside the first catch for that type (not without its counterpart). So if you randomly get Poliwhirl as your water, and then go and catch yourself a Seadra, then you can't carry Seadra without Poliwhirl.
- Repeats are ok, just remember - no split-type pokemon.
- No trading.
- NFE pokemon do count; you may not evolve them beyond their single-type stage. Good luck with Metapod as your random-catch Bug :>
- Also, your starter counts as the first eligible pokemon for Grass, Fire or Water. Remember: no Bulbasaur! No Charizard (only Charmeleon), no Combusken/Blaziken, no Marshtomp/Swampert etc. So if you want Torchic, you're stuck with Torchic.
- HM slaves are ok for 2 spots, if you have to use them. Just don't battle with them.

Thanks for listening :]

EDIT: 6 - Route Challenge!

You must train all of the pokemon from a random route and its two neighbours (you'd be assigned the route by a randomiser).
They should be kept around even levels/used at least once in a gym leader battle.
Evolving pokemon is fine.
No trades.
Pokemon that are found on the assigned routes can be caught earlier; it would be boring to go through with your starter until you got to routes 16/17/18 or something.
Sea routes count too - fishing, surfing and diving are all fine ways to get pokemon.
HM slaves ok, not for battle and frowned upon if not completely necessary ^^'
Example: I get 102/103/104 in Ruby - I have to train one each of Gardevoir, Masquerain, Azumarill (?), Linoone, Mightyena, Beautifly, Dustox, Shiftry, Pelipper, Tentacruel ^^. (Possibly more, not sure).

Everlark
September 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
I dig that middle challenge, because most of my favorite Pokemon are the middle stages (Quilava, Combusken, Marshtomp, Dragonair, Nidorina, etc.)

Syd, that's why you need someone like me to watch over it! I've always wanted something like this to happen, especially for people like me. It can totally be stickied and stuff, and then if I don't see a challenge and someone else spies it, they can tell me and I'll add it in. Please?

We can figure something out. Since challenges are so inactive right now, it might be easier to set it up during this time. But we can think of something and get that working.

Yes, this is my alt, for those that didn't know.

chaos11011
September 21st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Syd,I remember that nickname :O When I saw it I thought you changed your name back xD

[Insert black and White Fandom here]

Um I'm in the mood for some Survival Challenge (Mainly cause Nuzlocke is in a dead end right now because I absolutly hate Grinding) (expects "THen why are you in Nuzlocke" xD) So I'll prob do that when I get the chance.

I also might have to do every challenge inthis thread cause my birthday is on Sunday (26th) Oh joy.

Kenpokid
September 21st, 2010, 11:02 AM
Egg Group Challenge

People could cheat using Ditto :/

Dixie Kong
September 21st, 2010, 11:06 AM
They can't cheat using Ditto because Ditto is its own Egg Group, and the challenge revolves around using Pokemon of a certain egg group. So you'd be stuck with only Ditto if you chose that Egg Group.

And no Chaos, I won't make you do every challenge in the thread. Just that survival challenge. That's it. :P

SacredMiKeY
September 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Do we have to use pokemon only for challenges, or can we use other games?

560cool.
September 21st, 2010, 11:34 AM
Syd always finds cute titles, OMG OMG !!!1111!!!11!
Eh, whatever.
Nice ideas you got there, Dunsparce. I was a bit too lazy to read through them all though xD
Sandwich challenge sounds really fun (and the name is catchy too), mostly because it is easy, and, well I am quite lazy. And SoulSilver hurt today. A LOT.
Okay, the rest, I am inactive. Oh well, I just hope I can log in my EPIC nuzzy.
I mean, epic failing.

Dixie Kong
September 21st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Do we have to use pokemon only for challenges, or can we use other games?

Um, considering all these challenges are for Pokemon games, yes? I mean, you're asking in a section called General Pokemon Gaming Discussion, so I don't know what kinda answer you're expecting.

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 21st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys, good to know they might get somewhere. I intend to try as many of those as possible myself, I'll get back to this thread when I'm done.

Most of all, I'd really like to know how any of these could be made more fun, 'cause I only know my own preferences - and most of all, they are for it to be difficult/force me to use weird pokes.

I'm currently doing a modified Nuzlocke: the usual rules, plus all pkmn I own must be at least a certain level before each gym, otherwise they're unusable (dead) after that gym. Also, I'm test-running the Team Replacement challenge I talked about earlier in the same game - so each poke species can only fight in 1 gym battle. Wonder what will happen when I hit the water routes :/

chaos11011
September 21st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Yes, I know. Here is the exact quote from the HGSS GameFAQs walkthrough ...

I said it from memory, so I was wrong. Well, anyways, as you can see, you can use items, but only the ones you get on the field.
Well, someone can attempt it. And who is that ?
I'll let you guys guess.

and yes, I approve of this title :-)
Looks that person is me :O (yes I pulled this quote from a couple pages back xD

I'm debating wether(spelling fail) to do the Survival Challenge now and not record.Or wait till I find my video Camera and make a Playthrough (kinda like what I did in my HG Mono type exept I will record the whole thing) (And with Slow Internet being in Brasil this will be annoying D:)

myrrhman
September 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM
chaos, we can both do this. I'd like to do it as well. What game will you be using?

chaos11011
September 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Myrrh,I will be using Heart Gold because Rock Smash is a necessity in this run.I've decided that I will record but if Youtube annoys me like my last recorded run (Not Uploading/Uploading out of order/taking 24 hours to upload one video) I will stop.I'm asl gonna be creative and Nickname my pokes after some of you guys (Sydian,Mondays,560Cool.,Myrrhman and Myself of course xD) Who you guys will be named after I will not say,because unlike Black and White this will not be spoiled >:D

Also Myrrh we have to test some stuff like does Trading/Pokethlon heal because if they do we must ban it or unless its necessary like Trade evo's or Obtaining Evolution Items. I'm pretty motivated to do this because I personaly like recording and this can be a good base for when I do a recorded Playthrough of Black I will get some idea to do so.

(Also who will make the thread,If I do you can be co-owner.And if you do could I be Co-Owner?)

myrrhman
September 22nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
(Also who will make the thread,If I do you can be co-owner.And if you do could I be Co-Owner?)
Absolutely.

Also, because I think it's important and can really help people out a ton, I'm going to remind everyone: we need a stickied thread with a collective list of all the challenges. I'm thinking it should be like this:

Current Challenges:

Challenge A, hosted by individual I: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge B, hosted by individual I: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge C, hosted by individual $: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge

Abandoned Challenges:

Challenge A, hosted by individual I: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge B, hosted by individual I: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge C, hosted by individual 4561: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge

Remade Challenges:

Challenge A, hosted by individual T: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge B, hosted by individual 10: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge
Challenge C, hosted by individual ™: http://www.url.com: Description of the challenge

New Ideas:

Possible Name of challenge S, name of person who came up with it, description
Possible Name of challenge L, name of person who came up with it, description
Possible Name of challenge 2, name of person who came up with it, description

Current Challenges are all the challenges that are active on the challenge board. Please tell me you understand this part, because if you don't, society has no hope.

Abandoned Challenges are challenges that were being posted in, but for some reason or another, nobody loved them anymore, and they slowly got pruned out.

Remade Challenges are challenges that are either abandoned or locked because a new, shinier challenge came along. I know that I did a couple of monotype challenges in RBY for instance, and when I do the Ultimate Monotype for that type, I'll want to just be able to say, "Yo, here's my Kanto leg. I did it 4 months ago or whatever."

New Ideas are the challenges that sort of arise in this thread, but never get off the ground yet. If someone thinks, "Hey, this is a cool idea! I wanna make that!" then all they have to do is ask the original thinker for permission.

Whadda ya think?

Domin-8
September 22nd, 2010, 04:18 PM
I just have to say that looks good to me.
It would keep track easier.
And hey even though I don't post a lot, I could keep you guys informed on stuff that you may miss.
If you wish.

myrrhman
September 22nd, 2010, 06:48 PM
What I had in mind is that since it's a sticky thread, everyone can post in it. Once someone comes up with a new idea, they post it there. Same goes for if anyone notices a thread move from active to abandoned, or if someone sees a challenge get remade.

Dixie Kong
September 22nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
An official index sticky that everyone posts in? That sounds like the biggest no-no if I ever heard one. Besides if there's going to be a challenge index thread, I would much prefer, no offense, people with decent typing and font formatting to make it look good. Plus it would get locked so that people aren't all up in there posting and what not. I'd have to edit posts though, since once a thread's locked, you can't edit them. I don't know about it though. I'm not seeing the point in it too much. It's not like the fan fiction index thread. Fan fics are in more abundance and they're for reading, not participating. So even the fan fics that are already locked but are on the index (like mine), they're fine since they're purpose is to be read, not to be posted in. The part with the dying/dead challenges could be potential baddies since people like to revive old threads, and then they'd still sit there on the list, just because we have that one category for the dying challenges. Maybe in a different organization, such as sorting them by region/game/misc.

Either way, if this happens, it will not be any time soon. I said that now would be a good time to do it since this place hasn't had a new challenge in weeks, but right now, the idea is just not appealing to me.

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 23rd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Alright, question - if I wanted to test run a challenge idea before sending it for moderator assessment, is there a place on the forum for me to post logs, or should I just keep them to myself until further notice?

Also, I'd quite like it if there was some kind of challenge-idea directory... but it's not a must, because all it takes is a little bit of time to look through this thread. Just my 2 cents.

chaos11011
September 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
The Challenge Forum isn't really that big,I don't know why we need a directory.Does it kill you to skim 2 pages.

The same amount of time to go on the Directory thread and find the thread you want,you would already be done finding the thread normaly. So that Idea is a big thumbs down.

@GGSD At the moment I guess you should keep it to yourself,but I will leave that to Sydian to decide.

AceDragonite
September 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
this title reeks of n008...

Porygon Z
September 24th, 2010, 01:49 AM
Can we start with some B/W Challenges?
It's a good idea after all!

インフェルノの津波
September 24th, 2010, 02:08 AM
How about the 500 Base Stat Challenge?

chaos11011
September 24th, 2010, 03:03 AM
this title reeks of n008...
:t008: xD Wait that means noob doesn't it? Thank god I didn't make the title.
Can we start with some B/W Challenges?
It's a good idea after all!
Won't that be unintentional spoiling?

Porygon Z
September 24th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Won't that be unintentional spoiling?

Yes, but this challenge is for who wants to try it, none others.
And, for those who don't want to be spoilered, just don't enter in those threads.

chaos11011
September 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Yes, but this challenge is for who wants to try it, none others.
And, for those who don't want to be spoilered, just don't enter in those threads.
Then be sure to make the Thread Title along these lines:
B/W:______ Challenge (Possible Spoilers)

Or Something like that.

560cool.
September 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I just fell in a pool with my DS in my pocket. My DS is currently destroyed, it doesn't work.
Well, only occassionally and it has random crashes anyways.
That means that my SS Nuzlocke is in a stall, and I hate that. I mean, it's the weekendz, and what am I supposed to do ?

Dixie Kong
September 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Pory-Z, I saw your BW solo challenge. I sent messages to the members that run the main challenges that cover all generations, so the posts will be edited to include BW. And I'm also going to bring it to the admin's attention that we need a BW prefix to be added. So don't worry, we're working on getting the BW challenges up and running. :) However, I don't expect a lot of people to do challenges on BW too soon, since most people don't have it and people probably just wanna play through like normal and get a good feel of the game.

And that directory thread, I'm still iffy on. Like Chaos said, it's just 2 pages (the others past that are all inactive).

I also thought of a sort of challenge today while I was playing HG outside the library, however it might just be a personal feat I want to do out of boredom. But the gist of it is that one day, you play one game. Just start wherever you left off on it, whether you were doing a challenge or done with it or whatever. Don't restart...like...hold on.

Day 1 - Red Version
Day 2 - Blue
Day 3 - Yellow
Day 4 - Gold
Etc.

You take that cycle, skipping a game if you don't have it of course, but yeah. Up until Black or White. What you do is just play where you left off and only play that game that particular day. You don't have to be glued to it, but just play it enough to get somewhere. And at the end of that day, you post where you started and your team at that point and where you stopped by the time you were done for that day. I might do this...since I have all the games (except Green). It's only mainstream games, so no spin offs. I hope that idea made sense. :( I don't think I'll post a thread for it...mainly cause I can't think of a name.

mondays suck
September 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a good idea, Syd, although it might be good to shuffle the order a bit. Always playing twin/triplet versions right after each other looks like a bit tedious to me.

Porygon Z
September 24th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Really, a very good idea, since I've got too all games.

But, why not inserting also a spin-off like Mystery Dungeons?

It would be more funnier and longer :D

560cool.
September 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Okay, I get your point, Syd. But since it gets really tedious to play every game from every gen., how about this :

Day 1 - Red
Day 2 - Silver
Day 3 - Emerald
Day 4 - Diamond
Day 5 - Black (if you have it).

Remember, it is just a suggestion so that it doesn't get really iffy.
And we also need to think up a name...

Dixie Kong
September 24th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a good idea, Syd, although it might be good to shuffle the order a bit. Always playing twin/triplet versions right after each other looks like a bit tedious to me.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Cause I hate DP and FRLG and wouldn't wanna play them consistently. I might post this later. Also, you don't have to be too consistent with your days either. You don't have to play every single day. We have lives. Maybe.

Really, a very good idea, since I've got too all games.

But, why not inserting also a spin-off like Mystery Dungeons?

It would be more funnier and longer

I think the reason I thought this would be fun is because I have been feeling really nostalgic lately, and I really wanna just play some old games for a bit.

Oh, and it wouldn't matter if you used ROMs or a hard copy. I have two copies of Emerald, but I'd prefer to use my ROM since 1 Emerald is storage and the other is probably done. If you have multiples of a game, you can choose which one you want to play.

Yeah...I think I just might post this later. :)

Okay, I get your point, Syd. But since it gets really tedious to play every game from every gen., how about this :

Day 1 - Red
Day 2 - Silver
Day 3 - Emerald
Day 4 - Diamond
Day 5 - Black (if you have it).

Remember, it is just a suggestion so that it doesn't get really iffy.
And we also need to think up a name...

Yeah, I suppose you can just ask someone to mix up the order, just tell them which games you have. I'd probably put White last since it's on its way for me. And I'm really weird about having something missing, so I feel like I would have to have both Black and White in there. Haha. I'm just weird like that I guess. And feel free to pitch name ideas at me. :) I'll start thinking of some as well...like while I'm in band.

Oh, and you don't really have to go in generation order. I might start with Ruby then go to Black then Yellow, etc. I mean, think of crazy combos. :P Oh, and this would include the remakes as well. Like I said, every mainstream (or as many as you have).

560cool.
September 24th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Okay, I think I'll do your challenge when it's up, Syd. But with those rules I posted a bit above.

We have lives. Maybe.
Lol. This gave me a good laugh ! xD

chaos11011
September 24th, 2010, 01:46 PM
New challenge sounds cool I guess,since I have no life :D

Oh and I HATE YOUTUBE D:

Takes 6 minutes to upload 1% so that means it takes me 600 Minutes (10 hours). And I'm not going through that,sorry everyone who wanted a video walkthrough (Probably nobody) but I let you guys down.

Since I can spoil all I want this was gonna be my Survival Team

Sydian/Quilava (My two cents is that Sydian would kill me if I didn't xD)

560cool./Scizor (Arceus was his avatar (old one that is) and that's the PokéGod and since when Scizor wasn't god)

Myrrhman/Lanturn (Myrrh likes Water types and I need a Gyra Counter)

Chaos11011/Xatu (Idk I need a flyer and well it has wish,plus I wanna name >:D)

Monday(s)Suck/Jumpluff (Today I will finaly insert a Zombie Jumpluff in your Avi Mondays)

AceDragon(ite)/Dragonite (Well your username makes it obvious plus who dosn't wanna be an Extremespeed Dragonite :D

Key: "( )" = the part of your Username that dosn't co-operate with the 10 Character Limit Pokémon has

I will try to make the thread right now so I can Update without annoying you all xD

WE MUST ALL COPY SYDIAN'S THEME >:D

Dixie Kong
September 24th, 2010, 07:44 PM
lmao, if you let me die, I am coming after you with a rake. :( (Not really, but you know.)

560cool.
September 25th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Eh, don't kill me chaos. And don't run out of PP on me. And if you're plying DPPt, teach me Bullet Punch. lol.
Well, I am beggining Syd's challenge. With Blue. I think there was a Nuzlocke on my Blue, but then I got bored and started abusing the Mew Glitch with the Abra I caught. xD
I'll get to raising that Lv. 11 Scyther I named GLITCH, and hopepfully make some progress before I move to Silver.

chaos11011
September 25th, 2010, 02:19 AM
lmao, if you let me die, I am coming after you with a rake. :( (Not really, but you know.)
Don't worry I won't. (Mainly because your my only Pokémon that can fight Atm)
Eh, don't kill me chaos. And don't run out of PP on me. And if you're plying DPPt, teach me Bullet Punch. lol.
Well, I am beggining Syd's challenge. With Blue. I think there was a Nuzlocke on my Blue, but then I got bored and started abusing the Mew Glitch with the Abra I caught. xD
I'll get to raising that Lv. 11 Scyther I named GLITCH, and hopepfully make some progress before I move to Silver.
I'm Playing Heart Gold so I'm only getting Bullet Punch for you at Clair :(
Your Moveset will prob. be this: Cut,Rock Smash,Bullet Punch,X Scissor
(Abusing Technition :D)

mondays suck
September 25th, 2010, 04:12 AM
@chaos: I bet I'll be the first to die. But not before evolving into Jumpluff, please, since there are no such things as a Zombie Hoppip or a Zombie Skiploom.

560cool.
September 25th, 2010, 05:24 AM
@chaos : So, I look like a Tech HM Slave ? Hm, that's cool, since Cut gets to 75 BP, Rock Smash to 60 BP and Bullet Punch to an outrageous 90 BP.
Which is cool.

Dixie Kong
September 25th, 2010, 11:44 AM
/sucks at sticking to a theme

Guys, I hate Diamond so much. lmao I have been in the damn forest all day, just grinding a Tyrogue to level 20, and then I am getting the heck out of here. I think this is an abandoned random challenge, cause there is no way I would have ever randomly decided "Hm, I think I'll trade a Chinchou and Tyrogue to Diamond!" I mean...really. lol But it's not as bad as how tomorrow will be when I go to FireRed. Sick.

mal'akh
September 25th, 2010, 12:41 PM
/sucks at sticking to a theme

Guys, I hate Diamond so much. lmao I have been in the damn forest all day, just grinding a Tyrogue to level 20, and then I am getting the heck out of here. I think this is an abandoned random challenge, cause there is no way I would have ever randomly decided "Hm, I think I'll trade a Chinchou and Tyrogue to Diamond!" I mean...really. lol But it's not as bad as how tomorrow will be when I go to FireRed. Sick.
Especially a Tyrogue! >.>
See, this is why I do my best to get into a challenge as far as possible before quitting. xD
That way I don't end up with a Tyrogue in Eterna Forest pwning Bunearys all day. >.>"

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
This is still the challenge idea thread, right?

Ok, here's something (I think) is rarely taken into consideration:
Pokemon growth rate (ie experience needed to reach lv 100).

The Growth Group Challenge:
- you may only use pokemon with the same growth rate (erratic, fast, medium, parabolic, slow, or fluctuating)

Medium is easiest (has the most pokes), but not hugely powerful; parabolic is more limited and slower to raise (marginally) but has stronger members, fluctuating takes the longest and has very few, etc.

I'd do that, especially to try and complete the challenge for each growth group.

I can post lists if they're ever needed. :>

dragon0fangz
September 25th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Something to think about.
Does anyone get sick of those challenges where the only thing decided is the pokemon you use?
Like, you get the letter K, use pokemon that starts with K.
They're not really challenges, just an interesting way to choose the pokemon you use.
I want more creative challenges.
Who here remembers the scramble challenge? now THAT was epic.

mal'akh
September 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Something to think about.
Does anyone get sick of those challenges where the only thing decided is the pokemon you use?
Like, you get the letter K, use pokemon that starts with K.
They're not really challenges, just an interesting way to choose the pokemon you use.
I want more creative challenges.
Who here remembers the scramble challenge? now THAT was epic.
What was the scramble challenge?

@ Shiny: It sounds...interesting. How would someone decide the Pokemon?

dragon0fangz
September 25th, 2010, 02:37 PM
That challenge.
Say you wanted 4 pokemon.
Others get to tell you what pokemon you will use.
They can use any kind of restriction.

Example:
Im going to play on Ruby.
I want just one pokemon.
NFE please.

Poster Below says:
I'm going to give you a Grovyle.
It cannot know Leaf Blade, it must know Mega Drain, and the TM Secret Power.

or something like that. I may start a thread, but im not very active, so I would very much like someone to do it.

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM
The different growth rates are programmed into the game, they're listed for each pokemon in some pokedexes, so I've compiled them into lists, e.g.:

Fluctuating pokes need 1 640 000 exp to reach lv 100 (the slowest).
They include:
Breloom
Hariyama
Illumise
Swalot
Wailord
Crawdaunt
Seviper
Drifblim
And their prevos too, of course.

So, the pokemon are already decided by the game mechanisms : )

mal'akh
September 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
That challenge.
Say you wanted 4 pokemon.
Others get to tell you what pokemon you will use.
They can use any kind of restriction.

Example:
Im going to play on Ruby.
I want just one pokemon.
NFE please.

Poster Below says:
I'm going to give you a Grovyle.
It cannot know Leaf Blade, it must know Mega Drain, and the TM Secret Power.

or something like that. I may start a thread, but im not very active, so I would very much like someone to do it.
This one should be revived. Sounds uber fun, actually.

Sapeiro
September 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM
How about something like the Ultimate Mashed Challenges Challenge?

Like... Take three or more challenges, and try to beat them all three together in the same gameplay.

I can definitely see something like "Random Pokémon Monotype Nuzlocke" run. Either that, or I'm not making any sense, but I blame that one on being 6:03 am :B

cest la vie
September 26th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Make your own trainer class challenge?
I thought this would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work out ...

you'd fill something like this out, and yeah.

Name of class:
Description:
What pokemon they would use and why:

Some examples

Name of Class: Crazy Cat Lady
Description: A old women who has gone a bit loopy. She'd be dressed in rags and have multiple Cat Pokemon around her.
What pokemon and why: She would mainly have cat pokemon (skitty, meowth, etc) but she might have one "feminine" looking pokemon (kirlia, jynx etc)

Name of Class: Diver
Description: Could be male or female. They would be in a swimming pose, and they would be in a wet suit.
What pokemon and why: Camperl, corsola, octillery and drifloon. the first three are pokemon likely to be found underwater, and drifloon could be used to supply the diver with air.

Get the Idea?

dragonite149
September 26th, 2010, 04:16 AM
What about the Theme Challenge? You use Pokemon that relate to a theme eg for Heat you could use Steelix,Drifblim,Rapidash,Infernape and Lopunny. You have to provide the reasons of why you think the Pokemon fit the theme.

chaos11011
September 26th, 2010, 04:53 AM
The different growth rates are programmed into the game, they're listed for each pokemon in some pokedexes, so I've compiled them into lists, e.g.:

Fluctuating pokes need 1 640 000 exp to reach lv 100 (the slowest).
They include:
Breloom
Hariyama
Illumise
Swalot
Wailord
Crawdaunt
Seviper
Drifblim
And their prevos too, of course.

So, the pokemon are already decided by the game mechanisms : )
This sounds acceptable :D

How about something like the Ultimate Mashed Challenges Challenge?

Like... Take three or more challenges, and try to beat them all three together in the same gameplay.

I can definitely see something like "Random Pokémon Monotype Nuzlocke" run. Either that, or I'm not making any sense, but I blame that one on being 6:03 am :B
We already discussed this a couple pages back you could add "Optional" rules to the Monotype thread or something.
Make your own trainer class challenge?
I thought this would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work out ...

you'd fill something like this out, and yeah.

Name of class:
Description:
What pokemon they would use and why:

Some examples

Name of Class: Crazy Cat Lady
Description: A old women who has gone a bit loopy. She'd be dressed in rags and have multiple Cat Pokemon around her.
What pokemon and why: She would mainly have cat pokemon (skitty, meowth, etc) but she might have one "feminine" looking pokemon (kirlia, jynx etc)

Name of Class: Diver
Description: Could be male or female. They would be in a swimming pose, and they would be in a wet suit.
What pokemon and why: Camperl, corsola, octillery and drifloon. the first three are pokemon likely to be found underwater, and drifloon could be used to supply the diver with air.

Get the Idea?
Another good one one.
What about the Theme Challenge? You use Pokemon that relate to a theme eg for Heat you could use Steelix,Drifblim,Rapidash,Infernape and Lopunny. You have to provide the reasons of why you think the Pokemon fit the theme.
This is basicly the Word challenge but you don't get your word randomized.

OMG MY BIRTHDAY!

Domin-8
September 26th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Happy Birthday Chaos

CHALLENGE

I do think those are good ones though. Liking the create trainer class one. and the REstricted one.

Man I need to get back on doing my challegnes

dragonite149
September 26th, 2010, 05:29 AM
What about the Ribbon/Medal/Pokemon Musical award Challenge? You can only use Pokemon that have got a Ribbon/Medal/Pokemon Musical award in battle. Challenge starts as soon as you can enter Contests/the Pokeathlon/Pokemon Musicals.

Sapeiro
September 26th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Happy Birthday, Chaos.

Also, I like the Make Your Own Trainer CHALLENGE. Yes, yes... *sagenod*

myrrhman
September 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
As it has already been said, Trainer Class sounds sort of fun. Mashup Challenge has already been talked over (and I have done it: Nuzlocke, unevolved, Brown Colored challenge on Ruby). I think the exp one is meh. Seems just like another basic editing of what Pokemon you can use. Theme challenge sounds really easy to me, because you can have such a variety of Pokemon by barely changing yoru word.

Happy Birthday Chaos!!!

Oh yeah, and I haven't checked to see if it got through yet, but I remade the Scramble. So yeah.

Dixie Kong
September 26th, 2010, 10:06 AM
There is already a Contest/Pokethlon challenge, however it hasn't been updated to include Musicals. I guess either the person running it could update the first post and I could edit the thread title, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see a problem with someone making a specific BW challenge for musicals.

mal'akh
September 26th, 2010, 10:59 AM
The Ribbon thing seems pretty...pointless, imo. In Emerald you'd have to beat more than half the game to be able to start, R/S, you'd have to wait until you're at the half point mark, in every other game with ribbons you'd be halfway done with everything. So, that's just my thought on it. >.>"
Oh, and happy birthday Chaos! c:

560cool.
September 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
EVERYONE (INCLUDING CI&D) WISHES CHAOS A HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!
Oops, sorry guys. My Caps was on.
Anyways, Syd, seems like my DS can run alright. This means that I can get Platnum, HG and SS on the Pick Up & Play Challenge.

However, my SS got wiped clean while it was taking a bath (when I fell into the pool). That means my Nuzlocke got deleted. -_-'

Also, seems like the water cleaned my DS's unworking buttons, namely L and R. This means I can get back to PMD, so I'll add that to the list.

The only crappy thing is that the screen and backlight act and look weird. And it sometimes gets an error when opening games. But it will wear off in time...

dragonite149
September 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
However, my SS got wiped clean while it was taking a bath (when I fell into the pool). That means my Nuzlocke got deleted. -_-'

Also, seems like the water cleaned my DS's unworking buttons, namely L and R. This means I can get back to PMD, so I'll add that to the list.

I spilt some bubble liquid on my DS when I was doing the Fire Monotype Challenge. I paniced but my DS is totally fine now.
There is already a Contest/Pokethlon challenge, however it hasn't been updated to include Musicals. I guess either the person running it could update the first post and I could edit the thread title, but if that doesn't happen, I don't see a problem with someone making a specific BW challenge for musicals.

I'll update the Contest/Pokeathlon Challenge first post since I made it.

CHALLENGE IDEA!
What about the Nature Challenge? You can only use Pokemon of a certain nature. Could add the 'Only catch thefirst Pokemon you see in a area' rule to make it more challenging.

CHALLENGE IDEA 2!
What about the Level Challenge? You can only use Pokemon of a level range in a Gym Battle EG: multiples of 5, between LV19 and LV21,etc. Could be randomized. New restrictions for each Gym Battle.

Seems like I'm on the make the word Challenge bold bandwagon now.

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
New idea - pokemon rainbow challenge!

Each pokemon on the team has to be a different colour - red, orange/yellow, green, blue, purple, black/white/grey/brown/pink.

Red coloured pokemon can't be fire type.
Yellow can't be electric.
Green can't be grass.
Blue can't be water (difficult :>).
Purple can't be poison.
Pink can't be psychic.
Brown can't be ground.
Grey can't be rock or steel.

Optional: Can't use the colour of your game (diamond - grey, pearl - white, platinum - grey).

It might work. I'd do it.

Example:
:t047:
:t038:
:t114:
:t054:
:t123:
:t121:

myrrhman
September 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Happy Birthday Chaos!!! Don't know if I wished you yet. If i did, then you get two birthday wishes from me.

Nature Challenge idea: blah. Still circling around the same old "slight restriction on a team" idea. And this seems even easier to me, because I usually don't bother about natures, and my teams always turn out just fine, so if i do worry about my natures, I can just pick a good nature out and be done with it. Plus, I get to use all my favorite Pokemon. Again, I disapprove of this challenge.

Level Challenge: Doesn't seem hard at all. There wouldn't be a ridiculous level challenge, like "beat claire with Pokemon that are at between 15 and 20." and you can again, use any Pokemon you want, so again, doesn't seem like a challenge to me.

Rainbow Challenge: I think we're getting there. I do like the "no fire for red" restrictions, but don't really like the game color restrictions. Closer to a winner, but still meh.

Dixie Kong
September 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
A nature challenge seems way too difficult since you can't know what nature something is when you catch it. You'd have to like...catch everything you see and just go with whatever Pokemon matches the nature you chose. And for your starter, you'd have to SR for that certain nature you want. Sounds horrendous, and I would never bother. :(

chaos11011
September 26th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks every and thread title I thank everyone.... Now that my Birthdat WWeekend is over time to continue my challenges.

Dixie Kong
September 26th, 2010, 08:17 PM
This has nothing to do with challenges, but I just wanna say that Chaos' typo of birthday reminded me of the day before Christmas Eve. I was drugged up on medication cause I had just gotten my wisdom teeth taken out and I was typing something to someone and I was like "HAPY BRITHAT JESUS!!!11!!!111" and yeah.

I was not happy to find out that I was a day off.

Also, I had FireRed for the PUAP challenge today and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The music drove me insane. I muted that crap, dood. lol But I got more stuff done on FireRed than I did in Diamond. Gosh.

dragonite149
September 26th, 2010, 11:16 PM
What about the NonMonotype Challenge? (Sorry about the name, I couldn't think of anything good)
This is the opposite of a Monotype. For example, if you did a Fire Non Monotype, you can NOT use Fire types. You can also do more than on type eg for a FireWaterGrass Non Monotype you cannot use Fire,Water or Grass types.
I know it sounds meh-ish.

cest la vie
September 27th, 2010, 12:52 AM
What about the NonMonotype Challenge? (Sorry about the name, I couldn't think of anything good)
This is the opposite of a Monotype. For example, if you did a Fire Non Monotype, you can NOT use Fire types. You can also do more than on type eg for a FireWaterGrass Non Monotype you cannot use Fire,Water or Grass types.
I know it sounds meh-ish.

I think that would work well as a additional rule in a challenge, but it isn't enough to stand alone, imo. Because if you just leave it at that, it's just like a relaxed version of a monotype.

Also, I forgot to mention, with my trainer class challenge, you would play through it like that character would, so, just for example you're a cave explorer, instead of just grinding anywhere, you'd do all your grinding in caves, and you'd thoroughly explore them. If you were a gardener, you'd use berries instead of other items, and if you were in hg/ss, you'd collect the apricorns everyday. I think for ease, these things would be called restrictions

I am in two minds about it though, it would be awesome if you totally created a class yourself, and you'd be able to make it as easy or as hard as you like, but if you had someone else impose restrictions it could be more exciting/ harder/ something you wouldn't usually do. I suppose if this does come to fruition, when signing up, the person could specify if they wanted another person to come up with restrictions.

I suppose it could be used as a kind of role play. I've always been jealous of the other trainers, how they can specialize, and I think it would be awesome if you could become a proper pokemon breeder in the game, or something like that, but I think this would the closest we'd get to that.

People could really get detailed too if they want, they could decide that the trainer class might not be into breeding ( for example, trainer class macho man) so they wouldn't breed.

I want to test it out, but I can only find my heartgold atm, and I don't want to lose my good pokes...

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 27th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I imagine the trainer class challenge could be pretty fun, if you have the patience for it - but it would be difficult to measure if someone had won it.
Hm, the creativity never stops - I have another idea (bear with me here):
OK:

1 - When a pokemon in your party tries to learn a new move, you may catch or acquire the next pokemon you see.
2 - After you earn a badge, you may catch the next pokemon you see that shares a type with that gym.
Otherwise, you may not catch or acquire new pokemon in any way.
3 - Only pokemon that are at the same level as the leader's weakest pokemon can take on a gym.
4 - If you white out outside of a gym, you have failed the challenge. Gyms get 2 tries - if you white out twice, you have failed the challenge.
5 - E4 functions the same as a gym, but the Champion counts as the leader.
I have no idea what to call it. The Strategy Challenge? Because you have to know how to use random caught pokemon to their greatest situational potential... I honestly don't know.
But it's on my (long) list of challenges to try.

560cool.
September 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I think we once had Trainer Class.
As for the UnMonotype, we'd need at least 5 types to not use. One would be too easy.
Just my cents, once again. I am way too busy. v_v

Dunsparce, that's a myrrhmanish challenge you got there. We just need people to understand this, and it might be awesome. I understood it, and I am eager to play.

Also, Strategy Challenge sounds alright.

Dixie Kong
September 27th, 2010, 11:31 AM
It's sad that the most creative challenges are the ones that typically get ignored for lack of understanding. But then, you have to understand the fine line between the creative ones that are hard to understand and the ones that are just downright confusing. My gosh, the things I have to look at for approval...you would not even bah-leeve.

And yeah, I think the trainer class challenge went and jumped off a cliff or something.

Also, with my PUAP challenge, I'm skipping playing today. I have absolutely no time, lol. Tomorrow I'm picking back up with my Crystal ROM. I think I have a shiny Celebi on there? lolololol Cheater is me. ^______^

GoGoShinyDunsparce
September 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
It's not that complicated, just kind of hard to put concisely. Anyway, the best way to explain something is by example - I'll do a mini-playthrough (up to and just beyond Roxanne on Ruby) like this and post it here (it'll be short enough for 1 post :>). Maybe that'll help - not to mention that I'll see if I like it or not anyway ^^'

@560cool. - Yeah, I actually did think it up with more demanding challengers (=Myrrhman) in mind, just to see if I could.

I'll get back to you guys.

UPDATE:
Whoa, this thing really took off on me - Treecko learned Absorb at lv 6, so I caught the Zigzagoon I saw after that... then the Zigzagoon learned Tail Whip at lv 5, so I got another Zigzagoon (Pickup ftw :>), which then learned Tail Whip at lv 5, but I KO'd the Seedot I saw (:<). Zigzagoon 1 then learned Headbutt at lv 9, which got me a Wurmple. Wurmple then evolved at lv 7 into Silcoon, learning Harden, so I caught the Cascoon I came across. Zigzagoon 2 learned Headbutt at lv 9, and that netted me another Cascoon. Treecko learned Quick Attack at lv 12, so I caught a Taillow and boxed it. Cascoon 1 evolved into Dustox and learned Confusion, so I got a Whismur. Silcoon then evolved into Beautifly and I got a Nincada - then Whismur learned Astonish but I KO'd the Zigzagoon that popped up (already have 2). Nincada (who's pretty cool actually) learned Sand-Attack, so I got myself a Seedot.
Roxanne is still in the far future! Basically, I've ended up with a truckload of pokemon. I admit it's pretty fun but it's also no challenge at all, so something needs to be done to make it more difficult. Dunno what, though.

By the way, I think I'll call it the Chain-Link Challenge.

EDIT:

I'm adding a new rule for those who need extra difficulty - After a gym battle, release the same number of pokemon from your box as were in your party when you took on the gym leader. For example, if I take 6 pokemon to battle Roxanne, I must release any 6 pokemon from my box afterwards.

Also, @chaos - Yes, lower levels are fine too.

chaos11011
September 28th, 2010, 04:29 AM
That challenge sounds cool enough for me to add it to my PUAP. :D

And about the rule "3 - Only pokemon that are at the same level as the leader's weakest pokemon can take on a gym." does it have to be the Same Lvl or can it be at a lower lvl (example: I take on Crasher Wake,his lowest lvl is a Gyrados Lvl 33. Am I allowed to use a Lvl30 Luxray and a lvl 29 Roselia)

560cool.
September 28th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Yes, I''ll most definetly try ! ^^
Also chaos, about the Survival... I might change the game to suit the PUAP.

Dixie Kong
September 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Guys, someone posted a drawing challenge for approval. I lol'd. Nuff said.

560cool.
September 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
EDIT : Got it... now I feel like a noob.
You've got to be a little helpless noob to do this ! xD I remember posting some random help thread on PSPiso, that PSP related forum, on their General Dicussion, while it was about an app. :x
Those n008 days...

mondays suck
September 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
A drawing challenge? I would totally do that, maybe it would help me acquire the skills to create a decent Zombie Jumpluff picture (after all, skill comes with practise). While I did more or less manage to make Jumpluff look more evil than it usually does, it does not quite look zombie-ish.
...or maybe I should just visit the art subforum more and read some tutorials.

Dixie Kong
September 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but that thread didn't belong here, lol. I'm sure there could be a competition for it in the correct board, but not this one. This is for games. lol

mondays suck
September 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
I did not miss the fact that this subforum is games only (would have been a sad thing considering all the time I'm spending here), I was just inspired to go a bit off-topic about my bad artist skills by that suggestion.

...and now, by justifying myself I'm drifting even more into off-topic, it's a vicous circle. Except that it isn't a circle.

Weavile05
September 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I've got an idea for a challenge. The special duo challenge!
you go through the game with only two pokemon, however, you have to use a specific pair.
Some Eligible Pairs:
Any combo of 2 starters from the same gen.
Any combo of 2 eeveelutions
Nidoking and Nidoqueen
Solrock and Lunatone
Tauros and Miltank
Any two of the same pokemon
Any others you think would be good (please give a reason why)

No legendaries
*if using two of the same pokemon make one male and one female
No cheating (except for solrock and lunatone since they are available in different versions of Gen III games. Only cheat for the otherwise unobtainable one.)

*: optional rule

No one make this challenge just tell me if it's good or not and if so I'll make it. Also, some good rules I may have missed cuz it looks kinda short (the rule list does).

560cool.
October 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
In other words, we're in a circus.
Dunno Weavile, that's a bit of mess, and not really challenging at all, really. It is just my personal opinion, remember...

redsaber5859
October 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
*Trys to make a good challenge*
My last one was way too big, so it failed :(
Myrrhman is never on AIM, and hasn't replied to me yet
I'm stuck lol

560cool.
October 2nd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Remember gaiz, this isn't just for challenges. This is the hub of the Challenge Forum. The Daily Bad of the S&M. The Help&Translations (which apparently were taken over by Sceptile16...um, who was he, again ?) of BW !

This thread is indeed magical ! *_*

dragon0fangz
October 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
i was just wondering why nobody will do an Orre challenge. I would definitely do them if i had an Orre game.

Ideas are: Shadow Pokemon Only run, Solo/Monotype/Nuzlocke runs, etc. Any ideas?

560cool.
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
That would be awesome, but I've never played any of the GC Pokemon Games in my entire life, even though I've seen gameplay videos and stuff.

Additionally, GC games are no longer in store in Romania, not even used ones. -_-' But if I had the game, I'd probably do a Nuzlocke, just because.

Dixie Kong
October 3rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
I can't see a good monotype run in Colosseum because it's lacking enough Pokemon. Having one in XD sounds good though.

560cool.
October 3rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
I mean, we should make a thread named "Orre Challenges", and there we will hold all of the challenges for Colosseum and XD. Is that alright ?

Dixie Kong
October 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
Nah, it's not common enough for them to have their own thread. It'd essentially be only one challenge. And if they ever did take off, it'd be difficult edited a first post for a ton of different types of challenges.

Also, I feel so bad that I have neglected my PUAP challenge. I mean...I made it. :( -horrid- White is just so distracting you guys. So distracting...and it's last on my list if I recall. lol I think Black was my next one, and that's a ROM. Imagine going to the ROM after playing the actual game. This will be a pain.

mal'akh
October 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Hopefully I'll be actually GETTING some time to actually complete ONE challenge. >.>"
But right now I gotta take a break from all of them. Mainly because of exams being this week. :c
But afterwards I'll have plenty of time!

Weavile05
October 3rd, 2010, 05:44 PM
Ok, here's another idea for a challenge, the Minimalist challenge.
You can only pick up items that you can find lying around, or are obtained by a means OTHER than pokedollars (ex: game corner, shards). Or if you wanna make it harder, exempt that last rule. And to make it more of a challenge, you can only use pokemon that you can find in areas that can be accessed before the first gym.

560cool.
October 4th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Um, Weavile, that's the survival challenge w/o the Pokecenter rule.

Weavile05
October 4th, 2010, 02:35 AM
oh.... sorry..... my bad.... didn't know....

King!
October 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I've been pondering something for a while now. if a few days counts as a lengthly amount of time

Why are all of the challenges here for the main series of games? I mean, I get that they're easiest to make challenges for the main games, but has anybody even tried? For example, Pokemon Rumble would probably work for quite a few of the challenges here. You could go through each stage using only one type or one species of Pokemon, or do a Nuzlocke on it. But has anybody even considered it? Keep in mind I've only read the past two pages and a bit here and there, so I might be typing about something that's already been discussed. And I'm not saying that these challenges would work, or saying that I hate all of you for not trying them, or that I would participate in them. Basically, I want to know why nobody has tried or they haven't worked. And it might be something as simple as those kinds of things (like Pokemon Rumble, etc.) just aren't compatible with challenges...

Dixie Kong
October 4th, 2010, 06:35 PM
No rule against spin off challenges you know. It's just that it's easier to think of main series challenges and it's also more likely people can play them. I wouldn't do a spin off challenge cause I dislike them, but no one has ever even posted one to be approved.

560cool.
October 9th, 2010, 06:40 AM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/group.php?groupid=2444

Rejoice, all. We got a group up and running : The Challenge Institute (this explains the statement in my sig).
Join, post, etc.

Dixie Kong
October 9th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Oh wow. lol I think my user title is enough for me. I'm just the hero.