• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Well, I am exactly the same in matters of challenge.
Something like myrrhman. I also don't get bored if GSC is in the challenge, since I Spacebar my way through and it becomes way easier.

And Syd, sorry. I wasn't on today. Again, school.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I rarely ever use my ROMs to play. I like to be able to have the game with me when I go places, so...yeah. lol But I do have ROMs for RBY, GSC, and RSE. And Mother 3, but that doesn't apply here.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Okay, people. It seems like this is Sydian's child, so try not to disturb it. :-)
I have ROMs of every Pokemon game up to Emerald on my notebook, plus some hacks (Quartz, Shiny Gold, rijonAdventures, Brown, Prism, RD Series) and Pokemon Raptor.
My netbook is stashed ! :-P

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Wait what Rom Discussion. I thought I was in the Challenge Forums :O

We'll yeah for CHALLENGES I use Any Pokémon game but for rom's the only CHALLENGE I've ever completed Is Moemon Fire Red Omega.Brown just bored me D:

(Bolded to indicate it's not Off Topic)

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Actually, we can slightly drop off topic. And still, it is about CHALLENGE roms.
Anyways, what is Moemon ?
Okay, that was a bit retarded....

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Moemon is Pokémon in Small Girl/Human form.That way when you nuzlocke it seems more realistic. (If Little Girls with super powers is Realistic.)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The only ROM I've played is the Black demo. I thought it was pretty fun, but a bit odd, iirc. I like emulators better because I'm rarely not with my computer, and the whole speed button thing....

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I use both :P Gen 4 Games I use DS/ When I'm away from my CPU for the weekend.The Rest I just Spam emulators. Speed Bar comes in handy for Grinding and maybe that's why I perfer percrastinating my HG Nuzlocke cause my DS doesn't have a speed button D:<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I only brought up that I don't use my ROMs to do CHALLENGES on because I go on a good bit of band trips and like to have the games I'm doing a CHALLENGE on with me to pass the time.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, Syd, when I was doing the Catch 'em All CHALLENGE, I was just a little high schooler with my little high school friends. We would trade and breed our Pokemon, and all was good. But then I didn't want to erase that data, because come on, it was tough getting all 493 Pokemon. Don't want to erase that. So I use ROM's to do my CHALLENGES nowadays. Except those on DPPt, because I don't have a ROM for those.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, you guys don't know how much I hate doing CHALLENGES on DPPt. I can't seem to even do a normal playthrough of those games anymore, let alone a CHALLENGE. Just something about it bores me, so my best bet for completing a CHALLENGE is to play with either RSE or HGSS.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Wow my idea got popular O_o

I used to do a lot of CHALLENGES because I to had a lot of band trip when I lived in USA (Symphonic/Top Band FTW :D) but now I live in Bra(z/s)il so now I don't get as much oppurtunities to do CHALLENGES outside of my own home anymore.

And Ironicly Sydian my first CHALLENGE I've completed was DPPt xD

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
The only time I've ever beaten pokemon red was in my normal monotype challenge. Also the only time I've gotten this far is in GSC (although i have beaten HGSS) was in the same challenge. In the future it may even be the first time I ever beat Emerald!

Speaking of Speed up buttons (from a little earlier in the thread) HGSS music played at 2 times the speed sounds awesome. However, there are some that do just sound flat out terrible. Like the Rival Batte.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
My DS... I use it in the car. It takes me 30 minutes to get to school, so I play every morning ! :-P
I will now proceed with some ROM hack CHALLENGES because normal games got really boring for CHALLENGES.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
CHALLENGE, CHALLENGER, CHALLINGEST !
CHALLENGER, CHALLENGING, CHALLENGINSTIC.
CHALENGENISTICOSOGISTIMOCHALLENODROM.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit nervous. Here are some of the "Challenge" stuff.
I love challenges !

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OMG Syd, I know what you mean!!! I haven't beaten HG/SS yet (I'm to Red, but there's no motivation). And since Diamond houses my completed Catch 'em All challenge, and Pearl is being loaned to a friend, I'm stuck on Platinum (which I think is even harder than the other two). Stuck at the seventh gym with my ghost team there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Platinum I enjoyed very much. However, I'm never restarting it...ever. If I ever wanna play Platinum again, I will have to buy another one...and with game prices these days, that's ruled out. Until Platinum is considered "old" and I'm bothered enough to buy another one.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I once said I would never restart my Platinum/Soul Silver.But it's not my fault when +Select+B) and deleates them D:<

I was sad to cause I just finished EV Training my 12th Pokémon,and they were all on Platinum D: (One of which was a Shiny Skarmory from SS D:) I never EV'd again and went directly to Shoddy to battle.

Oh well,now I use them to CHALLENGE spam I guess. (That word make this Post OnTOpic (Slightly) Yayyy)

Years
I just had a concept for a challenge that I think would be interesting: The never look back challenge. Basically, once you leave an area, unless an ingame event forces you to return to that area, you cannot return. So, once you deliver Oak's Parcel to Pallet town, you do not return to pallet town, ever. Once you've beaten Brock, don't go back to Pewter once you leave. If you can go somewhere, but don't need to, don't go that way. (Going into the pokemon tower before you get the Silph Scope, for example. Naturally, getting whited out means you lose, as it returns you to a place you've already been

I'd be interested in seeing how that turned out, any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back