PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

560cool.
October 10th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Well, I suppose you could be the hero of the institute ! :-D
Also, if it's good with you, I'll make a Thread in the Pokemon Groups Forum and conduct some most discussion there. Something like the members of the manga group, right ?
syd runs it

Sydian
October 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM
What's the point of that? It would just kill the reason behind this thread imo.

myrrhman
October 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Methinks I might be responsible for Sydian's new usertitle... uhhh CHALLENGE

But yeah, I'm almost done with a super awesome challenge that I've been working on for a very very long time, with the help and ideas of other Pokecommunity members. This challenge is going to be awesome.

Sydian
October 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Slightly, yes. lol I'm the hero because I save everyone's eyes from the horrible things that don't get approved.

Super special awesome challenge?

myrrhman
October 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Yeah super special awesome challenge. It's gonna be a looooooong one. I'm working on getting the kinks worked out so that everyone will understand the challenge; it has much potential.

mondays suck
October 12th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Oh the suspense...
It is killing me.

I'll probably have to wait a while to start that challenge though, I'm still busy for a while with PUAP.

Alternative
October 12th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Is there some sort of random generator challenge yet?
Like someone uses a random generator for someone else and they have to use those Pokemon?

mondays suck
October 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
There are actually quite a few challenges involving random generators, and the one you suggested is probably even the most popular of them.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=216221

Sydian
October 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
PUAP is fun. However today, I was looking to see what I had next and I realized I missed Red (it was between Black and Ruby). So I'll just shove it in front of Sapphire, what I originally had next. lol Pretty sure I was doing a monotype on there.

Also, random challenges are <3

chaos11011
October 12th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Woah long time no see guys :O

Sorry for those who tried to talk to me like weeks ago (Sydian and Mondays) and I never responded because my Computer dislikes me and will not let me respond.

@SydiansVM Yeah Erufuun,she's my favorite B/W Pokémon :3

So um hows everyone?

mondays suck
October 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
If my computer would do that I would probably die of boredom D:
...or find a better way to waste my free time :D
Anyways, welcome back chaos

Sydian
October 13th, 2010, 05:33 PM
On a completely unrelated note, I have decided that Seed bby and Cotton bby are best friends and love each other and are fabulous kthxbai. And Lady and Diva are just ~sexy~

Back to CHALLENGES I get to play Red most of the day tomorrow. I can finally catch up on my poison monotype, yay.

dragonite149
October 13th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I have an idea for a CHALLENGE!
The 6Word CHALLENGE!
How this works:
Use a Random Word Generator to generate a word.
Choose a Pokemon based on that word.
Repeat till you have a full team of 6.
Legendaries are allowed.
This CHALLENGE ends when you defeat
The Champ in RBY
Red in GSCHGSS
The Champ in RSE
The Champ twice in FRLG
Stark Mountain in DPPt
The Champ (Adeku) in BW

chaos11011
October 14th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Cotton Bby and Diva <3

That is all that must be said :D

Alpha King
October 14th, 2010, 12:37 PM
What about resurrecting the Trio-species Challenge, It's a bit harder than the Duo Run, considering you have to keep the training between all three around the same level? Plus, when I did it, it was fun =D

myrrhman
October 14th, 2010, 07:38 PM
What about resurrecting the Trio-species Challenge, It's a bit harder than the Duo Run, considering you have to keep the training between all three around the same level? Plus, when I did it, it was fun =D

Instead of that, why not resurrect the triple trigen monotype master challenge, or something similar? That was a blast if I ever had one...

560cool.
October 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Phew, I've been off. Due to school and stuff...
Well, I think more BW stuff will be implemented soon. Like, how Ace works on his Nuzlocke for BW and I've seen some people in the UMC getting busy with Isshu.
Me ? I just caught my own SydBB (SeedBby, try and figure that Syd :-D) and I walked around the Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun trying not to fall off my chair or scream OMGWTF.
Oh, Off Topic again. Whatever...

Sydian
October 15th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Me ? I just caught my own SydBB (SeedBby, try and figure that Syd :-D)

Haha, that is too cute. :) <3 Thanks. That's pretty clever too.

I was GONNA play Red for PUAP today...but liek...um. I don't wanna. lol Or I might later. I just hate writing down all my team stuff and all. I literally have used up a bunch of notebook pages with this challenge, because I write down everything. -weird-

In other news!

Sydian
Moderator of GPGD, and good at it too. You can become rude at times and yes, I can be annoying to you Syd, lol. But anyways, that doesn't give you a reason to deny everything, I don't like saying this but you act like an idiot at times. Your area yea, sure its big and hard to handle, you do it very well, and always are sarcastic. You are very good socially and forumly, but you have small errors here and there, you need to know when to stop.

HUR HUR!

chaos11011
October 15th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Phew, I've been off. Due to school and stuff...
Well, I think more BW stuff will be implemented soon. Like, how Ace works on his Nuzlocke for BW and I've seen some people in the UMC getting busy with Isshu.
Me ? I just caught my own SydBB (SeedBby, try and figure that Syd :-D) and I walked around the Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun trying not to fall off my chair or scream OMGWTF.
Oh, Off Topic again. Whatever...
I'm so out of the loop.I have to wait till Early December to get Black because I live in Brasil and everything costs more D:< (then I have to wait 1+ week for Shipping :/)

Yeah I could just wait for the English release but i'm inpatient and I can brag being the only American in Brasil (or my city that is) with a Original Japanese game.

Any new Challenges I should be informed of,since PAUP will be postponed cause PC hates me and I can rarley go on?

560cool.
October 16th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsaber5859
Sydian
Moderator of GPGD, and good at it too. You can become rude at times and yes, I can be annoying to you Syd, lol. But anyways, that doesn't give you a reason to deny everything, I don't like saying this but you act like an idiot at times. Your area yea, sure its big and hard to handle, you do it very well, and always are sarcastic. You are very good socially and forumly, but you have small errors here and there, you need to know when to stop.

He called you a idiot. o_O isthiswhyhesbandyoubandhimlol
Well, I have a friend in the school doing a BW Nuzlocke. He has an R4. I sooooo hate him.
And yeah chaos, I had bragging rights of being the first kid in school with a legit EU HeartGold (looks at R4 friend, hates him even more).
And it's italic because of the Quote copy. :-(

offtopicihatemyselflol

Guys Guys Challenge Challenge :

THE JUNK RAISING CHALLENGE

Basically, this challenge requires no game restart, so it's cool with me, since I tend to turn all my games into hubs of trading and friendly battling (that's in school). You just tell us what Pokemon you got lying in your boxes, and we pick 6 for you to raise by grinding/trainer rematching/stuff. Every game ends when you beat the Elite twice.

Decided to make this when I saw the "Those that got away challenge". Since you had to restart, so I decided to make a similar thing without restarting.
Should we make a separate thread or just incorporate this in the current one ?

AceDragonite
October 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
He called you a idiot. o_O isthiswhyhesbandyoubandhimlol
Well, I have a friend in the school doing a BW Nuzlocke. He has an R4. I sooooo hate him.
And yeah chaos, I had bragging rights of being the first kid in school with a legit EU HeartGold (looks at R4 friend, hates him even more).
And it's italic because of the Quote copy. :-(

offtopicihatemyselflol

Guys Guys Challenge Challenge :

THE JUNK RAISING CHALLENGE

Basically, this challenge requires no game restart, so it's cool with me, since I tend to turn all my games into hubs of trading and friendly battling (that's in school). You just tell us what Pokemon you got lying in your boxes, and we pick 6 for you to raise by grinding/trainer rematching/stuff. Every game ends when you beat the Elite twice.

Decided to make this when I saw the "Those that got away challenge". Since you had to restart, so I decided to make a similar thing without restarting.
Should we make a separate thread or just incorporate this in the current one ?

Well I don't see the point in making similar challenges lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey syd, are you going to evolve that fighting type of yours, or do you not have some1 to trade with?

Also what about a challenge were you're pokemon aren't allowed STAB moves?

560cool.
October 16th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Well, I think I'll talk to sammu for putting that into his thread. I really want to clear some trash, improve my Pokedex and clean my boxes from HG a little.

AceDragonite
October 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Well, I think I'll talk to sammu for putting that into his thread. I really want to clear some trash, improve my Pokedex and clean my boxes from HG a little.

There's a lot of trash in Isshu, I would start there first ^_^

myrrhman
October 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Here at Myrrhman's Diamond Version, we don't discriminate against any Pokemon. We store all 493 Pokemon in our luxurious boxes, along with numerous healthy berries, TMs, and Pokeballs to play in.

560cool.
October 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Here at Myrrhman's Diamond Version, we don't discriminate against any Pokemon. We store all 493 Pokemon in our luxurious boxes, along with numerous healthy berries, TMs, and Pokeballs to play in.

Yes, I've seen your video. ^_^ Red kept saying you lied. lol.
Well, I haven't talked to sammu yet. I hope I will, ASAP.

myrrhman
October 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
The only reason I did that challenge so fast was that I had already wanted to do that before Red made the topic. So I was already like 10 Pokemon away. I'm actually doing it again in my free time on every generation (emulator). This one is just for me though, and I know I'm not cheating.

Hacki101
October 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)

Another idea I had was to have 5 or 6 reoccuring names with all of your pokemon and they can only be replaced in the party by another with the same name. (This works well with nuzlocke).

Say I named my starter A, my pidgey B, rattata C, ekans D, geodude E, togepi F and bellsprout B... if my pidgey faints i must switch it with bellsprout and if any other pokemon faints there must be a gap in the team. (6th in the team can be resevred for HM slave). (This idea is probably an add on rule to some challeneges but I enjoyed using this rule)

Thoughts??? (apologies if these ideas have already been mentioned I only read a few pages of the thread)

Sydian
October 18th, 2010, 09:01 PM
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)

I've thought of that myself, actually. I would never do it, though. I'd get too annoyed.

I was gonna re-enter the monotype challenge since playing Red for PUAP yesterday reminded me of what I was doing. But idk if I even have enough interest to keep playing it through til the end. I get so lazy with challenges.

560cool.
October 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Um, Syd... you've double posted. (:
Yes, well, I've talked to sammu. Seems like I'll finally be able to clock some more hours into HeartGold. With a Pokedex count of 399 (the biggest in our school (: and a lot of trash in the boxes, it's sure gonna come in handy.
Plus, I'll be able to put an effort of 300 hours into the game (currently 278 and counting). So yeah...

Um, kay, so I've made a thread for the Box Clearance challenge. Hope to get some challenges up ! ^_^

Sydian
October 22nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
^ Haha, I love your sig. :) And yeah, PC was crapping on me that day. I tried to delete it after I saw it posted twice, but it was being slow and pages wouldn't load and I was like "fine i'll do it later" and forgot.

Also, I think that this is the only time I've ever been doing so many challenges. I'm doing a triospecies on Ruby, PUAP, monotype on Red (which I need to sign back up for, I guess), and a favorite challenge on SoulSilver (which I need to get back to, lol). And technically a random challenge on Pearl, because when I played it for PUAP, I was like "oh, this is from when I posted a blog and asked people to think of a team for me lol"

560cool.
October 23rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Oh, Syd, would you mind accepting the Box Clearance Challenge ?
And yes, Amore made it. :] I think you all love his styles, they all rock.
And I've made progress on my Pt. Favorite. I'm in Veilstone already (lol), thinking I never updated for... a long time ! xD
I might do an update today, if I can find my Platinum.
Oh, and I am doing a run with Mew and some other Pokemon named after you guys. That Mew was impossible to nickname, so I just got Mondays the Totodile.
So, um, which Pokemon do you want to be ?
Btw, I'm playing SoulSilver.

Sydian
October 24th, 2010, 01:54 PM
^ I wanna be Smeargle or Umbreon. :) Male or female, it matters not lol. And I don't see your challenge. But if it meets the right requirements, then it'll likely be approved.

Hello, distraction. Thy name is Pokemon White. I need to get back to PUAP but I have not been in the mood for Sapphire!

560cool.
October 26th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Nice team revamp Syd ! ^_^ And yes, my PUAP is on hold due to school. Tomorrow = geometry test. I SUCK at geometry.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/62/Spr_5b_635.png
Pokemon ? Dangerous ? Where ? When ?

Sydian
October 26th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

In the final battle of the main game against Geechisu, he uses one that's on level 54, ten levels under it's actual evolution level, making it even more broken that it already is at that point in the game. It's difficult as hell, I'm tellin' you.

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.

560cool.
October 26th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Ah, lucky him. Our library is too small for me to be able to sleep.
Yeah, I'll just be logging my FR Omega Nuzlocke on the challenge forum Ace made. Just 'cause I can make my own thread and I hope getting nicknames first.
And I'm doing the Box Clearance challenge ! =D Also, expect more Pokemon signatures with this sort of art ; I got the site where Amore got this beast from. ;-)

Amore
October 27th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I have an idea for a challenge!

My threads generally aren't successful....except my one in Hg/Ss about the Mew event, so somebody else'd post it...

But, basically, you have to give yourself a backstory! i.e. you already have your own pokemon (trade over an egg asap and hatch it before advancing), or you have a fear (no bug pokemon allowed??), or a deep hatred of a pokemon which means you have to battle and defeat every one you ever meet, or your starter pokemon has a rivalry with another of its' type (i.e. Empoleon and Barry's Floatzel), or something like that.

560cool.
October 28th, 2010, 11:00 AM
That might be good for comics and stuff. That's why Nuzlocke has all sorts of stuff around Ruby.
But that might be cool, and some people might even start writing whole stories and making their own comic. (:
But I suck at drawing, so stories for me...

Sydian
November 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi guys. I added two rules (I think I did anyway lol), one will be heavily liked I'm sure. Check it out, yo. Also, you should totes check that announcement I posted. ;o kbye

rstevenson1976
November 4th, 2010, 02:19 PM
pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

how bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.

pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

How bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.

Sammuthegreat
November 4th, 2010, 03:30 PM
As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.

Sydian
November 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM
The ones about BST haven't been done, to my knowledge. The Unown Challenge has been done by mondays suck, however there hasn't been an actual thread for it.

tachikaze316
November 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't that Unown challenge just be a really masochistic Solo Challenge?

Mistyblu
November 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Here's an idea: how about a challenge where you can only use pokemon that haven't been used by Gym Leaders (including Rematches) in all the main games (from Gen 1-4)? (For example even if Surge doesn't have an Electabuzz in R/B/Y/FR/LG you can't use it because he has one in the Johto games. Plus Wattson uses one in his Emerald rematch)

Pretty much the opposite of a Gym Leader Pokemon challenge and forces you to use Pokemon that don't have much, I suppose 'screentime' because it hasn't been used by a Gym Leader

Obviously it would be easier to form a team in later game with more pokemon but it can still be done in the Kanto games.

I could make a list when I have more time to show how viable it can be

Sydian
November 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Ask monday sucks; he's the one that did it. I watched his Elite Four videos, and he fared pretty well.

chaos11011
November 5th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

In the final battle of the main game against Geechisu, he uses one that's on level 54, ten levels under it's actual evolution level, making it even more broken that it already is at that point in the game. It's difficult as hell, I'm tellin' you.

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.
Geechisu is so annoying.Just think this,My first time playing White, and its a Nuzlocke run. His sazandora almost took my entire team down. I had a team of Enbuoh,Erufuun,Jihead,Shandera,Abagora,and Baibanira. I beat him with Enbuoh,Erufuun, and Jihead. The rest died. Blaack and White is the hardest game to nuzlocke.It's easy up until Artie but then your guy dies every 3 battles.
^Black and White Spoiler above^

Sydian
November 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I could never do a Nuzlocke on any Pokemon game. The only one I'd have any luck with it in is RSE, since I know those games like the back of my hand. But I don't like losing good team members. >_> It makes me too sad, cause I mean, I give the best nicknames. -hair flip-

Lati-Fan95
November 7th, 2010, 08:25 AM
This is an idea of a challenge I've thought of since quite a while so I guess that's the best place to write it down, isn't it?^^

The celebrity challenge!

-You can choose every kind of celebrity you want (manga/comic/anime/etc. heroes (some Pokemon like wigglytuff are allowed as celebrities because Wigglytuff, for example, has its own guild so your team would be in that case, the guild) and think what kind of Pokemon they'd use!^^ Real Life celebrities are also allowed, of course!^^
-Every celebrity that has a team will be in the start post with his/her/its team!^^

That's the basic idea behind it!^^ How does it sound to you?

Sydian
November 7th, 2010, 08:33 AM
So if I chose Paris Hilton, I would be stuck with Yooterrie?

Performancev2
November 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I have somewhat of an idea for a challenge, which I would say could be considered as an "NPC Challenge", which derives from the Pokemon Anime.

There are many challengers in the anime, and each can be viewed on encyclopedias, but I have also made somewhat of a list.
Of course, there are some gym leaders in the anime that are main characters, which are in this list as well.

/edit/: Just noticed that this is already a challenge, but am going to continue the list for the topic.

First Gen:
Ash:
Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Muk
Krabby
Kingler
Tauros
Snorlax
Primeape
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Squirtle
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Lapras
Raticate
Beedrill
Haunter

Misty:
Goldeen
Staryu
Starmie
Horsea
Psyduck
Magikarp/Gyarados
Marill
Seel/Dewgong

Jessie/James:
Magikarp
Arbok
Shellder
Ekans
Lickitung
Weezing
Chansey
Rhydon
Meowth
Persian

Brock:
Onix
Geodude
Zubat
Golbat
Vulpix
Chansey
Tauros
Ninetales

Tracey:
Venonat
Marill
Scyther

Delia (Ash's Mom):
Mr. Mime
(Solo Run)

Professor Oak:
Tauros
Dragonite
Pidgey
Charmeleon
Muk
Venusaur
Krabby
Snorlax
Blastoise
Muk
Kingler
Sandshrew
Fearow
Kanghaskan
Doduo
Pidgeot
Tentacool
Poliwag

Gary:
Blastoise
Arcanine
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Dodrio
Krabby
Magmar
Golem
Scizor
Aerodactyl
Gyrados
Venusaur
Pidgeot
Slowpoke

Officer Jenny:
Growlithe
Arcanine
Gastly
Squirtle
Pidgeot
Parasect
Tangela
Blastoise

Nurse Joy:
Chansey
(solo run)

Samurai:
Pinsir
Metapod

Flint:
Golem
Rhdyon
Onix

Seymour:
Clefairy
Clefable

Daisy/Lily/Violet:
Seel
Dewgong
Seaking
Goldeen
Shellder

A.J.:
Butterfree
Sandshrew
Rattata

Joe:
Weepinbell
(Solo Run)

Giselle:
Graveler
Cubone

Melanie:
Weepinbell
Caterpie
Oddish
Rattata
Paras
Magikarp
Staryu
Bulbasaur
Butterfree
Venonat
Fearow

Damian:
Charmander
(Solo Run - No evolving)

Bill - The Pokemaniac:
Vulpix
Dragonite
Magikarp
Evee
Exeggutor
Farfetch'd
Eevee (and evolutions of eevee)
Abra

Lt. Surge:
Voltorb
Pikachu
Magnemite
Raichu
Electabuzz
Magneton
Electrode
Zapdos
Jolteon

Giovanni:
Persian
Golem
Kingler
Machamp
Rhydon
Cloyster
Beedrill
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Dugtrio
Golem
Rhyhorn
Aerodactyl
Meowth

Team Rocket Grunts:
Rattata
Raticate
Ekans
Sandshrew
Arbok
Sandslash
Grimer
Weezing
Koffing
Muk
Drowzee
Machamp
Machoke
Machop
Zubat
Golbat
Cubone
Marowak
Hypno
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonat
Venomoth
Zubat
Duodrio
Doduo
Rhyhorn
Hitmonlee
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Jynx
Gengar
Magnemite
Ditto
Vulpix
Ninetales
Persian
Meowth

I'm going to need lots of help with characters of the anime as well as some help with their pokemon.
Bulbapedia is helping me a /load/ with finding some, but I need some help before I would like to get the topic started.

Sammuthegreat
November 7th, 2010, 10:09 AM
As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.

I don't know if anyone else is interested in doing this sort of Challenge, but if you are then please feel free to start the thread yourself. I only suggested the idea because I thought it'd be a good Challenge, I don't actually want to do it myself, so I don't think I'd be allowed to run the thread...

Lord_Storm
November 9th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Why is there only a gym leader challenge for G/S/C and for no other generations? Because the idea is pretty cool but theres no thread for other generations.

Sydian
November 9th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Because no one made one for other generations. Simple as that. There doesn't need to be an official challenge thread for the gym leader challenge since it's not as popular/common as monotypes and such. But that doesn't mean that one should be made for every generation.

560cool.
November 10th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I'm finally out of the test loop. I'm hoping to get on with my FR:O Nuzlocke and I just started my Box Clearance. Looking for some other challenges to get back to.

Sydian
November 10th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I haven't picked up and played anything in a while. I kinda miss playing my 360 to be honest. :x Might do a little more console gaming for the next few weeks. As if I wasn't behind on my challenges already.

Sammuthegreat
November 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I haven't picked up and played anything in a while. I kinda miss playing my 360 to be honest. :x Might do a little more console gaming for the next few weeks. As if I wasn't behind on my challenges already.

OK for you to say... The Nov 1st Dashboard update bricked my 360, and I'm trying to get Microsoft to fix it for free while the whole time they deny there's an issue. Despite the fact that my Xbox worked without a hitch for 3 years before the update, and then on the day of the update... BAM. Dead.

I miss playing my Xbox too...

Amore
November 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I know how you feel mate....mine died twice two years ago. With each one I got an extended 1 year warranty! 19 months later, it broke down again (before summer this year). Did they fix it for free? Nope. Stupid call centre woman made me mess around with it so much I got all 4 red rings of death flashing alternately before it literally switched itself on.....

I miss Assassin's Creed II.....

Exile
November 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
You guys know what sucks worse than your Xbox dying?
Being the only guy in homeroom without black ops and not having an xbox at all.

560cool.
November 11th, 2010, 03:28 AM
The only console I ever owned was a Wii. Which I still do.
I lived with a PC in my home ever since I was... 3 years old. That's when I started playing, more exactly.
ACE IS THAT YOU. I wouldn't suffer someone stealing Karpman. :x

Exile
November 11th, 2010, 11:52 AM
The only console I ever owned was a Wii. Which I still do.
I lived with a PC in my home ever since I was... 3 years old. That's when I started playing, more exactly.
ACE IS THAT YOU. I wouldn't suffer someone stealing Karpman. :x

I am no longer reffered to as 'Ace', Mr. Sexy Rayquazza.
I am Karpman!
So any new challenge ideas? If I can find my DS cord I'll start playing survival on HGSS again.

560cool.
November 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
OK, Mr. Steak Sexy Karpman. And when I'm not lazy, I'll improve Sexy Lazer Ray'

What challenge do you think should I do on SS ? After 3 poor Nuzlocke attempts in which I only caught Hoothoots, I want something to do.
You guys pick for me from :
-Random Pokemon Challenge
-Those that got away
-A monotype you want
-Nuzlocke lol kidding, Underleveled.

Anyone ? <3

Exile
November 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
OK, Mr. Steak Sexy Karpman. And when I'm not lazy, I'll improve Sexy Lazer Ray'

What challenge do you think should I do on SS ? After 3 poor Nuzlocke attempts in which I only caught Hoothoots, I want something to do.
You guys pick for me from :
-Random Pokemon Challenge
-Those that got away
-A monotype you want
-Nuzlocke lol kidding, Underleveled.

Anyone ? <3

Stop being a baby and do a survival.
Idc where you are in the game just play a survivial from there.

560cool.
November 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
but i am a baby because i am bored and i dont wanna lose in frustration like those failed nuzlocke attempts ): plus I am getting into loop again...
Ah, ignore that thing... I'll just go do a survival.
But... I'll spend my whole day Rock Smashing !

Exile
November 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Yo change my name on 'Cool Challenge Regulars' to Karpman, thanks ^_^

Gundisalvus Kuno
November 13th, 2010, 10:19 PM
I was thinking of creating a challenge where there is a limited amount of pokemon what you can have at any time throughout the game. Like, say the limit is three, you would only be allowed to have a total of three pokemon in your party and box combined. It would make for interesting strategy about which pokemon to use and how to find decent pokemon to fulfill your HM needs. What do you think?

Yuoaman
November 13th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I just thought up an idea for a challenge earlier, and I was hoping to get some feedback on it from you guys. I call the challenge the 'Clean Slate Challenge', where after every gym battle the Pokemon in the current party have to be dropped in a box and new Pokemon brought in to replace them.

What do you think of the general concept?

560cool.
November 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I just thought up an idea for a challenge earlier, and I was hoping to get some feedback on it from you guys. I call the challenge the 'Clean Slate Challenge', where after every gym battle the Pokemon in the current party have to be dropped in a box and new Pokemon brought in to replace them.

Nice seeing you here. Yuoaman. :-D
I love this concept, and I might even give it a try. But I've heard this title for another challenge, even though I am not really sure which one was it.

mondays suck
November 14th, 2010, 01:39 AM
Well, we have the 1 Pokemon 1 Gym Challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=230619), with the difference that you cannot use any number of Pokemon for each gym but, obviously, only one.

Exile
November 14th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Yesss, the legendary Yuoaman, the only one brave enough to play baro's
abomination hack, Pokemon quartz. Haha, anyhow this challenge seems a tad familiar, although that's probably because I get half my party wiped before some gyms in my nuzlockes. Anyhow, feel free to stop by again and it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Sydian
November 15th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Feel like we've had this one before, like everyone else has said. Interesting though, but I'd never do it. I hate raising teams more and more and grinding like a mad scientist.

Exile
November 15th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Feel like we've had this one before, like everyone else has said. Interesting though, but I'd never do it. I hate raising teams more and more and grinding like a mad scientist.

That's called a nuzlocke run in Isshu.
Maybe a challenge where you can beat the game using only one evo family?
idk :/

Sydian
November 15th, 2010, 10:58 PM
There's a one family challenge thread right now I think.

I'm surprised no one has taken up on the fact that hack challenges are allowed now. lol There's a prefix for it and everything. But oh well. I expect activity in this section to improve after the English release of BW.

560cool.
November 16th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Aw, Syd, every time I look at your avatar I get the feeling I'm talking to Hiiro. =_= Lol.
And Chicken Little's in the middle. <3
I'm finally doing a CHALLENGE on SoulSilver. It's Random Pokemon Challenge (coincidentally, it's shortened RPG).
/im a baby karp'

Sydian
November 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, even funnier was that I was pretending to be him over MSN. Copied his display name, personal message, font color, everything. XD;

And random challenges are fun, despite the fact that I've never beaten one. .-. But I like seeing the random things I am assigned. Sometimes I go to the random Pokemon generator just to see what pops up. XD;

560cool.
November 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Well, I got glalie and some other stuff I didn't have in my Pokedex.
Well, I tend to go to the Pokemon Generator to make teams up for my little brother. xD
Well, My computer has decided to go screwy on me. It tells me my W7 is not genuine. :[ Thank God it's not my soul life netbook.

chaos11011
November 19th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Im doing a random challenge,exept its with Random Pokemon in the grass.And its a Nuzlocke go figure :P

560cool.
November 19th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Yay, chaos is back ! <3
I remember once asking me what will my BW team be. Well, there you have it. Two similarities, but who cares !

chaos11011
November 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
If I had the same pokes as you I would name them

Nitro,AeroSprrw,Dave,Cuzco,Pringels and J.T

Nitro cause mine was called Nitro
AeroSprrw because AeroSparrow a pun on Aerodactly and Spearow
Dave cause of this http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100615033404/pokemon/images/b/b7/Meguroko.pnghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100710052331/mspaintadventures/images/e/e8/Dave_Strider.png
<its an image not a spoiler
Cuzco because of a I saw a Disney-Nicknamed run of Pokemon White and it was called Cuzco
Pringles because it's the Pringels man
and J.T is for the same reason as Pringles.

I'm bored maybe I'll do a Monolocke later :3 (Monotype Nuzlocke) despite the fact Im doing a Platinum,HG and White Nuzlocke.But who cares I'm not in the mood to grind :PP

Sydian
November 19th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Speaking of nicknames, I apparently make the best? :( What's so great about a shiny Arbok named Pants? ;o;

Goodness, we need more challenge ideas. Things are so slow in this section right now. I figured the fact that challenges with hacks are allowed (they even have a prefix like the other games do) that would bring in traffic. I used to have so many challenges for hacks waiting on approval. .-.

chaos11011
November 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hacks wern't allowed? But I beat a Nuzlocke here with Moemon Fire Red Omega a long time ago.So do I get an infraction or something?

NEW CHALLENGE......1 MOVE ALL GUYS (WARNING THERES CAPS :O)
TODAY I PRESENT YOU A RUN WHERE YOU NEED A EMULATOR AND A POKEMON EDITOR. NOW YOU MUST REPLACE EVERY MOVE IN THE GAME WITH ONE MOVE.MY PREFENCE IS METRONOME AND TRANSFORM BUT WHATEVER.THEN YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE WHOLE GAME USING THAT ONE MOVE.YOU CHOSEQUICK ATTACK AND YOUR FACING A SPIRITOMB?OH WELL DEAL WITH IT NOOB.
If you don't like Caps

Today I present you a run where you need an emulator and a Pokémon Editor.Now you must replace every move in the game with one move.My prefrence is Metronome and Transform but whatever.Then you must go through the whole game using that one move.You chose Quick Attack and your facing a Spiritomb?Oh well deal with it noob.

560cool.
November 19th, 2010, 01:13 PM
This message has been deleted by Sydian (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=77617). Reason: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nasty Syd PC ! :o

@ Chaos : I hate Caps. ): I first read the caps message, then found out you had a no-caps version.
But still, weird idea. Plus, wouldn't that imply editing every existing Pokemon ? .__.
I'm pretty sure you can't "remove" moves as well.
I don't know, I used to hack ! :-D

DarkCurse101
November 20th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I have this idea which I cant participate on until late December or something, anyways. Its all about planning on a set of 6 Pokemon before you start you journey and then plug them in once you start. Rules are somewhat simple. Sometimes, limitations give benefits. ( will come down )

1- All Pokemon are allowed except starters. ( see limitations )
2- Your set can contain maximum ONE legendary, even tho I dont ecourage it. ( all of them are allowed except Arceus ).
3- Event Pokemon are allowed ( and this includes legenedaries as well ).
4- Breeding for IVs, natures, abilities and egg moves are allowed. ( you'll be smart if you do this ).
5- Hacked Pokemon are Not allowed.
6- Emulators, hmmm, I dont really encourage that, I really hate it, but wont say no.
7- You can only play this on P/D/Pt/HG/SS.
8- The use of the same Pokemon is not against the rules, but its just " not fun ".
9- HM Slaves are totally fine.
10- All Pokemon must start as unevolved Pokemon and then evolve them at will. ( except*)

Limitations being :-
1- Legendaries can only be used when your team is as this legendary's level. Say you choose Lati@s which is level 30, you will only be allowed to use your other 5 until they reach 30 and then add it.
2- Starters can only be obtained by limiting yourself to choose your set of Pokemon from a certain region, and that gives you the ability to use ONE started of that region. Say you would like to get Charmander, then you need to make the other 5 of your set to be Kanto Pokemon.
3- Pokemon whom evolved independent on levels can be added directly to your set ( like you can add Steelix instead of Onix because level 1 or 100 Onix can evolve into stealix if traded with Metal coat, like-wise, Scyther. )

You will be considered a winner if you beat the league ( DPPt ) or Red ( HG/SS )
I hope this is clear, I did this before and its quite fun. see you!

mondays suck
November 21st, 2010, 03:37 AM
...that is - when disregarding the limitations - pretty much how I start about any run, except that I don't really care that much for IVs/EVs/natures perfectionism (except if I get a nature that REALLY sucks) and prefer letting my team spawn at level 2 or 3 on the first route instead of doing time-consuming egg stuff.

DarkCurse101
November 21st, 2010, 07:36 AM
Well, this is my idea of a challenge. I mean working on your set ( this means everything, eggmoves natures .. etc ) before you start and then beat the game with that team gives a satisfying feeling. The truth is, I dont mind using Pokesav to save time, but nothing guarantees if the user will not just 31 all IVs and 255 everything, this way is quite annoying and gives you an unbelievable advantage, which its not fun, this why I try that ppl dont use Pokesav, but yeah using the Pokemon modified cheat to get them respawn on the first route is comepletely fine with me :D

Alternative
November 22nd, 2010, 05:38 AM
I have a couple of ideas for challenges that I thought I might post here, since I don't want to partake in one as I don't want to start my games again.

Random Egg Challenge: Participants will be given 1-5 eggs from other users and have to complete the game using those Pokemon. They will be allowed to use other Pokemon as well, but their Egg Pokemon should be the main Pokemon in the team. The people giving the Eggs will get to choose their Pokemon and would have to give them so they have almost hatched. The participants will not get to choose their Pokemon (to increase the challenge).
Obviously you wouldn't give crap Pokemon like Magikarp or Smeargle, but you could give someone like a Rotom or Slugma or Seedot to start with and they wouldn't know.

Everstone Challenge: Basically, you treat every Pokemon as if it were holding an everstone. Just don't evolve it at all. Eg: If you were to catch a Spearow, it wouldn't be allowed to evolve, whereas it would not be against the rules if one had something like a Tentacruel, so long as they caught it as one.

dragon0fangz
November 22nd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Well, this is my idea of a challenge. I mean working on your set ( this means everything, eggmoves natures .. etc ) before you start and then beat the game with that team gives a satisfying feeling. The truth is, I dont mind using Pokesav to save time, but nothing guarantees if the user will not just 31 all IVs and 255 everything, this way is quite annoying and gives you an unbelievable advantage, which its not fun, this why I try that ppl dont use Pokesav, but yeah using the Pokemon modified cheat to get them respawn on the first route is comepletely fine with me :D

I do that all the time.
Im a very planning sort of person.
Actually, I think everybody does that.
Nobody goes in a run and doesn't know what their pokemon is capable of.

Sydian
November 22nd, 2010, 08:40 AM
Obviously you wouldn't give crap Pokemon like Magikarp or Smeargle, but you could give someone like a Rotom or Slugma or Seedot to start with and they wouldn't know.

Go away and never come back. :( -swats you-

But anyway, I like the egg challenge. But maybe trade more eggs at certain points in the game? idek. :( I wouldn't be able to do it because of lack of wifi, however I do have eggs on random games and I don't know what is supposed to hatch out of them. :| Hur hur. The other one sounds like an NFE challenge, but with the perk of being able to catch an evolved Pokemon.

dragon0fangz
November 22nd, 2010, 08:44 AM
I like the egg challenge too! It seems really cool, It's sorta like the random pokemon challenge, but others decide what you get, and you dont know until the eggs hatch. also, there is technically no crap pokemon, as magikarp evolves in Gyarados, and Weedle into Beedrill.

Should I start it?

It would be difficult to get more playing, and this kind of challenge requires more people, as you will need to trade with all of them. As tempting as it would be, it seems demanding to run. All I can do is beg someone else to start it.

DarkCurse101
November 22nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
the egg idea sounds really good, but the communication between the players ( I mean trading ) will be very hard.

Exile
November 22nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
If I had the same pokes as you I would name them

Nitro,AeroSprrw,Dave,Cuzco,Pringels and J.T

Nitro cause mine was called Nitro
AeroSprrw because AeroSparrow a pun on Aerodactly and Spearow
Dave cause of this http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100615033404/pokemon/images/b/b7/Meguroko.pnghttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100710052331/mspaintadventures/images/e/e8/Dave_Strider.png
<its an image not a spoiler
Cuzco because of a I saw a Disney-Nicknamed run of Pokemon White and it was called Cuzco
Pringles because it's the Pringels man
and J.T is for the same reason as Pringles.

I'm bored maybe I'll do a Monolocke later :3 (Monotype Nuzlocke) despite the fact Im doing a Platinum,HG and White Nuzlocke.But who cares I'm not in the mood to grind :PP

Heh, I loved that guy's run. Quite entertaining and comedic, and of course he used ranculus, just try not to spend too much time on you know where, you'll get all corrupted and I'm never in the mood to grind, its quite ardous.

Nohr
November 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM
I've had this idea for a challenge for a little while, but I'm not sure how to word it, and also doubt I'm active enough to really run it. So anyone else is free to take the idea.

It's basically, a Mono-species run. Don't mistake it for a Solo-run, or a mono-type. Basically, the idea is to use pokemon of one type of animal. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but very close in resemblance, atleast. Also, I figured only 1 legendary per team is permitted, but not recommended.

Example: If you were to choose Dogs, you would have a team of, let's say, Houndoom, Arcanine, Manectric, Mightyena (I know, Hyena, not a dog...close enough) Granbul, and maybe one of the legendary beasts or something.

Birds? Swellow, Pidgeot, Fearow, Starraptor, Noctowl, and let's say Zapdos.

Dragons? Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Rayquaza.

Mice/Rodents? Sandslash, Raticate, Raichu, Pachirisu, Furret

As you can see, there's certainly a lot of common families to choose from, and I would love to do a challenge like this, just don't have the time to run the thread myself.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Rage?

Porygon Z
November 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM
I've had this idea for a challenge for a little while, but I'm not sure how to word it, and also doubt I'm active enough to really run it. So anyone else is free to take the idea.

It's basically, a Mono-species run. Don't mistake it for a Solo-run, or a mono-type. Basically, the idea is to use pokemon of one type of animal. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but very close in resemblance, atleast. Also, I figured only 1 legendary per team is permitted, but not recommended.

Example: If you were to choose Dogs, you would have a team of, let's say, Houndoom, Arcanine, Manectric, Mightyena (I know, Hyena, not a dog...close enough) Granbul, and maybe one of the legendary beasts or something.

Birds? Swellow, Pidgeot, Fearow, Starraptor, Noctowl, and let's say Zapdos.

Dragons? Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Rayquaza.

Mice/Rodents? Sandslash, Raticate, Raichu, Pachirisu, Furret

As you can see, there's certainly a lot of common families to choose from, and I would love to do a challenge like this, just don't have the time to run the thread myself.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Rage?

It's already existing, it's the Groups Challenge! Link here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=227291)

Nohr
November 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Ah, wow. Never noticed that thread before. It's not exactly what I was thinking, but close enough. Thanks!

Enigma
November 23rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
I think I may have an idea for a Colosseum/XD challenge. How about you can only catch all the Shadow Pokemon with a Pokeball? You can still catch a pokemon with a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but if you do, you must use that pokemon on your team. (meaning you can only use a ball other than a regular Pokeball 6 times, for each 6 pokemon on your team) Every other pokemon besides those 6 must be caught with a Pokeball. You can't skip a pokemon either; you must catch all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game.

Hopefully that was semi-understandable.

Exile
November 23rd, 2010, 07:52 PM
I think I may have an idea for a Colosseum/XD challenge. How about you can only catch all the Shadow Pokemon with a Pokeball? You can still catch a pokemon with a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, but if you do, you must use that pokemon on your team. (meaning you can only use a ball other than a regular Pokeball 6 times, for each 6 pokemon on your team) Every other pokemon besides those 6 must be caught with a Pokeball. You can't skip a pokemon either; you must catch all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game.

Hopefully that was semi-understandable.

I understand it, but it doesn't seem too unique, tbh. It seems like the catch them all challenge but with restrictions, and shadow pokemon aren't that much harder to snag.
I mean the games ARE based around catching shadow's but its quite possible to catch pokemon easily with a pokeball, depending on certain factors and of course, chance.
It may be difficult but challenges should be worth the challenger's time as well.

Sydian
November 23rd, 2010, 08:00 PM
As a big Colosseum fan, I can honestly say I've done that on my own without a challenge even being on my mind. As a challenge, it sounds horrendously boring and I doubt many people would join. For a Colosseum/XD challenge, I would rather see a no Purification challenge (unless for story progression, but then you couldn't use that Particular Pokemon anymore). That would be a challenge. I might consider posting that, but hell, I can't even keep up with the Favorite Challenge. I had to drop out of that recently.

Porygon Z
November 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I have an idea for a nice challenge.

Basically, you choose from one to six items.
Then you take the starting letter of every item, and you choose one Pokèmon per letter.

Say, if I choose:

Full Restore, Max Revive, Sacred Ash, Master Ball, Zap Plate.

Then I could make a team composed of:

Flareon, Metagross, Squirtle, Marshtomp, Zapdos.

They can be also non-fully evolved Pokèmon, and only one Legendary.

What do you think?

Sydian
November 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I like it. I like any challenge that includes legendaries tbh, because they're left out. Only problem with that is...I feel like something should be added? But there's not much. Like...you have to use those items? XD;

chaos11011
November 24th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah that challenge should have a "You must use that Item" rule. And for a harder extent "You must only use said Item on said Pokemon" (Only use Revives on Rampardos)

On a Unrelated note: Im not gonna http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=324020995341&id=fa95427b2e7d0c5653750badc9a093bc&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gtsplus.net%2ffiles%2fimages%2fart%2fanime%2f26.gif a love song.Cause you asked http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=323927879056&id=da1fcc19d0ab51d186dac12814e58b08&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gtsplus.net%2ffiles%2fimages%2fart%2fanime%2f162.gif cause you need one.

Exile
November 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I like it. I like any challenge that includes legendaries tbh, because they're left out. Only problem with that is...I feel like something should be added? But there's not much. Like...you have to use those items? XD;

How about the 6 items you choose are the only items you can use in the run?
Nice idea btw, Porygon-Z

Sydian
November 24th, 2010, 03:49 PM
That would be too difficult I think. Because Full Restores obviously aren't in the beginning of the game, nor are Revives. But hey, something can be worked out.

Exile
November 24th, 2010, 03:53 PM
That would be too difficult I think. Because Full Restores obviously aren't in the beginning of the game, nor are Revives. But hey, something can be worked out.

Congrats on not double posting!

Anyhow, it was mostly to add a degree of difficulty and uniqueness to P-Z's challenge, and the items would be chosen by the challenger, so it is ultimately their judgement that decides how they do and even if Full Restores aren't until later in the game, they are quite useful.

Enigma
November 24th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I understand it, but it doesn't seem too unique, tbh. It seems like the catch them all challenge but with restrictions, and shadow pokemon aren't that much harder to snag.
I mean the games ARE based around catching shadow's but its quite possible to catch pokemon easily with a pokeball, depending on certain factors and of course, chance.
It may be difficult but challenges should be worth the challenger's time as well.

As a big Colosseum fan, I can honestly say I've done that on my own without a challenge even being on my mind. As a challenge, it sounds horrendously boring and I doubt many people would join. For a Colosseum/XD challenge, I would rather see a no Purification challenge (unless for story progression, but then you couldn't use that Particular Pokemon anymore). That would be a challenge. I might consider posting that, but hell, I can't even keep up with the Favorite Challenge. I had to drop out of that recently.

I understand where you two are coming from. I guess it would seem kind of bland as a challenge, looking back at it...the only real challenging ones would be Tyranitar and Lugia. :pink_laugh:

I think I thought of another one, however. A No Shadow Pokemon Challenge, meaning that you can only use regular pokemon. This may be a bit harder in Colosseum, considering that you basically only get Umbreon, Espeon, and a Plusle at one point. In XD, you get your Eeveelution, but there are Pokespots (I'm pretty sure that's what they are called) where you can catch regular pokemon.
Once again, not too sure about how appealing this sounds.

Exile
November 25th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I understand where you two are coming from. I guess it would seem kind of bland as a challenge, looking back at it...the only real challenging ones would be Tyranitar and Lugia. :pink_laugh:

I think I thought of another one, however. A No Shadow Pokemon Challenge, meaning that you can only use regular pokemon. This may be a bit harder in Colosseum, considering that you basically only get Umbreon, Espeon, and a Plusle at one point. In XD, you get your Eeveelution, but there are Pokespots (I'm pretty sure that's what they are called) where you can catch regular pokemon.

In colosseum that may be a bit of a challenge but in XD you are able to get Aggron, Shuckle, Medicham and Tyranitar as well as an eeveelution and Flygon using this method iirc.

Porygon Z
November 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Well, if you like, let's say, you can use all items that starts with F on Flareon, and so on.
Understand?

Exile
November 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Well, if you like, let's say, you can use all items that starts with F on Flareon, and so on.
Understand?
I like that idea better than my other one, it still provides a challenge but its not as hard as my other suggestion, you should go post a thread for it :P

Porygon Z
November 25th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Ok, but I'll do after Sydian totally agrees with it.

So, the Pokè-item Challenge (Now I don't have anything in mind for the title :D).

You choose from one to six items, by yourself or randomly by me, and then you take a Pokèmon with every starting letter of the items, one Pokèmon for one item.
Then, the item you choose, you can use only them in your run, on all the team.

Pokèmon available: all, only one Legendary in your team, if you're use it.
Items available: all, just make sure you'll find it in your game.

Sydian
November 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM

That would be really hard in Colosseum, considering the only Pokemon you get that aren't Shadow right off the bat are Umbreon, Espeon, and lol Plusle. It'd make more sense for an XD challenge though. So maybe exclude Colosseum for that, because everyone is going to end up with the same team in Colosseum.

Ok, but I'll do after Sydian totally agrees with it.

So, the Pokè-item Challenge (Now I don't have anything in mind for the title ).

You choose from one to six items, by yourself or randomly by me, and then you take a Pokèmon with every starting letter of the items, one Pokèmon for one item.
Then, the item you choose, you can use only them in your run, on all the team.

Pokèmon available: all, only one Legendary in your team, if you're use it.
Items available: all, just make sure you'll find it in your game.

You guys know I don't have to approve the challenge in this thread, right? :P Just go ahead and post when you're ready. Challenge makes sense, you're participating, and it's a fresh and interesting idea. Go right on ahead~

Also, happy Thanksgiving to my American challenge folk! Hope you all have a good one and stuff your face. If anyone DOES challenge Dora, I would like to know! And I wanna see footage.

mondays suck
November 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Goddammit, everyone is eating turkey across the pond, and what did I get for dinner? Effing potato soup.
I jelly.

By the way, I never got around to play the Colosseum games... Maybe I should pir-- uh, I mean try them out some time....

560cool.
November 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Aw, God, I hate myself. ):
I just read all the cool brainstorming you guys had while I was away. I am soooo sad ! ):
I hate Maths... and I have to study.... so I'll just throw in a quick opinion...

The challenge which mentioned using items only by first letters of Pokemon sounds pretty awesome. I'll go with Reshiram for Revives ! I might get around doing it while I'm not doing.... Maths.

And, another sidenote, Kingdom Hearts : Birth By Sleep. Totally OT, I know, but it's also taking a lot of time.

Just so you guys know I'm alive. I'm not dead. yet

Exile
November 25th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Would you guys be interested (and would Sydian approve) if I made a guide on challenge creating & challenge playing?

chaos11011
November 26th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Lucky Americans you know what I had for dinner? Rice,Beans and Ground Beef.How Wonderfull.

Item challenge sounds cool though I would particapate but Im like reallllllly busy (3 Nuzlocke going on,and Brainstorming for my 3 Arc comic Im going to make when I get my Tablet for Christmas :3)

Exile
November 26th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Lucky Americans you know what I had for dinner? Rice,Beans and Ground Beef.How Wonderfull.

Item challenge sounds cool though I would particapate but Im like reallllllly busy (3 Nuzlocke going on,and Brainstorming for my 3 Arc comic Im going to make when I get my Tablet for Christmas :3)
'
Well at least you lucky brasilians don't get your posts read over >.<
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=228944&page=23
I'd really appreciate it if you would comment on this.

560cool.
November 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah ? I ate pasta for dinner.
Seco agrees with Karpman's post in the Nuzlocke thread.
And I want to challenge Dora.
but who is he/she

Exile
November 26th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh yeah ? I ate pasta for dinner.
Seco agrees with Karpman's post in the Nuzlocke thread.
And I want to challenge Dora.
but who is he/she

Please reply to the post then T_T
and Dora the Explorer is a kids TV show, its primary goal is to teach kids spanish by saying the same (common) words over and over again, hiring a horrible cast of voice actors/actresses, and having the main character get lost even though she has a talking map that sings.

560cool.
November 27th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ah... I remember seeing that "Dora is Evil !" featured on YouTube. But I never thought about her. xD
Yeah... I was lazy to reply last night. But still, what about the Daity Karp ?

Exile
November 27th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Ah... I remember seeing that "Dora is Evil !" featured on YouTube. But I never thought about her. xD
Yeah... I was lazy to reply last night. But still, what about the Daity Karp ?

I updated it a few days ago, prolly should update it again, all my pokemon on HG except Bayleef are female :S

k137an
November 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Well someone needs to make a new random pokemon challenge cause it got locked up

mal'akh
November 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Well someone needs to make a new random pokemon challenge cause it got locked up
I contacted Sydian about it. Sydian and I both agreed it was way too...jumbled. I have created another and it is pending now. Once started, new rules will be enforced, regardless if the Pokemon given are a favorite or not. Meaning no changes in any teams made.

EDIT: The new thread is now up. I will be enforcing rules, though! D<

Sydian
November 27th, 2010, 06:00 PM
^ Unless for some reason you're unable to obtain something. Like how one time I thought I had something on my storage Diamond that I could breed to get an egg to trade to whatever I was using for my challenge and yeah. My last random challenge made it really far, and I forgot about it and restarted. Bad me. I had a Shroomish that I raised to level 42 (I think) for Spore and then evolved it and was gonna EV it and yeah. I'm still kicking myself for that. D:

Also, I would like to point out that I have never had to lock so many threads in this forum. Two challenges locked in one day is a lot for this section. :| But wutevs. The...something challenge got locked. Anime challenge I think. So for anyone that wants to remake it, they can go on ahead.

I'm also going to start keeping more of an eye on these things so we don't have another random challenge fiasco. Seriously, if we can't honor the rules of the challenger, we shouldn't be doing the challenge. Plain and simple.

dragon0fangz
November 27th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Idea.

Tell me if this is fine or not.

A Fail Cup Challenge.

You use pokemon that are fail. cant learn TMs/HMs and are not Wobbuffet or Smeargle.

eligible:
-Caterpie
-Metapod
-Weedle
-Kakuna
-Magikarp
-Ditto
-Unown
-Wurmple
-Silcoon / Cascoon (same exact Pokemon)
-Wynaut
-Beldum
-Kricketot
-Burmy
-Combee
-Shibishirasu
List and fail cup from smogon.

This is good for those that want a true challenge.

560cool.
November 28th, 2010, 04:23 AM
Aw... our poor Challenge Forum is being Spammed by nubcakes. ._. Poor Random Challenge.

@drag0nfangz : It seems like a really tough challenge... of course it might take me a while to actually start it, since you can't just troll opponents with Metapods. o_o I think we should be able to hack/trade for at least a Beldum.

Sydian
November 28th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Why is Wynaut allowed but Wobbuffet not allowed? They are both ubers, by last generation's standards at least.

560cool.
November 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Why is Wynaut allowed but Wobbuffet not allowed? They are both ubers, by last generation's standards at least.

Wobuffet has more HP and higher stats. However, Wynaut can't defend himself as well. I suppose that's why he's on the list. Plus, people never use him. They have Wobuffet.

Exile
November 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Speaking of wynaut and wobbuffet, I remember exploring dark cave in a nuzlocke run of HG/SS with my precious Gabite, and i encountered Wobbuffet, I got scared TO DEATH. I managed to defeat it though :3

560cool.
November 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
How'd you get a Gabite in HG/SS, Karpman ?

Exile
November 28th, 2010, 04:22 PM
How'd you get a Gabite in HG/SS, Karpman ?
I traded an egg over from Platinum

Sydian
November 28th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I actually worked on my triospecies challenge this weekend. I feel so accomplished. :'D

mal'akh
November 28th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I actually worked on my triospecies challenge this weekend. I feel so accomplished. :'D
Everybody celebrate. No srsly. Celebrate. Syd actually did something for a challenge. That deserves a party.
*shot*
<333

560cool.
November 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Aw, Syd. Cute. I worked some in my Favorite too. <3 And made the eggs for the Random, but I still gotta trade 'em over. :3

At least I'm out of the test loop. Expect me spamming around pointless nuzlockes. Oh, and Wednesday aka 1st December is free for Romanians. It's our national day. It celebrates the uniting of the three "countries" which now make up Romania. :3

Yeah, tasty. :-D

Exile
November 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Oh god I just yelled at a 9 year old, now I'm going to hell :S
In other news the Pokemon Sienna faction-locke has started please view the OP of my thread for more details.

560cool.
November 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
What ? Who'd you yell to ?
You mean the OP in the Nuzlocke Thread ?

Sydian
November 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I'm debating on whether or not I want to re-enter the Favorite Challenge on SS again or on Diamond or Pearl. Because I really want to get to post game on both HG and SS, but I really, really hate DP. And I am not restarting Platinum, no thanks. This is a toughie. :(

I think if I wait til Christmas break (right when it starts) and choose either Diamond or Pearl, I can persevere through it. Gosh, I don't know what it is about Sinnoh. :/ I just hate it. I get up to the 3rd badge and I'm like "okay screw it" and quit playing. XD

chaos11011
November 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Sinnoh is awesome,exept the part inbetween "Right after Candice" - "Leaving Mount Coronet after Galactic"

Hoenn is my most hated region (Ironic enough it was my first region.My brother's first region was Kanto and he hates it.I love Kanto and he loves Hoenn)

Exile
November 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Personally my favorite Region is Johto although grinding is quite a hassle, I do like Sinnoh a lot as well, although the Elite Four is insanely strong.
Anyhow I think the thread title should be about Seed bby, js.

560cool.
November 30th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm kinda the same for Sinnoh. I'm in Soldaceon on my favorite in Pt. with my underleveled team, debating on what should I do. Dx
I think title should be about busy-ness and a faint thing about SeedBbby.
Oh, I also hate Sinnoh for Mt. Coronet. You basically can't see cave entrances in that snow ; then how are you even supposed to advance...

mondays suck
November 30th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I too dislike Sinnoh, besides the reasons already stated also for the fact that I can't do my beloved space key abusing in generation 4. In fact, I'm once again on hiatus in PUAP (who isn't :D) because I'm not in the mood to play the later generation games. Also because school has been kicking my butt recently (december looks like it will be quite relaxing though), but it's not like I couldn't play 5 or 6 minutes if I wanted to.

chaos11011
November 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Thread Name: "SeedBby,CottonBby,Lady and Diva controls the CI&D"

Problem Solved

mal'akh
November 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM
New thread name : "When Seedbbys attack."
But yeah, Sinnoh sucks. I say just wait until your X-Mas break to start it.

Sydian
November 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I too dislike Sinnoh, besides the reasons already stated also for the fact that I can't do my beloved space key abusing in generation 4. In fact, I'm once again on hiatus in PUAP (who isn't :D) because I'm not in the mood to play the later generation games. Also because school has been kicking my butt recently (december looks like it will be quite relaxing though), but it's not like I couldn't play 5 or 6 minutes if I wanted to.

I'm with ya there. I'm behind on PUAP because I just haven't been in the mood for certain games. I barely played Blue when it came up the other day. I think my next game is Platinum, which I'm fine with. Oddly enough, I love Platinum, however I won't restart my legit copy. Didn't have the Secret Key on it though, so that's not cool. I do, however, have it on my Platinum ROM. Happy Syd. :D

mal'akh
November 30th, 2010, 06:46 PM
^ Happy Syd is happy
But yay, Seedbby ish back.
Speaking of challenges (lul) I may have to put mine on hold for now. Lucky for me (not), I have to be working on senior graduation project the next few months HARDCORE along with Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. So yeah, won't be posting too many challenge updates, just fyi for those in the Random Challenge Thread.

560cool.
December 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Yay ! I'm back in the PUAP. (: I made a new list due to all of the additions.

However... I'm afraid it might end just as the last time. Need for Speed Porsche is as addictive as ever, Birth By Sleep keeps me busy with storyline and not to mention Dark Dawn coming out in December (in Europe). Dx.

But wutevs. I'll just try...

Oh, and on a real sidenote, did you know zel returned ? I had it in my user status, but I found it quite boring.... I smell ShinyGold n00bs running around screaming ! xD

mondays suck
December 1st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Aaah, so many games I have never played you're mentioning there. I have NFS Porsche in my shelf, but never got around to play it much, I didn't get Shiny Gold to work when I tried quite a while ago (now it would take me about 2 minutes, but back then I had no idea what to do and eventually gave up and forgot about it). And the rest I haven't even heard about, I feel bad now D:
And my only excuse it that I'm too lazy to make a trip the closest city (~30km away) on some weekend and look for some new games there.

And to post something that's actually NOT off-topic... I wonder how many threads for the challenges I'm playing in PUAP will be dead when I finish. About half (well, a bit less maybe) of them has already died, and considering how incredibly fast I am progressing...

Weavile05
December 1st, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hey, Someone should make a thread about the most interesting challenge run you've ever had. Where would it go i wonder....

Sydian
December 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
That would just be discussed in here. CI&D stands for challenge ideas and discussion, so yeah. It would just go in here if someone brought it up. But since you did, I'd say one of the most interesting challenges I've had got me stuck with an Unown with Flying HP. Very...interesting, to say the least.

Weavile05
December 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM
Probably my most interesting one is what I've done of my Ultimate Normal Monotype. I flew through Kanto like nothing, but Johto... Completely different story.

Sydian
December 2nd, 2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6319324#post6319324

Wanna point out that you can all thank me for the "Best Challenger" part of the ballot. ;) Haha. But seriously, take the time to vote on who you think is the best challenger! And all those other things of course.

Also, I think I will actually finish my triospecies challenge on Saturday or Sunday. I have 7 badges, I've been getting one a day and that formula works pretty well for me. So yeah. :D I recommend, for those falling behind in challenges, doing one badge a day if at all possible. And I lucked out. My Ruby clock froze on a low tide hour, so I did end up getting the Snorunt that I wanted. :D

560cool.
December 2nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
I voted for myrrh and mondays as best challengers. (: However, I voted for you at many other things, such as favorite mod. <3

Anyways, no school today either. Mom is stuck home as well because... everything outside is frozen, including the garage door and everything ! Not a bit of snow, only ice.

Here, see for yourself :

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/560cool/HNI_0050.jpg
That's my backyard. Check out the grass.
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/560cool/HNI_0046.jpg
Frontyard. White thing on grass is ice.
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/560cool/HNI_0049.jpg
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/560cool/HNI_0048.jpg
http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/560cool/HNI_0047.jpg
Close-ups of a frozen plant, a tree and some grass in the final one

Yeah, I've never seen such a thing in my entire life. Dx

But, I can continue on my PUAP ! :-D

chaos11011
December 2nd, 2010, 04:52 AM
I thought know one would vote for me....then I saw Seco :D

I voted to,mine was pretty same face,ones that I didn't know who to pick I copied someone else :PP

560cool.
December 2nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Haha, I kinda did the same thing. :-D
So, who'd you guys vote for The Best Challenger ?

Sydian
December 2nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
I voted for mondays and myrrh. :) I saw what y'all did with favorite forum though, and I went and edited mine to match. XD; I was laughing so hard, heck I'm laughing at it now. XD I have edited my post like...708054 times. So I'm not really done with my ballot yet. ;)

I also lol'd at the person that voted Klippy for know it all about Pokemon games. That was the funniest thing I have seen on the ballots so far, tied with CHALLENGES.

560cool.
December 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Forget my old post here.
Even though not relevant to challenges, here are some funny stuff from MotY :

Favourite Female: Forever, Sydian(? lol),
You're still a Gender Bender, Syd. <3

Most Optimistic: Koari
Wtf typo ? xD

So yeah, that's it. (:

Alternative
December 3rd, 2010, 07:39 AM
Oh man I wish I could do challenges. I can, but I got lots of good stuff on my current games that I couldn't. Plus I don't own a regular DS/GBA/SP so I can't play my Ruby/FR/LG/LG.

chaos11011
December 3rd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Old CHALLENGE joke won't get old. :D

And Seco pointed out Imade a typo on my ballet... going to have to fix that. Oh and Imat my grandmoms house who has amazing high speed iternet right now :DIm staying here until Sunday so exepts some massive posting from me :D

560cool.
December 3rd, 2010, 08:50 AM
^I suggest some ROM downloading and challenge spam as well. ^_^
Yeah, too bad I couldn't play PUAP today. And Sapphire progress from yesteeday was nothing. v_v Lazy Seco. /o\

Sydian
December 3rd, 2010, 09:00 AM
You're still a Gender Bender, Syd. <3

It's hilarious, I've gotten votes for favorite male and female. XD;

Oh man I wish I could do challenges. I can, but I got lots of good stuff on my current games that I couldn't. Plus I don't own a regular DS/GBA/SP so I can't play my Ruby/FR/LG/LG.

Oh man, you really have to consider downloading an emulator. :) You would lav eet.

Also...

http://i51.tinypic.com/inepmb.png

http://i51.tinypic.com/fof39u.png

JUST IMAGINE IT OKAY. lol

560cool.
December 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
:O lol, I thought it was real. *shot* Assistant Admin looks better imo, but the Staff Admin is so much nicer as a class.

Exile
December 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
It's hilarious, I've gotten votes for favorite male and female. XD;

Oh man, you really have to consider downloading an emulator. :) You would lav eet.

Also...

http://i51.tinypic.com/inepmb.png

http://i51.tinypic.com/fof39u.png

JUST IMAGINE IT OKAY. lol

I made one of these with me in Moderator Blue and I looked damn good, not sounding cocky or anything XD, and this is just for fun, not implying anything, as I haven't even been on this site for a full year yet
Prepare to be amazed.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/CKmaster/KARPSTA.png?t=1291407383 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

mal'akh
December 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Syddy, Karpman, y'allz be lame. xD
And I have to say, Karp's looks better. xD

And I can't the voting thread for the MOY.
; ~ ;"

mondays suck
December 4th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Woohoo, besides wasting a lot of money on the christmas market, I also managed to FINALLY buy HL2 and TF2 today. So what does that mean? Well, first, I'm going to play some half-drunk PUAP while installing (No Nuzlocke up today, so it won't really affect anything), and then you can probably expect some severely diminished activity from me in the next weeks.

Also, typing is a huge pain in that condition, thank god I have a built-in spellchecker.

Weavile05
December 4th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Man I wish I could get my Ultimate Monotype normal going again... I haven't made any progress at all. Why is it that I easily flew through Kanto with a team of 4 Pokemon, now I have five and I can't even get all the way through the E4 to lance, how the heck am i gonna beat him? I need a good special attacker that can learn Ice punch... Too bad I can't get clefairy yet...

Also, whats PUAP? Is it one of the Challenges up here?

And somebody needs to get the Scramble challenge back up. I'm still waiting to get my full team up there. Also the word challenge too.

dragon0fangz
December 4th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Everybody, give me some reasons why the scramble challenge is unpopular.

It is my favorite challenge, and it never gets old.

These days, everybody doesn't really seem to be in it.

And I just can't understand why.

Exile
December 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Everybody, give me some reasons why the scramble challenge is unpopular.

It is my favorite challenge, and it never gets old.

These days, everybody doesn't really seem to be in it.

And I just can't understand why.

Well maybe people don't like having to beat the game using Magikarp, Male Combee, Rattata, Pidgey, Hoppip and Chingling, I mean it's not very fun if your fellow challengers give you crap and expect you to beat the league with it.

560cool.
December 5th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Well maybe people don't like having to beat the game using Magikarp, Male Combee, Rattata, Pidgey, Hoppip and Chingling, I mean it's not very fun if your fellow challengers give you crap and expect you to beat the league with it.

Yeah, I just noticed 50% of the people there do this, and it's obviously something bad.
We {Syd actually, we lack mod powahz} should enforce this rules and do stuff like excluding NFE Pokemon unless the poster says he wants NFE. Also, no things like Hoppip, Magikarp, Ratatta and the like (what you said, Karpman).
I think this is why it died for a while until myrrh resurrected it. :>

Also, whats PUAP? Is it one of the Challenges up here?
PUAP is the Pick Up and Play challenge. It's somewhere on the first page, if you're interested.

Weavile05
December 5th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Ah. I might be interested...

mal'akh
December 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I just noticed 50% of the people there do this, and it's obviously something bad.
We {Syd actually, we lack mod powahz} should enforce this rules and do stuff like excluding NFE Pokemon unless the poster says he wants NFE. Also, no things like Hoppip, Magikarp, Ratatta and the like (what you said, Karpman).
I think this is why it died for a while until myrrh resurrected it. :>

That's the same problem we had with the Random Pokemon Challenge! D:
We needs some stricter rules about that, at least. I don't mind the Hoppip or Rattata parts, nor the Pidgey (mine proved more useful than some of my fully evolved Pokemon, actually), but when people start getting stupid with the Pokemon they assign someone, and how many page stretching posts it takes just to replace them, it's ridiculous.

chaos11011
December 6th, 2010, 04:27 AM
In my honest opinion,I didn't like either Challenges

In scramble it's just a bunch of restrictions,that challenge only exists for your fellow challengers to piss you of with Male Combees,Unknowns,Magikarp, and "Jigglypuff cannot evolve only use Non-Normal Type moves and no TM/HM"

Random Challenge is BS.I mean the one who is randomizing it could just reset the thing as much as he/she likes to get for the user to get pissed of. I mean I join that challenge twice and I never finished it. You know why?

1st Run: Nobody with Surf Game Over.

2nd Run: Nobody with Cut or Rock Smash.

Both was on Diamond which is nessesary to have those. And I for one feel like its breaking the rules to HM Slave.

Sydian
December 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
The rules would have to be bent by the challenge host for situations in the random challenge like that, Chaos. Mal'akh had a problem with that himself, getting assigned Pokemon that came after Norman, which obviously doesn't work too well.

With the scramble challenge, I've attempted it once and I didn't get such a bad turnout, but other people did. The restrictions can be annoying, and to be honest guys, I'm one person; I can't hover over every thread to see who's following the rules and what not. So if you see someone in these particular challenges that you think is being unfair, please do not hesitate to report it, but make sure you have a valid reason. I will confront said person about it if I find it an irrational assignment. But do keep in mind, it's still a challenge. There has to be some element of challenge in there. Though that Jigglypuff example would be taken into consideration because to my knowledge, Jigglypuff can only learn non-damaging moves that are not of the normal type.

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING PLATINUM ALL DAY FOR PUAP AND I AM HAPPY. :D lololol I finally have time to catch up on challenges and restart my favorite challenge. I even finished my triospecies run! I might be posting a challenge for Pokemon Colosseum/XD soon, so watch out for that. Might be a week or so before I do though, since I still have three more finals this week. But we shall see.

chaos11011
December 7th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Actually Jiggly can, Rollout >.>

Getting a tablet for Christmas so I might avtually start a Nuzlocke Run Comic ( or just maybe a Comic for any run?)

Stormer
December 7th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I think there should be a random color run. You list the number of pokemon you want and the person below you list that many colors. Then he/she picks a number. The first person looks down the list and his/her first pokemon color is the first posts 1st color. The sencond posts sencond colr is their next pokemon and ect. They may only use pokemon that fit their colors.

chaos11011
December 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
How about this.

You say 6 colors then someone says a number. The number selected is the number in the regions pokedex order pokemon.

Confusing? Time to Explain.

I choose Green as one of my colors and im playing Leaf Green. And Seco. (isnt he like in every one of my explanations? xD) chooses 4.

Caterpie is the fourth pokemon in LG's Pokedex thats green,so I have to use that in my team.

Exile
December 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM
How about this.

You say 6 colors then someone says a number. The number selected is the number in the regions pokedex order pokemon.

I choose Green as one of my colors and im playing Leaf Green. And Seco. (isnt he like in every one of my explanations? xD) chooses 4.

Caterpie is the fourth pokemon in LG's Pokedex thats green,so I have to use that in my team.

That actually does sound appetizing, I may give it a go, if you post a thread. Although, I'm not sure how I'd feel having to beat LG with a caterpie :S.
Anyhow, if I ever get a tablet, the diamond run is getting a comic, definetly.

chaos11011
December 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Well if it's evolution is green you can use it. a.i Metapod is green but Butterfree isn't.

Stormer
December 7th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Well if it's evolution is green you can use it. a.i Metapod is green but Butterfree isn't. I like it. If a thread is posted, I will join.

How about this.

Caterpie is the fourth pokemon in LG's Pokedex thats green,so I have to use that in my team. I like it. If a thread is made, I will jon.

chaos11011
December 8th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I made the thread,just waiting for Syd to accept it. Rule 4 majorly inforces that no Whinning for another pokemon. If you do I will report them to Syd.

Impo
December 8th, 2010, 06:07 AM
umm.... i have an idea for a challenge... don't know if it's made or not..

It's for R/S/E/D/P/Pt
and it's a contest challenge, where you get a team of 5 Pokemon and train them all in one contest stat, then aim to get all the ribbons in one category per pokemon. You could also try and beat the elite 4 too, for an extra challenge, i gues...

Sydian
December 10th, 2010, 12:02 PM
It's for R/S/E/D/P/Pt
and it's a contest challenge, where you get a team of 5 Pokemon and train them all in one contest stat, then aim to get all the ribbons in one category per pokemon. You could also try and beat the elite 4 too, for an extra challenge, i gues...

There was one, but I think it died, and it included the Pokethlon too. That would be cool, actually. And you could probably include BW because they have musicals, which are similar to contests. But that's up to whoever wants to make the thread. But yeah, that one died off long ago, so it's safe to say another one could be made.

Also, would we have to start a new game? People seem to like challenges that don't involve restarting games, like the PUAP challenge.

chaos11011
December 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry Syd but...

seedbby

n. music, but also a secret code-word for cigarettes.
"Boy, you can't hate seedbby!"

http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slang.cgi?ref=seedbby :PP

PUAP seems dead D:

Enigma
December 12th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I was thinking of a challenge similar to the Beginning Letter Challenge. You take the first six (or any number below, depending on the amount of letters you have and/or how many pokemon you want to use) letters of your username, and use pokemon according to the beginning letter. Not a very good explanation, but here's an example.

My first six letters are I, N, F, E, R, and N again. That means I would use pokemon beginning with those letters, like Illumise, Noctowl, Flareon, Espeon, and so forth.

Sydian
December 12th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry Syd but...

seedbby

n. music, but also a secret code-word for cigarettes.
"Boy, you can't hate seedbby!"

...gtfo. >:(

I was thinking of a challenge similar to the Beginning Letter Challenge. You take the first six (or any number below, depending on the amount of letters you have and/or how many pokemon you want to use) letters of your username, and use pokemon according to the beginning letter. Not a very good explanation, but here's an example.

My first six letters are I, N, F, E, R, and N again. That means I would use pokemon beginning with those letters, like Illumise, Noctowl, Flareon, Espeon, and so forth.

I like this one. Can't think of an appropriate name for it though, haha. But I do like it! Works great for those of us with exactly six letters. Hmm...

Seed bby :DD
Yanmega D:
Duskull ^-^
Infernape :|
ARCEUS LOLOLOL
Noctowl? .-.

Enigma
December 12th, 2010, 09:53 PM
I was thinking of calling it the 'Username Letter Challenge' or something along those lines.
I'll definitely set up that challenge after completing my current one. :D

Sydian
December 12th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'll be keeping an eye out for it! :) Make sure you know all the rules before posting. OMG. I can't tell you how many challenges that wait on approval that have such bad formatting...it's like...ugh. :( Words can't describe.

In other news, I'm two games away from finishing PUAP (just got White and Sienna left) and I hate Wayward Cave. :(

chaos11011
December 13th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I'm sorry Syd D:

I like that new Username thing I would have

Chikorita
Hitodeman (Staryu's Jap. Name, no rule against that ;D)
Ashamo (Torchic's Jap. Name, no rule against that ;D)
Onigori (Glalie's Jap Name, no rule against that ;D)
Sirknight (Gardevoir Jap name, no rule against that ;D)
1HMSLAVE ( as in One HM SLave ;D)

Sydian
December 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
EVEN BETTER. If you have a number, you have to use that Pokemon. But that limits it to just 1-9, the Kanto starters. Unless it's like...here's an example.

Jarlorda
Oshawott
Smeargle
Heracross
2 Pikachu

Because the last numbers in the name are 25, you could use Pikachu, instead of Ivysaur for 2 and Charmeleon for 5. idk. olol You just have to consider the ones with numbers in the names. So what about symbols and underscores? Or you could use a Pokemon that starts with the letter of that number. That seems like a good one, too.

Enigma
December 13th, 2010, 09:11 PM
These ideas are all pretty cool! Maybe for symbols, you use an Unown? I'm not sure. Maybe underscore = Unown U, period = Unown P, etc?

Sydian
December 13th, 2010, 09:26 PM
For symbols, I was thinking you could use a Pokemon of that shape, if there is a Pokemon of that shape. If someone has a star, use Starmie, heart is Luvdisc, ! is Unown ! (same with ? Unown), music note is...Chatot? :D Oh, and another thing, what about Japanese usernames? :( That's another thing that's a problem.

chaos11011
December 14th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Not a problem. If it's Katakana it's the same basic thing. If someone has a username called ウラタビカプ (Uratabikapu) they have to use this sceme.

ウ= ウインディ Uindie/Arcanine
ラ= ラティオス Rateiosu/Latios
タ= タマンタ Tamanta/Mantyke
ビ= ビクティニ Bikutini/Victini
カ= カメール Kameiru/Wartortle
プ=プリン Purin/Jigglypuff

That means you MUST use Japanese names.

Hirigana you can do the same thing.

た = タ (Replace the Hirigana letter with the Katakana)

And for Kanji say you have

鶏 = Fighting Chicken (Torchic Line?)
恨 = Grudge (Any Poke who learns it)
丸 = Round (Round Pokemon)

And so one

Alternative
December 14th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I love the idea of the Username Challenge. If I did do it, I would be using it for R/S/E. Let's see if I can come up with something.
A = Azumarill
L = Ludicolo
T = Tentacruel
E = Exploud
R = Relicanth
N = Ninetales

Exile
December 14th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I've been looking for a reason to restart heartgold, perhaps my team could be...
K=Kingler (Great HM slave ;D)
A=Ampharos
R=Rhyperior
P=Poliwrath
M=Meganium
A=Arcanine

I am quite content.

Enigma
December 14th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I love all of the ideas, guys! Looks like this will work, and it's going to be a blast for many. I'm at Mauville on my Beginning Letter Challenge, so I should be done by next week. I'll have the thread up then for all to join and enjoy.

Haberdasher
December 15th, 2010, 10:30 AM
And I could use...

Hitmonchan
Alakazam
Blastoise
Electrode
Raticate
Dugtrio

Not a bad team. I might have to try that challenge out in the future.

chaos11011
December 15th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Meh lets try my name again, but this time no Japanese Names (Awww D:) Leaf Green since it's all good ;D

C = Cleafable (A good wall, and other than the Nido's it's the Swiss Army knife of Pokemon)
H = Hitmonlee (Brute Force = Bruce Lee)
A = Aerodactyl (Oh hai, I'm a Flying Pokemon, has acess to Rock Slide and I'm fast :3)
O = Omastar (My favorite Water Pokemon in Gen I, Surfer obviously)
S = Sandlash (Another Wall, but still packs a punch)
1 = Bulbasaur (I mean who DIDN'T see this coming <3 To bad no evolution)

Sydian
December 15th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Okay guys, we can stop posting our names now that we've worked out how the challenge will go. It's just spammy now.

myrrhman
December 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
HEY GUYS I'M BACK!!! I don't know if I posted here yet or not, but yeah. I was super busy with school and now I am super busy with updating the challenges. SO HAI!!

Sydian
December 15th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Oh dear me, I missed the warden. Now this place can really spruce up. Oh man you're still using that banned redsaber made? Isn't it like...tainted?

myrrhman
December 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Oh dear me, I missed the warden. Now this place can really spruce up. Oh man you're still using that banned redsaber made? Isn't it like...tainted?

Well, I haven't really been doing Challenges much. And I haven't been updating my sig much. But yes, as of now I am using that. I think I'm just going to edit it down to Monotypes. Maybe when I finish all of those I might do just Colors, and then after that I might do everything else.

Anyways, I was skimming through this thread and saw someone's idea to make up your own class of trainer, as well as their training style and pretend like you're them. I LIKE THIS. Someone should do that.

chaos11011
December 15th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Myrrh's Warden? I want a name D:

I did that "Trainer Class" challenge before, if I recall correctly I did it on Plat. and I had PorygonZ, Alakazam, Magnezone, Weezing, and Muk. Good times, good times.

EDIT I was a Scientist (spelling?)

jdthebud
December 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Hmm. Both the Trainer's Class and Username challenges are both very doable - you would need a bit more interpretation for the trainers class though. I really like the Username one. It would really spawn some unusual AND different teams, as well as open up the possibility of an Ultimate run. It also adds a touch of personality, and almost nobody would be using the same team, which can happen on ones like the monotype runs and anime challenges.

I will definitely participate in the username one.

Exile
December 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Firstly, let's all give a warm welcome to our warden, Myrrhman. I'm sure we've all really missed the guy.
Anyhow, I'd only undertake the trainer class challenge if I were a hiker or a bugcatcher, being an Ace Trainer or Pokemon Breeder really takes the "challenge" part out of it, imo.

myrrhman
December 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
From what I was thinking, you didn't use an existing one. You created your own.

Enigma
December 15th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I think I may have thought of another challenge. What about a base stat total challenge? Like only being able to use pokemon under a certain base stat total. (I haven't been able to decide on a fair limit on it, if anyone would like to comment on that. :3)

vaporeon7
December 16th, 2010, 02:36 AM
What about a base stat total limit of 2910 for 6 Pokemon (an average of 485 for each Pokemon). Also I like your other idea and I'll join when it's posted.

chaos11011
December 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Don't we already have a BST Challenge?

Exile
December 16th, 2010, 12:44 PM
What about a base stat total limit of 2910 for 6 Pokemon (an average of 485 for each Pokemon). Also I like your other idea and I'll join when it's posted.

Even if we do already have one of these, not only is 485 a lot on it's own, someone could simply tank through the game using 3 legendary pokemon, or at least powerful ones, disregarding the other two, or using them as HM slaves. As the former argument is equivalent to my initial playthrough of most games, I don't consider this a challenge. At all.

Enigma
December 16th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Don't we already have a BST Challenge?
The only one I found was a BS Cap challenge. (You can only use pokemon that have base stats totals that all add up to whatever. Plus, it was really inactive) Mine is just use Pokemon with totals below a certain number. (Like say the limit is 200; you can use as many Pokemon as you want with totals equaling or below 200.)

Speaking of which, about 250 or 200 sounds about right to actually make it a challenge, or at least I think so. 200 might be a little too hard.

myrrhman
December 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
What Karpman said. Too easy to just run through with a Nidoking and Starmie or something.

Also, the only challenge ever attempted similar to that was the limit challenge where you could only use weak pokemon.

Sydian
December 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
350-400 sounds about right. 200 and below is...way too hard, from what I'm looking at.

Enigma
December 18th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Another idea, If no one has done this already. How about a Pickup challenge? Only use the items that a Pokemon with Pickup gets.

Great news. I've finally completed my current challenge (The Beginning Letter Challenge), so I will be posting my Username Challenge today. :)

chaos11011
December 19th, 2010, 03:11 PM
A less then a week 'till Christmas? Arceus, it the month flew.

TO bad by the time I get my Tablet, I will be to late to draw a Christmas hat on a Pokemon. I'll probably Draw one by hand then take a picture of it and put it as my avi.

Pickup Challenge is wayyyyy to limited. There's less then 10 Pokemon that get pickup if I recall correctly.

myrrhman
December 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM
A less then a week 'till Christmas? Arceus, it the month flew.

TO bad by the time I get my Tablet, I will be to late to draw a Christmas hat on a Pokemon. I'll probably Draw one by hand then take a picture of it and put it as my avi.

Pickup Challenge is wayyyyy to limited. There's less then 10 Pokemon that get pickup if I recall correctly.
Apparently, according to Serebii, there is 10 total, including B/W Pokemon.

chaos11011
December 20th, 2010, 04:46 AM
See, I wanted to say 10 but if I was wrong there would be people trolling me on how I was wrong :P

So yeah, that challenge is limited to the Pokemon you could use. Maybe you could add like pokemon with Honey Gather. But that adds like 2 pokemon? (Combee and Teddiursa)

den899pop
December 20th, 2010, 04:57 AM
What about the ability of the starter pokemon. that adds about 12 more.

560cool.
December 20th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Hi guys !
I've been away this whole December... I had to fix some problems with my life (including my insomnia and Internet obsession). Well, after 1 month without video games and Internet, I decided to return. I'm back but, however, I won't be playing as much as before. But it's nice to be back again.
yes, I'm aware I had one or two log-ins. I just wanted to check... >:

myrrhman
December 20th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome back, 560! Apparently, December is a good month to come back to PC

560cool.
December 20th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty happy I got time to put PC and gaming back into my schedule. I'm also pretty sure I won't get huge insomnia while I have to sleep, this making me pick up my netbook and stay on the Internet all night. It basically destroyed my social and educational real life. But now, it's a lot better.

So, I'll get a PUAP, Favorite for my SS, and some more lurking. And... modays isn't on...? Oh yeah, he mentioned something about TF2 and HP.

Exile
December 20th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Welcome back, 560! Apparently, December is a good month to come back to PC
It's christmastime, is it not? Anyhow, welcome to back to the PC, 560.
And what is it with all the trollfaces these days?

560cool.
December 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
It's christmastime, is it not? Anyhow, welcome to back to the PC, 560.
And what is it with all the trollfaces these days?

Trollface is lurking in every corner of the Internet. Plus, he's so cool. And I can doodle him. Yay ! :-D And yes, I seriously hope for an iPod Touch 4 on Christmaseve. ^_^

dragon0fangz
December 20th, 2010, 12:48 PM
What do you think of a Trainer challenge?

Basically, you pick any trainer from any game (excluding Gym leaders, Elite Four, Rivals) and play through the game using that trainer's exact team and movesets. For those that are rematchable, their final teams are the team you must use.

Sounds like it would be a very interesting challenge.

560cool.
December 20th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I think we had one before, but it must have died. D:
Also, exact movesets is something I would hate. Remember The Red Challenge somebody did ? It failed because of that. well, it died anyways, buuut....
So yeah, I'm pretty sure that if I were to do it, I would pick only one move, not all. It would make the challenge more interesting. (:

Also, here's a nice find from teh intarwebz. I am not trolling you, this is just my Christmas present to the CHALLENGE forum :
http://www.thevine.com.au/resources/imgdetail/christmas-trollface_detail_081210051420.jpg
HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL ! HEHE. I might even doodle a trollface with a Santa Hat. Why not ? <3[/QUOTE]

chaos11011
December 21st, 2010, 07:12 AM
Merry Christmas! (well sorta)
I got Presents for all of you :D I drew some Pokemon for you all. The caption under the picture explains stuff.
For my favorite mod, Sydian
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0268.jpg
This took forever to do.Mid drawing I spent 10 mins decideding wether or not to make 3 holes on the hat for the leaves. but I didn't. The tag says Merry Christmas.
For the guy who wants a zombie Jumpluff, Mondayssuck
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0269.jpg
If you can't read what it says on the ribbons on the cotton balls:
Top Cotton Ball: Insert Zombie Jumpluff here
The one with a Christmas Hat: Mondays Suck
The one next to it's hip: They really do
Yes I give myself presents, chaos11011
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0270.jpg
Indigo is a ninja, but not today. He perfers the Christmas Spirit. You guys will be seeing alot of him on my fan comic soon.
For my best/closest freind on the forum, Seco.560cool.
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0262.jpg
Now PC needs a Blaziken wordfilter, herp derp.
For the Challenge Warden/King, Myrrhman
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0271.jpg
If I wasn't going to do a Nuzlocke Comic on Leaf Green, I would swear to never draw this Pokemon again. It's to hard.
And for something not Christmas related but challenge related
http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Foto-0272.jpg
My team from my first nuzlocke, Platinum.
And the best picture of all
http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg
I posted this early so you guys can use it for your avi's or something. No need for credit.

Karpman I didn't forget about you. I just need to know your favorite Pokemon and I'll post yours. In the meantime I'll go get more paper because my notebook ran out D:

560cool.
December 21st, 2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah, yay ! I really love how Chicken Little turned out. myrrh's Nidoking is pretty awesome, Zombie Jumpluff has tons of writings and seed bby is plain cute. <3 Oh, and nice Ivysaur. I love giving presents to myself, too. But it hits my wallet pretty hard. O:

CHALLENGE related, I got an Absol in my favorite challenge. I simply can't believe I'm so lucky. I actually wanted him. :3

Oh, and trollface trollwins. Trollsanta wishes you Merry Christmas ! (:

Rainbow-Sasuke
December 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
How about the National Dex Number challenge? Someone picks you six National Dex numbers, then you play through the game with the Pokémon corresponding to the numbers.

dragon0fangz
December 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
Isnt that like just picking pokemon for someone else? How is that a challenge? It's also like the Scramble challenge in a way.

Rainbow-Sasuke
December 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
Well, hardly, because your not setting specific challenges to each Pokémon.

Enigma
December 21st, 2010, 01:00 PM
How about a personality challenge? Someone assigns you Pokemon based on what they believe your personality to be like. I'm not quite sure how I'd find out about one's personality, though.

Alpha King
December 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
How about a personality challenge? Someone assigns you Pokemon based on what they believe your personality to be like. I'm not quite sure how I'd find out about one's personality, though.

You could use this:
http://cte.jhu.edu/techacademy/web/2000/kochan/charactertraits.html

Enigma
December 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
You could use this:
http://cte.jhu.edu/techacademy/web/2000/kochan/charactertraits.html

So I guess a person would post with how many Pokemon they want and what game, and the next poster assigns them Pokemon based on the personalities. Anyone else approve of this idea?

Sydian
December 21st, 2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the Seed bby, Chaos. :D Seed bby is actually hard for me to draw as well. I don't know why. I mean...it's just a bby. v_v

As for that personality challenge, that actually seems kinda cool. I'm a mystery man though, so I doubt I'd enter it. Manly would be one of my traits though, obvs.

dragon0fangz
December 21st, 2010, 08:57 PM
Yet another challenge idea.

The No PC Challenge.

Basically, NO PC. You have to use the first six pokemon you obtain. Not much of a challenge, but you do have to be wise about what you catch.

Enigma
December 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Okay then, I guess I'll start up the personality challenge then. :D

560cool.
December 22nd, 2010, 12:39 AM
The personality thing sounds quite interesting. Even though not on the Internet, I'm pretty sarcastic with people, and they believe the sarcastic things I say...
And the NO PC Challenge isn't really that challenging. You could go ahead and solo the game with your starter, and maybe catch a powerful Pokemon or two for the lulz.

solarowl
December 22nd, 2010, 01:49 AM
Just a random idea. Maybe the Box challenge or something. In the challenge, a person takes a game in which they have completed ( basically beat E4 two times or beat Red in some cases) and posts how many boxes full of pokemon they have. The next poster posts a random box number which the poster above had, and then the poster chooses 6 random pokemon from that box,( maybe by a diagnal order,first from each row, etc.) and those 6 pokemon ( or 4 or5 if they want an HM Slave) are used in his/her journey. Also, they start a different game, pokemon may be traded if not found in that game. Maybe something along those lines.

560cool.
December 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
^We already have similar thing, just that you don't pick a random box, you pick six Pokemon from all of the poster's boxes. It's called the Box Clearance Challenge and it's on the 1st page. You should check it out. (:

dragon0fangz
December 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Yet another idea!
I love spamming this thread with challenge ideas.
But this one is actually good.
Its a variation on the Monotype Challenge!
Its called the duo-type challenge!
How is it harder, you say?
Just pick 2 types, your pokemon must be either of these two types, or both. No other types.
Say, for Hoenn, you chose Dark and Grass.
You can use Shiftry, Cacturne, Mightyena, and Bellossom. However, you can't use Sharpedo or Breloom, as those are also water and fighting types.
Get it?

560cool.
December 23rd, 2010, 12:22 AM
^Never mind, challenge idea spamming is something we all love. xD
Well yeah, I can see what you want, even though some types are pretty limited. I think we can work something out of this challenge. (:

solarowl
December 23rd, 2010, 12:27 AM
I don't think the above challenge isn't that hard because a person can choose two really good types like dragon and something else.

560cool.
December 23rd, 2010, 12:46 AM
We could prevent that by a rule. Maybe allow a single good type. Maybe not allow Dragon types at all, as when someone would choose dragon, it would come next to flying or something, as that is the most common secondary type for dragons.

chaos11011
December 23rd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Actually if Dragons are such a good type why are we allowed to use them in Mono-Type?

Dragon is still a type none-the-less so it needs no restrictions.

THough if one was neccesary maybe a "no trade for your type rule" and a "must have your type before 1st Gym rule" that way someone cant get a ubsurd type combo like Dragon and Steel which are both the best typing Offensive and Defensively. (and since a Empleon and Garchomp/Altaria combo isnt allowed No game can get both Steel and Dragon)

560cool.
December 23rd, 2010, 04:28 AM
^Yeah, like I said, some combos are impossible, if not downright stupid and can't be done. Also, dragons require a lot of experience, so I suppose it's OK. As to get the dragon's level high, you do have to grind like a mad scientist.

chaos11011
December 23rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
Ghost and Fighting (the type combo that hits everything for neutral damage, exept for Normal/Ghost which doesn't exist yet) is Impossible in every gen exept for Gen IV (though the only team possible is a DuoRun with Dusknoir/Mismagius and Machamp depending on the Version and is Impossible in Diamond.)

So thats not broken unless we do a 4 Pokemon Minimum rule.

myrrhman
December 23rd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah, dragons should definitely be allowed. Unless you want to have a Dragonair for the whole game, in gen 1 you would be stuck with Dragon/Flying, and there is no Flying type that isn't a dual type, making Dragonite your only Pokemon.

December 23rd, 2010, 01:57 PM
Okay, thread will be made by me, look forward to it!

Also, something Im just a bit confused about.

Most challenges ban legendaries, but some pseudo-legendaries are stronger than some legendaries. Moltres vs Tyranitar, who would win?

I vote that all Legendaries 600 BST and below be unbanned!

Exile
December 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Okay, thread will be made by me, look forward to it!

Also, something Im just a bit confused about.

Most challenges ban legendaries, but some pseudo-legendaries are stronger than some legendaries. Moltres vs Tyranitar, who would win?

I vote that all Legendaries 600 BST and below be unbanned!

I honestly think it's up to the challenger, whether they want to use Legendaries or not. Legendaries are most likely banned for the fact that they are "Above" all other pokemon and each of them is extremely powerful in their own right, even Moltres.
The example you gave however, was a bad one. Primeape, which is by no means, pseudo-legendary could easily defeat a regice, and Gyarados could beat an entei. Type advantages trump base stats in-game, so the argument is, irrelevant.

December 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
A bit of misstatement on my part, I meant to say, which is stronger in general, Tyranitar or Moltres?

Exile
December 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
A bit of misstatement on my part, I meant to say, which is stronger in general, Tyranitar or Moltres?

Obviously Tyranitar is stronger, as it is both an offensive and defensive threat. Do remember, though, that all challenges take place in-game, where every pokemon has value. Ubers, BST, IVs and breeding don't matter, the trainer's willingness to accept and train whatever is thrown at him is what truly matters.

Enigma
December 23rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
For those that thought the personality challenge (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239291) was a cool idea, it's up and ready now. c:

December 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Obviously Tyranitar is stronger, as it is both an offensive and defensive threat. Do remember, though, that all challenges take place in-game, where every pokemon has value. Ubers, BST, IVs and breeding don't matter, the trainer's willingness to accept and train whatever is thrown at him is what truly matters.

yeah, so my point is that legendaries shouldn't be banned. That's what I was trying to say in the first place. ^^; Making a comparison between an unbanned pokemon and a banned pokemon seemed like the best way, but I totally agree with you on that Ubers, BST, IV, and Breedinng don't matter. Hell, I once did a solo run on Silver with an Igglybuff (a crowning achievement which I am very proud of.)

myrrhman
December 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
I think that legendaries are banned for a combination of reasons.
1. They are, with a select few others, the strongest Pokemon in the game. This would make the challenges "too easy", so they ban Pokemon. By banning the "best" Pokemon, you are attempting to make it harder. However, if you did it by base stat total, how would you decide the cut-off? If you picked a cut-off, then someone could say "Well, Pokemon X is the best of the Pokemon allowed, so he should be banned too." And on and on until there are no more Pokemon left. By banning only legendaries, you are getting a majority of the ridiculously powerful Pokemon, and there is a nice cut-off point.
2. Most legendaries are obtained late game. If you don't hack to get them, you will be doing a majority of the game without the Pokemon you're using (in the case of a solo challenge).
3. It's a pain to look up the Pokemon by base stat total so you can see who is banned and who is not banned.
4. Banning "good" Pokemon is entirely judgmental. I would much rather prefer a Nidoking or Starmie over Tyrannitar in 3rd or 4th gen, and I would prefer a T/F/I Punch and Psychic Alakazam in 2nd Gen.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I had started a challenge idea a while back. It's called the Evil Challenge. Basically you play through with Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. I've got everything made, but don't have lists of Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. Do you guys think this is a good idea, and if so, can someone help me find the lists?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lastly, I have a challenge for someone. See my challenge card thing in my sig? I don't like it anymore. Can someone make me a new one? I only want my name, Monotypes, Nuzlockes, and Solos (at least for now). I know this isn't really the right place, but pleeeeeeease?

Enigma
December 23rd, 2010, 10:31 PM
I had started a challenge idea a while back. It's called the Evil Challenge. Basically you play through with Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. I've got everything made, but don't have lists of Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. Do you guys think this is a good idea, and if so, can someone help me find the lists?

I could probably help you. This sounds really cool. I could probably make lists, unless there was a specific site which lists all of the Pokemon they use, and you just can't find it.

myrrhman
December 23rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
I could probably help you. This sounds really cool. I could probably make lists, unless there was a specific site which lists all of the Pokemon they use, and you just can't find it.
I don't know of any site. I've searched around and can't find it. If you can do Galactic and PM it to me, I can take care of Aqua and Magma.

Enigma
December 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
I don't know of any site. I've searched around and can't find it. If you can do Galactic and PM it to me, I can take care of Aqua and Magma.
Did you already take care of Rocket then? The list I'll be compiling will be of all the different species that Galactic has used, if that's what you wanted.