Enigma
January 20th, 2011, 09:11 PM
OLDER PERSON IS OLDER

The Swellow can either be Inferno or Rogue. Take your pick. xD

jdthebud
January 20th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Swellow = JD.

Edit: Damn, InfernoRogue beat me.

And it's nice to see I'm not the only one over 20 here...

Enigma
January 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Swellow = JD.

Edit: Damn, InfernoRogue beat me.

And it's nice to see I'm not the only one over 20 here...

Lol, nickname should be some random combo of our usernames. JDRogue? lmao.

...I honestly have no idea what to say about this age conversation. ._.

chaos11011
January 21st, 2011, 03:55 AM
(m)E = mcSquared 14 :PP

I'm getting my 3DS for my Burfdays :PP

So um, question of the week day?

"What challenge are you participating in? If you are in multiple state your favorite" < I feel guitly stealing Forever's thing D:

My favorite challenge that I'm in is my Spirit Gold Nuzlocke. It gives a nice twist because It's side by side my Heart Gold Nuzlocke :DD

Alternative
January 21st, 2011, 05:23 AM
I've been trying to start an Emerald Nuzlocke, but I'm struggling to choose whether to go with normal or Monotype Water with it. I want the water, but I also really want to go ahead with Treecko. Also I've been doing some super procrastination. :D

myrrhman
January 21st, 2011, 06:32 AM
We'll go with look at the siggy.

I don't have a favorite active challenge. I'm doing the HG Water Mono because I mean it just needs to get done. And the Silver Nuzzy is on my laptop that's in the shop, so I'm not really doing that one right now.

Out of the 9-10 challenges on my list, I think my favorite was/is the Ultimate Trio Challenge. I really like Crobat now. He's joining the ranks of Nidoking, Starmie, Milotic, and Staraptor as my top favorite Pokemon. For sure.

Alternative
January 21st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Did you know I've only ever completed one challenge? Sure I've made several attempts, but only ever one completion. It was a monotype ground in Pearl, where I ended up with a Torterra, Golem, Quagsire, Garchomp and something else, which I've forgotten what it is.

Also, I WILL stop procrastinating and start my Nuzlocke challenge. I promise. <3

myrrhman
January 21st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.

jdthebud
January 21st, 2011, 07:57 AM
Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?

myrrhman
January 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?

Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.

jdthebud
January 21st, 2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.Yeah, No$gba was crappy for a while, it couldn't play Diamond very well for a while (it would run at like 80% with 10 fps), and I really started playing the DS games last year in the summer mostly. I played Diamond first, with Torterra, then when Platinum came out I went through it with Infernape, I still have the original one (ROM) with my L92 Infernape that I grinded in the Battleground lol. I also hacked in L50 Pokemon from the Battle Tower Record sheet over on Smogon to see how far I could get with them lol. Then I discovered PC in October when I was looking for Pokemon to solo with (I think it was the archived solo challenge thread), and never looked back.

Alli
January 21st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.

myrrhman
January 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.
I did something pretty fun that your personal challenge reminded me of. I caught every Pokemon in every generation (the ones legally obtainable, mind you). I did it in Blue (which is actually where I got my name A), Silver, Emerald, and Diamond. Diamond was the easiest because about 65% of them were just traded from Emerald. Until I lost it.

Alli
January 21st, 2011, 09:31 PM
Technically, I could do this in every generation (well, I'd have to use FRLG for gen I and HGSS for gen II because I don't have the means for trading in earlier generations) but...well, I'm not that determined. I am also working on the Isshu Dex in White, so the Hall of Fame thing really ties in with that.

Alternative
January 21st, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'm still procrastinating and avoiding the Nuzlocke challenge. Oh well, might as well try to start now. :/

Enigma
January 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Still trying to train all six of my Pokemon. It's kind of difficult, since I'm training right before Norman. :/

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
Having six Pokemon right before Norman would be tough. If I were doing that challenge I'd acquire my sixth Pokemon around the Liza + Tate stage.

I finally stopped procrastinating and started my Nuzlocke challenge! Albeit only getting just outside Birch's lab. Still it's enough to have a Pokemon and nickname it. :D

Enigma
January 22nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm training all of my pokemon up to level 30, so I should be alright to take him on. It's just hard, because the highest leveled wild pokemon are in the desert. Shedinja can't even train there. (Sandstorm damage=instant ko)

mondays suck
January 22nd, 2011, 02:36 AM
You shouldn't use Shedinja against Norman anyway, I'm pretty sure all three of his Pokemon know Faint Attack. Except maybe in Emerald where he also has a Linoone.

560cool.
January 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
The Favorite challenge is killing me. It's so hard keeping up with 6 Pokemon... balancing and evening them out. I usually luck out so much at gyms... :/ it just feels wrong.

For instancie, here's what happened for Maylene's Lucario : I had /Seco/ (my Combusken) out, hit it with Double Kick once before dying from Force Palm. Sends out Blues (Dratini) at about 41/65 HP... OHKO. Then Myrrh (Aerodactyl) kicks in with a Rock Smash, which sends into yellow, but activates the Sitrus Berry. Myrrh gets OHKOd, and Alterna' the Manectric finishes with a Shock Wave, and 5 HP left.

A similar thing happened against Wake. I epic-Toxic stalled with .chaos, the Exeggcute (I prefer it like that, chaos :/), Quagsire took a Grass Knot or two and died. Floatzel. A chain of events led to Alterna' with 1 HP left (1 Crunch. lol) Shock Wave... from 3/4 it died with a Shock Wave. I stared at the screen as the words : "A critical hit !" and "The foe's Floatzel fainted" appeared. Lv. 30 > Lv. 37. <:

And now, the most tedious, annoying, stupid part of the game. Snow crawling and Mt. Coronet. Behold !

Enigma
January 22nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
I think I just thought of two challenges.

1st is the Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge (will probably make the name shorter if I can think of something) This is simple to figure out, but can be difficult. You pick as many Pokemon as you want to have in your party, as usual. But say you pick an offensive oriented Pokemon, like Primeape, as one of your pokemon. You then have to make the Pokemon a more like a defensive Pokemon.
Vice versa with defensive oriented pokemon, like Chansey. Make it an offensive pokemon.

2nd is also a simple challenge; a Trade challenge. Basically, just trade with a random person (whom will be picked for you and is also taking the challenge) at certain specified points of a game. However, you don't get to pick which pokemon to trade either; a random party slot will be assigned to you and your random trade partner, and you guys just trade. Other then that, play normally.
Of course, I'm probably going to need some guidelines on that, because it would be terrible for someone on their 7th badge to be traded a pokemon from someone on their 1st badge.

Exile
January 22nd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Awesome snow day was awesome. Shoveling, however, was not.
If anyone feels like battling with their HoF teams in nuzlockes on PO, then I may set something up, with permission of course.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n

myrrhman
January 22nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n

But what will you do when Syd changes to boy again?

Also, I like all these challenge Ideas. But only if we can pretend that Nidoking is a defensive Pokemon :P

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
You should have named a genderless Pokemon after me, haha. I like those challenge ideas too. That defensive/offensive one sounds pretty difficult actually.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Well I don't have a Genderless Pokemon with me yet. >.<
Bu I'm doing well so far. n_n Only three Pokemon have died, which are Noob, Puresex and DavidBowie.

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Wow. Who the hell is Puresex? :| Also, looks like most of my Pokemon in BW are named after staff members. The team I have to use for my next Hall of Fame are:

Nica / Denchura
Shivi / Rankurusu
Sydbb / Seed bby
Tara / Shanderaa
Fart / Maggyo
Yummy / Baibanira

No I have not learned English names yet, shush.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Puresex was my Ralts, which I found and died pretty much instantly. >.< I wanted to use a Ralts as well. :'( Although I did manage to catch a Wurmple for the third time finding one without stocking up on Pokeballs. n_n

Y U NO CALL RANKURUSU NICK 4?

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM
I imagine Ralts would be hard to use in a Nuzlocke, considering it only has Growl upon capture.

Um because Nick was originally a Chillarmy fanboy and Shivi has always liked Rankurusu. So Nick is a Cillaccino now.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM
I thought Nick was always a Rank fanboy. -_- You're still my Treecko, whom I still have and hasn't died yet. <3

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 09:02 PM
No, he recently got obsessed actually. And if I die, I will hunt you down. >:(

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
That is, if you can find out where I live. ;D
I'm in Rustboro city, and alas, Sydian has died. D:

Exile
January 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
If I edit my usertitle to be in steel blue in MS paint, will you name a Rohbushin after me, syd?
@Alternative, good luck with your nuzlocke, hopefully you can get a Pokemon with some bulk, you'll need it.

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 09:32 PM
It'll be a while before I can get one actually, but yeah. That works fine because I currently have two Larrys, the leopard thing and the thing that evolves into Conkeldurr (see, I remembered something).

AND BOOO ALT. BOOOO. >:( You are horrible, I am ashamed. You get no place in my Hall of Fame challenge now because you let me die.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
What is with that name? It sounds so bad. Con-kel-durr. It sounds almost as bad as my imitation of Eminem, which I replace every word with "Herpa Derpa Derp".

And Sydian, I thought the Bazinga was implied. You didn't really die. :P

Alli
January 22nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Someone needs to watch Slowflake's LPs. He's trying to make Conkeldurr a meme.

And um it's 11:30, I've had a bad day, and I am a slow person, did you really expect me to get that reference? :( This is just a ploy to ensure you make it into the Hall of Fame. I should be working on that now, but I don't have a drive to do so. Working on training Denchura and Maggyo atm. Aghhh.

Alternative
January 22nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
I won't make another joke like that again. And why make Conkeldurr a meme? The name sucks so bad, it's almost as bad as my imitation of Eminem, where every word is replaced with "Herpa Derpa Derp". Also I wrote my first update. :D

Exile
January 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Could have sworn I posted here, and Conkeldurr deserves a meme as reimbursement for the sucky name.

jdthebud
January 23rd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Okay, the last 5 or 6 posts all went straight over my head.

Alternative
January 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
The last 5-6 posts was rambling on about nothing, so I'd expect nothing less from you. :)

Also I've been thinking of a challenge, a numbers challenge more specifically. More like a Pokedex challenge though. Simply put, you say you want to participate, and you'll be given a number range. Depending on the game you want to play will depend on your number range. Let's say you were to play Red/Blue for this challenge. You would be given a number range from 1 to 150, so say 43-97, and you were only allowed to use Pokemon within that Pokedex frame.

myrrhman
January 23rd, 2011, 02:54 PM
If I join, can my range be 119-122?

Exile
January 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
What if someone asks for their range to be something like 190-201 in Hoenn?

Perrie ✿
January 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
What if someone asks for their range to be something like 190-201 in Hoenn?

The rules would hopefully have limitations lmao.

I need to start a Nuzlocke/Friend name Pokemon run soon ;___;

Only they really confuse me; Karpy tried to explain but it went over my head u.u /sigh

Exile
January 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
The rules would hopefully have limitations lmao.

I need to start a Nuzlocke/Friend name Pokemon run soon ;___;

Only they really confuse me; Karpy tried to explain but it went over my head u.u /sigh

Heh, true. I realized Alternative said that the host would hand out dex ranges, so it doesn't matter, actually.

As for Nuzlockes, they really aren't that hard. Just catch the first pokemon you see in each AREA and release if something faints. Whatever is an area is usually up to the challenger's discretion, but remember that one cave is one single area, a pokemon can't be caught on each floor, so on and so forth.

chaos11011
January 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Sydian please tell me you named me after Diva

Ok so one of my Pokemon died today in Nuzlocke (Not telling who it is just in case I have so readers on this thread) and I'm asking anyone of they want to be my next catch.

Note: I am note responsible for Gender Benders, or Deaths so don't kill me if you die ;-;

Enigma
January 23rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Okay, the last 5 or 6 posts all went straight over my head.
This entire page has gone straight over my head.

Alternative
January 23rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Can I be your next catch? If you can, make me a Bellsprout or Poliwag. ^_^
As for my Nuzlocke challenge, who wants to be ny next catch? It'll probably be something between Rustboro and Dewford, so something like Nincada, Abra, Makuhita etc.

As for the Dex challenge, the host can give you specific ranges, which will be a small range, so like, no more than 30-40 as a range. Also it wouldn't involve legendaries at all; I wouldn't give ranges in those catergories. I'm also thinking of making it harder, so multiple ranges, so like you could get say 12-19 and 66-73 for example, and to make it even harder, you wouldn't be allowed to train or catch any Pokemon that isn't within your range. So if you were given a Kanto range of say 8-31, you wouldn't be allowed to choose Squirtle to obtain the Wartortle.

Enigma
January 23rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
As for my Nuzlocke challenge, who wants to be ny next catch?

Me. :3 I don't care what pokemon I turn out to be as long as it's female obviously

jdthebud
January 23rd, 2011, 07:19 PM
By the way Myrrh, as long as I have you here since you don't seem to look at your visitor page very much, what's your eta on updating the Solo Challenge list? You haven't updated it since the 2nd of Jan.

myrrhman
January 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I was planning on doing that this weekend, but it didn't happen. I ended up doing stuff with friends. I was thinking I can possibly get it done sometime in this upcoming week, but couldn't tell you a day because I don't know what homework I'll get. Unless I end up doing something with my friends again on Friday, it will get done by Friday (since I could do that homework some other time on the weekend). Sometime soon though.

Also, Alternitave, if by any chance you get to Dewford Cave, get through the first level without finding any Pokemon, and then find a Male Sableye, I call dibs. In fact, if the next Pokemon you see is a female, give it to Inferno, and if its male, give it to me.

chaos11011
January 24th, 2011, 04:07 AM
@Alt I can't guaranty a Bellsprout or Poliwag. I haven't caught anything from Violet yet, so I can get a Poliwag by Surfing, but I already have a water type. Also I think I'm done with all the places to catch Bellsprout. O.O

And let me be your Slateport catch, because I love Minun, Plusle, Gulpin and Electrike. If it's a female I don't mind. :PP

jdthebud
January 24th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Okay, this thread needs to be renamed again...

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 04:26 AM
@Chaos I thought you could catch Bellsprout in the Route just before Violet city. It's okay though, just make me anything you want me to be.

chaos11011
January 24th, 2011, 05:17 AM
@Alt I caught a Pokemon there already, and it will be underleveled because I just beat Morty.

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 05:33 AM
o_O I thought you were only up to Falkner. Wow you're fast. :P

vaporeon7
January 24th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I decided to do a Nuzlocke on Red. Any suggestions for who to start with? I'll nickname the Pokemon after you.

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Usually you catch a Pokemon on every Route with Nuzlocke, just in case some of them die and that you have back up for when they do pass on. :(
But anyway, catch a Mankey. n_n

vaporeon7
January 24th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Usually you catch a Pokemon on every Route with Nuzlocke, just in case some of them die and that you have back up for when they do pass on. :(
But anyway, catch a Mankey. n_n

I will try for a Mankey but who should my starter Pokemon be? Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle? If I get to catch a Mankey I'll nickname it Alternativ. (10 letter restriction). I did one before in HG.

chaos11011
January 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Bulbasaur, I forgot if there is Genders in R/B/Y if there is

Male = Chaos Female = Mariana

If there isn't just name it Chaos

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Now we're all doing lots of challenges. :D I posted my Pokedex challenge, and since rules say I have to compete in it, which I'm actually psyched to do so, I'll be participating in Yellow. ^_^

I'll also probably update my Nuzlocke tomorrow. n_n

chaos11011
January 24th, 2011, 06:15 AM
o_O I thought you were only up to Falkner. Wow you're fast. :P

Story wise, yes I'm up to Falkner.

Game Wise, I'm at Morty.

Though I'm stopping my Nuzlocke Game Wise for a while so I can catch up with the story. That way I won't forget who died were so I can stop making up deathes. *cough*SentretDyingToRival:ThoughImpossibleIngame*cough*

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I just write my updates when I finish a major thing within the game, such as Gym Leaders, Antagonist team etc. Although my updates will take a long time to write, considering the amount of detail I put into my last one. It's good fun and all, but just takes time, like an hour or so. o_O I do like writing big fat updates though, with giving detail to every character, and making Brendan a sexist pig.

chaos11011
January 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Your updates are really enternaining Alt.

I just noticed though on every challenge I do, if I choose a boy my name is "Chaos" and not "chaos." So I tryed finding the Name change thread so I can make my username Chaos11011 because it's more appealing, but I figure out PC doesn't do name changes anymore :(

Alli
January 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Speaking of updates, I'm going to update my progress with my Hall of Fame challenge in my blog. Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=9828) is my first update, even though I entered them in the Hall of Fame on Christmas. lol So kinda late, but yeah. You guys should totally keep up with it. ;) And when I get my second team through, I"ll be asking for new team suggestions. So keep alert for my blogs~! I find updates very interesting to read, even if I'm not doing the challenge. I used to do that a lot, waaaay back before this section was even made.

Enigma
January 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Okay, this thread needs to be renamed again...

'CI&D, where it's Nuzlockes or GTFO'

Fitting title is fitting.

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 07:03 PM
'CI&D, where it's Nuzlockes or GTFO'

Fitting title is fitting.
Seconded. :D
Also now I have a Nincada, who is "Fun Cool", a misture of Fun Ghoul of My Chemical Romance and 560cool, and a Whismur, who is Inferno. :)

Alli
January 24th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Wow I wonder who renamed the thread omg who would say such a thing

I have a level 58 Derpfish. Guys, don't consider raising one of these...seriously...it's just...I can't even describe. v_v It's what we challengers do, I guess. :( -puts Derpfish in InfernoRogue's face-

BTW. Anyone want a Pokemon named after them? Must be gen V and fully evolved. Here is a list of what's taken:
Hiiro - Muurando and Rankurusu (don't ask how he got two of them)
BinaryPeaches - Shanderaa
Forever - Denchura
Hiidoran - Reparudasu
Live_Wire466 - Tsunbear
Kaori - Victini
TwilightBlade - Volcarona (that's like the only English name I know lmao)
Patchisou Yotohru - Chillaccino
Yuoaman - Waruvial
Cilerba - Abagoura
Twilight Sky - Hiyakkie
Luck - Iwaparesu
Klippy - ummm the fire monkey idr its name
Marz - Sazandora (sorry Aura lol)
Karpman - Rubooshin (whatever Dokkora's final evo is idek)
Captain Fabio - Voltolos
mal'akh - Musharna

Also, I cannot rename my Erufuun because it's from an in-game trade and I will not be renaming Doredia, Daikenki, Victini, Shibirudon, Sazandora, or Kojondo. So yeah. ^-^ VM me what you wanna be so that this thread doesn't get cluttered in my spit I MEAN spam.

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Why not? I lurve Derpfish. <3
Did you teach it Thunderbolt? If you don't, when do it ASAP mmkay?

Alli
January 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
It has Thunderbolt. It's just hard to raise. But that's the fun in it. :) She's at level 59 now, so I'm almost done then I'll have two more for this team. AND THEN I CAN MOVE ON.

myrrhman
January 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I suddenly feel like the only person without Black or White.

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe try something a little harder Sydian, like a Nuzlocke with your Hall of Fame run. Try and do it so if a Pokemon faints during your run at the Elite Four, they can't be revived or something. ;)

Exile
January 24th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I raised a Weezing to like, level 65 in FRLG, looking back, I have no idea why I did it, I didn't even like Weezing.
Iirc, it was because I thought Weezing was strong because Koga's Weezing always ripped my team to shreds, which was actually due to the fact that it was Lv. 43.
Anyhow, my Weezing completely wrecked Agatha and Bruno, I was pleasantly suprised.
EDIT: Apparently there were like 80 posts after this one, but it was pertaining to the fact that syd is grinding Derpfish.

Enigma
January 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Seconded. :D
Also now I have a Nincada, who is "Fun Cool", a misture of Fun Ghoul of My Chemical Romance and 560cool, and a Whismur, who is Inferno. :)

8D I hope I can learn Hyper Voice.

Wow I wonder who renamed the thread omg who would say such a thing

I have a level 58 Derpfish. Guys, don't consider raising one of these...seriously...it's just...I can't even describe. v_v It's what we challengers do, I guess. :( -puts Derpfish in InfernoRogue's face-

*derpfish's contact causes an evolution*

Congradulations, your Derpfish evolved into Infernoderp!

Infernoderp wants to learn the move Troll Face. However, Infernoderp already knows four moves. Should a move be deleted and replaced with Troll Face?

vaporeon7
January 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Just beat Brock in my Nuzlocke on Red with Chaos the Ivysaur and Sydian the Nidorina.

Alli
January 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
OMG. How did you know I like Nidorina? XD I haven't obsessed over Rina in a loong time. :x And yes, Derpfish can learn Troll Face. My Derpfish's name is Fart.

Enigma
January 24th, 2011, 08:11 PM
OMG. How did you know I like Nidorina? XD I haven't obsessed over Rina in a loong time. :x And yes, Derpfish can learn Troll Face. My Derpfish's name is Fart.
Awesome nickname for derpfish you got there. also very smelly

Alternative
January 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I can't remember the last Pokemon I obsessed over, but I know right now I'm obsessing over Exeggutor. I don't know why either, I think it's the Psychic/Grass typing that's got me in love. <3

Alli
January 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I have probably obsessed over almost every Pokemon at some point or another. I was a strange child. And Fart is on level 63. Must. Persevere. Must. Get. To. 65. AUUUGH.

myrrhman
January 24th, 2011, 10:49 PM
The last Pokemon I've obsessed over is definitely Crobat. I was starting my Ultimate Trio Run and I was like meh, I'll try Golbat out. And I absolutely loved him (and mainly his evolution so he could fly...)

That brings my total obsessive Pokemon to . Starmie, Octillery, Milotic, Staraptor, Torterra, Nidoking, Sableye, and Crobat.

Enigma
January 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Wallace's Milotic and Tentacruel are making my life miserable. :C Shedinja can't stop them, thanks to Toxic.

EDIT: Shedinja is awesome with Facade, owns Wallace.

myrrhman
January 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM
That's RIGHT Milotic will own your team.

In other news, 2 challenges are almost done! I'm at the E4 in a RBY challenge, and Red in an HG challenge! Yay!

Alternative
January 25th, 2011, 08:04 AM
That's RIGHT Milotic will own your team.

In other news, 2 challenges are almost done! I'm at the E4 in a RBY challenge, and Red in an HG challenge! Yay!
Do that, then do my Dexter Challenge, 'cause it'll be funn. :D

chaos11011
January 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Just beat Brock in my Nuzlocke on Red with Chaos the Ivysaur and Sydian the Nidorina.
If I wasn't a Bulbasaur right now I would be so pissed that I wasn't the Nidorina. Just saying, cause Nidorina is on my Top Ten Favorite Pokemon (Number 2, If I recall correctly)

Syd, EVERYONE loves Nidorina. And maybe vaporeon saw your sig a long time ago? Or he stalked our VM conversations

Chaos11011 = Most addicted Nuzlocker or GTFO

Exile
January 25th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Well, Sapphire quite boring, I think I'll abandon my nuzlocke until we get a remake.
I'll start on LG however, I'm really hoping I can get some unique Pokemon this time around, not "Pidgeot, Primeape, Vileplue, Starter, and other Pokemon overused in nuzlockes".
I'm definetly going to try and use my eeveelution, whatever I so choose to evolve it into.

myrrhman
January 25th, 2011, 01:14 PM
If I wasn't a Bulbasaur right now I would be so pissed that I wasn't the Nidorina. Just saying, cause Nidorina is on my Top Ten Favorite Pokemon (Number 2, If I recall correctly)

Syd, EVERYONE loves Nidorina. And maybe vaporeon saw your sig a long time ago? Or he stalked our VM conversations

Chaos11011 = Most addicted Nuzlocker or GTFO
I don't like Nidorina... I like Nidorino. Well, Nidoking really, but Nidorino is a pretty cool guy too.

vaporeon7
January 25th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Oh it was just a guess but I hope you don't mind because Sydian evolved into Nidoqueen. I have defeated Misty and I caught a Pidgey who I nicknamed Alternativ and evolved. I also caught a Oddish who is called Diablerie.

Alternative
January 25th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I don't like Nidorina, or at least the Nidorina you get in the Battle Frontier in HG/SS. Why the hell does it need to run flatter? D:

Also: [CI&D] In every challenge somewhere, there is a Pokémon named Sydian :)

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I don't like Nidorina, or at least the Nidorina you get in the Battle Frontier in HG/SS. Why the hell does it need to run flatter? D:

Also: [CI&D] In every challenge somewhere, there is a Pokémon named Sydian :)

I don't like that Battle Factory Nidorina either. Anyway I just defeated Lt. Surge in my Nuzlocke. I also caught a Dugtrio and named it Inferno (InfernoRogue I hope you like them). I also caught a Mankey but I poisoned him to catch him and he died before I got to the Pokemon Center. Also that would be a good name for the thread. XD

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Yesterday, I finally got around it. It took me one year (finding the battery, getting the cartridge, taping stuff...) but now I made it.

I have just repaired a Crystal cartridge ! (: That means Gen I is the only one I still haven't played on cartridges.

So, yeah. What challenge should I do ? Don't say Nuzlocke, I already have that on SoulSilver.

On a sidenote... I forgot my DS (with my Platinum in) at my dad's. Means no Favorite till next week. >.< And I was actually starting to like that challenge, with Alterna' and Blues evolved...

also guys I was the first one to propose to name pokemon after you. hehehe

Oh, and do you remember that title... it was back in September : Maybe 560cool. will approve of this title..? [CI&D]

And if someone wants to name Pokemon after me (I doubt that, though) do it for Fire types. As most of you know, I simply love them. :p

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Do the Speed Challenge or Pokebro.

I'll prob. name you after something Seco, well after I catch Alt. because I've been slacking ;-;

New thread title needs to be: CI&D, when you can't go a day without Chaos mentioning Nuzlocke.

Because you know, it's true. Plus I havn't appeared in the CI&D title yet D:

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I have actually been thinking of an older project of mine. The Ultimate Cartridge Monotype.
So, the UMC is a challenge in itself. But you've got that Spacebar to do your work. How would an UMC w/o Spacebar sound to you ?

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Psychic types will destroy my Nuzlocke team. I really hope I get to catch a Slowpoke or Staryu in the Seafoam Islands.

The new thread title should be CI&D, where everyone wants to be vaporeon7's Nidorina.

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 04:29 AM
How about a CI&D title which refers to the challenge community, instead of 1 member or stuff being discussed in here ?
CI&D, where challenge addicts love changing titles !
edit : it's decided, I'm repairing/reviving the random... I hope I won't get suckish stuff, like last time. v_v'

Alternative
January 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I have no idea why I'm posting here, but I just want to. :/
@560cool. You know you're my Nincada. :D

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I LIKE BACONZ. AND CHALLENGE.
We need another challenge pun.
@ Alterna' : you're my Manectric. You know that, I suppose..?

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
We need a slogon how about we're still working on a better slogan

Slogan needs to be "We're still working on a better challenge" it's short and sweet.

CI&D, Challenge Ideas and Discussion That's the best title I made so far ;D

Alternative
January 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Idk, I've been thinking of something useful. I think we need something witty that lures members. So I propose this:
[CI&D] A challenge a day keeps the doctor away, unless you get carpal tunnel.

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 08:56 AM
"We're still working on a better challenge"
^This. Is. The. Genius. I love it !

[CI&D] A challenge a day keeps the doctor away, unless you get carpal tunnel.
Is that a PokeDude pun ? I'm quote confused.

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Wait who made the CHALLENGE pun O.O I totally forgot.

Also that doctor thing must be hard, I have never beat a challenge in one day.

560cool.
January 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Lol. You started the pun, chaos. One day after my birthday. :'D (15th Sept., 2010). Yeah, I time-traveled. (:

Wait what Rom Discussion. I thought I was in the Challenge Forums :O

We'll yeah for CHALLENGES I use Any Pokémon game but for rom's the only CHALLENGE I've ever completed Is Moemon Fire Red Omega.Brown just bored me D:

(Bolded to indicate it's not Off Topic)

Alli
January 26th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I hope this works. Also, two more Pokemon on this team and I can GOOOOOOO to the E4. :D Alt the Baibanira and Sydbb the Seed bby. Ice Cream is difficult to raise.

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Oh kewl, I made a trend. I still think my thread title and slogan idea is go ;-;

The Ice Cream is pretty hard to use, only Ice and Steel Attacks, not including Hidden Power D:

Alli
January 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah, it's crazy. It's not even a steel type. :( Mirror Coat is...meh for in-game. And Ice Beam and Flash Cannon only have 10 PP and I've no PP Max with me. Alt the Baibanira is female btw.

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
I didn't know they were female.

mondays suck
January 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Wait, these ice-cream-things have genders? o_O
If Voltorb and Magnemite don't have any, why do they?

Alli
January 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
It's a beautiful case of Nintendo logic. :( Also, Alt's on level 55. 10 more to go, then I have Seed bby...who is on 24. Gunna be a long ride.

chaos11011
January 26th, 2011, 02:23 PM
What's Nintendo Logic Fail is that they don't melt during Drought :/

On and Syd remember when you named me after Barujiina the Vulture. It's a Female only Pokemon while I'm a male.

ALL OF MY RAGE

Oh well, Cool Vulture is Cool.

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Just beat Erika in my Nuzlocke. I am currently traveling around with Chaos the Venasaur, Sydian the Nidoqueen, Alternativ the Pidgeot and Inferno the Dugtrio.

myrrhman
January 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I have actually been thinking of an older project of mine. The Ultimate Cartridge Monotype.
So, the UMC is a challenge in itself. But you've got that Spacebar to do your work. How would an UMC w/o Spacebar sound to you ?
I'm 99% sure this challenge is impossible. I won't even try it.
Psychic types will destroy my Nuzlocke team. I really hope I get to catch a Slowpoke or Staryu in the Seafoam Islands.

The new thread title should be CI&D, where everyone wants to be vaporeon7's Nidorina.
If its a Staryu, it better be named Myrrh. Or Stella/Stellus, because that's what mine is named. But more importantly, Myrrh.

Slogan needs to be "We're still working on a better challenge" it's short and sweet.

CI&D, Challenge Ideas and Discussion That's the best title I made so far ;D
That is genius slogan right there. And I always thought it stood for Come in and die (ya know, for the Nuzlocke.)

Alli
January 26th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Come In & Die when you see the ridiculousness that is in this thread. This is why people stay away, lol.

ALSO. I have one more Pokemon on this team, the only NFE Pokemon I'm using (Seed bby obviously) and omg I'm so happy it levels up quickly. ;o;

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2011, 07:18 PM
If its a Staryu, it better be named Myrrh. Or Stella/Stellus, because that's what mine is named. But more importantly, Myrrh.

You got it. But if I don't I nickname my Lapras that.

myrrhman
January 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM
You got it. But if I don't I nickname my Lapras that.
Right-o, old chap! Now you're getting it!

Exile
January 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
What's Nintendo Logic Fail is that they don't melt during Drought :/

On and Syd remember when you named me after Barujiina the Vulture. It's a Female only Pokemon while I'm a male.

ALL OF MY RAGE

Oh well, Cool Vulture is Cool.

That just gave me an idea for an ability exclusive to ice types.
Melt: If Sunny Day/Drought is being used, this Pokemon is now the water type.
Problem, Ninetales?

Random Banter aside, I prefer Wargle to Barujina, although I've warmed up to Barujina a bit.

Alternative
January 26th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I think that's a nice ability, but it would be a bit of a let down, since most Pokemon who use Sunny Day are Grass-type, to activate Chlorophyll and SolarBeam. :/

Also, why is Fun Cool (Nincada) so hard to train? I mean seriously, it needs the standard amount of experience for a level 15 Pokemon at level 10. D: I guess it will get easier. :)

Exile
January 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I think that's a nice ability, but it would be a bit of a let down, since most Pokemon who use Sunny Day are Grass-type, to activate Chlorophyll and SolarBeam. :/

Also, why is Fun Cool (Nincada) so hard to train? I mean seriously, it needs the standard amount of experience for a level 15 Pokemon at level 10. D: I guess it will get easier. :)

Well, things like DroughtTales, and trainers like Flint, that spam Sunny Day with their fire types sort of balance the ability out, so it isn't too broken.
Nincada is quite a task to train, I would say it's rewarding, as you get 2 pokemon for the price of one, but my Nincada died at Level 14.

vaporeon7
January 26th, 2011, 10:16 PM

Nincada is so hard to train because it only needs 600,000 exp to reach lv100 and Pokemon with that small amount of exp at lv100 need more than others at earlier levels but then after that they level up super quickly.

mondays suck
January 27th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Nincada is actually really easy to train once it gets Fury Swipes, Compoundeyes gives that move 100% acc which makes getting to level 20 really easy then. Yes, the need of exp is high, but when OHKOing everything it won't be that much of a problem. The first few levels as Ninjask are going to be a pain though, but in the mid-30s it'll get better.

Also, if I am deemed worthy, I want to be a Grass type. Or a Bug that gets a reasonable number of status moves. (totally not hopping on a bandwagon in the last minute here)

Enigma
January 27th, 2011, 08:17 AM
"CI&D, where the hardest challenge is naming the thread."

Yeah, I got the flu, and I'm starting to feel better. I hope to get back to business soon. :3

myrrhman
January 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Lol, I like that. The challenge part, and you getting better. Not the you having the flu part. That's not fun.

In other news, I can finally continue my Nuzlocke soon. My lappy is supposed to come back home at the end of this week. Until then, I should really finish up all the challenges that I'm doing on my desktop atm. But I also found an old screenshot of what I think is the first gym worth of my old Catch 'em All challenge. I sort of feel like doing that again. Yeah, I think I will... sigh.

Rules for my catch 'em all challenge (if anyone is interested):

1. Your challenge ends when you complete your Pokedex (caught, not seen) with every Pokemon obtainable. No events required.
2. You must give a different nickname to every Pokemon you catch, and it has to relate to its type (electric types are socket/jolt/zap/etc, water types are current/riptide/etc. you get the point)
3. No using the Missingno Glitch. You have to Ultra Ball Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres if you want to Masterball Mewtwo. Also you have to train legit. No rare Candy Spamming. This is because...
4. You must make a story for it. And the story wouldn't make sense if you said "so i was talking to this man who showed me how to catch yet another Weedle when I decided to fly to Cinnabar island for some reason. I started swimming back and forth and back and forth near the coast when this weird block thing appeared. I ran away from it and my backpack was really heavy. When I looked inside, I saw about 500 Rare Candies. I wonder how they got there..."
5. Its also sorta fun (I think) if you wait until you fight a trainer that has/could have a rare Pokemon before you catch it. Or at least don't catch them before. Like if you're at Cinnabar Island, don't catch Magmar before you fight Blaine. Then in your story, you could say something like, "Blaine seemed interested in my Pokedex and was amazed that I already had so many different kinds of Pokemon. He helped me out by saying 'Hey kid, there's a really rare Pokemon inside the Mansion where you found the Key. You should go search there. I'd also ask the other Gym Leaders, they might be able to help you out.'"

560cool.
January 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
This place is way too popular. I can't even read through all the comments. Shame on me. However, in the past, I wanted more pages to read in the CI&D. Yesh. ;_;

I'm actually going for the full 493 in HG. Only one more month till BW (and a whole new Pokemon rage at the school, led by yours truly... muahaha), and I am really impatient.

Anyways, I've got 415 in my HG atm. Currently working on evolving fossils and a Gabite. Mashing A in the League. Yeah. '_'

EDIT : Lol, myrrh, I didn't even read your post ! O:

chaos11011
January 27th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm the person other than my family who owns a DS, let alone getting B/W.

Well there's alot people in my grandmothers neighborhood who have DSi's and DSlites. Some heard of Black and White, though I never asked if they're getting it. ;-;

vaporeon7
January 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I jus beat Koga in my Nuzlocke. I'm now travelling around with Chaos the Venusaur, Sydian the Nidoqueen, Alternativ the Pidgeot, Inferno the Dugtrio and Myrrh the Starmie.

@Myrrhman imagine Socket the Zapdos. XD

chaos11011
January 27th, 2011, 04:50 PM
>Mfw you evolved me D:

Oh well, Venusaurs kick butt anyways. You have Veunusaur and Nidoqueen That reminds me off Pettyartist's Spuds and Barb

I caught Alt., he is now a Magnemite with a awesome spot on my team.If I actually wait a week (or mess around with the DS Clock) I can get Charge Beam and Flash Cannon from the Goldenrod Daily Lottery. Then I'll just trade it for Magnezone and he will be my best team member :O He's instant win against Pryce and can really help me against Clair (just put a Fire Resist berry on it to see which Dragonair is which and I win :PP)

myrrhman
January 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM
and Myrrh the Starmie.

@Myrrhman imagine Socket the Zapdos. XD
You are my favorite.

I usually already have named something socket before I get to Zapdos.

Exile
January 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not one for naming my Pokemon after fellow nuzlockers, they just don't seem as special to me, after that.
Also, PCH is back up, if anyone cares.

Alternative
January 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I just name my Pokemon of random things, like calling my Poochyena Noob for no reason, or calling my Zigzagoon DavidBowie from being in my New Naruto Abridged phase. :D

Also in my next update apart from Fun Cool I have a new companion. Brownie points if you can guess who it is and what Pokemon as well. ;)

vinni57
January 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Hey, I was thinking...

What if there was a challenge in which you have a mono-type team that you have to keep under or in a certain level range, and if your team faints (you white out) then you have to change to a different type? Or something along those lines. At least there's a point in the game where you have one mono-type team but you have to switch to another.

Alli
January 28th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Don't think I've seen anything like that.

btw, I have a new team to raise in White. Team #2 should have just been Shandera alone. She beat the Champion alone. Calm Mind set up and you're good to go!

Lopnis
January 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM
How about a challenge where you can't challenge the elite four and champion until you finish the the regional pokedex It could be called the Gotta Catch'em all Challenge it ends only after you have all regional pokemon registered in your pokedex and have beaten the Elite four and you can add an extra challenge by having to finish the National Dex if you wanted.

Alli
January 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I honestly don't think anyone would have the patience for a challenge like that...

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'll finish this SS Nuzlocke, then finish my Favorite, THEN begin a Nuzlocke on Plat. Last time, I failed awfully (I lost against Wake with a Lv. 35 Raicu and a Lv. 39 Crobat. Ice Faaang... D: ), but this time... it will be different.

I'm also naming what I catch on SS after you guys. So, who wants to be a Vaporeon.
Wait I think I guessed already... >;D

vaporeon7
January 28th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I'll finish this SS Nuzlocke, then finish my Favorite, THEN begin a Nuzlocke on Plat. Last time, I failed awfully (I lost against Wake with a Lv. 35 Raicu and a Lv. 39 Crobat. Ice Faaang... D: ), but this time... it will be different.

I'm also naming what I catch on SS after you guys. So, who wants to be a Vaporeon.
Wait I think I guessed already... >;D

Did that need to be asked. Me of course.

EDIT:
I've just defeated Sabrina. I'm still travelling around with Chaos the Venusaur, Sydian the Nidoqueen, Alternativ the Pidgeot, Inferno the Dugtrio and Myrrh the Starmie. Decade the Lapras fainted. Curse you Giovanni's Rhyhorn and your critical hit Horn Attack.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Did that need to be asked. Me of course.

You were the one I was talking about. Vappy 777 (for luck) sounds alright to you ?
Also, where can I find a Water Stone in SS ? I mean, which day at the Pokeathlon ?

jt4811
January 28th, 2011, 03:08 AM
How about an ultimate ultimate solo challenge wher you have to do a ultimate solo challenge first starting whith Bulba/Ivy/Venasuar and then once that is done yo move onto the next lot of evolutions in the pokedex if enough people say they would do it they i willstart the thread

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 03:20 AM
How about an ultimate ultimate solo challenge wher you have to do a ultimate solo challenge first starting whith Bulba/Ivy/Venasuar and then once that is done yo move onto the next lot of evolutions in the pokedex if enough people say they would do it they i willstart the thread

Pretty sure that if anyone would want to do that, it will go into the Solo/Ultimate Solo thread. Dunno, just a small variation, meaning it doesn't deserve a thread. :/

vaporeon7
January 28th, 2011, 03:41 AM
You were the one I was talking about. Vappy 777 (for luck) sounds alright to you ?
Also, where can I find a Water Stone in SS ? I mean, which day at the Pokeathlon ?

Yeah go with that and if memory serves it's Wednesday.

Alternative
January 28th, 2011, 03:48 AM
You can get Water Stones from that place? o_O
I've been busy grinding my new companion and stuff, so expect an update soon, and hopefully no one dies up against Brawly.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Myrrh, why is it that everytime you quote me it says that I'm someone O.O

About your SS 560cool. (Omg I didn't call you Seco :O) If you find a Hoppip, it's Mondays, NidoranF is Syd. (or Smeargle but good luck with that) Myrrh is NidoranM or Starmie. Oh don't forget about MagiKarpman

But I honestly don't know who I should be O.O, name me after any of the Pokemon from my Moemon Nuzlocke (from HoF) Those are Oddish, Koffing, Horsea, Zangoose, Doduo, and Baltoy

EDIT: So Alt, how do you like being my Magnemite :3

Alternative
January 28th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I can't believe you forgot all about me! >:o Make me anything, but preferably Ekans/Exeggcute/Slowpoke.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
No what I ment to say is "You are my Magnemite" cause it was the first Pokemon I encountered ;-; Hope you don't mind.

Oh and I edited my siggy (again) and now my B/W Team is named after some of you guys. :D

vaporeon7
January 28th, 2011, 04:12 AM
So I was versing Sabrina in my Nuzlocke right. I got up to her Alakazam. Everything was normal but Alakazam used Recover like 60 times even though it's capped at 16? Oh well Alternativ's Fly knocked it off.

Alternative
January 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Oh and I edited my siggy (again) and now my B/W Team is named after some of you guys. :D
At least you made me a Zuruzukin. :D I like Zuruzukin. I'll prolly have one on my B/W team, aside from Seedbby, Hihidaruma and Woobat.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 04:40 AM
So I was versing Sabrina in my Nuzlocke right. I got up to her Alakazam. Everything was normal but Alakazam used Recover like 60 times even though it's capped at 16? Oh well Alternativ's Fly knocked it off.
If I recall correctly, in GenI the NPC's have Unlimited PP. Good luck, if you ever want to PP Stall.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'M A DORY... DORY PWNs. Thanks chaos-san. And yes, I prefer Seco. :'D

I can't believe I'm reading about chewing gum on wikipedia. I have 1 week free (intersemestrial holiday, if you get that) and I have some sort of... course. It's something about finding a job and blah-blahs. From 10 to 18 every day, starting this Monday. So, one more weekend of SoulSilver and Minecraft. ;-)

EDIT : I am nearing 2,000 posts... what do you think my 2,000th post should be about ? I'm thinking about an epic SS update, for the lulz. ;D
EDIT 2 : can someone please assign me some Pokemon for my Random on Crystal. That thread is so dead, but I just want some Pokemon.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Here ya go Seco, hope you like it:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Seco.jpg

myrrhman
January 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I just name my Pokemon of random things, like calling my Poochyena Noob for no reason, or calling my Zigzagoon DavidBowie from being in my New Naruto Abridged phase. :D
I do that too. There's like a 25 name list that I have, and I name all my Pokemon something on the list every time. I can't help it...

I honestly don't think anyone would have the patience for a challenge like that...You underestimate me, good friend.

It's sort of like how there's no "ultimate ultimate monotype" and I'm like 2/3 done with beating all the types in Gen 1. If someone actually ever completed your challenge, unfortunately, all they would get is a nice little honorable mention in the OP.

Its because if I don't multiquote like this, I sometimes forget who said what. I am a pretty forgetful/lazy person.

Thanks for not including me. I don't know any of the B/W Pokemon, so I don't know what I'd want to be. Unless you have a Pokabu. That one is mine.

I can't believe I'm reading about chewing gum on wikipedia. I have 1 week free (intersemestrial holiday, if you get that) and I have some sort of... course. It's something about finding a job and blah-blahs. From 10 to 18 every day, starting this Monday. So, one more weekend of SoulSilver and Minecraft. ;-)
You craft? I'm working on a replica of Kanto on Minecraft. It's really tough since I can only work for like 10 minutes at a time before the sun goes down. I think I'm almost done with Cinnibar Island.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Quote originally posted by some random person:

Thanks for doing it again :/

And I didn't include you because there wasn't enough space. I'm going to be doing Syd's Hall of Fame thing aswell, to make it up to you, you will be in the first group of people I decided to ask.

Though, spots on my Nuzlocke naming spree is still open. Though Seco is infront of you, and no one died yet.

EDIT: Myrrh, you can also be a Temporary Pokemon until I get my full team, and even then I'll still use you when one of my Pokemon has a disadvantege. So just choose who you wanna be.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Here ya go Seco, hope you like it:

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/chaos11011/Seco.jpg

Chaooos ! I guess it's my fault for not mentioning I lack a Gameshark/Link Cable/Another game of the Metal Era. And the fact that I want 5 Pokemon.
So yeah, this is really rude, but would you mind regenerating ? Please ? For me ? (:

@ myrrh : Yep, I do craft. A lot, too. I've seen videos of a Minecraft Kanto on YouTube. Are you doing it on Classic or Beta.

Alli
January 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I got team #3 for my hall of fame challenge~!

1. Hiyakkie
2. Ononokus
3. Shinpora
4. Waruvial
5. Cobalon
6. Burungel

Not too shabby. Doesn't look like one Pokemon will dominate like the last team. -cough- Shandera. -cough-

You craft? I'm working on a replica of Kanto on Minecraft. It's really tough since I can only work for like 10 minutes at a time before the sun goes down. I think I'm almost done with Cinnibar Island.

That sounds awesome. :) I should give Larry that suggestion. He just recently started playing Minecraft, and he's been trying to think of things to work on. lol

You underestimate me, good friend.

Well, I knew that deep down, someone would have that much patience. lol

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Wait doesn't Crystal's odd egg give Tyrogue? If so scrap Scizor (link cable pokemon) and your good to go, you have to deal with Yanma's 1% though.

myrrhman
January 28th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Chaooos ! I guess it's my fault for not mentioning I lack a Gameshark/Link Cable/Another game of the Metal Era. And the fact that I want 5 Pokemon.
So yeah, this is really rude, but would you mind regenerating ? Please ? For me ? (:

@ myrrh : Yep, I do craft. A lot, too. I've seen videos of a Minecraft Kanto on YouTube. Are you doing it on Classic or Beta.
Beta. A friend and I sorta tried to do it on Creative a long time ago, but we gave up really fast (we started with Ind. Plateau, and got the outside of the building done, and then to Victory Road, which is where we gave up. I like doing it on Beta better, because there are a few more things you can craft with.

I think I saw the video that you saw. Was it the one where they were still working on Mt. Moon? See, I've got a map up, and I'm making it perfectly proportioned. So its going to be better.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I tried downloading it after you guys starting talking about it, and it doesn't wanna down load D: Like it doesn't open, woah is me.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Wait doesn't Crystal's odd egg give Tyrogue? If so scrap Scizor (link cable pokemon) and your good to go, you have to deal with Yanma's 1% though.

Um, yeah, it did. Sorry for the somewhat weird reply. :/
So, Girafarig, Yanma, Raticate, Hitmonchan and Ampharos. Take your pick ! Which one will you be ?

EDIT : @ myrrh : Yep. :'D Actually, my Beta is hacked (my mom doesn't trust me after I ripped 50 euros off her car with the App Store. I didn't even know !) and I can't do it in SMP. I really wish I could pay Notch for his awesome game, but I can't buy online. I really hope it goes retail this year.

@ chaos : for Beta, you have to pay. I suppose you're in the same situation as me, right ? >.<

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Yanma, because finding me will be insane. And Insane is simmilar to Chaos.

myrrhman
January 28th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Raticate, because we're bros. I'm also bros with Ampharos, but I sorta have a feeling other people would rather have Amph over Raticate.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Is Yanma in a swarm ? I kinda forgot, since it's been a while since I last played GSC.

Anyways, I need an Ampharos name before I begin. Since it's an early Pokemon, I might get to it before someone gives it a nickname, and I want to go into a late night spree with my Game Boy. Reach at least Azalea.

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
If I recall correctly, yes Yanma is swarm. Don't know who to talk to though to activate it though.

EDIT Just don't name Mareep and then when someone wants it, at Goldenrod you can re-name it

Luigi-San
January 28th, 2011, 11:33 AM
If I recall correctly, yes Yanma is swarm. Don't know who to talk to though to activate it though.

You talk to Bug Catcher Arnie on Route 35.

jt4811
January 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Can i be Hitmonchan cause the name jt kinda suits it

Exile
January 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I spend 1 extra hour at school making up a test, and I miss all this.
I saw the minecraft Kanto as well, it was amazing, I tried to find the server it was located on for a good amount of time.
I've also been listening to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw), and I find it absolutely amazing.
Also, did Syd and Derpfisk ever beat Shikimi?

mondays suck
January 28th, 2011, 01:35 PM
HJFHAFAFHKJGSHJGS, I hate random YT links so much. Why?
Well, because of this:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7118/feafwefewqfdeafdadasfae.jpg
And yes, that counts as challenge discussion for me, I find it quite a challenge not to punch a hole into my screen whenever this crap happens. And it's A LOT.
[/offtopic rage]

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 01:58 PM
HJFHAFAFHKJGSHJGS, I hate random YT links so much. Why?
Well, because of this:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7118/feafwefewqfdeafdadasfae.jpg
And yes, that counts as challenge discussion for me, I find it quite a challenge not to punch a hole into my screen whenever this crap happens. And it's A LOT.
[/offtopic rage]

You live in Germany, right ? Yeah, they really suck with YouTube restrictions there. A small thing hinting to the nazi, and that thing gets murdered. I think games get the same treatment, right ?

In Romania, I got 5-10 bans with something from Sony Entertainment. YouTube really sucks these days : VEVO Censors, suckish homepage, weird restrictions... :/

/rant

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I got Brazil Youtube, so that means my only annoyence is Football videos in the "Videos you might like" section, when I never even saw a single Football video on my account :/

So I guess I get the better of us, unfortunatly.

SO hows everyones challenges going on? I think I might do a Complete the Pokedex run on Platinum to wait for B/W. Yes, every pokemon I see I have to capture and raise equaly. How awesome at least I got VS Seeker That way I can make my life easier when I decided to fill up my Pokedex on B/W Then after that I still gotta complete HGSS then do a Pokedex Run on that, then transfer it to B/W, joy.

560cool.
January 28th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I'm doing a Catch Em All on HG. SS is a Nuzlocke. My Plat. has my Favorite. Crystal will have Random. I'm deep into challenges. It's been worse, but it's enough. : D

I'm also trying to clock 300 hours into HG. At 289 right now.

EDIT : and why is football censored in Brazil ? :\

chaos11011
January 28th, 2011, 02:14 PM
It's not censored, it's overused. I havn't watched a a Football video Ever and my "Recomended for You" section is filled with it.

Like I only watch videos about Pokemon and Paramore, and half of the sudggestions are about Football, like wtf!

myrrhman
January 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I think i'm over my 10 challenge at a time limit. Oh well.

I'm only actually doing like 5 of them (HG Mono Water, Plat Mono Normal, Silver Nuzzy, Plat Trio, and another one that escapes me right now but I'm sure I'm doing. Oh well.

Exile
January 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
It's not censored, it's overused. I havn't watched a a Football video Ever and my "Recomended for You" section is filled with it.

Like I only watch videos about Pokemon and Paramore, and half of the sudggestions are about Football, like wtf!

That made my day, I guess it's a general assumption that those in Brazil must be crazed football fans, considering the amount of cups they won, eh?
I live in the US, so I pretty much have access to anything on YT.
The only challenges in my queue are Nuzlockes of Sapphire and LG, the Sapphire one is on Hiatus, as I've already said.

vaporeon7
January 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I just defeated Blaine in my Nuzlocke. I'm still travelling around with the same Pokemon.

Alternative
January 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I should update my Nuzlocke now that I have my second badge. Brawly was a tough one, but I managed to get through with only one death. :( Be sure to check soon for my update.

560cool.
January 29th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Brawly ended several Nuzockes of mine. Why Bulk Up ? When you keep overusing that thing, then spamming crit. Karate Chops, you're a real hacker. I once had to grind to Lv. 20 after several losses until I beat him...

SIDENOTE : Good news, I have hacked my PSP 3000 to run ROMs. That means... more challenges on the go ! I think I'll be doing a Quartz Nuzlocke. Anyone ? :D

mondays suck
January 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Do it! IT's going to be hilarious, except maybe for the fact that gyms are overpowered in Qwartz.
As for my own last Nuzlocke, I have decided to finally give up on FR Omega. It's going to take HOURS to grind my new team up to a decent level, and they'd probably get slaughtered anyway.
Well, sure I might be wrong and might actually be able to win this, but... I'm pretty sure I won't. My old team was well-rounded and contained good Pokemon, and they still died like flies in that one battle. So why should these awful replacements from the box be able to do ANYTHING?
Well, I think I'll get started on something else instead. So many new challenges around, and I still haven't even tried a single one of them. It's about time.

jdthebud
January 29th, 2011, 02:45 AM
So, Girafarig, Yanma, Raticate, Hitmonchan and Ampharos. Take your pick ! Which one will you be ?

If it isn't taken, I want Girafarig. name it JD.

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2011, 02:49 AM

If it hasn't already been chosen I'd like to be Ampharos or if not that Yanma.

Alternative
January 29th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Brawly ended several Nuzockes of mine. Why Bulk Up ? When you keep overusing that thing, then spamming crit. Karate Chops, you're a real hacker. I once had to grind to Lv. 20 after several losses until I beat him...
Yeah, Brawly really is an ass hole to beat in a Nuzlocke run. Lucky I managed to get through using mainly Taillow. Machop is an easy 2hko after a Bulk Up, Meditite only uses Focus Punch, plus Taillow couldn't exactly beat him so he wasted Super Potions on him, and Makuhita spams Bulk Up and Vital Throw, which makes moves such as, well pretty much any stat-up move bad.

I lost Taillow in the end, but I'll find something else to replace it. :)

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Yeah, Brawly really is an ass hole to beat in a Nuzlocke run. Lucky I managed to get through using mainly Taillow. Machop is an easy 2hko after a Bulk Up, Meditite only uses Focus Punch, plus Taillow couldn't exactly beat him so he wasted Super Potions on him, and Makuhita spams Bulk Up and Vital Throw, which makes moves such as, well pretty much any stat-up move bad.

I lost Taillow in the end, but I'll find something else to replace it. :)

If only you had a Sableye from Granite Cave. As all the moves Brawly's Pokemon have are Fighting type moves.

Alternative
January 29th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I might catch a Sableye from Granite Cave actually for my PC. I'll keep it there for sometime later, as I haven't caught a Pokemon from there yet. ;D

My next update will be either from Dewford to Magma activities in Slateport or after defeating Wattson. Who knows who'll be dead after then. D:

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2011, 03:27 AM
You know Alt if you evolved your Nincada before Brawly, your Shedinja could have soloed him. You can do the same with Wattson once you get rid of his Voltorb and Magneton.

Alternative
January 29th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Yeah. It would also render his Makuhita useless, which would be real nice. Oh well. Too late for that now though, but I will definitely look into catching one to train. No weaknesses and awesome moves like Fake Out have me hooked. <3

mondays suck
January 29th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Brawly? I usually forget about him until I find myself unable to enter Norman's gym after beating Flannery...

560cool.
January 29th, 2011, 04:57 AM
I was thinking of a FR Omega challenge. Since you apparently have to be God to finish a Nuzlocke, I really don't know what to do. Oh, and Emerald 386. Those two games are pure slaughterhouses for Pokemon. >;D

Yanma - chaos;;
Raticate - myrrh'
Ampharos - vaporeon7
Hitmonchan - JT.
Girafarig - JD--

Sorry guys, most of you kinda missed it. Or just you don't like my Pokemon. Oh well.
Also, I'm a bit too lazy to continue on SS. I have a full 6, including a Magnemite. But I'm afraid to attempt Morty. What level do you think I should take him on at ?

EDIT : Said I hacked my PSP. Well, I downloaded Final Fantasy (just that, it's the 20 year anniversary remake :'D) and named you guys after my characters :

Warrior - Seco (yea me :p)
Thief - Alt (don't know what came to my mind)
White Mage aka good magic - Sydian (um... yeah)
Black Mage aka bad/attacking magic - Chaos (it's a chaoos ! :'D)

Opinions ?

EDIT 2: Actually, Ampharos is absent from Crystal... :'(
http://www.serebii.net/crystal/absents.shtml

EDIT 3: Lol edits...
Apparently, content from Sony Music Entertainment is blocked in Romania. Awesome. :\

chaos11011
January 29th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Meh then you get Donphan instead of Mareep.

Exile
January 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
EDIT 3: Lol edits...
Apparently, content from Sony Music Entertainment is blocked in Romania. Awesome. :\

Have fun listening to Romanian folk dancing.

------------------------------

Also, I really reccomend that you guys get the permission of someone before naming
a Pokemon after someone, and asking permission via VM if you want a Pokemon in their run named after you. I really dissaprove of this as it diverts attention from others runs and is only used as a means of bringing attention to your own run.

(Seco, this isn't directed at you, but I coudln't help replying to the part about Youtube blocking Sony Entertainment)

vaporeon7
January 29th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I beat giovanni and I'm now at the Pokemon League. I'm still travelling around with the same Pokemon. Except I took Diablerie out of daycare. I had a Slowbro (Advanced K) on my team but he died in Victory Road.

Alternative
January 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I haven't really been going flat out on my challenges yet. I mean I haven't even started my Dexter challenge yet and on my Nuzlocke I've only just defeated Brawly. :/

Enigma
January 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I don't like that Battle Factory Nidorina either. Anyway I just defeated Lt. Surge in my Nuzlocke. I also caught a Dugtrio and named it Inferno (InfernoRogue I hope you like them). I also caught a Mankey but I poisoned him to catch him and he died before I got to the Pokemon Center. Also that would be a good name for the thread. XD

Dugtrio. 8D I do like them.

Yeah, I've made a full recovery at this point. (Well, almost. Still a little bit congested) I'll be back to my normal activity level.

vaporeon7
January 30th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I finished my Nuzlocke.
HOORAY
The only deaths were Diablerie the Vileplume and Inferno the Dugtrio.
I'll begin a new challenge soon.

560cool.
January 30th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Have fun listening to Romanian folk dancing.Dammit, Karpman. I hate folklore. With my soul.
Oh, have fun : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxHhSy36Klo >;D
Edit : How am I supposed to listen to dancing ? lol

Diablerie the VileplumeYou named it after the troll uhh, I mean member ?

Edit : does any of you have a PSP. If yes, can you recommend me good games (apart from BBS) ? It seems like everything I download does not work on the 6.35 HEN firmware. :/

Once again, who wants to be a Donphan ? (hey that rhymes :-D)

Alternative
January 30th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Wait, I don't want to be a Donphan. D:
I've got to do pretty much al the events which I covered from Dewford - Rival Battle again since VBA was an ******* and shut down on me for no reason. Fun Cool was about to evolve, too. D:

chaos11011
January 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Dugtrio. 8D I do like them.

Yeah, I've made a full recovery at this point. (Well, almost. Still a little bit congested) I'll be back to my normal activity level.

I hope you like Shandera, because you are my Shandera :PP

Seco, I'll be Donphan if someone wants to be Yanma. Because I prefer Donphan to Yanma.

Enigma
January 30th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I finished my Nuzlocke.
HOORAY
The only deaths were Diablerie the Vileplume and Inferno the Dugtrio.
I'll begin a new challenge soon.

DDDD: I died?! ;_____;

I hope you like Shandera, because you are my Shandera :PP

I do. :P

560cool.
January 30th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Challenges (20 Viewing)
That number is insane. I used to smile when Challenges got like 10 visitors. 20 ? I think we're really popular ! =D

As for my challenges... I'm beginning my Quartz Nuzlocke. I won't name abominati- err, I mean, Baromo- Pokemon after you since... it will be pretty difficult to describe how they look like. And I suppose some of you never played Quartz.

Enigma
January 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
That number is insane. I used to smile when Challenges got like 10 visitors. 20 ? I think we're really popular ! =D

As for my challenges... I'm beginning my Quartz Nuzlocke. I won't name abominati- err, I mean, Baromo- Pokemon after you since... it will be pretty difficult to describe how they look like. And I suppose some of you never played Quartz.
I think I have at one point, and then the game ended itself when I got to 'Fortree'.

Alternative
January 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I've never played Quartz, although I have heard of it. I haven't heard about it;s insane difficulty though. :/

myrrhman
January 30th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Never heard of Quartz. I think I'll try it as soon as I finish up this Dragon Mono.

Enigma
January 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I think I might do a Nuzlocke as soon as I finish some of my current challenges...

vaporeon7
January 30th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking about doing that dexter has offered you a challenge challenge, what do yous think?

Alternative
January 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
I'm thinking about doing that dexter has offered you a challenge challenge, what do yous think?
I think you should do it, since I am a biased pig and have to advertise my own challenge, which one person has already finished. :D

DefiningTheDecade
January 30th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Its a good challenge unless they give you a horrible challenge range..

Anyways I got bored doing a soolo at a point and switched to a nuzlocke and excessive grinding tends to be agitating sometimes so I ended up creatin the idea of a solo Nuzlocke challenge and wanted to test an ultimate on it..

Would any of you here attempt a solo nuzlocke?

Alternative
January 30th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Nuzlocke Solo would be hard, considering you have to use the same Pokemon for each generation, and it can't die at all, or you lose.

vaporeon7
January 30th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Nuzlocke Solo would be hard, considering you have to use the same Pokemon for each generation, and it can't die at all, or you lose.

That would be impossible. And I thought my Nuzlocke was hard because I didn't use any healing items and only healed at the Pokemon Center.

DefiningTheDecade
January 30th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Which is exactly why id take the challenge.. me being an extremist and an extreme grinder but I wouldn't know if anyone else would take up a solo nuzlocke let alone an ultimate

Alternative
January 30th, 2011, 11:51 PM
It'd still be hard. You'd have to use a Pokemon from Kanto though, so you can use it for every Generation. If you do go ahead with it, use an Oddish or something.

And I thought something like Monotype Water Nuzlocke would be hard in Hoenn. :(

DefiningTheDecade
January 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Woe is me then.. I picked Charizard XD

Grinding is my best friend (besides him)

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 12:28 AM
It'd still be hard. You'd have to use a Pokemon from Kanto though, so you can use it for every Generation. If you do go ahead with it, use an Oddish or something.

And I thought something like Monotype Water Nuzlocke would be hard in Hoenn. :(
Or Zubat. He's in all the games. But good luck getting him past the Rock Gym that is the first gym in 3/4 of the games.

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 04:33 AM
I think something like an Exeggutor solo-speed run could go well or something. I'd do it in Sinnoh, but I really don't like that place and it's awfully terrible there. Sinnoh is something you don't want to go through several times. D:

As for my Nuzlocke, I just arrived in Mauville. Azumarill pretty much solo'd Brendan. :D

chaos11011
January 31st, 2011, 04:45 AM
Remember when I asked to be the Pokemon above Slateport (East of the Trick House) Yeah who did I end up to be ^_^

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 04:56 AM
I did catch a Pokemon there, but I wasn't even thinking about you at the time, unless you wouldn't mind being known as an Oddish called Bag O'Weed... xD

chaos11011
January 31st, 2011, 05:10 AM
You can always rename it right ;-;

I meanI loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Vileplume, and BellAWESOME was one of my survivers from my Moemon Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke. So I'd love to be it. That is if you rename Bag O'Weed

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 06:19 AM
Wow well that's a very pleasant name for oddish lol..

Can't stop what the trainer wants..

My nuzlocke solos just seem to avoid me now.. I can't find a single thing to hack in charmander for silver -___-

January 31st, 2011, 06:29 AM

...If you get a Tigat, name it after me...

What? Am I seriously the only one that likes the Quartz pokemon?
Some of 'em are sorta cool.

Ahem, I have been doing a lot of hack monotype CHALLENGES recently.

Quartz - Dark
Topaz - Fire
Ruby Destiny - Reign of Legends - Ghost
Flora Sky - Electric
Brown - Bug

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Like I've said, I've never seen a Quartz Pokemon, nor have I ever played the game. Hacks don't really interest me, especially if they're based off of Firered/Leafgreen. I don't know why, but those graphics really tick me off. I know graphics don't make a game, but it's just a weird quirk that I have.

Also I'm thinking of taking on another challenge later or soon, depending on when I start my Dexter Challenge, so recommendations? I'm thinking either Zodiac or word, but it would be hard, considering with all the new Orphicius or whatever crap.

jdthebud
January 31st, 2011, 07:50 AM
You know what else ticks me off? When OPs don;t update a challenge list for a month. I'm looking at you, mryyh, alakazam. Is once every two weeks too much to ask? I don't own any of these threads, so is this too much to ask? and yes, I'm really asking. I want to make sure that the peeve I have right now should in fact be a peeve.

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM
I don't even know the last time Nuzlocke was updated. There are a few more champions I would like to see listed there whom have all finished the quest. :D

chaos11011
January 31st, 2011, 09:12 AM
I think the last time Nuzlocke Updated was when I was the First "Hack" Nuzlocke Champ.

I don't know, I havn't seen the OP for a looooooooooooooooong time.

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 10:04 AM
I don't know when I can update it!!! I'm sorry! I have a big Physics test on Wednesday, so possibly Wednesday night, if I'm not too bummed over it.

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
You know what else ticks me off? When OPs don;t update a challenge list for a month. I'm looking at you, mryyh, alakazam. Is once every two weeks too much to ask? I don't own any of these threads, so is this too much to ask? and yes, I'm really asking. I want to make sure that the peeve I have right now should in fact be a peeve.

This is why I don't even make lists. And when I did, what pissed me off was members that nagged me about updating it. With that said, please don't do it. Those are some of the biggest threads in the section, and they don't need members breathing down their necks about updating a list. It's not like it really matters if you're on a list. You're doing the challenge and updating in the thread. I'd say that's proof enough that you're participating.

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to say something on that subject, since I know I hate getting nagged about lists and other things. You know, we all do have things to do outside of PC and challenges.

jdthebud
January 31st, 2011, 03:32 PM
This is why I don't even make lists. And when I did, what pissed me off was members that nagged me about updating it. With that said, please don't do it. Those are some of the biggest threads in the section, and they don't need members breathing down their necks about updating a list. It's not like it really matters if you're on a list. You're doing the challenge and updating in the thread. I'd say that's proof enough that you're participating.

Sorry, I just felt like I needed to say something on that subject, since I know I hate getting nagged about lists and other things. You know, we all do have things to do outside of PC and challenges.
Okay, thanks. It's really not that big a deal for me, now that I think about it, but I also hate other people posting that "I'm not on the list yet! What gives?" rather than using VMs or PMs. Anyway, I try not to nag too much. No more posts on this subject are needed, guys. The question is asked and answered.

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 03:36 PM
That in mind too, I hate when people fill up the first page with questions. :( Most of the time, I even explicitly say "if you have questions, please VM/PM me" but nooooo. If you don't read that, then chances are you didn't even read the rules. People get so crazy. I just like my challenge threads to stay as sign ups and updates for cleanliness and organization. ;o;

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM
So I'm starting my Dexter Has Offered You a Challenge challenge. I plan to use:
Crobat -
Azumarill -
Clefable/Wigglytuff -
Jumpluff -
Magneton -
Poliwrath -

Tell me who you want me to nickname after you.

mondays suck
January 31st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Wow well that's a very pleasant name for oddish lol..

Can't stop what the trainer wants..

My nuzlocke solos just seem to avoid me now.. I can't find a single thing to hack in charmander for silver -___-
If you're playing on a Rom, you could either google for Gameshark codes and eventually, after a ton of annoying ones about shiny level 100 legendaries that know as many variations of Hyper Beam as there are in the game (oh wait, this is Silver, so it will be different about that...but not better) eventually find the only thing that matters: The wild Pokemon modifier codes. Takes 5-10 minutes to figure out how they work, and, voila, you'll find a wild Charmander.
Or you could go to Swampert Tools (a site for hacking tools), and look for the GSC Starter Editor (should be called StartEdGSC.exe). Can't do anything wrong with this one.
If you're playing on a cartridge, I have no idea what to do though.

To add to the current discussion... Iirc when I was the OP of a challenge thread a year ago or so, I updated it very frequently, but in the end this only led to the list of participants being HUGE, because more often than not people start a challenge, and forget about it soon after. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm doing such things myself a lot, especially recently. So, by now I'm thinking there's no point in having a participants list in a challenge thread.

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 04:03 PM
Someone quick who wants to be a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath.

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Well, my Physics lab got cancelled today. So I'm home a good 3 hours early. Might as well make good use of this and update.

What I've done some of the time is just update to the past month with people that are doing the challenge, and update everyone that has beaten the challenge. Because I think that if you haven't posted in a month, you've probably forgotten about the challenge.

Edit: and I call Crobat.

jdthebud
January 31st, 2011, 04:08 PM
Someone quick who wants to be a Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath.
MEMEMEMEME! give him the name Danny (variation of my middle name).

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 04:14 PM
MEMEMEMEME! give him the name Danny (variation of my middle name).
You mean variation of my first name?

chaos11011
January 31st, 2011, 04:27 PM
Figuring my Story Run had Marril in it I chooise Azumarril.

Oh and I love the Darkrai theme Syd.

I was at the Nuzzy Server on PO today and with a bit of advice I'm now going to be doing a Shuckle Nuzlocke Solo on B/W. Though I'm allowed to hack in my Moveset: toxic, EQ, Encore, Power Trick

Opinions?

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 04:32 PM
Ok so far these Pokemon are taken.
Crobat -
Azumarill - Chaos
Poliwrath - jdthebud
Clefable/Wigglytuff/Sandslash -
Jumpluff -
Magneton - Decade

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hehe found another nuzlocke soloer.. heh..

Okae so I'm about to go get charmander hacked in and continue my ultimate nuzlocke blah blah challenge..

And then I'm going to finish my original nuzlocke..

Does anyone know how to remove this.. I fixed it and its really starting to bother me D; VV

_____Edit_____
Can I be Magneton Vaporeon? :D

Exile
January 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
The nuzlocke thread is now updated with nice CSS, courtesy of Alternative.
I've also started writing my LG story run.

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure on the CSS. To me it looks like you're using IE, and things are gonna get screwy with IE if you try to do anything with CSS.

Make me Crobat. :)

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM
So I started silver.. is it a bad thing that I chose totadile by accident and my rival ends up being a grass type and I'm soloing with charmander >.< ?

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 06:27 PM
If you don't like the type advantage, then yes, it's a very bad thing. :P
I'm abut to square off against Wattson in Nuzlocke, and without any form of a ground-type move. I should be able to get through this though. :)

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 06:42 PM
I called Crobat already last page...

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 06:42 PM
Eh.. well I spent about half my time on grinding on charmanders with charmader.. even on trainers.. that gameshark code was intense ;D

What surprised me was that my rivals pokemon was a charmader too that was a huge no no.. my rival should never touch a single one of my favorite pokemon (except prolly pideot and arcanine in fire red)

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 06:51 PM
Ok so far these Pokemon are taken.
Crobat - Myrrh
Azumarill - Chaos
Poliwrath - jdthebud
Clefable/Wigglytuff/Sandslash - Alternative
Jumpluff - Sydian (cause one Pokemon always has to be called it)
Magneton - Decade

Alternative you can be Jumpluff or Clefable/Wigglytuff/Sandslash take your pick.

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 06:58 PM
Okay I'll take the Clefable/Wigglytuff/Sandslash then. Remember, Alternoob for Male and Alterna for female. :P
I also defeated Wattson in the gym battle, thanks to the sexy Sydian, so you guys can expect another update pretty soon. :D

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 08:18 PM
Advancement has been produced..

Or in normal words.. Decade has beat team rocket again!

Idk I'm at goldenrod for the second time.. had to release Togepi for solo rules reasons so elm will never get the chance to see it.. caught corsola for strength reasons and named it 2xPlus for some odd reason..

Totadile learned surf when I realized I didn't name him..

Caught a farfetchd and called HIM Ms. Teen for fly purposes

Accidentally killed red gyarados which I was going to catch for surf strength whirlpool and waterfall (meh)

So HMs are still a problem..Hothead is lv 53.. pitifully at this point..

Can't help but wonder though.. Why is it that everytime someone plays a pokemon game and hacks in a pokemon.. they examine it carefully like it really matters as long as you got a pokemon with decent stats.. or the one you wanted at least..

Mind explaining anyone >.<

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 08:24 PM
So I've started my Dexter challenge on Crystal and I'm at Sprout Tower with Danny the Poliwag, Sydian the Hoppip and Myrrh the Zubat.

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 08:34 PM
... I've tried to update the solo thread twice now...

The first time, I was almost done, and I alt tabbed out or something, and clicked on the solo thread again and hit backspace by accident, which closed firefox.

The second time I don't even know what happened. I have Fireguestures, and apparently I drug it Down and Right, because it closed the tab.

On a related note, Fireguestures is so awesome if you have Firefox.

On another related note, I have 4 types left to monotype on Blue: Fighting, Flying, Bug, and Ice. Which one should I do next?

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Aww, as much as I LOVE Jumpluff, I think you should name it after mondays suck. It's his favorite. XD

Also, almost got two of my Pokemon for team #3 on White done. Jo the Jellicent (learning the names!) and Derk the Simipour (DOING GOOD HERE lol). :D So far, they're really good. I hate having two waters in this team, but Jo is more of a bulk than anything, so it'll work out fine I think.

Myrrh, go with Ice. :)

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Okay, Sydian when Goldenrod City comes I'll remane it.

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 08:51 PM
I say Ice myrrh ice is highly underrated from a lot of people

Beat the elite four with ease.. dragonbreath and flamethrower being the top moves..

I'm in vermillion and I just wasted 10 minutes searching for that stupid switch.. and when I look up the beam is gone.. I wanted to quit right there..

Alternative
January 31st, 2011, 09:05 PM
So I finished updating my third Nuzlocke chapter in the new thread. :o That makes the first update in the new thread. :D

DefiningTheDecade
January 31st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Wait if I'm doing this ultimate nuzlocke solo.. should I post in solos or the nuzlocke thread?

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 09:25 PM
That'd go in Nuzlocke I guess, since Nuzlocke has more strict rules.

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Post it in the Nuzlocke, and then when you finish, VM me that you finished it and I'll give you credit in the solo.

And all right, if you guys want to give me my Lapras, then go right ahead.

I'm cool with doing any of the types. Fighting seems to be not that hard from what I've seen in the UMC thread, Flying has so much type coverage, Bug gives me Parasect, and Ice gives me Lapras.

Also I find it funny that 3 of the last 4 types I have are E4 types in this game.

vaporeon7
January 31st, 2011, 10:04 PM
What do you people think of a challenge where you use a team consisting of the same Pokemon? Like 5 or 6 Vaporeon or 5 or 6 Cherrim. Room for a HM Slave of course. Would any of you do it?

Alli
January 31st, 2011, 10:10 PM
That's a monospecies. I wouldn't bother, and we've had a thread for it, but it died. So olol.

Then again, it'd be tons of fun with something like Smeargle. <3

Enigma
January 31st, 2011, 10:19 PM
What do you people think of a challenge where you use a team consisting of the same Pokemon? Like 5 or 6 Vaporeon or 5 or 6 Cherrim. Room for a HM Slave of course. Would any of you do it?
Probably, just for the heck of it. I'm not sure what I'd use, though.

myrrhman
January 31st, 2011, 11:37 PM
It'd be fun with someone like Starmie (in HGSS) or Furret or Gyarados or something. Pokemon that can learn a ton of different TMs.

jdthebud
January 31st, 2011, 11:47 PM
It'd be fun with someone like Starmie (in HGSS) or Furret or Gyarados or something. Pokemon that can learn a ton of different TMs.
Well, it depends on the game too. Gyarados would be suicide in Sinnoh as well as Hoenn, for example. How about Miltanks on GSC or HG/SS?!?!?!? I'm totally obsessing over her right now...