PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 03:44 AM
A team full of Ivysaurs sounds pretty sweet right about now :3

And you like Miltank to jdthebud?

Azumarril sucks in Crystal :/ No Huge Power for Sweeping and no Thick Fat for bulk. Oh well, you still get OP Surfs in that game.

vaporeon7
February 1st, 2011, 04:02 AM
So do you people think I should make a monospecies thread?

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM
I don't know if someone can tolerate a run with the same Pokemon, and more so in tedious regions. But if you want to do it then hey, fine by me. Ok guys quick I'm doing a regular Run in HGSS and you guys get NICKNAMES. 3 of them are named already but I can just go to goldenrod and rename them.

Typhlosion -
Staraptor -
Dragonite -
Scyther -
Lanturn -
Kangaskhan/Milktank -

vaporeon7
February 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
I want to be Lanturn please!

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 06:39 AM
Ok so Vaporeon7 is going to be my Lanturn, cool.

Bug Catching COntest is unfair, I get 3rd place with a Scyther. While 2nd and 1st place goes to Kakuna and Metapod. >.> I didn't know that Cacoons are Superior to a Giant Praying Mantis.

Alternative
February 1st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Yeah it's weird. I always thought the Bug Catching Contest was all about the Pokemon you catch, with Scyther/Pinsir always being the winner. I know there's a formula for the score total as well. It's something like uh... Pokemon + Park Balls used + Level + Remaining HP + idk if you're Sydian or not. It's weird though. I'm pretty sure there's a formula on Bulbapedia for it. :P

Also just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 06:57 AM
I got a (-Atk,+Spd) Nature for my Scyther, joy D:

Anything you want to be Alt?

Alternative
February 1st, 2011, 07:00 AM
Not specifically since none of those Pokemon I particularly like, but if you do end up catching an Exeggcute/Bellsprout/Oddish name it after me, especially if you catch an Exeggcute. <3

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 07:05 AM
I have an Oddish..........as a Cut Slave. Does that work? I might use it after Game :3

And if I don't find me a Kangaskan easy, I'll catch me a Exeggcute

Alternative
February 1st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Can't you only catch Kangaskhan in the Safari Zone or something? That would be a tough one to find, with it being so rare and all.
I want to do a solo Exeggcute/Oddish run now. It seems like it could be fun. :D

myrrhman
February 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
I. Am. The. Staraptor. That is all.

Sydian
February 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Typhlosion. :D

Also, I clicked on this and was like "um this isn't PGC wtf" and realized it got moved to the top of GPGD. @_@ Dunno why. I assume it just happened because of the description changed. But yeah. lol Also, about to move on to my next two Pokemon in team #3 to train. I'm thinking I'll go with Asy (Shinpora) and Emma (Kibago) next. :)

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 02:49 PM
So all we need for names is Kangaskhan, Dragonite and Scyther/Scizor

myrrhman
February 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
@ Syd: are you only doing two at a time?
@ chaos: you should name the Dragonite Ace, after karpman (I think, I can't keep up with all these name changes)

Also, as my 1,000th post approaches, I ask you. Should my 1,000th post be me saying "all right solo challenge, I've updated you" or should I just do that and make my 1,000th post "I just finished the very last monotype on Blue Version" since I'm only 3.5 away now, and I can keep editing my Ice post until I've beaten it. What do you think?

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Blue Monotype Update for sure.

I don't like the change, I liked it better when Challenges was in the top of GPGD

Exile
February 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM
I really don't like Dragonite all that much, I honestly thought the name sounded cool, which is why I used it.
If Scizor is still open, I'll take it, but I'd rather not have a Scyther bearing my name, if it isn't going to evolve.

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 03:33 PM
I think I'm only going to have Scizor after game, because you get Metal Coat from the S.S Anne and I don't feeling stealing from Magnemites.

Besides in Johto Half of HG Scyther > Scizor being STAB Techni Wing Attack Kills everything. Once I beat the Elite Four I'll have access to Swords Dance and X-Scissor then I'll evolve it.

Sydian
February 1st, 2011, 03:43 PM
Myrrh, when I train a new team, I just take a pair along with 4 other really strong Pokemon (pretty much the ones that already made Hall of Fame) and I go to the double grass in Great Hall (where Pokemon are about level 60-56) and give one of the weaker Pokemon an Exp. Share. Then I use the stronger Pokemon (the party leader holds a Lucky Egg) to battle until that weaker Pokemon gets to 50. Then that level 50 Pokemon takes the second slot so that if I do get in a double battle, it actually gets to do something so I can get an idea of how it will be in battle. Then when it hits 60, I give it the Lucky Egg and put it at the head of the party. At 65, I go to the second Pokemon in that pair. Rinse and repeat. When my new party is all at level 65, I take them all to the same place and get them to level 70.

-wipes sweat from forehead- ^-^;

DefiningTheDecade
February 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
Can I be the nitedragon I mean dragonite.. BD

Dragon pokemon seem to amaze me fore some reason.. probably cause Lance talks soooo great about themm.. idk I like them..

Finished silver though about to head to Ruby like the original Nuzlocker did.. Ka-pow. Boom. And I'm gone for the next 30 minutes..

IAlso just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

Idr if you had to pay or not but Sony vegas is really good I've had it for a good two years now..

Weavile05
February 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
I posted this on the Ultimate Monotype thread, but I figured i would get a quicker response if I posted it here.

Enigma
February 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
So all we need for names is Kangaskhan, Dragonite and Scyther/Scizor

I'll be Kangaskhan, if it's not nicknamed yet. (I half-read all of the posts, xD)

Also just a totally random question: What's an awesome video recording program for the computer? I want anything not named Hypercam or Fraps. :) I might actually record one of my challenges, or at least the dexter one.

Camstudio works well for that purpose. It's also free.

chaos11011
February 1st, 2011, 04:57 PM
If Karpman still wants to be my Scizor (and tolerate Scyther half the game) here's my Team

Typhlosion - Sydian
Staraptor - Myrrh
Dragonite - Decade
Scizor - Karpman
Lanturn - Vaporeon7
Kangaskhan - Inferno

Sounds good.

Exile
February 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM
@Chaos11011, I will be your Scyther/Scizor <3
@Alternative, Try procaster, that should work.

DefiningTheDecade
February 1st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Lol So good news bad news and horrificly ugly news..

Good.. found Ruby and hacked in Charmander

Bad.. For some reason I have to believe this game is hacked cause when I picked torchic may had a treecko..

Horrificly ugly.. My hacked in charmanders broke Trochics every limb and resulted in a fail Nuzlocke..

Bad again.. I picked Mudkip so I didn't have this soo easy and I could probably catch a charmander and not die this time.. Turns out the person who hacked it hated Treecko or something cause after I battled may caught another hothead.. I save it started a new one with no saving to be introduced and Treecko was picked this time and sadly enough.. May had Treecko..

Anyways back to mudkips part.. though I hate water I guess their useful for surfing..
Charmander is making quick progress being level 25 before entering petalburg (grinding speed is amazing at Hoenn)

Weavile05
February 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
I posted this on the Ultimate Monotype thread, but I figured i would get a quicker response if I posted it here.

Wow... Forgot to write the question... FAIL!!!!
Okay, I was wondering if it was OK to restart the Johto Leg of the UMC I was doing. It's just kinda... impossible right now...

Alternative
February 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM
I've never challenged UMC, but I don't see why you couldn't restart it unless the creator of the thread says you can't. How could it be impossible for you anyway? :/

vaporeon7
February 2nd, 2011, 01:45 AM
I've currently got to badges in my Dexter has offered you a challenge.

myrrhman
February 2nd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Why would you be unable to restart? As long as you beat the challenge, you get credit for beating the challenge.

560cool.
February 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS THREAD. It's pretty overwhelming.

Yeah, really sad. But CHALLENGE is still number one for us.
I'm also being inactive. Maybe until... Summer. ): Dunno, I have to get perfect A's in the second semester (term). I want to get back to the smart Seco.

mondays suck
February 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
...and then suddenly Challenges was only the second in its category...

What happened? D:

Or has it been that way for a while and I just didn't notice?

chaos11011
February 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
By changing the description in GPC, it was moved to the top. The Forum does that, so no we arn't declining :D

Alternative
February 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't exactly understand why it went down one, but it doesn't really matter, as long as there's still a challenges forum, right? :D

Which brings me to my next order of business, is that I've thought of a pseudo-challenge I could do which could be fun. I say pseudo since the idea would either string off or appear to be quite similar to the Zodiac challenge, but I would call it the godly challenge. It's quite simple really. You pick some gods, whether they be greek, egyptian etc. or let someone else pick them for you, and you go choose your Pokemon from there. For example choosing someone like Isis, the god of wealth and prosperity would translate into training Pokemon which need the full 1,640,000 experience mark. It would be different for every god, but I think it could work. :)

mondays suck
February 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
This kind of reminds me of the terribly executed idea to beat the games with the mons that most resemble Loki's children that I had a while ago. Iirc I divided it into three solos for some reason, and then only finished two.

Weavile05
February 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I've never challenged UMC, but I don't see why you couldn't restart it unless the creator of the thread says you can't. How could it be impossible for you anyway? :/

It's not techinically impossible, but I feel I would just be better off restarting.

Why would you be unable to restart? As long as you beat the challenge, you get credit for beating the challenge.

I was just making sure there wasn't an unspoken rule that said I couldn't restart just the Johto section of an Ultimate Monotype.

jdthebud
February 3rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
hey guys, i'd like some advice on my normal monotype on Ruby. I currently have Whismur, Linoone and Taillow. The other options I am looking at are Zangoose and Girafarig. I think I need Exploud for his Special Atack capabilities, and Swellow for flying capabilities, but I really only want 4 main team members. Linoone isn't very good for anything besides speed, and Zangoose has high Attack (along with Swords Dance) but is slow, although he is very easy to train. Girafarig has decent attack and special attack, as well as access to Earthquake (as does Exploud, but Flamethrower will be run with him). Im looking ahead to the Elite Four and Steven here. Probably should have done Emerald to avoid that, but Zangoose isn't in there, and I like a challenge.

Thoughts? Also, what about Slaking?

Alternative
February 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
If I were you I think I'd go with Girafarig. The good special attack will help you later in the game with Psychic and stuff, and with you mentioning Earthquake support it could go well with Steven. :/

Sydian
February 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
I strongly recommend Slaking, if you can tolerate that horrible ability. He'd be a good one to teach Earthquake to as well. Girafarig wouldn't be a great contender for E-Quake. But if you decide you can't go with that ability, then I suggest giving Earthquake to Exploud instead. Seriously, Girafarig with Earthquake...I don't remember seeing a Girafarig with high attack stats, but then again, I've only used one like...one time. So meh. :(

Also, the forum did shift when PGC's description was changed, so no biggie. Personally, I always found it weird that Challenges was on top of GPGD since PGC is the main discussion forum in here (Challenges being more...interactive than discussion). So I always did find it odd that it was above the others. But oh well.

Enigma
February 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
Eh, If anyone remembers those two challenges that I said I was going to start, I'll be doing so soon.

Alternative
February 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
We all start off with saying we're going to do challenges, and then never get around to them. Well at least I do anyway. Right now I'm trying to find a good rom for heartgold so I can start my dexter challenge. n_n

Enigma
February 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Speaking of HG/SS, I am PO'ed severely at my Soul Silver on my emulator. Whenever I save, I keep getting the 'ROM Image has crashed' message. FML.

jdthebud
February 4th, 2011, 02:12 AM
And in other HG/SS news, DeSmuMe emulator runs the Pokeathalon like a dream. No framerate issues!!! No$gba is still way better for the rest of the game, though.

Exile
February 4th, 2011, 06:05 AM
And in other HG/SS news, DeSmuMe emulator runs the Pokeathalon like a dream. No framerate issues!!! No$gba is still way better for the rest of the game, though.

True that. I'm not sure why everyone likes No$gba better, they don't know what they're missing. Anyhow, I agree with Seco, this thread is moving waaaay too fast, these days.

chaos11011
February 4th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Thread = Mach 7

I'm usually on this thread 24 hours a day because of vacation, but now I'm at school. Just came back, I missed a page of posts. LolWut?

I perfer DeSuME better, it has superspeed (just make frameskip 9 and remove the top 2 options) and No$GBA always crashes on me ;-;

mondays suck
February 4th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Funny how now that the thread has actually slowed down a bit recently we're complaining about it being too fast. But yeah, most of the time I can't keep up with it either, 2 new pages overnight is no fun.
By the way, I only use VBA :p
Screw DS emulation, it's just atrociously slow. As if grinding isn't already sometimes taking eternally at the 500-600% speed 3rd gen games run with (might be better for others, my laptop is quite slow because I was stingy and bought a cheap one when I bought it)

Alternative
February 4th, 2011, 06:45 AM
I've never used No$gba or DeSuMe, but yet again I've never played a DS rom on the computer. I would like to use No$gba since you can tke screenchots of the top screen only. :D

Perrie ✿
February 4th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Funny how now that the thread has actually slowed down a bit recently we're complaining about it being too fast. But yeah, most of the time I can't keep up with it either, 2 new pages overnight is no fun.
By the way, I only use VBA :p
Screw DS emulation, it's just atrociously slow. As if grinding isn't already sometimes taking eternally at the 500-600% speed 3rd gen games run with (might be better for others, my laptop is quite slow because I was stingy and bought a cheap one when I bought it)

Actually No$Gba is really fast, maybe faster than VBA. You just have to have the right setting :D

Now, I really need to start Alternatives Dex Challenge :D

myrrhman
February 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I just started emulating Diamond/Platinum on No$GBA. You can run it at 200%, but that's it. I find that running at 200% is about right. Everything goes faster, but you're still in control of your character.

Mondays, I think 500% is about the same for me on my desktop for 3rd Gen. I think that's probably about max.

jdthebud
February 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I've never used No$gba or DeSuMe, but yet again I've never played a DS rom on the computer. I would like to use No$gba since you can tke screenchots of the top screen only. :D
actually, the screenshot is of both screens, I just paste it into Paint and crop the bottom one out so that the image is 192 pixels high (lol).

I did try DeSmuMe for regular gameplay on HG/SS, but it was slower than 100%, and I like to have a smooth gameplay, you know?

As far as No$gba, 2x is the max speed. No$gba only crashes/freezes with HG/SS ROM for me, and the 3D rendering is very poor, leading to issues with the Pokeathalon, I think. The frame rate isn't the best when you're running at 200% on D/P/Pt (100% framerate is fine), but it works, and the battles are smooth, which is all that really matters to me :D.

Rayziken 2
February 4th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I have an idea...

Every Pokemon in your team must link types, for example...

Venusaur
Nidoking
Flygon
Latios
Victini
Charizard

They must also only be dual types.

Sydian
February 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Pretty sure we have a challenge like that up, or it's at least been discussed.

vaporeon7
February 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I just beat Whitney in my Dexter has offered you a challenge. I'm travelling with Danny the Poliwag, Mondaysuck the Skiploom, Myrrh the Zubat and Alterna the Cleffa.

Enigma
February 4th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I really want to finish my Favorite Challenge asap. I have an urge to play a 1st or 2nd gen game.

Exile
February 4th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Started another Nuzlocke on HG, I have no idea where it will go, however.
I've also decided to be a hypocrit and link to a section in my sig.

Alternative
February 4th, 2011, 09:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with linking something as shameless advertising in your sig. I have my pair in my sig, and a Pokedex entry.

In other news, I'm a volbeat bzzt *bugbuzz*

560cool.
February 5th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Haven't played Pokemon for ages... like 1 week, to be more exact.

Yeah. Just checked at the most trusted video game shop in Bucharest. They had HGSS right on 26th of March, and confirmed the fact that they are importing BW. Yeah. I'm a happy person.

5th March, Saturday, 3PM : Me and Pokemon Black... <3
...obsession. n_n'

DefiningTheDecade
February 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Wow I expected to miss like 5 pages by being inactice for about 3 days..

Wow I expected to beat Ruby in one day..

Wow I expected myself to stop saying wow..

Realize the fact I actually fainted typing this message because I got up too fast..

Beat ruby though and I am about to have a looong update.. ;D

Enigma
February 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
*sigh* Taking a break on my Favorites Challenge, since I technically have to start all over again. :/
I'll be doing 1st and 2nd gen. challenges, since those are much quicker and more convenient. Then I'll go back to that challenge. (or at least that's the plan)

Alternative
February 5th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm just taking a break from challenges altogether for a while now. I may resume soon, and I hope I do, but I just haven't had the motivation to keep playing one. I mean the last time I played was three days ago, and I played for a little bit and pretty much turned it off.

Perrie ✿
February 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one who's steamed through the Dexter challenge on Crystal? :|

I started today and all ready am on my 7th badge o_o

Enigma
February 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Am I the only one who's steamed through the Dexter challenge on Crystal? :|

I started today and all ready am on my 7th badge o_o

I can also get through challenges equally as fast in the first two generations. I didn't finish my current Crystal challenge last night only because it was like 1 in the morning, and I was tired.

In other off-topic news, I am going to love having a new signature/avatar soon<3

vaporeon7
February 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
When Pokemon B/W come out I plan to finish my Flying Monotype. I just want to know what Pokemon I should use.
These are the options for my team:
Unfezant* http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/36/Spr_5b_521_f.png
Swoobat http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/528.png
Sigilyph http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/561.png
Archeops http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/567.png
Swanna* http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/581.png
Mandibuzz http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/630.png
Emolga http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/587.png
(* = defiantly on my team)

jdthebud
February 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
When Pokemon B/W come out I plan to finish my Flying Monotype. I just want to know what Pokemon I should use.
These are the options for my team:
Unfezant* http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/36/Spr_5b_521_f.png
Swoobat http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/528.png
Sigilyph http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/561.png
Archeops http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/567.png
Swanna* http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/581.png
Mandibuzz http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/630.png
Emolga http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/587.png
(* = defiantly on my team)
Yeah, I have a flying monotype that I may do on White, since Togekiss is in White. Dunno about the others, though. The fossil one looks good...

and I did get Slaking on my normal monotype ruby part. Not gonna use Girafarig, though.

Enigma
February 5th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Not gonna use Girafarig, though.
That's a wise decision, I think. You are already doing a solo challenge with Girafarig, and I think it would be somewhat redundant to train a Girafarig in a different challenge as well. But that's just me.

Remnants
February 5th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Trying to start the favorite challenge, but surprisingly, not many people are posting in here I guess, so I don't have my types yet. Also, I'm going to postpone my ultimate mono-type challenge until I finish a nuzlocke, which I'll start after the favorite challenge.

jdthebud
February 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
That's a wise decision, I think. You are already doing a solo challenge with Girafarig, and I think it would be somewhat redundant to train a Girafarig in a different challenge as well. But that's just me.
Lol, that's not why, although that does make sense. I like to limit my team to four, five at the most on monotypes, since I almost always need an HM slave or two. I'm actually planning on using Girafarig in Platinum, though (Togekiss, Lopunny, Girafarig, Staraptor/Porygon-Z/Lickilicky).

Remnants
February 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
I think I may go ahead and just do the nuzlocke on emerald first, since I can't seem to get a reply for my types in the favorite challenge. I'll give it 15 minutes though, and hopefully someone will have posted by then.

Enigma
February 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Lol, that's not why, although that does make sense. I like to limit my team to four, five at the most on monotypes, since I almost always need an HM slave or two. I'm actually planning on using Girafarig in Platinum, though (Togekiss, Lopunny, Girafarig, Staraptor/Porygon-Z/Lickilicky).

I see. I agree with the need to want only four. In most challenges, I think that the less pokemon, the better. (More convenient to train and whatnot.)
My reason came from the fact that I get bored with training the same pokemon very easily if I start to use them too much. It's probably one of the reasons why I'm procrastinating. (referring to my ultimate challenges)

I think I may go ahead and just do the nuzlocke on emerald first, since I can't seem to get a reply for my types in the favorite challenge. I'll give it 15 minutes though, and hopefully someone will have posted by then.
Eh, sometimes, you just gotta be patient. xP

Remnants
February 5th, 2011, 11:16 PM
lol well, usually I don't have to wait this long on a popular forum, but maybe this section or just this site doesn't get as much traffic as the ones I'm used to.

Anyways, I'm reading the Nuzlocke comic, and it's funny. I like the idea, so I'll start it now. Maybe the next time I get on the site (much later today), there'll be a post.

jdthebud
February 6th, 2011, 12:26 AM
lol well, usually I don't have to wait this long on a popular forum, but maybe this section or just this site doesn't get as much traffic as the ones I'm used to.

We are actually going through a slower period...It was really active a couple weeks ago, for some reason...

By the way people, anyone know of good grinding areas/trainer rebattles for pre-Elite Four grinding? I want to get my Username team to L54-56 at least - they are at L51 right now.

Enigma
February 6th, 2011, 01:27 AM
We are actually going through a slower period...It was really active a couple weeks ago, for some reason...

By the way people, anyone know of good grinding areas/trainer rebattles for pre-Elite Four grinding? I want to get my Username team to L54-56 at least - they are at L51 right now.

In the case of the 4th gen, I'd suggest Victory Road wild pokemon, or the Fisherman you fight on the way to Sunyshore.

Remnants
February 6th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Inferno, you were right. I just needed to be patient. Now I got my awesome team for favorite challenge though, and once I tear through Nuzlocke (which I am owning at right now), I'll start it.

Also, I have to agree, victory road for grinding is the best idea that comes to mind if you want to face the elite 4.

560cool.
February 6th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Great. Now it's official. I'm sadly on a challenge break, until April-May. Since that may be when I'll be happy with my progress in BW. So yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on you guys, but right now I've got way too many things to do.

PS : That period might be shortened depending on my mood. :p For instance, that Quartz Nuzlocke. ;P

mondays suck
February 6th, 2011, 05:59 AM
>mon visage quand I haven't played BW for weeks maybe even months, I'm not quite sure about that), never did more than getting past the first gym, and am not at all motivated to continue while the hype is getting bigger and bigger as the release date is coming nearer.
Then again, I'm not even really motivated for my Ruby Lyrics challenge right now, I'm once again too busy being addicted to Civ IV.

Gulpin
February 6th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I just thought of a cool challenge, called the Evolutionary Item Challenge where you can only use Pokemon that evolve using a certain evolutionary item. You would go here (http://www.serebii.net/itemdex), click the scroll down for evolutionary items and choose one of the following: Dawn Stone [DPPt and up], Dusk Stone [DPPt and up], Fire Stone [any game], King's Rock [GSC and up], Leaf Stone [any game], Metal Coat [GSC and up], Moon Stone [any game], Shiny Stone [DPPt and up], Sun Stone [GSC and up], Thunderstone [any game], or Water Stone [any game], with the specified games to prevent this from being a solo run. You must pick two or more of the Pokemon on the pages, then play through a game with those Pokemon, evolving them as soon as possible or not at all or something, whichever seems the hardest. Just an idea if any finds it interesting.

Sydian
February 6th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Sounds more like stone evolutions only. How about the trade + item evolutions in there too?

Oh and...almost done training Asy (Shinpora). Then I have Cobalon and Waruvial. Then E4! I'm pretty excited about this team. There's no Derpfish to bring the team down into the gutter this time.

My post count is over 9000!

Exile
February 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds more like stone evolutions only. How about the trade + item evolutions in there too?

Oh and...almost done training Asy (Shinpora). Then I have Cobalon and Waruvial. Then E4! I'm pretty excited about this team. There's no Derpfish to bring the team down into the gutter this time.

Congrats! Good luck with your Hall of Fame challenge, especially without the huge asset known as "derpfish". As for me, I have 3 pending nuzlockes and an ultimate solo run, all of which I plan to finish.

Enigma
February 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm going to be the first person to finish the Personality challenge...no one else has even posted any progress. I'll probably have to put all of my progress in one post, since I can't double post. :/

Sooyun
February 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I'm going to be the first person to finish the Personality challenge...no one else has even posted any progress. I'll probably have to put all of my progress in one post, since I can't double post. :/

I'll start posting on mine when I finish the Sinnoh leg of my UMC (and make a few more copies of B/W). I'm grinding in Victory road atm. Plus, since I'm playing it on Black, I don't want to give spoilers.

Alternative
February 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I just haven't had the motivation to go through with my Nuzlocke run lately, so I've been lacking in challenges an what not.

Also I've probably mentioned this before, but an idea for a challenge. I'd call it the Capture challenge. pretty much the idea is there will be absolutely no evolving whatsoever. Whatever you catch is what you train. So if you catch a Caterpie, then you must train a Caterpie, and it must not evolve. That doesn't mean you can't train evolved Pokemon. For example if you catch a Spearow you'd have to train a Spearow and leave it as is, but if you wait until you catch a Fearow, then you can train said Fearow.

myrrhman
February 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I've been sort of not doing challenges, but that's because I found Brown Version, and have been playing that a lot. Speaking of Brown, does anyone know if you can obtain every Pokemon in Brown?

I'm going to finish this Ice mono tonight. Update will be on the last post I made there. I will then hurry up and finish all the other types that I haven't completed in R/G/B/Y (Fighting, Flying, and Bug). They will also be updated on that post. Once I've finished, I'll make a nice little post telling everyone that I have completed a Monotype challenge with every single type available in RBGY.

This means I won't be posting in a couple days.

jdthebud
February 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Myrrh, what's gonna be your 1000th post? - edit the previous one if you want...

Alternative
February 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Is brown even a real version, or just a hack or what? I never thought brown was a real Pokemon game, although I think Nintendo and Gamefreak once said they put a copyright on lots of names and colours for future Pokemon games. :/

Sooyun
February 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Is brown even a real version, or just a hack or what? I never thought brown was a real Pokemon game, although I think Nintendo and Gamefreak once said they put a copyright on lots of names and colours for future Pokemon games. :/

Brown is a hack. The only official main story games are R/G/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, FR/LG, HG/SS, DPPt, and B/W. Any other colors or names are hacks.

Alternative
February 6th, 2011, 08:08 PM
You didn't have to colour them all in. Now my retinas are bunring. D:

jdthebud
February 6th, 2011, 10:57 PM
You didn't have to colour them all in. Now my retinas are bunring. D:I have a dark background, so I am fine! lol. I have my forum style on "Darkness Prevails Once More..." for this very reason.

Sydian
February 6th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I've heard Brown makes on hell of a Nuzlocke challenge.

Enigma
February 6th, 2011, 11:10 PM
You didn't have to colour them all in. Now my retinas are bunring. D:
I've got Infernal Smash (fixed width) as my skin. My eyes are also burning. D:
I'm having a hard time deciding which challenge to do next...I've got like four left on my to-do-list, then I will start participating in other challenges.

jdthebud
February 6th, 2011, 11:32 PM
By the way, I just finished my Ultimate Username challenge. Yay for me, another ultimate one down, to go with flying monotype, trio-species, and a solo with Arcanine, although I probably will end up adding B/W to these eventually.

Alternative
February 6th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Why use disgusting complicated banners? Just stick with something small like Pokelink Blue 4 or heck, even Route 167.

vaporeon7
February 7th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I may also start a ultimate solo challenge. With guess who:
Do you know what it is?Have you figured it out yet?No? Really?Okay so you've got it now it's Wigglytuff... no jks it's...http://www.arkeis.com/images/animations/134.gif

jdthebud
February 7th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Why use disgusting complicated banners? Just stick with something small like Pokelink Blue 4 or heck, even Route 167.
Are you talking to me?

edit: lol Sydian. So...I am done with Johto half of Dexter's challenge - Victreebel sucks in this game...

Sydian
February 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Let's not post De Niro "you talkin to me?" please. At least have something to do with challenges when you post.

DefiningTheDecade
February 7th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Yet again I miss a many posts..

Is anyone else procrasinating like I am?

I'm not really into the DS pokemon games on emulators.. it makes me feel weird and I have to beat platinum to finish my ultimate nuzlocke solo until B/W comes out in english since I'm not so good a ptching things -__-

On the plus side I've decided I'm going to make an animated comic of my nuzlockes.. if I can get adobe flash onto my computer..

Oh and I got a new challenge idea!! :D

Its called the monkey see monkey do challenge

The challenge is based mainly on the people around you..

And their behaviors..

If you have someone around you that seems lazy, fat(not to be rude), or eats a bunch.. they can be snorlax so your first pokemon would be snorlax

Or if you see someone who is like a baby or a little kid that's cute or something you can have like togepi, wynaut or Teddiursa for that matter ;)

Idk came from the back of my mind and I actually tried it(kinda failed at it cause my game pretty much spit at me that I can't have teddiursa in pallet..)

Would any of you consider that or is that weird.. just an idea

chaos11011
February 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I miss 2 pages... D:

My Shuckle Nuzlocke Solo is fine, I havn't fought the first gym yet, or even want to because I'm caught up in HG <3

Oh Vaporeon7, your not a Lanturn, your a Corsola. Inferno is also a Electrode 'cause I need a Electric Type. I wish I named it Rick, so when I use Rollout I can say RICK ROLLED. :PP

School Sucks...

vaporeon7
February 8th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Oh Vaporeon7, your not a Lanturn, your a Corsola.

Yay! :) I love Corsola as shown in my signature.

EDIT: Why won't Alterna and Myrrh evolve? They must hate me. :(

560cool.
February 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Once again, no real Pokemon Gaming. I'm really more action and stuff like that games right mow. No. I must love Pokemon. o:

I'm sorry guys. I'm trying to get back into Challenges, but my Pokemon passion is kinda dying... just one more month till BW. I can't wait. :D

Gulpin
February 9th, 2011, 06:22 PM

I didn't include every evolution item to prevent it being just another solo challenge.

Enigma
February 9th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I'll probably continue my current challenge this week. I'll have plenty of time during the weekend, so I can make up for lost time. :D
I also think in the near future, I will go for something typically not thought of...a Colosseum/XD Nuzlocke. I would be spending so much time at Mt.Battle to train.

Sydian
February 9th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I never did get around to posting that No Purification challenge for Colosseum/XD. If anyone wants to do that though, feel free to PM me and I can tell you the rules I had in mind.

Also I was coming here to say I was sorry I haven't been posting in this thread lately, but um looks like it hasn't budged much, haha. I haven't had any interest or motivation to do any challenges atm. :(

Enigma
February 9th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Seems like a lot of challengers haven't felt inspired/motivated lately. Maybe a Valentine's Day themed challenge, that must be finished before Feb. 14th itself, would inspire some? IDK what that would be though. I'll probably be thinking about it at school tomorrow when I should be doing something else, haha.

vaporeon7
February 9th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I never did get around to posting that No Purification challenge for Colosseum/XD.

Wow not being able to grow any levels, now that's a challenge!

560cool.
February 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I've heard Brown makes on hell of a Nuzlocke challenge.

Pretty late reply, but yes. Ask mondays if you want to know the pain this Nuzlocke was for him. I kinda gave up halfway, after a 2nd Team Wipeout.

QUARTZ. NUZLOCKE. Will be updating later. :'D

Enigma
February 10th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I really must get around to doing some challenges...I've been sitting here for quite a while. xP That's it, I'm going to go get my DS and do this. and I will probably end up procrastinating again

vaporeon7
February 11th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Finally beat Chuck. Also Alterna the Cleffa and Myrrh love me. They evolved. So many haircuts, vitamins and walking.

myrrhman
February 11th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm BAAAAAAAAACK!!!!

I successfully completed a monotype with every type in the Gen I games! I think I'm going to do that for GSC, and then play through RSE and DPPt type by type til I'm an UMC Master Champion!

mondays suck
February 11th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Pretty late reply, but yes. Ask mondays if you want to know the pain this Nuzlocke was for him. I kinda gave up halfway, after a 2nd Team Wipeout.

QUARTZ. NUZLOCKE. Will be updating later. :'D
Apart from 2 battles I wasn't supposed to fight until WAY later (in one I lost half of my current team, the other one was a full party wipe), Brown wasn't too hard. Maybe because I stopped taking risks then. Actually it's the only hack I've beat so far, I keep getting raped ever since.

myrrhman
February 11th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm just doing a normal Brown run, and I think I found a gym trainer that had like a lv. 65 Raichu? I'm pretty sure that was like the fourth gym too... Was that one of the trainers you were talking about?

mondays suck
February 11th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Weird, if I remember correctly the fourth or third gym did have the Electric type...but I'm pretty sure they were at a normal level, 30 maybe.
What I was talking about were Cycling Road and some seemingly random cave earlier in the water north of the hometown that turned out to be the final dungeon except for being available way.

Sydian
February 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Wow not being able to grow any levels, now that's a challenge!

I was going to allow keeping your partner Pokemon. XD Only one for Colosseum though, otherwise it'd just become a Umbre/Espe duo run. :(

560cool.
February 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well, I got a full wipe from the Cycling Road (I was really impatient to get to Johto) then a second total wipe from some Gym Leader, I think... I recall it being the Fighting Gym.

Yeah, but I really sucked at life challenges back then... Okay, maybe both... (:

myrrhman
February 11th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Weird, if I remember correctly the fourth or third gym did have the Electric type...but I'm pretty sure they were at a normal level, 30 maybe.
What I was talking about were Cycling Road and some seemingly random cave earlier in the water north of the hometown that turned out to be the final dungeon except for being available way.
Yeah, the leader's name was Sparky. He had someone, someone, and Jolteon as his "main" Pokemon. But one of the three trainers you fight in the gym had a Raichu at level 66 or something ridiculous. It only knew Electric attacks and like Growl, so luckily, my level 20 Geodude took it out with Struggle like 2 hits before I would have killed myself with Struggle.

mondays suck
February 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.

myrrhman
February 11th, 2011, 02:07 PM
That's odd, I'm pretty sure I didn't have any ground types at that part of the game, so my best bet would have been a high-20s Ivysaur. I think I would have remembered that battle...
Probably you're just playing another version of Brown; either an older one where this thing is not patched or a newer one influenced by the fact that trolling is so popular nowadays.
Didn't know that it changed. I just researched a bit (youtube video since that was all I could find) and the gym was completely redesigned and there was not the Raichu I fought. Guess I have an old version of Brown.

vaporeon7
February 11th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I beat Jasmine in my Dexter challenge. I'm travelling around with Danny the Poliwrath, Mondaysuck the Jumpluff, Myrrh the Crobat, Alterna the Clefairy, Decade the Magneton and Chaos the Azumarill (Defence Curl + Rollout is so useful).

Also Hooray For 500 Posts!
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs19/150/f/2007/237/6/1/Vulpix_and_balloon_2_by_Wingfox.jpg

Jak
February 11th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Good news! I have two more Pokemon to get to level 70 and then I'm off to beat the Pokemon League for the third time! (: If you don't know whose alt I am, I will throw fig newton bars at you.

Enigma
February 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I will throw fig newton bars at you.
I don't know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. D:

Anyway, finally getting back to my Favorite challenge after that little save incident that happened, and I will also get to the Johto portion of my Ultimate Solo Challenge with Dewgong.

Jak
February 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.

Zorua
February 11th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't have enough patience and motivation to pull off a challenge, especially the monotype ones. D:

Jak
February 11th, 2011, 09:23 PM
SINCE WHEN DO YOU CARE ABOUT CHALLENGES Monotypes are, in my opinion, one of the easiest. I used to do them all the time as a kid, and I recorded them in notebooks and such. I did so many that I can't even really remember which types I used. v_v Ugh.

Enigma
February 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I've neglected my favorite challenge again. v_v I've barely had any motivation for anything, not just challenges. Hell, I don't even know why I'm playing White right now.

Speaking of that challenge, I was thinking, that after Black/White have been out for a few months, of locking the favorite challenge and making it a BW exclusive challenge. atm, it's for the most recent games as to provide as many possibilities for teams, and since peoples' favorites are going to change/have changed with the new generation, then I reckon it's about time for a new thread. Or at least I'll edit it. Something like that. Yay for powarz.

I agree with that decision about making it BW exclusive. I was actuallly going to do another separate Favorite Challenge using White, as well as another 'The Ones That Got Away' challenge for either Black or White.

But then again, that's only after I force myself to finish my current challenges.

Zorua
February 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I'm generally not used to being limited to a few options, but that's the purpose of a challenge, right? XD; Idk, I've been stalking this forum for a while now, and seeing lots of different challenges that would require a lot of motivation and guts to pull off. I've especially saw one challenge(I forgot the name of it though) that you have to have a copy of RBY, beat those games, G/S/C, beat those games, R/S/E, beat those games, D/P/P, beat those games and HG/SS and beat those games also.

Yeah, starting all over and beating each generation until the end. That sounds pretty hard to me, idk. XD

And I find some challenges to be pretty interesting. :( so of course I care, most of the time.

Jak
February 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'll edit the Favorite Challenge to be BW exclusive around May maybe? I mean, I want to give people time to finish on HGSS/DPPT and actually acquire Black/White.

And Derk, yeah, restrictions are the point! But if you don't want type restrictions, there are other challenges out there. Random challenge, favorite challenge, etc. might not be too constraining. And no, I could never do an ultimate anything challenge (that's what the RBY - GSC - and on challenges are). Don't wanna start over all my games + I'd get bored. Random challenges are more my thing these days, which is why I have members assign my teams for my Hall of Fame challenge in White.

Zorua
February 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, my only fear is starting over on my games these days. If it's just random pokemon teams, I don't necessarily have an issue with that. xD;

Enigma
February 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a good time frame. I'll have Black and White both by/on my birthday, which is May 16th. I'll probably get White myself and then request to have Black for my birthday. :D I'd be more than happy to do a favorites challenge with 5th gen, since I have added many to my top 6 favorites.

Sooyun
February 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I'm halfway (well 45% ish if you count the post game. You guys do know that there are already roms patched with 98%-100% English right? Perhaps you can start a new thread/alter the original early?) through White on my Lyrics Challenge and there are so many Pokemon I want to try. Too bad I can only carry 6 and already have all of my team. T_T. So 25% is on the White rom, 25% will be used on the Black rom, and the other 50% are Pokemon I'm catching but keeping boxed. If I do the Favorites, I might have to play the games multiple times.

jdthebud
February 11th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I'm halfway (well 45% ish if you count the post game. You guys do know that there are already roms patched with 98%-100% English right?
I'm aware of them, but I prefer to see the official names and stuff. And the dialogue can be funny the way that Nintendo does in English. Just look at what they did for Team Magma in their Hideout in Emerald. Those were funny lines, man. And Platinum (TG) is decent too.

560cool.
February 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I got a party wipeout in Quartz. I think I'm starting over.
Stupid Steel/Bug or something in the 1st Gym. .-. lol. I just came unprepared...
See you next time, Baro ! XD;

myrrhman
February 12th, 2011, 01:14 PM
One thing I like about challenges (especially on RBY) is that the 'fun' in the game for me is to complete the challenge. If I'm just playing Pokemon normally, the fun is to train my Pokemon, grow with them, and catch as many as I can. Since I don't have to worry about that, it means I can run at 5000% speed most of the time. So I don't have time to get bored of the challenge, because I've already beaten it by the time I start getting bored. I mean, take my history of challenges. I've now done all 15 monotypes in RBY, about 1/4 now in GSC (I just beat Normal before I started posting today), a few in RSE, and 2 in DPPt. I've beaten like 7 solos in RBY, and none in any of the other gens. Also for all of my ultimate challenges, I've almost always finished the first gen, but not the others. Its because the others are longer, and that's about how long it takes me to get bored.

In other news, on to Grass on GSC (I think)

vaporeon7
February 12th, 2011, 03:06 PM
One thing I like about challenges (especially on RBY) is that the 'fun' in the game for me is to complete the challenge. If I'm just playing Pokemon normally, the fun is to train my Pokemon, grow with them, and catch as many as I can. Since I don't have to worry about that, it means I can run at 5000% speed most of the time. So I don't have time to get bored of the challenge, because I've already beaten it by the time I start getting bored. I mean, take my history of challenges. I've now done all 15 monotypes in RBY, about 1/4 now in GSC (I just beat Normal before I started posting today), a few in RSE, and 2 in DPPt. I've beaten like 7 solos in RBY, and none in any of the other gens. Also for all of my ultimate challenges, I've almost always finished the first gen, but not the others. Its because the others are longer, and that's about how long it takes me to get bored.

In other news, on to Grass on GSC (I think)

I agree with you so much. I can finish Pokemon Red in no time at all with super speed on. It's just something about D/P/Pt that makes them drag on and on. And R/B/Y is even easier because you know what to do off by heart and you could finish the game in only a few hours.

Sooyun
February 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I agree with you so much. I can finish Pokemon Red in no time at all with super speed on. It's just something about D/P/Pt that makes them drag on and on. And R/B/Y is even easier because you know what to do off by heart and you could finish the game in only a few hours.

I just did my fire mono on Pt and yes, it feels like an eternity. Even though I played 24:09 all together, it feels even longer because it takes the linearity from the first three generations (at least in RSE it didn't annoy me) and takes it to the next level x2. Like, there's a million and one things you have to do just to get all the HMs. You can never just go to a gym and battle the leader, there are a million other hoops of fire to jump through (though they do this even more in Black cause there are more NPC's, but at least it feels like Plasma/N is worth my time compared to beating up Galaxia/Galaxis/whatever.).

Enigma
February 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Argh, just had a big fail. Forgot to delete my current SS save file before beginning my challenge. xD Good thing I didn't get that far.

myrrhman
February 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Argh, just had a big fail. Forgot to delete my current SS save file before beginning my challenge. xD Good thing I didn't get that far.
Worst feature of Pokemon games right there. It's screwed up two of my challenges.

Enigma
February 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Worst feature of Pokemon games right there. It's screwed up two of my challenges.
I could have swore that they changed it in HG/SS, but I guess not. It's kind of lame, Pokemon players are so used to just saving in-game to overwrite the save, without having to delete it. Then they change it so that you have to delete it. :/ I'll probably never get used to that.

560cool.
February 13th, 2011, 12:33 AM
I had that issue when I started a new game on my SoulSilver. Completely forgot about that, and played until Violet. XD; Not really that much, but still...

Anyways, I'm looking at the Corna Pokedex (the region in Quartz) trying to decide what to do to slaughter that Leader. I need to learn the types of Pokemon...;_; It's my first time playing Quartz.

Enigma
February 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I had that issue when I started a new game on my SoulSilver. Completely forgot about that, and played until Violet. XD; Not really that much, but still...

Anyways, I'm looking at the Corna Pokedex (the region in Quartz) trying to decide what to do to slaughter that Leader. I need to learn the types of Pokemon...;_; It's my first time playing Quartz.

I played a long time ago. Aren't the starters like elemental eggs or something?

myrrhman
February 14th, 2011, 11:12 AM
So how busy are people? I remember we had discussed around New Year's that idea for the PC challenge event where you are organized into two teams, everyone does a certain challenge for the team, etc. and someone thought we should try a test version of it first to get any kinks worked out. People up for it or too busy?

mondays suck
February 14th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I'd be up for it, as long as it's GRBYGSCRSE. It's not like I ever do anything better I'd have to do.

560cool.
February 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Here's something I thought about while Nuzlocking Red. What about something like "Clean" Nuzlocke ? It might be Game Over whenever you lost your first Pokemon...

Once again, this is really hard, as fainting means that your adventure has ended. What do you guys think ?

mondays suck
February 14th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Ouch. I have so far lost my starter every time in a Nuzlocke, no matter what.
And I keep losing one Pokemon before the first gym, always before its first level up.
I really wouldn't get far in such a challenge, unless I do an easy solo run maybe..or get lucky

560cool.
February 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I think heavy overgrinding is the answer... but that would bore me to death.
Maybe it's not such a good idea...

myrrhman
February 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Here's something I thought about while Nuzlocking Red. What about something like "Clean" Nuzlocke ? It might be Game Over whenever you lost your first Pokemon...

Once again, this is really hard, as fainting means that your adventure has ended. What do you guys think ?
Well, I did my Yellow Nuzlocke without losing anyone. But Yellow was sort of cheating since I started with Electric, found Butterfree (Psychic), and then got Charmander and Squirtle and Bulbasaur where there was a 100% chance of me getting them when and where I wanted. So I knew for a fact that I would have a well varied team and I just made sure that they were overleveled at all times.

Sydian
February 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I personally would rather have that event during this year's get together, since it's during summer (er, well it's summer during America...lol, but most people don't have school and it's usually planned on a weekend, you get me?).

Also AGAIN, my apologies for not being all in here and paying attention to stuff. v_v But to compensate for it, I think it was yesterday that I deleted a thread waiting on approval that was like...asking how you benefit from TMs. I was just like "wut" lol :( That's not a challenge silly.

jdthebud
February 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
By the way, I finally beat HeartGold on the Pokebro's challenge. I ended up beating the Elite Four 19 times to prepare for Red, lol, and I still had to use a Max Revive (L72s mostly).I also had to edit the post I made when I had 7 Kanto badges because no one is posting...

Thank God for the Choice Items, they saved my butt against Lance (and Red a bit).

myrrhman
February 15th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I freaking hate Red. 4th least favorite fight behind May on the route between Slateport and Mauville, Gary in Silph Co. and any Sabrina fight.

Weavile05
February 15th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna put it here for those of you who don't look at the Monotype thread.
I found a shiny Stantler.... and ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it.... I'm not sure whether to be completely annoyed or laughing my face off.

oh, and btw. Have you ever considering Stickying the most popular challenges?

Sydian
February 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'm not in favor of stickying the most popular challenges because I don't like stickies cluttering the top of the forum. The most popular ones don't even move off the first page, so there's really no point in doing that. Plus that'd be about...four stickies (Monotype, Nuzlocke, Favorite, Solo, I think those are the most popular idek, don't wanna check) so then there'd be 6 + any events that might come around. I'm not in favor of that at all, not for such a simple section. :(

Weavile05
February 15th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Alright, just thought it might be a good idea. But I do see your point, that could end up with ALOOOOOT of stickies.

Sydian
February 15th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah. It's nice how it is I think. ^-^; ALSO. Sorry about the Stantler. :( I always have a bunch of Pokeballs with me, just in case I bump into a shiny...haha.

myrrhman
February 15th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I'm not in favor of stickying the most popular challenges because I don't like stickies cluttering the top of the forum. The most popular ones don't even move off the first page, so there's really no point in doing that. Plus that'd be about...four stickies (Monotype, Nuzlocke, Favorite, Solo, I think those are the most popular idek, don't wanna check) so then there'd be 6 + any events that might come around. I'm not in favor of that at all, not for such a simple section. :(
But syd, most of us are Lazy. We put all our energy into doing challenges. No energy to scroll half a page down...

Sydian
February 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I have the energy to approve and read the stuff that gets rejected YOU CAN SCROLL. >:( lmao

Exile
February 15th, 2011, 08:15 PM

Betti, the first leader is a user of Bug Types. Just pick Firegg and you'll most likely win.
Just beware of her Rocorrodo, it gets STAB Rock Throw.

myrrhman
February 15th, 2011, 09:35 PM
I have the energy to approve and read the stuff that gets rejected YOU CAN SCROLL. >:( lmao
Syd, of all the people ever, you are my favorite.

Also, I realized that I've done over 7 monotypes in like a week. I think I need to slow down.

jdthebud
February 15th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Okay, so I finished my ultimate Normal monotype! now I only have 3 active challenges, with 2 of em kind of on hold. I'm not really looking forward to grinding through Kanto again on my Dexter's challenge.

I'm thinking about another monotype - those are always fun and never get old, as long as the second game is on GSC rather than HGSS, im tired of no$gba right now :D. Any recommendations (not water, flying, normal, please)?

Sooyun
February 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Syd, of all the people ever, you are my favorite.

Also, I realized that I've done over 7 monotypes in like a week. I think I need to slow down.

O_O Jeez dude! Slow your roll and take a breather why don'cha?

Btw, for those who have/are playing on B/W how long did it take you grind to get all your Pokemon to the 60-70 levels w/ out AR? I hate grinding forever. I have 1 more gym (Iris) and Plasma/N/E4. My team is currently as such:

lvl 42 Emboar/Jonghyun ♂
Modest and Likes to thrash about
Charcoal
Blaze
HP: 147 Atk: 116 Def: 66 Sp.Atk: 101 Sp.Def: 65 Spd: 77
Take Down; Arm Thrust; Nitro Charge; Rollout

lvl 38 Churine/Dara ♀
Jolly and Alert to sounds
Chlorophyll
HP: 84 Atk: 42 Def: 52 Sp.Atk: 60 Sp.Def: 49 Spd: 42
Growth; Energy Ball; Giga Drain; Sleep Powder

lvl 35 Munna/Gackt ♂
Rash and Often scatters things
Synchronize
HP: 109 Atk: 30 Def: 44 Sp.Atk: 60 Sp.Def: 42 Spd: 31
Zen Headbutt; Calm Mind; Nightmare; Hypnosis

lvl 37 Hitomoshi/Kairi ♀
Calm and Happily eats anything
Flame Body
HP: 90 Atk: 33 Def: 55 Sp.Atk: 55 Sp.Def: 58 Spd: 31
Will-o-wisp; Bursting Flame; Imprison; Evil Eye

lvl 37 Kenhorou/Popo ♀
Bold and Happily eats anything
Super Luck
118 79 80 61 47 80
Detect; Leer; Air Slash; Fly

lvl 35 Baniricchi/JiJi ♂
Modest and Proud of it's power
Exp. Share
Ice Body
82 59 55 67 63 54
Icy Wind; Acid Armor; Ice Beam; Mirror Shot

Yeah... As you can imagine, the dragon gym is going to wipe the floor with me (did manage to get through 2 lackeys with difficulty since JiJi can't get a hit in before dying). People say Brown is hard? I'd argue B/W is harder with Pokemon that take nearly 70 levels to evolve and in the mean time, have craptastic stats and/or movepools and 2/25 chance of getting proper natures that are completely random at capture.

Weavile05
February 16th, 2011, 03:37 AM
O_O Jeez dude! Slow your roll and take a breather why don'cha?

Btw, for those who have/are playing on B/W how long did it take you grind to get all your Pokemon to the 60-70 levels w/ out AR? I hate grinding forever. I have 1 more gym (Iris) and Plasma/N/E4. My team is currently as such:

lvl 42 Emboar/Jonghyun ♂
Modest and Likes to thrash about
Charcoal
Blaze
HP: 147 Atk: 116 Def: 66 Sp.Atk: 101 Sp.Def: 65 Spd: 77
Take Down; Arm Thrust; Nitro Charge; Rollout

lvl 38 Churine/Dara ♀
Jolly and Alert to sounds
Chlorophyll
HP: 84 Atk: 42 Def: 52 Sp.Atk: 60 Sp.Def: 49 Spd: 42
Growth; Energy Ball; Giga Drain; Sleep Powder

lvl 35 Munna/Gackt ♂
Rash and Often scatters things
Synchronize
HP: 109 Atk: 30 Def: 44 Sp.Atk: 60 Sp.Def: 42 Spd: 31
Zen Headbutt; Calm Mind; Nightmare; Hypnosis

lvl 37 Hitomoshi/Kairi ♀
Calm and Happily eats anything
Flame Body
HP: 90 Atk: 33 Def: 55 Sp.Atk: 55 Sp.Def: 58 Spd: 31
Will-o-wisp; Bursting Flame; Imprison; Evil Eye

lvl 37 Kenhorou/Popo ♀
Bold and Happily eats anything
Super Luck
118 79 80 61 47 80
Detect; Leer; Air Slash; Fly

lvl 35 Baniricchi/JiJi ♂
Modest and Proud of it's power
Exp. Share
Ice Body
82 59 55 67 63 54
Icy Wind; Acid Armor; Ice Beam; Mirror Shot

Yeah... As you can imagine, the dragon gym is going to wipe the floor with me (did manage to get through 2 lackeys with difficulty since JiJi can't get a hit in before dying). People say Brown is hard? I'd argue B/W is harder with Pokemon that take nearly 70 levels to evolve and in the mean time, have craptastic stats and/or movepools and 2/25 chance of getting proper natures that are completely random at capture.

The whole grinding thing won't be too terribly hard, as I heard that they take the level difference of Pokemon into effect now. So if you're underleveled, you'll gain more experience faster than if you were overleveled

jdthebud
February 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Okay, so I finished my ultimate Normal monotype! now I only have 3 active challenges, with 2 of em kind of on hold. I'm not really looking forward to grinding through Kanto again on my Dexter's challenge.

I'm thinking about another monotype - those are always fun and never get old, as long as the second game is on GSC rather than HGSS, im tired of no$gba right now :D. Any recommendations (not water, flying, normal, please)?

So I am deciding between fighting, ground, electric and Ice, maybe poison...leaning towards fighting, though there isn't much variety in the first two gens. what do you guys think? any other types you recommend?

by the way, I did a ruby ground monotype, but would I have to play Hoenn again if I did ground, since it's not in order?

myrrhman
February 16th, 2011, 08:48 AM
So I am deciding between fighting, ground, electric and Ice, maybe poison...leaning towards fighting, though there isn't much variety in the first two gens. what do you guys think? any other types you recommend?

by the way, I did a ruby ground monotype, but would I have to play Hoenn again if I did ground, since it's not in order?
Ugh, not Electric. Trust me, Brock with only Pikachu and then Rock Tunnel sucks. I think Ground is probably the easiest, what with Nidoking in gen 1 and all. Fighting is awful in gen 2 because of Red's Espeon and Charizard. I used Primeape/Poliwrath for Gen 1 and Primeape/Machoke for Gen 2, so I know what you're saying about no variation. I'd probably go for Poison or Ground. Poison is a lot better than you would think.

Also, if you want to do Ground, you can do Kanto, then do Johto, then instead of doing Hoenn you can either PM Alakazam saying that you've already done Hoenn, or you could just find your update and repost that. I mean, I'm looking at the Monotype thread right now, and I see your name for Ground Hoenn Champions, so if I were Zam, that would be enough for me. But yeah, I'd do either Ground or Poison. I'm doing poison in Ruby right now, just got to Mauville, and so far the only sucky thing has been training Zubat til he learned Bite and was useful.

Sydian
February 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM
About that BW grinding...I wasn't smacking level 60-70 til post game. You won't need it for main game...highest level for that is like...well, nothing past 60. Nothing at 60, even. Around the lines of 54 or 55 from what I remember. Post game trainers aren't too bad either, since most have a bunch of little Pokemon. Like...I swear I fought a Caterpie or something. v_v

But I mean, I can get a team to level 70 in average of one week (well, I mean, I get bored and take days off from it sometimes, lol) so it's not too terrible.

Enigma
February 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM
anyone miss me?

Yeah, I've been absent due to high school preparation stuff, as well as being very tired and working hard on projects. I have a three day weekend, so expect a challenge or two to be done. :D
Heh, I might even post those two challenges I talked about last month or so, if I remember.

Alternative
February 17th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I think I remember going through Pearl with a Ground monotype. I just think ground is the easiest type to run through a game with since it's sucha versatile type and has different typing with pretty much everything. I wouldn't mind running through a game using either Steel or Bug or something. That could be uber cool. ;D

Sooyun
February 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
anyone miss me?

Yeah, I've been absent due to high school preparation stuff, as well as being very tired and working hard on projects. I have a three day weekend, so expect a challenge or two to be done. :D
Heh, I might even post those two challenges I talked about last month or so, if I remember.

Good luck with high school prep Inferno. BTW, You can put me in the completion list for the Lyrics Challenge on White. I just beat Geechisu, N, and the E4. Now I'm just watching the main game end.

About that BW grinding...I wasn't smacking level 60-70 til post game. You won't need it for main game...highest level for that is like...well, nothing past 60. Nothing at 60, even. Around the lines of 54 or 55 from what I remember. Post game trainers aren't too bad either, since most have a bunch of little Pokemon. Like...I swear I fought a Caterpie or something. v_v

But I mean, I can get a team to level 70 in average of one week (well, I mean, I get bored and take days off from it sometimes, lol) so it's not too terrible.

You're right, just beat the main storyline with all my Pokemon in the 40's (Jonghyun the Embuo and Zekrom 50... 5(?) and 50 respectively). Caterpie *Misty scream* Soooo scary! Oh, wait.

Lovelie: Jonghyun, Flamethrower!
It's super effective. The foe Caterpie has fainted.

Alternative
February 17th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Caterpie is lulzy for me. I was playing Pokemon Stadium with a friend once and we came up to Brock, or at least one of his trainers, who just happens to be a Bug Catcher. He had sent out Caterpie and my friend had a Hitmonchan, and Caterpie fared really wekk against Hitmonchan. So well, that it nearly defeated Hitmonchan. XD;

myrrhman
February 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Myrrh is sad. He got his laptop back (that was halfway through a Silver Nuzlocke Run) and forgot that he had a challenge there, so he started the game over for the Grass Mono.

Sooyun
February 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Myrrh is sad. He got his laptop back (that was halfway through a Silver Nuzlocke Run) and forgot that he had a challenge there, so he started the game over for the Grass Mono.

*pats head* Poor Myrr... Why not just have multiple rom copies and name them differently? Like one can be PSSGrass and the other can be PSS[insert challenge name].

myrrhman
February 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I thought about doing that for my monotypes. I was going to make 17 different ROM/emulator packages for each generation, so I could save my teams. But alas, I didn't, and things like this happened. Oh well.

vaporeon7
February 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Oh well you'll know for next time. Also I evolved my Clefairy into Clefable as it now has Metronome (one of my favourite moves).

Enigma
February 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I think I just thought of two challenges.

1st is the Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge (will probably make the name shorter if I can think of something) This is simple to figure out, but can be difficult. You pick as many Pokemon as you want to have in your party, as usual. But say you pick an offensive oriented Pokemon, like Primeape, as one of your pokemon. You then have to make the Pokemon a more like a defensive Pokemon.
Vice versa with defensive oriented pokemon, like Chansey. Make it an offensive pokemon.

2nd is also a simple challenge; a Trade challenge. Basically, just trade with a random person (whom will be picked for you and is also taking the challenge) at certain specified points of a game. However, you don't get to pick which pokemon to trade either; a random party slot will be assigned to you and your random trade partner, and you guys just trade. Other then that, play normally.
Of course, I'm probably going to need some guidelines on that, because it would be terrible for someone on their 7th badge to be traded a pokemon from someone on their 1st badge.

So yeah...going to go ahead and post these challenges today. I think on the Trade Challenge, I may only have people whom are at/near the same badge trade. I'm not sure yet, so if anyone wants to throw around some ideas on how exactly that trading system should be done, I'm open to opinions.

Sooyun
February 20th, 2011, 12:12 PM
So yeah...going to go ahead and post these challenges today. I think on the Trade Challenge, I may only have people whom are at/near the same badge trade. I'm not sure yet, so if anyone wants to throw around some ideas on how exactly that trading system should be done, I'm open to opinions.

I made a trade challenge similar to this where you just make all of the Pokemon you obtain be traded. Wouldn't this challenge exclude people that don't have a DS and have to use emulators? I know with Visual Boy, you can trade with yourself on GB/GBC/GBA, but what about DS? Plus, how would that work if you have to trade randomly unless everyone just uses Pokesav, make a AR code without revealing the Pokemon, and Pm each other? :S

Enigma
February 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I made a trade challenge similar to this where you just make all of the Pokemon you obtain be traded. Wouldn't this challenge exclude people that don't have a DS and have to use emulators? I know with Visual Boy, you can trade with yourself on GB/GBC/GBA, but what about DS? Plus, how would that work if you have to trade randomly unless everyone just uses Pokesav, make a AR code without revealing the Pokemon, and Pm each other? :S
It's kind of meant to be DS-exclusive, since more people will probably be using B/W soon. As for the random trading, all that happens is that I select two people, and they just trade pokemon in a specific slot.
This is why I asked for feedback, so people wouldn't be too confused about everything. :P

Sooyun
February 20th, 2011, 01:19 PM
It's kind of meant to be DS-exclusive, since more people will probably be using B/W soon. As for the random trading, all that happens is that I select two people, and they just trade pokemon in a specific slot.
This is why I asked for feedback, so people wouldn't be too confused about everything. :P

Guess that leaves me out then. *shrug*
Never bought a DS and as long as they stay at $169 and the games cost $50+, I probably never will. I have to rely on emulation unless desmume or someone else perfects the internet wifi portion (won't hold my breath tho.).

jdthebud
February 21st, 2011, 03:39 AM
Who should I use for my fighting monotype on Sapphire? I've got Blaziken, Hariyama, Breloom, Machamp, Heracross or Medicham. Team of 3-4 I think is best.

myrrhman
February 21st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Who should I use for my fighting monotype on Sapphire? I've got Blaziken, Hariyama, Breloom, Machamp, Heracross or Medicham. Team of 3-4 I think is best.
I'd probably do Blaziken, Breloom, Heracross. Blaziken can completely destroy everyone with Blaze Kick/Aerial Ace/Sky Uppercut/Slash, Breloom I remember being a beast the like one time I used him, and Heracross can give you a nice counter to Psychics.

jdthebud
February 21st, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'd probably do Blaziken, Breloom, Heracross. Blaziken can completely destroy everyone with Blaze Kick/Aerial Ace/Sky Uppercut/Slash, Breloom I remember being a beast the like one time I used him, and Heracross can give you a nice counter to Psychics.
Well, Blaziken prolly won't get high enough to learn Sky Uppercut, so it would be Brick Break, and Return instead of Slash. I was thinking about psychics, and Heracross or Medicham would be the member for that role. Pity that neither is available until Lilycove City, although that isn't much of a downside, considering Breloom's massive experience need.

Edit: I actually decided to go with Blaziken, Breloom, and Hariyama for now, since Makuhita is an in-game trade, which is always something I try to utilize. I may end up adding Medicham or Heracross later down the road if only to counter Metagross, although I should have that much of a problem with him if I'm sufficiently leveled up. Pickup Rare Candies helps a lot lol.

DefiningTheDecade
February 21st, 2011, 08:23 AM
I can't believe I missed 4 pages to do "A little" Homework.. *Sigh*

Due to recent inactivity I have put my nuzlocking on hold which to me is a big step..

Missed you guys though.. 4 days is rough when all you have is a pen and 10 papers..

Anyways.. about to look up for a rom for platinum since my DS just snapped in half from my agitation. Chiao!! :)

Enigma
February 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Whoo~! Finally finished my Favorite Challenge! :D Took forever because I played until I beat Red (although it wasn't the finish requirement) and I had to play on my DS. I took all day today to train my Pokemon to about level 75 for Red.
Now I'm going to go start the Hoenn portion of my solo with Dewgong. :D

myrrhman
February 21st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Whoo~! Finally finished my Favorite Challenge! :D Took forever because I played until I beat Red (although it wasn't the finish requirement) and I had to play on my DS. I took all day today to train my Pokemon to about level 75 for Red.
Now I'm going to go start the Hoenn portion of my solo with Dewgong. :D
Oh my god i love Dewgong now. Ever since my Ice Mono on Blue, Dewgong is really up there on my list now.

The above statement got me thinking: where is Dewgong on my list? What list am I even talking about? So now, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to Myrrh's 1st Edition Pokemon Tier list (RBY only)

Top Tier: Starmie, Nidoking, Lapras, Golbat, Dewgong, Parasect, Raticate(in that order)
Second Tier: Primeape, Charizard, Wigglytuff, Machoke, Alakazam (no order)
Third Tier: Everyone not in tier 1, 2, or 4
Fourth (last) Tier: Hypno, Victreebel, Electrode, Venusaur (no order)

Top Tier: Absolute Favorite Pokemon. If it is up for grabs when someone names their team, I will fight you for the right to the name. If I am doing a challenge with them and 5 others, they will always be quite over-leveled.

Second Tier: Will probably use. Wouldn't mind the rights to one of them. Great teammates to me.

Third Tier: Don't really stand out. I don't hate them, but I don't like them.

Fourth Tier: Good god. My least Favorite Pokemon. If I am one of these Pokemon, I will disobey you, no matter how many badges you have.

You guys should make lists too.

Enigma
February 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM
Argh, it seems like there is another time that I will have to play a fourth generation game over the horizon...for both of my current Ultimate challenges. :/ I want to avoid the 4th gen as much as possible.

myrrhman
February 22nd, 2011, 07:10 AM
Lol me too. That's why for my monotypes, I've done all of Gen I and about 1/3 of Gen II. I'm trying to hold off on Gen IV for as long as possible.

jdthebud
February 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Lol, Myrhh, I did Electric on Blue and used Electrode instead of Magneton. What was I thinking?

I actually don't mind Gen IV, but only Platinum, tyvm. HG/SS are just way too long, and D/P are slow and aren't streamlimed like Platinum is.

myrrhman
February 22nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
Lol, Myrhh, I did Electric on Blue and used Electrode instead of Magneton. What was I thinking?

I actually don't mind Gen IV, but only Platinum, tyvm. HG/SS are just way too long, and D/P are slow and aren't streamlimed like Platinum is.
Ok, so HG/SS are actually slow. I couldn't tell if they were slow or if, due to how long it was taking me to beat anything in that game, I just only played like one gym per week and that was making it seem slow.

jdthebud
February 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Ok, so HG/SS are actually slow. I couldn't tell if they were slow or if, due to how long it was taking me to beat anything in that game, I just only played like one gym per week and that was making it seem slow.
Well, HG/SS is not that slow, especially since you have autorun, but since GSC are WAY faster, it seems too slow in comparison. I think that's what I was getting at.

By the way, Myrhh, I didn't even notice the Sabrina screenshot goodness lol. I laughed when I saw you post it though.

Enigma
February 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM

Just about how fast is Platinum compared to D/P? I might decide to play Platinum instead of Pearl for my 4th gen challenges...

jdthebud
February 22nd, 2011, 08:06 PM
Just about how fast is Platinum compared to D/P? I might decide to play Platinum instead of Pearl for my 4th gen challenges...
Well, surfing is REALLY slow in D/P, and Platinum is better anyway because of a couple things - you can get in the secret Wayward cave with out Strength, and the Hearthome gym can be fought once you get there, rather then until you get Surf. Also, Togepi is in Platinum, as is Porygon (gift).

My point is that the journey is streamlined, and there is a lot less doubling back than in D/P. That coupled with the faster surfing makes the game go faster, I think.

vaporeon7
February 22nd, 2011, 11:58 PM
D/P is so much slower than Platinum. It is better because the E4 levels are lower. Myrrh I found Victreebel very useful in R/B/Y with Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder and Wrap. A top tier Pokemon in G/S/C is Jumpluff. Seriously if anyone has the chance to use one, use it. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Synthesis can defeat most non-Grass Pokemon.

jdthebud
February 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
D/P is so much slower than Platinum. It is better because the E4 levels are lower. Myrrh I found Victreebel very useful in R/B/Y with Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder and Wrap. A top tier Pokemon in G/S/C is Jumpluff. Seriously if anyone has the chance to use one, use it. Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Synthesis can defeat most non-Grass Pokemon.
I forgot about the levels being lower, too (not that much but still), although the teams are better. For example, Cynthia has AWESOME UBER Togekiss instead of Gastrodon, for example, so I think it balances out.

560cool.
February 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Let's re-enter the CI&D with Seco's RBY Bro List.

Tier 1 : Charizard, Primeape, Alakazam/Kadabra (really doesn't matter). Starmie, Machoke.
Tier 2 : Blastoise, Raticate, Fearow, Pidgeot, Dugtrio, Haunter, Magneton.
Tier 3 : Basically everything except for Tier 4.
Tier 4 : Chansey, Hypno, Vileplume, Golem (really a goner with no Atk./SAtk. split).

So yeah... also...
Let's re-enter the CI&D
Glad to be back from a small vacation from PC ! A good one, indeed. Two A grades, in Maths and Romanian respectively. Tomorrow, English test, and on Friday a Chemistry test... geez.

Btw, limping to Snowpoint in my Favorite (congrats on finishing Inferno :-D), didn't even start Random, and in Vermilion with my Red Nuzlocke. Kinda on hold.

myrrhman
February 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Let's re-enter the CI&D with Seco's RBY Bro List.

Tier 1 : Charizard, Primeape, Alakazam/Kadabra (really doesn't matter). Starmie, Machoke.
Tier 2 : Blastoise, Raticate, Fearow, Pidgeot, Dugtrio, Haunter, Magneton.
Tier 3 : Basically everything except for Tier 4.
Tier 4 : Chansey, Hypno, Vileplume, Golem (really a goner with no Atk./SAtk. split).

So yeah... also...

Glad to be back from a small vacation from PC ! A good one, indeed. Two A grades, in Maths and Romanian respectively. Tomorrow, English test, and on Friday a Chemistry test... geez.

Btw, limping to Snowpoint in my Favorite (congrats on finishing Inferno :-D), didn't even start Random, and in Vermilion with my Red Nuzlocke. Kinda on hold.
<3 Starmie

And I know what you mean about tests and stuff. I just got back from an Anthropology test, and since spring break is in 2 weeks, all the teachers want to test us right before the break, so I have 2 tests on Wednesday (Physics and History), one on Thursday (Bowling :P) 2 Labs due on Monday (Physics and Anthropology) and a paper due Monday (Anthropology). And a fencing tournament on Saturday. Good bye social life.

jdthebud
February 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Hmm, I guess I'll take a crack at it...

For RBY:
Tier 1 : Machamp, Nidoking, Kadabra, Gengar, Gyarados, Dodrio, Charizard (Yellow cause of Fly), Poliwrath
Tier 2 : Blastoise, Raticate, Clefairy, Nidoqueen, Primeape, Charizard (RB), Raichu, Tentacruel
Tier 3 : Those not in Tier 4 - a lot of there are I don't/haven't used.
Tier 4 : Electrode, Cloyster, Chansey (never used her, never will).

I guess I put I lot of the ones I have used in the first two tiers...the notable exception being Golem, who I used a lot but is in Tier 3 bacause he sucks, but not like freaking Electrode...oh my god. LNot a lot of Tier 4 Pokemon...I guess I don't use crappy Pokemon...? lol.

Sadly, Myrhh, I have never ever used Starmie in any game, ever. Mostly because I almost always had a water type by the time he was available (starter, Quagsire, Gyarados, or Gastrodon lol) and I suck for not knowing how good he was till I started doing challenges, I haven't ever used him for that yet. Same goes for Lapras, although I am using him now in my Dexter's challenge...on SoulSilver lol.

myrrhman
February 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
My love for Starmie originated back in the day before I found PC. I knew what the best attacks were, and I used the Missingno glitch to get infinite of the best TMs. Then I tried to catch all the Pokemon. When I would catch them, I would hook them up with a good moveset in case I ever wanted to use them. When I did Starmie, I found it could learn Boltbeam/Psychic/Surf. I fell in love with it and Lapras, who can also learn the same moves. I would then get 5 Pokemon and Starmie and the Exp. All and do the E4 over and over with Starmie til they evolved. It was fun times. I was so excited when I saw in DPPt it could also learn a Rock Special Move and Steel Special Move.

vaporeon7
February 24th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Starmie is a great Pokemon and one of my favourites. I would always recommend it. I was thinking of doing a quick monotype on R/B but I don't know what type or Pokemon (not Flying). It shouldn't take to long with the heavenly speed button. I would probably get it done by tomorrow which BTW is my Bday. :D

myrrhman
February 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Starmie is a great Pokemon and one of my favourites. I would always recommend it. I was thinking of doing a quick monotype on R/B but I don't know what type or Pokemon (not Flying). It shouldn't take to long with the heavenly speed button. I would probably get it done by tomorrow which BTW is my Bday. :D
Happy early Bday then!

Imo, Grass, Electric, and Bug are retarded tough. Also if you don't want to hack anyone in I'd stay away from Ghost, Dragon, or Ice.

vaporeon7
February 24th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Well I'm looking for a challenge so I'll go with Bug.

Exile
February 24th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Ho ho ho, I can say I've been losing motivation to post here.
I'm putting off all of my Nuzlockes in anticipation for White, I'm afraid. I just don't want my mindset to be elsewhere,
when it should be in Unova.

jdthebud
February 24th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Any advice on who I should use for ground or fighting monotypes in platinum? Bold ones are the ones I want to use, but not sure of any others.

Potential Ground types: Torterra, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Garchomp, Hippowden, Ryhperior, Steelix

Potential Fighting types: Infernape, Medicham, Machamp, Toxicroak, Gallade, Heracross (prolly have to be hacked in (at the appropriate moment) as the Honey Tree rate is really low)

Exile
February 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Any advice on who I should use for ground or fighting monotypes in platinum? Bold ones are the ones I want to use, but not sure of any others.

Potential Ground types: Torterra, Gastrodon, Gliscor, Garchomp, Hippowden, Ryhperior, Steelix

Potential Fighting types: Infernape, Medicham, Machamp, Toxicroak, Gallade, Heracross (prolly have to be hacked in (at the appropriate moment) as the Honey Tree rate is really low)

If you have access to Rhyperior, use it. It's power is nothing to laugh at, and I'd reccomend Hippowdon as well, it's a great tank.

jdthebud
February 24th, 2011, 04:07 PM
If you have access to Rhyperior, use it. It's power is nothing to laugh at, and I'd recommend Hippowdon as well, it's a great tank.Ah, sorry, I forgot that Rhyhorn is not available till postgame.

I was thinking about Hippowden mostly for its Sand Stream ability, but it can be a pain to train, especially with 4 others vying for experience (I really want to use Gliscor as well). I really hate grinding a lot at the end, so I normally keep the party number to four at the most. Tentatively my team is Torterra, Gastrodon, Garchomp and Gliscor, and Hippowden would be a later addition if I chose to use him.

As for fighting, I am going with Infernape, Gallade, and Medicham for sure, but the forth member (if any) is up for grabs.

Thoughts?

Luigi-San
February 25th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Actually, you can get Rhyhorn on Route 214 in Platinum.

jdthebud
February 25th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Actually, you can get Rhyhorn on Route 214 in Platinum.
Oh, right. Well, I try to stay away from rock/ground combos, though, they aren't worth the trouble, especially when there are much better combinations out there. Rhyperior is also slow, which compounds the problem. If I was doing a Rock mono I might seriously consider him, though.

Any advice about Fighting? Ground is covered, thanks guys.

myrrhman
February 25th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Ah, sorry, I forgot that Rhyhorn is not available till postgame.

I was thinking about Hippowden mostly for its Sand Stream ability, but it can be a pain to train, especially with 4 others vying for experience (I really want to use Gliscor as well). I really hate grinding a lot at the end, so I normally keep the party number to four at the most. Tentatively my team is Torterra, Gastrodon, Garchomp and Gliscor, and Hippowden would be a later addition if I chose to use him.

As for fighting, I am going with Infernape, Gallade, and Medicham for sure, but the forth member (if any) is up for grabs.

Thoughts?
I used a Rhyperior for a Challenge, but I was able to trade in an egg, and mine knew EQ, and TFI fangs. It was pretty nice.

If you're like me, and fancy hard hitting moves and OHKOing your opponents, possible movesets would be something like:
Torterra: Razor Leaf/Wood Hammer, EQ, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Crunch
Gastrodon: Muddy Water/Surf, EQ/Mud Bomb, Ice Beam, Body Slam/whatever
Garchomp: Fire Fang, Dragon Rush/Claw, Iron Tail/Dig/Shadow Claw
Gliscor: Thunder Fang, X Scissor, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

That's 14 out of 17 of the types (15 if you take Shadow Claw over Dig) and the only excluded types are Poison and Psychic. I wouldn't worry about a Hippowdon when you have this kind of coverage...

As for Fighting, I'd have something like:
Infernape: Flamethrower, Close Combat, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Gallade: Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Close Combat
Medicham: Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Psychic

Maybe have a Lucario in there? If not, maybe teach someone Iron Tail?

Hope this helps.

jdthebud
February 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
I used a Rhyperior for a Challenge, but I was able to trade in an egg, and mine knew EQ, and TFI fangs. It was pretty nice.

If you're like me, and fancy hard hitting moves and OHKOing your opponents, possible movesets would be something like:
Torterra: Razor Leaf/Wood Hammer, EQ, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Crunch
Gastrodon: Muddy Water/Surf, EQ/Mud Bomb, Ice Beam, Body Slam/whatever
Garchomp: Fire Fang, Dragon Rush/Claw, Iron Tail/Dig/Shadow Claw
Gliscor: Thunder Fang, X Scissor, Aerial Ace, Brick Break

That's 14 out of 17 of the types (15 if you take Shadow Claw over Dig) and the only excluded types are Poison and Psychic. I wouldn't worry about a Hippowdon when you have this kind of coverage...

As for Fighting, I'd have something like:
Infernape: Flamethrower, Close Combat, Earthquake, Rock Slide
Gallade: Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Close Combat
Medicham: Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Shadow Ball, Psychic

Maybe have a Lucario in there? If not, maybe teach someone Iron Tail?

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I taught EQ to Gabite, and will go with Mud Bomb on Gastrodon and Dig on Gliscor. Ghost is not something I usually teach unless it's a STAB move. Swords Dance is also something to consider for Garchomp and Gliscor - Torterra is not fast enough for it.

As for fighting, I think I'm gonna go with those three for now. The only other real option is Lucario, as I am scared off Toxicroak with his 4x weakness to Psychic, but he comes so late in the game it's almost not worth training him, and can't benefit from Iron Island double battles either. I may use Toxicroak as he has access to Nasty Plot and Vacuum Wave, but even a Ground weakness is bad in Sinnoh. By the way, I am a BIG fan of Swords Dance, so I will use that on Gallade and Medicham probably. Gallade doesn't really need Close Combat anyway on a fighting team, and Shadow Ball is wasted on Medicham that late in the game, especially with his crappy SpA. Psychic or Zen Headbutt will be in the last slot.

Oh, and I thought of another reason to use Platinum - WAY MORE HEART SCALES!

Cardwell74
February 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM

2 words. elemental punches.

Infernape, Machamp and Lucario worked well for me, but it felt like there was something missing. Lucian was a PAIN.

and yes, gotta love the abundance of heart scales and shards, making the move tutors actually usable.

Edit: Oh, and before i forget. For your ground platinum, a bit of advice. When i did it, i taught my gastrodon toxic. for wake, and cynthia's milotic, i had to toxic wall them

jdthebud
February 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
As for fighting, I think I'm gonna go with those three for now.
Lol, I totally forgot about Machamp. so four members - Infernape, Machamp, Medicham, and Gallade. And the Machop that I caught has a Careful Nature = win.

Cardwell74
February 25th, 2011, 09:50 PM
medicham and gallade? can i ask why both?

jdthebud
February 25th, 2011, 10:02 PM
medicham and gallade? can i ask why both?Gallade and Medicham have very different movesets, and Medicham has the Punches without needing shards. Besides, I want then both. lol.

In Platinum, I usually am good with 5 members (as long as they aren't too exp needy) in terms of high enough levels. Plus I always use all my Rare Candies at the end too. Anyway, Machamp was added to the mix, so I should be fine against ghosts, which would be a semi big problem otherwise. Now my only weakness across the board is flying, and Rock/Electric moves takes care of those usually, although I have a feeling that Cyrus' Crobat may be a pain.

Cardwell74
February 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I have a feeling that Cyrus' Crobat may be a pain.

Honchkrow is worse than Crobat. But both suck.

vaporeon7
February 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
3 gyms down on my Bug Monotype.

Also congrats on becoming a veteran Syd!

Enigma
February 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM

I can technically apply to be a veteran tomorrow since I joined on leap year

Really want to do a Challenge on a first gen. game next...I guess that means I'll be probably taking a short break on my solo challenge to begin my Dual Type Ultimate.

myrrhman
February 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM

What gets you veteran status?

Also, I guess I"m going to have to like evolve Zigzagoon, I still can't get past her Nosepass.

jdthebud
February 28th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Whats the best strategy for Electric on Sapphire, and Ice on GSC?

chaos11011
February 28th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Oh, right. Well, I try to stay away from rock/ground combos, though, they aren't worth the trouble, especially when there are much better combinations out there. Rhyperior is also slow, which compounds the problem. If I was doing a Rock mono I might seriously consider him, though.

Rhyperior is a god might I say, and how do say that Rhyperior is slow hen you have

A) A Gastrodon, who has Base 39 Speed while Rhyperior has Base 40.

B) Quick Claw, which is Rhyperior's favorite item In-Game.

Besides most people, i have experience with Rhyperior in Platinum, because I did do a Nuzlocke on it (Like anyone reads my updates, pfffh) Rhyperior is an absolute Tank with Solid Rock. Can hit extremely hard, and can be a good HM Slave (I had no room for Surf on my Platinum Nuzlocke since my GARYdos was a DD Waterfall Sweeper, so I used Surf on Rhyperior, sure waste of a moveslot but Rhyperior isn't going to get better coverage)

I recomend this moveset if you decided on using it:

Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge and Megahorn

myrrhman
February 28th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Whats the best strategy for Electric on Sapphire, and Ice on GSC?
Although I haven't done either of these, here is what I would advise:

Sapp electric: Wow, there really aren't any strong Electric types in the generation. First had Electabuzz, and second had Ampharos, but they're both out for this one... I guess your main party member would be a Lanturn or something, since it can learn Ice Beam, Surf, and an Electric Attack. Maybe a Magneton to stall with, but you'll have to watch out for Fighting and Ground attacks. Manetric can be pretty good too.

Ice GSC: Since you get to hack one in, I'd probably go with a Swinub. He gives you some nice Ground/Ice Type action. You'll also want Dewgong and Jynx, maybe Delibird.

jdthebud
February 28th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Although I haven't done either of these, here is what I would advise:

Sapp electric: Wow, there really aren't any strong Electric types in the generation. First had Electabuzz, and second had Ampharos, but they're both out for this one... I guess your main party member would be a Lanturn or something, since it can learn Ice Beam, Surf, and an Electric Attack. Maybe a Magneton to stall with, but you'll have to watch out for Fighting and Ground attacks. Manetric can be pretty good too.

Ice GSC: Since you get to hack one in, I'd probably go with a Swinub. He gives you some nice Ground/Ice Type action. You'll also want Dewgong and Jynx, maybe Delibird.
Delibird? Hell no. Jynx, LAPRAS (how do you forget about him?!?) and swinub early I guess, since Sneasel has really ****** SpA. As for Electric, man it sucks. Manectric can't learn Flamethrower in Gen III (he can in Gen IV, lame) no Electric types can learn Earthquake either. Looks like a Solo run with Manectric until New Mauville, and Chinchou is Underwater...I don't suppose I can hack in someone early...?

Maybe I should play Emerald so I don't have to deal with Steven's Earthquakes...

myrrhman
February 28th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Delibird? Hell no. Jynx, LAPRAS (how do you forget about him?!?) and swinub early I guess, since Sneasel has really ****** SpA. As for Electric, man it sucks. Manectric can't learn Flamethrower in Gen III (he can in Gen IV, lame) no Electric types can learn Earthquake either. Looks like a Solo run with Manectric until New Mauville, and Chinchou is Underwater...I don't suppose I can hack in someone early...?

Maybe I should play Emerald so I don't have to deal with Steven's Earthquakes...
I excluded Lapras due to how much GSC TMs suck. There's no Thunderbolt, no Ice Beam, and Psychic isn't until after the E4. You're stuck with stupid powder snow. Delibird was just so you could have someone fly for you. Flying might be a useful type. Idk.

As for Electric, personally I wouldn't worry about Steven. If you could hack in like a Chinchou, by Steven your Lanturn will be ridiculously high, and could fo sho one shot Aggron and probably Claydol. But I guess that also means that anyone could one shot Wallace - Whiscash, so you're probably right. Personally, I think the rule should be you can hack in if you can't obtain a Pokemon before the first gym, since that's a major event in the story that you're gonna miss. I'd allow it, but if its an ulti, you'd have to talk to Alakazam.

jdthebud
February 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I excluded Lapras due to how much GSC TMs suck. There's no Thunderbolt, no Ice Beam, and Psychic isn't until after the E4. You're stuck with stupid powder snow. Delibird was just so you could have someone fly for you. Flying might be a useful type. Idk.

As for Electric, personally I wouldn't worry about Steven. If you could hack in like a Chinchou, by Steven your Lanturn will be ridiculously high, and could fo sho one shot Aggron and probably Claydol. But I guess that also means that anyone could one shot Wallace - Whiscash, so you're probably right. Personally, I think the rule should be you can hack in if you can't obtain a Pokemon before the first gym, since that's a major event in the story that you're gonna miss. I'd allow it, but if its an ulti, you'd have to talk to Alakazam.
Lapras learns Ice Beam by level up, and Crystal has the Move Tutor for Thunderbolt, although that's post E4. It should be fine, I think. As for hacking, Manectric is obtainable before the second gym, although I do share your opinion on that, especially if there are no others available until late, as would be the case for Electric on Hoenn.

myrrhman
February 28th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, if I had a Manetric for that late (looking like what, 5 badges worth?) I'd be tempted just to solo with Manetric. And that's not the point of a Monotype.

Alternative
February 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
You know, I apologize for not being here as often as I could, but I just haven't had the motivation to keep playing Emerald lately. Last time I opened up the game I moved maybe 10 steps, and quit because I was just bored. I'll try to continue sometime soon or something, since it needs to be done! D:

emperorsenshi
March 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
The Datai challenge. Solo NFE, preferably a weak and unhacked one.

I would do it, but I'm not good enough.

myrrhman
March 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM
The Datai challenge. Solo NFE, preferably a weak and unhacked one.

I would do it, but I'm not good enough.
Can basic only but 3 of them count? I did a Nuzlocke with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and someone else (maybe a seedot or something, because I remember it was a trio-basic only-nuzlocke-brown only challenge)

emperorsenshi
March 1st, 2011, 05:54 PM
Can basic only but 3 of them count? I did a Nuzlocke with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and someone else (maybe a seedot or something, because I remember it was a trio-basic only-nuzlocke-brown only challenge)

That would not be the Datai challenge. He did solo runs with his NFEs.

But I've seen a NFE team only challenge.

Exile
March 1st, 2011, 09:35 PM
So, as you all know, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are coming out on the 6th of March, and the 4th for your Europeans.
I'm quite tempted to Nuzlocke my copy of Pokemon White, especially with the prospect of the ability Sturdy and it's life-saving potential.
Although I'd also love to do something I haven't done in a long time, playthrough a game with a team of my favorites, in this case, Sammurott, Haxorus, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.
While I would love to use all of those Pokemon, it would just seem that the extreme grinding I'd need to do would have less of a purpose.
So, if anyone feels like swaying me, should I nuzlocke White on the first go?

Gilgαmesh
March 1st, 2011, 09:40 PM
If it were me, I wouldn't do any challenges on the first go and enjoy the game first before I do any challenges like the Nuzlocke. The Nuzlocke itself seems pretty hard or something idk. :(

myrrhman
March 1st, 2011, 09:50 PM
So, as you all know, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are coming out on the 6th of March, and the 4th for your Europeans.
I'm quite tempted to Nuzlocke my copy of Pokemon White, especially with the prospect of the ability Sturdy and it's life-saving potential.
Although I'd also love to do something I haven't done in a long time, playthrough a game with a team of my favorites, in this case, Sammurott, Haxorus, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.
While I would love to use all of those Pokemon, it would just seem that the extreme grinding I'd need to do would have less of a purpose.
So, if anyone feels like swaying me, should I nuzlocke White on the first go?
I'll Nuzlocke with you. Although you have the advantage, I don't know a thing about the Pokemon, other than I'm picking Pokabu. Not Tepig, Pokabu.

11wildy
March 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM
my first walktrough on Black will be a monotype, although I have no idea on which one I want to do first, Any ideas?

Hawkfire-the-cat
March 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
my first walktrough on Black will be a monotype, although I have no idea on which one I want to do first, Any ideas?

I haven't really done much mono-types, but for unova I'd consider grass; there's several ones with dual types, like ferrothorn and sawsbuck, and dark; you can get one early on and use some powerful mons like scrafy and bisharp. Fire would also be okay, as long as you got a darmanitan with zen mode.

myrrhman
March 2nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
I haven't really done much mono-types, but for unova I'd consider grass; there's several ones with dual types, like ferrothorn and sawsbuck, and dark; you can get one early on and use some powerful mons like scrafy and bisharp. Fire would also be okay, as long as you got a darmanitan with zen mode.
This is why I'm doing a Nuzlocke, I did not understand anything that you just said. With monotypes, I have to sort of plan out where to go to get my Pokemon, with a Nuzzy, there's no planning.

Exile
March 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
I'll Nuzlocke with you. Although you have the advantage, I don't know a thing about the Pokemon, other than I'm picking Pokabu. Not Tepig, Pokabu.

I've had experience with Isshu Pokemon, as I've played on a ROM once or twice. While I'm not going to give you an extensive description of Unova and it's Pokemon, but I am going to tell you that you better be damn sure that your Pokemon can handle ANYTHING, before you challenge the 2nd gym. I'll be using Oshawott, as Tepig's name is sub-par and Daikenki's amazing design and power is far too hard for me to resist.

If it were me, I wouldn't do any challenges on the first go and enjoy the game first before I do any challenges like the Nuzlocke. The Nuzlocke itself seems pretty hard or something idk.

Nuzlockes honestly aren't too hard if you're careful and value each of your Pokemon. The reason I'm choosing to do one, is because Nuzlockes tend to give me a greater appreciation for my Pokemon and a viable reason to grind.

Alternative
March 3rd, 2011, 04:52 AM
This place needs more love from me. :D
Anyway, I started a Ruby solo run, and since I'm using a cartridge of Ruby, it will be a very slow run. I've already made it to two badges, with me being Awesome (I named myself that), and using a Shroomish named Florence, since that's the most manly name out there. :)

myrrhman
March 3rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
This place needs more love from me. :D
Anyway, I started a Ruby solo run, and since I'm using a cartridge of Ruby, it will be a very slow run. I've already made it to two badges, with me being Awesome (I named myself that), and using a Shroomish named Florence, since that's the most manly name out there. :)
I love names like that. Once, I named a Machop by the name of Mercy.

Alternative
March 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM
It's fun to use those sorts of names, like when I speak to main people, it's like "Who are you then? ... ... .. .. .. .. ... ... .. Oh, so you're Awesome!" I love that! Also I just chose Florence since it's a Male Shroomish, and everyone knows that Florence is the manliest of manly names out there! :D

emperorsenshi
March 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Did someone already mention this:

Only Required Challenge

Only fight required trainers and no wild grinding. Anything else goes.

myrrhman
March 3rd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Did someone already mention this:

Only Required Challenge

Only fight required trainers and no wild grinding. Anything else goes.
Yeah, its been said before, didn't catch on.

Alternative
March 4th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Well since the Combined Solo Challenge hasn't been updated yet, and there are no new posts there and I wanted to void double posting, I will just tell you in a small summary what has happened quickly.
Florence is now level 31 and I have just defeated Wattson, which was a long battle, but not very hard.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ad/Spr_3r_285.png
Florence @ Everstone
Level: 31
Nature: Quirky
~ Mega Drain
~ Bullet Seed
~ Headbutt
~ Leech Seed

I'm planning a Leech Seed/Spore/Giga Drain/Return set for the future.

11wildy
March 4th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Doing a mono grass on black, which turns out it's going to be very hard xD. I got 4 gym disadvantages, trio gym, flying gym, ice gym and Dragon gym. Also, not sure on what team I should take. I got a Snivy evo right now, but there are a lot of others available. Maybe Forrethorn, but that evolves very late and is available late I think. I do want that season deer though.

Enigma
March 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I decided last night that I would start making my challenge updates more...pretty. xP I'm currently working on a decent-looking CSS to use for it.
I'm also kind of rushing it because I really want to get started on Gold

hazard master
March 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Has anyone ever thought about doing a challenge where they acquire 2 pseudo legendaries in the beginning and only use those two for battling?

That would be real hard due to most not evolving till past 30 then again past 45.

vaporeon7
March 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Has anyone ever thought about doing a challenge where they acquire 2 pseudo legendaries in the beginning and only use those two for battling?

That would be real hard due to most not evolving till past 30 then again past 45.

It wouldn't be that hard as if you only use two Pokemon they'd hit Lv30 in no time.

Enigma
March 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM

It'd basically be a limited Duospecies challenge. :S

hazard master
March 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM
It wouldn't be that hard as if you only use two Pokemon they'd hit Lv30 in no time.
Good point, but what if there was a minimum of 4, but that would limit you to gen III and later.

Alternative
March 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
It still wouldn't be that hard. Considering they're some of the strongest Pokemon in the game, and if the rules state you'd have to get them before say the second gym, then you'd have to hack them into your game and use them. It's pretty much a Duo Pokemon challenge with just better Pokemon.

Enigma
March 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Argh, can't make another post in the St. Patrick's Challenge thread until someone else does. D: I'm dying to make a post, for some reason.
and I really want to finish Emerald so I can see if HeartGold might actually save for me

11wildy
March 6th, 2011, 01:06 AM
Caught myself a sewaddle and a Maractus :D
Gonna catch a Deerling as well.

Beat 3 gyms at this moment.

vaporeon7
March 6th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I need to get all my challenges finished before March 10th. As I will be very busy then.

Enigma
March 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I just bought White, so I'll probably be occupied for a while instead of doing challenges.

jdthebud
March 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I just bought White, so I'll probably be occupied for a while instead of doing challenges.
Nice! Have fun!!!
I wish I had a DS sometimes...

RattataL72
March 6th, 2011, 07:05 PM
What about a 2 type, 3 poke challenge?

Dewgong (Ice, Water)
Slowbro (Water, Psychic)
Jynx (Psychic, Ice)

If anything it's fun to come up with combos.

Alternative
March 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I think the dual-type challenge is like that already, or something like that. I don't really like that idea either.

And guys, do you know how hard it is to beat Flannery with just a Shroomish? I mean I took maybe ten times at the least to try and beat her, but I was just being defeated by all those sunny day boosted Overheats, which were annoying. I mean I knew as soon as I could survive one I would be fine, but it never happened. D:

myrrhman
March 7th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Ugh, sounds painful. I guess you're just going to have to do some more grinding.

Alternative
March 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I've already beaten her with Shroomish, but it was just tough. I was lucky enough that there was no Sunny Day up, and her first attack with Torkoal was Attract, and I got a lucky Leech Seed in, as well as poisoning. I was just stalling her in the end.

Weavile05
March 8th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I've got a pretty good idea for a challenge. Not sure if I can make it though. I'm already doing a Monotype, Special pairs, and I plan on starting the St. Patricks day one too.

Anyway, only using pokemon that existed in Gen I. For obvious reasons this cannot be done in Gen I and V. For RSE you can hack in something obtainable IN THAT GAME that is normally available before the third badge.

Alternative
March 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know what to think about the challenge. Maybe restrict it more to that the user can only use Pokemon in that generation which are in the game's Pokedex, so playing RSE you wouldn't be able to use Pokemon such as Nidoran or Venonat since they're non-obtainable in that generation.

My idea for a new, and gimmick challenge. I would call it The (Insert user Sydian)'s Favourite's challenge/ Really similar to the favourite's challenge, but you must use someone else's favourites instead of your own.