PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Dixie Kong
March 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
My idea for a new, and gimmick challenge. I would call it The (Insert user Sydian)'s Favourite's challenge/ Really similar to the favourite's challenge, but you must use someone else's favourites instead of your own.

What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black

Enigma
March 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I guess I'm gonna have to take some time either today or tomorrow to update all of my challenge threads. I haven't had much time recently, but I'm going to make time.
I'm also excited that I'm so close to being able to start other challenges, since I'm almost done with my personal rule of finishing all of my current challenges before entering others.

Alternative
March 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black
Honestly I thought you would have been thinking up something for an Easter Challenge. Maybe something where you have to go through a run using an Exeggcute and a Chansey or something on your team.

I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.

Enigma
March 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM
I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.
That sounds like a pretty fun challenge, IMO. If you decide to make a thread for it, I'd gladly participate. :D

Dixie Kong
March 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
That's been made before, but I'm positive it died. Feel free to remake it!

Also, I'm obsessed with St. Patrick's Day, hence why y'all got an event for it. :P I was gunna do an event in February for Valentine's Day, but I was going through a lot of stuff, and Valentine's Day was really upsetting for me, so obviously I skipped out on it. And no, no Easter events. XD That would be a cute idea though...like, you could trade random eggs with people. I think there was a challenge like that, but idk. That could be made right now actually, but not as an event. I don't even know what date easter is this year. /awful

Aaaaaand not gunna mention the August thing. -cough cough- My birthday is in August though. -cough cough- :) Trust me, your lovely Challenge mod takes good care of his lovely Challenge forum and will see to it that good events are made~!

Also, check out the new FAQ! I will be adding to it tomorrow about how to make proper and organized challenges, and there will be a new rule (sorry!) about how challenges need to be nice and neat. Seriously though, do you like seeing challenge that have little to no explanation? :( It's ugly, not well planned, and usually not kept up with very well.

Enigma
March 8th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm actually surprised that I'm the only person going for an Ultimate for the St. Patrick's Challenge. I would have expected at least one other person going for an ultimate, but whatever. If I worked really hard, I could probably finish before St. Patrick's Day itself.

Alternative
March 8th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Obviously there should be a rule where to ask me for challenge thread making advice, since I'm the best at it. :D OMG Black tomorrow for me! :D

Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.

Enigma
March 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Another challenge idea. A word challenge, but I have no idea how to call it. You have to use Pokemon which have 9 or more letters in their name, so you can't use Venusaur, but you can use Charizard or Victreebel.
I wonder how limited that challenge would be...does Bulbapedia have a list of Pokemon by amount of letters? I don't think they do, but it'd be helpful for those taking the challenge. or those too lazy to just count the letters

Dixie Kong
March 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.

Enigma
March 8th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Dragonomega was gunna do an ultimate for StPD event, but idk, guess he doesn't want to now.
I've only got HeartGold and White left, I'm just trying to make sure that my HG doesn't quit saving/starting at Morty's Gym. :c Otherwise, I'd probably be done with that already.
I love doing as many Ultimates as I can, otherwise I feel a little...I don't know...incomplete? xP Just doing one region in a challenge apparently isn't enough for me.

jdthebud
March 8th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm about halfway through a game of White, and it's been fun. started with Oshawott, btw. team right now is Samurott, Sigilyph, Krokorok, Zebstrika, Stoutland, and Munna, all around L37-38. I think I will be content to just finish a playthrough first before doing any challenges on it. lol.

vaporeon7
March 9th, 2011, 01:30 AM
I plan to finish the rest of my challenges by the end of the day.

Zeffy
March 9th, 2011, 02:27 AM
I plan to finish the rest of my challenges by the end of the day.
I was planning to finish mine before March 18th. I figured that setting deadlines for your challenges would help you finish the challenge faster and easier.

Gulpin
March 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I just submitted a Duotype challenge because I couldn't find one when I searched for it. I'm going to be using Pokemon Black and doing a Bug/Poison challenge. My planned team is:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/545.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/542.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/591.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/596.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/bw/569.png

jdthebud
March 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
okay, so I finally beat Elite four the first time and N and whoever, but I hate my team. Zebstrika is really weak, and I almost lost to a lone L62 Altaria (!!!), lol, as my team in L52ish. three of my team have Mild natures, which really sucks.

I had fun with the first half, then I hated the last parts since Zebstrika was just so bad. I should have dropped him, it's not like electric types are a neccesity in Unova.
/endrant

anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.

Dixie Kong
March 9th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I didn't like using Zeburaika in my Hall of Fame challenge. My friend is using one on his White team right now though, and he loves it. -shrugs- I guess it's all up to preference.

myrrhman
March 9th, 2011, 07:47 PM
anyway, I'm thinking about getting back on the monotype track.
Yes you should. I'm about to catch you in UMC's completed. I'm at the E4 on Normal Sinnoh, 2 badges in on Fire Hoenn, and almost 5 badges on Fire Sinnoh. Then we'll both have 4 done.

Impo
March 11th, 2011, 12:17 AM
can anyone recommend a fun challenge?

i don't usually stroll around these parts of the forums, but lately i've been itching to do a challenge.

i don't know if asking is allowed, so if anyone could pick for me it would be greatly appreciated :)

chaos11011
March 11th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Look who's back and not better then ever

Um I'd been doing some "personal" challenges myself. I'm trying to beat every Pokemon game I have before Black reaches my door. (Brazil.... I have to wait until my uncle mails it to me)

Um here's a list...

Leaf Green: Luck of the Irish :DD

Ruby: None, maybe Pre-evo challenge?

Emerald: Nuzlocke, might change to mono-type (ideas?)

Heart Gold: Normal, 13 Badges

Soul Silver: Normal, grinding for Falkner

Ranger: None? My brother is using it so Im not sure if I will play it

Rumble: Nuzlocke

Mystery Dungeon Blue: Done with Main Game, started after game

Mystery Dugeon Sky: Special Missions Completed, Main Game Done, at Azurill's nightmare

Diamond: Normal, at Maylene

Platinum: Nuzlocke, must steal trainers' Pokemon as my route catch

Enigma
March 11th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Alrighty, finally able to continue doing challenges. It's been quite a long week, at least for me. I'll be so happy to start playing again~

Dixie Kong
March 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hi. I'm trying to complete Gold, Green, and Booze. Wallace's Milotic is annoying as frick frack. I just thought I'd let you guys know! But Ludicolo takes hits like a man. That is all.

Alternative
March 11th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Okay, what the hell is a frick frack?
I've been postponing challenges for a while, so I can play Black. I'll just say that Sydoredia is amazing. <3

Enigma
March 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've been trying to finish all of my current challenges before allowing myself to play White. I've still played it, but I have prevented myself from getting carried away and finishing it within a week like I normally do.

Exile
March 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM
I've been getting really lazy with my challenges lately, I was considering restarting on White and nuzlocking it, once it's possible for me to obtain a Gigalith.

myrrhman
March 14th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Bah, school starts back up, so I won't have nearly as much time for challenges. I really need to get on this St. Patty's day challenge. St. Patty's day is in just 3 days...

I sort of wanted to finish a couple more UMC's first though... Oh well.

chaos11011
March 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
St. Patrick's Day Challenge will be hard for me, using a Caterpie and all... Doesn't help when my rival has a Charizard who hits SE on all three of my Team Members. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles I guess.

jespoke
March 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Originally had planed to do at least 3 playthroughs before i went to challenge White, but now in already planning on finishing my water UMC, while im still not finished my first playthrough!

Enigma
March 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Already finished my St. Patrick's Ultimate Challenge yesterday...just didn't have enough time to make the huge update.

Dixie Kong
March 15th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I'm just happy I actually finished a challenge for once. >:o No, even better. I completed two challenges, while doing them and another game at the same time. Now, back to my second playthrough of Black...then the Favorite Challenge gets its reboot sometime next month. :D I should probably make my new list of favorites and include the gen V stuff. Something tells me that this list will be difficult...

Enigma
March 17th, 2011, 06:27 PM
My completed challenges list in my profile is becoming a little large...hmm.
Also upcoming three-day weekend = several challenges done. :D

Myzou
March 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Been thinking about a TinyCup Challenge.

Only Pokemon under 3 feet tall could be used, based by the Pokedex. (I say 3 feet because any smaller and you have issues with the available pokemon in some generations).

Any opinions on that?

Lucario-Avantasia
March 19th, 2011, 07:35 AM
That sounds adorable, Myzou! I would definitely try that challenge out. XD

Sooyun
March 19th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Since Spring and Easter is coming up after March, why not have an event where you use Pokemon that can be applied to Spring (flowers, baby animals) and Easter (eggs, pastel colors)?

You have to use either:
***First stage/pre evo. Pokemon
***Pokemon in the following egg groups: humanshape, fairy, plant, bug
***Pokemon in the following color groups: pink, yellow, green, blue, white.

Or, you can be adventurous and do a combination of all four: All Pokemon must be in their first stage, in the the 4 egg groups, and of the 5 colors.

Enigma
March 20th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Argh, haven't had as much time as I would like lately. I want to do some more challenges, but I guess I'll have to wait. I'm currently taking a little break from challenges, but then I'll get right back to what I was doing. :D

vaporeon7
March 21st, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm on challenge break right now. I'm just so busy with my Pokemon White right now. I hope to start challenging myself sometime in April. First I have to finish my Dexter challenge and do the the Unova part of my Flying Ultimate Monotype and then what?

LaureTheLoner
March 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
I think a theme team would be awesome

Like someone in the forum who wants to play can name the game they are going to play, they also name the type of team they want.

It could be anything from 'cute team' to naming a television show or video game they want their team to reflect. I thought of making a themed team but the problem is there wouldn't be much challenge cause I'd try justifying any pokemon that I wanted on the team to having something to do with the theme, so I was thinking other people in the thread can decide what your team should be depending on what you want.

The thread starter can pick pokemon for teams that revolve around words, and if its based on some sort of TV show or canon they are unaware of other people in the forum can suggest teams.

Exile
March 22nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
I think a theme team would be awesome

Like someone in the forum who wants to play can name the game they are going to play, they also name the type of team they want.

It could be anything from 'cute team' to naming a television show or video game they want their team to reflect. I thought of making a themed team but the problem is there wouldn't be much challenge cause I'd try justifying any pokemon that I wanted on the team to having something to do with the theme, so I was thinking other people in the thread can decide what your team should be depending on what you want.

The thread starter can pick pokemon for teams that revolve around words, and if its based on some sort of TV show or canon they are unaware of other people in the forum can suggest teams.

That's not a bad idea, if people who decide to undertake the challenge, have creativity and aptitude to take on an actual challenge. As in, a "Uber tough team" or an "all red" team wouldn't really be in the spirit of the challenge.

LaureTheLoner
March 22nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
There would be no point in someone suggesting a monotype or monochromatic since those challenges are already in place

or people who wanna take the challenge the forum leader generates a theme for them

Like Demon, Reptile, Angry

<.<

>.>

I want a Final Fantasy X team

Enigma
March 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Now I feel like getting back into challenges, but I'm having time issues. ;_; I really want to do a solo challenge, for some reason. Maybe finishing up the one I'm already doing?

Dixie Kong
March 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
I say finish what you're doing before you move on. /needs to finish lots of challenges!

This thread is so dead.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s168/junkyardhalo/rupaulslap.gif

Maybe that will give it life. :)

Exile
March 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
I say that we need to get this place active over the summer, when our lives are free of time constraints. I was thinking we can each make challenge logs, or something along the lines of that.
I'll elaborate on the idea later, as I thought of it at 2 AM. Anyhow, here's to a summer of: http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web04/2011/3/14/10/anigif_fun-fun-fun-29834-1300112565-20.gif

myrrhman
March 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
I say finish what you're doing before you move on. /needs to finish lots of challenges!

This thread is so dead.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s168/junkyardhalo/rupaulslap.gif

Maybe that will give it life. :)
Well, you can only blame yourself. You're the one that gave it the title 'Come in and Die'. The thread was just doing as you instructed.

Exile
March 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Well, you can only blame yourself. You're the one that gave it the title 'Come in and Die'. The thread was just doing as you instructed.

Well then, Man of Myrrh, what do you suggest the new title of this thread shalt be?

myrrhman
March 23rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Well then, Man of Myrrh, what do you suggest the new title of this thread shalt be?
It should be 'Challenges: Initiate and Defeat' or 'Challenges: Initiate and Destroy'

That way, people would have to do the challenges, because that's the name of the thread.

Dixie Kong
March 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
I put Camels Igniting and Destroying...I think that's close enough. :) Camels is obviously code for challenges, if you couldn't tell.

myrrhman
March 23rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah, it makes sense. I recently did a challenge with a Camerupt. Makes sense on all levels.

Dixie Kong
March 23rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
See, it works. :) Also, just a reminder for anyone doing the Green, Gold, and Booze event. The deadline to finish is the 31st of March (12 AM Central time) otherwise you miss out on the emblem. I don't wanna give an emblem to people that signed up and didn't even finish. It makes it seem like you're just signing up just for the emblem and I feel that they should be earned.

/runs to add the time on the thread because I just realized I didn't :x

Exile
March 23rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Ah, Camerupt. I've wanted to use it in a challenge, since like, forever. I've decided that I'll put one on my team when the R/S remakes are released, provided they actually are in development and
are planned to be released. Camerupt has a pretty awesome design, although I'd like to see a pure Ground type dromedary camel, in the near future.

myrrhman
March 23rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Le gasp, another double post by Syd!

I fully intend on doing the GG&B Challenge as soon as I finish either my current challenge (UMC Electric, I'm on Sinnoh) or White, in which I just beat N in his castle. But I have to do so much grinding for it... Hmph. I think the UMC would be easier.

Enigma
March 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Weekend, where art thou weekend? D:
Speaking of being active over the summer, you guys would probably be annoyed with how active I am going to be. D; /hasnolife
I'm really considering betting on how many challenges I can complete during the three months I have off.

myrrhman
March 24th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Well, I am going to be probs going on vacation with my friends, and seeing them some, but the sheer fact that i can stay up as late as i want because i won't have school/don't ever have to do any homework means i'll be completing a lot of them. I think I'll shoot for one challenge a day, and then the rest of the day stay off the computer.

Gulpin
March 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
http://vdexproject.net/zangoose/poke/bw/cameruptms.png
Anyways, I'm having fun playing through Black with a Poison/Bug Duotype challenge. I think I want to do a Grass monotype, or even a Water monotype next :D

Enigma
March 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I think I want to do something really awesome sounding. I want to defeat R/B/Y with all 151 original Pokemon in solo challenges. :DDD

Dixie Kong
March 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I was actually, and this will sound CRAZY, considering...making the Hall of Fame...with every Pokemon. I would probably do generations I-IV on HeartGold though, because I really, really hate migrating/transferring to the next gen. idk why. But I'm not even done with the Gen V version of this, so WHY am I considering the others? I don't even know.

And I worked it out, I would divide it by generations. So in gen I, I would use Scyther, Electabuzz, etc because in gen I, they didn't evolve. But in gen IV (and well, any other gen with a baby Pokemon) I would use the baby Pokemon, provided that it's evolution isn't also in that generation. Basically, I would be treating it as if it didn't evolve. (example would be using Chimecho in gen III, since it had no baby yet, but when I move on to gen IV, I would use Chingling, since it was introduced in gen IV. Riolu is also a baby, but it's evolution, Lucario, was introduced in gen IV, so I would go with Lucario, not Riolu.) This doesn't even make sense to anyone, I'm sure. :(

Gulpin
March 24th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I was actually, and this will sound CRAZY, considering...making the Hall of Fame...with every Pokemon. I would probably do generations I-IV on HeartGold though, because I really, really hate migrating/transferring to the next gen. idk why. But I'm not even done with the Gen V version of this, so WHY am I considering the others? I don't even know.

And I worked it out, I would divide it by generations. So in gen I, I would use Scyther, Electabuzz, etc because in gen I, they didn't evolve. But in gen IV (and well, any other gen with a baby Pokemon) I would use the baby Pokemon, provided that it's evolution isn't also in that generation. Basically, I would be treating it as if it didn't evolve. (example would be using Chimecho in gen III, since it had no baby yet, but when I move on to gen IV, I would use Chingling, since it was introduced in gen IV. Riolu is also a baby, but it's evolution, Lucario, was introduced in gen IV, so I would go with Lucario, not Riolu.) This doesn't even make sense to anyone, I'm sure. :(

That would be a cool challenge. If I did it I'd do it on an emulator so I could screencap it. But then I wouldn't have access to every Pokemon d.d Maybe in the thread everyone challenging can just have one post to keep updates on using a spoiler and a list of all Pokemon and just mark through them when you are done. Also, a rule could be not to just use one level 100 uber to beat the E4 a billion times until you are done. I'd probably just go in order, so my first team would be Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard.

vaporeon7
March 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I could not see myself having that much patience to do that challenge. On another note seeing how I completed my Pokemon White's National Dex, I'll finish my current challenge and start another.

Enigma
March 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Syd always ends up double posting D:

I'm trying to finish both my remaining Dewgong solos by the end of the week so I can start other challenges. Playing through the 4th gen...bleh.

Dixie Kong
March 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I double post because this is the forum I mod, so because of that, I override the rule that doesn't allow posts until after 45 seconds have passed.

And well, when I say "every Pokemon" I meant final evos, with the exception of baby Pokemon and Pokemon that didn't get evos til later. And I ain't making a thread for that because updates would be so slow, it'd get inactive. >.< It's better to do it as a personal challenge, and just blog it on here, Tumblr, etc.

Gulpin
March 25th, 2011, 06:29 AM
I double post because this is the forum I mod, so because of that, I override the rule that doesn't allow posts until after 45 seconds have passed.

And well, when I say "every Pokemon" I meant final evos, with the exception of baby Pokemon and Pokemon that didn't get evos til later. And I ain't making a thread for that because updates would be so slow, it'd get inactive. >.< It's better to do it as a personal challenge, and just blog it on here, Tumblr, etc.

Congrats on 10,000 posts! But anyways, I can see why it wouldn't be in a thread. And I'm such a completionist that I would have to use all 600-someodd Pokemon. (I was about to put 493...)

jespoke
March 25th, 2011, 07:57 AM
We could make a thread for all the "Personal challenges" It would be interesting to see how things go in multiple unique challenges

By the way: Do i get the Single monotype master title, if i beat all types on Leaf Green (Needs a reason to do a run on an emulator)

myrrhman
March 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
We could make a thread for all the "Personal challenges" It would be interesting to see how things go in multiple unique challenges

By the way: Do i get the Single monotype master title, if i beat all types on Leaf Green (Needs a reason to do a run on an emulator)

I sorta like that idea. There are lots of times that people make a post in here saying "this is a cool idea" but it has kinks in it. They should do it first by themselves and they could post it on the personal challenge, then if people see them doing that and say "HAY THAT LOOKS KEWL" then it could transform into its own thread. Also ambitious people like myself could have like 15 spoilers or something, each with its own type of challenge.

Also yes, if you beat all 15-17 types on FR/LG then you will be awarded the Sungle Monotype Master title.

Dixie Kong
March 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I think a thread for recording all that would just get cluttery though, since people would be doing different things. idk, I say just post it to Tumblr, lj, or something. :( It would be an odd thread to keep track of.

Edit: Oh God I didn't double post!!

Enigma
March 26th, 2011, 09:18 PM
I was always secretly wishing for some sort of thread where there would be a list of people in the first post, and it would have a spoiler for each that shows which challenges they have completed, or something. Although I'm sure that this has been talked about before.

vaporeon7
March 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I would like that also. But then there would be so many names. Maybe you have to do a certain amount of challenges before you can have your name on the list. I just post what challenges I've done in my About Me section of my profile.

myrrhman
March 26th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I would like that also. But then there would be so many names. Maybe you have to do a certain amount of challenges before you can have your name on the list. I just post what challenges I've done in my About Me section of my profile.
This. Chances are, people aren't going to be wondering "oh hey, I wonder what challenges this one random person has done, if any!". They're going to be wondering, "oh hey, I wonder what all challenges this person who is here all the time has done." In order for a person to want to look someone up in this "index" if it was made, they would have to be pretty familiar on the challenge board. I'd say keep the number of challenges needed pretty low, like 3-5. I don't think too terribly many people have done that many challenges. Plus, for some of us, one little sig just is not enough space for all of our accomplishments!

jdthebud
March 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Plus, for some of us, one little sig just is not enough space for all of our accomplishments!
You'll notice my sig has "Select" completed challenges - I've done too many, although some of them have died :(
I also like my solo userbars lol

Enigma
March 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
This. Chances are, people aren't going to be wondering "oh hey, I wonder what challenges this one random person has done, if any!". They're going to be wondering, "oh hey, I wonder what all challenges this person who is here all the time has done." In order for a person to want to look someone up in this "index" if it was made, they would have to be pretty familiar on the challenge board. I'd say keep the number of challenges needed pretty low, like 3-5. I don't think too terribly many people have done that many challenges. Plus, for some of us, one little sig just is not enough space for all of our accomplishments!

My About Me section is huge because of all of my challenges in there. Huge. I do agree with what you two have said, though. It would be kinda pointless if someone came here, did one challenge, and never came back again. I'm sure that's happened before, too.
Heck, maybe someone could receive an award at the end of the year or something for 'most challenges completed' or something? Of course, if that were to happen, we should probably only count challenges done that year, otherwise the same person might win every year.

myrrhman
March 26th, 2011, 10:27 PM
That would be a cool idea. But you better hurry, jd and I are running out of monotypes...

Enigma
March 26th, 2011, 11:02 PM
That would be a cool idea. But you better hurry, jd and I are running out of monotypes...
IDK if I can catch up to you two at this point, especially with school being quite demanding lately.
But if anything, maybe I could get ahead of you guys on solo challenges? ;)

jespoke
March 27th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I like the idea of the "greatest challengers" list where the persons who have done the most challenges are mentioned with the challenges they have done. Maybe even in order of how many challenges they have done.
How do you like that?

mondays suck
March 27th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Nah, I don't like it. Because it would mean me constantly falling down due to being lazy. :D

11wildy
March 27th, 2011, 03:34 AM
how about the random challenge challenge. You get assigned a random challenge by the owner of the thread. You could say if you want monotype, or anything and even whether you want it easy or hard. It would be cool for people who don't know what challenge to take. :)

myrrhman
March 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Nah, I don't like it. Because it would mean me constantly falling down due to being lazy. :D
Meh, I don't think it should be a ranking system, just sort of a list of the more accomplished challengers. There would be no 'falling down' for you to do.
how about the random challenge challenge. You get assigned a random challenge by the owner of the thread. You could say if you want monotype, or anything and even whether you want it easy or hard. It would be cool for people who don't know what challenge to take. :)
That'd be better if you just asked for a challenge in here. I think its kind of pointless to have a challenge thread where you have to go to another challenge thread to do it.

vaporeon7
March 27th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Okay, I think I need a new challenge that I can do on my computer so I was thinking of a Normal Monotype on Silver.
My Planned Team:
Furret
Aipom
Smeargle
Pidgeot
Miltank
Dunsparce
So what do you guys think?

jespoke
March 27th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I would never think of using aipom over girafarig, but if you like aipom more, go for it :)

myrrhman
March 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Okay, I think I need a new challenge that I can do on my computer so I was thinking of a Normal Monotype on Silver.
My Planned Team:
Furret
Aipom
Smeargle
Pidgeot
Miltank
Dunsparce
So what do you guys think?
I mean, if you're into using 6 Pokemon, then that's all right. Buuuuuuuut, you really just need Pidgeot, Tauros, and Wigglytuff (Ice/Fire/Thunderpunch and Psychic)

jdthebud
March 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I mean, if you're into using 6 Pokemon, then that's all right. Buuuuuuuut, you really just need Pidgeot, Tauros, and Wigglytuff (Ice/Fire/Thunderpunch and Psychic)
Milktank > Tauros b/c of Rollout.
and Clefable > Wigglytuff. Clefable has better stats, and learns Ice/Thunder Punch, although evolving Cleffa (from Odd Egg) can be a pain. Ofc, you need Crystal for Clefairy.

vaporeon7
March 27th, 2011, 01:20 PM
and Clefable > Wigglytuff. Clefable has better stats, and learns Ice/Thunder Punch, although evolving Cleffa (from Odd Egg) can be a pain. Ofc, you need Crystal for Clefairy.

I'm mostly just choosing Pokemon I like. That way the challenge will be funner. I'd better name the Aipom Klippy for Syd shouldn't I? I might use Wigglytuff instead of Dunsparce because they are hard to find.

myrrhman
March 27th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Meh, I'd take 20 more Atk and a little speed over extra HP/Def and Rollout.

Dixie Kong
March 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm mostly just choosing Pokemon I like. That way the challenge will be funner. I'd better name the Aipom Klippy for Syd shouldn't I? I might use Wigglytuff instead of Dunsparce because they are hard to find.

lmao, I wouldn't do that. XD; I only do that cause he's my best friend and that's his favorite Pokemon. Besides, it'd be weird to run around using a Pokemon named after someone you don't know. :x

myrrhman
March 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
So does it automatically make you double post whenever you try to post? Because that's no good.

Dixie Kong
March 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Essentially, yes. That's why you don't see me post around GPGD a lot now, because my internet is slow, and it'll take me like...7 minutes before I can even delete it. Locking threads is just awful. :( Gotta wait on my post to go through...gotta wait on the lock to go through, then delete the double post, then the "reason for deletion" thing has to load and fffffffff. Hate it.

Edit: Whoa it didn't do it for once!

thenickel09
March 27th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I thought of an obscure idea for a challenge, called the Evolution Line Challenge, where you use Pokemon from only one family (e.g. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur), but I feel like it would be too tempting to just solo once you get the final form. Plus, for Eevee we'd have 8 Pokemon to choose from, and it almost feels like a Duo/Trispecies just using Pokemon from one family, so.....yeah.

Any thoughts? :D

Gulpin
March 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Essentially, yes. That's why you don't see me post around GPGD a lot now, because my internet is slow, and it'll take me like...7 minutes before I can even delete it. Locking threads is just awful. :( Gotta wait on my post to go through...gotta wait on the lock to go through, then delete the double post, then the "reason for deletion" thing has to load and fffffffff. Hate it.

Edit: Whoa it didn't do it for once!

Could you suggest the higher staff to move you into a new group with the same settings as the mod group, just without the ability to post more than once within 60 seconds? Because if it takes so long just before the next page loads then it shouldn't be much of a difference.

Alternative
March 27th, 2011, 09:10 PM
this place really need more love from me, doesn't it. <3

I'm actually thinking of my own challenge, which I want to do on my own. A subway challenge in Black and White. Pretty much I'd have people choose a team for me, which I will then obtain and EV train and stuff, and see how far I can go with that team. I would have no restrictions on what I can and can't train, except mostly from Unova and stuff, and people would choose what thing I'd have to go through as well. :)

Either that, or try and play through a game before I finish off a subway sandwich. Either one works for me. :D

Enigma
March 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM
this place really need more love from me, doesn't it. <3

I'm actually thinking of my own challenge, which I want to do on my own. A subway challenge in Black and White. Pretty much I'd have people choose a team for me, which I will then obtain and EV train and stuff, and see how far I can go with that team. I would have no restrictions on what I can and can't train, except mostly from Unova and stuff, and people would choose what thing I'd have to go through as well. :)

Either that, or try and play through a game before I finish off a subway sandwich. Either one works for me. :D

Both at the same time? :D
Just remembered spring break is this month. Oh dear challenges, I will get back to you soon~

Maelstromk
March 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
a friend and I were recently discussing what would be a good way to replay through Blue, and my friend suggjested, "Why not try to make a runthrough, where thorough whatever means nessiary, try to have you Pokedex the least filled as possible." and I replied "even the seen rate" and he went, "Yeah, it wouldn't be much of challenge if it was just capture rate, you'd just be soloing with your starter"
/story

So I was wondering if that would be a good idea for a challenge the "Anti-Pokedex" Challenge or something simular

vaporeon7
March 27th, 2011, 10:44 PM
a friend and I were recently discussing what would be a good way to replay through Blue, and my friend suggjested, "Why not try to make a runthrough, where thorough whatever means nessiary, try to have you Pokedex the least filled as possible." and I replied "even the seen rate" and he went, "Yeah, it wouldn't be much of challenge if it was just capture rate, you'd just be soloing with your starter"
/story

So I was wondering if that would be a good idea for a challenge the "Anti-Pokedex" Challenge or something simular

You could perhaps make it so that if you have seen a certain amount of Pokemon you fail. That would make it hard.

Maelstromk
March 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Well I was thinking on a board like this, it could become a challenge with like Lowest Score Possible thing, Cause you'd have to discourage as many encounters as possible, and STILL beat the game (I guess I forgot to mention that in the first post)

LaureTheLoner
March 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I guess I've always been into challenges because in the community I use to come from we created a Pokemon tourney that almost played like like a tabletop rpg, and it was after I read the Hunger Games which I was completely obsessed with.

In a nutshell 2 tributes were picked, they'd battle each other with teams based on themes (kinda like the challenges here) and if you win, you get points, if you lose you lose points. The names of players are in order of how many points you get, also the winner is allowed to give more points to their allies and take away from an enemy. Every round I roll dice, and if it rolls on a 3 the person with the lowest score is kicked out of the tournament. There were other things like an item shop and the dice also rolled out cool events. It pretty much turned into an rpg by the end of it

I was thinking of something cool like this for an actual game challenge, but everything I come up with is too complex that I don't know how to understand >:

Alternative
March 28th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I'm not sure I understand this, but on a general idea (correct me if I'm wrong), I think you're saying that maybe a challenge which you must do depending on what other users tell you to do?

I'm just thinking, but maybe a challenge, where you have to update at certain places, and you can't play on until you're given instructions on what to do next or something. Like say you're playing Black/White and you're updating at the Mistralton City, let's say your instructions are that as soon as you enter the next cave, that you're not allowed to exit that cave until you have at least seen a Cryogonal or something. It would be difficult tasks, like the example would be that, but you have to battle every single Pokemon you find, you're not allowed to exit the cave for any reason unless you black out or something like that.

LaureTheLoner
March 28th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah like someone else playing Dungeon Master to your pokemon quest somehow lol

Gulpin
March 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
/story

One problem would be people just buying repels and using them to get through routes/caves.

jdthebud
March 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
One problem would be people just buying repels and using them to get through routes/caves.
actually, if you fought all the trainers, the pokemon would be seen anyway, so if you avoided trainers and just fought wild pokemon, there would end up being less seen then.

Gulpin
March 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
actually, if you fought all the trainers, the pokemon would be seen anyway, so if you avoided trainers and just fought wild pokemon, there would end up being less seen then.

True.

Maybe there could be a challenge where you use Gen 1-4 games and can only use Pokemon that received evolutions in later generations. So your team could consist of, for example, Scyther, Electabuzz, and Magmar, and many others. Yea, neigh?

myrrhman
March 28th, 2011, 05:53 PM
if you win, you get points, if you lose you lose points.
I like this part. Its sounding like our event that we talked about possibly planning sometime in the future.
True.

Maybe there could be a challenge where you use Gen 1-4 games and can only use Pokemon that received evolutions in later generations. So your team could consist of, for example, Scyther, Electabuzz, and Magmar, and many others. Yea, neigh?
I dunno... I mean, it could work, but it just seems like another same old challenge, where you beat the game with Pokemon that fall under (insert restriction here). It just seems like the same as an Egg Group, Habitat, Animal (where you could only use cats, etc.) challenge. Yeah its another way to beat the game but its not really that different, if you get what I mean.

Sorry if this sounds mean and stuff, just coming off a long day of classes that ended half an hour ago (9:15 PM). Constructive criticism is good though.

Gulpin
March 28th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I like this part. Its sounding like our event that we talked about possibly planning sometime in the future.

I dunno... I mean, it could work, but it just seems like another same old challenge, where you beat the game with Pokemon that fall under (insert restriction here). It just seems like the same as an Egg Group, Habitat, Animal (where you could only use cats, etc.) challenge. Yeah its another way to beat the game but its not really that different, if you get what I mean.

Sorry if this sounds mean and stuff, just coming off a long day of classes that ended half an hour ago (9:15 PM). Constructive criticism is good though.

I see, but it is still a challenge nonetheless. Isn't that what challenges are about? I see what you mean, but I don't see why just because using restrictions is a challenge, just like a monotype restricts you to one type.

myrrhman
March 28th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I see, but it is still a challenge nonetheless. Isn't that what challenges are about? I see what you mean, but I don't see why just because using restrictions is a challenge, just like a monotype restricts you to one type.
See, I wish I was better at talking when I'm tired. I definitely agree that it would be a challenge, in fact, I would do it if it stayed up for long enough (After I finish all the Monotypes, I'm going to do all of the other challenges at least once, I think. Shouldn't take that long...).

The curse of the monotype is that it is sort of the bar for challenges. I know that at least for me, and I certainly can't speak for all challengers here, but I always look at a challenge and think, "would I have more fun doing this challenge or doing a monotype/solo/nuzlocke." Because there's no point in doing a challenge if you don't have fun. Unfortunately, I usually would have more fun doing one of the popular ones. I really don't even know why. Its probably not that way for most of the challengers. Maybe I just am an exception in feeling that most challenges are sort of dull.

The monotype is so different because you are so weak to something I guess. It's the perfect balance between difficulty, time, and fun.

Tl;dr: I don't know why I like monotypes so much, and I'm just throwing my two cents in. Also I'd do the challenge, I'm just concerned about a lot of other people doing it.

Maelstromk
March 28th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Constructive criticism is good though.[/s]

well I kinda saw the suggjestion as breaking away from it, it doesn't matter how you do it, or with what pokemon, (ex. trying to reduce encounter rate by repel or turning the game off and on agian, only doing wild battles and avoiding trainers, vice-verca)

I mean I get the fact it's a rather "open" thing, but I kinda like it that way, I just wish I could construct it with rules and things to make it from becoming too easy/hard, which is why I came to the C&ID (If this wasn't about my suggjestion, then I misread, in which case, ignore me and carry on as you like ^_^)

Alternative
March 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Monotypes are really fun and all, but the worst part about them are that there are those types which are quite hard, and those types which are quite easy, due to their diversity with other typing. I mean look at say, the Flying type. There's so much diversity with Water, Bug, Fire, Ground and pretty much another type which will really help you along the way. Struggling against Wattson for flying? Get a Gligar on your team! Some other types, such as Grass which don't have many secondary types, would be much harder.

Also, I do have a few challenges which would be fun in mind, but not really worthy of a thread, except maybe one for say, independence day. Pretty much like the St. Patrick's Day one, except different things depending on the challenge. So something like this.
- For the American Flag's red, you must choose a Red Pokemon
- For blue, a blue Pokemon.
- White for White Pokemon.
- For fireworks, a Pokemon which learns Selfdestruct/Explosion via level
- For popular picnics, a Pokemon which learns Stockpile via level.

Something like that, and that sort of challenge could vary for different themes as well.

jdthebud
March 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
See, I wish I was better at talking when I'm tired. I definitely agree that it would be a challenge, in fact, I would do it if it stayed up for long enough (After I finish all the Monotypes, I'm going to do all of the other challenges at least once, I think. Shouldn't take that long...).

The curse of the monotype is that it is sort of the bar for challenges. I know that at least for me, and I certainly can't speak for all challengers here, but I always look at a challenge and think, "would I have more fun doing this challenge or doing a monotype/solo/nuzlocke." Because there's no point in doing a challenge if you don't have fun. Unfortunately, I usually would have more fun doing one of the popular ones. I really don't even know why. Its probably not that way for most of the challengers. Maybe I just am an exception in feeling that most challenges are sort of dull.

The monotype is so different because you are so weak to something I guess. It's the perfect balance between difficulty, time, and fun.

Tl;dr: I don't know why I like monotypes so much, and I'm just throwing my two cents in. Also I'd do the challenge, I'm just concerned about a lot of other people doing it.
Here's what I see about monotypes: The variety that is involved is amazing, and the freedom you have (mostly - the less common types aside) is what makes the challenge so fun for me. You have the opportunity to use pokemon you have never used before. Throw in the perfect combination of the ultimate challenge, and the bar is set.

I feel that because just doing monotypes includes so much variety and fun, yet is not overly difficult, other challenges (solo and Nozlockes aside) just can't match up over time. Most people the other challenges once and then never do it again, whereas there are so many monotypes possible that people keep coming back, and Nuzlockes are an Experience.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

I actually think that this new Seasons challenge is one of the better ones I've seen in a while - even better than the Username one, which I enjoyed a lot, but which lacks the repetitive aspect that Monotypes and Nuzlockes do. The Season one is something I think has the potential to have more repetition.

myrrhman
March 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
well I kinda saw the suggjestion as breaking away from it, it doesn't matter how you do it, or with what pokemon, (ex. trying to reduce encounter rate by repel or turning the game off and on agian, only doing wild battles and avoiding trainers, vice-verca)

I mean I get the fact it's a rather "open" thing, but I kinda like it that way, I just wish I could construct it with rules and things to make it from becoming too easy/hard, which is why I came to the C&ID (If this wasn't about my suggjestion, then I misread, in which case, ignore me and carry on as you like ^_^)Nope, you just misread.

Monotypes are really fun and all, but the worst part about them are that there are those types which are quite hard, and those types which are quite easy, due to their diversity with other typing. I mean look at say, the Flying type. There's so much diversity with Water, Bug, Fire, Ground and pretty much another type which will really help you along the way. Struggling against Wattson for flying? Get a Gligar on your team! Some other types, such as Grass which don't have many secondary types, would be much harder.

Also, I do have a few challenges which would be fun in mind, but not really worthy of a thread, except maybe one for say, independence day. Pretty much like the St. Patrick's Day one, except different things depending on the challenge. So something like this.
- For the American Flag's red, you must choose a Red Pokemon
- For blue, a blue Pokemon.
- White for White Pokemon.
- For fireworks, a Pokemon which learns Selfdestruct/Explosion via level
- For popular picnics, a Pokemon which learns Stockpile via level.

Something like that, and that sort of challenge could vary for different themes as well.Grass is actually what I'm doing now! Gotta finish this St. Patty's Challenge before Friday at midnight...

Also, yeah, I can see that happening around july. Its basically the same shmeal as the seasons sort of, from what I can tell.

Here's what I see about monotypes: The variety that is involved is amazing, and the freedom you have (mostly - the less common types aside) is what makes the challenge so fun for me. You have the opportunity to use pokemon you have never used before. Throw in the perfect combination of the ultimate challenge, and the bar is set.

I feel that because just doing monotypes includes so much variety and fun, yet is not overly difficult, other challenges (solo and Nozlockes aside) just can't match up over time. Most people the other challenges once and then never do it again, whereas there are so many monotypes possible that people keep coming back, and Nuzlockes are an Experience.

Anyway, thats my two cents.

I actually think that this new Seasons challenge is one of the better ones I've seen in a while - even better than the Username one, which I enjoyed a lot, but which lacks the repetitive aspect that Monotypes and Nuzlockes do. The Season one is something I think has the potential to have more repetition.
Well, Jd nailed what I was trying to say. It also makes you use Pokemon you wouldn't a lot of the time, especially if you're doing an Ultimate Ultimate Monotype, which is the new name for what Jd and I are doing. I done declared it now.

One thing you guys should know about me, if you haven't figured it out yet, is that I am very very very competitive. I play a lot of games with friends and/or family (board, card, video, don't care), and I love playing them. That doesn't mean that I like showing off, I really just like the actual game playing. So, you hopefully can understand how I would prefer a challenge like what someone said last page and i'm calling the team point challenge (split into teams, you get points awarded to your team based on doing certain stuff, you lose points for doing certain stuff) over only use pokemon that evolve in a later game.

And now for my attempt to revive a super awesome challenge. It was called the "Triple Trigen Monotype Master Challenge". Sorta is a combo challenge.

Rules:
1. You may only use three Pokemon (trio challenge)
2. They have to share a type (monotype challenge)
3. They have to all be from different generations, so you can only do it RSE and on (I did it on Platinum and had a blast)
4. The challenge has a lot of requirements- you have to do the following:
- Defeat the Elite Four (twice if they get tougher the second time)
- Catch (not kill) every single legendary available in your game. Obviously, if you're doing Emerald, you can't catch Deoxys, but you still have to catch those annoying roamers.
- Get every single frontier symbol (just silver, not gold)
- Win at least one (something, don't remember) rank contest with each of your Pokemon. I can't remember if its a single Master, or a Normal in every type or what. Its something like that.

This challenge got shut down after everyone thought it was too hard. Would there be any takers?

Gulpin
March 29th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I see what you mean about monotypes, and I wasn't trying to shoot them down, but I was just suggesting something that had just crossed me mind.

Oh, and I'm very interested in the seasons challenge. Right now I am going through and deciding on teams for each season to decide which to do first. I havn't posted in the thread yet though..

thenickel09
March 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
And now for my attempt to revive a super awesome challenge. It was called the "Triple Trigen Monotype Master Challenge". Sorta is a combo challenge.

Rules:
3. They have to all be from different generations, so you can only do it RSE and on (I did it on Platinum and had a blast)
- Catch (not kill) every single legendary available in your game. Obviously, if you're doing Emerald, you can't catch Deoxys, but you still have to catch those annoying roamers.
- Win at least one (something, don't remember) rank contest with each of your Pokemon. I can't remember if its a single Master, or a Normal in every type or what. Its something like that.

This challenge got shut down after everyone thought it was too hard. Would there be any takers?

Well, I would certainly make an attempt at this, however...

Depending on the game (unless you have to play a game with the Battle Frontier) you will have one less task to accomplish. Plus, the catching all legendaries rule irks me...I don't really know why, but it does. I mean its not because its hard, don't get me wrong, but something puts me off.

Otherwise I would definitely make an attempt. (Would hacking Pokemon in be allowed :P?)

vaporeon7
March 30th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I think a challenge in which you don't have to restart your game would be good so what about a challenge involving contests. (yes I know its been done before)
-Pokemon R/S/E only-

The rules:
-You must choose a moveset.
-You must choose 5 different Pokemon (from different evolution lines) that can learn that moveset.
-You must complete each contest with a different Pokemon and have their paintings offered to be done.
-All Pokemon must have the chosen moveset.
-Challenge is done when a painting has been done of each of your Pokemon.

What do you people think?

Alternative
March 30th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm not sure about teh contest challenge idea. It doesn't really seem like the type of challenge people would play, since Contests aren't the main focus of Pokemon. I mean, if you could choose to be a Pokemon Coordinator, then that'd be an awesome challenge. :)

I was thinking of another challenge, which would have been my first white challenge, but I decided to expand it. I would call it the Sonata ♪/Tra la la ♪ challenge. Simply put, all of your Pokemon would have to learn at least 3 sound-based moves, and keep them throughout your entire challenge. But that would mean just using Pokemon which can learn Growl, but if you want to make it harder, you could only use Pokemon which have "singing" moves, like Sing, Hyper Voice, Uproar etc.

Hacki101
March 30th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I have an idea that I think could be quite exciting!

In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon any type (If you have caught Sigilyph you cant have Emolga) and if it faints you can never use that type again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely!

Basically here are the rules:

1) You can only use one Pokemon of each type
2) If your Pokemon faints it is released/ boxed forever
3) If your Pokemon dies you cannot replace it with another of the same type
4) Game over if all your Pokemon die
5) No legends

Optional rules:

1) If your Pokemon dies you cannot use the same type MOVES as the Pokemon that died ever again
2) You can only have 10 types
3) NO HM slaves unless you cannot get past the object with any of your Pokemon
4) You must train 6 Pokemon equally in your team once you have assembled it (recommended)
5) If a Pokemon of dual typing faints you may choose 1 of the types to eliminate instead of both

What do you guys think? Any suggestions to make it better?

jespoke
March 30th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I like the concept, but i don't think dual types should count as both their types, as with only using single types, its already limited. Remember you already only have 15-17 pokemon, where a Nuzlocke gives you 20-40 random ones.

You could make dual types count as a set one of their types, or leave it up to the challenger with type he wants to use it as.

+ No legend as a actual rule

myrrhman
March 30th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I like the concept, but i don't think dual types should count as both their types, as with only using single types, its already limited. Remember you already only have 15-17 pokemon, where a Nuzlocke gives you 20-40 random ones.

You could make dual types count as a set one of their types, or leave it up to the challenger with type he wants to use it as.

Yeah, I like these additions. i think what you're trying to say is: if you use an Emonga or whatever its called, and it faints, you then choose if you want him to count as your electric or flying type. You may then use another of the other type (if you count him as flying, you can use a Zebstrika).

I also don't really like the moveset rule, because around the end of the game, I usually have Pokemon that have four different types of moves, and sometimes if they're dual type I only have one move that matches one of their types. That knocks out 1/3 of the types if he faints. Other than that, I like it.

On second thought, it really doesn't matter for me, because if there is any part of the challenge about releasing Pokemon that faint, I always overlevel them so that they can't ever faint.

Hacki101
March 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM

I think it would be best incorporated as an optional rule if you find it too limiting. It kind of takes away the point of the challenge in my opinion as when you lose the Pokemon you should lose the type.

As for the legend rule, I agree and will edit the post.

*EDIT* Myrhhman, you could disregard that rule as it is optional! It is there for anyone who wants an extra challenge.

Thank you for your thoughts

Gulpin
March 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I have an idea that I think could be quite exciting!

In this challenge you can only ever have 1 Pokemon any type (If you have caught Sigilyph you cant have Emolga) and if it faints you can never use that type again! You must battle through each game to completion (E4 Champion or Red) without having all your types eliminated. Choose your Pokemon wisely!

Basically here are the rules:

1) You can only use one Pokemon of each type
2) If your Pokemon faints it is released/ boxed forever
3) If your Pokemon dies you cannot replace it with another of the same type
4) Game over if all your Pokemon die
5) No legends

Optional rules:

1) If your Pokemon dies you cannot use the same type MOVES as the Pokemon that died ever again
2) You can only have 10 types
3) NO HM slaves unless you cannot get past the object with any of your Pokemon
4) You must train 6 Pokemon equally in your team once you have assembled it (recommended)
5) If a Pokemon of dual typing faints you may choose 1 of the types to eliminate instead of both

What do you guys think? Any suggestions to make it better?

I really like this idea. It would be fun to keep track and to see if you can get through the game. I would probably add a rule for myself saying that you can't grind past a certain level if you are before a certain part (like your Pokemon can't be leveled higher than the Gym Leader's Pokemon).

myrrhman
March 30th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I really like this idea. It would be fun to keep track and to see if you can get through the game. I would probably add a rule for myself saying that you can't grind past a certain level if you are before a certain part (like your Pokemon can't be leveled higher than the Gym Leader's Pokemon).
Oh then it would be a challenge for me too.

Porygon Z
March 31st, 2011, 02:32 AM
Gosh, finally I can be back.
With Internet problems and school, I really had a few hours for myself, and I've played Black over and over :D
Hope I can stay for a while this time!

So, I think I'll start some B/W challenges...

And I bring you an idea for a new one!

The Hardest Challenge

In this challenge, you have make your way through all the game (also post-game stuff) with Pokèmon not very effective (as much as possible) on any Trainer or Gym Leader you meet!

So, if you're against Elesa, say, you have to use a Water-type.

It's really hard, I know, but it could be interesting and also a way to train Pokèmon you've never trained before. Requires also a lot of grinding :D
I've tried it, and it was really funny, maybe more long then I've excepted, but it was worth it.
And I think I would allow to hack, just not Legends :P

What do you say? Too hard for you? ;)

Alternative
March 31st, 2011, 04:29 AM
Maybe I interpreted that wrongly, but I thought you meant a not-very effective challenge, where you would have to only use Pokemon which are not very effective against the gym leaders, so fightng against Elesa, you would have to use a Flying, or Steel type, since their moves are weakened against Elesa's Pokemon.

Alpha_Spike
March 31st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Nope, you just misread.

Grass is actually what I'm doing now! Gotta finish this St. Patty's Challenge before Friday at midnight...

Also, yeah, I can see that happening around july. Its basically the same shmeal as the seasons sort of, from what I can tell.

Well, Jd nailed what I was trying to say. It also makes you use Pokemon you wouldn't a lot of the time, especially if you're doing an Ultimate Ultimate Monotype, which is the new name for what Jd and I are doing. I done declared it now.

One thing you guys should know about me, if you haven't figured it out yet, is that I am very very very competitive. I play a lot of games with friends and/or family (board, card, video, don't care), and I love playing them. That doesn't mean that I like showing off, I really just like the actual game playing. So, you hopefully can understand how I would prefer a challenge like what someone said last page and i'm calling the team point challenge (split into teams, you get points awarded to your team based on doing certain stuff, you lose points for doing certain stuff) over only use pokemon that evolve in a later game.

Rules:

Hey thanks for trying to revive my challenge :D Its good to know others besides me enjoyed the challenge. I'm actually working on some new ones at the moment, that can in corporate the 5th gen games as well.

myrrhman
March 31st, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hey thanks for trying to revive my challenge :D Its good to know crazys besides me enjoyed the challenge. I'm actually working on some new ones at the moment, that can in corporate the 5th gen Blankets as well.

I did really enjoy playing my Platinum Blanket that way. And battleing the frontier was pretty fun too. Take that, applesauce filter.

Edit: Got three in one post.

Dixie Kong
March 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM
I should probably play my HeartGold game. Also, how are you guys liking my Reshiram theme? I made Furnace a matching Zekrom theme and I think we look really good! Especially when post post after each other. I should go welcome new members in Furnace's forum! That sounds like a lot of fun! Let's keep this discussion going! Challenges are so fun! AGONY!!!!!

Phew. Enough of that. But really, just coming here to let y'all know that if you haven't finished the event, you have a little over an hour to post your final update, otherwise you don't get your emblem! ...Oooops, didn't escape that one, did I?

Exile
March 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Wordfilters? I am dissapoint. If we were going to have word censors, THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER could have at least originated from Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal version. Anyhow, to keep this post relevant, I've been playing HeartGold version quite a bit, lately, so expect and update or two on my run, in the future.
EDIT: Blanket=/Version? Alas, my theory has been foiled.

Alpha_Spike
March 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
I did really enjoy playing my Platinum Blanket that way. And Arresting the frontier was pretty fun too. Take that, applesauce filter.

Edit: Got three in one post.

If you want to help just PM or VM me to set up some good challenges like the trigen.

Dixie Kong
March 31st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Slowpoke is supposed to be Yedong and critical hit is supposed to be hit to key. Trust me, I helped with that list.

I am no longer your moderator, sorry. I mod Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum...gross. >:(

myrrhman
April 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
So who's our new mod, Syd?

Dixie Kong
April 1st, 2011, 09:33 AM
You're stuck with Erik. He smells nice, watches Ru Paul, and he's fabulous. idk how you're gunna survive.

I'm stuck modding Cherrims. >:o Go post in there and make a big scene, I need something to do. :(

Exile
April 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
Ah, Erik, he smells a bit too rosy for this forum. I say the best course of action, would be to give him a session with 560cool, he smells funny.

chaos11011
April 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Noooo, but Sydian is the best mod. ever created D:

Why couldn't Erik mod D/P/Pt, don't you have a say in this? I mean, I assume that your happy modering here, so why can't you continue doing what you love?

myrrhman
April 1st, 2011, 01:08 PM
I think Syd requested someone else to take over because of how many threads keep getting made over and over with challenge ideas when people clearly didn't read the rules for making chalenges or something. Syd made the rules thing as sort of a last resort thing, and it didn't really work. I think Eric might have more patience, maybe? Idk.

Dixie Kong
April 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Oh Lord, I can't wait til I get GPGD back...nothing has happened in DPPt! Except I double posted. That's one good thing about not modding Challenges is that I don't double post in this thread...:) But I also can't lol at any unapproved challenges, and that's sad...Erik can though.

Exile
April 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
I did some pretty cool stuff in DPPt, once upon a time. I did, however, get bored of it after a while.

Alternative
April 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
I never really visited D/P/Pt at all, except for that one time I wrote a guide for it, and it wasn't even for the games. Well it was, but I didn't even create the thread in said forum area. :/

Enigma
April 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Well, I think I'll be finally posting that Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge, as well as doing some challenges. :D Like some solos.

chaos11011
April 2nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
How about some N challenge?

-You must liberate your Pokemon after every gym badge.
-After doing so you must capture, 6 new party members, those members must be used to beat the next gym
-If any of your Pokemon faint it is dead, and must be liberated.
-No re-battling trainers, unless the story requires it.
-No fighting wild pokemon, they are your friends.
-You must catch the legendary pokemon of the game, and challenge the elite four with it. It cannot die, and it must be in your party at all times. Kanto = Mewtwo if your were wondering....

Enigma
April 2nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
How about some N challenge?

-You must liberate your Pokemon every gym badge.
-After doing so you must capture, 6 new party members, those must members must be used to beat the next gym
-If any of your Pokemon faint it is dead, and must be liberated.
-No re-battling trainers, unless the story requires it.
-No fighting wild pokemon, they are your friends.
-You must catch the legendary pokemon of the game, and challenge the elite four with it. It cannot die, and it must be in your party at all times. Kanto = Mewtwo if your were wondering....

Sounds pretty difficult. One thing though, you can't get Mewtwo until after the E4. Unless you meant the challenge in Kanto games ends with defeating the E4 a second time?

Alternative
April 2nd, 2011, 04:47 PM
I dunno about that N challenge. It seems awfully familiar with that City to City challenge if you ask me. Or at least, the same thing, except it seems like you have more freedom in the Pokemon you can use at least. :o

chaos11011
April 2nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Yes exactly, you would have to re-fight the Elite Four, or I can make the Legendary Pokemon be Articuno, Zapdos or Moltes, and you would have to use one of them.

@Alt: It is the City to City challenge fused with the Nuzlocke challenge. But with more difficulty like no grinding (because you can't fight Wild Pokemon nor re-battle trainers) and after you liberate the Pokemon, you must capture 6 more team members, and some how use them in battle, without training them before hand. That sounds pretty difficult, even more so in B/W since that Level Jump after the E4 and you must catch 6 more members, plus the chance of dying.

jespoke
April 3rd, 2011, 03:51 AM
I get the idea, except the "If a pokemon faints, its dead" with i don't see fitting N (I beat the E4 for the 1. time today, and he doesn't strike me as a person who would release a pokemon because it loses a battle)

jdthebud
April 3rd, 2011, 08:09 AM
I get the idea, except the "If a pokemon faints, its dead" with i don't see fitting N (I beat the E4 for the 1. time today, and he doesn't strike me as a person who would release a pokemon because it loses a battle)
Well, N uses completely different teams each time you fight him (except for Klink -> Klinklang), so that might actually fit. So switching the teams after each gym is good, and the releasing when fainting is more of a standard rule for this kind of challenge I think, although I see your point. Maybe N would see it as if it faints, it wants to be free?

chaos11011
April 3rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Well, N uses completely different teams each time you fight him (except for Klink -> Klinklang), so that might actually fit. So switching the teams after each gym is good, and the releasing when fainting is more of a standard rule for this kind of challenge I think, although I see your point. Maybe N would see it as if it faints, it wants to be free?

Exactly, N is't the person to see a Pokemon suffer, so he releases it.

jespoke
April 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Oh, well, you've got a good argument there, fine with me too now.

Porygon Z
April 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Since my last idea wasn't kinda approved, I came up with another idea, same hardness, and maybe a bit more annoying, but you can have POWERFUL Pokèmon for your games, if you're used to play challenges on originals :D

The EVs challenge.

1. Every member of your team MUST have at least a stat (the one you prefer) at Max EVs.
2. You can have every Pokèmon you want, not Legendaries.
3. You can hack if you need, but in the 1st Route.
4. You can also hack the Power items.
5. Breeding and Egg Moves are allowed.

What do you think?

Dixie Kong
April 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
EVing for a challenge sounds like...not really a challenge. That'd be like just normal EV training, but with a few restrictions.

Weavile05
April 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
After Finally getting back to my UMC Normal, I defeated Red with a team of Level 55s. That Snorlax was a pain the kiester. But I finally got lucky with Dynamic Punch.

I kinda like the sound of the N challenge, but maybe take out the no fighting wild pokemon rule. That would just make it a bit too challenging.

myrrhman
April 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
I personally like the idea of challenges having optional rules. The 'No Wild Battles' rule for the N challenge would make a great optional rule.

And I agree with Syd... EV challenge sounds almost.. easier than normal? Because you would focus on EV training Pokemon in stats that they would be better with.

vaporeon7
April 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
I'm actually considering a Hall of Fame challenge on Emerald. But I want to see if Syd says it's worth doing first?

April 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I recently started a nuzlocke challenge. Its going to be in comic form. And its going to be awesome.

Weavile05
April 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Seriously, somebody make that N Challenge. With the no fighting Wild Pokemon as an optional rule. I would love to do that challenge.

Dixie Kong
April 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
You know what's hilarious? Someone did send in an N challenge (sorta) a few weeks ago. But it was deleted because whoever sent it didn't have their sign up in it. ^-^

Alternative
April 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
That is hilarious! XD; People really ought to read the rules a bit more.

There should be a challenge, in which you must have at least 2 of certain Pokemon in your team. These Pokemon should be like Quilava, Smeargle, Furret, Umbreon, Lampent, Petilil etc. :3

vaporeon7
April 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
There should be a challenge, in which you must have at least 2 of certain Pokemon in your team. These Pokemon should be like Quilava, Smeargle, Furret, Umbreon, Lampent, Petilil etc. :3

Listing some of Sydian's favourite Pokemon to get praise? and where can I find a list of rules for the Hall of Fame Challenge Syd?

Alternative
April 4th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Listing some of Sydian's favourite Pokemon to get praise? and where can I find a list of rules for the Hall of Fame Challenge Syd?
Of course not. It could also be called a "weak, but cute" challenge, where you must use weak Pokemon, which are also cute. Maybe some Pokemon like Togetic, Darumaka, Whismur, Omanyte etc.

As for Hall of Fame challenge, I'm pretty sure the only rules is that you must run through the Elite Four with every single Pokemon, or at least their evolved forms. You wouldn't be able to trade/hack or anything, and you'd have to train them from scratch. Also, it's a good idea to make it so people choose your Pokemon through topics you want, like a Dual-type Pokemon, or a Pokemon found in the Dream Yard etc.

Also, Whismur = Vuvuzela for nickname?

vaporeon7
April 5th, 2011, 04:45 AM
As for Hall of Fame challenge, I'm pretty sure the only rules is that you must run through the Elite Four with every single Pokemon, or at least their evolved forms. You wouldn't be able to trade/hack or anything, and you'd have to train them from scratch. Also, it's a good idea to make it so people choose your Pokemon through topics you want, like a Dual-type Pokemon, or a Pokemon found in the Dream Yard etc.

Also, Whismur = Vuvuzela for nickname?

That is a great name for Whismur.

Okay so I posted a blog about the Hall of Fame Challenge which can be found:
HERE~! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=10596)
Please post on there for my team~!

jespoke
April 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Seriously, somebody make that N Challenge. With the no fighting Wild Pokemon as an optional rule. I would love to do that challenge.

I'll make it, cuz i also want this. Checking the rules again, just in case one has slipped my mind.

Dixie Kong
April 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM

lmao no. Trading is totally allowed. ~_~ You can check other rules in my blog. I didn't think other people would pick up on it tbh. But I mean, for those that might be doing it, feel free to customize the rules. I just see no point in raising a new Tyranitar when I have one on Platinum that I poured a ton of work into raising. I want her to be the one I take to the Hall of Fame, not some new T-tar. That's just me though. And yeah, it is evolved forms, unless you want to include all or certain pre-evolutions, like how I included Petilil just because...well, it's Petilil. Why WOULDN'T I include it?

/me tips hat and wanders away to train Magmar and Slowbro

Porygon Z
April 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Here is a new idea of mine!

The Route Challenge

Basically, you can have in your team all the Pokèmon that can be catched in a Route, up to 6 members. For example, if you choose Unova's Route 1, you can have from one to six members between Patrat, Lillipup, Audino, Scraggy, and Basculin (and their evolutive forms).
Obviously, you can't hack, or breed, and you can trade only for evolution purposes.

Dixie Kong
April 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v

Porygon Z
April 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
That'd be hard for if you wanted to get Pokemon from later routes. :o Then you'd have to trade.

Also, I'm so dumb. I clicked on this section and was like "when did I lock those two threads at the to-- oh..." v_v

Oh, right! So, we could allow to hack/trade all the Pokèmon findable in the Unova region, how about it?
They are about 350, if I don't go wrong.

Alternative
April 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P

Dixie Kong
April 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
When I meant no trading for your sexy challenge, Sydian, I meant like, you wouldn't be allowed to trade over a full team, complete and everything for it. That would defeat the purpose of training Pokemon for the Elite Four. You wouldn't trade say, A level 80 Hydreigon and Landorus for you to use for the challenge. :P

Umm, I'm trading a level 83 Tyranitar and Garchomp, when it comes time to use them. I'm not raising another one of those when I've put in a bunch of work on those two already. You shouldn't be barred for using something so overlevel when you did work hard to train it at one point.

Alternative
April 5th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Stop doubleposting -__- I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.

chaos11011
April 6th, 2011, 03:03 AM
I'll make it, cuz i also want this. Checking the rules again, just in case one has slipped my mind.
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

I'll do the Hall of Fame Challenge when I'm done EVing my other pokes :V

vaporeon7
April 6th, 2011, 03:26 AM

What game are you going to do it on?

Oh yeah and all my Pokemon are at least lv45 in mine. When they're level 65 or so I'll challenge the league.

chaos11011
April 6th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Maybe either Black or HeartGold, though I think I'm leaning more to Black because I got more stuff completed and it's a new gen and all :V

jespoke
April 6th, 2011, 05:17 AM
No need, I just did. Now just waiting for Sydian's approval.

Seems we both have it for approval at the same time, i had already made it several hours before that post... Sydian, what is the solution for this kind of problem?

Dixie Kong
April 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Haha, I was just about to mention that. :P I read them both, but approved jespoke's since I thought it explained it better. There was nothing wrong with either challenges though, don't get me wrong. XD I just gotta do what I can. -hides from the watermelon seeds you might pelt at me-

I don't mean you can't trade if you've trained it yourself, but don't trade over Pokemon you didn't even train, or that you just got from someone because you're too lazy to train that Pokemon yourself. That would defeat the purpose of the Hall of Fame challenge, to get lots of Pokemon which other people have trained for just a small thing.

Mmhmm, well you didn't specify that beforehand. No offense, but I'm pretty sure I would know a challenge I made better than someone else unless they were also participating and have been for a while. I'm just saying. /territorial bear mode

A_Creative_Name
April 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM
So here's something I was pondering (and wanted to do). A Glitch Pokemon-only challenge. Kind of like monotype, but the thread for that says no hacking or cheating so :p

(also apologies for any noobishness I have comitted)

Dixie Kong
April 6th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol

LaureTheLoner
April 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.

myrrhman
April 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
ANOTHER RANDOM LAURE IDEA

That I can't participate in because my DS was stolen a year ago D:<

Anyway I've been thinking easter eggs because of the beautiful Spring weather, what about a challenge for the DS games. Where your team is made up from Pokemon that hatched from eggs. The eggs must come from someone else taking part in the challenge, or donated from someone looking at the forum. The catch is the contents of the egg won't be revealed to the challenger until it hatches, and they must finish the game with that Poke. They have to have 6 pokes on their team as well.

Maybe for an added bonus some have to be NFE.

Idk just throwing it out there.
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!

A_Creative_Name
April 6th, 2011, 05:30 PM
The challenge would be trying to beat the E4 before you game breaks from the glitchiness, right? lol

Actually, RBY (the only games this could be realistically performed on) are very tough to break (also, save states). The biggest challenge would be obtaining a solid number of glitch Pokemon before getting Surf, and not having them evolve into all sorts of crazy crap.

Wait, have I been shot down?

LaureTheLoner
April 6th, 2011, 05:47 PM
This idea has actually been tossed around at least once before that I can remember. I was sorta excited for it, but it never happened. Easter is at the end of this month, so I wouldn't be opposed to this being like the "Challenge event of the month" lol. Except I don't want there to be one every month, it sort of loses its specialness.

But yeah, if this thread got created, I would definitely participate if I had any motivation like an emblem promise, otherwise I gotta keep doing monotypes. I would be using my Diamond, where I have all howevermanyPokemonareonthatgame of the Pokemon. Plus a level like 91 Ditto in the Daycare. I would make lots of friends for people!

I'd love to start it
but a rule of the challenges is that you have to participate
Which I can't do ;_;

boo....

stupid people who broke into my car and stole my DS

Alternative
April 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.

A_Creative_Name
April 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Just throwing this out there, but methinks there should be an Easter Challenge, since that holiday is coming up. I'm unsure on how it would go, but you would only be allowed to use Pokemon with Easter references, such as Exeggcute, Minccino and Pidgey.

A Holiday Challenge sounds fun. It could work for other occasions too.

myrrhman
April 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Why not combine them and make Laure's Challenge Idea fall around Easter? That way, the challenge can still happen, and eggs = easter.

Alternative
April 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.

LaureTheLoner
April 6th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Maybe make my challenge the main focus, but any Pokemon that comes from an Egg, such as Togepi or Wynaut can be used as well. But the egg Pokemon rule would be used for earlier games, which can't trade via Wifi to other people. But trading eggs over to other people could be fun I guess, but it'd only work for 4th generation and up.

I'm not trying to plug myself or anything like that D:
but my I have an expert mode for my spring challenge I tried to make more easter
I'll just summarize kinda the jest if anyone wants to steal anything incorporate it, but NFE fairy egg groups (your Clefairys and JigglyPuffs) cause they are cute or NFE flying types (chicks :D ). Green Pokemon and grass types are always welcome, and your favorite normal type rodents Buneary and such could be required.

Have something like that with the random eggs, and egg pokemon
you got yourself an easter egg hunt D:

Dixie Kong
April 6th, 2011, 07:51 PM
We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.

myrrhman
April 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
We just had an event, so making this an event is out of the question tbh. Next event will probably be in May, if I work out all the quirks...but I don't want three consecutive events. An egg challenge on its own could be made, but I don't think we need an easter specific one. idk how Pidgey is Easter related...lmao

But yeah, clumping events up together just isn't on my agenda. :< But someone feel free to make a challenge that could revolve around trading eggs if you'd like. I thought about that myself too.
Keep this idea active for 42 more monotypes, and I'll make it.

Exile
April 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM

What do Chinchillas have to do with easter?

Anyhow, I suggest we do a Faction Nuzlocke challenge, in which those who signed up entered factions. If you whited out, then you're "dead", I'd also like to have checkpoint challenges along the way, in which the faction that completed the challenge gets to take 1 Pokemon (of their choosing) from each member on the losing faction's team.

LaureTheLoner
April 6th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Keep this idea active for 42 more monotypes, and I'll make it.

I'm getting a 4th gen or 5th gen game and a DS for my birthday this month. If no one does anything with this idea by then I'll make it. I just don't wanna break any rules since I can't compete.

It's not a big deal that it's only 4th gen and up, if we couldn't discriminate against some games prefix wouldn't be an option for when a new topic is made

Dixie Kong
April 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM