PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

LaureTheLoner
April 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM
Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!

I know what you mean, my mom was a dual-type

Alpha_Spike
April 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!

Not racism against dual types just more challenging. Flying type would be limited to gen 5 only and would only have 1 pokemon they could use. Dragon type before gen 5 could only be not fully evolved pokemon of two families. See where I'm going?

Alternative
April 13th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting
I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.

vaporeon7
April 13th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I don't really see this being a seperate thread, since it's pretty much the same as the normal Monotype Challenge. If you really wanted to do that challenge, then you should state in the original Monotype challenge thread that you're playing with said extra rule.

I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.

myrrhman
April 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I have to agree, making it a separate thread would be a bad idea as it would only confuse people. You could always ask the owner of the monotype thread, Myrrh I think and ask him to maybe make a separate section for it.
Mehhhhhhhhhhhh I'll get around to it eventually. And actually, monotype is co-owned by myself and Alakazam17. She handles the Ultimate, and I handle the single.

Jak
April 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.

myrrhman
April 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
A lot of challenges get sent in which are essentially combining two of the existing ones...I never approve them cause you could just post in one of them saying that you were adding on extra rules. For example, I had a Monotype Nuzlocke thread sent in...you could just post in the Nuzlocke thread saying "lol hay i'mma use just one type." That just shows the versatility with most challenges, I reckon.
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.

LaureTheLoner
April 13th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Arrrgggg I just don't know what challenge to do. Solo, Monotype, or Nuzelocke ;_;
There is just too many challenges

Jak
April 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I never understood combining Nuzlocke with anything. It's impossibe, unless you do either a solo (and just use your starter), or like a duo or trio and only use the first two or three Pokemon you catch. Anything like a Monotype or something isn't a real Nuzlocke if they just use water types and release them if they faint. That's just a monotype with a borrowed rule from the Nuzlocke challenge.

Pretty much. That's why you never see them get approved anyway. Heh, try to Nuzlocke Fire types on Diamond. Hooray for the winning team of Infernape and Rapidash.

InfernoRogue
April 14th, 2011, 09:06 PM
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?

LaureTheLoner
April 15th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Before I was against doing a lot of challenges at the same time, but now I realize it is awesome because when I am in my room in my spare time feeling bored I can just open one up on the computer and go at one after making a decision between a few choices, and then my easier challenges I have on my iphone just incase I ever get bored somewhere.

It's all good 8D

myrrhman
April 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM
OMG Spring Break tomorrow. I've got about 10 days off, so I'll actually have time to do some challenges. I'm really determined to get through the hardest of my 151 solos first, so the legends come much later. I've already done Magikarp, the only other 'problem' ones are Ditto and Abra. I'm in the process of doing Ditto right now...Transform=training issues.
I also feel like doing a monotype for some reason. Who knows? I've got plenty of time, maybe I'll take a break at one point?
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy

jdthebud
April 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Wow, ours was over a month ago. That's a really late Spring Break...

I wish I had another break like that. I'm confident that I can at least finish Johto, Hoenn, and half of the remaining Sinnoh Monotypes in 10 days. THat would just leave me with 23 left...

Edit: ...sigh. Just saw that Shedinja can learn Sandstorm. Whyyyyyyyy
Well it's Easter next week (24th) so some schools have them this late because of it (Catholic schools especially).

Shedinja: /fail

Jak
April 15th, 2011, 02:26 PM
If it wasn't clear to you already, Shedinja is suicidal. :'( I like Shedinja though.

Also, it's REALLY weird using past-gen Pokemon for the main story on Black. It's just like "omg you're not supposed to be here." But...it was pretty awesome when my Squirtle was working alongside Cheren's Oshawott. :)

LaureTheLoner
April 16th, 2011, 01:30 PM
YOU GUYS IT'S HORRIBLE ;_;
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
A car guys? How can I do challenges with a 94 Ford D:
I'll wreck it and use the scrap money whahahahahahahahahahahaha
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.

myrrhman
April 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I WANTED A DS FOR MY BIRTHDAY SO I CAN GET HG AND WHITE VERSION AND TAKE PART IN THESE AWESOME CHALLENGES WITH MORE POKEMAN
BUT MY MOM WAS ALL LIKE "Yeah it will be easier for you to find a job when you have a car to actually drive to places, so that's what you're getting"
or actually use it to get a job and stop sucking buy the stuff myself.... then I wouldn't have time for Pokemon.... hmmmm... this is trouble

Well my biggest regret is being stuck 5 years into the past with the gba games still (DS roms lag horribly on my computer) but I guess I haz enough challenges going on I will survive, I was just hyped for making the egg challenge before Spring was over bleh.
Ugh, that sounds like what my life is like. Parents are all like "get a job so you can live where you want to next year!" and I'm all like "but then I can't do challenges no mo!"

Antebellum
April 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM

I think a car is a bit more valuable than a DS with some Pokemon Games, js.

Jak
April 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.

Anyway, I just saw the weirdest challenge...and it was...very obvious someone didn't read the rules or FAQ. :[ It's a shame~! It wasn't an odd challenge, but it really had no substance. It was just...beat all main games essentially, but it had no rules, and it had this weird story, and it calculated how much all the games cost and I was just like "...well this makes me realize how much money I've spent on this series" and yeah. :x

chaos11011
April 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Survival Challenge, Chess Challenge, Monotypes, Dream Themes?

There's alot!

Or you can do what I did and go through the game with the worst Pokemon accesable (I also did this without saving)

InfernoRogue
April 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM
omg, took a solo break today. Playing the same game over and over and over again without a break gets pretty...bleh. Lol, only 10% done.

vaporeon7
April 19th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.

Zorua
April 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I agree with Karpman...I mean, a DS is nice, but with a car you can get a job and make money to buy your own, and the games. :x So yeah. Plus you need a car in life more than you need a DS.

I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(

Jak
April 19th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Well I got my Dexter challenge done, finally, only to find that Syd locked the thread...
Oh well, now I'll finish my Normal Monotype and my Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I had my reasons though. :x And I should work on HoF. I tried to work on gen V the other night, but ahhh, couldn't focus. Plus, I've been having this problem with headaches lately. I'll probably go to the doctor tomorrow. I tried working on the favorite challenge earlier...hatched my Delibird finally, but didn't feel like grinding all night. :( I haaate the desert.

I dunno, both are pretty dangerous. A DS could leave you with a bad case of addiction and it could potentially worsen somebody's vision if used for a prolonged period of time, and a car could potentially cause death, so...

...Though if it really came down to it, I'd think the car poses more of a thread than a video game console, in which the negative side efffects could be avoided by putting down the game and doing something else completely different. Like the internet.

...But then again, isn't the internet unhealthy, too? Okay I think I'm rambling a bit here but you get my point ok. :(

lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy

Zorua
April 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
lmao, I love how you come into CI&D and ignore the C part of the title! :( lol u so crazy

I would talk about Camels but I sort of live in Florida, so I can't. :(

Jak
April 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Bzzt! Wrong. I changed the thread title. :) Everyone has to do a mono-species run with Petilil now. :3

Zorua
April 19th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Bzzt! Wrong. I changed the thread title. :) Everyone has to do a mono-species run with Petilil now. :3

Well obviously someone is forgetting about poor Cottonee. ;___;

Jak
April 19th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Petilil + Cottonee duo-run? :) That's so cute. I should do that. They can love each other.

Zorua
April 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Petilil + Cottonee duo-run? :) That's so cute. I should do that. They can love each other.

Wait! I'm not even done there! I have an even better idea.

Although this is like, the majority of grass-type Pokemon, the fact that Petilil and Cottonee are in a dual run together gave me an idea of a Challenge based on flower-type Pokemon, it'd be so awesome. ♥

Jak
April 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
That could just be added to the dream theme challenge, I think...maybe...possibly. :x There are quite a number of flower Pokemon though. Erica would be overjoyed...

Zorua
April 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
That could just be added to the dream theme challenge, I think...maybe...possibly. :x There are quite a number of flower Pokemon though. Erica would be overjoyed...

Cherrim solo run.

The best challenge ever.

chaos11011
April 20th, 2011, 03:35 AM
That reminds me of somedudes Florwer Power Nuzlocke where they only good use Pokemon with Flowers, *Sun* Pokemon, or pokemon for watering stuff.

It was a good run, till they lost a Burgh, if only he still had his Solrock.

LaureTheLoner
April 20th, 2011, 09:54 PM
woot I am writing from my DSi (not that cool, but meh only $20 more than the lite and this browser is dumb) but point is I got one and i'll probably get White Version tomorrow and Soul Silver on Ebay later. More challenge participaption from me tomorrow.

jespoke
April 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Good news: I'm back from my vacation for more challenges! Yay for me :P

Bad news: I haven't done all the challenging i promised, playing mostly white. On the positive side, i'm soon ready for Unova challenges now :I

Mewtwo, Psy Savage
April 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have an idea for a challenge:

"Ancient Army Challenge"

Requires a god pokemon (Legendary, must be named after a greek/roman/etc. god.) I.e. A Victini named Apollo.
Requires a commander. (Starter, fully evoed, All offensive moves.) I.e. Blastoise, Typhlosion, Sceptile, Empoleon, Serperior.
Requires 2 warriors. (Steel/fighting/rock/normal types.) I.e. Bisharp, Scraggy, Onix, Audino.
Requires 2 slaves. (Hm Slaves) I.e. Jellicent and Pidgeot.

Challenge ends when you topple the champion/red.

"Easter Challenge"

Consists of 3 pokemon.

1 Pokemon- Your Bunny. MUST be full-evoed if not a legendary, and must be named E.B. Must be a normal or a fighting type, perfered Chansey. BUNNY MUST KNOW AT LEAST 1 MOVE THAT HAS TO DO WITH EGGS!

Your 2nd pokemon- Your carrier. Must be defensive, must be your "Tank" of sorts. This pokemon CAN BE A STEEL/ROCK TYPE!

Your 3rd pokemon- Your "Rudolph" of sorts. Must be named "Rudolph" and must be male. This pokemon MUST have high speed, and can be a flying type.

You ARE allowed HM Slaves.

Challenge ends when Carrier becomes level 45, E.B. becomes level 60, and Rudolph becomes level 40.

Im pumping up the holiday challenges. I shall start with New Years.

"Celebratory" 1-Day Speed Run Challenge.

On New Years Eve/Day, beat a pokemon game! Name your character New, and your rival Year.

"Rose Thorns" Love Hurts Challenge.

Name your character Rose, doesn't matter if it be male or female, and capture one full team of grass pokemon. Then, take out 1 grass for a steel type, 1 grass for a fighting type, one grass for a rock type, and one grass for a dark type.

You get a big chunk of hard-to-eat team.

St. Patty's and Easter were done.

"Summer of Siera" Challenge.

Kind of a like a monotype fire run through, only in the summer of B/W, and name your character "Suno".

"Ring My Bell" School Challenge.

Name your character the initials of your school, and capture pokemon based on your school colors. Say your school is Dragon Rock High, and your colors are black and brown. So you name your character DRH, and only capture black and brown pokemon. YOU ALSO MUST HAVE A STEEL TYPE OR SOMETHING IN THE SHAPE OF A BELL. IT MUST BE NICKNAMED BELL.

I think Halloween was already done.

"Rise of The Birds" Thanksgiving challenge.

B/W only, name character Pil, and only get flying types.

"Ho-oh-OW" Christmas Challenge.

Heartgold Only.
You must have a Ho-oh on your team. Name it Santa.
You must have 2 "Reindeer" Speedy pokemon. Name them Rudolph and Reindeer.
You must have a dragonite on your team. Name it "Mrs. Claus."

Celebration ends day after New Years.

Rose Thorns ends Feb. 16.

Summer ends first day of September.

Rise of The Birds ends when you get to the northernmost point in the game.

Ring My Bell ends Last day of September.

Ho-oh-OW ends when you beat E4.

Celebration ends day after New Years.

Rose Thorns ends Feb. 16.

Summer ends first day of September.

Rise of The Birds ends when you get to the northernmost point in the game.

Ring My Bell ends Last day of September.

Ho-oh-OW ends when you beat E4.

chaos11011
April 24th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I won't be on PC for a while guys :/ Not sure hoe long I will be absent, but I anticapate a week. Hope you guys enjoy challenges without me.

Mewtwo, Psy Savage
April 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Alrighty then, see ya.

MORE CHALLENGES ON THE WAY!

Jak
April 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Hi challengers. :D Hope you all have a good Easter (and if you don't celebrate it, you can got bat **** insane and hunt the eggs on PC like I've been for the past few days!) and good luck in whatever challenges you might be doing. Or have fun in the breaks you're taking. Or don't have fun. That's your choice...

/doesn't feel like reading that long post rn

PS: If you are egg hunting, there is an egg in the first post of this thread. :)

Alternative
April 24th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Isn't looking for the eggs around PC a challenge in itself? /zing

I've been bored lately, apart from preparing my Black Team for a local tournament, I've had nothing to do, Pokemon wise, so I'm thinking of starting up a new challenge for myself. I've got a few options. I could either continue with my Nuzlocke or something kick the shyte outta Dad, resume my solo Shroomish run, or I'm even thinking of starting up a (Fire)Red monotype challenge.

Jak
April 24th, 2011, 08:05 AM
You c-- ... /me snags avatar and saves it to icon folder where it will probably never be used til like a year later .... --ould just wait til you're actually interested. Or enter the favorite challenge. Yay yay yay. I need to work on that actually. I haven't felt like playing Pokemon since school's been over. I'm doing a "challenge" sorta with Penatrait. We picked each others teams for Red and Blue and we're both playing those right now...but I just beat my rival ONIONS for the second time and he's already in like Cerulean city or something IDEK. But I've been slow. lol

LaureTheLoner
April 24th, 2011, 12:43 PM
D: I need to update my stuff now. I'm on Safe Mode on my computer now I need to save my gamefiles from Nuzelocke and Chess and put them on my iphone or something before it's doomed.

To prevent double posting I will announce that I have 3 badges in my Pokemon Seasons Winter challenge on Platnium version. I think I am going to just catch everything I can in Platnium... My Heart Gold should be in the mail tomorrow and I will do likewise on that game. I will get White soon do a few runs on that enjoy it, and eventually figure out how to fix my wifi and put all my Gold and Platnium homies on it to work on completing the Pokedex.

vaporeon7
April 25th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I finished my Normal Monotype :)
Almost finished part of my Hall of Fame also.

I'm think of a break of challenges. I have other things I need to tend to.

myrrhman
April 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Syd is your school done already? Wow, Bama schools ge3t out early! We still have 2 weeks to go....

In other news, since summer is right around the corner, shouldn't we start planning out this summer event? The giant challenge tournament thing?

Jak
April 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I'm already done! I think it's just my uni though. Not all Alabama colleges get out this early.

And personally, I think we should wait for the Get Together. That way, we could get more people into the challenge, since it would be in the main Get Together forum, and not just hidden in this one where non-regulars would never look and see it. And if people enjoy it enough, we could see more regulars and challengers around here. But, if we wanna start planning and working out bugs and stuff, that'll put us a step ahead when it is time for the Get Together.

Also, I'm thinking of an event for next month, but I don't know if it could work. So...I might do two events next month, and it would be up to you if you wanna enter one or both (or neither!) so if anyone has a suggestion, they can PM it to me if they'd like. :o Nothing too crazy, just something simple, like a theme. But no guarantees about it. I'm just trying to think of something for people to do in case they don't have the game I'm planning the event to be for. Secretive mod is secretive.

InfernoRogue
April 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Our school has 8 weeks left. :/ And School = not nearly as much time as I'd like. Which means I probably can only do challenges on the weekends, and even then...bleh. D:

LaureTheLoner
April 25th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Got Pokemon Heart Gold its Pokewalker in the mail today D: I probably won't replay it until I get an acekard to store more games on but I feel like I need to do a challenge. I was thinking of doing fall, but I'd feel so guilty putting my poor little starter in the PC to sit and wait while having to cart around either 2 psychics or 2 dark types ....so who knows

jespoke
April 25th, 2011, 12:19 PM
My school has two weeks of some kinds of exams, some weeks for preparing (Or vacationing like some students :I(Or challenging like me(Or working like my mom wants me to :I))), and then the last exams.

Jak
April 25th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Hm. Just gave away a few presents since I've noticed a few people that deserve it. Hope y'all enjoy it. :)

Alternative
April 25th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Did I get a present? :)
So I sent in an idea to your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman Sydian and I hope it's a good idea. It was just something I mentioned on the spot, so it better be good. Still thinking of a challenge to play, and I'm seriously considering picking up FireRed again to play. Kanto was soo much fun. :)

You c-- ... /me snags avatar and saves it to icon folder where it will probably never be used til like a year later .... --ould just wait til you're actually interested.
Thought you were gonna call me a naughty word for a second there. :|

Jak
April 25th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Ewww, why FireRed? :x Sick and nasty. And noooo I wasn't about to...call you...any...bad names... -whistles-

Also, everyone go look at the first post in the adv gen Q&A. lmao It looks so dumb.

Alternative
April 25th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Because FireRed > LeafGreen, and it's one of the only games I still have which I don't really mind restarting. Also your mum :P

I don't know what game to play for a challenge. I've already got two going in Ruby and Emerald, and I really don't want to start a new one in Hoenn, since then it would just get too repetitive. -_-

myrrhman
April 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Also, everyone go look at the first post in the adv gen Q&A. lmao It looks so dumb.
It looks all right to me. Rubyish and Sapphirish colored and neat and tidy... did I miss something?

Also, I am having trouble getting a working ROM for B/W. This will make monotypes quite hard when I get to that generation...

Alternative
April 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I never really liked playing DS games on an emulator. The emulator itself I don't think has a speed button, which is kinda crucial to Pokemon games now when playing on an emulator. Also some of them are hard to control as well.

jdthebud
April 25th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I never really liked playing DS games on an emulator. The emulator itself I don't think has a speed button, which is kinda crucial to Pokemon games now when playing on an emulator. Also some of them are hard to control as well.
Well, if you play DPPt and HG/SS on Unlimited MHz Disaster, 10%, the battles speed up to 400-500%, inside buildings is 250% about, and outside is 190-200%, depending on where you are. The frame rate isn't as good as Realtime*2, though. That does speed it up some, although not to the extent that the VBA games (Gens I-III) do.

I find that B/W works best on Realtime*2, though.

vaporeon7
April 25th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Is it me or do challenges on R/B/Y take only a fraction of the time it take to do it on any other generation.

jespoke
April 25th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Is it me or do challenges on R/B/Y take only a fraction of the time it take to do it on any other generation.

Thats maybe because 1. and 2. gen can be sped up to 3000-4000, and 1. is far shorter that 2. gen. :S
And its jus shorter in general

myrrhman
April 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Oh definitely. Plus, I think that there were way more trainers in proportion to the length of the game, all with higher leveled/evolved Pokemon compared to the other games, so you got exp faster.

But yeah, it usually takes around like an hour for me to do a challenge on Red/Blue compared to the like day it takes me to go through Ruby/Sapphire (I get distracted and bored easily.)

Jak
April 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
You guys didn't see the announcement where Aegis edited it the other day and then where I edited it last night? Well dang!

I tend to finish challenges faster on hard copies...proooobably because I hardly ever use emulators for challenges. I've only used one for a challenge once, which was the last event.

LightOfTruth
April 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
How we beat the game using a Magikarp once its gets to L15 or above, You are not allowed to evolve it:

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2351/copyofpokemonemerald01dv5.png

and up to 5 HM slaves, Pickup is allowed

Jak
April 26th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Umm, how about we don't? If you really wanted to, there's a solo challenge thread. -points- ._.;

Alternative
April 26th, 2011, 02:19 PM
If there really was a Magikarp challenge, all it would be is get low health and spam Flail anyway. It's really not that hard, also considering Magikarp has niche Defense and Speed stats, which is a plus.

Jak
April 27th, 2011, 01:09 PM
..................Why does that Petilil link to Other Clubs? PETILIL LIVES HERE. IN CHALLENGES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

mondays suck
April 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Well, if you play DPPt and HG/SS on Unlimited MHz Disaster, 10%, the battles speed up to 400-500%, inside buildings is 250% about, and outside is 190-200%, depending on where you are. The frame rate isn't as good as Realtime*2, though. That does speed it up some, although not to the extent that the VBA games (Gens I-III) do.

I find that B/W works best on Realtime*2, though.

What kind of insane computer are you using? I'd be happy if DS emulation on my craptop would at least make it to a consistent 130% speed, which it doesn't.

And yeah, I wimped out of doing any kind of blind challenge on the Black I borrowed. Shame on me. Shame.

By the way, maybe only vaguely related to CHALLENGES, but: So far I've been getting through Black fairly easily without a lot of grinding in my normal playthrough, but when I had to grind, usually due to switching a teammate for a more promising new catch, it kept taking hours to advance just a few levels despite the fact that wild Pokemon are at reasonable levels - Well at least after obtaining the first badge they are.

jdthebud
April 27th, 2011, 02:55 PM
What kind of insane computer are you using? I'd be happy if DS emulation on my craptop would at least make it to a consistent 130% speed, which it doesn't.

And yeah, I wimped out of doing any kind of blind challenge on the Black I borrowed. Shame on me. Shame.

By the way, maybe only vaguely related to CHALLENGES, but: So far I've been getting through Black fairly easily without a lot of grinding in my normal playthrough, but when I had to grind, usually due to switching a teammate for a more promising new catch, it kept taking hours to advance just a few levels despite the fact that wild Pokemon are at reasonable levels - Well at least after obtaining the first badge they are.
well, the Lucky egg helps a lot, but I actually find that it can be hard to level up a full team without a lot of grinding, which kind of sucks.

And I am using a comp I bought last January, and am running Windows 7, so I guess it's pretty good, but it's not like it's a gaming comp or anything. It does have 4 gigs of Ram, which helps a lot, since no$gba takes up quite a bit of memory to run.

Alternative
April 27th, 2011, 10:32 PM
..................Why does that Petilil link to Other Clubs? PETILIL LIVES HERE. IN CHALLENGES. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU
Forcing a Pokémon to live where you want to doesn't count. :P

In other news, I really want to do the B/W favourite, but I don't know on whether I want to restart my game or not. I won't be restarting until at least after the weekend, since I have Pokemon business then, but if I do, I'll just give all my good Pokemon away to people I know and love or something.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Starting up a challenge using this (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_body_style). I did discuss with Sydian a little bit for secret modding business challenge or something, but idk if (s)he's gonna do it or not, because if not, then I'll just make a thread on it or something. ^_^

Jak
April 28th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Petilil lives wherever I go, duh.

Anyway, I've been thinking of Starting up a challenge using this. I did discuss with Sydian a little bit for secret modding business challenge or something, but idk if (s)he's gonna do it or not, because if not, then I'll just make a thread on it or something. ^_^

You can go ahead and post that. I actually think I have a way to work the alternate challenge for the event next month. And...honestly, I think most people will be doing the alternate. XD No one seems to have the games the main event is for...hint hint. But if you do happen to want to do the main and alternate, then that would be fine. What is the event? LOLOLOL IT'S A SECRET

myrrhman
April 28th, 2011, 01:45 PM

You can go ahead and post that. I actually think I have a way to work the alternate challenge for the event next month. And...honestly, I think most people will be doing the alternate. XD No one seems to have the games the main event is for...hint hint. But if you do happen to want to do the main and alternate, then that would be fine. What is the event? LOLOLOL IT'S A SECRET

I remember us discussing challenges one eve, and you mentioned that you were sad that nobody made challenges for Colosseum or XD. That is my guess.

LaureTheLoner
April 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Well Laure's birthday month was awesome: DSi, Heart Gold, White version, and a car that I almost wrecked today without a liscence so yay! challenge time to calm my nerves.

I need theme inspiration, sure I enjoy the ones I have because they limit yet at the same time gives enough freedom to make creative teams but I envy challenges like the Chess where each Pokemon represents something and has penalties as well as the Nuzelocke with strict rules.

PS. Thank you Sydian for my present :D

myrrhman
April 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Myrrh is sad he went this easter presentless...

Well Laure's birthday month was awesome: DSi, Heart Gold, White version, and a car that I almost wrecked today without a liscence so yay! challenge time to calm my nerves.

I need theme inspiration, sure I enjoy the ones I have because they limit yet at the same time gives enough freedom to make creative teams but I envy challenges like the Chess where each Pokemon represents something and has penalties as well as the Nuzelocke with strict rules.

PS. Thank you Sydian for my present :D
You should get a license before you start wrecking cars.

My favorite challenges are monotype (obviously), and then something like duo or trio challenge, because a lot of times I forget some of the rules if its a big long list of rules (or worse, the scramble, where I have to sometimes have certain movesets) and I end up playing through the entire challenge for nothing... With Monos, I just have to make sure I have all one type, and for the others, well, I've done my fair share of coutning to three in my lifetime.

Alternative
April 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
So if you were to go jump off a cliff, would Petilil jump off with you?

And anyways, methinks it's gonna be a Pokemon Snap challenge. That would be kinda cool I guess. :P

Erufuun
April 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Well, I'm hoping I'm doing this right, just suggest a challenge? This idea may already be taken, but...
Since Pokemon are all given a color group, what about a challenge based around the colors of the Pokemon?? (You would look at the fully evolved Pokemon, if they change. But only if you plan on evolving them.)

Like, make it a rainbow challenge!! You are only allowed to have one Pokemon on your team of each color at a time, and only use the basic colors. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple.) And must have a full team as soon as possible.
I guess you need to make it more complicated though, but hey! I'd do it! :D

myrrhman
April 28th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well, I'm hoping I'm doing this right, just suggest a challenge? This idea may already be taken, but...
Since Pokemon are all given a color group, what about a challenge based around the colors of the Pokemon?? (You would look at the fully evolved Pokemon, if they change. But only if you plan on evolving them.)

Like, make it a rainbow challenge!! You are only allowed to have one Pokemon on your team of each color at a time, and only use the basic colors. (Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple.) And must have a full team as soon as possible.
I guess you need to make it more complicated though, but hey! I'd do it! :D
You're talking about two different challenges here, I think!

There is a color group challenge, but its for like using only green Pokemon or only red Pokemon, etc.

As for the rainbow challenge, I think that might possibly be one of the themes of the dream challenge maybe, but I do like that idea. Of course, like you said, it would need a bit of additions, or else people could just catch one of each color and then like train only 2 of them or something. But good idea!

Alternative
April 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I think I suggested the Rainbow challenge once, but I had some extra rules or something. Like you could start with any colour, but you have to go in order of colour from there on, so if you started with yellow, your second Pokemon would be green, and third would be blue etc. There would be added rules or something, like Pokemon such as Castform/Ditto would be wildcards, so they could replace any colour, or some optional rules, like your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level or something.

Jak
April 28th, 2011, 08:34 PM
^ Sounds pretty good with Alternatives extra add ons tbh. :o If anyone wants to make that, it sounds like a good one to me.

Pokemon Snap challenge sounds awesome btw! But that's not what it is!

Alternative
April 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Well since you've told us it's not Pokemon Snap, then that makes us one step closer to what it is. You've eliminated one of the possibilities for us for what it really could be. Thanks gurl! :D

A Pokemon Snap challenge could be cool. Just try to take the best picture you can, scoring the most points. :)

LaureTheLoner
April 28th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I think I suggested the Rainbow challenge once, but I had some extra rules or something. Like you could start with any colour, but you have to go in order of colour from there on, so if you started with yellow, your second Pokemon would be green, and third would be blue etc. There would be added rules or something, like Pokemon such as Castform/Ditto would be wildcards, so they could replace any colour, or some optional rules, like your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance/Sunny Day via level or something.

Like I said when you first posted this idea I love it and if you're not up to making the forum or participating right at the time of conception I'd love to make it a challenge in the Dream Theme since I need some harder challenges (my whole thread is beginning to sound like a loophole to get around the rules but I'm doing my best to complete them and making it an overall challenge by collecting badges and becoming competing champions).

Another idea I have borrowing from Chao's Chess format was a Law & Order type thing

Judge: Pokemon in this slot must be a duotype where the types are oppsite (ex. Water/Electric, Flying/Ground) Further more every move it knows from re moment a move needs to be forgotten, must be a different typing. This is because a judge is always impartial and must hear all sides.

Plaintiff: The Plaintiff is usually the victim in a criminal trial. Your Plaintiff didn't see the attack coming nor had the self defense skills to stop it. I figured the best Pokemon type for this slot would be a pure normal type. Also if this Pokemon faints you look at the type of Pokemon that defeated it. If you have any Pokemon in your team that are weak against that type they are boxed. Once one piece of the defense falls apart so must everything else. (Basically if your defendant let's say Wigglytuff gets killed by a water type all electric and grass types on your team are boxed) The judge, however, no matter what the typing is immune

Defendant: The Defendant is innocent til proven guilty, but let's face it they are probably up to something shady. In this slot you may use the shadiest Pokemon of all... If this type of Pokemon has ever been used by a Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, or Plasma GRUNT (not executive or boss) they may be used in this slot. However, if this is an evolvable Pokemon and it evolves prior to the Elite 4 your Defense Lawyer must be replaced with a new Defense that is at least 10 levels lower than your orginal. You made your defense fall apart with your fearful changing appearance. You may bring back any boxed Defense Lawyers after obtaining the 8th badge.

Defense Lawyer: You almost have to have no soul to protect that evil Pokemon you call a Defendant :0 Someone hard who doesn't listen to the prosecution at all. Must be a Rock or Steel type. Just like the Plaintiff if this Pokemon faints, depending on the typing of the opponent all Pokemon that are strong against that typing must be boxed.

Prosecution: Time to defend Justice and send those evil Pokemon back in their place. The Prosecution slot can never be occupied by a dark, flying, ghost, fire, or water type (we aren't representing evil nor destroying evidence). Furthermore the burden of proof falls on the Prosecution. By Burden in this challenge 3 out of 4 of your Pokemon's moves must be HMs that you shall not delete.

Jury: Now for the most important part. Unlike the judge the jury needs to choose a side to help sentence or free the Defendant. During the trial it's view on the case is always changing. The Pokemon in this slot must be a Pokemon that changes shape. Ditto, Cherrim, Castform... Or a Pokemon that can change its type or ability (Kcleon, anyone with Trace). When the jury faints the Pokemon representing the Plaintiff must be replaced with a Pokemon at least 10 levels lower than it.

This was the answer to my need to make a harder challenge. I'm still working out kinks and posted it here for feedback :x I think it has enough to stand alone in it's own forum but I wouldn't be able to participate right away.

I was also thinking of a rip-off/look a like theme for my forum where a team must consist of Pokemon that look eeriley similar to a Digimon/Yu-gi-oh/:0 other monsters from anime based on rhe slavery of fantasy creatures

Alternative
April 29th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Yeah sure, you can use the Rainbow theme if you want to. I primarily suggested it for that in the first place, so go ahead.

Just one thing I think you should change, would be the prosecutioner. Maybe it should be a Pokemon which has to be able to learn at least 1 physical HM and a one-hit KO move or something. That way it's more, prosecution-ish.

Yams
May 1st, 2011, 11:38 AM
I was thinking of an RPG Challenge, based on the stereotypical medieval fantasy RPG game.

Your Warrior has to be any Pokemon that can learn Swords Dance by level up. This pokemon can only have one non-attacking move, the rest have to be physical attacking moves.

Next would be your Mage/Wizard. This pokemon is limited to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ghost, Normal, or Psychic type. All their attacking moves must be Special, and must be different types. This pokemon must have either a base HP or Speed stat less than 75.

Third would be the Rogue. This is any pokemon that can learn Double-team by level up, as a rogue is very evasive. They also need to have at least one status move, and since every pokemon can learn toxic this shouldn't be a problem.

Next is your Ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.) (-chaos11011)

Fifth your Priest/Healer can be any pokemon that learns Heal Bell, or Heal Pulse via level up. Or any Pokemon that can have the Healer ability. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

Lastly your Tank. This pokemon must be able to have the ability Shell Armor, Battle Armor, or Sturdy. They can only have two attacking moves at most.

chaos11011
May 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM
I don't really like the Ranger, since it is really restricted, and only having Klink as the Ranger in BW is really dumb.

How about this type of ranger:

Next is your ranger, which is any Pokemon that can have the Sniper ability ( It doesn't need to actually have it as a ability In-Game) or learn Lock Up by Lvl Up. If it doesn't have any of these requirments, it can be a Pokemon that learns a Physical Non-Contacting move (Bullet Seed, Ice Shard, Bulldoze, Razor Leaf, FIssure, ect.)

Yams
May 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Edited.

Is anyone else interested in this kind of challenge?

Alternative
May 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. :) I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.

myrrhman
May 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't go as far as making this an entirely different challenge, but maybe a dream theme, since that's what these sorts of challenges go into. :) I would make it harder though, since it does seem a little easy for some people. The Mage would be a little difficult to pull off, since post-third generation had the physical-special split, so I would change that around. I would change the rogue to any Pokemon which can learn a status move via level up, and has a high base speed, and be able to learn Thief. The priest sounds a little difficult as well, as there are limited Pokemon for that, which means you would have to use Miltank for anything before 5th generation. I'd change that to any Pokemon which can learn Recover, Softboiled, Roost etc via level up. Tank should be a Pokemon whose both defenses are higher than both it's attacks.

As for my idea, I wouldn't mind a challenge which would eliminate most Pokemon for use. My challenge would be a challenge where you can only train Pokemon based on gender differences. So the idea would be that you have to train Pokemon which have a higer chance of being either Male, or female. You don't have to use that specific gender, but just Pokemon with the higher chance of being that gender. For instance, if you were using a female class, you would have to use Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Vulpix, whereas if you were using Pokemon which were primarily male, you could use Pokemon like any starter, or a Combee.
Would you be able to cross? Like could you have a Jigglypuff and Charmander on the same team? Or is it either "mainly female" or "mainly male"?

Alternative
May 2nd, 2011, 01:07 AM
I guess you could if you wanted to, but I would say have the seperate gender things for a much tougher challenge. :)

LaureTheLoner
May 3rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
D: I was thinking of doing one of those rpg themes as well cept mine was going to be based on the original options for Final Fantasy I (:< I kinda wanna make something for X but I'm the only one who likes that game) So I guess it would have been warrior, dark mage, white mage, and monk. I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little. I wouldn't make it any roost or recover pokemon cause that is a lot, but maybe anything with a healing attack that effects other party members, white mages also are screeners a lot of times in games like Final Fantasy X.

I still need ideas for my Super Smash Bros theme.

Also thinking of just throwing the seasons in with the dream themes

LightOfTruth
May 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
I have a challenge that really would be different :)

The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

LaureTheLoner
May 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Rainbow theme has been added to Dream Themes

Next up:
Law & Order
Power Rangers

Yams
May 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
I like how you classify it though, but like alternative said for the priest it needs changed up a little.

Youre right, how about if I change it to any pokemon that learns one of the following moves by level-up: Heal pulse, Heal Bell, Reflect, Light Screen, or Aromatherapy. That broadens the amount of pokemon available.

Jak
May 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/announcement.php?f=35&a=385

Advertising this for Larry so he doesn't kill me. But yeah, if you'd like to become a mentor and you meet the requirements, send Hiidoran an application! :)

myrrhman
May 3rd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Awesome! We could so totally bring more people to the challenge board! Little Myrrhs running around everywhere!

Jak
May 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
And little Syds! ...Wait. Not really sure we need those running around.

Zorua
May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure one Sydian is a challenge on it's own.

lol, see what I did there? I love making puns. ♥

Jak
May 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
OH DERK YOU CRAZY CUCUMBER YOU! I think I'll go make little Syds with Larry. LITTLE LARRYS.

Also, I hope that me getting a possible 12 hour work day 6-7 days a week job doesn't screw me up in my own event. :| It sure would suck to make an emblem for it and to have put all the effort into making that challenge and not even get to complete it for the emblem. lmao

Alternative
May 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
You make all the puns you want, but I like making food. I mean tonight I'm making enchilladas for dinner. I wonder how much of a challenge would be. :3

vaporeon7
May 5th, 2011, 04:36 AM
I've gotta start my Save the Pokemon Challenge this weekend. I was wondering if the emblem had a Vaporeon on it...

LaureTheLoner
May 5th, 2011, 10:08 AM
;-; I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

;-; I need adopted and a mentor. Those forums outside the challenge area can be scary :0

jespoke
May 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I don't need a mentor, i started exploring just a few days before that mentor thing was brought up Ø_Ø (Yea, I'm a Dane, so i can make Ø's(If you guys even can see them -_-))

mondays suck
May 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
That's cool, certainly allows for more interesting smileys than ös do. What is that even supposed to be, an eyebrow of which the middle part is missing?

rstevenson1976
May 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Challenge Idea: Eevee Challenge.

all you can use is eevee and it's evos, I'm doing this on platinum, still training for first badge, although an exception may be made for a flyer even if just for getting around

Jak
May 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I've gotta start my Save the Pokemon Challenge this weekend. I was wondering if the emblem had a Vaporeon on it...

It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[

Challenge Idea: Eevee Challenge.

all you can use is eevee and it's evos, I'm doing this on platinum, still training for first badge, although an exception may be made for a flyer even if just for getting around

That exists though, lmao.

Alternative
May 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna guess it has an Umbreon on it or something... :P
I'm actually thinking of doing the Save the Pokemon challenge, but I don't know if I want to do it on Sapphire or something. I would make more restrictions for myself though, like having more shadow moves for my Pokemon. So every Pokemon would start off with three shadow moves. Every Pokemon caught at level 20 or under would have to grow 10 levels to purify one of it's moves, every Pokemon between 20-40 would be five levels, and 40+ would be two, then go for full happiness.

Sammuthegreat
May 6th, 2011, 03:20 AM
Could I please ask that someone gives me some types on the Favorite Challenge? I've already double-posted and I don't want to triple-post...

vaporeon7
May 6th, 2011, 03:42 AM
It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[

Make sure when you do that favourite Pokemon challenge event thing that you were planning for later this year has one one it then among other regular challenger's favourite Pokemon.

jespoke
May 6th, 2011, 04:16 AM
Sammu has gotten his types :) Sneaky guy's mission is clear :P

Alternative
May 6th, 2011, 04:25 AM
If it was such a sneaky task you performed, then you wouldn't be telling anyone that you did it. Not to mention even publically posting it for someone. A real sneaky bugger would've been a ninja about it and thrown an explosive tag on a kunai with the message, which would then explode after them memorising it. :P

LightOfTruth
May 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

Jak
May 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Make sure when you do that favourite Pokemon challenge event thing that you were planning for later this year has one one it then among other regular challenger's favourite Pokemon.

When did I say I was planning that? :( I never tell you guys my event plans! :o

jespoke
May 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Actually you have talked about a tournament thing, but i think vaporeon7 just didn't know about his Future sight skills. Have you been staring into the sun lately, Vaporeon? :P

Alternative
May 6th, 2011, 05:00 PM
So if you planned an event, which for some reason would be a sexy party for Larry, you wouldn't tell me us about it? :|

vaporeon7
May 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM

I have been talking to the Xatu from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).

Jak
May 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
So if you planned an event, which for some reason would be a sexy party for Larry, you wouldn't tell me us about it? :|

Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).

WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! :) But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.

jespoke
May 7th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! :) But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.

A Smeargle challenge for syds birthday :P

Jak
May 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hey now, that's not a bad idea. ;) My original username was SilverSmeargleSplatter anyway...a better challenge would be to give me a shiny Smeargle. :D -shot-

Alternative
May 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I have a Shiny Smeargle. This little set-up could be arranged. :)

rstevenson1976
May 7th, 2011, 08:28 PM

That exists though, lmao.

aww, I thought I was being origonal, anyway most of 'em are level 30 and moving toward my third badge, they're named after the seven sages, does that count as new?

Jak
May 7th, 2011, 09:00 PM
...Nah...not really. Someone made a thread about naming their Eeveelutions after the Sages. And I know a few people that have, so...:x

Alternative
May 10th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.

myrrhman
May 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.
While there hasn't been one exclusively for Pokemon that are version exclusive, there has been one called 'The Special Pairs Challenge' which is what you're talking about, with the addition of like Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz, Weedle/Caterpie, and stuff like that. Some of them can be caught in the same game, they just go together.

I got sort of bored, so I started making my own catalog for all the challenges we've made ever. I've got the year of challenges in one excel document, a short description of each, and which version we're on. Almost all of the 82 challenges we have are either on version 1 or 2, but then we have Anime, Random, and Mononame at 3, Duo and Monocolor on version 4, Trio on version 6, and Nuzlocke, Unevolved/basic, and Gym Leader on their 7th edition!!! Goodness that's a lot or reviving a thread. The current Gym Leader Challenge hasn't even been posted in since March 30th.

Anyways, I'm going to organize them into categories now (like themes in a category, groups ((colors, body type, IQ group, etc.)), user assisted ((ones where another user picks part of your team like the scramble, favorite, moveset, etc.)), character based ((Gym Leader, Anime, Evil Team, etc.))) and then possibly post it in a spoiler here. Do you guys think we should make a thread for an index or something? I'm pretty sure it was talked about once or twice, but I forgot what we decided. It could be helpful for people who participated in like a leg of an Ultimate Challenge in one thread, and then sorta forgot about it, only to want to do the challenge the next time that the thread popped up. They could just go to the index, click a link to one of the original threads, and voila! They can now easily copy-paste their progress!

jespoke
May 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil :P)

myrrhman
May 10th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil :P)
Lol. I haven't made mine yet for B/W. But mine for DPPt had one NFE Pokemon on it.

Jak
May 10th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Mine was mostly NFE too, mainly middle. tbh, I'm surprised I didn't end up with many NFE Pokemon in this run. Only NFE I have is Wartortle, which hey, that's not too bad. It hatched with Blizzard, which I wasn't expecting. XD;

Alternative
May 10th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I should really get around to making a list for that challenge, but only use it for future reference. I'd only really use it for if I want to start my Black game again, and actually do the challenge. My only problem would be using lots of non-Unova Pokemon, which is probably the biggest set back to be doing it. I'd actually consider doing it though. :)

Jak
May 10th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Could just do the Unova-only version of it. I made that one so that people that can't trade and transfer and such (or just preferred this entirely) had a way to do the challenge. If I did THAT version though, I would probably have a full NFE team.

Alternative
May 10th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.

myrrhman
May 10th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?

sh0kk
May 11th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.

Jak
May 11th, 2011, 08:35 AM
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?

Essentially this. I had a lot of Unova Pokemon on my list, but I ended up with a full team of non-Unova Pokemon. You really just can't control it.

I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.

I have a friend that's actually SRing for a shiny at every chance possible in SoulSilver, and...yeah, that's a lot to SR for. She's even SRing for shiny roamers.

Jak
May 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM

Essentially this. I had a lot of Unova Pokemon on my list, but I ended up with a full team of non-Unova Pokemon. You really just can't control it.

I have a friend that's actually SRing for a shiny at every chance possible in SoulSilver, and...yeah, that's a lot to SR for. She's even SRing for shiny roamers.

myrrhman
May 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Can't you just wait til they're on your route and then SR for them? That doesn't sound any worse than any of the other Pokemon you can find, and with Repels and such, it actually sounds a little easier...

Alternative
May 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I remember when I tried SRing for a shiny. It was back in Pearl, and it was a Rotom. I was trying to SR it for 10 minutes and gave up. I have no patience with these things whatsoever. :P

vaporeon7
May 15th, 2011, 05:31 AM
What happened here?

No posts for 3 days? I blame the wandering thread, it's taking all the challenge talk.

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I blame the no double-posting rule for the inactivity here. If there was no such rules, I'd be posting up a storm with other people if they were active here. :3

Antebellum
May 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I blame the lazy Karpman for the inactivity here. Anyhow, I've been working on my Sapphire Nuzlocke and will probably post an update or a blog entry with my progress (depends on whether I want +1 post count or not). Also, Electrike should totally evolve at Level 24, it makes much more sense than 26 or whenever he evolves u__u

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I think I've got four challenges myself going on. My Emerald Nuzlocke, which is postponed ever since March, Ruby Solo, which is in the same boat as Nuzlocke, Body challenge, which has also been postponed, and now the favourites challenge, which I will finish, in due time. :)

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I've got the Hall of Fame challenge, Favorite challenge, Save the Pokemon on Ruby and Colosseum, and then a Red playthrough (the team was assigned by Penatrait though, so it might as well be a random challenge). Then there's my side projects like Masudaing for a shiny Treecko on Platinum and SRing for a shiny Kyogre on Sapphire. Also, if I don't hit enter in my post, I won't double post. Figured that out. lol Also, speaking of the Hall of Fame challenge, keep an eye out for a blog from me tonight, because I will finish with this awful team. I'm ready for a new team...hopefully one that will flow well together. This ghetto Rain Dance team is just...laughable.

Zorua
May 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Syd, I have a question.

I'm trying to think of a new challenge, but it has to relate to Larry in some way. I need to know how I can achieve this. :(

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Have Pokemon with Cute Charm as an ability. Have a Pokemon that knows Attract, Charm, Rest, and Lick. Have a male Heatran in your team named Larry. Start with the Fire starter. Have a Petilil named Sydian in the team and an Aipom named Klippy. That is all. The Larry Challenge. I should make that rn.

Zorua
May 15th, 2011, 08:07 PM
What purpose would that cute charm pokemon have? I mean, the mission here is not the complete the game(much), it's to get the petilil to infatuate the heatran in some way, while getting the aipom involved.

....this is so wrong, lmao.

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Your Red playthrough could be either that, or some sort of alteration to the Scramble challenge methinks. :) Anyway, about the challenge about Larry, I have no idea. Maybe you need more idk new Pokemon, and some sort of Pokemon which can learn a plethora of kicking moves. :P

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM
What purpose would that cute charm pokemon have? I mean, the mission here is not the complete the game(much), it's to get the petilil to infatuate the heatran in some way, while getting the aipom involved.

....this is so wrong, lmao.

And you think I'M inappropriate? Hmph! Cute Charm was because Larry is cute and charming GOD DERK.

Your Red playthrough could be either that, or some sort of alteration to the Scramble challenge methinks. :) Anyway, about the challenge about Larry, I have no idea. Maybe you need more idk new Pokemon, and some sort of Pokemon which can learn a plethora of kicking moves. :P

Why kicking? Is Larry a kickboxer now?

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I don't know, but maybe it's something like he goes to the gym, and there's cardio/leg work done there or something? :/

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Okay, so then I guess that would mean you could have a Machamp on your team...

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 08:30 PM
No no no you'd have to use a Heatran and hack in some sort of Mega Kick on it or something. :P

Zorua
May 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Larry does have a body, so I'd advocate having a Machamp. :(

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
No no, I see him more as a Mega Puncher. OR A FIRE PUNCH. YES. Larry using Fire Punch.

Larry does have a body, so I'd advocate having a Machamp. :(

Mmmm.

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Fire Punch is so yeaterday. Everyone knows Larry, instead should learn FLAMING PUNCH OF DOOM! Or Falcon Punch works. :3

Zorua
May 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Larry(Machamp)
Relaxed nature @ Destiny Knot(whoever touches Larry gets infatuated)
EVs: 252 Atk/252 def/4 sp def
- Bulk up(as we all know he works out etc)
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power ;)
- Attract

----

All I've got so far. :(
-

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Larry(Machamp)
- Fire Punch
- Hidden Power ;)
- Attract

God this is the best set ever! I should make this challenge around his birthday. This would be the greatest thing ever. I'm all for finding out his Hidden Power type btw. ;)

We're horrible people btw. lmao

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Larry(Machamp)
- Flaming Punch of Doom/Falcon Punch
- Hidden Power ;)
- Attract
Thought I'd fix it for you. :P Anyway, shouldn't there be some sort of Charm/Captivate move on there?

jdthebud
May 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
ummm....who is Larry?....

Zorua
May 15th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'll totally do this in the form of a Pokedex entry:

Larry is one of the sexiest people on PC, also known as Hiidoran. His species usually lurk around Nu/W, and his power is that to attract another Pokemon called Sydian and another type of Pokemon called Klippy. They love to hang around in a group and have constant and consistent interaction whenever possible. This group is inseparable.

Yes, interaction is italicized.

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Well this was all in good fun, but I think we can give the Larry talk a rest. :P He already thinks I'm creepy enough, so yeah. XD I'll leave the thread title til he notices though. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh. In other news, it's hard to refrain from using the enter key I really hate this team I have in the Hall of Fame challenge rn. :( They're awful...together anyway. I'm sure they're...okay...with...other...Pokem-- no they really do suck.

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Well it could be worse, like Darumaka's Pokedex entry, like having special droppings which are warm and keep people nice and cozy and pooey in the winter or something. :P

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I think it's just the combination of these Pokemon together. They just aren't working well at all. I think I'll replace Musharna's Rain Dance with Energy Ball. I'm not in dire need of too much Rain set ups.

Alternative
May 15th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I remember Musharna. I had a friend who used one in a Pokemon Tournament, in which he utilized a Rain Dance strategy. He ended up coming third. Musharna may be weak, but maybe you can rely on using it as a screener or something. :3

Name it floatypuff/floatypie.

Jak
May 15th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Well, I ended up scrapping Rain Dance. But...I never used Energy Ball once, which is what I replaced it with. -shrug- Musharna...was okay I guess. Alomomola beasted though. And Swanna did too, surprisingly. Here's the blog. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=11111) But yeah, once I got to the E4, the team wasn't so bad. Training them was awful though, since it was a defense oriented team. But yeah.

chaos11011
May 16th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Oh Karpman nice CAP Theme btw, I was looking forward to use one.

Oh and Syd, I know how you feel. On my 4th run of Black I went to the Elite Four with a Diva, Frillish, Musharna, Liepard, Heatmor and Vullaby and it took AGES to be at an acceptable level for the Elite Four Chapter. Ghetsis was easy though :V

Alternative
May 16th, 2011, 03:32 AM
I'm only on my second run of Black, which is a Favourites run, which is going well. I'm only up to Castelia City, because I'm waiting on a Vanillite egg so I can train that. :)

Anyway ladies, challenge regulars and Sydian, I have a proposal for you.

http://imgboot.com/images/aragornbird/235.gif
Paint Me Pretty ~ The Super Smeargle Project
Anyway, the point of this challenge project thing would be to try playing through lots of games as a community using every single move in the game, with only a few Smeargles on every team. Pretty much, we'd have a giant list with every move in the game, and Smeargle must hunt, and sketch those moves, and finish the game with them. You would be allowed to have up to 6 Smeargle, and if you choose not to use six of them, you'd be allowed to use a HM Slave. I think it would be a decent project, to try and go through every single move in the game in a giant challenge like this. :)

chaos11011
May 16th, 2011, 04:33 AM
Would you be able to Hack/Trade a Smeargle? Other than that, look like a a decent challenge.

Also what about Dittos? Take this for account:

Smeargle vs XXXXX

Ditto vs YYYYYY

Ditto Transforms (Quick Claw?) while Smeargle sketches a move

Smeargle vs XXXXX

Smeargle vs YYYYY

Basically, you can do Wifi battles to sketch and stuff. You know for the players who don't have Smeargles.

Alternative
May 16th, 2011, 04:46 AM
I don't understand what you mean. Like using a Ditto as a replacement for Smeargle? I don't know, but I'll go with no for this.

Jak
May 16th, 2011, 08:20 AM
As much as I love Smeargle, I am not about to hunt down every move in the game. ;-;

Alternative
May 16th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Are you saying that you're afraid of a little challenge? I expected more from you. And it wouldn't be that everyone has to find every single move on their own, but it would be a project, where we work together to try and get all the moves on those Smeargle!

myrrhman
May 16th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I'd so totally be up for us starting to do big community or board wide project-challenge things. Counting this Smeargle one, I can currently think of four. Also, if anyone has minecraft, that's #5. (I'm recreating the Kanto map on minecraft, and if anyone wants to help me, i'd love you forever).

jespoke
May 16th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Im thinking of getting Minecraft, and if i do decide to, ill surely join that :D (I love other-game-world-in-minecraft's :P)

Alternative
May 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
I'd be up for the Minecraft recreation of Kanto, but you see, Minecraft lags severely on my computer, even with Minecraft's graphics.

InfernoRogue
May 16th, 2011, 09:50 PM
omg, new title of the thread. xD

The Minecraft recreation of Kanto sounds like it'd take forever. ._.

chaos11011
May 17th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Swablu~<3

She's like a Swab, that's blue :D

I'd be up for the Minecraft project, but I don't have the game, and if I recall correctly you must 'pay to play'?

myrrhman
May 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM
omg, new title of the thread. xD

The Minecraft recreation of Kanto sounds like it'd take forever. ._.
Its not as bad as you think actually. I just built all of Viridian City in about a day. The hardest part is if you have to build a city or something, and it happens to be over an ocean. Building things in mountains isn't bad, because you can TNT your way to victory. (We're hacking in the stuff, because that's a whole bunch of stuff to not be hacking in...)

It sorta gets easier as you go, because you sort of learn how the buildings look and stuff.

jespoke
May 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm asking my dad tomorrow if i can get minecraft, (Dont have anything to buy things on the internet with myself :I), so if everything goes right, i'll join th kanto project soon :)

jdthebud
May 18th, 2011, 04:31 PM
arg...the UMC thread is totally hung up right now, and I can't update since I will be double posting...

Oh yeah, I have a favorites challenge. *goes to play B/W for a while*

edit: lol, I just realized that my 500th post came and went...

Alternative
May 18th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I'm gonna write my next update, which is for when I fight Elesa. After that, don't expect any huge updates from me, where I detail everything. I'm now trying to get through the game as fast as I can, so I can do other things (breeding etc.).

Jak
May 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Are you saying that you're afraid of a little challenge? I expected more from you. And it wouldn't be that everyone has to find every single move on their own, but it would be a project, where we work together to try and get all the moves on those Smeargle!

I'm already barely interested in the challenges I'm doing right now, plus I have classes starting next month (what happened to summer? -sigh-) and hopefully a job soon and I have other sections and ahh! -eats chocolate-

I'm gonna write my next update, which is for when I fight Elesa. After that, don't expect any huge updates from me, where I detail everything. I'm now trying to get through the game as fast as I can, so I can do other things (breeding etc.).

That being said, I'm trying to run and hurry up with Ruby. I've got 5 badges and I'm underlevel cause I just haven't felt like level grinding. D; Bleh. /drained

Alternative
May 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
I'd say just try to take some challenges slow if I were you. I mean, with my Red challenge (body), I'm not playing it all the time, but I'm making slow progress. I have a Gloom on there now, which is nice. :)

jespoke
May 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
I have good news and bad news:

Good: I've got myself a minecraft account, so I'm going to join the Kanto-in-minecraft project (How do i actually join that?)

Bad: My grandfather has died a few days ago :(, so i'm going 3 days to Holland for his funeral

Alternative
May 22nd, 2011, 05:20 AM
That's too bad about your grandfather, jespoke. I hope you feel better about him soon. But it's good for the Minecraft thing. I wouldn't mind helping out on the Kanto thing, if I had a decent-ish computer.

Anyway, my favourites challenge is going well. I trained Pinkie Pie in Twist Mountain, which was good. I spent two days abusing Audino, and I now have the ice badge whatever you call it. I'm hoping for a team around the level 50~ mark before I fight Drayden, and hopefully Espresso evolves soon. :)

Another thing which has nothing to do with my current challenge, but how about a new challenge (gee, that's new). I was thinking something along the lines of similar to the preparation of the favourites challenge, yet similar to the random Pokemon challenge. What you would do, is using a random Pokemon generator, or if you can be bothered thinking of it yourself, create a list of I'd say about 20-30 Pokemon, and then someone else chooses between 4-6 random numbers from there, and that person has to use the Pokemon listed in that order. So if you had in your list say, Sawsbuck, Flareon and Lairon in that order, and someone game you the number two, then you'd have to use a Flareon on your team.

Does that make sense?

560cool.
May 22nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
Umm... let's see how to make our entrance...
*puts on shades* Well, y'know.. it's been a while and everything. But... *takes off shades* he still hasn't changed.

Hi everyone ! :D How's it going ?

EDIT : Wait, what ? You guys are working on a Minecraft version of Kanto ? Minecraft was on of the main reasons of my leave... o_O'... somebody sign me up for that... um, how ?

Jak
May 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm glad another one of my Swablus have come back to the nest. I think that'll be the code name for challengers now. Swablu...because I said something to InfernoRogue about being under my wing and she thought of Mantine and Remoraid, but then I wanted to be fluffy or something so then I thought of Altaria and Swablu lmao.

Perrie ✿
May 22nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
/Flies back. <:

I'm an adventurous Swablu.

Ergh! ):< I have to many challenges. Idk which Rom is which. ;;

InfernoRogue
May 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm a busy Swablu. D: I have only a little bit of school left, but we still somehow have projects and stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to play Colosseum and XD in time to complete my challenge.

Alternative
May 22nd, 2011, 07:44 PM
I'm not as busy of a Swablu as the rest of you. I'm hoping to finish my favourites challenge by the end of the week, which includes battling Alder. I'm almost at Opelucid City, which is good, and then I can focus more on the egg moves which I plan to get in my game, and play more of my other challenges. :)

560cool.
May 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I am a really not-so-sure (lmao) Swablu. D: After a long long school year I still have my Platinum Favorite going. What should I do ? Drop it ?

And my SS Nuzlocke... oh yeah... Chuck wiped me out completely. My Lv. 27 awesome team. Now I'm left with a bunch of leftovers. :/

myrrhman
May 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I'm an in-and-out Swablu.

I perfected a game (Advance Wars: Days of Ruin), which made me want to perfect more games. I'm almost done with Rumble, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, and I started Lego Harry Potter 1-4. I'm going to finish up LHP and FFCC and then I'll probably be back for good. Rumble is so hard, it might have the best of me.

Alternative
May 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I don't wanna be a Swablu. I wanna me more like a Fearow, for Drill Peck or something. :P What's a flying Pokemon without Drill Peck?

Anyway, from my favourites challenge, I'm taking a break from the actual plot, and visiting all the places, for breeding some egg moves and whatnot, which I wanted to do. I'll be updating soon with my gym leader results, and what's been happening now and stuff soon I guess.

jdthebud
May 24th, 2011, 06:00 PM
I don't wanna be a Swablu. I wanna me more like a Fearow, for Drill Peck or something. :P What's a flying Pokemon without Drill Peck?

Anyway, from my favourites challenge, I'm taking a break from the actual plot, and visiting all the places, for breeding some egg moves and whatnot, which I wanted to do. I'll be updating soon with my gym leader results, and what's been happening now and stuff soon I guess.
I notice you only have 5 pokes - aren't you supposed to get a Rhydon in the favs challenge? Where are those, anyway?

And Swablu is fine, as long as I can evolve into an Altaria...

Alternative
May 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
I know I've only got five Pokemon, but if you also see, the rules state that the challenge ends when you defeat Alder, so as long as I get the Rhydon before then (which I will), I'm all good to go. :)

jespoke
May 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Im a slow-but-steady-Swablu, i mean, I've yet to finish my first UMC, even though i started half a year ago (Maybe because I've done 9 other challenges in the meantime :P) But i have the challenge champ emblem with I'm proud of :D

Alternative
May 26th, 2011, 04:28 AM
To be honest, I think I've only ever completed one challenge, and it was the first challenge I ever did; a monotype ground on Pearl. That was such a long time ago, so probably back in 2009 when I did that challenge, before this place was born.

Anyway, I thought this might be an idea for a challenge, similar to the Kickin' it Old School challenge. It's similar to that challenge, but you have to use Pokemon purely from another region, so it'd help if you could trade, or hack if you're on an emulator. So if you were playing Sapphire, you'd have to use either all Pokemon introduced in the first, or second generation.

InfernoRogue
May 26th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I think as soon as school ends, I'll finally be getting back to that personal 151 solo challenge. I'm actually trying to decide whether to do one right now or not, since I've actually gotten some free time. :P
Now that I think about it, I have a three day weekend as well, so I may do a few each day. Like, 8 or so, if I work hard enough. 8 Each day.

jespoke
May 27th, 2011, 03:45 AM
^ Wow...

My reading holiday has started :D In Denmark we have a "reading holiday", with is from end of May to summer holiday, where we only have exams. In other words: A month with only a few schooldays :D

I like how we have 5 holidays a year where i live, even though that means a shorter summer holidays (I mean, 6 weeks is still much :P)

vaporeon7
May 27th, 2011, 05:55 AM
OMG I LOVE SWABLU~

One thing:

m u s t f i n i s h s a v e t h e p o k e m o n c h a l l e n g e

Gulpin
May 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (http://pokebeach.com/tcg) (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.

Jak
May 27th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

InfernoRogue
May 27th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I've been wanting to think of a new challenge, and as I walked by the trading card section in Target an idea hit me: a challenge where you choose a set of Pokemon cards from here (http://pokebeach.com/tcg) (under Card Scans in the column on the left) and you can only use Pokemon from that set. Some restrictions could be having to have the moves that are on the card on your Pokemon, not using legendaries, using a game from the generation that the set was made, or using only items that are in the set. I'm sure someone could come up with other ideas for restrictions, but I want to see what other people think of this idea.

This sounds pretty fun. If you were to start it, then I'd definitely join up. knowing me, I'd probably do it with every single set.

Gulpin
May 27th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I'm a big fluffy Altaria. :) Anyway, I like that challenge idea, deku. :o Maybe not the item idea though. I think you could list a few more challenging options, similar to how the Nuzlocke has options like nicknaming everything and such. There are soooo many sets though. I think for signing up, the Swablu should link to a page listing all the cards in that set. I might actually try this challenge, it seems fun, especially since I used to love the TCG. Too bad I can't use what's in the decks I built on my own though. lol ALSO. I'm thinking of buying an English White since I don't plan on restarting my Japanese. :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the item thing would work or not. There are 48 sets, but I don't think that is too many and by using just one it will limit you quite a bit (especially if you choose one such as Team Magma vs. Team Aqua (http://pokebeach.com/tcg/ex-team-magma-vs-team-aqua/scans) over Jungle (http://pokebeach.com/tcg/jungle/scans), it just depends on what difficulty level people want). I think that using the PokeBeach site would be fine for linking to because it lists all of the current sets and gives scans for each card. I thought about letting people use their own sets but there would be no way to limit it D:. I'm looking for a full list of offically released Theme decks, but I'm having trouble finding one. I think if we can find a complete list of them, we could limit it by that which would provide further limitation than complete sets. Bulbapedia looks pretty good. Maybe go here (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Trading_Card_Game#Wizards_of_the_Coast_.28English.29_sets), choose either Original, Gym, Neo, e-Card, EX, Delta, Diamond and Pearl, Platinum, HGSS, or BW, or Other, then click one of the links under whatever you chose and see what theme decks it has and choose one of those. Its kind of drawn out, but it is the best place I could find.

note: I'm working on the thread for this challenge, so no one make one please :)

Alternative
May 29th, 2011, 04:49 AM
If you're talking about a TCG challenge, based on only using Pokemon from a certain deck type, then I'd be all good for that. It'd give me a reason to start my Soulsilver again, which is always nice. :D

Gulpin
May 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
It is a TCG challenge, Alternative. By the way, I sent the thread in which brings me to my next suggestion, a 'Check to see if your challenge has been accepted' thread, similar to how the RP sections has one for roleplays and how (I think) the club areas have one for club makers to know.

Alternative
May 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I know Other Clubs doesn't have one, but seriously, that's a good idea. I don't think it should be anything like the Role Playing thread in any way, as that's actually active, but have just a simple directory thing, so if you're looking for a certain challenge, you can go straight there. If you think of a good challenge idea and it isn't in the list, feel free to make it. If it's not too hard, Sydian could make an update every week for challenges that have been accepted and add them to the list.

Gulpin
May 30th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah a directory would be great. I'm not sure of the amount of new threads get submitted a week here, but we probably wouldn't need the original thread I mentioned, just a directory updated every week with new challenges and ones that died. I wouldn't mind making one if Syd allowed it.

Jak
May 30th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I think if this place had more challenges coming in, then I'd make one. Depends on the roll in. But tbh, it'd be more like a wall of shame, because most challenges that await approval are from people with no posts and are likely to never even come back to this section (or PC as a whole) to even check if they're approved. And most are neglected from the start, with the challenger not even partaking. That's the downfall to most unapproved challenges, really.

Alternative
May 30th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Is that to the See if your challenge has been accepted thread, or the directory idea, because I think the directory could work really well. It's not really a wall of shame, as it's just showing those challenges which already exist, and is also a reference guide to challenges which have already been created, so there aren't any like that in the future.

Jak
May 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Oh, lmao. I was talking about the "see if you challenge has been approved" thread. That would be such a wall of shame. XD Directory thread/Challenge index I used to think was a bad idea, but that was back before there were so many challenges. I could whip a thread up within this week or something though. Perhaps Friday, since I'll be rushing a challenge tomorrow and I'll have class the next two days (yeah, my one month of summer was p fun I guess lmao /no life). I'll provide a nice description of each challenge and make it pretty, I reckon~ I LIKED THINGS TO BE DETAILED AND AESTHETICALLY PLEASING because burning eyes is bad.

Alternative
May 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Well I'm doing practically nothing over the next however many days until I land myself a job, so I could easily whip something up and PM you what I make or something? :3

Perrie ✿
May 30th, 2011, 09:17 PM
/Flies back again. v_v

Yay Half-term! You know what that means? :D Challenges! \o/ not studying or having a life

What to do first. >:3

Alternative
May 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
You should do the Victini challenge. Pretty much, whatever Victini tells you to do, you have to do it, so if there was a "Victini says fly" then you must use a Pokemon that can learn fly. If there's a "Victini says get on all fours for sexy action" then you must use a Pokemon which has four legs.

Perrie ✿
May 30th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Um what! >(

Trololol. I actually looked for a Victini challenge! ;__;

Alternative
May 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I pretty much made that up on the spot. Kinda lulzy if you ask me.

But if you're seriously lookinf for a new challenge, deku just made the TCG challenge, so you might be interested in that. It seems interesting enough to me, so I might even restart my soulsilver just to play it.

Perrie ✿
May 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
ORLY? >_>

I'm gonna do that challenge, looks quite interesting tbh. :P Emulators for the win. <3

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 06:28 AM
As much as I love emulators, due to the speed being very speedy, but there's something about playing on the cartridge itself which is very amusing. The ability to play the cartridge means I don't necessarily have to be at the computer to play it, and I actually get the motivation to play it as well. :D

Perrie ✿
May 31st, 2011, 06:35 AM
As much as I love emulators, due to the speed being very speedy, but there's something about playing on the cartridge itself which is very amusing. The ability to play the cartridge means I don't necessarily have to be at the computer to play it, and I actually get the motivation to play it as well. :D

I would play it on a cartridge, but my Emerald version has gone walk abouts. <_< So has Leafgreen, and Heartgold! >: I hate 5 Year old children. D: Messing with muh thangs.

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 06:53 AM
My sapphire went walk abouts, meaning I lost it at my own fault, and now somehow I have two versions of Leafgreen, which is awfully weird. :P

Perrie ✿
May 31st, 2011, 07:24 AM
I don't really care about the lost Leafgreen, it kept erasing my data, so it was obviously broken. v_v I just want my dear Emerald back. ;;

Jak
May 31st, 2011, 07:36 AM
But dragonomega isn't the resident Victini here. lol

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Well it can't be you, as you're the resident Green/Gary/Giratina whatever you are. I'll just go three G's. I'm obviously the resident Magcargo/Volbeat/Exeggutor/Boldore here. As for other people, I have no idea.

I always pictured myrrhman as the resident Rocket Grunt for some reason. :|

Perrie ✿
May 31st, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm a glee resident or something. OR ARMALDO. <333

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 08:29 AM
I think right now, you'd be best at being the challenges' representative Lucy Kaboosey. :P

Perrie ✿
May 31st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Are you calling me fat? >:(

Alternative
May 31st, 2011, 08:36 AM
What no.
Being a Lucy Kaboosey obviously means you're just showing the real you, which is more beautiful than the new you or something. Idk I'm assuming you've never had plastic surgery.

On the topic of challenges and glee I would do a duo challenge and name my Pokemon if I could, Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Fake Boobs. :D

Perrie ✿
May 31st, 2011, 08:50 AM
I'm so pretty. :B i've never had plastic surgery. ;)

Santana & Brittany! \o/ I need to do more on my TCG Challenge.

jespoke
May 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
I've always been the resident very-small-and-cute-Pikachu :P Though I'm always Quilava on other forums :I

BTW: I'm going with my team to the First Lego League: Open European Championship (http://flloecdelft.org/) in Holland the next couple of days, so don't expect updates from me (I have my computer and internet available, but the team consists mainly of Minecraft-freaks, so...)

Jak
May 31st, 2011, 10:59 AM
And I'm your host, Mr. Can't Decide on One Pokemon for a Week. Also, I'm rushing through the Save the Pokemon Challenge on Ruby rn. I like how my team turned out though. Lookin' sexy.

Gulpin
May 31st, 2011, 05:06 PM
New challenge idea (not really a challenge, but a different way to play through the game):
Knock-out Challenge: play through the game catching every Pokemon in every route and train them all (keep the same levels) and as you catch new Pokemon when your party is full you can choose to box it or to 'knock-out' one of your party to replace it with. Or, you must knock out Pokemon in order (nickname using numbers and once you get to 6, replace 1 with 7 and so forth). I might do this on HG and keep track of it in my blog, because it isn't exactly a challenge.

Jak
June 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Sounds good, but more importantly...

~!*CHALLENGES IS A YEAR OLD TODAY*!~

Perrie ✿
June 1st, 2011, 12:04 PM
\o/ Happy birthday challenge forum! <3

mondays suck
June 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Already? Happy birthday in that case, I guess.
Man, I just realized I haven't been doing any challenges for over half a year now, I feel bad for doing so now. Which does not necessarily mean I'm going to get off my lazy rear and play some any time soon.

Alternative
June 1st, 2011, 05:03 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHALLENGES! :D

Have a drifloon hat to celebrate. :)
http://www.deviantart.com/download/63680211/Drifloon_Hat_by_clearkid.png

InfernoRogue
June 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.greenchu.de/sprites/bw/333.gifHappy Birthday, Challenges~ <3

Pretty much done with school. I'm having my last test (to my knowledge) tomorrow, so that means I'll be pretty much free for the rest of my remaining school days. And then there's summer. :)
I've been trying to keep myself busy and not bored with a variety of challenges. I know I have my personal 151 solos challenge, the Favorite Challenge V2, and now the TCG Challenge (which I will be doing multiple times...more than 10, I think.)

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 03:52 AM
I'm planning on finishing this Favourites challenge before the night is out, which I'm almost done grinding, which is coolbeans. I just gotta beat the Elite Four now, which can't be too hard.

vaporeon7
June 2nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21700000/Pikachu-wished-me-Happy-Birthday-D-pokemon-21704288-639-360.jpg

I should start a challenge today.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
"Now, while we do absolutely nothing for eight hours straight, go run away with some random hooker Pichu and mess up and entire home to many Pokemon, anger a feisty Houndour, play trampoline with a Snorlax and maybe something else like save someone's house, okay Pikachu?"

vaporeon7
June 2nd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Okay I'll just do a simple Butterfree solo on Blue.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 06:18 AM
That reminds me, I should continue my Shroomish solo on Ruby. :)

Anyway, I had an idea for a challenge, which would have to be based on either the Pokemon Anime or Manga. Simply put, you'd choose one Pokemon to start off with, which you, or someone else can choose. You take that Pokemon, and find it's debut in whatever you're basing the challenge on, and go from there. So if your Pokemon that you start off with was Houndoom, you'd have to find the episode, or chapter which Houndoom debuts in, and then choose debut Pokemon in order from there. After Houndoom's debut comes Murkrow's debut, so you'd have to use that as well, and so on.

Does that make sense? ^_^

560cool.
June 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Ohh man, how could I miss the 1 year anniversary of Challenges ? I fee like a traitor. :< Those stupid end-year exams... I hate how school seems to be finished, although it's not.

But anyways, this summer shall be solo summer for me ! <3 :D Expect tons of RBY Solos from my.

On a sidenote... anyone has the 3DS ? If yes, could you give me an opinion on the Pokedex 3D when it comes out ? It might come in really handy for my Pokemon Black... but I don't even have a 3DS yet. D:

@ Alt : Very cool idea. Although it might turn out to be somewhat annoying, constantly checking out debuts of certain Pokemon. Oh well.

Jak
June 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
It's okay, we'll celebrate all month! :D And Alt, I agree with 560, it seems like it'd be annoying to check debuts and such, lol. I mean, it could work, but I'd get fed up with having to check. lmao

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Why would it be annoying? You choose a Pokemon, find out it's first anime listing from Bulbapedia, and go from there for all the episodes until you get a team of 4, 5 or 6 Pokemon. There's nearly a new debut Pokemon every episode, so it can't be that hard.

jdthebud
June 2nd, 2011, 04:50 PM
Happy Birthday challenges!!! \o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/

Anyway, I haven't been here for long (since October), but this board has somewhat taken over my life been a bit too much a part of my life, with the monotypes being so fun and all. Props to Myrrhman for his awesome run as well, I'm catching up though!

I joined right after I finished a Kingdra solo run on HG, which was my first challenge.

I really like this forum becuase they keep the older games alive - I hadn't played RBY for years, and GSC for only slightly less time. I found Emerald in late 2006 about (thanks VBA!), and then played Diamond when a viable DS emulator came out (No$gba 2.6), and then played Platinum (Garchomp and Togekiss were uber). I also joined Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Jdthebud) around that time, lol. Pokemon FOREVER!

InfernoRogue
June 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Why would it be annoying? You choose a Pokemon, find out it's first anime listing from Bulbapedia, and go from there for all the episodes until you get a team of 4, 5 or 6 Pokemon. There's nearly a new debut Pokemon every episode, so it can't be that hard.

I don't find that to be annoying at all. I think it sounds like a pretty cool challenge. :3

I'm basically done with school. We don't have homework anymore, so I have that time for challenges and naps. Also, I'm thinking about doing an ultimate solo with Blaziken very soon.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
I think the interesting thing about the challenge would be that you could be lucky or not, depending on what Pokemon you opt to choose. By choosing a strong contender could end up with you choosing some pretty bad Pokemon in the long run.

Jak
June 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
I think I'm taking a break from challenges to shiny hunt. lol :( I really want that shiny Petilil! Hell, this is a challenge in its own right. Been at this for about a week.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 06:58 PM
Since I'm sorta the RNG abuser person here, or at least I used to frequently, I'll probably go do that to Kyurem, but it's shiny sprite is awesome, so I might go and get that instead or something. :)

Jak
June 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
How do you even RNG in gen V? I probably can't do it because I suck, but lol. I'm trying to Masuda the Petilil. Also, is banana a verb now? Your sig implies it.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM
There's actually two ways you can RNG in Gen 5. It's just a lot harder to do so if you have anything newer than a DS Lite. Idk I'm stuck with a 3DS, so I'm taking the hard way to doing it.

And yes, I made banana a verb. It was originally pear since I was talking about in the DCC the bad people who just meet and instantly pair, inplying that they say "hay lets pear", so I made that my sig, with an Exeggutor. That didn't have any pears so I changed it to Tropius with banana instead. I'm thinking about changing it once again to Musharna and floating. :P

jdthebud
June 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
speaking of Gen V RNG, I found a testing site over at The Cave of Dragonflies (http://www.dragonflycave.com/pokesite.aspx), where the guy finds out the technical formulas associated with the games. anyway, apparently in gen V it's a lot easier to catch pokemon, unless you're in tall grass...

check it out. (http://www.dragonflycave.com/gen5capture.aspx)

Speaking of bannanas, it is now a verb! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-word-Banana-is-now-a-verb/126847514008604) lol.

Jak
June 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Well, I have a DS Lite and fat, so I guess it'll be easier for me? Now I'm curious as to how it goes. Also, still no luck with Petilil. :'(

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Well there are lots of places to learn. I'm sure if you asked TwilightBlade/Florida she'd help you with it. There's also Smogon, which you shouldn't go to unless you like mean people.

jdthebud
June 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
so is RNG a hacking situation? I kind of poked around a bit, so...but I'm still a bit confused.

Alternative
June 2nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
RNG is the Random Number Generator. It's not technically hacking, as you're not altering any of the Pokemon. Infact, you don't need to use Action Replay or any hacking devide at all. RNG abuse is simply abusing the RNG to get what you want. So you could use this technique to force say, a Pokemon to hatch as a shiny Petilil, with the right parents of course. :)

InfernoRogue
June 2nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
This reminds me that I still have to finish RNG'ing that Victini. I haven't touched my White version since March...

LaureTheLoner
June 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
Added a Digimon theme to the Dream Themes, and did it with some smashing fonts so if Sydian ever sees it his eyes will melt out of his skull -it's a trap-

In this challenge you pick your crest and deal with the limitations that come with it, a lot of color and type requirements some even have sprite and height requirements

Also I'm still working on my Save the Pokemon even though the deadline has come and gone because I need to beat Sapphire so I can take those Pokemon to the Pokepark

I just now got my 7th badge. I'm gangsta.

Alternative
June 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe there should be a "You must be this tall to challenge" challenge. Simply put, you measure yourself, and if you're shorter than 2 meters tall, you can't participate in the challenge.
Jokes aside, but I think it could be a decent challenge. You're given a number, and you're only allowed to use Pokemon who are taller, or shorter, or averaged around that height or something. :P

560cool.
June 4th, 2011, 04:47 AM
This thread almost hit 2,000 posts =). I was around on the 1,000th point, and that was back in Oct.-Nov. I think. Wow. :O

In other words... I can't get to challenges. Yet. 2 more exams, Final Fantasy IV, and naps. And then I'll finish my stupid Platinum Favorite (which I started in, uhhh, October. And I still didn't beat Wake, I think).

This post made me remember about how much I suck. D:

PS : I have almost 2,000 posts as well. :-D Finally some good news.

LightOfTruth
June 4th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Happy Birthday to the challenges area, One of the best places on PC :)

jespoke
June 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Hi, happy birthday, Im back to... mostly talk with you, because in not challenging much with my Minecraft, PMD-Time playthrough and the RP corner taking my time.