• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I hope you guys do realize that just because we come up with challenge ideas in this thread, it doesn't mean it has to be made. I don't want people running a ton of challenges and/or not entering what they start. A lot of challenges don't get approved just because of that one rule about participating. I have no tolerance for it. But if you can keep up with it and any other challenges you host, that's fine...just have fun completing them all.
I feel as if I'm some kind of exception...
What about something called Pokemon survival, it would be the hardest challenge ever, no poke centers or marts, live off what you find in the wild, and if a Pokemon faints too bad, that's right 6 pokemon the whole game!
I was sort of joking but I'd like to see if someone could do it, *points at myrrhman*
I'll add that to my list of stuff to do. Right now I'm working on completing every Ultimate Monotype Challenge, and through this, I will eventually need a break.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ya know, even though they make the games easier, I feel bad that legendary Pokemon get left out of challenges. Maybe add on a little rules to said legendary Pokemon, like keeping it ten levels under your other teammates (that would drive me nuts, but...) and only allowing one legendary if chosen. I normally don't like using legendaries, but in HGSS, it's just the novelty of having them follow me. =w=

Also, hope you guys like the new thread title. I figure that since the other section DCCs change titles, why can't we? (Well, this isn't a DCC, but CI&D sounds cool too, haha.)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I do indeed like the name of the thread now. But there's a couple of slight problems.

#1: Went is not active in this challenge. And that's breaking Sydian's rules.
#2: He also needs to update the OP with people who are active in the challenge, and make a champion section for those who have completed the challenge. I think that "gave an idea for challenge" constitutes active in the challenge, and "gave an idea for a challenge, and there is now a challenge because of them" constitutes champion.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
a non evo thread, u can only use pokemon that dont have a baby form or a evolution, so u could use Farfetche'd gengiskhan,skarmory,spinda,lapras, and so on

cannot use snorlax, jinx, and so on,

say ur doing this game on RBY where snorlax and jinx dont have a baby form yet they are allowed,

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I do indeed like the name of the thread now. But there's a couple of slight problems.

#1: Went is not active in this challenge. And that's breaking Sydian's rules.
#2: He also needs to update the OP with people who are active in the challenge, and make a champion section for those who have completed the challenge. I think that "gave an idea for challenge" constitutes active in the challenge, and "gave an idea for a challenge, and there is now a challenge because of them" constitutes champion.

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. I was talking to someone on the phone and they were so confused when I tried to explain.

a non evo thread, u can only use pokemon that dont have a baby form or a evolution, so u could use Farfetche'd gengiskhan,skarmory,spinda,lapras, and so on

cannot use snorlax, jinx, and so on,

say ur doing this game on RBY where snorlax and jinx dont have a baby form yet they are allowed,

Ah, that challenge has been done plenty of times methinks.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Okay come on, I think its time we start innovating and make something AS GOOD AS NUZLOCKE, and don't anyone say "NOTHING'S BETTER THAN NUZLOCKE :p"
We've had some good ideas on here, but they aren't the titan that Nuzlocke is, there's got to be some way to create a real bond with your Pokemon, anyone have ideas.

Let's start with this-Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon allowed, now someone add on

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The only use Pokemon that are as tall as you challenge! That would be interesting ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only use Pokemon that are as tall as you challenge! That would be interesting ^_^

Or go by weight. :o That sounds interesting though. Never had a suggestion like that.

Okay come on, I think its time we start innovating and make something AS GOOD AS NUZLOCKE, and don't anyone say "NOTHING'S BETTER THAN NUZLOCKE :p"
We've had some good ideas on here, but they aren't the titan that Nuzlocke is, there's got to be some way to create a real bond with your Pokemon, anyone have ideas.

Let's start with this-Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon allowed, now someone add on

Personally, I like random challenges better. Nuzlocke would make me way too sad. :( There are plenty of Nuzlockes though, so there's no point in making a new thread and just adding on that rule. It could be an added difficulty option in the threads that already exist, though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Do you mean our actual height (or, with Sydian's suggestion, weight), or the height (/weight) of the in-game character?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Do you mean our actual height (or, with Sydian's suggestion, weight), or the height (/weight) of the in-game character?

Actual height; so if you are 5'6 you could use Pokemon that are 5, 5'1, 5'2, 5'3, 5'4, 5'5, 5'6, 5'7, 5'8, 5'9, 5'10, and 5'11 feet tall.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm short and don't weigh anything. :( I would not be allowed a lot of Pokemon, lmao. Tentacool weighs more than me, fml. ;-;

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
can you post a sticky for people to post Nuzlocke Comics on, Sydian? (MOAR NUZLOCKE :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That seems kinda pointless. Couldn't that just be posted in the art forum or something? idk. I think you're the only one obsessed with Nuzlocke, lmao.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Go to this thread, see what Pokemon you seem to be like, then use it in a solo run.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
That seems kinda pointless. Couldn't that just be posted in the art forum or something? idk. I think you're the only one obsessed with Nuzlocke, lmao.

yup, you'd be right :)
Nuzlocke FTW!!!!!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Has anyone posted a "Don't use the Pokemon Center to Heal / Only Deposit Pokemon with Full Health and Good Status" Challenge? Try it :)
It takes a long time. You need to rely on solely Elixirs, Ethers, and Leppa Berries for PP and you have to be cautious in upgrading your attacks, since they lose max PP as they get stronger :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, sounds like the No Pokemon Center run I mentioned a few posts back. I wish I could remember who did it on YouTube. It was stellar. He sold TMs he didn't use so that he could make money to re-buy the TMs he had used. And it was a solo run too, so...yeah. He did it with Charizard. Pretty awesome, I must say.

So, this is also a challenge discussion amirite? Here's some kickers for y'all:

What challenges are you currently doing?
I'm doing a random challenge on Diamond and HeartGold. For Diamond, my team will be Chinchou, Drifloon, Magcargo, Hitmonchan, Quagsire, and Skuntank. And HG will be Furret, Azumarill, Grumpig, Floatzel, Alakazam, and Breloom. I say I got pretty lucky with my teams, haha.

What are your favorite kinds of challenges and why?
Random and scramble challenges. Scrambles are a little weird because you need people in the challenge to assign you Pokemon, but I digress. Both can cause you to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally use, and I'm determined to have used every Pokemon at least once. :)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@gymnotide, so you mean you can't catch a pokemon unless its at perfect health and status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back