PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Went
June 1st, 2010, 01:14 PM
If you have a good idea for a challenge thread but you can't take part on it, here is the place to post your suggestions and discuss them with other people, so somebody else can use them to start their own challenges.

So, post away!http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/eventimages/eastereggs/16.png

Forever
June 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
Idk someone should try just going through the main game up to Red on HG/SS with just shinies (including shiny starter.) That'd take a LOT of hours, but...kind of interesting if someone did pull off that challenge. Not that I have the patience to participate.. XD;

why is this forum dead

WriteThemWrong
June 13th, 2010, 10:14 PM
what about one where you only use pokemon that would likely live around where you are? like i live in arizona, a desert, so sandshrew, cacnea, trapinch, etc.

Missingno.7-4468
June 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
How about one where, if one of your Pokemon faints, you have to release it? That would be interesting...

.Kaiser
June 13th, 2010, 10:53 PM
How about one where, if one of your Pokemon faints, you have to release it? That would be interesting...

That's the Nuzlocke challenge.
Check a few threads.

zappyspiker
June 14th, 2010, 01:47 AM
-Speed Runs - Fastest Time
-Combined Challenges - Combining 2 or more challenges together
-Gym Leader Challenge - Playing the game using only pokemon a specific gym leader uses.
-Moveset Challenge - You pick the team you play with but other members choose the moveset
-Habitat Challenge - I liked WriteThemWrong's idea with pokemon in the same habitat (Grassland Pokémon, Forest Pokémon, Water's-edge Pokémon, Sea Pokémon, Cave Pokémon, Mountain Pokémon, Rough-terrain Pokémon, Urban Pokémon)

-Egg Group Challenge (Though I probably want to do this one).
Your team may only consist of Pokemon from the same Egg group

.Kaiser
June 14th, 2010, 02:07 AM
-Gym Leader Challenge - Playing the game using only pokemon a specific gym leader uses.
-Moveset Challenge - You pick the team you play with but other members choose the moveset
-Habitat Challenge - I liked WriteThemWrong's idea with pokemon in the same habitat (Grassland Pokémon, Forest Pokémon, Water's-edge Pokémon, Sea Pokémon, Cave Pokémon, Mountain Pokémon, Rough-terrain Pokémon, Urban Pokémon)

There already are Gym Leader Challenges.

myrrhman
June 14th, 2010, 05:50 AM

They've actually tried in the past most of the challenges you suggested. I was a member in both the egg group and habitat challenges, but they didn't last long. I tried to do sorta your idea with the combined challenge, but it was like four challenges long, and it didn't catch on either. But the moveset challenge would be pretty interesting.

Blade Axel
June 14th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hello! I'm not good in english!

I could not find a challenge that is the type in which the creator of the challenge which he says will be his pokes, there is something like this?

zappyspiker
June 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I could re attempt to do with the Habitat or Egg groups unless I could think of doing another Challenge.

I would do this Challenge but I don't know if it would work (Something tells me it won't work).
The Pokemon Special/Adventures Challenge. Where you have to choose the same team as a particular character from Pokemon Special/Adventures.
Or the same thing but based of the characters from the Anime.

batmon
June 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM
A challenge where you only use Metronome would be interesting.

Amore
June 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I could re attempt to do with the Habitat or Egg groups unless I could think of doing another Challenge.

I would do this Challenge but I don't know if it would work (Something tells me it won't work).
The Pokemon Special/Adventures Challenge. Where you have to choose the same team as a particular character from Pokemon Special/Adventures.
Or the same thing but based of the characters from the Anime.

Lol, I do that all the time. Currently on a Red run of LeafGreen. I refuse to do Yellow coz she also has Pikachu xD.

How about a "phobia challenge"?? Where you only do pokemon that would scare you in real life.

I.e. I would use bugs,dark types and rodents, as they scare me. Oh, and aquatic creatures. And birds. Coz I only really like mammals (marsupials aren't bad)

EDIT: I also tried starting a challenge where you only use one move, and it has to go on all your pokemon. No HM Slaves, must be able to gain that move (or a pokemon that learns it) before 2nd badge, trade for dragons and steels. You can use your other moveslots, but you must learn and keep the chosen move.

Sadly, it failed.

shortdan1998
June 14th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Lol, I do that all the time. Currently on a Red run of LeafGreen. I refuse to do Yellow coz she also has Pikachu xD.

How about a "phobia challenge"?? Where you only do pokemon that would scare you in real life.

I.e. I would use bugs,dark types and rodents, as they scare me. Oh, and aquatic creatures. And birds. Coz I only really like mammals (marsupials aren't bad)

EDIT: I also tried starting a challenge where you only use one move, and it has to go on all your pokemon. No HM Slaves, must be able to gain that move (or a pokemon that learns it) before 2nd badge, trade for dragons and steels. You can use your other moveslots, but you must learn and keep the chosen move.

Sadly, it failed.
I'd love to do a run with a Mono-attack challenge! Surf/Waterfall only! Hehe.... That would be awesome. :D

ConnorV
June 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Egg group and habitat challenges would be cool, I'd do em.

WriteThemWrong
June 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
A challenge where you only use Metronome would be interesting.
hell yeah. but how many pokemon learn metronome?
:D

ConnorV
June 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
hell yeah. but how many pokemon learn metronome?

Once you have the TM, the move tutor and breeding a fair amount of them can learn metronome, especially in Gen III.

Amore
June 15th, 2010, 09:49 AM
But most challenges tend to involve no trading, and no migration to complete them either.

HaloSonic
June 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
maybe the Gym Leader Challence an be expanded to all the generations, not just RBYGSC.

zappyspiker
June 16th, 2010, 12:37 AM
^Someone needs to do the Elite Four Challenge

Itz Spadezz
June 16th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Or can make it an ultimate gym leader run. Where you have to go through every game as one gym leader.

rndm.
June 16th, 2010, 07:51 AM
What about a "choose a theme" challenge, where you can... well, choose a theme from the options given to you. Yes, all challenges have a theme, but this would include smaller themes which are too small for standalone challenges.
Examples:
-HGSS Sinnoh evolution run (The 5 new dex additions)
-Signature move pokemon run
...and that's all I have.

And then the "Weak pokemon challenge", where you can only use pokemon which have a Base Stat Total of under 400.

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/175.gif

Charmageddon
June 16th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I've got an idea for one - the Gym Type Challenge. You have to beat each gym using only Pokemon of that gym's type - so you must beat Misty using only Water-types, Erika using only Grass types, Whitney using only Normal-types, etc. Would you guys play this challenge or is it a bit too much?

myrrhman
June 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Hello! I'm not good in english!

I could not find a challenge that is the type in which the creator of the challenge which he says will be his pokes, there is something like this?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. There is a challenge called "Random Pokemon Challenge" hosted by WriteThemWrong, in which the creator picks the Pokemon for everyone using a Random Pokemon Generator.

You also might be thinking of a scramble challenge, where you post saying how many Pokemon you want to have, and everyone else gives you one Pokemon, and if you want them to, moves that it has to learn or moves that it can't learn. There's one for the third generation hosted by Ru-Kun
I've got an idea for one - the Gym Type Challenge. You have to beat each gym using only Pokemon of that gym's type - so you must beat Misty using only Water-types, Erika using only Grass types, Whitney using only Normal-types, etc. Would you guys play this challenge or is it a bit too much?
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. MYRRHMAN APPROVES.

It would be hard, because you can't keep one Pokemon for very long. I guess you would have to make an exception to brock or something, because iirc there aren't any rocks you get before him. But yeah, I would totally do this. Would you do it for the elite four too? Because you wouldn't be able to switch teams out in between battles, and you would have to have like one of each type. That could prove challenging. I'd do it.

Charmageddon
June 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA. MYRRHMAN APPROVES.

It would be hard, because you can't keep one Pokemon for very long.You could re-use Pokemon though - eg. Venasaur, the Grass/Poison type, would be allowed to be used at both Erika's gym and Koga's.

I guess you would have to make an exception to brock or something, because iirc there aren't any rocks you get before him.Yeah, exceptions would be made if you cannot get any Pokemon of that certain type. I'm pretty sure Brock and Roxanne are the only gyms you cannot do though.

Would you do it for the elite four too? Because you wouldn't be able to switch teams out in between battles, and you would have to have like one of each type.I can think of three ways we could do it.

a) The challenge ends when the 8th gym leader is defeated.
b) You must use only the type of ONE of the E4 members (eg. in Sinnoh you must monotype with either Bug, Fire, Ground or Psychic).
c) You can use any of the Pokemon you have used for any of the gym battles.

Which do you think is best?

That could prove challenging. I'd do it.Awesome. I'll try and set the thread up later tonight.

.EJ
June 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I would probably start the habitat challenge or Speed run. However I'm afraid some jackass will Photoshop their evidence to show just how "fast" they are...

Habitat sounds cool though.

Itz Spadezz
June 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I would probably start the habitat challenge or Speed run. However I'm afraid some jackass will Photoshop their evidence to show just how "fast" they are...

Habitat sounds cool though.

I would do a habitat if you made it sounds pretty cool and I'm always up for a new fresh way to play the game.

hack1
June 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM
what about one where you only use pokemon that would likely live around where you are? like i live in arizona, a desert, so sandshrew, cacnea, trapinch, etc.

Good idea. I really want to do challenge like that.

zappyspiker
June 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I would do a habitat if you made it sounds pretty cool and I'm always up for a new fresh way to play the game.

I started the HG/SS Habitat Challenge yet although no one has started it yet

Blu·Ray
June 18th, 2010, 09:22 AM
What about a Single Ability challenge? Where you are only allowed to use Pokémons with a single ability?

Itz Spadezz
June 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM

I was gonna join but I dont want to restart my soul silver and I can't emulate it. If it was any different gen I would have been able to do it.

Derblu
June 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM

I can think of three ways we could do it.

a) The challenge ends when the 8th gym leader is defeated.
b) You must use only the type of ONE of the E4 members (eg. in Sinnoh you must monotype with either Bug, Fire, Ground or Psychic).
c) You can use any of the Pokemon you have used for any of the gym battles.

You could also only be able to use the pokemon from your team that correspond with the current e4 member is. So if you had this team in emerald:

Sableye
Walrein
Flygon
Sharpedo
Salamence
Banette

You could use Sableye and Sharpedo for Sidney because they're dark type
You could use Sableye and Banette for Phoebe because they're ghost type
You could use Walrein for Glacia because it's ice type
You could use Flygon and Salamence for Drake because they're dragon type
You could use Walrein and Sharpedo for Wallace because they're water type

O_o It's a terrible team, but you get my point. (I hope)

.EJ
June 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM

Frikkin' sweet dude, I'll prolly join. I don't see it though...

How about speed runs?

WriteThemWrong
June 18th, 2010, 10:58 PM
there's an ostrich farm no too far from my town, dodrio pwnage :)

yeah i don't see that challenge topic on here either. i'm not really active enough on to start a challenge thread myself, if anyone wants to start one for the habitat idea then be my guest.

zappyspiker
June 19th, 2010, 01:40 AM
I was gonna join but I dont want to restart my soul silver and I can't emulate it. If it was any different gen I would have been able to do it.

I might start another one but ain't sure yet. Though probably someone else may start a different Gen

Frikkin' sweet dude, I'll prolly join. I don't see it though...

How about speed runs?

It's on the 2nd page now. And what about Speed runs?

The Sceptile King
June 19th, 2010, 03:20 AM
maybe the fr/lg nuzlocke challenge

me?I'm in a fr/lg monotype

Sleet
June 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I would try a Habitat challenge after my Monotype one, Although I live in the middle of nowhere so my team would be:
A dog ( Growlithe maybe)
A bird (Pidgey?)
A Rat (Rattata :( )
A Cat (Meowth?)
A Dragon (Dragonite?) (Just kidding about the Dragon :P )

Charmageddon
June 19th, 2010, 11:37 AM
You could also only be able to use the pokemon from your team that correspond with the current e4 member is. So if you had this team in emerald:

Sableye
Walrein
Flygon
Sharpedo
Salamence
Banette

You could use Sableye and Sharpedo for Sidney because they're dark type
You could use Sableye and Banette for Phoebe because they're ghost type
You could use Walrein for Glacia because it's ice type
You could use Flygon and Salamence for Drake because they're dragon type
You could use Walrein and Sharpedo for Wallace because they're water type

O_o It's a terrible team, but you get my point. (I hope)

I think that would be too hard, and would require too much grinding, and would really limit your choices.

I went with B in the end.

.EJ
June 19th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I meant openng up a speed run thread. This way people can compete for the best time. They must supply evidence of their final time. The evidence is subject to evaluation, etc, etc.

Gulpin
June 20th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I think a cool/fun challenge would be to make a new team after each gym leader, only using Pokemon you can find while getting from the city of the previous gym leader to the next gym leader. So you can catch any Pokemon while going up to Pewter City and use them against Brock, then deposit all but one in the PC, and make a whole new team to use against Misty (weather it is just one Pokemon or a whole team of 6). And for the E4 you can use any Pokemon that you used for any of the gym leaders, but at the level you deposited them.

WriteThemWrong
June 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think a cool/fun challenge would be to make a new team after each gym leader, only using Pokemon you can find while getting from the city of the previous gym leader to the next gym leader. So you can catch any Pokemon while going up to Pewter City and use them against Brock, then deposit all but one in the PC, and make a whole new team to use against Misty (weather it is just one Pokemon or a whole team of 6). And for the E4 you can use any Pokemon that you used for any of the gym leaders, but at the level you deposited them.
i like that idea, i like any idea of using new pokemon or ones you haven't used before. pidgey or zubat would be on every team in red and blue :D. it would also be hard around saffron and celadon because there's only that little route and patch of grass in between them

The Sceptile King
June 20th, 2010, 12:46 PM
hey people
i made the home challenge

Unionhack
June 20th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I recently finished a Nuzclocke run on Silver version (and by finished I mean I lost before the fifth gym leader), so I'm not doing another one of those for a while.

I once did a one-gender-only run. Rules are that the gender of your starter dictates what kind of gender pokemon you can catch. Believe it or not, it makes it quite a bit harder to catch a few pokemon.

myrrhman
June 21st, 2010, 09:42 AM
I meant openng up a speed run thread. This way people can compete for the best time. They must supply evidence of their final time. The evidence is subject to evaluation, etc, etc.
Everyone who wants to do this should join PROJECT ALPHA FAN. We're working on beating the record for Blue Version (which according to the Guiness Book of Video Games Records currently is at 1:55). Except its not really a free for all challenge, its more of a team challenge. Nevertheless, I think it would be cool to try to collectively get the record in every game.

emoxy
June 24th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I had this idea in mind a while back, the Mono-AttackType challenge. Basically, your Pokemon's moves must correspond to their type.

For example, a Blastoise would only be allowed to use a moveset such as Surf, Hydro Cannon, Withdraw, Rain Dance, all of which are Water type. (Obviously by considering this, dual-type Pokemon are a lot more useful probably)

Coming off my mind right away are moves such as Confuse Ray which could only be present on Ghost Pokemon.

The rule would be that you must delete moves of type not matching that Pokemon as soon as possible, either by overwriting them with the appropriate moves or deleting them. It would be a must to enforce that by the time you meet the move deleter, you MUST delete all non-matching type moves.

An alternative way to make the challenge easier to implement would be to do it the other way round, i.e. your Pokemon's moves must NOT be of the same type as the Pokemon itself; i.e. a Charizard with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Swords Dance and Dragon Claw.
(This would make the challenge much easier, imo, as you have a lot more coverage, though you lose STAB)

amberfunk
June 25th, 2010, 07:00 PM
I like that idea for a challenge emoxy. You should start a challenge like that. I would definitely join:) It sounds like a lot of fun.
I put up a challenge myself today. I hope some people join and its not just me doing my challenge all alone. I made a challenge where you can only use pokemon that are similar to pets in the real world.

crehym
June 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I was thinking of a ShinyGoldX nuzlocke challenge since that game is pretty hard.

ArcanineOod
June 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Has anyone got any ideas for Mystery Dungeon challenges? I know that most of the conventional challenges would be pretty hard/impossible to do because you and your partner have to be different types, but still. I also realise that the Mystery Dungeon games take EONS to complete, so any threads would probably die before anyone completed the challenge. It's just that I have so many spare MD cartridges and I'd love to do a couple of challenges on them.

Here are some challenges I thought of for MD. Not amazing, but still. Worth chucking out there for opinions.

~ No Gummis - no eating gummis, so no IQ increase. Cuts off some useful IQ skills (such as nonsleeper).
~ No Held Items - Held items are a large part of MD, so a challenge where you can't use them could be... Challenging.
~ No Recruiting - Just you and your partner all the way through. I know quite a few people do this anyway, so perhaps not.
~ No Power Ups - Such as Ginseng and Protein/Iron etc. Possibly used in conjuction with the No Gummi challenge.
~ No Wonder Orbs - No using Orbs. Could be a challenge for those who rely on Petrify Orbs or the like to see them through Monster Houses.
~ A challenge where only you use Moves - turn moves off for your partner and only let them use their regular attack.
~ No Extra Dungeons - Only visit the dungeons essential to the storyline.

What do you lot think? Any potential for an MD challenge or two, or is it best to focus on the main games?
xX

myrrhman
June 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I originally had a sort of mystery dungeon challenge, where you basically played like mystery dungeon: you could only have 3 Pokemon at a time, you sharked in your first two from the normal mystery dungeon starters list, and you had to have one of them with you at all times.

ArcanineOod
June 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hmm. That would require you having to use a cheating device, though, and many people don't like to do that.
xX

Gulpin
June 30th, 2010, 06:00 AM
A cool challenge to do would be to only use the first 6 (or 5 if you want a slot for an HM Slave) Pokemon that you encounter. So if you run into a Bidoof and faint it you must catch a Bidoof as soon as possible. And if you want different Pokemon on your team you can take the games slow and look for Pokemon where you want to.

myrrhman
June 30th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Hmm. That would require you having to use a cheating device, though, and many people don't like to do that.
xX
Yeah, I think that's why it didn't catch on.

jespoke
July 1st, 2010, 11:42 AM
I had an idea, The Version-Exclusive Challenge (Or: The Not-in-the-counterpart Challenge):D

A Challenge where you´re only allowed to use pokemons who don´t appear in the counterpart, like Fx using Vileplume in Firered or Victreebel in Leafgreen.

If anyone likes the idea i can host it between my other 2 challenges, or if someone else wants to, i would happily join.:D

myrrhman
July 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
I would probably end up doing that because I'm going to do every challenge. The only problem is that in some versions it takes a while to get those Pokemon iirc.

Melody
July 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
Here's an idea: 3 Moveslot HM Challenge

This challenge is not intended to cripple game play beyond the below listed rules. We don't want to make it too insanely difficult to play. If you want to make it interesting, offer the more restrictive rules under a 'challenge tier' so that not everyone is bound to them.

Additionally this challenge is meant to provide a breath of fresh air to those who are tired of the same old basic challenges which restrict types or number of party Pokemon and such.

Naturally, if you choose to host this challenge, I only ask that you follow the host rules.
The host rules are in place to preserve the spirit of this challenge, which is simply to be something that is unique but not overly restrictive.

Feel free to insert rules to ensure proper updating of the thread about the player's current progress.

The rules:
3 Usable Moveslots: (Essentially you must fill the extra moveslot with any HM)

1. This challenge starts officially only after you've obtained your first HM in the game. This gives you time to build a starting team up, trade in usable Pokemon, ect.
1a. No hacked Pokemon please. If you cannot legally obtain it, you must not hack it in.
1b. You may store Pokemon in the PC and actively swap members of your team to stay in compliance with the rules.
1c. All Pokemon in your battling team MUST know ONE HM move.
1d. You must designate your starting Pokemon in your entry post. This can be any of the starter Pokemon you can choose from at the beginning of the game or any Pokemon you can legally obtain via trading before you obtain your first HM.
1e. Your designated Starter Pokemon MUST be able to learn at least ONE HM found in your game. It cannot be traded to your game as your starter if it knows any HM moves.
1f. You may trade Pokemon to your game to add to your team
1g. You may not trade Pokemon who know HM moves you have not obtained in the game or lack the badge to use outside of battle. (This means you cant trade a Pokemon that knows Fly to your game unless you have found the Fly HM AND have the badge required to use it outside of battle
1h. This challenge is completed when you defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion. (Essentially when the credits roll for the first time)

2. When you obtain your first HM, One Pokemon in your team must immediately learn the HM.
2a. Any Pokemon who cannot or do not learn that HM must boxed away.
2b. See Rules 4a, 4b and 4c, as they apply here. (4b and 4c don't apply if the optional rules are omitted)
2c. With the exception of your Starter Pokemon. This means you can keep the Pokemon who learned the HM and your Starter.
2d. If you do not teach your designated Starter the first HM, you must teach it the first one you are able to teach it.

3. When you obtain a new HM, you must be able to teach it to ONE Pokemon in your team immediately. Please do some research if you must to ensure you don't find an HM you cant teach to any of your current party members.
3a. You may carry only one Pokemon which lacks an HM move, but it MUST NOT participate in battle.
3b. [Optional Challenge Rule]If all other Pokemon have fainted, and you have No Revives to use to obey Rule 3a, then you have lost the challenge.
3c. If you are carrying a Pokemon with no HM, you must ensure that it can learn the next HM you find.
3d. [Optional Challenge Rule]If you find the next HM and the Pokemon qualifying under Rule 3c is unable to learn the HM immediately, then you have lost the challenge.

4. Upon catching any Pokemon, you must immediately teach it any HM move if it lands in your party. No exceptions. If it goes straight to your PC, it's fine.
4a. If it is unable to learn any of your HMs, you must proceed straight to the next PC. in the game and box it. No exceptions.
4b. [Optional Challenge Rule]If after catching a Pokemon that qualifies under Rule 4a, you are at any point in the game where you cannot immediately proceed to a PC without completing another portion of the storyline, or participating in any trainer battle, then you have lost the challenge.
4c. [Optional Challenge Rule]When you are qualified under rule 4b, If you catch any Pokemon, stop at any PokeMart/Department Store, or enter any other building that does not contain a PC and interact with any characters in there, you have automatically lost the challenge.

5. You must not use your HM moves in battle This includes ALL moves, even the ones that reduce stats and are useless after 6 uses on one opponent Pokemon.
5a. Except when all other moves have 0 PP remaining
5b. You may switch Pokemon when your attack moves run out of PP, but you are not required to do so, you may exhaust all other moves PP if you feel you must use the HM.

6. You may not use any HM slaves. Your team must know the necessary HMs to pass through the terrain.
6a. No Pokemon may know more than one HM move. The HMs must be distributed equally amongst your team.
6b. [Optional Challenge Rule]No two Pokemon in your party can know the same HM move.
6c. [Optional Challenge Rule]If any Pokemon qualify under Rule 6c, they MUST NOT participate in battle.

Rules for potential hosts:
1. You must not add any rules banning any specific Pokemon which can be legally obtained.
1a. You may tier your challengers based upon the Pokemon they select, but you may not decline any challenger entry based upon the legally obtainable Pokemon they selected.
1b. You may not decline any challengers because you did not include a tier for the Pokemon they have selected. (All Pokemon must fall into one of your challenge tiers)
1c. You must not add any rules banning the use of any legally obtainable items or legally learned moves which cannot be used outside of battle
1d. This challenge may not be combined with any other challenge which contains rules which violate these host rules.
1e. If you intend to combine this challenge with any other, you must remove any rules which violate these host rules.
1f. You must credit me when hosting this challenge. Just mention me somewhere ok?
1g. You may not edit the rules which are not optional or insert rules which override them in any situation.

2. You may omit any rules marked [Optional Challenge Rule].
2a. It is recommended that you include a tier of challengers for which the Optional Challenge Rules do apply. This is not required.
2b. When following 2a, you must not ban any Legitimately Obtainable Pokemon from challenge play tiers.
2c. You may add any rules to make the challenge more challenging to this tier so long as they are not expressly prohibited by any other Host Rule.
2d. You may not enforce the Optional Challenge Rules upon all entrants and offer no tier without those rules. Either you have a tier without Optional Rules or you do without them entirely.

3. Rule 1 and it's children apply to all tiers, including challenge play tiers. Rule 2 and it's children only applies to challenge play tiers.

myrrhman
July 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Wait... Rule 6 says you can't have any HM slaves, but you can only have one HM per battle. What if you need more than 6 HMs?

Melody
July 1st, 2010, 06:36 PM
Can you cite any areas in any Pokemon game which requires you to carry all 7 HMs?
(I bet you can't because Fly does not open the path to anything you must pass through to complete the game)

Additionally, an HM slave is a pokemon that knows more than one HM, and you can't use HMs in battle.

Note that there have been several refining edits to the previous post as well, feel free to raise any further concerns

myrrhman
July 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't actually think of what the HMs did XD. I guess you don't ever need Fly or Flash/Defog. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver you need Cut, Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Rock Climb though, don't you?

Melody
July 1st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Actually I think Flash/Defog are useful when you're crawling through caves/areas that are Dark/Foggy, so I wouldn't require people to do without those moves, but if you've played through the game enough already you probably won't always need them in those situations either. xD

jespoke
July 2nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
Ok, a list of the first obtainable Version Exclusve pokemons:

Red: Mankey, Before 1. Gym
Blue: Meowth, Before 1. Gym

Gold/Heart Gold: Spinarak, Before 1. Gym
Silver/Soul Silver: Ledyba, Before 1. Gym

Ruby: Seedot, Before 1. Gym
Sapphire: Lotad, Before 1. Gym

Fire Red: Ekans, Before 2. Gym
Leaf Green: Sandshrew, Before 2. Gym

Diamond: Cranidos, Before 2. Gym
Pearl: Shieldon, Before 2. Gym

Or, For the ones who use the 3. versions, its enought the pokemon only is missing in 1 of the others:

Yellow: Mankey, Before 1. Gym

Crystal: Lediba or Spinarak, Before 1. Gym

Emerald: Seedot or Lotad, Before 1. Gym

Platinum: Shieldon(Last number in ID even) or Cranidos(Last number in ID odd), Before 2. Gym

Charmageddon
July 2nd, 2010, 08:48 AM
I think that challenge would overly limit what Pokemon you can choose, without actually making it much harder.

myrrhman
July 2nd, 2010, 04:10 PM
I think I agree with Charmageddon. While its a good idea, you'd be limited to like 4 Pokemon per run, which isn't that bad, but still, you're almost doing a solo challenge.

redsaber5859
July 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
Hm slave challenge
You would go through with only pokemon that are hm slaves, such as a bibarel with strength, cut, surf, and I forgot what else lol, you must have all pokemon the pat know an hm, and to make it more challenging, ONLY out of battle moves, like sweet scent, hms, dig, etc.

myrrhman
July 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
Hm slave challenge
You would go through with only pokemon that are hm slaves, such as a bibarel with strength, cut, surf, and I forgot what else lol, you must have all pokemon the pat know an hm, and to make it more challenging, ONLY out of battle moves, like sweet scent, hms, dig, etc.
That's sort of similar-but-actually-opposite to pachy's challenge. I see this one being more feasible, with significantly fewer rules. One thing you might want to add in is that once your Pokemon learns an HM, it can only use that HM, unless it learns another HM. So like, if you had a Bibarel that knew Cut, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Hyper Beam, you couldn't use Hyper Beam.

redsaber5859
July 2nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
That's sort of similar-but-actually-opposite to pachy's challenge. I see this one being more feasible, with significantly fewer rules. One thing you might want to add in is that once your Pokemon learns an HM, it can only use that HM, unless it learns another HM. So like, if you had a Bibarel that knew Cut, Rock Smash, Waterfall, and Hyper Beam, you couldn't use Hyper Beam.

Good idea, and ya, is kinda like pachysandra, but mine is more strict as you can o ly have hms and out of battle moves

myrrhman
July 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Is there any way to give multiple people the ability to edit the original post on threads? I'm pretty sure moderators can delete messages that they find offensive or spam, but can ordinary people be given some kind of special privilege for certain threads without just making an account for the thread and giving each person the password?

hack1
July 4th, 2010, 04:52 AM
There should be Single Species challenge where you can use only one species of Pokemon. My R/S/E Monotype was like that because I used only Linoones.

More ideas for PMD:
-PMD Scramble Challenge
-PMD Rercruit First Poke and use it Challenge
-PMD Nuzlocke Challenge (You can't use "Dead" team members anymore (Partner doesn't count))

myrrhman
July 4th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Here's the reason I was wondering:

One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing is a big edit of challenges. Like, there is a Monotype for every generation, as well as the ultimate. Same for Solo, and there are many other challenges that cover multi-generations in multiple challenges (Nuzlocke, Color, Gym Leader, etc). I wouldn't mind seeing a big cutdown, and only having one challenge for each of these. The OP would be a little more cluttered, but it could very easily just have one section describing the challenge and a spoiler for every generation (including the Ultimate). The reason I would propose this is that many people who do Ultimate Runs also sign up for the single runs (myself included). They would only have to place their updates in one place, and the number of challenges would drastically decrease and become more organized. Here is an example of what the Monotype Challenge would look like:

Monotype Challenge!!!
Play through a game using a team consisting of Pokemon that share a type.
Rules:
1. The challenge is over once you beat the Elite four if you are playing any game but GSC HG/SS, and after you beat Red in GSC HG/SS.
2. You may only use Pokemon of one type.
3. Dual types are allowed, and count toward a Monotype Challenge of either type. For example: if you are doing a Water Monotype Challenge, it is okay to have a Gyarados, which is part Water and part flying. If you are doing a Flying Monotype Challenge, it is also okay to have a Gyarados, because he, once again, is part water and part flying. Also, you may use a Pokemon that later evolves into a Pokemon with your type. Once again, if you are doing a Flying type run, you may use Magikarp, because it evolves into Gyarados, which is part Flying. This does not work the other way around, though. If you are doing a Normal type Challenge, and have an Eevee, you may not evolve it into a Jolteon, claiming that one of the evolutions was Normal.
4. You must catch the first Pokemon of your type before you challenge the third Gym Leader in all games but DPPt, in DPPt before you exit Eterna Forest.
5. You may have up to 3 HM slaves on your team.
6. No legendaries.
7. You may use an emulator, and the speed button, but don't use the emulator to cheat.
8. Multiple people may do the same type.
9. If you cannot obtain a Pokemon of your type before the requirement, you may either trade an egg from another game, trade a level 5 Pokemon or below from another game, or (if you are using an emulator) shark in a low level Pokemon of your type at the very beginning of the game. Make it reasonable, though. If you are doing a Steel type challenge, don't put in a Skarmory or Steelix or anything like that. Put in like a Magnemite.
10. No trading, unless you are evolving a Pokemon.
11. Update regularly.
12. This isn't a race. Take your time and have fun.
Challengers:
RBY:none yet
GSC:none yet
RSE:none yet
FR/LG:none yet
DPPt:none yet
HG/SS:none yet

Ulitimate Monotype Challenge:

One game not enough for you? Try this challenge, then. Beat every region with the same type. That means you can choose one game from RBY FR/LG, one from GSC HG/SS, one from RSE, and one from DPPt.
Challengers:none yet

This way, all those challenges would be combined into one, easy place for people to go. But we don't want the people who have the challenges to lose their status as OP if they still want to maintain it. So why not let multiple people maintain them (if possible). This will also result in the OP getting updated more frequently, if more people can update it.

Melody
July 4th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Hm slave challenge

...That's a horrible idea really. I considered that myself when composing my post, but I figured that would be far far too difficult since that severely limits the movepool to a tiny percentage. You would not be able to successfully complete the game without a lot of grinding. Most HMs don't do a terrible amount of damage. (You'd need a level 100 Pokemon to clear the e4)

myrrhman
July 4th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I dunno, you'd still be able to use Surf, Fly, Strength, Rock Climb, and Waterfall (depending on what game you play) and most Pokemon can learn at least one of those. Cut would be useless, but Flash for lowering accuracy would have a place, and Rock Smash is actually really useful.

Melody
July 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Despite that, they don't have a lot of power. They do damage, but not much. That and you have to consider types and such. Imagine trying to kill a steel type with nothing but HMs. Especially a Steelix in the E4, where the CPU is far more aggressive in it's play.

I've tested that before, pushing an HM slave through the E4, and it's almost impossible to do. The point of my challenge was to be challenging, but not next-to-impossible. (because my idea isn't just for challenge masters, it's meant to be doable by anyone...even a complete Pokemon Challenge novice.)

But yeah. Limited type selection and a very limited choice of moves, depending on which pokemon you choose would make it quite difficult to battle against types with resistance to the HM types. You'd be stalled for hours. Personally I think a challenge is a waste of time if it can't be completed in less than 20 hours...I guarantee you it'd take longer than 20 hours if you were only allowed to use HM moves in battle, because of the insane amount of grinding you'd have to do in order to beat the Gym Leaders and E4, not to mention the canon storyline battles with the Rival, and Evil Team(s) of the version.

Additionally there are only 6 rules overall to my challenge, but I spent time to flesh the rules out to explain what to do in different situations.

.Kaiser
July 4th, 2010, 11:36 PM
How about a challenge like a solo run, but you have 6 of that Pokemon?
I think that you be kinda fun.

myrrhman
July 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
How about a challenge like a solo run, but you have 6 of that Pokemon?
I think that you be kinda fun.
I actually thought about doing this at one time, except only with 6 Bibarels/Raticates (one time was blue and one time was diamond). I don't think that it would be a good idea though, because solo runs are hard. You'd just be making the challenge easier if you let them have more pokemon.

Dixie Kong
July 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I actually thought about doing this at one time, except only with 6 Bibarels/Raticates (one time was blue and one time was diamond). I don't think that it would be a good idea though, because solo runs are hard. You'd just be making the challenge easier if you let them have more pokemon.

I did that with 6 Bibarel and got bored. It's not a particularly fun challenge imo.

...That's a horrible idea really. I considered that myself when composing my post, but I figured that would be far far too difficult since that severely limits the movepool to a tiny percentage. You would not be able to successfully complete the game without a lot of grinding. Most HMs don't do a terrible amount of damage. (You'd need a level 100 Pokemon to clear the e4)

You're forgetting that it's called a challenge for a reason. I had an HM challenge for RSE long ago, but the rules allowed for one non-HM STAB move. For example, I had a Blaziken with Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Blaze Kick. All HMs had to be on the team and whoever could learn it had to learn it, unless it would take away your one STAB move.

Is there any way to give multiple people the ability to edit the original post on threads? I'm pretty sure moderators can delete messages that they find offensive or spam, but can ordinary people be given some kind of special privilege for certain threads without just making an account for the thread and giving each person the password?

Yeah, I can delete and edit posts, but y'all can't get those editing powers. I personally think it's stupid to make an account for one challenge. What if it falls through? What if one member goes crazy and trolls around the forum? Then you'd all get in trouble. Besides, it's just a challenge. It's not important enough for its own account.

ArcanineOod
July 7th, 2010, 03:13 PM
-PMD Rercruit First Poke and use it Challenge
-PMD Nuzlocke Challenge (You can't use "Dead" team members anymore (Partner doesn't count))

I do like the first one, but I, for one, hardly use team members apart from my partner and myself anyway, so it wouldn't bother me very much not being able to use the 'dead' team members.

shininglatios217
July 7th, 2010, 03:17 PM
What about a Pokémon Ranger solo run? I mean, only using your partner to catch Pokémon and the rest only to clear targets.

myrrhman
July 9th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Unfortunately, as with Mystery Dungeon and stuff like that, many Pokemon fans don't have spinoffs.

Lord_Storm
July 9th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Some one should make something like a rare pokemon challenge where you have to use the rarest pokemon on the games like Milotic for RSE or Spiritomb in DPPt, because it would be really hard to catch all of the rarest pokemon on one game before the elite four.

Dixie Kong
July 9th, 2010, 09:59 PM
It would take too long to get that rare Pokemon. You would have gone through half the game without it, so...

Unless you can think of other rare Pokemon. In RBY, Clefairy is hard to find. And the Safari Zone stuff is difficult, too. Like Kangaskhan, Tauros, and Chansey. And I guess One-of Pokemon would be included. Snorlax, Sudowoodo, you get me. Fossils could count, too. It just depends on what's considered "rare". And people would end up having the same teams, so...not much diversity imo.

Just because I kinda dig this challenge idea though, here's what I consider rare (excluding legendaries), in case anyone wants to start this one:

RBY/FRLG: Starter, Snorlax, Eevee+evolutions, Porygon, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Chansey, Lickitung, Farfetch'd, Clefairy/Clefable, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Dratini+evolutions, Omanyte/star, Kabuto/tops, Aerodactyl

GSC/HGSS: Starter, Sudowoodo, Shuckle, Lapras, Eevee+evolutions, Togepi/Togetic, Odd Egg's Pokemon (Crystal only), Dunsparce, Quilfish, Porygon(2), red Gyarados

RSE: Starter, Ralts+evolutions, Lileep/Cradily, Anorith/Armaldo, Absol, Feebas/Milotic, Relicanth, Castform, Beldum+evos, Chimecho

DPPt: Starter, Spiritomb, Feebas/Milotic, Eevee+evos (Platinum only), Cranidos/Rampardos, Shieldon/Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Mothim, Wormadam, Drifloon/blim, Riolu/Lucario, Skorupi/Drapion, Rotom, Porygon(2/Z -- Plat only)

Feel free to suggest more, or tell me why something shouldn't be in the list. RSE is the most difficult one, imo.

Lord_Storm
July 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
That's the kind of thing I mean, just catching the hard to find pokemon, like Seedot in Pokemon Emerald and Bagon in RSE for example.

Dixie Kong
July 9th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Ugh, I forgot Seedot. But yeah, I'm sure this could work. Forgot to put Bagon too. :| Considering how long you have to wait to be able to get it, then yeah, kinda rare. I've played RSE so many times though that I've found everything there is to find, so not much seems rare to me I guess.

Edit: And, just for the heck of it, if you just so happen to find a shiny, since that's rare, it can be used.

twinsandvikes777
July 9th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I have an idea, but no clue what to call it. My idea would be you have to catch your entire team before facing the first gym leader, so in RSE you could have Dustox/Beautifly, starter, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Poochyena/Mightyena, etc. Any ideas as to what it could be called?

myrrhman
July 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I think they have something like that called "first come first served" or something like that if i'm not mistaken.

twinsandvikes777
July 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Oh dang it.. well thanks for responding.

Dixie Kong
July 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I've had this challenge on my mind for a while now. I normally end up quitting a challenge halfway through because I either get bored or don't have the time, but yeah. I figured I might as well mention them in case someone else likes the idea.

PC Claims Challenge
For: all versions
Description: Like the name suggests, you use the Pokemon you've claimed on PC, whether you have 1 or 5 claimed. HM slaves are permitted. If you have a legendary claimed, it can be used. If it's a legendary that requires an event (such as Arceus) you can hack for it, or choose to go without it. If you have a middle or base evolution claimed, you must keep it at that because that's what you have claimed (ex: I would have to keep Quilava...nothing wrong with that though!) Depending on which game it's easier to get all the Pokemon you have claimed, that's what you'd play. Most of mine are Johto, so I'd probably go with GSC or HGSS. Also, the claim thread would have to be checked to make sure you're not lying about your claims. And if you're in the process of getting Pokemon claimed, the post where you claimed them must be linked to upon entering the challenge.

No one has to post this, lol. I just felt like getting it out of my system.

Lord_Storm
July 10th, 2010, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a cool idea Sydian, however I have never claimed a pokemon so I would have trouble with that challenge.

Dixie Kong
July 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Haha, go through the game with no Pokemon! Can you do it? XD But if you wanna claim a Pokemon, there's a sticky for it in Pokemon General. I suggest waiting for claims to go through though. Makes it easier to scan the list and make sure no one's lying about their claims.

Fire Wolf
July 10th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Sydian, someone could change their claims to say Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon and Ho-Oh just to easily beat that challenge and then change their claims back to normal..

myrrhman
July 11th, 2010, 05:52 AM
That wouldn't be too hard though, because my claims are like Starmie, Staraptor, Garchomp, Milotic, and Hippowdon or something.

Alternative
July 11th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Never been in this forum before. o_0
Anyway, what about making a challenge, where the person must go through the game using only one evolutionary line, excluding Eevee, and you must use every Pokemon from that evolutionary line.
Like if I ran through with the Machop line, then I would finish the game using only Machop, Machoke and Machamp, however, you can use more than one of the same Pokemon, like I could have four Machamp's, a Machoke and a Machop.
Of course, Pokemon that don't evolve would be prohibited from this challenge.

Dixie Kong
July 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Sydian, someone could change their claims to say Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon and Ho-Oh just to easily beat that challenge and then change their claims back to normal

Well, then we'll take out the rule about pending claims. Besides, Lightning doesn't update that thing everyday, and there's certain times you can claim/unclaim Pokemon (a month, I think?). Besides, I'm thinking most of those Pokemon are claimed by nubs anyway. Ugh. Besides, I don't think people are that stupid enough to bother changing all their claims, and risk losing their holding position with their current claims just to easily take down a challenge.

That wouldn't be too hard though, because my claims are like Starmie, Staraptor, Garchomp, Milotic, and Hippowdon or something.

See, that one's not too bad. That one could easily be done on DPPt...though I think you'd have to trade a Staryu over.

Never been in this forum before. o_0
Anyway, what about making a challenge, where the person must go through the game using only one evolutionary line, excluding Eevee, and you must use every Pokemon from that evolutionary line.
Like if I ran through with the Machop line, then I would finish the game using only Machop, Machoke and Machamp, however, you can use more than one of the same Pokemon, like I could have four Machamp's, a Machoke and a Machop.
Of course, Pokemon that don't evolve would be prohibited from this challenge

Haha, like...mono-evolution line challenge? I guess that would work. I don't think there are any out at the moment. It's kinda more like a mono-species run, but with evolving and not evolving. Ho hum.

myrrhman
July 11th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Gasp! Sydian made a double post!!! :P

Alternative, would you be able to use like Tyrogue and all three Hitmon's?

Charmageddon
July 12th, 2010, 02:56 AM
I like the Mono-evolution line challenge, I'd play that.

Ezashin Koori
July 12th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Idea 1: How about a time limit Challenge using the ingame time tracker? If that isn't enough, how about adding a current challenge as a bonus difficulty.

Idea 2: A multi-monotype challenge, where they need to complete each kind of monotype possible, at least through the 8th gym and two or three HM Slaves

Idea 3: Like the first idea, but instead of just a limit, how about a timeframe?

Alternative
July 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Idea 3: Like the first idea, but instead of just a limit, how about a timeframe?
I like this idea, but maybe make timeframes of certain points, like, you have until your game time reaches 1:00 to beat the first gym or something.

myrrhman
July 13th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Idea 1: How about a time limit Challenge using the ingame time tracker? If that isn't enough, how about adding a current challenge as a bonus difficulty.
There is. It's called Project Alpha Fan. The time limit is 1:58
Idea 2: A multi-monotype challenge, where they need to complete each kind of monotype possible, at least through the 8th gym and two or three HM Slaves
I'm pretty sure someone tried to make this for Hoenn, its like a different kind of ultimate Monotype. I know that I'm already working on this (especially for Blue/Red)
The timeframe would have to be very small, because I breeze through Monotypes where there is already a challenge in just a tad over an hour.

mrunner4home
July 15th, 2010, 05:55 AM
a good challenge is to do what I'm doing. raise EVERY POKEMON YOU OWN. meaning, keep all the pokemon you've caught at the same level/level them up all the same time. and try to catch every pokemon.

RULES:
1. the challenge lasts until you beat the elite 4 (or if you're playing hg/ss, until you beat it the second time)
2. you have to get every pokemon in the pokedex (the national pokedex doesn't count, just the pokedex of the generation you're playing)
3. you CAN trade (how will you get every pokemon otherwise?). if it makes it easier you can trade every pokemon you have so the exp gain will help the leveling up.
4. Unknown don't count with the leveling up part. but you have to get all the letters. every other pokemon counts.
5. see how high you can get every pokemon's level. can you get them all to lv 100??

it's a good way to get to know all your pokemon. it's fun

one thing I do for this is to have 6 separate pc boxes. one of them is psychic/ghost/dark, another is water/ice, another is fire/electric/dragon, another is rock/ground/steel, another is normal/fighting, and another is grass/bug/poison. yes, I know, there's no flying. but I don't think I've ever came across a pure flying-type. they're all dual types. so I put them in the box of the other type's (ie I put pidgey in the normal/fighting box, murkrow in the dark/ghost/psychic box, etc).
^^
you put one pokemon from each box in your party. the weakest one. then train until you need to go to the pokemon center. heal, then if levels of the pokemon in your party have grown, switch those pokemon out with another pokemon in its corresponding box that's at a lower level. trhat way, the weakest is always in your party and all the pokemon grow together

try it out =D

myrrhman
July 15th, 2010, 06:13 AM
What version would this be for?
Do you have to raise a Clefairy separate from a Clefable, or do they count as one?

Westie7
July 18th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I thought of one, but I might actually participate in it. It's called the "Race to 100" Challenge. It's like a Solo Run except the goal is to reach level 100 instead of beating the Elite Four (which is still optional as they are a good training method) You also could use more than one Pokemon in battle, but you're goal is to level a single Poke up.

Dixie Kong
July 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I thought of one, but I might actually participate in it. It's called the "Race to 100" Challenge. It's like a Solo Run except the goal is to reach level 100 instead of beating the Elite Four (which is still optional as they are a good training method) You also could use more than one Pokemon in battle, but you're goal is to level a single Poke up.

I would definitely consider doing that. It sounds pretty good, actually. I might make it a solo run though, since I have better luck with one Pokemon, maybe two. I did a duo challenge and ended with my two Pokemon around 75 or 76, so I think I could pull this one off. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Gulpin
July 18th, 2010, 10:50 AM

I participated in one similar to that, but it was more challenging because the next poster would pick what Pokemon you had to level, and I got stuck with a Male Combee. :/

myrrhman
July 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I participated in one similar to that, but it was more challenging because the next poster would pick what Pokemon you had to level, and I got stuck with a Male Combee. :/
Wow, that sucks.

I'd do this too, also, I think it would be fun to do something like that where the OP picks a random Pokemon or the next poster picks one, for an added challenge.

Dixie Kong
July 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Personally, I think it'd be better to choose what you want to level up to 100, excluding legendaries of course. But then again, I love variety, so I wouldn't mind someone choosing a Pokemon for me. And that was kinda cheap for someone to give you a male Combee. If this challenge is made and the OP/next poster gives you your Pokemon, there could be a rule for no Pokemon like Magikarp, Combee, Weedle, etc. unless you were allowed to evolve it.

Teddy The Elite
July 19th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?

IceFireLighnting
July 19th, 2010, 11:30 AM
IDEA!!! Ding, Ding, Ding!

Anime team challenge!

Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!

E.G. Muk, Pikachu, Torterra, 2 Tauros (Ash)

Gulpin
July 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?

There is already such a thing on PC, and it would be found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160).

Teddy The Elite
July 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM
There is already such a thing on PC, and it would be found here.

Not quite what I meant though.

Dixie Kong
July 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM

Sounds like tournaments and stuff. Not really a challenge. But those are done in the Wi-Fi section.

Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!

Pick a character challenge, or something like that. It should still be active somewhere, if you'd like to try it.

Edit: Well, yours got approved since the other seems to have died out. Good luck with it!

myrrhman
July 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
If anyone just wants to feel the rush of owning a challenge, I've compiled a list of the challenges we have on this board. And there's some suggestions that are based on other challenges. The suggestions are in red, and the existing challenges are in blue, if you can't figure it out.

Monotypes: RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, Ultimate
Solo: RBY, GSC, RSEFRLG, DPPt, HGSS, Ultimate
Monocolor: RBY, GSC, RSEFRLG, DPPt, Ultimate
Nuzlocke: RBYGSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS, MonotypeNuzlocke
Gym Leader: RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS
Elite Four: RBYGSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS

Other miscellaneous challenges: RBY TrioSpecies, RSEFRLG TrioSpecies, RSEFRLG DuoSpecies, FRLG Home, Baby, Random, HGSS Pet, FRLG non-evolving, First Come, First Served, DPPt Counterpart, Gym Type, HG/SS Team, HG/SS Random Wild Pokemon, RSEFRLG Eevee, Alphabet, Anime Team

AceDragonite
July 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax :P

eH?

Dixie Kong
July 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax

Haha, the SUPAR challenge? Catch Munchlax made me lol, I must admit. I'd give it a try, however I can't do the flag stuff. And by catch 100, have 100 in the Pokedex or actually catch 100 Pokemon? And all different species, I assume?

Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.

AceDragonite
July 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
haha, its harder than it sounds, 4 trees all with a 1 percent chance of finding it, pure hell. I honeyed everyday to find one on diamond, they have generators, but you need your secret id.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs20/f/2007/263/7/2/Munchlax_by_nikitt11.gif Also, I really don't get how you're reffering to the alphabet challenge (no offense, its probably me, not reading thoroughly)

Also, I did mean actually capture 100 different species of Pokemon.

1 trade would be allowed, but the Pokemon should be from the region's dex and traded as an egg so its the challenger's OT, (ex: If I wanted a Porygon-Z before the Pokemon League in D/P it would be legal to trade a larvitar egg from Diamond)

So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well

Dixie Kong
July 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well

Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

myrrhman
July 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.

Dixie Kong
July 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.

Still using my example team of Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl, I'd have to get Snover for Abamosnow. But since Abra is in that alphabetical listing, then no, I couldn't evolve it. Kind of like the random challenge in a way. So, like the random challenge, people could get stuck with Kakuna and such... :x

AceDragonite
July 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

I didn't find it that hard, the Pokethaleon records can be broken by intermeditate level poketheletes, its not like cy young's wins record in baseball or something that can never be broken. . I actually find Pokethealon easier than contests btw.
I'll just write Gen 4 SUPAR challenge

hack1
July 21st, 2010, 12:17 AM
Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.

myrrhman
July 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
That's really similar to the Gym Leader Challenge, where you have to use the same type as every gym leader.

Fire Wolf
July 21st, 2010, 01:25 AM
What about the Ultimate Nuzclocke Challenge? Yeah I know that would be a pain to complete, but I still see many people completing it. I might make it if I have time to do it.

myrrhman
July 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
I thought about that one, but I mean, i dunno, it doesn't have the same effect for me. In the other Ultimates, your team had the same qualities, and you bonded together more, sometimes with the same Pokemon. I just don't get that effect with a nuzlocke.

AceDragonite
July 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable

Dixie Kong
July 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.

That's really similar to the Gym Leader Challenge, where you have to use the same type as every gym leader.

Well, you wouldn't necessarily have to switch to the gym leader's type though, so I guess it could be made.

Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable

Sorry, just official games.

Resultz
July 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?

Dixie Kong
July 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?

Gender ratio is new, but sounds kinda weird. Elaborate? Egg group has been done before, and I want to say animal has, but I don't think there are currently any challenge of the like up, so that one's up for a go.

Resultz
July 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
well basically, you can only choose pokemon that have the same male/female ratio..
Such as clefairy and Jigglypuff are both 25/75.
I dont think theres that much to it...

and for the animals, im not sure, but for instance reptiles.. they could use Feraligatr, sceptile, arbok?
Im not sure how many usable groups there could be though, and itd robably come down to set teams :/

Shake
July 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
I have two ideas:

1. You must pick a letter at the beginning of the challenge. You may only use pokemon that's species name starts with that letter.

2. You must pick a theme (i.e. pigs) and use only pokemon that fit into that theme.

Gulpin
July 21st, 2010, 03:58 PM
I have two ideas:

1. You must pick a letter at the beginning of the challenge. You may only use pokemon that's species name starts with that letter.

2. You must pick a theme (i.e. pigs) and use only pokemon that fit into that theme.

Number one sounds fun, and I don't think I've seen it before. However, number two I think has been done and it is probably called the animal challenge or something.

myrrhman
July 21st, 2010, 04:37 PM
Linkz to existing challenges.

#1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223768
#2: (Not exactly what you are talking about, but close enough that I wouldn't count it if I were Sydian) http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223689

shininglatios217
July 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
What about a challenge in which you have to defeat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four using Pokémon that have a type disadvantage against them.

Example: Challenging Roxanne with Flying Pokémon, etc.

AceDragonite
July 21st, 2010, 08:04 PM
well ,the SUPAR challenge is a bust :(
but do we have a FRLG nuzlocke thread up yet?

Sagiri
July 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM
I've a couple ideas:

A Ditto only run.

A mono-attack run with Struggle (in the sense of, you can only use other moves on Wild Pokemon to get down to zero PP, but you can't gain experience from them). It'd be very difficult.

Or a (possibly solo Pokemon) run that basically forces you to use Pokemon with a base stat total of 300 or less. Which, for reference, makes the first forms of all the starters ineligible (though they can be used until an eligible team member is found).

Or a run that forces you to catch all your team members and all the legendary Pokemon with Poke Balls at full health.

AceDragonite
July 21st, 2010, 09:24 PM
jeez! those sound hard but it should probably be a team ditto run

hack1
July 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM
I made rules for Swapping Team Challenge if someone want's to host it:
1. You start with team of 4 Pokemon. They must be different species.
2. After every gym, you need to box 1 your ORGINAL team member and capture a new one. (This means you cannot have your starter or other 3 Pokemon you first captured at E4)
3. No legendaries.
4. 2 HM slaves on party, but you can have multiple in box.
5. You can complete this challenge with any pokemon so no hacking.
-Additional rules-
1. Capture first Pokemon you see after gym.
2. Replace same type members. (If you have a Bulbasaur, you can replace it with Oddish and Koffing but you can't replace it with Rattata or Pidgey)

myrrhman
July 22nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
Or a (possibly solo Pokemon) run that basically forces you to use Pokemon with a base stat total of 300 or less. Which, for reference, makes the first forms of all the starters ineligible (though they can be used until an eligible team member is found).
This would probably be more effective if you just enter in a solo challenge and say you're doing this for an added difficulty; I know someone beat one of my challenges with just a Pidgey.
Or a run that forces you to catch all your team members and all the legendary Pokemon with Poke Balls at full health.
This wouldn't be that hard, because I oftentimes basically do a solo/duo run for like red/blue with a Nidoking or Nidoking and my starter. Also you would be able to get event Pokemon.
My responses are bolded...

shininglatios217
July 22nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
well ,the SUPAR challenge is a bust :(

Well, The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread [R/S/E] (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=217077) accepts people that play Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Dixie Kong
July 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
well ,the SUPAR challenge is a bust

Haha, I might enter on Diamond or Pearl. idk yet. I really don't enjoy those games anymore though, so...yeah.

Also, the no Pokemon Center run comes to mind. You're not allowed to enter the Pokemon Center, so stock up on Potions, Ethers, and such. Teach new TMs and attacking move when you can...basically, you really gotta use your head for how you're going to do this one. I've seen it done on YouTube by someone. Interesting, I must say. I'd probably never try, but...

AceDragonite
July 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
What about something called Pokemon survival, it would be the hardest challenge ever, no poke centers or marts, live off what you find in the wild, and if a Pokemon faints too bad, that's right 6 pokemon the whole game!
I was sort of joking but I'd like to see if someone could do it, *points at myrrhman*

shininglatios217
July 22nd, 2010, 12:03 PM
What about a challenge in which you have to defeat the Gym Leaders and Elite Four using Pokémon that have a type disadvantage against them.

Example: Challenging Roxanne with Flying Pokémon, etc.

Is there already a thread like this? If not, can I create it?

Dixie Kong
July 22nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
I hope you guys do realize that just because we come up with challenge ideas in this thread, it doesn't mean it has to be made. I don't want people running a ton of challenges and/or not entering what they start. A lot of challenges don't get approved just because of that one rule about participating. I have no tolerance for it. But if you can keep up with it and any other challenges you host, that's fine...just have fun completing them all.

shininglatios217
July 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
Sorry, Sydian, I was just asking for permission to make that thread (now that I think about it, it's the wrong place to ask for permission to make a thread).

Dixie Kong
July 22nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Nah, I just felt like I should say something about it. I see people make challenges all the time and they have a bunch of others and I think, "omg how can you do all that". I don't want you guys overloading.

myrrhman
July 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
I hope you guys do realize that just because we come up with challenge ideas in this thread, it doesn't mean it has to be made. I don't want people running a ton of challenges and/or not entering what they start. A lot of challenges don't get approved just because of that one rule about participating. I have no tolerance for it. But if you can keep up with it and any other challenges you host, that's fine...just have fun completing them all.
I feel as if I'm some kind of exception...
What about something called Pokemon survival, it would be the hardest challenge ever, no poke centers or marts, live off what you find in the wild, and if a Pokemon faints too bad, that's right 6 pokemon the whole game!
I was sort of joking but I'd like to see if someone could do it, *points at myrrhman*
I'll add that to my list of stuff to do. Right now I'm working on completing every Ultimate Monotype Challenge, and through this, I will eventually need a break.

Dixie Kong
July 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ya know, even though they make the games easier, I feel bad that legendary Pokemon get left out of challenges. Maybe add on a little rules to said legendary Pokemon, like keeping it ten levels under your other teammates (that would drive me nuts, but...) and only allowing one legendary if chosen. I normally don't like using legendaries, but in HGSS, it's just the novelty of having them follow me. =w=

Also, hope you guys like the new thread title. I figure that since the other section DCCs change titles, why can't we? (Well, this isn't a DCC, but CI&D sounds cool too, haha.)

myrrhman
July 22nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
I do indeed like the name of the thread now. But there's a couple of slight problems.

#1: Went is not active in this challenge. And that's breaking Sydian's rules.
#2: He also needs to update the OP with people who are active in the challenge, and make a champion section for those who have completed the challenge. I think that "gave an idea for challenge" constitutes active in the challenge, and "gave an idea for a challenge, and there is now a challenge because of them" constitutes champion.

Scorpio219
July 23rd, 2010, 02:38 AM
a non evo thread, u can only use pokemon that dont have a baby form or a evolution, so u could use Farfetche'd gengiskhan,skarmory,spinda,lapras, and so on

cannot use snorlax, jinx, and so on,

say ur doing this game on RBY where snorlax and jinx dont have a baby form yet they are allowed,

Dixie Kong
July 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I do indeed like the name of the thread now. But there's a couple of slight problems.

#1: Went is not active in this challenge. And that's breaking Sydian's rules.
#2: He also needs to update the OP with people who are active in the challenge, and make a champion section for those who have completed the challenge. I think that "gave an idea for challenge" constitutes active in the challenge, and "gave an idea for a challenge, and there is now a challenge because of them" constitutes champion.

You have no idea how hard I laughed at that. I was talking to someone on the phone and they were so confused when I tried to explain.

a non evo thread, u can only use pokemon that dont have a baby form or a evolution, so u could use Farfetche'd gengiskhan,skarmory,spinda,lapras, and so on

cannot use snorlax, jinx, and so on,

say ur doing this game on RBY where snorlax and jinx dont have a baby form yet they are allowed,

Ah, that challenge has been done plenty of times methinks.

myrrhman
July 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, Myrrhman has completed that challenge before. Except it was also a solo. I did it with Lapras.

AceDragonite
July 24th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Okay come on, I think its time we start innovating and make something AS GOOD AS NUZLOCKE, and don't anyone say "NOTHING'S BETTER THAN NUZLOCKE :p"
We've had some good ideas on here, but they aren't the titan that Nuzlocke is, there's got to be some way to create a real bond with your Pokemon, anyone have ideas.

Let's start with this-Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon allowed, now someone add on

Gulpin
July 24th, 2010, 09:58 AM
The only use Pokemon that are as tall as you challenge! That would be interesting ^_^

Dixie Kong
July 24th, 2010, 10:00 AM
The only use Pokemon that are as tall as you challenge! That would be interesting ^_^

Or go by weight. :o That sounds interesting though. Never had a suggestion like that.

Okay come on, I think its time we start innovating and make something AS GOOD AS NUZLOCKE, and don't anyone say "NOTHING'S BETTER THAN NUZLOCKE :p"
We've had some good ideas on here, but they aren't the titan that Nuzlocke is, there's got to be some way to create a real bond with your Pokemon, anyone have ideas.

Let's start with this-Only 1 fully evolved Pokemon allowed, now someone add on

Personally, I like random challenges better. Nuzlocke would make me way too sad. :( There are plenty of Nuzlockes though, so there's no point in making a new thread and just adding on that rule. It could be an added difficulty option in the threads that already exist, though.

Gulpin
July 24th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Heres this:
List of Pokemon by Height (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Height)
and this:
List of Pokemon by Weight (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Weight)

EDIT: Go to this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56327) thread, see what Pokemon you seem to be like, then use it in a solo run.

Sagiri
July 24th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Do you mean our actual height (or, with Sydian's suggestion, weight), or the height (/weight) of the in-game character?

Gulpin
July 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Do you mean our actual height (or, with Sydian's suggestion, weight), or the height (/weight) of the in-game character?

Actual height; so if you are 5'6 you could use Pokemon that are 5, 5'1, 5'2, 5'3, 5'4, 5'5, 5'6, 5'7, 5'8, 5'9, 5'10, and 5'11 feet tall.

Dixie Kong
July 24th, 2010, 12:13 PM
I'm short and don't weigh anything. :( I would not be allowed a lot of Pokemon, lmao. Tentacool weighs more than me, fml. ;-;

AceDragonite
July 25th, 2010, 11:04 AM
can you post a sticky for people to post Nuzlocke Comics on, Sydian? (MOAR NUZLOCKE :)

Dixie Kong
July 25th, 2010, 11:09 AM
That seems kinda pointless. Couldn't that just be posted in the art forum or something? idk. I think you're the only one obsessed with Nuzlocke, lmao.

Gulpin
July 25th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Go to this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56327) thread, see what Pokemon you seem to be like, then use it in a solo run.

AceDragonite
July 25th, 2010, 01:17 PM
That seems kinda pointless. Couldn't that just be posted in the art forum or something? idk. I think you're the only one obsessed with Nuzlocke, lmao.

yup, you'd be right :)
Nuzlocke FTW!!!!!

Gymnotide
July 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Has anyone posted a "Don't use the Pokemon Center to Heal / Only Deposit Pokemon with Full Health and Good Status" Challenge? Try it :)
It takes a long time. You need to rely on solely Elixirs, Ethers, and Leppa Berries for PP and you have to be cautious in upgrading your attacks, since they lose max PP as they get stronger :D

Dixie Kong
July 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, sounds like the No Pokemon Center run I mentioned a few posts back. I wish I could remember who did it on YouTube. It was stellar. He sold TMs he didn't use so that he could make money to re-buy the TMs he had used. And it was a solo run too, so...yeah. He did it with Charizard. Pretty awesome, I must say.

So, this is also a challenge discussion amirite? Here's some kickers for y'all:

What challenges are you currently doing?
I'm doing a random challenge on Diamond and HeartGold. For Diamond, my team will be Chinchou, Drifloon, Magcargo, Hitmonchan, Quagsire, and Skuntank. And HG will be Furret, Azumarill, Grumpig, Floatzel, Alakazam, and Breloom. I say I got pretty lucky with my teams, haha.

What are your favorite kinds of challenges and why?
Random and scramble challenges. Scrambles are a little weird because you need people in the challenge to assign you Pokemon, but I digress. Both can cause you to use Pokemon you wouldn't normally use, and I'm determined to have used every Pokemon at least once. :)

AceDragonite
July 25th, 2010, 05:07 PM
@gymnotide, so you mean you can't catch a pokemon unless its at perfect health and status

Sagiri
July 25th, 2010, 07:12 PM
@gymnotide, so you mean you can't catch a pokemon unless its at perfect health and statusNo. Gymnotide is saying exactly what she said. You can only deposit a Pokemon into the PC when it is at full health. This is because depositing heals the Pokemon to full, which would defeat the purpose of the challenge, which was to not use Pokemon Centers,

Also, Day Cares also heals when you take the Pokemon out.

Sceptile0111
July 26th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I dunno if this idea has already been mentioned, but what about a "First Five Pokemon You See" challenge? Basically, you pick whatever starter you want, go through the game until you get access to Pokeballs, and then the first five wild Pokemon you see, you have to capture and use in the challenge. No fainting them until you get the one you want; if you get stuck with five Pidgeys, you use five Pidgeys. Ex:

I play Blue Version and start with Squirtle. I get the Pokedex, go to Viridian City the second time and buy ten or so Pokeballs. I go north and the first thing I see is a Pidgey so I capture it. I then find a Rattata (capture), and enter Viridian Forest where I see a Metapod, a Pikachu, and a Caterpie. I can evolve them, but these six are the only Pokemon I can use for the duration of the challenge.

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

AceDragonite
July 26th, 2010, 06:09 AM
No. Gymnotide is saying exactly what she said. You can only deposit a Pokemon into the PC when it is at full health. This is because depositing heals the Pokemon to full, which would defeat the purpose of the challenge, which was to not use Pokemon Centers,

Also, Day Cares also heals when you take the Pokemon out.

okay thanks for that, than I guess I'll put catching a Pokemon at full health into my own challenge that I'm engineering

Timbjerr
July 26th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Forgive me if this has been stated in this thread already, but has there been a gym leader/E4 signature pokemon challenge yet, where you have to contruct your team out of the signature pokemon of the eight gym leaders or E4 members only (in HGSS, you're team has to be made up of six of the following: Pidgeot, Scyther/Scizor, Miltank, Haunter/Gengar, Poliwrath, Onix/Steelix, Mamoswine, Kingdra, Xatu, Crobat, Machamp, Houndoom, or Dragonite)?

It severely limits your selection of pokemon, but it gives you a chance to use some of the powerhouses your gonna be forced to fight against anyways. XD

AceDragonite
July 26th, 2010, 06:29 AM
yeah I think there's already a challenge for that, but I'm too lazy to put up the link, lol

myrrhman
July 26th, 2010, 08:15 AM
@ Sceptile: You're basically thinking of the "First Come, First Served" Challenge
@ Gymno: I don't know of any existing Challenge like that, other than AceDragonite pointing his finger at me to complete it.
@ Timbjerr: There isn't a challenge like that, although there is a Gym/Elite Four Challenge, where you have to use Pokemon the Elite Four uses.
@ Sydian #1: Right now, I'm doing a Gym disadvantage Challenge, about to start an anime team challenge (Ash in RBY), and Ultimate Ghost Monotype (I'm stuck at Wake in Pt). I've also signed up for Random, Alphabet, and 3rd Gen Duo, although am not currently working on them.
@ Sydian #2: My favorite challenges are monotypes I think. I really like most challenges as long as its not too easy, or any challenge on RBY because its too easy for me. I can run through any challenge on RBY no matter the team in usually 1:30, so those challenges are quick. But monotypes are my favorite.

AceDragonite
July 26th, 2010, 10:48 AM
@ Sceptile: You're basically thinking of the "First Come, First Served" Challenge
@ Gymno: I don't know of any existing Challenge like that, other than AceDragonite pointing his finger at me to complete it.
@ Timbjerr: There isn't a challenge like that, although there is a Gym/Elite Four Challenge, where you have to use Pokemon the Elite Four uses.
@ Sydian #1: Right now, I'm doing a Gym disadvantage Challenge, about to start an anime team challenge (Ash in RBY), and Ultimate Ghost Monotype (I'm stuck at Wake in Pt). I've also signed up for Random, Alphabet, and 3rd Gen Duo, although am not currently working on them.
@ Sydian #2: My favorite challenges are monotypes I think. I really like most challenges as long as its not too easy, or any challenge on RBY because its too easy for me. I can run through any challenge on RBY no matter the team in usually 1:30, so those challenges are quick. But monotypes are my favorite.

well, you ARE challenge king after all, mine was a bit harder, as in no marts, or centers, six pokemon is all you get.

myrrhman
July 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
That's about all you would be able to get. I only know for sure of 4 balls you can get, 2 Pokeballs, one Great Ball, and the Master Ball. I'm sure there's a couple more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head (this is for Red/Blue). You would be able to get 5 events (Starter, Fossil, Eevee, Hitmonchan/lee, Lapras), but you really wouldn't want that many Pokemon, because you'd have to train them all up with limited attacks. I think when I do this, I'm going to try for a Nidoking solo run, maybe have one more... I don't know yet.

Gulpin
July 26th, 2010, 12:22 PM
I'd like to see an ultimate solo challenge where you have to have 1 R/S/E, 1 Completed Platinum, and 1 Completed HG/SS, and you start on R/S/E and Pal Park it to the Platinum where you use it to beat every Gym Leader from the Gym Leader rematches, then trade it to HG/SS and do the same thing. Just to be able to say you beat every gym leader and every member of the Elite four of every region with one (the exact same) Pokemon.

Yams
July 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
How about a Cooperation or Team challenge, where all your Pokemon have to stay within one level of eachother. Also, you need to have a team of 3 pokemon by the 1st gym, 5 by the 2nd, and 6 by the 3rd.

You can challenge yourself more by adding certain things, like maybe you have to get all 6 by the 1st gym, or make it a Nuzlocke challenge as well.

I was gonna make a challenge like this but I'm too lazy, so anyone can take the idea.

Gulpin
July 26th, 2010, 12:47 PM
How about a Cooperation or Team challenge, where all your Pokemon have to stay within one level of eachother. Also, you need to have a team of 3 pokemon by the 1st gym, 5 by the 2nd, and 6 by the 3rd.

You can challenge yourself more by adding certain things, like maybe you have to get all 6 by the 1st gym, or make it a Nuzlocke challenge as well.

I was gonna make a challenge like this but I'm too lazy, so anyone can take the idea.

It wouldnt be much of a challenge, because most people keep their team within a level of each other.

Yams
July 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Oh, I was kinda under the impression that most people didnt get 6 Pokemon, and that they wouldnt keep it balanced if so.

Well what if it was a speed challenge as well?

Timbjerr
July 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM

That's exactly how I play on casual runs of Pokemon games, but there are people who might have never tried using a full team of six and keeping levels balanced. :P

Yams
July 26th, 2010, 03:08 PM
So do I, but it could be a challenge to make it a speed challenge, as getting a whole team of 6 and keeping it even while beating the game as quick as possible isnt necessarily easy.

Or you could make it like a Nuzlocke challenge, except you can't catch any extra Pokemon either, which I think you can do in a Nuzlocke challenge I'm not sure.

Dixie Kong
July 26th, 2010, 03:47 PM
idk. Just seems like a mesh of challenges to me...which, hey, "the mesh of challenges challenge"! That'd be insane. I wouldn't try it, but that's cause I'm really lazy.

myrrhman
July 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
idk. Just seems like a mesh of challenges to me...which, hey, "the mesh of challenges challenge"! That'd be insane. I wouldn't try it, but that's cause I'm really lazy.
Lawl, I tried to make something like that, but it failed. Basically, you were supposed to pick one pokemon, do an ultimate monotype with one of its types (and that Pokemon had to remain on your team at all times), do an Ultimate Solo with that Pokemon, then an alphabet challenge using him, then a color challenge, and then if he was on a gym leaders team at any point, you had to do a challenge for that. Sadly, nobody would do that.

Yams
July 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah I guess it seemed better in thought.

Well anyway, how about a theme team challenge. For example:
Pokemon based on 6 of the 7 sins. Primeape - Wrath, Milotic - Lust, Persian - Pride, etc.
Pokemon based on the 5 senses. Probopass - Smell, Lickilicky - Taste, Ambipom - Touch, etc.
Pokemon based on mythological creatures. Rapidash - Unicorn, Dragonite - Western Dragon, etc.

Its just for fun really, as the only thing it challenges is one's creativity.

myrrhman
July 26th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Loudred for sound, and any pokemon with Keen Eye for sight?

I know somewhere on this forum people tried to assign an ability for each deadly sin... They were okay, but they couldn't get all 7.

Overall, I don't like challenges that have wiggle room for teams. The animal teams are okay, where you can only use like dogs for instance, and you get to come up with what Pokemon are dogs, but I dunno, it seems that someone could argue quite a bit, and if the OP doesn't like it, that could potentially be bad.

I think posting in story mode rather than picture/key event mode is creative enough for me. But then again, I'm usually not all that much for creativity, and like efficiency better.

Yams
July 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Well they would just have to ask for approvement by the OP, and as long as they are lenient it hsould be fine. I find it fun to have a creative team, and limiting it may be a challenge.

AceDragonite
July 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Okay the seven sins should be this

Wrath: Tyrannitar
Gluttony: Snorlax
Lust: Roserade
Pride: Piplup (or Empoleon, but only Piplup is said to be proud)
Greed-Persian or Honchkrow maybe
Envy: Derp? I can't think of any really Jealous Pokemon or Envious one
Sloth: Slaking

myrrhman
July 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Just thought I'd share... My friend is doing a Clefairy solo run, where the only move Clefairy is allowed is Metronome. He hacked the move in at the beginning, and made it infinite. Battles against Bug Catchers are really funny when you use Fire Blast.

MiniM00se
July 27th, 2010, 02:06 PM
What about a challenge kinda like a solo, except you use a full team of that Pokemon?

For instance, instead of a solo run with an Arbok, you'd have a team of 6 Arbok!

GFA
July 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
A team based off what people in the manga use?

Except their are too few Manga Characters and the all only have like 6-8 Pokemon. Not enough variety as Anime Characters.

Train rides by
July 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
THREE WORDS
BABY CUP CHALLENGE
ive already made the thread its just waiting for approval

dragon0fangz
July 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Well, ive always wanted a random moveset challenge. ive already tried it, but it will require a lot of hacking. Basically, you just pick a random pokemon, hack a random ability, hack in random types, and replace its learnset with randomly chosen moves. its awesome.
Ive already tried it with a fire/steel Nidorina, which knows Swords Dance, Fire Punch, Mirror Coat, and Luster Purge. Awesome moveset! also, ability is Guts.
Its best to use YAPE, btw.

Dixie Kong
July 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
What about a challenge kinda like a solo, except you use a full team of that Pokemon?

For instance, instead of a solo run with an Arbok, you'd have a team of 6 Arbok!

Been done, mono species.

A team based off what people in the manga use?

Except their are too few Manga Characters and the all only have like 6-8 Pokemon. Not enough variety as Anime Characters.

That was the Pick-a-Character challenge, but it died. There's currently an anime challenge, but no manga challenge. And there are plenty of manga characters. They don't have to be main to use their teams.

GFA
July 29th, 2010, 08:11 AM
That was the Pick-a-Character challenge, but it died. There's currently an anime challenge, but no manga challenge. And there are plenty of manga characters. They don't have to be main to use their teams.

Hmmm ... Pick a Character sounds better than the Anime one, I hope the Anime Challenge doesnt die ... Because I've just started it

Dixie Kong
July 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah, that's why manga and anime were put together. And besides, since it was pick a character, you could probably pick someone from the game rather than just strictly anime or manga.

Anyway guys, big idea here! I was playing Pokemon Colosseum yesterday, and I thought of a challenge. No purification challenge for either Colosseum or XD. But before any of y'all go off posting that, I recommended it as an event for the Get Together this year. :) If it gets approved, I'll work on the rules a little more. But I'm telling you guys this cause I'm a little worried as to how many people would participate, because you have to own a copy of either Colosseum or XD. So, would anyone here participate if it goes through? I'm just afraid it won't be successful since not everyone has these games. Just want a head count, estimate, whatever. Ya know. :)

Gulpin
July 29th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that's why manga and anime were put together. And besides, since it was pick a character, you could probably pick someone from the game rather than just strictly anime or manga.

Anyway guys, big idea here! I was playing Pokemon Colosseum yesterday, and I thought of a challenge. No purification challenge for either Colosseum or XD. But before any of y'all go off posting that, I recommended it as an event for the Get Together this year. :) If it gets approved, I'll work on the rules a little more. But I'm telling you guys this cause I'm a little worried as to how many people would participate, because you have to own a copy of either Colosseum or XD. So, would anyone here participate if it goes through? I'm just afraid it won't be successful since not everyone has these games. Just want a head count, estimate, whatever. Ya know. :)

I probably wouldn't even though I have Colosseum.

Dixie Kong
July 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
That's fine. :) At least you're honest about it. I hate when people are like "dude i'll totally do this challenge" and they never really sign up or just sign up and you never hear from them again.

Gulpin
July 29th, 2010, 10:50 AM
That's fine. :) At least you're honest about it. I hate when people are like "dude i'll totally do this challenge" and they never really sign up or just sign up and you never hear from them again.

The only reason is because I'm not too fond of Colesseum and because my Wii is hooked up to the family TV and I wouldn't want to hog that tv..

myrrhman
July 29th, 2010, 10:58 AM
But before any of y'all go off posting that, I recommended it as an event for the Get Together this year.

What's the get together?

And I'll participate in whatever it was. As long as I don't have any other commitments like school or stuff.

Cazzum
July 31st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Not sure if this has been done before, what about themed triplets for a challenge? For example, you get to choose 3 pokemon, but they might have to behave in a similar way, or look similar. Few examples that come to mind could be say.. Rhydon, Tyranitar and Aggron, or Kabutops, Scyther and Scizor. The triplets have similar abilities and behave similarly, but there's still a good mix for move sets. Not sure if this would add a challenge, but it seems different to all the monotype teams or solo challenges, could be worth a try.

myrrhman
July 31st, 2010, 01:04 PM
Not sure if this has been done before, what about themed triplets for a challenge? For example, you get to choose 3 pokemon, but they might have to behave in a similar way, or look similar. Few examples that come to mind could be say.. Rhydon, Tyranitar and Aggron, or Kabutops, Scyther and Scizor. The triplets have similar abilities and behave similarly, but there's still a good mix for move sets. Not sure if this would add a challenge, but it seems different to all the monotype teams or solo challenges, could be worth a try.
You know? I don't think this has been done before. Sounds interesting, too, I'd do it.

My turn. I suggested this for the get-together, wanted to see how many people would do it here. Would anyone be interested in a team-relay race? It's like this.

1. Get in a team of three.
2. The first person starts the game and plays through the first three gym leaders (unless we do Johto).
3. The first person transfers the game to the second person, via e-mail, any instant messenger, or I'm sure you could just upload the file somewhere and they could download it.
4. The second person beats gym leaders 4, 5, and 6, then sends it to teammate three.
5. The third person finishes with gym 7, 8, and the Elite Four. Then, he screencaps the final time. Whichever team gets the fastest time wins!
6. If we were doing Johto, it could either be: member one goes through gym 6, two goes through elite four and first three Kanto Gyms, and three goes through red, OR after 3 beats the elite four, he can transfer back to one and they could do it again with the Kanto Gyms.

This would require more thinking on your feet, because not everyone plays Pokemon the same way, don't use the same HM Slaves, etc. What do you guys think? Would anyone do this?

EDIT: OHHHHHHHH YEAH! I forgot. I started my No-Pokecenter-Run today. I'm recording this whole challenge. So there you go, Ace Dragonite, but I'm at least using Marts for now. I might do a no Center/ No Mart run after I get the no center part down.

Master Strife
August 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
These are challenges I've done:
Contests challenge: A pokemon's moves must be all the same contest type: smart, beauty, etc. For my treecko I stuck with smart. worked out for me :D

Moveset challenge: As your pokemon learns new moves, the newest move will replace the oldest move, no matter what moves they are. TM's are not allowed. HM's, when taught, will still replace the oldest move when taught. This is honestly the hardest challenge I've done.

Split-game Challenge: Using any games that come in threes(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum; and so on) play all 3 at once. However, once a pokemon is caught in one game, it cannot be used in the others. For example: you catch a poochyena in Emerald. You can't use a poochyena or it's evolution in Sapphire or Ruby. The games should be kept at about the same place in the story at once. It took me forever to beat this challenge.

Restriction Challenge: Starters are excluded from the following: Roll a dice and see what it lands on. Anything from 2-6. Let's say it lands on 3. Then, every third pokemon in the pokedex, including it's evolution, if it evolves, can't be used in game. The pre-evolutions are allowed, but not that pokemon, or what it evolves into. Use the region dex, or the national dex, depends on how challenging you want it to be. I used region on Diamond, and I rolled a two. I was tempted to roll again.

Random Favorite Challenge: (This challenge will most likely involve Action Replay usage) Make a list of your top 6 pokemon in every type. Make sure you have them arranged from favorite to least favorite. Then, get someone to pick 6 random types. Let's say they pick: Dark, Grass, Fire, Electric, Ground, Bug. Then, you have to arrange a team depending on what they chose. Since dark was first, use you favorite dark type. Then, since it was second, your second favorite grass, and so on. When I did this, I ended up with 5/6 being weak to electric. Though, it can be pretty fun. This is the one I do every time a new generation is made.

I made all of these myself. If there are ones similiar like them out there, I never saw them.

Dixie Kong
August 2nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
Contests challenge: A pokemon's moves must be all the same contest type: smart, beauty, etc. For my treecko I stuck with smart. worked out for me

Moveset challenge: As your pokemon learns new moves, the newest move will replace the oldest move, no matter what moves they are. TM's are not allowed. HM's, when taught, will still replace the oldest move when taught. This is honestly the hardest challenge I've done.

Split-game Challenge: Using any games that come in threes(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum; and so on) play all 3 at once. However, once a pokemon is caught in one game, it cannot be used in the others. For example: you catch a poochyena in Emerald. You can't use a poochyena or it's evolution in Sapphire or Ruby. The games should be kept at about the same place in the story at once. It took me forever to beat this challenge.

Restriction Challenge: Starters are excluded from the following: Roll a dice and see what it lands on. Anything from 2-6. Let's say it lands on 3. Then, every third pokemon in the pokedex, including it's evolution, if it evolves, can't be used in game. The pre-evolutions are allowed, but not that pokemon, or what it evolves into. Use the region dex, or the national dex, depends on how challenging you want it to be. I used region on Diamond, and I rolled a two. I was tempted to roll again.

Random Favorite Challenge: (This challenge will most likely involve Action Replay usage) Make a list of your top 6 pokemon in every type. Make sure you have them arranged from favorite to least favorite. Then, get someone to pick 6 random types. Let's say they pick: Dark, Grass, Fire, Electric, Ground, Bug. Then, you have to arrange a team depending on what they chose. Since dark was first, use you favorite dark type. Then, since it was second, your second favorite grass, and so on. When I did this, I ended up with 5/6 being weak to electric. Though, it can be pretty fun. This is the one I do every time a new generation is made.

I made all of these myself. If there are ones similiar like them out there, I never saw them.

I really, really like all of these. :) I wouldn't mind actually doing that favorite one...seems really cool. And the one where you replace moves as they come, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot either. I've thought of that one long ago before I came to PC, actually. But I really like your ideas. :D Very refreshing spin from all the monos and stuff.

Master Strife
August 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
I really, really like all of these. :) I wouldn't mind actually doing that favorite one...seems really cool. And the one where you replace moves as they come, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot either. I've thought of that one long ago before I came to PC, actually. But I really like your ideas. :D Very refreshing spin from all the monos and stuff.
Thanks! I'm always trying to think of new challenges, so expect more from me! :)

Recluse
August 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM
I didn't read all thread... Maybe challenge where you must get all pokemon you can get in game without trading. Just all pokemon you can find in grass/from NPC, evolve them and grind them all to at least 65 lvl, then use any one you want in your team to beat Gym/E4. Of course must beat the game later, without cheating. Name every single one you find. I tried to did it on Emerald... Very hard thing, even with 1000% speed ^^. Was this idea before? If yes, don't mind me then :s

Dixie Kong
August 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks! I'm always trying to think of new challenges, so expect more from me!

Awesome sauce. In fact, I think I might make that favorite challenge. I love using favorites. :> Only thing weird I find about it is trying to think of 6 favorites for each type. Would we put them in our sign up post? That's what I would think, cause people could lie and say "oh my 3rd favorite fire type is Ho-oh". Which also leads me to question whether or not legendaries are allowed. I say they should be, since they can be considered a favorite. But then again, I wouldn't want the person assigning my types to really know my favorites, cause they might purposely assign them so that I'm stuck with Mareep, Sunkern, etc. (They're not my favorites, just an example. XD)

Only reason I'm asking is cause I'm actually trading my SoulSilver stuff onto my Platinum for storage cause I really think I will start this challenge. :) And since you came up with it, I wouldn't wanna kill the challenge you made. XD

I didn't read all thread... Maybe challenge where you must get all pokemon you can get in game without trading. Just all pokemon you can find in grass/from NPC, evolve them and grind them all to at least 65 lvl, then use any one you want in your team to beat Gym/E4. Of course must beat the game later, without cheating. Name every single one you find. I tried to did it on Emerald... Very hard thing, even with 1000% speed ^^. Was this idea before? If yes, don't mind me then :s

Too much grinding for my tastes, but a similar challenge to that is the Catch'em All Challenge, only that one requires a full Dex and level 100 iirc.

Master Strife
August 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Awesome sauce. In fact, I think I might make that favorite challenge. I love using favorites. :> Only thing weird I find about it is trying to think of 6 favorites for each type. Would we put them in our sign up post? That's what I would think, cause people could lie and say "oh my 3rd favorite fire type is Ho-oh". Which also leads me to question whether or not legendaries are allowed. I say they should be, since they can be considered a favorite. But then again, I wouldn't want the person assigning my types to really know my favorites, cause they might purposely assign them so that I'm stuck with Mareep, Sunkern, etc. (They're not my favorites, just an example. XD)

Well, I've done this challenge for every region except sinnoh so far and every time, I never picked legendaries. Mostly because I think it's cheap and also, because they're not my favorites :p. And what's the point of starting a challenge if you're gonna cheat? I do it just for fun. I would hope I could trust people to not lie about their favorites. I also wouldn't tell my favorites, just in case someone wants be a jerk like in your example. And maybe there can be a legends version and a no legends version.

imevil
August 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
thats cool, im goanna try that on leaf green. I live around the forest and the coast. So fish, crabs, and forest type animals.

Dixie Kong
August 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Well, I've done this challenge for every region except sinnoh so far and every time, I never picked legendaries. Mostly because I think it's cheap and also, because they're not my favorites :p. And what's the point of starting a challenge if you're gonna cheat? I do it just for fun. I would hope I could trust people to not lie about their favorites. I also wouldn't tell my favorites, just in case someone wants be a jerk like in your example. And maybe there can be a legends version and a no legends version

I just kinda feel bad for legendaries. :( They don't get to participate in many, if any, challenges. And in some cases, they are certain people's favorite Pokemon. Look at Larry, his username is Hiidoran, which is Heatran's Japanese name. And The Red Chain likes the Lake Trio. idk. I just feel bad for them, but I do like your suggestion on a version with no legends or with legends, however just have that option in one thread. No need in two separate threads for two different versions. I think I'll start posting this soon. :) I hope that mean moderator approves it. He's such an ass!

Giratina ♀
August 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with Sydian concerning those challenges - I like all of their ideas. =D However, I do have three on my hands right now (baaaaad idea, kids) so I think I'll just need to save their concepts on a Word document and do them later, after I've finished the giant pile of game-playing before me. xD

And I would put a Legendary cap on the favorites challenge, like two Legends for the entire group. They can be used in any of the types, but you only get two. For example, if you like Heatran and Rayquaza, you would have one in Steel and one in Flying (or one in Fire and one in Dragon). I can point to quite a few Legendaries that I like very much - including, amazingly, Giratina - but I can see how it would be a game-breaker. Though you would probably have to put up your list first and leave it to the creator of the board (or a team the creator trusts) to pick them for you, akin to the Random Pokémon Challenge or something.

Anyway, I was thinking of a one-time challenge where you are only allowed to use Pokémon given to you from NPCs exactly as they are - meaning you can't evolve them. For example, a Starter Pokémon given from a Professor, the Onix you get for a Bellsprout in G/S/C/HG/SS, or the Eevee you find in the big building in Celadon or something. It wouldn't be the most gut-wrenchingly difficult of challenges, but I can't think of many people who would normally construct a team of Abra, Chatot, Haunter, and Magikarp.

myrrhman
August 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Contests challenge: A pokemon's moves must be all the same contest type: smart, beauty, etc. For my treecko I stuck with smart. worked out for me :D

I really like the split game, moveset, and favorite challenge. One question for moveset-would you be able to choose not to learn a move? It would suck if you had a Charizard or something that didn't have any fire moves because there was like 5 moves in between ember and flamethrower (don't know if that's the case, just an example).
I agree with Sydian concerning those challenges - I like all of their ideas. =D However, I do have three on my hands right now (baaaaad idea, kids) so I think I'll just need to save their concepts on a Word document and do them later, after I've finished the giant pile of game-playing before me. xD

And I would put a Legendary cap on the favorites challenge, like two Legends for the entire group. They can be used in any of the types, but you only get two. For example, if you like Heatran and Rayquaza, you would have one in Steel and one in Flying (or one in Fire and one in Dragon). I can point to quite a few Legendaries that I like very much - including, amazingly, Giratina - but I can see how it would be a game-breaker. Though you would probably have to put up your list first and leave it to the creator of the board (or a team the creator trusts) to pick them for you, akin to the Random Pokémon Challenge or something.

Anyway, I was thinking of a one-time challenge where you are only allowed to use Pokémon given to you from NPCs exactly as they are - meaning you can't evolve them. For example, a Starter Pokémon given from a Professor, the Onix you get for a Bellsprout in G/S/C/HG/SS, or the Eevee you find in the big building in Celadon or something. It wouldn't be the most gut-wrenchingly difficult of challenges, but I can't think of many people who would normally construct a team of Abra, Chatot, Haunter, and Magikarp.
Pssssssssh only doing 3 challenges at once. Puh-leez. If I'm doing any less than 5 at once I think its a light load.

I think the rule should be that you can add legendaries to your team, but you would only be allowed one. So, if you really like Zapdos and Mewtwo, you would have 7 Pokemon in both the Psychic category and the Electric/Flying category (whichever you put Zapdos in). That way, if Mewtwo is chosen first, then you ignore Zapdos in his list, and the 7th Pokemon either takes his place, or all the Pokemon after Zapdos move up a position.

I think the third paragraph was idea-ized before, but got vetoed because there aren't many Pokemon you could choose from.

Dixie Kong
August 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6029949

I'm off to a bad, bad start already guys...let's break half the rules of the challenge in just the sign up post! YEAH!!

That legendary rule is that it/they have to be 5 levels under the highest level Pokemon. Arceus has to be 10. I might change that, since I actually do that 5 level difference in normal playthroughs, however I'm sure not everyone does that...mmmmmm.

myrrhman
August 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
I opt to just not have legendaries :P

Dixie Kong
August 4th, 2010, 05:01 PM
idk, I just feel bad for them. Almost every challenge you see, it's "NO LEGENDARIES ALLOWED OMGDJFLAJS"

I ran into one challenge that allowed them, however since there was a lack of other rules, it was not approved. It had potential, though. It was a random monotype challenge, so essentially a monotype, but your team was randomized.

Master Strife
August 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I think it should jsut be up to the player. They can choose to be lame and use legendaries if they want to.

Charmageddon
August 5th, 2010, 05:27 AM
The rule should be "Legendaries are allowed, but we will mock you for it."

myrrhman
August 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I don't have any personal problem with people using legendaries, I just don't think that you need them. If they are your favorite, then you should use them, because the objective of the challenge is to win with your favorites not to win with a slightly smaller list of Pokemon that others deem worthy.

.EJ
August 6th, 2010, 07:16 AM
I disagree with allowing the use of legendaries. It takes away the challenge aspect of the playthrough. We all know legendaries are for the most part stronger than normal pokemon.

I especially hate it when people are like: "Hay gaiz Im gonna use the grass tipes, i kno i cant use shaymin but ill use it anyways, kay?" First of all you're hacking for it which is cheating...2nd, shaymin would make the grass type challenge easy.

At least, I'm speaking from hosting my previous thread's point of view. I'm not sure if you guys experienced that as well in your own threads.

myrrhman
August 6th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I disagree with allowing the use of legendaries. It takes away the challenge aspect of the playthrough. We all know legendaries are for the most part stronger than normal pokemon.

I especially hate it when people are like: "Hay gaiz Im gonna use the grass tipes, i kno i cant use shaymin but ill use it anyways, kay?" First of all you're hacking for it which is cheating...2nd, shaymin would make the grass type challenge easy.

At least, I'm speaking from hosting my previous thread's point of view. I'm not sure if you guys experienced that as well in your own threads.
Yup, that brings me to my second pet peeve. I hate it when people ask questions/do stuff that is explicitly forbidden in the rules. I mean come on, if you're doing the challenge, you obviously read some of the rules, would 4 more hurt you?

.EJ
August 6th, 2010, 07:27 AM
That happened to me ALL the time. The egg rule, legendary pokemon, HM slaves, etc. Sometimes they'll cheat and try to play it off. Like when you notice they're at the 6th badge in only 1 hour.

Haha sydian, that happens all the time..

myrrhman
August 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
That happened to me ALL the time. The egg rule, legendary pokemon, HM slaves, etc. Sometimes they'll cheat and try to play it off. Like when you notice they're at the 6th badge in only 1 hour.

Haha sydian, that happens all the time..
Well I mean, 6 Badges in an hour. Not too hard if you have a handy speed button (which isn't usually illegal). I mean, my average time for RBY challenges is like 1:15 it seems like. 6 Badges in an hour seems manageable.

AceDragonite
August 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
hey, sid can I make a Nuzlocke thread for XD GOD

myrrhman
August 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I personally think that more challenges should follow what the geniuses who changed the monotypes did. I mean, come on, when you do the exact same challenge, you just are in a different region, I think that's basically the same thing. I think that there should be one thread for Monotypes, one for Solos, one for Nuzlockes, one for Colors, one for Gym Leaders and Elite Four, one for the teams (Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, and Galactic) and one for Gym Types and Gym Disadvantage challenges. That way, if someone wanted a Nuzlocke challenge for XD, whoever was running THE Nuzlocke Challenge would just add an XD section. This would keep the number of challenges down to like 15 instead of 4 pages worth, and I wouldn't have to do nearly as much searching to find the challenges.

Fire Wolf
August 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I would also like that to happen, it'll cause less searching for people.

redsaber5859
August 7th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I personally think that more challenges should follow what the geniuses who changed the monotypes did. I mean, come on, when you do the exact same challenge, you just are in a different region, I think that's basically the same thing. I think that there should be one thread for Monotypes, one for Solos, one for Nuzlockes, one for Colors, one for Gym Leaders and Elite Four, one for the teams (Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, and Galactic) and one for Gym Types and Gym Disadvantage challenges. That way, if someone wanted a Nuzlocke challenge for XD, whoever was running THE Nuzlocke Challenge would just add an XD section. This would keep the number of challenges down to like 15 instead of 4 pages worth, and I wouldn't have to do nearly as much searching to find the challenges.
The team challenge has its own thread, made by redsaber5859 on page 3 or 4...

I'll get to sydian on that

myrrhman
August 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah, Team already has one thread. I'm going to make a single one for the solos right after I add in all the userbars for the monotype.

AceDragonite
August 7th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I guess I'll make 1 for a General Nuzlocke if Sydian lets me

.EJ
August 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Myrrhman tooting his own horn. Lololol

Well I mean, 6 Badges in an hour. Not too hard if you have a handy speed button (which isn't usually illegal). I mean, my average time for RBY challenges is like 1:15 it seems like. 6 Badges in an hour seems manageable.

Not in HGSS when you're using the grass type and have to grind just to beat the first gym.

myrrhman
August 7th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Myrrhman tooting his own horn. Lololol

Not in HGSS when you're using the grass type and have to grind just to beat the first gym.
I do what I do.

And grass type wouldn't be that bad. I guess in HG/SS it's probably impossible because of the lack of speed button, but for most others I think I could do it.

Charmageddon
August 8th, 2010, 02:39 AM
I agree with Mhyrrman. It helps to avoid situations where you would like to do a challenge, but you want to do it in RSE, and the only thread that anyone's set up for that challenge is DPPt-specific.

myrrhman
August 8th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I agree with Mhyrrman. It helps to avoid situations where you would like to do a challenge, but you want to do it in RSE, and the only thread that anyone's set up for that challenge is DPPt-specific.
What am I being agreed on?

Shake
August 8th, 2010, 07:03 PM
>This one is for R/S/E: You may only use moves of a certain contest type. (i.e. Beauty)

Amore
August 9th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.

Charmageddon
August 9th, 2010, 05:35 AM
What am I being agreed on?

This post:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

myrrhman
August 9th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I was thinking of a new idea for a challenge.

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?

.Hoenn
August 9th, 2010, 03:20 PM

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?

using what? MSN or AIM? or Teamviewer chat?

I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.

sorry bro, found one made by a temp. banned user, join that and i guess your in

dragon0fangz
August 9th, 2010, 03:35 PM

:O

requesting thread creation for these IMMEDIATELY. myrrhman? or somebody else?

AceDragonite
August 9th, 2010, 04:08 PM

that is a really good idea except what if some bastard goes "Team rocket attacks you and steals are your pokemon"

.Hoenn
August 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
:O

requesting thread creation for these IMMEDIATELY. myrrhman? or somebody else?

Sydian made the favorite challenge, and i just made the Split Game one

dragon0fangz
August 9th, 2010, 04:24 PM
I would make the Moveset challenge and the Restriction challenge, but i would have to constantly look over my own thread...
Also contests, that sounds cool, maybe i could add a side challenge, you have to beat that contest Master Rank.

.Hoenn
August 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
haha, i might make those too :)

AceDragonite
August 9th, 2010, 04:28 PM
okay semi-off topic but I love the nuzlocke challenge so much I started to do it on FIFA SOCCER 10
If I lose a game, I have to release my best player, do you guys think I am a Nuzfag for this?

dragon0fangz
August 9th, 2010, 04:29 PM
do it, and i'll join. im thinking combining restrictions with nuzlocke. maybe add moveset on that one.
XD, never thought about doing Nuzlocke on other games.

.Hoenn
August 9th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Just submitted the .HCv1, it will have my challenges :)

.Hoenn Challenges V1

tharding6
August 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
how bout a challenge where you pick one kind of trainer (Bug catcher, Lass, Youngster, etc.) and you can only use pokemon that trainers of that type use in the game. Some one would have to look up all the trainers in the games to make the lists.. But i think this could be a need challenge

AceDragonite
August 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
do it, and i'll join. im thinking combining restrictions with nuzlocke. maybe add moveset on that one.
XD, never thought about doing Nuzlocke on other games.

haha, well I probably can't make it because its not a Pokemon Game, but I think I may request to make a nuzlocke general.

myrrhman
August 9th, 2010, 07:56 PM
I go away for 13 little hours, and look at what you've done... Thanks for keeping me busy guys...

Okay:

Hoenn#1: I think skype would work best for this.
He's just banned for having too long of a siggy because something broke in his, so he should be back shortly.

dragon#1: Some are already made.

acedragonite: Well that sucks to be you if that happens. We could either hope that people play nice or give people incentive to do good things, like an award for the person who does the nicest things. Idk, shut up. Stop laughing.

thard: Someone did that a long time ago in a land where the Challenge section wasn't its own board. Wouldn't mind seeing that again; and Cooltrainers should be banned for having too good pokemon.

dragon0fangz
August 10th, 2010, 03:07 PM
dragon#1: Some are already made.

not all, duh. what ever isnt made, should be.

AceDragonite
August 11th, 2010, 06:04 PM
This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.

ThaWinnerGON
August 12th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Here's one I'm attempting at the moment---

Gift Pokemon Run

I'm sure someone already posted that, but I really don't feel like going through 10 pages of thread to make sure.

I think it's easiest in HG/SS, where you get a decent amount of Gift Pokemon.
Pretty much only the pokemon you get as gifts can be what you use, for your team and as HM slaves. No trading, catching, safari zoning, etc. So eggs, lying-on-tables-to-grab, starters, and the sort are the only ones you can use.

myrrhman
August 12th, 2010, 10:46 AM
This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.
This is really appetizing. I wouldn't mind doing this league. Only question is: how long does the league go on for? Because it doesn't take me long to go through the games.

AceDragonite
August 12th, 2010, 02:13 PM
^myrrhman the league would probabl go on for a month or so. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet. I decided to make 2 different things out of it though. The League, which is kind of like Fantasy sports, where the main objective is to get points and win, and The Challenge where the main objective is to complete the game, following the stock market rules. I am planning on hosting it at the PokeMunch forums.

Dixie Kong
August 12th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Like any challenge, it'd go in the, duh, Challenge Forum. Have fun trying to run that though. I can't even keep up with stocks irl.

AceDragonite
August 12th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I love the new title of this sticky :)
I got a LOT of challenge posting work to do!

myrrhman
August 12th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hey, Ace, if you need any help with running it, I'd be glad to help out.

AceDragonite
August 12th, 2010, 08:10 PM
^okay yeah you can help I wasn't sure to make it a challenge, a league, or both.

Niprop
August 13th, 2010, 01:51 PM
I just have a great Idea that unfortunately, I cannot join in myself do to the fact that my only freed-up game is currently going through Nuzlocke. Anyways:

★☆★Challenge Arcade!★☆★

Here's how everything goes:

On your great journey, you go through the entire region of XXXX, battling gym leaders and beating the game as usual, however! Each time you defeat a gym leader, you must roll a dice! Each side is assigned to an event, mostly based off of other challenges, for instance:

1 Dot: Monotype. You can only use Pokemon that all share a certain type. Deposit all the Pokemon of the selected type that you cannot use for until you defeat the next gym. You cannot choose to use Pokemon of a type you do not currently posses. You may you HM slaves, though you can't use them in Battle.

2 Dots: Mono Move. Each Pokemon can only use one move out of their move pool for until the next gym is thwarted. Chose wisely, for you can only pick a move for each Pokemon once for until the after the gym. HMs can be used on the field of course, but not in battle if they're not the selected move!

3 Dots: Monoteam. You can only use your current team until you beat the next gym. If your team does not have six members, you can catch additional Pokemon to fill those empty slots, but remember, you can only fill to slots by catching new Pokemon.

4 Dots: Nuzlocke/Deathrun. You heard that right. From now until the next Gym is defeated, any Pokemon that faint are to be considered dead and must be released. Aside from that, you can only catch the first wild Pokemon you find in any given area you find, and of your existing Pokemon, you can only use one per each area caught. You also cannot use any Legendary Pokemon for until you defeat the gym, though you can still catch any you find, so long as you do not use them. Don't forget to set battle style to "SET" too! (And don't forget to set it back if you want to once the gym is over.) If you somehow manage to run out of Pokemon, Undo Nuzlocke and roll the dice until another event comes up. If you have only one Pokemon from each route, and they all die, you can keep the last Pokemon that fainted+all HM users and then proceed to reroll. HM slaves cannot die, but if they faint, they are permanently crippled and cannot be used in battle at all until after the next event.

5 Dots: No items. You cannot use any sort of item other then key items (excluding the Poke Flute for actions of healing Sleep) until the next Gym Leader is defeated. Fairly straightforward.

6 Dots: Double Challenge. You can only use Two Pokemon until the next gym is roflstomped. You can use HM slaves.

Don't worry, challenges don't stack and are reset each time you roll the dice. You also roll the dice one more time after you beat the Champion on certain games, though only in games where the Champion is not the last objective. The victory conditions for each game are:

Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/FireRed/LeafGreen: Beaten after you defeat Mewtwo.
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Beaten after you defeat Red.
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Beaten after you defeat Steven Stone.
Diamon/Pearl/Platinum: Beaten after you defeat Cynthia.
HeartGold/SoulSilver: Beaten after you defeat Red and Mewtwo.

Rules:

1.) No cheating/Hacking
2.) No Trading, accept for eggs, but limited to trading over one egg per playthrough!
3.) that is all!

This challenge can be easy or brutally difficult, but it's all based on chance!