PDA

View Full Version : The people in RSE are so polite

Hitmondog
June 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone else had noticed how polite the people in RSE are compared to people in other Pokemon games. Like, I remember this one trainer said something like "Wow, congrats on winning!" though shorter and different words.

There are a lot of people who can't handle losing in the other games I guess.

Have you noticed this?

JaaykiiD2o1
June 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
Eehh ... kindaa.
I didnt really notice it though.

bz5566
June 2nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
same as above.
maybe it was just that one trainer?

Hitmondog
June 2nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
same as above.
maybe it was just that one trainer?

Maybe. I think there were others though. There was a really nice swimmer.

Emlam
June 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
No more verbal abuse from bikers and scary bald ren faire rejects? :(

§acred†Beo!
June 2nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Well I just restarted my Sapphire, so i'll find out for sure and let you know my opinion ha, but I haven't noticed anything much so far.

Hitmondog
June 3rd, 2010, 04:34 AM
Well I just restarted my Sapphire, so i'll find out for sure and let you know my opinion ha, but I haven't noticed anything much so far.

There was a really nice trainer near Lavaridge and several near Lilycove, Mosdeep and Pacifidlog. The trainers in that sunken boat (what are they doing there anyway?) are pretty nice too.

Alli
June 3rd, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Everyone is always like "wow, you're great!" and even the psychics tell you that you have a bright future. What ever happened to "You insolent pup!" or the rude biker gangs from Kanto? And what about mean rivals that actually push you down? Oh well. Maybe everyone in Hoenn is more relaxed because everything is surrounded by water and there are beaches everywhere. The beach relaxes people and makes them more friendly? I don't know.

Hitmondog
June 3rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Everyone is always like "wow, you're great!" and even the psychics tell you that you have a bright future. What ever happened to "You insolent pup!" or the rude biker gangs from Kanto? And what about mean rivals that actually push you down? Oh well. Maybe everyone in Hoenn is more relaxed because everything is surrounded by water and there are beaches everywhere. The beach relaxes people and makes them more friendly? I don't know.
Maybe so. The people by beaches were nicest. Especially Dewford -> Slateport -> Pacifidlog back up to Lilycove/Mosdeep. Not sure if there are other beaches though.

Alli
June 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
There's a beach by Meteor Falls, Rustboro, Mauville, Petalburg...gee, almost every town is somewhat close to a beach/sandy coast. I can't really recall anyone who is rude to you, except for Team Aqua/Magma.

Hitmondog
June 3rd, 2010, 04:42 PM
There's a beach by Meteor Falls, Rustboro, Mauville, Petalburg...gee, almost every town is somewhat close to a beach/sandy coast. I can't really recall anyone who is rude to you, except for Team Aqua/Magma.

Oh yeah I forgot about Petalburg/Rustboro. But those others are not beaches just freshwater stuff. Same thing though I guess.

I agree those are the only rude people. They're even somewhat nice though.

§acred†Beo!
June 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
There was a really nice trainer near Lavaridge and several near Lilycove, Mosdeep and Pacifidlog. The trainers in that sunken boat (what are they doing there anyway?) are pretty nice too.

Yeah very good point.. What exactly are trainers doing in a sunken ship? Maybe there actually ghosts! :D

Kirbychu
June 3rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
There also pretty well-educated. During my recent playthrough I noticed that the Hoenners seem to really love science. They have their museums, their space station, and the trainers give out random sciency information..

Alli
June 3rd, 2010, 07:04 PM
You know, even your character is polite. Brendan/May is nice enough to listen to random callers telling them how they lost a battle. You cannot skip the calls in Emerald. So basically, we're all nice enough to listen to these people complain or gush about their Pokemon.

inferno7453
June 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Yep I agree Hoenn is the calmest region that I´ve ever played through!People are not rude.

Nikorasu
June 4th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Most games their like 'You got lucky!' or 'You hurt my pokemon!'

I did notice it when i played emerald just after i completed firered

§acred†Beo!
June 4th, 2010, 12:55 PM
OK so I just got to the beach outside of Slateport, and the Sailor you first battle said "Your great!" So yeah they do seem to be very polite.

Aggron1991
June 6th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I noticed this too.

The miscreant Bikers and Cue Balls were replaced by yuppie Triathletes.

The criminals Team Rocket were replaced by misguided but well-intentioned, environmentally-conscious zealots.

And I hate the old people in RSE, too. They tried to make them all wise and serious...the aren't that many old people like that IRL

Aggressor
June 6th, 2010, 11:49 PM
No, every game is rude. It's an influence on every drug dealer in my country.

Kimicatdemon
June 7th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Personally I found the trick master a bit mean. 8C
/personal preference.

Aggron1991
June 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
also, compared to GSC, the rival is a lot nicer. Although some of the RSE rival's compliments did seem a little bit back-handed in my opinion, they were still nothing compared to "A weakling like you is only a distraction!"

Lati-Fan95
June 9th, 2010, 03:44 AM
also, compared to GSC, the rival is a lot nicer. Although some of the RSE rival's compliments did seem a little bit back-handed in my opinion, they were still nothing compared to "A weakling like you is only a distraction!"

The rival is nicer at the beginning...^^ But compare the Silver you meet at Mt.Moon with the May/Brendan you meet in Lilycove... he/she is a bit annoyed and impolite to you (maybe he/she's sick of losing against you?^^) while Silver starts to grasp what he has done wrong all the time!^^

But wow, now that you all mention it... People in Hoenn sure are nicer than in other regions!^^ Everyone seems to be able to take a loss against you!^^ And the trainers themself seem to be much more friendly than in most regions (well, Sinnoh has "friendlier" trainer classes, too!^^). Wonder why it is like that...

Emlam
June 9th, 2010, 03:52 AM
There also pretty well-educated. During my recent playthrough I noticed that the Hoenners seem to really love science. They have their museums, their space station, and the trainers give out random sciency information..
So everyone's a Super Nerd? :P
"You look good at Pokemon, but how's your chem?"

MasterPokeZ
June 13th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I think all the trainers in all the games are generally nice, because its a kids game.

TmsRaider
June 15th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Got to agree with the person on top.

Most people who play the game is kids, and I don't think they can use something like :

YOU BEAT MY POKEMON! FU-K YOU!

TheChickensaur!
June 16th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I agree, the people in firered always act like they're much tougher than they actually are.

Zirkle38
June 17th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Huh, never noticed. But I did always think Aqua and Magma were more like rowdy teenagers than high class criminals. Did they even commit any crimes? But, about the calling thing, you can turn that off, if your person's mean d:

mustafa505
June 18th, 2010, 03:55 AM
a trainer in RSE told me he likes girls he pervet...

Le Creep!
June 18th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Totally. I don't think I ever saw 'Ha! You'll never beat me!'.