PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Pokemon Black + White: Baby Pokemon

GrifSpark
June 7th, 2010, 07:25 AM
This is a forum area just to speculate on new baby Pokemon that you think should appear in Pokemon Black + White. I personally think they should create a Drowzee prevolution, Drowzee's barely been touched since it was created in Pokemon Red + Blue. Maybe "Yawnzee"? Ok... That isn't a great name, but I've never been very good at thinking up names. It could be four-legged, with a longer trunk. When Drowzee evolves it's trunk turns into a nose, I thought we could evolve on that (Wow, that was a strangly prolonged thought on nose sizes)... But what do you think about new baby Pokemon?

Rich Boy Rob
June 7th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Possibly a shared Tauros/Miltank pre-evo, but I can't really think of any others off the top of my head.

DarkSlayer1331
June 7th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Yes, I would love to see a shared Tauros/Miltank baby Pokemon. Also, I think having a baby Lapras would be good too.

Elise
June 7th, 2010, 08:25 AM
^ Daww.... Baby Lapras ftw...

How about babys for Sableye or Mawile?

Thunderhead
June 7th, 2010, 08:39 AM
^Then they'd be super weak, like not even playable during normal play.

I would like to see something that evolves into Kangaskhan(sp).

rndm.
June 7th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Babies for all very big pokemon, like Onix and Skarmory. It's just unnatural for them to hatch from eggs... (Unless lower level pokemon are smaller in these games... But that's another story. =D )

And for pokemon with high base stat total (450-500), especially Scyther.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't mean baby pokemon. I meant pre-evolutions. But I fail to see much difference in those two...

PiPVoda
June 7th, 2010, 08:50 AM
@ Thunderhead: Kanghaskhan won't have a baby evo. I heard from another user on here like a month ago that cubone was orignally suppose to be Kanghaskhan's pre-evo (and that the little creatur in Kaghaskhan's pouch was a cubone with its skull).
-------------------------

Baby evos of Mawile and Sableye neat, but I'd like to see an evo for at least one of them making a 3 evo family.

Lapras sounds okay...though I wonder how a baby Lapras would look? Maybe Lapras shouldn't get one. But Zangoose and Seviper should definitely be given one.

Babies for all very big pokemon, like Onix and Skarmory. It's just unnatural for them to hatch from eggs... (Unless lower level pokemon are smaller in these games... But that's another story. =D )

And for pokemon with high base stat total (450-500), especially Scyther.

I don't think all big pokemon should be given baby evos. Onix is pretty big and I wonder how an egg is made in the first place and how they come out so big, but still I like the air of confusion that roams around how big pokemon hatch so big and it should be kept that way. Skarmory really isn't that big compared to Onix. Some pokemon are just meant to not have any evos at all.

Swinoob
June 7th, 2010, 08:56 AM
^@ PiPVoda: Sorry, PipVoda, but I think that person you talked to was lying. I compared cubone's sprite with Kanghaskan's, and they don't even look similar. That little Kangaroo doesn't even have the same coloration as Cubone. Besides, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother, and I don't think it would be able to lug around Kanghaskan's giant cranium.

Hmmmm... A Tauros/Miltank Pre-Evolution would be nice. So would a Kanghaskan pre-evo. Maybe even two pre-evos. The youngest one would be the little Kangaroo that you see in Kanghaskan's pouch, and the second would be some sort of teenage kangaroo thing, which you would have to level up with the younger Kangaroo thing in your party in order to evolve it. That smaller Kangaroo in Kanghaskan's pouch can't just come out of nowhere. XD

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
June 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
I'd like to see a pre-evolution for Psyduck. Ducklings FTW :D

myrrh25
June 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
^@ PiPVoda: Sorry, PipVoda, but I think that person you talked to was lying. I compared cubone's sprite with Kanghaskan's, and they don't even look similar. That little Kangaroo doesn't even have the same coloration as Cubone. Besides, Cubone wears the skull of it's dead mother, and I don't think it would be able to lug around Kanghaskan's giant cranium.

Read this:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/349/b/f/Missingno_solved_by_Rasmanisar.jpg

Numbers
June 7th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I've heard a lot of people saying for ages that they want a baby that evolves into either Miltank or Tauros. Surely they're bound to take the hint soon enough xD

DXrobots
June 7th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Yes, I would love to see a shared Tauros/Miltank baby Pokemon. Also, I think having a baby Lapras would be good too.

I like this Cross over pokemon and depending on what gender it is it will evolve into a different pokemon

DarkSlayer1331
June 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM
@Myrrh: Wow, I actually never heard this before. Thanks for sharing, it definitely enlightened me! :)

@PiPVoda: Think of Lapras as smaller, with a smooth shell. Much shorter neck. And in all just looking more like a baby. XD

PiPVoda
June 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I've heard a lot of people saying for ages that they want a baby that evolves into either Miltank or Tauros. Surely they're bound to take the hint soon enough xD

Yeah they should already know by now. It either won't happen anytime soon, or is in the gen 5 pokedex. Guess we'll have to wait till fall to see, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

@darkslayer: I was thinking like that at first, then shellos immediately popped into my head :P

BleuVII
June 7th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Baby pokemon that I'd like to see:

As with the general consensus:
Tauros/Miltank, evolving based on gender
Kangaskhan (Joeykhan)

And some that I haven't heard mentioned yet:
Solrock/Lunatone baby form (Stellarock)-- evolves while holding a certain item during the day or night.
Skarmory -- make it available earlier in the game and make it good. Seriously, Skarmory is always found too late to be of any use.

Rei Shingetsu
June 7th, 2010, 12:38 PM
I really love a baby Lapras!
Name it Sarpal? :P

GlitchCity
June 7th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Tauros/Miltank for sure. Smergle needs some background relatives, poor thing. It has a great move but no story behind it, make me want to cry ;~;

Haza
June 7th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Tropius, Aerodactyl (tho I don't see a fossil Pokemon getting one), and Skarmory all need pre evos. Cuter versions of them all would be great.

Camara
June 7th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Personally I don't care about baby pokémon unless they bring new moves.

From the current Pokémon, I see Lapras getting a pre-evo because it is both big and with a high base stat. Mantine got a pre-evo so Skarmory, its physical counterpart, should get it too. In general, I think big non-legendary pokémon without evolutions can easily get a pre-evo.

Benjamin510
June 7th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Scyther, It needs something like that, I always Thought Scyther and Chansey to be rivals, Because, Scyther > Scizor = (Second gen evo, with first gen beginning)
Chansey > Billsey, (Second gen evo, with first gen beginning)

But then... Happiny came along, so........ It was CRUSHED.

TheShinyMew
June 7th, 2010, 03:41 PM
What about there is the Dark-type Sneasel had a pre-evolution? That'll be so freaky!

I'd rather had a Trophius pre-evolution. I should talk about it later in the morning.

Xander Olivieri
June 7th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Honestly...I have no love for Baby Pokemon. Togepi and Riolu are exceptions because they are the only odd ones. The Baby Pokemon only really do 2 things. It gives their Basic form a chance at different moves and makes a chibi cute add on to fill the dex.

What really drew me here were the Egg questions.

Game wise and Anime wise. When the Eggs enter the Hatching stage they glow with the same evolution light. So in a sense the Pokemon evolve from the eggs. That's why all the eggs in the Anime are the same size and why large Pokemon can come from tiny eggs.

Kendall
June 7th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I think a baby absol would be cute. But for the love of god, don't give absol an evolution. It is awesome just the way it is.

Kiryu
June 7th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Read this:

Skarmory should totally get a Prevo...Tropius too.

TheReal
June 7th, 2010, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Carnivine will get a pre-evo in this generation.

vietazn654
June 7th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I want a Carnivine and Skarmory baby Pokemon. That would be awesome. =]

Xander Olivieri
June 7th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game. If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

What they need are new fresh ideas, not playing off of what they've already done. Why do you think some of the fans didn't like 4th Generation? WAY too many additions not enough new and original lines.

kaiser32
June 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game. If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

What they need are new fresh ideas, not playing off of what they've already done. Why do you think some of the fans didn't like 4th Generation? WAY too many additions not enough new and original lines.

You sir have won the internet. I'm sick and tired of that too. Gen 4 was pretty much an add on. It's sad but GF is losing it's steam. I played some FR today, and I realized how simple Pokemon once was. It's sad but I'm kinda not excited for B&W. I'll stick to Kanto. Call me what you want but I've had enough.

Totaldile
June 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
You sir have won the internet. I'm sick and tired of that too. Gen 4 was pretty much an add on. It's sad but GF is losing it's steam. I played some FR today, and I realized how simple Pokemon once was. It's sad but I'm kinda not excited for B&W. I'll stick to Kanto. Call me what you want but I've had enough.
Well, this may be true - considering that Isshu is meant to be "far away" from all the other regions. I mean, maybe some flying pokemon evos to be realistic, because birds can fly over oceans, but I'm expecting no more than the usual pikachu, zubat, geodude, etc.

kaiser32
June 7th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Well, this may be true - considering that Isshu is meant to be "far away" from all the other regions. I mean, maybe some flying pokemon evos to be realistic, because birds can fly over oceans, but I'm expecting no more than the usual pikachu, zubat, geodude, etc.

Eh, I want something new and fresh. That's what makes me play through FR and Pearl (Lolcondradictionsftw). I like new things and pokemon isn't.
I hope they do something other than "collect 8 badges" "Own E4" "Hurrduur catch 18 ledgens" I mean thats the vibe I got from SS and HG. Don't get me wrong all the games are good. I'm worried about GF's mindset. They're getting old, lets not ignore the elephant in the room here folks.

Gramisaur
June 8th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Please no more baby Pokemon! I find them to be useless and pointless and just a way of appealing to young girls or whatever due to their cute factor.
It irritates me no end when you fight trainers in the game that use them as they just SUCK.

I also agree with previous posters who feel they should avoid adding to existing evolution lines. It's a new region, supposedly miles away from the previous 4. Why would existing Pokemon have new evolutions that can only be obtained here. Unless they rely on the different climate, I can't see much point tbh.

ionbru xp
June 8th, 2010, 03:25 AM
I think the pre evo for miltank/tauros should evolve by drinking moo moo milk or holding it....
and a new item should be introduced if cubone had a pre evo which would be a skull that raises defense??!

RedWar
June 8th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I've honestly had enough of adding to existing. I say they need to go for broke and do a completely new set with no ties to any past generation game.

Why? Are you saying that pokemon have never spread throughout the world? that pokemon aren't successful etc? think of it like dogs, chickens etc - there are numerous different types but the differences arent THAT varied and they are everywhere - and have spread successfully (Been reading a book on chinese expansion called iirc, 1421, that explains how chickens can be used to show expansion of china - think of it in the same way, colonists taking food stock, pets etc). Of course a lot of local stuff will be unique, and of course there are places that haven't got this spread of wildlife (yet?) but that will be the exception not the rule.

I appreciate this is real life stuff in a computer game, just thought it worth mentioning.

If they can't do that, then Game Freak is heading straight for the jagged rocks below.

Now this I don't get at all - Pokemon was, yet again, hugely successful and the franchise is going from strength to strength. Care to enlighten me as to how this could cause Gamefreak to head 'straight for the jagged rocks below'

If GameFreak worried about 'some fans' they would have a LOT of worrying to do, and no way of getting games out. What you have there is personal opinion, not a strategic view of various cross sections of customers, target audiences etc

I would bet a HUGE amount of money that gamefreak is monitoring what is liked and disliked across various cross sections - whole marketing depts rely on this data, as do game developers. They will know what has worked and what hasn't and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately it may not be to your liking, or mine, how they do it - for example i would prefer they went down a 'harder' route of more aggressive looking pokemon etc - but I accept that doesn't fit in with their target audience.

But however you look at it I fail to see how GF are looking at falling onto any rocks, or why they should make a 100% brand new pokemon range - especially not when, with so many pokemon, they could spread it over 2 games etc.

Mac@ACK!
June 8th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Why? Are you saying that pokemon have never spread throughout the world? that pokemon aren't successful etc? think of it like dogs, chickens etc - there are numerous different types but the differences arent THAT varied and they are everywhere - and have spread successfully (Been reading a book on chinese expansion called iirc, 1421, that explains how chickens can be used to show expansion of china - think of it in the same way, colonists taking food stock, pets etc). Of course a lot of local stuff will be unique, and of course there are places that haven't got this spread of wildlife (yet?) but that will be the exception not the rule.

I appreciate this is real life stuff in a computer game, just thought it worth mentioning.

Now this I don't get at all - Pokemon was, yet again, hugely successful and the franchise is going from strength to strength. Care to enlighten me as to how this could cause Gamefreak to head 'straight for the jagged rocks below'

If GameFreak worried about 'some fans' they would have a LOT of worrying to do, and no way of getting games out. What you have there is personal opinion, not a strategic view of various cross sections of customers, target audiences etc

I would bet a HUGE amount of money that gamefreak is monitoring what is liked and disliked across various cross sections - whole marketing depts rely on this data, as do game developers. They will know what has worked and what hasn't and adjust accordingly. Unfortunately it may not be to your liking, or mine, how they do it - for example i would prefer they went down a 'harder' route of more aggressive looking pokemon etc - but I accept that doesn't fit in with their target audience.

But however you look at it I fail to see how GF are looking at falling onto any rocks, or why they should make a 100% brand new pokemon range - especially not when, with so many pokemon, they could spread it over 2 games etc.

You sir are now my favorite person in the world.

I've been saying this since Gen III, when all my friends got sick and tired of the HUGE AMOUNTS of Pokemon. I loved the fact that DPPt had a combination of both new and updated Pokemon. Magmortar, Dusknoir, Gallade, all great additions, but then we also had additions like Garchomp(RIP), Infernape, the all powerful Bidoof, etc. I think what Game Freak is doing is a heck of a lot better than what they were doing when they made RSE, tying the generations together more to the first and second one.

HaloSonic
June 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Let's see who needs a Baby form...
Farfetch'd
Plusle & Minun
spoink
Corsola
Skarmory
Spiritomb
Pachirishu

and a few others not on my mind now.

Jerme
June 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Carnivine will get a pre-evo in this generation.

it needs a evo...and like the absol comment, they better not mess it up. electabuzz was my all time fav but then they gave it that fugly evolution

and i don't see why people like baby, its a total waste except for a move, and fills up space that could have been put to better use

Xyrin
June 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't want many baby Pokemon. Besides the miltant/tauros (Sp?) one. But Zangoose and Seviper needs an Evo.

vietazn654
June 8th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Spiritomb

Spiritomb? I don't think so, since it's a Pokemon that is a spirit. I honestly don't think it should have an evolution or pre-.

WriteThemWrong
June 8th, 2010, 06:47 PM
i want a baby form of a baby pokeman. i won't be happy till i can use the egg of a pichu in battle

videogamerpat
June 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I hope we don't have anymore. They don't seem to serve much of a purpose except give us an excuse to grind happyness, and to introduce super cute pokemon for the anime/movies. XD

Volroc
June 8th, 2010, 08:01 PM
the only one needed:
kangeskhan

enough said, but ill add details why:

baby....born wit a baby in its pouch.......................anyone catch on yet?

BleuVII
June 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Let's see who needs a Baby form...
Farfetch'd
Plusle & Minun
spoink
Corsola
Skarmory
Spiritomb
Pachirishu

and a few others not on my mind now.

Most of those already have terrible stats. Plusle and Minun practically ARE baby pokemon. Pachirisu, Skarmory, and Spiritomb are the only ones with halfway decent stats, and even them... not so much.

I don't know why everyone is hating on babies so much though. I played through SS with a Magby and Elekid duo, and they were amazing. I didn't evolve them until the 8th gym. Riolu is a great baby form too, and Smoochum is okay if you can find some way to raise her defense. Maybe everyone's judgment is clouded by the likes of Cleffa and Igglybuff.

As for the new evolutions over generations, you realize that basically none of the Gen IV evos were available during regular gameplay in D/P, right? It's not even a matter of ignoring them until the endgame, it's the fact that you literally can't GET them until the endgame.

~Gary~
June 8th, 2010, 11:13 PM
a kid dialga and palkia would look super cute

Arcelio
June 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Read this:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2009/349/b/f/Missingno_solved_by_Rasmanisar.jpg

/b/ did something productive?

Oh
Dear
God

We're all gonna die.

donkeyB
June 9th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I like them all:X So I want all of them to appear in this film;))
Do you know when it can happen?

MartinJF
June 9th, 2010, 03:00 AM
Torkoal Pre-Evo would be awesome

shengar
June 9th, 2010, 03:37 AM
Either Lapras pre-evolution or Skarmory will good enough for me.

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Either Lapras pre-evolution or Skarmory will good enough for me.

as long as they will end up having higher base stat after evolving from baby, i'm ok with it. that why, they dont end up getting a fugly evolution

GrifSpark
June 9th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Wow, I’m surprised at the amount of responses from you guys on this thread. From what I’ve seen so far I like
Drowzee – I thought it up, what’cha expect?
Taurus/Miltank link – Maybe it could evolve in the same why Tyrogue does, depending on stats.
Sneasel – A favourite Pokemon of mine, I’d love to see a prevolution.
Absol – My favourite Pokemon so-far, a baby form would make it more popular.
Skarmory – Its Sp. Attack counterpart (Mantine) got one, it must feel left out… L
Kanghaskan – Sounds good, the creature in its pouch just comes out of no-where. I also think that the prevolution should gain a male evolution, as Kanghaskan can only be female.
Solrock/Lunatone link – Possibly evolving during night/day, which would make sense.
Torkoal – A great fire-type that needs a pre/evolution. Baby or otherwise.
Although there are a few I disagree with…
Plusle/Minun link – They already have terrible, do we need to make them worse?
Legendary prevo’s – No… They’re legendries; the point is they are epic as they are.
Sableye/Mawile prevolution – They’re stats aren’t great to be honest, however they do deserve an evolution.
Thanks everyone for Posting!
(And keep to the topic plz)

Nikorasu
June 9th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Possibly a shared Tauros/Miltank pre-evo, but I can't really think of any others off the top of my head.

Thats a really nice idea xD

I don't really think more pre-evolutions should really be made..

Or maybe on pree-evolutions for the pokemon that are single.

Eg. Stantler, Tauros, Miltank you know what im talking about.

Like what they did with Mr Mime and Mime jr.

enderalex
June 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Thats a really nice idea xD

I don't really think more pre-evolutions should really be made..

Or maybe on pree-evolutions for the pokemon that are single.

Eg. Stantler, Tauros, Miltank you know what im talking about.

Like what they did with Mr Mime and Mime jr.

Oh god, I didnt like Mr Mime much but Mime Jr was just horrible, that little clown crack head looking thing was so retarded looking, please gamefreak if you read this, no more mime jr catastrophe's please!

UraharaSteph
June 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Read this:

I really wouldn't take /b/s word for it :P seriously.

Anyway, there are some good 'baby' pokémon out there (Riolu, Togepi, Pichu are some) and then there are absolutely terrible ones (I can't stand Iggliebuff...and Cleffa I can't even spell them XD) So basically, it all depends on what pokémon they make them for, what the look like and if they are actually going to be any good.

Xebelleon
June 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
baby Skarmory
baby Koffing (no bumpy gas jets; smooth, like a baby's bottom)
one-tailed baby Vulpix, before the tail splits
Zorua...
Celtix the baby Onix... and N BA-lls in Pokemart...
baby Tauros
baby Tropius

BleuVII
June 9th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I know this would never happen, but I'd LOVE a Mewtwo baby, since I've always wanted to train one up from level 1 or level 5. Seriously, do you know how much fun it'd be to have a Mewtwo/Lucario/Zoroark team?

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I know this would never happen, but I'd LOVE a Mewtwo baby, since I've always wanted to train one up from level 1 or level 5. Seriously, do you know how much fun it'd be to have a Mewtwo/Lucario/Zoroark team?

no...that is just RETARDED. but for gen V there should be an event where mewtwo is first being created (like in 1st movie), and you can catch at level one. i would like that, and it would make you happy i guess

BleuVII
June 9th, 2010, 03:48 PM
^ Yeah, I wouldn't mind that either. It's just that I always get Mewtwo at too high a level to make him any fun to train. At that point, it's all just Heart Scales and EVs.

Steve Moore
June 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
A baby Absol would be cool.

dieter57
June 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
the only one needed:
kangeskhan

enough said, but ill add details why:

baby....born wit a baby in its pouch.......................anyone catch on yet?
i remember purposely breeding a kangeskhan to see that if it had the baby in it's pouch, and then i thought "are they siblings"??????

celia19O5
June 9th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I love to have one like this :)

Pyrax
June 9th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Taurus/Miltank link – Maybe it could evolve in the same why Tyrogue does, depending on stats.

Or it could evolve based on it's gender.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 9th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think ANYONE has posted this. A baby Croagunk. I already though of a name, too: Croagoop. In my opinion, Croagunk is cool, and so is Toxicroak. I think a little frog with stumpy arms would be the cutest thing ever!

Also, a Miltank/Tauros thing would be cool...

Forever
June 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM
no...that is just RETARDED. but for gen V there should be an event where mewtwo is first being created (like in 1st movie), and you can catch at level one. i would like that, and it would make you happy i guess
Express your opinion but you don't have to insult the user's idea by saying it is "retarded" :(

I think Mew sort of takes that place though. I mean yeah a baby Mewtwo would be cute, but I've always viewed Mew as a baby form of Mewtwo, even though it isn't, but appearance and history within the games makes me think so.

And I don't think it's likely that a previous legendary will have a significant role (aka like an event mentioned) in these games other than Entei/Suicune/Raikou, which aren't the main legendaries - unlike Mewtwo.

Owl
June 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
A baby form of Tauros and Miltank would be nice to see. Also Kangskhan :3

AceDragonite
June 30th, 2010, 06:58 AM
there needs to be ones for Lapras and Tropius, since their around the same category as Snorlax, so the only way to get Lapras and Tropius in the game is by evolving their baby.

AffectionateGizmos
June 30th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Baby Lapras sounds cuter than cute :D

Doxasikyrie
June 30th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I'm actually very surprised that we haven't seen more baby Pokemon at this point. In previous generations it seems like they were among the first to be revealed. Could we be seeing more new Pokemon than simply extended existing evolutionary lines?

Azure-Supernova
June 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I think every organic (such as Scyther and Khangaskan) Pokémon should have a baby form, that way it makes the world much more natural and gives you an idea of how they might fit into an eco-system. After all, that'd have to be a pretty big egg to hatch a Khangaskan!

Jerme
June 30th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I think every organic (such as Scyther and Khangaskan) Pokémon should have a baby form, that way it makes the world much more natural and gives you an idea of how they might fit into an eco-system. After all, that'd have to be a pretty big egg to hatch a Khangaskan!

the way i think, is that they arent prevoed when hatched. they are just small and get bigger as they grow

plus if your idea came true, that would be horrible

Azure-Supernova
June 30th, 2010, 12:44 PM
the way i think, is that they arent prevoed when hatched. they are just small and get bigger as they grow

plus if your idea came true, that would be horrible

Pokémon growing in size has not yet been shown in any game or in the anime (I've seen Giant pokémon and abnormalities, but they're usually the same size right?). The idea of this being that I think 'Pokémon growth' is evolution itself. Henceforth Clefa evolving into a Clefairy is Clefa growing up. With growth in size and evoltuion, one might make the other redundant.

Jerme
June 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
well its not in the game for obvious reasons. in battle sprites will need to resize, only game that had all sprites was hg/ss but they didnt make em be small becase they would need so many sprites.

and i dont watch the anime, so i have no idea on eggs, unless they ever showed a full grown ryhorn hatch from an egg. so the only thing to do is think like that

but kangashakn needs to be fixed

Azure-Supernova
June 30th, 2010, 12:50 PM
When I mentioned how it's not in the games, more specifically I was pointing a finger at the Pokédex info which registers every single species as the same height and weight.

Jerme
June 30th, 2010, 12:56 PM
When I mentioned how it's not in the games, more specifically I was pointing a finger at the Pokédex info which registers every single species as the same height and weight.

oh, that probably means its maximum height. like how real life creatures are always going to be intween one height and another.

Bamboo Basara
June 30th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I would love a Tropius or Lapras prevo. Both seem like prime candidates.
For some reason I get the feeling we'll be seeing a Sneasel prevo.

Flarexon
June 30th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Baby Lugia? *shot* Carnivine could use one... Hmm... Carnibud?

Calder
June 30th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Hmmmm... A Tauros/Miltank Pre-Evolution would be nice. So would a Kanghaskan pre-evo. Maybe even two pre-evos. The youngest one would be the little Kangaroo that you see in Kanghaskan's pouch, and the second would be some sort of teenage kangaroo thing, which you would have to level up with the younger Kangaroo thing in your party in order to evolve it. That smaller Kangaroo in Kanghaskan's pouch can't just come out of nowhere. XD

Its true... If a Kangaskan dies the baby wears its mothers skull and uses her bone to fight and evolves into a Marowak instead of a Kangaskan because of the skull and different way of raising...

Maybe they will make a baby Kangaskan that can evolve into a Cubone or a Joeykan xD and then Cubone into Marowak and Joeykan into Kangaskan... Making Kangaskan a 3rd stage and Marowak also a 3rd stage so they would make their stats higher and we would be seeing them in WiFi battles :)

xxChazxx
June 30th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Its true... If a Kangaskan dies the baby wears its mothers skull and uses her bone to fight and evolves into a Marowak instead of a Kangaskan because of the skull and different way of raising...

Maybe they will make a baby Kangaskan that can evolve into a Cubone or a Joeykan xD and then Cubone into Marowak and Joeykan into Kangaskan... Making Kangaskan a 3rd stage and Marowak also a 3rd stage so they would make their stats higher and we would be seeing them in WiFi battles :)

I'd like it, but without the "Joeykan". It just seems unneeded. I love the idea in that it creates the much missed link between the two species.

Bamboo Basara
June 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM

No one has ever confirmed that, it's only fan speculation. I see where people are drawing the theory from but I really, really doubt that was Game Freak's intentions.

Eeohnex
June 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I think it'd be great if we could see a pre-evolution of Lapras, Absol, Miltank, and Tauros in B/W.

Calder
June 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I'd like it, but without the "Joeykan". It just seems unneeded. I love the idea in that it creates the much missed link between the two species.

It was just a name for him I'm not saying the actual Joey lol

Azure-Supernova
June 30th, 2010, 03:32 PM

On this point (if it truly is the case that a Kanga-baby is a Cubone without the skull and bone) then that baby Pokémon should then have two seperate evolution paths.

1. *Baby* --Training w/Bone Staff--> Cubone > Marowak
2. *Baby* --Training normally--> 2nd bridge evolution > Kangaskhan

But this is all dependent on the reliability of the rumour... and having originated from /b/ weeeeellll....

TwinkleClefable
June 30th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I think a Baby Absol would look Aweshum :3

Jerme
June 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
On this point (if it truly is the case that a Kanga-baby is a Cubone without the skull and bone) then that baby Pokémon should then have two seperate evolution paths.

1. *Baby* --Training w/Bone Staff--> Cubone > Marowak
2. *Baby* --Training normally--> 2nd bridge evolution > Kangaskhan

But this is all dependent on the reliability of the rumour... and having originated from /b/ weeeeellll....

there's really no point of making it an item hold evo, its not that special/new...unless they up its base stats without a new evo

Gulpin
June 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Reading on the first page I noticed people saying that Pre-Evo's are for Pokemon who are too big to hatch from a giant egg, but if I understand correctly, the egg 'evolves' in a since into the Pokemon when it is ready (in the animie) or with the in game graphics and such it hatches then 'evolves' from the innards of the egg.

Iqid Loopz
June 30th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Like other people said Kangaskhan should have a baby form name Kangaskid,
Carnivine, Delibird, Heracross, should have one
and even better baby Zangoose and Seviper

Jerme
June 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Like other people said Kangaskhan should have a baby form name Kangaskid,
Carnivine, Delibird, Heracross, should have one
and even better baby Zangoose and Seviper

as long as they change their base stat higher (better for battle), i'm ok with the babies. if not, then they will be completely pointless. i'd rather have older gens have preevos than evos, they get ugly as hell usually.

Tanaki
June 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Regardless of what othe people say, I would still want to see kangaskid, but the stark truth of the matter is that it's an idea that's 3 generations too late and they probably won't do it. I do agree that Skarmory should get a hummingbird-like prevo, other than that Idk.

Azure-Supernova
July 1st, 2010, 04:07 AM
there's really no point of making it an item hold evo, its not that special/new...unless they up its base stats without a new evo

Why does it have to be special or new? It would be a mechanic and it would fit in with the Pokémons' background information. Gen IV introduced a few new hold+trade evolutions... not really special were they?

Calder
July 1st, 2010, 04:12 AM

They could make it so if it meets the requirements during a battle where Kangaskan faints it goes to Cubone

Migueliscool
July 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
I heard a guy mention a prevo of lapras. They should definitely do that! I would so catch it

Jerme
July 1st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Why does it have to be special or new? It would be a mechanic and it would fit in with the Pokémons' background information. Gen IV introduced a few new hold+trade evolutions... not really special were they?

they introduced new pokemon. but making a baby kanga evolve into cubone when it holds some item would just not be worth it, unless cubone and marowaks base stats get upped', or if they made a 4th stage evo that had better stats. you will probably just be able to catch a cubone in the wild anyways.

Azure-Supernova
July 1st, 2010, 12:06 PM
they introduced new pokemon. but making a baby kanga evolve into cubone when it holds some item would just not be worth it, unless cubone and marowaks base stats get upped', or if they made a 4th stage evo that had better stats. you will probably just be able to catch a cubone in the wild anyways.

Ummm, yup... but still this is an entirely hypothetical situation here... chances are the two will never be connected (and maybe never were). I was simply stipulating.

Resultz
July 1st, 2010, 12:29 PM
Please no more baby Pokemon! I find them to be useless and pointless and just a way of appealing to young girls or whatever due to their cute factor.
It irritates me no end when you fight trainers in the game that use them as they just SUCK.

I also agree with previous posters who feel they should avoid adding to existing evolution lines. It's a new region, supposedly miles away from the previous 4. Why would existing Pokemon have new evolutions that can only be obtained here. Unless they rely on the different climate, I can't see much point tbh.

THIS, PRECISELY. They have no purpose other than to just be there.

what i want to see is a completely new slate. New pokemon .

If anything, give The ruby and sapphire version exclusives an extra evo on top.
Zangoose, Mawile, lunatone... only that will impress me.

GrifSpark
July 3rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hey, me again.

I've recently had an idea for the Kangaskan>Cubone idea. It works in the same way as Mantyke's evolution, depending on which Pokemon is in the team.
Here we go.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 evolves into Cubone, then Marowak.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 with its mother Kangaskan in the party evolves into a Kangaskan.

This way, Kangaskans natural rareness is kept, and there is no need for the complication of increasing/decreasing Kangaskan's or Cubone's stats. It also makes sense as to Cubone's evolution, as it is supposedly loney because it never knew its mother. (The whole dead mother thing is just a technicality)
Let me know what you guys think. Hell, that's what this threads for.

Doxasikyrie
July 3rd, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hey, me again.

I've recently had an idea for the Kangaskan>Cubone idea. It works in the same way as Mantyke's evolution, depending on which Pokemon is in the team.
Here we go.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 evolves into Cubone, then Marowak.

Baby Pokemon at Lv. 10 with its mother Kangaskan in the party evolves into a Kangaskan.

This way, Kangaskans natural rareness is kept, and there is no need for the complication of increasing/decreasing Kangaskan's or Cubone's stats. It also makes sense as to Cubone's evolution, as it is supposedly loney because it never knew its mother. (The whole dead mother thing is just a technicality)
Let me know what you guys think. Hell, that's what this threads for.

I personally think it's a great idea, but whether or not Game Freak will do something like that is another question altogether. The idea alone will help fill in some holes and satisfy the supposed intention of the Gen. 1 creators.

yufang
July 4th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Kangaskhan definitely needs 2 get a pre-evo. I mean how does kangaskhan lay an egg, then the egg hatches... and BOOM!
The newly born is fully grown with another baby in it's pouch. HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!
If they dot make a pre-evo 4 this pokemon, they should at least change the sprites!
Also, they should include a feature where the pokemon grow bigger and change in body and mind throughout the game based on your care 4 the pokemon.
Otherwise, pokemon would be brainless tools 4 battling.

Actor
July 4th, 2010, 02:08 AM
2 pre-evo's for Lapras.

Kidras and Younras.

MistahDude
July 4th, 2010, 02:42 AM

How could you play FR and say "oh this is simple"? Why not just play the originals? Thats simple.

dieter57
July 4th, 2010, 11:20 AM
a baby lapras
baby tropius
and a baby absol

Dilasc
July 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
If we're gonna think of Kangas names, we might as well stay on the theme of Mongolian rulers:

baby: Kubliskhan
Male: Timurkang

I still believe a baby beetle that can grow into Heracross or Pinsir could work. It could have a nice breeding pool too with moves like Megahorn.

Omnis
July 4th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Considering that Black and White follows a Yin-Yang motif, I figure that Absol will either get an evo or a baby form (due to being partly based off of the Yin-Yang). And indeed, I would enjoy it :D

Paper Ghost
July 4th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Kangaskhan, plz. D:

Or Absol. Awwww.

Eric.
July 4th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I still believe a baby beetle that can grow into Heracross or Pinsir could work. It could have a nice breeding pool too with moves like Megahorn.

That would be great and the same can be done for Miltank and Tauros but based on the gender.