View Full Version : 18+ Video Games in Australia - Should it be Allowed?

June 7th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Over years and years, the controversy with bringing "R Rated" video games into Australia legally has been going on and on.

I'm only 14, but I'll show my view.

It should be allowed, because the mature gamers have lost their right to play games in their age group, the games that are originally 18+, are edited to be suitable for a 15+ audience. A popular example being the Grand Theft Auto series.

People think it should stay banned, others differ.

I say *Unban*

June 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Why not? You'd gonna see awesome stuff when you're 18 anyways so why not have that in early age?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 8th, 2010, 4:13 AM
I really don't get Australia's laws on video games. They're ridiculously protective, imo. I mean, there's a reason game certification exists - under-eighteen year-olds wouldn't be able to play 18 games, so what's the problem? I can understand parents being anxious that their children aren't exposed to anything ridiculously sick, but again, if they were good parents they'd make sure their sprogs never played games rated above their age. :|

In the wise, wise words of Wire in the Blood:

Paula: Video games. Violence begets violence.
Tony Hill: Oh yes? And what video games did Jack the Ripper play?

June 8th, 2010, 4:55 AM

I don't see what's so bad about R-rated games as long as you need to show ID to purchase them...

June 8th, 2010, 7:21 AM
I bought an 18 when I was 11 because of my height :P.

Anyway, BOT, yeah, I live in Perth and coming from England I can't beleive how stupid the laws are. They import R DVDs so whats the problem with games?

June 13th, 2010, 3:18 AM
i dont care too much but it kind of annoys me when i play Left 4 Dead and you cant tell if the zombies are dead or not, coz the limbs stay intact.
it would be nice if they unban but it really wont worry me too much if they dont.