PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Master Ball In Pokemart

~Gary~
June 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
In the fifth generation everything will be advanced so why can't master balls be in pokemarts.it would be a blessing to all people who can't catch legends easily.lol

PatJamma
June 8th, 2010, 06:10 AM
no. legendarys are supposed to be a pain in the rear to catch. giving the player the ability to buy master balls is like gamefreak and AR merging into one

BlitŻ
June 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Yeah, not to flame, but that is one lame idea. -__-. It would be like giving the Master Sword to Link in the beginning of the game, does not work :X

shookie
June 8th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I'd love extra Master Balls as much as the next guy, but...in a Poké Mart? Nooooooooo

The other Pokéballs would be rendered useless, and it eliminates the challenge of catching legendaries or any Pokémon with a low catch rate.

Lord_Sesshoumaru
June 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
don't like the idea...I'd really like to catch legendaries the hard way...I mean it won't be challenging anymore if we could just buy master balls...

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 8th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Honestly, It WOULD be awesome...
But, then what would the point of legendaries be?
To use as slaves?

zZJoennZz
June 8th, 2010, 06:45 AM
No master ball.. to more thrill ... :D

TheReal
June 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah! Master balls and Rare Candies for 100$ each in all the Pokémarkets of the game! Let's completly destroy all the fun in the game :D

Mew~
June 8th, 2010, 08:55 AM
That would just ruin it for me... masterballs are supposed to be rare and it would make it too easy for catching pokemon which takes the fun outta it :\

HugSomebody
June 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have to disagree as well, master balls are a rarity that are to be treasured. To easily buy one in a market would take that fun away. =x

NA3LKER
June 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
i do use an action replay max cartridge for master balls and the like, but i only use master balls as a last resort, as catching legendries and other pokemon with other balls is much more fun. and anyway, whenever i go to capture a pokemon, i always try a quick ball first, due to the time when i caught palkia with a quick ball

SIN1488
June 8th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Then how about they make them in the shop at whatever battle facility they will most likely put in the game, and they could cost 300BP or maybe more? I mean, they already have the rare candies in the current battle facilities, not to mention they aren't all that rare with the pickup ability.

Chris337
June 8th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I think a better idea would be to have 2 or 3 master balls available throughout the game, but being able to buy them at will would be too much.

Anuhrima
June 8th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Only if it was for the highest price in the game. Maybe then.

Jerme
June 8th, 2010, 09:23 AM
how about they sell them in a well hidden black market, along with safari & cherish balls

Agent Clank
June 8th, 2010, 09:26 AM
It would be like giving the Master Sword to Link in the beginning of the game

I agree,that would take the fun out of catching Legendaries.
and lol to Link getting the Master Sword in the begining of the Game :D

beca
June 8th, 2010, 10:01 AM
As much as I'd love a bunch of extra master balls, it would take away the challenge of catching legendaries if they were easily accessible xD
But hey, who knows? Perhaps they'll be released in an event someday. Unlikely, but it would be a nice surprise =]

LeeBee
June 8th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Honestly, where would the fun be if you could just save a bit of cash and buy master balls? I mean, where would the 'catch' aspect of the game really be if you knew that 100% of the time you could catch whatever..? ε-(´・`)

Angelroid
June 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Never gonna happen, That would ruin the game for everyone.

Starling008
June 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Legendaries are supposed to be challenging to catch. Using Masterballs all of the time would make the whole game so pointless...catching Pokemon is one of the best parts of the games...and catching a legendary is a major event...why would you want to ruin that?

Cherrim
June 8th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I'd be fine with having Master Balls sliiightly more accessible--like make them a prize in the Frontier or something, or for a lot of tedious grinding subquest things, but I certainly don't want them for straight sale. :| That's just... over the top easy.

Eurydice
June 8th, 2010, 11:21 AM
i dont think having them for sale is a good idea. the game would become way too easy if you didnt have to try to catch pokemon any more.
though maybe they could give out more than one per game. or make them a prize for something. but it would have to be very hard to get. like if they bring the contests back make it so you have to get so many ribbons with one pokemon.

Eric.
June 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I would like to buy master balls but they better make them hard to get and cost a lot. I say around $100000 each, thus you can only buy 9 master balls until you make more money. Thought the location should be really hard to get to.

KejiBebi
June 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hmm maybe they could give you more then one in the game, but I'm not so sure about in a pokemart, unless they were almost too insanely expensive to buy anyways.
Takes the fun out of it! =3 (though I won't lie if they were in the mart I'd sure try to buy them)

Thunderhead
June 8th, 2010, 11:40 AM
It would take away the purpose of the master ball....

MrsNorrington
June 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
It wouldn't be a masterball if it was common and sold in a pokemart...

But I'd like more ingame chances to get a masterball.

Rehanlarc
June 8th, 2010, 01:37 PM
well I would love more master balls, but I have cheated on some games before and gotten x999 masterballs, and then all you are doing is sitting there and being like oh should i catch this guy with a masterball, ahhhh what the H*ll sure it'll add the effect, it just makes the game no fun.... I would love it if you had to really work for it, like you do with Exp Shares and stuff, like you have to do a special mini adventure to get a point and 5 points gets you a masterball. Then it is worth the time, because you spend more time which makes you want more, which makes you have more, which makes a great GTS, which shows nintendo we care still, which overall makes them want to make better and more games. That is my stance on it, which I hope someone agrees to. And also this would really help for me, because i do many stupid idiotic things, like the Red Gyrados thing in my signature, but I would have loved a hard worked for masterball when i was surfing on water after a gym and Raikou pops out of nowhere and decides to attack my lvl 20-20 guys and when i get my first move in he flees, a masterball sounded nice then...

--Rehanlarc

Tater Tot
June 8th, 2010, 02:23 PM
No... but, I suppose it would be kind of okay if they were at an INSANELY expensive price. That way it's still just as hard getting them.

Astinus
June 8th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Definitely not. With only one Master Ball, there's a challenge in catching Pokemon still. You only have one shot at a sure guarantee to catch a Pokemon, so you want to save it for that one that drives you insane, like the wanderers or those with really low catch rates. To be able to easily get Master Balls would be like having really high level Pokemon that can breeze through the entire game right from the start. There's just no challenge.

If there was more than one, then I would hope for a difficult challenge just to get it. Like the lottery in Goldenrod, where you have to do a lot of trading or just get really really lucky in order to get the Master Ball.

Kirbychu
June 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah! Master balls and Rare Candies for 100$ each in all the Pokémarkets of the game! Let's completly destroy all the fun in the game :D
How can you possibly find spending 30-60 minutes to catch a Pokemon "fun"? ._.

It won't happen, so expect everyone tons of people to just clone/hack/trade for them. <_>

BHwolfgang
June 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I'm going to agree with everyone here and say that this is a horrible idea. It'll kill the point of ever buying any other Poke Balls. The catch rate system would be torn down if this were to happen. There wouldn't be any need for it if one can catch anything with an unlimited amount of Master Balls.

It's not even worth considering, even if the price is higher than the sky.

RYOUKI
June 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I'd be fine with having Master Balls sliiightly more accessible--like make them a prize in the Frontier or something, or for a lot of tedious grinding subquest things, but I certainly don't want them for straight sale. :| That's just... over the top easy.
This.

Although, I do want them to have atleast 2 Masterballs you can obtain without winning the lottery.

Melody
June 8th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Honestly, I think Master Balls should be sold in PokeMarts....For about 500000P.

Yes, I think it should be sold, just needs to require an insane amount of in-game money, so that it can be obtained. Naturally, you shouldn't be able to buy it in just any PokeMart, just sell it at the Pokemon League PokeMart Counter to those who have beaten the League.

They did this with certain Ribbons in D/P/P...so why not? It wouldn't dilute the point of the Master Ball, in fact it'd give it more reason to exist. I honestly think that it's stupid that you can only get ONE in the entire game without being insanely lucky. That being said, those who will reply, "you can hack in infinite money" are dense. If someone has an AR/GS/CB/Cheat Device, and hacks in money, nothing stops them from hacking in 999 Master Balls as well. But I think making it obtainable in this way would seem far more fair, and fun. I really think there's a line between making it challenging to 'Catch them All' to make it interesting and making it insanely impossible to complete the Pokedex without having to go so far out of your way to get it done. That being said, not even the GTS solves the problem of obtaining Pokemon you don't have in your Pokedex, since it doesn't allow you to trade for Pokemon you haven't seen in-game. (Even more unfair is that sightings in the Frontier or Wireless Battles/Trades/Interaction are not counted.)

Volroc
June 8th, 2010, 09:00 PM
the quick ball is a master ball :P
well against everythin except legends :P

Crobat
June 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
the quick ball is a master ball :P
well against everythin except legends :P
lmao thats so true, that thing honestly never fails even sometimes on legendaries

Rei Shingetsu
June 8th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I actually don't like the idea like many others.
It'll make the game too easy and legendaries too not legendaries.
I only use Master balls on fleeing ones, the stationed ones are best off playing like they should be - The rapid heartbeat, the craziness of failing to capture them, and when you finally catch them, it's like a big yes! It's the process that matters.

Niprop
June 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Cause then any old evil team could come over, buy some master balls, and snag powerful Pokemon in order to take over whatever they want to take over!

Secretstunt24
June 8th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I must say I agree with everyone on this thread. Buys master balls in a pokemart is ridiculous. There is a reason you only get one every game. It's our responsibility as trainers when to use that one precious item. Changing that take part of the fun away. It would be a legitimate cheat code.

Ninja Caterpie
June 8th, 2010, 11:19 PM
There's only one answer to this.

NO.

However, if there was, for example, a couple of long quest chains to get a extra Master Balls, then I guess it could work.

shengar
June 9th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Did you not feel the excitement when capturing? when you throw your Pokeball, then hoping it will shake three times and in the "click" sound heard? No, i would not have master ball sold at Pokemart on low price. If its a better but hard way to obtain second or third Pokeball, is fine for me.

Masterge77
June 9th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Face it, Master Balls will always be hard to obtain until the legendary event, after all, we almost NEVER win the ID number thing, but it would be nice if they were a prize at the Battle Tower/Frontier (probably for OVER 9000 Battle Points or some ridiculously high amount)

the quick ball is a master ball
well against everythin except legends

YOU LIED TO ME KURT, YOU FREAKING LIED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Face it, Master Balls will always be hard to obtain until the legendary event, after all, we almost NEVER win the ID number thing, but it would be nice if they were a prize at the Battle Tower/Frontier (probably for OVER 9000 Battle Points or some ridiculously high amount)

YOU LIED TO ME KURT, YOU FREAKING LIED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

kurt makes fast balls, not quick balls

driger369
June 9th, 2010, 08:11 AM
1 per game is getting a bit frustrating tbh. Each game we get tossed another bunch of legendary pokemon with each group seemingly having more then the last one. By the time the 7th generation rolls around we're going to have something like 20 legendaries in a game and one Masterball. They only gave us one in the original game and that was originally meant for MewTwo. Every subsequent game has only had one while they should have had multiples.

While it shouldn't be bought in a store, I agree with most of the people who said they should be bought for a bunch of BP or we can do an event chain for them. Something along the lines of the "show me x number of pokemon that I want to see and I'll give you a masterball." Kinda like the guy who always wanted the see the Lickitung I never had...

As long as we get 2-4 in the new game since I know their going to toss like 8 legendaries at us, they always add more then the last game, then it'll be fine. Some of us get frustrated after trying to catch the same pokemon 10+ times and want the satisfaction of seeing the thing actually STAY in a ball once in a while.

A Pixy
June 9th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Unless they cost 999,999,999 each, NO.

SpawnHyuuga
June 9th, 2010, 08:32 AM
I could see maybe a special hidden shop somewhere with Masterballs for sale, BUT they would have to be REALLY HIGH PRICED like $100,000/each..

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 08:48 AM
1 per game is getting a bit frustrating tbh. Each game we get tossed another bunch of legendary pokemon with each group seemingly having more then the last one. By the time the 7th generation rolls around we're going to have something like 20 legendaries in a game and one Masterball. They only gave us one in the original game and that was originally meant for MewTwo. Every subsequent game has only had one while they should have had multiples.

While it shouldn't be bought in a store, I agree with most of the people who said they should be bought for a bunch of BP or we can do an event chain for them. Something along the lines of the "show me x number of pokemon that I want to see and I'll give you a masterball." Kinda like the guy who always wanted the see the Lickitung I never had...

As long as we get 2-4 in the new game since I know their going to toss like 8 legendaries at us, they always add more then the last game, then it'll be fine. Some of us get frustrated after trying to catch the same pokemon 10+ times and want the satisfaction of seeing the thing actually STAY in a ball once in a while.

you make it sound like you never played later games, and still think legendaries can only be caught with master balls....well did you? if not, legendaries can now be caught with every other pokeball, and if you need a master ball, you can trade someone online.

Dragonika
June 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM
seriously disagree it would take the fun and skill out of the game it would basically be cheating ,, catching ratatta with masterball lmaooo outrages ! lol

Numbers
June 9th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think it'd be great :) ... Nah, I kid. I just wanted to go against everyone else :P
Seriously though, I agree with everyone here. Having Masterballs available at the Pokemart would make the game too easy and there would be no challenge left in it.

Masterge77
June 9th, 2010, 10:16 AM
kurt makes fast balls, not quick balls

Either way, they don't work on roaming legends, took me a month to get one, AND THAT IS JUST FOR ENTEI!!!!!!!! I'm currently after Latios, funny, he was much easier to catch in R/S/E......

Jerme
June 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Either way, they don't work on roaming legends, took me a month to get one, AND THAT IS JUST FOR ENTEI!!!!!!!! I'm currently after Latios, funny, he was much easier to catch in R/S/E......

i caught entei with one fast ball, after a few encounters of hurting it. probably had high speed stat

xPsychosocial
June 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
It does seem like a good idea to an extent, I remember wasting my Master Ball the first time I played Blue so buying them again would be useful but then they could just be bought over and over probably ruining the point of catching Pokémon. =\

SIN1488
June 9th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I really don't get why people are so against this idea. Let's say it was put into the game, it's not like you HAVE to buy them, and it's not like NPC's would hand you bags of Masterballs.

It doesn't really change the game unless you want to change YOUR game.

dieter57
June 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
i'm for it. but how about making the price of them 999,999 dollars?
max money for a one time use pokeball. i like it:)

Bluemoon
June 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
That would be really boring if the legends were to caught easily... no fun or excitement at all....

Red1530
June 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Sounds too easy. I think there should be something between Ultra and Master though.The specitaly balls have higher catch rates then the Ultra Balls in the right situation. I think that the Master Ball should be available for purchase but at a very high price and after defeating the Elite Four.

Thorns
June 9th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I would only agree with this if the Master Ball would cost a whole lot, like 100,000 - 500, 000 Poke Dollars.

Sneeze
June 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
They should have more methods of obtaining them but selling them, na. Would make it to easy. Get a 100 win streak in battle tower or something. The ID number lottery is a bit silly, chances are winning are so slim.

Xebelleon
June 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'd rather have Cherish Ball as a store item. Master Ball kinda sucks. I'll use it on legends first time, then trade for the data so I can Repeat Ball.