PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Ruuuuumors on 2ch!

pokejungle
June 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
http://pokejungle.net/images/bw/fanfakes.png
^ The above are FAKE :3 ^

Since we're waiting for CoroCoro to leak, why not look at the current rumors?! Below are 100% unconfirmed and possibly baseless rumors:

Professor
* Several posts on 2ch have said that Araragi ( アララギ ) is the new professors name. In Japanese that is a type of Lily... female professor!?

Legendaries
* Reshiram is rumored to be an Ice/Dragon type.

* Zekrom is rumored to be an Electric/Dragon type.

* Reshiram and Zekrom can change types during battle?

* The three legendary silhouettes will be revealed... One looks like "cotton" (lol wtf?), one looks like a dog, and one is standing on two legs.

Map
* Looks like an upside-down version of Honshu (the main area of Japan, map here (http://www.mykp.co.uk/assets/japan/pics/honshu.gif) if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Characters
* The main character's father (your in-game dad) is supposedly an archeologist.

Story/Plot/Adventure
* May stray from the traditional 8 badges...

* Might expand upon some good/evil either with Pokemon or for storyline

Pokemon
* Zoroa can be obtained in Hiun City by looking through garbage cans and you must chase after it to start a battle. It will be male, lv15

* Some new pokemon are going to be revealed... A kappa-like one (mouse-ish as well?), a praying mantis, a bird with tufty-wings, and an orange colored dog pokemon.

This stuff is just conjecture, but might as well get some discussion spurred on as long as we're waiting for hard evidence!

Been updating this list a lot tonight, CoroCoro is gonna leak soon. Any new updates will be at:

PJN (http://pokejungle.net)

Mujahid
June 9th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Some things look interesting there like dragon/ice reshiram and female professor...i would like these to be true ....however zeckrom and reshiram change types during battle ??..sounds awkward to me
and also i don't think zorua will be obtainable in the game...I guess we'll have to breed zoroark to get one..it'll be interesting if any of these comes true

Haza
June 10th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Ummm, it all seems weird but we will see soon. Coro coro any day now.

_Prince_
June 10th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Can't wait for these leaks

Guess we'll know soon enough if these are real ;D

shengar
June 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Praying Mantis? you mean a more insectoid like Scyhter?

Rich Boy Rob
June 10th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Well the Dragon/Electric Reshiram rumour is due to something one of the Pokémon Sunday presenters said in a blog, which was removed quickly after.

I like the idea of a female professor but, a Pokémon based on cotton? Wut?
Yes I did indeed turn my laptop upside-down to look at that map...

pikafan3421
June 10th, 2010, 05:39 AM
i can waiiit for this !!!

RYOUKI
June 10th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Lol, 2ch is a funny forum. Araragi, the first thing I thought was thy vampire from a certain anime...

This rumour mostly seems ridiculous especially the chasing in garbage one. This isn't mystery dungeons, you know. But it's quite interesting to see some of the rumours.

pikafan3421
June 10th, 2010, 06:19 AM
reaally?? sad -.- why people why....'______'

Elise
June 10th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Hmm... some of these sounds pretty darn cool, it would be nice to have a father-figure again in the pokie games again, I think.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 10th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I liked the first Mijumaru evo. Not the snowman-looking one.

I was hoping for a female professor to finally break the mold.

Reshiram as an Ice? He looks more like a Flying/Dragon to me...

I've heard rumors of it as an Electric/Dragon, but he doesn't look the part. I believe this rumor, but if it isn;t true it looks to be a Rock/Dragon or Dark/Dragon to me...

But the two changing types? You mean like Keckleon? I don't think I like that...

Legendary Cotton? Sounds dumb, let's continue...

The Shape of the new region, if that's really what it's going to be like, is strange. All the other ones are straight forward.City, Route, City, Route, etc. But maybe now you can go into fields and stuff?

Archaeologist dad...Doesn't give much for me. So what? Will he give you a fossil Pokemon or something?

No 8 badges? NOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh well if it's good and evil that might be pretty cool.

Zorua in garbage? I don't think that one would be true, way too early to get such a popular pokemon. In Diamond and Pearl, you had to wait until your 7th Badge to get Lucario!

Well the kappa could be cool but an orange dog? Like Growlithe? Oh and the mouse sounds cute.

Digital Wings
June 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM
I like the idea of having to root around in trash for Zorua! I'm really looking forward to new environments in the Pokemon world.

dithyrambos
June 10th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Pokémon based on cotton: Swablu, Altaria...
I'm also excited about the characters father being an archaeologist.... or rather, I'm happy that the kid's father will be in the game at all.

Timbjerr
June 10th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Wow Paul...you sure did a lot of research. XD

I like the idea of a female professor, catching Zorua from a trash can, and the more epic-sounding storyline, but Isshu being another Japanese region? Oh well, I guess it was wishful thinking on my part for it to be based on an American region. XD

Jerme
June 10th, 2010, 10:05 AM
that snowman thing evo is so horrible. but i was going with the lizard anyways

Jerme
June 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM
i predict professor redwood, evergreen, cedar, willow

Masterge77
June 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
http://pokejungle.net/images/bw/fanfakes.png

^ The above are FAKE :3 ^

Since we're waiting for CoroCoro to leak, why not look at the current rumors?! Below are 100% unconfirmed and possibly baseless rumors:

Professor
* Several posts on 2ch have said that Araragi ( アララギ ) is the new professors name. In Japanese that is a type of Lily... female professor!?

Legendaries

* The three legendary silhouettes will be revealed... One looks like "cotton" (lol wtf?), one looks like a dog, and one is standing on two legs.

Map
* Looks like an upside-down version of Honshu (the main area of Japan, map here (http://www.mykp.co.uk/assets/japan/pics/honshu.gif) if you don't know what I'm talking about)

Characters

Story/Plot/Adventure

* Might expand upon some good/evil either with Pokemon or for storyline

Pokemon
* Zoroa can be obtained in Hiun City by looking through garbage cans and you must chase after it to start a battle. It will be male, lv15

* Some new pokemon are going to be revealed... A kappa-like one (mouse-ish as well?), a praying mantis, a bird with tufty-wings, and an orange colored dog pokemon.

This stuff is just conjecture, but might as well get some discussion spurred on as long as we're waiting for hard evidence!

Been updating this list a lot tonight, CoroCoro is gonna leak soon. Any new updates will be at:

PJN (http://pokejungle.net)

I cold tell they were fake, they are WAY too ugly to be starter evolutions, besides, they usually do not reveal the evolutions until the game is out

Professor- It does not matter what the gender, we just always need a professor

Legendaries- Like the starter evolutions, the trio is also not revealed until the game is out

Map- If you look closely at that honshu map, you can see Kanto and Johto, it has to be England instead.....

Characters- I sense the father being the champion, but what about the rival or the villian team.....

Story/Plot/Adventure- YOU CANT HAVE POKEMON WITHOUT THE BADGES, else there would be no league, or rather... NO GAME, though the good and evil part sounds intresting for a Pokemon game, sounds like Life of Guardians to me.....

Pokemon- SERIOUSLY, A GARBAGE CAN, I was hoping Zorua to come in an egg as either gender, this garbage can thing sounds like the Skitty scenario in the first Ranger game, and we already have Pokemon like that:

Praying Mantis- Scyther, it's probably the regions bug
Kappa- Lombre
Bird with tufty wings- Pidgey, Starly, it's probably the regions annoying bird that you see in the start of the game
Orange Dog- Growlithe, could be the regions annoying rodent like Bidoof was......

dithyrambos
June 10th, 2010, 10:51 AM

I've never voiced this opinion before, but... yeah. Reshiram does look the part for an Ice-type. I would'nt be surprised if this rumor turned out to be true.

Guys, guys, guys... reread what is written there. It doesn't say anything about not being able to collect badges, it says it may stray from the traditional 8. Meaning, there could be 5 badges to collect, or 10. Either way, it's only a rumor.

PiPVoda
June 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Professor

Hmmm, interesting. I can see us getting a female professor, but what would her name translate to in English?

Legendaries

I can see Reshiram being ice/dragon, but for some reason I'd like fire/dragon too. It's tail sort of looks like a torch to me and fire turns white/yellow at its hottest temperature.
Zekrom being electric/dragon, cool combo.

the legendary trio silhouettes? I don't think we'll know who they are till the game comes out.

Map

Makes since. Honshu is Japan's most populated island, and home to most economic activity along with R&D hotspots. Though the downside is I bet we will have mountains again.

Characters
Different from Gym leader/champion but I could see it working out. Wonder if this is true if the dad will play some major part of the story regarding studying Reshiram and Zekrom.

Story/Plot/Adventure
* May stray from the traditional 8 badges....

* Might expand upon some good/evil either with Pokemon or for storyline.
So, straying from 8 badges...I imagine we will have more badges then, or possibly fewer. Hmm, maybe the pokemon league really isn't a major part of the game. What I'm saying may sound ludicrous but there could be new ways to raise your pokemon in black and white. Though gyms will more than likely still be a vital part of the story.

Pokemon

I like that idea. Makes sense actually. Baby pokemon of the master of illusions lives in the city off of trash and transforms so it won't be caught.

The bird w/ tufty-wings, and an orange colored dog pokemon...interesting. I'm guessing the dog will be either fire or water type.

pokejungle
June 10th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Wow Paul...you sure did a lot of research. XD

I like the idea of a female professor, catching Zorua from a trash can, and the more epic-sounding storyline, but Isshu being another Japanese region? Oh well, I guess it was wishful thinking on my part for it to be based on an American region. XD
lol yeah. Most likely these are all just people making stuff up, but I thought it'd be fun to at least give American audiences a view into what was going on in the Japanese fandom xD

And frankly I think it'd be cool to see Zoroa run out of a garbage can >>;

Esmas
June 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Pokemon
* Zoroa can be obtained in Hiun City by looking through garbage cans and you must chase after it to start a battle. It will be male, lv15That probably sounds like the coolest event to me. I'd like to see more of these. They're exciting.

vietazn654
June 10th, 2010, 12:20 PM
The evolutions of Mijumaru look weird. Especially the snowman nose. xD If they're actually gonna look like that I might choose another Pokemon, because uck.

Cyndahog
June 10th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I know they're fake, but imo, the first evo of Mijumaru actually looks quite cool. The second is just lol though.

The zorua event sounds awesome. Really. I hope it turns up..

Masterge77
June 10th, 2010, 12:31 PM
The evolutions of Mijumaru look weird. Especially the snowman nose. xD If they're actually gonna look like that I might choose another Pokemon, because uck.

He clearly stated that they were fake, mainly to grab attention to this thread, they are gonna look a lot better than that anyways (not that I have already seen them, I do not work for Game Freak you know, I'm just another fan)

And I agree with the snowman nose, that's the ugliest fakemon I have ever seen in my life, it is so damn ugly, it makes Baro's fakemon in Quartz look official

Hope a lot of this info is true, cause CoroCoro is gonna leak soon, either tonight or tomorrow morning, cause you know Serebii will post it first, then it will come to here......

Benjamin510
June 10th, 2010, 12:43 PM
He clearly stated that they were fake, mainly to grab attention to this thread, they are gonna look a lot better than that anyways (not that I have already seen them, I do not work for Game Freak you know, I'm just another fan)

And I agree with the snowman nose, that's the ugliest fakemon I have ever seen in my life, it is so damn ugly, it makes Baro's fakemon in Quartz look officialit is so damn ugly, it makes Baro's fakemon in Quartz look official

Hope a lot of this info is true, cause CoroCoro is gonna leak soon, either tonight or tomorrow morning, cause you know Serebii will post it first, then it will come to here......

WHATTTTTT!???????????? Nothing. Is. Uglier. Than. Baro's. FAKEMON!!!!!!! This is fake....

ThePlatinumShadow
June 10th, 2010, 12:48 PM
These are very interested rumors.
I saw some pictures, it looks a bit my HD and 3D than the others.

smithy00
June 10th, 2010, 12:51 PM
guys your missing the obvisous the zorkou or whatever has a movie before game is released before the game was made has to evolutions remember the guy lucario who also had a movie before gen 4 was made has 2 evolutions and both look ftw

Masterge77
June 10th, 2010, 01:09 PM
CroCore *giggles*, er I mean, CoroCoro is gonna leak very soon I can tell you, it's that time of the month when It gets leaked after all, so check Serebii twice an hour, it will have it very soon, as Serebii always gets the news first......

I'm also excited about the characters father being an archaeologist.... or rather, I'm happy that the kid's father will be in the game at all.

As long as he doesn't suffer through "Kelvin Stellar Syndrome", I'm happy about it

WHATTTTTT!???????????? Nothing. Is. Uglier. Than. Baro's. FAKEMON!!!!!!! This is fake....

True, but compared to Baro's fakemon, the snowman is UH-GLEE!!!

Even Jonic admits it......

Timbjerr
June 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
guys your missing the obvisous the zorkou or whatever has a movie before game is released before the game was made has to evolutions remember the guy lucario who also had a movie before gen 4 was made has 2 evolutions and both look ftw

wut? If you're saying that Zoroark being featured in a movie will reveal a lot of GenV pokemon, then that's a big "well, duh" moment, but the movie doesn't come out for a while and the topic is about potential leaks from CoroCoro magazine tonight. XD

Damn work...if I didn;t have a shift tonight I'd be staying up all night to catch the leaks, but at least it'll be there for me when I get home later. XD

PiPVoda
June 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM

And I agree with the snowman nose, that's the ugliest fakemon I have ever seen in my life, it is so damn ugly, it makes Baro's fakemon in Quartz look official

Didn't the info for June issue of CoroCoro already leak? Who leaked Zekrom/Reshiram? Cause I thought they were in the June CoroCoro and that we wouldn't be receiving anymore new news this month.

And yeah that Fakemon w/ the snoman nose...-.- but the overall design really isn't that bad. Still the real designs will look much better.

manomow
June 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Zekrom/Reshiram were revealed on the Jap and Eng sites

Masterge77
June 10th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Zekrom/Reshiram were revealed on the Jap and Eng sites

We all know, don't have to point out the obvious, but they could have also revealed the english names for the other existing 5th gen Pokemon as well as or instead of the most recently revealed (you know Zorua and Zoroark are probably gonna keep their names internationally)

Ravecat
June 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I think the snowman evolution looks great.

I was really, really sad to find out it was not real.

sblunix
June 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM
The idea of being able to change storyline events by choices is always fun, being able to pick a "good" or "evil" side... :P
I always wanted to join team rocket! :D

Zet
June 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I cold tell they were fake, they are WAY too ugly to be starter evolutions, besides, they usually do not reveal the evolutions until the game is out

Professor- It does not matter what the gender, we just always need a professor

Legendaries- Like the starter evolutions, the trio is also not revealed until the game is out

Map- If you look closely at that honshu map, you can see Kanto and Johto, it has to be England instead.....

Characters- I sense the father being the champion, but what about the rival or the villian team.....

Story/Plot/Adventure- YOU CANT HAVE POKEMON WITHOUT THE BADGES, else there would be no league, or rather... NO GAME, though the good and evil part sounds intresting for a Pokemon game, sounds like Life of Guardians to me.....

Pokemon- SERIOUSLY, A GARBAGE CAN, I was hoping Zorua to come in an egg as either gender, this garbage can thing sounds like the Skitty scenario in the first Ranger game, and we already have Pokemon like that:

Praying Mantis- Scyther, it's probably the regions bug
Kappa- Lombre
Bird with tufty wings- Pidgey, Starly, it's probably the regions annoying bird that you see in the start of the game
Orange Dog- Growlithe, could be the regions annoying rodent like Bidoof was......
...England? England!?!! Do you even know how big England is and where it is located?

And the starter itself is pretty ugly but the evolution without the carrot looks pretty damn badass if you ask me.

manomow
June 10th, 2010, 06:52 PM
We all know, don't have to point out the obvious, but they could have also revealed the english names for the other existing 5th gen Pokemon as well as or instead of the most recently revealed (you know Zorua and Zoroark are probably gonna keep their names internationally)

I was talking to Pipvoda, not in general

Sora's Nobody
June 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Zorua in garbage? I don't think that one would be true, way too early to get such a popular pokemon. In Diamond and Pearl, you had to wait until your 7th Badge to get Lucario!

You might be forgetting that we dont know how early or late in-game this town is.

ChrisTom
June 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I think Reshiram will be my guessed "Light Type" and Dragon. IDK, if these are real (I don't even know what "2ch" is. Some sort of version of 4chan?) but like everybody is saying, Coro Coro will reveal in good time...

Haza
June 10th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't mind if all of the rumors were false. I would rather Reshiram be Fire/Dragon if not Light.

pokejungle
June 10th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I know I'm really hoping for a light type <3

But since it's been all but confirmed Zekrom is electric/dragon... doesn't leave much hope. I would think it'd be light/dragon dark/dragon for the legendaries if they were introducing new types...

Haza
June 10th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah, if Zekrom is indeed Electric, then Reshiram should get Fire, Ice is cute but it just does not suit Reshiram very well IMO.

dithyrambos
June 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
I think Reshiram will be my guessed "Light Type" and Dragon. IDK, if these are real (I don't even know what "2ch" is. Some sort of version of 4chan?) but like everybody is saying, Coro Coro will reveal in good time...

You could say 2ch is like a Japanese 4chan, but IIRC, 2ch came first. Going off on a bit of a tangent here: 4chan is a wonderful site. Just stay away from /b/ if you ever decide to visit. /b/ is not only the cancer of 4chan (and regular visitors of 4chan will even tell you as much), it is quite possibly the cancer of the entire internet.

On-topic: Reshiram looks more like an Ice-type to me. I really can't wait until CoroCoro to leaks! Also, I've seen someone on Bulbapedia post a link leading to TVTropes "Fire Ice Lightning" page (sorry, I cannot link to it myself because my post count is insufficient). They then suggested that the third game's mascot will be a Fire/Dragon type, Reshiram will be an Ice/Dragon type, and Zekrom will be an Electric/Dragon type.

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 01:55 AM
The leaks have begun...

http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon.jpg

enderalex
June 11th, 2010, 02:38 AM
all i want is a better story line, i mean im okay w/ the traditional one but ive played it a million times, just w/ cosmetic differences. I want something that rocks the foundation of pokemon gaming and seriously makes it even more badass then before

Sparker
June 11th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I want a kick ass dragon, Dragonite is round and cute, Salamance is ugly, Flygon is to soft, Garchomp looks like a Power Ranger robot and the others are legendaries, I WANT A RAYQUAZA FOR THE POOR!!!

Mujahid
June 11th, 2010, 03:25 AM
the professor is indeed araragi....so 1 is true,,,,wonder if others are also

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 03:33 AM
The leaks have begun...

*Goes crazy with joy* Waahahaha. The leaks have beguuun!! 8D
Chiramii is so cute! KAWAII DESU BEAM!!!!

*ahem*

Yeah, I'm back to normal, for now. I'm happy that the professor is female! Girl power. :)

Sparker
June 11th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Can it be that the new map is based on Okinawa?

Cherrim
June 11th, 2010, 05:12 AM
oops, let this get to 2 pages.

No speculation threads, okay? We have enough discussion threads for what we WANT to see and when information is actually released, we'll have threads for that too. Even if most of this turned out to be true, apparently.