PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Who Actually Isn't That Excited?

Aggressor
June 10th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I'll be honest. I don't feel excited at all about this game. The new Pokemon look last minute and mixed up from previous creations. I seriously think this will be a dissapointment, I apologize to anyone who thinks it is promising. I mean, the graphics have improved. It's just that, I don't think making another region/game is even nessecery.

Feel free to flame or agree. I don't really mind.

MrsNorrington
June 10th, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm excited, but nervous also. But I'm not going to prejudge it and feel that it'll be a disappointment. I worried the same thing for every new generation that came out. I've never been disappointed before.

If you don't think it's necessary, then what do you want? Do you want Pokemon to die out? I don't.

Myles
June 10th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Most of the fans want to play another Pokemon game. So wouldn't that mean another region and game are needed? Just because some fans stop liking Pokemon, doesn't mean everyone does.

Eurydice
June 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
im really excited for the new games. i am going to go to gamestop tomorrow to preorder them. im sure the games will be awesome because they always are.
^_^

Kirbychu
June 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
It's okay not to be excited, at least you'll have less disappointment if these games don't meet expectations.

It's sad when games get so much hype and can't completely meet expectations. Look at DPPt and even Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Both are good games, but they suffered from their unimaginable hype. It's amazing how excited people were during the end of the third generation until they actually got to play through the games. This is just a thing that happens with many video game titles.

As for me "excited" doesn't feel like the right word. Pokemon is Pokemon. I'm actually just really curious about the changes and updates this generation will bring.

shookie
June 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I'm not on the edge of my seat, impatiently waiting for gen 5 to come out RITE NAO, but I'm also not just sitting around like "meh" or dreading the release of B/W. It'll be fun to play a different game, since it's been years since I've really picked up a new generation at its release, but I'll still feel a little nostalgic for the old days. I'll always have my old games though...the ones I haven't lost, that is.

shuppet88
June 10th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I agree with MrsNorrington...I am not someone who hates change. I will take any and every generation the people at Game Freak throw at me. If change were unnecessary, then nothing good that we enjoy today would exist. I understand if you enjoy the Pokemon games you have now, but I accept and welcome change (that's kind of a hard lesson to learn in life, but as they say, the only thing that is constant is change).

I don't think this will be a disappointment, but I will definitely be saddened if they don't bring back the pokemon following you; that was so cute. :)

Aggressor
June 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Well, that's fine. I always do feel that feeling. Like when Diamond and Pearl did, I wasn't that greatful, but when it did come out. It was better than I thought. So fair enough

enderalex
June 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
im excited but i hope they make it different than all the others, im tired of the same storyline or lack there of. even if it is the same ill still get it but i really hope its a different type of pokemon game, a revamp. I want them to take chances and tweak the system because itll make a great series even better.

HannahMontana
June 10th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I don't really understand why you made this.

Your interest in Pokemon is waning. Are we supposed to...care or something? You're not excited...okay then.

I mean honestly, you've seen 7 Pokemon, stop making assumptions. We hear the SAME complains about Pokemon EVERY generation.

MistahDude
June 10th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I'll be honest. I don't feel excited at all about this game. The new Pokemon look last minute and mixed up from previous creations. I seriously think this will be a dissapointment, I apologize to anyone who thinks it is promising. I mean, the graphics have improved. It's just that, I don't think making another region/game is even nessecery.

Feel free to flame or agree. I don't really mind.

If Nintendo makes more games they get more money. More money = neccessary.

Droidz
June 10th, 2010, 08:03 PM
As for me "excited" doesn't feel like the right word. Pokemon is Pokemon. I'm actually just really curious about the changes and updates this generation will bring.

Yeah i feel the same way. I'm curious as to how much the game has changed and what kind of updates they've put in.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 10th, 2010, 08:15 PM
im really excited for the new games. i am going to go to gamestop tomorrow to preorder them. im sure the games will be awesome because they always are.
^_^

You can already pre-order these? *****IN'! I'm gonna do it!

Oh right, my two cents.

I'm one of those guys who gets exited over video games. Pokemon is the opposite of an exception. I squealed when I heard about it. I can't wait. Sorry, but I'm one of those guys.

Horizon
June 10th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Whether it's necessary or not is irrelevant; they are always going to make a new generation while there is still an audience for the game and a potential for moneymaking.

I say you should reserve judgment until more informtation is revealed about the new games. Sure, I'm nowhere near as excited for these as I was for HG/SS, but I knew what to expect from those games.

reyzn
June 10th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't say I'm excited about the new gen. but I am curious to see how Black and White compare to the previous games. I will be playing for sure.

shengar
June 11th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I'm excited but not hyped like any other people. I'm hoping for the best and prepare for the worst

mustafa505
June 11th, 2010, 12:50 AM
i am excited XD it looks cool but graphics needs work

Aggressor
June 11th, 2010, 01:19 AM

Your interest in Pokemon is waning. Are we supposed to...care or something? You're not excited...okay then.

I mean honestly, you've seen 7 Pokemon, stop making assumptions. We hear the SAME complains about Pokemon EVERY generation.

I just wanted to know if people felt the same way? Jeez...

shengar
June 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM

Don't worry, i'm just like you although i just don't get too hyped.

>Feelings<
June 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Don't worry. Some people are always like that. They'll make a great deal out of a simple situation without even being logical.

Anyways, as for this thread...
Yeah, I'm not excited much at the thought of these new games and generation.
But for some reason, when it comes to being disappointed, it's not reducing.
The sight of that flying pig thingy stabbed me in my heart, and the only thing that got me excited is Reshiram.

I was also excited at the possibility of a light type, but I think I'll be badly disappointed at this too, and Reshiram and Zekrom will turn out to be Ice/Dragon and Electric/Dragon like the rumors...
Anything but that type combo... I don't see what's so icy of electrifying about their looks...
Even Steel/Dragon would have suited Zekrom just fine... But no.

Dylan1
June 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
no one should worry cuz nintendo has an amazing track record for main games in their franchises. but personally i'm more excited for metroid other m :P

Mac@ACK!
June 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Lets look at other games that have had sequels, not related to the original game... Red Dead Revolver -> Red Dead Redemption. Thats an example of a great game that got MORE AMAZING. But, then you have to look at the other sequel games... L4D->L4D2. ouch... Or even, I'll go so low as to say, Halo-> Halo2, heck yes! But, Halo2->Halo3, ugh, why Bungie!?

Whether it's necessary or not is irrelevant; they are always going to make a new generation while there is still an audience for the game and a potential for moneymaking.

Nintendo isn't as bad, but when you go from a pretty good thing, having to make a sequel out of it, just because they need to make money, the game will tend to suffer from it. Look at Metroid! Great game series, simple, fun, engaging. Prime came out, and it was a TOTALLY different spin on the series mechanics. Lots of fans backed out. With Pokemon, I fear the same, not with the massive amounts of newcomers, but with the Graphics. You put 3D in Pokemon, and peoples heads are going to be spinning. Thats not the only thing, aside from connectivity with DPPtHGSS, and the sudden superfluity of the Pokewalker, the "Crossing Bridges that are Diagonal" are some of the things that worry me about this series.

Honestly, people, all we can do is hope that GF will surprise us. When a game has this much hype, and this huge of a fan base, we can either conclude that, "This game is gonna suck," or, "Wow, they really know what they're doing up there at Nintendo, we should just give them a chance."

If you're tired of Pokemon, thats understandable. 15 years of changing and evolving (no pun intended) can wear a person down. I've gone through my Pokemon hating phases myself. But, when you're in the store, and you see Pokemon characters that you've never seen before on a big poster, and the game sitting there in the case, for a low price of 34.99, you'll think... "Ah, why not. Lets give those guys up there at Nintendo a chance."

:)

I was also excited at the possibility of a light type, but I think I'll be badly disappointed at this too, and Reshiram and Zekrom will turn out to be Ice/Dragon and Electric/Dragon like the rumors...
Anything but that type combo... I don't see what's so icy of electrifying about their looks...
Even Steel/Dragon would have suited Zekrom just fine... But no.

btw, I don't know if you've seen the new CoroCoro scans, but Reshiram and Zekrom's types ARE confirmed.
Zekrom-Dragon/Electric
Reshiram-Dragon/Fire

Patchisou Yutohru
June 11th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I wasn't excited until I saw that there were new scans. Chiramii single-handedly restored my excitement that I had a few weeks ago, before seeing the legendaries released. It is now my favorite Pokémon!

Zoroark-Nightmare
June 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I wasn't excited.

UNTIL I saw Zoroark!
I got super excited... I know i'll love it!
And they've got super graphics, and awesome battle-scenes. :D

Chaos Rush
June 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
When the games were announced, I was afraid that I was going to be excited, since I'm planning on waiting for the 3rd version so I don't waste my money (I NEVER play my Diamond version anymore, it was a complete waste of money).

I'm glad the recent scans have really fugly Pokemon. Hopefully they'll grow on me by the time the 3rd version comes out. I'm loving how the environment looks.

Yoshimi
June 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM

Because God forbid a person actually expresses their opinion.

I was excited about this game until I saw most of the new pokemon, so I'm in the same boat as you sadly ):
Not to say I'm not going to buy it though. I'll probably pre-order it as soon as I can.

Aggron1991
June 11th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I learned my lesson from Ruby/Sapphire: DON'T get your hopes up about upcoming Pokemon games. There were so many disappointing things about those games it's not even funny; No day/night, too many legendaries, lame enemy teams, weak rival, harder fishing system, couldn't obtain Pokemon at game corner, exclusion of most Kanto/Johto Pokemon, just to name a few of the things that bugged me.

So I get the feeling that Black/White is going to be much the same.

Not to mention the legendaries & starters, esp. Reshiram and the water starter, are complete fail.

I'm guessing that Game Freak is running out of ideas for new Pokemon.

I know it's sad, but my guess is that the Pokemon franchise is on its last legs, and will probably fold after the Black/White generation. I mean, let's be real: It's hard to imagine Game Freak being able to come up with more innovative, exciting Pokemon after the 600+ that will probably be in these games, including prev. generations.

Or maybe I'm wrong and Black/White will breathe new life into Pokemon, and they'll end up being the best games since Gold/Silver.

But again, not getting my hopes up.

Kirbychu
June 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Am I the only person who hates the Pokemon revealed today? The crocodile and bird are tolerable, but those others are disgusting.

Excitement has dropped by 60%

Amaruuk
June 11th, 2010, 03:26 PM

This is how I feel. Sure a lot of the designs have me skeptical, but as with any game, I'm not on the edge of my seat and I don't care about hype and speculation. You don't know what a game's like till you play it, anyway.

For me a new game is mostly 'Hey cool, fresh stuff to play till I feel like replaying something!' not 'ZOMG THIS IS SO COOOOL I CANT WAIT SO I CAN IMPORT BOTH CAUSE I CANT WAIT 6 MONTHS AND SOMEHOW HAVE MONEY OUT THE WAZOO' or 'OH NOES THEY HAS RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVARRR HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO D:<'

>Feelings<
June 11th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Am I the only person who hates the Pokemon revealed today? The crocodile and bird are tolerable, but those others are disgusting.

Excitement has dropped by 60%

Count me in.
Like I said before, I felt stabbed when I saw Munna. My little bro said that they've obviously run out of good designs, and is now resorting to this.
The only decent looking Pokemon among the new ones released last day is the bird and the mouse to me.

And I got to know the news of Reshiram and Zekrom's typing just after I posted here last time.
That was also like a bad stab, as that cuts down the possibility of a light type from 25% to 0.1% according to my speculation.
At least Steel/Dragon suited Zekrom more, even though we already have one.

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Not too much excited. When DP came out I was overly excited and thought that it was going to redefine pokemon..and to an extent it did but the hype was definitely too much. Now I'm just taking things one step at a time as we learn more about the games.

Tanaki
June 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM
From what I've seen, I feel I'll be at most moderately satisfied with the game. I'm probably only gonna get one and just have someone help me fill in my pokedex. I got way too hyped about hg/ss and honestly looking back I like Platinum a lot better. All the events in hg/ss are centered around the pokewalker and I despise that little piece of crap with a burning passion.

███
June 12th, 2010, 10:20 AM
the one thing im glad about is that you get to do random wifi battle now :D

falconpunch94
June 12th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not really to exited for a new game, I still have tons too do in Soul Silver and I'm not to keen on what we've seen so far, but I can guarantee even if I'm not running out on release to get it I'll end up buying it, not going to judge it before its out and I've played it.

Falconpunch94

Sakiko123
June 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure what to think or make of it... I guess I'm a bit excited for it, but also... Maybe a bit bored with the idea... I don't know... It just looks a bit odd. Graphics have improved since day one/year one, but... The main characters look a lot different than they usually do and slightly older... And all those Pokemon in the game... Just seems like more to memorize.
They may have been the first or old concepts that didn't make it into the first games like people have been saying... But why bring them out now if they were? If they were good back then, wouldn't they have added them in the earlier games instead? Like G/S/C? Just seems silly to do that now. Especially since one of them was already so-called referenced in the first generation game series...

Kiryu
June 12th, 2010, 04:36 PM
'been trying not to be exicted, but then i saw Shimama (Zebra)

on top of that, its electric! my fav type! =D

Thunderwolf1989
June 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Yes and no..

Excited about the 3d stuff and everything. I'll want to see how that plays out. New battle stuff looks cool as well.

But the pokémon are just going downhill even more for me. To me, the first and second gen had normal pokémon, the third had some weird ones in it, but was still acceptable with hoenn being a tropical region far away from the rest.. The fourth gen largely disappointed me in it's design, going as far as having me dump the starter and not catch that many 4th gen's. There were a few ones I liked, like Shinx evo's and so, but they're only a fraction of the complete generation. Also, I think Dialga/Palkia look to mecha to me and the rest are too contest like.. Gen 5 so far has only Zoroa/Zoroark that look a bit decent. Don't like the starters, legendaries or others shown so far..

Amore
June 13th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I like the pokemon...

....but I'm not sure. I hope they don't apply the new fanciness to the R/S remakes....

...I'm worried it'll be on a new console, I'd rather it were like RBY-GSC, coz you could play them on the same system......

Ravecat
June 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
If this were on a new console it would look much, much better.

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 02:19 AM
With the new Pokemon that have been introuced - I'm highly disappointed. I'm not going to say that I'm not looking forward to the games yet since we still don't know that much about them. Judging from first impressions, however, the new Pokemon aren't really that stunning.

Lil MuDkiP849
June 13th, 2010, 02:26 AM
honestly...i was a little excited till i also saw the new starters(ESPECIALLY the water and grass ones, the water ones like a tiny snowman and the grass one looks like a rehashed treecko, you just cant deny it), and the only thing i can really think of whenever i see one of them is jus *man...they are REALLY running out of ideas*

I mean...Even those new legendaries for each game kind of look like a modified palkia/dialga kind of thing. How many gyms/badges/legendaries/pokemon/regions can the series go until this kind of stuff gets boring for the majority out there?? Especially the legends, we have legends for earth, water, the sky, space, time itself, the distortion world, what could possibly be next?? The god of CocaCola and Pepsi???

Im just thinking out loud, but in my own feelings its just that with the 5th gen i probably wont be able to go through an entirely new region and do the EXACT same stuff i did like 30+ times before with gen 1-gen 4 (choose starter, raise party, beat gyms, catch legends, win the game) and pretty graphics won't sell me on what really matters in a game, so doesnt anyone else here feel pokemon has reached the point where it's...getting a little 'old'???

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I can't say I'm not excited when the amount of details that have been leaked so far are such little amounts. So yes, I still am excited, and I'm not worried, it's a game, if it's not good, it's not the end of the world, just play something else. :)

Pokemafia
June 13th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm really not excited, I think the new Pokemon were just made by throwing random things together, I'm sticking with good old generations 2 and 3;)

Eeohnex
June 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
With the Pokémon that have been reveal so far, I'm not really stoked about it to be honest. This doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just not having high hopes for it.

beca
June 22nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
I think they'll be fun, but I'm not like "omg neeeeeed it now :t295:" like I used to be xD

Steve Moore
June 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm not reeeeeeeeeeeeeally syked out of my mind for it like I was for HG/SS. But I'm going to get it. I'm just glad that they're even making a new Pokemon game.

HugSomebody
June 22nd, 2010, 04:36 PM
I agree with shookie and Kirbychu, as with others. I'm not overly excited about B/W like I was for D/P, because I realized that too much hype can really bring the game down. I'm neutral right now, surprised at every secret being released but not over thinking it.

MistahDude
June 22nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
I wasnt excited until I saw the new battle scenes and Hihidaruma.

Diablo361
June 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Alright, there is WAY too much Hateorade of the new Pokemon. "They're ugly, they've run out of ideas, DERP DERP DERP"

People, Pokemon are Pokemon. As a fan for years, (14 and counting), let me tell you something.

Gen 1 Pokemon were uninspired. (Grimer and Voltorb are not great designs. AT ALL.)

Gen 2 Pokemon got a bit better, but a good amount are still pretty bland (And please WTF is Sunflora?)

Gen 3 added more designs, but have a lot of expys to former Pokemon (Slaking=Snorlax, Minun & Plusle=Pikachu)

Gen 4 Pokemon were overdesigned.

Gen 5 looks like Gen 4.

Get over yourselves. You won't like some Pokemon. You'll like others. But saying the uninspired crap line gets really old. Adding new Pokemon adds diversity in game that REALLY needs it.

And to those who want a drastic story change, remember what happens when developers change the formula. Sonic, Zelda, Metroid, etc. have all displaced fans because they changed something in the game. Change isn't always good.

Reshiram Man
June 22nd, 2010, 05:16 PM
i am kinda excited, but really mad so far

I Tried Voodoo Once
June 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM
I actually wish they wouldnt get so literal with the games, i mean cmon, hiun city looks like fricken new york! the pokemon do look last minut. and frankly, i miss the 8-bit music.... I found my old crystal and started a new game and compared it to heart gold.... it was so much better, and i didnt even think once about the nostalgia.

GrifSpark
June 23rd, 2010, 09:39 AM
I feel that Pokemon Black and White will be a great game. I do feel that some of the Pokemon (Gear) are rushed. But there are gems amongst the group like Shimama and Tsutaja. But I am worried about some factors about Black/White which I wont bother you guys with.

Diablo361
June 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
I actually wish they wouldnt get so literal with the games, i mean cmon, hiun city looks like fricken new york! the pokemon do look last minut. and frankly, i miss the 8-bit music.... I found my old crystal and started a new game and compared it to heart gold.... it was so much better, and i didnt even think once about the nostalgia.

Nostalgia is influencing your judgement, because in all technicality, HG is a better game, opinions aside.

Aether
June 23rd, 2010, 02:45 PM
To be honest, now that they've revealed the 3DS, I kind of wish they had waited a bit and released Black&White for it instead of the regular DS. I'm still pretty psyched though.

General K
June 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
I am really excited! The pokemon look SO cool and the 3d stuff is amazzing!!

Kardashian
June 23rd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Well, I'm not SO excited, but I never have been. I think this regionwill be amaazing for some reason.

To the OP, you shouldnt judge this game yet. Only 11 poke's have leaked.

UltimaSilva
June 23rd, 2010, 08:37 PM
I'm not that excited, most of the pokemon look kinda....odder than usual. The pokemon black legendary looks pretty awesome, so I'll probably get that version.

Spaddel2212
June 25th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I find it kinda rediculous how people say "They run out of inspiration!111oneelvel!lol!" ... because people do always say that on every new generation... thats what getting old. Btw. you guys will end up buying the games anyway, you cant deny it. What matters is the gameplay and its the old-fashioned one, we all like or we wouldnt be here. And if there are pokemon you dislike its okay, that doesnt mean that they ran out of inspiration and there will always be people who like them. Like someone said before: older generations had pokemon aswell which's design sucked badly... Face it. And i think it is good that they add new pokemon for more diversity and to match other people likings.
Btw. some guys should finally start taking of their nostalgia glasses... Furthermore wheres the problem you dont have to use the new pokemon or buy the new versions (but dont complain you cant have as much fun as others who bought the new versions and use the awesome new features... which's the only thing that matters imo)...

That was my opinion on that... and BTT:
I'm not that much excited. There is some stuff which looks promising but i can't judge how that will turn out.

Calder
June 25th, 2010, 03:48 AM
I can wait to play them as I'm looking forward to other stuff in my life but I would still prefer you not talk about Chiramii in that tone of voice :) (Saying they looked last minute, which they did all except Chiramii) They look fun and all, but I'm not on the edge of my seat... I'm nicely in the middle of "Who Cares?" and "I want it!" so yeah I don't see how Isshu is physically possible either as its NYC next to a desert next to a lighthouse near a icy mountain near a bee hive/forgery thing... (though I do see it as a way to made alot of Non-Water type Pokemon) I just hope some of the problems we have with the games are solved so they don't have most Pokemon in the UU and NU area and more OUs together and only Ubers being Legends. xD Evolve some of the oldies they never got far like Dunsparce and Qwilfish and we are good to go...

Azure-Supernova
June 25th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I'm still thrashing the hell out of HeartGold... so not too fussed :3 I'll get it second hand at some point.

Le Creep!
June 25th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Knowing that I probably won't get one of the games until it's pimped out third version comes out (when I regret getting Black/White) I'm not that excited.

But, I may get their feature-filled counterpart, or I can just wait to sixth Gen :D

RTHookers
June 25th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Me. HG/SS was disappointing in some way. (AND YES I DID OVERPLAY THE SECOND GEN LIKE ANY OTHER OF YOU)

Cameo
June 25th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Personally I don't feel as attached to these two new games as I did to D/P/Pl earlier when they were introduced. It's just that occasionally it feels like the feeling and the passion of making new pokémons and games are gone and these are made just because some fans want so desperately something new to play with. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want a new area and a whole new bunch of pokémons to train with but there shouldn't be any rush. It's delicant art when creating a new region with new characters and over 100 new pokémons so why not take some more time and finish it well then? If we check other pokémon games placed in Johto or Kanto we can see that they've really poured their souls out into those pokémons and made it work but ever since Hoenn was introduced they have just started to rush too much with these things. It may be that I just haven't grown into these new games yet but at the moment I'm not even sure do I want to see what kind of creatures they've come up with. :P

blaze up
August 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
New pokemon look disgusting.I'm only want to see some new moves.

Pochama95
August 3rd, 2010, 02:15 PM
I was really hoping to hate it and the starters helped my animosity but then http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100715054460/pokemon/images/thumb/5/5a/Rankurusu.png/220px-Rankurusu.png (http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/File:Rankurusu.png) came out and Im having a hard time ignoring it.

But people tell the truth, dont the main legends look like greek gods the legendaries are getting out of control.

dieter57
August 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
i am overly excited!
new challenges, new pokemon to make new teams with, new strategy is needed, and more chances to kick some noob but on wi-fi with my Lv. 100 charizard.

Recluse
August 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Actually, I'm not excited about this game for some reasons:
1. I don't own a DS. Lack of money. Must get a real job lol.
2. Playing it on emulator... It would be hard and monotonous and maybe there would be a game crashes like I had in HG/SS
3. I even haven't played HG/SS properly, because of game crashes.
4. The new generation again...? These new Pokemon look so much weirder for me now.

Also that's why I'm avoiding threads about Black & White. Not interested. Just waiting for it to test it, that's all.

GFA
August 3rd, 2010, 02:41 PM
But people tell the truth, dont the main legends look like greek gods the legendaries are getting out of control.

No, because the Greek Gods are humanoid in appearance, not draconic

Scorpio219
August 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
when the first released the starters i was disgusted, i finally started to get used to them and then they released the next wave and i felt except for the aligator they all look like a bowl of fail, espically gear and that gay pink floral patterened thing (PS i thought drowzee was the dream eater) every time i start to get used to the creatures they release more that look terrible, (luvdisc evo and that scouting gopher, fail) team plasma look like crap as well, we have yet to see a third of the pokes and except for wargle and the aligator the game looks terrible. i keep trying to look for a bright side like mabey they are showing the crappy pokes first but if u look at some of the fake pokes that artists made u see how much better a job that random people could do.
i feel that a great soulution would be if gamefreaks accept creations from the internet in a post ur own pokemon tournament and let pokemon players create the pokes they would want in the game. then gamefreaks should choose 150 and use them. sorry to troll so hard but this is how i truely feel

dieter57
August 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
No, because the Greek Gods are humanoid in appearance, not draconic

but they do have a greek monster image in a way.

Gardenia101
August 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Truthfully, I'm kinda annoyed that the battle scenes move so much. I play late at night, and since I'm really tired then I don't want to get dizzy

Sammuthegreat
August 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Reasons I'm excited:

Pokabu
Mijumaru
Hihidaruma
Reshiram
Zekrom
Shimama
Meguroko
Koromori
Kibago
Minezumi
Wooguru
Ononokusu
Mijumaru's evolution sketch
Zoroark
Victini's typing
The chance that the other 100+ new Pokemon will be awesome

Reasons I'm not excited:

No more Pokeathlon
No more lead Pokemon walking with us
The other Pokemon other than those I've listed above (although there's always some I don't like, every Generation)
Not particularly liking the 3D graphics
Not particularly liking the setting (too grey)
Not particularly liking the cut scenes (too cliché)

Gardenia101
August 3rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
I wish they would stop upgrading and just get on with an epic plot- although they seem to have that already

Neolink
August 3rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
I've got mixed feelings.. Like i'm not sure if this will work out. Some things seem promising, and i thought the D/P pokemon looked odd when i first saw them. SO :/ i'm just not sure.

The starters are growing on me, I don't really like the water one. The grass one is okay. I think the fire pig fits though. Some of the other pokemon, though... I don't know.

Well regardless i'm sure i will get it.

ShinyFufu
August 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Nah, I'm not exited at all.

Professor W.
August 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM
I know that a bunch of people are going to quote me and say "no its difrent did tiem!111!!111" but you guys say this every generation. I love the new Pokemon and features, except for Gochiruzeru ad Miruhoguu ( I mean COME on!). I'm excited, but I'm one of those people who gets very very excited over video games (should have seen seen the wait for SMG2 0_0).

~Prof. W.

Izanagi
August 3rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
I was really excited for 4th gen, but right now it's at the point where it 5th gen was canceled, I'd be like, "Oh, dang, that's a shame. Sucks, man." But I wouldn't really be affected either way. The biggest problem I guess is that the Pokemon games never keep my interest, because for me, the replay value is so low. Beat the E4, and I might as well turn it into Gamestop right there.

Charizardomination
August 3rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
I am hating this crappy generation so far. Stupid pokemon, stupid characters, stupid features, stupid attacks, stupid everything. Adding an extra pokemon to battles, that's the best they could do?

Sora's Nobody
August 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
@Charizarddomination. you are really really a pessimst. I mean stop calling them stupid just because you dont like anything. maybe say something like that you dislike them because "insert reason".

Charizardomination
August 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
@Charizarddomination. you are really really a pessimst. I mean stop calling them stupid just because you dont like anything. maybe say something like that you dislike them because "insert reason".
Im no pessimist I just want them to make kickass games like Blue again.

Sora's Nobody
August 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Im no pessimist I just want them to make kickass games like Blue again.We'll guess what theyve evolved. I mean its kinda sad that the only reason you're on the BW board is becuase you want to complain about a game that you have no influence on arriving or not.

Arcanine
August 3rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
As much as I'd love to see this fight go on... this thread passed it's 30 day mark and was revived... so thus...

*Closed*