PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jerme
June 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I was also kinda reminded of
http://saetta.free.fr/DigimonWorld/id2/Etemon.gif
when I saw that ape, but not nearly as much.

Most trios are ice/fire/lightning, so don't be surprised if the third pokemon is fire.

hahaha looking at that thing made me LOL.

Sakura Rain
Shimama = LOVE. I <3 zebras.

I'm loving the layout of Isshu. Especially the big desert, reminds me of Colosseum and XD. I also like the pokeball-shaped lake. :D

juanhbk1
Everyone notices the Celebi with you but who noticed the Zorua following the girl?

Eurydice
June 11th, 2010, 11:58 AM
so from one of the screenshots it looks like pokemon follow you again YAY!
http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon-5.jpg

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Well who knows if they do or not? Hopefully it isn't just for that event scene...

Alberio
June 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Information overload... brain melting...

Fire and electric and dragon? Awesome. Fortunately, I won't have to choose which one to get, because I'm waiting for the third game, which will have both! ~<3~

Bah, who am I kidding? I'll never be able to wait for the third game... XD

myrrh25
June 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Yay for my Jirachi following me around again! :D

Trap-Eds
June 11th, 2010, 12:34 PM
That Pokemon and Digimon similarity thing is kinda odd...ehh, does Digimon have its own game? :o

But anyway, Isshu region scan: (I can't find it on page 9, and that thread about it got locked,)

http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon-4.jpg

Sweet! I find that desert to be oddly placed, but otherwise it does look based off New York.

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I LOVE the new Chinchilla Pokemon Chirimii!!!!!! It's SO cute!!!

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
We got a massive amount of info today... I don;t expect much but the crime syndicate and the rival info, along with maybe a couple more Pokemon in the next two months.

Natester
June 11th, 2010, 12:42 PM
The gear pokemon looks meh to me. But I have to say this, Hihidaruma's face looks like Wario.

Looking forward to some gamplay footage in the coming months when the game comes out in Japan.

Thunderhead
June 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Well, looking at that screen.

I wonder if any other Pokemon will be revealed from this region in the movie. I remember the manaphy movie how it introudeced buizel, so I wonder how it would play out here.

Also SHINY LEGENDARYS! ZOMG!

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM
The gear pokemon looks meh to me. But I have to say this, Hihidaruma's face looks like Wario.

Looking forward to some gamplay footage in the coming months when the game comes out in Japan.

What are you talking about? They already have gameplay footage.
B_k5PEVsr9A
ailMef5RiM4

Tyrantrum
June 11th, 2010, 12:48 PM
B_k5PEVsr9A
I think by gameplay, he means a play through of the game.

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Information overload... brain melting...

Fire and electric and dragon? Awesome. Fortunately, I won't have to choose which one to get, because I'm waiting for the third game, which will have both! ~<3~

Bah, who am I kidding? I'll never be able to wait for the third game... XD

I know. I wish we were stronger :( But maybe I can get the 3rd game with the 3DS, like the Girantina DS Lite :)

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I know. I wish we were stronger :( But maybe I can get the 3rd game with the 3DS, like the Girantina DS Lite :)

I have terribly weak. I will need to get Pokemon Black the day it comes out, special ordered and everything.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
The map looks small compared in detail compared to other regions...it seems empty for some reason, Yay seems like Hoenn is still my favorite region! I like the fire ape! I hated the way Seribii put "Zekrom the Black Ying Pokemon" it's Yin! Sorry but I hate it when people say Ying not Yin!

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Everyone notices the Celebi with you but who noticed the Zorua following the girl?

Thanks for pointing that out. I initially thought that was... just part of the scenery.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM
The map looks small compared in detail compared to other regions...it seems empty for some reason, Yay seems like Hoenn is still my favorite region! I like the fire ape! I hated the way Seribii put "Zekrom the Black Ying Pokemon" it's Yin! Sorry but I hate it when people say Ying not Yin!

Oh God I hate that too!!!!

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Maybe we can expect SOME gameplay from Pokemon Sunday... if not this week next week.

CakeForTheSoul
June 11th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Im lovin the Gear and Gorilla.

Mac@ACK!
June 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM
B_k5PEVsr9A
ailMef5RiM4

I just remembered why I get my information from Articles and forums... and why I don't watch Japanese TV!

GunSaberSeraph
June 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I love the Gorilla and Zebra. Maybe I can make a signature out of them...

cystar
June 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Im so excited for this generation its so amazing

Swolligator
June 11th, 2010, 01:26 PM
If my english is right, it looks like there are vending machines in the park.

Masterge77
June 11th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Digimon and Pokemon have been copying off of each other since the releases of both.

Agumon=Charmander
Zekrom=Metaldramon
Seadramon=Milotic
Gear=Gear... :disappoin

You mean Hagurumon for the Gear Part, cause he's a gear (his Digivolutions are awesome I can tell you)

Also I am probably not the first to notice that Seadramon has "Seadra" in his name

True that certain Pokemon and Digimon have similarities, but the Pokemon vs Digimon competition has calmed down in the last few years (I personally like both franchises equally), but what's next, a psychic ferret that rips off Kudamon, or how about a dog with boxing gloves (Gaomon), oh, you missed one, Lucario=Renamon but male

JAK3
June 11th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Like them all, but..
Munna = Love. Unless it is a Drowzee Pre-vo, that'd suck.
I like that Croc too, Seeing as I am a big fan of Reptiles, and The Chinchilla is, 'kay.
Monkey thing is Awesome, look's tank.
Pidgeon is best Bird I have seen yet.
Those Gears are beautiful, and look great, cool design, and probably an Awesome Evolution.
Finally, Zebra. Cool, because of it's design, but also because of it's typing, looking like a decent member of my team.

Swolligator
June 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
And it looks like in a battle, there is a little command thing up in the top right that has something to do with weather.

Toxicroak
June 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I have a feeling Meguroko (as seen in my dp) will have an epic evo, similar to how hippooptas was cute then it evolved in to this mean ass sand spewing monster.

Myzou
June 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Munna is adorable :D

I hope it's available early on, unlike how Spoink was, XD

Also love the Zebra, and the Chinchilla.

Still meh about the Alligator, and the Gorilla is just horrible, lol.

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM

I kinda hope not, I mean... I'll want to play Pokemon xxx right away! I might not be able to if I have to buy a $200+ system, too. I'd have to turn to a life a crime to get my pokefix.

Chaos Rush
June 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I'm liking the environment and all, but the Pokemon.... ew....

LassLaura
June 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Did anyone else immediately think of the Flower Li'l Oinks from Paper Mario when they saw Munna?

[EDIT] Here's a link with all the new Pokemon's names, types and abilities on one page http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing

Masterge77
June 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Wait, are you saying that Zorua is..... an EVENT POKEMON!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will never get one without Action replay, and I was really hoping for a Zoroark on my team for the Pokemon league

Wait, I hope this is not the ONLY method of obtaining Zorua, cause if it was an event Pokemon, it would be at the very very very end of the Pokedex, it's possible that Zorua was only made for the film and not for gameplay, cause already, we have millions of players wanting a Zoroark on their future B/W team, and since the Celebi will only come to the US at Toys R Us, not to mention that it's one of those "specific individual" event Pokemon like the Sky forme Shaymins were (Nintendo is only doing this just to torture the fanbase), so only a few of us iwll get a Zorua legally *prays that there is an easier, non-event method to get Zorua in game*

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Like them all, but..
Munna = Love. Unless it is a Drowzee Pre-vo, that'd suck.
I like that Croc too, Seeing as I am a big fan of Reptiles, and The Chinchilla is, 'kay.
Monkey thing is Awesome, look's tank.
Pidgeon is best Bird I have seen yet.
Those Gears are beautiful, and look great, cool design, and probably an Awesome Evolution.
Finally, Zebra. Cool, because of it's design, but also because of it's typing, looking like a decent member of my team.

Munna is adorable :D

I hope it's available early on, unlike how Spoink was, XD

Also love the Zebra, and the Chinchilla.

Still meh about the Alligator, and the Gorilla is just horrible, lol.

Munna is indeed very cute. :D I'll have one on my team for sure.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Wait, are you saying that Zorua is..... an EVENT POKEMON!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will never get one without Action replay, and I was really hoping for a Zoroark on my team for the Pokemon league

wait, I hope this is not the ONLY method of obtaining Zorua, cause if it was an evnet Pokemon, it would be at the very very very end of the Pokedex

I'm pretty sure there might be more than one way to get it. Because it isn't legendary, and they even made an event Scizor. So...It's like the Lucario of this generation. It's gonna be overhyped and everyone's gonna love it, and then when it comes out over 9000 people are gonna get it just to find out it wasn't close to what they expected. I first thought Lucario was gonna be an Ice/Dark! Boy did I get a reality check when I found out it was Steel/Fighting.

Of course I could be wrong...

Townlain03
June 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
who else noticed under the words on the right side of the map there is a mountain range parallel to the other mountain range whichever one the electric cave is going to be on the side that has zekrom on it and there will probably be a cave similar to the electric one but just a fire version

GoldvsRed
June 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I'm glad that the regional mammal, Chiramii, is based on a chinchilla. I love chinchillas, to the point that I've created a chinchilla Fakemon before. Of course, that one was an Ice/Ground-Type... The only one I don't like is Munna, because it totally ripped off of both Hypno and Spoink/Grumpig. Its design looks like a really tacky wallpaper, but I'll probably grow to really like it. Gear is AWESOME. Just look at that thing and not call it an epic... Gear. At least people will stop calling the Gen. V Pokemon overly-complicated. Mamepato... Well, I don't really care, but I don't really hate it either. Hihidaruma is like the awesome Monferno we never had. Shimama, like Mamepato, doesn't really interest me very much. Meguroko, like Gear, will definitely be on my team by the time it comes out. It's a mix between my favorite Type (Ground-Type), and my favorite animal (crocodile), which is a total win by my standards. I'm also glad to see a female professor, it's a breath of fresh air, even is she doesn't look as... Old as the others. She's much more fanservice-y, though. I'm not really pleased with the region itself, though. Isshu's areas don't really flow well, it seems all jumbled up. The new Pokedex looks cool, and sleek. It reminds me of a modern version of the first 'Dex. That concludes my opinions on the new scans.

TomE22
June 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
From the map I can see the desert (obviously), a castle, ruins, an amusement park, a ligthouse. A lot of thigs, I must say. Just makes it feel really big, but with a lot of empty forest space between the places.

JP
June 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
The new region looks pretty massive. I wonder if that screenshot is showing the entire region or just a large portion of it...

PatJamma
June 11th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Did anyone else immediately think of the Flower Li'l Oinks from Paper Mario when they saw Munna?

*gasp* *has flashback* god those were the best! i spent over 9000! coins on Li'l Oinks! I know what one of the new pokemon is my favorite now!

LassLaura
June 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Also Isshu = Manhattan Island, New York. Or so I believe.

http://www.inetours.com/New_York/Pages/Manhattan_Map.html

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/88/CoroCoro_June_4.jpg

Toxicroak
June 11th, 2010, 02:15 PM

ooo it does seem quite similar.

June 11th, 2010, 02:19 PM
We have another Pigeon and Dream eater! I'm glad they look different from two certain gen 1 pokemon!

Masterge77
June 11th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure there might be more than one way to get it. Because it isn't legendary, and they even made an event Scizor. So...It's like the Lucario of this generation. It's gonna be overhyped and everyone's gonna love it, and then when it comes out over 9000 people are gonna get it just to find out it wasn't close to what they expected. I first thought Lucario was gonna be an Ice/Dark! Boy did I get a reality check when I found out it was Steel/Fighting.

Of course I could be wrong...

This is probably going to be one of those event Pokemon that can learn a special move that others of it's kind can't, like the surfing/flying Pikachu, or the Riolu that knows Aura Sphere, cause I don't really need one those, (I usually evolve my Riolus before the level Lucario learns Aura Sphere, once in platinum, it evolved right on that level)

After all, Zorua is not a legendary, so it is breedable, then we can get millions over the 5th gen GTS, unfortunatly not me because my area is cursed with no wi-fi, just regular internet, unless I get one of those fancy Wi-Fi adapters that hooks on to my computer, unfortunatly, my mom will probably say no, worse, my Action Replay is broken, double worse, the disc is not compatible with my computer, which the disc is game-cube sized, and my computer only takes regular sized PS2 sized discs, why the hell don't they just give us a regular sized disc (unless I am not keeping up with the times that this is a Windows XP 2005 with Internet explorer 9, IE6 when we first bought this system)

Wither way, I do want to have a Zorua on my team, cause I am not using any Uber legendaries on my team for the Pokemon league (gve up on not using ubers when I had to pull out Lugia from my PC in Soul Silver JUST TO BEAT KOGA), but I WILL be using my starter for the league either way

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Chinchilla is epic, but I wanna my Wolferine pokemon next :p

Wolferine, Squid, Hummingbird and Cougar pokemon's, I am not asking too much :P

Cjdamon042
June 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Hmm, some of the new Pokemon are alright I suppose, not too bothered about them (except that Crocodile thing...) but Isshu is looking rather...odd. It's all very here, there and everywhere; slightly randomly designed; everything looks out of place. Region shape wise though, I agree it all looks very New York City to me. You've got Manhattan in the middle which features a huge park in the centre and the biggest city (although, yes, a desert too), then either side of that you have the other areas with the mainland being to the west. Then of course there are the random islands in between, most notably the one to the left of the middle which reminds me of Liberty Island.

LassLaura
June 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hmm, some of the new Pokemon are alright I suppose, not too bothered about them (except that Crocodile thing...) but Isshu is looking rather...odd. It's all very here, there and everywhere; slightly randomly designed; everything looks out of place. Region shape wise though, I agree it all looks very New York City to me. You've got Manhattan in the middle which features a huge park in the centre and the biggest city (although, yes, a desert too), then either side of that you have the other areas with the mainland being to the west. Then of course there are the random islands in between, most notably the one to the left of the middle which reminds me of Liberty Island.
A Poke-Statue of Liberty would be funny.

Apotheosis
June 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
Chinchilla is epic, but I wanna my Wolferine pokemon next :p

Wolferine, Squid, Hummingbird and Cougar pokemon's, I am not asking too much :P

There is Octillery and Persian :p ?

Also. These pokémon are growing on me faster than 4th gen ever did.

Jerme
June 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
There is Octillery and Persian :p ?

Also. These pokémon are growing on me faster than 4th gen ever did.

octillery is an octopus. hello, look at the round head lol. i wanna see a triangular-shaped head squid that evolves into a kraken

and persion is a house cat.

umbreon_4_life
June 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I really love them all! Especially the Zebra, Pigeon (I totally ♥ pigeons), and the Chinchilla (I♥ them too!). I think it's amazing that Nintendo's creating Black and White and releasing it only about a year after HGSS! Don't you? I think that they'll keep "leaking" images and such until a few weeks before they release the actual games. Isn't it INSANE that it'll be coming out in Japanese in, what? September, was it? That's amazing! Don't you think so? That's so close from now, if you think about it...

EdIt: And I'm also REALLY glad about the female professor. It's about time they make one!

Kirbychu
June 11th, 2010, 02:47 PM
hehe i got a good new pic of munna if some one posted here before me so dont blame me its from serbi
http://i47.tinypic.com/35k2uyh_th.jpg
Wasn't there someone in Kanto who wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern?

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah, the picknicker girl after the Rock Tunnel IIRC. She complained about the pokemon being too chunky :/

June 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Wasn't there someone in Kanto who wanted a pink Pokemon with a floral pattern?I don't know(surprise in awe if that's true) then maybe we will get a grass ghost like Gardenia who was scared of ghost and said " What if there was a grass pokemon who was part ghost?" yay a Jack-o-lantern perhaps!

Anuhrima
June 11th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I will definitely be getting Hihidaruma. The best out of the bunch in my opinion. Maybe Mamepato,Meguroku,Gear, and Shimama too.

Gramisaur
June 11th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Love the new Pokemon!!
Especially the Zebra. Looks like a 1st or 2nd evo though [with another to follow possibly?].

I really want the Jack O Lantern Grass/Ghost type too!
Polar bear, tiger, hyena, snail and a keastral are a few other animals I think would make cool 'mons. I'd also like some kind of germ Pokemon. Like a virus of some such? I don't think there's one like that already unless I'm forgetting...

Female professor is hot <3

Kirbychu
June 11th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't know(surprise in awe if that's true) then maybe we will get a grass ghost like Gardenia who was scared of ghost and said " What if there was a grass pokemon who was part ghost?" yay a Jack-o-lantern perhaps!
I'm not saying that it means anything, but I think it's pretty funny.

Magmarizer
June 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I love the gear pokemon. I hope it gets a evo, like mabye more gears get added on.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Love the new Pokemon!!
Especially the Zebra. Looks like a 1st or 2nd evo though [with another to follow possibly?].

But of what??? I don't think it is.

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
As I said earlier, I absolutely love the Chinchilla.

I have a weird freaky story about the Chinchilla Pokemon. A few weeks ago my parents were playing those Facebook games-Treasure Isle and Farmville. And the game released a Chinchilla that you could put on your island and farm. As soon as I saw it I'm like "awww, it's so cute and it looks like it could be a Pokemon! They should totally make a chinchilla Pokemon!!!"

So I'm also kinda weirded out that I in a way, predicted the chinchilla pkmn. It looks exactly how I imagined a chinchilla pokemon should look to.

I'm so happy that my wish came true!!!

Masterge77
June 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM

I was expecting it to be based off of england, but Manhattans good, just with a lot less city covering it and 10x more landscape, It kinda reminds me of Almia for some reason (probably because it appears that they used the same artist who drew the Almia map)

Becki
June 11th, 2010, 03:09 PM
i dislike most of those new pokes except for the zebra, and the chincilla. maybe the bird will be okay it looks kinda cute but i hope they do not go overboard on the evoloutions.

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
ok, that fiery ape thing looks like one of my doodles. like seriously.
i was making a new legendary trio in my spare time on day and i made that, an ice one, and a rock one.
creepy.....................

and I HATE YOU GAME FREAK!
reshiram? fire?
zekrom? electric?
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?
all i wanted was a light type.....
and dragon dark is way better then any other typing i can think of. wah.

Volroc
June 11th, 2010, 03:12 PM
this region is gonna be really diverse!

theres an icy area, a forest area, a desert area, a lack area, plenty of oceanic area, and i think i see volcanic area at he top right behind the letters, but im not sure....

this region is completely EPIC WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (especially if thats a volcanic area)

Lady Gaga
June 11th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I freaking love these Pokemon! The chinchilla is SO adorable, I dont care if it has the worst stats ever, I am still going to use it ;3

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I freaking love these Pokemon! The chinchilla is SO adorable, I dont care if it has the worst stats ever, I am still going to use it ;3

Same here, same here!! It's going to be my best Pokemon!

I was always hoping they would make a Chinchilla!!!!!!!!! I can't get over how my wish came true. I swear they mustve read my mind.

June 11th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I was right about the typings, Yay for my prediction coming true. Now I predict...the third one will be Ice to be a reverse dragon version of the Bird trio!

flight
June 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I'm actually quite pleased at the pokemon that were released so far. I must say, even Munna strikes me as being quite cute, even though that's possibly overdoing it just a tad bit, but I don't mind at at all! ♥

I wanna see what else they come out with; preferably anymore of the legends. I dunno, in my opinion, I'm more excited to see more of the legendary Pokemon than anything else. D:

Volroc
June 11th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I was right about the typings, Yay for my prediction coming true. Now I predict...the third one will be Ice to be a reverse dragon version of the Bird trio!

itl be a fire type, cuz reshi is ICE i refuse to believe that ugly thing is fire, no fire pokemon could look THAT hideous

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
itl be a fire type, cuz reshi is ICE i refuse to believe that ugly thing is fire, no fire pokemon could look THAT hideous
i hate it too....
but we have to get over it....
palkia was water and nobody saw that coming.....

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
New ability:
Chivalrous.

Does more damage to Pokemon of its own Gender, but does less to Pokemon of the opposite Gender.

I know it's similar to Rivalry, but Blaze, Overgrow, Torrent, and Swarm are really similar...

I just know if I was a Pokemon, this would be MY ability.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
June 11th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Chiramii is amazingly cute <3
Granted it's the Isshu "Rattata", but It's definately going to be on my team. X3

Munna is acceptable. It will work out for me only if it has amazing evolutions.

Mamepato is adorable, but it kinda seems like a re-hash of starly. Meh. Still good <3

Hihidaruma is, er, interesting, but I guess if I can accept chimchar, I can accept whatever- this thing is.

Shimama is just an electric Ponyta, but it's good. Very nice.

Meguroko is neat! It's sorta like a dark hippopotas.
Only better.

And as for gear:
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon3.jpg

....Allright, if I can take Bidoof, I can take this, but really?
Floating Gears?

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I suggest a poach option in Pokemon. I really want to see what my character looks like in a chinchilla coat.
Anyways, is there any reason why the alligator looks like a raccoon as well? Raccoons aren't that sinister IMO.

June 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Well it's officially Fire type so deal with it!
The third one will be Ice then! I like the crocodile's ability!

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM

Slugma, Macargo, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, and Magmortar.
I win.

Earthquake Spiral will probably be a novel ability unless it raises the attack by 3+ stages per pokemon. It seems like much more effort than just throwing Swords Dance on it and spamming that.

Volroc
June 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Well it's officially Fire type so deal with it!
The third one will be Ice then! I like the crocodile's ability!

the 3rd one woont be ice, their not THAT predictable,plus everythin you ay turns wrong :P
no peacock remember? :P

i hate it too....
but we have to get over it....
palkia was water and nobody saw that coming.....

im already over it,i just wont except it.

palkia looks cool tho :P

I win.

slugma, and macarg oare badass, so fail.

chimchar-infernape were epic fail but not in appearance.

and magmortar just needs to get rid of its lips& itd be alright :P

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
I win.

Yeah you did.

I actually LIKE Reshiram. Even though I expected him to be a Flying/Dragon.. But that would make him 4 times weaker against Zekrom. When Dialga was Dragon/Steel and Palkia was Dragon/Water, that basically sealed the fate for Pearl...Maybe they're taking sides or something?

Gymnotide
June 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
lololol Munna is a tapir Pokemon.

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/Brawl08/1276288243907.jpg

You mean that girl?

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I actually like the fact that Reshiram is a fire type. It's not like the older days when you could know what type the other pokemon was just by looking at their color.
It's a nice twist. I'm getting Pokemon White, but because my brother likes Zekrom, I'll have to trade him Zekrom for his Reshiram. Hooray, I get the game I want more and the legendary I want more. :D

Niprop
June 11th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Ah, many of the Pokemon revealed look great, though that pink thing with a floral pattern looks sort of off, but I guess that's just because of it's pose.

At first, I was dumb struck by the Gear poke, but then I thought of Bronzor and it all clicked. I guess the main question is what it could possibly evolve into.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Ah, many of the Pokemon revealed look great, though that pink thing with a floral pattern looks sort of off, but I guess that's just because of it's pose.

At first, I was dumb struck by the Gear poke, but then I thought of Bronzor and it all clicked. I guess the main question is what it could possibly evolve into.

Either a Magneton edit or a new thing. I was hoping for a gear-and-wire pokemon similar to Drapion.

Gymnotide
June 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
While I'm still here, I'd like to complain about how the zebra Pokemon isn't Normal / Dark like how zebras are in real life. White and black. Not electric.

Kirbychu
June 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/Brawl08/1276288243907.jpg

You mean that girl?
Yes, her. I hope she didn't design anymore 5th gen Pokemon. <_>

I really hope the gear Pokemon doesn't just gain more gears.

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
And as for gear:

....Allright, if I can take Bidoof, I can take this, but really?
Floating Gears?

we have floating magnets. why not?

Anuhrima
June 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I win.

Earthquake Spiral will probably be a novel ability unless it raises the attack by 3+ stages per pokemon. It seems like much more effort than just throwing Swords Dance on it and spamming that.
None of the Chimchar line is ugly.

Gymnotide
June 11th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Stop with the "this Pokemon is ugly" thing. That's subjective.

SinisterEternity
June 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I really like Chiramii ! Looks so cute ! *must have*
And Shimama isn't bad too !
At first I thought they didn't look too good too, but yeah, they already grew up on me xD

vietazn654
June 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Female professor? Whoot! Finally! One that isn't in a filler. And Chirammi is awesome <3 =D

revelp8
June 11th, 2010, 04:48 PM
mamepato the pidgeon pokemon...didn't see that one coming *shot*

GIMME MOAR FIRE MONKEY!! eyebrows are flaming, how cool is that!

anyone curious to predict or assume where the stats are going to be distributed?

totally calling meguroko to be a physical sweeper.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
mamepato the pidgeon pokemon...didn't see that one coming *shot*

GIMME MOAR FIRE MONKEY!! eyebrows are flaming, how cool is that!

anyone curious to predict or assume where the stats are going to be distributed?

totally calling meguroko to be a physical sweeper.

I hope Meguroku (Crocodile) would be a speed demon.

I have few Speedy pokemon, and I would like one this time around. I usually get Tank or Sponge style pokemon...I have no clue why.

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
They looks like they are coming up hard for new Ideas of pokemon, some just look really bad/ re used.

Pichu_War
June 11th, 2010, 05:06 PM
if you look at the Isshu region map, right at huin city, doesn't it look like there is a park there like central park in new york, i only noticed it because i was wondering if you would catch any pokemon there in the city

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 05:13 PM
You want to know something spooky I did when Gen 4 was still in Japan? I made Pokemon. Yeah that isn't spooky, but what happened to the US Pokemon freaked me out.

I made a Bear Pokemon and named him Honferno. He was the 2nd evolution of the Fire Starter. (Honey + Inferno? He was the fire starter..Yeah it was dumb) months later, the US Sinnoh region was released, showing the 2nd evolution of the fire starter named MONFERNO. 1 Letter difference!!!

Maybe if I make a Pokemon, it will happen again? Who knows...All I know is that my name for the water starter is Ottide. (Otter + Tide?)

DXrobots
June 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon5.jpg

Hihidaruma looks like a mash up of infernape and Gekifire (http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/toys/sentai/geki/gekifire/gekifire50.jpg)

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon7.jpg

I like Meguroko's type combination I'm probably gonna use it

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon6.jpg

Shimama looks like a neopet to be honest, but its nice to see more electric types hopefully this isn't the only one we see. I feel like we barely got any last generation

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon4.jpg

Another bird pokemon I'm probably not gonna use

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon2.jpg

Mun’na the dream eater pokemon? Maybe it has a connection with drowzee

I think this is my favourite of the bunch. I hope its obtainable early in the game. I really hope they change the name though for the English version.

PalkiaSpace
June 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
After you defeat a Lass outside of Rock Tunnel in Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, and their remakes, she tells you...

"The POKEMON here are so chunky! There should be a pink one with a floral pattern!"

It had me puzzled for hours, i couldnt understand it. By the time Gen III came out, I read that again in LG. Then I started to think it was just horribly translated text, but they wouldnt leave that in the remake too... But upon revelation of Munma, It fit's the description perfectly.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/94/Munna.png/200px-Munna.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Munna.png)

What do you think? Would they seriously push off a pokemon design for 15 years and leave random text in the game? What do you think this was all about?

Personally, It dosnt make any sence to me. Maybe they do have thousands of concept arts sitting around, and when a new gen comes they just grab some up and put them in and maybe come up with some new ones.

Ninja Caterpie
June 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Maybe they ran out of ideas and looked through their old games for references?

Nah, probably your idea, lol. :D

dithyrambos
June 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I think this thread is POINTLESS. Cool. XD But "pink with a floral pattern" is kind of a universal theme for girly-girls, right? I don't think this game was predicting the future, but perhaps Nintendo remembered it themselves and thought, "Hey, why not?"

Or, perhaps this was a design that was scrapped in Gen I, and now they've brought it back.
ETA: I agree with the OP. I believe they do have a lot of concept art lying around. Not everything makes it into a game and sometimes old ideas are revisited.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
It's probably a reference to Gen 1! And speaking of Gen 1...The Dream Eating Pokemon? Maybe Munna is more than a reference...Maybe it's a Baby Pokemon of Gen 1 Drowzee! I mean it does look a little like a Tapir...

dieter57
June 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
i'm guessing it's just a coincidence.
OR
it could be a huge conspiracy to release the strongest pokemon ever!

Tanaki
June 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
An interesting theory. It could be a reference, or just coincidence. You never know what they'll do with the new pokemon games. Although, to be honest some of the stuff that they pull doesn't make sense most of the time. Like when they remake an old game they put the new pokemon in. Or when a whole set of 50+ pokemon just randomly roll into the region because you got your national pokedex? I don't think so, sir!

PalkiaSpace
June 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM
It could be related to Drowzee.....The trunk thing....

FieryGrave
June 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I think it was just coincidence. nothing serious, but an interesting observation.

BleuVII
June 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
This is a really interesting theory. I mean, we've already seen where concept art gets thrown around. There are some popular theories like:

Caterpie->Metapod->Venemoth
Venonat->Butterfree
Cubone is related to Kangaskhan
Carvhana->Sharpedo->Garchomp

And more than I can mention. I think it would be interesting if this were in the plans since Gen.I. It would certainly silence everyone who automatically thinks that new pokemon look like crap.

DXrobots
June 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
It could be related to Drowzee.....The trunk thing....

Thats exactly what I thought. Someone mentioned this in the original thread posted:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=221900&page=14

PalkiaSpace
June 11th, 2010, 05:43 PM
It would certainly silence everyone who automatically thinks that new pokemon look like crap.

YES!

It would be hilarious if people bashed on this generation's pokemon for being "unoriginal" when they were the first concept arts in the first place xD

Bamboo Basara
June 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Hmm, they're both dream eating tapirs. I definately sense a connection. The only thing throwing me off is how vastly different they look, it's hard to imagine one evolving into the other.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hmm, they're both dream eating tapirs. I definately sense a connection. The only thing throwing me off is how vastly different they look, it's hard to imagine one evolving into the other.

Yeah but I couldn't accept Chingling into Chimecho...So anything is possible nowadays.

Forever
June 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
I really think that Munna will either have its own evo line or none at all. I just can't make the connection to Drowzee.

Bamboo Basara
June 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Yeah but I couldn't accept Chingling into Chimecho...So anything is possible nowadays.

Very, very true. I thought the same thing about Chingling and Chimecho.

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I really think that Munna will either have its own evo line or none at all. I just can't make the connection to Drowzee.

This, actually.

Minun and Plusle are commonly associated with Pikachu as electric rodents even though they share no evolution line. Why can't dream eating tapirs be the same?

§acred†Beo!
June 11th, 2010, 06:25 PM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon7.jpg http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon5.jpg

I think these two are so awesome! And all of them are pretty cute :)!

Kai Yamato
June 11th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Great, more multi-hitting attacks... :/ They better be better than what he had before.

§acred†Beo!
June 11th, 2010, 06:33 PM
i'm guessing it's just a coincidence.
OR
it could be a huge conspiracy to release the strongest pokemon ever!

This right here made me giggle! :D... But who knows it could be.

June 11th, 2010, 06:35 PM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon5.jpg

Hihidaruma looks like a mash up of infernape and Gekifire (http://ooebihara.sakura.ne.jp/toys/sentai/geki/gekifire/gekifire50.jpg)

I like Meguroko's type combination I'm probably gonna use it

Shimama looks like a neopet to be honest, but its nice to see more electric types hopefully this isn't the only one we see. I feel like we barely got any last generation

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon4.jpg

Another bird pokemon I'm probably not gonna use

I think this is my favourite of the bunch. I hope its obtainable early in the game. I really hope they change the name though for the English version.Well we got two electric types so far! So that's good and now another fire type! so we got 5 fire types! (fire starter family, new ape, and Reshiram), I beat the gear will evolve into Steel/electric, seeing how it's SA is Plus/Minus and it will have a connection to the cave with electricity!

Forever
June 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Also on the Drowzee/Munna theory. Look at the names. Drowzee, Hypno... where does Munna fit in? And the association behind Chingling and Chimecho as mentioned actually makes sense because a chime makes a sort of ching sound - or can do in some cases. IF Drowzee was to get a pre-evo, it would most likely be named Fateeg (Fatigue) or something. :(

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Also on the Drowzee/Munna theory. Look at the names. Drowzee, Hypno... where does Munna fit in? And the association behind Chingling and Chimecho as mentioned actually makes sense because a chime makes a sort of ching sound - or can do in some cases. IF Drowzee was to get a pre-evo, it would most likely be named Fateeg (Fatigue) or something. :(

Yes well Chimecho's Japanese name is Chiriin, and Chingling's is Riishan. Not too similar if you ask me.

Swolligator
June 11th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Drowzee is Suleepu and Hypnos is Suleepaa (sleep and sleeper)

blueguy
June 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM
OMFG Chiramii is so adorable! I need it. Now! I am really pleased with the direction they're going with the new Pokémon, and Isshu looks so vast and diverse! ^__^

Jerme
June 11th, 2010, 06:47 PM
YES!

It would be hilarious if people bashed on this generation's pokemon for being "unoriginal" when they were the first concept arts in the first place xD

i never had problem where i think "oh noez these new pokemon are unorginal!!!11!!! pokemon iz gone i remember wen it was gud". but that thing looks stupid. just that one, not all the new pokemon

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 06:50 PM
OMFG Chiramii is so adorable! I need it. Now! I am really pleased with the direction they're going with the new Pokémon, and Isshu looks so vast and diverse! ^__^

Yeah, Chiramii is cool. I actually like all of the Pokemon so far! My brother doesn't like them, but I don't agree with him.

P.S. I love your Webcomic!!!!

Swolligator
June 11th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I like the new pokedex idea, the cellphone theme is pretty wicked.

Forever
June 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Tbh I don't think Munna will get changed much or at all for English, or maybe that's what I'm hoping.

Chloè
June 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
It's probably a reference to Gen 1! And speaking of Gen 1...The Dream Eating Pokemon? Maybe Munna is more than a reference...Maybe it's a Baby Pokemon of Gen 1 Drowzee! I mean it does look a little like a Tapir...

I actually agree with this. It makes the most sense, and I see a tiny resemblence.
But then again, we can't know anything for certian, until more info is released.

I can see it now. A shocking story "The young pokemon, as it grows up, looses its dreams full of pink and flower feilds, to become, a nightmare."

flight
June 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm thinking that Munna, if it does get its own evo line, would evolve into something totally awesome; then everyone would want to get it!

Just you wait people; it will happen someday.

MrsNorrington
June 11th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wow what an odd coincidence!!

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking that Munna, if it does get its own evo line, would evolve into something totally awesome; then everyone would want to get it!

I wholeheartedly disagree.
I'm very ashamed that you would even think that Derk, what's wrong with you? >:[
*smacks*

Shanghai Alice
June 11th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Garbled text? In a Pokemon game? Ridiculous!

In other news, you battle good...

BUT HOW IS YOUR CHEM?

In seriousness, it's possible that it was a reference to a Pokemon that SHOULD have existed, because the Gen I and II games seemed more... "Unpolished?" There were a lot of things to see, unfinished content and bugs...

Maybe it was planned and cut, but it's probably a coincidence.

They probably left it in the remake, because it's Spoony Bard text.

flight
June 11th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree.
I'm very ashamed that you would even think that Derk, what's wrong with you? >:[
*smacks*

I await your very surprise when the moment occurs, dear Luck.

And the pain you would feel in your groin much later on.

Adley
June 11th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Munna HAS to have an uber evolution. They wouldn't make a pokemon look so...... boring and simplistic

Luck
June 11th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I await your very surprise when the moment occurs, dear Luck.

And the pain you would feel in your groin much later on.
Dirty thoughts. D:
You hit a girl? That's mean, dude. And just plain terrible.
You, sir, win an Internet. However, maybe we should stay on topic. And the topic so far is these hideous beasts they call Generation V Pokemon. Now come on, munna will, in no way be related to drowzee. I wonder what pre/evolution they'll make this generation though.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Dirty thoughts. D:

You, sir, win an Internet. However, maybe we should stay on topic. And the topic so far is these hideous beasts they call Generation V Pokemon. Now come on, munna will, in no way be related to drowzee. I wonder what pre/evolution they'll make this generation though.

Why thank you for the Internet.

But yeah I should stay on topic. I don't agree when you say they are hideous though I quite like these.

I hope they make an evolution of Farfetch'd. Maybe like based on a Tengu or something. Because Far Fetch'd means like unbelieveable, preposterous, etc. So maybe one based off of a legend?

Red1530
June 11th, 2010, 07:35 PM
It looks like Isshu is based on New York City.
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/Red1530/NYC.png

blueguy
June 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
^ That pretty much confirms it for me. :3

pokejungle
June 11th, 2010, 07:46 PM
http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/corocoro_july_3_zoom.jpg (http://pokejungle.net)

Didn't see any other site bother to translate it soooo...

Green Box:

+Shops are now inside the Pokemon Centers (previously revealed)
+Vending machines which were found in previous games are now able to be found on the roads
+Weather is now displayed on the bottom screen during battle (the pokeball-ish design is now the “Attack” “Bag” “Run” “Pokemon” bottom screen during battles. What is circled is the weather display)
+The Y button is for the menu, and you can see what it looks like now.

Blue Box:

+Sightseeing around Isshu- it has a drawbridge
+The desert area has the sandstorm weather effect… (I wonder if the goggles will make a comeback from R/S/E in order to cross)
+Isshu features many unique designs, such as this one that is a honeycomb. Literally says ‘what else could there be?!’

Droidz
June 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm really happy to see a Female professor, this games pokes are looking pretty cool too.

amberrelf
June 11th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Okay, when that game comes out, I am scowering the grass for a Chiramii first thing.<333
The other new ones? Eh, they're okay.

bobandbill
June 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
IMO a co-incidence. After all, the comment is more a vague attempt to be funny in that 'girls like cute stuff' sort of manner than some vague...hint or whatnot 15 years down the track or whatever the number is. -_- And after all, what's the point? The previously-mentioned ideas with certain Pokemon having evolutions have some sort of bearing I guess due to the picture, but here it's just a one-liner from an old game. If they wanted to delay this Pokemon assuming it was made for first gen then why leave the text in?

Anyways, too many questions marks over this, and TBH slightly in the straw-grabbing department - more than likely a mere coincidence.

bobandbill
June 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM
^ That pretty much confirms it for me. :3

Notthough other people have also shown how parts of the region relates to places in Japan as well - similarities do not make confirmation. It could be based on it, but IMO we need more than that.

I'll note though that Pokemon does have a region based on america - Pokemon Colosseum/XD for the GCN's region of Orre is said to be based off of Arizona.

dragon0fangz
June 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I hope Gear evolves in something wicked awesome. That thing looks so cool now, and it can only look cooler.

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I don't think Gear will evolve... it seems like it will be Zekroms minions. They remind me of Unown or Combie.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I just hope Gear dies not evolve like Combee!!!

I want male and female Gears to evolve!!! D: I mated soooooooo many combee eggs with no female Combee I almost shot myself.

Which reminds me: Vespiking, anyone?

Myles
June 11th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Notthough other people have also shown how parts of the region relates to places in Japan as well - similarities do not make confirmation. It could be based on it, but IMO we need more than that.

I'll note though that Pokemon does have a region based on america - Pokemon Colosseum/XD for the GCN's region of Orre is said to be based off of Arizona.

Where? I've seen people compare it to Honshu, Belgium, England and Russia. It doesn't resemble any of them at all. I looked all over Japan and didn't find anything that has that shape at all either.

jon328
June 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
WTF!!!!

do not want.

.Eevee-Chan
June 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
*Chiramii is my favorite out of all those :D
*Though I hate the fire ape and gears... we already have a fire monkey why need another?
plus it gives me the creeps. the gears are well awkward T_T"
*The desert croc and pigeon are okay... kind of. I only like the crocs "goggle" eyes XD That was cute.
*The Zebra is fine, alittle on the oddside. and so is the pink dreameater pokemon. But they'll probabky warm up to me eventually.

Volroc
June 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM
WTF!!!!

do not want.

lmao XD i thought the same thing mate

Dillon_68
June 11th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I just thought of a something that kinda supports Munna being a Drowzee pre-evo. Drowzee and Hypno have pink shinies. What if Munna has a yellow shiny form? That would make sense, kinda. =P

Ravecat
June 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM
The bottom-half being coloured makes sense too, as Drowzee has brown, but why would it be floral-patterned?

Dillon_68
June 11th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I just hope Gear dies not evolve like Combee!!!

I want male and female Gears to evolve!!! D: I mated soooooooo many combee eggs with no female Combee I almost shot myself.

Which reminds me: Vespiking, anyone?
Gears will most like be genderless, I'm 95% sure. They're metal for pete's sake. =P

And there are no kings of a colony of bees, so no Vespiking.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 09:38 PM
The bottom-half being coloured makes sense too, as Drowzee has brown, but why would it be floral-patterned?

Because, as mentioned before, this one eats BAD dreams, so it's cute and nice. But then it turns into an Evil pokemon, so the floral pattern goes away.

Dillon_68
June 11th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Maybe the floral pattern is under the mud pattern. XD But I like Sargaent's reason. Also the girl who mentioned the pink Pokemon with floral pattern was from kanto, where Drowzee come from. Idk, it's still possible that they are two different things.

Haza
June 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I think Munna maybe similar to Shaymin... that is what she reminds me of. Maybe it is the cute legendary?

JP
June 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
For some reason I can't see Munna being a Legendary/Sub-Legendary-a-la-Shaymin or whatever. I think it'll just be one of those psychic Pokemon you come across early to midway through the game.

Or maybe that's just what I want it to be. :P

SIN1488
June 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Wow, I'm sure I'll get used to these new ones eventually, but right now I'm just not feeling them. I mean, I was hoping for more inanimate object type pokemon, but gears? XD I wonder what would happen if they combined with Magneton? :P

At least Zekrom turned out to be Dragon/Electric though, I'm definitely getting White now. :D

Forever
June 11th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I think Munna maybe similar to Shaymin... that is what she reminds me of. Maybe it is the cute legendary?

A theory other than the Drowzee one, good. Yeah now I can kind of sort this. If it were to get an evolution I can't really imagine it other than some sort of balloon Pokemon... Or a role similar to Zorua/Zoaroark... considering they can evolve and most legendaries can't. (I know there are exclusions to this but I forgot which ones - or unless I imagined it, I don't know.)

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I want a Zebra Pokemon, still didn't get one. That thing is 100% Okapi

http://www.m-arc.be/old_site/images/okapi.jpg

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I want a Zebra Pokemon, still didn't get one. That thing is 100% Okapi

http://www.m-arc.be/old_site/images/okapi.jpg

He has stripes ALL OVER and looks much more like a Zebra than an Okapi.

Pandemonioum
June 11th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Long time ago Okapi was rumoured to be mythical Unicorn, thus it got nickname: African Unicorn. That new Pokemon's horn indicates that it is unicorn, also it has black body and white striping :P

GoldvsRed
June 11th, 2010, 10:29 PM
You want to know something spooky I did when Gen 4 was still in Japan? I made Pokemon. Yeah that isn't spooky, but what happened to the US Pokemon freaked me out.

I made a Bear Pokemon and named him Honferno. He was the 2nd evolution of the Fire Starter. (Honey + Inferno? He was the fire starter..Yeah it was dumb) months later, the US Sinnoh region was released, showing the 2nd evolution of the fire starter named MONFERNO. 1 Letter difference!!!

Something eerily similar to that happened to me, too. Of course, it happened after D/P were released, but I hadn't gotten a chance to play them, yet... Anyways, I was making some Fakemon, and I decided that the Fire-Type Starter line should be based on fire-breathers, so I made them look slightly simian, so as to appear more animal, but still very humanoid, like Jynx... Anyway, the second member of that line was a very monkey-like Pokemon that had the name Manferno, because I couldn't think of any human/fire puns... And then I got Platinum. I WTF'd. I WTF'd HARD.

560cool.
June 11th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Okay.
The new Isshu Scans dumbfounded me. Changed my way of view. Have a special folder in my PC !
HONEYCOMB ?? HUGE MOUNTAIN TO THE EAST ??? A DESERT RIGHT NORTH OF HIUN ??
Hoenn and Sinnoh combined. And the new Battle Interface is pure_genius. Nothing more to say.
I can't wait for these games. They'll reinvent the franchise. It will be sold in millions in the first weeks. Tens of millions <--- probably not, but I'd like to ! :)

Mujahid
June 11th, 2010, 11:28 PM
OMG ! i Just figured this out while reading pokejungle...so now the weather will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in a small box...that means it won't be "rain continues to fall" crap now !!..seriously that was annoying..it'll be quite time saving ...anyone agrees ?

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 11:32 PM
OMG ! i Just figured this out while reading pokejungle...so now the weather will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in a small box...that means it won't be "rain continues to fall" crap now !!..seriously that was annoying..it'll be quite time saving ...anyone agrees ?

I think that, because of the animated sprites and backgrounds for some attacks, it could continuously go on until it stops. I wondered about that. Why only show rain after each turn? I think it would be cool myself.

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
That's fantastic! Maybe nurse joy will be faster as well...

Co500
June 12th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I think he's right, just look at the colours its a simple pink so im guessing it was scrapped and now is released, I think it may be gender diiferent like The nido family pink one turns into nice dream pokemon, dark on (male) turns into the nightmare pokemon drowse!

Co500
June 12th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Maybe mumna is a day/night evo line drowse at night and other pokemon in day or gender difference evos

Haza
June 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm really excited for random battles! The only thing is the less people depend on forums and rules, the more people will disconnect and use Double Team and Ubers...

Myles
June 12th, 2010, 01:54 AM
I'm really excited for random battles! The only thing is the less people depend on forums and rules, the more people will disconnect and use Double Team and Ubers...

They might have a non-legendary mode.

Hopefully double Team will finally get nerfed, but it probably won't...

Haza
June 12th, 2010, 02:01 AM
It could be a coincidence or one of the makers may have noticed this text and decided to make something of it. Personally. Munna reminds me of some of those scrap art designs from RBY anyway... it's so simple just like those.

Apotheosis
June 12th, 2010, 02:05 AM
It would be so fun, in a way, if Munna really was a baby evo of Drowzee. They have the same nose.. it's just the flowers that don't make sense :p

hack1
June 12th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Awesome!
-Female Prof!
-Finally Fire/Dragon type!
-New Pokemon with Plus/Minus ablities! (Giaru)
-I hope Chiramii will evolve...

AngelFireWing
June 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I think all the new pokemon look very interesting and I can't wait to see if they evolve. This is shaping up to be a very interesting and exciting game :):)

Ravecat
June 12th, 2010, 02:33 AM
All they need to do is add rules,

I realize it's likely that they won't, but it's all they need to do.

Actor
June 12th, 2010, 02:36 AM
These new pokemon look very interesting.
The pink one looks like it came out of the random box.

Blue
June 12th, 2010, 02:53 AM
So far, they look better than the Gen 4 Pokemon, lets hope they dont make anymore like Probopass..

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 02:55 AM
So far, they look better than the Gen 4 Pokemon, lets hope they dont make anymore like Probopass..

Well...I know one admin that would frown at that statement.

Though yeah most of them are unappealing.

Mongo
June 12th, 2010, 04:38 AM
The crocodile and pigeon are cool. Hate the rest of them, though.

beca
June 12th, 2010, 04:48 AM

^ I really like that one =] adorable.

kinu
June 12th, 2010, 05:15 AM

i thought that after looking at its details

BeachBoy
June 12th, 2010, 05:33 AM
I don't really think it's just coincidence, the versions where they have some retro-feel have a pokemon mentioned in that generation? You never know, a homeless person who was digging through their trash might've been "WHY NOT THIS?! D:" and gone nuts, reviving the idea. XD;

I love it, and this theory, either way.

BeachBoy
June 12th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I don't think I've ever been more hyped up for a game. Even the starting bird looks cool. (that's what I'm assuming it is, at least)

Random battles, crocs, ELECTRIC PONIES!?!

Wow.

PalkiaSpace
June 12th, 2010, 06:21 AM
True, maybe she was just wishing of for a pokemon XD. Then again, they acutally made it... They could of been running out of ideas so they looked through old text blocks and found that and was like "OOH look a pokemon we can makez"

amberrelf
June 12th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Interesting. :3

But why does everyone keep saying it could be related to Drowzee?
It looks nothing like Drowzee or Hypno.

Volroc
June 12th, 2010, 06:45 AM
worst ideas ever:
reshiram
the zebra
ponyta&rapidash
these 4 should never have been made -_-
i hope the rest of the pokemon look good, cuz those 2new ones i cant stand.
i just cant get used to them no matter how hard i try :(
and ive always hated those horses -_-
so now ive got another horse family to despise

Chris337
June 12th, 2010, 07:09 AM
They don't look too bad, not overdone like Gen4 so it doesn't look like they're running out of ideas too badly.

rosegalaxy
June 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM
worst ideas ever:
reshiram
the zebra
ponyta&rapidash

NO WAY! i love rapidash=[

JakeyBoy
June 12th, 2010, 07:23 AM
It is the Dream Eater Pokemon. It is clearly based off of an ant eater. It is Psychic. One of its abilities is Forewarn, which only 5 total Pokemon have, and only two families. I think that's enough to say it is probably a baby Drowzee. Not to mention it DOES look like Drowzee, being simply a Drowzee head with legs, if slightly prettier.

Anyway, in Gen 1 they probably just thought "Hey, it would make sense for a young girl to want a pink Pokemon with flowers, so let's make a NPC that says that". In Gen 5 they thought "Hey, it would make sense for a young girl to want a pink Pokemon with flowers, so let's make one". It's not that complicated an idea really.

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:29 AM
worst ideas ever:
reshiram
the zebra
ponyta&rapidash

The black and white one..the zebra..whatever it's name is..is yeah..a little weird. It will take some time to get use to. The fire type, Hihidoruma looks....crazy and evil all at once :o and it looks like it has some influences from some animal that I can't pinpoint at the moment, but the animal it's based off of has to live in Australia somewhere, imo.

Okay, I'm happy that like predicted by many Reshiram is fire/dragon and Zekrom electric/dragon. Cool combo :D.

Isshu is a big smaller than I thought it would be but at least we get the desert back.

My favorite of the new revealed have to be Mun'na (it's cute..and from what I read I bet it's an awesome pokemon), Chiramii, and Megoroku (who will probably evolve into some wicked crocodile).

Btw, Professor Araragi looks amazing! I sense that she will be an intelligient woman who also has a good sense of humor :D.

They don't look too bad, not overdone like Gen4 so it doesn't look like they're running out of ideas too badly.

Funny you mention that, because have you seen the thread asking what happened to the simple-based pokemon? Well apparantly some people thought pokemon was starting to look more like digimon. The new 7 revealed can't represent all but from the looks of it we have simply-designed pokemon (Mun'na, chiramii) and ones that have more detail to them like Zoroark, Zekrom, and Reshiram.

That's the same thing I say to the Mijumaru haters :P

Volroc
June 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM
The black and white one..the zebra..whatever it's name is..is yeah..a little weird. It will take some time to get use to. The fire type, Hihidoruma looks....crazy and evil all at once :o and it looks like it has some influences from some animal that I can't pinpoint at the moment, but the animal it's based off of has to live in Australia somewhere, imo.

Okay, I'm happy that like predicted by many Reshiram is fire/dragon and Zekrom electric/dragon. Cool combo :D.

Isshu is a big smaller than I thought it would be but at least we get the desert back.

My favorite of the new revealed have to be Mun'na (it's cute..and from what I read I bet it's an awesome pokemon), Chiramii, and Megoroku (who will probably evolve into some wicked crocodile).

Btw, Professor Araragi looks amazing! I sense that she will be an intelligient woman who also has a good sense of humor :D.

Funny you mention that, because have you seen the thread asking what happened to the simple-based pokemon? Well apparantly some people thought pokemon was starting to look more like digimon. The new 7 revealed can't represent all but from the looks of it we have simply-designed pokemon (Mun'na, chiramii) and ones that have more detail to them like Zoroark, Zekrom, and Reshiram.

That's the same thing I say to the Mijumaru haters :P

i hope the croc has badass evos XD

NO WAY! i love rapidash=[

i ummmm got this thing bout horses.... *cringes*

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:38 AM

I hope that it's not an pre-evo of Drowzee..That would ultimately stop me from even thinking of catching it (or just giving it an everstone :D)

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=Volroc;5875242]i hope the croc has badass evos XD
QUOTE]

It is going to be badass, everyone knows that. You can't combine dark/ground with a croc and not expect it :P I'm just glad it doesn't sand stream ability like Hippopotas/Hippowdon. That got annoying really fast in battles.

TheReal
June 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I think it's just coincidence. But Munma, if it isn't Drowzee pre evo, will be epic. It's my fav from all that have been revealed.

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM

really? try to use faint attack, shockwave and those kind of moves, problem solved. and yes, i fear "dash boarders" and people that use a team of legends. we really need to be able to set rules.

Volroc
June 12th, 2010, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=Volroc;5875242]i hope the croc has badass evos XD
QUOTE]

It is going to be badass, everyone knows that. You can't combine dark/ground with a croc and not expect it :P I'm just glad it doesn't sand stream ability like Hippopotas/Hippowdon. That got annoying really fast in battles.

ya i totally agree,i want this earthquake spiral, cuz i won opponents fast, my porygon-Z would be killer with a spatk version lol

JAK3
June 12th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I overlooked them and must say they all look better then I thought. Munna is still a lovable little beast. Meguroko, forgot to mention, is not only my favourite, but will DEFINITELY be on my Team.
Chiramii is.. Still okay, but not the greatest, probably won't be on my team, I will have to see it's evolutionary cycle before I say anything, But overall, nice looking Pokemon. Next up, Gear. This guy, is so wonderful, it's facial expressions say alot about it, it has a look that it was built from Steel, and it is Steel, loving it. Mamepeto, just your average starting Bird, but best design I have seen for one yet, and I like him alot. Hihidaruma, what can I say? Tank, that is all. Then, finally, Shimama. Beautiful design, great typing, and probably has a special place in my team.
That is what I think of these new fantastic beasts. :)

SargeantMajorKururu
June 12th, 2010, 09:18 AM
The fire type, Hihidaruma looks....crazy and evil all at once :o and it looks like it has some influences from some animal that I can't pinpoint at the moment, but the animal it's based off of has to live in Australia somewhere, imo.

Like an Ape + a Daruma to me...I don't see an Australian influence there.

Blayze
June 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM

That was among my first thoughts when I saw this Pokemon and read its description. (The other thought being: Oh look a piggy bank! ^^)

It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 12th, 2010, 09:46 AM
That was among my first thoughts when I saw this Pokemon and read its description. (The other thought being: Oh look a piggy bank! ^^)

It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

LOL I thought that too!

Even though I'm guessing it to be a Drowzee pre-evo, maybe they'll just give it its own cool evolution line. Of course I won't get one unless you can teach Telekenisis to other pokemon through breeding...

███
June 12th, 2010, 10:19 AM
well doesn't gamefreak have over 1,000 pokemon even before R/G/B was made i mean they sad that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally for shappire and ruby :/

Masterge77
June 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
It would not bee a pre-evolution of Drowzee, for one thing, it's not the right colors (Drowzee is brown and yellow, Munna is Pink and purple), two, it levitates, and three, it has a name similar to "Mumma", which we know in the states as "Misdreavus", a similar in description, but completely unrelated Pokemon, still, I think it is based on a piggybank, and not to mention the old phrase "Everything is not what it seems", which is what Munna appears to be based off of......

Angelroid
June 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
well doesn't gamefreak have over 1,000 pokemon even before R/G/B was made i mean they sad that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally for shappire and ruby :/
You are actually right, They made 1,000 Pokemon before R/B/Y.

560cool.
June 12th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Well, Nintendo always had me puzzled with stuff like these : bringing back conspiracies or just filling some empty places.
But, IMO, it is just a coincidence ! :P

JakeyBoy
June 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
It would not bee a pre-evolution of Drowzee, for one thing, it's not the right colors (Drowzee is brown and yellow, Munna is Pink and purple)
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/c/cd/011Metapod.png/105px-011Metapod.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/d/d1/012Butterfree.png/120px-012Butterfree.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/46/019Rattata.png/200px-019Rattata.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/f4/020Raticate.png/170px-020Raticate.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/6/60/037Vulpix.png/180px-037Vulpix.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/0/05/038Ninetales.png/150px-038Ninetales.png
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/53/054Psyduck.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/f/fe/055Golduck.png/170px-055Golduck.png

And that's just the first 100.

two, it levitates No it doesn't. It learns a move that forces the foe to levitate. That isn't a current move, it's completely possible and more than likely that Drowzee will learn this as well.

and three, it has a name similar to "Mumma", which we know in the states as "Misdreavus", a similar in description, but completely unrelated PokemonThe fact that they have a similar name but aren't related is completely irrelevant.

juanhbk1
June 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
What will chiramii evolve into ? I'm scared

Dillon_68
June 12th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Give a Drowzee a Rose Incense and you have Munna, it's that simple.It would explain the floral, hippy-like pattern. I mean, why can't the incenses be used for breeding of multiple Pokemon?

PS: Drowzee and Hypno have pink shiny forms. It would make sense if Munna had a yellow shiny.

GoldvsRed
June 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM
If Munna ends up being a Drowzee prevo, then I take back what I said earlier. I would end up absolutely loving it, simply because it stops being a Drowzee rip-off that looks like a tacky wallpaper, and starts being A DROWZEE RIP-OFF THAT LOOKS LIKE A TACKY WALLPAPER. In other words, Munna is now one of my favorites. I'm fickle about this sort of thing.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
I see what you mean about the pre-evos being different colours. But when they actually make a baby version of the pokemon. I believe its the same colours? I don't think they've ever made a baby pokemon that isn't pretty much identical to the adult.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JhYNzEdjKdw/Sir9dq4hdkI/AAAAAAAAAIY/d3vB_QHVMAg/s320/pokerant2.gif >> http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2714/531371-wobbuffet1_large.gif

http://pokemon.supercheats.com/artwork/172.png >> http://site.video-game-central.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pikachu.gif

JakeyBoy
June 12th, 2010, 12:18 PM
I see what you mean about the pre-evos being different colours. But when they actually make a baby version of the pokemon. I believe its the same colours? I don't think they've ever made a baby pokemon that isn't pretty much identical to the adult.I anticipated someone would say this, and I honestly don't have an answer. Though, why not start? There's no real reason why they shouldn't be different colours. Admittedly this is a drastic colour change, but most baby Pokemon are meant to be cutesy, and frankly I don't think there's any way to make Drowzee come off as "cute", as cool as he is. I could also argue that Chingling, and possibly even Smoochum or Tyrogue, have different colours, but that would possibly be a bit of a desperate argument.

pokejungle
June 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Munna is now one of your favorites? Or only if it's a pre-evo?

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
where the hell are people gettin the idea of it being a drowzee preevo??

Volroc
June 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM
where the hell are people gettin the idea of it being a drowzee preevo??

thats wat i was wonderin

seriously they have nuthin incommon except species inspiration,& dreams

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 12:57 PM

I didn't think of that, but at first glance..without really paying attention to its name it seemed austrialian influenced (tasmanian devil a little to me).

I overlooked them and must say they all look better then I thought. Munna is still a lovable little beast. Meguroko, forgot to mention, is not only my favourite, but will DEFINITELY be on my Team.

Chiramii is.. Still okay, but not the greatest, probably won't be on my team, I will have to see it's evolutionary cycle before I say anything, But overall, nice looking Pokemon. Next up, Gear. This guy, is so wonderful, it's facial expressions say alot about it, it has a look that it was built from Steel, and it is Steel, loving it. Mamepeto, just your average starting Bird, but best design I have seen for one yet, and I like him alot. Hihidaruma, what can I say? Tank, that is all. Then, finally, Shimama. Beautiful design, great typing, and probably has a special place in my team.
That is what I think of these new fantastic beasts. :)

Gear reminds me of magnemite..I don't like its facial expressions but if it evolves into something stellar I'll reconsider my opinion of it.

What will chiramii evolve into ? I'm scared

Hopefully not something fugly and/or useless. I guess it might be available towards the start of the game so to me it seems like it will evolve into a semi-powerful pokemon.

But hey guys, from the pictures and info I don't think we have a bidoof equivalent in Isshu :D..Hopefully I don't have to take those words back later on!

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I anticipated someone would say this, and I honestly don't have an answer. Though, why not start? There's no real reason why they shouldn't be different colours. Admittedly this is a drastic colour change, but most baby Pokemon are meant to be cutesy, and frankly I don't think there's any way to make Drowzee come off as "cute", as cool as he is. I could also argue that Chingling, and possibly even Smoochum or Tyrogue, have different colours, but that would possibly be a bit of a desperate argument.

This is how I see this; I completely agree that anything is possible, but even if they are of a dissimilar colour i.e; Chingling. It still has features which completely define it to being related to the certain Pokemon.. Such as the bell for chingling. The Hair for smoochum, and the physique for Tyrogue. Hm I'm not sure really.. but all I know is that we have never had such a drastic difference for a baby Pokemon. If Munna is a baby Drowzee, it completely ruins it for me. XD

Tater Tot
June 12th, 2010, 01:11 PM
imo, it seems like they ran out of ideas and researched their older ideas that were scrapped. :[

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
imo, it seems like they ran out of ideas and researched their older ideas that were scrapped. :[

I honestly don't think they "ran out" of ideas, it seems like they already designed all the pokemon we have years ago, and just pick to release some every so often. :o

Syrp/Pnoob
June 12th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I love how everyone's saying that Munna is a pre-evo to Drowzee. Munna is the Dream Eater Pokemon, not the Hypnosis Pokemon. Not to mention Munna is obviously based on a sea cucumber (http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01455/seapig_1455450i.jpg). I mean, look at it, that's the stuff of nightmares.

Plus, Munna's evolution (http://content6.flixster.com/question/66/19/64/6619640_std.jpg) has already been confirmed.

-PN

Don't take this post seriously, because I know someone will.

P.S.- Loving all of the new Pokemon.

Drew
June 12th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I love it, and this theory, either way.

This.

The Pokemon itself is pretty adorable, and I'm lovin' this theory.

It's interesting to me how someone could pick up on something like that. I mean, that text referencing to that Pokemon is a pretty minute detail. o_o Although, to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence at all. Even if someone told me it was, I don't think I'd believe them. Especially since that's the only Pokemon with any kind of floral pattern on it, without actually being a grass-type Pokemon. o_O Even they don't have fancy patterns on themselves.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
This.

The Pokemon itself is pretty adorable, and I'm lovin' this theory.

It's interesting to me how someone could pick up on something like that. I mean, that text referencing to that Pokemon is a pretty minute detail. o_o Although, to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence at all. Even if someone told me it was, I don't think I'd believe them. Especially since that's the only Pokemon with any kind of floral pattern on it, without actually being a grass-type Pokemon. o_O Even they don't have fancy patterns on themselves.

I completely agree; I don't think it's a coincidence, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing that girl in this gen maybe? :o That would be such a cool idea.. all grown up like XD

HannahMontana
June 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
It's a coincidence, and that's a very generic description. They wouldn't have hinted that long ago about a very unspectacular Pokemon....by that I mean, Munna doesn't seem like it''ll have any big role, just another Pokemon.

And use some common sense, it is not a Drowzee evo. It's merely a Pokemon that's loosely based on the same idea. It's very well established by now that baby Pokemon look very similar to their evolutions. They are not going to make this exceptions.

Why would ANYONE want a Drowzee evolution? That's so random, pre-evolutions are so stupid. I can't wait to see Munna's evolutions, I'm definitely using it on my team :).

GoldvsRed
June 12th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Munna is now one of your favorites? Or only if it's a pre-evo?

It doesn't really matter, but being related to Drowzee and Hypno is a bonus.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Okay so I will try to increase my evidence of Munna not being a baby drowzee..
Chingling is the contradiction to how I last posted my evidence. But I still stand by the looking like the evolution. For example;
http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/w/i/pokemon/d/d1/433.png>>http://pokemon.supercheats.com/artwork/358.png
As you can see Chingling is basically the Chimecho's body, just with a shorter tail and no levitation; now heres munna and drowzee.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon2.jpg >> http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/ani096.gif

I personally see absolutely no connection to the design of these two pokemon, infact it relates more to phanpy than it does to drowzee imo.
Munna is a dream eating pokemon. But yet both Hypno and Drowzee are Hypnosis pokemon, I know this is a weak point but why would it change, another key point is that both hypo and drowzee's japanese names are to do with sleeping, munna isn't..

On another point; Munna is levitating or floating, now I know that it learns the new move Telekinesis, BUT the description of that move is to make your foes levitate; not your own pokemon. Surely if it were to evolve into drowzee it wouldn't loose the capabilities to float, because I for one have never seen a drowzee float and it wouldn't suddenly be able to do in this gen.

Okay so this is my evidence. Feel free to pull me up on stuff :o

It's a coincidence, and that's a very generic description. They wouldn't have hinted that long ago about a very unspectacular Pokemon....by that I mean, Munna doesn't seem like it''ll have any big role, just another Pokemon.

And use some common sense, it is not a Drowzee evo. It's merely a Pokemon that's loosely based on the same idea. It's very well established by now that baby Pokemon look very similar to their evolutions. They are not going to make this exceptions.

Why would ANYONE want a Drowzee evolution? That's so random, pre-evolutions are so stupid. I can't wait to see Munna's evolutions, I'm definitely using it on my team :).

I'll be using it on my team for sure too. XD aslong as it doesn't evolve into drowzee T__T

HannahMontana
June 12th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Chingling looks just like Chimecho and is a very natural transition. They both have the same eyes and smile, and whatever is coming out of his head is shaped Blue and Red, like Chimecho.

There are absolutely no similarities between Munna snd the Drowzee line. For what...IT'S NOT BIPEDAL. Different eyes, as well as some sort of gem-like thing on it's head (maybe for hypnosis). And can we not forget the floral pattern? It's obviously going to develop with it's evolution.

We know nothing about Munna. And just because her and Drowzee appear to have a similar concept people are already jumping to stupid conclusions? She's not a Drowzee evo.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Chingling looks just like Chimecho and is a very natural transition. They both have the same eyes and smile, and whatever is coming out of his head is shaped Blue and Red, like Chimecho.

There are absolutely no similarities between Munna snd the Drowzee line. For what...IT'S NOT BIPEDAL. Different eyes, as well as some sort of gem-like thing on it's head (maybe for hypnosis). And can we not forget the floral pattern? It's obviously going to develop with it's evolution.

We know nothing about Munna. And just because her and Drowzee appear to have a similar concept people are already jumping to stupid conclusions? She's not a Drowzee evo.

I did think that the floral pattern would be way to unique to turn into something stupid like drowzee. XD
I'm anxious to see what it will end up evolving into.

PalkiaSpace
June 12th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it wont evolve into Drowzee.... but.... If you take out your glasses XD... It looks like a drowzee's head!

Nah, I'm sure it won't. It's too much of a drastic change. No flowers on drowzee at all.

I just noticed something... Drowzee and Hypno can't even learn Dream Eater by level up, and Munma is the Dream Eating pokemon.

Not it would be ironic if that picknicker had a drowzee....no, she didnt.

Xebelleon
June 12th, 2010, 03:47 PM
After you defeat a Lass outside of Rock Tunnel

I thought she was a female Jr. Trainer

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Okay I'm not sure if this thread has been made as of yet;
I was doing a little digging into Hihidaruma, Now my first thoughts on this pokemon were, wow a fire monkey, unoriginal and it's ugly, now I still think its ugly. BUT I don't think its Unoriginal other than its typing. XD I translated the name correctly I believe;

Hi = Fire?
Daruma is a type of doll from Japan where it has 2 discs for eyes and when you fill in one eye it means you start a goal, and when you fill in the other it means you completed the goal. So this is what I have so far..

firefiredaruma. A pic will make this easier to understand.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/hihidaruma.jpghttp://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/daruma.jpg

From the pic of hihidaruma and the daruma doll I notice the patterns on the stomach, and the eyebrows, and ofcourse the monkeyish look of the daruma doll.
I wasn't sure if this was done yet, if it has been please lock this thread :D

Cyndahog
June 12th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Someone do the maths please.
Infernape + Heatran = ???

But yes.
It says on bulbapedia:
hihi = baboon
and hidaruma = body covered with flames.

There's food for thought.

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Someone do the maths please.
Infernape + Heatran = ???

But yes.
It says on bulbapedia:
hih = baboon
and hidaruma = body covered with flames.

There's food for thought.

Oh! I didn't know hih was baboon!
Okay that makes alot more sense, so it links the doll with the two words broken down. Hm this is an interesting pokemon ! Thanks for your addition.

Wurmple
June 12th, 2010, 04:01 PM
in japan the daruma doll is a symbol of luck and encouragement... and hihidaruma's ability is encourage

Cyndahog
Yeah, it's hihi. Minor error. My bad. :p

Indeed. It is interesting. O.O

The doll does bear some resemblence with it though.

Timbjerr
comparisons between Infernape and Hihidoruma are void. Infernape is based on the Sun Wukong while Hihidoruma is based on a Dharma doll. Ironically, the sun Wukong wasn't associated with fire, but Dharma dolls are. I believe there is a certain Buddhist ceremony in which the dolls that have served their purpose in bringing luck are burned so that the spirit within could pass on to the next world.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too well-versed in Buddhism, and that's a quick fact I read on wikipedia. XD

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 04:04 PM
in japan the daruma doll is a symbol of luck and encouragement... and hihidaruma's ability is encourage

I believe the filling in the pupils is the goal, and the doll encourages you to fulfil your goal so you can fill in the other pupil?

Cyndahog
June 12th, 2010, 04:04 PM
comparisons between Infernape and Hihidoruma are void. Infernape is based on the Sun Wukong while Hihidoruma is based on a Dharma doll. Ironically, the sun Wukong wasn't associated with fire, but Dharma dolls are. I believe there is a certain Buddhist ceremony in which the dolls that have served their purpose in bringing luck are burned so that the spirit within could pass on to the next world.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too well-versed in Buddhism, and that's a quick fact I read on wikipedia. XD

I meant that they looked slightly similar, not anything to do with what they are based on.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I just realized today is Saturday. :P So Pokemon Sunday is tomorrow, right? Meaning a possibility of MORE pokemon and even MORE info on the ones we currently know about, right?

Olliee
June 12th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I just thought I would post this as I saw a lot of criticism of Hihidaruma being unoriginal, but I think this shows a lot of originality.

Bluerang1
June 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Well thanks for clearing that up. Saw something like this, not as accurate though, on Serebii. Not I see the creature in a different light, I might not loath it so much. I might even need is as I'm starting with the Grass starter.

Ninja Caterpie
June 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
No matter how awesome that is, Hihi's giant smile still creeps me out.

Co500
June 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I just realized today is Saturday. :P So Pokemon Sunday is tomorrow, right? Meaning a possibility of MORE pokemon and even MORE info on the ones we currently know about, right?

unlikely probably just showing the pokes that were leaked from corocoro and maybe gameplay/battle

MistahDude
June 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Okay I'm not sure if this thread has been made as of yet;
I was doing a little digging into Hihidaruma, Now my first thoughts on this pokemon were, wow a fire monkey, unoriginal and it's ugly, now I still think its ugly. BUT I don't think its Unoriginal other than its typing. XD I translated the name correctly I believe;

Hi = Fire?
Daruma is a type of doll from Japan where it has 2 discs for eyes and when you fill in one eye it means you start a goal, and when you fill in the other it means you completed the goal. So this is what I have so far..

firefiredaruma. A pic will make this easier to understand.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/hihidaruma.jpghttp://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/daruma.jpg

From the pic of hihidaruma and the daruma doll I notice the patterns on the stomach, and the eyebrows, and ofcourse the monkeyish look of the daruma doll.
I wasn't sure if this was done yet, if it has been please lock this thread :D
This is from Pokecharms:
"Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ), the Flaming PokeMon, is a pure fire-type, 1.3m tall, weighs 92.9kg. It has an ability called 'Encourage', and we know eff-all about what it actually does.

If you wonder what it's based on, it's based on a Daruma doll, a toy modeled after Bodhidharma (hence the name, Hi, fire in Japanese, plus Bodhidaruma), founder of the Zen sect of Buddhism. According to Wiki, 'Daruma has a design that is rich in symbolism and is regarded more as a talisman of good luck to the Japanese. Daruma dolls are seen as a symbol of perseverance and good luck, making them a popular gift of encouragement.'. Also, supposedly, at the end of the year, all the Daruma are brought back to the temple they were purchased from for a traditional burning ceremony. "

This is from Bulbapedia:
"Hihidaruma is a portmanteau of the words ヒヒ hihi, baboon, and 火達磨 hidaruma, body covered with flames."

Åzurε
June 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM
It also seems to bear physical resemblance to the lion-dogs that show up so often in sculpture. I don't feel like Googling them right now, so I'm not going to draw connections at the current time.

Stormbringer
June 12th, 2010, 06:18 PM
i like the symbolism and cultural references behind it, but strictly as a pokemon, it just doesnt do it for me. the whole culture-reference fire monkey thing has been done already *cough son goku/infernape*

maybe when i get a chance to use it, ill appreciate it more. but i need to use one in order to be an accurate judge

Kon~
June 12th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Wait, so from Hihidaruma, there's:

Hi - fire
Hihi - baboon
Hidaruma - body covered in flames
Daruma - doll on which appearance and ability is based.

Wow, they really put a lot into those japanese names, don't they! I wonder if there's this many sub-meanings for any other Pokémon...?

Thorns
June 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I did a small analysis on one of the newly revealed pokemon, Giaru.

Here's what I found out:

Giaru
Type: Steel
Species: Gear Pokemon
Abilities: Plus or Minus
Height: 0.3m
Weight: 21.0kg
Physiology: The structure of dual cogs, each cog has it's won face, but only one visible eye as the other is a white x. Each also has a large, circular green nose. The inner face of eac cog is brownish green while the ouside is a bright gray.
Known Move(s): Gear Saucer - Works like Twineedle and Fury Swipes and hits multiple times.
Genders: Genderless

Speculation:
- May have counterpart since it has both Plus and Minus abilities, which infact both correspond to activate in Double Battles only.
- The cogs rely on one another to see properly since they only have one eye each and perhaps even to evolve.
- Gear Saucer might be a Steel Type move.

k0rn3y
June 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not gonna lie that was a waste of time, and i really didnt like the video.

Ravecat
June 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Er, yeah.

Nice attempt, but this would have been more useful as a post in one of the existing threads.

Or at least having posted this video in one of such threads.

melosfox
June 12th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I thought it was interesting. You put much more thought into it than I did. I liked how it looked too, and I can't wait to see if you're right!

cystar
June 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
they look 4000 times better then generation 4

Stormbringer
June 12th, 2010, 08:45 PM
how is this useless? she basically made her own prediction about more 5th gen pokes and was making a valid point about this particular pokemon and its ability, ohhh i dont know, kinda like THIS ENTIRE FORUM HAS BEEN DOING FOR 3 MONTHS. :D

i hope it does evolve into a more complex gear/mechanical pokemon personally. and it needs to stay a pure steel type. because A. mawhile sucks and B. registeel is so broken and overused its rediculous

Haza
June 12th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I love how all of the new Pokemon have new Attacks and/or Abilities!

Luck
June 12th, 2010, 09:49 PM

No. Pokemon Sunday very rarely has Pokemon news before everyone else. They're all usually leaked on CoroCoro or the like, which iirc is usually on Thursday.

they look 4000 times better then generation 4

Hooray, more haters. It's getting fun wondering if they actually hate the 4th generation Pokemon or if they just don't like them because they changed it now it sucks. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks)

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 09:50 PM
What will chiramii evolve into ? I'm scaredHopefully not something fugly and/or useless. I guess it might be available towards the start of the game so to me it seems like it will evolve into a semi-powerful pokemon.
I'm thinking the same - however I think it will serve a Togepi type purpose, just not necessarily given as an egg. Considering the professor has one... it COULD have a Pikachu type role, too. I'm thinking if you help out the professor or something early on, she could ask you to look after her Chiramii or something. I think it could be very rare to find in the wild, or just not found anywhere.

Also noting that it WAS the first non-legendary, non-starter, non-Lucario-type released. (Well, first one of the scans released, but there could be a reason for it.) I think it could be representative of the games - and maybe, like in R/B/Y, in the third version being the starter Pokemon, for those who are indecisive about the current ones. And, as a result, you could obtain the other starters throughout the third game. I dunno, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm thinking a Pikachu/Togepi role, so it will have a good evolution imo. Then again, this is only speculation, but knowing Pokemon, likely.