PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Yoshimi
June 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Wait, is there any confirmation of Chiramii actually being like that? It just seems like a normal pokemon that appears in the wild to me :/
Lucario typed? Well, Zoroark and Zorua are very different from Lucario and Riolu, and I don't see any similarities other than them being bipedal, but I guess that counts.

Forever
June 12th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Well, from featuring in the movies, they'll most likely be like Lucario. Just obtained a different way. Or at least that's the general thoughts.

And comfirmation of Chiramii being the professor's Pokemon? Yes. Everything else is is purely speculation.

Thunderpunch
June 12th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I'm going to be using whatever that crocodile eventually evolves into

Ravecat
June 12th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Because you're right, the entire forum has been doing it for months.

It's a forum.

It's easier and more logical to make a post and read one than to make or read a video.

The point of videos is to demonstrate visual content, not literary.

Serene Grace
June 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Because you're right, the entire forum has been doing it for months.

It's a forum.

It's easier and more logical to make a post and read one than to make or read a video.

The point of videos is to demonstrate visual content, not literary.
...err, what? Isn't it pretty much the same if you post a video with words and posting on PC anyway. I actually think the video concept is fine, as long as he added an explanation as to why he's doing it. He's just making an analysis, so why isn't a video allowed? I mean, the staff made YouTube embedding in posts available for pretty much this reason.

Anyway, to the original poster; this is a pretty interesting video. I like the depth in which you looked at Gear from the little information we got from it. I agree with all your points, especially it's ability. I think that it's going to be 50/50 either way. So half the gears will have plus while the other half will have minus.

Thorns
June 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Ravecat, the video was originally intended for YouTube, but after I saw someone post an analysis about Hihidaruma, I thought I should make one about Giaru.

And since I had already made a video about it, I thought it would be easier to just put my video in my thread for added effect.

The video is just out of pure speculation for what Giaru might be like and how it's design and ability may hint for future evolutions.

I'm sorry if the video did not meet your criteria of what speculation should be like, but at the moment, that's all I could interpret and I hope to be able to speculate more as more info comes in.

Ravecat
June 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I'm not trying to be offensive, I mean no harm in what I say. So as such I have rephrased my original post.

I'm just saying that there's a reason people still produce texts so long after videos were invented, and that is because in this case something like a text would simply be easier for all parties involved.

I am not saying videos aren't allowed, and I would appreciate it if I wasn't taken out of context, thank-you.
I'm simply saying they aren't practical in this scenario, as a post featuring all the text would be much more useful.
Because no, a video and post are not the same. A text can be read at your own pace, and referred to as such, whereas after waiting for a video to load you have to move through the text solely at the rate the video moves.

Also, what if everybody did this? The forums would be flooded with Video "Analysis" of every Pokémon, and would be seen as nothing more than spam.
Threads exist for a reason, and at most why couldn't this have just been posted in one of the existing speculating/analyzing threads?
As a moderator you should understand this, Serene Grace. Though I doubt you will at this point, as even if you read this post and it makes sense to you this discussion will continue out of spite.

Simply impractical.

Thorns
June 13th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Well like you like, I will convert the video into text as soon as I can.

I just thought the video made it more unique and something different.

Ravecat
June 13th, 2010, 12:04 AM
No, please do not change the way you do things because of something I have said. I was just sharing my opinion on the fact videos are an overly complicated means of sharing text.

I just think that if you do wish to make a video, it doesn't deserve its own thread anymore than a textual analysis would.

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I'm not trying to be offensive, I mean no harm in what I say. So as such I have rephrased my original post.

I'm just saying that there's a reason people still produce texts so long after videos were invented, and that is because in this case something like a text would simply be easier for all parties involved.

I am not saying videos aren't allowed, and I would appreciate it if I wasn't taken out of context, thank-you.
I'm simply saying they aren't practical in this scenario, as a post featuring all the text would be much more useful.
Because no, a video and post are not the same. A text can be read at your own pace, and referred to as such, whereas after waiting for a video to load you have to move through the text solely at the rate the video moves.

Also, what if everybody did this? The forums would be flooded with Video "Analysis" of every Pokémon, and would be seen as nothing more than spam.
Threads exist for a reason, and at most why couldn't this have just been posted in one of the existing speculating/analyzing threads?
As a moderator you should understand this, Serene Grace. Though I doubt you will at this point, as even if you read this post and it makes sense to you this discussion will continue out of spite.

Simply impractical.
I didn't mean mine in any bad way either.. XD; I was just noting that videos are allowed to be posted, as long as there is some discussion that will come out of it. If you read the rules of the forum I moderate, Pokemon General, you can see that I posted that myself as I do know the amount of spam that can come out of YouTube only threds.

I'm not a spiteful guy, so no hard feelings dude.

Ravecat
June 13th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Well cool, I'm glad that's... er... cleared up I think. I didn't mean you in particular were a spiteful person, but from my prior experience with staff at this site and sites like it. . .

But maybe for the benefit of all parties this could be the "Giaru Analysis/Speculation Thread" or some such?

I would like to participate in that. :3

Thorns
June 13th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, that's what i thought it would be.

Analysis means examining and preidcting so I guess it is both informal and speculating.

P.s, I put my ideas in text form.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 13th, 2010, 03:05 AM
I wonder if the other new Pokemon ahead is also a Pokemon reference from a years ago?
But still, it does make a sense when that Lass said something like that! It's like a sign of a future Pokemon! Or maybe just an accident anyway...But still, If Shellos and Gastrodon were originally for RSE, Why don't they add them to the 3rd gen anyway?! I think Munna won't be the only one from 15 years back to 5th gen! Maybe there will be a few Pokemon that were created from a long time ago...or Maybe they make a 1.000 Artworks of Pokemon on a purpose. I mean, When they're ran out of idea, They can use the old artwork! Maybe~:) But that's a quite brilliant idea to me...

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 13th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I think I would prefer Shimama and Hihidaruma in my team! I like a Wild looking Pokemon! And Shokotan's word finally came to be true eh? Good then!

Serene Grace
June 13th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I like the weather status on the touchscreen; hopefully it means that weather is going to be further utilized or enhanced in these forthcoming games. (:

Nintendork15
June 13th, 2010, 03:50 AM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon3.jpg
Kinda looks like a Oppostie version of magnamites

Lady Gaga
June 13th, 2010, 04:07 AM
I love this theory (and it is making me like this Pokemon a lot too)! I really do think Munna was one of those scraped ideas, revisted for this generation. It does kind of fit the idea of ""rebirth of Pokemon". I could totally see Munna drawn by Sugimori, all Gen 1 like, very faded and simple, like the old Sugimori drawings used to be like...this excites me, but we will never know ;3

cystar
June 13th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Thank god i wasnt the only one to notice it

cystar
June 13th, 2010, 04:28 AM
No. Pokemon Sunday very rarely has Pokemon news before everyone else. They're all usually leaked on CoroCoro or the like, which iirc is usually on Thursday.

Hooray, more haters. It's getting fun wondering if they actually hate the 4th generation Pokemon or if they just don't like them because they changed it now it sucks. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks)
Nah i acually luved platinum but i just hated dimond and peral and most of the pokmeon

Kinda looks like a Oppostie version of magnamites
U agree with me i got ridiculed when this thread first came out for posting that

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
June 13th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I have to admit, all the Pokemon I didn't like that much before are growing on me.

That's suprising, because Gear was tremendiously horrible to me, But I kinda like it now.

JackGamer
June 13th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Oh my.
I actually love Shimama. :]

giradialkia
June 13th, 2010, 05:19 AM
It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

My thoughts exactly. Same kind of snout and such, and it's a dream-eater. Although the colours don't seem to relate to Drowzee, and the flowers definately don't. But it is a Dream Eater Pokemon, which is almost screaming Drowzee, so... Wait and see, I guess.

Fiery Dash
June 13th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Maybe they were planning to put Munma in Gen I, but they think she didn't measure up with the other Pokemon so they leave her and wait for the right time... Similarly to Shellos/Gastrodon, they planned to be add in Gen III.

Cheesymitten
June 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I'd just like to quickly say, the new pokemon revealed in d/p/pt were the early pokemon you got in the game were they or were they not?

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Now, the female Professor, I think people were making Predictions about this happening before the games were even announced! I like the idea, she seems much more different, and should fit nicely with the storyline, who knows what lies ahead for us! I also like the look of the new Pokedex, and the Vending machine Idea is a nice little tidbit! :)

Vegeta™
June 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon-better.jpg (http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon-better.jpg)

LOOKS SO CUTE !!

Yeah cute :) definitely going to be a part of my team :)

Crysta Blade
June 13th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Put me down as another one who wants a Chiraamii. Hope it can evolve; put Technician to even better use (it's a great Ability).

Nikorasu
June 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon5.jpg

Ok gamefreak, you messed this one up.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon4.jpg

Hmm, wait, is this starly?

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon2.jpg
I don't know where to start with this one >.<

WHAT? YOU THOUGHT GEARS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR A POKEMON

I'm not looking forward at the future...

BUT! the other ones look epic :D

Volroc
June 13th, 2010, 08:39 AM
wheres the eyes on the gears? i cant tell people i got lost.........

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Hmm, wait, is this starly?

I fail to understand how people find similarities between THIS (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/f3/Mamepato.png) and THIS (http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/af/396Starly.png) apart from the fact that they are small birds with some white on their body....come on !!..Mamepato is a pigeon and looks nothing like a starling

Charmageddon
June 13th, 2010, 08:45 AM
First things first, love the female Prof. It's about time. Now, onto those Pokemon...

Chiramii - Cute, but looks to be just another Pachirisu. Yawn. I'm not averse to cute but weak critters, but GF pull out the same template every time and it's getting very boring.

Munna - Ew. A real eyesore. The "forehead" sticks out too far, the eyes are too far back and the legs are too small for its body. The floral pattern is awful, the thing looks like a piggy-bank. Also, a psychic pig? Spoink says hi, and would like to point out that he's way more awesome.

Gear - Hmm. OK I guess, looks to be quite similar to Magnemite in concept. Not the prettiest Pokemon, but an evolution to be well-done and it's nice to see a little bit of imagination.

Mamepato - Probably the best looking of the new lot, but certainly the most lacking in creativity. A Normal-Flying weak bird, in the Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly mold. Yawn. Still, at least it looks alright.

Hihidaruma- OH SWEET MOSES WHAT IS THAT??!?!? It's simply... horrific is the kindest word I can use. It's the bastard, inbred lovechild of Infernape and Heatran. Everything about it looks deformed and out of proportion. The ugliest Pokemon I have ever seen, for sure.

Shimama - Cool name, awful design. It just looks so... fake. Pokemon, IMO, should look like the could exist in the wild. This thing looks like it came straight off the shelves of Toys R Us. And its ear looks really strange and out of place.

Meguroko - My first reaction was "ugly", but looking at it again, I think I quite like it. The "goggles" are a nice touch, perhaps the stripes could be more naturalistic and less blocky, but I can live with that. Differentiates itself from Totodile well enough. The best of the (bad) bunch.

nikoliberty123
June 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Besides the bird and alligator they look pretty bad :(.......but hey are just a couple and low level pokemon so we'll see.....

A Pixy
June 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I must say, it's Pidgey equivelant is SO BLAND, I swear to god they didn't try anything. It looks like Starly if you took away everything that made it even remotely unique.

The others are okay, I like those gear things. Reminds me of Magneton.

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Strangely, Chiramii tends to grow on me everytime I see it, but it already seems so overused, that it really doesn't boost my intentions to use it. So far, Meguroko and Munna are still my favourite of the bunch. :)

DoctorFred
June 13th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Chiramii - 7/10 cute. And i don't say that very often. 8D
Munna - 1/10 Ugly. Pink blob with stubby legs and retarded floral pattern.
Gear - 7/10 rip-off of Magnemite. I like it though.
Mamepato - 9/10 Nice. A pigeon version of Starly.
Hihidaruma - 0.5/10 What the hell is it. Whatever it is, it's hideous.
Shimama - 0.5/10 ......no comment.....
Meguroko - 8/10 Cool. Looks like a combination of Hippopotas and Croconaw.

Sleet
June 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I want a team full of the Zebra looking one <3

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 09:47 AM
now, what would happen if Munna was like the strongest pokemon ever?????

EDIT: i'm being sarcastic here, duh! stop criticizing me for a little joke.

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 09:50 AM
ah u mean like magikarp ??

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 09:52 AM
don't forget the all powerful bidoof....

Forever
now, what would happen if Munna was like the strongest pokemon ever?????

Mewtwo and Arceus exist for a reason.

Plus a few others. Also people thought this about the water starter so...

SargeantMajorKururu
Time for SMK to evaluate the Isshu region Pokemon! <3

Chiramii - Okay, this thing is pretty cute, and I would want one, but it seems way too popular for me to get. 7.5/10

Munna - My least favorite. It looks like a piggy bank, but I think it's a callback to Generation 1 and it may even be a Drowzee baby. At any rate, I don't like it as much as any of the others. 3/10

Gear - This one's okay. It's got two kinda cute faces, which makes me laugh when I see it. 7/10

Mamepato - It's kinda strange to me. It's a little bland, but it could grow on me if it has cool evolutions. 5/10

Hihidaruma - Probably my second favorite of the Isshu Pokemon. Of course, you can see my first favorite by looking at my avatar. Anyways, I really like this dude. Creepy smile and blank eyes make it greatness. 9/10

Shimama - This one's...strange. I kinda like it, but I never really got into electric Pokemon. I think this guy will have some cool evolutions. 7.5/10

Meguroku - Also a great Pokemon. He looks like he's wearing goggles, like he pilots an airplane. :P I will probably get one. 8/10

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Mewtwo and Arceus exist for a reason.

Plus a few others. Also people thought this about the water starter so...

i was joking. plus lucario is the strongest pokemon ever so meh. :cool:

Ravecat
June 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I have absolutely fallen in love with both the Pigeon and the Gears. They are beautiful and will rightfully own a spot on my team.

Especially if Gear evolves into something badass, like Magneton.

Forever
June 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
i was joking. plus lucario is the strongest pokemon ever so meh. :cool:
I noticed! Just before people start believing it D:

Though it would be a strange turn of events...

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 10:01 AM
I have absolutely fallen in love with both the Pigeon and the Gears. They are beautiful and will rightfully own a spot on my team.

Especially if Gear evolves into something badass, like Magneton.

I second that...when 4th gen pokemon came people were like " OMG they are so complex" and now people are like "OMG that starly ripoff is so plain"..WTH.!!.stop compairing it with starly...it's pigeon for god sake and looks nothing like a starling..It's too awesome to be compared with starly

SargeantMajorKururu
June 13th, 2010, 10:04 AM
stop compairing it with starly...it's pigeon for god sake and looks nothing like a starling..It's too awesome to be compared with starly

Exactly! I also hate when they compare Mijumaru to Piplup. One's a penguin and one's a sea otter. Is it because they both have stumpy arms? Or big heads??? I don't think they look anything alike...

Bamboo Basara
June 13th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I'm excited to catch a Meguroko and Shimama. :)
I don't understand why Mamepato is getting so much hate. He's the only bird Pokemon I've ever liked. Seriously, I think the Starly line is hideous, and don't even get me started on Spearow...

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 10:05 AM
I noticed! Just before people start believing it D:

Though it would be a strange turn of events...

agreed. maybe i should have let that one boil a bit longer.......
but, what if he really is stronger than the rest of them?
this time i'm serious....

juanhbk1
June 13th, 2010, 01:56 PM
My team as of now is Tsutaja, Hidamura, Shimana and Mamapeto.

Harmony
June 14th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Chiramii is sooo cute! And I can't help but seeing Shimama evolving into like some amazingly badass electric type, so both of those will most likely be on my team!
I don't care much for the others right now tho. :(
That ape thing looks a bit scary rofl. I can see it being on Ash's team tho.

Jerme
June 14th, 2010, 04:40 PM
will the game still be stuck on a x,y grid? can we walk freely like the GB zeldas?

SargeantMajorKururu
June 14th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Chiramii is sooo cute! And I can't help but seeing Shimama evolving into like some amazingly badass electric type, so both of those will most likely be on my team!
I don't care much for the others right now tho. :(
That ape thing looks a bit scary rofl. I can see it being on Ash's team tho.

Yeah, I could see that too. Either that or on Brock's team. Then the girl has Chiramii...
I'm also expecting Ash to get a Mamepato.

SodeNoZangetsu
June 14th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I am absolutely IN LOVE with Chiramii and Mijumaru. They are some of the cutest Pokemon I've seen--though Shinx is still pretty high up there... and Eevee... can't forget about him. I am finally going to break my fire starter cycle with Mijumaru just because I like him so much. Pokabu's cute, but... my mind is set.

Now... that gorilla-looking thing completely creeps me out and will be bringing me nightmares for a while. What were these people on to create such a thing?! Those will definitely be wiped out whenever I encounter one.

The pidgeon isn't too bad and will probably be caught just 'cause it seems like the Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly type that appears early in the game. The piggybank is creepy as well (WTF a flower?!) but the rest of them are pretty decent. Can't complain for the most part. Plus there's still, what, at least 100 more we haven't seen??

Numbers
June 14th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Holy crap, I leave the internet for 4 days and come back only to have my mind blown with all this new info!! I like the new Pokemon except the alligator, but once I see what it evolves into I'm sure I'll change my mind... Hopefully.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I don't really think appearance matters in Pokemon. All of them are unique in their own way. I'm personally fond of Megaruko and Pokabu. They look pretty decent.

Volroc
June 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I don't really think appearance matters in Pokemon. All of them are unique in their own way. I'm personally fond of Megaruko and Pokabu. They look pretty decent.

ya i agree, i mean porygon-Zs eyes creep me out but i still love it, & dunsparce doesnt look like much, but he can kill salamences with 1ice beam

never judge a book by its cover :P

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM
ya i agree, i mean porygon-Zs eyes creep me out but i still love it, & dunsparce doesnt look like much, but he can kill salamences with 1ice beam

never judge a book by its cover :P

Same with Stantler... everyone overlooks them. But they're powerful.

SodeNoZangetsu
June 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Knowing that appearance doesn't matter, that gorilla thing (haven't gotten its name down yet) will probably be a powerful one, but isn't it at least a little creepy??

And hey, Dunsparce is amazing!! :D

SargeantMajorKururu
June 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Now... that gorilla-looking thing completely creeps me out and will be bringing me nightmares for a while. What were these people on to create such a thing?! Those will definitely be wiped out whenever I encounter one.

He's not half as bad as Hypno. He LITERALLY freaks me out. Especially the first time I read THAT (link below) to the melody of Rock-a-bye baby.

http://tdresearchclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=creepypasta&action=display&thread=1434

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Knowing that appearance doesn't matter, that gorilla thing (haven't gotten its name down yet) will probably be a powerful one, but isn't it at least a little creepy??

Hihidaruma? He looks powerful, but judging from his size, I don't think he'll be very fast. Lol, I wouldn't use it, especially since I'm choosing the Fire-type starter.

Volroc
June 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Same with Stantler... everyone overlooks them. But they're powerful.

thats why im tryin to find one,so i can test them out XD

hell ya dunsparce is amazin XD

most likely, but the croc is captured my eyes,im so namin mine after steve irwin XD

SodeNoZangetsu
June 14th, 2010, 05:29 PM

most likely, but the croc is captured my eyes,im so namin mine after steve irwin XD

LMAO! RIP Steve Irwin. Bet he never imagined someone would name a Pokemon after him. XD

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 05:31 PM
LMAO! RIP Steve Irwin. Bet he never imagined someone would name a Pokemon after him. XD

I was thinking of naming the croc Everglade or something. I'll probably think of something more clever while I'm sleeping, lol.

Haha, I'd trade you a Stantler if my Wi-Fi was working. It's only Lvl 15, but still... You don't own HG or SS, do you?

Volroc
June 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
ive seeen soooooooooooo many totodiles named steve, im sure they were homages to steve irwin XD lol

I was thinking of naming the croc Everglade or something. I'll probably think of something more clever while I'm sleeping, lol.

Haha, I'd trade you a Stantler if my Wi-Fi was working. It's only Lvl 15, but still... You don't own HG or SS, do you?

not yet,only Diamond& Platinum right now :(

i really hope the croc gets only 1evolution, but the evolution is as strong as a 2nd stage one ^_^

Mujahid
June 14th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hey has anyone translated chiramii's pokedex entry yet ???...We have petty clear screen shots so it won't be that hard.

Hibaru
June 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I wonder when will the New video come out...I wanna see the New Pokemons in action.

Myles
June 15th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Hey has anyone translated chiramii's pokedex entry yet ???...We have petty clear screen shots so it won't be that hard.

Bulbapedia says: "They brush each other with their tails as a greeting. They never fail to groom their tails clean."

juanhbk1
June 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I want a Dolphin pokemon badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

austin00081
June 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
IMO

Chiramii - it's okay, could use a bigger nose, but definitely needs an evolution.
Munna - It's pretty cute, but it needs more of a face.
Gear - it's definitely cooler than bronzor, but it still seems like someone without an imagination came up with it.
Mamepato - a cute, simple pigeon. It looks similar to starly, but how easy is it to design a bird pokemon that looks different without straying from the features of a bird?
Hihidaruma - i dont even know... i guess its cool that they designed it after a daruma.
Shimama - very cute
Meguroko - this one better have a bad ass evolution

LassLaura
June 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I just realized what that chinchilla reminds me of: http://grandia.wikia.com/wiki/Carro

weavile guy
June 16th, 2010, 04:01 AM
the gears pokemon & the pink 1 look bad, the rest are awsum

Cynder The Bloody Angel
June 16th, 2010, 04:11 AM
oooooooooooh >=( NOT AGIN they all suck !
Game freak dont have any ideas >_> realy i hate all of them

redsaber5859
June 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
i personally hate all but the chinchilla

ComedyQuest
June 16th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I can't imagine any of these pokemon evolving into something useful (Except Mamepato possibly, since he's the "Pidgey" of the Isshu Region).

Pekin
June 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I lol'd at the fire-ape-thing and the piggybank, but the rest look decent. I love the little crocodile/alligator-thing, I'm definitely gonna have that one on my team.

MistahDude
June 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I love Hihidaruma.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/165/b/7/Hihidaruma_sprite_rip_by_Pokemon_Diamond.gif

1) He is a Primate (Hihi means Baboon in Japanese).
2) His grin is hilarious.
3) His Eyebrows are awesome.
4) His ability fits my style of battling (Encourage disables all secondary effects of moves, but boosts up the power of all moves).
5) He is fire type.

I'd just like to quickly say, the new pokemon revealed in d/p/pt were the early pokemon you got in the game were they or were they not?

Chiraamii is number 78 in the Isshu Pokedex:

http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0610/chiraamii-pokedex.png

A pokemon that far down the pokedex wouldn't appear early in the game. You were implying that the new pokemon revealed would appear early, but I doubt they would appear at the first few routes, except for maybe Mamepato.

http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0610/chiraamii-capture.png

Chiraamii is being battled at Lvl 21 by a Lvl 25 Pokabu. Chiraamii won't appear wild until around the 2nd-3rd gym.

Even though I don't have a good enough picture of it, Giaru/Gear was fought at Lvl 25 by a Lvl 29 Tsutaaja/Tsutarja in the scans revealing him as a new pokemon. Which means Gear won't be fought until around the 2nd-3rd gym.

Mamepato was being fought at Lvl 9 by a Lvl 15 Mijumaru. Mamepato will appear early.

Meguroko was being fought in a desert at Lvl 18 by a Lvl 22 Mijumaru. He is in the desert right above Hiun City. This leads me to believe that Meguroko will be found early.

Hihidaruma, Munna and Shimama's levels were never shown during a battle.

LassLaura
June 16th, 2010, 09:35 PM
oooooooooooh >=( NOT AGIN they all suck !
Game freak dont have any ideas >_> realy i hate all of them
In before "BAAAAAAAAW THE NEW POKAYMANS SUCK BECAUSE THEY'RE NEW GAME FREAK IS OUT OF IDEAS"... oh wait.

Just give it time. I hated that retarded otter thing but now that little freak's growing on me (i'll probably still pick the fire piggie though).

mehappy
June 17th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I'm not really a big fan of the new Pokémon as a whole, it seems like its ventured way too far from the original R/B/Y series Pokémon.
Each individual new Pokémon seems cool, but looking at them as a whole they are very different from the original 151.
/nogalstic

GlitchCity
June 17th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I should probably explain this. Okay this morning I was looking for tag lines for a summer school project, and I was looking through my leafgreen version talking to trainers to find a good quote. On route 10 (FR/LG only) there's this picknicker and here's what she says:

"The POKeMON here in the mountains are so chunky... I wish there were pink POKeMON with a floral pattern!"
-PICKNICKER CAROL from pkmn FR/LG

I just wanted to point that out lol. That sounds very similar to the dream eater pokemon Munna. Maybe we should pay more attention to what the trainers are saying in the games more.

Insane85
June 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
That could just be a random line, I doubt they knew what pokemon would go in this gen back then. They have a massive amount of designs at any point, and there would probably be one fitting this description regardless.

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I should probably explain this. Okay this morning I was looking for tag lines for a summer school project, and I was looking through my leafgreen version talking to trainers to find a good quote. On route 10 (FR/LG only) there's this picknicker and here's what she says:

"The POKeMON here in the mountains are so chunky... I wish there were pink POKeMON with a floral pattern!"
-PICKNICKER CAROL from pkmn FR/LG

I just wanted to point that out lol. That sounds very similar to the dream eater pokemon Munna. Maybe we should pay more attention to what the trainers are saying in the games more.
We're trying to keep all the talk about these new Pokémon in their announcement thread to avoid clutter, so I merged your Munna thread in. n_n

Insane85
June 17th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I absolutely love the Zebra and Crocodile, if the croc evolves well, with good stats, there is no way it won't be in my Sandstorm team, and I just like another Motor Drive pokemon

MartinJF
June 17th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I dont Think Shimama, Gear or Hihidurama will evolve... Sadly... They might have a pre-evo though (except gear)

SargeantMajorKururu
June 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Chiraamii is number 78 in the Isshu Pokedex:

http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0610/chiraamii-pokedex.png

A pokemon that far down the pokedex wouldn't appear early in the game. You were implying that the new pokemon revealed would appear early, but I doubt they would appear at the first few routes, except for maybe Mamepato.

http://pokebeach.com/content/games/black-white/prerelease/0610/chiraamii-capture.png

Chiraamii is being battled at Lvl 21 by a Lvl 25 Pokabu. Chiraamii won't appear wild until around the 2nd-3rd gym.

Bringing this up, I have just concluded something. There are mountains in Isshu, right? Well, the montainous place is probably where the 2nd or 3rd gym is. Because chinchillas are naitive to the Andes Mountains, so they will probably appear there.

SpawnHyuuga
June 17th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Well we all know Ash will get a Mamepato at some point...he always gets the bird and keeps it with him throughout his travels.

I can see Ash going for Tsutaaja, he's really on a roll with grass-types. He'll probably pick up the others eventually though, too.

The girl of the anime? Whomever she is, I think I heard it's not "White" - will probably go for Mijumaru because of his plushie-ness. xD

I also think I heard they're dropping Brock either for awhile or forever. I hope neither, the anime is crap and his being a pervert is the only thing that makes me watch it. I could see Brock getting the ape-creature and it charging or punching him everytime he's being a pervert though. xD

Haza
June 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I've warmed up to Gear/Giaru now meaning that I officially love every Pokemon of this generation so far.

valor555
June 17th, 2010, 07:18 PM
i don't know if this was previously stated but because Munna is the "dreameater" pokemon is it possible possible it's a prevo for drowzee? i hope i want the only to think this 0.o

Astinus
June 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
i don't know if this was previously stated but because Munna is the "dreameater" pokemon is it possible possible it's a prevo for drowzee? i hope i want the only to think this 0.o
Yeah, someone else already mentioned that a while ago. People think it's not because it's pink and covered with flowers while Drowzee's yellow and brown. But we'll have to wait and see. I'd say it's not likely, but I'm not secure in that opinion either way.

Each individual new Pokémon seems cool, but looking at them as a whole they are very different from the original 151.
idk. Isn't that good, though? I mean, Isshu's far from Kanto, so I'd hope the local critters would be different in some ways.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM

I've mentioned this on several occasions. I think it IS a prevo for Drowzee, but maybr not. Maybe because a cute little girl wanted this Pokemon in Gen 1, it will be different. Although the similarities are quite large.

Le Creep!
June 18th, 2010, 05:09 PM
OMG I love it already.

I'm so going to catch it when I get White/Black, and then train it.. I hope it doesn't have any evolutions.

Anyone else like it?

Agent Clank
June 18th, 2010, 05:11 PM
^Yeah its a very cool pokemon.
I'll probably get one too!

Calder
June 18th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'm boxing my starter (Water Clown Prob) for a Chiramii...

Ryu Hoshi
June 19th, 2010, 10:32 AM
My first reaction to them when i saw them were negative.I know a new york pigeon when i see one.and infernape doesn't need a cousin.But I think over time everyone that has a initial negative reaction to the new gen will slowly get over and start to like them.as every other generation.Out grown it but its still fun to watch what design they decide to come up with next to try and keep the gravy train sort to speak going.

Angelroid
June 19th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I'm boxing my starter (Water Clown Prob) for a Chiramii...

Boxing your starter, Is as low as you can get.

Adventure
June 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM
My first reaction to them when i saw them were negative.I know a new york pigeon when i see one.and infernape doesn't need a cousin.But I think over time everyone that has a initial negative reaction to the new gen will slowly get over and start to like them.as every other generation.Out grown it but its still fun to watch what design they decide to come up with next to try and keep the gravy train sort to speak going.

True. But that bird looks too much like Starly.

pokewebsites
June 19th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Personally, the bird one is the best of them all... the rest look really bad in my opinion.

smellybellysrock
June 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Want.

dithyrambos
June 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM

Want.

Agreed. I'm catching/using the first one I see.

SkieTheKitsune
June 19th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Boxing your starter, Is as low as you can get.
Ahh, come on, it's not that bad. :P

Polizard
June 20th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Ahh, come on, it's not that bad. :P
NO its MEAN boxing ur starters is a HORRIBLE thing to do lol no matter what always keep my starters through out the entire game

Haza
June 20th, 2010, 01:39 AM
The animation made me fall in love with all of them. Chiramii is the only one so far other than Zorua to have as boring animation. Gear looks awesome and Smimama is awesome! I'm sort of more excited to see the past Pokemons animations than I am to see the rest of the new Pokemon in general!

LassLaura
June 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Postan for relevance.
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee342/YomiYagami/temp/1274136612890.png

dithyrambos
June 20th, 2010, 06:14 PM
NO its MEAN boxing ur starters is a HORRIBLE thing to do lol no matter what always keep my starters through out the entire game

...For me, the general trend has been to box my starters. xD I just like variety? I love your avatar&signature, by the way.

SkieTheKitsune
June 20th, 2010, 06:18 PM

See, I really don't believe that. The way I see it, boxing your starters really means that you're making room for another Pokémon to join your team of awesomeness, which means that you have one more soldier to add to your ranks. If you keep your Starter in a PC box it's like he's sitting in his top-secret headquarters, keeping tabs on all the new recruits. :3

Don't ask me why I think of it like this, I'm just crazy. :P Plus you can always take it back out, it's not like it's a big deal or anything.

Myles
June 20th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Postan for relevance.

Whoever wrote that is obviously blind. Not to mention forgetting the fact that people still find Chiramii cute.

Migueliscool
June 20th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Im liking the lizard and horse looking ones. Those are the only ones that seem like they would evolve into something more powerful and cooler

southharmon
June 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM
i like the alligator best so far. i'm getting the grass starter. and i also like the chinchilla but i don't think it is worth all of the hype it's getting. i also like the aspect of the electric zebra even though i probably won't use it on my team and i also like the psychic piggy bank thing. and i mean Gear the gear pokemon, what more could you want?

Haza
June 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I'm hoping that Zapbra (my name for Shimama) will get an evolved forme... it reminds me of an Electric Ponyta counterpart.

SargeantMajorKururu
June 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM
I don't really that comic up there. I've been with pokemon since it started. I'm 14. Yeah, I remember training up a Drowzee, thinking it was the awesomest thing ever, teaching it Headbutt which magically killed anything. But that isn't the point. I thibk Pokemon are still cool, and a lot of these new ones are cute. Especially Mijumaru, Shimama (even though I won't use him), Chiramii (I won't use this one either), Meguroko, etc.

markywoodin91
June 21st, 2010, 09:50 AM
pokemon is pokemon. no matter how lame or cool they seem i will always play.

Storm_has_formed
June 21st, 2010, 10:02 AM
Well we all know Ash will get a Mamepato at some point...he always gets the bird and keeps it with him throughout his travels.

I can see Ash going for Tsutaaja, he's really on a roll with grass-types. He'll probably pick up the others eventually though, too.

The girl of the anime? Whomever she is, I think I heard it's not "White" - will probably go for Mijumaru because of his plushie-ness. xD

I also think I heard they're dropping Brock either for awhile or forever. I hope neither, the anime is crap and his being a pervert is the only thing that makes me watch it. I could see Brock getting the ape-creature and it charging or punching him everytime he's being a pervert though. xD
just no contests please... they get annoying, and i want to see the new girl do gym battles. That way she and Ash can face off in the finals! :)

Thorns
June 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Has anyone noticed the similarities between KoHagurumon (Digimon) and Giaru (Gear)?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091125055004/digimon/images/f/f3/KoHagurumon_b.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:KoHagurumon_b.jpg)http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/26/Giaru.png/180px-Giaru.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Giaru.png)

SargeantMajorKururu
June 21st, 2010, 11:36 AM
Has anyone noticed the similarities between KoHagurumon (Digimon) and Giaru (Gear)?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091125055004/digimon/images/f/f3/KoHagurumon_b.jpg (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:KoHagurumon_b.jpg)http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/26/Giaru.png/180px-Giaru.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Giaru.png)

Yes, several opeople have. But Hagurumon is a better example.

Thorns
June 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I actually made a video comparison of Giaru and Hagurumon on YouTube (The only one, may I add), but KoHagurumon looks more like Giaru, that's why I choose ethat one to suggest.

Masterge77
June 21st, 2010, 03:08 PM
I am mad at Nintendo for making Zorua an event only Pokemon, now I will probably never get one, thanks a f***ing lot Nintendo!

MistahDude
June 21st, 2010, 03:16 PM

It depends on the movepools for me. If I like a pokemon I can catch later better than my starter I will use the later pokemon instead.

I will proly start with Pokabu and replace it with Hihidaruma.

How long was it until the entire Pokédex got leaked in Gen IV?

I bet you all of its revealed in July

why is mun'na levitating ??..it doesn't have the ability..i think it's an attack

It was shown recently that it levitates while in battle. It would make sense because its a Pyschic type

Ooooh, 3 new pokemon. All looking kinda awesome...

Gorilla (Hihidaruma), Fire
Horse (Shimama), Electric
Alligator (Meguroko), ground/dark

Apparently.

All new pokemon look to be shaping up nicely.

Hihi = Baboon
Hi = Fire
Hidarma = Body covered in flames

I'm guessing Munna is a Drowzee pre-evo,it is a psychic,dream eating elephant >;3

Munna is a tapir

Drowzee isnt an elephant

Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) is the Flaming Pokemon, a Fire-type. Its ability is "Encourage." It is 1.3m tall and weighs 92.9kg.
Shimama (シママ) is the Charged Pokemon, Electric, and has "Lightningrod" or "Motor Drive" as its abilities. It has a new attack called "Wild Volt," which does a lot of damage but also hurts the user. It is 0.8m tall and 29.8kg...OMG !!..wild volt is like a stronger version of volt tackle..Awesome
Meguroko (メグロコ) is the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, a Ground / Dark type. Its abilities are Intimidate and "Earthquake Spiral," the latter of which raises its Attack stat when it knocks out a Pokemon..earthquake spiral is an awesome ability

Its ability is Overconfidence actually. Shimauma means Zebra, so they just got lazy and took off one letter.

There is a new feature called Random Match, which you can access from the Global Terminal inside Pokemon Centers. It will allow players to randomly battle other players over the Internet. It then says that you can upload your Black and White save file to the Internet, though for what purposes we do not know at this time.

Taken from Pokebeach.

Finally they add that in. Ive been waiting for them to do that since PBR.

This is looking pretty awesome. I'm particularly fond of the Zebra. Also, I'm wondering if the Crocodile is going to be an alternative evolution of Hippopotas.

Why would a Hippo turn into a croc?

Haza
June 21st, 2010, 03:41 PM
The Pokedex won't be release in it's entirety until the game is... just like every generation. Hopefully someone will get it ahead of time.

Calder
June 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah and I'm hoping it evolves into something like Hagurumon X.... xD

Nah Satoshi is def going to get Pokabu... his Rival is gonna have Tsutaaja because the Rival is always Renegade like Tsutaaja is...and Yes the girl will have Mijumaru... Here is my guess on all the new Pokemon...Black is the Rival and White is the Female ally in this case...Satoshi and Takeshi are Ash and Brock respectfully...

Tsutaaja: Black
Pokabu: Satoshi
Mijumaru: White
Chiramii: White
Munna: White (Uncaptured?)
Gear: Black or Takeshi (Uncaptured?)
Mamepato: Satoshi
Hihidaruma: Takeshi
Shimama: Uncaptured?
Meguroko: Satoshi, Black, or Takeshi (Uncaptured?)
Zorua: Movie Appearance (w/ Zoroark?)
Zoroark: Movie Appearance (w/ Zorua?)
Reshiram: Movie Appearance w/ Zekrom
Zekrom: Movie Appearance w/ Reshiram

AceDragonite
June 21st, 2010, 08:03 PM
munna's evo will be kill to use and impossible to defeat.
I can see the game going "Pokabu is confused" time after time when i fight a psychic Gym leader of E4 with a munna or munna evo

Agreed. I'm catching/using the first one I see.

omg i will have mild seizures if Munna evolves into drowzee, (I've decided not to get the guide, because its more exciting that way)

Drowzee is the ugliest, worthless pokemon ever. The only Pokemon I hate as much as drowzee is hypno

Munna is cute, packed with pontential, and has a cool story to it.

PLZ nitnendo don't do it!!!!!!!!!

Astinus
June 21st, 2010, 08:41 PM
Munna is a tapir

Drowzee isnt an elephant
Drowzee is based off the baku, which is Japanese for both the dream-eating spirit and the tapir. Since we're talking Digimon here, that's why Tapirmon's Japanese name is Bakumon.

Drowzee is the ugliest, worthless pokemon ever.
Luvdisc? Feebas? Metapod that only knows Harden and can't evolve? Heck, Magikarp is more worthless than Drowzee. Drowzee's not horrible for a Psychic-type, though there are better ones out there.

Besides, it's still not certain whether Munna will evolve into Drowzee or not. There are similarities between them, but there are similarities between various other Pokemon that don't evolve into each other. We're just going to have to wait and see, but while waiting, there's no point in insulting everything.

It's GAME FREAK, btw, who designs the Pokemon and games. Nintendo simply publishes them.

Ryu Hoshi
June 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM
Postan for relevance.

I think thats depending on the person as supposed to age. someone not liking something at an older age doesn't automatically mean they would love it if they were younger.just a matter of personal preference.example.I like Zorua and i like shinmama and even the fire starter that's a pig.design wise.I don't really like munna or the new fire monkey.but that's something that wouldn't change even in younger years.Didn't like jynx when i was a kid.still hasn't changed.

SodeNoZangetsu
June 22nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
I don't care how many Pokemon they come out with I will always love it. :) I grew up with Pokemon. I don't think there will ever come a time where I stop liking it. Well... maybe when I'm forty... -.-;

Speaking of which... I think I'll have a Pokemon marathon with my friend right now!!!

raging lion
June 23rd, 2010, 02:33 AM
I'd love to see Munna evolving into a Mammoth like Pokemon with a gem on its head.
But a Mammoth with psychic abilities is a bit strange. However I'd like to see that

Arolu
June 23rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
This is probably going to be my second most favourite Generation after Generation 3. I can tell there will be some really strong and good looking Pokemon coming along soon

Goombachu
June 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
I like the Grass starter, I hope it evolves into some Grass/Dragon

I really want the Crocodile, it looks cute and ferocious

ChronicEdge
June 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Zekrom actually seems pretty ballin'. I think we're overdue for a Dragon/Electric Type. Tsutaja's kinda cool, in a Pink Panther sort of way. Other than that, I'm underwhelmed. Particularly by that damn chinchilla. No, thank you.

Jerme
June 23rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
I'd love to see Munna evolving into a Mammoth like Pokemon with a gem on its head.
But a Mammoth with psychic abilities is a bit strange. However I'd like to see that

http://gamespotting.net/wp-content/uploads/Taj.jpg

remember the days

SargeantMajorKururu
June 23rd, 2010, 08:50 PM

remember the days

I think that's an elephant... -_-'''

brownkidd
June 23rd, 2010, 10:36 PM
Thought this was pretty interesting...
http://albotas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/oldschoolhintingnewschool.jpg

I wonder if the dudes at Game Freak knew had Munna sketched out since the Game Boy days, or if they made it exclusively for B&W based solely on this lil' line of dialogue from the older games.

Storm_has_formed
June 23rd, 2010, 10:41 PM
^ i think that they wanted Muuna in Gen. 1, but didn't put it in for some reason...

Lunyka
June 24th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Maybe they only wanted 150 pokemon per generation but seeing as how they've made more then that now, they feel safe to show it for the new Gen.

Dragonika
June 24th, 2010, 09:08 AM
these look pretty awsome SHIMAMA FTW !!!! :D

raging lion
June 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM

remember the days

Err.....I wish Munna's evolution doesn't look like this!!

The Doctor
June 24th, 2010, 11:34 AM
It would look interesting.

Munna is Evolving....http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/94/Munna.png/180px-Munna.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Munna.png) * Bum, Bum Bum Bum Bum *

Munna Evolved into Psycophant! ( just made that up, pretty good :D )http://gamespotting.net/wp-content/uploads/Taj.jpg

Jerme
June 24th, 2010, 11:39 AM
It would look interesting.

Munna is Evolving....http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/9/94/Munna.png/180px-Munna.png (http://www.pokecommunity.com/wiki/File:Munna.png) * Bum, Bum Bum Bum Bum *

Munna Evolved into Psycophant! ( just made that up, pretty good :D )http://gamespotting.net/wp-content/uploads/Taj.jpg

that's what i used to nickname my drowzees

wobbadude1
July 10th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Hey, I read on the internet that one of the new Pokemon in Gen V (the levitating psychic tapir one with a floral pattern) was actually referenced in Gen I where the girl outside rock tunnel says something along the lines of wishing that there was a light Pokemon with a floral pattern.

This made me wonder- did Nintendo plan this all along or did they just suddenly think of it when brainstorming ideas for Gen V???

Mod note: I merged this thread into another which was already talking about this.

Pokemon Trainer Kevin
July 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
they just suddenly think of it when brainstorming ideas for Gen V???

I'm pretty sure it's this