PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] What can you make out from Isshu?

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
So from the scans, we got an image of the upcoming vast region, Isshu.

Now, from the picture below (gotten from PokeBeach but edited). I highlighted the different sections to the region thus far. what can you make out from the region?

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9573/isshu.jpg

I can see a Ferris wheel! Maybe we can Battle Trainers on there! :D

SargeantMajorKururu
June 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I just hope you don't start near the desert. Sure I want the crocodile pokemon, but if you start there there is a high chance of a Rock type Gym Leader being the first. And I hope that isn't the case, there are too many first Gym Leaders who are Rock to begin with.

Anyways, I hope that the place with the ferris wheel is the new Battle Frontier, but maybe like the "Battle Carnival" or something? That would be good in my eyes.

The ruins in the top left is probably where you get Zekrom or Reshiram. Or maybe that place in the middle...

Uhh...Mountain range...I see a little town in the back there. Maybe a Flying or Rock Gym Leader there? Possibly Ghost or Dragon, even!

I might edit this when I get more ideas.

Hamilton
June 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
well i see Huin, the town with the bridge over the water, and .... a lighthouse :)
i can't see the Factory or the town with the train tracks, but something else that really caught my eye was the fact that there are three islands :)

ElectricScyther
June 11th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Three islands? I only see 2...

Bluerang1
June 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I've highlighted a few more bits like Caves in the mountains. It seems they may be another snow area and a desert. I really do like the PokeBall Lake, very, very creative. This region really does look HUGE! I hope they make do of it's space, as it's seems lots are empty, like those "islands". The ships probably go there, but they seem deserted.

Thunderhead
June 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM
My thoughts on the center land
Well, there is another dessert in the game. (If you count the ruins in R/S/E). I really hope this doesn't turn out like the blizzard in D/P. That was just horrible!

The Hinun(?) City looks as big as it was made out to be. I mean when looking at other screens of other maps, and this map itself. I think that this will be the largest city in the game! I'm pretty sure that this will be a city that you come across several times in the game, and will have a lot of activity. It will probably hold the contests, the game corner, the super PC with the GTS, The Battle Frontier, A Gym, The enemy's base, and a radio tower. These things here would fill up the city, and make it as big as it can get. I also think that the market will appear here too!

Above the dessert seems to be a park of some sort with rides and stuff. I would not be surprised if they used this as a town. It would probley be photo-gentic with all the stuff, and there would be a lot to do. This is also the best place to have a dark gym! Clowns everywhere inside the gym, and the Gym leader is a clown/circus master.

Above this you see a pool of water with an island with a shrine in it. This is one of the places where I give speculation for the legendary apperenced. Maybe not the two cover ones, but the ones that are just in-game. Maybe it'll be the place where you get the 3rd..

North of that there is a town, simple enough. Then there is what seems like a giant marsh. Next to it is a bridge, and a small mountain. I have high suspesion that this will hold the ever so famous Pokemon league. The placement of the league is a bit random compared to where the other leagues where.

Right Side

There isn't much shown here for me to tell.

There seems to be a white mountain behind the text, but I can't say for sure. This could be where the electric cave is! I'm guessing that the player would go through here to get to a town that would be where victory road really starts at.

On the southern side, I see a large forest. I'm guessing this is where that one forest was!

The starter town looks like it can be the one is the lower right, while the secondary town is just to the up-left. Then theres a town in the mid-right which I think will hold the 1st gym. Then, you would either go north through the cave/cross the bridge, to the castle, and over to the city!

Theres a lot of trees.

Left Side.
The town that is connecting with the red drawbridge must be the other port of the world. This town also holds a light house, and will probably resemble other port like city's from the past. (cough olivine cough)

I see a dark red evil cave, some ruins, and maybe a town in the north of the left side, however I can't really make it out what to be.

The big thing I see is all the mountains in the back, which can hold a legendary, go along with the story, be tunnels, or just being there for no real reason.

Thats my thoughts on what I can see/uncovered

Oh yeah: The honny comb place looks like a gym. It could hint off a Bug Gym!

Kenshin5
June 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Three islands? I only see 2...
There is one on the left side and two on the right. With a small chain of mini islands between the two on the right side. From what I can get from it there is two mountain ranges. The shrines as said look like they are on in the top left. Right side seems a be shrouded with the text and clouds so I can make much out of that area. Looks like a pretty good sized desert, probably has an abundant Ground and Rock type pokes in this region due to the two mountain ranges and the desert area.

MistahDude
June 11th, 2010, 12:32 PM
So from the scans, we got an image of the upcoming vast region, Isshu.

Now, from the picture below (gotten from PokeBeach but edited). I highlighted the different sections to the region thus far. what can you make out from the region?

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9573/isshu.jpg

I can see a Ferris wheel! Maybe we can Battle Trainers on there! :D

Meguroko (the crocodile) was shown to be lvl 15 in a desert battle scene. This leads me to believe that we are going to be going through that desert rather quickly.

MartinJF
June 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Then there might be an early ground gym?

Thunderhead
June 11th, 2010, 01:27 PM
^Ground gym, I can do with (as long as its not the first!). Make it like the 3rd gym, and you got something :D

^^Maybe it will have different sections to it. I predicted that it would come up after the town that I speculated being the first gym.

I think that would be cool if you have different sections of the area where you can have different levels of Pokemon.

Well, lv 15 - 20 ish is probably going to near the 2nd or 3rd gym.

GlitchCity
June 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM
its not as big as I would hope to be, but maybe it will seem bigger in gameplay. Yay for more water travel! I hope that there are dive spots in Isshu

Tyrant626
June 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Easy discovery-LOTS of water types~very few fire types.

The ENTIRE place is surrounded by and filled with and built around water.
Plus, it works that way ine every game.

I still think it looks cool.

vietazn654
June 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM
W-w-whoa! Is that Isshu? That's a large region! =o I think this game is gonna be long, if that whole map in Isshu. No need for another region in this game!

22sa
June 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I really can't approve of that 'desert' region.... that's suppose to be where midtown is. But it was anything but sand filled =/

Magmarizer
June 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
This is definatly new york, new york.

If you look on the very bottom of the brooklyn side, there is a small area with only a few homes. That is probaly the starter town, which would mean you travel up to the first gym, which is wooded, so mabye grass, or bug?

some text covers up queens, but i can see an icy reigon. you probaly wont be able to get there. i bet you cross the bridge to huin (manhattan) and thats where the evil team is. you will get your second badge there, and the gym will be steel, electric, or normal. somthing urban.

Then you travel to mid-town manhattan, the desert. there will be a ground or rock gym there, which will be good becuase you can face some devolped rock/ground pokemon.

then travel to the circus city, mabye some cool 3D from the top of the ferris wheel. Get your 4th badge, which will be either psychic or dark. I hope its dark.

Then that connects to new jersey, a port city. Water type of course. this town will be forgetable.

That will connect you to the moutian chain, and there will be a long journy through them, and when you come out on the other side, you end up at a town that looks ritualistic. this will be where you learn about the legendarys, and meet the evil team, and the story starts to pick up.

Cross the bridge into harlem, and face a gym, which will be either grass or bug ( which ever wasnt used for the first.) this will give you the HM to get across the icy moutian.

Back in queens you cross the mountian to get to the last gym, ice type. there you will have to go back to huin to defeat the evil team for the last time, the boss escape, and you catch at the pokeball lake thing in the center, and you defeat him and catch the legendary (just guessing)

The area at the top of new jersey will be a safari zone.

the areas at the very left will be battle fronteirs.

PalkiaSpace
June 11th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I don't have much to say, it just seems like too many enviroments are smoshed together unnatruly on randomly cnnected islands. that shining blue mountain seems completely uot of place, same with that random huge desert brimming Hiun city...
It just seems all that spce is uninhabited...

CuppaJoe
June 11th, 2010, 05:57 PM
This is my first post ever! Unfortunatly, since it is my first post, I cannot put a link to what I have found. So here are directions.

Go to google earth/maps,
find Japan,
look across the Sea of Japan to where N. Korea, China and Russia almost meet together.
There should be a city called Vladivostok. I have a feeling that Vladivostok, Russia is Huin City!!! If you are using Google Earth, then you can rotate the map and get the exact angle that is in the pic posted on serebii.net, otherwise you will just have to trust me. There is no bridge going across the bays next to Vlad, but there is also no cycling road near kanto... There are also some mtns. off to the left of Vlad which are in the pic on serebii.

What do you guys think, have I found it??

Bluerang1
June 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
I really look forward to that PokeBall lake, it's so creative, I'm mesmerized.

Lovely points Thunderhead! Great insight. You too Magmarizer

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I don't have much to say, it just seems like too many enviroments are smoshed together unnatruly on randomly cnnected islands. that shining blue mountain seems completely uot of place, same with that random huge desert brimming Hiun city...

Think of the desert as Las Vegas..surely it looks out of place doesn't it? It will still work, and I'm glad that they at least brought the desert back. But yeah I see what you mean. The other regions climate zones seemed to fit in nicely...Isshu's sort of looks like a mess. It will probably look better in gameplay though.

-----------------------
Well since it appears that Isshu is smaller than the other regions (I assume) I just hope there is much to do. I was hoping for a huge region like Sinnoh or Hoenn but..mehh I'm sort of okay with this.

We will probably start somewhere on the left land formation. The starting town looked rural and this is my best guess of where the 'rural' part of Isshu is at, above and around the mountains..http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9573/isshu.jpg

Also that area above the garden-like area looks like it could be the starting point.

Alyssachu
June 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Ah, that's a great scan! I didn't even know they had the region up yet. It looks awesome. :D

sandeon
June 12th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Ok, in the latest Corocoro scans they have a picture of the reigion of Isshu:
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/sandeon/Isshuregionmapcorocoroscans.jpg

Something I noticed is if you look into the center of this map at a little blue town thing, it looks like there is a Feris wheel on the west side of that town/city. Also on the West side of the map cuddled behind the mountians it looks like a stadium/Battle feild. The center of the map looks like a pokeball, therefore it may be a man made island in the middle of a lake, or a island in the middle of the lake with bridges. Also there are a lot of bridges.

To be a lot more obvious, there is a giant desert, witch I like.

I also believe that this is NOT the whole map of Isshu. I beleive the same thing was done with Sinnoh, released about half of the region first. (At least I think this happened)

So I started this thread to see your oppinion on what has been released of Isshu and to also ask what you see in it too.

Gary Oak FTW
June 12th, 2010, 10:03 AM
I still think the big bridge leading out of the main city is the Golden Gate Bridge.

lx_theo
June 12th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Can anyone find where the starting town would be?

sandeon
June 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Can anyone find where the starting town would be?

I would say that it is the bottom right corner with the red and blue house, or they still have more of the reigion yet to be released with the starting town.

Benjamin510
June 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
It seems... the ferris wheel seems to be a part of a park.... Could we have a Country fair or circus?

Gary Oak FTW
June 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I'm also really looking forward to seeing what the Poke ball lake is gonna do in the games.

Benjamin510
June 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I'm also really looking forward to seeing what the Poke ball lake is gonna do in the games.

Good point.... Could it be the home of the new contests/pokeatlon? Or maybe the resort area of Isshu?

sandeon
June 12th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Could it be the home of the new contests/pokeatlon? Or maybe the resort area of Isshu?
Nice observation, cause to me it looks like there is an arena on that island.

Also i noticed that North to that island, it looks like there is a castle surounded by four buildings that reminded me of the battle frontier in the recent games. Although I hope it is something else.

Blueknight
June 12th, 2010, 11:01 AM
It looks smaller than the other regions. Also, some of the stuff is covered by words.

fireyboy345
June 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I love this region. It has a desert, an industrialized part, an original part, it mountainous on one half, i love the bridges, i just don't see much opportunity to use surf.

Pichu_War
June 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
The thing in the top left hand corner looks like a airport

Bluemoon
June 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM
It might already be the complete map cause icounted the citeis and they have approximately 7 which is im not sure and there are clouds surrounding it... well nit sure

Alberio
June 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Does anyone else kind of see a volcano right up at the top, partially covered by text? It's a bit of a stretch, but that's what I see.

And I see several castle-like buildings... wonder if they're for a side quest?

Masterge77
June 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
The starting town is probably one of the locations covered by moonspeak, on that note, this is probably only part of the region, as I do not see much towns, just Hiun City and about 3 towns, so this is probably only part of the region.....

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Isshu seems really small for an advanced region. What I mean by that is that I don't see many cities or towns really...it sort of just looks more like a hub for wildlife and very few people living there than the most advanced region that the pokemon world has to date.

Love the desert btw, and that pokeball thing in the middle just looks weird to me. Like it just really doesn't fit in.

Dominus Temporis
June 12th, 2010, 01:29 PM
It might already be the complete map cause icounted the citeis and they have approximately 7 which is im not sure and there are clouds surrounding it... well nit sure
Kanto and Johto had ten towns/cities, Hoenn had sixteen, and Sinnoh had fifteen (nineteen counting the three Areas over on the post-game island and the Battle Frontier). So we've got room for a lot more before we can say that's all. Trust me, they only showed part of Sinnoh at first (just as the topic creator posted), so we've got plenty more to go.

mercytest1234
June 12th, 2010, 01:34 PM
The middle might be some sort of Pokemon challenge area.

Or the middle could be a fountain.

It'll be interesting to see what could be done there.

PiPVoda
June 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Kanto and Johto had ten towns/cities, Hoenn had sixteen, and Sinnoh had fifteen (nineteen counting the three Areas over on the post-game island and the Battle Frontier). So we've got room for a lot more before we can say that's all. Trust me, they only showed part of Sinnoh at first (just as the topic creator posted), so we've got plenty more to go.

So you're expecting more towns/cities or possibly a larger map of Isshu to be leaked or revealed when the games come out?

22sa
June 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM
That's not San Francisco. It's New York.

Oh, and I agree this isn't the whole region.... too small.

Dominus Temporis
June 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
So you're expecting more towns/cities or possibly a larger map of Isshu to be leaked or revealed when the games come out?
Well, the guy who I replied to seemed to be saying he thought this was the whole map because there were around seven towns (I assume this has to do with the whole eight-gym tradition), but I was pointing out how there have been more than that from every other generation. I'm expecting there's more to the map than what we've seen in this picture. The regions seem to be getting larger each generation, for the most part. There could be even more than before, but no way are we only getting seven towns.

Sorry, I may have rambled or gone run-on a tiny bit there... I hope that clarified my intent, though?

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
i would expect another giant city. with that 3D camera feature. im pretty sure not only 1 city makes use of it.

edit: matter fact, this might not even resemble the in-game map of isshu that well

Johto
http://img172.imageshack.us/i/johtoanimeva3.jpg/http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/235/johtoanimeva3.jpg

kanto
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g240/theguindo/dexnet/kanto.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kanto/theguindo/dexnet/kanto.jpg

PalkiaSpace
June 12th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Maybe the giant pokeball lake is for a fishing contest? lol

This region seems so uninhabited, and it seems like they forced so many different biomes into one little area. the way the islands are just dosnt look...natural.

Jerme
June 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe the giant pokeball lake is for a fishing contest? lol

This region seems so uninhabited, and it seems like they forced so many different biomes into one little area. the way the islands are just dosnt look...natural.

i agree, i knew something was wrong. just look at the placement of the desert...

Ninja Caterpie
June 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
That hall in the top-left corner... Victory Road. I'll call it now and laugh when I get it wrong. :D

Waffle-San
June 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Yo BlueRang, so I think this map I made might be a little better organizational wise to dissect Isshu.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4783/isshuregionmapcorocoros.png

Here's my friend and mine predictions:

1- To us, this is most likely the Starting Town. It's small, simple and close to everything. And the top building resembles a lab.

2- A barn on a load of concrete?

3- A couple buidling...the second town maybe?

4- Little house and park area? Could be the screen shot of the main character at a vending machine...

5- My friend see's train track, personally I just see a ledge. :P

6- Looks like a church to both of us though whether it has a purpose or not neither of us can decide on. Either that or it's the factory area. There's some sort of pond and bridge next to it...NUCLEAR FISSION FACTORY!! =D

7- Sky Arrow Bridge which we all know but I found it interesting that it curls around at the start. I'm assuming this is where the main character is standing while looking onto Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun (the big city in the background). Also Sky Arrow Bridge looks huge in the screen shot so if thats a sense of the scale...wow...

8- Hiun.

9- Obviously the desert but there appear to be things buried in the sand...

10- Amusement park? It obviously has a ferris wheel and the buildings all look...interesting... I think this is the town that the female protagonist walks across a bridge in as appears in one of the first screenshot.

11- It appears you can walk up to the lake from 10 town but then what's this entrance for?

12- The Park-lake area itself. My friend and I have come to the conclusion that the Pokeball is elevated in some way and has occured naturally.

13- The Draw Bridge and a Lighthouse

14- I have no idea what this is...building? Pagoda? Giant Spider? God I hope not.

15- There's a long line of bridges leading from one ice mountain to the other that goes through the Park-lake area...kind of interesting.

16- Two entrances and it looks as if a waterfall seperates them. Also there's ledges leading up to the left one which almost looks boarded off.

17- Another little cave entrance, don't know how you get there/away from there.

18- Ruin and a dig site? Seems like barren concrete and then some little modern blue building followed by a big old tower (SHOCKER!!). Important? Or just this generations ruins/dead tower?

19- Little stream that might be worth noting...

20- So it looks like a carbon copy of the Ice Mountain to the west, has to mean something.

21- Smudged area...based on the ledges/train tracks below it one would think it has a purpose, and I mean it's smudged!! That always means something!!

22- This area especially intrigues me. The buidling reminds me of that old Dark Castle that Bugs Bunny finds when he gets lost at night. All he wants to do is make a phone call but the Vampire has other ideas. Either way it looks dark and mean, but then there's a majestic waterfall...so I don't know what to think!?!? Then at the top of the page there's letter covering something with a path leading towards it. Battle Frontier area?

23- The path leading to the upper half of 22. Goes up some ledges and across another bridge.

24- Looks to be an old possibly falling apart/in construction bridge.

25- Look tribal no matter what they are, be it buildings, teepees, totems, Easter Head wannabees etc. A pond above it?

26- Couple buidings? We're betting on an underground entrance, the entrance to Victory Road.

27- Victory Road and the Elite 4 Building.

28- Islands. Accessible? Important? Or just random pointless islands like the ones off Cherrygrove?

29- Cool overly circular island. We're pretty sure it's got some sort of point.

30- Tree house/Shrine/Wooded Building. Based on it's position on the map and it's mysterious aspect we're betting this has something fairly important going on, most likely after the plot but who knows.

31- I see a little grey something...smudge? Or the key to the future of our planet? Or...BOTH!?

Little tidbits, places that we thought could be the safari zone are; 28, 29, 30, 25, 18, 12, 15, 20, 21, 22 and maybe 2.

I'm kind of wondering if this is all of Isshu, I mean Hiun's ports are pointing South and I doubt they're just pointing to no where, that defeats the purpose of putting a port city there, especially since the farther north you go, the more of a rustic feel you get. Also I'm thinking this map isn't very preportional, other maps of different regions are generally more detailed overall. This map seems to be designed to show off certain areas and draw attention to Hiun. There's alot more to Isshu than meets the eye in my opinion. :P

umbreon_4_life
June 12th, 2010, 05:45 PM
So, people are saying that the Isshu region is based on New York, right? So there must be more of the region coming soon! It looks tiny, yet huge in some ways... And I think there kinda has to be more of the region; there is more land on the west side of the giant mountain and the picture is cut off at the top. I'm really starting to wonder what the circle of green is in the middle of the picture. And I'm starting to think that the ferris wheel thing is like a Battle Frontier of some sorts... !!! My little twelve-year-old brain hatched an idea!! Yes, the ferris wheel place is somewhat like the Battle Frontier and you have to go somehow around the whole region and into the middle of the circle as a resort-type place for the end of the game. You know, like how in the previous games, you could only get to the frontier after you defeated the E4? Kinda like that, but you need to go around the whole region. Like you start at the southeast corner at the little town there, then go north kinda far, then go west at the very top and then just go around the region, like a maze. I probably sound really crazy right now, right? Yes. Don't laugh at my insane stupid idea. =(

*Gasp* I don't know if this is obvious or not, but there are buildings to the west of the mountains. There have always been a mountain in the previous games, so would this be that mountain, or a Victory Road type mountain with the Pokemon League on the other side of it?

UlvMor
June 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I have to say that with the pokeball lake and random desert the middle part looks really man made rather than natural.
I like that everything seems (it could end up that it's not like that in game)to be fairly spaced out, and also there is no way this can be the whole map I'd be surprised if it was.

Flex_S
June 12th, 2010, 07:15 PM
i just don't see much opportunity to use surf.

Surf is so old and boring now.

Thunderhead
June 12th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, all the regions are either blocked off by mountains or water on the borders.

I'm guessing that they have to show more of the north, and more of the east

I say this because the west has the mountians, the south has water, the southeast has water.

That is my guess.

JakeClowd
June 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Here's what i think. If you look at the very top of the map, benienth the words, there is a brownish streak that gets cut off. I think that it continues on to the half of the map.

Also, to the very left of the mountains is a silver-ish stadium-ish shaped building. I am almost positiv that is the pokemon league.

That island in the middle that everybody is complaining about: I think its something sacred. Possibly a shrine to Reshiram and Zekrom (and ????). Kinda reminds me of the celebi shrine in pokemon colloseum.

LOL. No Idea whatis witht the desert. Mabey a bomb testing gone wrong!!! XD
Ooh. what if you can get pokerus from their. Like its a quaruntine drop zone with with infected pokemon everywhere... Including a new [bad] disease.

On top of that, a new idea; what if your starter city is Hiun City? Like, your house is an apartment building and your rival is in the one next door.... Not a horrible Idea.

Swolligator
June 12th, 2010, 10:38 PM
^
The desert has no disease (im sure), that seems silly.
Huin City is not the starting, they have already shown a screenshot from the starting villiage.
The desert is probably game freaks try at adding a desert into the region like RSE.

ElectricScyther
June 13th, 2010, 06:02 AM
What's in the part with all the Japanese characters? A new town maybe?

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Oh! I love this region, but I really want to know what all that extra space is, perhaps all Dungeons where you can catch Pokemon? Also, I wonder where the starting forest is! Of course, if there even is one. :)

Bluerang1
June 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Yo BlueRang, so I think this map I made might be a little better organizational wise to dissect Isshu.

Here's my friend and mine predictions:

1- To us, this is most likely the Starting Town. It's small, simple and close to everything. And the top building resembles a lab.

2- A barn on a load of concrete?

3- A couple buidling...the second town maybe?

4- Little house and park area? Could be the screen shot of the main character at a vending machine...

5- My friend see's train track, personally I just see a ledge. :P

6- Looks like a church to both of us though whether it has a purpose or not neither of us can decide on. Either that or it's the factory area. There's some sort of pond and bridge next to it...NUCLEAR FISSION FACTORY!! =D

7- Sky Arrow Bridge which we all know but I found it interesting that it curls around at the start. I'm assuming this is where the main character is standing while looking onto Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun (the big city in the background). Also Sky Arrow Bridge looks huge in the screen shot so if thats a sense of the scale...wow...

8- Hiun.

9- Obviously the desert but there appear to be things buried in the sand...

10- Amusement park? It obviously has a ferris wheel and the buildings all look...interesting... I think this is the town that the female protagonist walks across a bridge in as appears in one of the first screenshot.

11- It appears you can walk up to the lake from 10 town but then what's this entrance for?

12- The Park-lake area itself. My friend and I have come to the conclusion that the Pokeball is elevated in some way and has occured naturally.

13- The Draw Bridge and a Lighthouse

14- I have no idea what this is...building? Pagoda? Giant Spider? God I hope not.

15- There's a long line of bridges leading from one ice mountain to the other that goes through the Park-lake area...kind of interesting.

16- Two entrances and it looks as if a waterfall seperates them. Also there's ledges leading up to the left one which almost looks boarded off.

17- Another little cave entrance, don't know how you get there/away from there.

18- Ruin and a dig site? Seems like barren concrete and then some little modern blue building followed by a big old tower (SHOCKER!!). Important? Or just this generations ruins/dead tower?

19- Little stream that might be worth noting...

20- So it looks like a carbon copy of the Ice Mountain to the west, has to mean something.

21- Smudged area...based on the ledges/train tracks below it one would think it has a purpose, and I mean it's smudged!! That always means something!!

22- This area especially intrigues me. The buidling reminds me of that old Dark Castle that Bugs Bunny finds when he gets lost at night. All he wants to do is make a phone call but the Vampire has other ideas. Either way it looks dark and mean, but then there's a majestic waterfall...so I don't know what to think!?!? Then at the top of the page there's letter covering something with a path leading towards it. Battle Frontier area?

23- The path leading to the upper half of 22. Goes up some ledges and across another bridge.

24- Looks to be an old possibly falling apart/in construction bridge.

25- Look tribal no matter what they are, be it buildings, teepees, totems, Easter Head wannabees etc. A pond above it?

26- Couple buidings? We're betting on an underground entrance, the entrance to Victory Road.

27- Victory Road and the Elite 4 Building.

28- Islands. Accessible? Important? Or just random pointless islands like the ones off Cherrygrove?

29- Cool overly circular island. We're pretty sure it's got some sort of point.

30- Tree house/Shrine/Wooded Building. Based on it's position on the map and it's mysterious aspect we're betting this has something fairly important going on, most likely after the plot but who knows.

31- I see a little grey something...smudge? Or the key to the future of our planet? Or...BOTH!?

Little tidbits, places that we thought could be the safari zone are; 28, 29, 30, 25, 18, 12, 15, 20, 21, 22 and maybe 2.

I'm kind of wondering if this is all of Isshu, I mean Hiun's ports are pointing South and I doubt they're just pointing to no where, that defeats the purpose of putting a port city there, especially since the farther north you go, the more of a rustic feel you get. Also I'm thinking this map isn't very preportional, other maps of different regions are generally more detailed overall. This map seems to be designed to show off certain areas and draw attention to Hiun. There's alot more to Isshu than meets the eye in my opinion. :P

:shocked:

OMG! I love yoour ideas, and thanks for taking time to do this :) We'll have to wait and see how accurate some of your points are. :cer_nod:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 13th, 2010, 06:15 AM
hey has any one noticed that red meteor like thing in the left top hand corner it looks like like something of interest, wonder what it's function will be...deoxys related?

Esmas
June 13th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I ♥ THIS REGION! :D

But really, the map seems sort of plain... I mean, there's this huge city, and then a random desert? XD (...which is followed by an amusement park in a forest?! O____o) That's kind of a weird contrast. But what I like about the desert is that it's quite large, and I think it has a little village or town in it, which would be cool to see, like in Pokémon Colosseum.

Oh, and I can't wait to travel those mountains. Seeing those cave openings makes me want to adventure! Also there's a spring or waterfall by the mountains, and it seems suspicious to me... o3o

Overall, it looks like there's a lot of blank space where things could be, unlike in the previous regions like Hoenn. But it's still a yummy place to look at, because it's so different! :)

June 13th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I wonder if we will have to climb that mountain with the waterfall like we did with Mt. Silver, or maybe more like Mt. coronet:\

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 06:24 AM
From your Picture Bluerang, I can see a grassy area to the right, filled with little towns, probably an area that you will clear out of soon. Then obviously, that bridge that we have seen EVERYWHERE, which leads to Hiun city, the HUGE city that we have all seen, too. Then, a large Desert, which makes me happy, because this means I will be able to get Meguroko right away! Then, a Carnival, probably something that has some trainers in it, and maybe some side stories take place there. Then another grassy area with a Pokeball design that looks very nice, maybe a park of some sort. To the left of this, there is a city, with the draw bridge and a Lighthouse. Then, finally that huge area with an Icy looking Mountian and perhaps where the Elite four is, and all sorts of other towns, those are my Predictions. :)

Esmas
June 13th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I'll take a guess that the forested area on the right side is where the starting town is. Looks quaint and calm, like the screenshots and the previous ones.

June 13th, 2010, 06:35 AM
maybe the dessert is like the dessert surrounding Vegas Nevada...they could have made the city look Habitable but the dessert is more hostile but I'm certain we will see people there!

Yup the dessert has a sand storm like in RSE and DPPt, I saw an image of it on Serebii (the Isshu section) where they show a hiker? in the dessert near the player, so there are trainers just like the horrible! Blizzard in DPPt...and the dessert in DPPt and the dessert in RSE

Yup the dessert has a sand storm like in RSE and DPPt, I saw an image of it on Serebii (the Isshu section) where they show a hiker? in the dessert near the player, so there are trainers just like the horrible! Blizzard in DPPt...and the dessert in DPPt and the dessert in RSE

PiPVoda
June 13th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Here's what i think. If you look at the very top of the map, benienth the words, there is a brownish streak that gets cut off. I think that it continues on to the half of the map.

Also, to the very left of the mountains is a silver-ish stadium-ish shaped building. I am almost positiv that is the pokemon league.

That island in the middle that everybody is complaining about: I think its something sacred. Possibly a shrine to Reshiram and Zekrom (and ????). Kinda reminds me of the celebi shrine in pokemon colloseum.

On top of that, a new idea; what if your starter city is Hiun City? Like, your house is an apartment building and your rival is in the one next door.... Not a horrible Idea.

1) Hmm, you're right and I was wondering if this was all that there was to Isshu. I expected more cities and all since it's you know...industrialized. But if it is then I'm okay with it. If there is another side then maybe the side they're showing us now is the ancient part of the region?

2) Possible that the pokeball shaped thing is a shrine, but I don't know I wouldn't expect it to be one.

3) They already showed the starting town, which is very rural, so that means Hiun is not the starting point. I like your idea though.

Well, the guy who I replied to seemed to be saying he thought this was the whole map because there were around seven towns (I assume this has to do with the whole eight-gym tradition), but I was pointing out how there have been more than that from every other generation. I'm expecting there's more to the map than what we've seen in this picture. The regions seem to be getting larger each generation, for the most part. There could be even more than before, but no way are we only getting seven towns.

Sorry, I may have rambled or gone run-on a tiny bit there... I hope that clarified my intent, though?

I agree, 7 towns really isn't that much and I was thinking that they just zoomed into a certain area of the region not wanting to reveal it all yet. I may be wrong though and we may just be stuck with what we have. It wouldn't hamper gameplay imo, but it would certainly be different from the other regions.

Yeah, you've pretty much clarified it.

A Pixy
June 13th, 2010, 09:10 AM
It looks like a big, industrial haven as opposed to the other regions being mostly small towns with few large cities. And when I say 'large cities' I mean Goldenrod, Saffron, Veilstone and cities like that.

I must say, this change in environment is a welcome change as far as I see. IMO. o3o

Nikorasu
June 13th, 2010, 10:14 AM
It would be interesting to start maybe in a city? Make a difference froma lways being in villages/towns. Or maybe starting in the mountian area, that would stop the first gym leader (hopefully) being a rock type and a good area to start with scenary :)

dieter57
June 13th, 2010, 10:35 AM
hey has any one noticed that red meteor like thing in the left top hand corner it looks like like something of interest, wonder what it's function will be...deoxys related?

you mean resirams hand?
the white thing in red?

JAK3
June 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Now, I can't tell, but it looks like the whole edge of this map is covered with snow, and we also have two Mountains that are covered with snow, could this be the Snow region. :)
EDIT: Never mind, I realized those are just clouds. :|

Iqid Loopz
June 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM
For some reason, this regions really reminds me of the world. If you actually know what the world look like, its kinda of sorted or divided into three.

West lands reminds of South America, and North America and the mountains reminds me of the Rocky Mountains that stretched south to north of South and North America.

The north of the middle lands remind me of Europe, the pokeball lake reminds me of the Mediterranean Sea, the desert reminds me of Africa and its desert like heat and wheather.

Huin city reminds me of Antartica because of its first impression white (ice and snow) looking city.

East lands reminds me of Asian, the southern Islands reminds me of the many Islands that Japan, Philippines, and other Islanders countries have.

IDK its my opinion...you all probably disagree

JackGamer
June 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
It looks amazing! :D
I especially like the Poke-ball lake and the mountains. I can't wait!

June 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
you mean resirams hand?
the white thing in red?
No, look to the top of his hand and your see a red looking thing like magma or a meteor!

Cyberglass
June 13th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Seeing as how Hiun is so BIG I wonder if it might have more than one gym. And not in the almost way like Saffron did.

Also, from the look of the map there will be a lot of open country to explore. Except for Hiun and possibly the circus, the other towns are tiny compared to previous regions' maps.

Swolligator
June 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM

I have reason to believe Waffle-san in some areas is correct.
the spot No.1, she says is the starting town. if you look closely this shows two buildings. looking back at some of the photos from last months corocoro, i found that this is the starting town and on this map it shows the Professors lab and your house.
look here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.shtml , the first un-named town fits.

o0PinkSquid0o
June 13th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Most people have said what i am thinking.
Although reading a lot of comments in this thread people don't seem too happy with the dessert :S
I dunno if it has been confirmed or if it was a rumour but I heard the main character has something to do with digging and fossils or something so perhaps thats why there is a giant dessert :)

NA3LKER
June 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM
i like this reigon, its very different to the other reigons, so should be a breath of fresh air. if you look next the ferris wheel, there appears to be a building that looks a little like the battle factory.

Waffle-San
June 14th, 2010, 04:22 PM
:shocked:

OMG! I love yoour ideas, and thanks for taking time to do this :) We'll have to wait and see how accurate some of your points are. :cer_nod:

Haha alot of them were shots in the dark but thanks!!

I agree, 7 towns really isn't that much and I was thinking that they just zoomed into a certain area of the region not wanting to reveal it all yet. I may be wrong though and we may just be stuck with what we have. It wouldn't hamper gameplay imo, but it would certainly be different from the other regions.

I have reason to believe Waffle-san in some areas is correct.
the spot No.1, she says is the starting town. if you look closely this shows two buildings. looking back at some of the photos from last months corocoro, i found that this is the starting town and on this map it shows the Professors lab and your house.
look here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.shtml , the first un-named town fits.

(I'm a guy. :P) Most the points were total guesses but that south east area looks like it's the starter area, no where else looks like it'd work.

Also in the clearer map (Serebii and Pokebeach both have it) the top right brown thing is revealed. (Number 22) and it looks like some sort of temple thats sitting on top of caved cliffs. Mesa Verde anyone? It is in the states...
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID12879/images/High_Res_people_CliffPalace_aerial.jpg

Also the temple is green, if that has any meaning to anyone. :P

.Awesome
June 14th, 2010, 04:37 PM
The center is shaped like a Poke Ball... Maybe the Pokemon League? It's surrounded by water, so i think it must be.

Hamilton
June 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM

in the newer pic, you can see 25 is a few Windmills- but not like the ones in the 4th gen- like BIG GIANT WINDMILL BUILDING THINGS (don't really know the official name :p )
plus i count about ten towns
AND i don't know if i'm the only one that noticed, but in between the bottom of 22 and 24 there is a little grove with an entrance to a cave
and i'm pretty sure i see a Pokethlon dome (or a contest dome) in the area with the ferris wheel

Erick
June 15th, 2010, 03:04 PM
So, I have made an analysis of the Isshu Region image. And here are my hypothesis.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/twilitedarkrai/Isshucopy.png

Also, in my opinion, it is way too small, I think it is a little bigger, but Pokémon Japan didn't show it all.

Masterge77
June 15th, 2010, 03:35 PM
SO far, I only see one City, Hiun City, besides, this is probably only a small portion of the region.....

Steve Moore
June 15th, 2010, 03:49 PM
It does look quite small. But the chances are that this is only a portion of the map.

Silver25
June 15th, 2010, 10:39 PM
I agree it looks small, but then again it doesn't look proportionate either so it is possible it already is big when laid out on a map. Expanding east and west doesn't seem like a possibility just because of the way this map looks on the edges. However north and south do seem likely and I hope they do this. And as for the Pokemon League and where it is located, I wouldn't mind seeing the setting changed. Having it more like a stadium based league (similar to the anime except for the different rounds, strictly the Elite Four in some grand fashion).

And as for there being minimal cities, I really like the idea of mostly rural region. In every previous game we have seen the typical cities and their gyms and while that is great it can get somewhat boring to me personally. Having the character travel through multiple villages sounds refreshing, especially from what Serebii has shown through the released pics of the forest areas and village with an old train. Just my thoughts...

Charmageddon
June 16th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm so excited about this region. The information about the Pokemon doesn't really excite me, but I get shivers every time I look at that map. It looks like there will be such a diverse range of landscapes, and wonderful graphics. I'm so exicted! :D

Bluerang1
June 16th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I totally saw that black and white building as well. But it looks like a dark and ice castle.

PiPVoda
June 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
So, I have made an analysis of the Isshu Region image. And here are my hypothesis.

Also, in my opinion, it is way too small, I think it is a little bigger, but Pokémon Japan didn't show it all.

so the most logical way for the region to continue to expand is Northwards. I just noticed the black/white building (castle?) and I think the desert is home to a small village of some sort instead of the base of the evil team.

Waffle-San
June 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM

So in area 28 I can clearly see a house on Twilite Darkrai's map. Guess that confirms that some of the water (off Hiun?) will be surfable!! But can you go under the bridge? I'm assuming that since that Island is accessable the other ones shown will be too!!

Karel_Kazuki
June 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I actually said , this doesnt look like all of Isshu.Not enough towns and with Hiun having a port, you're bound to travel to the other part eventually in the game.Well thats my guess.You start on this side of the Region then Take a boat to the other side, similar to Johto- Kanto in HGSS.

SolarAbusoru
June 16th, 2010, 11:12 PM
well being a small portion or not, what we've got shown here is still a nice forested region, and the fact that we get a huge desert is a good thing too, Hoenns was tiny, I'm expecting good things from this

austin00081
June 23rd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Today on serebii, they uploaded a big map of the Isshu region.
Upon closer inspection, there is an airport.

Thoughts?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/austin00081/isshuregion.jpg

The Sceptile King
June 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
pretty cool for the new region to have two ice mountains

:)

austin00081
June 23rd, 2010, 03:09 PM
It is cool, but I also don't see why there is so much unused space in the top right area. Maybe there are clouds covering parts of it for a reason?

silkworm
June 23rd, 2010, 03:21 PM
if you go to serebii's source (rpgland dot com) , they have an even larger map and there are pictures with details (in japanese). I'd link but I can't since I haven't posted enough.

austin00081
June 23rd, 2010, 03:27 PM
http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/june23rpgscans04.jpg

Silver25
June 23rd, 2010, 03:29 PM
It is cool, but I also don't see why there is so much unused space in the top right area. Maybe there are clouds covering parts of it for a reason?

I think that is a definite possibility, but to me it looks like just a forest or jungle (I'd love for it to be a jungle but that's just me...)

Can't think of any reason for the airport except for possibly a tie in to future games? A new way to travel to a distant island or something as opposed to boat or surf? Who knows at this point?...

austin00081
June 23rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
There is already a thread for this. Stop being lazy and search next time.

is the other one a poll?
also, i didnt even think to search, i was just too excited.

JP
June 23rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
There is already a thread for this. Stop being lazy and search next time.

I wasn't aware you were a moderator.

The airport is definitely interesting. I somehow doubt it's to take us to previous regions though, but as someone else said, probably a distant island.

GreenLanturn
June 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Im acctually really liking the new direction theyre taking the map. Hopefully we get some cooler pokemon and then this generation could be a damn good one.

Bluemoon
June 23rd, 2010, 05:43 PM
ok where is the airport?
is it the one in left side...
I think it is pretty cool... it will be more cooler if we can access the other regions... even the regions in the pokemon ranger series...

Spinor
June 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
It's where the (5) Icon is pointing at. That is an airplane/aircraft runway.

Heck, screw the airport theory. I want that to be a military base.

General K
June 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Um thats not an airport runway its too small

JP
June 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM
Um thats not an airport runway its too small

Then what would it be? lol This is the Pokemon world after all, sizes don't exactly have to match that of real life.

I honestly don't see what else it could be.

Doxasikyrie
June 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
I thought the little bit of information about the region of Isshu being so far away that it can only be reached by airplane to just give us a perspective on how far away it is. Now, I'm starting to think there's a possibility of another region available to be accessed. After all, there's our airport. :)

Anyone else think so?

Storm_has_formed
June 23rd, 2010, 06:23 PM
i'm guessing the battle frontier is there. I also assume the starting town is at point 11, while the E4 is at point 8 :)

RedBattler
June 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
I thought the little bit of information about the region of Isshu being so far away that it can only be reached by airplane to just give us a perspective on how far away it is. Now, I'm starting to think there's a possibility of another region available to be accessed. After all, there's our airport. :)

Anyone else think so?

I agree, it makes total sense. I don't think the game developers would have added an airport simply for show (assuming that there IS an airport in the 1st place). If this is the case, chances are we will be able to fly (not HM02! :)) to a different region.

Having access to another region may also explain why the Isshu region shown in the scan is somewhat smaller than the previous regions, kanto, johto, etc (IMO).

MistahDude
June 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
I agree, it makes total sense. I don't think the game developers would have added an airport simply for show (assuming that there IS an airport in the 1st place). If this is the case, chances are we will be able to fly (not HM02! :)) to a different region.

Having access to another region may also explain why the Isshu region shown in the scan is somewhat smaller than the previous regions, kanto, johto, etc (IMO).

IT doesnt look smaller at all. Its just more horizontal. The scan makes it look larger because the cities are very small looking.

RedBattler
June 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM
IT doesnt look smaller at all. Its just more horizontal. The scan makes it look larger because the cities are very small looking.

Yes from that perspective, Isshu does appear to be the same size as the other regions, perhaps even bigger. But I guess I can't say anything until I get the games because it is very likely that the city sizes in the scan are exaggerated!:D

DarKnighT_0_9
June 23rd, 2010, 11:20 PM
If that is an airport maybe the other half of the map (if there is more to it which I think there is) is blocked off and we will have to fly there until that path gets cleared.

Lunyka
June 24th, 2010, 12:58 AM
The very bottom right is the town you start in.

Dragonika
June 24th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Theres for certain an airport behind the moutains which looks epic :D just seriously cant wait to explore isshu :DDDDDD