PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Zorua, an event only?

Masterge77
June 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
According to CoroCoro, Zorua can be obtained by trading the movie Celebi from HG/SS, do you think this is the only way to obtain Zorua or do thing that this is one of those event Pokemon that can learn a certain move that others of it's kind can't?

EXO時代
June 13th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah. Since they're confirmed already then it is :/
I love Zorua, I don't care about the adult form though...

Khrysta
June 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I don't think its going to be an Event only. Most likely its like the Pichu events. Special attacks or even first look at the Pokemon.

The four attacks it has Scratch, Leer, Pursuit and Fake Tears.

Masterge77
June 13th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I believe not, since a million players badly wanted a Zorua on their team, If this is the only way, only very few will get one on their team legally, since apparently, Nintendo has lately been making event Pokemon untradeable through the GTS, not to mentin that they made them un-nicknameable due to when recieving it at the event, it has a specific owner name and ID number, I believe personally that this is a Zorua that can learn a special move that others of it's kind can't without hacking the game, I don't really want that Zorua, I just want a Zorua in genral, besides, if this was an event only Pokemon, it would be at the end of the Pokedex after the legendaries, it would actually prevent the player from ever completeing the Isshu Pokedex......

Storm_has_formed
June 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
i hope not... Zorua was looking really cool, and i wanted to add it to my B/W team

MrsNorrington
June 13th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I'm sure they'll bring the event to America. I'm sure we'll be able to get him.

I realllllllly want him.

Felly
June 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I doubt events will be the only way to get Zorua. So many players want Zorua and Zoroark on their teams; if they made them event only, too many players would be disappointed & then they probably wouldn't buy the games.

MrsNorrington
June 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Zorua doesn't look like a legendary pokemon. I thought it was a common, or semi-common pokemon.

TheReal
June 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
You can also do the Zoroark event and then breed him.

Dominus Temporis
June 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Well, from what I understand, it straight-up said they "do not appear during normal gameplay." Now, I know they've teased us and slowly given us bits of info over the years, but they've never outright lied to us from what I know. Maybe things'll change for the third version, but it looks like they'll just be events in Black and White.

I'm really disappointed by this, though. I intended to use Zoroark from the moment I saw it, and now that may just be a pipe dream. (are they even going to do a Celebi event?) Poor form, GameFreak.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Zorua is event only. It's been confirmed right? Nintendo doesn't care if you'll be disappointed because they know that millions of people will buy these games no matter what. They don't care about your team. At least they are providing a way to obtain it.

rocky505
June 13th, 2010, 05:09 PM
It is impossible for it to be event only since you can breed them most likely, And they do have genders (Confirmed from movie 13 manga)

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 05:28 PM
It is impossible for it to be event only since you can breed them most likely, And they do have genders (Confirmed from movie 13 manga)

But to breed it you need to obtain it first. That's what they mean by event only. Also, Heatran has a gender and can't breed, but you will most likely be able to breed Zorua like crazy

rocky505
June 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM
But to breed it you need to obtain it first. That's what they mean by event only. Also, Heatran has a gender and can't breed, but you will most likely be able to breed Zorua like crazy Heatran was Legendary though. i just find it so strange they did this. Isnt' this the first time they made a non legendary pokemon an event only?

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Heatran was Legendary though. i just find it so strange they did this. Isnt' this the first time they made a non legendary pokemon an event only?

Yes it is. I also find it strange. Riolu was available right after you're done with Iron Island so maybe this Zorua is a special one. That or I'm just getting my hopes up

rocky505
June 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
It maybe holding a special item or one of it's moves are special (Fake Tears)

IcyArceusRider
June 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Oh, I really hope Zorua isn't event only! I wanted one! And if it's event only it's going to be incredibly hard if not impossible to get one....I'm hoping that this is a special Zorua, unlike all the others. Hopefully you can catch Zorua somewhere in the wild...

cystar
June 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
id better not be becasue then ill like never get it

JP
June 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I think it would be pretty interesting if it were indeed just an event Pokemon. Granted it would suck not having it (legally) until an event came around, but it makes it that much more special.

I can see Nintendo giving out the originals through events, and then the only way of getting one without an event would be for someone to attended the event to breed it for you. :0 Hope that makes sense haha. Probably unlikely, but interesting if you ask me. :P

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM
To get Zorua all you need to do is trade over the event Celebi from HGSS. If you get the Celebi then you for sure have Zorua unless your game gets erased

rocky505
June 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
To get Zorua all you need to do is trade over the event Celebi from HGSS. If you get the Celebi then you for sure have Zorua unless your game gets erased or you can get one of the shiny beasts trade it to BW and get Zoroark then breed Zoroark.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
or you can get one of the shiny beasts trade it to BW and get Zoroark then breed Zoroark.

Yes, that too. Perhaps in future games you'll be able to catch it like Riolu HGSS.

NateG
June 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I too hope Zorua isn't an event only pokemon because if it is, then persons outside the US won't be able to get it and this is going to make alot of people pissed off. This really makes me think Zorua and it's evolved form is a "LEGENDARY" because of it being event only. This is just like the events in 2004 where you had to fly all the way to New York City just to obtain a deoxys/ho-oh/lugia/mew in FR/LG.

rocky505
June 13th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Yes, that too. Perhaps in future games you'll be able to catch it like Riolu HGSS. RSE remake maybe using the special Safari Zone area in Emerald

Kai Yamato
June 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Nintendo are trolling us if they made them incapable of breeding like Nidoqueen.

And it was a cool looking dark type too. =/

NateG
June 13th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Nintendo are trolling us if they made them incapable of breeding like Nidoqueen.

And it was a cool looking dark type too. =/

THAT would be the very last straw. If Game Freak made them unbreedable, then there would only be a limited supply of them and the only way to obtain one if you didn't go to the event is via pokesav.

And I SERIOULY hope they don't make a trainer having a zorua because that would be rubbing into people's faces telling them "HA HA I have a zorua and you don't and there is no way you can get one".

Zorua
June 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Somehow, I just know there's just more than one way to get Zorua than to trade a simple event Celebi over to B/W. There are always alternatives that Nintendo tends to reveal sooner or later.

At least, hopefully.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Somehow, I just know there's just more than one way to get Zorua than to trade a simple event Celebi over to B/W. There are always alternatives that Nintendo tends to reveal sooner or later.

At least, hopefully.

Yeah, breed. The only Pokemon incapable of breeding are legends and for some reason Nidoqueen.

Myles
June 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
If it is event only then you wouldn't even be able to use it in the Battle Frontier, etc.

GameFreak Executive
June 13th, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'll be happy with whatever happens. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who attends most of the events, he'll breed me one.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 08:19 PM
If it is event only then you wouldn't even be able to use it in the Battle Frontier, etc.

The Pokemon you can't use in the Battle Frontier are legendaries, not event Pokemon.

Myles
June 13th, 2010, 08:23 PM
You can't use Rotom's alternate forms in the Battle Frontier.

Raichupacabra
June 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
It doesn't matter.
you can breed it anyways.

Khrysta
June 13th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Yes it is. I also find it strange. Riolu was available right after you're done with Iron Island so maybe this Zorua is a special one. That or I'm just getting my hopes up

No its not the first time a non-legendary was an Event Only Pokemon. Shiny Pichu and Notch Ear Pichu are event only as well.

Becki
June 13th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Well...even if its event only the trade threads will clone them (or maybe breed) making it possiblt for people to trade for them. After maybe a couple of months the value of them will be subsantially less, obtanible with a ev'd/iv'd/shiny/event as long as its legit.

Erik Destler
June 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
I'm sure it's not event only. That'd be pointless to make it event only.
I mean, if it can be bred, why bother doing so? It'll get around eventually. Lol.

AussieLper
June 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I'm going to assume this one can transform into the legendary beasts (as shown in gameplay videos).
So it's just a special one ;).
Or maybe you get it from the main plot? Like it gets involved with the legendaries in this game in someway and it lets you catch it...

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
No its not the first time a non-legendary was an Event Only Pokemon. Shiny Pichu and Notch Ear Pichu are event only as well.

Thing is they are still Pichu. You can get a Pichu by breeding a Pikachu or Raichu or even capturing one.

EXO時代
June 13th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I only hope for an Mystery Gift to obtain it.
Singapore don't got those movies and events we can attend, shusk.

Satoshi_poketo monsta
June 13th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I voted for a "No". Why? Of course, I hope there's other way to get him. Cause I wanna add him to my team too. Especially with his New Ability (Illusion). It does amaze me, Let's hope they're gonna make an easier way to get him.

Mujahid
June 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
OH MAN !! I just read on pokebeach that the zorua and zoroark we're gonna get by the event are the Movie 13 zorua and zoroark !!...u get it ???....they're special zorua and zoroark and not the normal one...i think this surely means we'll be able to get them in normal gameplay

SIN1488
June 14th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I voted no, because I really don't want that to be the only way. Pay about 10-15USD to go see a movie I don't really care about to get a Celebi and eventually Zorua? Not really worth it, since that's about 1/3 of what a new DS game already costs. A Celebi would be nice though...... :P

But yeah, I'm hoping it will either be in-game, or some type of simpler event. The game company is smart though, since having this event at the theater will give kids extra incentive to beg their parents to go see the movie, and since the kids can't go alone, that's more movie tickets they will buy.....

I don't care much about Zorua and Zoruark though, I'm just not a big fan of dark-types I guess.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 14th, 2010, 12:33 AM
I hate the way Game Freak have come to rely on Events lately. It's not like they're not making enough money as it is. I never really cared about Zorua, but for the people that do this just sucks the big one. It's going to get to the point one day that the game's main Legendaries are ~Event only~. Pah.

Masterge77
June 14th, 2010, 03:45 AM
If it is true, then like usual, Nintendo can care less about the fanbase, If this is the only way, then I would cry *prays for alternate Method of obtaining Zorua*

vibratingcat
June 14th, 2010, 03:50 AM
T.T
by the sounds of things, there isnt another way. But i'm still hoping!

myrrh25
June 14th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Heatran was Legendary though. i just find it so strange they did this. Isnt' this the first time they made a non legendary pokemon an event only?

Nope. Rotom is a non-legendary.

Also, away from that quote. Action Replay for a Zorua and then breed it for a legit Zorua. Easy done.

Masterge77
June 14th, 2010, 04:09 AM
If it is true, then like usual, Nintendo can care less about the fanbase, If this is the only way, then I would cry *prays for alternate Method of obtaining Zorua*

THAT would be the very last straw. If Game Freak made them unbreedable, then there would only be a limited supply of them and the only way to obtain one if you didn't go to the event is via pokesav.

And I SERIOULY hope they don't make a trainer having a zorua because that would be rubbing into people's faces telling them "HA HA I have a zorua and you don't and there is no way you can get one".

Cause lately they have been butts about breeding non-legendary event Pokemon, if Zorua WAS unbreedable, then the fans would revolt by sending thousands of angry letters to Nintendo

And if they do make a trainer like that, I am SOOOOO gonna kill them........

Yeah, breed. The only Pokemon incapable of breeding are legends and for some reason Nidoqueen.

Legends are unbreedable, and unuseable in the Battle Tower/Frontier because nintendo thinks that they are "game breakers", well if they are so called "game breakers", THEN WHY THE HELL DO YOU MAKE THEM!?

Thing is they are still Pichu. You can get a Pichu by breeding a Pikachu or Raichu or even capturing one.
A Pichu is a Pichu no matter how you get it, it does not need a silly ear, you can get a shiny Pichu, you just have to breed a LOT to get one, but it's apparently this particular shiny Pichu that gets you the Spiky Eared one, lately, the event pokemon are un-nicknameable, and only particular individuals (Sky Forme Shaymin) can trigger the event, because they have an ID number un-obtainable to the player no matter how many times they start a new game, they are never going to get this ID number

I hate the way Game Freak have come to rely on Events lately. It's not like they're not making enough money as it is. I never really cared about Zorua, but for the people that do this just sucks the big one. It's going to get to the point one day that the game's main Legendaries are ~Event only~. Pah.

I agree, events were scarce in the first two generations, but about half way through the third, they just went bonkers with it, now look at the fans, many are mad because Game Freak, or should be renamed to "Event Freak", relies too much on events, I can't even make my Shaymin obtained through walk thru walls turn into sky forme, cause the event Shaymins were fixed to having only those un-nicknameable individuals turn into Sky Forme and all others stay Land Forme FOREVER, cause they do not care about the fans at all, only themselves.......

With this, it has made people almost IMPOSSIBLE to complete their Pokedexes legally

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 14th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Nope. Rotom is a non-legendary.

Rotom is not an event Pokemon. The only event dealing with Rotom is the Secret Key event which gives you an item and not a Pokemon.

ComedyQuest
June 14th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Maybe it will be equivalent to obtaining Riolu in D/P/Pt. They need to have at least 1 of them that you can obtain through an in-game event or quest.

Masterge77
June 14th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Maybe it will be equivalent to obtaining Riolu in D/P/Pt. They need to have at least 1 of them that you can obtain through an in-game event or quest.

I definetly hope so....

There was an event Riolu once too

Tanaki
June 14th, 2010, 06:40 AM
It'd better not be an event-only. Events are cool, but they should only be used in promotion of a movie or a new game. And getting events suck. Nintendo can't make up their friggin' minds about where to hold their events. I can get the wifi ones no problem, but Gamestop is a 3 mile walk there and a 3 mile walk back, and I missed the Arceus event because I was at Toys R us a day before the event and I couldn't get a ride back. Granted it's not as bad as having to go to new york to get a few events, but they made a big fuss about how great the upgrade to the wifi events were, and they rarely use the feature at all. Zoroark is the pokemon that got me interested in B/W, if they don't make him plentiful and available that'll be a real dick move on Nintendo's part.

RTHookers
June 14th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Honestly?
inb4pokesav/AR

But honestly most events suck anyway. They're there for like 10 minutes and just waste some time. People will just use a hacking program to get them. I consider my Emerald events (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mew, Deoxys etc) legit because I couldn't get the event anyway, so I just cheated for the item I needed. Pokes all caught legitemately.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Nintendo can't make up their friggin' minds about where to hold their events. I can get the wifi ones no problem, but Gamestop is a 3 mile walk there and a 3 mile walk back, and I missed the Arceus event because I was at Toys R us a day before the event and I couldn't get a ride back.

Plus, if you don't live in Japan or America, the locations of certain events just suck. I live next to a major city, and none of the cinemas even show the Pokémon films. I'm not going to buy a train fare to London just to see a film I don't want to see to get a Pokémon just to complete my PokéDex!

And none of our local game shops run the events, despite being major chains; the staff just gave me a weird look when I first asked about Events, and even the geekiest ones didn't know what I was talking about. :|

Urgh. I'm getting too ksfjfgdhfh'd about this, but GameFreak are taking the mick.

ElectricScyther
June 14th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Uh, Zorua is available without the event, it just learns a cool move in the event.

Masterge77
June 14th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Uh, Zorua is available without the event, it just learns a cool move in the event.

How do you know, do you work for Nintendo or something?

Agent Clank
June 14th, 2010, 10:14 AM
i hope not... Zorua was looking really cool, and i wanted to add it to my B/W team

Me too...
that makes me sad that they did this :(
I really loved both forms and was hoping that I could have it in my team..but not anymore :(
but all we can do is hope that you can obtain it without a event.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 14th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hopefully the Celebi will be distributed over wi-fi. That way a lot more people will be able to get it then Zorua. Even if I can't get Zorua I'm still getting these games. One Pokemon is not worth the entire game. There might be an even better Dark type.

Masterge77
June 14th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I was hoping to have one on my team, but not anymore, thank you once again Nintendo for crapping on your fans!

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
They know you're going to buy the games either way. Besides even if you don't it won't matter to them as they'll still be making millions of dollars off the other fans and the newer ones

Tsavo
June 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Enough with the melodramatic crap, we don't know anything at the moment. Even if it is event-exclusive (which I doubt), all it takes is someone with the event Zorua/evo to breed the hell out of it and trade the eggs to people (which will in turn continue the spreading, etc.)

Nikorasu
June 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
mm, Zorua is very popular, everyone will be gutted if it is a event only.

But a event Zorua with special moves or ball will be awesome. People would try really hard to get it. (well zorua fans will anyway)

Khrysta
June 14th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I've looked on three different Resource Sites for Pokemon and not one says that Zorua or Zoroak are Event only. They only say that the Pokemon can be received from events.

Right now it looks like a bad case of misinterpretation on OP's part. If you can show me a site that says it IS only through Event that would be one thing. But all three sites I've checked said they can be received through In Game events.

Dominus Temporis
June 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I've looked on three different Resource Sites for Pokemon and not one says that Zorua or Zoroak are Event only. They only say that the Pokemon can be received from events.
Where'd you look? Try here: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Sorry, but it pretty much says straight-up these two can only be obtained in-game through the events. Pokebeach says it as well (though they are a bit of a rumor mill, Serebii not so much, but I digress). Again, I'd like to point out the term used: "not available during normal gameplay."

SIN1488
June 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Again, I'd like to point out the term used: "not available during normal gameplay."

As in: "During normal gameplay, you will not be able to get this Zorua/Zoruark with this special move"

Hopefully the Celebi will be distributed over wi-fi.

It dang well better be! That's one thing I'm missing..... :(

Edit: Although, if they are obtained through an event pokemon, sort of like how the Event Arceus can get you Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS, wouldn't it be kind of weird to have ANOTHER in-game Zorua/Zoruark?

Dominus Temporis
June 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
As in: "During normal gameplay, you will not be able to get this Zorua/Zoruark with this special move"
Oh, I wish it was that easy. Seems a bit awkward, though, since nobody who has posted the news has actually said anything about a special move, and it would seem common sense that you wouldn't be able to get the events normally otherwise. Why would they mention it, then, if there was another way to get them?

Speaking of, there don't really seem to be any special moves. Check out their movesets:
Zorua
*Leer
*Scratch
*Pursuit
*Fake Tears

Zoruark
*Fury Swipes
*Faint Attack
*Scary Face
*Taunt

Look, I would love it just as much as anyone else if you didn't need the event to get them, but my logical side says it's far more likely that won't be the case.

.Awesome
June 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Most likely. Unless you like, breed Zoroark or something. Because, where else do you think we could catch it? It seems like a special Pokemon, like Spiritomb.

Khrysta
June 14th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Well this is the first time I've seen this info. It says confirmed by Corocoro. So there is no use crying over it now. If that's what Pokemon is going to do, then might as well start praying for AC codes for them cause there is no other way to get them.

AceTrainerLegend
June 15th, 2010, 10:07 AM
i presume it'll be event only, event pokemon are rarely obtainable during normal gameplay

Masterge77
June 15th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Since I can't read moon runes (you lied to me Rosetta Stone!), I am unsure if CoroCoro said that it was the only way to get a Zorua, I think it said that this was a special Zorua that could learn a special move once it reaches a certain level, Hope I am right though.....

Edit:
Okay this is over the top bullcrap, Zorua & Zoroark event only? Why in the bloody hell would Nintendo ever do that? They're like the Lucario/Riolu of Gen 5, and they make them event exclusive!? it doesn't make any freaking sense to me whatsoever, I hate that they make event Pokémon in general... They should all be catchable in game without the need of any stuff, but considering Nintendos excessive greed, we all have to suffer through it (I'm sooo making a Zorua hack when this comes in the states)...

I think that if they keep Zorua and Zoroark event only for the States next year, it should not be held at Toys R Us. It should be done at either Gamestop or WFC. Because only major citys like St. Louis, MO have a Toys R Us and small towns like mine don't. I like the Gamestop ones because my town has a GameStop, unfortunatly, it just opened a month ago after the last GameStop event, AND I AM NOT DRIVING 90 MILES ALL THE WAY TO GODDAMNED CINCINATTI TO GET A ZORUA, also, considering that they do not have the movies in cinema in the states (it's been like that since Movie 3, mainly because Pokemon was losing popularity to a certain ninja anime THAT WAS NOT EVEN DUBBED YET!! You can probably guess which ninja anime I'm talking about), they will probably make it so that Zorua is obtainable in game in the US versions, much like Ranger Net was in the US version of the first Pokemon Ranger game

Hold on, what the hell is THIS!?

Look at two months ago when Celebi's attacks were revealed through CoroCoro:

Recover, Nasty Plot, Healing Wish, Leaf Storm

These are two instances where in both they make it perfectly clear that they are talking about attacks.
I've been following CoroCoro very closely for a year now, and they have always explained moves that cannot be learned normally in the same way (as above).
Adding onto that, where do you see on the CoroCoro scan that those attacks listed (and pointed to) were the event Zoroark attacks? If you look at them closely, Claw Sharpen is not one of them.
Claw Sharpen has been directly linked to the event Zoroark on the official movie website as one of it's attacks when you get it through the event (see here (http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/zoroarkget/sugoi_waza.html#waza)). This means that here, they are just showing you "attacks of a Zoroark," which has no relationship to "you can only get it with these special moves through this event."

Which could Possibly mean that Zorua will be obtainable in game as well, possibly through an egg, maybe not with the Claw Sharpen attack, hope I am right this time, but we can only know for sure when the games come out, else I will have to make that Zorua hack I mentioned earlier.......

myrrh25
June 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Rotom is not an event Pokemon. The only event dealing with Rotom is the Secret Key event which gives you an item and not a Pokemon.

My bad, just read up on that, thanks for the correction.

Dominus Temporis
June 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I've been following CoroCoro very closely for a year now, and they have always explained moves that cannot be learned normally in the same way (as above).
Adding onto that, where do you see on the CoroCoro scan that those attacks listed (and pointed to) were the event Zoroark attacks? If you look at them closely, Claw Sharpen is not one of them.

Well, if you're referring to my post where I listed the attacks, that came straight from Serebii's pages on the Zorua and Zoroark events. Are you sure it said it would actually know the moves when caught, or just that it could learn them? *shrug* I just looked up the old Bulbanews article on it and it just said "it has two new moves," which I suppose could mean either "has them" or "can learn them."

OverTheRainbowSoilder
June 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I truly hope that Zoroark is able to breed because I have over 200 Pokemon at level 100, which I then breed. If I can breed Zoroark, then I can have a Zorua with amazing stats :D

dieter57
June 19th, 2010, 07:07 PM
i think it won't be JUST an event pokemon. u will most likely be able to get a zorua in an egg like you did with riolu.

MrGriszell
June 19th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Eh either way it wont matter to be because i have the crown dogs, and ill be getting the celibe from the movies, but i do know it sucks because not everyone can get them, wasn't easy for me to get either

EmzStar
June 19th, 2010, 11:51 PM
It better be avaliable in normal Gameplay, I can't use WiFi (Stupid Nintendo, not making WPA Compatiable!) and I have TWO Game stores in Town but the events are always in London! So I'll probably have to use AR (Even though I hate cheating.), I was hoping to put Zoroark in my Team!:(

tikki
June 20th, 2010, 12:34 AM
If this is a strictly event-based pokemon, it's a pretty sad attempt at making a pokemon seem special, in my opinion. I really like zoroark's design but if it is going to be that ridiculously difficult to obtain it or its pre-evo, I have absolutely no qualms with whipping out my AR. And if I'm that picky about having event status in its stats page, I have a whole google (literally) of code-creators to remedy that.

Haza
June 20th, 2010, 01:45 AM
I like event Pokemon. They are not nearly as hard to come by as they were in the past, and all of the important ones are easy to get. I'm excited to get my hands on them, and since think they can be bred I think that everyone on the forum will be able to get one too. Hopefully they don't pull a Manaphy/Phione with them tho...

Kai Yamato
June 20th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Okay, it's confirmed. It's event only. ... =_= Niiice, Gamefreak. Better get ya shiny Beasts when they come at your place. =/

MrGriszell
June 20th, 2010, 02:15 AM
well the way i see it with the gts, and sites like ebay it wouldnt be hard to get a zorak or zoura.

Lelouch vi Britannia
June 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
Okay, it's confirmed. It's event only. ... =_= Niiice, Gamefreak. Better get ya shiny Beasts when they come at your place. =/

You actually need Celebi for Zorua. The shiny beasts are for Zoroark.

Katie_Q
June 20th, 2010, 03:33 AM
ugh i wanted one :( Even when events come to australia, I usually don't no about them. Guess I'll have to try and keep track from now on... I highly doubt any cinemas around here will be playing a pokemon movie

EXO時代
June 20th, 2010, 05:02 AM
We don't get movies in Singapore too *Shrug*
Downed my dream of having a Zorua :(

JP
June 20th, 2010, 06:02 AM
We don't get movies in Singapore too *Shrug*
Downed my dream of having a Zorua :(

I'm sure people will be able to trade them over the GTS, so no worries. You'll get one. ;)

Masterge77
June 20th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Nintendo, you are no fair to your fans, making these event only, now I will never get one, thanks a f***ing lot nintendo!

EmzStar
June 20th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I'm sure people will be able to trade them over the GTS, so no worries. You'll get one. ;)
What if you don't have WiFi for the DS, like me. London is too far away to just get a Celebi or a Shiny Pokemon, it's times like this when my AR is the only option.

WillPowerPedro
June 20th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Zorua!!! One event only! How stupid is Nintendo!!!???

NateG
June 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Well well well Game Freak, you just pissed off alot of people by saying that Zorua/Zoroark are event only. Hopefully Game Freak doesn't put a classic ribbon on Zorua/Zoroark which makes it banned from being put on the GTS or else you will be overwelmed by a big increase in hacked Zorua/Zoroarks because you had to make it event only.

This is worse than the whole Game Corner fiasco.

Numbers
June 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'd like it to be available as an event but ALSO be available in-game too. Like you have to complete some kind of challenge to get it. That'd be fine by me :)

enderalex
June 20th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Yea gamefreak are aholes when it comes to this stuff i hate events especially non wifi ones. I dont want to hang around in a freaking convention center w/ people in pikachu outfits trading pokemon cards and talking about how ash's hair never grows :l

So im going to have to trade someone who does go to those things for it :p

enderalex
June 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
hey, where is the site that confirms this? anyone wanna post a link? :)

BakingBluePotatoe
June 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Black & White - Zoroark Clarification
With the new downloads of the beasts; Entei, Raikou & Suicune in Japan to tie in with the upcoming movie, further details have been revealed about the in-game Zoroark event. As we stated last month, when you bring the beasts to Black & White through the Transfer Machine, you will get access to Zoroark in an as-of-yet undisclosed location in Isshu. This battle with Zoroark has you first face against an Illusion of one of the beasts. Previously, we didn't know what causes Zoroark to change form, but a pamphlet with the download has since confirmed it.
If you send over Raikou, Zoroark will appear as Entei.
If you send over Entei, Zoroark will appear as Suicune.
If you send over Suicune, Zoroark will appear as Raikou.
It is still not currently known how Zoroark's Illusion ability will work outside of this special event. The pamphlet also further confirmed the fact that Zorua & Zoroark can only be obtained through these special events. We'll bring more as it comes.

And there you have it. Zoroark and Zoura are EVENT ONLY!

Blubber300
June 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping it'll be kind of like riolu in D/P/Pt, like, you do a side quest andthen you get an egg. Zoroak FTW!!

Masterge77
June 20th, 2010, 11:02 AM

Damn you Nintendo, damn you all to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

enderalex
June 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM

thanks for posting the article, and yea that's cold game freak, coooooold :(

NA3LKER
June 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
maybe it will be like riolu in DP, and you can only get one. but unless nintendo want to annoy a lot of people, they will make a way to get zorua

southharmon
June 20th, 2010, 10:43 PM
i'm just glad i have wifi so that i can have someone breed me a zorua. the only cool aspect of this is that everyone who is pissed at gamefreak for making it event only can ban together and help each other out

Masterge77
June 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I can't help it thay made it event only, and they have this rule : One an event Pokemon, always one, meaning that no matter how many games are made, Zorua and Zoraork will be event only for the remainder of eternity (unless the US version lats you get them in-game, as I doubt they will)

NateG
June 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I can't help it thay made it event only, and they have this rule : One an event Pokemon, always one, meaning that no matter how many games are made, Zorua and Zoraork will be event only for the remainder of eternity (unless the US version lats you get them in-game, as I doubt they will)

I would also like to say that Zorua and Zoroark are legendaries even though they have an evolution line. Events = legendaries.

Azure-Supernova
June 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Oh great, you think it sucks having so little events in the US? There's next to none over here in the UK. My lord, I may have to cave into an AR *hangs head in shame*

Masterge77
June 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I bet that since they are event only, they will be at the very bottom of the Pokedex after Reshiram and Zekrom, I am pissed about this, and I have no WiFi, I will probably send a letter to Nintendo saying that we want Zorua to be obtainable in game, but I will proabably get an automated answer, so I would then send a million letters, or make a petition to make Zorua obtainable in-game in the english versions, much like Ranger Net was in the US version of the first Pokemon Ranger game

This is so bitter of you Game Freak, making Zorua event only, once again, you care nothing about your fans, only your selfish selves.......

Apparently, they are trying to combine game canon with anime canon, something Tajiri was trying to avoid when making the franchise, this leads to the overflow of events currently, and Japan gets all the good events, while we in the states and Europe get very little, often crappy events. The overflow of events is crazy, events were scarce until near the end of gen 3, when they then went bonkers with it, all up to the point where several fans (including me) have nicknamed the company "Event Freak", much like "The Hitler Channel" is to the History Channel

Personally, I think they should have never came up with the idea of event Pokemon, It's not like Game Freak is getting enough money as it is, Nintendo is just simply using them to get themselves money, all to spend on the animes countless filler episodes and pointless Wii accessories like the Wii Zapper, in other words, they are wasting it on pointless things

So we should make a petition so that Zorua is obtainable in-game when the english versions come, it will hopefully not fail since this is Pokemon and not Mother 3, a game which every petition to NOA to translate the game has failed, to the point where the fans had to translate it themselves......

Azure-Supernova
June 26th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I liked it back when I didn't have to travel halfway across the country (because let's face it, the only UK events will happen in London and not the WM) to get ONE freaking Pokémon. It's like dangling a carrot on a stick, but the carrot is on the other side of the ocean.

NateG
June 27th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I just saw the new trailer for Black/White and it showed Zoroark and Zorua. Zoroark was disguised as Hihidaruma. Thanks for rubbing it in Game Freak! :|

I should also note that Zoroark loses it's transformation when it takes damage based on what I saw in the trailer. This might not be true though.

Charizard★
June 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Hopefully that isn't true, since I don't have Wi-Fi or any of the recent Events. :/

Masterge77
June 30th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I think Game Freak should go to hell for doing this to us, making a Pokemon we all wanted when we got the games event only, and since I don't have WiFi, it's wrong, this is so very wrong in a million ways *protests*

jackjt8
June 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM
have you heard of AR
when the cheats come out, then.....

Mew~
June 30th, 2010, 08:08 AM
have you heard of AR
when the cheats come out, then.....
Not everyone likes to cheat like you -.-"...

I liked it back when I didn't have to travel halfway across the country (because let's face it, the only UK events will happen in London and not the WM) to get ONE freaking Pokémon. It's like dangling a carrot on a stick, but the carrot is on the other side of the ocean.
Thats not true, GAME set out events all over stores in the uk! I remember going to GAME to get arceus.. it was in the same area as me... theres bound to always be one close to you. Some people are to lazy to look at the areas and dates and start complaining about how the events never come to them... im not saying your one of them though, but alot of people do this :\

Azure-Supernova
June 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Thats not true, GAME set out events all over stores in the uk! I remember going to GAME to get arceus.. it was in the same area as me... theres bound to always be one close to you. Some people are to lazy to look at the areas and dates and start complaining about how the events never come to them... im not saying your one of them though, but alot of people do this :\

The nearest GAME or Gamestation to me is an hour on the bus away...

<middle of nowhere> ME <middle of nowhere>

Not to mention, I asked about events and my local (a tiny hole in the wall) didn't host. The nearest Event hosted was in Birmingham, two hours on the train. For some, it simply not bothering to get clued up, for other's it's too much hassle (and expensive) just to attend an event.

I also know that the Toys R' Us near hosted one event, but because the turnout was so little they never hosted another.

Furanty
June 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I guess we get the beast via Wi-Fi.
It's however surprisengly that a non-legendary Pokémon will be an Event.

Astinus
June 30th, 2010, 10:24 AM
It's however surprisengly that a non-legendary Pokémon will be an Event.
In America, there have been quite a few non-legendary Pokemon as events. I remember Eevee, Dragonite, and a whole bunch of Pokemon voted by fans for an event, like Charizard, Pikachu, and Meowth. Also, in Japan, they had a Scizor event, and are going to have a Pikachu event.

I'm personally fine if Zorua is given out through Wi-Fi or at a store. It's still horrible for those who don't have those means.

Some people are to lazy to look at the areas and dates and start complaining about how the events never come to them...
To get the shiny Eevee from (I believe) the Video Game Championships, I would have to travel three hours to the closest location. Sometimes, events don't come close to everyone, and those people do have a right to complain. They should have to plan an entire trip just to download a bunch of pixels for a video game.

Medaka
June 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
At least some of you have events in your countries, so you still at least have a chance at them.
Canada doesn't get events, unless they're being given out over wifi.

scooter1114
July 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM
i think it will be breedable like manaphy

solaris knight
July 5th, 2010, 01:22 PM
It will most likely be breedable, but obtaining the originals will probably limited to the events. The moveset for Zorua seems too simple. Haven't seen Zoroarks yet, though.

The Sceptile King
July 6th, 2010, 12:14 PM
aww!Darn it.:(
I wanted it.:(:(:(

Turnabout
July 6th, 2010, 12:38 PM
It IS a bit of a pain... makes me wish I lived in a more wi-fi friendly area.
Plus the only people I can trade with are the very few friends I have that actively play pokemon.. D':

I really want a Zoroark too... we'll see what happens I guess :/

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
July 6th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I believe not, since a million players badly wanted a Zorua on their team, If this is the only way, only very few will get one on their team legally, since apparently, Nintendo has lately been making event Pokemon untradeable through the GTS, not to mentin that they made them un-nicknameable due to when recieving it at the event, it has a specific owner name and ID number, I believe personally that this is a Zorua that can learn a special move that others of it's kind can't without hacking the game, I don't really want that Zorua, I just want a Zorua in genral, besides, if this was an event only Pokemon, it would be at the end of the Pokedex after the legendaries, it would actually prevent the player from ever completeing the Isshu Pokedex......They could always give it the manaphy treatment you know, you find a book with it and Zoroark in the book and then it's added to your pokedex and it might even have some connection to a possible new Rancher game when they make a new one...

Charizard632
July 7th, 2010, 01:19 PM
No way! I think Zorua should be found in the wild, but very rare. At one point, someone can give you a Zorua.

batmon
July 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM
It will be, hopefully they will do the smart thing and distribute it through Wi Fi

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
July 8th, 2010, 11:35 PM
It will be, hopefully they will do the smart thing and distribute it through Wi Fii think it will be wi-fi and Event only until the third version comes out...