PDA

View Full Version : B/W: Confirmed Pokémon Discussion Thread

Haza
June 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
This thread will be for discussing all of the currently known Pokémon from Black and White as of now... which are as of Monday, June 14:

Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) - The Grass starter Grass Snake Pokémon
Pokabu (ポカブ) - The Fire starter Fire Pig Pokémon
Mijumaru (ミジュマル) -Water starter Sea Otter Pokémon
Zoroark (ゾロアーク) The Dark-Type Monster Fox Pokémon
Zorua (ゾロア) - The Dark-Type Evil Fox Pokémon
Zekrom (ゼクロム) - The Electric/Dragon-Type Black Yin Pokémon
Reshiram (レシラム) - The Fire/Dragon-Type White Yang Pokémon
Chiramii (ラーミィ) - The Normal-Type Chinchilla Pokémon
Mun'na (ムンナ) - The Psychic-Type Dream Eating Pokémon
Gear/Giaru (ギアル) - The Steel-Type Gear Pokémon
Mamepato (マメパト) - The Normal/Flying-Type Baby Pidgeon Pokémon
Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) - The Fire-Type Flaming Pokémon
Shimama (シママ) - The Electric-Type Charged Pokémon
Meguroko (メグロコ) - The Ground/Dark-Type Desert Crocodile Pokémon

Discuss, so which are your favorites so far and what do you think of them?

Stormbringer
June 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM

so far my fave of the non-lengends that were just introduced. its typing is awesome. ground/dark is a very potent offensive combo. and that overconfident/earthquake spiral ability will make this thing deadly if it gets a powerful evolution, or if it learns Swords dance. it could be at +6 attack in no time if played right.

Meguroko (and Evo(S) > hippopotas/hippowdon

o0PinkSquid0o
June 13th, 2010, 11:10 PM
So far I really love Reshiram, I think it is one of the most amazing looking legendaries in any pokemon game so far. It actually looks Epic unlike a lot of others.

At first I hated Hihidaruma, but now he has kind of grown on me and I really like how he looks, its kind of different. I hope he evolves into something awesome :)

My Third favourite out of the new pokemon so far is Shimama. I guess its because he is cute and I guess kind of a new design being a zebrah and all <3

Azzurra
June 13th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Tsutaaja would probably have to be one of the coolest yet composed grass type I've seen in a long time.

Volroc
June 13th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Meguroko (and Evo(S) > hippopotas/hippowdon

i agreee its so awesome XD i want one, i love crocs XD steve irwin ftw!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 14th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I am so looking forward to picking Tsutaaja when I first start the game! And then I am hunting down a Chiramii and a Shimama. I don't care if they're going to be stupidly common, I love them. :3

And I agree with Live_Wire - Meguroko > Hippopotas.

Haza
June 14th, 2010, 01:27 AM
I totally see Meguroko being OU... Earthquake + Crunch STABd and an ability to raise it's attack... wow. Let's hope they don't overdo this one.

JAK3
June 14th, 2010, 01:54 AM
My Signature says alot, but yeah, Meguroko is my favorite. He is going to be a beast. :) I hope it's not version exclusive!

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
June 14th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I'm not sure whether to get Mijumaru or Tsutaaja for my starter, even though I promised myself that "no matter what that sillouette is going to be [Tsutaaja], I'm getting it."

But rightn after that I'm getting Chiramii. That thing is too adorable for words <3

I just hope they don't pull "Oh he's cute, but he's weak. Screw you."

dragonarche
June 14th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Pokabu for my starter <3 its soo cute!

Ninja Caterpie
June 14th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I started off saying "THE SNAKE IS A LIE" because it has legs but now...Smugleaf looks pretty cool. ^^ I'll still (probably) pick Porkabu (totally being his nickname) unless its evolution turns out to be crappy and Smugleaf evolves into a Chinese Lung (which it has got to. GOT TO!)

I'll probably be picking up a Mamepato on the first route, because it looks awesome (and negate's my rival's very likely Leer or Tail Whip, :D).

The crocko has an awesome ability, I just hope it evolves because those goggles for eyes are weeeeiiird. I guess I won't see them much from my backsprite, but eh...

All in all, the new Pokémon are awesome! Munna looks a bit weird and 'daruma does too, but that's just me. Awesome stuff.

PS. Haza, please don't change your text colour. On this white background, I can't see Reshiram at all and Shimama looks like Shinarma if I don't strain my eyes. @_@ Please, with that ridiculous myriad of colours, isn't there at least one that you can't see properly?

Euonymus
June 14th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Hihidaruma (ヒヒダルマ) - The Fire-Type Flaming Pokémon

Hididaruma the Flaming pokemon? .......lolwut?(and I never say that).

Haza
June 14th, 2010, 04:23 AM
PS. Haza, please don't change your text colour. On this white background, I can't see Reshiram at all and Shimama looks like Shinarma if I don't strain my eyes. @_@ Please, with that ridiculous myriad of colours, isn't there at least one that you can't see properly?

Lolz, I changed my crazy/fancy colors... my background, PC Special Purple, allows all of the colors to show without being harsh but you know me, being selfish and all <3 Hope that's better.

Cherrim
June 14th, 2010, 04:45 AM
We already have individual threads for all of them (Starters, Reshiram/Zekrom, some Zoruas thread somewhere, and the thread for the newly revealed ones from last week) so I don't think we need another discussion for them.