• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B&W official Japanese website updated

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Well, I assume this is fairly recent, but the official Japanese website has a bunch of stuff that has been recently added, including cleaned-up/clearer screenshots of stuff from the CoroCoro update, including a much clearer look at the map of Isshu, and looks at many of the new features (including total confirmation of there being a weather indicator in-battle). There's info about Hiun City, the Pokedex, and some of the new features (though I can't read Japanese, so I can't say for sure just what it says).

Anyway, the link is http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/index.html. (mods, sorry if this belongs in an already-existing topic or a dupe.)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
The Isshu map looks a heck of a lot better, and I can see some better details in it..still hoping for more D:

Everything looks the same as in the leaks though.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
This is a pretty good find. The images in higher quality show way more of the Pokemon's features. I still don't like them, but at least I don't completely hate them now.. XD;

Also, the battle images are kinda cool - I love the way everything is set out in Black and White. So easy to use. :D

Edit: Has anyone wondered what this image means yet? (It's also below in the spoiler.)
Spoiler:

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
This is a pretty good find. The images in higher quality show way more of the Pokemon's features. I still don't like them, but at least I don't completely hate them now.. XD;

Also, the battle images are kinda cool - I love the way everything is set out in Black and White. So easy to use. :D

Edit: Has anyone wondered what this image means yet? (It's also below in the spoiler.)
Spoiler:

The ability to upload save files, maybe?

Other than that: *makes grabby hands at Shimama* Do want ;_;

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Yeah, that's what I thought. If it is then, wow! Such a great new feature (I can already see cloning prospects x])

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
It wouldn't suprise me if the image is the GTS e-mail feature in Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. But hey, it could be a new feature. :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014

Spoiler:

Once the games are released, there will be a special website that will allow you to upload your save file so that you can play Black and White on the Internet. Once you're done, you can send the save file back to your DS to continue playing. Whether this will allow you to play the games in full, whether there will be limitations, or if it's just for extended content remains to be seen. [ That's from Pokebeach]

Pichu_War

Pichu from Johto
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Originally Posted by Serene Grace

Also, the battle images are kinda cool - I love the way everything is set out in Black and White. So easy to use.

Spoiler:(computer won't let me show image?)
i was thinking that it was telling how you could upload your save file to the internet, so you can have more than one, but playing on your computer is cool to ( as long black and white will use wpa2 internet security like the dsi, which hg + ss don't which stinks i can't use the wifi

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
Hey, I was looking at that website, and I think there's gonna be a Bug-Type gym. On one of the pictures, it shows the male trainer in a room with honey-looking substance-covered walls around it.

Also, at the south east, there's an island. I wonder what that could be?

And at the north eastish, there's a plateau-type building... Maybe that's the place with the E4. Sorry, I forget what it's called, I'm totally spacing right now...

And right above the Pokeball-shaped pond thing, there's two buildings. To me, it reminds me of Reshi-something and Zek-something. I still don't know their names. Directly to the west of that looks like some sort of bridge, like the one they show in a picture that's opening or closing.

I feel like a detective... =)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 5, 2022
Damn flash-based websites, never works with Google Translator. :(

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
RE: Flash translation

If you've got an Android, maybe you can try Google Goggles?

I love the new stuff on the website. All of it. I can't wait!

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Agreed. I was looking on the page for the player characters and they have some sort of text next to them. It could be names, but since I don't read Japanese... yeah. It'd be nice if we had something more fitting than "Black" and "White" to refer to them by, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
The text next to the characters reads... DRUMROLL PLEASE...

..."Boy" and "Girl".

Not especially helpful, I'm afraid.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2012
The text next to the characters reads... DRUMROLL PLEASE...

..."Boy" and "Girl".

Not especially helpful, I'm afraid.

And you would know that because...you can read Japanese? To think they would know we could tell the genders apart...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
I can read some Japanese, yes. The three characters next to the boy are "Otokonoko", meaning "boy", and the three next to the girl are "onnanoko", meaning "girl". Technically speaking a more literal translation would be "male child" and "female child", but that's just showing off.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Well, that's disappointing. ...and kind of telling as to what GameFreak thinks of our intelligence... Thanks though.

Back