PDA

View Full Version : NEW XBOX 360! Available NEXT WEEK

Alinthea
June 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Pretty much!

250HDD, build in WIFI, same price as old ones.
About it.

What you think?

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Don't forget it is more quiet and it's smaller.

I find it amazing, minus the fact for those who don't have Live.
Cause these means they can't recover their Gamer Profile on their old Xbox.
So in my case, I would have to get back, if I remember right, 600 achievements? D:

Alex_
June 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Don't forget it is more quiet and it's smaller.

I find it amazing, minus the fact for those who don't have Live.
Cause these means they can't recover their Gamer Profile on their old Xbox.
So in my case, I would have to get back, if I remember right, 600 achievements? D:
Pretty sure you can just use a HDD transfer kit which is pretty cheap.

lx_theo
June 14th, 2010, 12:32 PM

Wait, does that mean people would have to buy a whole new 360 if they wanted a bigger hard drive?

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Wait, does that mean people would have to buy a whole new 360 if they wanted a bigger hard drive?

No, they sell hard drives separate from the Xbox if you need one.
But it's pointless unless you have an Arcade since the highest GB was 120 before the new one was announced at 250 GB.

Alex_
June 14th, 2010, 12:41 PM
No. MS sells standalone HDDs.

What I meant was that if someone wanted to transfer their data from a 360 with the old style HDD they could just use a transfer kit to send all of it to the new model 360 being that it doesn't have the old style HDD which you could just remove and connect to a new console. The new 360 doesn't have the same style HDD so the old ones aren't compatible with it. I'd imagine both models of consoles are compatible with the transfer kit because it wouldn't make sense for them not to, which was what I was saying he could buy.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I found one for $3 and the highest one is $15.
I'll probably get one this week.
And I'll say one thing, this new Xbox better have a new, sleek, and black dashboard.
Cause I really am getting annoyed with the current ones bright colors.

institutions
June 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, I heard about this on another forum a little while ago!
Need to save moneyyyy.
This would be way better than my lame pro model, which I got about a month after they discontinued it and lowered the elite to it's price.
If I would have waited a month, i'd have a sleek black xbox and an HDD with 2x the capacity.

Hopefully the transfer kit will work with these new ones, but I won't be too angry if they don't.
I only have 23k gamerscore or so and most of it was enjoyable to get and i'd do it all over again.
Except Assassin's Creed that is. Damn flags/templars/conversationalist.

Maybe I can save enough and time it right so that when I buy the new 360, I also pick up New Vegas and Rock Band 3. Then i'll unbox everything and roll around in the packaging for a few minutes.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Yes, I heard about this on another forum a little while ago!
Need to save moneyyyy.
This would be way better than my lame pro model, which I got about a month after they discontinued it and lowered the elite to it's price.
If I would have waited a month, i'd have a sleek black xbox and an HDD with 2x the capacity.

Hopefully the transfer kit will work with these new ones, but I won't be too angry if they don't.
I only have 23k gamerscore or so and most of it was enjoyable to get and i'd do it all over again.
Except Assassin's Creed that is. Damn flags/templars/conversationalist.

Maybe I can save enough and time it right so that when I buy the new 360, I also pick up New Vegas and Rock Band 3. Then i'll unbox everything and roll around in the packaging for a few minutes.

See, I love achievement hunting, but I sell my games after I get 1000 Gamescore D:

Storm_has_formed
June 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Pretty much!

250HDD, build in WIFI, same price as old ones.
About it.

What you think?

well do to various circumstances, i lost my system and then everything else :(. So knowing i can get the system with built in wifi AND a large hard drive is awesome :)!!!

Edit: well, goodbye 360 slim. 3DS just came and stole all my interest away from you!!!

vibratingcat
June 22nd, 2010, 04:42 AM
well do to various circumstances, i lost my system and then everything else :(. So knowing i can get the system with built in wifi AND a large hard drive is awesome :)!!!

Edit: well, goodbye 360 slim. 3DS just came and stole all my interest away from you!!!
hahaha yay nintendo.
i have to say this slim version looks pretty awesome, and i would get it if there were more 360 exclusive games that interested me, sadly there isnt many. :(

Alex_
June 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
I went to Gamestop yesterday and had to reserve one, since they sold out the first hour. They said they don't expect any new shipments until July though, which sucks.

Agent Clank
June 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM
I want one.
cause my Xbox 360 sounds like a jet engine :D
and there is more space? man,this Xbox 360 rocks!