PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Internet save file!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 14th, 2010, 02:32 PM
I read this on Pokebeach:http://pokebeach.com/2010/06/play-black-and-white-on-the-internet-clear-screenshots-artwork that we can save a file on the internet and play from our computers, though not much is known about it yet! It sounds cool!

JakeyBoy
June 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I somehow get the feeling it's NOT talking about playing on the computer. It must mean that you can take your save with you to other carts if both have internet access. If used correctly it could even mean infinite save files per cart. I would approve of that.

Sleet
June 14th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Sounds quite cool hope you get to play the whole game on it and they dont add some stupid limitation. :)

Angelroid
June 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Let's wait and see, If it's true or not.

June 14th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Let's wait and see, If it's true or not.
It is true it's on the official website, see for yourself:): http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/connection/connection03.html
I'm excited to find out what it would be like, this really does have newer features compared to those on 4th gen, and they are not just Graphics:D

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
This could open up to a lot of new features to Pokemon.

-Multiple Saved Games
-Sharing Save Files (only if you beat the E4 and finished your region dex)
-A New Generation of Hacking

I wouldn't be surprised if White and Black is hacked before HG/SS.

Blue
June 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Yeah, this lead to me thinking about multiple save files also.

June 14th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I wonder...could we battle people over the internet and trade! That would make it better for those people with out wi-fi to battle us people who had Wi-fi during gen 4!

shot571
June 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/wifi.shtml

It says you upload to nintendo's servers. And play games on their site which then effects your game. If im correct i think this is what youre talking about.It could be a way to hack check stuff.

June 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah that's it,Shot571. So you can play games in it and get Items,cool, I hope they could add new games to it instead of having a set amount of games like the three boring wi-fi games we got in gen 4... but I wonder what if the server of nintendo crashes what will happen to the file...hope you save it back to the cartage after a certain amount of time if it erases your progress and prizes if the server goes down...though I think theirs is stronger than PC is,lol.

shot571
June 14th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Lol yh i think youre right with the stronger bit. Also I agree with the fact theyre should be better games. the three in the plaza are sooo boring. I was hoping for more in hg/ss but nothing. Maybe there'll be difficult to get items.

June 14th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I kind of want us to be able to play the games with friends online like form a group for a certain game, that would be cool. Then we will go up against another team oppose to a computer NPC game!

shot571
June 14th, 2010, 03:42 PM
What like certain friends? yh that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I've got too many too choose from in real life so it'd be unfair if i pick someone. I guess it'll be PC friends :p. (got 4 WHOLE friends who play pokemon :o). I wonder if the games will involve your actual pokemon. Like the pokeathalon but more stats based.

June 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM
What like certain friends? yh that'd be awesome. Unfortunately I've got too many too choose from in real life so it'd be unfair if i pick someone. I guess it'll be PC friends :p. (got 4 WHOLE friends who play pokemon :o). I wonder if the games will involve your actual pokemon. Like the pokeathalon but more stats based.
Hey I just had a thought, what if this gen's Pokeathalon/ Pokecontest is by this method...that would save space in the main game for other new stuff! Using your actual Pokemon sounds cool, too, maybe their be ranks on the best players per game and we could have a competition of something:)!

shot571
June 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
That sounds good. Glad I thought of it :p lol joke. I ust hope they have enough measures to prevent AR'ers ans Sav'ers (even legit ones) from coming and messing up the stuff. However if it is a secret method to hack check your pokemon it could be a bad thing. They may ban you if they find out you have hacked pokemon. Which is not always the persons fault if they get it in a trade.

June 14th, 2010, 03:58 PM
That sounds good. Glad I thought of it :p lol joke. I ust hope they have enough measures to prevent AR'ers ans Sav'ers (even legit ones) from coming and messing up the stuff. However if it is a secret method to hack check your pokemon it could be a bad thing. They may ban you if they find out you have hacked pokemon. Which is not always the persons fault if they get it in a trade.That's true then you should only use your own OT pokemon instead of one's you got in trades... I think they will check and monitor any hacking going on, and I expect BW to be harder for hackers to hack compared to HGSS which I think is a good thing:laugh:.

shot571
June 14th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Yh.I hope its harder to hack.It is waay to easy to sav a pokemon. All you have to do is catch a real pokemon and edit a few values.Nintendo better get in gear and spend some of that money they earn on actually helping the pokemon community(pokecommunity:p ) and stopping all these hacks. Also maybe you can get special pokemon off this.e.g. pokemon with special moves

June 14th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Special Pokemon sounds cool, it could be like a online pokewalker, where you get points instead you get them by playing games instead of Jogging,walking,ect.

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 04:11 PM
That sounds good. Glad I thought of it :p lol joke. I ust hope they have enough measures to prevent AR'ers ans Sav'ers (even legit ones) from coming and messing up the stuff. However if it is a secret method to hack check your pokemon it could be a bad thing. They may ban you if they find out you have hacked pokemon. Which is not always the persons fault if they get it in a trade.

Trust me on this. Action Replay and PokeSAV will be the least of the worry with this.
Making a save file compatible for the PC means they can change their Pokemon's sprites, stats, sounds, battle animations, anything.
You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.

.Awesome
June 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I hope it's true. But to be it sounds like using an emulator...

mew²
June 14th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I hope it's true. But to be it sounds like using an emulator...

That's what it's kinda like.
Except the emulator only plays if you own one of the games and it will most likely be located on a website.

Wait, emulators bring my mind up to something.
What if someone has a .sav file for a Black and or White ROM.
Will it detect it's a ROM save file or will it use it?

Åzurε
June 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
This could open up to a lot of new features to Pokemon.

-Multiple Saved Games
-Sharing Save Files (only if you beat the E4 and finished your region dex)
-A New Generation of Hacking

I wouldn't be surprised if White and Black is hacked before HG/SS.

-Multiple Saved Games

MULTIPLE SAVED GAMES

Please let it work that way! Please! xD

In other news, I bet it'll have some sort of encryption or something. I'm not well educated on this, but I doubt the people making the game are wholly ignorant of the pirating community. This could either be really good or really bad for Pokemon.

June 14th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Trust me on this. Action Replay and PokeSAV will be the least of the worry with this.
Making a save file compatible for the PC means they can change their Pokemon's sprites, stats, sounds, battle animations, anything.
You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.I don't think nintendo would allow people to hack from their servers! that's where the game's file will go to, if they do then, well their not so smart...

A Pixy
June 14th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I somehow get the feeling it's NOT talking about playing on the computer. It must mean that you can take your save with you to other carts if both have internet access. If used correctly it could even mean infinite save files per cart. I would approve of that.

This Pixy approves of that.

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I've been praying for multiple save files ever since I first started Pokemon. I've always wanted to keep my first playthrough of the game and start a new file, doing more experimental playthroughs.

June 14th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I've been praying for multiple save files ever since I first started Pokemon. I've always wanted to keep my first playthrough of the game and start a new file, doing more experimental playthroughs.Hahaha, haven't we all wished for that:P

MrsNorrington
June 14th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I've always wanted to play the game online and be able to see other players walking through the same towns and routes as me. And we'd be able to instant message, trade, battle, befriend, play other mini games, etc. That's always been my dream for Pokemon. I hope this is what I've been dreaming of.

If it is it's gona be another one of those freaky moments. Like when I predicted Chiramii and how he'd look weeks before any of the new Pokemon were revealed.

Numbers
June 14th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hey I just had a thought, what if this gen's Pokeathalon/ Pokecontest is by this method...that would save space in the main game for other new stuff! Using your actual Pokemon sounds cool, too, maybe their be ranks on the best players per game and we could have a competition of something:)!

This would be a cool idea. Not putting all the little mini game things on the actual DS cartridge so that there's more space to make the story longer. :D

XxRogueTrainerxX
June 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hahaha, haven't we all wished for that:P

Haha, then I'm one of many. Hear us, O Great Developers of Pokemon.

Thunderhead
June 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I just think that it will be used to hold more storage Pokemon :/

institutions
June 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Alright, I read the small tidbit on that serebii page about the saves.

I personally think that you'll just upload your save data (limited amounts though, like the pokewalker) and it'll store on their servers. They'll then have mini-games (flash games?) and you can win items such as berries or vitamins, or maybe even Pokemon. Then you can add them to your saved game data on their site and load it back into your game, with the new pokemon and items.

Hopefully i'm wrong.
PLEASE let me be wrong.
Because I love all of your ideas. Multiple saves, etc.
Amazing.

cystar
June 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I dout its true i mean pokemon on the coumputer that isnt a rom

Red1530
June 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
This is an interesting development. I hope it will allow you to play the game on the computer. This could open up the possibility of having multiple saves if the transfer protocol can be hack like GTS protocol was to allow people to back up Pokemon on their PC.

MistahDude
June 14th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I wonder...could we battle people over the internet and trade! That would make it better for those people with out wi-fi to battle us people who had Wi-fi during gen 4!

Yeah that would be awesome! I have never been able to Wifi battle on the handheld games because they didn't support WPA secured internet. If they allowed me to upload my save file to the internet and fight people that way I could easily battle with my friends!

June 14th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I just think that it will be used to hold more storage Pokemon :/
Well that's a good thing too, for those of us who like to capture many pokemon of the same type:)

I dout its true i mean pokemon on the coumputer that isnt a romIt's confirmed by the official website so it's true!;)

IcyArceusRider
June 14th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Wow, it would be SO COOL if there was some way for us to have multiple save files this way! But probably not...I think it's just so we can get on there and play games to get neat stuff.

However....I hope the games are cool and not boring and silly. ^^

June 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
Wow, it would be SO COOL if there was some way for us to have multiple save files this way! But probably not...I think it's just so we can get on there and play games to get neat stuff.

However....I hope the games are cool and not boring and silly. ^^I'm with you, I really hope the games are cool:)!

shot571
June 15th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I know what you guys are saying bout the multiple save thing but GF themselves wont implement that. Think about it. You need two games to get all the starters(minimum two games). If they made multiple save files then you could get all of them pretty easily meaning they wont sell as much. However if they do implement it they may make it so you can't trade. Just think of the irony if you catch a shiny 31x6 ivs legendary or whatever and want to trade it to the third game yet you can't. I'd love it to have multiple saves. I just dont see it happening.I reckon it'll be the games thing.The online battling thing sounds cool. That way i can battle more.

EDIT- The guy who mentioned that the graphics could be hacked is sorta right. IF someone is clever enough then i think they can do it. Nintendo isnt the best with Anti piracy. Do they have a console that hasnt been hacked? Im guessing someone could hack into theyre server. Not too sure bout the graphics bit but they could edit pokemon i think.

cystar
June 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM
multable save files would be epic though

June 15th, 2010, 12:46 PM
I know what you guys are saying bout the multiple save thing but GF themselves wont implement that. Think about it. You need two games to get all the starters(minimum two games). If they made multiple save files then you could get all of them pretty easily meaning they wont sell as much. However if they do implement it they may make it so you can't trade. Just think of the irony if you catch a shiny 31x6 ivs legendary or whatever and want to trade it to the third game yet you can't. I'd love it to have multiple saves. I just dont see it happening.I reckon it'll be the games thing.The online battling thing sounds cool. That way i can battle more.

EDIT- The guy who mentioned that the graphics could be hacked is sorta right. IF someone is clever enough then i think they can do it. Nintendo isnt the best with Anti piracy. Do they have a console that hasnt been hacked? Im guessing someone could hack into theyre server. Not too sure bout the graphics bit but they could edit pokemon i think.If Nintendo allows people to hack into their servers then their Bakas!

PiPVoda
June 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I hope we don't have multiple saved files. I think pokemon should just stick to the traditional one saved file per copy. If we want more..then they should make an pokemon RPG for the wii or a MMORPG.

Haza
June 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM
It is just a way fo Nintendo to know who's hacking and who's not!

What if it is a way to download updates and events, maybe be a part of an MMORPG, or even customize some sort of character? As well as just playing from your PC.

Kipher
June 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I'm well aware if that someone got a bug into the save file speccificly meant to bug the storage base, it would melt down the fanbase ina week or so.

fenyx4
June 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
This development is so cool! It could introduce new innovations in multiple save files, enhanced Wi-Fi for Trainers who lack it, much-needed 'backup' of save files (in case you lose the physical cart with hours of play time and trained Pokemon logged on it, which I have done twice with 2 Sapphire carts :()... these games are going to be BIG. This truly is a wonderful 'rebirth' that the series is going through... :D

shot571
June 15th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'm well aware if that someone got a bug into the save file speccificly meant to bug the storage base, it would melt down the fanbase ina week or so.
Imagine the amount of complaints nintendo would get.Yes they would be bakas whatecer that is. Also we may be able to trade and battle faster. I just hope they include a dc percentage like they did in fifa so you can tell

Kirbychu
June 15th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I hope we don't have multiple saved files. I think pokemon should just stick to the traditional one saved file per copy. If we want more..then they should make an pokemon RPG for the wii or a MMORPG.
What is wrong with you. T_T

If it's just the same game on the computer then there would be no real point to it, so there will definitely be some extra content online.

edguitar
June 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
transfering your saved file would be a very VERY bad idea. think about how many people would edit the save file to get every pokemon, and hacked pokemon, etc. dont think that would work.

shot571
June 15th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Yes but i doubt it'll actually affect your pokemon. Because your save should still stay on the cart.

June 15th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Imagine the amount of complaints nintendo would get.Yes they would be bakas whatecer that is. Also we may be able to trade and battle faster. I just hope they include a dc percentage like they did in fifa so you can telllol, Bakas is Japanese for Idiots!, I think they will think of backups and I do believe the save file will make a copy for it self to use when connected online in case anything goes one, and Nintendo is hopefully smart enough not to let people hack from their own site...:tired:

PiPVoda
June 15th, 2010, 09:50 PM
What is wrong with you. T_T

If it's just the same game on the computer then there would be no real point to it, so there will definitely be some extra content online.

Just being a grouch..and I'd probably be too lazy to even used the internet saved file if they made one. xD

Kirbychu
June 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I think they will think of backups and I do believe the save file will make a copy for it self to use when connected online in case anything goes one
This will probably happen to prevent the event of a server error wiping out tons of people save files. O.O

and Nintendo is hopefully smart enough not to let people hack from their own site...:tired:A well-experienced hacker can hack any site, my friend.

Ninja Caterpie
June 15th, 2010, 11:04 PM
You just need a good programer that can hack .sav files.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The .sav contains absolutely jack, apart from minimal information about you and your Pokémon. All information on the Pokémon itself, such as battle animations, sprites and everything else about the game is in the game itself.

Nikorasu
June 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Sounds good, it would be cool if you got a few extras maybe ont he internet?

The one worrying thing is that hacking will go alot further, or the fact that you could maybe share your save files around the internet?

Myles
June 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
A well-experienced hacker can hack any site, my friend.

Not really. It's just like glitches, if they keep client interaction with the server to a minimum (which there's no reason not to), security holes will be rarer, or more likely non-existent.

June 16th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Not really. It's just like glitches, if they keep client interaction with the server to a minimum (which there's no reason not to), security holes will be rarer, or more likely non-existent.
i agree with you Myles, if they discover anything wrong they might shut it down for all of us just because of a hacker!

Bluemoon
June 21st, 2010, 02:15 PM
that would be really awesome ... i can use a bigger screen....

PiPVoda
June 21st, 2010, 05:52 PM
i agree with you Myles, if they discover anything wrong they might shut it down for all of us just because of a hacker!
That would be like a Pokemon Y2Kx100...well at least to some of us pkmn players.

cystar
June 21st, 2010, 06:45 PM
I think its gunna be laggy at first

Calder
June 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
It has NOTHING to do with trading, hacking, etc. You upload it to their server no file is on your computer...its like Fable 2 and the Minigames it has on the website...Basically you do a Minigame on the website and unlock an item or something. Don't jizz too early...

June 22nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Calder is most likely right, it's most likely just a mini game and after your done playing your probably be asked to return the save file to the main game to get your items or prize...

Melody
June 22nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
I see one glaring flaw with this entire system. While at first, Nintendo may be oblivious to hacking of save files, somewhere along the road, they will learn of it, and probably use server side software to VALIDATE all save files, checking ALL your Pokemon and DELETING ALL POKEMON THAT DO NOT MEET GAME SPECS. (As in Hacked Pokemon).

This isn't a feature I'd trust to be honest...because it leaves so many ways for Nintendo to be as douchey as they are with the Wii/DS(i) against Homebrew. (Because a few idiots pirate.)

I can almost guarantee that some idiot will hack something and then Nintendo will get all up into arms about it and either shut the feature off completely or put really stupid restrictions that make it hard to do things we enjoy doing with this feature. Furthermore, there's a large chance Nintendo will screw this up by locking save files by your friend code, which is sadly tied to ONE CONSOLE AND ONE GAME CARD! So you won't be able to use your save file on your friend's DS(i), or on your Friend's Game Cart.

I hate to be the rain on the parade here, but I had to say it. This feature will probably really suck, because it will not include any function that you expect it to, so I demand ask that everyone think twice before getting too excited over it.

Reshiram Man
June 22nd, 2010, 05:31 PM
we need a internet save file for this like playR.com

Red1530
June 23rd, 2010, 10:57 AM
I see one glaring flaw with this entire system. While at first, Nintendo may be oblivious to hacking of save files, somewhere along the road, they will learn of it, and probably use server side software to VALIDATE all save files, checking ALL your Pokemon and DELETING ALL POKEMON THAT DO NOT MEET GAME SPECS. (As in Hacked Pokemon).

This isn't a feature I'd trust to be honest...because it leaves so many ways for Nintendo to be as douchey as they are with the Wii/DS(i) against Homebrew. (Because a few idiots pirate.)

I can almost guarantee that some idiot will hack something and then Nintendo will get all up into arms about it and either shut the feature off completely or put really stupid restrictions that make it hard to do things we enjoy doing with this feature. Furthermore, there's a large chance Nintendo will screw this up by locking save files by your friend code, which is sadly tied to ONE CONSOLE AND ONE GAME CARD! So you won't be able to use your save file on your friend's DS(i), or on your Friend's Game Cart.

I hate to be the rain on the parade here, but I had to say it. This feature will probably really suck, because it will not include any function that you expect it to, so I demand ask that everyone think twice before getting too excited over it.If you are worried about this then you don't need to upload the save file. Nintendo stated that the Internet feature is optional.

brownkidd
June 23rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
While I'd love to see some sort of MMO aspect, I kinda' doubt it. However, I could totally see some sort of worldwide record mixing thingamajig. Think about it: you go online and play minigames and unlock new stuff, and there could be some sort of leaderboard that can be seen from the DS. Maybe top ranking trainer cards can be shown. Maybe even people could be interviewed online and show up on TV's in everyone's game.

I always liked mixing records with my friends and seeing them on the news in other games, so something a bit more in-depth on a world-wide scale would be pretty cool and simple for Nintendo to implement. It'd basically work like the Pokéwalker when your friends' data goes to the battle house and you can fight them for BP.

Total stab-in-the-dark of a guess, but it'd be pretty fun.

Shuckleman
June 23rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah that would be awesome! I have never been able to Wifi battle on the handheld games because they didn't support WPA secured internet. If they allowed me to upload my save file to the internet and fight people that way I could easily battle with my friends!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but if the cart doesnt support WPA, and you only have WPA, you can not upload the save file.......

war rock exe
June 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
This sounds pretty cool.... I can't wait until this comes out. I hope we can actually play the game on the computer without having to but some stupid extension or whatever...

June 23rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Well I think it will be by infrared or something like that...like the pokewalker...maybe a little device like a flash drive will come with it for the infrared to work...to put the file on the internet by the device...

Corruptodile
July 1st, 2010, 12:25 AM
Well I think it will be by infrared or something like that...like the pokewalker...maybe a little device like a flash drive will come with it for the infrared to work...to put the file on the internet by the device...

Maybe a USB Cable inside to connect the DS to the computer?

Regardless of how it's going to connect, I think it's a great idea.

myrrh25
July 1st, 2010, 03:23 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade, but if the cart doesnt support WPA, and you only have WPA, you can not upload the save file.......

It's now illegal to have something with only WEP I heard, can't remember which thread it was on though, it was on this website somwhere, check around for it... So it will support WPA.

solaris knight
July 1st, 2010, 01:25 PM
I just hope the save file isn't syched with the cartridge. That way I can replay the game as many times as I want and keep my original file without having to buy both games or wait until the third version.
Highly unlikely, but theres always hope.

Venusaur♣
July 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
That seems pretty nice, but what I'm really looking for is multiple save files xD

chikorita125
July 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
It's now illegal to have something with only WEP I heard, can't remember which thread it was on though, it was on this website somwhere, check around for it... So it will support WPA.

There is no law that WEP is illegal because the Nintendo wifi usb connection uses a WEP setting. All Ds lites and Ds origonals cannot support WPA only a Dsi.

pichuspark
July 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM

I hate to be the rain on the parade here, but I had to say it. This feature will probably really suck, because it will not include any function that you expect it to, so I demand ask that everyone think twice before getting too excited over it.THIS is why I'm kinda scared of the whole Internet thing. Unless Nintendo has some high advanced technology that blocks hackers (which dosen't exist...or so I think) then we're all screwed as a hacker goes, "HAHAHAHA, NOOBZ!!!!111!!11 I TOOK ALL YOUR PROFILES!!!!111"

Red1530
July 1st, 2010, 04:52 PM
It's now illegal to have something with only WEP I heard, can't remember which thread it was on though, it was on this website somwhere, check around for it... So it will support WPA.I cannot substantiate your claim. Can you please link to a news story that states it is illegal.

July 19th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well BW is suppose to support both WPA and WEP...