PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Blue
June 15th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Yes, just recently Nintendo released an image of the Nintendo 3DS:

Nintendo 3DS (Blue)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/Jowey2010/3DSBLUE.jpg

Nintendo 3DS (Red)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/Jowey2010/3DSRED.jpg

Nintendo 3DS (Grey)

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab208/Jowey2010/3DSGRE.jpg

So, what do you think of this?

Dixie Kong
June 15th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Moving to Other Games. This section is only for Pokemon games, not just consoles and whatnot.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I'm liking the control layout. Right now I can't think of anything really bad to say about it, so there you go.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
There is going to be an Ocarina of Time remake on it
http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/3.pnghttp://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/zelda/2.png

Theodore Bruno
June 15th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Ocarina of Time Remake
Star Fox 64 Remake
Street Fighter 4 Remake
Snake Eater Remake
Paper Mario
Whole bunch of other awesome games
Dang it, Nintendo. Quit being so wonderful. I ain't made of money.
Also, Nintendo won E3.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Ocarina of Time Remake
Star Fox 64 Remake
Street Fighter 4 Remake
Snake Eater Remake
Paper Mario
Also, Nintendo won E3.

Heh, can I get an "Amen"?

Still sad to see no Black and White news. The Black 3DS is my favorite. Hopefully, it's matte instead of glossy.

Captain Fabio
June 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Depending on the price, I may or may not get it.
It is more of a 'watch this space' for me.

SilverStilletto
June 15th, 2010, 12:18 PM
ooh, do i see an analog pad? that could be interesting. never seen one of those on a Nintendo handheld before... or at least, i havent. i like the red one~ but then, i like me electronics red. i hope its glossy~

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM
I am reserving myself a red 3DS the moment they hit the stores. I think they said at the Conference late 2010? That basically means Christmas. Happy Christmas to me!

But yeah, I'm a little peeved they didn't show more of the physical console at the Conference for people who were live-streaming, but it looked nicely-built, compact, and sturdy. I can't wait to hear more details about its games...Kid Icarus looks brilliant, as do Mario Kart and Nintendogs & Cats, but I'm in the market for some RPG's. O:

Yoshimi
June 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
There's something I really don't like about it. The assymmetry normally isn't a problem, but I'm bothered by how the top screen dwarves the touch screen. They also could've made it easier to grasp, but I'm not complaining that much since it wasn't particularly hard to grasp in the first place. The analog stick should be better than the PSP hopefully. It looks dull otherwise, but let's hope it won't be the next virtual boy.

Ocarina of Time Remake
Star Fox 64 Remake
Street Fighter 4 Remake
Snake Eater Remake
Paper Mario
Also, Nintendo won E3.

Lol, if remakes and Mario are all it takes too woo you, then Nintendo basically won every E3 conference since those are the only good things they're coming out with these days.

June 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
There's something I really don't like about it. The assymmetry normally isn't a problem, but I'm bothered by how the top screen dwarves the touch screen. The analog stick should be better than the PSP hopefully. It looks dull otherwise, but let's hope it won't be the next virtual boy.

The asymmetry sort-of bothers me too now that I study the pictures, but I wonder if you just get used to it whilst playing?

Dixie Kong
June 15th, 2010, 12:25 PM
It had me at Ocarina of Time remake.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Well I have to get it now, because Paper Mario is in my top three game series. It'll be worth it. I wasn't planning before, but now, I feel obligated because of that one game.

Storm_has_formed
June 15th, 2010, 12:27 PM
well as long as i can play Golden Sun, i'm fine :)
and other RPG's too...

GunSaberSeraph
June 15th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I'm really interested in the new Kid Icarus game. Its about time that series got some attention. The 3DS is already getting a solid line-up.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
There's something I really don't like about it.

It's made by Nintendo. That's your problem, right?

I want the new Nintendogs game and Paper Mario as well because Paper Mario has always been like a pop-up book so it would be good in 3D. I don't think that Kid Icarus looks very good though I saw the trailer and it is nothing like the original Kid Icarus.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 12:41 PM

I want the new Nintendogs game and Paper Mario as well because Paper Mario has always been like a pop-up book so it would be good in 3D. I don't think that Kid Icarus looks very good though I saw the trailer and it is nothing like the original Kid Icarus.

The original Kid Icarus looked like this.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/1215755238-00.png

I doubt anyone would approve of that. ;] And they were using Pit's Brawl design. It looks good on him. "Eager" describes it fairly well. As far as actual gameplay goes, my only worry is that it'll end up playing kinda like that one Star Fox.

.Awesome
June 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Are these for real? They look awesome. I especially like the blue 3DS.

lynds
June 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I am liking the look of this! Maybe I will get it :D

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I doubt anyone would approve of that. ;] And they were using Pit's Brawl design. It looks good on him. "Eager" describes it fairly well. As far as actual gameplay goes, my only worry is that it'll end up playing kinda like that one Star Fox.

Okay I think it looks fun but it's like a completely different type of game to the original. I think it's good that they brought the series back though. Maybe they brought it back because a lot of people found out about Kid Icarus because of Super Smash Bros. That's how I found out about it, and then I downloaded it on the Virtual Console!

Rich Boy Rob
June 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'm definitely getting the blue one. I like the new analogue stick and addition of a home button, but I think the new locations of the Start/Select buttons could be slightly annoying. Also the fact they've flipped the side that the power button is on will probably annoy me to begin with, but that's just cause I'm used to DSi.

It had me at Ocarina of Time remake.

Corvus of the Black Night
June 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I won't be getting a 3DS, just because 3D burns my eyes.

Kid Icarus though... I'm a huge KI fan so I had a huge fangasm when I saw those pretty screens. I'm interested to see how the gameplay comes out - I doubt it'll be anything like the original Kid Icarus but they might implement certain elements to make it more interesting.

Monoeyes o.o

Despite not being fully related to the 3DS, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn looks awesome too. I can't wait to get my hands on these games.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM
You can turn the 3D off it you don't want it.

June 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Well if that's the case why would I waste my money buying it? :/

Dixie Kong
June 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
You know, if they're bringing Kid Icarus back, then I will hope and pray Earthbound/Mother gets revived.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 02:09 PM
You know, if they're bringing Kid Icarus back, then I will hope and pray Earthbound/Mother gets revived.

You had to go and say that, didn't you? That's gonna be in my brain until it actually happens. Now I'm imagining what they could do with the trippy backgrounds plus 3D effects. @.@

Barney.
June 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Before the show, I wasn't interested at all. BUT NOW OMFGAGSDGHSFGHHJKJKF.

I'm so ****ing excited, Kid Icarus? Ocarina of Time? Snake Eater!? AAAAAHHHHH

Captain Fabio
June 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I am really interested in getting my hands on it somewhere to see what it is like.
They are bigging it up to be amazing, so I have to see it for myself before I can really comment on it.

I would prefer it to be the size of the XL though, as I doubt I could go back to that size, since I own a XL.

Heart's Soul
June 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Possibly two Kingdom Hearts games make my friend happy.
Possibly two Final Fantasy games make me happy.

We then realized that the games are spin-offs.

Anyway, Ura Zelda 3DS is NOT known. This may be a tech demo, we may not get this game. Nintendo said nothing about it, but Star Fox 64 3D is that both me and my friend want. Besides, 70 games are being made right now, who DOESN'T WANT THAT?

Sorry, Mother is NOT on the list. It's around the size of a DSi, maybe XL.

Jolene
June 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
It won't be the size of an XL. Those were made for people with bad eyesight.

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 02:22 PM
For anyone who's curious...
Username:
Pass:
nintendo

http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

Heart's Soul
June 15th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Well, the screen won't. It's only 3.5" (top) and around 3" (bottom).

I saw the E3 announcement... live.

EDIT: Thank you!

Blackhebrew2
June 15th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Im slightly confused is this going to be a completely new console with no ties ins to the original ds or is it going to be ANOTHER extra ds.

I dont mean to spoil the party but its getting out of hand. And people are buying them all. Its kinda scary how much people will spend on games/consoles.

While I understand it may be some peoples passion and love. Alot of casual gamers will pick it up and it will begin to collect dust. Its rather sickening

All my uncles aunts friends etc. buy the newest version all the time. I still have my phat ds. I love it but I dont see the reason of buying an upgraded ds if this one can do all the same things albeit a few.

Please don't flame me I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. So I would love to hear the other side of the arguement.

Åzurε
June 15th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Im slightly confused is this going to be a completely new console with no ties ins to the original ds or is it going to be ANOTHER extra ds.

I dont mean to spoil the party but its getting out of hand. And people are buying them all. Its kinda scary how much people will spend on games/consoles.

While I understand it may be some peoples passion and love. Alot of casual gamers will pick it up and it will begin to collect dust. Its rather sickening

All my uncles aunts friends etc. buy the newest version all the time. I still have my phat ds. I love it but I dont see the reason of buying an upgraded ds if this one can do all the same things albeit a few.

Please don't flame me I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. So I would love to hear the other side of the arguement.

Well, the other side of the argument is that this is (going to be) a new system with it's own games. It'll still play DS cards, but it's not just a DS.
If somebody buys a system and doesn't play it, that's their business.

June 15th, 2010, 02:52 PM

Well, aside the 3D aspect, the 3DS also offers massively improved graphics. And the titles that are coming out for it all look very interesting. So if you're not into 3D (like me) you still have several incentives there.

For anyone who's curious...
Username:
Pass:
nintendo

http://press.nintendo.com/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

You're a star! Games that interest me:

Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil: Revelations, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs & Cats, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Batman franchise (please be a non-Lego game that doesn't suck!) and Assassin's Creed.

There you are, Corvidae. That's plenty of reasons, even with the 3D dubiousness. :D

It's DS in name only - Dual Screen. Everything else has been upgraded and improved, the 3D functionality has been added, and 3DS games won't be able to work on a normal DS or DSi console. So it's pretty much what the GameBoy Advance was to th GameBoy/GBC. And pretty much every Nintendo fan owned a GameBoy Advance, despite it still being called GameBoy.

June 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Aw, damn, I feel so stupid now. The 3DS is backwards compatible with other DS games, not the games themselves >_>

I'll NEED to get a 3DS now. Ah well. The list of titles already is a good reason to pick it up.

Dixie Kong
June 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
You had to go and say that, didn't you? That's gonna be in my brain until it actually happens. Now I'm imagining what they could do with the trippy backgrounds plus 3D effects. @.@

Yes. >:) It would be amazing. I really hope they do this, seeing that other games are making a comeback. Didn't I see Star Fox 64 remake? Doin' a barrel roll for that one, I tell ya.

Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil: Revelations, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs & Cats, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Batman franchise (please be a non-Lego game that doesn't suck!) and Assassin's Creed.

Ohh, this thing has grabbed my heart again! OoT remake and a Kingdom Hearts game? I feel like a 10 year old girl swooning over Justin Beiber!

Agent Clank
June 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I would love to buy this :D
but I know Its going to cost alot :(
I would get The blue one cause I love the color blue.
the reason I would get it would be for The Paper Mario remake!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I want to buy one! I want the blue one:) I want it so I can play the KH game and the FF game in the list of upcoming titles for it and in case gen 5's third version or the Hoenn remakes are on it if the gen 6 games are...

vietazn654
June 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I totally love the blue one! And is that an analog stick or something?

Storm_has_formed
June 15th, 2010, 05:38 PM
does Nintendo enjoy keeping me poor? When i saw the list of games in development, i knew that its gonna be a spending year...

Yoshimi
June 15th, 2010, 05:42 PM

As much as I hate Nintendo for sucking the **** of the casual gamer so hard that otherwise mediocre games are treated as gems just because they're violent(see: Madworld), I will be honest and say that they made one of the best handheld systems. I don't know why I hate this. Maybe it's the fact that it took Nintendo 6 years to think of putting an analog stick and crappy novelty 3D on their DS. Maybe they had less time since they were obviously too busy working redesigning the DS instead of making a successor.

Also, I'm wondering what the hell the home button is for. The DSi had it so you could just lightly press the power button and you would go to the main screen. Unless they plan on making "home" something completely different, they could've just done that.

I'm pretty sure the DSiXL was made to appease the older audiences above all else.

Niprop
June 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I'll wait for the next revi...Aww, nah, I'll just get this model, and all the other models after that, like I always do! And the games to launch are well, awesome!

Yamikarasu
June 15th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I have a feeling I'll be camping out for this one. I camped outside the store for the Wii, and this just looks a thousands times better. The only problem I have with the 3DS is that it has such a glossy finish. I had hoped that had gone out of style with the DS Lite. :/

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I would love to buy this :D
but I know Its going to cost alot :(
I would get The blue one cause I love the color blue.
the reason I would get it would be for The Paper Mario remake!

Given screenshots like these:

http://e3src.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/papermario/1.png
http://e3src.nintendo.com/images/ctr/othergames/papermario/4.png

... I don't think its a remake.

Hibaru
June 15th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Holy Love!!! Those are Great! Too bad there weren't Purple. But I'll choose the Red one! I also like Red! My friend probably choose Blue. Thanks for the Information buddy! :D

SIN1488
June 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM
YES! I was just thinking that they need to make another Paper Mario with the old formula, with turn-based battles and such. And I hope the Ocarina of Time remake is true.....

As for the 3DS itself, I like the fact that it has an analog stick, but I'm not too sure on the placement of the power on/off button. It's not as bad as the one on the OG DS, but it seems to easy to press if you are getting to into a game. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's nothing wrong with making it a bit smaller.

Eпvy
June 15th, 2010, 08:46 PM
An Animal Crossing that looks like they actually got off of the couch to make, an Paper Mario in the style of the first two fantastic Paper Mario titles, an Ocarina Of Time remake signifying that handheld Zelda's are being taken to the next level. (in other words no more/less top-down style Zelda's)

So impressive it's mind-blowing! (and it made me squeal. xD)

Also excited for the Kingdom Hearts game, because yeah I like that series. ^_^

I might have to check out the Kid Icarus game as well. Not at the top of my list, though. However, it must be noted that it was a huge shock to me. I did not think that Project Sora was Kid Icarus for even a second.

Mario Kart 3DS will be a must-buy, but it's not really showing anything too impressive to me. Very likely as it should be, though. Just make great tracks again and tone down the items and it will be another great Mario Kart.

Jake♫
June 15th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Ocarina
Of
Time
Remake

Yeah, I'm already sold, give me a date please?

lx_theo
June 15th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Ocarina
Of
Time
Remake

Yeah, I'm already sold, give me a date please?

They haven't even released the release date for the 3DS. Don't count on any of the game's release dates being shown for a while now.

Myles
June 15th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to Paper Mario, Animal Crossing and the Zelda remake.

I'm not sure what colour is best though. Blue seems good, but sort of clashes a bit. Maybe grey...

Ninja Caterpie
June 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics 3D NAO. :D

But what interests me most (and has no one seen this!?) is this:

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles

:O :O :O :O MORE LAYTON.

...but this is going to make me poor. =( Being a new system with backwards compatibility, it'll make me feel like I wasted my money on my DS Lite. =(

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics 3D NAO. :D

But what interests me most (and has no one seen this!?) is this:

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles

:O :O :O :O MORE LAYTON.

...but this is going to make me poor. =( Being a new system with backwards compatibility, it'll make me feel like I wasted my money on my DS Lite. =(

Depends when you got it. I got a DSi about half a year ago.

vibratingcat
June 16th, 2010, 12:24 AM
i still dont get why they rushed black and white, and didnt wait for the 3ds.
But that list is amazing. I knew the 3ds was going to be awesome, just cause its a next gen nintendo handheld, but i never would have thought nintendo was going to take over e3. By the look and sound of the resi evil, capcom made a switch from psp to 3ds. Although i never thought much of 3d, thinking about all those awesome games in it is awesome!

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I think you can turn off the 3D, so that's another up.

June 16th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Depends when you got it. I got a DSi about half a year ago.

I only got my DSi XL this April, but if they announce the 3DS is arriving in 2010 then I'm there. It is an entirely new console, after all. :3

Ninja Caterpie
June 16th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Eh, I got my new DS a few months ago, but I'll see if I can fit the 3DS into the usual Christmas-Birthday present slot, lol. :D

SIN1488
June 16th, 2010, 01:45 AM
You know what else would be awesome? A Super Smash Bros for 3DS.....

I just want a portable Super Smash Bros. :D

Storm_has_formed
June 16th, 2010, 03:05 AM
did they mention a release date?

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 03:16 AM
did they mention a release date?

No. There are predictions for either next spring or this fall (to combat Move and Kinect). But those have no trustworthy basis.

June 16th, 2010, 03:32 AM

Ditto! That would be amazing to play out and about. And I'm sure the 3DS will have the graphical capability. :3

Alex_
June 16th, 2010, 03:40 AM
I've heard from some people who aren't being paid to give good reviews that the 3D is really sucky and it just makes you go cross-eyed. For now 3D is best left with the glasses on.

June 16th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I've heard from some people who aren't being paid to give good reviews that the 3D is really sucky and it just makes you go cross-eyed. For now 3D is best left with the glasses on.

Those 'some people' being...who, exactly? Or are we into the realms of 'my third cousin's girlfriend's boyfriend's brother's house-mate read on the internet'?

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 03:50 AM

Like? Internet links are preferred.

Alex_
June 16th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Those 'some people' being...who, exactly? Or are we into the realms of 'my third cousin's girlfriend's boyfriend's brother's house-mate read on the internet'?
http://twitter.com/phillyd

I'll take his word for it.

I've also read from a few different articles that you have to keep your head really still while playing or else you don't get the 3D completely, which could get tedious.

Heart's Soul
June 16th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Maybe we should just lock this thread and make a sticky called the "Nintendo 3DS Discussion" (if fonts work, then this is it!) Anyway, new question-

What games do you want to buy when the 3DS comes out?

For me it's the following-
Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Paper Mario 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Kid Icarus: Uprising (maybe)

Also, there are talks about SSB for the 3DS.

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Paper Mario, and probably Mario kart the rest are more bleh.

Super Smash Bros. would be beast though.

Heart's Soul
June 16th, 2010, 06:14 AM
IWATA asks! We get the answer! SSB3D!

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 06:23 AM
IWATA asks! We get the answer! SSB3D!
Sorry... what do you mean?

June 16th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Sorry... what do you mean?

I'm guessing Super Smash Brothers 3D? But I don't recall anybody talking about it in the Iwata videos I've seen D:

http://twitter.com/phillyd

I'll take his word for it.

I've also read from a few different articles that you have to keep your head really still while playing or else you don't get the 3D completely, which could get tedious.

Uh...you say it's rubbish because of Philip DeFranco? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's hardly 'some people'. He is in fact 'a person' who adores Sony IIRC. :|

Cherrim
June 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
The 3DS interests me but... idk, I love 3D in the theatres and my family has agreed that as soon as an (affordable) TV comes out that can do 3D without the glasses, we'll be buying one, but I'm not overly pumped for the 3DS. :/ I'm not even sure why.

I am already looking forward to the games on it. Specifically the new Paper Mario omg. Back to its turn-based roots (after the abomination that was SPM) and eeeeee. :> Guess I'm also looking forward to the Kingdom Hearts game but since it shows KH1 Sora & Riku, I'm having issues with where it fits into canon and thus have no confidence that it's not going to be a useless spinoff for the sake of printing money. :(

Alex_
June 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Uh...you say it's rubbish because of Philip DeFranco? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but he's hardly 'some people'. He is in fact 'a person' who adores Sony IIRC. :|
I'm sorry my source isn't up to your standard. ;(

June 16th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I'm sorry my source isn't up to your standard. ;(

Sorry, I didn't mean to be so critical. I just can't credit one opinion in the face of hundreds, most of them from professional technology bloggers...but hey, I might be completely wrong and PhillyD completely right. We'll have to wait and see (:

Alex_
June 16th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so critical. I just can't credit one opinion in the face of hundreds, most of them from professional technology bloggers...but hey, I might be completely wrong and PhillyD completely right. We'll have to wait and see (:
It's just I hold the opinion of someone who seems down-to-earth and real to higher regard than of some professional tech blogger who is more interested in the specs and technical side of things rather than the overall playability of it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I want to see some anime-style RPG's. Once I do, and they're exclusive to 3DS, then I'll consider picking it up.

But there's no point in buying a game device, no matter how impressive the specs are (and they seem quite impressive) if none of the games on it capture my interest.

3DS is still something I'm keeping my eye on, though...

Agent Clank
June 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM

Me too!
I would love to play SSB on the move :D

Mew~
June 16th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Did you see the trailer where the nintendo creators get sucked in the 3DS? Did you see the bowser bit? Is that gonna be a real game? I hope it will be :D

The graphics looks absolutally amazing! Have you seen the trailer for the Kid guys game? Thats Wii like graphics right there... or atleast PS2 or gamecube ?

Alistair
June 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM
It's just I hold the opinion of someone who seems down-to-earth and real to higher regard than of some professional tech blogger who is more interested in the specs and technical side of things rather than the overall playability of it.

When he stated that you had to go cross-eyed for the 3D effect, he lost all credibility. While true, it's effectiveness is different for different people, stating something like that as fact for everybody instantly says that he knows very little about what he is talking about, especially when that's not how the tech works at all (read: directing an image into each eye). Plus, although on a different note, he's a vlogger on YouTube. What makes him more down to earth than any tech blogger like Joshua Topolsky? These tech bloggers aren't paid for praising a company when they go to an event like E3, they are just paid to go and report on what they see. They will throw their opinions into their articles, sure, but that's it.

I'm not one to deny someone their opinion, but when some things are wrong, it holds no water to me.

As for the design of the console, I like it. The only thing I really don't like is the black bezel around the 3D screen. It's probably meant to keep your attention up to the 3D screen and prevent you from losing track of sight on your game, but it's kind of ugly. Only a small nitpick, though, as I do like the rest of the aesthetics. The headphone port in the middle of the console is really nifty, though.

The 3D is a little bit of a concern for me, as I have ptosis and some other eye conditions that usually prevent me from seeing 3D stuff correctly, but if it works, then I'm good to go. Otherwise, oh well, I'm not crying a river over something that can be turned off.

The game lineup so far, though, looks great, even for a console that hasn't launched yet. No wonder why the DS lost it's stream of good games last year. For launch, I'll probably end up getting (if available, of course), Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario.

But if you get one, which color would you choose?
-I'm going with gray.

June 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM
But if you get one, which color would you choose?
-I'm going with gray.

Initially I was all keyed up for the red version, but whenever I see it compared with the blue version I usually end up preferring the blue. I'll wait to see store demo models, but I'm pretty sure I'll get the blue version. :>

Rich Boy Rob
June 16th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I have a feeling I'll be camping out for this one. I camped outside the store for the Wii, and this just looks a thousands times better. The only problem I have with the 3DS is that it has such a glossy finish. I had hoped that had gone out of style with the DS Lite. :/

Well it looks to me as if the only part that's glossy is the top half of the inside, not the whole thing.

Guess I'm also looking forward to the Kingdom Hearts game but since it shows KH1 Sora & Riku, I'm having issues with where it fits into canon and thus have no confidence that it's not going to be a useless spinoff for the sake of printing money. :(

Well it's already canon because it's simply a remake of a Japan only game, so that won't be a problem. If you are wondering, it takes place after KHII. As for the useless spin-off, I think it's along the lines of what Re: Chains of Memories was to Chains of Memories, basically a streamlined, graphically improved version.

NOOBLMAO
June 16th, 2010, 06:17 PM
They should put an infrared distance sensor on the front of the 3DS to auto-adjust the 3D focus.

dithyrambos
June 16th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I'll wait for the next revi...Aww, nah, I'll just get this model, and all the other models after that, like I always do! And the games to launch are well, awesome!

At first I really didn't like the design of the 3DS, but within, like... an hour, this is pretty much what was running through my mind. I mean, the games alone are incentive enough to want this system. And the blue 3DS!!! It's so beautiful... it looks like candy. I really just want to lie down with it and cuddle. xD

Also, I've had every version of the DS so far, except the XL. I am a proud DS fangirl. 8Dv

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 08:24 PM
They should put an infrared distance sensor on the front of the 3DS to auto-adjust the 3D focus.

This here. Or something like it. They're keeping the camera on the inside from the DSi, so it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch. It would be a very welcome addition, judging from what I hear about the sweetspot thing.

I think I'll be building up an extra couple hundred dollars for whenever it does come out. Does anybody know when that is yet?

Nintendo 3DS: Printin' money since before release day.

dithyrambos
June 16th, 2010, 08:48 PM
This here. Or something like it. They're keeping the camera on the inside from the DSi, so it doesn't seem to be too much of a stretch. It would be a very welcome addition, judging from what I hear about the sweetspot thing.

I think I'll be building up an extra couple hundred dollars for whenever it does come out. Does anybody know when that is yet?

Nintendo 3DS: Printin' money since before release day.

IT PRINTS MONEY!!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zpmrfs.jpg
I showed this picture to a friend and she actually thought the DS REALLY printed money, rofl. It didn't help that, after realizing her gullibility, I even explained how it worked. XD

Haza
June 17th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I'm actually completely in love with it. I'm ready for something new and imagine the possibilities with Metroid Prime Hunters on this thing. I'm getting the red one the day they are released in the states.

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 04:36 AM
They haven't announced a price range yet, have they? I imagine it'll be around the $200 mark. Possibly more, since the DSi XL still retails for $200 and why they wouldn't go above and beyond that with brand new hardware doesn't make sense. Except that if you go above $200, you get into the very expensive territory which Nintendo has, for obvious reasons, been shying away from in recent years. :( I hope the 3DS won't break my wallet too bad.
Well it's already canon because it's simply a remake of a Japan only game, so that won't be a problem. If you are wondering, it takes place after KHII. As for the useless spin-off, I think it's along the lines of what Re: Chains of Memories was to Chains of Memories, basically a streamlined, graphically improved version.
You're thinking of Re:Coded and that game is just a regular DS game--not 3DS. The 3DS game they have screenshots of is completely different from Re:Coded. I'm excited for Coded (I can finally play it!) but very, very suspicious of this other game. But that's kind of off-topic. XD;

June 17th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I really hope they do the Gamestop Trade In discount like they did with the DSi and DSXL (which really didn't deserve it). If that's the case... I might actually be able to afford more than one game for the bloody thing!

The graphics were so damn good I thought Kid Icarus: Uprising was going to be a Wii game the first time I saw them :X

Heart's Soul
June 17th, 2010, 06:08 AM
IT PRINTS MONEY!!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zpmrfs.jpg
I showed this picture to a friend and she actually thought the DS REALLY printed money, rofl. It didn't help that, after realizing her gullibility, I even explained how it worked. XD

That's just the DS. This is how the 3DS operates with printing money.
http://squidtv.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/2hp1vo2-jpg.gif
Just noticed something- the trailer showed the 3DS printing money!

EDIT: The irony of this is that my site went overboard with 3DS news.

GunSaberSeraph
June 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9xe0.jpg

This is a more relevant "IT PRINTS MONEY" image.

Zet
June 17th, 2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.cad-comic.com/comics/cad/20100618.jpg

I wonder how many people are going to try that.

vibratingcat
June 18th, 2010, 01:10 AM
hey i was wondering, is there a mic? on the spec thing it didnt say anything, and there isnt a mic port next to the headphone port. how would you play nintendogs + cats like this?
im hoping they'll do more innovative stuff with animal crossing, so far the graphics have improved which is good, but i hope for more areas and items.
the mario kart screen shots look amazing. It resembles mario kart wii, with all the lighting stuff.

Katie_Q
June 18th, 2010, 01:49 AM
looks really good. I think I'll get red. I like red. I hope that ornacle of time thing's true, never got to play it but it looks fun. Though i might not get it until a year or more after it's release, since i just recently got a DSi, and i'm not made of money. i could put it on my christmas or birthday list, but at the moment, my parents aren't made of money either so they have to buy wii games for me instead

Dixie Kong
June 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I wonder how many people are going to try that.

Me.

hey i was wondering, is there a mic? on the spec thing it didnt say anything, and there isnt a mic port next to the headphone port. how would you play nintendogs + cats like this?

When it comes to Nintendogs + cats, I'm hoping for more improvements rather than worrying about the mic. It does take them a while to respond to the mic commands. Anyway, I'm hoping for a major improvement on this. Nintendogs was great, don't get me wrong, but so many things could have been fixed. I had a list back when I constantly played, but it's slipped my mind now. I haven't played in at least two years. Perhaps a better house, the ability to access more rooms in the house, have more dogs, have the dogs grow so that they can be bred, but not grow old enough to die. And this doesn't have to be done the naughty way, either. They could do something similar to breeding cows in Harvest Moon. Good ole Miracle Potion, anyone?

JakeyBoy
June 18th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I probably won't bother trying the Peach thing, I ruined it by overdoing it in Brawl. Them screenshots were always a great feature...

And yes, it does have a mic, though I forget where, lemme check the specs again. I never used it much in Nintendogs myself. Probaby won't get it a second time, because after a while it stopped being fun for me. But I'd totally reccomend it to anyone who didn't try it first time around and without a real dog.

EDIT: The specs don't say where, but there is definitely an "embedded microphone".

pop-tart-monkey
June 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I just wonder what the whole 3d feel is going to be like. I have seen some screenshots of games but it doesn't really show what it's going to be like at all

Dixie Kong
June 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think screenshots will show the 3D effects.

Ninja Caterpie
June 18th, 2010, 04:10 PM
And this doesn't have to be done the naughty way, either. They could do something similar to breeding cows in Harvest Moon. Good ole Miracle Potion, anyone?

Nah, that'd be too much work. Just come back on after a while and suddenly you've got a puppy. :O

dithyrambos
June 18th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I love those "IT PRINTS MONEY!!!" gifs. Saved 'em both. 8Dd I really hope this comes out around Christmas, then I could ask my mom to buy it for me. Otherwise... I might have to wait. :( I haven't even told her about it because I'm so afraid of how she'll react. Also, I really don't want to trade in my DSi for it. ;_; But I may end up having to do just that. :/

FloatingClouds
June 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Heh, can I get an "Amen"?

Still sad to see no Black and White news. The Black 3DS is my favorite. Hopefully, it's matte instead of glossy.
I'm pretty sure they have used a mixture of matte and glossy. on the inside is matte and outside clossy and the controlls are glossy.

Virtual Chatot
June 21st, 2010, 06:33 AM
Girls + Technology was a dangerous combination. 8D

Heart's Soul
June 21st, 2010, 07:22 AM
What's this thing called the 3DS? I'm too busy looking at the girls.

Kidding, I'm having a whole section on it in my blog, but Wikipedia is very accurate. However, some pictures look like it's in 3D, but we'll need a 3DS to look at them! Wait... [beep].

Haza
June 21st, 2010, 06:09 PM
Does anyone remember when the Wii was called Nintendo revolution and they advertised it with this pic of it it multiple colors?

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/0254838848426826.JPG?0.5254992943327711

I hope they are not pulling another one on us...

Team Fail
June 21st, 2010, 08:02 PM
I really hope they do a Final Fantasy 6 remake. That was an awesome game.

http://www.javaemulator.com/images/final-fantasy-6.jpg
Best. Game. Ever. IMO.

vibratingcat
June 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Does anyone remember when the Wii was called Nintendo revolution and they advertised it with this pic of it it multiple colors?

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/0254838848426826.JPG?0.5254992943327711

I hope they are not pulling another one on us...
well the preorders for the differant colours are already out, so im guessing it should be fine. Plus they were released like a year or 2 before the wii was released.

Best. Game. Ever. IMO.
I heard that they were making it for ds, but post ponded it for technical difficulties, or something (correct me if im wrong). From that i think there is a chance for it to come to 3ds. Also does anybody remember Ninokuni, the ghibli/level 5 ds game thats meant to come out this year? I heard that it is also going to be on "another console", making me think that it will also be on the 3ds. It would make sense seeing as they were trying to hide what console it would be on.

countryemo
June 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
I wonder if theym would make a skyward sword for the 3ds :D

Also could this mean pokemon might higher in 3d? (With a real storyline)

June 25th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Amazon.co.uk e-mailed me this morning with one of those "hey you buy video games therefore you might like..." things, and they now have a page for the Blue 3DS. You can sign up to be notified when it becomes available. So hopefully that's soonish! C:

o-/< <- this is Bob
June 25th, 2010, 03:43 AM

I think if they were making skyward sword on 3ds, it would of been announced at E3, however, a Ocarina Of Time remake has been confirmed. :D

Heart's Soul
July 8th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Best. Game. Ever. IMO.

Final Fantasy 7 would be better. Safer Sephiroth using Supernova in 3D? *swoon at the epicness*

Åzurε
July 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Starting cartridge size is two gigabytes max (opposed to 512 megabytes for the DS). \o/ Big games ahoy!

That's almost enough to fit the entire video for Sephiroth's Supernova in 3D!

NatureKeeper
July 9th, 2010, 01:44 AM
It is awesome. Though, I will get it maybe next year, or whenever the third version of Black and White is released. The reason for this that all 3DS games are crappy for me except for Zelda (which isn't really worth it; I can play Skyward Sword on my Wii if it is released). Since it is that way, I guess I'll wait until Pokémon games are 3DS enhanced (which I think will happen due to the TWL on Black and White) or 3DS exclusive. Until then, I'll enjoy a regular DS, please.

Åzurε
July 12th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Inspiration!

Augmented-reality Pokemon battles: You have a marker which designates the center of the field. Depending on the number of participating Pokemon, the spawn point for each Pokemon shifts in relation to the marker, allowing for triple battles. The whole thing is observed through the 3DS 3D camera, and anyone in camera mode off to the side or what-have-you can observe it as well- the systems operating the games could send out a signal to the surrounding devices. Size for many Pokemon would have to be scaled down, naturally, but they could get the smaller-to-medium sized ones accurate to the Pokedex. Add a couple (hundred) attack animations, some special effects (Spacial Rend could effect the background or something), badda-bing badda-boom. To render everything, it may require it's own game, however. Therein lies the icky part.

Heart's Soul
July 12th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Starting cartridge size is two gigabytes max (opposed to 512 megabytes for the DS). \o/ Big games ahoy!

That's almost enough to fit the entire video for Sephiroth's Supernova in 3D!

Yeah, it's a very nice amount for a game.

If they used that much space, wouldn't the supernova become real and destroy the 3DS and you?

redsaber5859
July 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
What am I more exited for, my Japanese black or my Japanese 3DS? So hard!
Yes I REALLY want it XD

vibratingcat
July 13th, 2010, 04:09 AM

Also could this mean pokemon might higher in 3d? (With a real storyline)
They would put other remakes on the 3ds before skyward sword. Maybe we might see a majora's mask remake? Tha would be nice. Though personally, i hope for some gamecube remakes. Luigi's mansion, sunshine, wind waker... that would be awesome.

WonderGirl
July 13th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Man playing on that is going to be so awesome!! I can't wait!!!!!!! But now I feel kinda scammed for buying a DSi xD Oh well who cares.

But the games I'm looking forward to is Mario Kart and a Pokémon game with a real storyline. Playing those in 3D must be the BOMB!!!

kasabian_
July 14th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I'm very much excited about this.
Beat's my DS lite, and I'm just too excited on what Nintendo plans for the Mario franchise : )

scotlineV3
July 16th, 2010, 04:22 PM
OMFG!!!!
I wat a 3DS, because the gonna have great games, like Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil, Mario, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon and SONIC ( But sonic colors its not gonna be 3D T_T)

Nice!!!!!!

gkenzx
July 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Should I get the DSi, or wait for the 3ds. Also, if this is the wrong place, can a Mod please move it?

Heart's Soul
July 17th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Should I get the DSi, or wait for the 3ds. Also, if this is the wrong place, can a Mod please move it?

3DS if you're patient. Why? The 3DS can emulate DSi... and so much more!

countryemo
July 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
They would put other remakes on the 3ds before skyward sword. Maybe we might see a majora's mask remake? Tha would be nice. Though personally, i hope for some gamecube remakes. Luigi's mansion, sunshine, wind waker... that would be awesome.

yea true remakes would probaly come first even though they are doing new games now like paper mario, ect. sunshine and windwaker? yea! even though not soon i guess. never played luigi one. but im thinking a remake to super mario 64. the ds one was ehhh bad

Droidz
July 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I can't wait to be able to use the 3DS it looks so awesome!

TRIFORCE89
July 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Luigi's Mansion is likely. They had previously explored the possibility of 3D on the GCN with that game. So...possible.

Haowakeorden
July 22nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if the 3DS is for sure going to be compatible with the wireless multiplayer functions of DS games?

Itstoppedatumbreon
August 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
i cant wait for the 3ds, but do you, the pokecommunity, think its worth the £200+ for a ds with a special screen and a cuple of camaras?

JakeyBoy
August 2nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
It's worth so much more than that, And that's what I'm worried about.

A DS with a special screen and a couple of cameras? I'd rather call it a Gamecube with an extra dimension and a metric ton of awesome.

Åzurε
August 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
I do know that unless I hear about some major malfunction, I'm buying one as soon as I can find them in stock somewhere.

Dooonerz
August 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
I dont know if i'll like the whole 3D idea of gaming but does anybody know if you have to wear glasses for this, because if you do then I will probably not be buying this.

JakeyBoy
August 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
I dont know if i'll like the whole 3D idea of gaming but does anybody know if you have to wear glasses for this, because if you do then I will probably not be buying this.

No. That's the selling point. No glasses. You don't need some special device to see 3D in the traditional way, with glasses. Now we have some crazy stuff with the screen, and moving pixels, multiple views, I don't even know anymore.

Åzurε
August 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
No. That's the selling point. No glasses. You don't need some special device to see 3D in the traditional way, with glasses. Now we have some crazy stuff with the screen, and moving pixels, multiple views, I don't even know anymore.
Half the pixels are allocated to each eye. The barrier tilts some to the left, and some to the right. You just have to stay in range, otherwise it won't look right.
Also, remember you can turn it off if you hate it. =D

Where'd you get moving pixels? o_O Definitely a fun idea, though. Each little pixel crawling around the screen. PixelBots! Patent pending!

TheAppleFreak
August 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Given that it's compatible with every DS title, the graphics look about on par with those of the GameCube, and it's in 3D sans glasses, yeah, I think it'll be that good.

JakeyBoy
August 2nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Half the pixels are allocated to each eye. The barrier tilts some to the left, and some to the right. You just have to stay in range, otherwise it won't look right.I sort of understand that.

Where'd you get moving pixels?Someone tried to explain it to me in IRC, and I wasn't fully paying attention apparently. I think that had something to do with the slider turning the 3D off.

Åzurε
August 2nd, 2010, 08:50 PM
I sort of understand that.

I sort of figured other people would not.
Thinking about it, that's something about how I post- Most times, even if it looks like a response to someone in particular, it's usually directed at everybody.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
August 3rd, 2010, 02:39 AM
...To play the new games? You realize that new games probably aren't going to be compatible with old systems in this case?

Lol, if remakes and Mario are all it takes too woo you, then Nintendo basically won every E3 conference since those are the only good things they're coming out with these days.

Please direct your attention to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Now repeat after me. Remakes. Are. Awesome.

Also, Paper Mario is an RPG deserving of your respect, soldier. Just the same that the new Mario Kart is a racer deserving of your respect.

Also, there's a new freaking Animal Crossing. ANIMAL CROSSING I TELL YOU!!! /explode

On top of all that there's a new Kingdom Hearts, The Sims 3, a new Professor Layton, A NEW CHOCOBO RACING GAME, new Kid Icarus, a new Resident Evil, GOLDEN FREAKING SUN...

Do you have any idea how epic win the lineup is?! >x<

Screw 3D! That lineup could generate a massive profit on it's own. On it's own.

See for yourself at http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Archer
August 3rd, 2010, 04:11 AM
This is really great planning on Nintendo's part. One of the huge problems with the DS was the massive lack of release titles. I can't see that being a problem in the slightest, here.

PokemonLeagueChamp
August 3rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
3DS? Yeah, I'm gettin it. You bet I want a handheld powerful enough to have a Resident Evil title. That and the new Kid Icarus. Pit hasn't shown up since Brawl, and before that since the NES.

And then there's always Pokemon Generation VI.....

Shanghai Alice
August 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
...Nintendo makes PSPs now...?

I might get it. I need a DS, so I'll save up.

Heart's Soul
August 4th, 2010, 08:34 AM
3DS? Yeah, I'm gettin it. You bet I want a handheld powerful enough to have a Resident Evil title. That and the new Kid Icarus. Pit hasn't shown up since Brawl, and before that since the NES.

And then there's always Pokemon Generation VI.....

Yeah... he had his own game for GameBoy. Why doesn't anyone else know that?

Although, if Nintendo created Virtual Console for the 3DS, add in 3 games from every system in there! (And 3 good games out of 4 for the CD-i, Hotel Mario and the LoZ 2 wannabes, save Zelda's Adventure for April Fools)

Oh, and 3DS games will not, I repeat, WILL NOT work on the DS because the chip is slightly different shaped. It has a little edge which will not allow these games to work on the earlier DS models. Sort of how GB games will not work on the DS, there's a small edge in the Slot-2 slot that's slightly different shaped than the GB cartridges. Will work fine with GBA games as they do not have that small indent. Good call, Nintendo.

Yoshimi
August 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Please direct your attention to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Now repeat after me. Remakes. Are. Awesome.
Heartgold and Soulsilver are incredibly boring. Why remake a game if you forget to bring the fun?

Also, Paper Mario is an RPG deserving of your respect, soldier. Just the same that the new Mario Kart is a racer deserving of your respect.

Also, there's a new freaking Animal Crossing. ANIMAL CROSSING I TELL YOU!!! /explode

On top of all that there's a new Kingdom Hearts, The Sims 3, a new Professor Layton, A NEW CHOCOBO RACING GAME, new Kid Icarus, a new Resident Evil, GOLDEN FREAKING SUN...
Kingdom Hearts doesn't matter to me, The Sims games suck, never played Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Chocobo Racing will most likely suck, I never cared about Kid Icarus, Resident Evil is incredibly overrated, and Golden Sun is for the DS. It would definitely be a system seller if it was released on the 3DS.

Heart's Soul
August 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Heartgold and Soulsilver are incredibly boring. Why remake a game if you forget to bring the fun?

Kingdom Hearts doesn't matter to me, The Sims games suck, never played Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Chocobo Racing will most likely suck, I never cared about Kid Icarus, Resident Evil is incredibly overrated, and Golden Sun is for the DS. It would definitely be a system seller if it was released on the 3DS.

HGSS was really well done, do you hate games that were meant to come back?

Agreed on KH, Sims might probably fail like previous, AC is boring, Paper Mario is tediuous (but really funny), Chocobo Racing (really?), Kid Icarus is what I'd want, RE is horrific, Golden Sun is for DS. But it'll work on the 3DS.

vibratingcat
August 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM

it's not the developers fault that you hate good games.
you also have to remember that these games are almost launch titles, if not early titles. the ds has lasted for 6 years and it seems that with each generation of game consoles, they last longer. so theres still a big opportunity for developers to make a game you like, if you have any.

Yoshimi
August 4th, 2010, 11:39 PM
HGSS was really well done, do you hate games that were meant to come back?

Agreed on KH, Sims might probably fail like previous, AC is boring, Paper Mario is tediuous (but really funny), Chocobo Racing (really?), Kid Icarus is what I'd want, RE is horrific, Golden Sun is for DS. But it'll work on the 3DS.
It was well done, I'll give it that, but Gamefreak just forgot to add the secret ingredient; FUN. And no, it isn't because I'm getting older, because I can actually play through Platinum without being as bored as I am in Heartgold.

Kid Icarus looks obnoxious.
it's not the developers fault that you hate good games.

I'm sorry, what? It's not my fault that they fail to hold my attention. I don't hate Uncharted because Naughty Dog remembers to bring more than story and the great dialogue, they also bring the fun, something that Heartgold is severely lacking.

Tell you what Nintendo, you want me to buy the 3DS? Sequel to The World Ends With You kthnxbai.

Åzurε
August 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
TWEWY sequel would be fun, but how would you do that? Another Game set in Shibuya? Otherwise, it's implied that they have to do away with the pins (different places have different rules), and probably the art style. Not to mention that it was meant to take advantage of the DS' features, so how would you actually work the 3D into a game? The gyroscope and accelerometer(?) seem like possibilities in any case. TWEWY seemed to be more of a one-shot to me. Perhaps a one-per-system (Like SSB) nonlinear sequel with cameos (Angel!Neku). I don't think I could take more than that.

Heart's Soul
August 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
TWEWY sequel would be fun, but how would you do that? Another Game set in Shibuya? Otherwise, it's implied that they have to do away with the pins (different places have different rules), and probably the art style. Not to mention that it was meant to take advantage of the DS' features, so how would you actually work the 3D into a game? The gyroscope and accelerometer(?) seem like possibilities in any case. TWEWY seemed to be more of a one-shot to me. Perhaps a one-per-system (Like SSB) nonlinear sequel with cameos (Angel!Neku). I don't think I could take more than that.

If I heard right (well, I don't really know) TWEWY would never get a sequel. Not saying that it won't, this is just my speculation.

SSB3DS would be awesome, though. If it had more characters and if Square Enix wasn't such a stuck up prick, then we'd get Sephiroth in Brawl. As a boss. The Final Boss. And Geno for the fanboys.

Yoshimi
August 5th, 2010, 08:34 AM

The 3D is already a gimmicky effect, I think if an actual sequel were to be ported to the 3DS it would be almost purely for the memory it can hold.

Personally, I don't really know how a game like TWEWY could have a sequel(perhaps there could be a different game played with different rules in a…you guessed it, a different location), but it would probably be awesome if they, by some divine inspiration, got Tim Schafer to work on it. (b'-')b

Heart's Soul
August 5th, 2010, 08:45 AM
What if the Game Card was an expanded microSD/SDHC/SDXC card? Honestly, E3 didn't have Game Cards and when someone noticed, Nintendo said "both are possible" to the idea of SD capacity or internal storage.

vibratingcat
August 6th, 2010, 04:46 AM
It was well done, I'll give it that, but Gamefreak just forgot to add the secret ingredient; FUN. And no, it isn't because I'm getting older, because I can actually play through Platinum without being as bored as I am in Heartgold.

I'm sorry, what? It's not my fault that they fail to hold my attention. I don't hate Uncharted because Naughty Dog remembers to bring more than story and the great dialogue, they also bring the fun, something that Heartgold is severely lacking.

do you think a whole game company makes a game for a single man's idea of fun? majority of the millions of people who have played hgss have thoroughly enjoyed it and they wouldnt have enjoyed it if they didn't find it fun. i'm saying that the developers have succeeded in the fact that they created a game which alot of people find fun. but what people find fun varies from one person to another, so obviouslly somebody is going to find hgss boring. That goes the same way with uncharted, it's a good game and the majority of people enjoy it, but you are going to find some people who don't like it.
A game company can't put fun into a game that everybody is going to enjoy so they would try and make sure that the people that will find the game most fun, as fun as possible for them. unfortunatelly your not one of those people in the case of hgss, meaning it's your own problem that you don't find it fun.
hope that makes sense, my english ain't that good. :P
on topic, i'm hoping for a mother 4 on the 3ds.

Revise Librarian
August 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I'm glad that there's gonna be 2 GB games and an Analog pad, though I question its quality when it's not a stick.

Styxx
August 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
No more nostalgia, I want a few good, new series. That being said... OMFG awesome graphics are awesome, I need it. Stupid Nintendo, taking all my monies! D:

Cheesymitten
August 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Everyone knows the home button yeah?
And there wasn't one on the DSi.
Have Nintendo said anything about Multitasking?
Because that would be a very neat feature.

Yoshimi
August 7th, 2010, 03:56 PM
it's your own problem that you don't find it fun.
It's my problem that someone made something that I don't personally enjoy? Sorry, you lost me.
Everyone knows the home button yeah?
And there wasn't one on the DSi.
Have Nintendo said anything about Multitasking?
Because that would be a very neat feature.

The DSi did have a home button though. You just tapped the power button to take you to the main screen. Personally I like that more than a button just for taking you home.

Team Fail
August 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Well, the idea is fresh- no other manufacturer has approached this before. I applaud Nintendo for this. If I can, I may exchange my DSi for one!

SinisterEternity
August 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Omg !
Definetely buying the blue one !! *o*
And yeah, I AM SO buying Kid Icarus : Uprising >___>
HECK that looks so awesome !

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk5HIUnaTq0&amp;hl=fr_FR&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pk5HIUnaTq0&amp;hl=fr_FR&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The 3DS graphisms makes the games so much better !
Yes, yes, gonna buy that Blue awesome Console !! :DD <333

vibratingcat
August 8th, 2010, 03:52 AM
It's my problem that someone made something that I don't personally enjoy? Sorry, you lost me.

....*facepalm*
how about we just forget about this conversation, for the benefit of both of us?
goodgood

I'm glad that there's gonna be 2 GB games and an Analog pad, though I question its quality when it's not a stick.
i was thinking the other day, now that there is 4 times as much space compared to the ds, wouldn't it be the perfect time to release the pokemon first 4 regions game?
i mean isshu is supposedly far away from the rest of the regions which suggests that the first 4 regions are part of some continent like thing. so those 4 could work well as game all together.

PokemonLeagueChamp
August 8th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Well, reading Game Informer, we're supposed to be getting....*flips to page*..Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(remake), a new Mario Kart, Star Fox 64(remake), Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, and a Street Fighter. Granted, not all are confirmed, but based on those alone I WANT IT. But then it probably will cost somewhere around $250-$300....

As far as the idea for the 4 region Pokemon game...not yet. HGSS and FRLG were to recent, not to mention there's little doubt for RSEmakes at some point. Maybe in Generation VII(because I'm sure Pokemon'll go that far)we can have the first 4 in one game. But not now.

Heart's Soul
August 8th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Well, reading Game Informer, we're supposed to be getting....*flips to page*..Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(remake), a new Mario Kart, Star Fox 64(remake), Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, and a Street Fighter. Granted, not all are confirmed, but based on those alone I WANT IT. But then it probably will cost somewhere around $250-$300....

As far as the idea for the 4 region Pokemon game...not yet. HGSS and FRLG were to recent, not to mention there's little doubt for RSEmakes at some point. Maybe in Generation VII(because I'm sure Pokemon'll go that far)we can have the first 4 in one game. But not now.

Actually, all of those are confirmed. All of them. (I'm more interested in Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, and the SF64)

However, Pokemon is ready to end after Generation VI, which will probably be at the end of the rule of the 3DS. Meaning, that the 3DS may be Pokemon's last console and we're probably getting a 5-region game (forgot Sevii Islands) by the end of the 3DS lifetime. But, by then, I'd have a flashcard.

Barney.
August 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Even if the new regions die before the end of the 3DS, Pokemon it self won't. It makes too much money for them to just throw it away..Spin-Offs and Cameos galore!.

Tyxomm
August 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
can't wait to play some games in REAL 3D :P

Heart's Soul
August 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I have the just-released Nintendo Power and it lists some interesting (but, alas, very limited) detail on games coming to the 3DS. It, however, lists games not shown in the press release, so should I make a few pictures and post them here?

vibratingcat
August 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I have the just-released Nintendo Power and it lists some interesting (but, alas, very limited) detail on games coming to the 3DS. It, however, lists games not shown in the press release, so should I make a few pictures and post them here?
sure thing, but there have already been a few other games that haven't been shown at the press release that have been listed. (eg. a boy and his blob and super monkey ball)

Heart's Soul
August 9th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Both have been shown in the document following E3. Either way, time to borrow my dad's camera.

Betwixt
August 9th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Of course Nintendo didn't release these titles until they had a joystick and they were in 3-D, woowoowoo!

Cheesymitten
August 11th, 2010, 01:35 AM
sure thing, but there have already been a few other games that haven't been shown at the press release that have been listed. (eg. a boy and his blob and super monkey ball)

That looks like an amazing game!
I'd actually love them to do Scribblenauts 3D on it though :D