PDA

View Full Version : What Is the Greatest Game System Ever Created?

Roxas
November 11th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Hm. It's pretty hard to pick. It's either PS1, PS2, Game Cube, or Sega Genesis! XD

PS2 has Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Heart II, San Andreas, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3

PS1 has Syphon Filter, Syphon Filter 2, Metal Gear Solid, and the Japanese Dragon Ball Z games not released in English

Game Cube has Super Smash Brothers: Melee, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, and NBA Street

Sega Genesis has Beavis And Butt-Head, Street Fighters, Triple Play, Sonic The Hedgehog, and WWF Raw

The Metal Gear Solid for PS1 beats all the other Metal Gears. Even though the graphics are nothing compared to the others, it's cooler. Twin Snakes would beat it, but the voice actor for the Ninja in it sucks compared to the one on PS1. And Twin Snakes was a little too fake. The first Metal Gear Solid kept it realistic, unless you used Game Shark codes on it. Metal Gear Solid 2 was way too fake. It's like Final Fantasy with all the magic mumbo-jumbo crap. Metal Gear Solid 3 is awesome! Realistic in many ways. But some of the bosses you have to fight brings the realistic score down.

Kingdom Hearts is a awesome game by itself. But I'm not really sure if it's better than Metal Gear Solid. I guess we'll just have to wait till Kingdom Hearts II comes out. It might be way better. From the trailers, It looks like it's gonna be 100 times better than any game I've ever played!

Sega Genesis is a freakin' classic! It will always be great! I played Beavis And Butt-Head at my cousin's house, and it's awesome! It's fun to play and it's funny! Street Fighters is one the top five games I've ever played on Sega Genesis. So much fun! Triple Play is more fun, though. It's the most realistic baseball game I've ever played! And it's plenty of fun. Of course WWF Raw and Sonic The Hedgehog are on it. They're my two favorite games for Sega Genesis!

Anyways, after think long and hard while making this post which took me forever XD, I chose Playstation 2!! San Andreas and Kingdom Hearts make it better than any other game system.

Rubberbandman
November 11th, 2004, 11:42 AM
You forgot XBox!it has Halo!

PikaPal
November 11th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I think N64 is the best. I mean, it was the first of its kind!

~*~Eternal Night~*~
November 11th, 2004, 11:56 AM
IMO, it's the GC, and you gotta add the Zelda series to the GC, WW was a great game! OH, and the Resident Evil games too you know.

Roxas
November 11th, 2004, 12:02 PM
You forgot XBox!it has Halo!

I dont really like XBox that much. Halo is a good game, from what I've seen and heard. But Also, from what I've seen, it looks just like Red Faction (only for PS2 and PC). But I feel like XBox only to play Halo. I keep hearing how good it is, but I never hear anything about Red Faction. So I'm guessing it's way better XD

Kyosuke
November 11th, 2004, 03:29 PM
So many favourite system threads in the past...

I don't have a favourite, because to me all systems has good things and bad things about them, in some way or anohter, but for games definatly PS2.

Crimson_Blade
November 11th, 2004, 07:44 PM
XBOX of course!! no one can resist Halo 2. IT'S THE BEST GAME EVER AND IS MAKING GOTY.!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA AND NO GAME CAN STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mewruler
November 11th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Xbox ps2 eats xboxs dust!!!!!!

Crimson_Blade
November 11th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Ohhh yeah!!! totally agree with ya mewruler. Even though PS2 is a little good I still ike Xbox the best.

drex0rz
November 11th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Xbox isn't worth anything it's junk gamecube is the best system and also is gba counted cause that is like second best it has all classics ^_^

Crimson_Blade
November 11th, 2004, 11:25 PM
How is gamecube the greatest ever when you can plainly see that Xbox has the Gold. I mean compared to Xbox gamecube is no competition.

Brittany
November 12th, 2004, 05:49 AM
*runs from the xbox fanbois*
The greatest games created for PS1 were Final Fantasy VII and Xenogears

PS2... hmm
XenoSaga, Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy X

*doesn't care much for other systems*

Crimson_Blade
November 12th, 2004, 06:50 AM
PS2 is an alright system but you have to look at the many who own an Xbox. But for the games PS2 and Xbox are pretty close.

Kine
November 12th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Game Boy, for without it, we wouldn't have GBC, GBA(SP), and the DS (and while the DS is it's own system, it's still a handheld). Not only that, but most of the best games are on one of those four.

Otherwise, I'm a classics type person, and Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo will always be the greatest systems in my mind. Flashy graphics weren't all that important, just good gameplay.

Crimson_Blade
November 12th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Why GBA I mean it's only a little mini game system with not very good graphics. And why would you say that the games are cool or good. They have no good action to them Kine.

smithy.boy
November 12th, 2004, 09:01 AM
uh hum....this is a pokemon website and u missed colosseum on the gamecube part

Kine
November 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM
But there's so much variety on the GBA. What do you mean no action? There's plenty of action. The library of games is massive as it is, and probably twice that for Japanese games (you can always import what NoA doesn't release).

You aren't really that hung up over graphics, are you? If you don't like sprites or use of 2D in games, there's no way you could've survived the Nintendo-SNES age. And really, would anyone rather play a game with a great storyline/gameplay with graphics that only do the job and nothing more, or eye popping graphics but a poor gamplay in which the game can be beaten in a day?

Crimson_Blade
November 12th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Well what are you defining action as anyway, going up to something and poking it to death?? Welll xbox has much action with Halo and all that stuff with the blood and the shooting and you get my point.

Zero119
November 12th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Dude X-box is definetly hte best. IT HAS HALO 2 THE BEST GAME EVER. Ps2 is alright but not as good as X-box.

Crimson_Blade
November 12th, 2004, 10:05 AM
I can't agree more with ya Zero. It also haas the GOTY game Halo also. That game rules. So I think out of opinion I guess that Xbox rules game consoles.

Pokemon Master #1
November 12th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I'm going with the Nintendo Gamecube,I wouldn't even consider a differen't console! :classic:

Timbjerr
November 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I'll have to say GameCube/Game Boy. Nintendo-exclusive games were among the most innovative back in the day, and they've been able to keep them modernized throughout time...

PS2 and Xbox may have more powerful graphics, but the GameCube has a better game library by far. PS2 is only good for its FF series (and I'm not much for RPG's) while Xbox's only good game is Halo (which is seriously overrated IMO).

Becca
November 12th, 2004, 02:50 PM
playstation- I love most of the games I've got for it! It hasn't got the best graphics but I prefer the games. I've only got a few good ones for the other systems. Most of my favs are for the ps1- FF7, the unholy war, metal gear solid, and some others...

I liike the megadrive as well as it had Sonic 2, and the X-box for halo

bass sp
November 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
really all have a great games like ps1 have FF7,ps2 have xenosaga, GC have super smash brothers meele and tales of symphonia,Xbox have halo and halo 2. really it is the same.

drex0rz
November 12th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Yay finally we all agree on something xbox is the crapest and is a wannabe gba dargon masta does not know what he is talkign abut gba not action who gives a crap about graphics graphics are not everything xbox is crap nothing else about it

Crimson_Blade
November 13th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Xbox is crap?? yeah right it's not always about graphics (most of the time it is) but not now it's all about the games. Usually the best game system gets the most GOTY awards and xbox does.

Allstories
November 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM
SNES/GBA, PC, Gamecube. N64 isn't bad.

John Denver
November 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Either the N64 or NES...hmm, so many good games came out on both

Carlito-san
November 13th, 2004, 06:56 PM
im gonna say PS2. it has ratchet and clank series!the best games EVER!

BigBoss
November 14th, 2004, 09:10 AM
PS2, and GBA, it's a hard fight between them. and as for all this Xbox debating, GBA may not have all the blood you want, but it has good Nintendo only stuff. Halo and Halo 2 and Fable are the only good Xbox only games, and 3 is not enough for most to buy it. GCN has Metroid prime 2 Echoes and and PS2 has Killzone. I'd rather play Halo at my friends house, not waste good money on three measly games. And the game of the year always on Xbox? I have only seen one, Halo. Fanboy power can't win a debate.

Arcanine
November 18th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Well time for me to comment on the three main systems.

X-Box: I don't like the X-Box all that much (mostly from what Mr. Bill said about the GC). Sure it might have a lot of online games. But how many games are big name X-Box games? Halo and Halo 2 are the only two games that is only on the X-Box that comes to my mind on the X-Box. I have heard they are great games (if I was given an X-Box and had to pick a game I would get Halo and then get Halo 2). But when you have just two main games (and a ton of Football games) on that game system it's not that good (I know some one that loves X-Box is going to come in and name a ton of games).

PS2: Here is the pride and joy of Sony. The PS2 has great well known games on it like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Crash (even if they sold Crash games off to Nintendo and X-Box), Gran Turismo, Dance Dance Revolution, Spyro and others. And the PS2 also plays PS games, meaning you have all the games before that to play from too.

Game Cube: Nintendo has some of the most well known characters and games ever made. Super Smash Brothers: Melee, Pokemon, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon. And the also GC has a lot of the Sonic games on it too. And it also can connect to a GBA to do more on the games that can and other things.

For me out of the three main ones I think and I like the Game Cube the best.