PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Life goes on (end-game DLC)

MrGriszell
June 16th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I will like it if life went on , maybe nintendo can release events on certain dates thru out the way, so we can constantly have something to play. Maybe they can release story arcs that would effect game play,especaily with the wireless features in black and white, does this sound like a good idea?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I'd like for there to at least be seasons, as in Animal Crossing. Not to effect the amount of Pokémon appearing, but just as a nice little touch. I'm hoping B/W will be a tiny bit sandbox, with mini-quests for you to undertake once the main story-line is done. I'm getting a bit bored with just training my team for the Battle Frontier in the Sinnoh and Johto games. >:

Ravecat
June 16th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Words can not express how much I would like the season system and weather system from Animal Crossing.

I have never been so immersed in a game as when it starts to rain in Animal Crossing.
The fantastic music also plays a part, though. Even if Pokemon had seasons/weather the soundtrack would have to be adjusted accordingly.

lx_theo
June 16th, 2010, 03:57 AM
I will like it if life went on , maybe nintendo can release events on certain dates thru out the way, so we can constantly have something to play. Maybe they can release story arcs that would effect game play,especaily with the wireless features in black and white, does this sound like a good idea?

How would it affect gameplay would determine whether its a good idea or not.

MrGriszell
June 16th, 2010, 04:15 AM
well the events we have now, for intense the celibi event really doesn't effect the overall story line. Lets say theres a time travel arc nintendo releases , the things you do there could effect the future you already have, and since you can only do it once but have multiple outcomes could give the game good replay value

Steve Moore
June 16th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Yes. Weather and seasons would make the game 10x better. I would like to see more features like those in Animal Crossing.

Tanaki
June 16th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Good god, yes! It would be cool if there was at least a little variation in the weather overall and not just in one or two parts of the game itself. If it's gonna be summer all the time in the game the least they could add is a little rain or a thunderstorm or incredibly arid day every now and then.

Kon~
June 16th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Animal Crossing-style seasons and weather would give me reason to keep going back. I barely play my SS any more since I finished it and I don't want to restart due to the amount of high levels and shinies that are on my game. If I could go back and suddenly, it's winter and NPCs are commenting on the heavy snow etc., that would be interesting to say the least.

Nikorasu
June 16th, 2010, 07:18 AM
yeah, say if it was winter there should be like a 5% chance verywhere for an ice pokemon to come?

OFcourse they would have to mabe change it for every area.
Like route 1s ice pokemon could be something like... sealeo level 2?

Ofcourse they would be new pokemon from B/W :)

Dillon_68
June 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I really hope that this is implemented!

lionrt60
June 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
yeah, say if it was winter there should be like a 5% chance verywhere for an ice pokemon to come?

OFcourse they would have to mabe change it for every area.
Like route 1s ice pokemon could be something like... sealeo level 2?

Ofcourse they would be new pokemon from B/W :)
That would be LEGEND! and also not to be off topic but we need more dragon types:(

Åzurε
June 16th, 2010, 11:19 AM
That would be LEGEND! and also not to be off topic but we need more dragon types:(

Dragon types are supposed to be rare. I'd honestly say we're good with the amount we got right now.

Hypno
June 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM
If it does affect the battles, they need to keep the animation playing of what's happening instad of reminding you every turn that its raining or very sunny.

Volroc
June 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
yugioh gives out a daily card on wifi

i tihnk pokemon should do sumthin simular, like put events on random days of the week so its not that hard to get them :P

Migueliscool
June 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Yea imagine if they implemented the seasons. I think it would be too much work for nintendo to do :( . Especially since Pokemon games aren't the usual $50-$60 price

Lord Varion
June 16th, 2010, 12:21 PM
This would be good
But they should also have daily stuff
like people move to different places every day or around the day
like in there house
in the garden to the shop
home in the kitchen

Nikorasu
June 16th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Dragon types are supposed to be rare. I'd honestly say we're good with the amount we got right now.

To be honest we need less, remember R/B/Y the only dragons I remember are the dragonite evolutions.

PiPVoda
June 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM

Like the idea. especially releasing story arcs that could effect game play. I think they should do more (if they do something like what you've suggested). Say you encounter people who need your assistance on certain days, you can buy certain items on certain days (like in the real world supply goes out sooner or later), and idk if this sounds extreme but possibly battling gym leaders on certain days? :\

Cyberglass
June 16th, 2010, 08:05 PM
If it does affect the battles, they need to keep the animation playing of what's happening instad of reminding you every turn that its raining or very sunny.

The new battle screen actually does have a little weather indicator in the corner that always shows you the weather.

I agree with most of the people here that random weather and seasons would be a nice touch to add to the games. I mean, it never really made sense that there were so many non-desert routes where it never rained while there were also routes where it never STOPPED raining. Making the weather a percentage chance would make the games that much more realistic. Also, we've only ever seen sunny weather once, when Groudon escapes in Ruby, so it would be nice if that was a possible forecast too.

enderalex
June 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
The new battle screen actually does have a little weather indicator in the corner that always shows you the weather.

I agree with most of the people here that random weather and seasons would be a nice touch to add to the games. I mean, it never really made sense that there were so many non-desert routes where it never rained while there were also routes where it never STOPPED raining. Making the weather a percentage chance would make the games that much more realistic. Also, we've only ever seen sunny weather once, when Groudon escapes in Ruby, so it would be nice if that was a possible forecast too.

I reallllllllllllly hope this is how b/w actually ends up :D id love the game even more

Cherrim
June 17th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I edited the thread title to make it more obvious what the thread is about because most of this is off-topic and I think it is actually a good discussion point.

People this is for story/gameplay add-ons to download after the game is over. Like Pokémon Ranger, I'd assume, where you can download extra missions from Nintendo WFC. If you want to discuss features you'd like to see in t he game, there are dozens of other threads for that.

Scratch that, just discovered the thread already exists (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=218822) so let's get the discussion on-topic in the old thread.