PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario bros.

Giratina666
June 19th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Remember the good old days of pulling out your nintendo and poping in that super mario cartridge. goooood times.
whats your guys best memorys of mario and his epic brother luigi?

Dixie Kong
June 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Dying. A lot. Although I enjoy those games, they annoy the crap out of me because I'm horrible at them. But I grew up with them, so no complaints on the difficulty. It ticks you off just enough to make you keep trying. Unless you're my sister...she's a controller destroyer. And she screams. A lot. A LOT.

Giratina666
June 19th, 2010, 04:00 PM
XD tell me about it. i kept dieing at every water world on every mario game. i broke about 3 controllers

Jolene
June 19th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry I was not alive in those times. I am not a cavewoman haha! However I have played the game on the Wii Virtual Console. It is not very good I think.

Numbers
June 20th, 2010, 04:56 AM
My first Mario game was Super Mario & the 6 Gold coins (or something like that) on the Gameboy and I can remember wasting so many hours on that game taking hours to collect 5 coins only to be beaten by the three pigs and having to start the WHOLE GAME OVER AGAIN!!!! It sucked that you couldn't save your game.
After that I got addicted to Mario games I bought loads of them and played them all then after I got rid of my Snes and got my Playstation everything changed. I no longer had any interest in Mario and till this day I still have no interest in it. The only game I really played on the N64 was Zelda and the only game on the Gameboy was Pokemon. It's a shame really because before the Playstation, Mario was one of the biggest things to me. Now I have no interest in going back and playing any Mario game, nor any game that comes out in future. (Though I did play both Smash Bros Games but not because Mario was in it)

Giratina666
June 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
same here so many hours wasted on pointlessly trying to save peach

Yoshimi
June 21st, 2010, 10:01 AM
Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 are the best Mario games as far as I know. They had something every other Mario game seemed to lack to me, and that was fun.
I played Paper Mario for a bit and it was just annoying.

By the way, Luigi > Mario.

Fox♠
June 21st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Riding Yoshi in Super Mario World back when Mario games were entertaining.

TRIFORCE89
June 22nd, 2010, 04:52 AM
I played a lot of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World when I was younger. Before I got my SNES I would play SMB3 at my neighbours. I never got far because a) I died a lot, and b) he got bored of the game quickly a lot, but I was always intrigued by how different it looked from the original SMB.

I also had a lot of SML and got nowhere with it. Until Pokemon, it was my default go-to Game Boy game. Put a lot of hours into and got nowhere. Despite how much I loved the Mario franchise as a kid, I was not very good at them at all XD

Yoshi's Island, oddly, was the first one I had actually beaten.

Until the N64. I got through Super Mario 64 without trouble. And then I went back and revisited Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World. I was older now with better gaming skills. I beat them all! (except for The Lost Levels)

I'm not fond of the NSMB series. I don't know why people say they get a nostalgia kick from them. I don't. They're very different from the old games. I want Super Mario Bros. 5, no more New Super Mario Bros. junk.

Last fall in preparation for NSMBWii. I played through/complete SMB, SMB2J, SMBUSA, SMB3, SML, SMW, SML2, YI, NSMB, and YIDS. Fantastic games. SMB2J was surprisingly not the challenge-monster I was afraid of it being (granted it was the All-Stars version and I could continue after dieing easily). YIDS gave me the greatest trouble. Not the levels itself, but if you're trying for 100% completion. Brutal at times.

I love the sidescrolling titles but the superb game design and level layout. Platforming is classic gaming. And these games are just fun yet challenging and send me back to my childhood every time I play them.

I don't like NSMB because of its newness mind you. Super Mario Galaxy 2 captured almost everything I love about the old Mario games perfectly. But in 3D. I think its as close to SMB5 as I'll ever get. I love the game, one of my all time favourites. Very impressed with it - and I didn't even like the original SMG that much. My only complaint are the green stars. It's boring to collect them. Its a fetch quest after you beat the game and its stupid. The rest though? Masterful.

countryemo
June 22nd, 2010, 06:36 AM
i got it on my itouch :D
And starte dplaying it. i gotta sy way better then the newer ones

Hybrid Trainer
June 22nd, 2010, 07:30 AM
Well i never had the NES console, but i've always wanted one, however i do play Super Mario Bros. on my DS and ive managed to complete the game in about 5 minutes thanks to its rewind function XD

Giratina666
June 22nd, 2010, 08:24 AM
though the mario games have become easier and easier to beat with the new power ups like the blue turtle shell

SBaby
June 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Learning how to use the jump button. Yes, there was a time when I didn't know how to use the A button to jump. I used to think dying to the goomba was funny.

And also, not having to be online to play the game with someone. You could plug another controller in and you were ready to go. And that used to be the case with everything. But don't even get me started on the greater sin that is online multiplayer.

chikorita125
June 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM
i love plain super mario bros when it come out in the 90's, i used to always got to by freinds place to play Super mario world on the snes, (witch was my Fav one).

The Concept of Love
June 25th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Luigi=Win, JS.

And yes, those games are fun. Somewhat tough, but still really fun. The Mario & Luigi series, is impossibly good and MUCH better than the main series, JSYK

Esmas
June 25th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry I was not alive in those times. I am not a cavewoman haha! However I have played the game on the Wii Virtual Console. It is not very good I think.What? I'm the same age as you, and I've played each game just like everyone else here. And I think everyone here agrees with me: The games are pure win.

Yeah, I always used to lose. The game was always too hard for us, and sure! we broke a few controllers... But did that stop us from playing them? Hell no!

Giratina666
June 27th, 2010, 11:14 AM
yes its hands down that 1. the mario games are awesome and loved by many gamers and 2. luigi is better than mario XD

Team Fail
June 28th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I say alot of Super Mario Bros games are fun, except for Super Mario Bros. 2. That was stupid. I had first, SMB 3, and then I got SMB. I also had Super Mario World, and I spent hours on all three. I sold SMB 1 and 3, but I have them on Virtual Console, and I'll spend some time playing them if I get bored of Super Mario 64 or Final Fantasy 2, which I don't because I don't play my Wii constantly.