PDA

View Full Version : Ash's Dad???

rickym
June 19th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Alright I have heard alot of diffrent theries about who is actually Ash's dad, but i dnt kno witch one to go with. please give me your thoughts an why.......

xDaisuke0
June 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
In the Anime?
I have no clue...I can't recall him ever being mentioned and they're probably just gonna ignore this fact... -__-
Not that it matters in the long run...

mortisha
June 19th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I don't think Ash really does have a dad. I know/think there has been references in the games, but.. for one I know its not Oak or Giovanni. I just know it. That would just be sketchy.

Starling008
June 19th, 2010, 04:57 PM
It goes the same for Lyra/Ethan and Dawn/Lucas. Maybe the Pokemon world has a high rate of prostitution??

mortisha
June 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
It goes the same for Lyra/Ethan and Dawn/Lucas. Maybe the Pokemon world has a high rate of prostitution??
Hahaha who knows?! That seems a little un-Pokemon-ish doesnt it?
Maybe we're just not supposed to find out at all.... :O

ORegan
June 19th, 2010, 05:09 PM

Or deadbeat fathers. :P

The best I can think is that Ash never met his dad, as most children who have their father walk out on them at an age they can remember have abandonment issues etc.

Piano Man
June 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
From Bulbapedia: "His father was never introduced. The anime suggests that his father was once a Pokémon Trainer who began his journey in Pallet Town, but it is unclear whether he is still living. An interview with the series' storyboarder confirmed Ash's father is a Trainer on his own journey. According to the same storyboarder, Ash's father may or may not be introduced in the series, depending on its necessity to Ash's further maturity and development as a Trainer"

And I'm PRETTY sure in an episode where Ash comes home for a short time (EDIT: I don't quite remember which) his mom makes reference to his father.

mortisha
June 19th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I remember in RBY in the Department Store, they say something along the lines of "That looks like the TV Dad got me!" Or it says NES/SNES I'm not really sure.
Yeah I believe that with the Anime though. Game-wise who knows though.

Benjamin510
June 19th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I remember in RBY in the Department Store, they say something along the lines of "That looks like the TV Dad got me!" Or it says NES/SNES I'm not really sure.
Yeah I believe that with the Anime though. Game-wise who knows though.

In
RBY the main character is named Red, not Ash.

mortisha
June 19th, 2010, 05:56 PM
In
RBY the main character is named Red, not Ash.
True, but in Yellow the character is based off of Ash :P
Red=Ash
Blue/Green=Gary
I THINK.
I'm not too sure

Benjamin510
June 19th, 2010, 07:18 PM
True, but in Yellow the character is based off of Ash :P
Red=Ash
Blue/Green=Gary
I THINK.
I'm not too sure

Green/Blue, is a charizard wielding, Oak. Wait.... does the anime say "Gary Oak"?

Gumball Watterson
June 19th, 2010, 07:37 PM
This thread again?! WRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!!

You know what, screw this. Ash's dad is Chuck Norris. I give up. That also explains why Ash never dies. There we go. Two stupid theories with one very, very hard stone.

Numbers
June 20th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Ash's dad is a trainer on a Pokemon journey too and and Ash will have to face him in a Pokemon battle at the final stage of the Pokemon league in a Region we don't know yet. We will also find out that the Ho-oh that Ash keeps seeing belongs to his father who sends it out to check on him every now and again.

None of this is fact, just my own little theory.

BridZworld
June 20th, 2010, 04:41 AM
That ho-oh theory would be a good one if it was true ;)

GlalieX
June 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if his dad walked out shortly before he was born. Fathers walking out has been a recurring theme in the show for awhile now. I remember it happened to Brock at first, and a few other minor characters.

Tiax
June 20th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Alright I have heard alot of diffrent theries about who is actually Ash's dad, but i dnt kno witch one to go with. please give me your thoughts an why.......

I think he's been referred to by his mom, but Ash's dad is a complete and utter mystery...an unsolved one at that. But in most of the games, your dad doesn't even exist, so...that'd make some sense...I guess. And, yes, I know your dad's a gym leader in R/S/E.

Mew~
June 21st, 2010, 07:17 AM
His mum makes a reference about his father in the second episode. She said she was suprised he got through viridian forest so fast and she said it took his a whole day or somthing... i got the episode on VHS :D

Amore
June 21st, 2010, 07:38 AM
Let's get somebody to do a brilliant post, and some mods turn it into a sticky?

I'm sure you guys just wait til the month is up on the last thread before making your own....

....if Ash disappears at the end of Sinnoh....he'll either meet his dad, or win the Sinnoh League, I reckon

yaminokaitou
June 21st, 2010, 08:04 AM
I always assumed that his father was a famous pokemon trainer who worked far away or something. I mean, Ash's mom never seemed to work, so they had to get income somehow (unless Ash's mom was living on welfare or had a large family inheritance).

Pokegirl98
June 22nd, 2010, 07:50 PM
I honestly doubt we'll ever figure out who Ash's dad is. I'd like to believe that his dad was some sort of pokemon, or shape-shifter... I mean, he's totally superhuman (surviving any explosion/fall/shock, jumping over canyons), and has this connection with the pokemon. It makes sense...

two more parent-related mysteries I'd like to bring up:
Gary Oak's parents
Roark's mom

Benjamin510
June 22nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
o
Gary Oak's parents

"I'm Gary Oak, I so cocky that I am to cool to have them, Even though I'm not as cool As GREEN!" - quote from GARY OAK!

Yeah.............. So all in all he does NOT HAVE THEM!!!!11!!!!!!!11!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!

AceDragonite
June 22nd, 2010, 08:36 PM
I don't think Ash really does have a dad. I know/think there has been references in the games, but.. for one I know its not Oak or Giovanni. I just know it. That would just be sketchy.

hahahahaha!
like cartman lol, her mom is the dad?

Diablerie
June 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I dunno...
He definitely has one (well duh, he wouldn't exist otherwise). Maybe he passed away? But neither Ash nor Delia seems to be grief-stricken...

I guess he'd be a legendary trainer somewhere. I doubt Ash'd ever meet him though.
I've heard theories that 'Silver', that guy with the Chikorita and Salamence from the Moltres episode of Pokemon Chronicles could be him...

AaronOnPokemon
June 25th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I bet when Ash becomes a "Pokémon Master" he will show his face when that happens.

Venusaur♣
June 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Ash never said anything about his dad and his dad was never mentioned in the Anime.

bwburke94
June 29th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Ash's dad was mentioned in EP002, but never mentioned again.

ORegan
June 29th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Where's Maury when you need him? XD

redbaron2005
June 30th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Okay I must say this,
because...
I been watching Pokemon sense I could count... and spell words like "charizard"

I remember in September, it was a few months before Christmas... it was 1998 it was Saturday, and that day I wanted to be a pokemon master....

well anyway....
ASH DOES HAVE A FATHER!
Not prostitution,
more of a father too busy for kids and family thing... kinda like brocks dad but worse...

They only mention him once in all the episodes.
and it just so happens to be the episode that aired in 1998 that Saturday morning on channel 5, Kids WB.

Episode 1 "Pokémon, I Choose You!"
Ash's mom says to ash.
"Come on ash you gotta get up!.........
.....Don't you want to be a pokemon master like you're father?"

sab
June 30th, 2010, 04:21 AM
I dunno...
He definitely has one (well duh, he wouldn't exist otherwise). Maybe he passed away? But neither Ash nor Delia seems to be grief-stricken...

I guess he'd be a legendary trainer somewhere. I doubt Ash'd ever meet him though.
I've heard theories that 'Silver', that guy with the Chikorita and Salamence from the Moltres episode of Pokemon Chronicles could be him...
You must mean lance, beacause silver started his pokemon journey after ash/red. you can tell because A: ash/red is in gsc and so is silver, but silver is not in rbgy, and B: did anyone ever notice how they said in gsc that it happened AFTER rbgy (hence the time capsule)?

Kendosis
June 30th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I never actually thought about who his dad was lol.

Pandemonioum
July 1st, 2010, 11:38 AM
Ash's father is Red and Pikachu that Oak gave him is Red's Pikachu. They did mention Pikachu's level is 80:ish in some episode? Am I right? It could be possible :P

Mnah, I really think that Ash is Giovanni's kid. Giovanni dated Dalia back in the day, and also Giovanni was never showed before Ash.

kinu
July 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Ash's dad is Giovanii it was mentioned in pokemon live
were it was reveled or somthing and giovanii is a pokemon master aint he?

Vernikova
July 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM
^ That was an American production though.

Gumball Watterson
July 2nd, 2010, 01:03 AM
I found a lot of possible theories for Ash's dad here. (view-source:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Ptitlei015gc004kw4?from=WMG.Pokemon)

Just scroll down to after the Pokemon types thing.

shot571
July 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
I imagine something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwExDG7n7Zg
strange thing is ive only heard of the saing never watched it in my life. but i imagine it to turn out like this.

Volroc
July 3rd, 2010, 12:13 AM
alot of you are wrong, his father was mentioned at least twice
and it was said he left on his own journey to be a pokemon master

i remember hearin something:

"we have plans during season 8 to give more info on ashs father"

its way past season8, so i doubt he will ever be mentioned, but i do hope he makes a cameo EVENTUALLY

lahorsea
July 3rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
It was funny actually, I was just asking the same question myself as I've been daring to watch pokemon from the first season again lol. There are a lot of rumours but no sturdy facts as a lot of have mentioned the script writers/story designer did not want Ash to have an active male role model/father figure.

However speculations about Prof Oak or Giovanni have been thrown out, I'm more inclined to Prof. Oak for the fact of his grandson Gary, whose hair style are very alike to that of Ash.

Apparently in the theatre production of Pokemon Live, it was mentioned that Delia, Ash's mother, had previous relations with Giovanni and they once dated, she was going through a rebellious stage, Prof Oak was by her side (they were in a cage apparently) as Giovanni said that times change just like you, or something like that, Delia eventually told Ash, who said he understood, which is probably why, there are rumours linked to Giovanni.

randomspot555
July 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
alot of you are wrong, his father was mentioned at least twice

Only once, and in the Japanese raw, Ash's mom mentions his grandfather in the same sentence.

"we have plans during season 8 to give more info on ashs father"

I find that hard to believe. I doubt any interview revealed that, otherwise it would've been big news on the various Pokemon sites.

It was funny actually, I was just asking the same question myself as I've been daring to watch pokemon from the first season again lol. There are a lot of rumours but no sturdy facts as a lot of have mentioned the script writers/story designer did not want Ash to have an active male role model/father figure.

No one said or implied that Ash can't have role model. But at that age Ash is at, people tend to gravitate to those of their age or slightly older rather than adults.

However speculations about Prof Oak or Giovanni have been thrown out, I'm more inclined to Prof. Oak for the fact of his grandson Gary, whose hair style are very alike to that of Ash.

Chatroom102
July 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
His mum makes a reference about his father in the second episode. She said she was suprised he got through viridian forest so fast and she said it took his a whole day or somthing... i got the episode on VHS :D

Yes, you are correct. And from this we can prove two things. Ash's father is mentioned more than once and is definitely alive.

In Episode 2 of Season 1, "Pokemon Emergency!" Ash and his mom have a small conversation in Viridian city, just as Mew had said. In this conversation is the following which will prove both of these statements:

Ash's Mom: "You're already in Viridian city? It took your father 4 days to get there when he started pokemon training. Oh, he'll be so proud! You're the apple of his eye!"

Ash: "Yeah, a rotten apple."

She says 'He will be so proud' and 'You are the apple of his eye' proving he must be alive. And, of course we can conclude that he is mentioned more than once by this conversation and other people's evidence. As for who Ash's Dad actually is, no one knows for sure.

Zet
July 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Ash is his own father, it's like the grandfather paradox except Ash made it the father paradox.... That or you can say Kanto at first was bit of a jiff having fish and other things in it that weren't pokemon, so it's possible to say Ash's father is deeaaaaaaaad, due to the lack of information given throughout the series that doesn't have things that aren't pokemon.

HeliowaltonAU
July 3rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
Brock is obviously Ash's father..

okjoek
July 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I think it would be nice if they had to cancel pokemon for him to meet his father, but probably only if they had to.

the only time you do have a dad is in R/S/E but even then your parents are never seen together.

RedFan
July 30th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Its CHuck Norris :DDDDDDDD

BattleFrontier
February 2nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I think Ash's dad is Riley, because just like Riley, Ash can control aura as shown in the movie Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Since Sir Aaron is long gone now, the only other person who could pass on the power of aura is Riley.

AshPikastar
February 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Oh wow I remembered a thread like this back a few months ago. Surprising to see this again.

Well if this is the case my theory would have to be the narrator. It would make sense for the narrator to be explaining how his son is becoming the greatest trainer there is. The Riley theory is another interesting theory that I might support.

Kirbychu
February 2nd, 2011, 09:45 PM
First of all, welcome to the community, BattleFrontier. You pose an interesting argument, but we have a rule which prohibits people from posting in threads that haven't been replied to in over a month.

In other words, no bumping.

Closed