PDA

View Full Version : CODWAW + Windows 7 = Error :(

~Frozen Darkness~
June 22nd, 2010, 09:11 AM
I've been trying to play Call of Duty: World at War for my Windows 7 Laptop, but I receive an error every time:

"Error during initialization. Unhandled exception caught."

Is there a fix for this? I really would like to play it, preferably with the newest patch because of Der Riese.

Is this because of my OS?

Thanks in advance.

~Frozen Darkness~

~Frozen Darkness~
June 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
haha thats what u get 4 buying windows 7Seriously. That was just pointless. Can someone actually help me with this?

Captain Fabio
June 22nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Well, is WaW compatible with Windows 7?

Check the back of the case.

donavannj
June 22nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
World at War wouldn't say anything of that sort on the box because it came out a year before Windows 7 did.

Do you meet the recommended RAM and graphics requirements? 'Cause, if this is the first time you are trying to run it, you probably don't have a powerful enough video card as far as the game is concerned, since it's probably an integrated card and not separated from the motherboard.

~Frozen Darkness~
June 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I used the System Requirements Lab and it says that everything is ok, yet I have a Question mark near OS.

If it is the OS, is there any way to make it compatible with the game?

Raaji
June 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
I used the System Requirements Lab and it says that everything is ok, yet I have a Question mark near OS.

If it is the OS, is there any way to make it compatible with the game?
I'm pretty sure there is. When the CD is in the computer, find the CD, autorun, files, whatever and right click properties, then go to the compatibility tab and go to the compatibility mode thing.

Now I'm going off that it's probably similar to Vista, which I'm running, if it's not, then I have no clue.

~Frozen Darkness~
June 23rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
It just freezes now, but i hear the error ring. (The sound from Pokemon Pinball when you lose a life) :D

Captain Fabio
June 23rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
World at War wouldn't say anything of that sort on the box because it came out a year before Windows 7 did.

Well, then it isn't compatible with the OS then.

Problem solved.

donavannj
June 23rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Well, then it isn't compatible with the OS then.

Problem solved.

Not necessarily. At their core, Vista and 7 are essentially the same. They're even both version 6.x of Windows. Plus, I haven't had any issues running older games on Windows 7.

It just freezes now, but i hear the error ring. (The sound from Pokemon Pinball when you lose a life) :D

Well, have you tried patching it up yet? It'll probably need patches to run, and the game's publisher should have it up on their website.

I'd try www.activision.com and then search for your game and see if they have the patches for it there. CoD:WaW, if it's a fresh install, WILL need to be patched before it runs properly.

Captain Fabio
June 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Not necessarily. At their core, Vista and 7 are essentially the same. They're even both version 6.x of Windows. Plus, I haven't had any issues running older games on Windows 7.

It hasn't been made with Windows 7 in mind, the problem is with installing, yes?

Then it must be the OS. An 'unhanded exception' is to do with installing in the HDD, normally, if my memory serves me correct.

June 24th, 2010, 02:11 PM
This is an issue with how the game uses Windows playback.

Go to Sound in your Control Panel and set the default playback to 24 bit 48000Hz under Advanced.

~Frozen Darkness~
July 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM
It still isn't working. :(
I really do hope there is some way to run the game, I have it on Xbox but my brother always wants to use it as well.

Spectrum
July 9th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I have no problems running the game on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It's not a compatibility issue.

Did you try Avatar's suggestion? Because that's a popular cause of "unhandled exception" errors.