PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Event Suggestions/Ideas

Klippy
June 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM
[a id]tf2[/a id][css-div="min-width: 600px; max-width: 1350px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 10px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; background-color: #292828; color: #4682B4; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;"][css-span="color: #4682B4;"]Gaming Event Suggestion/Ideas[/css-span]

http://i46.tinypic.com/2edmhj9.png http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/USE.png http://i49.tinypic.com/124vgbd.png http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/emblems/forumspecific/billsdead.png http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/gurl1-2.png http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/th_alic3.png?t=1277333210 http://i42.tinypic.com/153thkh.png http://i49.tinypic.com/72q7gg.png http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii146/klippyspics/sotw2-4.png

[a id]intro[/a id]Your ideasWhat do you, the members, want to see and have going on with relevance to events hosted in Other Games?[css-span="color: #d4d4d4;"]

In an interest to see what the members of PC want regarding events hosted in Other Games, we'd like to have a thread open for discussing, posting and suggesting your ideas for what types of games you'd like to see more of, how frequently events are hosted, and any other ideas you've got.

We know some games aren't as popular as others, but we try to get some unique games getting hosted and not just your typical MW2 or L4D2 events, despite those being the most popular two we've had. So post your ideas here and feel free to suggest games you want to play. We would especially like for you to do this, since we can choose games to be hosted based off your suggestions.

Leave posts in this thread relevant to the gaming event suggestions and ideas. Posts deemed irrelevant will be deleted.[/css-span][/css-div]

Captain Fabio
June 23rd, 2010, 11:23 PM
We have to get some tag knife matches going on MW2, Xbox and PS3, because they are the only game I have most fun on!

But just in general, MW2. =]

Fenrir Reki
June 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM
How about a Battlefield Bad Company 2 gaming event? We could have squads of four and if there is enough people, we could just have a private match for only PC players. When Onslaught comes out we could have a gaming event for that.

Klippy
June 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
We were actually planning on doing a Bad Company 2 event soon, so good suggestion. ;P

The Concept of Love
June 25th, 2010, 04:55 AM
We have to get some tag knife matches going on MW2, Xbox and PS3, because they are the only game I have most fun on!

But just in general, MW2. =]

I agree with this post. JSYK. o3o

Shovel Knight
June 25th, 2010, 08:56 AM
We should host a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament.
Though its considered an old game now, its still quite popular with people and I'm pretty sure a lot of people own the game.

Raaji
June 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'll suggest a rarer game I guess. Maybe an Opperation Flashpoint event or a HAWX event. Of course, as mentioned before, BFBC would be pretty cool, along with a private match and onslaught.

Captain Fabio
June 25th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I am sure we can get some Fifa, Guitar Hero, Burnout and so on going!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
June 25th, 2010, 11:54 AM
The only suggestion I have is that most Gaming Events centre around PS3 and Xbox 360 owners when there's the DS and Wii also having online play...although I understand the Wii is severely limited when it comes to effective co-op games. :|

But I like the idea of an SSB tournament. =]

Eternal Nightmare
June 25th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I second Brawl tourneys :D, I know there was an event before and it turned out horrible. Sad thing is I don't have wifi so I can't attend :'<.

Also Mario Kart for the Ds and Wii are some tourney suggestions. I sound like a fanboy listing Nintendo only games =_=

Xebelleon
June 25th, 2010, 01:41 PM
~ Private free roam Red Dead Redemption with Pokecommunity members
~ maybe some Pokecommunity Acheivement boosting with L4D /L4D2 Versus/Scavenge. Those Infected scores can be annoying

I agree a bit with the "rare" game idea. Should also do a 'bargain bin' thing as some of the games I've seen go for 'cheap' (less than $20.00) can be decent. There are bound to be obvious exceptions.

June 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
If you're having trouble getting L4D2 achievements you need to play the game more.

The only suggestion I have is that most Gaming Events centre around PS3 and Xbox 360 owners when there's the DS and Wii also having online play...although I understand the Wii is severely limited when it comes to effective co-op games. :|
The Wii's online functionality severely hampers any viable online gaming sessions which is one of the reasons it's not a very popular system in Other Games.
That said you're free to host a Wii event so long as you get in touch with the Other Games mod first.

Klippy
June 26th, 2010, 01:05 AM
To those suggesting Brawl, we've done those many times and unfortunately many members like to sign themselves up, then ignore their battle partner when they get a PM, so we quit doing them for awhile. If someone else would like to host one, just PM me and I'll give you the run-down of how we used to do it. You can feel free to host it in another way to the way I used to, but PM me first, regardless. :)

And since the Blur event isn't getting much action (didn't think it would), I'll get a Bad Company 2 thread set up sometime this week.

Spartacus
June 26th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I would like to see FIFA 10. Purely because I haven't seen any Football-based console events.

Cherrim
July 2nd, 2010, 04:04 AM
Maybe some Steam-game nights starting soon, since the big sale has probably drawn in a lot more people. Or at least sparked some interest. n_n;

/really just wants to play L4D(2) with some people, haha

Klippy
July 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
~ Private free roam Red Dead Redemption with Pokecommunity members

Is there anyone else that's interested in this sort of idea? I'm getting Read Dead in about a week from Amazon, so I wanted to make an event for us all that have it here. If there's any interest in this, just post here, cause I'd love to set it up. :)

Droidz
July 6th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't mind doing a Red Dead Redemption event but my Xbox got red rings, maybe if i get it fixed in time :S

Munch Dog
July 7th, 2010, 01:00 AM
I would definitely be down for a Red Dead Redemption event. That's some fun stuff there.

July 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Let's play some Team Fortress 2!

hashtag
July 11th, 2010, 10:22 AM
A RDD event would be pretty badass. :D

Munch Dog
July 11th, 2010, 11:00 AM

If you can get some people for it, then sure! Last time there was a TF2 event it was just me and kilppy playing prophunt for like 20 minutes.

JeXsus™
July 11th, 2010, 11:06 AM
What about a Transformers: War For Cybertron? It's an awesome game. I'm not sure if a lot of people have that game. ^_^

Klippy
July 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM

If you can get some people for it, then sure! Last time there was a TF2 event it was just me and kilppy playing prophunt for like 20 minutes.

Haha. Funny thing is, I'm actually making a TF2 thread as we speak. I opened up the game on Saturday and couldn't stop playing, so I'm definitely ready to pop it back in for another go, since our first one, as Munch said, failed, despite Prophunt being fun.

What about a Transformers: War For Cybertron? It's an awesome game. I'm not sure if a lot of people have that game. ^_^

If there's enough activity and request for it, we'll be sure to see if we can get an event going for it. For now, you're one of few. :)

A RDD event would be pretty badass. :D

Do you mean RDR? XD If so, I'm just waiting to get my copy. :)

digi-kun
July 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
This was mentioned and supported by a few people after we finished the recent TF2 event.
An event for Counterstrike: Source

Stellar
July 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'd be seriously psyched for a Mario Kart Wii tournament. It's a lot more casual than typical gaming tournaments and I think we'd be able to have a lot of fun with it.

Lady Gaga
July 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM
I really hope the RDR event goes well, since that game is so much fun. We should do it mroe than once. Some other games that should be in tournaments regularly are...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
Call of Duty games - PS3/360
Guitar Hero games - Multiple platforms
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - PS3/360
Warhawk - PS3
MAG - PS3
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - 360
Halo 3 - 360
Gears of War 2 - 360
Mario Kart Wii - Wii

I dont have all these games (like 360, dont have one, dont want one ;D), but I know people love them, so ya, I hope these suggestions work out :)
(btw, all ps3 owners: GET WARHAWK! you can get it for 15 bucks anywhere, and it is so much fun. look it up if you are interested. basically, online-only third-person shooter. red vs blue. addictive)

Raaji
July 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I just thought of a game that may be fun as an event. A Metal Gear Online event would be a pretty cool thing to do I think.

Ambellina
July 21st, 2010, 04:13 AM
I'd really love to get a rockband event going on the 360. :3 & gears 2 would be really great

Klippy
July 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Just a reminder, there are events going on now for Red Dead Redemption (in a few hours) and a Super Smash Brothers Brawl one that people have bothered me for for months now and it's not getting any action, so it's there! Use it! :)

And secondly, feel free to PM me if you want to set up an event and host it yourself! Always willing to let you guys, so don't be afraid to.

Agent Clank
July 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
How about a Aliens Vs Predator event?
if anyone has it here?
I have it for PS3.

Nuke
July 22nd, 2010, 03:38 AM
If only I'd seen this when the world cup was on.. not like anyone would turn up.

I think a Nazi Zombies one would be good (I think you may have done before but it is so fun) and then we could go into private matches or Multiplayer on WaW, it is definitely the best CoD game.

Gazza
July 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM
How about an osu! gaming event?

It's something different.

Munch Dog
July 22nd, 2010, 02:59 PM
ALIEN SWARM! ALIEN SWARM! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALIEN SWARM!

Awesome.
July 23rd, 2010, 11:34 AM
Burnout paradise is fun and could make a great gaming event :D

July 23rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
ALIEN SWARM! ALIEN SWARM! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALIEN SWARM!
Someone give this man a medal.

Rich Boy Rob
July 23rd, 2010, 03:32 PM
How about Halo 3:ODST Firefight? It'd make a change from vanilla Halo 3.

As for Alien swarm, I'd have a go once I get round to downloading it.

Akeraz
July 23rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Maybe we can get some CoD4 Open Lobbies going?
I know it's an old game, But I really don't feel like playing MW2.

jigglyppuff8
July 23rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hopping Tenshi (http://3-me.net/flashdir/hopten/)

An old DLTMSA favorite. If Robot Unicorn Attack worked, then so would this.

Logiedan
July 23rd, 2010, 06:32 PM
I downloaded this game recently,it's only in demo stage but it's quite fun.
It's called: Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXA0zDIwJ0)

It's an FPS game using Megaman 8-bit sprites. There could be a challenge on this game.

twocows
July 24th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'd like to see another L4D1 event, or perhaps a StarCraft II (or even StarCraft 1) event. If it's SC1, I can get everyone a copy and get them set up to play online provided nobody asks questions, ehehe (just assume it's all legal and that I have the money to buy 8 copies of StarCraft for anyone who wants to play :P).

Maybe Diablo 2 if anyone still has it. Alien Swarm might be good, though I'm not as big of a fan as everyone else, apparently.

Ambellina
July 25th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Transformers WFC. It's basically COD with robots. It would be really great to play versus each other with our colorful bots <3

Spectrum
July 29th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone keen for some HL2: Deathmatch? I'm pretty sure everyone who bought HL2 got it for free? If not, it's only 5 bucks.

Barney.
July 31st, 2010, 03:51 AM
Fifa 10. Definately. (We should've had a world cup one, with someone assigned to each team etc.)
Some sort of Monster Hunter Tri event?
Alien Swarm would be pretty kickass.
If we could get it to work well Nazi Zombies would be great fun.

Captain Hobo.
August 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
I would like to have something on MW2.

Kenpokid
October 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
What about Castle Crashers? We could have groups of four run through the game :D

Chibi Robo
October 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Halo Reach, Halo Reach, Halo Reach.
You can understand my excitement on this topic, yes?

Captain Hobo.
October 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I think we should do something on Black Ops when it comes out. I think we should have one on the Xbox 360 and one on the PS3.

KingCharizard
October 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I'd like to see another BFBC2 gaming event this time I should particpate in it if my work schedule isnt too hectic. And maybe when Battlefield Vietnam comes out an event for that...

Guren
October 10th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I'd like to see what we can do for a MH3 gaming event, aha. And definitely a Black Ops one.

Ambellina
October 19th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Halo Reach, Halo Reach, Halo Reach.
You can understand my excitement on this topic, yes?

I'm surprised we haven't had one yet

Arcanine
October 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm surprised we haven't had one yet
*coughbecausenoModherecough*
But yea. If we have enough people who want to play some Reach multiplayer then I could host one. This Saturday would be too much of a short notice, so maybe the 30th (I might post a thread). That is if we can get enough people to say they want it (it'd be kind of pointless to have 2 people there).

Munch Dog
October 19th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I'd go for it. I've had reach for a while but I really haven't played much multiplayer.

Aljam
October 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
How about some minecraft or garrysmod events? I wouldn't mind TF2 events either.

twocows
November 21st, 2010, 11:27 AM
*coughbecausenoModherecough*
But yea. If we have enough people who want to play some Reach multiplayer then I could host one. This Saturday would be too much of a short notice, so maybe the 30th (I might post a thread). That is if we can get enough people to say they want it (it'd be kind of pointless to have 2 people there).
I'm here now. :)

Someone else would need to organize it and stuff, I don't even have a 360. :(

Stratos99
November 28th, 2010, 03:07 PM
If anybody was interested in Black Ops on the ps3 I'd be for it and help out if needed, but I'm not sure if many people have it on the ps3 anyway. Where I am most people have it on the 360 so.. ):

Captain Fabio
November 28th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Hey Stratos.

I am hoping to get some people together for a Black Ops event soon. Will be most likely on a weekend.

Ascaris
December 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
ill participate if theres a black ops event if someone like stratos notifies me about it

Serene Grace
December 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I want to try and host another Black Ops multiplayer (Xbox event again), but aimed more at people who couldn't make the last one due to time zones (GMT afternoon will work for everyone as it would be morning America time!)

Anywway, anyone who's interested could get back to me and hopefully I can sort some details out! :D

King Gumball
December 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'd be seriously psyched for a Mario Kart Wii tournament. It's a lot more casual than typical gaming tournaments and I think we'd be able to have a lot of fun with it.

That sounds like a lot of fun :) It wont be as competitive it would just be a lot of casual fun, yes, yes.

The Noob Hacker
December 11th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I'd wouldn't mind a Reach multiplayer skrimish with some other PC members. With the combined strength of Poke Community we will rise to the ranks of Halo Gods!

Jeremy
December 12th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Well sweeties, I was thinking about a Wii or a Steam Secret Santa event. We all just randomly put our names and our Wii or Steam IDs and get each other a game. Anybody interested?

Purple Materia
December 12th, 2010, 06:56 PM
How about Unreal Tournament 1999? I haven't seen any love for that game in ages.

Captain Fabio
December 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM
How about Unreal Tournament 1999? I haven't seen any love for that game in ages.

I am not sure how many people would have this version of Unreal. I have '03 but you don't normally find many people with '99. :/

hashtag
December 19th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Would anybody be interested in a Black Ops Nazi Zombie event or something? Obviously it'd be small because of the four person limit but it could be fun. :)

Spherical Ice
December 19th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Not really a suggestion but why are most of these events involve a 360 or PS3? I think the only Wii event was the Brawl one. :/ I mean this is a Pokémon forum.

hashtag
December 19th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure it's been stated before that Wii events are fine but there seems to be a lack of hosts and participants.

Alli
December 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Not really a suggestion but why are most of these events involve a 360 or PS3? I think the only Wii event was the Brawl one. :/ I mean this is a Pokémon forum.

Most of them seem to be on PC instead of a console. They used to be on 360 and PS3 more, though.

And about the Wii, has anyone thought of a Goldeneye 007 event? I don't have the game yet so I'm not sure how the online works and how many players there can be, but you know. Not sure of the popularity of the game as far as PC members goes either.

Captain Fabio
December 19th, 2010, 09:03 AM

Well, if you would like to host one, you can ask Towcows and I am sure he will let you.

Most of them seem to be on PC instead of a console. They used to be on 360 and PS3 more, though.

And about the Wii, has anyone thought of a Goldeneye 007 event? I don't have the game yet so I'm not sure how the online works and how many players there can be, but you know. Not sure of the popularity of the game as far as PC members goes either.

I think a lot of people will be getting Goldeneye for Christmas, so I am sure that there will be more people willing to do an event then.

Alli
December 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Well, if you would like to host one, you can ask Towcows and I am sure he will let you.

:B

I think a lot of people will be getting Goldeneye for Christmas, so I am sure that there will be more people willing to do an event then.

Goodie, goodie. I wouldn't mind hosting a Goldeneye event, if I'm staying at my mom's the day of. My connection at home isn't really pretty.

Ωmega
December 31st, 2010, 01:55 AM
I'm up for having a Reach, Black Ops (PS3), or GTA4 (PS3) event sometime. I can't host because I live in the Philippines and...yea. Internet there is crap. I swear, it takes, like, twenty seconds to load Pokecommunity. If there's a possible Reach event, do you think we can try a map of mine? :D

Captain Fabio
January 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
I think we need some more events going on.
If you lot want to get some events going, run it by Towcows first and then I am sure he will accept if he thinks it will be active.

Gazza
February 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
How about another Robot Unicorn Attack Challenge? The first one was popular plus there's a new version of the game.

Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal (http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-heavy-metal-twitchy-online-game.html)

Just a thought. :B

Alli
February 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I'd be up for that. I missed the first one and regretted that. D:

Speed
February 13th, 2011, 05:35 PM
We should have an MvC 3 tourney. :3

Arcanine
February 14th, 2011, 12:13 AM
How about another Robot Unicorn Attack Challenge? The first one was popular plus there's a new version of the game.

Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal (http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-heavy-metal-twitchy-online-game.html)

Just a thought. :B
The song on the first one was sooooooo much better. XD

But I wouldn't mind to see that, I think it'd be pretty fun.

Gazza
February 14th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Okay but it wouldn't be an official gaming event unless a moderator or something started the thread. That's what Twocows said. :U

Alli
February 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Why a moderator? :|

IF YOU WANT TO HOST YOUR OWN EVENT, please PM the moderator of Video Gaming. We're always willing to let members host an event for games the staff may not have, but many others do!

If he wants a moderator to host it, I mean, I'd be up for it, but personally, I think you should host it since you brought it up and want to have it. Just my two cents. :<

Gazza
February 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I was just stating it wouldn't be an "Official" gaming event.
I think that means no emblem. :U

I'll have the thread up soon.

Ambellina
February 24th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I'd love to host a marvel vs capcom 3 event on the 360 if anyone has it. Sooooo addicting :D yeesh.

PokemonLeagueChamp
February 26th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Maybe someone's already brought this up, but no one ever seems to be hosting events on Wii(Xbox/PS3 fans, I don't wanna hear it). Is there really no one who'd wanna do, say, a Brawl tourney or Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Guitar Hero(if anyone even plays that anymore)or even CoD?

On a sidenote, I'm wondering if there's anyone that plays Combat Arms that would want to have an event.

Captain Fabio
February 26th, 2011, 07:45 AM
(Xbox/PS3 fans, I don't wanna hear it).

Well, I would say the majority of people in VG with consoles, own a PS3 and/or 360, since they are better for online play.

There is no VG moderator currently, so events have to be put through H-Staff. I am sure there will be a new VG mod and then events will start up again, maybe. But if you want, you can talk to someone like Morkula, Assistant Administrator, and see if he has anything in mind for events...