PDA

View Full Version : WTF moment

Arty
June 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
I couldn't find a WTF moment thread for Advanced Generation Games so I decided to make one.
I was just fighting Kyogre and one of my pokemon fainted, so being the idiot I am I accidently hit B and therefore ran from the battle. So of course I turned it off. Have you guys had one of these WTF moments? Your fault or the games?

Dixie Kong
June 24th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Well, in Ruby I did wonder what kind of disease that green eared Whismur had. Looked a little like this:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/Spr_3r_293_s.png

I didn't know the gold I had found. I caught him and all, but I thought he was sick. And he twinkled in battle. I didn't think it was too healthy.

Also, I don't know if my Sapphire is glitched or has problems, but that first battle against Brendan took me forever my first time playing because his Mudkip used Water Gun. I crap you not. And later, my Pelipper was able to learn Dive. I didn't know it at the time, but Pelipper was not supposed to be Diving. I haven't had that kind of problem since my first file, but YEAH. Seriously, wtf was that?

Arty
June 24th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Wow that is a true WTF moment Sydian. I was playing Ruby one time and didn't pay attention and embered this wurmpule that popped up. My cousin was like AAAAHHHH that was shiny!! I was like oops.

Mayu98
June 25th, 2010, 02:43 AM
In Sapphire version, I was on my last step to getting nurse joy to heal my pokemon since there was only one left who was poisoned, but before I could step in front of the counter... it fainted!

PiPVoda
June 25th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I dunno if this would count as a WTF moment...but I just bought Emerald a few days back, and like all of my pokemon (except three) that I've caught so far have been of brave nature o.O. That's like 13 pokemon back to back.

chickenofunity
June 26th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I was trying to hatch a Feebas of a beauty-liking nature, but after 10 that did'nt, I gave up, and used all the pokeblocks, with an egg in my party. Then the egg hatched, and liked the beauty pokeblocks that I had just used. I was really annoyed.

Helena
June 28th, 2010, 03:34 AM
I was playing FireRed for 2 years since it was my favorite version, I didn't start over nor did I stop training pokemon.
Of course, I completed the pokedex and all the pokemon to level 100, in the pokedex, is in the PC. ((yeah, took me a lot of work))
So I thought, 'How about I play another version?' and so I did.
Before I bought another version, I had my friend look at all my pokemon.
After looking through it, he told me I had 84 shiny pokemon.
I was so amazed that I even had a Shiny pokemon, I have been playing for two years telling myself, ''I need to get shiny pokemanzzz to show off!"
I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So I went to show off. C:

.:FreshX:.
June 28th, 2010, 07:43 AM
My little bro who has no idea how to play pokemon, found a shiny Kyogre on his Saphire. So he used his masterball and caught it. Then he wanted to start a new game and would not give the Kyogre to me. I have only caught 2 legit shinies and ive been playing for 5 years. WTF!!!

redsaber5859
June 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Emerald, caught almost all pokemon except 10, over winter break, emerald disappeared. I've been going though mt. Battle now to get a johto starter to show off then HGSS came out, two WTF

MichaelaTheUchiha
June 29th, 2010, 12:41 PM
It's not really in the game, but I once put my Sapphire on the table and the next day it disappears. I look all over but it was gone.

Three years later, I see my Sapphire taped onto the wall of my apartment building. Apparently, it went through the wall. -.-" I grabbed it, and it ends up that someone had started all over on my game. I had a shiny Kyogre. WTF.

Also, once when the Prof was getting chased by a zigzaggoon, he was like "Help me from the Poochyena!" ...-.-" WTF.

I have many many more, but those are all for Pearl. =P

last fighter 36
June 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
ruby, trained three Pokemon ended up whit swampert my favorite pokemon LV:100 delcatty LV:93 kadabra LV:87 y passed them to pearl and now my dsi broke nooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Owl
July 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM
When I saw a trainer in LG have a shiny Espeon, I had to rebattle him just to make sure lol

Air Lock
July 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
When I saw a trainer in LG have a shiny Espeon, I had to rebattle him just to make sure lol
Mines was like that too, except it was in the trainer tower and it was a ferligatr.

Jirachi²
July 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
After I finished my Emerald game, my little brother wanted to play it, so I said sure why not. Ten seconds later he comes up to me and asks if this is a legendary Pokemon that just poped out from the first patch of grass he walked in. Lo and Behold, it was Latios, which soon after was resting in my PC caught with a Master Ball. Still it was a pretty big WTF moment for me because that was the first roaming legendary I ever encountered.

- Jirachi² -

Lickitricky
July 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM
On emerald, I was trying to catch Regice, after about 5 days of reading nonstop braille, trying to catch a Relicanth, and leveling up a Wailmer. Finally, after a really, really long battle, I had it paralysed and in red health. I used my last move to whittle down its HP, and of course...

*Regice used Struggle!*
*Regice took recoil damage!*
*Regice fainted!*

WTF?!

Roid
July 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM
My WTF moment is when I was hunting for a Sun stone and ran into a shiny Solrock! I caught it thinking, "Wow! What are the odds!"

Right after catching the Shiny Solrock, I ran into ANOTHER shiny Solrock. It was pretty insane and my friends that I some how hacked the game!

Boomburst
July 2nd, 2010, 02:38 AM
How i never saw a shiny pokemon in this generation is certianly a wtf moment. Am i just unlucky?

xDaisuke0
July 2nd, 2010, 03:06 AM
I have never seen a shiny...EVER.
After all these years ~_~
That's WTF for me.
I also created a WTF moment to my friend's brother. He let me play Blue and me being young and stupid, saved over his file!! DX im so sorry

Ruin Maniac
July 2nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Just today on Firered I encountered a lvl 50 Zapdos in the power Plant. I whipped out my Dugtrio and accidentally used Magnitude, which HIT the Zapdos. WTF is that about?!

Le Creep!
July 2nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
This wasn't me playing, but:

My brother who had NO IDEA about Pokémon was playing Ruby. Eventually he walked through the grass only to find a shiny Zigzagoon.

He didn't know the concept of shiny, so he murdered it with Mega Drain.

Pyrax
July 3rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
On Emerald, I caught Groudon on my second ultra ball.

hack1
July 3rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
On Emerald, I caught Groudon on my second ultra ball.

Same thing O.o
But with Kyorge... FAIL.

Archer
July 3rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Registeel at full health with a Pokeball, I just wanted to get rid of "excess stock", but lol. Transferred that to Diamond so I keep it as proof :D

Le Creep!
July 3rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
I seemed to have encountered a oddly colored Duskull. Of course I murdered it with Leaf Blade.

Humph...
July 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
In emerald i once found a shiny zubat, i caught it. Then, the shiny aron appeared... it used roar... Later I evolved my zubat into a crobat and my cousin offered me a zangoose for it
i had sapphire and emerald but not ruby, so i was really excited(i was little...) and i agreed... the next month my sister got ruby... how foolish i was...(and my cousin still owns that crobat and offered it to my sister!)

Lolfish
July 3rd, 2010, 12:52 PM
In Emerald I had a zangoose and sableye that I never stopped using, lv.100 and lv.93. One of meh friends and I were battling each other in a battle, then boom. He 'accidently' turned off his Gameboy.
So I turn the power back on, and then my game is all corrupted. There is no previous data. Thats my WTF moment. I miss Chaos (Zangoose) and Steve (Sableye) I'm working on a new Emerald currently and I already have meh Steve back (Sort of).

XDragonRiderX
July 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
my bro caught mewtwo using a masterball form a friend and he traded it to the friend and the friend lost the game! WTF?

chickenofunity
July 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I discovered that my dead Zapdos was Shiny after looking up sprites on Pokemon Elite 2000. I saw the shiny Zapdos and was like 'WTF, My one looked like that!'.
I'd been hunting everywhere for shiny's and it turned out I had one. I was pretty annoyed.

shininglatios217
July 6th, 2010, 01:35 PM
EPIC FAIL: In Pokémon Sapphire all my Pokémon got Pokérus and because i didn't know what Pokérus was I erased my game because I thought they were going to die. Now I feel stupid everytime I remember that.

EDIT: I also killed Kyogre on that file.

MichaelaTheUchiha
July 6th, 2010, 02:29 PM
After searching for 9 hours for a feebas, I finally gave up and let my cousin play. She tells me that she had fished and she had found a tan fish and then proceeded to kill it.

Sadly, that was A WEEK after finding it and so, the tiles had resisted. That's my WTF moment.

austy14
July 21st, 2010, 04:09 AM
turning the volume up with the power button after a lot of unsaved progress.

Maknae
July 21st, 2010, 06:18 AM
I caught Kyogre on Emerald for just an Ice Beam (which froze him) and a pokeball (in one try.) .........

And took me 1 hour catching Groudon using ultra balls... (With a lot of resets)

vinylscratchp0n3
July 21st, 2010, 03:19 PM
When I started Ruby I got to the saving Prof. Birch from a Poochyena, and then it was shiny. It was a battle where you have no pokeballs.

And I was playing Sapphire when I found a shiny Tentacool. I thought the game was messed up so I turned it off. *sigh*

Kenith
July 25th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Pokemon Leafgreen:

I try to capture a Magmar. I succeed, and i continue playing. When I lose in a battle, I turn it off without realizing I saved it. So I go back to try to capture Magmar again. Threw every great ball, Ultra ball, and almost all my timer balls until I finally capture the nearly fainted and paralyzed magmar. Then... I forget to save my game again....

3 times I accidentally killed it or ran away, and 3 times I felt like screaming WTF until a day later I capture the magmar.

I remember about 5 times I played Pokemon Crystal of coming across shiny pokemon, since I remembered hearing that shiny sound when they appeared. But back then I didn't think much of it and just fought to defeat them when training my pokemon.

Then I realized how rare they were after reading about them online. Thanks to karma, I never came across another Shiny in Crystal version again....

okjoek
July 27th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Usualy the only thing i try to do when it comes to evs is not give the oppisite attack style evs, i could care less about the other stats. but when it comes to attk or sp attk i try to focus on just one.

Sceptile0111
August 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I've had plenty of WTF moments in the Battle Frontier, but one from this morning easily takes the cake:

It was the Battle Tower, battle #6 in the third round, and my team was, in this order: Jolteon, Pelipper, Typhlosion. Jolteon easily murdered his first two pokes (forgot what they were) without taking a hit, and his third was a Chansey. I figured "okay, I'll just use Thunderbolt to get its health down a bit, then let Jolt get KO'ed and switch into Typhlosion, who knows toxic." Well, my very first Thunderbolt managed to paralyze the big pink wall, and it immediately used Double Team. I tried another bolt but it continued to Double Team, with the occasional Shadow Ball (which did 2 damage, lol). After most of my Thunderbolts were used up, it hit me with a Seismic Toss, and so I used my own Double Team to try to wear out its PP. Eventually it killed me with Toss so I switched into Pelipper, hoping that Fly would be able to hit. Thanks to Fly, I managed to use up its PP on Toss, but it killed me...somehow, with Struggle. Finally I switched into Typhlosion. Long story short, none of my attacks hit, and we eventually both were at full Evasion and attempting to Struggle each other; both pokemon had Leftovers and so it just turned into a never-ending battle.

I eventually forfeited...

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

T33nyTurtwig
August 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I was using my DSL to play emerald and i let my cousin play. at that point i was at the point of capturing rayquaza. i went away for 20 sec, and when i came back my cousin said she caught the"really long string monster". but then when i checked it, it was captured by my masterball. :C

Lord_Storm
August 11th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I started again on my sapphire because my team really did suck and as I got my torchic from Prof Birch, i went into battle with the poochyena and what happened? Sparkley Yellow Poochyena appeared.

Lollypop
August 11th, 2010, 03:29 AM
when my friend used my masterball to capture a zigzagoon. Aaahh those were the days

TheFuturePokemon
August 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I caught an articuno with a Pokeball.

Zaroas
August 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
2 things...

I saw my first shiny in FireRed, when I was only in Viridian Forest. I found a shiny Ctaerpie, but didn't even know what a shiny was, but I still caught the "Golden Caterpie that got hit by a shooting star." That's what I thought it was.

Also, my brother had Emerald, and I often watched him play. It took him about 84 Ultra Balls to catch Kyogre, but 3 Ultra Balls to catch Groudon. Both were at 1 HP and asleep. Seriously, WTF?

GaXeL
August 11th, 2010, 12:49 PM
i had one moon stone left and i used it on clefairy, i accidentally clicked B...

Musician of Literature
August 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I was searching for Chimecho on Mt. Pyre this morning. I found it after battling like 1000 Shuppets and like 2 Duskulls, but I also found something else. A Rare Candy. I was on the top right of Mt. Pyre, and I pressed A before the end of the section of grass, and I found a Rare Candy.

King Gumball
August 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
When I shiny Mighteyena used Roar on me........ Yeah very disappointing.

PoketalkCreator
August 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
In Sapphire version, I was on my last step to getting nurse joy to heal my pokemon since there was only one left who was poisoned, but before I could step in front of the counter... it fainted!

That happened to me in Emerald. By biggest moment in any game I ever had was also in Emerald. I was trying to catch Rayquaza with my aggron. I accidentally killed it because rock slide was a critical hit, so I restarted the battle. It happened three more times in a row with the same move! It's like the game saved the memory of my last battle!

shininglatios217
August 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
Getting a Sun Stone from a Solrock in Emerald. Too bad I was playing on an emulator.

Kelp
August 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
I caught a shiny swinub. Then I read online that it could increase your chances of hatching a shiny egg to like 1/60.

So I hatched liked 10 eggs with no success and gave up. I went back online and read from serebii, that it doesn't increase your chances. I was like wtf? D:<

Musician of Literature
August 22nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
I caught an articuno with a Pokeball.

Not to brag, but that's nothing. I caught Kyogre, Rayquaza, and the Regis all with Pokeballs. And all the leaf green ones too. But last night I had some bad luck.

Trainer tower on the thief dude. He opened up with a meowth with a discoloration. Then I heard the shiny ding and I was maaaaaad. Shouldve stayed out in the canyon...

Weavile05
September 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I found my HM Slave Zigzagoon holding a Rare Candy. TWICE! With like a 5 minute difference. And it was level 3.
Also I just barely beat norman. If Slaking's Yawn had had me asleep for like, two more turns, I wouldn't have won. BULK UP FTW!!!!!!!!

Weavile05
September 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Also I started Emerald on an Emulator. I was fighting Lass Tiana near Petalburg, trying to level up a Poocheyena, and her Shroomish killed it. Then I sent in Mudkip, my only other pokemon, her Shroomish had near full HP, and I new I was doomed.
"Mudkip used Tackle!
Critical Hit!
Shroomish fainted..."
O.O HOLY $H**
I've rarely had luck that awesome!

Fusionx
September 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
WTF Moment: I Was On The Bus comming Home. And My Friend Told Me That He Had Celebi i was like wtf how did u get that?

[pokemon silver]

PlatinumDude
September 15th, 2010, 09:41 PM
A "WTF" moment for me is fishing in a cave and seeing a Wailmer in a cave battle landscape. I also get shocked when I see non-Water Pokemon while I surf (like Zubat/Golbat in caves, Hoppip in the Sevii Islands and Lunatone/Solrock in Meteor Falls).

Pikachu lvl88
September 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
One of WTF moments was seeing Regirock for first time in Battle Tower. I though (probably) something like this - "wtf is this, a legendary unavaible in Ruby?"

Stingray
September 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
my WTF moment has to do with the programming of the Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir Evo chain. I swear someone hated the idea of this Pokemon. I mean think about it:
First its a 50/50 Male/Female... Ralts I can see it, Kirlia looks similar to a girl in pig tails and a skirt, and the Gardevoir has a feminine body with a dress. There are other unisex Pokemon so why not make this one female only (this is before the Gallade).

Second look at its egg group... it makes no sense. Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir look very humanoid yet are stuck in indeterminate like the Muk, and Weezing (they could have at least stuck it in both...).

Lastly Gardevoir translates to Sir Knight... Sir is a respectful term used for men (Ma'am for women). So to make the name make sense I need a male Gardevoir?! Also what about the Gardevoir makes someone think knight?

Anyhow that is what makes me continue to go WTF in Gen 3 :p

solarowl
September 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Lets see.... here's one!

Under cycling road, BOOM!
I found a shiny electrike in ruby!
Time to catch it!
Weakens it.
YAY! Here goes my pokeba.....!!!???
I DON'T HAVE ANY POKEBALLS?
Wonderful. Then I just faint it then go to mauville city to get some pokeballs :| .

anthony12306
September 19th, 2010, 11:17 AM
When I 1st played Sapphire (My 1st gen.3 game) I choose Torchic as a starter and it turned out to be shiny... But I didn't know until my friend told me :D

Dark Pulse94
September 22nd, 2010, 02:14 AM
i was Repel spamming in the ash pits, and what do you know! i'm in a battle! (which was weird enough as it is)

then, all of a sudden, it's a Shiny Skarmory!!!

my WTF now features as my Resident spiker

Editman
September 22nd, 2010, 03:17 AM
HAHAHA my WTF moment came on here! while i was trading someone... seeI caught a female Hippodawn or whatever and i noticed it wasn't it's usual color So i tried to trade it, Once we got into the trade room, he sent me a messaged and asked where it was. I told him it was in my party...he say that's just the girl version. smh

Noka
September 22nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
o_O Edit, you do realize this is basically the R/S/E & FR/LG section, right? Hippowdon didn't exist in them.

My WTF moment: I was in the trick house, and just beat the first pokemon of the first trainer to the north of your initial position. I get to her second pokemon...and my pokemon ends up getting paralyzed. Not a bad deal, right? Well, for the next four turns, it was rendered immobile by paralysis.

I'm really starting to doubt that the chance of paralysis is 50% if being paralyzed happened four turns in a row.

Editman
September 22nd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Annnd...there goes another WTF moment XD

anyways, I do have one I used A Azumarril (Lv30) in Emerald against flannery, and KO'ed most of her pokemon with rollout. I had full HP, but her Torkoal entered the match and beat me with Overheat -_-

Pikachu lvl88
September 22nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
New WTF moment, yesterday at Indigo Plateau. I want to attack a Lorelei's Lapras with Surf but... it had Water Absorb ._.

Aquacorde
September 24th, 2010, 06:41 AM
On one of my Emerald playthroughs I went to fish for a Feebas and found one on the first try~

kuchikie
September 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM
o_O Edit, you do realize this is basically the R/S/E & FR/LG section, right? Hippowdon didn't exist in them.

My WTF moment: I was in the trick house, and just beat the first pokemon of the first trainer to the north of your initial position. I get to her second pokemon...and my pokemon ends up getting paralyzed. Not a bad deal, right? Well, for the next four turns, it was rendered immobile by paralysis.

I'm really starting to doubt that the chance of paralysis is 50% if being paralyzed happened four turns in a row.

50% chance means every turn you have 1/2 chance to get immobile by paralysis not for the whole fight you have 50% chance..it is the same like encounter shinies u have 1/8000+ for every pokemon you encountered therefore even if you encounter 10000++ pokemon it doesn't mean you gonna run into shiny..

Weavile05
October 4th, 2010, 02:27 AM
I wanted a Torkoal. I went through the fire cave place once, figuring I would find atleast one. I didn't. So i checked Serebii, and found it was there, just uncommon. So I figured that meant I would have to search awhile. I went back in the cave, and found a Torkoal immediately. WTF!

Project.
October 4th, 2010, 02:40 PM
My WTF moment was in Diamond... A year ago.

I went into the Safari Zone, and First Pokemon - a Purple Quagsire. My heart pounded, as I had never seen a shiny in my game before.

So I was scared what to do. The approach or ball... So first I threw a ball, it wiggled three times and opened. I was relieved when it didnt flee, but I was afraid to death it would...

So I preceded to near it... then it just HAD TO FLEE! OMG! STUPID THING! Just kidding, it didn't flee. But I was still pounding. So then I threw a ball at it... and it missed again.

My legs were above my head then, then I threw one more. And I closed my eye. I heard the click, and the dundundundundundundudnudnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Dun and I nearly screamed.

The first shiny I had ever caught was in the safari zone, lol, what are the chances?

Sadly, I had restarted my game, forgetting about the Quagsire. But luckily I transported those Pokes to Revolution before I quit. But then I forgot I had it again and brought back Revolution for trade in at Gamestop -.-

I want my Shiny Quagsire back! I'm glad I still have the save, though.

Weavile05
October 4th, 2010, 05:40 PM
well, though that IS sheer awesomeness and WTF, they DO have a seperate thread for DPP. This is for R/S/FR/LG/E only.

Lateon
October 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I was about twelve and battling Rayquaza on Sapphire. I kept weakening it, then it would either struggle itself to death or I would run out of pokeballs. About an hour and a half worth of resets later, I weaken it and throw a pokeball for kicks. It stayed in the ball. W.T.F.

murkage
October 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
i was fighting Wallace in emerald and owned his whole entire team without taking any damage. he sends out ludicolo and owns my whole team. i was like WTF! he used leech seed and double team for an hour then everytime he was set up for a last hit he used giga drain and he would barely survive and use surf and i was dead. he beat me 3 times until i was like fk it! and i got my electrode and trained him to like 54 and used explosion and it missed! i had to do it 4 times before it his and killed him. i was like fk up Wallace i hope you get skull bashed by a blastoise and bleed to death

La Denryu
October 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I was in the Battle Fronteir in Emerald, and all of a sudden, the screen became really glitchy. I found out that it was dust in the cartridge, but it still freaked me out.

Also, I found a shiny Goldeen in the Kanto safari zone..then it ran away. Actually, that's not really a WTF moment, it's more of a "FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU" moment.

charizardobsessed
October 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I already completed the whole game, got a shiny and my first lvl 100 (that was a big thing to me at that time) when I went for this fishing trip in malaysia. There was two little boys who was sons of my father's friend and they wanted to borrow the game to play, and I obliged. When I checked back, they had gone and restarted a whole new game and my dear lvl 100 charizard and shiny tentacool was gone!!
I gave them a huge scolding and stormed off to my room to replay the whole game. I nearly cried :(

XDragonRiderX
October 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
My Ruby game wouldn't load and I found out an ant crawled inside it and I killed it and it some how glitched and now i have 30 shinies.

hourai
October 19th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Me when playing Pokemon Crystal on my Mobile Phone
I didnt save my file after defeating gym leaders when my battery Drained off

~RNC~
October 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
I have one, years ago, when I first started playing, didn't know much about pokemon, I went into the cave on my ruby game (I believe) to catch groudon, it was yellow, I knew that wasn't his normal color, so I turn off my game and restarted, an hour later I was told it was yellow because it was a shiny, I was like WTF!! Should have smack myself right then and there!! :laugh:

Syvelocin
October 25th, 2010, 08:21 AM
My DS always has problems with GBA games. I had gotten through I think the third gym leader playing straight through from the beginning, then I accidentally MOVED and BUMPED my DS, and there goes that scratchy static noise out of my DS. I had to start back in Rustboro.

My DS hates Emerald version. I have to punch the cartridge into the DS as firmly as possible for it to even let me play. This doesn't happen with FireRed.

seocompany
October 31st, 2010, 11:49 PM
I was looking Chimecho on Mt. Baal in the morning. I found after struggling as 1000 and as 2 Shuppets Duskulls, but I also found something else. A Rare Candy. I was in the top right corner of Mt. Bonfire, and I pressed A before the portion of the grass and I found a rare candy.

Mickeycricky
November 6th, 2010, 06:45 PM
I've recently been going on a "difficult" run and I have a Magikarp on my team. I think, "Ah what the heck, I'll send out Magikarp and tackle everything just to see how long it can live." Little did I know that it would take out my rival's Charmander, the gym trainers pokemon, Misty's Staryu, AND Brock's ONIX. WTF >_<
I'm starting to question the gym leaders abilities.

ShivaDF
November 6th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I had a bunch of weaker pokemon in my party that i was training in Victory Road, and then Wally challenged me. I thought, "Oh, he's weak. He'll be free exp.." When my weaker pokemon fell, I didn't use the best moves with my stronger ones.
Then he kicked my ass.

Weavile05
November 7th, 2010, 11:48 AM
I couldn't catch Kyogre when he was at 1 HP Paralyzed, yet I can catch him on the first Ultra Ball while he is at 2-3 (maybe a little more) HP with no status condition.
How in the world is that even possible.

XDragonRiderX
December 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM
'Hey Edwin, (bro's name) can I have your Mewtwo?"
"Sure go catch it."
20 mins later after getting to where Mewtwo is...
"Hmm... WTF SOMEONE TOOK IT!"
Hey Edwin, someone took it!"
"Oh yeah, I gave it to Tyler (friend)"
Calls up Tyler
"Can I have Ed's Mewtwo Tyler?"
I lost my FireRed."
'FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

WildGamerAppeared
December 11th, 2010, 08:24 PM
In pokemon emerald I accidently ran from a wild Ralts.
FML.

Weavile05
December 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM
On my Sapphire, I could've sworn that the Internal Battery was dead after my dad tried replacing it. Then the next week I tried it, he told me he hadn't done anything with it, and the Battery is suddenly fixed? lol I have no idea how that happened.

MysticFlames
December 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM
All my biggest Pokemon WTF moments have happened in real life. First of all, I loved collecting cards and had this giant binder full of them. My friend ended up "accidentally" taking it with her when she moved.

And THEN. Her little brother, who was visiting with his dad (they moved, but still own the house and were checking up on it), came by and I let him play my Sapphire and Emerald. After he left, I could not, for the life of me, find those 2 cartridges. He stole them, I'm sure. I raged for weeks. At least I have my LeafGreen still. =[ I really need to stop trusting this family, I guess.

Haberdasher
December 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM
All my biggest Pokemon WTF moments have happened in real life. First of all, I loved collecting cards and had this giant binder full of them. My friend ended up "accidentally" taking it with her when she moved.

And THEN. Her little brother, who was visiting with his dad (they moved, but still own the house and were checking up on it), came by and I let him play my Sapphire and Emerald. After he left, I could not, for the life of me, find those 2 cartridges. He stole them, I'm sure. I raged for weeks. At least I have my LeafGreen still. =[ I really need to stop trusting this family, I guess.
Something like that happened to me, too. When I was younger, a girl a few doors down "accidentally" put my Charizard card in her pocket when she left our house. Luckily we found out and managed to get it back before it was too late.
Although as it happens, the card wasn't 1st-edition, so it was worth maybe $20 at the time, at best. XD

WatsonIIIXI
December 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Playing Emerald through on my first ever playthrough of a Pokemon game,(I was naive at the time) and I was going through Victory Road and I had two Pokemon at 85 a Blaziken and a Raquaza and 4 Tropius's, and this Geodude came up and I was like this things weird, it's the same colour as a turd and had stars coming out of it, OMG!, my big brother looked at me like you should kill that, it wont K.O you Pokemon, it'll KILL them, so boom, dead, next day he showed me an internet page with what they are and they odds.I went upstairs and wept.

I also killed and reset on a shiny Rayquaza on the same playthrough. FML

Blazesaga
December 17th, 2010, 06:09 PM
its not my WTF momment but probably the writers of the pokemon games in genral. That WTF momment is that Your freaking rival always picks your pokemon's weakness! I know it makes the game a little harder but come on! at least in B/W you have two rivals and you can easily beat the one who picks last.

Anyways my biggest WTF momment: Catching a legandary with a pokeball. You're probably thinking "so what i've done that!" well thing thing with this is that i had tried every thing else, i used ultra ball, great ball and all the other special pokeballs there are out there. Then when i was giving up hope i threw a pokeball and poof its caught.
I'm starting to question the value of pokeballs now.

Wingedkuri
December 17th, 2010, 08:42 PM
The only moment I could remember off the top of my head was the time I caught Mewtwo with a regular Pokeball on my second try. (Fire Red file) I was just being lazy, but I didn't even consider that would actually work when it still had full health, haha.

Haberdasher
December 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Just had one. Was playing Red and surfing near the Seafoam Islands when I encountered a Pidgey. In the water. Yeah.
I realized that it was because I was on the coast and the Missingno glitch was thus in effect after a few moment's contemplation, but it certainly threw me off at first.

Jerpy
December 19th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I was going crazy searching for a Shiny Spinda and had managed to encounter over 1800 till I got too annoyed to carry on. So, I deleted my game and started again.
Then, when I got to Rusturf Tunnel, the first Whismur I see... is shiny. :D
I was so suprised although, I do still wish it was a shiny Spinda instead...

Raiskit
December 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
On my first playthrough, I went into the first cave of the game. Ran into my first pokemon, and it was a shiny zubat~ I was so surprised and cheerful~

PlatniumPiano
December 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
First time playing through Ruby I was trying to catch Groudon with ultra balls... So about the third attempt the Groudon that appears is... Gold. Since I was young and foolish, I thought the game had some glitch in it. So i killed it.

FML. I still have that Ruby file too if I remember correctly...

XBA
December 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
I was playing in the Verdanturf Battle Tent in Emerald.
And this Tuber comes out.
I don't remember what he said exactly, but he said something like this:

"I LOSE
I SELFDESTRUCT"

I was like, o.O?

Aliosman
December 23rd, 2010, 02:51 AM
I've reset my emerald four times out of boredom and each time a legendary was shiny (Rayquaza first, kyogre second, groudon third and regice foruth) Though i didn't know what a shiny was at the time.

Otherworld9)
December 23rd, 2010, 05:06 AM
I was in the patch of grass in that route 110 or something, I forgot what route it was, but I encountered a Latios. I fought it and got it to the lowest hp possible. I wanted to catch it with my masterball so I went down....but I clicked the RUN button. That was a WTF moment, the worst so far.

jy909
December 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
I found a shiny Electrike on the route underneath Cycling Road. I caught it.
And found out my game wasn't genuine, and it was lost forever.

LightSoul
December 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
On Pokèmon Ruby, when I was saving it says, "SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER." I didn't read anything while saving back then, so I turned off the game while saving. When I open it again, WTF! MY SAVE FILE!

Kitrigar
December 26th, 2010, 12:22 AM
My sister, who doesn't play Pokemon very much decided to start a new game on my Ruby a few days ago.
She got a shiny female Torchic on the FIRST new game start.
WTFF.
I've gotten shinies through SR, but not on the first shot.. ]:
Beginners luck much?

HGLover
December 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM
My biggest WTF moment would be in my pokemon ruby. I was trying to find latios, and I went through about 40 max repels before I decided to check if I'd actually read the news bulliten that made latios appear in hoenn. Sure enough, I hadn't.

DoctorFred
December 29th, 2010, 01:43 PM
My level 4 Zigzagoon found 2 rare candies in a row, and then a protein via pick-up. What luck.

Equalizer
December 29th, 2010, 03:29 PM
In Fire Red, I was running through that cave near Pewter City because I was trying to search for a Diglett. I had 5 ultra balls and after a while of looking for a Diglett, a shiny geodude appeared. I was like, "wow Its a shiny. I need to catch this." I had Lv80+ Pokemon so a move from any of them would kill this Geodude. I managed to paralyze it using my Pikachu's Thunder Wave and tossed my limited supply of Ultra Balls. I used 4 and the next thing you know it...

"Geodude used Self-Destruct!"

... Smoothe. Wasted 6 minutes of my life. He was my first shiny encounter too.

BenjiTheKid
December 29th, 2010, 03:53 PM
When playing Emerald today, in the space station when the battle with Steven against team Magma came up, I picked my three strongest Pokemon. Sceptile, Raichu, and Gardevoir. Figuring that would be the way to take them down in as few moves as possible (as those three usually can take something down in only a few moves). However, once the battle began, I discovered they had two Camerupts. I hadn't picked my Azumarill because he's not among my strongest... but once I saw those Camerupts, I definitely had a WTF moment. ><

And I was mad at myself. I should've figured Azumarill would've come in handy. They're Team Magma, after all. D:

Weavile05
December 29th, 2010, 04:58 PM
During my nuzlocke run, I found THREE Full restores on my zigzagoon. Too bad it died...

Moonlord
December 29th, 2010, 05:03 PM
My WTF moment is when my bro was playing my dsi and I let him play platinum. Well when he saw a really cool pokemon..(he thought it was cool, rattata) he tried to catchit and failed then he snapped my ds in half....

Weavile05
December 29th, 2010, 05:07 PM
My WTF moment is when my bro was playing my dsi and I let him play platinum. Well when he saw a really cool pokemon..(he thought it was cool, rattata) he tried to catchit and failed then he snapped my ds in half....

Okay two things.
1. I know this is a little off topic but your brother must have anger issues...
2. Your Platinum WTF moments should go in the thread located in the DPP section.

Tashiro
January 2nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Shiny Ralts appeared!
Me: !!!
Zigzagoon used tackle!
Ralts used growl!
Zigzagoon used tackle!
Ralts used growl!
WALLY used Pokéball!
Me: ._.

Enigma
January 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
A favorite 'WTF' moment that I remember is when I played Ruby once, and the Aroma Lady Rose glitch happened. (The one where she sees you and climbs on top of the ledge) I recall literally exclaiming, 'W-What?! How? That's impossible!' this is madness!

NamelessGuy
January 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
On Emerald, my save file corrupted. It had my beloved level 70+ team trained by hand on it. I was 13, and I almost broke my DS in anger.

brodioh
January 9th, 2011, 02:34 AM
Shiny Ralts appeared!
Me: !!!
Zigzagoon used tackle!
Ralts used growl!
Zigzagoon used tackle!
Ralts used growl!
WALLY used Pokéball!
Me: ._.

Something happened exactly like that to me on Fire Red.
The Man who shows you how to catch pokemon caught a Shiny Weedle.
WTF

Ωmega
January 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
This really happened. No lie.

I caught a Mewtwo, Lv.70, with a Pokeball at full health. O_O

altariaking
January 9th, 2011, 07:22 AM
On Emerald, my save file corrupted. It had my beloved level 70+ team trained by hand on it. I was 13, and I almost broke my DS in anger.

A similar thing happened to me on Pokemon FireRed when I was 10/11.
I had a Plusle level 100, a Charizard level 100, and a bunch of other really cool awesome Pokemon. Then on Easter, I got chocolate inside the game somehow and my save was corrupted :(
I cried :'(

DoctorFred
January 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Here's one.

Swampert used Surf. Aron evaded the attack.
Swampert used Surf. Aron evaded the attack.
Swampert used Blizzard. Aron evaded the attack.

And Aron had no evasion boosts. Swampert had no accuracy losses.

Qusic
January 9th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Awhile back while strolling through Meteor Falls, I saw a Lunatone with a blue eye. I was all, "Oh snap, he has a blue eye!" So I sent out a weaker Pokemon so it wouldn't one-hit K.O. him. Unfortunately, he mangaed to land a critical hit, and he fainted. I was so angry.

Luckily, the next day I ran into a shiny Zubat, and I managed to not kill it and catch it. :D

Jubilation
January 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I was watching my friend play Ruby, and she came across a shiny Taillow and when I told her to catch it, she said no and ran from the battle. I cried alittle inside.

shinyabsol1
January 9th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Was trying to catch Mewtwo in a play through of FR. Took down it's HP to around 3/4 of max, threw 1 pokeball and caught it. Good times...

Kobold Asylum
January 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Magickarp is OP. I been saying it for ages.

Sirknight
January 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
My first time playing Firered and on the way back to Pallet Town to deliver the Parcel for Oak I find a shiny Pidgey and of course no Poke Balls yet!

U.Flame
January 10th, 2011, 10:12 PM
A LONG time ago, I dropped my GBA SP into a (used) toilet with my Sapphire in it. The system went into a coma but I miraculously saved my Sapphire with my level 100 Blaziken in it, my most precious Pokemon I have. The GBA is dead, Sapphire eventually died, but My Blaziken "U.Flame" lives in my Pearl now! My WTF moment is just HOW did he survive being dropped into not only water, but USED water. Poor, lucky thing.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I was playing Emerald earlier and I was facing Triathlete Maria's Doduo. I had my Azurill at the front of my team with little health, so then I went to switch it with Vulpix. It went:

"Azurill, return!"
"Doduo used Pursuit!"
"Azurill fainted"
*Me... WHAT?!*
"Go, Vulpix!"
*Me... ???*

Another thing happened today battling in another rematch. I was against Pokémon Ranger Catherine, who sent out a Roselia that used: "Grasswhistle." It missed but I was still like WHOA!! cause I swear I've never seen that move before in my life lol :)

XDragonRiderX
January 11th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I was playing Emerald earlier and I was facing Triathlete Maria's Doduo. I had my Azurill at the front of my team with little health, so then I went to switch it with Vulpix. It went:

"Azurill, return!"
"Doduo used Pursuit!"
"Azurill fainted"
*Me... WHAT?!*
"Go, Vulpix!"
*Me... ???*

Pursuit is a Dark type move that when you switch out, it does 2X the damage than it normally would.

WTF moment, this man at the KungFu place in BF in Emerald KO'ed all my Pokemon 'cause my Swampert died and he got a Crit on my Blaziken.

ShaQuL
January 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
i had one moon stone left and i used it on clefairy, i accidentally clicked B...

u couldn't have... when u use stones to evolve and press B nothing happens...

My Ruby game wouldn't load and I found out an ant crawled inside it and I killed it and it some how glitched and now i have 30 shinies.

I BET! you either cheated or you're lyin cos it's all about proggraming not about the cartridge!

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
January 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Pursuit is a Dark type move that when you switch out, it does 2X the damage than it normally would.

WTF moment, this man at the KungFu place in BF in Emerald KO'ed all my Pokemon 'cause my Swampert died and he got a Crit on my Blaziken.

OH lol!! That would explain it, thanks for letting me know :D

WTF moment - it was actually more of a cool moment, I was in a Pokémon Mart and bought about 20 (it was either Pokéballs or Revives I can't remember lol) and then the cashier was like: "I'll throw in a Premier Ball for good measure."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was soo cool, I checked my Bag afterwards and it was totally there :P

Nash Bandicoot
January 13th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I caught Rayquaza at full heath with an ultraball

vaporeon7
January 18th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I was at the Battle Tower in Ruby and I had a 49 win streak and i was one Pokemon away from my last trainer star. My opponent sent out a Starmie. It was pretty much the one Pokemon that could beat my team. It took out 2 of my Pokemon until I was down to Porygon2. I knew the only way I'd win is if I could paralyse it. So then I started using Zap Cannon. After missing 3 times it hit. I was so happy and then Starmie had a Cheri Berry. It then used Recover and then finished me off with Ice Beam. I used some bad language that night.

Kiiroi
January 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
On ruby it took me countless amounts of ultraballs on a paralised 1hp groudon but when i went for Rayquaza it took me 1 pokeball at full hp :|

MEGAS
January 18th, 2011, 03:07 AM
My WTF moment is that when I was on the Battle Arena on Emerald, I saw a shiny Quilfish. And I am like: WTF!!! I want that thing!!! T_T
What a torture for a low chance to find him not at the wild but in a place where I can't catch it instead.. T_T

sab
January 21st, 2011, 03:47 PM
My save glitched and I got the gold battle tower symbol for free on emerald. The funny thing is that it only says I have a one win streak on my record, because I never go there anymore.

syotipoke
January 26th, 2011, 01:17 AM
This is my classmate's WTF moment:

In Sapphire, he was trying to catch Kyogre.All his Pokemon fainted, except for his Ninetales. His Ninetales ownd it (had it fainted).

What's worse:he didn't save!

Erufuun
January 26th, 2011, 04:25 AM
Well, that is one strong Ninetales!! XD
I can't say I have had to many WTF moments... One is that I had 40 Ultra balls to catch Groudon. Threw all of them, not one caught him... Reloaded the game. Caught him on the first ball. XD I MEAN WTF

TARDISam
January 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Years ago when I had Ruby I found a shiny Makuhita in Granite Cave. I'd only jsut learned about shinies earlier that day and a few save files after I caught it... kyzkzuzkzzzkzkzkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... game crashed, save file wiped. Closer inspection... Ruby was a pirated cartridge! Noo! Why couldn't I find it on my perfectly normal Sapphire?

Darkgoalie
January 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
My WTF moment was wheni was trying to get a baby Torchic when breeding with a Zangoose then finally found out to get a baby Torchic i needed a Female Blaziken so i had like 20 Zangoose babies, i stored about 18 Zangooses and the two remaining eggs in my PC Box, one week later Pokémon Diamond and Pearl came out so i forgot about Emerald, two years later learnt about Pal Park , yeah i know i was a noob:(, got my Emerald and decided to hatch the last two remaining eggs, the 2nd hatched and it was a shiny, i was estatic! But i read that you could not catch Tropius in Diamond so i went to go cacth one in Emerald the one i caught had Pokérus!!! YAY!!!

333Bl4ck
January 27th, 2011, 02:32 AM
i was wtfing when i catched mewtwo with a random pokeball^^

solopy567
January 29th, 2011, 03:23 AM
My WTF moment was in FireRed. I absolutely couldn't beat the Elite Four at all, so I stopped playing for a long time. A year later, I pick up the game...And go through the Elite Four like they are nothing. My team was no different than what it was because I didn't touch the game at all.

I seriously WTFed at that. How the heck was I able to beat the Elite Four after a year of not playing and not being able to do so before??

Comokanu
January 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
When I usually see weird Pokémon I catch it. Like the shiny Weedle I caught in FR. It was an odd color, which made me think it was glitch'd up. But then stars flew from the Weedle and I was like WTF? This looks too well made to be a glitch!

I caught it, looked it up on trust Serebii to find it was a shiny. I exploded in delight.

I reseted the game, as no one wanted to trade for it because they were dirty hackers. Little did I know of the upcoming GTS trade feature on D/P.

FML. And WTF.

Also when my Emerald crashed after defeating one of the Frontier Brains. That was before I could save. I smashed the nearest object to me, which was my lunchbox. I had school the next day, carrying my sandwiches in a plastic bag in a rucksack full of books. Opened the rucksack only to see my books covered in bread, mayonnaise and slices of ham.

What The Actual F!

ATalkingMeowth
February 2nd, 2011, 02:21 AM
Mine is in the Elite Four versus Glacie, first run through. She actually hit me with sheer cold, and though irritated, I passed it off as bad luck. So I sent out another pokemon and started using amnesia; soon ice beam was doing almost nothing, so she used sheer cold again, and it hit, again. WTF game?! It's bad enough fighting an ice trainer while attempting an all grass-types challenge, and then you throw this at me? C'mon...

hatake_kakashi
February 2nd, 2011, 05:40 AM
here's mine, i was trying to make my squirtle (my starter) to reach level 100 without evolving, when i reach level 50.. i forgot to press the cancel button (the B button, i didn't even think of giving my squirtle an everstone), and soon after i saved the game, and then i realized my mistake.. seriously WTF have i done? waaaaaaaaaaah!

ShaQuL
February 4th, 2011, 03:16 AM
my WTF moment was when i found a shiny Slugma lv 2 near Daycare! my brother said that it was a glitch :O it happened in my sapphire. another one was where i caught a weird MAGIKARP called MAGIKRAP! (i realesed it now -.-) on the internet they say its aftermath of cheats or something (i bought it used)

mzmingle
February 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
right. I was just outside Petalburg in the grass.
Wild Zigzagoon (uncommon)
Wild Zigzagoon (uncommon)
Wild Wurmle (SO RARE lol)
Wild Ralts (RARE)
Wild Ralts (RARE)
also the only pokemon i have ever ran into in petalburg woods are shroomish. luck or what?
....lol

Pink Typholsion
February 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
In Emerald I was going to catch Kyorge for my friend. And I got 80-87 Ultra Balls and got it down to 1 HP, and asleep and caught him with only 2 Ultra Balls left.

Also on emerald, My friend was catching Registeel and had 70-80 Ultra Balls and ran out of Ultra Balls, and had 5 pokeballs, and caught him with only one pokeball :S

skyluigi2
February 12th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Mine was on Ruby in the Elite Four.

I was fighting the first guy's Mightyena with a Spoink. Here's what happened:

Mightyena used Swagger!
Spoink's attack sharply rose!
Spoink's Own Tempo prevents confusion!

... Lol.

trevman727
February 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Shiny Rayquaza. I thought it was glitched, so I turned off and back on and it was 'fixed'.

GrazingCrow
February 13th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Lol. One time my friend was playing my pokemon game, and found a SHINY Pidgey. I exclaimed, "Dude! OMG, that Pidgey is shiny!" He was also appalled by it.

And then, for some unknown reason, I see him highlight "Flamethrower" with his Arcanine and end up killing it....

What. The. Fudge?

Pika-power
February 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Once, I was battling Drake in sapphire, and when I started the battle, he had 6 lv. 100 magkarps.

WEIRD HUH?

skyluigi2
February 14th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Once, I was battling Drake in sapphire, and when I started the battle, he had 6 lv. 100 magkarps.

WEIRD HUH?

What? Either MEGA GLITCHES! or hacks. :) Or the effect of cheats...

fenyx4
February 16th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Well, in Ruby I did wonder what kind of disease that green eared Whismur had. Looked a little like this:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/c/c2/Spr_3r_293_s.png

I didn't know the gold I had found. I caught him and all, but I thought he was sick. And he twinkled in battle. I didn't think it was too healthy.

You got one too?! ^_^ I found my shiny Whismur while I was hunting for Ditto in Emerald's Desert Underpass. I relished the encounter, and it's currently sitting in a box right now. I plan to import it to Platinum or HeartGold one day, and subsequently transferring it to a Generation 5 game.

My first-ever shiny was Golbat, though, and introduced me to the concept of shiny Pokemon. :D I lost the Sapphire cartridge containing that shiny Golbat, but it will be a cherished memory...

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/73/Spr_3e_042_s.gif

I was definitely surprised in encountering the shiny Espeon in FireRed's Trainer Tower, a shiny Kingdra in Emerald's Battle Tower, and a shiny Charmeleon in a Battle Factory selection pool. I encountered a shiny Fearow in the wild in FireRed, caught it, and traded it to Emerald. Sadly, the Emerald savefile containing it accidentally got corrupted during a saving corruption. Come to think of it, that's a "WTF moment" in itself because Emerald just decided to wipe my savefile completely without evening bothering to reload the previous version of the savefile. That's the only time it has ever failed to load the previous save, in my experience(s). :cer_pissed:

Another "WTF Moment" was when one of my Pokemon used either Thunder or Thunderbolt, and the game just froze. A similar incident occurred later on, when the game went CHSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. IIRC, I've had both types of Thunder(-bolt) glitches (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_minor_glitches#Thunder_glitch) occur in Sapphire, FireRed, and Emerald Versions. It was a very scary moment, and it was slightly relieving to know that other people had experienced the glitch as well.

In emerald i once found a shiny zubat, i caught it. Then, the shiny aron appeared... it used roar... Later I evolved my zubat into a crobat and my cousin offered me a zangoose for it
i had sapphire and emerald but not ruby, so i was really excited(i was little...) and i agreed... the next month my sister got ruby... how foolish i was...(and my cousin still owns that crobat and offered it to my sister!)

Hmm...another annoying example was in Emerald's Battle Tower, where I had entered the Multi Battle Mode. I think the Pokemon I had remaining was Registeel, with the computer having Tyranitar, and the opponents having an assortment of non-Flying/Levitating Pokemon; I don't exactly recall the opponents' Pokemon, only the fact that they weren't affected by Ground-type moves. At some point in the battle, cue the computer's Tyranitar using Earthquake when only my Registeel is affected with the opponents being completely immune to EQ damage. At one point, I retaliated against my computer partner simply out of annoyance. Seriously, computer player, double-yew. Tee. Eff.

The double battle mode is so much better, but I like the concept of Trainer tag teams better. Part of the somewhat enjoyable challenge of the Battle Tower's Multi Battle mode is that you have to be skilled enough to combat with the underhanded tactics of the opponents, as well as bracing yourself for any stupid mistake that the computer partner might make.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
February 17th, 2011, 06:51 AM
The Thunderbolt glitch freaked me out the first time it happened to me.

Then there was the battle with the champion/rival in LG where I managed to win by 2 HP.

And numerous WTF cheap shots in the Emerald Battle Frontier.

AntiZero
February 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I recently found a shiny shiny Pidgeotto on my way to the Pokemon League in Fire Red.

It used Whirlwind after it escaped from a Great Ball. :'(

Weavile05
February 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I went through TWO FireReds that were fake, then my grandma (who was buying them for me as christmas gifts) just got fed up with where she was buying it from and gave me the refund money where I could just buy it myself. Guess how much it was.
$95!!!!!!!!

Canderis
February 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I was battling raquaza, i had used all of my ultra balls, great balls, and everything else i had except one pokeball. It caught it. Another time, i was training some weak pokemon, and i didn't have anyone goods with me, and latios appeared, first time i had seen him in that save. I just decided to use another regular pokeball, cuz i couldn't do much else. It caught him. It was great.

Grålle
February 26th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Not a wtf moment in the game but when me and my brother were going to get FireRed and LeafGreen. We argued who was going to be stuck with LeafGreen since we both liked the cover on FireRed better. After a while I gave up and took the green version.

After a week or so I got my game.

My brother got a letter saying his game was sold out. Suddenly LeafGreen wasn't so bad to have.

Weavile05
February 26th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
Kyogre was Frozen!
Kyogre was defrosted!
Kyogre has one HP left so you can't use Ice Beam again or you'll kill it!
Oh well. I still managed to catch it on that same attempt anyway.

ShadowMrk
February 26th, 2011, 10:30 PM
I hate the WTF moments when a wild Pidgey uses one Sand-Attack on your Rattata and you keep missing attacks for 10 turns straight. Then when you switch your Rattata for Charmander and use Smokescreen to its max ,but the Pidgey keeps making successful hits. This has happened SO many times and when it does happen I will often scream at my GBA.

インフェルノの津波
February 26th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Whenever you get beaten by normal trainers, you start to wonder "How the hell did this happen..."

It happened to me once, when a random trainer with a...Milotic, was it...completely swept my team in Ruby.

Weavile05
February 27th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Apparently, level 42 is underleveled in Victory Road

That's what I was thinking when I went up to Wally with only a Skarmory with low health

And Vital Throw always Goes last but never misses right? Then how can it possibly go first, which has happened to me before. I suppose I can't complain, since I was the one using it, but still, how!?

PokemonLeagueChamp
March 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
FireRed, I used the PokeFlute to wake up a Snorlax. I had wasted 3 Ultra Balls on the other one, so I shrugged, and on a whim threw the Master Ball at it. Flash forward a few months. I'm deep in Cerulean Cave, fighting Mewtwo.
Ultra Ball
*breaks out*
Ultra Ball
*breaks out*
Thunder Wave
Ultra Ball
*breaks out*
Timer Ball
*breaks out*
You get the idea. After a LONG time of that, I remembered there was this ball that was guaranteed to make a catch. Now what ball was that? Oh crap......

olih
March 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I was fighting this random trainer once, and I sent out my lvl 42 Aggron against his lvl 26 Shroomish. Nobody used stat changing moves or anything, but when Aggron used Dragon Claw the Shroomish was still alive. Sort of weird.......

Dixie Kong
March 6th, 2011, 11:51 PM
OMG RYO. I got swept by that Milotic my first time through Sapphire. I was completely flabbergasted.

Also olih, Aggron has HORRIBLE special attack and in gen III, Dragon moves are special, so yeah. That's why Shroomish lived.

Nato4eyes
March 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Im not sure if this is a WTF moment or just luck but when I usually battle Groudon I either KO it or use all my pokeballs. But one day I just decided to lob a regular pokeball.... and I caught it at full hp.... what are the odds? Anyways I think its pretty cool :D

The Corrupt Plague
March 10th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Ever wondered if you could steal a shiny? Long ago in Leaf Green, I tried to use a catch trainer's pokemon AR code to catch the shiny Espeon in the Trainer Tower and it mysteriously turned into a bad egg. I think that those pokemon are somehow protected because this was the only time that ever happened when I used that cheat. Speaking of shinies, did you know that they can appear in XD when you are using a battle CD? I was so pissed off when I saw that Green Machamp because that was way back during the day before Pokesav even existed! I also saw a trainer use a shiny Horsea once in the Battle Frontier in Emerald. Yeah, I have really bad luck with shinies.

Theab95
March 14th, 2011, 11:32 AM
when I found a shiny Corsola in sapphire and I had no Pokeballs....
but I found once in route 120 also in sapphire a shiny Maril and I caught it
it was my first shiny.

mew_nani
March 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I am currently looking for a shiny Diglett in Pokemon Leafgreen. I met one on my first file, but I killed it. If memory serves me right it was purple-ish.... I saw that the sprite on other games isn't purple-ish, so I am trying to find it again to see if it's purple or not. After a while, while I was searching and simultaneously hatching Charmander eggs, I ran into...

A shiny Dugtrio. :D

Now she's a permanent part of my team. Still searching for that shiny Diglett, though...

cand098
March 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I have a WTF moment every time i send out Zoroark... I have a short memory

Caramel-O
March 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM
wooowh there's a lot of WTF moments here :D

Nateon
March 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mine is probably when my then-boyfriend said he always found a skitty on the 13th wild pokemon found, so i left him to it, on #13 he didn't find one, then found one on #26 and just to top it off, was a shiny male skitty, was pretty happy with that one!!

A_Creative_Name
March 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I've had several low-level (between 3 and 8) Pokemon escape from an Ultra Ball. It's really annoying.

pokehearts
April 23rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Not really a WTF moment, but whenever I get to pacifidog town, I put in for the latest trend chooser thing "your mom " XD

FlameChocobo
April 24th, 2011, 05:48 AM
My WTF moment has to be Catching Rayquaza on the Sapphire version.

I was fighting it with my Skarmory. After bring its HP down to critical, I used the Ultra Ball on it, and the first one caught it! I never had that luck happen to me before facing it on Sapphire (I recorded the video of it as part of my Project).

Pyrax
April 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I recently found a shiny shiny Pidgeotto on my way to the Pokemon League in Fire Red.

It used Whirlwind after it escaped from a Great Ball. :'(

You should've used an ultra ball. :L

------------

I was randomly fishing in route 119 and I randomly found a Feebas.
I wan't even looking for Feebas.

Pingouin_7
April 25th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Not really a WTF moment, but whenever I get to pacifidog town, I put in for the latest trend chooser thing "your mom " XD

You were supposed to change it to "Making Out"

ausnick
April 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM
my 'wtf' moment is where I was up against my rival who swept my team with 5 critical hits in a ****ing row.... man that was annoying.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 13th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Mine happened today - I had saved in front of Moltres in Leaf Green, accidentally killed it so turned it off... then, when I switched back on, nothing happened, I did this several times while freaking out cause nothing was happening.

Then, I took the cartridge out and reinserted it, and luckily it started up again and no progress was lost - that Moltres couldn't escape me THAT easily! :P

Metal Electric
May 15th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I found a Shiny Rayquaza about 5 years ago O_O That was really awesome and I still got it. ^^ I was so lucky and happy.

gameplayer56
May 15th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Similar to Pokemonleaguechamp, I got my Super Rod & I decided to fish for whatever reason it was I can't remember, & then I exclamation mark appeared, & the battle started. The battle was between a lvl 25 Gyarados (Oh, do I regret throw that PokeBall), anyways, I got its health to a point where I could possibly catch it, so I wasted all my Pokeballs & the last one was a Masterball, threw it, & caught.
Several weeks later, I learned that you could only get one Masterball per save & I wasted it on a lvl 25 Gyarados that I never used in battle..

SapphireFanatic
May 16th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I have seen a solrock in meteor falls while playing my sapphire and i ran from it.... it was before i knew that it actually wasn't in the game. :(

Hybrid Trainer
May 17th, 2011, 05:14 AM
this was really more of a zomg than a wtf but when i found a shiny tentacool in my emerald.
but a wtf moment was when i spent pretty much a solid week trying to find the other Lati@s after i mixed records with a ruby, saphire and an emerald only to be told they didn't have the ticket -.-

Atomic Pirate
May 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Probably when I was hunting for a Shroomish in my Ruby, and I found a shiny Zigzagoon. Another was when I loaned my Ruby to my friend so he could help me fill my Pokedex and he restarted, not bothering to save said Zigzagoon.

Druyii
September 7th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I spent ages on my saphire, ruby and two emeralds searching for shiny pokemon, hoping to find a good one, and nothing came up. Then my friend gives me leaf green, so I start a new game, and the second pokemon I catch is a shiny rattata. After waiting for an awesome shiny, it was a rattata >_<

Fastforward through twenty minutes of gamepay time, and another one appears, I was so annoyed that I just killed the smug little thing :L

The Last One
September 7th, 2011, 07:53 AM
my wtf moment was in firered, and my pidgeotto pwned all of Lt Surge's Pokemon... i was like wtf

Cassino
September 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Send out Beedrill.
Beedrill has almost if not full health.
OHKO'd by a not very effective critical hit.
What.

And that's karate chop in a nutshell, I guess.
Could've been Paras I sent out instead, not sure, but it'd still have resisted.

cazzler
September 9th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Mine was in Emerald, I was running along route 110 then a blue electrike appeared, lucky my friend was with me, he told me that it is an extremely rare occurance, I was going to turn the GBA off since I thought it was some nasty glitch, lucky I didn't haha

MrAwsomeFace
September 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Mine was in FR. I found something rare and my brother was next to me i threw a pokeball and my brother said before "hold down all the buttons and it makes it easier to catch". So i did and i my Gameboy Advance (or ds can't remember) turned off, i was like WTF... -.-

He laughed at me. :(

echolocated
September 12th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I had a WTF moment in FireRed. I saw a Shiny Nidoran in the Safari Zone. Thank goodness i knew what shinies were. After a while of throwing rocks and bait, it ran away! I freaked out and almost threw my Game Boy. What's worse is, after that, my save file erased itself!

Pachireecko
September 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I was playing Sapphire. I was battling Wattson and his Voltorb used Selfdestruct on my Vigoroth, who was at half health. It lived with one HP.

Khall
September 14th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I'm pretty sure this was because of the berry glitch in R/S but a long time ago when the games were still new, the Team Magma/Aqua leaders both appeared as different overworld sprites. Maxie's overworld sprite was a female Cooltrainer and Archie's overworld sprite was a Wynaut doll. Both times were during the event where they hi-jack the submarine in Slateport, or whatever. o.o

ohHeyVaporeon.
September 14th, 2011, 12:01 PM
One time, on LeafGreen, I accidentally released one of my Eevee Evolutions to the wild. Talk about bitter? I was bitter for a long, long time about that..

psyanic
September 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Found a shiny Voltorb on Ruby under New Mauville, which I accidently killed ;_;

ohHeyVaporeon.
September 14th, 2011, 04:12 PM
It seems like a lot of people's WTF moments are about shinies... Just an observation. ^^

At least to my knowledge, I have never encountered a shiny.

=(^.^)=
September 15th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I has a shiny WTF moment :D

Prof. Birch: Why don't you go meet my kid, May?
Me: *goes to meet May*
*walks through grass*
*battle starts*
*first wild pokemon I've encountered in the game appears*
*it is a...shiny poochyena*

WTF Emerald, I don't have pokeballs yet T_T

U.Flame
September 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
The entire plot makes me wonder "WTF"? Team Magma and Aqua really need to think their ideas through. Seriously.

Brendino
September 23rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
I think the WTF moment that stands out the most for me was when I was battling Mewtwo on FireRed. The first turn, I went to my bag and was planning on using the Master Ball. By accident, I chose Poke Ball and threw it at Mewtwo. One shake, two shakes, three shakes... Gotcha! Mewtwo was caught!

I was so disgusted at that Mewtwo for being caught so easily that I actually released it once I got to the Pokemon Center (I had another one from a previous game on my Sapphire, so I didn't really care either way).

dash!
September 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Walking through Veridion Forest to train up my team because Brock kept sweeping the floor with them, and I run into a gold Caterpie. O_O
So I proceed to tackle it, its a critical hit, and the little worm faints. :(

Also, ran into a black Rayquaza after one of the 84932658106783 times I had restarted the Gameboy after failing to catch him. Though of course I failed that time too. *Le sigh.*

Shiny Pokemon aside, there was this time I was playing Firered and I was trying to catch Mewtwo. So my cousin is staying over, and asks to play. I say sure, want to do a favor and catch Mewtwo for me? It had been taking me forever after all and I was getting fed up. I gave him an explicit set of instructions: "DO NOT USE THE MASTER BALL. I need it to catch the Suicune that will run away from me and be EVEN MORE of a pain in my ass to catch. If I could have used the Master Ball here, I wouldn't be asking him to do it in the first place." I figure he's about ten years old, he'll understand the situation, he plays Pokemon too after all he just doesn't own FR or LG.

I was wrong, however. *facepalm.*

miju-kun
September 25th, 2011, 09:59 PM
So I was battling and sent out my Skitty. Skitty used Assist and it used Steel Wing. Then in my FR (it was an emulator), my Mewtwo learned Metronome from Cinnabar dude and I used Mewtwo against a trainer and it used Metronome then Transformed O_o

qw13
September 26th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I completed 9 Pokemon games and played about 80 Pokemon games but i only have seen one shiny. A shiny Spinarak on my SoulSilver. I had Lvl 64 Typhloison so i would just use one Pokeball and it is done. I opened bag's Pokeball pocket and ....

NO POKEBALLS!!!!!!!!!
That was my WTF moment.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 27th, 2011, 06:00 PM
My WTF moment was when I went to capture Articuno in Pokemon LeafGreen. For starters, it took me forever to find the stupid blue bird (like an hour) and when I reach the bird, I was fully prepared with a lot of Ultra Balls. I used 50 Ultra Balls and Articuno was not captured and when I threw a Pokeball, it got captured easily.

:t354:TG

PelipperMail
October 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM
This WTF moment happened a few seconds ago, literally. Please excuse the incorrect dialogue:

Tentacool used wrap.
Vibrava was caught in tentacool's wrap
Vibrava used fly!
Tentacool used constrict (it missed)
Vibrava is hurt by wrap

I was confused; Tentacool couldn't have been attached to Vibrava because it's sprite was still in the water. If this was a spiriting error, apologies. Nonetheless, I believe this is my WTF moment

ben cousins
October 1st, 2011, 11:29 PM
when my sister beat norman in emerald

sherreamethyst
October 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Ok, so I have shiny wtf moment.

I ran into a shiny miltank in crystal. My pokemon was a lower level and i used a move like cut. Turns out it was a critical hit and Miltank fainted. Boo you miltank.

I never wanted a miltank anyways, but I was still upset.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon
October 21st, 2011, 02:39 PM
In Sapphire, I was fighting Kyogre. SHINY Kyogre. I kept throwing all these Pokeballs at it... until
"Don't be a thief!" Popped up. It started saying that for every ball I threw, until of course I was out. WTF?! Freakin' glitchy game...
Another time, I happened across a shiny Zigzagoon. I was on a Zigzagoon killing spree at the time, trying to evolve my Torchic before the first Gym Leader, and as soon as I hit 'Attack' and 'Ember', I realized it was shiny... FAIL.

FrostPheonix
October 22nd, 2011, 06:20 AM
I was playing Saphire, up against Kyogre. All my pokes were beaten, with only combusken left. And then it also had red life, Kyogre still had mid green. Desperate, I throw a pokeball. I never expected it to hold.
-Shake-
-Shake-
-Shake-
*Catch!*

I danced a jig.

Also, on firered a shiny Nidorina came up at the safari zone. It declined my food and ran away before I even threw one pokeball...

Gimic
October 24th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Traded my Haryiama lvl. 64 from emerald for a random egg to my friend's Fire Red... The egg hatched, it was a CHARMANDER! And it knows Ancientpower! I was like HELL YEAH!

Sara Yamamoto
October 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I was playing Emerald at the dinner table years ago and i went to catch a pokemon that i needed and the screen turned red. I was trying to catch a Latios i think. It made me so mad!

KoolKat vs. Lucas
October 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I was walking around in FR, almost out of the Mt Moon, when suddenly, I exited the cave and was playing as Brendan. I just minded my own business, but , lo, it said, "KoolKat received a MEW from PROF BIRCH!"
I literally committed ROFL.

bwburke94
October 28th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I was walking around in FR, almost out of the Mt Moon, when suddenly, I exited the cave and was playing as Brendan. I just minded my own business, but , lo, it said, "KoolKat received a MEW from PROF BIRCH!"
I literally committed ROFL.
Pics or it didn't happen.

KoolKat vs. Lucas
November 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Actually, I'm pretty sure fire red was built off of R/S. I think I must have set off an old Ruby/Sapphire tile that was never deleted plus a glitch. It was real though.

PsychicFreakooo
December 2nd, 2011, 08:13 AM
When playing Pokemon Ruby, I forgot to get the Master Ball out of Team Magma's lair. When I eventually found out that I didn't have it, I tried to go back and get but the cave had already closen up. Couldnt catch Groudon with a Ultra Ball so I just killed him. I couldnt deal with the extra sunlight in Lilycove. Haven't played the game in a while since I sold my GBASP but I plan on rebuying the SP and a DS right before I head to college to replay the games.

bwburke94
December 2nd, 2011, 08:28 PM
This is the Advance thread, not HGSS.

dragonfyre173
December 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
One time in Emerald, I was training my Speed Deoxys, when the game crashed while saving. When I reloaded it, all of deoxys's moves were replaced with Sketch XD It was so strange.
And in Sapphire, I caught my first shiny (save gyarados) - a Wingull. I trained it to pelliper, and decided to see it in 3D, so I sent it over to Coliseum. When it got there, its shininess was gone. Just a dull, blue-striped pelliper. I decided that Coliseum didn't have shinies, so I sent it back. But the thing is, it wasn't shiny in Sapphire either o.O So I lost my first shiny to a freak accident.

RedSox71
December 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
It was my first Pokemon game (Sapphire) and I had yet to learn about shiny Pokemon. I was playing through and suddenly I encountered a discolored Trapinch in the desert. I got scared and thought my game was hacked/ruined so I shut it off...

Also, I was playing FR and I was battling Mewtwo and I SWEAR TO YOU I CLICKED "BAG" and instead I ran away...I was so mad and confused.

tente2
December 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I will never forget when I encountered a wild Lotad on Route 3 (I think--it was the earliest route you could catch Lotad). I was grinding and...and...it just showed up. Never thought I would naturally encounter a shiny in a million years.

And I was emulating, too!

Sayan
January 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Once upon a time in a place called the Emerald Battle Tower, I was fighting this Cradily with my defensively EV'd Snorlax. It used Ancientpower and got the boost in all 5 stats (thank god it doesn't raise evasion) and survived my Snorlax's Earthquake. Then it used Earthquake itself while surviving another Earthquake from me. Finally it killed Snorlax with another AP and got ANOTHER boost. I was absolutely WTF'd as my two remaining Pokes, a Special sweeping Latios and a very defensive Seismic Toss Registeel would fall to AP and Earthquake respectively.

I finally tackled this situation by switching back and forth between the two. 1st I had Latios out (who has Levitate), then I switched to Regi who took the AP. Then I knew he would EQ so I switched back to Latios. This way I wasted the 3 remaining PP of Ancientpower and killed that annoyingly lucky Cradily with Latios.

Princess Sammi
January 12th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I happened to run into a Shiny Bellsprout on HeartGold. Guess who only had one Poké Ball left and failed at catching said Shiny Bellsprout. :(

Sayan
January 13th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I happened to run into a Shiny Bellsprout on HeartGold. Guess who only had one Poké Ball left and failed at catching said Shiny Bellsprout. :(

AFAIK this thread is only for gen3 games. HG is gen4.

darkpokeball
January 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
I guess one of mine was when I was walking around, in the area just after you leave Fortree, trying to train my Dodrio and Absol. First encounter, Shiny Marill! Dry internal battery, Pokemon Ruby, and I met a shiny. I panicked, so I used up my masterball. It clicked, and I saved a million times. My first legit shiny...I was so happy.

My second would be the seventh gym. I was horribly underleveled and the SOlrock and teh Lunatone kept killing me. Usually, I would get them to the reds, then they'd heal up with a Full Restore or something. I got so angry, and I was down to only Swampert and Gardeivoir...and both were about to die. So I desperately used Dive with Swampert, hoping they couldn't hit me. THey did, and I was at like 1 HP, the other used a stat boost. Swampert was underwater. Next turn, that Dive One-hit KO's one of the pokemon! I was like 'What the---' then the one remaining is attacking Gardevoir. Dive again with Mudkip. Gardevoir gets to really low HP...and the dive one hit KO's that remaining pokemon. I was so confused. It wasn't even critical. And every other tiem I used Dive, it only put them down a really small amount.

A third would be the Groundoun Battle. I had SR'ed(soft resetted) so many times, because either A. it killed all my pokemon or B. I killed it. I was underlevelled. Plus, my masterball was gone, as I used it on Shiny marill(Shiny Azumarill now.) I was panicking. And playing on my DS Lite. So I threw the Ultra Ball and closed the DS Lite. See, I try strange methods...including closing, and then opening to see if it was caught. My volume was at full, and I heard three jiggles. I didn't hear it break out, so I opened my DS, feeling triumphant...when it gave me a horrible look. It wasn't caught. I was like 'What the--' and wondered what just happened. SO I threw another ultra ball, closed my DS Lite and listened closely....Jiggle...Jiggle...Jiggle...DING! It was caught! I opened my DS, laughing like crazy. I did not expect that...at all.

Xeberos
January 25th, 2012, 08:43 AM
My WTF moment was when I cloned my Blaziken first time in Emerald. I gave it Master Ball so I can have endless Master Balls. I watched cloning video from YouTube and first I thought it's fake and it corrupts you save file. So I tried it on my friend's Emerald. I know, it was pretty mean. :/ Then it worked and I was like "WTF, it's true, you can clone Pokémon."

LuckyLuckyPachirisu
January 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
In Poke'mon Emrald for the first time I had found a shiny. (Around 2008) It was a shiny Makuhita. (I was in that cave near Deword training my Combuskin at the time) I used ember on it then it was almost on yellow HP. After that I could do ember one more time then I could catch it perfectly! But of course what happens? CRITICAL HIT! What the heck? (The shiny Makuhita then faints) Why can't I get a critical hit when I need one. XD (I have many more strange moments but ... this one was from Emrald so yeah. :) )

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
January 27th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ahhh, I Remember the "bad egg" glitch. When i first encounted i was like WTF? and just ran.

HyperXhydra
January 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Crobat used confuse Ray!
Swampert is confused!
it hurt itself due confusion.
(5 minutes later)
Swampert is out of confusion!
Crobat used Confuse Ray!
F***!!!

darkpokeball
January 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I was running around, after training my people in Victory Road and I enter the pokemon league. I heal up and I run around, because I was bored, and I decide to talk to one of the blonde dudes by the entrance to the Elite 4...of course, I run into the challenge area. No potions. No nothing. And I'm still not high enough levels. So I run back, but of course it's blocked. And I want to get out. My brother claims he knows how to get me out, so he yanks the DS from my hand, and he starts saving. I scream at him 'NO!' and my brother laughs and shifts the DS awkwardly...a few minutes later, it still says 'Saving.' Curious, I put up the volume. A horrible screeching, indicating my game crashed. So I had to turn off. When I turned back on:
THE SAVE FILE IS CORRUPT.

I was so freaking scared. My shinies...my beloved team...they can't be gone...they can't be gone...I nervously move on...
THE PREVIOUS FILE WILL BE LOADED.

I load my file and I'm right outside of victory road. Although my save seems to be alright, I was so scared. I save again and turn off, hoping that my game wasn't glitched too bad. Anyways, that would be the scariest moment I've ever had in any Pokemon game. I do hope that it's alright...

MikieJo
January 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Just started replaying Leafgreen, my first Pokemon caught was a Pikachu, I sent it out to battle against a Level 5 pidgey thinking it was going to PWN it. It fainted... it continued to do this until level 5. When it could finally beat them, it was poisoned nearly 95% of the time with weedles and the like. Same happened with my Clefairy, and more recently Hitmonchan.

Second was, when I was 9 or 10 I had Pokemon Emerald, my favourite game, I was 3 Pokemon away from completing the Hoenn dex, my brother and I competed with each other and say he evolved Camerupt and I caught a Zangoose, we would trade. I was winning. Both of us had tried to find out how to evolve Feebas (we has no internet) and he had used rare candies on his to get it to level 100 (I had a cheated Leafgreen) I spent a week looking for one, I caught it and was leveling it up. The next day, I leave it on my mantle piece. GONE! I was hysterical! Then 3 years ago, I found it. Somehow it had gotten inside the felt of out table in the chair. I played it, everything was the same. I evolved Feebas and completed the Pokedex. I wanted to get Jirachi and Deoxys so I used and action replay. After catching Deoxys I used a cheat that got me infinite Master Balls... it overwrote all my secret items and I traded all my Pokemon over to my Ruby and Leafgreen (Later Migrating and Poke Transfer all of them) and started again. But in the process, lost my first Pokemon. Torchic (I refused to evolve it) level 100.

And this is unrelated but in Crystal I caught Suicune with a Poke Ball. The first ball I threw at it!

Ciz
January 29th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Shiny Tropius... All gone... T_T

Amine
January 29th, 2012, 07:42 AM
The fact that i only find shinies in pokemon advance generation hacks.
I found a shiny kakuna in pokemon ashgray.
And i even found just now a shiny taillow in pokemon sienna.

I wish i had this luck in the real games.

DowntownDumpling
January 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I was battling one of my friends on my old file of Emerald. He had a male Jynx! It must have been hacked or something.

Another WTF moment, but one that happened to another friend, not to me, was that he released an Oddish because he hated them. He was walking through the grass a few minutes later, and he found the Oddish! It had the same nickname! He caught it.

darkpokeball
January 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I was battling one of my friends on my old file of Emerald. He had a male Jynx! It must have been hacked or something.

Another WTF moment, but one that happened to another friend, not to me, was that he released an Oddish because he hated them. He was walking through the grass a few minutes later, and he found the Oddish! It had the same nickname! He caught it.

Same nickname? Creepy.

Anyways, my Ruby save happened to be okay...however, now I'm extremely paranoid when I'm playing it, and I get extremely scared when I press the save button. Anyways, when my save corrupted I found all my pokemon had lost levels. So, I have to train them all over again...
Anyways, Wobbufet. It seems to merely be uncommon, not rare. Yet, I only meet it as if it is rare, and usually spend an entire safari game not meeting a single one. Barf. I had been determined to catch one the moment I saw one, but I can't. I've caught every single pokemon in the Safari Zone EXCEPT for Wobbufet. And on the occurence I meet one, my Safari Balls never succeed...it breaks out every time. Eventually I gave up, but I wondered what made Wobbufet uncatchable while everything else merely took a few tries. My attempts were overwhelmingly high,so I gave up.

Cosmotone8
January 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I was playing Emerald, surfing the sea, when I came across a random island in the middle of the sea, which hadn't been there before. I was like WTF, thinking my game was glitched, so I turned it off. I never saw Mirage Island again. -_-

ChibiVamp
February 3rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
After catching all the legends I could in my leafgreen game, I had set about to train my dream team up to challenge the E4 for a second time. I had Mewtwo, Charizard and Dragonite in my team and had shiny Onix and Butterfree.
One late afternoon I grab my GBA (yes i actualy own the game) and switch it on, only to discover that my younger sister went and started a new game and erased my data. I can't recall ever being even half as pissed off as I was then.