PDA

View Full Version : Steam stuff on sale again

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 25th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I remember how insane Christmas was, and how mad I feel for missing out on quite a few smack-awesome deals, but maybe there's another shot! Steam are having a Summer sale (http://store.steampowered.com/)! So I started wondering: is there anything worth getting? And now I pose this question to most of you:

Have you found any deal that's so awesome it's worth getting?

The one thing Australians and Germans can't buy seems to be this:
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/skitched-20100625-210937.png
Because it has uncensored L4D2 in it, I'm guessing. :(

Droidz
June 25th, 2010, 03:44 AM
The one thing Australians and Germans can't buy seems to be this:
http://idisk.me.com/sotomura/Public/Pictures/Skitch/skitched-20100625-210937.png
Because it has uncensored L4D2 in it, I'm guessing. :(

Really?! We can't get this because it has the uncensored L4D2, that really sucks. I hope this R18+ Classification goes through.

Munch Dog
June 25th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Well, any sale on steam is good, but I guess I better hold off on anything I was planning on buying until the sale is over in case they go on sale themselves!

During the Christmas sale I got the ID Super Pack for $23. It was great. :D

Zet
June 25th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I was wondering why I couldn't see the Valve Complete Pack, but however if you like the Monkey Island games or even Sam & Max, there's always the Telltale Complete Pack which is going for $50. This makes me wish I had a job right now so I can actually buy stuff.

June 26th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I bought the Serious Sam HD: Double Pack. Pretty good price for both games.

Hiroshi Sotomura
June 26th, 2010, 05:30 AM
L4D is 33% off and the four pack dropped to around $30, and it has me wondering: should I buy the pack now since it's somewhat cheap, or hold off (on the possibility that Valve does it) until it's maybe $15-$20 for the four-pack?

twocows
June 30th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Left 4 Dead 1 is on sale 66% today for $6.80. Get it now and add Steam ID twocows as a friend!

Cherrim
June 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Hope you held off, Jake. I think the 4-pack was discounted along with L4D.

:) Jake bought me L4D2 the other day and I'm in the midst of downloading my freshly-purchased L4D. I've been tempted to bite on a few deals but these are the only two I've bothered with so far. I'm probably gonna pick up the "Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack" by the end of the sale. I've never heard of it before and have no idea what it's about but I like the art direction in the screenshots and, really, for $2.50, I can't say I'll care too much if it turns out that it sucks. XD;

Haowakeorden
July 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately I don't have a credit card or anything that I can use to shop online. I wish Valve would give us free stuff again, like they did with Portal.

July 1st, 2010, 01:53 PM
You can use PayPal with a debit card if you have one.

Don't count on much more free stuff (not counting content updates to their games, of course) from VALVe. It was a clever move that attracted more people to Steam, but it's not a viable choice to make as a company more than once or twice.
Besides, there've been several weekends where Team Fortress 2, for example, has been free to play. You hardly see that happening anywhere else.

WriteThemWrong
July 4th, 2010, 08:50 AM
valve is awesome, if it weren't for valve steam wouldn't be relevant right now.

i almost bought gta:san andreas and gta4 when there were both under $10 but i have rent and food to buy so i'm kinda holding off on buying games unless it cheap and enjoyable

July 4th, 2010, 10:11 AM
The last day of the summer sale has all of the previous top sellers up for grabs for the next (at the time of writing) 23 hours.

ARMA II for $19.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for $33.49
BioShock 2 for $14.99
Borderlands for $10.19
Grand Theft Auto IV for $4.99
Just Cause 2 for $24.99
Killing Floor $4.99
Left 4 Dead 2 for $10.19
Mass Effect 2 for $23.99
Red Faction Guerrilla for $5
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition for $9.99
Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack for $11.89