PDA

View Full Version : The Original is Still the Best: lovers of the original Crash Bandicoot

YanmegaLv55
June 30th, 2010, 05:19 AM
The thread for the people who love the original Crash Bandicoot games.
Talk about it, and things like the rolling boulder that you dodged ^^

Talk away.

Masterge77
June 30th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I have not played the game in ages, last time I played it was about 5 years ago, right before my stepsister went to college

Papu Papu still scares me though, especially with his butt, oh dear god his butt scares me just thinking of it.......

Maknae
June 30th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I love Crash Team Racing game. :D I played when I was like 7/8 yrs old and still plays it now (I'm 18 :P) So much fun! And all other CB PS1 games too.

Fox♠
June 30th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Crash 2 was such an amazing game, it's sad how awful the series has become.

AtomicoExploda
June 30th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, the original games are much better than the most recent. They've changed how the characters look and the story isn't as good. In my opinion, Crash Team Racing is still the best racing game ever.

Paper Ghost
June 30th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I have a copy of Crash 2 and Crash Bash somewhere. The polar-bear riding game on the latter is SO MUCH FUN. XD My favorite character is Ripper Roo.

And the new series isn't THAT bad compared to say, the new Sonic, but the original is still better. :x

Eternal Nightmare
June 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I love Crash when the game was in its prime. I haven't played a Crash Bandicoot game in ages but I hear the newer ones are pretty bad...reminds me of another animal. A certain blue hedgehog that I still love

sirboulevard
June 30th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Crash 3 still brings back a ton of memories... Man, thats a series that really died a painful death wasn't it?

YanmegaLv55
June 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I played it last week, on my cousin's PS2 when I went for a sleepover.
It was THE original game, that a friend gave to him.
I played it for most likely 2 hours straight

Good times....;)

Nikorasu
June 30th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Oh those were good days, but i enjoyed crash bash more :P

Fox♠
July 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
It's the same as with most great classics, Mario, Sonic, Spyro, Crash etc. They get taken too far and milked. Of course Super Mario Galaxy 2 is different and a fresh game that does the series justice. I wish they'd make a new crash game of the same standard.

shot571
July 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Dude CTR is soo good that my brother who only plays pokemon played it and wanted to play more. I was playing it a few days ago on ps3(original game) it is and always will be epic

EDIT- I agree completely with the poster above. especially spyro and crash.

Fox♠
July 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
It's because Insomniac and Naughty Dog sold Spyro and Crash to universal :(

shot571
July 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
oh right i didnt know that. Naughty dog is amazing. Man I love pretty much alll of their games.universal are ok but they have undeniably messed them up

Aggressor
July 2nd, 2010, 07:36 PM
THE game Crash Bandicoot, was AWESOME. The boulder was epic :D Also Crash Bash is another game I won't forget, all the fun I had with my brother when I was a kid with that game :P

Fox♠
July 3rd, 2010, 03:26 AM
oh right i didnt know that. Naughty dog is amazing. Man I love pretty much alll of their games.universal are ok but they have undeniably messed them up

I think it's because they felt that Crash had primed and didn't want to ruin the series so decided to work on new franchises like Uncharted. Still, selling it to Universal was a bad choice.

It's not so bad for Spyro fans because Insomniac now makes the Ratchet and Clank games which are pretty cool.