PDA

View Full Version : Etrian Odyssey (I, II, and III)

Gymnotide
July 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM
ITT: Play it. It's definitely one of the harder games out there, since Atlus is one sadistic piece of... work. It seems like a horrid game at first, with few good animations, but lots of strange, albeit charming artwork. Within the first few minutes, the game is easy-to-understand, but it soon gets very, very difficult. Within the first hour, perhaps even on the first floor, you'll have died many, many times. This game is definitely one of the more punishing; if you aren't careful, you'll more than likely die every time you find a new monster. In the end, the lack of animation and apparent storyline is made up for by gameplay and ambient textures; there's a lot you have to worry about in this game .-.

Anyway, discuss away.

Even though I'm still not done with Etrian Odyssey I, and I haven't even gotten to Etrian Odyssey II, they're releasing number 3 this September (on the 21st). Augh~

digi-kun
July 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
technically not done with Etrian Odyssey I (beat story, not after-story), and i'm at the end of the second stratum for II

Party for I is Protector, Land..., Ronin; Troubadour, Medic

Gymnotide
July 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Protector, Landsknecht, Survivalist, Medic, and Hexer for I
I'm thinking I'll get a War-Mage for II~

Åzurε
July 7th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Just started the first game. It's pretty fun so far, and I've never been one for dungeon crawlers.

Gymnotide
July 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
fml I am up to the final boss, but I can't kill one of the prerequisites because Wyvern won't respawn. Also the 6th Stratum is really stupid.

Åzurε
July 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Alrighty, I'm down on the 2nd Stratum, and I've just gotten the Wyvern's egg. Now what? Something about the Wyvern hiding a passage to the next floor... Surely I don't have to take it down yet? I tried fighting it and only took about 5% of it's HP. I ran before I got party-wiped. I have a Landsknecht, Protector, Survivalist, Medic and Alchemist on my party atm.