PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Pokémovie

Weeaboo Name
July 5th, 2010, 01:45 AM
After finally catching up to tv on the main show (it took a year to watch every season!) i've started to have a bit of a movie marathon. I have had a look around and haven't really seen too many threads about the films so sorry if i missed it.

Anyway i'm sure most of you remember hassling your parents to take you for weeks and being super excited when "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" hit our cinemas back in 1999 (seriously that long ago), well this thread is to discuss your favourite movies and moments from the Pokémon film series.

I've just finished watching "Jirachi Wish Maker" which i thought was ok but my favourite so far has to be "Latios and Latias". I always thought (watching the show as an 18 yearold Ash's first real romantic experience would be with a Pokemon) and that (probably) turned out to be so.

I also really liked the first one when it came out but that was just because of the whole atmosphere about my school (And the Awesome promo Dragonite card) as after re-watching it seemed a bit drab (apart from the end)

Over to you forum.

JAK3
July 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I remember my friend had grandparents who lived up in a valley. Me and my friend used to go and play in the river they lived near, and right after we would go watch the first Pokemon movie, then Pokemon 2000. To this day, me and my friend still play Pokemon, we are not as hardcore as we used to be, but when we play it, we know what we are doing. So that was my favorite Pokemon movie.

Purple Nurple
July 5th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I'd have to say any of the first three were the best. Childhood reminiscense, and whatnot.

Spinor
July 5th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm an animation quality junkie, so the DP ones are around my top league. Rise of Darkrai for the soundtrack and plot, Sky Warrior for epicness, Jewel of Life for plain having god.

Kirbychu
July 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure why, but I'm really fond of Movie 9.

TwinkleClefable
July 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Pokemon heroes was definitely the best, and the saddest, the only Pokemon movie i actually cried in. The Manaphy one is good too. <3

Silver25
July 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I have a couple based on different qualities:

First Movie: because it was and still is epic.

Heroes: mostly because it was where they really started to incorporate real world scenery details. Plot was ok, but the cinematic details are amazing.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: Great plot line, exceptional scenery, ties in with the first movie, and the whole "Sir Aaron" and medieval theme was sweet. Lucario was awesome as well.

Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: plot was good, scenery was sweet, different music that goes well with the water theme, and the opening scene with the water show was great.

Giratina and the Sky Warrior: scenery and plot

MareBear
July 5th, 2010, 06:51 PM
I absolutely love the first two movies but out of the two of them, I love Pokemon: The Movie 2000 the best because of its plot and I just loved that movie as a kid. Still, I do have to admit that I still tear up when Ash sacrifices himself in the first movie. Anyway, I also like Lucario and the Mystery of Mew 'cause of the storyline and it was an overall good movie. Plus, we had the introduction of Sir Aaron and Lucario, who is one of my favorite Pokemon to date.

Droidz
July 5th, 2010, 07:09 PM
My favourite is Pokemon Movie 6 Jirachi Wishmaker, because i love Jirachi xD

PearlShipper4Life
July 6th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Favorite movies eh?

1. Pokemon movie 2000: Ignoring all the Pokeshipping hints, its my favorite. I love films that have Ash front and centure, him saving the world was fun. I loved Ash and Team Rocket working together as well and the the villain being a human was new and intresting. The music and animation I liked as well.

2. Movie 5: I liked Ash and that one Pokemon's relationship, it was sooo cute, forgive me I can't remember the Pokemon's name. I loved the music and animation a lot here, different but nice. Very cool new Team Rocket team. Some very good action scenes too, such as when they were locking up the town and Ash had to escape, that was an awesome scene.

3. Movie 12: I loved every thing about this one, animation and Ash being more front and centure once again.

4. Movie 3: I gotta admit, I did like seeing the team work together like that and the ending was pretty wicked. I once again loved the music. The little girl was adorable, her relationship with Ash was sweet.

5. Movie 8: Good storyline, good music, Ash always has great relationships with Pokemon, good action. One of my favorite AG movies.

6. Movie 9: I liked the ending the best, loved seeing Ash save that under water city like that how awesome. Music and animation great again.

7. Movie 11: I loved the love/hate relationship between Ash and that legandary Pokemon, it was fun :P

8. Movie 6: Ash and Max bonding was adorable. I always was fond of there relationship, kind of like a brother type. Ash was very trusting of Max too and protective at the same time, seriously how awesome of a guy is Ash?

9. Movie 10: AshxDawn working as a team through out, catching each other helping save the world. As a Pearlshipper this made me happy.

10. Movie 7: Probaly my least favorite of the bunch, the storyline bored me to tears. Little action too, however I loved seeing how Ash hanndled the situation he was so brave. And his relationship with that kid was cute. Only things that had me liking the film.

Faline
July 6th, 2010, 01:03 AM
So far so good. I like the Rise of Darkrai especially it's soundtrack. <3 ~

CafekkoGira~
July 6th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Sky Warrior for Zero Zero Zero Zero. Also, I agree with AK47 the DP movies, in terms of animation, have been simplu UBER. The opening to the Jewel of Life made me cry ;-; wahahha, I'm so MANRY...

Neurotripsy
July 6th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Definitely the first two, mainly for the nostalgia factor. =3

Agent Clank
July 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Pokemon:Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
cause,to me it had a very good story.
and because the awesomeness that is Lucario was in there.

Cherrim
July 9th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Rise of Darkrai has Cherrim dancing in the trees. It wins by default. n_n

...but seriously, I think my favourite movie is either the Lucario movie (because I thought it was excellent) or Pokémon 2000 (moreso for nostalgia and the beautiful score).

But the Arceus movie also gets major points if only because so many inside jokes came from it when I watched it with friends at a con. :D

Stigmatic
July 9th, 2010, 06:34 AM
First Movie.
Mewtwo is my favourite pokemon.

IcyIce
July 9th, 2010, 11:37 AM
First Movie. I love the song near then end.
2nd wa probably Temple of the Sea and Lucario Mystery of Mew because May being in a Bikini.

Meowth
July 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Lol... of course the first movie is my favorite... just look at my signature. Making a game of it for 2 years now and all...

pokemonloverXD
July 11th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Movie 12, Arceus was awesome!

icomeanon6
July 11th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Honestly, I don't see how any of the newer ones can top good old Mewtwo Strikes Back. I mean, that one was more than just some random anime movie floating around on the internet, it was a phenomenon. I was in first grade when it came out, and everyone in my class was talking about it. As soon as that movie came out, Mew and Mewtwo were immediately recognized by all the kids as the coolest Pokemon ever. And it wasn't just because they were on the poster, they were quite the spectacle to see on the big screen. They were simply more fascinating in nature than any of the other Pokemon. You had Mew with this perpetual aura of mystery, and Mewtwo with the interesting scientific background and the perfect anti-hero flavor.

In all fairness I either haven't seen/don't remember many of the movies beyond the first two, but the first one definitely made more good memories for more kids (in the United States, anyway) than any of the other Pokemon movies combined.

Owl
July 11th, 2010, 01:08 PM
The first one was pretty good although I did like Pokemon 2000 and the Entei one xD

darknesz555
July 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
i've never gotten to see the first movie lol but i really wanna see it!!

but my favorite movie is 2000. It's my fave because i loved the music in dis movie and lugia's song was so cool. i loved the whole prophecy thing and i like how ash was the chosen one.

my second fave is Hero's i loved the setting of the movie and i loved this movies music too lol. and the ending was really sad.

My third fave is Pokemon destiny deoxys because rayquaza and deoxys are soo cool lol.

David Bauer III
July 17th, 2010, 09:38 AM
The first 3 movies are all tied for my favorite. That, for me, was when Pokémon was at it's best.

luf100
July 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Pokemon 2000 is by far my favourite. For some reason I have more childhood memories involving that one than Mewtwo Strikes Back. MSB is definitely my second favourite, and after that Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I haven't seen any movies past Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (which I also love) so I guess it could change.

Maydevoir
July 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I really liked Pokemon Heroes. Latias' human form was pretty cute. :3

Meganium
July 19th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Out of all the movies, Pokemon 2000 was my all-time favorite. Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres were amazing in the movie. I only watched the first three movies, then I watched Pokemon Heroes (the one with Latios and Latias? correct me if I'm wrong... sorry it's been a long time.). I need to catch up and watch the rest of the movies. I am way behind.

MissEnima
July 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
My favorites are
-Pokemon 2000
-I love Lugia what can I say?
-Pokemon: The First Movie
-Probably because it was the first one I've seen, but its still one of my favorites.
-Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker

lahorsea
July 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM
I haven't seen every single movie only about 4 at this rate, but the one that stands out by far in my opinion is Pokemon Movie 2000.

Night Soul
July 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Movies 1,2,3 and 4 because the characters are drawn and animated in such a beautifull way and the plots were interesting as well. Also the first 3 movies have awsome music (American version).

Turnabout
July 23rd, 2010, 09:24 AM
The First Movie will always hold a special place in my heart <3

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is really, really good. I generally start out skeptical of weather the film will be good or not, so that one was a real pleasant surprise!

Fan_the_Flames
July 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks, forcing me to pick a favorite D:

Well, I guess I'll put forward my top 5 or so

Pokemon 2000: I just remember standing in line for well over an hour to watch it on opening day. Front row seats and it was definitely worth it with the action. I also am not too proud to admit I teared up a bit when Team Rocket Sacrificed themselves. (BLASTING OFF FOR GOOD!!! ;_;)

Mewtwo Strikes Back: Nostalgia maybe, but you can't beat the original by much. Awesome Pokemon battles with almost every Pokemon known at that time, and of course the awesome tear montage and "Brother my Brother"

Jirachi: The Wish Maker: Don't get me wrong, I find the plot of this one a bit lacking. But it also is one of the more side character friendly ones, and I liked the relationship between Max and Jirachi. Mentioning Misty didn't hurt either :P And of course possibly my most loved ending song to a Pokemon move "Chiisaki Mono" but only the Japanese version.

Rise of Darkrai: Prince LickiLicki. Nuff said really. But I loved the darker themes, and the blurring of good and evil. Everyone thinking Darkrai was behind the changes and the villain when he was actually saving the entire town. He also gets my vote for most awesome line that seems stupid. THIS PARK IS FOR EVERYONE!!! *Boom*

Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Another one of my non Ash Character fave movies, also because I believe it's the only main release movie that features the Rangers. Manaphy was extremely cute, and everyone's favorite choice pirate.

prateek203
July 23rd, 2010, 08:43 PM
Didn't got to watch many, but "Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" is good.

Hantsuki
July 23rd, 2010, 08:52 PM
I've only seen up to the film with Jirachi (I think number six?), so out of the first six, my favorite would have to be the third one: the one with Entei and the Unown. I'm very partial to movies about little girls and their fathers/fatherly figures, so it was only natural for me to like this one the most out of the bunch. Besides, this movie was rather different since it dealt with some serious issues like escapism, Molly making up her own dream world to cope with the fact that her father and mother are never returning again. And the battle between Entei and Charizard was just one of the best of all the Charizard battles and legendary Pokemon battles.

The close second would be the fifth Pokemon with Latias and Latios. I thought it was cute how Latias had a crush on Ash (putting all ideas of bestiality aside, I mean Bayleef had a crush on Ash too!). Plus, the whole thing about Latios dying and then protecting the rest of the people was a nice heroic ending.

But of course I will always enjoy the first two movies. I remember crying when Ash supposedly died in the first movie and then the most epic of all the Pokemon movies: Pokemon 2000 with Ash trying to be a hero restoring peace to the Orange Islands and the world. It was an exciting adventure, I must say.

Recluse
July 24th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Pokemon Heroes (Movie 5) and "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" (Movie 8).

Vernikova
July 26th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I notice that this thread is always posted right after the previous one goes past the 30-day mark. I don't think I always post in these threads but when I get asked this question I usually flip-flop between answers.

It's between Movie 7, Movie 9, and Movie 11. This time, I'm feeling for Movie & because of the beautiful setting and I like the huge battle between Rayquaza and Deoxys. It has one of my favorite moments when Rayquaza uses Hyper Beam in the face of Deoxys.

Alli
July 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM
First and third movies for me. First one was just epic as a little kid. I even tried to clone an Eevee toy I had. Third one kinda struck me personally, plus it was the first time my mom did anything Pokemon related with me. :) So that made me happy. I still have the promo Entei card<3

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
my personal favorite move is destiny deoxys.

reasons?

plusle and minun are SOOOOOOOOOO cute =Þ

hoenn is teh roxorzzz (dont flame me, cuz yes i ve seen most of the movies before hand before making this desision)

graphics are good in this movie

the plot is original

ash's acting wasnt as bad as it is now imo.

music is awesome (look up music durring the tag team match and youl see)

ok so thats my first post in this section =) just my oppinion.

Noblebeastx
July 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM
my personal favorite move is destiny deoxys.

reasons?

plusle and minun are SOOOOOOOOOO cute =Þ

hoenn is teh roxorzzz (dont flame me, cuz yes i ve seen most of the movies before hand before making this desision)

graphics are good in this movie

the plot is original

ash's acting wasnt as bad as it is now imo.

music is awesome (look up music durring the tag team match and youl see)

ok so thats my first post in this section =) just my oppinion.

Will you please stop spelling like a 10 year old dyslexia kid and learn to spell.

Anyway,My favorite movie would have to be Pokemon:The rise of darkrai
I love how the story unfolds and the battles along it.

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 11:04 PM
i think you are mistaking most of my spelling errors for punctuation and capitalization,

i dont see many spelling errors.

i tend not to capitalize on forums, sorry.

edit: favourite was the only noticable spelling error to me except "teh roxorz" which wasnt ment to be spelled correctly.

Noblebeastx
July 28th, 2010, 11:09 PM
i think you are mistaking most of my spelling errors for punctuation and capitalization,

i dont see many spelling errors.

i tend not to capitalize on forums, sorry.

edit: favourite was the only noticable spelling error to me except "teh roxorz" which wasnt ment to be spelled correctly.

Ok,whatever i give you a week max and your ban...ima quit now due to me flaming and going off topic i can get a infraction...but i give you a week

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Was the episode where kyogre and groudon fight a movie? or just a cartoon? i cant remember. or are there more than one incounters with kyogre and groudon than just one episode?

I will admit watching the rise of darkarai was a suspencefull movie how all reality was fading away or something like that.

Usagirainbow
July 29th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I just finished re-watching 4ever and it made me realize how much I missed/loved it, it was the first pokemon movie I got to buy and it came with a Scuicune card that eventually got stolen during school (never again do I leave my cards in my backpack) but even after all these years I still cry and laugh during most of the movie, but other than that one I really enjoy heroes for the fact that Latias is a main character and the scenery and Destiny Deoxys because me and my cousins always laugh at the hot dog machine that gets dropped into the river xD

Vernikova
July 29th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Was the episode where kyogre and groudon fight a movie? or just a cartoon? i cant remember. or are there more than one incounters with kyogre and groudon than just one episode?

I will admit watching the rise of darkarai was a suspencefull movie how all reality was fading away or something like that.

That wasn't a movie but the climax for the evil team in Hoenn.

okjoek
July 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
oh ok

I dont really think you can HATE any of the movies or cartoons, but you can perfer some over others.

though i wasnt ever a fan of the cartoon where the main charicters were pokemon, i think it was canceled soon after releace because i never saw a second episode lol.

Mew~
August 9th, 2010, 02:15 AM
It's in the title! :D
Im stuck between Movie 9 (PR&TTOTS) because of how epic the movie was and movie 2 (the power of one!) because of nostalgia from how much I loved watchin it as a kid! Oh and then theres movie 3 with entei and I liked Molly :D the list is endless!
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/d/dc/Pikachu_the_Movie.png/300px-Pikachu_the_Movie.png

Scorpio219
August 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM
the newer movies seem to be pretty crappy, but i guess thats because i am older now.

my favorite was the first and second movie, best line ever was in movie 2 when it was all snowy outside and Slowking (a new character at the time) said " I need Pants" Even as a kid i lol'd so hard

Guy
August 9th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Sharing the same topic, I merged your thread on one's favorite Pokémon Movie here.

Pokémon Heroes would be my favorite movie. It had everything I pretty much look forward to - comedy, drama, a little romance, great plot, and an ending that makes you want to cry after what happens. D: Plus, after the previous movie before it, this movie came with some great graphic effects.

I must say, Pokémon really knows how to bring out the best in their water effects for an anime. n_n;

Chad -
August 9th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Pokemon: The first movie is probably my best one. Pokemon was just in the beginning and it had a very nice plot. Though obsolete graphics and audio, it will remain the best movie Pokemon had ever made, IMO. xD

GFA
August 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM
The 1st two for being epic, the 3rd for being visually pleasing, the 4th for being off the wall with the plot, Lucario and the Mystery of mew for being overall well done, and the Rise of Darkrai for being fresh.

gsherm
August 10th, 2010, 03:16 AM
my favorite is Pokemon Heroes, i watch all pokeom movies free at 10starmovies.com

Wasen
August 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I have three favorites. The first one is Pokemon 2000 which I find so epic in everything about it. The second one is the Pokemon Heroes Latios and Latias which is so sad but still so good. The last one is the one I just saw the other day, Lucario and the mystery of Mew. This movie is almost as good as Pokemon 2000 :D

Aquacorde
August 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
My favorite movie is Pokémon Heroes. I love the animation, the character interaction and the plot. It made me cry at one point. :')

I also loved Pokémon 2000 (Yay Slowking! Yay Team Rocket!) and Spell of the Unown (Hooray for Entei! And Ash acting like a big brother was cute).

Mewtwo Returns had an awesome premise as well. And was kind of frightening at times.

KnilShadowLink
August 13th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Actually I've been re watching some of the movies and I'll just say this some of the earlier ones haven't aged well...The only ones that I actually enjoy anymore are Pokemon Heroes & Pokemon 2000

I really never liked Pokemon the 3rd Movie nor Pokemon 4Ever, but I honestly remember liking the 1st one...After watching it recently though I'll admit that it did kinda suck. (Just my personal opinion)

Oh and the only other movie that I have seen is Destiny Deoxys, which was TERRIBLE, so I haven't really bothered with any of the other newer ones...

Oh and don't get too offended over this comment, these are just my opinions.

EDIT: Oh I forgot I did see Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on Cartoonetwork a couple of years ago...meh it was okay, I wouldn't pay to see it, but it wasn't that bad...

PearlShipper4Life
August 13th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Movie 7 of AG was the only bad one to some people, you gotta give movie 8 a chance that one people say is tied with Movie 2 as the best Pokemon movie. I loved it myself, good storyline and Ash aura thing was pretty cool.

jvn753
August 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Seriously? Not a lot of mentions of Pokemon 4ever(4th movie.) It had the best plot and the best plot twist ever!!!

Like it's Little Oak and Big Oak in the same timeline!!! PARADOX ANYONE?!

Kirbychu
January 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
...That's great and all, but we don't allow the revival of threads that haven't been replied to in over a month.

Closed