PDA

View Full Version : Did you scream ''Yes'' or ''No''?

Le Creep!
July 5th, 2010, 04:05 AM
While playing Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green, after beating all the trainers on Nugget Bridge and finally battling the Rocket Grunt, when he asked you if you wanted to join Team Rocket; did you scream ''YES!'' or ''Oh, HELL NAH!''

I would have said yes. It has been my ambition as a trainer to become part of the devious Team Rocket. Unfortunately they have disbanded by the doings of some little boy/girl.

celebi72
July 5th, 2010, 10:33 PM
i screamed yes and he said i couldent :(

560cool.
July 5th, 2010, 10:43 PM
I also wanted to become part of the villain's team, it seemed really awesome. But that stupid game answers for yourself ... :-(

Beechlgz
July 5th, 2010, 11:01 PM
I didn't even think about it. I was too busy tapping the "A" button in order to progress in the game.

I know it's fiction and all, but why would anyone want to support a gang of thieves, abusers and thugs with no regard for life and care for nothing but money? Even when someone supports that in fiction it kind of worries me a bit. Living out a "fantasy"... is that your fantasy?

CafekkoGira~
July 6th, 2010, 03:51 AM
No, Team Rocket SUCK
Team Aqua are way better
No, srsly... I want to join Team Aqua... ;-;

myrrhman
July 6th, 2010, 06:04 AM
OMG I always scream yes. I would love to be a member of Team Rocket or Team Aqua, because Water Pokemon are my favorites.

Le Creep!
July 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM
On that note; I would like to be with Team Galactic; as they were even more successful and prepared than Rocket, Aqua and Magma.

redsaber5859
July 6th, 2010, 09:41 PM
i would scream yes, to divert the storyline, however i would rather join magma then overthrogh the leader, get a mamoswine, since it is ground type, and sheer cold/fissure the other teams to death!

Droidz
July 7th, 2010, 06:54 PM
I said "No" of course. Team rocket are a bunch of newbs.

xPsychosocial
July 8th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I'd say yes for the fun of it. It could have been an opportunity to take them down from the inside. xD

Owl
July 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yes, but then they wouldn't let me join D:

BHwolfgang
July 8th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I once pressed on "no", and he wouldn't let me. Oh well, the player will eventually disband Team Rocket later in the game and defeat Giovanni. That's what he gets for rejecting good candidates!

flight
July 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
No, because being a part of a criminal organization to cause harm to Pokemon sort of isn't my thing.

Of course, unless you mean infiltration from the inside, then I can agree on that note. As long as I have nothing to do with harming Pokemon.

Eurydice
July 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
ever since the first time i played red everytime someone in the game mentioned joining team rocket i would yell at the game that i wanted to join. i still do but they never listen to what i say. :(

Jubilation
July 10th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I sure would join. The pokemon games are very cliche in that every game you explore a region, beat gym leaders, and then the Elite Four.

Giving a new path for the games would be very very welcomed, in my opinion at least.

And yes, I would join Team Rocket.

Uboa
July 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Hell. Friggin'. YES. IN A HEARTBEAT! <333 Team Rocket has always been my favorite, Team Gala just look like a bunch of bowlcut odd people, though I wouldn't mind Aqua or Magma in the least either. :3

But yeah, I want to see how it's like to be a bad guy in a Pokemon game. xD Would be shweet. Does that make me a bad person? ; ___;

Agent Clank
July 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM
No,I wouldn't want to join a gang of theives,that take away Peoples beloved Pokemon!

Ruin Maniac
July 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I probably would've said no, due to the fact that all of Team Rocket have absolutely pants pokemon that seem to revolve around Raticate and Golbat. I'm ok, thanks.

Nikorasu
July 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I actually raged when he said i couldn't. It's good that there are hacks though to be in team rocket.

Weavile05
July 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I would have said yes, just for a change. It would be interesting to be part of an evil team in pokemon. Don't tell me I'm a bad person, I wouldn't join a gang or anything in real life.

fcpremixer
July 11th, 2010, 03:05 PM
i would say no... PKMN ARENT SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR SELFISH GOODS. XD

Toshiro.
July 13th, 2010, 05:48 AM
I said yes for the fun of it xD
But I got rejected...
I'd join Team Rocket over Galactic, Aqua, or Magma.

Impo
July 13th, 2010, 04:34 PM
i said no, i 10 yr old boy beat them.
just bribe him with chocolate! :P ;)

Guillermo
July 13th, 2010, 10:55 PM
if i recall correctly i screamed maybe lol

how am i supposed to remember that :/

i said no, i 10 yr old boy beat them.
just bribe him with chocolate! :P ;)
excuse me? I do not understand

Slowking Bro
July 17th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I said no, because after all, how much training would they give you? I figured that after seeing the mess that Jesse and James are, I didn't want to help (This was the mind of 12 year old me, so I didn't know about much of the coding in the game and stuff). Like Le Creep! said, Team Galactic was more successful, prepared, and had a much grander scheme. I'd rather join them, despite their uncomfortable-looking outfits.

rockman0
July 19th, 2010, 03:19 PM
You know what I want to do? I want to join Team Snag'em and then blow up their base from the inside and then steal their Snag machine and use it to recapture all of the pokemon that they have hurt and make said pokemon good again. yep, that's what i would like to do.

But seriously, I really would have liked to join, even if it was brief. That said, i really enjoyed being able to dress like a rocket grunt HGSS.

Pokemon Ranger Lisa
July 19th, 2010, 05:40 PM
lol yes.
I always really wanna join Team Rocket too but the game answers for you. :(

Alli
July 19th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I thought it was pointless for them to ask, but you didn't even get to choose. I'm a goody-goody though, so I didn't wanna join.

RivalGator
July 19th, 2010, 07:17 PM
It actually made me really, really angry that I said yes and the game said that I could not. If they won't give you any real choices, then why even ask at all? I hate that.

I screamed, "HELL YEAH!" lol. I love Team Rocket. I would join Team Rocket or Team Galactic. Team Aqua and Magma are ridiculous.

N!ck
July 20th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I wanted to, just so that I could steal Pokemon and wear a cool outfit.

cipE
July 20th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Yes, because saying no was so typical I just wanted to see what the game would do if I had said it. Obviously it just made me say no eventually.

I wonder if there is a hack out there that let's me be in Team Rocket?

Giratina ♀
July 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I said no for the first three years, then yes for the rest of my life. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
July 20th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I wanted to join Team Rocket so I could overthrow Giovanni with my vastly superior Pokemon team and become the new leader. Of course, I'd then issue my grunts far tougher Pokemon so they aren't noobs anymore and can actually get things done.

As much as I like Giovanni, having your underlings use Pokemon like Rattata and Zubat is NOT going to help your cause. Neither is the fact that Gio himself likes to use uber-powerful moves like LEER and POISON STING. If I joined and rose through the ranks, I could mold TR into the fearsome organization it could be.

Amore
July 20th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I said no, because I hadn't got my Aerodactyl yet, and I hate Ekans and Rattata lines. Grimer and Koffing lines are ok, but I had my sights set on Gyarados, Aero, Charizard, Dragonite etc. and didn't have time to waste.

GrifSpark
July 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM
On that note; I would like to be with Team Galactic; as they were even more successful and prepared than Rocket, Aqua and Magma.

Maybe so, but then you'd have to have a bowler hair-cut :D

I said no to joining TeamRocket, I'm waiting for Nintendo to release a Grass/Nature based villianous team, (Which would be great for Black/White) and if I'm given the option to join them, I'd say yes. :D
Grass-Types are awesome!

To be honest, I just wanna wear the cool uniform! Overthrowing Giovanni shouldn't be too difficult, just like someone said earlier, I should be able to defeat his Pokemon who use devestating moves like Tackle and TailWhip. My Buizel is ten times more powerful than TeamRockets horrifying Zubat!

Chaos Rush
July 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Well, considering how most Grunts are given Rattatas, I would say no, unless they give me a higher position. I would say yes if they let me replace Executive Archer.

~MasterMind~
July 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
I said yes just to see what would happen. :3
even though it would be quite the plot twist.

BigBlastoise
July 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I didn't scream anything, but I turned on some rap music and started to panic the citizens. Ooooohhh yeaaaahhh!

Hatsuharu
July 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I shouted, "HELL YESH!!" the game answered on its own.. it would have been so epic to be able to steal Pokemon and the likes!

UltimaSilva
July 21st, 2010, 05:19 PM
I really hate it that the games make you say no to the offer. I would join if I could. I think that it would be really cool and fun to be part of the bad guys team, but then as people said before, how much training would you get from it? Would there be anything interesting to do?

ChrisTom
July 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
I did Yes the first time (Keep in mind, the first time I did it in Yellow I thought he was asking if I wanted the Nugget. I was 6 after all...). But from then on I did No. I tried Yes one other time.

I always thought it was funny they made it like you said no even though you say yes. If they really wanted it to make more sense they could've been like:

"Do you want to join Team Rocket?...No? Well prepare to battle!"

ShadowedSight
July 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Someone was working on a Team Rocket game hack, and it totally reminded me of that when he asked me again if I wanted to join. When I was younger, I was a hardedge good kid and denied him. Now, I kinda would like to see how they run things.

dc_united
July 21st, 2010, 08:07 PM
Nope. You fail as an evil organization when a ten year old kid completely owns your leader and demolishes your infrastructure. Then it happens again three years later.

Furthermore, who wants to only use Zubat and Ratatta? Nobody

Rather form my own 'team' and work up some actual mischief for the Pokemon world then hang with them.

biancafanboy
July 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
It would be cool if you were aloud to start your own pokemon gang.

Hatsuharu
July 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM
^ And using wi-fi, you could recruit people! That would be sweet. :)

LadySurreal
July 23rd, 2010, 10:13 PM
Team Rocket sucks, so I shout "Oh, hell naw! You trippin'?"

Hatsuharu
July 23rd, 2010, 11:24 PM
Team Rocket sucks as in success rate... but I bet with me it would be totally awesome.

Recluse
July 24th, 2010, 06:27 AM
"Lol hell naw ofc, r u crazy fool?" I hate Team Rocket.

Hatsuharu
July 24th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I hate it I guess, I just think it would be cool~!

Gulpin
July 25th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I just said no; I really just wanted to move on not jam on the a button.

nialchos
July 25th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Joining Team Rocket would have been so interesting XD THey'd probably make it harder for you though...XD

Totaldile
July 26th, 2010, 12:35 AM
And be stuck with ratattas and zubats? Forget it.

Kanto_Johto
July 31st, 2010, 07:49 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't remember him asking? I just remember him saying "You could become a top executive in Team Rocket", and then he shuts up and you continue with your journey.

When did he ask if you wanted to join?

Digimon Kaiser
July 31st, 2010, 03:00 PM
I told him to "F*** off!"

Enigma
July 31st, 2010, 03:29 PM
I didn't scream anything, rather I just thought that, 'I know the game isn't gonna let me become the enemy, so I guess I should just select 'Yes' to see what happens.'

:pink_laugh:

c3rad
August 7th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Meh, joining team rocket at that point in the game would be kinda boring. You wouldn't get to recapture Silph Co. Which is my favorite part of the game.

Now, if you could become the leader after you defeat Giovanni once and for all, then I would consider it.

Electirizer
August 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I was like Hell Yeah.
But im too young -__-. I would Steal Blue's Pokemon

shuichixryuichi
August 12th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I yelled yah. Meanie game. >_<

weavile77
August 12th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Knew game would never let me join, so i said no, knowing i would eventually crush their leader like an insect.
Would luv to head an evil organization (i actually planned it out)
Team X
Grunts use steel and dragon types
Admins use pkmn in eccentric combos (i.e. roserade w/ steelix)
Purpose: defeat all other criminal organizations (appearing as the 'good guys' in a sense), then assume global dominance.

babydollrox
August 24th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Lol I think people are taking this way too seriously - I normally try to say the 'wrong answer' at least once each time... but they don't let you move on... so you have to say no to continue the game - well gutted though! I wanted to join Team Rocket!

rockshock28
August 24th, 2010, 07:34 PM
I said yes, because being a Rocket would be awesome.

Sewzie
August 25th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I screamed, "Yes!"
But yes, unfortunately, the game decides for you.
It would've been cool had Nintendo really given you the option, though. :(

Red Mustang
August 26th, 2010, 08:14 AM
NO! I've never wanted to join any evil team, lol.

Peaceloveglalie
August 29th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Team Rocket would be pretty cool by itself. Now, if you could train decent Pokemon while you were on Rocket, it would be even better XD

austy14
August 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I really wanted to. I mean, it's a total change from the normal... even if you could temporarily be TR. (I loved how in HG/SS you could dress up as TR. I stayed like that for a week before I decided it was time to progress.)

PlatinumDude
August 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I don't remember, but I think I said no to the offer, because I know that Team Rocket is a bad organization.

Slumber
August 30th, 2010, 03:24 AM
I said No. I'm not really interested to join. I don't really like Team Rocket.

gregory_turner420
November 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
i said yes but got rejected

RobotUnicorn
November 1st, 2010, 05:33 PM
I said OMG LIKE YES!!!!11!!!1!!111!!!!! I always wanted to be one of the bad guys. But he said i couldn't..... That made me sad.

angel
November 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM
Yes! I wanted to do it. I was so mad when they made us say no. Team Rocket is my favorite bad guy team in all the seasons I mean who doesn't like a talking Meowth? His story of how he started talking human made me cry.

Skylands
November 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I picked the yes option, hoping to get a different storyline as far as the villians go.

6772_pokemonbreeder_2776
November 4th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I said yes! haha I always wanted to be part of team rocket!:)

Giratina ♀
November 4th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well, naturally. Who wouldn't want to play the game as part of Team Rocket?

Edd84
November 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
If it was an actual option, it could play out to be really cool. Although most likely repetitive haha

Lil'QD
November 6th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Im a 10 year old grown men and women butt i deserve better

dragon0fangz
November 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
No, because i dont wanna join an evil team, I'd rather BE an evil team. *rimshot*

Captain Hobo.
November 7th, 2010, 08:44 AM
I yelled no.

I hate Team Rocket they make me made.

Mortalis
November 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I said yes, but I like how he first asks you if you want to join then he denies it, even when you've answered "Yes."

Maybe he's schizophrenic. "The voices in my head tell me that you don't want to join. HAHAHAHAHA. derp."

The 100 Mega Shock
November 7th, 2010, 10:37 AM
this was me irl
P3ALwKeSEYs

PKMN Dusto
November 8th, 2010, 10:49 PM
I also said YES! But I don't think he heard me.

Forever
November 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Nope. Team Rocket are evil and I'm a good character? :D
...even if the game did have the option to become one, I'd still pick no.

Haberdasher
November 15th, 2010, 03:33 PM
I'd want to join, just because it'd be interesting seeing the games take a different path. I don't agree with Team Rocket's philosophy (though I do think they're more interesting than Magma/Aqua), but it'd just be cool to know what goes on behind the scenes there.

aguinn99
November 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM
No, because being a part of a criminal organization to cause harm to Pokemon sort of isn't my thing.

Of course, unless you mean infiltration from the inside, then I can agree on that note. As long as I have nothing to do with harming Pokemon.
I gotta agree with you.all the teams clothes look geeky, and you can pwn any team easy.
why be part of a lowlife organization like them?

U.Flame
November 16th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Too bad you can't join them. But in Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians, there is a choice where you can choose to join the evil team. But that can't happen in the official games because you HAVE to be the good guy.

Shiny Gardevoir
November 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'd answer no way and beat him up just as how the game did. Yeah, that's my thought when I was a child... Till now...

Nash Bandicoot
December 7th, 2010, 02:08 AM
HELL YES! that would be awesome. I still cant believe they turned me down. But now i'd ditch em' for Plasma and move to New York.

BenjiTheKid
December 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I always say no. Then again, I've never been a fan of Team Rocket. The way they treat Pokemon is mean. :(

BLK
December 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM
i picked yes, knowing that i was strong enough to eventually take everything over

Shovel
December 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I have always wondered what it would be like if you actually had the option to say yes and join Team Rocket. It would be an entirely different path to take in the game. I would say NO the first time...then play again and say YES! Do you know how successful they would be with your help? You could take over the POKEWORLD! XD

WildGamerAppeared
December 11th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I said yes. Only because I knew it wouldn't make a difference.

Sert908
January 15th, 2011, 12:20 PM
All the evil teams are sooo annoying with the Zubats and what not. >_>

Purple Materia
January 15th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I just chuckled at the inclusion of it. I didn't really care either way.

Alli
January 18th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Sounds like you said yes to reviving month old threads. Just say no!

Locked.