PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Boss?

Gymnotide
July 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM
ITT: Discuss who's the hardest boss in gaming.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY'S PRIMEVIL

90000 Life (attacks do around 1k each on average). He has elemental attacks that one-shot everyone on your team no matter how good your gear is and the only way to resist it is to predict what attack he will use with your tank character and use the appropriate Anticold, Antivolt, or Antifire spell (to negate the damage and absorb it). Later on, he gains "binding" spells which, if it lands on your tank or your medic, it's probably game over, since you won't be able to cast protective spells anymore. Then, if that weren't enough, when he reaches around 10% life, he will cast a spell called "Necrosis" which will instantly kill all your party members no matter what. FML

Jak
July 9th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Not a boss per se, but I had trouble fighting Demyx in Kingdom Hearts II. Umm...second fight in Hollow Bastion took 16 tries. Then I figured out you could change your keyblade...thanks, Monochrome!

And the final boss in Mother 3.

It's not like he was hard, it was just hard fighting him because of who it is. I mean, I was crying and everything. Lucas couldn't even attack. Literally. It would just say "For some reason...Lucas couldn't attack." So the Masked Man would just wail on him. Your only option is to recover and to guard. You can't revive your teammates, either. He'll just kill'em. But yeah, hard in terms of just plain heartbreaking and unbearable. Unless you have no soul, then this is probably a laughable fight...unless you take mortal damage and have no PP for Lifeup spells.

And, another "not boss", but I died a million times on the mini-boss in Twilight Princess when you're in the Goron Mines. It's not even hard. So...I'm just stupid. I kept running around the area like a dumbass and putting the iron boots on at the wrong time, and I couldn't throw the Goron into the lava because I was too close to the middle.

vibratingcat
July 10th, 2010, 02:03 AM
hmm thats a hard one...
the crab from castlevania order of ecclesia is pretty hard. took me about an hour and a half to beat, maybe 2.
i was playing street fighter before and was getting really frustated at trying to beat seth. although i found it hard, it doesnt mean much considering i suck at the game so much. XD

Fox♠
July 10th, 2010, 02:22 AM
The Boss (no pun intended, that's the characters codename) in MGS3 just because it breaks into a cutscene when you win where it gets all emotional, then instead of letting the cutscene shoot her, you have to press square :(

Vulpes bicaudata
July 10th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't say it's the hardest, but the Big Boo in Luigi's Mansion is pretty tough.

Agent Clank
July 10th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Weapon XI - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
now he was very difficult.
First he would just fight me hand to hand (well sword to claws) and then he started shooting Cyclop's eyebeams at me! and thats what was hard,cause he would destroy the ground underneath of me and make me fall,and Die!
well I know there is probably more that I can think of,I can't remeber them at the moment.

x Necromorph x
July 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Hmm, not really that hard, but the Jack-In-The-Box in Donkey Kong 64. My fav boss also.

thedestinedblade
July 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Lucifer from SMT III: Nocturne was pretty difficult. If I remember correctly the battle took over an hour.

Riku
July 10th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I tried it once at my friend's... Lingering Sentiment in KHII:FM+. That boss was evil. My friend had his characters maxed out, and I still died not even a minute or so into the fight.

Another boss is Minerva in Crisis Core. I don't even wanna think about that one. It's scary. 90 mil HP, if memory serves, and your weapons can only do a max of 9999 unless you have a specific sphere equipped. Her attacks are so powerful that pretty much any of them can one shot you if you aren't careful, and she has an attack that's more annoying than Sephiroth's Heartless Angel attack.

(If you guys can't tell, I'm an SE fanboy)

Nuke
July 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
How is that possible, OP, how do you beat it at all?

Not a boss exactly but in GRID (Racing game), I could never beat the Ravenwest team, they always were faster and if you somehow got ahead with pure skill then you couldn't hold them up as they're aggressive tactics came in and they knocked you out the way.

Gymnotide
July 10th, 2010, 04:03 PM
How is that possible, OP, how do you beat it at all?

Not a boss exactly but in GRID (Racing game), I could never beat the Ravenwest team, they always were faster and if you somehow got ahead with pure skill then you couldn't hold them up as they're aggressive tactics came in and they knocked you out the way.

Gotta give everyone items that resist Binding and OHKO and then HOPE, really, really HOPE that everything goes well. He's super weak to attacks so he'll take a lot of damage no matter what attack you use, but his sheer amount of HP and the fact that you can't use buffs or debuffs makes it a battle of just luck :(

kasabian_
July 10th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Mine, unfortunatly, was Baby Bowser with his hammer-thingy.
He had 'enemy-detecting' Bullet Bills, and massive hands that would be breat for flattening stuff like me and Yoshi into Pancake batter. D:

Vulpes bicaudata
July 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Well, I have one that everyone else thought was really hard, though it's not exactly a boss. When you spar with the old man on Outset Island in Wind Waker, the goal is to hit him 999 times before he hits you three times. Everyone complained about how hard it is... I got it on my first try.

Åzurε
July 10th, 2010, 07:20 PM
From personal experience, SMT: Devil Survivor's Lucifer and Disgaea's Prinny Baal really really suck. I never have beaten them legitimately.

For reference, Prinny Baal has roughly 13 million HP. Literally. the grinding alone could stretch on for months.
Anything Atlus touches is crazy tough, I suppose.

EmeraldSerenade
July 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Cackletta's final form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga!

Her attack's were so irritating to dodge, and she would always murder me -__- It took me several tries to beat her...

Her attacks would change out of no where, and I would be mashing buttons on my GBAsp like crazy..

Alistair
July 10th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Professor K in the Lost Odyssey DLC is insanely hard for my level 80+ party. I still haven't beat him yet, and I'm working on getting everyone in my party to level 95 at least.

Gymnotide
July 11th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Well, I have one that everyone else thought was really hard, though it's not exactly a boss. When you spar with the old man on Outset Island in Wind Waker, the goal is to hit him 999 times before he hits you three times. Everyone complained about how hard it is... I got it on my first try.

Ahhh give me my heart container :(

Her attack's were so irritating to dodge, and she would always murder me -__- It took me several tries to beat her...

Her attacks would change out of no where, and I would be mashing buttons on my GBAsp like crazy..

Oh! I remember that boss~
I loved that game, but I haven't played it much since my first run-through. The battle wasn't so hard imho, but it took me a few tries to master her attacks :)

Vulpes bicaudata
July 11th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ahhh give me my heart container :(
If I remember correctly, you don't get a piece of heart for 999 hits; you get it for only 500. If you get 999, I think you get a high-value rupee. That kind of annoyed me, as I would rather have had a piece of heart.

mooglehunter
July 11th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Sephiroth in KHII was incredibly hard his 1st attack left you with 1hp

AtomicoExploda
July 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM
It would be really hard to choose one since there are lots of hard boss fights.

One that I found hard was fighting Belias in Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions. He was much stronger than me at that point in the game, and he also had those monster with him that were really annoying. It took me a while to beat him.

Other bosses that I found hard would be Zodiark from Final Fantasy XII, he was just really powerful, too bad he's not as good when you can use him, the Ultima Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII, maybe the strongest Ultima Weapon in the Final Fantasy series, and Vargas from Final Fantasy VI, when you get to him you just have to train a good bit. There's also Tyrant from Breath of Fire IV, the Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII, Penance from Final Fantasy X, Dark Yojimbo from Final Fantasy X, and there's a lot more hard bosses, I don't think I would be able to pick the hardest.

Xephyr
July 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Sephiroth from the first Kingdom Hearts...the battle against him in KH2 was laughable.

A couple of battles from Final Fantasy 13...I'd say particularly the second battle against the Proudclad. I only lost to it once, but when I did win, it took an hour easily, and I had to switch to a Med/Med/Med paradigm SO MANY times. The Aster Protofloran thing where you only had Light and Hope was pretty vicious too.

Another one is the Ethereal Queen in the game Radiata Stories for the PS2 (amazing game btw, check it out). Yeah...she...it was just...no.

Gymnotide
July 12th, 2010, 07:35 AM
If I remember correctly, you don't get a piece of heart for 999 hits; you get it for only 500. If you get 999, I think you get a high-value rupee. That kind of annoyed me, as I would rather have had a piece of heart.

Never fought him on Wind Waker... Only on Phantom Hourglass, and then a similar fight in Spirit Tracks (where there's three guys fighting you at the same time). I'd imagine it's markedly easier. Plus, you get a heart container much, much earlier. I don't think it's possible to get 999 hits in the 2nd game because there's three guys fighting you and once you get to a high enough number, they begin coordinating their attacks in a chain so you end up never getting hits in @@

A Pixy
July 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM

Thank you for bringing back horrible memories.

Excuse me while I go find a corner to sulk in.

twocows
July 14th, 2010, 09:54 PM
There was an optional boss in FF12 that I heard takes all day to kill due to how much HP he has.

The toughest boss I've personally experienced, though, is Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Gymnotide
July 14th, 2010, 10:14 PM
There was an optional boss in FF12 that I heard takes all day to kill due to how much HP he has.

The toughest boss I've personally experienced, though, is Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.

Dullahan was actually pretty easy for me.

I was a bit too stupid to read or explore near the Serpent so I died to him a couple of times, before I found the dancing idol thing. Then, Doom Dragon was a bit hard for me the first time I played through it (I was severely underleveled and my gear was horrid).

Star Magician or whatever was hard as well since I was underleveled. There was no way for me to out-DPS the healing summons so I decided to leave only shielding summons up. All my attacks did 1 HP damage and it took a... Very long time.

FinalMaster
July 14th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Hah, easy question. Elder Princess Shroob. Only boss in any game ever where I sat up and went. "Woah, crap, I really have to level grind for this!"

... WHY MUST THERE BE SO MANY TENTACLES WHIPPING ME!? NO, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY WIPEOU- *Dies*

Wings Don't Cry
July 14th, 2010, 10:57 PM

They nerfed his HP to 1mil in the US version, however they gave him a bigger and more dangerous arsenal so he's just as hard.

Dullahan is insanely hard, he was the only boss I had trouble with along with the Serpent since I didn't know about the doll. I could only beat Dullahan due to pure luck along with a guide.

Cherrim
July 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
The only bosses I've ever had trouble with are Kingdom Hearts bosses... since in almost every other game I play, it's so turn based that it doesn't matter if you have the reflexes or skills to do it--just grind until you can beat the boss. Otherwise, I tend to play other games (...FPSes and the like) on easy or something, so bosses aren't too much trouble. u_u;;

But KH is an action game and the FMs especially rely on quick thinking, good strategy, and great reflexes. :( It took me two years to beat Lingering Sentiment in FM+ (until I used a really, really cheap strategy but OH WELL). And I never did manage to beat Larxene in the Chamber of Remembrance (or whatever it's called)... a friend did that. (We split up the Org members and each became good at fighting those ones instead of attempting them all by ourselves. XD) And those fights were when I hit the level cap and had been farming HP/Strength/Magic Ups! D:

(And I guess Riku in KH gets bonus points for being my least favourite boss fight ever. D:)

インフェルノの津波
July 15th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Crimson Dragon in Black Ace, Megaman Starforce 3. I could only beat him with Black Ace...

Izanagi
July 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. The original. The Sephiroth of KHII was cakewalk for me.

Kingdom Hearts bosses have always sort of came easily to me. At least recently, since I've been practicing for years. The Riku fight at Hallow Bastion in the first game is one of my favorite boss fights, haha.

PikiMarioSonic
July 15th, 2010, 05:06 PM
The most hardest one:Sonic Pinball Party.Beat Eggman with over 30,000,000 points in 5 min.It is hard that hacking is what you'll need to do...

Eternal Nightmare
July 15th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Oh god I could not stand fighting her either :<.

Hmm, not really that hard, but the Jack-In-The-Box in Donkey Kong 64. My fav boss also.

I loved that boss as well :D

For me

Egg Saucer[Sonic Advance 2]- that hand....that damn hand. Even if you have rings that hand can knock you out instantly. Plus the target you have to hit it so well guarded that timing has to be completly perfect or that hand can instantly kill you.

Other than that I can't think of a boss that I had a completly hard time on as I perform unusually well in boss fights more than half of the time. I will edit if some more come to mind though.

Akeraz
July 15th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Well.
I don't know how many people have actually played this game, but the final boss of Zone of the Enders 2, Anubis, was a real pain for me to beat.
And I wasn't even playing the game on hard mode.

A couple of years ago I would have said Sephiroth from KH2, but after picking up FM+, I find KH bosses laughable.

AtomicoExploda
July 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM

It's name is Yiazmat and yeah, it's HP is huge, what makes it worse is that it can refill it by large amounts.

redsaber5859
July 15th, 2010, 08:57 PM
on the dsi's flipnote studio, the user BOSS has two flip games, and the first boss is almost impossible!

Alternative
July 16th, 2010, 03:07 AM
I have to agree with some people who have said Demyx from KH2. I'm assuming that's the weirdo from Organization XIII with the mullet and sitar right? I found him in Hollow Bastion hard.
In KH1, I always found Cerberus hard, since I could never find a way to beat him.

But right now, I find Grunty from Banjo Kazooie hard, expecially considering I haven't doubled my health yet, and her aim is somewhat amazing, plus the fact you should have a few golden feathers on you at all times.

Digimon Kaiser
July 18th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I heard that Galacticmon in Digimon World 3 was hard somewhat, but some parts of him were easy.

-Jared-
July 18th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I would have to say, from Final Fantasy V:

Neo Exdeath. Before I found out about the RapidFire/SpellBlade/DualWield technique, I could NOT beat him. I tried at least a dozen times before I gave up and started a new game. The I got there again, and this time I had the combo above, and wailed on him. XD That combo and the DualCast/Summon?Gold Hairpin combo. XD

Shanghai Alice
July 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
SturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturm.

That guy is broken beyond repair.

Kam the Narwhal
July 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM
The Wily Capsule from Megaman 7.

Let's see exactly why, shall we?

- The thing takes all of one damage from even a fully charged buter shot.
- His weakness is the Wild Coil, which is easily the most difficult to aim weapon in the Megaman series.
- His attacks are all hard to dodge and do loads of damage.
- He has the ability to freeze you in place if you screw up dodging one of his attacks, making you a sitting duck when it comes to dodging his most damaging moves.
- He appears and disappears at will and usually spawns in the most inconvenient locations.
-You'll probably be running low on E-Tanks after the gauntlet before it.

tl;dr: Megaman 7 Wily is haaaaard

Ray Maverick
July 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
1. Tabuu from Super Smash Brawl, in the max difficulty. Wing move and you're done for even if you don't have any damage at all. (though you can avoid it)

2. Sephiroth from KH2. But he was laughably easy after I trained like crazy in the Castle that Never Was.

3. Nefarious from Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time. I lost up to 15 times..

cesa
July 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Either Shadow Queen in paper mario or Final Xemnas in KH II

Zeta Patchouli
July 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Kratos Aurion (Round 2): Tales of Symphonia.

While not the toughest boss in the game, Kratos during the first few fights is tough. He'll dismantle you if you're not careful, and he'll do it without batting an eyelash, I beat him on the first try, yes, but my stocks of items which were full, were all gone, and my party was in crap condition.

Primal Dialga (PMD2)

Yes, he isn't that hard, but think of it this way, I fought him with barely any healing items, and slightly underlevelled, with pokemon who aren't exactly the best to fight him with, praying that he didn't use Roar of Time, which would OHKO my main character.

Esmas
July 19th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I haven't fought a hard boss in ages. The last I can remember was the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, took me several hundred tries xD, but that was when I was around 8, so yeah ;3

Oh yeah, and Neo Exdeath from Final Fantasy V Advance :c And in Digimon World Dusk, those Gaia Origin guys xD;

Kid Coma
July 20th, 2010, 01:14 AM
The final bosses of Contra III. It took many sleepless nights for me to finally beat those bastards.

Good times...

Wings Don't Cry
July 20th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Why is everyone saying Neo Exdeath from Final Fantasy V when you get to fight Shinryu and Omega right before them. Omega is the real boss where you need Spell blade, Rapid Fire and Dual Wield. Of course there's Omega MKII and Neo Shinryu who are on such a level that I don't even see how you can beat the latter.

I also don't see why people think Kingdom Hearts Bosses are the hardest, it's like you've never played 2-d Megaman game, especially Megaman and Bass where one of the mini-bosses is so hard that you have to shoot at its centre while constantly jumping from platform to platform and dodging all these flying drills and if you slow behind or fall off you die.

Also to make matters worst the mini-boss shoots missiles at you and sometimes he shoots a special one and if you accidentally hit it the whole screen goes white and you're blinded for a few seconds giving you ample time to fall off and die. Of course if you don't shoot it it'll knock you off the platform and you'll fall to your doom.

Ninja Caterpie
July 20th, 2010, 01:43 AM
With only the pins you get through playing the game, most only half-evolved, I found it really hard to beat Konishi Noise Form (with Joshua) in TWEWY. Otherwise, it was an easy game, but I just couldn't beat that last boss until I Mingled with my friend and bought a pro pin. :D

Professor W.
July 21st, 2010, 04:57 PM
I haven't played a super large amount of games, but the final boss of Super Mario World was hard for me. (Course, it WAS a while ago when I played it...). Lava Pirahna in PM was also pretty hard too. (Haven't gone beyond that point though, haven't played my PM VC game in a while).

~Prof. W.

Naruto Uzumaki
July 21st, 2010, 05:03 PM
I don't really own that many video games, but I'd have to say the boss in SSBB xD

TheAppleFreak
July 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
I dare you to try to beat Mother Brain in Super Metroid before getting the Hyper Beam from the baby Metroid. I double dog dare you. It's impossible. Prepare to die to her Eye Beams.

XxRogueTrainerxX
July 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
The battle against the goddess Ashera in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I kept wondering why she was reincarnating herself when her HP was reduced to zero, but after about seven tries, I realized that Ike had to deliver the final blow. I should probably start paying attention to the dialogue. xD

Brachioraidos in Final Fantasy IV was pretty challenging, too.

shininglatios217
July 22nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
Those were the hardest bosses for me in this order:

Ozma (Final Fantasy IX)
Necron (Final Fantasy IX)
Dialga (Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Explorers of Time)
Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door)
Rayquaza (Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team)
Red's Final Boss (SaGa Frontier)
Spriggan (SaGa Frontier)
Darkrai (Pokémon Ranger Shadows of Almia)
Entei (Pokémon Ranger)
Tabuu (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

TheBigMan0706
July 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
The hardest bosses IMO are:

1. Master of Nu'un (Dragon Quest IX)
2. The DreadMaster (Dragon Quest IX)
3. Flaming Yawn (Earthworm Jim 2)
4. Lord Woo Fak Fak (Banjo Tooie)
5. Gym Leader Sabrina (Pokemon HeartGold)

Raichupacabra
July 25th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I'm not saying he is the toughest boss, but hes pretty tough.
Tabuu from SSBB was pretty tough, if you put him on hard.
But once u dodge his wingbeams ur done.

Went
July 25th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Dullahan from Golden Sun 2 was horribly hard even in Easy Mode (meaning, keeping the team levels from a previous save file). Battling him in Hard Mode must be the most similar thing to hell.

PkMnTrainer Yellow
July 25th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Every boss in Final Fantasy 8 ever.

Why make leveling bad? WHY?!

I'm not saying he is the toughest boss, but hes pretty tough.
Tabuu from SSBB was pretty tough, if you put him on hard.
But once u dodge his wingbeams ur done.

Hah! Try intense where 80% of his attacks one hit KO any character in the game. Totally got my Tabuu trophy on intense.

TheBigMan0706
July 25th, 2010, 08:12 AM

Hah! Try intense where 80% of his attacks one hit KO any character in the game. Totally got my Tabuu trophy on intense.

I have trouble with him on Very Hard

Epsikon Sato
July 26th, 2010, 09:14 AM
To me, Tabuu in Brawl (on intense) starts out like an unbeatable boss, although once I learned to anticipate his attacks and dodge them, he became pretty easy. Another hard boss is the mid-boss in the Goron Mines in Twilight Princess. Lastly, the first time you fight Specter in Ape Escape would have to be the hardest boss in my opinion.

TheBigMan0706
July 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
update:

Major Mucus from Earthworm Jim HD is hard as hell >_<

Jak
July 29th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Primal Dialga from PMD2 is a pain in the ass as well, especially when you consider that you're only playing as two little Pokemon. And in Sky, I'm Eevee and Riolu. Yeah, that's a fight I'm looking forward to. -_- But in Darkness, it took me FOREVER to beat this thing. I went in around level 35 and by the time I beat him, I was at 45, both Cyndaquil and Totodile.

Also, I remember running around like a goofball against Ganon in Ocarina of Time. I was like "Ahhhhhh I gotta go through his legs!!!" Thank God for Blue Potions and the Biggoron Sword.

Narcissus Secret
July 29th, 2010, 10:59 PM
I never did beat Final Fantasy X's boss Sin, at least I think that is who I got stuck on.

Wings Don't Cry
July 29th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Really? I kinda found FF8 to be the easiest of them all, I guess it would be hard if you didn't summon any GFs or you didn't have boost but because of boost you were hitting the damage cap in the first disc.

Arma
July 30th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Let's see...
There's Dullahan from golden sun 2
Sturm from the first advance wars ( he was dead easy in the second one)
Tabuu.
Chairman Drek from the first ratchet & clank, most difficult boss in the entire series
Cackletta from Mario & Luigi superstar saga.
Etrian oddesey.. not just the final boss, this entire game is extremely difficult.
That's all for now I guess

AuraGaurdian
July 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Tabuus extremely difficult on intense mode in ssbb but primal dialga goes down like a little puppy with 2 broken legs as long as your lead pokemon knows dig but for me its probably bosses that are from horror games mostly because I spend too much time running like hell so that they dont devour me in some gross way that will make me have nightmares that night and hurl whenever I hear its name for example the saw game:pighead=CREEPY!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!

sirboulevard
July 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Let's see

1. The Boost Guardian (Metroid Prime 2) Dear god, you ahve maybe 3 Energy tanks at this point and your stuck in a room on Dark Aether with out a safe zone. Effectively, your losing HP constantly and the boss your facing can bounce around the room making it hard as hell to hit him.

2. Defeating Lavos in the Ocean Palace [not Dark Omen] (Chrono Trigger) This battle is meant to be night impossible. Still did it though... at level ** with a ton of Megalixrs and revives.

3. Culex (Super Mario RPG) Honestly, took me several years to beat this guy, but I did it.

TheBigMan0706
August 11th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Let's see

1. The Boost Guardian (Metroid Prime 2) Dear god, you ahve maybe 3 Energy tanks at this point and your stuck in a room on Dark Aether with out a safe zone. Effectively, your losing HP constantly and the boss your facing can bounce around the room making it hard as hell to hit him.

2. Defeating Lavos in the Ocean Palace [not Dark Omen] (Chrono Trigger) This battle is meant to be night impossible. Still did it though... at level ** with a ton of Megalixrs and revives.

3. Culex (Super Mario RPG) Honestly, took me several years to beat this guy, but I did it.

Culex was easy! I beat him on the first try!

CptnSmonge
August 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I've heard Dullhan mentioned at least twice from GS 2, I want to not only agree but also add Valukar (I think) to the list. He is nowhere near as ungodly, but that Djinn setting and Summon stealing demon made for a challenging fight. Additionally from the first Golden Sun, there was Deadbeard on Crossbone Isle which for being the first game was insanely difficult without extreme grinding to levels you would normally complete the second game with.

Kirozane
August 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM
One of the hardest bosses I ever fought was a side boss. Erde Kaiser Sigma from Xenosaga III.
The thing was ridiculously overpowered... and would boost and wipe you out right as you got on a good roll.

Though once I discovered using the other Erde Kaiser against him works wonders...

One that wasn't HARD but was a good fake-out boss was Omega Id from the same game.
You beat his previous form... He turns red and more epic looking... and has 999999 health. Now that in itself makes you think "Ah.... son of a hobo monkey." But you are in ES and he has an easy to read pattern. The battle wasn't so much hard as it was lengthy....

vibratingcat
August 12th, 2010, 02:06 AM
not hard, but i've recently i've been really pissed off by azazel in tekken 6.
If you want to get all the characters endings, you have to vs him so many times. Plus he doesn't play by the rules, he can block while he is doing an attack.

Noka
August 12th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Living Ice from Lost Odyssey. If you didn't bother to train certain people, such as Ming or Mack, then this fight was incredibly difficult. Let me tell you the situation.

You have four party members; that's great. The downside is that they're all mages, save for Mack who I didn't use AT all until this fight.

You can't go back and level up or train them or anything; you have to progress forward, so it's possible to get stuck at this boss. Also, two of the party members you use in this battle you get RIGHT before the battle starts; as soon as you get them, the battle with the boss starts.

Also, the boss has an auto-reflect ability that reflects all magic cast on him; it's random on whether he uses it or not, but still, it makes the fight even more difficult.

Finally, it uses All-Aquara, which is basically the equivalent of casting a Blizarra on the entire party.

The only real strategy is to ram away at him with Mack, the non-mage; like I said though, I didn't touch him for most of the game until this point, where I had to use him, so I was forced to use regular old items to take the boss out.

TRIFORCE89
August 12th, 2010, 04:42 AM
She's not that hard. But, since the first time I played the game when I was....11 or 12? Till this very day, Gruntilda in Banjo-Kazooie always manages to give me a whooping.

.Wolfie-kun.
August 12th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Sephiroth in KH2 - Yes... I STILL haven't beaten him yet - Damn Heartless Angel >.>

Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy VII was bad if you didn't know what you were doing (Final Attack/Phoenix Materia = Godsend)

As of typing this, I've yet to beat Emerald Weapon, I remember fighting him once and getting beaten almost straight away. So Imma going to level up a lot more before I even think of taking him on.

(Yes, also a SE fanboy >.>)

Shanghai Alice
August 12th, 2010, 05:09 AM
From the videos I've seen (I'm... really bad at the series -_-), Yukari Yakumo from Perfect Cherry Blossom (Touhou 7)'s Phantasm Stage is pretty far up on the list of incredibly difficult boss fights.

The entire stage revolves around making you want to just end it then and there.

And...

Yukari's not known as the strongest youkai for nothing.

And the lasers... Static objects are responsible for more deaths than the bullets, I'm sure!

sharpy1
August 12th, 2010, 11:54 AM
No More Heroes 2 - Batt Jr.'s second form in Bitter mode. Been trying it for months to no avail. Bloody warp-punches. >.<

Polizard
August 12th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Yunalesca In FFX she was a Bit*h lol and umm Hammer man in Resident evil 5 the first time he is more just a pain. And probably Spehroith in KH1 not 2 in 2 he was easy

curiousnathan
September 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM
What were the 5 most toughest bosses that you have ever played? Was it Bowser, or Neo Cortex? Which bosses left you tearing you hair out and pulling your skin?

KoboraX
September 7th, 2010, 01:49 AM
1. Tabuu - SSBB
2. Cackletta (Final boss)
3. Bowser - Mario Party 7
4. Dark Bowser & Dark Star Core
5. Bowser - SMG2

SIN1488
September 7th, 2010, 02:12 AM
They aren't in any particular order, but...

1. This, from Bomberman 64:
http://speeddemosarchive.com/gfx/pic.pl?Bomberman64
It was really difficult as a kid because I couldn't figure out that you had to damage the arms. I actually quit playing the game for a while because of that boss. >_<

Though thinking about it makes me want to play the game again. :P

2. That stupid pumpkin boss thing in KH: 258/2 days. This:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091013053620/kingdomhearts/images/thumb/8/8b/Leechgrave.png/120px-Leechgrave.png
I hate you Leechgrave..... HATE YOU!!!!!! >_<

3. The final time you face Bass in Megaman Battle Network 3. He was annoying because he has that darn aura that you have to do 200 damage to to take it off, and then the rest of the fight was probably a pain too. He's shown here:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_IufP4SYmV0/0.jpg

4. Sephiroth, for reasons stated at bottom of my post. Y'all know what he looks like. >_<

5. The last boss (Or bosses, more like), from The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages. I remember beating one of the games, doing that transfer thing to the other game, and the last boss there was ridiculous. I think it's because it was made partly by Capcom, so the boss of course had many forms and was a pain. I don't think I ever did beat it...... >_<

i don't think I can find a picture of those ones. I think the most frustrating out of those was the Bass one, as I think I only had one chip that did 200 damage, and I didn't know how to combo very well.

Also:
1. Tabuu - SSBB

After looking up what he looks like, I must say he looks a lot like Tron, lol.

>Sephiroth

Holy crap, how could i forget that guy. >_<

I never did beat him in KH1, and he was a pain in KHII, but at least I eventually beat him in that one. *Edits original 5*

PlatinumDude
September 7th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Those would be:
-The Rahkshi from Bionicle Heroes
-The Piraka/Vezon from above game
-Berserker Lord from Metroid Prime 3 (first time around)
-Mummipokey from Super Mario Bros (DS; first time)
-Mimi and Dimentio from Super Paper Mario Wii

Akeraz
September 7th, 2010, 03:57 AM
In no particular order;-
- Anubis Final Battle (Zone of the Enders - The 2nd Runner)
For anyone who's played this game, they'll know this guy is a pain in the ass. He resists your attacks really well, while his own attacks are EXTREMELY devastating. I remember spending FOUR HOURS trying to beat this boss the first time I played this game.
- Omega Pirate (Metroid Prime)
Omega Pirate is just horrible. The concept is simple but he's incredibly hard to beat.
- Demyx Data (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix)
It's not the actual fight itself that makes this hard, but the Water Forms. Even though I know the correct strategy for taking them out, I still find this fight incredibly hard.
- Xemnas Datas (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix)
This one is hard because you have to go through Both of Xemnas' forms in one sitting, which is why I consider this the hardest data fight in KH2.
- Neochu w/o cheap Death tactic (Final Fantasy XIII)
Probably the hardest boss in FFXIII. There is a cheap death tactic you can use to beat this guy really quickly, but without it, he's a real pain to beat.

Sora
September 7th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Abyssion - Tales of Symphonia:
I have to admit, he's pretty fun to try to beat, but it's not very often that is actually does happen, and it's usually after a lot of Life Bottles and a half-hour of trying to smack him around. That or cheating and using Colette and her Pow Hammer, hoping to poison him and when it does, just wait and then do the final kill.

Nebilim - Tales of the Abyss:
She's just ridiculous, okay. I tried to fight her on Very Hard for the lulz, and we all died within the first few second with her Mystic Cage and final hits. I don't think I'm ever getting that costume for Luke unless I have x10 Experience with me and they're on level 255.

Dragons at Dragon Nest - Tales of Symphonia:
I had to bring the difficultly down to 'Normal' in order to defeat them on my 1/2 EXP on hard challenge. Why? Because they're so freakin' difficult, and annoying. And there are two of 'em, with one of 'em wandering 'round. :(

... I can prolly of two more, but I have to go to class, so I'll edit this later.

Agent Clank
September 7th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Dark Star Core - Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
This thing was very very difficult!
I battled it for about 1 month and took a break and then I came back and beat it like 2 months later.

Weapon XI - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
He was very difficult also,it took me a lot of tries to beat this guy -.-
But I was so relieved when I took him down!

Ryu - Street Fighter Alpha 2
This is from M.Bison's story and he is probably the most difficult boss that I have fought in a long time,He won't quit doing Hadoken every 5 seconds! I have not beat him yet T_T

I'll probably think of some more but almost every boss in Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is hard!

AuraAshley1990
September 7th, 2010, 04:13 PM
my toughest bosses are:

1. emerald weapon <final fantasy 7>
2. jedi apprentence <soul caliber 4>
3. cyrus <pokemon platinum>
4. chronomon holy mode <digimon world dawn/dusk digimon world DS>
5. Red <pokemon HG/SS>

theres no perticular order there

bayonetta.
September 9th, 2010, 01:21 AM
>Touhou bosses
>Ultimecia
>Sephiroth
>Leechgrave
>Medusa

>from Touhou...s, FFVIII, KH1/2, KH358/2 Days and FFIII

>hay look acronyms

UmbreonUniverse
September 9th, 2010, 01:53 PM
>Red <Pokemon G/S/C
>Biolizard <Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
>Necron <Final Fantasy 9
>Tabuu On Extreme <Super Smash Bros. Brawl
>Abyssion <Tales of Symphonia

Shanghai Alice
October 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
SturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturmSturm.

That guy is broken beyond repair.
I can beat that with three names.

1. Lavos. If you wet yourself upon reading that name, then don't be ashamed. Many, many, many people fell to Lavos, fewer rose up and persevered, and fewer overcame this world-crushing monstrosity. In three phases, Lavos is perhaps one of the most epic bosses in video gaming. Ever.

2. Kefka. ...need I say more?

3. SKEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTHHHHHH. ADSKAFL:SHGKSLDFASD. Rargh. Skeith angered my beyond compare when I first fought him. It's a tough fight, but it's really worth it when you beat him. ^^ (.hack INFECTION)

jujuju
October 7th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Top guy from Digimon Rumble Arena and top racer guy on crash team racing (Can't remember either of their names). Both for PS1. Impossible. Simply, Impossible

A Pixy
October 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Thinking about it now, Seth in Street Fighter IV is a pain to beat on Easiest.

Hardest, is an impossibility. D:

Alternative
October 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I would have to say a lot of the final bosses in the Kingdom Hearts games are really tough.

Another one I found to be quite tough, and take me quite a few tries to beat was Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie. She is really tough to beat, considering you have to avoid powerful attacks while still stationery filling up statues with eggs. It might have helped that I hadn't had my health doubled from the door right before her.

mooglehunter
October 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM
my toughest bosses are:
2. jedi apprentence <soul caliber 4>
theres no perticular order there

OH YEAH, major pain right there.
kind of like the blue chick from dead or alive...4 i think?

then there's MOTHRAAK!!!!

razzbat
October 8th, 2010, 10:54 PM

yeh, as sf4 was my first sf game, i completely sucked at it and i got so fustrated with seth. now i find he's pretty easy on medium.
I would have to say a lot of the final bosses in the Kingdom Hearts games are really tough.

Yeh, square usually loves to that. And the organisation guy in BbS Final Mix looks impossible in the trailer. seriously, all through the video is just the player getting absolutely raped, over and over again.

Trish
October 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM

Haha, true. Seth is so freaking cheap. -_-

A Pixy
October 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Haha, true. Seth is so freaking cheap. -_-

Just know Zangief and Sagat are both higher than him on the Tier List. Not that I care. o3o

Oh, and, although he may not be hard, but he's a pain. The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3. His gimmick? You have to slowly trudge through water while all the enemies from the game you've killed come back to haunt you. Walking forward for 10 minutes or more is tedious and boring. D:<

seocompany
October 12th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I think Banjo Kazooie Grunty hard, expecially since I have not even doubled my health, and its purpose is simply amazing, plus the fact that you need a pair of golden feathers to you constantly.

Lance
October 14th, 2010, 10:23 AM
One of the few bosses I remember not being able to beat (At least not the first few times) was Dullahan in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. He is damn near invincible, in every context of the word.

What I find awesome about Dullahan is that he is easier to beat, the Weaker your party is. If you party is around lvl 40, you're twice as likely to win as a party level 60 or higher.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!
October 15th, 2010, 04:25 AM
One of the few bosses I remember not being able to beat (At least not the first few times) was Dullahan in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. He is damn near invincible, in every context of the word.

What I find awesome about Dullahan is that he is easier to beat, the Weaker your party is. If you party is around lvl 40, you're twice as likely to win as a party level 60 or higher.

Thank you for that bit of wisdom. I have yet to face him in that game. Haha.

Five hardest bosses for me? Easy.

5: Brock (Pokemon Stadium)

I must seem pathetic for putting this, but let me explain. I managed to tank all 3 other trainers in his tower with a single RENTAL Lapras. Then I got to Brock, saw his Pokemon, danced around a little, and picked Lapras, Ivysaur, and Wartortle. The battle started and he led off with Onix. Easy win, so I picked Bubblebeam. Onix was faster, so it went first. It used Bind. Remember how in the first generation, Bind kept you from doing anything? I do too. I switched out to Ivysaur, he switched to Vulpix, I switched to Lapras, I beat Vulpix, he sent out Kabuto, I beat that too, and he sent Onix out again. No matter what I did, it always attacked first with Bind. It was only a stroke of luck when it missed and I managed to attack.

4: Armaros Manifest (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Up until the Phantom battle leading up to Arumat joining, I didn't do two things: Train Faize, or use Blindsides. Turns out Arumat's level is equal to Faize's, so he came into a level 44 party at level 28. I managed to get him up to 33 before the Armaros Manifest boss fight, where I (switching to present tense because I haven't gotten past it) keep control of him. My party's pretty balanced with Arumat, Lymle, Bacchus, and Reimi, but that doesn't matter at ALL in this fight.

For those who don't know, this battle is against a giant magical bug and its little bug lackeys. Said lackeys have the ability to cast Silence (preventing you from using any abilities) and Earth Glaive (very, very low chance of dodging it). Normal attacks don't do more than 100 damage to Armaros Manifest. The only way to actually hurt it is to pull off a Blindside so it exposes its weak point and get in a few good attacks (Arumat's Unholy Maelstrom does a little over 12,000). This must be done while dodging area attacks, keeping the rest of the party alive, and killing off the smaller enemies.

-facedesk-

3: Gabriel Celesta (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

Anyone who's had to face him hates him. He has 2.5x the HP of the final main game boss, he's quick, he's hard to stun, and his attacks suck. I managed to beat him with a level 150-ish party, and that was just barely. I went back when everyone was 255, and I lost. And I lost again. And I gave up on him. There are some things you're supposed to remember, like guarding against Lightning Feather, but it's hard to focus on that in the middle of battle.

2: Lenneth (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

Welcome to difficult. Even though she's a little version of her true form, she's a major pain. I stared blankly at the tv for a good ten minutes after she wiped out my whole party with one attack. It took me a few months or so (most of which was spent reading strategies and watching battle videos), but I finally beat her.

Oh, she has 7,000,000 HP.

1: Freya (Star Ocean: TTEOT)

You get a Battle Trophy for beating her in under half an hour. Just...watch.
THE hardest boss ever. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-21Gw2fRvH0&feature=related)

Gentleman Fish
October 15th, 2010, 10:25 AM
hardest boss is from borderlands. the secret one from the armory

Zeta Patchouli
October 15th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Oh, god.

5. Kefka: Final Fantasy VI

He is a bastard. 4 tiers of battle, no form having less then 20,000 HP (Sans Lady), and is quite happy with abusing Heartless Angel (Reduces all party members to 1 HP). Now, I admit, I could have had an easier time if I trained a bit more, but even so, this boss was still one of the hardest I've fought.

4. Omega, FF1:

A weaker version of the FFV form, yes, but still tough. This thing will tank almost every attack, and it will blast you for at LEAST 700 damage (You can have only 999 HP), and can spread that out throughout your entire party.

3. Red, Pokemon G/S (Severely underlevelled only)

Yeah, you might be surprised I put him so far up. Try fighting him with a party between Lv. 42 and 50. He is incredibly hard then. Most of his attacks will one-shot you in this fight, and he isn't too bad at playing the waiting game, either. Status ailments are your best friend in this fight.

2. Nitori, Touhoumon Scarlet Emerald:

Yeah, this is my number two. This WILL change soon, but it is bad. Her team is composed of mostly legendary-like puppets, including AVIVIT, which is something you can't get without cheats. Her moves are powerful, and she has quite a bit of power. Oh, did I mention her team is Lv. 90-94? Because that's important, too. You'll NEED Full Restores and Revives to win this fight. I went in with only 2 good puppets, though.

And something tells me that the final boss of this game is even harder, but this fight scared me off of even that one.

1. Nega Filgaia: Wild ARMS 3

Oh dear god. With this cheap attack, it's easy to beat, but otherwise? It's pretty hard. You first have to fight Beatrice (18,000 HP), then Red/Blue Filgaia (8,000 each), then some weird form that I can't remember what it does. (18,000) The real fight starts there as it transforms into a slime form (5,800), it can't be hurt by bullets, you need to use Magic.

Then it transforms into four lizards. (5,800 each) Touch them with bullets, and they heal right up, touch them with their weakness and they switch. You need to beat them in ONE shot, else they will recover. The next form is it transforming into two dinosaurs (8000 each), they're easy, though one completely heals them, and they like to cast buffs.

The next form is no joke, Dragon Nega Filgaia (24,000 HP), will easily, and readily, cast Arcana Disaster on you, which is to use eight attacks on you that, by themselves, wouldn't be too bad, but together, will ruin you. Not to mention that it gets more resistant to magic as it goes on. The next form is Claw Dragon Nega Filgaia (28,000 HP), which is ridiculiously easy... until the 7th turn, when it restarts the ENTIRE battle. All the progress you made up till' now? Gone in an instant.

Three forms to go. What is there left to do? Oh, how about Spirit Nega Filgaia (12,000 HP), this form is cheap. You have to attack its main self, but it has two servants, one with Max DEF and one with Max SpDEF, which WILL block your attacks. Also, desroy the servants, and Nega Filgaia brings them back at full power.

Two forms left, and this next one, Angel Nega Filgaia (13,000 HP), is the same as the last form. And then the final form, Yggdrasil Nega Filgaia (30,000 HP) will spawn these tentacle things that Maximize a stat. It makes it immune to an element, AND they can attack you with a powerful attack. It does this once a turn, so yeah.

And if you don't get the secret garden, you probably won't have much healing items, and as far as I can remember, healing spells suck in this game. You want the resistances maxed out, or this thing will pwn you. I never used resistances, which is why this thing pwned me so hard.

KanadeTenshi
October 15th, 2010, 12:37 PM

I beat him with Sakura, a low-tier fighter. Without losing one round.

Let's see now.. hardest boss.. probably all Devil May Cry bosses on Dante Must Die.

Ninja Caterpie
October 15th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Panthera Cantus from TWEWY on Ultimate without maxed stats and all that.

Dang, his dash attack hits like 700, and his kick hits like 3.5k, a third of the highest possible max HP you have. I had like 4k HP at the time. None of my friends beat it without cheap juggling tactics; only I did it legitimately.

It was, however, the most awesome experience once I started to get a feel for his attack pattern, really took advantage of the Dash and slowly chipped away his HP (ON BOTH SIDES! This was one of the most even battles I've ever fought in terms of my damage compared to my partner's). It was awesome.

Kenpokid
October 15th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Gotta be the boss after Cirno from Touhou 6: Embodiment of the Scarlett Devil.
SO
MUCH
HEALTH

GaXeL
October 15th, 2010, 03:16 PM
FFXIII bosses are pretty hard, ODIN WAS LIKE IMPOSSIBLE

RYOUKI
October 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Devil Survivor boss battles. The Bel demons are always immortal! You couldn't hit Beldr with anything except for normal attack, Belial has the flames of death, then Jezebel's the lava stage of doom, then Belberith's stinkin' swarm that will drain your energy and make new monster, and Belzaboul that regenerates HP and MP after every battle, can attack ANYWHERE and is strong against EVERYTHING! Then the Bel tower, like, wtf !

Archer
October 21st, 2010, 10:48 PM
Devil Survivor boss battles. The Bel demons are always immortal! You couldn't hit Beldr with anything except for normal attack, Belial has the flames of death, then Jezebel's the lava stage of doom, then Belberith's stinkin' swarm that will drain your energy and make new monster, and Belzaboul that regenerates HP and MP after every battle, can attack ANYWHERE and is strong against EVERYTHING! Then the Bel tower, like, wtf !
haha, I couldn't even get far enough in that game, so I gave up early.

I don't see what people are complaining about Dullahan in Golden Sun 2 for... Pretty easy, IMO.

The Crab in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is horrible. Not impossible, but it's way too early in the game.

The Striders in Half Life 2 are horrible. The part where you're in the open area with no cover and there are like 5 striders constantly shooting at you? I couldn't find the ammo crate, so sprinting around for Rocket ammo is cruel... They're just hard games, though. I finished Bad Company 2 on Hard mode more easily than I finished Half Life 2 at all...

SacredMiKeY
October 22nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
5. Baal from Disgaea 1 (only because I steal his items first and I'm horribly underleveled) Oh and people who say prinny baal is harder are retarded due too prinnys being grenades once thrown.

4. Emerald Weapon unless you have 3 Mime materia, a Knights of the round at level 2 and W-summon it's pretty impossible.

3. The Anti guy quartet in Paper Mario 64. In Bowser's castle there is this statue thing that asks you questions if you miss 3 you have to fight the Anti guys. Now for those of you who haven't played this game they each have 40-50 HP (I can't remember.) and they hit you for 10-11 and when the max for Hp is 50 (w/o Hp plus badges) thats pretty rough.

2. Zodiark 50 million HP on top of that his attacks do way too much damage. ( I have yet to beat it.)

1.Tantarian from Final Fantasy IX You are just way too underleveled for this battle and it takes very good prediction with items to beat this thing. Harder than Ozma IMO.

Void1
November 16th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Inward Chaos in dissidia: final fantasy. i have beaten it though :)

Shadow Ball
November 18th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Gyorg in LoZ: Majora's Mask ruined my childhood.

Also, Nevan in DMC 3 makes me rip my hair out. :c