PDA

View Full Version : Why are you still into the Anime?

Spinor
July 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
No, I'm not asking this as some Senior bully that's trying to troll a poor freshman that likes Pokemon D:

What I want to hear from people is why do you still watch Pokemon today, or are just into it or such. And for people who outright don't watch it but still come to this section, what was your trigger switch to stop watching Pokemon? (Cue the Misty fans!)

As for me, I enjoy Pokemon like Sushi. It's so much of a lot of stuff I like and hate so mashed up and compressed together, it's something different I enjoy.

donavannj
July 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I just watch it because it's Pokemon, it's kinda consumable, it's anime, and it's there. ;P

PearlShipper4Life
July 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
I watch Pokemon for Ash :D

Yuoaman
July 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I stopped watching when I matured enough to realize that not a single one of the characters had an arc. It was ridiculous, and I grew fed up with it.

Eric.
July 10th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Sometimes there really isn't anything better to do.

*Charizard*
July 11th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Dunno really. I watch it... then i get over it.... then i watch it again! but i guess i watch it cause of ash

pokemonloverXD
July 11th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Ash, that's my main reason

Darthbane2007
July 11th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Sometimes I wonder myself. But mostly to see if Ash will win a Pokemon League for once...

Mew~
July 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well Im not sure at all and I want to watch it... its like I have to watch it when I can =O Maybe its Ash, maybe its pikachu, maybe its the horrible jokes... who knows.. :\

Barker
July 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I never really got into it as a kid, but I got the Indigo season a few days ago and have been watching a few episodes every day. I like it. Maybe the recent seasons aren't as fun?

Owl
July 11th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I watch it because it amuses me from time to time xD
And its not that bad, plus I've been watching it since I was like 6.

IcyIce
July 12th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I don't really know honestly. I just watch it and like it. Most likely because of the girls in it.

Vernikova
July 12th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I watch it because it's the only thing keeping me constantly connected with the franchise. I play the 3rd version of each game and buy a pack of cards once every blue moon so it's the only way I can learn all of the new Pokémon. I also enjoy it as a week-to-week and because it' a long runner which we have so few of that aren't comedies.

sean777
July 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I like the battles and the combo moves you cant use in the games like dawns flame ice that mamoswine and cyndiquil use in the contest battle :)

lx_theo
July 12th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I don't go out my way to watch it. If I'm bored and its there, i usually see it as a little better of a choice than the rest of the junk on TV. Not really that good of a show anymore, though.

Night Soul
July 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I think I still watch it because I used to enjoy it very much when I was jounger and now I think I'm just used to watching Pokemon once in a while. Also the characters kind of grew on me and I want to know how their journey goes on. Another reason might be that friendship, care and trust are huge themes in the series. It's a good way to relax from the nasty real world outside ;)

carmelhadinosaur
July 16th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Pokemon is the only show I watch. I stopped watching it some time after it stopped being popular here, and after about two years returned only for the music. But eventully it was inveitable to return to watch the anime, so I owe all those YouTube users for uploading every episode for us to watch.
As I said before, the idea of the Pokemon world is just brilliant. Though it's been 8-9 years without much Pokemon here, I have a friend who plays one of the games on his spare time. Pokemon is just awesome.

Mikuru-chan
July 16th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hmm. A few reasons, but I don't think anything related to the show being any good. Force of habit, interest in the games, just liking having a show to keep up with every week. The only characters I *really* like are Jun and Shinji, and they're probably going to leave by DP. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I do keep watching every week, and even then, I know I'm going to keep watching when Best Wishes starts, too. It's just addicting, I suppose.

chikorita125
July 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
i like the anime because i don't really know, i liked watching Diamond and Pearl because it was new i guess

Noltron200
July 16th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I used to love watching pokemon... We're blasting off again!!!
Meowth thats right lol

Which brings me to this poll...

Edit: crap I did it again!!!
The poll was going to have 4 questions:
I used to watch, not anymore.
I still watch.
Ive never watched it.
I dislike the show.

biancafanboy
July 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I still watch it, about 6 months or so ago I started from episode 1 now I'm at episode 370 :). Its such an awsome show, I hope they never cancel it.

Vernikova
July 16th, 2010, 03:52 PM
These threads basically discuss the same matter so I'll just merge them together.

Maydevoir
July 19th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Ehh, I stopped watching it ever since the new voices came in. I never really liked them. But fortunately for me, I have DVDs of the old seasons, so it's really the only reason why I still watch it.

Pokemon Ranger Lisa
July 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I just really like the characters, and I don't want to ever stop watching it. I'm really glad too that they still keep Ash, and I looove Dawn. ^_^ I hope the girl in black and white will be awesome too!

luf100
July 19th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I watch it because I think Team Rocket is hilarious. xD Although I am one of those people who likes the old seasons (and voice actors) more, I still watch the new episodes though. Just not as much. :P

Meganium
July 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Because I like it! That's why! :P

I also wanted to catch up with all the seasons I missed (especially the Diamond & Pearl seasons). The old episodes, however are classic for me.

nidorina
July 21st, 2010, 08:42 AM
I like seeing all of the Pokemon brought to life on the show. And I love Ash.

lahorsea
July 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
I've only gotten back into it myself after many years. I was only up to the Johto league before I ceased watching it. I've been honoured by sites that allow me to watch the episodes online. I guess for me that childhood safety, chasing dreams and achieving them, in the more teen young adulthood, life how all difficult that may seem. What's seen in anime is only a moment away however in life it could days, weeks, years or decades away before it happens, I'm speaking from a psychological point of view. The good ol' days are always the best...

Noblebeastx
July 23rd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Well i have been playing pokemon and watching pokemon and even collecting pokemon stuff since i was age 5 till my age now.I have always been a fan of the anime thou due to there's been many times i have wanted to quit pokemon due to being picked on or issues with real life,but when ever i see a episode it cheers me up and makes me want to keep on going.That is my reason.

Hantsuki
July 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
I don't watch the new episodes (after the Johto season), but I still re-watch the old seasons. I'm actually on episode 100 right now. But anyway, I find it interesting probably because I grew up with it. I also didn't understand some of the dialogue and references that the voice actors threw together in the script, so it's nice being older and identifying the little references I never noticed before.

I also don't watch too many dubbed anime. The only ones I've seen are ones I saw when I was younger (about 10 of them at least) and when I started rewatching them in Japanese, I noticed a lot of the things the dub tries to do like translating exact lines from the original, but because they do this, it loses the whole joke or pun that you would understand if you understood Japanese. In the dub Pokemon series however, I know there are some things that fans are bothered with like the whole Brock calling a riceball a donut (which he actually fixes in the later episodes), but from what I've noticed, the dub voice actors have a lot of fun making up their own dialogue while still trying to get the same point across as the original Japanese version. In my opinion, you can watch both versions and enjoy them, but when I watch both versions of most other anime, I tend to like one or the other more. Then again, it just might be because I grew up watching the dub, so my opinion is probably biased.

prateek203
July 23rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
I never watched it full, so yeah, I want to watch it all!

darkmagus
July 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM
I just want to see Ash win a official pokemon league from the games. come on it's been almost 13 years!!

Vernikova
July 25th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I just want to see Ash win a official pokemon league from the games. come on it's been almost 13 years!!

I wouldn't hold my breath on that until the games stop coming out.

darkmagus
July 26th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath on that until the games stop coming out.

ajajajaj i know. someday i'm going to have to give up XD

Air Pichu
July 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I still watch it because...... well its just funny and cool! Haha
I like to see battles, maybe that's it. Heck, I still watch the old ones.

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Pokemon holds an irreplacable spot in my heart.

since the days i watched the clasic kanto cartoon before getting on the school bus. then the day i got my first game, emerald

no matter what other hobbys i have pokemon will allways be something to fall back on when im in a down mood.