PDA

View Full Version : ''Cloning''?

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to know what exactly the process of 'cloning' a pokemon involves.

1. Does the original pokemon have to be a certain level?
2. Will it be unchanged?
3. If the original is shiny, will the clone be shiny?
4. Can legendaries and event pokemon be cloned?
5. If you clone the pokemon does it stay at its current evolution or does it revert back to it's first evolution?

I don't plan to clone myself, just I want to trade some pokemon and have some shiny legendaries that I don't mind people cloning as long as my pokemon stays the same :P!

Alternative
July 11th, 2010, 03:52 AM
A copy of a Pokemon or "Clone" is and will be the same as the original Pokemon at the time of cloning. It will remain unchanged from the time the Pokemon was cloned.

grodkorv
July 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
the pokemon you clone will be an exact copy of the originall! nothing will change=)

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Ah cool :) how do they do it? I obviously have to trade my pokemon to them first and they clone it somehow, how do they go about this?

Also what's the difference between a cloned pokemon and a hacked pokemon?

And how could I tell if mine was hacked o_o

Rei Shingetsu
July 11th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Action replay is used.

And cloning can be done on BOTH legit and hacked Pokemons, so if the cloned one is a legit right from the start it'll be legit all the way, it depends on how people see it.

Some deemed cloning as unlegit, but mostly people are fine with cloned legits.

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Okay cool :) How do I check if my pokemon are legit? I all of my shinies and legendaries off a friend so I can't be certain they're not 'hacked', even though I'm not sure exactly how you hack a pokemon lol :)

I wanna try and check before I trade anyone so I don't get into any trouble :(

Rei Shingetsu
July 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Okay cool :) How do I check if my pokemon are legit? I all of my shinies and legendaries off a friend so I can't be certain they're not 'hacked', even though I'm not sure exactly how you hack a pokemon lol :)

I wanna try and check before I trade anyone so I don't get into any trouble :(

You can check the locations and where they're met etc.
I think by now you already know where each Legendaries are located.

Eg. You totally won't find Giratina in any routes, nor will you ever find a Shiny Torterra in a cave etc.

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Well I've just checked and all my pokemon that I got off the same person - shiny celebi, shiny kingdra, jirachi, shiny charizard, shiny raikou and arceus were all met at route 26...

does this mean my pokemon aren't legit :(?

Rei Shingetsu
July 11th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Well I've just checked and all my pokemon that I got off the same person - shiny celebi, shiny kingdra, jirachi, shiny charizard, shiny raikou and arceus were all met at route 26...

does this mean my pokemon aren't legit :(?

Sounds like it.
You can't find Celebi, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Jirachi, Charmander-and it's line, and Arceus there.

Iceman3317
July 11th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Ya they are hacked. Also,hacked pokemon is using codes from an Action Replay.

Cloneing is fine though.

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 07:54 AM
:(((

If I get them cloned the clone will still be hacked? What about if I breed from them, are the offspring legit? Obviously I can't breed the legendaries and the shiny ones probably won't be shiny after :/ but still, the offspring might be tradeable?

Oh and one final thing - is it okay to allow people to clone my pokemon if they're hacked if I tell them?

Rei Shingetsu
July 11th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I'd say the offspring will be considered legit.
But no, once it's not legit, cloning it won't be considered legit.

Aithne
July 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Okay, well at least I can get some trading use out of my poor hacked pokemon via breeding :(

thanks for all your help :)

TwilightBlade
July 11th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Sorry sweetie, this board is strictly for trading Pokemon over Wifi. Feel free to post and ask questions about deducing a Pokemon's legitimacy, etc, in the lovely Wi-Fi Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=198838) Thankies.

Closed~