PDA

View Full Version : Ps2, Xbox, Gamecube

latios633
November 15th, 2004, 07:59 AM
What Is The Best Out Of Ps2, Xbox, Gamecube

Breakout
November 15th, 2004, 08:02 AM
I would say The Playstation 2, better games, graphics and the controls are easy :D

THIRTY-SIX
November 15th, 2004, 08:04 AM
gamecube cuz of pokemon and pikmin and viewtiful joe but ps2 has better games other than pokemon

Breakout
November 15th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I like Pokemon & Pikmin, but I like GTA & Metal Gear Solid more. Metroid Prime gives me a headache XD

MetalGearX
November 15th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Playstation2 hands down!! Playstation 2 has best rpg type games as well as the other stuff. I cant wait for Metal Gear Solid 3 to come out lookss sssssooo cool!!! and Devil May Cry 3!!!!! in march tho..

Pogiforce-14
November 15th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Me, I would vote for both if I could. gamecube has all teh classic titles I grew up with and the graphics are pretty sweet. I also find their controller the easiest to handle. On the other hand, PS2 has some sweet graphics as well and I've enjoyed their games as well. The only major divider between the two is that Nintendo is primarily G rated games while PS2's best is their T rated games. So if I'm in the mood for an all ages game I play Gamecube, but if I want something a little meaner or gruesome I play PS2.

This topic needs to be careful. I started one like this some time ago and these things get pretty heated. :\

Kipkip
November 15th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I don't think it's really fair to ask this question because there are a lot of Sony and Nintendo Fanboys here. Xbox doesn't stand a chance.
Anyway, I say Xbox because it has the best games in my own opinion. It also has Xbox Live which no other console online thing can beat it.

Pogiforce-14
November 15th, 2004, 01:29 PM
PS2 has live functioning as well though, and Nintendo beats them all when it comes to multi player games.

This was what I was talking about though. That sort of talk is going to turn this topic into a flame war. I just know it.

Kaiorga8929
November 15th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I've always supported Nintendo since I was 4 years old *hugs my ancient GameBoy and my Famicom*... since I consider it the first ones to release video games or at least worthy video games (also liked tetris and atari games)... as for PS2, the only games for Sony I ever liked are the Sonic series, Final Fantasy, .Hack and Bomberman... never liked Xbox though (no offense to Xbox supporters)

Lucifer
November 15th, 2004, 01:44 PM
PlayStation 2. Even thought the machine itself is a shoddy disgrace, it has the largest variety of great games (Final Fantasy, GTA, Devil May Cry, etc).

Although you can't beat the charm and sheer brilliance of a Nintendo title. Between the PS2 and GC I have everything I could possibly want. Well, apart from a magical lamp and some eye-candy hanging off my arm. But I'm working on that.

Crimson_Blade
November 15th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Xbox duh. This is because Xbox is the best system you could ever get out of the stores other than those other systems Xbox is the best.

Pokemon Master #1
November 15th, 2004, 03:08 PM
The Gamecube is the best.All games on it are awesome :D !

Timbjerr
November 16th, 2004, 01:58 PM
When it came time for me to choose between those three, I jeered towards GameCube for its sure-to-please titles. That and I was uber mad at Sony for how crappy the PS1 was IMO. I only see Xbox as a means to hypnotize gamers into fighting in Bill Gates's evil army...Halo is just a training device...call me a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I believe it is true...

Crimson_Blade
November 16th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah right Bill Gates is ___ and I know he owns microsoft and all but it's not a mind control device and you knoe it, it's a funbox.

BigBoss
November 16th, 2004, 05:32 PM
You have flamed the GCN #1 and plus Halo and Fable are enough to make you love the Xbox more than PS2 and GCN? Tell me some games on Xbox worth playing. Fanboy power cannot win a debate. But you know, this should be closed because there is gonna be alot of flaming and debating here. PS2 Is the best system in my eyes.

Brittany
November 16th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah right Bill Gates is ___ and I know he owns microsoft and all but it's not a mind control device and you knoe it, it's a funbox.*wonders why you are flaming a system when nobody is provoking you*

Sorry, but consoles can't have sexual preferences either

kthx

Stevo-kun
November 16th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Well Gamecube wins it hands down because of everything really cus you can play you gameboy games aswell as your GC games and the connectivity is cool and ofcourse PS2 would have a wider variety of games cus it has been out for like 3 or more years then the GCube and XBox and I aint going any further then to say how has the PS2 got better graphics then the GCube. Where did you find that out and I dont think anything of the XBOX cus I hate it.

Sorry if I offended anyone cus I didnt mean to cus this is just my Opinion. Plus I have never had any other console besides one from Nintendo.

Pokemon_Veteran

Alex_
November 16th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Gamecube, everybody likes gamecube games, as P-V said it can play GBA games as well as GC games so yeah gamecube XD

Jeremy
November 16th, 2004, 06:33 PM
GAMECUBE!

Reasons why: Great and famous games.
Famous masqots.
Great grapics.

Also X-Box is just a dumbed down computer. :P
Also, dragon_masta_99 sweetie, how can a mechine have a sexual oreintation? Also, X-box only got like 2 games that support it. :P Watch, as Halo series ends, it will bye bye to X-Box/X-box 2.
Gamecube = Funcube
X-Box = Evil mechine used to take over minds of the ignorant. XD

Thank you for reading this, now I'll stop spamming. XD

winnie
November 17th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Gamecube...PS2...Gamecube...PS2...Gmaecube...Bwah!!
Very hard decision between these two.
I like gamecube because i grew up playing those types of games and there are more party games and stuff so more people can play. PS2 has final fantasy and soul calibur...though gamecube has it too....but i you know....
i chose gamecube ...'cause i play more games on it. Hard choice....

Stevo-kun
November 17th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I agree with Pika 2 on the XBOX issue. Plus how many famous games r on the cube comared to the XBOX. There is Link, Zelda, Mario, Luigi(now), Donkey Kong, Samus Aran, Fox McCloud, Falco Lombardi and thats only a few XD and not forgetting Pokemon ofcourse XD. This is just my opinion.

Pokemon_Veteran

Kipkip
November 18th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I would like to say that Halo is not the only thing surporting the Xbox. Halo and DOA 3 was the games that showed what the Xbox could do and propelled it in the market. The Xbox today has many titles surporting it. Some examples are:
- Halo series
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series
- Project Gotham Racing series
- The EA sport games on Xbox Live
- Fable
- Tom Clancy: Splinter Cell series
- Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon Series
- Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six series
- Dead or Alive series
- Others I can't think of right now.
Even though the Tom Clacny series are on all consoles, they have Xbox Live surport for the Xbox so they're more popular on the Xbox. Ok. So there are many games surporting the Xbox right now and even if Halo didn't exsist, the Xbox would still be in the console war. I'm not flaming the other consoles or people (In fact, I believe that all the consoles are great.), I'm just clearing up the the statment that, "Xbox would be nothing without Halo," if false.

Pogiforce-14
November 18th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Actually, it isn't false. halo was the ground breaker for Xbox that Mario 64 ws for N64. just like Mario64, if that first game wasn't made, it would be likely that that system would have never taken off.

Also, allow me to freely break down what series is famous for what system producer if I may as far as I know

Sony: .hack, tomb Raider, Digimon (switching sides), Xenosaga, GTA, FF, devil may cry, jack and daxter, rachet and clank, Sly Cooper. That's all i can think of for now.

MIcrosoft: halo, Fable, Tom Clansey, and again, all I can think of.

Nintendo: FFCC, Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Zelda, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, Sonic (for now), Pokemon, Advanced Wars, Megaman Battle Network, yugioh, Digimon (claiming from sony), Animal Crossing, PIkmin, Metroid, Earthbound, Early FF games(Which are in the remaking process), F-zero, Kirby. All I can think of for now.

If you think my listing biased, keep in mind that Nintendo was an established game maker before they even made systems. Plus they've been making games long before both Sony and microsoft. So of course they'd have a longer list of established games. :\ And the reasson why these matter is because a lot of these are currently being remade or enhanced to be played on Gamecube or GBA. Most of them already are.

Crimson_Blade
November 18th, 2004, 01:35 PM
I'm not over reacting!!! ok maybe I am but these people are litterally calling Xbox gay when it's not. And what's up with all the GC votes anyway?? So maybe it does have some good games but I don't see it with its own online play.!

Timbjerr
November 18th, 2004, 01:46 PM
I'm not over reacting!!! ok maybe I am but these people are litterally calling Xbox gay when it's not. And what's up with all the GC votes anyway?? So maybe it does have some good games but I don't see it with its own online play.!
no one called the XBox gay, you're the one who called the GameCube by the name "GayCube" and all I did was implement a little bit of my dry humor to call the Xbox a mind-control device produced by Bill Gates to create an army of evil.

You're right, GameCube has some of the best console-exclusive games out there, but it doesn't have any online play other than PSO. For me though, online play really isn't that important a feature...

Stevo-kun
November 18th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Well who needs online play when youve got all these good games XD. But I have heard that the GCube 2 is gonna have online capability XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Crimson_Blade
November 18th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Uhhh yeah they are they go to give me what do you call it, less reputation and when they say it, you know what I'll just PM a mod about this.

pokemon01
November 18th, 2004, 01:58 PM
GameCube is the best system there is

Arcanine
November 18th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I like both the Game Gube and the PS2.

The GC has great games and Pokemon games and other things I like about it.

The PS2 has Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, also has other great titles.

But over all I like the GC better (but I take the PS2 with me on trips when I leave the GC home O_o;;).

Pogiforce-14
November 18th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Uhhh yeah they are they go to give me what do you call it, less reputation and when they say it, you know what I'll just PM a mod about this.
Probably the reason why They gave you bad rep was because you were making a fuss over the poll results as of now plus you did bash gamecube. :\

In reference to the matter of internet play, the gamecube does have soem internet capability, it's jsut seriously underplayed. Currently the only game I own that can work over the net is Mario Kart Double Dash, and I'm perfectly happy with it even if I don't have the LANs and broadband adaptors to hook it up to. Also, whoever said the GC2, the codename of their next system is called the "Nintendo Revolution".

Soph
November 18th, 2004, 04:32 PM
I like both the Game Gube and the PS2.

The GC has great games and Pokemon games and other things I like about it.

The PS2 has Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, also has other great titles.

But over all I like the GC better (but I take the PS2 with me on trips when I leave the GC home O_o;;).I think that is because you like the GC best but the PS2 has better games. XD.

Pogiforce-14
November 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
That's arguable. Eventually one gets sick of the gore and blood and the squish noises you hear on PS2. That is why I use it only when I'm in teh mood for that sort of thing.

Kipkip
November 18th, 2004, 06:04 PM
In reference to the matter of internet play, the gamecube does have soem internet capability, it's jsut seriously underplayed. Currently the only game I own that can work over the net is Mario Kart Double Dash, and I'm perfectly happy with it even if I don't have the LANs and broadband adaptors to hook it up to. Also, whoever said the GC2, the codename of their next system is called the "Nintendo Revolution".
Nintendo really needs to foces on online play on their next console. Online is getting to be a more and more important thing for the consoles. If they don't, they could be in danger. Also, many of their games would be 10x's better than they already are if they were to put it online.

Timbjerr
November 18th, 2004, 06:12 PM
you do know I am a mod , right?

And there is nothing I can do about reputation, don't complain if someone gives you bad rep...it's no big deal...

Jeremy
November 18th, 2004, 06:14 PM
X-Box isn't gay! How can it be gay when it isn't fun? And if yall are confused, gay also means "bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer." So there! Take that sweeties :P
X-Box isn't fun, has the smallest amount of popular games, and expensive.
PS2 is fun, many games only for PS2, online games.
Gamecube is from Nintendo, 'nuff said sweetie. :P

Stevo-kun
November 18th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Nintendo really needs to foces on online play on their next console. Online is getting to be a more and more important thing for the consoles. If they don't, they could be in danger. Also, many of their games would be 10x's better than they already are if they were to put it online.

Like I said earlier the GC2 is more then likely gonna have online capabilities.

Pokemon_Veteran

Kairi
November 18th, 2004, 09:39 PM
You people need to play Ninja Gaiden…

Anyways, I…really don’t care about consoles. I see one TV. All my wireless controllers feel the same. I have a large library from all the consoles. I really don’t worry about “Oh, I’m playing a Lamecube game…” If I’m having fun, then I am, darnit. If given the choice of multiple platforms though, I go Xbox for the hard drive. Just easier. Though with a USB GCN card, and I’ve never filled my PS2 card…still little difference.

Soph
November 18th, 2004, 10:05 PM
You people need to play Ninja Gaiden

Anyways, Ireally dont care about consoles. I see one TV. All my wireless controllers feel the same. I have a large library from all the consoles. I really dont worry about Oh, Im playing a Lamecube game If Im having fun, then I am, darnit. If given the choice of multiple platforms though, I go Xbox for the hard drive. Just easier. Though with a USB GCN card, and Ive never filled my PS2 cardstill little difference.what is a lamecube??? IS that some bashing name for the Gamecube?

fudge01
November 18th, 2004, 10:15 PM
why bash the gamecube? it is the best we all know it, xbox sux XD

Stevo-kun
November 18th, 2004, 10:25 PM
why bash the gamecube? it is the best we all know it xbox sux

There is no dought about that XD. Its the truth XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

aaaaaa
November 18th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Soph, Fudge01, please put more thought and care into your posts, before you make them.
Fudge, try proof-reading your post before you make it, it'll make it easier to read.
Also, try to give reasons behind your hatred.
Soph, if you're going to make a post, keep it on topic, and try and have some purpose.
Thank you.

Kairi
November 18th, 2004, 10:50 PM
People call it that, yes. But note the quotes, that doesn’t mean -I- do. In the context of my post, you can see I really don’t give a rip about a console, positive or negative.

Soph
November 18th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Yea I know, but I was just wondering if Lamecube was a bashing name or a typo. XD.

Hiroshi Sotomura
November 18th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Sarah: I really don't take it as offtopic.

Anyway, I'm just gonna say that I'm very interested with the GameCube. Though it seems it's not the best, it does have high quality on the games it has. Fire Emblem, Mario, Pokmon... you name it. Of course, XBox and PS2 have kickoffs too.

The way people rate things is disgusting. I DON'T care about graphics. I don't care about much, except a fun game.

Pogiforce-14
November 19th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Which Nintendo has more of than any other console. Because again, they've been around longer, and they're bringing back the classics to a new system.

Happy Dude
November 19th, 2004, 10:07 PM
well out of them all xbox is the strongest.next is gamecube.then ps2.

over all i like gamecube the best.

Timbjerr
November 20th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Sarah: I really don't take it as offtopic.
also notice that she became a hypocrite in going off-topic just to yell at Fudge01 (who really didn't deserve it) and Soph (who really wasn't off-topic). -.-"

Basically, like everyone else has said so far, I like Nintendo consoles for their exclusive games. Mario, Pokmon, Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda, Fire Emblem, DK Country. Basically, I love all those series for their simplistic yet strong storylines. I also like the fact thet they are pretty blood-free and what violence is there is really just cartoonish. I am deeply in touch with my inner child, and I'm not much for really gorey or adult games found on other systems exclusively. I mean, I'l play them among friends occasionally, but I'll never really want to own it and get into the habit of paying it all the time.

Miyu-chan
November 23rd, 2004, 09:53 PM
I like x-box and gamecube. =] I've never played a ps2 before, so I don't really know. xD;

And if you take offence at someone's posts, the best thing to do is to ignore it, or send a pm. Because the last thing we need is a flame war. o.o; No offence! ._.

John Denver
November 24th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Sarah...yet again...-_-

Well I'm dumbstruck right now. I love the GCN and all, but PS2 has DDR! I think if they came out with an actual, GOOD ddr game, I think I'd like PS2 and GCN even...

Course once Zelda comes out...WHOOOOOO doggy ;)

BOO ya!

Draik
November 24th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Well Xbox can emulate, PS2 can play DVDs, and Gamecube is just downright good. Gamecube is dominate.

Stevo-kun
November 25th, 2004, 01:44 AM
YAY for Gamecube XD. Darn right aswell. Gamecube just plain and simple rules.

Pokemon_Veteran