PDA

View Full Version : Best Song in 3rd Generation?

Heart's Soul
July 16th, 2010, 02:29 PM
What's your favorite song in RSFRLGE? This includes all songs in the ROM, counting unused tracks.

For me, I guess the Sevii Island Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaNP4mWg7Vo). I loved the Lake of Rage song in GSC and it feels so nostalgic, it makes HGSS' version sound... horrific.

scotlineV3
July 16th, 2010, 04:39 PM
WOW
That song its cool too, i like that one!

My favorite of all is just one, the Final Battle theme on FireRed and LeafGreen!
Its sounds so EPIC and COOL!!! and gives me the power to Kicks Gary´s White and Flat A**

XDDDDDDDD

Ninja Caterpie
July 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM
whoa, that is really epic. ;-;

Mt. Pyre Peak also has an epic theme (seriously, the start just screams of action), as does the Abandoned Ship's theme. Most of the city themes in Hoenn are really good in the sense that they provide great background music. They don't stick in your head, but they really feel right for the area and are just great for setting atmosphere, as are the forest and cave themes. The route themes, however, are just EPIC. They get higher and higher in epic level as you progress through the game, too.

However, I'm a sucker for epic piano pieces that evoke emotion. The SS. Anne remix in the Oceanic Museum is one of the best pieces I've ever heard. It made me feel nostalgic when Emerald was the first Pokemon game I ever played. ;-; Verandturf Town is probably my favourite, although Emerald's ending song just made me shiver. It was just such an awesome song that just made me god "damn, that game was fun" when I finished.

Heart's Soul
July 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, actually I got my top 3-

Sevii Islands
Champion (FRLG)
Oceanic Museum

The third had the best remix of the S.S. Anne I've seen. Fourth is the Deoxys theme, duh.

PKMN Trainer Alison
July 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM
I like the Pallet Town remix. It sounds like the normal one but it just sounds softer and nicer. But that Sevii Island music sounds really good too. It brings back the memories of playing Crystal. :D

NovaStar
July 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Well if I had to whittle all of the songs just down to three I'd have to say third place would go to the Regi's Battle music because the syncopated notes and awesome bass gives you a thrill while battling. Second would be the Sevii Isle theme just due to the nostalgia it gives off and the new instruments introduced as well, making it a personal favorite. Final my most favorite song of third gen would have to be the Abandon Ship music from R/S/E. I'm just a sap for song with a sense of distress and sorrow.

Close follow-ups were; Mt. Pyre (Peak), Pallet Town, and the R/S/E Champion theme.

hack1
July 17th, 2010, 12:37 AM
My fav is Regi theme. FR/LG Champion theme is good too. And R/S/E Legendary theme.

Haowakeorden
July 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I loved the Route 104 and Ever Grande City songs. I find the Ever Grande City song especially relaxing.

In addition, the R/S/E intro movie remix (the song that starts playing when the words "Game Freak" appear, including the repeating section at the title screen) from is still my favourite intro song out of all the Pokémon main series games that I have played.

Marx_Ultra
July 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM
For me, it would be (Hoenn): Deoxys or Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, (Kanto): Champion/Rival.
Deoxys's music I like the most though.

revelp8
July 17th, 2010, 04:07 PM
whoa, that is really epic. ;-;

Mt. Pyre Peak also has an epic theme (seriously, the start just screams of action), as does the Abandoned Ship's theme. Most of the city themes in Hoenn are really good in the sense that they provide great background music. They don't stick in your head, but they really feel right for the area and are just great for setting atmosphere, as are the forest and cave themes. The route themes, however, are just EPIC. They get higher and higher in epic level as you progress through the game, too.

However, I'm a sucker for epic piano pieces that evoke emotion. The SS. Anne remix in the Oceanic Museum is one of the best pieces I've ever heard. It made me feel nostalgic when Emerald was the first Pokemon game I ever played. ;-; Verandturf Town is probably my favourite, although Emerald's ending song just made me shiver. It was just such an awesome song that just made me god "damn, that game was fun" when I finished.

i swear, stole the words right out of my mouth.

Mt. pyre has AWESOME music and some of the remixes on youtube are just transcending! Abandoned ship is sad, ghostly kind of thing but meshes really well together

abandoned ship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoqE35_4z8)

Blueknight
July 17th, 2010, 04:18 PM
My Top 5:

1)Champion Gary (The best Champion theme)
2)Sevii Islands (Awesome remix, better than GSC IMO)
3)Team Aqua/Magma Grunt Battle (Very catchy and cool music)
4)Hoenn E4 (Epic theme!)
5)Abandoned Ship/SS Annie [Both calm and relaxing :) ]

şɧąγɱïŋ
July 17th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I love the abandoned ship music, but also the desert music from hoenn.

Slowking Bro
July 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'd have to say it boils down to the Team Aqua/Team Magma theme, the Archie/Maxie theme, the Route the 204 Theme, it sounds nice and majestic. Also, Victory Road, Elite Four battle, and Champion Battle. Last, but not least, Route 111.

Forever
July 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I dunno. D: Probably the first route where you battle trainers, since that's the only one I can recall right now. It sounded somewhat peaceful (In Hoenn), though not a big fan of those games, so yeah.

PiPVoda
July 26th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Slateport's theme music, :D

Could listen to it over and over again.

shininglatios217
July 26th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I think the best one is the Victory Road remix they did for RSE.

mal'akh
July 26th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Time for me to be lame and say the Credits, Rival Battle, Vendanturf Town music.

SinisterEternity
July 26th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Right, I love the Elite Four Theme of R/S/E
aand the Elite Four Champion Theme ~
And also the Gym Leader Theme c:

Timbjerr
July 26th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Archie/Maxie's battle theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBWdDjSEouE)

It's probably my favorite villainous theme in any Pokemon game ever. :D

psychic987
July 27th, 2010, 04:20 AM
I'd have to say that my favorite is the Lilycove music. I can't stop humming it when I'm bored. :D

AceDragonite
July 27th, 2010, 06:19 AM
1. FRLG Champ theme, makes me want to destroy gary
2. FRLG E4 theme, makes me feel like I'm getting the crap beat out of me and am going to make a comeback
3. Archie Maxie Theme
4. Frontier Brain Theme
5. Battle Frontier theme, makes you want to win!

bobandbill
July 27th, 2010, 06:23 AM
The Rival battle music in RSE is worthy of mention, I feel, and does make up for a lot of the otherwise faily rival that RSE has.

But what about some other 3rd gen games? Colosseum and XD both have their own Miror B tunes that are very worthy of mention. =p

AceDragonite
July 27th, 2010, 06:33 AM
oh snap forgot about those, I looooove Mirror B's music

bwburke94
July 27th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I personally like the Magma/Aqua battle theme best (not the leader one, the grunt one)

DarkVhozon
July 27th, 2010, 01:18 PM
FRLG champion battle and the Emerald e4. I need epic battle music to get me totally in my element.

okjoek
July 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Team aqua/magma grunt theme.

c3rad
July 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
When comparing FR/LG's tracks to R/B/Y, I liked most of the Classic R/B/Y tunes better.

But there was one exception, the Pokemon Mansion theme. I liked FR/LG's much better because I found it much creepier. The R/B/Y one is all high pitched and doesn't do much to create that feel of "something real bad went down here", while the FR/LG one starts soft and gradually builds up, letting out small bursts along the way. This gives the Pokemon mansion more atmosphere as well as that dramatic tension that you've stumbled upon something really tragic and a little scary, something that shouldn't have happened at all.

Not to mention that it works well in an abandoned powerplant as well.

As for R/S/E, I don't really remember much of the music, but I did like Team Magma/ Aqua's theme.

560cool.
July 28th, 2010, 01:01 AM
The remixed Johto songs of Sevii. ALL of them ! :P
But, specifically the Azalea/Blackthorn remix on Four Island (?). I kept my DS open all night to listen to it.

Dr. Faustus
July 28th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I <3 the Deoxys Theme. I don't know why.

okjoek
July 28th, 2010, 06:16 PM
has anyone looked up the anime theme of the r/s/e wild pokemon battle? it sounds much more epic =D, as in that i mean i would run into wild pokemon just to hear the music =D

itshamtarotime
July 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
ending theme to RSE is best for piano

Kip
July 30th, 2010, 12:07 PM
The best music in Generation II has to be the Champion Battle theme from FR/LG. It never gets old, no matter how many times you hear it. Still give me goose bumps. ^^

JhfJO366AM4

The HG/SS remix really doesn't do the theme justice IMO. :/

Another one I really like in FR/LG is the standard Battle theme - I know it's overplayed a tad but I reckon it whooped R/S/E's theme.

M3o5-Ny4eU0

Nice! :D

Kanto_Johto
July 31st, 2010, 06:29 AM
S4Ytbq-98QE

That's one of my favourite pieces of music in all of Pokemon, along with National Park and Route 14/15. 20 seconds in is when I put my '**** yeah' face on.

I honestly don't know why so many people despise the music in Hoenn. Some of it is amazing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
The Archie/Maxie battle theme.
FR/LG Elite Four battle theme.
FR/LG Champion battle theme.

Silhouette
August 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
I love the Regi battle theme of RSE. IMO, Platinum and HGSS butchered it. :O

Luigi-San
August 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
bqzgn0rCtHw

gFI-7iIwaXU

Route 110 and Cipher Peon Battle <3

Dankesque
August 1st, 2010, 04:47 PM
That's one of my favourite pieces of music in all of Pokemon, along with National Park and Route 14/15. 20 seconds in is when I put my '**** yeah' face on.

I honestly don't know why so many people despise the music in Hoenn. Some of it is amazing.
Concurring with the route 104 choice. I'd sometimes just stand around in there and space out to the epic music.

I also love the music in the FRLG Sevii Islands--islands 1, 2, and 3, if I'm remembering correctly. Great stuff.

Jak
August 1st, 2010, 05:39 PM
Deoxys' battle theme was probably one of the most genius songs they've ever come up with. It's just...wow. It sounds all digitalized and then get epic and then...kick-line jazzy? Awesome. Favorite song for the whole generation.

JirachiFan99
August 2nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
i like the FRLG gym leader/Champion theme and the emerald rayquaza theme, but most of all, i like the frontier brain theme. <3

Edgar7878
August 2nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
the frontier brain music in emerald

General Bravo
August 2nd, 2010, 07:53 AM
Outside of the champion battle in FRLG, I liked most of the songs in RSE, because....well, just because. The one I liked the best would have to be, I suppose, the music that plays just before you fight the champion.

Diablo361
August 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4lEbTa9T0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0op0MRFaGOs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U495W97gSZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVDqZgVaOg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kH2O7kd_3Q

raidenx2008
August 3rd, 2010, 04:13 AM
I like Hoenn`s Verdanturf town BGM. IDK why? Just it`s so...SOFT.

JAK3
August 3rd, 2010, 07:04 AM
For me? Well, I would have to say EverGrande (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghp_d3KLDDk/) City, just listen to that music, it's a champion theme.

colcolstyles
August 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM

I saw this thread and said, "Oh, I know this one! Oceanic Museum, Verdanturf, and the Credits ftw!" No joke. And then I got here and read this. o_O

Though if I had to add a track from FR/LG, I'd say the theme for Routes 11-15. It's makes me feel both nostalgic and adventurous at the same time.

Heart's Soul
August 4th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Sometimes, I just love to kick back and listen to a tune or two from this generation. Then I go and play a popular Russian game on my computer. Beat the Golden DVD pack, FINALLY.

Really, you do know that Colloseum and XD count right?

Team Fail
August 4th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Well...
-SS Aqua theme
-Emerald's Battle Factory theme
-Unused Route 38 theme
-Unused Pokemon Center theme (Ruby)
-Petalburg City
-Route 102
-Magma/Aqua theme
-Regi Battles
-Sealed Chamber
-Legendary Battle theme
-Four Island theme
-Water Labyrinth

Too many. lol

ManmadeWalnut
August 6th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Route 104! Badass horns. Such an awesome, cheery tune.

vinylscratchp0n3
August 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I'm stuck between these:
Cave of Origin
Oceanic Museum
Mt. Pyre Peak
Frontier Brain Battle
Shadow Lugia Battle
Abandoned Ship (S.S. Cactus)

Naruto Uzumaki
August 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I love the Sevii Island theme :D

Totaldile
August 9th, 2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl8_R4cBEQs&feature=related

^THIS.
It's a remix, but is so frickin' epic I can't NOT listen to it.

Electirizer
August 11th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Slateport city really made my day.
It's all catchy

The Red Chain
August 16th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'd have to say the Regi & Weather Trio battle themes. 8D
They fit the legendaries well, especially the Regi one.
It sounds just like a robot operating. XD

Musician of Literature
August 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'm a fan of a lot of the RSE music. Mt. Pyre Peak, Ever Grande City, the Regi battle music, Cave of Origin/Meteor Falls, and The Elite 4 are among my favorites. GO HOENN!

Kelp
August 20th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Well if I had to whittle all of the songs just down to three I'd have to say third place would go to the Regi's Battle music because the syncopated notes and awesome bass gives you a thrill while battling. Second would be the Sevii Isle theme just due to the nostalgia it gives off and the new instruments introduced as well, making it a personal favorite. Final my most favorite song of third gen would have to be the Abandon Ship music from R/S/E. I'm just a sap for song with a sense of distress and sorrow.

Close follow-ups were; Mt. Pyre (Peak), Pallet Town, and the R/S/E Champion theme.

This. I look forward to battling the Regi's all through the game. =)

Kianna
August 27th, 2010, 01:09 AM
RSE battle themes FTW.:-D

PlatinumDude
August 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I like the R/S/E themes, especially the music in Slateport City (I sometimes leave the DS/GBA running so I can listen to the music). In FR/LG, however, I like to listen to the Kanto trainer battle music.

solarowl
August 27th, 2010, 03:25 PM
i liked the lilycove and slateport theme.... and some routes like 104..... AND the music when u talk to a team aqua grunt ( before battling) so yea.. dunno about lg and fr...

Amore
August 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hmmm....the Sevii Isles where it's a remix of Violet City is nice...really good. Better than Hg/Ss version, in fact - less ott and irritating.

However, I also really like Slateport Oceanic Museum theme.

seocompany
October 31st, 2010, 11:58 PM
I must say that it comes down to the Team Aqua theme Team Magma, Archie Maxie theme, the theme of Route 204, which sounds great and majestic. In addition, Victoria Road, Battle Elite Four and the Champion battle. Last but not least, Route 111. Favorite song of a generation.

Jak
November 1st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Well, that's good to know, but it doesn't help your marketing strategy. Might try not reviving old threads next time, k? OH BUT WAIT. You're an adbot! So there won't be a next time!

I win.